Speaker 1: You're listening to a podcast from News Talks ed B follow this and our wide range of podcasts now on iHeartRadio. It's time for all the attitude, all the opinion, all the information, all the debates of now the Leighton Smith Podcast powered.
Speaker 2: By News Talks Ed.
Speaker 3: Well, this hasn't happened before. This is the first time that we have had a release on Christmas Day. So the second of our best of series through the holiday period and it's with David Bell. Now. This is an extensive interview with David on the expansion of the World Health Organization's powers and influence. He has worked for twenty years in biotech and international public health in numerous capacities, with over one hundred and twenty research publications. David explains why New Zealand and other countries should stand their ground and refrain from signing on to changes that the World Health Organization is looking for. It is a very important discussion. And then if you like what you hear, there is another very very good interview with David Bell in Podcasts two one hundred and sixty five. Just to do a search for the Latenessmith podcast two sixty five and it will find you in the meantime, I wish you an enjoyable listen of course, and Merry Christmas, and may everything be right.
Speaker 2: In your world.
Speaker 3: Layton Smith Leverix is an antihistamine made in Switzerland to the highest quality. Leverix relieves hay fever and skin allergies or itchy skin. It's a dual action antihistamine and has a unique nasal decongested action. It's fast acting for fast relief, and it works in under an hour and lasts for over twenty four hours. Levers is a tiny tablet that unblocks the nose, deals with itchy eyes, and stops sneezing. Leverix is an antihistamine made in Switzerland to the highest quality. So next time you're in need of an effective antihistamine, call into the pharmacy and ask for Leverix l v rix Leverix and always read the label. Take as directed, and if symptoms persist, see your health professional. Farmer Broker Auckland. David Bell, Senior Scholar at Brownstone Institute, is a public health physician a biotech consultant in global health. David is a former medical officer and scientist at the World Health Organization the WHO Program Head for Malaria and Febrile Diseases at the Foundation for Innovation of New Diagnostics in Geneva, and Director of Global Health Technologies at Intellectual Ventures Global Good Fund in Bellevue in Washington State in the United States. He is also a guest on this podcast. Has been a guest on this podcast more than month twice, three maybe four times. And it's very good to welcome you back. I'm appreciative of the fact that you are here. Yeah, thanks for having me back late. It is always it is always a pleasure. I got to say what a quote. I want to quote a lot of things actually in this podcast, but let me start with an example of destructive, unaccountable bureaucratic overreach, which is part of what you opened up with for a column on Brownstone. An example, and I repeat it, of destructive, unaccountable bureaucratic overreach. Are you taking a stronger stance over I won't say against, but over the World Health Organization that.
Speaker 2: I don't think so. I think for the last four years I've been pointing out what is going on. I mean, in the end, you have an organization that has knowingly impoverished the world and that they absolutely knew what they're doing, and it's I think most of your viewers probably don't understand the extent of an additional one hundred million plus people intovere poverty, food deprivation, up to ten million girls in additional in child marriage, increased child labor, a huge increase in national debt in low income countries, which will translate into them being forced to comply with global predators who prey on such in debted countries. And this is what has happened. I think now it's interesting because that there's a chance at least something may change slightly with the US election. So it's but I think those words are not out of sync with what I've and others have been saying for quite a while. I was going to show is a massive organization, is a huge bureaucracy, it's grossly out of touch with reality, and it is deliberately misleading countries.
Speaker 3: I was going to raise the American election result with you a little later, So let's just park it for the moment, because there is probably a little more than than just this to discuss. I want to quote you this particular headline, followed by another one. New Zealand first fears over WHO regulations are misplaced, robust checks and balances already exist. And then the second headline is Shane Jones world Health Organization needs reform not fappening. Now, these are two at variants commentaries. One is written by journalists, the other is written by well politician. Which one of those is closer to the reality.
Speaker 2: Or clearly the second one I think. I was on this program where we were talking about the work at the University of Leeds, where we're looking at the international pandemic agenda, the push by WHO, World Bank G twenty, et cetera to increase funding from countries from taxpayers for this rapidly growing bureaucracy around pandemics and supposedly increasing pandemic risk, and where we've shown conclusively that this is well as WHO would term it, misinformation. They are twisting the reality around infectious disease pandemic risk and the costs of dealing with it and the effect that would have. But journalists, I think, by enlarge, don't dig into things like that anymore. They just assume if the World Bank or that G twenty says something, it must be true. So I'm not defending journalists, but I think that's probably where those sorts of responses come from. So I mean, when that is happening, when the who is doing that as well, then clearly what Shane journesaid makes sense that the who is it is a huge it's not just a who, but the whole wintershal health bureaucracy is it's tens of thousands of people. Now it is a huge and rapidly growing industry that lives mostly off taxpayer money and mostly in very wealthy countries, and as we saw in COVID, is now no longer really helping, but is increasing the risk support health and impoverishing people, concentrating wealth in the pharmaceutical companies that have very much become influential in it. What these organizations should be doing is helping countries when they're asked to build capacity so that we don't need these organizations anymore. So that's the op they shouldn't be growing. There was abo IS set up in the late nineteen forties. It was helping countries that came out of colonialism to sort of get on their feet deal with major diseases like malaria, tuberculosis, and now those what should what should be happening is US. Countries should be getting on their feet. We shouldn't need THEO anymore. In anything like you as a large organization, you can have a place where countries meet and so on, but there isn't a place for a growing international health bureaucracy. If we are getting better at medicine in countries, and we're building capacity, and sanitation is getting better, and nutrition is getting better, et cetera, it should be. And if that's still not the case, if we are seventy or eighty years into WHO and they are seeing that problems are growing and not reducing despite all the improvement in technology and everything in the world, then clearly they're a gross failure anyway, So we should be looking at something else.
