Speaker 1: Life in the Export Beer Garden studio. This is the ACC sports Book powered but the tab.
Speaker 2: ACC Sports Book thanks to the TB Lane is away at the moment.
Speaker 1: He's away on cow oh Island, which apparently they've got wallabies over there. I don't know if that's why he's gone there, but that is where he is, and he is out of comms at the moment.
Speaker 2: So it's just you and I this morning, Carl. How are you getting on?
Speaker 3: I'm good, mate, I'm good. Well, at what point do we need to start questioning as commitment to this podcast night?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Well, look some already have started questioning it. It is that's he's missed quite a few of them, isn't he. Oh yes, right, yeah, it's the late end of the week. I think I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt at the moment he's been away school holidays.
Speaker 2: He's good enough on his plate. But you're right, one more I.
Speaker 3: Can understand school holidays, so I'll sympathize with him.
Speaker 2: There in the middle of the school holiday punishment as well. Oh yeah, brilliant. Anyway, let's rip straight into it.
Speaker 1: I mean, NRL's over, there's no international rugby going on this weeknd. So I think all attention turns to the pointing end of the NPC now, doesn't it.
Speaker 2: It is the.
Speaker 1: Quarterfinals and there is a great slate of games across the weekend. So what are the punters liking so far?
Speaker 2: At the TV?
Speaker 3: It's a tough, tough old period and sport at the moment it's pretty pretty low low, long handing.
Speaker 1: It's a respite, I would say as someone who works in the sporting media or adjacent to it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just say four games are all pretty good matchups, all very very short favorites though. Yeah, dollar twenty dollar, thirty dollars, forty dollars thirty three. Wellington are hosting Counties at the capton Wellington. Dollar twenty is four to twenty ninety of the head to head money with the home team, and they also get all AB's back Yeah this week including TJ, Billy Proctor, Ruben Love and a Sophone. More so, fifteen hundred dollar bet on Wellington and a dollar twenty seven Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, incremental stuff, isn't it.
Speaker 2: That's a very Awkland bet, Yeah it is.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 3: In terms of both plenty Hawks Bay pretty evenly split in terms of the money there, so punters thinking Hawks Bay are a chance Taranaki wait cut all eighty five percent of the money with Taranaki there had a dollar forty.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Then we had Neil Barnes on the show. Barns obviously the coach of Taranaki. We had him on Tuesday and he.
Speaker 2: He was saying that, I'll so obviously you guys are riding high.
Speaker 1: It must be a pretty cruzy, you know, review of the weekend, and he goes, well, half our team's hung to Berts and we've now got a quarter final to deal with.
Speaker 2: So but I'm with you there.
Speaker 1: I think it's I mean, obviously the odds are Tanhakr dollar forty, but they they've got a stack team and they haven't lost, not a lot of disruption through all backs, which is weirdly, in my mind, a good thing.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I think that's a good, good shout.
Speaker 3: And they get Stephn Pittafetta back as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like I feel like he played on the weekend.
Speaker 2: He was at least in the photos.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a good point.
Speaker 1: Actually, I think he was. I think he was on the bench there for them. But yeah, yeah, you're right.
Speaker 3: Well he was named named in the abs and he's been given back.
Speaker 2: They had him for twenty four hours.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then in the other game, they're probably the big biggest game. The odds wouldn't suggest so, but Tasanman dollar thirty three, Canterbury three ten and say grudge match sixty five percent of the money with the ken tabs in the head ted market, Yeah, plenty of love for the plus plus nine was plus nine and a half. I think it's now eight and a half.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was looking at that too. Anytime you see Canterbury at three teen in the NPC, it's sort of but I mean basically, for the most of my life, I've thought of Canterbury as the breeding ground for the Crusaders.
Speaker 2: But it's actually Tasman, isn't it.
Speaker 3: It is? Realistically, Yeah, times and times have changed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean the Tasman didn't even the Michael didn't even exist when I was a kid, so but now, yeah, I'll.
Speaker 2: Be honest, I did think about it three ten.
Speaker 3: As a as an Otago fan, there's nothing better than seeing Canterbury as an outsider and not at the top of the table.
