Speaker 1: Out of the Gate with Maddy McClean, Chris Henry and Brad Christensen.
Speaker 2: Oh, cheer, this is a nice little cold one. And to be honest, this is very naughty because this is it's Tuesday. To record the podcast on Tuesday and it comes out on a Wednesday. But today it's like a foam Monday because obviously weekend, so having a drink on a Monday night feels really naughty.
Speaker 1: It does feel a bit naughty.
Speaker 3: I'm here for it.
Speaker 1: I'm so here for it.
Speaker 3: Make your own rules.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well you came back.
Speaker 3: Yes, I was real stress that you would change your mind.
Speaker 1: But no, no, no, no, this is what what happens when a third comes back for a second go. Does that become something more serious than just a little fling?
Speaker 2: Oh? I don't know. I suppose he's he's seen all of her bits and pieces. He's seen how the good side of us, the bad side of us. And though we did put on a very good performance.
Speaker 1: We put in a great before.
Speaker 2: We were respectful, mindful, Yes, we were all of the things.
Speaker 1: Yes, but he's come back for us for round two.
Speaker 2: Maybe we are we going towards a thrapple.
Speaker 1: Well, do we have to do we have to show new moves tonight or do we just repeat like rinse and repeat what happened last time.
Speaker 3: I'm expecting some new materials.
Speaker 1: New material shit.
Speaker 2: Wow, I don't know what. And from listen to the podcast would know that it's definitely not something that we.
Speaker 1: Are never have been and don't plan on starting now.
Speaker 2: Yes, too old for that ship.
Speaker 1: Well, this is true, this is true.
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 1: I gave it a go once, and I've said this on the podcast. Wasn't for me. It wasn't for me.
Speaker 2: He wouldn't ask to go back.
Speaker 1: I wasn't asked to go back, and I didn't, not for anyway. Came a lovely to have you back on the podcast. Did you have fun last week?
Speaker 3: I had so much fun last week.
Speaker 1: No, no regrets, no repercussions or anything like that. No, No, we talked. We talked about the new Man last week on the podcast. Did the new Men listen to the podcast?
Speaker 3: Did listen to the podcast? He's very supportive, So oh.
Speaker 2: That is good.
Speaker 3: It's nice.
Speaker 2: Did you have like the real sort of PTSD that I have something leave the podcast where I think, oh, that's right, it's not just three people in a room having a beer and chat into each other. Actually, other people listen to it.
Speaker 3: I was driving home and I was like, oh God, did I say too much? Was that really appropriate? And I just started running through everything in my head and I was like, oh, well, there's nothing I can do about it now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, welcome to our worlds to be fear. I think I did stop caring a while ago, because we're coming out three years.
Speaker 2: I know, God, impressive, very long term relationship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but maybe sometimes I do feel like maybe I do need to care just a little bit. Well, I think about it just a little bit.
Speaker 2: I think we're a little bit different these days. When new television Sean McLain interviewing the Prime Minister and then we were coming here and have some chats, I'd be a little bit like, well to you.
Speaker 1: And now I'm loosey goosey radio many he's crazy. Whatever I can do and say whatever I want.
Speaker 3: You've de aged about fifty years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's funny because I do him. Obviously do a radio show now as well, and we record a little podcast. Well, we play like some of the best bits from our show on the podcast, but we do a separate introduction just for the podcast.
Speaker 2: Pouring his other podcasts away.
Speaker 1: In fairness, I often plug this podcast on that other one. It's okay, just don't do it the other way. No, But what happens is we'll go from like very family friendly content to as soon as the podcast which is on, it's just like it gives you permission to do be say whatever you want to do. Be say.
Speaker 2: Well, I think it's I think it's the Internet, this crazy old thing called the Internet, because I had situation today actually where I've unfortunately just received our second strike on Instagram on the out the gate channel for posting something inappropriate.
Speaker 1: What did we post?
Speaker 2: We'll talk about it. We'll talk about it so now, and I'll show you the photo that I tried to post. I didn't think it was that bad.
Speaker 3: I'm a drigued now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So if Instagram flags it, does that mean someone has someone complained?
Speaker 2: No, it was instant like it's obviously got some sort of little algorithm and it can find it. And it's like it was like, hey, second warning. So now we can no longer participate for we will and lives just in case we're going to do a live we can't do Have we ever done a live oh we can barely get a video together. Well, there also bless us with make a bold claim like let's go live, and then we never worked. So yeah, throughout the gate Stars.
Speaker 3: Maybe you need to move your content over to Twitter.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, well this photo had come from Twitter. So you.
Speaker 1: Is filthy.
Speaker 2: I find you. I find Twitter filthy on numerous different ways. But when it goes from like here's what Elon Musk has to say to hear some guy getting absolutely railed, it's quite the contrast. It isn't a contrast. Hello, Yeah, and then it's like, you know something in Palestine something indiction.
Speaker 3: Have you seen people you know on there?
