Speaker 1: Right live from the Export Beer Garden studio and brought to you, as always by expert Ultra the beer for here. This is the Agenda Podcast for Wednesday, the thirtieth of October.
Speaker 2: The Agenda Podcast, the home of Sporting Nonsense and clap Trap, brought to you by Next Sport a Culture, and.
Speaker 1: We're running the three Way today. Mike Lane in the traditional costume of a Travis Scott concert cheese cutter, and we're wearing that in the mosh pit gone Sicko mode later on tonight and in full Dodgers regalia. Man Heath, Yeah, great to be here. Thanks having me just right at the top. I want to clear something up. We are going to clear out the end of this podcast for you to get your Dodgers takes off. That's goods. People not to stop listening. You can skip ahead. We'll put the time stamp in the We'll put the time stamp in the description. So if you want to turn out to that, which I don't know where you would you, you can skip ahead to that. But he what has been firing up the z B listeners this week? Wow?
Speaker 3: I know we've ring Fence Dodge chat, but yesterday I turned the last hour and a half of the show into just pure Dodger's chat, right because you can't. I thought about it, and then I thought he could stop me. You can't really stop me. Are you going to storm the studio? Also, there was a fire alarm that went off, so there was no one, no one about.
Speaker 4: Well isn't that what zib is all about? That you can just say whatever you want andever you want, so who wit for anything?
Speaker 1: There's no repercussions. Well, we did have a guy come in and try and assault Hosking, but he was just at the reception. He was just lurking. He took umbrage to something Hosking and said, Yeah.
Speaker 3: It's funny when you come in there's the security gets really tight up there. Yeah, you've got to you've got to swope through a couple of doors to get up there. But down in Haddaki like just basically canon for it.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, we've been.
Speaker 4: When I was at Haidaki, we had a couple of real hundies come to the door. One of them came to defend the honor of Angelina, who he thought had been slighted, and he drove all the way over from Tod on and he was at the door and we just opened the door slightly and he wanted to come in and kind of make amends for what he thought was a some sort of slight anyway, Yeah, he was a hundi. We once had to call the police on that one.
Speaker 1: Well, he said, I'd hate to have to lay a formal complaint, will it please? Could you? Because then that goes to a legal team. We don't have to deal with it. But what we don't want is you with your foot in the door.
Speaker 3: Well, with this protest is banging on the window of the big show, and they're like, so far from the cutting the cold face of the issues that you're worried about.
Speaker 1: To free Palestine. Yeah, then I got into a confrontation out in front of them here with them because some guy wouldn't get out of my waist so I could leave the thing. I got about six beers in my belly by the stage. So I tell him to get fucked. Now that's the whole thing. Are they videoed you? Didn't they videoed me?
Speaker 3: They're like, mate, I'm just trying to get drunk at work.
Speaker 1: So I told you I was. So I told him to get fucked. Then I got in the car and Missus was waiting to pick me up. She's on her phone scrolling Instagram, and I was like, go not as the best one had to be. Jeremy Wells is like Mike.
Speaker 4: When he it was about Prince Harry coming into New Zealand about Mary's with colds and stuff, and people thought it was actually hosking and they were looking to storm the building.
Speaker 3: Were and the best to try, and that he as a hard sell on social media. They all believe it's a real hard salary. He was coming from the eady media lunch school. Everyone gets what you're talking about. Yeah, you're saying one thing, but it's the opposite to highlight issue. People go yes, no, he said the words.
Speaker 1: I'm taking the out of the people that do say that. There's a level of nuance to this. Yeah, but you're right. It's gone on social media. One hundred percent gone on social media.
Speaker 3: And those big windows around Radiohodech, you mean whatever, the hero Prince whatever said you still you.
Speaker 1: Guys take it in the face.
Speaker 4: When the protests all bought those little paint market pins and they were riding all over the studio windows, Yeah, that was quite funny.
Speaker 1: So Jason Hoo's too dumb to know. He doesn't even know. He's never turned his computer on. He's still protesting the boar war.
Speaker 3: He's got no, he's not going to help you, and he can't read forwards, let alone backwards.