Speaker 1: What about seeing Otago in the quarterfinals of the NPC.
Speaker 2: That'd probably be better, wouldn't it.
Speaker 3: You know what, they were there, they were there and then they went they did what they had to against a awsold last week and then they they just missed out. So we're building, We're in a building phase.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right, that's right as other Landers. So that's so that's the NPC at the moment.
Speaker 2: NFL.
Speaker 1: We keep keep talking about everyone's loving the NFL at the moment. What I the thing I struggle with is that there's the game on Friday, perfect lunchtime pub game. If you manage to sneak out to the pub for lunch on a Friday, there'll be a game on, which is great. There's then nothing across the weekend and then a massive Monday, which actually is quite tough for us, our time zonner.
Speaker 3: It is. Yeah, it's better now that Daylight Savings is kicked in. I think games start as sex, but like it's yeah, come on, guys, let's space it out a little bit.
Speaker 2: Give me something across the weekend.
Speaker 3: And I think it's probably it's mainly because of the college football, right, like that goes, that's such a big product, and then players over the weekend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, They've got Saturday, don't they? And then yeah, the NFL gets Sunday over there.
Speaker 3: Correct, But you know, think of the global market.
Speaker 1: Guys, think about us, Think about think about the one hundred and fifty blokes in New Zealand who watch it.
Speaker 2: You know you're missing out.
Speaker 3: It's probably maybe a little bit more than that. Like fantasy is flying at the moment, it is. Yeah, I mean just a lot of people that a lot of people playing fantasy. They don't know what they're doing, but it's flying. I count myself among those people.
Speaker 2: Two anyway, two and three.
Speaker 3: Yeah, two and three, I'm three and two. Yeah. Seahawks taking on the forty nine ers San Francisco forty nine ers San fran dollar fifty five favorite Seahawks two dollars fifty ninety percent of the money worth the forty nine ers. Brandon Ouk is the best backed for any touch anytime touchdown score for the forty nine ers. He is paying two dollars eighty Really, yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't mind that he was. He was on my draft board going into the fantasy season.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, also in mine and I had a big, big ish bet on Rock Perdy two hundred and fifty plus passing yards of dollars eighty two, four hundred and ninety two dollars and fifty cents.
Speaker 2: Not bad.
Speaker 3: Sounds like an account mget.
Speaker 2: Does to a degree.
Speaker 1: Yet, Yeah, the passing yards in the NFL. Anytime a mates ever sent me a tip around the NFL, it's always been around passing yards. I don't know enough about it about the NFL, but I don't know. If you do follow it, that seems to be the way to go, didn't it passing yards? Check a touchdown receiver in there and.
Speaker 3: Tell you what. The same game multi product for NFL is one of the best going around that an NRL. Obviously there's no NRL at the moment, but the amount of markets and options and as you say, players are passing yards, receiving yards, rushing yards, all that sort of stuff, like it's you can have a lot of fun and waste a lot of time.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And also it's a game that I mean, like you said, I've only just started getting into it these last couple of years, but it's a game that seems to lend itself to punting as well, because it's so stop start, so you get to keep track of what's going on.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, absolutely, except I find it hard related fantasy. I'm trying to follow follow my bets and trying to follow my players, like where their numbers are they on the field? Are they not? Do I have them in a multi Like there's a lot handling.
Speaker 2: This is me, this is me with NBA.
Speaker 1: I'm on the couch with about six different screens going like right now, I need him to get five more rebounds. But I actually wouldn't mind if you didn't, because then that means I win my fantasy matchup, and then it's all a bit much.
Speaker 2: Then my missus comes home from work. So what is going on in here?
Speaker 3: Just love of the game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've got my hobbies. You get your storry about it.
Speaker 1: What about the America's cut that fires up over the weekend in Earnest There's been all sorts of Louis Vauton dramas going on, but that our boys are in action proper across the weekend, any odds on that already there's.
Speaker 3: A bit of interest, which I was a little bit surprised by. Yeah, eighty percent of the money is on New Zealand to win on the first race or a dollars sixty five Brittannia turns fifteen. There's an even number of bets in the outright for both teams, and that includes bets taken in the Louis Vuitton Cup, where Brittannia opened at thirteen dollars.