Speaker 2: A couple consentually though, people that I know of, people I know of.
Speaker 3: No, I've definitely stumbled across a couple of Twitter accounts that I know you the person is that's posting and I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, oh wow, with face and everything. Yeah, yeah, that's bold, it's very good on them. Yeah, that's what you want to do.
Speaker 2: I actually actually know I example of this not that I knew this person super well, and I mean, to be fair, that quite public about it. I probably could say that say their name, but I used to follow it. Did follow this Australian comedian, stand up comedian guy, like really funny, all this sort of stuff. You'd see him all over TV, even like organized. He had like a shop where he used to sell kind of weird merchant that sort of stuff. Anyway, cool, great guy. I stumbled across him the other day. Who has a couple of finishes that are like not online with what's going on the end? I st to see him on like on the normal Instagram channel that I follow him, like appearing on Brickfast television and stuff, and I'm like, well, you know, we never yacked someone's arm, but I'm not sure the producers of their TV shoes knew about let's just say his desire for a trade.
Speaker 1: Can I tell you that I went to a wedding over the weekend, and I've got a few stories to share from that throughout the podcast. But we were taking a bunch of photos and I was in the bridal party and my best friend was getting married. And you know, if you're like when the bride, you often see when the bride and the bride'smaids are getting married, they wear like cute little rogues or pajamas or something like matching sets. So we've got these like Team.
Speaker 2: Bride, very cute, lovely nice, like a teal green.
Speaker 1: Yes, what I will say is definitely made for like petite women and not for a man, because.
Speaker 3: Like, you know where this is going.
Speaker 1: But do you know what I've just do you know what's happened is she just sent me like a drop box folded to upload but like all the photos that I took from over the weekend. And I think because I just wentles, you know, like swipe swap, swipe through my album just being like, here's all the photos from the wedding, I think I've uploaded the ass photo to the like shared dry.
Speaker 2: Do you have a beautiful bottom? So you should definitely show it off, take a closer look at it. We haven't got a sort of little nuts king at the bottom, do we no nuts?
Speaker 3: Set?
Speaker 2: No, just just checks just checks PG. Still wouldn't be able to get that away on Instagram though we could. You can't post ass, can't post ass crash. I don't know. The first time we got done was when the it was around the Olympics, and it was when two of the Olympic divers just had their medals on and they were showing their bottoms and that's what we got. Their first strike.
Speaker 3: Was just celebrating winners. I know who hates a winner? Father Natalie Instagram.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, agreed.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say which upload service were you using? Was it like Google Drive or something because you can remove things that you've uploaded.
Speaker 1: No, it was like a random It's called wed uploader, and I can upload the photos, but I don't have access to see it, which gives me faith that the only person that's seeing the photos is the bride. And we've known each other since we're thirteen, so we've seen everything. Yeah, how are you boys anyway?
Speaker 2: Goods?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 3: Thanks?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Rail goods yep, no edit. Great long weekend. I really just leaned into my age over the long weekend. I spent the whole day in the garden. I did some DIY. I made like a little shower screen because we're getting out outdoor shower updated. I cooked lots of lunches. I just really enjoyed it, to be honest, it was really nice.
Speaker 1: You in your meal prep ero, Oh yeah, very.
Speaker 2: Much so, because I'm in charge of cooking in my house, so we have we have light blue jobs and dark blue jobs, and I am in charge of the kitchen, and Matthew is in charge of the laundry, which works quite well. So I didn't have to play Monday a good way. That's great. Always got clean andies folded, put in the drawer, best the dream. And he sent me to eat for lunch every day.
Speaker 1: See we split ours inside outside, so we can you.
Speaker 2: Get the raw deal on your inside outside.
Speaker 3: Are either inside or the outside?
Speaker 1: The inside, absolutely the inside.
Speaker 2: He's not allowed to participate in the outside.
Speaker 1: I'm not allowed.
Speaker 3: So what do you have to do in the outside?
Speaker 1: Just like mother lawns trimly hedges like handy work. I would say, oh yeah, bins bins.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's a good outside job.
Speaker 1: Yeap, here's what I Here's what happens though, And I've talked to a few people about this who have very specific like inside outside splits the outside. People often end up feeling like the heroes, like, for some reason, doing the heavy lifting of like trimming a hedge seems so much bigger than like doing a load of washing, or like vacuuming the floors, and so Ryan often feels like he's the hero of the household because he does all the things in the outside and no like consideration is given to the like cooking and the cleaning that I do inside the house.
Speaker 3: Wait, so if you cook, you also have to do the dishes.
Speaker 1: Ah No, he will often pick up the dishes. But I do do the cooking, and I do a lot of the I'm not saying it's like exclusively me that does the cooking, exclusively me that does the laundry. But I would say heavy lifting of those things I do, he'll be lifting of outside he does.