Speaker 1: So if you're riding on the bloody thing, there is no chance. Yeah. They come in there and they were like, do you where's the editor of the New Zealand here. I was like, oh, it's just in there is having a beer, give us whatever. Like they had this big pamphlet. I was like, checking errol, I'll take it a bit. And then I was like, oh yeah, Mary, No, it's still not enough. It's like, oh, well, fucking you go over there there, you know, don't come and wound me like you said, I'm just trying to have a beer on a front day. I can't. I can't fix it.
Speaker 4: Just some general kind of admin. He's been using the studio because that's pop sock on my microphone.
Speaker 1: Has been used as a pop sock. It's reeks of halatosis, well is it? Because it's the middle microphone stand, so it's not the one that we usually so that because normally.
Speaker 3: Like if it's a urinal situation, the middle one gets used the least doesn't.
Speaker 1: What happens when there's only two of us? So someone that's coming here three abreast? Yeah, which reeks of the Big Show? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, so the Big Show keys. He's got good, beautiful minty breath.
Speaker 1: On the mintce. Well, it's either Hoy or Monogue. Smells really good.
Speaker 3: I haven't actually had a good get up close with Hody for a while. Prickly little man, Oh my god, it's stained, But for some reason I think that's does wear lipstick.
Speaker 1: Can you ever smell that? Oh god, I can't even watch that. That is for a second sniff. I can't even watch you sniff at that? So disgusting. I don't know if anyone is ever if you've ever sniffed a microphone. First of all, don't never sniff a microphone. But they are the worst smelling fucking things of all time. Yesterday I had a here sticking out of the pop sock that was just tickling my nose. I had no idea what it was, but the whole time someone's here, probably mine, sticking directly out of the microphone and just tickling my nose. Heres do you remember that band eight Foot Sativa.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, they once supported us on a tour and I grabbed the mic because I was singing the mic next and I sung in and then breathed, and then just heaps of like spittle and liquid came out of the mic because you know, like metal, you're giving it a hundi on the vokes. And so enough flim was in the mic that I just went two days.
Speaker 1: Gross? What's that gross about?
Speaker 3: Like other people's and yet well kiss a woman?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh yeah, well do that. But yeah, look, I mean people people do more than that. And there's that great line.
Speaker 4: You know, people refuse to eat the brown part of a banana, but they'll go down on each.
Speaker 1: Other, I think. But I think the juices with the squeeze. It's not like just leaking a microphone that ain't worth it.
Speaker 3: So when he was way off, there's any bit of food, someone goes, do you think this is all right?
Speaker 1: I mean, come on, we know what you get up to. Yeah, yeah, yes, But if they were then offering you, then you'd probably just about any part of the banana you neat the skin.
Speaker 4: So the chance of getting off with banana, yeah, if you hate the barn.
Speaker 1: But then the increase your chances getting off again.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, I means can't do much for you but feed you.
Speaker 1: No, that's right, she could stick one up your ass. Well, I've seen the video of you doing that too. Unfortunately, there is a frozen banana. Unfortunately it is.
Speaker 4: Featured in our book The Almanac, and my kids were rifling and it's pretty much their favorite page. When everyone comes around, they flick to the back and they show a picture of you with a frozen candy popping candy covered frozen banana. We need my pants down and you trying to insert it into my backside.
Speaker 1: We've been doing the glass were you? Why do you look so happy there? We seen you. Oh that's a great point. Actually, we've got a bit of audio play, but just before we do that reminds me of I we recorded Game two has yesterday and Ross Taylor's on our team for the last time. I thought Ross Taylor hates the acc and then he hates his nickname, and so I talked to him about it and he goes, I don't hate it. It's just really hard to explain to my daughter why my nickname is sir lingis well it's pretty easy, lingers. It's just a it's just a is it what Latin for tongue tongue?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it's absolutely nothing to do with I don't know other people are going with it.
Speaker 1: It's not it's not sir connor lingers. Is that the cun is not there? No, it's just the lingus and and and he would admit every century he scored, he stuck the lingers out, stuck the lingers.
Speaker 3: I mean we could have called him tongue man, Yeah, sir, tongue tongue a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, would actually if you discussed the text I sent to you two guys about the Doggies about Santa's Little Helper. Yes, we discussed it. Let's discuss it again. Yeah, so you reckon Santana's Little Helper should be upgraded to Santa The clause, well, I think, just well, Father christ Father, Father Christmas, because I think it'd be really funny. You've got to think of how funny it is when someone's when yeah, when someone's making the.