Speaker 3: Since twenty twenty, the WHO has orchestrated and condoned one of the most devastating assaults on individual and societal health the world has seen. At the behest of highly conflicted sponsors, this international bureaucracy promoted policies that overwhelmingly harmed the world's most disadvantage. The organization turned on those whom it had been set up to serve. Returning to the pre World War II mindset of technocratic authoritarianism that characterize public health in the area of eugenics, colonialism, and European fascism. Now, those last three terms are things that those of the left regale against constantly. And yet here we are, and here you are writing that about an organization that we all know. The bureaucracies either live by growth or die by the growth. So is it fair to say that they're simply thinking of survival.
Speaker 2: The thing of growth? Yeah, So the whos are organization of thousands of people, and there's still people there who are working hard and doing useful stuff. It's not like the whole organization is completely corrupted, but I think at the top of the policy level it has been for the last several years. And you know, I mentioned that some of the numbers in COVID. Then the abandonment of science in COVID, which was gross, the abandonment of pretending that mass work and social distinccing and pretending that you should close stop travel when you've got the same virus on both hends of the trouble path, and the essential completely disregard for human immunity, natural immunity. We had the most expensive of public health program in Africa, or mass vaccination when who knew from their own studies that almost the whole population already had effective immunity against COVID from natural infection. So it's an organization which there's thousands of people. If you're in an organization for twenty or thirty years, inevitably you sort of lose the edge of the good intent you might have gone in with, and you become you want your pension, which is very extremely good at who so you want to hang out for that, So you want to comply. You have your kids in high school or college or whatever, and they get a seventy five percent education subsidy, get a rental subsidy, you get very good salary. On top of all this, you get business class travel, five star hotels or the rest of it. So you inevitably, almost everyone, I think, start to think that you're one, you're really important, more important than other people because you've paid so well when you travel in important aircraft seats and get picked up by cars with a blue badge on the door. And secondly, oh, you see it in all institutions. I think the role of the institution or the existence and the reputation of the institution becomes your primary focus because you think that the world needs your institution and therefore you must protect it. So you know, this is the sort of thing that is the effect of the Catholic Church, for instance, with with the cover up of child sexual abuse in the past, and you see the same thing in the UN actually for exactly the same issue. Or really the Human Rights Council has been guilty of this in Central African Republic about ten years ago. So you tend to put your organization first and not the supposed goal of the organization. And yeah, I don't know of any bureaucracy anywhere that has worked to put itself out of existence, because that means losing your salary, losing the salary of your team. But if you're an international organization that is a servant of countries and a servant of populations and your job is to build their capacity, that is actually what you should do. So I can imagine you could structu an organization to do that. It's probably something where people can only stay five or ten years and they have to rotate out anyway, so it doesn't become their permanent home. But once you allow an organization to become a permanent home for a large bureaucracy. It's not going to work its way out of assistance. It's going to look to grow, because that's just what human institutions do. And in Who's case, to grow meant throwing away essentially a lot of the conflict of interests rules that they had in the past and getting to bed with large corporations and private sector investors, and so about twenty five percent of their budget now is directly from or directly from private sector, and most of their budget, whether from countries or private sector, is specified so that the funder tells you what you would do with that money. That's not how Who started. It was supposed to be an organization where technical expertise, at the request of countries would be used to address the needs of those countries. It's become, through its budget, an organization that follows the instructions of those who are giving up money. And that happens because you keep thinking more money will be good, and you're you know you're capable of handing in the conflict of interest bit and you won't be corrupted at sea, but of course you are, because you know that to get refunded next year, you have to please that funder. So when I worked in WHO, I saw this growing. I started in about two thousand and two worked there for about eight or ten years, and this was a period particularly where private foundations became very influential, where the probably private partnerships alongside WHO grew up and became influential on it. And the COVID response is the inevitable result of that. It was essentially restructuring response to outbreaks in order to maximize profit through mass vaccination forever a disease that almost really almost no one should have been needed to be vaccinated. So the reason for that, and the reason they abandoned their old guidelines and did that was because that was what they needed to do to please their funders. So it's WHO is a tool of others. It's supposed to be a tool of countries, so it should be a temporary tool until the countries stand on their own feet. Has become a tool of the pharmaceutical industry and biotech and those who invest in it. Yeah, so I think you know Shane Jones's variety. It is not contributing. Now, there's no reason for it to grow because actually infectious disease mortality has been steadily declining despite all the hype, and over the last many decades the mortality from outbreaks and from pandemics has been declining. So COVID was an outlier which very likely was not a natural outbreak, and certainly many of the deaths from covid iatrogenic. There's really little doubt about that. With the mass use of drugs like rendeser bear and very early intubation early on in the pandemic, so people panicked, they do that. That happened because there was a huge media operation to make people panic. Then the now mortality is almost zero, and most of that is from people gaining well one from people gaining natural immunity too, because if you just leave it as you would treat a common cold, then for the vast majority of the population, that'll be what it is. So it was used as a tool to please these funders. But apart from that, there is very little in the way of out breaks astray, the mass cholor of mortality, the plague, that yellow fever and so on. We have very small outbreaks. Now these are things of the past, so there's no good reason for the who to be growing at all. It should be shrinking.
Speaker 3: But it's not going to.