Speaker 2: Yeah, your inside outside is kind of like it's sort of like that real hetero norder thing around a barbecue where it's like the woman will like go to the supermarket, make the salads, everything already, throw the table, and man, we'll just be like I got some steak and everyone's like.
Speaker 1: Beautiful Cairo Hero, Hero, totally absolutely how you grilled those Yes, it was like well done. You turned a piece of steak once, look did it more than once?
Speaker 3: You did it wrong?
Speaker 2: What was your weekend, Cameron?
Speaker 3: My weekend was gougeous. It was done in ha Hai or a bunch of friends.
Speaker 2: Lovely. We love the regions.
Speaker 3: I love the regions. We had to get out of the super city and go visit the real New Zealand.
Speaker 2: What's the report from Real New Zealand? What are they up to? What are they talking about?
Speaker 3: Actually didn't speak to anybody who wasn't from Auckland, not by choice. There was just a big group of friends all hanging out. A few drinks, a few beach swims, swim, yeah, multiple swims. Actually yeah, a bit brisk, but worth it.
Speaker 1: It's so nice. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now, I know that you did your wedding, but before that, because obviously it's just been a recent gay public holiday of Halloween. Did anyone in your life celebrate Halloween over the weekend?
Speaker 1: Well, I've truly felt like I was one of the only gays that wasn't at this party over the weekend.
Speaker 2: I agree only gained the village that didn't just spend Halloween.
Speaker 3: There was a gay party in the weekend.
Speaker 1: Okay, great, so we're all in the same boat. Because all I saw was photos of people that I know on Instagram going to this propaganda Halloween party, and I.
Speaker 2: Take my head off to them. As a fellow promoter of events in the homosexual space. It looked incredible, and.
Speaker 1: I take I bowed down to your absolutely, oh god, absolutely, But I'm not blowing smoke up your ass. I've never been to propaganda, and I've been to many a misbehavior and you do put on a very very fun even think very fun.
Speaker 3: Misbehavior is a vibe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well another one on November the fifteen. Thanks, yeah, come along, get them on truly.
Speaker 1: If you are in Auckland, gay, straight, ally, whatever, we would love to see you. What misbehavior. I say, we as if I'm like, have any partner at all? I'm an eight to participant in misbehavior absolutely, And if.
Speaker 3: You're not in Auckland, we do welcome people from outside Auckland to come. Came Auckland for this event.
Speaker 2: I came, won't talk to you, but you can come along.
Speaker 3: Which is really funny because I was anyway, random, long story, but this lady was fitting some curtains for my mom on and she was like, oh, so where are you from? And I was like, oh, I live and lived in Total and then she's like, yeah, but where do you live now? And I was like oh and then I got real shine, real Auckland. I was like Auckland and she was like you don't like telling people that, do you? And I was like no, not at all.
Speaker 1: There's still an Auckland stigma, isn't there? Yeah, as a South Island or I really I get it, like I really feel that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just a town full of people that didn't I don't know whether the people who grew up here.
Speaker 1: Are Yeah, no, neither. I don't know. I know hardly any actual Aucklanders.
Speaker 2: Oh, actually be very am dating one.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, of course in the west, the West Auckland. Yeah, okay, hey, can I kick off the podcast or something?
Speaker 2: Yes you can.
Speaker 1: Last week, you were very kind and you got us a gift.
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 1: You got us the new firefighters calendar for twenty twenty five and we flipped through it, didn't we And we highlighted some of our favorites and we looked at each like months, and then we went then we went out, and then we went individually and we said, oh, I like the look of mister may or mister whatever. I know a firefighter here in Auckland.
Speaker 2: Was he in the calendar?
Speaker 1: He was the person I know was not in the calendar.
Speaker 3: It's a friend.
Speaker 1: But I got a message from him yesterday to say, I'm on shift with your favorite and then he attached a photogo of I can't remember what month he was maybe, mister June. Maybe anyway, this is Rob and can you have a look at what he is holding in his phone listening to Yeah, he listened to last week's podcast and heard our little shout out, and then I messaged my friend and said, if Rob would like to send a little message for the podcast, that would be great, he said. I said, I hope this shout out wasn't too awkward. Last week, he said, I was at dinner listening to it with sixteen other firefighters and was awesome. Heaps of laughs. I definitely appreciate this shout out. And then he sent a really lovely message which actually reminded that there is actually like a bigger picture at play for the firefighters, so he said, He said, I wanted to give your heads up about the Quei Firefighters calendar. Now we know our chiseled rigs and rugged looks for a site to behold, but beyond that, we wanted to shine a light on the serious message. Firefighters, like everyone else, face challenges with mental health. We see things that people should never see. We put ourselves out there serving the communities to the best of our abilities, and sometimes just sometimes things catch up with us. So this is what the QEI Firefighter Calendar is raising money for. It is raising money for the mental health challenges that a lot of firefighters are facing. And so yes, we can absolutely, let's be honest, drawl over people like Rob mister June. But also there's a serious message there. So go out and support the boys. Get the calendar. You can enjoy looking at the chiseled good looks and also really help out with the cause as well.