Speaker 4: Call in Father Christmas into darts one and that's one into Stokes and stokes the pants.
Speaker 1: Christmas to the gave engine upgrade from Santa's Little Helper to Father Christmas pretty good. Yeah, not the stud Saint Nick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just reckon a straight Father Christmas is good.
Speaker 1: Where did you land? Yeah? Yeah, I think when we're the Santa Claus or Father Christmas.
Speaker 3: Reckon Father Christmas's most for Father Christmas.
Speaker 1: It's a step and then you Yeah, it's a big step.
Speaker 4: So it's Mitchell Saturner, formerly known as Santa's Little Helper. Now Father Christmas comes in the ball. Yeah, rolls off the tongue.
Speaker 1: It's funny to me. Yeah, yeah, that's brilliant. And Christmas Arise failor Christmas. I've got a little bit of admin that I want to run past you guys around promote promotion of the book, and around an era that I may or may not have made or someone's made an era. I'll play it for you after this break. I hope the listeners out there that we're listening to the podcast enjoyed that ad. For those of you playing at home, the ads are digitally inserted, so it's random, well not random, but every time you listen to the podcast, the ad you get will be different to the ads other people get programmatically inserted. Give me profile basically, Yeah, So you might get a different ad than your mum might get if she us in the same podcast.
Speaker 3: So if you get an AD, you can sometimes feel insulted by those ads. If you, if you, if, when you stake any retirement village ads constant.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the diamonds on Richmond are just that's a h in the core of the earth. They've done the math, They've worked out how long you've been with your lovely party, have gone through and screen sen your holidays together, oblutterating that following minute, the algorithm's got you, buddy, Yeah it is. But anyway, so we do ad reads for that. Not everyone hears them. But yesterday Mike Minogue was listening to the podcast and he got served this ad commentary collective Almanac as fuck me the glory of the test Champ whether you knew, whether whether you're an a SEC fan or new to the man, this book is an insight to it all the glory. Oh my god, that's a good that's a good ad. I know that's an accident. I know that's a cock up.
Speaker 3: But if you had planned that as a planned cockup sort of felt like a cock up, that would be pure genius.
Speaker 1: It's also very apt about to go on with the book. I've never wanted to buy that book more. And in my defense, I was saying, well, I'm actually grateful that it was me that was doing that, because the big show guys hauled me in there to talk about it. As Minogue said, it's like, if that was Jason, it could have been racial slurs, you know, they could have been all sorts in there. But as it stood, it was just like, oh boy, that's good. That's good stuff. And Monoga was saying, well, I was listening and you didn't.
Speaker 3: Raise it with anyone, and hopefully that's still going. Nah, No, it has been well, they couldn't find it.
Speaker 1: So I was out yesterday and when I came back into the office there was a much to do going on. Said the hell. Ella was just about in tears because she had let that one slip through. She was just like, oh my god, I'm so sorry. I was like, I don't care. You come across great in it. Can I just say that has potentially been running for three weeks because they started three weeks ago and it just happened to be served to Minogue. People are having served those ads for a long time.
Speaker 3: So is that one only on the Agenda podcast. They'd be on Hedachy podcasts as well. Yeah, yeah, it's the best marketing campaign. You need to go for a marketing award for that.
Speaker 1: Well after books out, then yeah, well that reprinted some more.
Speaker 3: Well what do you now start claiming that you were pretending to fuck it up and that we pretended that it got through and then if it's purposeful then you can win award.
Speaker 1: We'll just reverse engineering.
Speaker 3: Yeah, reverse engineerist. Let's changed the narrative to that's brilliant from mania. What he did was he constructed this and he got it past the iHeart people.
Speaker 1: It's brilliant to make it sound because acting on it is phenomenal. We near the start again, please, so sort of commentary collective almanac as fuck me the glory of the test champ. Fuck whether you're knew, whether whether you're an ACC fan or new to the madness, this is an insight to it all from the glory. So you get two words in before you gave your first fuck up. Well yeah three book to three two three round that out.
Speaker 4: Well, it could be it could be a master's because I think one of the book sales come out this week.