Speaker 2: It's not going to unless there's a radical change in the way it's run. And it is hard to see how that would happen because an organization that you've got to do that change to a large extent through people there who would be extremely resistant.
Speaker 3: I know that we've discussed this before from one aspect anyway, but let me let me just raise it again. What would be the on going back to the conflict between Shane Jones, just to use this as an example, and journalists, because the journalists are pretty much all the same. They're the same over the over the American election as well. They can't help themselves. But if New Zealand were to not participate in the changes that are being made by the World Health Organization, what would be the downside?
Speaker 2: None For New Zealand. It would save some money and it would not be essentially forced to build a large surveillance network to find viral variant and then risk you know, being having to lock down and destroy your economy again to assuage the needs of people in Geneva. So there are plenty of diseases for New Zealanders to deal with. Most people die of cancer, heart disease, cutting vascular disease, et cetera. There are still significant rheumatic heart disease and other infection based mortality in all populations, include particularly indigenous populations around the Pacific and so on. There's plenty for New Zealand to do without participating in a sort of essentially fast this falsification of risk. So there's nothing that wouldn't matter unless you got to a situation where the World Bank and the IMF, who are very on board with this agenda of who decided to punish New Zealand. And New Zealand now I think has a very large natural debt, which I think during the COVID response many countries, so that makes you much more vulnerable to that. So I mean, we'll come back to the US, but this is where it'll be interesting to see whether the international political situation has changed such that you can't be punished for that, because that will take a lot of the wind out of the sales of the pandemic.
Speaker 3: I don't know whether this is international or spreads wider than New Zealand, but I've noticed that the people who are deserving of some degree of condemnation over their behavior and attitude toward the administration of the last few years. Are the same people who are promoting and pushing hardest for New Zealand to participate in the latest changes being made by the Who Why would that be, do you think?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's a range of motivations. Some people, I think they do very well from funding from the pharmaceutical sector who are very much behind this agenda because they see hundreds of billions of dollars of profit in the long term. So they're doing what they're paid for probably or what they were. They're saying what they see as the best potential for them to get paid in the future. I think others, as we said that they genuinely believe this story, that they just assume that these large institutions would be telling the truth, that they have expertise, which they don't, and that they are you know, so they just go along and they're not going to stop and think deeply, because they've all been told that anyone who does is a right wing conspiracy theorist and they're likely to be vilified. So they you know, if you want a good job in global health, interational public health, you don't stick your head out like that. And I think others they may be realizing, they may dig down that this was a mistake for whatever the reason they went on in the first place. But it's really difficult to admit that. If you sort of stated to your reputation got really famous in the media, etc. On saying one thing, it's pretty difficult to backtrack then and say, well, actually, pandemics aren't at big risk to humankind, and you know, we have much bigger things to deal with. COVID was a huge overreaction. We should have known better, and let's do better now that there's not many people doing that. Most of the noise among those people is that we should have locked down faster and more strongly, which it's essentially saying we should destroy the economy more for longer. There is no good evidence that lockdowns did anything except slightly slow transmission. So it is different perhaps in island states where you know you could keep it out for longer. But now you haven't gained over the four years in terms of all cause mortality compared to other countries that didn't act in that way, So you're not better off over the four years, and you have an economy now that makes you very vulnerable and it is going to be have a huge impact on your ability to manage your nation's sealth in the future. So I think there's not much doubt that it was probably a mistake, even in New Zealand where there appeared to be as an island you could keep everyone out and sort of pretended the world didn't exist. But did I mention does? And you've wracked up a lot of problems?
Speaker 3: Did I mention? I? No, I didn't, And I don't think it was I don't think it was mentioned in the last conversation we had when you were here midyear. But they're still advertising for people to go get the job. Oh ye, get updated, Get updated, Get updated. The signs are out the front of the farmer.
Speaker 2: Distilling us as well from six months upwards here for there is zero evidence of benefit.
Speaker 3: Who preys hell is responsible for that in the States.
Speaker 2: In the States it's officially CDC, so they have their vaccine schedule for children and from six months up you're expected to get a series of MR and a injection which they know will concentrate in the over eas of young girls and in the livers and adrenal glands of girls and boys. Et cetera. And they know that healthy boys and girls and infants have almost near zero risk of dying of COVID sort of less than one million, so that there is no logic to any of this except the potential for profit and the sort of around that the sort of people who put their reputations want to preserve them, et cetera. So there's no public health rational public health basis that you can really follow to justify this.
Speaker 3: So the mRNA vaccine that accumulates in different parts of children's bodies does or can do how much damage.
Speaker 2: We don't know because we don't have long term studies on this, or even decent short term studies, so there's no even now there are no ongoing studies that they in adults. They after six months they lost the control group, so we can't compare. But we know the six months for the Maderna and Pisa trials. There was Maderna, the au course mortality was the same in the control group and the vaccinated group in Maderna. For Pisa, there were more deaths in the vaccinated group than the control group, so it was no effect or negative at six months. In adults, we don't have good data on any other age group. So for each new booster sort of type in in the US where they changed to a new variant, they test on I think is eight rats and they see if those rats produce antibodies, and they take that as the vaccine works, so that they don't even have human trials on the new versions now, so we have a passive and very flawed adverse reporting system of AIRS in the US and Australian New Zealand so on have their own. They show more high mortality and all severe effects reported for associated with the MRA with COVID injections then for all other vaccinations combined in the thirty years that FAIRS and the US has been running. So that's obviously a huge red flag normally, so to go and give that sort of thing to infants who like health infants don't die of COVID, you're almost never. But we know, we don't know what if you take, for instance, the accumulation of the ovaries. We know, and we knew before they started injecting anyone that the liber nanoparticles accumulates in the ovaries in rats. They've never looked at it in humans where we assumans are same. A girl was born with a certain number of over so that that determines the length of their fertility period when they're an adult. So the way the M marina vaccines work, they their marinae goes into a cell and it last quite a long time because it's not normal m RNA. It's modified. One of their bases is modified to make it last much longer. So the story about it. M marinae lasts only a few days in the cell. It's true. But this isn't that sort of m RNA. It's a modified The US bas is modified and makes it. They did that to make it stay in the cell much longer and produce much more protein.