Speaker 1: Jesus, well, I suppose they had, yeah, all those other teams to get through first.
Speaker 3: To get through and the biggest bet so far thousand bucks on New Zealand at adult fifty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's where they're sitting at the moment.
Speaker 1: I might actually, to be honest with you, sailing for me, I'm like, I don't really understand why it's one of our national sports.
Speaker 2: I guess because just because we're good at it.
Speaker 1: But I didn't grow up sailing, Like I don't remember going down to a regatta on a Saturday.
Speaker 3: I could not tell you started bow whatever though that now.
Speaker 1: And I even went and watched the America's Cup last night, was here in New Zealand, out on the water, and yeah, it was cool when they were turning around in front of you, I still didn't understand what was going on. The sale GP was a bit easier to watch because you I felt like you could see the whole course. At the same time that was a bit easy to watch. But this is probably a good way just pick a winner race by race each day.
Speaker 3: Follow on you can multi the food. Well it looks like they're racing. Are they're racing? There's two races in one on the same day on Sunday, Yeah, because they're both both available and if you're multi new Land to New Zealand you get two seventy two.
Speaker 2: Great, great patriotic bit easy. Yeah. I like that.
Speaker 1: And obviously the other big thing that's happening across the weekend is the Bathhurst one thousand, and I can imagine that a lot of love is pouring into the TV for Bathurst.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it's a real die hard fans sport yeah type vibe, like a lot of people just come out of the woodwork for their punt every year for Bathorst Melbourne Cup. Yeah, but these these guys are a bit sicker. American number eighty eight, Rock Feenie and Jamie win Cup are the best backed, followed by a car number twenty five, which is Chez Mustard and Lee Holdsworth. But given there's no Van Gisberg in this year, like the last couple of years, everyone's just pile of them. Yeah, there's no no standout this year where yeah, like there has been in previous years. Expect ruffies, a big car Triple eight with Cooper Murray and Craig lownds and Car twenty six Richie stand Away and Dale Wood.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're you're right, even the shortest odds you can get as for Car eighty seven Will Brown Scott Pie and that's four dollars fifty.
Speaker 3: This is remembory last year Vegas, but it was like two dollars fifty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, so this is really really anyone's race.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and a winning margin. Surprisingly, a very popular market with punters. And there's driver multis available.
Speaker 2: Too, brilliant. I know this is a big one on the calendar for a lot of people.
Speaker 1: It's I like all the stuff that pops up around it, you know, the barbecues are going, it's people around at each other's houses for this kind of thing. Like you say, it's it's the Melbourne Cup with motors really and obviously that there's all the stories about people you know about a month ago would have been up there at Mount Panorama bearing this slab of bourbons ready to dig up on the weekend it's.
Speaker 3: The one like car I started watching a little bit more car racing because of drug Survive, more more raand if one, but this was the one race that you could always get behind. Spin it down the couch. You have a couple of beers. I'm kind of gail like the names that have just read out, majority of them were going around ten years ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and like that.
Speaker 1: Just yeah, yeah, you're right, that'll be a good one to like you say, it's all the same dudes that you've heard. Yes, the Gisburg is over in NASCAR, but yeah, no, I'll park up for a little bit of that across the weekend.
Speaker 2: And the other thing that we need.
Speaker 1: To be doing is we've been doing a little bit of homework, cramming for the for the everest. How did we go last week? We tried to pick actually, what do we have? A five horse race?
Speaker 2: We tried to pick the order and there were two scratchings before it jumped. Is that right?
Speaker 3: Well, there's a there was a scratching when we were doing it live that went to four and then another runner got scratched prior to the race, so we went to three. Shock. We didn't win, and we didn't get anywhere close Lane was giving it to Vinnie Colgan. He actually won the race. I think we had ope coming first. He lost. The one you said was going to lose came second. So not a good start. But when you're cramming like you can't expect to, you know, we'll hit the jackpot from the start.