Speaker 3: I think from launch, so it goes to if it comes out at number one, yeah, then it's then it's genius, and then that's been reverse.
Speaker 1: Engineered back from the number one. I mean, if it's not in one, we probably won't do anything.
Speaker 3: No, but we write the full report on how we came up with the idea and how mania was cut through. Initially reluctant, but then we sold them on how great the idea was. It took me a few takes to get it and it's fully innovative.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what, because there was an ad going around on the radio that was dead air for like five seconds and it gets your attention every single time. Hang on, what's here? Well, famously, Paddy Power used to do the on field signage during the Irish rugby test matches upside down, So all of this throngs, fucking muppets, I've got them upside down, but I did it on purpose and upside.
Speaker 3: So that's that's clever, as is this brilliant profanity field.
Speaker 1: Accidental podcast. Accidental podcast air. There's either a couple of things here.
Speaker 4: Either people don't care or people aren't listening in terms of bad ad, because it's been running for a while.
Speaker 1: The thing is, if you're listening to this podcast that, in comparison to some of the other ship that we talk about.
Speaker 3: Why can't because you know you were talking about basically me putting a banana on your butt. Yeah, it's true, So why could you not do that in an ad if you can do it in the main bit, that's right.
Speaker 1: It's very true because it's the other way.
Speaker 3: And at one point in the book, MaTx puts a frozen banana and in my butt and Mike's butt, Gelan's butt and test Championship and.
Speaker 1: To get popping candy. And have you guys seen the Dwayne Wade statue. I've got a picture. It is so funny.
Speaker 3: There are so many great memes like frozen and carbonite meme. Have you've seen that solid luck when when he first sees it, it can't mean the first time he saw it though, with all the smoke and then it opened up.
Speaker 1: I think it was because he looks. He takes a long, hard look at it, and he goes, who the hell's that guy? That's what's in this photo. He's pointing to get it and he's going, who the hell's that guy? But he has to like because you're being on it, so you can't like shit on it.
Speaker 4: It's and there's some great footage of people in the crowd as well, all kind of giggling and laughing.
Speaker 1: And what is it with bad? When do we lose as a as a people? When do we lose the ability to make statues? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Because but we're not just we're not growing Michelangelo's anymore. We don't have people that devote their entire life to being incredible statue makers.
Speaker 1: Surely though, they just take a mold. He goes in and they take a mold of his.
Speaker 3: Face, and you're saying, in that case the mold was too hot, screaming and agony.
Speaker 4: Well, I think I've just had a horne at it, rather than taking an exact mold.
Speaker 1: They've had a horn. But like the Michael Jordan one looks good. There are good statues out there. There's that You're right. Even on the PlayStation game, you can scan your face. I do it every year when I buy the game. It makes my missus puke. Scan your face and it goes into the game. Now I'm playing with Lebron statue maker in New Zealand. The Michael Jones statue at Eden Park.
Speaker 4: Oh, fantastics, and it's like there was that famous one of Ronaldo, remember that one?
Speaker 3: And he looked like that one of the Yeah, so do you just finish if you're a statue maker? And you go, oh shit, because I mean, you can't start again. You've just gone and gone, and you've spent however long it makes a statue, and then and it's just getting worse and worse, and you're chipping away and going, oh shit, that's not better.
Speaker 1: I fucked it.
Speaker 3: Oh no, and then you go, oh god. And then the night before the reveal, you're like, oh, I've fucked this up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what do you do? What do you do if you've commissioned it? And you said, you're like, because you're probably getting paid. I don't know. I imagine a statue would one hundred grand or something? Oh at least wouldn't they surely? I mean, these players get paid twenty thirty forty million dollars a year to play.
Speaker 3: So is it better to have a ridiculous statue because we wouldn't have even seen the statue of it hadn't been like it got more play than a normal statue gets.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but yeah, I mean, if you're going to be asked this question and now twenty two and two, if you were going to get a statue out of yourself, mad Heath, what would you be doing in it and where would you put it?
Speaker 3: It will be me putting that frozen banana up your butt.
Speaker 1: I'm not you see what at statue do I want of me? I want me doing that to you next to Sir Michael Jones, next to the iceman who's scoring that famous one hand. Try as me bent over beige pants A found my ankles with you? Were they popping candy covered?