Speaker 3: And that's right, that's right. That's right from the beginning of U from the beginning right back. And they knew it.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yes, So it it goes to the cell. It's called a machine of the cell to produce a toxic protein spike protein that the body recognizes as a foreign protein. So it eimulates an immune reous bonse against a protein which is expressed on that cell. So it will kill that cell as well, and it will cause some local inflammation, which is what happens when you get cell death. So if it concentrates in the ovaries, you'll get some local inflammation in the ovaries and some cell death in the ovaries. If it's in the liver, the same et cetera. That's how it works. So it's not an unreasonable assumption that you will lose some over during that period and you'll have a shorter fertility period as an adult. We don't know that, but it's not an unreasonable assumption. We will find out in twenty or thirty years time when the little girls who have been just been vaccinated now go into menopause and will see how long they had the fertility period. Yet they're still being injected in this situation, and although they are not initiate purpose of COVID, they've all got Everyone by now has had COVID and has a pretty good immunity. And the CDC did studies that compared directly, you know, did you go into hospital, did you die just after post infection immunity? And you know when you get another infection, or if you have vaccinate and you get an infection and there's you're slightly better off with natural immunity than the vaccine, and the vaccine on top of the natural immunity makes almost no discernible difference. So we have all the data that says if you've had an infection, you're highly unlikely to get severely or and the vaccine won't help significantly at all. This is a situation with everyone now. So this is CDC data. It's published. The data on the biodistribution going to the ovaries, et cetera is published by fires Biointech and with the regulatory agencies when they have proved the vaccines. Now they also had data from rats on an increase in feudal animalities, very significant increase compared to the control group in that same experiment. Yet they recommended for pregnant women, so we've been through this period that is actually hard to grasp as a public health physician in terms of the recklessness with which this was imposed on particularly is very vulnerable groups. Pregnant women and young children are usually the very last ones to be injected with a new drug, and only after years of experience and then very careful studies. So none of that happened normally with genetic therapeutic, which is what these are and what they were classified as by Madina. You have to do castinogenicity studies to see if it courses cancer. You have to do teriratogenicity studies, which is what they did. Being need to watch that in humans as well to see if they fall cause fetal animalities. You have to do that with a genetic therapeutic, which is what these are. You don't have to do it with a vaccine. So when they change the name to vaccine, they did away with all the stuff that you have to do for this sort of class of pharmaceutical, and this is acknowledged in the TGA report from Australia, the Australian regulatory agency, the Therapeutic Goods Administration. They acknowledged this in the report that the name change means that they didn't need to do this.
Speaker 3: So you.
Speaker 2: Can imagine if you had an existential threat from sort of airborne and bowler, which is never going to happen, never happened in human history, et cetera. But it's in the movies that you might take these sorts of risks. But it makes no sense for a virus that is associated with death on average in Europe at the age of about eighty to eighty three, and those people are the sick ones at that age, it's not the world ones. And that's what we faced with COVID. That's what we knew were facing with COVID from the first quarter of twenty twenty and has published in an answered So that is what we're dealing with. That is what happened. I think that has got a lot to do with why we keep seeing this push and keep seeing this pushed, rather than people sitting back and saying, this is what we actually did, because it's a big thing to admit.
Speaker 3: Well, let me cut to this paragraph. Knowing fully the impact of their actions, and you've said a couple of times now they knew what they would, they knew what they were doing, and they knew what they were causing. Knowing fully the impact of their actions, who helped force over one hundred million additional people into severe food insecurity and poverty, up to ten million additional girls into child marriage. And when you mentioned this before, I don't think you mentioned sexual slavery.
Speaker 2: Well, that's what chold marriage is. Yeah, well, yeah, it's sexual so free rape etctera. So that's you know, you take a thirteen year old girl and you stick with an old man, that's what you're doing. Isn't it.
Speaker 3: Where does the figure though? People? You know, anybody who was being interrogative would say to you, where do you get the figure of ten million plucked out of.