Speaker 1: No, and what are we going to learn if we just nail it straight off the bat? You know what's the where's the growth there? And that's actually why, that's actually why I threw it last week.
Speaker 2: I'll admit it. Yeah, I through the through the exercise last week.
Speaker 3: Smart. Yeah, smart. Just before we get into this week's race, I just quickly for the punters that don't know, I mag a millions competition around the Everest, which is the richest turf race in the world. There's twelve runners and from next week after the barriersra was done midweek, you'll be able to if you go to tab and zedo the app sign up for Megan millions, pick the order of those horses, those twelve horses, how you think they'll finish the race, and if you nail it, you could win ten million dollars. Some guy won it last year. Unbelievable scenes.
Speaker 1: We should try and get him on next week, see if we can track that guy down.
Speaker 3: We could, we could try.
Speaker 1: That'd be probably the best cramming we could do. And then he'll probably tell us he just picked his favorite numbers.
Speaker 3: Do you reckon? We'll get in trouble if we copy as numbers or the teacher know.
Speaker 2: Probably not, nah, I don't think so. And even if we do, ten mills enough to buy a way out of it. So where are we? Where are we going this week for our cramming?
Speaker 3: All right, we'll go. I had to look through all the New Zealand races and there's just too many horses. So we've gone to Australia. I've found an a horse race and it's a good race. It is the Group one Might and Power Steaks also known as the Corfield Steaks, which is a pretty good lead into the Cox plate.
Speaker 2: Right, So.
Speaker 3: I'll read out the run. So we've got mister bright Side's a dollar fifty five favorite, ye Val and Declaire, Kalopo, Adelaide River A Tissue Deny Knowledge, Jenny Larla and Coco's Son. Eight horses. I sent through to you earlier.
Speaker 1: My order I want to go with your order because me and Lane had a crack last week and we duffed it.
Speaker 2: So okay, run us through your order. All right.
Speaker 3: I've got one, mister Brightside, the dollar fifty five favorite into number five a tissue second favorite of five dollars with j Mack on board, and then we've I'll be honest, I've won favorite, second favorite, and then we've kind of just we do a little bit guessing, okay, two six, eight, three, seven, four.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you're basically are you just going off the name, you like the name, or that you're trying to beat the odds makers?
Speaker 3: I get. I've looked at I didn't want to go sure favorite segamabe very far because that's just that never happens. If that happened every day, and then we all make money every week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 3: So I've tried to outsmart the bookies. Number two is val Declare nineteen dollars shot. Last five starts, a fourth, a first, a fifth, and a seventh sorry, last four starts okay, and then yeah, the other ones just kind of as I say, roll the dice.
Speaker 1: It's a lottery ones here into those twenty dollars odds, the thirty one dollar odds.
Speaker 2: Pick them as you will.
Speaker 3: You can't get where's the last week?
Speaker 1: Surely I can't, all right, So we'll keep you posted on that next week.
Speaker 2: See how we get on there. All right, let's take a quick break.
Speaker 1: We've got a lot to get through today, and we'll come back with grab a pen.
Speaker 2: Pause the podcast now and grab a pen for the hottest tips from around the tab Office.
Speaker 1: This is the weekly segment where Carl keeps his end of the ground around the tab Office and lets us know what he has heard from the tipsters.
Speaker 2: Carl, what are you hearing this week?
Speaker 3: This quick look back at last week? I thought we had a shocker last week, but it turned out all right, rock and roll down the harness tip we had that was a shocker. That came sixth. Yep, Mike a bell Winner, Herbert came third. Maybe Dick let us down and came fourth. Yeah, stand a chance. It was not great. Love and Lea came fifth, The Clique Boulevard came second, and Bella Nippertina came third.
Speaker 2: So a little bit of it up and down week.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this week I've got five tips hit me Harness racing race seven the group one Flying Steaks at Addington on Friday, Number three Chase a Dream two forty five and a dollar thirty won all three starts in the autumn and he's nine and fourteen overall. Saturday, Teta Upper Race seven number one, Habana five fifty twenty Alfield Race two number three, I am Velvet four fifty and a dollar seventy five. And then I've got two Eagle Farm Race one number two missing fifteen and a dollar sixteen. And then Race three number one Street Chase at two dollars thirty and a dollar eighteen.