Speaker 2: And it was such a beautiful copappa that they're in. But also.
Speaker 1: Hello Rob, Hello Rob.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: It's brilliant work, isn't it amazing work?
Speaker 2: You know, Like, how do you get those muscles?
Speaker 1: I don't no.
Speaker 2: Bones.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't have a single muscle in my body.
Speaker 1: I you know what I'm This year, I've been on a bit of a like health kick. I've been running, I've been going to the gym, I do protein powder in my smoothies. I feel like I'm really getting on top of my exercise and stuff. There's no fucking way, Like, there is no way I could ever get to that point.
Speaker 3: I think genetics has a lot to do with it.
Speaker 1: I agree it is hard work.
Speaker 3: I definitely think hard work.
Speaker 1: But you're either built. You're either built to be able to do that or you're not. Yeah, yeah, I remember I was. I looked at the TikTok. Actually, you know Paul miscal there, Irish actor. He was in like Normal People and stuff. Yes, so he's in the upcoming Gladiator movie.
Speaker 2: I've just recently come across this and I have done a deep dive continue.
Speaker 1: And he was on the Graham Norton Show recently and he was talking about the fact that he had like it had to get a personal trainer for the for the training to be on glad Gladiator obviously and very full on. I think for a lot of movies movie starts, we've had to like bulk and work out and stuff. It's pretty rigorous training. And he said that the trainer arrived at his hotel to like to do like an assessment on him and made him strip in the hotel room and just stand there in his underwear. And first of all, I thought, the lucky bustard. It's a low lucky bustard. But also Paul said that the trainer just like circled him, staring at him and was like, Okay, there's things that we can work with here. But then pointed out the areas that though. He was just like, there's nothing we're going to be able to do to fix this particular part of you. I think it was his arm, yes, yeah, So it just made me think like, even with the best paid, like Hollywood trainer, there are some people that just aren't built to look like that. And that's fine, and that's fine, and that's fine.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm glad that we've got these boys, including Rob just out there looking after us and what made it last week? You know, don't take that to heart. I don't think that arson is the right approach here.
Speaker 1: No, it's not.
Speaker 2: No, Rather, you bought the calendar absolutely, now personally deliver it absolutely. Yeah. Speaking of chiseled Physachs, We're gonna message from our good friend Bradley this morning, didn't we we did? Did you listen to us?
Speaker 1: I haven't listened to it.
Speaker 2: Did you listen to it? Because I was like, no, we'll hear us on the podcast and this is gonna be a lime rit So it gets crossed.
Speaker 1: So Brad sent us a voice message and I'm just going to play it for us here. Okay, perfect.
Speaker 4: Cuta boys Cutter Gators quick message to say, missing you guys. Looking forward to being back next week with you guys in the studio.
Speaker 3: Awesome podcast.
Speaker 4: Last week with Cam you found a third our Heart. I'm over in Washington, DC being part of a bid team to try and secure the hosting rights for the World Gay Games in Auckland and twenty thirty. So watch this space. Lots of hoteies around. Of course, I get lots of secret service hotties. With the election coming up in a couple of days, so very good sight seeing.
Speaker 2: Watch off to New York in the morning.
Speaker 4: Looking forward to that for another five days, and then I'll be back next week in the studio. Don't forget up them no babies.
Speaker 1: Great it was actually there was actually more PG than I was anticipating it to be.
Speaker 2: Absolutely that was really nice and we couldn't realize that whether we could talk about what he had done and mentioned it there, yea. But he is part of I think there's three or four of them that have traveled over to Bid New Zealand to be the host of the Gay Game, which is like the Olympics of homosexuality.
Speaker 1: It's huge of.
Speaker 2: What there as many things that you can continue fun.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't that be fun. No, this is amazing and like such a cool thing for Bread to be part of in such an amazing opportunity for us to potentially become the host of this incredible event.
Speaker 3: That would be amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's very talented as our Bread. He's got fingers in many parts.
Speaker 2: He's a dark horse technology. Its a great as well though, just sort of like at the bottom of the frame. We like to think that.
Speaker 1: He looks dodgy as fuck, did I say.
Speaker 2: Wonders lots of secret service.
Speaker 1: He's got like a black hair dark he's in a hoodie on. He looks like absolute riff raff.
Speaker 3: He looks like the guys on Succession when they're kind of going off the rails a little bit.
Speaker 1: Anyway, I'm sure that Bray will be able to tell us more about that, but but that was lovely to hear from him this week.
Speaker 3: We also just need to take a moment to appreciate what he's doing for the sight seeing an ALTI.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, the orange Face will be going off of the Gay Games come here.
Speaker 1: We want they want to. People won't know what to do with themselves.
Speaker 2: I mean, obviously, because it's like the Olympics of gay sport. You know you're going to be having some teams. Maybe it's going to be a little bit like when we had the World Cup here where you gets like pick a team and like maybe instead of like Nibbia, you're kind of like, I'm Marri from Brazil.