Speaker 2: The Yeah, that's from UNICF. That's from UNISF, the United Nations Children Educational Furnish whatever, the official u an agency for children. What are you U suggesting that they're trust So that's published. No, but they are like other agencies. They have a mix of people. They put out some as did WHO, some early on, some very good data and modeling and so on, the lightly harms of this intervention. So you have to remember that in twenty nineteen, late twenty nineteen, about October November, WHO put out the pandem Influenza Recommendations, which essentially say, don't do this under no circumstances, closed borders, do this sort of mass tests and trace et cetera. So or you know, the big features of COVID, and they point out that if you put people out of work for seven to ten days, you're likely to start seeing overall negative outcomes, particularly in low income people, because of the harm to of the economy and their income, etcetera. So UNISEF also, you know, they put out at the end of or in early twenty twenty one, estimates that were almost a quarter of a million dead children just from lockdowns in South Asia, so India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, et cetera. Six countries, almost a quarter million children. They are almost no children are dying from COVID that the World Bank put out estimates in low income countries, for every person that was saved by lockdowns, probably about two people died. One point sevent to two people died. It's the World Bank, which is the same organization pushing the whole thing. So these organizations are not that. They're large organizations and they have some people in them who are trying to work against the tide and actually get sensible data out You me, and sorry, no, I was just going to say, I mean, it's not made up. These are say ten million girls. That's because if you close schools and you impoverished families, particularly in South Asia, Subsaharan Africa and South America, then we know that a lot of girls will come out of school and they will be married off for various reasons including the family doesn't feel that they can afford to keep them anymore. And so this is what happens. This is well recognized. You know, there are organizations like as a Child Not Bride pre COVID that were quite prominent in trying to reduce child marriage and noting that poverty is a big driver and keeping kids in school is a big way of stopping it. We heard nothing from them, so these figures aren't And this is where I say, you know, this wasn't unexpected. It was known that this sort of response would have these sorts of outcomes, so it was intentional. Then the response was intentional, and they knew that it would have this collateral damage, and they knew that the disease they were doing it for, so in Sub Saharan Africa would kill very very few people because half the population there is under twenty, essentially children, and only about less than one percent of populations over seventy five, which is the high risk of COVID. Yeah, so it was intentional to do these lockdowns.
Speaker 3: What did you say was the morality level of the people who you're discussing And you can stretch it wider than that in the field, but that they know what's going to happen, they know what they're doing, but they do it anyway. Where is the morality level there or is there?
Speaker 2: No, doesn't seem very high. So we can all do this. I mean, we can all talk ourselves into we can convince ourselves if we really try, that something that is bad is necessary or good. And you know, unfortunately we have to do this because and you can pretend that the virus is an existential threat, and it's pretty easy to do that because you sort of get on board with your colleagues and you see each other up and here we are saving the words from a deadly virus as we kept hearing, you know, twenty four to seven and all that stuff. So you just you can get yourself into this mindset, particularly in groups, where you can then convince yourself as a group that you know, oh gee, there's going to be some damage, but you're saving the world. And if you stop, then you sit on a mountain and you stop and you think carefully through it, you realize that this is rubbish. But as long as you stay in the group and you keep seeing each other along, then I think you can sort of do this. And so you know, it's how crowds work. And well, I'm not trying to go down. I'm not trying to go down a conspiracy path. But considering that there are people involved at the very top of the money making tree that this is who believe that the world is overpopulated, but they have contributed greatly to this scenario. The negative side of it, is there any natural conclusion or possible natural conclusion we can come to over that or you could draw that. But if if you're trying to kill people, I think there's better ways of doing it if if you're you know, another effect of this is that there's a big production in reproductive health, so that there there's an increase in birth rate in Sub Saharan Africa as well. So this isn't going to reduce the world's population overall. Is probably going to increase it because poverty tends to lead to more children born as a sort of insurance policy, and so only because you can't access contraception, et cetera. So I don't think this will reduce the world's population. I think it will make it much much poorer. But hold, I mean there is a conspiracy. Of course, there's conspiracy is some people getting together and making a plan and not telling other people about it. That's what a conspiracy is. And that's that's how you do business. If you're running a company, if you're running Pisa or something, and you in maternity, you come up with a few other companies of a way of making selling a lot of stuff, which is your job as CEO, and making a lot of money out of it for your investors and shareholders. You're not going to go and tell everyone, Okay, we're going to do this because we want to make lots of money. We want to make hundreds of billions of dollars from selling a vacci You say we're saving the world. So of course there's a conspiracy in that there is people trying to make lots of money out of global health and they're not telling everyone exactly what. They're not putting it in those words. They're not telling everyone they're there to make money. And for the shareholders, they're telling everyone they're trying to save us. So but they are trying to make money. That's a job. So it's a conspiracy because they're running a business. That's say, you run a business, you have plans that you don't fully divulge to others, to the world. So I think you can explain this as a huge sort of business case that was completely devoid of morals and any breaks on conflict of interest, et cetera, and was facilitated by these large agencies that have become dependent on these same private entities. So of course there are people who people among these who want to have less people in the world, And in a way I can sort of understand that. Wouldn't it be nice to go to the beaches not crowded, wouldn't be nice not to have traffic jams every time you go to work. Great, you know, more green fields, et cetera. So that's a nice thing. But it's also nice to have humans. And here we are, we got eight billion humans, and humans are great. So you know, people can say to you they'd like to have less people in the world, and that's not a bad thing in itself to say, as long as they're not saying and therefore we want to kill lots of other people to get there. And I think if you wanted to do that, you would have a better virus than SARS kobe to and you would probably go further along the path of toxic responses to it. So I don't think that that was the primary driver at all. I think it was more making a lot of money, and there are some other things in the background. There is a push for things like central bank digital currency, which is not I mean, it's not a conspiracy there the central banks and someone say they want this. A Bank of Indudicial Settlements says it wants this CARST and has talked about it their head. To do that, you need people ideally to be poorer and to be more dependent on government and to have you know, digital ideas and digital transactions that you can then use.
Speaker 3: To sort of control their lives.