Speaker 2: Okay, I like that.
Speaker 1: We will chuck those up on the old Instagram story for those of you playing at home, and a couple of people have been having an issue with the Instagram story and trying to follow the punts.
Speaker 2: I've said this before.
Speaker 1: If you're on the if you're on the old iPhone and you know how to switch between apps, you know when you swipe up from the bottom to like close an app.
Speaker 2: When you do that, it will hold the story on that screen.
Speaker 1: So you open your taarb account, open the Instagram, find that story, swipe up, go to your taarb account.
Speaker 2: They'll all be there. So you can just copy it across as you go. That's how I do it. Or as I've said before, sometimes my missus will hold her thumb on the Instagram.
Speaker 1: Story so I can place my bets. And that's that's us bringing families together.
Speaker 3: Can we give you two more options?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Please take a screenshot and then I suppose you essentially the same thing as what you're saying. Yeah, swipe up and swap between two. Or take a screenshot and air drop it to the TV.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's powerful.
Speaker 1: All Right, It is time now for my favorite part of the week, and that is stats to impress the ladies.
Speaker 3: Alrighty, we're talking about nflbum before forty nine Er Seahawks mister brock Party. He has thrown two or more tds and four of the forty nine ers last five road games against NFC opponents.
Speaker 2: Yep, what's the NFC national? Is that like an eastsial?
Speaker 3: There's AFC NFC. Those are the two, Like, I don't know what the line the line is sort of yeah, quid Man, Yeah, same game. Deebo Samuel has scored at least one TD and five of his last six appearing appearances against the Seahawks.
Speaker 1: He likes it against Seahawks. I like called Debo one just because he was on the Netflix stock Oh I watched.
Speaker 3: Yes, he's also my fantasy team. Oh figure, you'll like this one. The Jaggs versus the Bears. It's a Monday game. Jaggs have won the first half in each of their last seven games in October.
Speaker 2: Oh and what did they go on to witness? Sorry question without warning.
Speaker 3: But they're not going well at the moment.
Speaker 2: I know that much.
Speaker 1: So they choke in the second half in o Soober. Big Halloween, guys, I think they're too focused on Halloween.
Speaker 3: In the baseball the Padres Dodgers later on today, twelve of the last thirteen road games against the sorry, twelve the last thirteen Dodgers road games against in our West opponents have gone overs. I think the line today is eight runs. The Dodgers have trailed after three innings in each of their last six playoff games. Too many them are little malty. Take the overs over eight runs into the Padres learning after three innings and you get three dolls.
Speaker 2: Ten Okay, yeah, okay, now I understand that.
Speaker 3: Yeah. A couple more tennis related WTA Wuhan Coco Goff versus Marta Koschuk And.
Speaker 2: Sorry, is this in Wuhan? Did you say it is? Yeah? Okay?
Speaker 3: Coco Goff has failed to cover the game handicap and six of their last seven main draw ATP matches against opponents from the Ukraine.
Speaker 1: Specific, very specific? How have we managed to fit Ukraine and Wuhan into the same bet here?
Speaker 3: I'm not sure. ATP Shanghai, the men's Jacob Mensik versus Novak Djokovic. The Joker has won the first set in each of his last eleven ATP madraw matches in Shanghai.
Speaker 2: Okay, Joker likes Shanghai.
Speaker 3: Well, he also likes China in general, because he's won fifty one of his last fifty four matches in China.
Speaker 1: And are they okay with him not being vaccinated coming into in the Wuhan there, I spose seas in Shanghai, isn't.
Speaker 3: He He's in Shanghai?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Different, Oh, that'll be why he's not in Wuhan then, yes.
Speaker 3: Last one, David Goffin versus Taylor Fritz. David Goffin has won the first set in each of his last six completed ATP quarterfinals on a hard Courtay.
Speaker 2: That's it hard.