Speaker 1: Are I beat you? Are you? Have you dibbs Brazil?
Speaker 5: Already?
Speaker 1: Have you?
Speaker 2: Mean to be fair? I feel like I have a spiritual connection to the Latina.
Speaker 3: Can you tell us more about that connection.
Speaker 2: It's just an appreciation for the physical beauty.
Speaker 3: It's very much a visual thing.
Speaker 1: As I mentioned, was at a wedding over the weekend.
Speaker 2: It looked a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: It was amazing. So this is my best friend. We've known each other since we're thirteen. We met first out of high school, but she was new to Queenstown and the rest of us had all gone through like primary school and intermediate together. So that's like a hard thing, right to rock up as like the new kid on the block to already very established like year level, so it took her a while to integrate into our friend group. But the story goes that I had a best friend at high school and she was actually in the Slatin war Bird she was in a quite serious car accident. She's fine, like totally fine now, but it was serious at the time, and she ended up in hospital for like a couple of months. And so my best friend was like out of action for two months, just like Beard ridden in hospital, and so I needed like a new best.
Speaker 2: Friend giving me the giggles.
Speaker 1: So I asked Jackie, the woman that got married over the weekend, if she would fill in. There's like my temporary best friend. What an asshole thing to do, right?
Speaker 3: Did you explain it in that way, like once.
Speaker 1: She's back, you're done. But can you just fill in for a couple of months? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 2: She was like, hey, look, I'm new to town. It sounds like great, a little bit of a team contract. It's a good opportunity.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll get Yeah, I'll get some work on my resume and then I can apply for like a more full time position once the contracts are So I.
Speaker 2: Have a hunter round, workout, can work out who you can find. Yeah, you know, I think I'm going to go after UNI.
Speaker 1: Yeah. We'll hope to be heat hunted based on your previous work over the last couple.
Speaker 2: Of months, you know.
Speaker 1: So she took on the role and congratulations to her. And let me just say she was an exemplary employee over a couple of months.
Speaker 2: Would you give her a written and a herb reference?
Speaker 1: Absolutely? So much so that once the two months like probation was up and my other best friend returned to school, retained her in the position.
Speaker 2: So real.
Speaker 3: Was it like a first and first equal or was it like a one outshow on the other How did that work out?
Speaker 1: No, the other one remained one of my closest friends. But I will say that over the years, not immediately, but over the years, I did become closer to Jackie, the temporary best friend. We just had so much in common and ended up living together in Wellington when we left high school and all sorts. So anyway, she got married over the weekend. It was amazing, congratulations Jackie, congratulations chacking Jackie. So she married an Indian like a guy with then heritage, and so on Friday we had a sand gheete, which is like a traditional Indian ceremony. It just made me think, I don't know if either of you have ever been to a wedding with like a different cultural element. We are so boring as white people so boring. I'm not even going to try and argue, like I love all we some wedding, but my god, this is so much fun. There were so many fun elements, so I thought I would share some of them because it was brand new to me, like I've never been a part of anything like this.
Speaker 2: And lots of people that were at the wedding quite new for them too.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, I mean her almost her entire side would have never been to anything like this. So first of all, we get dressed up like we have to wear like traditional Indian garb. I loved the outfit. I just loved them.
Speaker 2: This is probably a little bit too dash of the podcast. I'm going to ask you, anyway, did you have to go like they easily about.
Speaker 1: Easily available, easily available. Yeah, yeah, there's like a few different shops and one quite close to me, and we stalk them that I could go to and get one. So we dressed up, and so the first thing that the happens is the bride's family were at the venue where the whole party was taking place, and the groom's family all went and got ready with him, and then the groom's family do almost like a parade with like drums and music, and the groom leads the parade and the whole family follow behind like dancing. They make their way to the venue where the bride's family and friends are and then the two like two sides gather and like meet and you they swap things so like one volunteer from each side of the family would swap something, so like one of Jackie's aunties would swap something with one of Jav's aunties the groom, and so it was like the two families whopping. It was like jewelry, you know, like necklaces and wristbands and things like that. It was amazing. And then this was really fun. So Jackie had to go behind like a like a rope almost almost like she was behind it behind a door kind of thing, and there was a rope and Jeb the groom, had to come up to the rope where the bridal party all stood. We stood in front of the rope and he was trying to get let into Jackie and we had to like rise him basically and be like no, no.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, what are you gonna like, what are you providing? Why do you deserve to be let across the threshold? And so were just like we were just going forgot. We were having so much fun with it.
Speaker 1: And then they get money and they like try and barter their way in, and so then it was just fun because we'd be like, that's not enough, Like you got to give us more money to get to our friend kind of thing. Amazing, and so then all of his family and like groomsmen start handing him money so that he has more money to be able to buy his way in. So much fun.