Speaker 2: Their lives and oh, you know, that's that's what they say they want central bank digital currency for it will allow you to control how much people travel, how what they eat, where they go, who they meet. So I think there are a lot of people who don't just want money. They want this sort of fascist state globally. And that's always been the case in human existence, is why would it go away? And COVID was and this whole pandemic agenda is a huge opportunity to do that because it provides the fear that you need to make people do things that they wouldn't normally do. So in the nineteen eighties in Australia, they tried to bring in a digital National Idea just National Idea card, and there was a huge outcry and it's just killed the whole idea. They're doing it now and no unblinks because they've managed to get people's mindset to think that the government is saving them from existential crises, whether it's it's pandemics, or it's a climate crisis, or its terrorism whatever. And they need to allow the government to know who where they are and where they're spending their money and what they're doing all the time so that they can be kept safe from all these things. And I think that is somewhat deliberate, or is quite deliberate, because people want to do that in order to have control over others and even further concentrate wealth, etc. And it's a sort of feudalism. That's the normal way that human society works, unless you constantly fight against it. Well, it can only for him. This is what they talk about essentially with their Great Reset, is essentially stakeholder capitalism, is essentially feudalism.
Speaker 3: Well, we said we would revert to the American election briefly at least, and that would appear to be the right time to do it considering that you were just talking of the CBDC, and let's throw into the mix the fact that Trump has made it very clear that he will ban it and will not allow it while he is any position to stop it. What comment would you make on that? I think it's great, Yeah, not only any great, fantastic.
Speaker 2: I mean it's it doesn't solve the problem completely. Obviously. They essentially did what you want to do with CBDC. They did that, for instance in Canada during the Truckees effort, and they you know that, they people just had their bank accounts closed. And so it turns out Millennia Trump had a bank account closed in twenty yep, so did Baron Trump. I mean, what on earth? So that they're already trying to make it hard to live financially for people, but we don't need CBDC. There's a great short video out probably not on YouTube but on other channels. So it's the Minneapolis Fed Federal Reserve chairman talking about this, saying like, why on earth would Americans want this? We manage perfectly fine with their finances. Now, why do you want the government to be able to control everything you do? It makes no sense from a public viewpoint is we don't. It's not saving us from anything. It's just imposing more more control over us. So why would anyone?
Speaker 3: So who was that? You said, Indianapolis? It's a Minnieapolis Reserve Bank. Reserve Bank. Yeah, so it's floating around on the internet. It's in a few times. It's a good video.
Speaker 2: He's just arguing, sensibly, saying, why would people you know, you can't well population, you want this imposed on you?
Speaker 3: Well, the answer, the answer is, of course you can make something like that, and they and they do make it appealing because you don't have to. I mean, the next the next thing would be that you'll have a chip in your hand. That'll happen one day. Yeah, it's you don't need so you'd never lose your keys, you never, you don't have to worry about anything and just carry on and life's easy.
Speaker 2: To go to the supermarket. You just wave your hand over the reader and there you go.
Speaker 3: Well, who wouldn't who wouldn't wanted them? And my response immediately is look at the look at the change in that election we've just well just mentioned of. I only heard this morning that there was a swing of eleven points for women under thirty to Trump.
Speaker 2: Yeah, young people very strongly voted and now swung in that direction, which is really interesting actually, and not I think what the other side expected. So well, the only shift in African Americans, a shift in Latino voters, etc. Because you know, it's it's been an interesting time in the US. I'm very surprised actually there. I come for a number of reasons. But like many people, I thought Trump was terrible the first time he was elected because I listened to the media, and the media had nothing good whatsoever to say about this person. If you spend the time and you listen to one two three hour long long form interviews with him, then you get a very different picture of who this person is. And you know, I don't know why the media is so against him, but if there's someone like that, is that important you should sit down and actually make up your own minds and not have your mind made up by someone else.
Speaker 3: Well, it's called it's called group thinkers, you know, and it has quite a history now.
Speaker 2: But it's worse than that. This was propaganda, isn't it. It's I mean, we were told constantly this person was far right, racists, misogynists, whatever. But if you any anti abortion, anti this, and anti that, and if you listen to him, he actually got pretty irrational approaches to these issues, but they almost never get reported in the media. And he is someone who talks off the cuff a lot, which is dangerous for a politician, but is also somewhat refreshing. We're so used to people just having Telly prompters and so on, or saying what their focus group told him to say, so sometimes he says things in a way that you sort of think, oh, no, why do you say that way, because people take it the wrong way. But if you put it in the context of a half hour hour long interview, then it starts to make sense. And I think a lot of people saw this because people, and probably much more than news in but the US populace has turned massively away from mainstream media, and so that people listen to podcasts. I will listen to the podcast with Joe Rogan or with Tucker Carlson or something, and they'll hear a Trump or a put In or Kamala Harris. If you'll do it, or et cetera, talk for a long time, and you can start to get an idea of what they're really thinking, whereas you can't do that by a journalist who is and there's about ninety seven percent of US journalists are on one side of politics and three percent on the other. When they pull them and journalists openly say now that their job is advocacy, not reporting the news, so that they see their job as trying to turn the country into what they consider as a better place, so they propagandas so, most of what we get now on mainstream media in the US is propaganda and not news. And I think people have which is a refreshing part of this. People have realized that on a very large scale.