Speaker 1: If it's hard, Goffin's going to complete. And I've always said that brilliant Thank you very much for us as always highlighted my week the stats to impress the ladies. Well, Lane's obviously not here is cast his vote in of centsia though, But it is now time for the three way.
Speaker 2: Get it in on the three way action with minim Lane and the tab that's right.
Speaker 1: This is where we put a league of a bit on each three way bet, try and put together something that will win you a bit of cash. But also we've got a sidebit going that we've extended to the end of the calendar year now car and that is whoever hits the fewest bets has to carry the bags for a golf round. At the moment, I'm one behind g Lane and last week all three of us missed our bets, so everything remains exactly where it is.
Speaker 2: I think, are you three clear of Lane four or five?
Speaker 3: Three or four or five? Yeah, it doesn't matter at this point.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah you are catchual, you are catchable, but yeah, no changes in the standings. Last week.
Speaker 1: My beloved South Canterbury only just squeaked through forty three thirty eight and the heartland that did not cover the twenty four and a half point head start I tried to give them in hindsight ambitious be hindsight. It's always twenty twenty, isn't it. Despite that, I'd like to go first, and I'd like to go back to the well. South Canterbury take on Mid Canterbury this weekend. This is a grudge match and so it's in the flash new stadium down there in Timuru, and so I would like to give South Canterbury minus fifteen and a half.
Speaker 2: That's at a dollar eighty over Mid Canterbury. So I'm going back to the well.
Speaker 3: Is that like five weeks in a rona? It is five five pods in a rona?
Speaker 1: Yes, And it's caught me right up to Lane. So you're going to dance with who you came with. And that's what's got me here is South Canterbury. So I'm going to ride them into the rocks.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: If they lose this, I am worried that I then become a curse, but I'm sticking with it. Lane has cast his vote in absentia. He has gone motor games he's gone to Bathurst and he has got Heimgartner a top ten finish car eight, Andre Himgartner, Decklin Fraser a dollar ady for a top ten finish, A dollar aidy is the.
Speaker 2: Lowest will allow ourselves to go.
Speaker 1: So since it's gotten tight between men, Lane, the odds have shortened and we're both hovering around that dollar AADI.
Speaker 2: But you've got it almost an insurmountable lead. So where are you going this week?
Speaker 3: I thought I thought Lane hated motor games.
Speaker 2: No that's me.
Speaker 3: I think, Oh, okay, sorry, I'm going to go racing. Stick with the racing Eagle Farm Race one missing at two fifteen.
Speaker 1: Okay, brilliant, all right? We put them all together. That is paying seven dollars and twelve cents. We put one hundred dollar bonus cash on it from the TAIRB we were paying six to twelve and the balance of our TAIRB pot at the moment because by the way, all of these bets we actually do place and when they come off it comes into our account. Once that tips over one thousand dollars, we give it away on social media. So it was at about three grand last week. So we divvied that all up, and right now we're sitting at eight hundred dollars, so if this one comes off, we'll be paying out again on Monday. So that's the three way for this week. Just before we go, we're going to take another quick break and we're going to come back because and I haven't heard these, but we were away for a couple of weeks and I had a lot of people asking me about the sports Book, which is always a good thing. You don't want no one to ask you about it when it's gone. But we've had about four or five voicemails come through. That Joe Jury, who might be the biggest fan of the sports Book, he's like, you've got to play these out on the podcast. So we'll take one more quick break and we'll come back with your feedback. Well, as mentioned, we've got a bunch of voicemails to get through, Carl from people. It's feedback on the Sportsbook. I don't know whether therese are positive or negative. I haven't heard them.
Speaker 3: This is dangerous.
Speaker 2: This is dangerous.
Speaker 1: So let's just hold hands through the zoom link here and we'll get through this together. And the first one goes like.
Speaker 5: This, Okay, let's first full disclosure. This is recorded in the daylight, not the dark. I just want to give a massive shout out to Carl from the TIRP. I'm so glad the sports Book's back. I've constructed a massive personality in our work gamblings and the kid saying that I know everything about ponies when I actually don't, and I just steal Carl's tips which come through on the red So please kick me, hero, please and never stop the sports book brilliant.
Speaker 3: That is outstanding.