Speaker 2: Looked awesome, like went for quite a week while or yeah.
Speaker 1: It was like from three o'clock until kind of late into the night we're to do a choreograph dance routine. It was so much fun, Like the whole thing was amazing, so much fun. So if you even had.
Speaker 2: The chance to go, yeah, that would be lovely. It is weird like traditional Western weddings, aren't they, Like you know, we're talking about lots on the podcast. Obviously we many got married we were doing the podcast. We had our old school gates would know this, but we had a stag party for many in the studio. We played Pin the Penis on David Nika.
Speaker 1: A highlight, real highlight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've played lots of games, but you know, it's all very traditional when I suppose in our world we try and take the Western world of it and then we try and like make a quick change to it because obviously we of the same sex. So it's amazing to watch it completely different.
Speaker 1: Was incredible. And then we had a beautiful like wedding on Sunday as well, and it was still really fun to wow the same it was smaller, it was more like family oriented, and then the wedding was bigger and you know, more more what what we would be used to as a wedding celebration.
Speaker 2: How fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I did have to do a speech though, and we did it, and I did it with a friendom we did it in the form of a poem, and I've got like this, I'm still I've got like day after regret where I'm like, oh God, did I take it too far? Because I did tell a story. I did tell quite a naughty story that I think would have gone over most people's heads. But it was definitely a naughty story. Yeah, can I read you? Can I read you the excerpt from the speech and see if you understand. I don't want to be rude it up, so I'm just reading you.
Speaker 2: It's you're like, yesing on the mat go buckets story.
Speaker 1: I'm just going to read you one small part of it, Okay, I said, there's so many stories to tell about Jackie, but time's going fast. And besides, stories like what happened under the shotover Bridge should remain in the past. That's just a little, very little personal story that not many people know. But there's one tale that needs telling, and it's about a pet. No, not big Puss the cat, but a rabbit. And now Jackie's starting to sweat. She loved her bunny so much it often sheared her beard, until one morning she woke to find the bunny well dead. Now does that make any sense to the two of you?
Speaker 3: I think you're talking about a vibran.
Speaker 1: And is that immediately obvious? Though?
Speaker 2: Well, I thought, to be honest, I've took it a little bit too literly, and I was like, oh my god, why are you telling a filthy story that involves an animal. I don't think that's appropriate for a wedding. But no, I don't think Nana would have got that one.
Speaker 1: Nan would not have got that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just have friends who have that particular vibrator heard them talk about it.
Speaker 2: So I feel like it's the gold standard vibrators for I.
Speaker 1: Think it is. Yeah, yeah, but it's so safe. You think I'm okay.
Speaker 2: I think I think you're okay.
Speaker 1: And now I've just told it on the podcast. You've definitely doubled down.
Speaker 3: If you're going to do it once, you might as well do it to us.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, we haven't talked about the fact that we did our competition last week. Oh yeah, competition. So we did our competition, Troy or false and we got a winner. It was so nice to see all the people reacting. I realized a flaw in the plan was when you ask someone to comment the answer, people just copied the piston above.
Speaker 1: Them totally, except you kind of still need to double chick right.
Speaker 2: Because you need to give it a bit quick Google.
Speaker 1: You don't want you you don't want to know that. You don't want to just blindly follow someone if the answer is wrong, because.
Speaker 3: He could have the answer wrong. We just don't know that.
Speaker 2: Is that is very true? Very true? Or congratulations to Haley Haley the winner.
Speaker 3: Yes, that was just a random name.
Speaker 1: I was. I was like, you've just given away the punchline of the bloody let's putting like that didn't happen. Halet's literally announced the winner. Absolutely, I can't wait to hear who it is.
Speaker 2: Drug congratulations to Hailey Manson. The lie was that he's not a virgo because he's a Gemini, of course, and everyone that came into it was like, I know this was not right, and because it's very much a.
Speaker 1: Gemini, he's absolutely a Gemini.
Speaker 3: I don't know what a Gemini is.
Speaker 2: I mean, i'd be I'm it's just trusting the people to be for I could do it too well. But Hayley, you have won two tickets to go along side Troy savan on the second of decend Bets bik Arena, think so good friends at Life Nation. Incredibly exciting, incredible, But wait, there's more, No, there's not.
Speaker 1: We'll go another one.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, we're having another game.
Speaker 2: We're having another game of Troy or Files.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 2: I've got three facts. One of them is files into them a tro so have you got the dock up? Boys?
Speaker 1: Got the dock up?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, all right, let's go. Let's go one, three, three pockets. You can start? What is that first fact.
Speaker 1: Our first fact is that Troy was born in Australia.
Speaker 3: Cam Number two, our second fact is he used to date actor slash director Jacob Bixon. Men is that ho who he says his name?
Speaker 2: I think so? You think that works? And number three he's been in a movie with Hugh Jackman. Okay, so one of these is not true.