Speaker 3: They have in the States obviously, but not so much elsewhere We've still got the same. Yeah, simple journalists I'm trying to be as kind as I can who don't understand how it could have happened and continue to write the crap that they have written all along. I am thinking of one or two in particular.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it happened because this was a person who can actually articulate policy at length. You know, take Charlotteviell or something he did not say. Just good people, both sides at Charlotteviell. You know, this is something I only found two or three years later. Yeah, I mean he said he specifically excluded white supremacists from that, and so it's the opposite of how it was reported. People have seen so much of that here that I think the media has just lost credibility. But you know, you had one side that spent only a third of the money, but who had very long speeches and very long interviews and articulated a wide policy alternatives, they said what they're planning to do. You had another side. If there are clear policies I missing, and I think people are struggling to the people struggle to figure out what the actual policy is apart from trying to keep Trump out. But that's not a policy that you're going to went on. So yeah, they didn't articulate any policy, and they teleproms are broke down so so and that they clearly did not tell the truth to the American public about the state of the previous president and et cetera. So you know, I can't see how journalists struggle with that. The left of politicies and what the left used to be. But if if you're a sort of pro Democrat or pro republic whatever, it's hard to argue I think with what I just said, because that's blatantly in front of everyone.
Speaker 3: Now, before you tell me that you've had enough, I've got a couple of other things, so we should we should move on at least briefly two, two or three other matters, if I may, I want to mention Jay Baticharia, one of the three medical people who came up with the.
Speaker 2: Great Barrington.
Speaker 3: Yes, and at first of all, I didn't understand what on earth the Great Barrington thing was. And then once I got a grasp, of course I.
Speaker 2: Knew he was just orthodox public health. Well there's a mother Kodolf and symmetric upture, and they didn't come up with anything new, which is why it's so important that they just articulated clearly orthodox public health exactly.
Speaker 3: Now, I had cold Off on the podcast fairly early in the piece, and wish i'd had Battacharia, but I never tried. But I see that he was just awarded a major international scientific prize. You see that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't remember what it was, but I did. I know Jay, he's a very nice person. Yes, these people should be getting prizes because they stood up at considerable cost. Yeah, and they were just insisting on telling the truth. They were talking orthodox public health. Essently, they were talking about what we knew is true for a lot of it's just common sense. You don't even have to be a public health physician to know that if you massively impoverish people and close down economy, then that's going to make health generally worse in the future. I mean that's pretty obvious. So and that is why that's what the Great Barons in Declace is about, is just you will cause more harm if you close down the health system, closed down the economy for something like this, rather than just concentrating on the people who are actually at risk and addressing their needs.
Speaker 3: The Australian COVID Inquiry report now the risk of treading on Ramesh the Cursed Toes. He's declared it not fit for purpose. Have you read it. I haven't read it yet. No report on it.
Speaker 2: I think it's it's much like the others. It says should have done more stuff, more quickly, and it doesn't go into the the harms I've seen.
Speaker 3: Short summary, We've we've got we've got something. I think we've still got something underway here. It's it's hard to tell sometimes, but it's it's going to fall into the same category, and there'll be a follow up. I think, I trust that might might might be might Get honest, do you think that one day the people who are and I'm thinking particularly of ex prime ministers and the and they're lot, will be recognized appropriately for what they did.
Speaker 2: I think they will eventually, because when people look back and do their studies on this in thirty or forty years time, Yeah, that there there's this big dip in the economy, there's an increase in debt that was see that as we know now. I mean all of course what tality wasn't any better, is generally worse in countries that had strict measures compared to those that didn't. And there is this huge impact on basic human rights and so on that the world been fighting for for so long and then just went backwards so many steps. So I think in the future it'll be recognized as a huge mistake. I doubt that it will directly impact any of these people. I don't think anyone political is going to go to jail or something for this, and I'm not sure that. I mean, some of them are actually extreme, and the one you're talking about is recognized as fairly extreme globally. But politicians were in a really difficult situation with this, and I think we have to recognize this put yourself in their shoes. The whole media was against it, and the media was on the side of big farm totally, along with hundreds of billions of dollars of effort. And if those Jordan said, as Prince of Sweden did they weren't going to do this. Every death is pinned on them, so it was likely political suicide. Having said that, I didn't see any leaders sit down in front of the nation for a couple of hours and just talk through like these are the facts. This is the age people dying, and this is the comorbidities. If we close down, we're not going to help all these other people, and we're going to do this huge economic harm and that's going to mean longer waiting lists and less money for cancer treatment, less money for heart disease, less money for kids' illnesses, etc. In the future. So what are you doing. If we had that conversation and there was a politician anywhere brave enough to do that, I suspect that a lot of populations would have sided with them. But that aside. You know, I think they were just trying to avoid being classed in the media and by a lot of the population who were just brainwashed as murderers. I mean, maybe I'm being over nice. I don't know, but I think that sort of explains why so many went along with it and very few politicians stood up.
Speaker 3: I think it reflects on the politicians or the standard of politicians that we now accept in the main.
Speaker 2: It certainly does that. Yeah, and just I know Australian politicians were speakings in similar that, including that, you know your recent Prime minister. Their career politicians they haven't run a business, they haven't run a farm, they haven't worked in a law practice for thirty years before they go into politics or medicine whatever. So they go through, they come out of high school, they go into university, they joined student politics, they joined whatever party in that politics in the university, and that's their career for life is just being a politician. And really that's the last person who you would want to run your country. You know, you've just you've no idea. You've just reminded me of something. There was there was an article, there was a commentary piece written by a university professor here with regard to Jacinda going and giving advice to Karmala. Right, No, this is this is true, not fiction, not fiction. Apparently it's true. There's a picture of the two of them together, and et cetera. It's just occurred to me. We know that you, Sinda worked in a fish and chip shop. Apparently Carmela didn't work in McDonald's or no one can, no one can prove it. They're stroking to find a record.