Speaker 2: Great thing is they're not actually your tips either.
Speaker 3: A couple of them might be, but that is I'll tell you what that has made my day. Did I shed that in my annual review coming up? Please?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll send this well, we'll send them all through. They may not all be that, they may not all be that glowing. The look on your face before that one plaid like shit and then he's a massive shout out to Carl and.
Speaker 2: It's let you up.
Speaker 1: I'm I kind of want to just knock it on the head after that one now, because what if the reason keep going.
Speaker 2: I've got another one here gone.
Speaker 6: Good afternoon, boys, Andrew from Naps a year just doing a little bit of painting, punting and ponies, and wondered whether we should see if we can get horses to run the same events as the Olympic runners one hundred, two hundred, four hundred, one hundred and fifteen three thousand steeple chase, five k, ten k marathon, but it'll be quality. See how they go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't mind that. I mean, why why.
Speaker 1: I suppose We've been racing horses for thousands of years, so we know what distance is to sit on.
Speaker 2: But are they doing any ten k's or anything ridiculous like that?
Speaker 3: I don't think so. I don't think it's in the best interest of the horse to be running for that long. I don't know this for sure, but I think like a long, long time ago they used to do like massive runs like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sure back in the old Roman days they would have been racing their horses for about ten k's. What I've just become aware of is that we've never I've never seen odds for a steeple chase.
Speaker 3: I know they run, Yeah, they run them all the time. Yeah, a lot during winter here in New Zealand. Okay, so the jumping jump season's kind of done for now. Okay, it's a big Yeah, I've missed the season. I'd love to get onto me. It's my favorite thing because where I grew up was.
Speaker 1: Sort of a bit of a horse racing town, so we'd always be down there watching the races, and the steeple chase is my favorite, and it was always the first horse to lose, their jockey would inevitably win because now they're freed from.
Speaker 2: How in the bloke on the back of it, they just cane it.
Speaker 1: And nothing worse than watching a horse he had money on win without its jockey's heartbreaking.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get to another one.
Speaker 4: Here did the fellows jove Vincent Cogan an apology bagging him out as a ship jockey in the weekend.
Speaker 2: Wins the race three horse race at Toron.
Speaker 4: You gonna even pick the fucking three horses in order, not a work to do before the old erisk picked twelve and all right, AnyWho fuck cracker, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Well it's right. We did talk about that earlier on the podcast.
Speaker 3: Apologies by apologies, could not pack it.
Speaker 2: And then he got caught in the crossfire.
Speaker 6: Now the caller here, fems here, listen, when is the sports coming back?
Speaker 5: I've developed terrible habits, including Dylan myth in Heroin to accommodate my kimbling EBITs.
Speaker 2: And I don't even like myth and Heroin the terrible drugs. Please please please bring the sports Book back HERU. I imagine you're not including that one on your yearly review.
Speaker 3: Maybe the last ten seconds. Please bring the sports Cape the sports Sportsbook podcast back. Yeah. Other than that, I'll stay out of that one.
Speaker 2: I think we've got one more here, last one beautiful. Yeah, you get fellows.
Speaker 7: Hey, what is the biggest multi that has ever come through off the small spit like a you know, like a twenty thousand dollars off a two or three dollar bit or you know.
Speaker 3: What, do you got?
Speaker 7: There's going to be something, some awesome stats out there's.
Speaker 1: GOP's a that's a great idea. I don't expect you to just have that knowledge floating around in your head, but maybe that's something you could ask around see if we could dig it up for next week.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can find I can do my best to find some of that out and if it's if it's not the biggest, I'll find some biggies.
Speaker 2: Just just find the biggest one. You can tell us it is. I don't think anyone's gonna be that with confidence.
Speaker 1: No one's going to be able to fact check you. And yeah, we've actually never won any awards at the ACC. We just say we have, so if you say it with your chest out, then you know people have got no choice but to believe you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, beautiful.
Speaker 1: Enjoy your weekend, Carl, enjoy the school holiday madness, enjoy Bathhurst and we'll see you next week.
Speaker 2: ACC Sports thanks to the tab