Speaker 1: So if you would like to win tickets to see Troy Sevonn in December when he plays in Auckland, all you've got to do is he to our Instagram page out the gate g A y t E and put a comment below. We're still going with the comment. Put the comment below, well, I think why break a winning absolutely so put a comic below with which fact you think is the lot lie which is false? And we'll pick another one in next week.
Speaker 2: And make sure you're following us. I did do a sneak. I did do a check to make sure that Hailey was following us, and she was so thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Good to hear, Good to hear, Haley. Yeah, well that's a good reminder that you can follow us on Instagram and we also have, of course the infamous Facebook page.
Speaker 2: We have a face, we have a group of group. Yeah, but it's fun in there. I love it. Yeah, people, it's really awesome. We get to see what the gates are up to. Everyone's to share a nicely meme. Cluck Chairs of the world also a great place to be sharing photos of your bedroom chairs one of our other big favorite things. So yeah, that is just out the Gates. Yeah, way to eat on Facebook as well.
Speaker 1: I did love the post. I did love the post from Katrina who was who was cleaning her house with her baby in the front pack while listening to Out the Gate, and I commented, and I just said, it is so funny, like such a funny reminder to me that you can be doing something really innocuous like vacuuming with your child in the front pack while the boys talk about like roomming or whatever. You know, it probably would have been No, it would have been it might have been no nut November.
Speaker 2: And tell you what, if she had listened to that device, you might not be in the in the situation. Sorry, I'm sure that there was very well planned.
Speaker 1: Can you've got a busy night tonight?
Speaker 3: Do you have a busy night tonight?
Speaker 2: I must say you are looking very chic.
Speaker 3: Thank you, well, the artist that I'm going to see message me on Instagram this afternoon. So it's like, oh sorry, And so I was like, oh, maybe I'll put a nice shirt on just in case, like get to say hi at some point, but I'm going to see Fletcher.
Speaker 2: Now. I've heard lots about Fletcher. I don't know if I could pick a song, but I feel like, if you're in the know, she's quite the fact.
Speaker 3: She is super cool. She played Miley Cyrus' New Year's Eve party last year and it was quite chaotic, like there was definitely some sexual tension between the two of them.
Speaker 1: So Fletcher is Fletcher in the family because she is very much a gay icon. Yes, specifically for the women. She is a lesbian, so she is so many of my queer female friends are obsessed with Fletcher.
Speaker 3: Coming from a homosexual male. She is ridiculously good looking.
Speaker 1: She is beautiful.
Speaker 3: This has this real cool energy.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, I can say yeah, I would, I would.
Speaker 1: I mean, I wouldn't know what to do, but I'd give them a be shot.
Speaker 2: Oh neither might she yea.
Speaker 1: So hang on, do you have you met?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: She came to New Zealand. It was either last year or maybe the year before that, and I interviewed her when I was working in radio and hosted like a Q and A session and then I ridiculously got a little bit too happy on the bit of Raginos at her concert and.
Speaker 2: The best of us.
Speaker 3: And then the next day I was posting all these videos like super hungover in bed singing along to her songs. I don't think I tagged her in any of those videos, but I had tagged her in the videos from the concert the night before, and so she must have just been flicking through my Instagram story came across these videos. I'm literally in my underwear wearing like ridiculously ugly sunglasses in beds singing along to her songs, and she was like, why did you not tag me in these ones? This is like the funniest content I've ever seen.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Right, and then she followed me, and then we've always just kind of like messaged back and forth from time to time.
Speaker 1: That's huge.
Speaker 3: She's so cool. I'm just obsessed with her.
Speaker 2: It's so exciting, and she's not the only kind of queer icon that's down these parts. We talked the other week about you obviously proposing marriage to your boyfriend and Klie no concert in January.
Speaker 3: This is happening. You better get the ring.
Speaker 2: See if you do that, I'm gonna get in well trouble because I went at home. It's just like, hurry the fuck. How else you've got what? I was he with Troy.
Speaker 1: Troy Savanna's coming as well. Charlie Yeks is going to be at lane Way next year. It's a big, big time for some queer artists or queer like ally artists as well.
Speaker 3: I should say yeah. And the other thing about Kylie Minogue show is it kind of like tease up in time with mighty grunts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, watch out, watch out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Sydney is going to be local hot cocoa.
Speaker 2: Heaven you or you come out in a bodybag. But it's a lot of fun. Yeah, yeah, it's a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: Out the Gate.
Speaker 3: Family Excursion.
Speaker 2: Like I let that you're in such out the Gate fash you just set it out. It's almost right to say. It was like, oh no, it's never happening, So I just want to finish the looking to be fun.
Speaker 1: I heard the words coming out of my mouth. Put it on the dot. But in the dark it won't happen.
Speaker 2: But didn't we get to Mardigo or field Days first.
Speaker 1: I feel like the enthusiasm like, oh man, that's hard because field Days is probably easier for us to get to now.
Speaker 2: Long enough times, someone eventually who listened to this all know somebody at field Days and we're like, oh, fox sake.