Speaker 3: Jimmy Wells has repeatedly said this is the happiest he's ever seen us.
Speaker 1: And so if I want to be remembered, I want to remember doing what I love. Yeah, out doing what you love? Lane, I think you need to get out of here there, I do.
Speaker 4: I've speaking of sproaking the book. I've got to go and see johonavan Bin and spoke the book. But you'll leave you guys, guys to it to talk some Dodgers. Yeah, series, I'm trying to get into baseball, maybe please. I'm watching the doc I on the Curse of the Bambinobino the Red Sox come back in two thousand and four.
Speaker 3: I tell you what, loving how like you know, the Red Sox are all in on the Dodgers fans, because the Red Sox fans will go to any game and chant, chant Yankee suck. They'll be playing the Anaheim Angels. La Angels is out now, and the whole the Red Sox hands will just be changed.
Speaker 1: Yankee suck. All right, let's take a break here. Lane's gonna go and spreak the book a little bit more and we'll come back and clear out call an Iso play for a bit of Dodger's chat with Heath. All right, Hey, I haven't been following this at all. In fact, this is my weekly update as to how the World Series is going.
Speaker 3: So where are we at. What's the game scored? Well, it's currently three nil to the Dodgers. Game one, Freddy Freeman did something that's never happened in a World Series ever before in all the history of the World Series. He had a walk off Grand Slam.
Speaker 1: So what so that's bases loaded, bases loaded, smash it into the crowd, so you get four.
Speaker 3: But that's a match winner, right, But yeah, but because it was an extra inning, so it was in the tenth innings, so he gets to walk off and he wins.
Speaker 1: And how hot hailed the bat.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 3: It's one of the greatest moments in sport ever. People can't believe it happened. The crowd at Dodger Stadium went more insane than any crowd ever. And then he hits homers in the second game and the third game, and he's now Freddy Freeman that they got for a mere four hundred and fifty million dollars steal from the Braves. He has now homered in five consecutive World Series games between two teams because he did it in his last two with the Brave won the World Series.
Speaker 1: So Freddy Freeman walks out onto the baseball field, he hits a home run.
Speaker 3: Do you know the thing is they walked Mookie Betts as well for the Grand Slam to get to Freddy Freeman because they're like, we don't want to face They've gone through show Hay or Tanni. They didn't want to face, so they didn't want to face Mooki who came enough to show hey, and so they walked. So can you imagine walking on god walking Mookie Bits to get to Freddie Freeman, who is on a home run streak.
Speaker 1: Yeah, phenomenally, he's got he's got a bunk foot. So they were so they walked. They walked, show show as well or no show he got on, okay, and then they will walked. Oh yeah, but they only needed to score one run right to win if it was the tenth or no, Yeah, they need to.
Speaker 3: Get ahead by one run because you know, if you're the home side, if you go ahead after the ninth and the ninth or after you win, then you win.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, So they didn't even need all that. They didn't need. They didn't need four.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: But the greatest moment possible in sport I believe would be a walk off Grand Slam to win the World Series.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So if it was Game seven and your team was down by three, yeah, and you yeah, and you won the World Series with it.
Speaker 1: So we're now three nail to your Dodgers. I presume. Yep, they're playing in New York today.
Speaker 3: The Yankees are broken, So game four today, Yeah, game four today, So the Dodgers could a clean sweep today. I don't think that will because baseball doesn't really work like that.
Speaker 1: You can't. You can't.
Speaker 3: You can't win that many games in a row before something happens. And baseball fans will find this interesting. But it's going to have to be kind of a bullpen game for the Dodgers today because Dodgers have only got three starting pitchers because they've had so many injury injuries throughout the years, whereas you'd you'd want five, And so the bullpen is all the relievers. They're all the people that aren't starting pictures. So there's going to be dudes who haven't played bugger or that now have to oh that they play a lot, but they only either do a innings or a little bit here and there because there's like a left hand or something they'll bring in, you know. So basically baseball, the starting pitcher will normally pitch used to be seven innings, but it's getting less than there. So the starting picture, who's the superstar comes in and pictures six innings, say yeah, and then and then you bring a variety of pictures to bring it home. Then you bring in your part time spinners.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, basically, and and you bring in these dudes and then that's where you have that like a side arm dude who throws it from the bootlacers. Yeah, because I work out that there. Guy's really hard to hurt for this guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And so they bringing all these dudes with weird little skills and they're brilliant, but they're only brilliant over a certain amount of pictures. Maybe they're brilliant over fourteen pitchures and not one hundred pictures, like a starting pitch and work throw. And because the Dodgers don't have four starting pitchers, they basically have to in a bullpen game today. So I think it'd be Walker Bullah who pitched yesterday, but he pitched so well, he pitched deep anyways, getting in the weeds here, but I can imagine the Yankees pulling one back today.