Speaker 3: Do you do you think maybe that gave her a hint by saying, look, it stood be in great stead having worked in a fish shop. Maybe you worked in McDonald's or something along the way.
Speaker 2: I suspect they're are told to try to identify, at least with ordinary people. A lot of interesting you know, it's interesting looking at the all the celebrities socided with.
Speaker 3: Yeah, mostly for megabugs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they were paid lots and lots of money, Yes, exactly, so so that they're not they're not people who apparently were there because of this is what they really believed in, or if they did, there was a very fortuitous that they're getting paid to stand by their belief. Again, I think that people saw this people recognize that they didn't know I think at that time how much people are being paid. But they can see that people have not really you know, it comes back to actually articulating policies and explaining why you're there versus just being there and jumping up and down and saying never Trump one side ran this very shallow campaign because we think how journalists can't recognize that is really interesting because it means that they are really they've lost the ability to think rationally to a large extent.
Speaker 3: Indeed, look to to put paid to this podcast. Let me quote you from the article to arrest the degradation of health, human rights and sovereignty, we need an exit strategy from unethical public health. This will require an exit strategy from approaches mired in conflict of interest and an emphasis on evidence rather than corporate profit. And for the sake of both donor country taxpayers and the recipients of their support, we need an exit strategy from external dependency in order to achieve health independence. This is what sustainability and equity means, words of which global health profiteers are so fond. These changes need to be sect a wide, not just the who so what you're saying is that the who certainly needs to be changed dramatically, but so does the whole sector.
Speaker 2: Is that possible. It's possible. Comes back to what we're saying near the start of the discussion that the global health industry is just growing and growing more rapidly than us, probably than it has before, and it should be going in the other direction. We should be building capacity in countries that struggle technically so they don't need external help anymore. And that is the supposedly the whole point of foreign aid. And this is the standard left or right wing, but certainly left wing thinking around public health two decades ago. You don't want a colonialist situation where you have people from rich countries having all the expertise and going and telling people in poor countries what to do. You want to build our world based much more equally, where all countries have adequate capacity and can manage their own health in the way that they see fit. And that is what we are supposed to be building in international public health, or we were. Is the opposite of having very strong central institutions that have the ability to dictate policy about whether it's vaccination or lockdowns or whatever. And it's the opposite of growing these central institutions, they should be getting smaller and smaller as countries get on their own feet and do things themselves. And I don't think people can really argue with that from any point of view, except if you really are on the train that believes that the world is facically increasing existential threats and we're all going to die if we don't all give up our rights to some central bureaucuct to save us. And if you're on that train still, then it is properly hard to get you off it. There's no rational basis for believing that we are generally living longer and pandemics, outbreaks, infectious cities outbreaks are getting less deadly overall and are not getting more frequent. We're getting better at detecting them, but they're not killing more people. So it's illogical to believe that. It doesn't fit historically, it doesn't fit epidemiologically. If people custominds back to twenty nineteen, it doesn't fit properly with their experience at all. So people need to sort of undo the propaganda a bit and go back to that mountain to think on their own and think through what is actually going on and that they will realize that there is no good reason to keep growing these bureaucracies. That poverty was going down before COVID, etc. Countries were doing better, the most African countries had rapidly increasing GDPs or that was reversed during COVID. The world was getting much better. We've had this huge step backwards. But you could argue that is because these institutions need for surviving growth is such that they are now really poisoning the world and poisoning the countries that they were supposedly supporting.
Speaker 3: I read this morning, it was sent to me from London an article from the Times on the top four I think it was airlines with the luxury section sector, and Emirates and Singapore Airlines and whatever else. And they've all refitted or in the process of refitting, and the luxury level has gone up rapidly in first class, business class and in economy plus. And I just thought earlier on when you were talking about the travel business class travel for these people who who fly around between Nairobi and Geneva and what have you, that this was even more incentive for them to maintain their positions and grow the company.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and it's people think the foreign age is going to help you desperate people in distant villages. A lot of it is going to support these people, and it's extremely difficult when you're in that situation which I've been in, to get out of it because it is such a nice and interesting life, you know, people dream about this. So yeah, there's all sorts of reasons that people in these organizations think of to maintain that situation.
Speaker 3: David, been a pleasure. Thank you, always grateful and I hope that we I hope we see you again soon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I hope. So thanks late, and I have a good Christmas early soon.
Speaker 3: Oh listen, I forgot, I'm sorry. Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and stay well. Thank you, thank you. Now I'm doing it a little differently this year. At the end of the replay, I usually have a few words to say, and every year I have to struggle to think up what the appropriate thing is to put in this particular plot. So I've decided to give myself a break and do one that covers all of them. So if you've heard this before, you can turn it off because you've heard it, because it's going to be the same one for each of the seven replays. Now, if this is the first one, then I trust that you're having a wonderful holiday. If you're not on holiday yet, your time will come. Rest assured. I have enjoyed doing these because re listening to them myself, I get more out of them and I see things, or I should say, I hear things that I might have got slightly wrong or I could have done better, So it's a learning curve as well. Anyway, we will be back for the next one a week from this particular release, unless, of course it's the last one, which is on the twenty ninth of January, and that'll be the end of this replay series. Add on February five, we shall return with fresh content in the meantime. At any stage us drop us on notes if you've got comment that you'd like to make later at news talks AB dot co dot enzend and Caroline at newstalksb dot co dot nz and we shall talk soon.
Speaker 1: Thank you for more from News Talks AB. Listen live on air or online, and keep our shows with you wherever you go with our podcasts on iHeartRadio