Speaker 1: We've been talking about going to field Days as like a show excursion for a very long time.
Speaker 3: I swear it's field Days. They've got this dude that takes like ten minutes halle cup to flights. Surely they could just send the helicopters to come and pick you up.
Speaker 2: I if we can go to Field Days in a helicopter, that were the most boosie home sexual way they were.
Speaker 1: Doing it wouldn't to be fair. That's kind of the only way we could do field Days.
Speaker 2: Only private.
Speaker 1: But so I feel like field Days is like a more achievable goal for us. But man, Mardi Gras sounds fun.
Speaker 2: It'll be so much fun. I went a few years ago. I got to see Sam Smith, Kesha and julieper But the cool thing about Mardi Gras is that they're a big party. They have they have always amazing artists perform, but because there's lots of them and everyone's just dance away, they just get up and do like three of their best and fuck off again. So it's not like no one's sitting around it being like, ah, I'm going to play by new new song that you're like, They're like nah. They just get into it.
Speaker 3: It's given the anthems.
Speaker 1: Hey, we are very close to finishing this podcast, but really quickly, should we talk about Shan Mendez or do we want to save this for next.
Speaker 2: Well, I think we should talk about it because I feel like Cam's going to have a good hot taker, probably more than I would.
Speaker 1: So let's just we'll do a quick version of it and maybe we can even bring it up again next week if we need to. So.
Speaker 2: So long time gainers will know that we talk a lot about Short Mendez and well, this is not true. We've talked about the fact that Short Mendez has just been baited by society about the fact that he is, you know, must be a queer man, and he has been very clear about the fact that it's also nobody's business part himself. But he has come out with a new song where he has tackled those gay rumors.
Speaker 3: It's quite interesting, and I feel like it's quite unfair on him, like people have been saying these things about him from a super young age.
Speaker 1: Totally.
Speaker 3: I can relate to that because personally, when I was at school, a whole bunch of people were calling me gay before I even knew what.
Speaker 1: Same gay same.
Speaker 3: So I'm like that in itself can be quite damaging. So I'm like, let the guy bloody live. But he's basically released a new song. It's called The Mountain, and he wrote it from the perspective of him kind of responding to all of these moments throughout time where people have commented on his identity, him as a person, and just like things that he should or shouldn't be doing. There's actually a really cool video if you want to search it up online. He's doing like an acoustic set and he basically is just like I wrote this one. I'd had a few mushrooms and this is what I wanted to write this song about. Like he was super open about it, and so the lyrics in the song don't necessarily confirm or deny his sexuality, but it's basically just him saying, like, you know, whether you're talking about me liking boys or girls? Why is it your business anyway?
Speaker 1: Which is totally fair enough and kind of all he needs to say on the matter. And now I feel like everyone should just let him be. Yeah, And if he wants to talk about it, he'll talk about it, and if he doesn't, he doesn't, And it's really no one's business either way.
Speaker 3: And when you think about a lot of people who are in bands like this who don't come out for an extended period of time, and one that springs to mind right now, Ricky Martin.
Speaker 1: Ye Ah, yeah, she bangs, she bangs. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And he was a very public figure for a very long time before he ever felt comfortable enough to come out.
Speaker 1: There were so many rumors, people talk spoke about him and his sexuality so cruelly for such a long time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And it's kind of the same, yes.
Speaker 1: And it's funny because we've moved on in so many ways, like we've moved forward in so many ways, and here we are still like speculating on someone's sexuality.
Speaker 3: I think it comes from the fact that when someone is as famous as Suw Mendez as you kind of expect to know every part of their lives. And then if there is this element of them that you don't know about. People think that they have the right to that information, to they know everything else. Yeah, when in actuality it's like sorry, bruh, but he doesn't want to.
Speaker 1: Share it totally.
Speaker 3: And who knows, maybe it's not even because.
Speaker 2: He did take I think there's a little slight element about where people are kind of like I wish he could be.
Speaker 1: Hopeful wishful thinking. Anyway, Well, see Kim Well said, I'm glad we got to weigh on that with you this week. Yes, definitely, and thank you for coming back.
Speaker 3: Thanks so much for having me have had it flis great pleasure.
Speaker 1: I hope you get pulled up on stage or backstage or something, so.
Speaker 3: I'll give you the full report if they do. But at least they won't happen.
Speaker 2: You don't know if you're in the DMS, I can see, is it her?
Speaker 1: Brad will be back with us next week in studio too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think he's back permanently.
Speaker 1: We'll see my permanently now, but yeah, he'll be away gallivanting away somewhere at some point. But yes, the three of us should be back in studio next week. But Cam, it's been so such a pleasure. Thank you, Thank you for coming.
Speaker 2: Back hanging out with you, and you can come back any time next year when we get the real download about how proposing in front of all of us.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 1: Anyway, thank you for being with us and we will see you a guine next week. Bye bye mm hm