Speaker 1: I always say about the NBA, if one team's facing elimination and the other isn't been on the team facing elimination, yeah, because you can't fake that kind of desperation. Yeah, you can't.
Speaker 3: No one wants to get swept. Yeah, although I think in baseball this kind of a thing, and it's kind of like cricket. If you're batting and you're trying really hard, you often go out, you know, what I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what India did in their second innings. Yeah, a huge product, slogger.
Speaker 3: You've got to play your natural game and you can't go I'm gonna win the World's there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 3: It doesn't quite work like that. You gotta you're early on the ball. You're gonna you're gonna dance with who you came with. Yeah, yeah, exactly. And that's why you have all those baseball players that are amazing in the regular season and then just horrific in the postseason because they've never had that kind of pressure.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Same in the NBA. Yeah, because they'll play They'll play a team because I know they play the same amount of games. They'll play a team who's coming off a back to back or this is their fourth game that week or something, and they're like, well, I don't know, fun whatever, Yeah, we'll just play you guys. But then when it's the finals and it's like, Okay, we've had a whole week to prepare. We know you're going to do this. Yeah, yeah, we know. You know we're going to try this, So you're going to try that. And then all the x'es and o's and the and then they forget out about the ball. Yeah that's right. So game four today, Yeah, one eight New Zealand time. Yeah, fucking great time.
Speaker 3: It's a great it's a great time at miss you do a show between twelve and four like I do on News twoks, he'd be so I was basically check out, check out, don't tell the bosses.
Speaker 1: Don't call. Yeah, I don't know if I'll get away with another hour and a half on baseball on the show today. I think although listeners of this podcast could help you out during that time, they rung in and just get man, I just wanted to, you know, at work, I don't get a chance to have a look at it. Could you talking about truancy stats? And you go, well, I think a lot of key we kids are stay at home to watch the World Series, and if you are, how's that going? Man?
Speaker 3: The world says, oh, well it's interesting, you'd ask, and then boom forty five minutes.
Speaker 1: That's a great point. Yeah, that's a great idea.
Speaker 3: I wonder if there's ever been talk bet hosts that have planted calls because you prove because you know your bos gets are don't when you're talking about that or when you're talking about this, but if you just you know that those guys that are making a hundred million dollars a year in America, those big tools, Yeah, they could just have a bank of people that they paid to sit at home and ring in and fluff their fluff their juices.
Speaker 1: Yeah, then and give them what they want. Yeah, and just tell them to talk about exactly what they want to talk about. When we could do that today, Yeah, we could do that today for me.
Speaker 3: But what you get here on yours please is a bunch of people ring up and say fuck South Canterbury.
Speaker 1: Ah, that thing is just and we're back into a corner. I don't like to talk about it too much because it just flames it again. But yeah, if you did a heart felt can you please not? You might as well pour it gasoline on a barbecue. No, I know, yeah, there's nothing you could do that makes it better or worse. That's just what it is. It is what it is. But it's like when lesbians decided that they didn't mind being called dikes. Did they agree on that though?
Speaker 3: I don't know, but but but you know, there's dikes on bikes and all that kind of stuff, and lesbian's kind of leant into it, whereas it started off as kind of a bit of a I don't know if it was a slur, but it was a bit nasty. But then they owned and owned it, so maybe you own f South Canterbrew. I always take it as a term of endearment. Yeah, you just have to go that's that. That means not fuck South Canibal. Also, way many is the.
Speaker 1: Butt of every South Island joke, and so it is no stranger, Like I'm no stranger to having my hometown or home region taking the pass out of it. It does not affect me and the like, yeah, that's right, that's true. There was about six months and third form when I hated being called a wimo and I was just like then, I was like, you know what, fucking everyone's going to get their ask kick to the high school for something. I might as well be from where I'm from and be proud of it. So if you're yelling fox South Canterbury, I take as a massive to. My dad wrung me the other day after seeing the video from the Auckland diff seat, He's like, did you plant those guys? Do you know them? It was like, no, what the fuck, would I plant myself? Well?
Speaker 3: That was an intercode kind of situation, wasn't it. Yeah, but it's about rugby. Haggard was the Oakland f C again. Crowd was going off.
Speaker 1: Crowd was going off, the pork go hard and actually, well, there's something I was going to talk about tomorrow. Lets talk about now just quickly. So there's an Indian NBL team confirmed for next year. Have you've seen this? So there's a franchise that called the Indian Panthers and they're going to be based out of South Auckland. The team's going to be made up of national players for the Indian basketball team Wow, and then a couple of imports like everyone else's. And they're playing in our domestic NBL, so not the Australian one, the local one, which is yeah. And the idea is there's one point four billion potential new viewers of that, So why wouldn't you bring them in? Is this something that we could do for like rugby? If you brought in the you know, the I don't know mythven Challenges Bangalore and they were playing in Super Rugby, would that potentially bring.
Speaker 3: Well? I was actually talking about this yesterday on my show about how New Zealand sports can compete against the money and the glamour.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how and the glitz of American sport. And maybe that's what you do. You just have you have the Dodgers FC playing it's like Liverpool. Yeah, it's like the letting the rich kid into your yeah, into your team so that their dad can sponsor your uniforms. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean there are billionaires. It just owned franchises. Not that much different than that, is there.
Speaker 1: No, we've been begging for sports washing and New Zealand for a long time, but maybe this is maybe we've gone the wrong way around it.
Speaker 3: That's really cool. Yeah, I like that, but I guess it could get out of hand.
Speaker 1: Well, when it's an entirely Indian competition at that point, or entirely overseas, maybe I can't.
Speaker 3: If you can get an audience, if you can get crowds along and you can and you can run it, then great.
Speaker 1: Well the one that's crying out for it would be a Big Besh Super Smash whatever league. Our one's called Super Smash. I think it is Big Besh Super Smash, Super Smash. Fucking change the names. But if we had the Royal Challenges, you know, Bombay or you know whatever. I'm trying to think of a town in New Zealand that starts to be but I couldn't get there. The christ Church super Kings. Yeah, yeah, you know, but if there was an Indian franchise in our T twenty league, that could only be good for the game. Surely the Super Smash. You's so right. It's a bad name because people go along just to see sex. It's not really how it works. It should just be called the New Zealand T twenty League. Yeah, you know, I don't have a thing hate or something because also the women's one is abbreviated to WBBL. Yeah, which is a woman's Brazilian butt lift, which is where they take all the fat from around your midriff inject it into your ass. Yeah, so that's also proper. So I don't know we're going to change the names. But anyway, I reckon the Indian team could only be good for yeah, bringing on for viewership, all right, enjoy Game four of the World Series of Baseball. Yeah, woman, And I'm actually hoping that it'll get extended. And how many games you see? How did you see ice Cube come out? At the at the first game. Before the first game, No, I heard about this. He shitt he was good, so he got out. So you know, like that's one of the great advantages of you know, hip hop, is you just need to do it with the mic. And he just walked. There's no production.
Speaker 3: He just walked around the mound, went up to the Yankees and just changed lyrics to good day and stuff to just be dissing the ship out of the Yankees because he's a big Dodgers fan ship.
Speaker 1: It was cool.
Speaker 3: They've got fat Mic out in Yankee Stadium and Mike's Mike Mike is who's fat Mike? He's anyway, it doesn't matter. He's another guy.
Speaker 1: He runs a pizza Joe and he sucked.
Speaker 3: But he's not fair anymore. Fetcher, who's fat Mike? I'm gonna remember this. Someone will know who Fat Mike?
Speaker 1: Send us in a voicemail Mike. All right, let's knock this thing on the heap and enjoy the show and game and see you next week. All right, Thanks mate.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to The Accs, a gender podcast brought to you by Export Ultra. For more episodes, like and follow on iHeartRadio. You get your podcast