Speaker 1: I go there and welcome back into the Mad Monday podcast of a Thursday, but always brought to you by four and twenty pis and perfectly at home snack for watching State of Origin. It's stupid o'clock on a Wednesday, thankfully a shortened week.
Speaker 2: My name is saw A Manayowi joining me.
Speaker 1: Fresh off the back of State of Origin commentary is adding Vanua Kezy Good afternoon, although to be honest, feels a little bit more like morning, doesn't it?
Speaker 3: Is it not eight am right now commentating a game at ten on a Wednesday that finishes at midnight. And man, I the last few games that we've done together, it just they just blowout.
Speaker 2: We're the jinks.
Speaker 3: We are the Jinks And like I'm a new South Wales fan. But and that was great to begin with, Yeah, but there's no point watching the second half.
Speaker 2: It really fizzled out, didn't it.
Speaker 1: It was just such a blowout and it was such a comprehensive one I felt like, and I said it throughout the commentary. The new South Wales defense was just smothering. That was shutting down Queensland. Yeah, Queensland's options every single time, anytime. DCE felt like he just had hit on a plate the entire night, like he was just getting cut down and her Man Reese Wald, we're just gonna waste these two and then what else are they really going to do?
Speaker 2: And it worked.
Speaker 3: It does work because DCE is pretty much the puppet master of Queensland.
Speaker 1: It has been for a while now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And to be honest, that smothering defense is not something you really associate with New South Wales.
Speaker 1: It's usually the other way around. So I maage Maguire's taking them up into the Blue Mountains. Yeah, and he's done something that's really and we mentioned that a lot last night as well. I was just the dudes that stood up with the dudes with.
Speaker 3: The question marks around them, Latrell Mitchell, Yeah, you know, Trail, we don't know. He's overrated, he's he's a piece of shit whatever. All the all the news around him is always that yeah, comes and instantly makes everything so much better. Defensively, was just shutting down Valentine Holmes the whole night.
Speaker 2: It was a menace.
Speaker 1: And Zach Lomax, who I hate, played great, kicked really well. No dumb shit, Yeah, Flick passes. No, I think there might have been one. There was one later in the game. It was like, okay, fine, you can have that.
Speaker 3: Mitch Moses came in and had four triasists, equal Freddy Fitler for the most in Origin history in one game.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So it was just, yeah, the narrative of just those three guys standing up massively. Angus Crichton as well, who like question marks around him after he went to Amsterdam and lost his mind.
Speaker 2: Or whatever it was.
Speaker 1: Yep, Liam Martin played well, see Selene, you played like you'd heard me talking so much shit about him for the last few months. Yeah, it's only because I want Mitch Bunnett to be on there, and I felt like Mitch Burnie should have had his spot.
Speaker 3: Well, Mitch Bunnette is more of a like crighton, you know, He's not a come off the bench guy. He is a play the fulady and be solid, whereas you need a little psycho like Spencer Lin you.
Speaker 2: Off the bench. And he was excellent last night.
Speaker 3: He was Yeah, I mean he was stupid, oh yeah, like running in starting fights, doing all sorts of stupid shit. But the energy, the intensity, It's like when Zion Mo who came on for us that one game, and yeah got us back and form.
Speaker 2: He's a bit of that. Yeah, and the.
Speaker 1: Best part about it is that we don't have a dead rubber. There are all these stats coming into that game about New South Wales play well at a neutral venue, blah blah blah, games two and all this.
Speaker 2: Sort of stuff. This happens every year with State of Origin.
Speaker 1: If there's a big win in the first game, everyone's like, oh, that's the end of the series.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, this is why we play three games, and statistically doesn't this always happen? Queensland win, Yeah, neutral venue, New South Wales put on a decent game. We didn't want fight up and then we go back to Suncorp and then you get your eyes handed to it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Literally, the blueprint is there. I think that's what's going to happen. I don't think the next game is for quite a while. It's towards the end of July, I believe. Yeah, but I'm very much looking forward to that. I don't think though.
Speaker 3: I still think New South Wales will win, but I think I'm hoping that Game three will be an absolute barnstorm.
Speaker 1: Yes, same here, Yeah, I think, yeah, I think that New South Wales really found something in that second game, and there'll be a lot of adjustments going into the next game. I don't think the Rids will change their team too much, but that's what they do, right, They just stick and hold. Yeah, that's right. Maybe bringing a fore feeder. They got a hiding.
Speaker 2: They did get a hiding. I don't think the feeda stops that hiding.
Speaker 1: They got to do something, they do, got to do something that doesn't seem like a very Queen's Land move. No, I mean that's what I would be doing. But I feel they'll bring in some battlers like struggling. They'll bring in like Jake Grenville or something, you know, and then it will prove to be like a master stroke that is what they do.
Speaker 3: Like Cape Well, I mean Colbo would have I still think Colbo should be there rather than Cape Wire.
Speaker 1: Like just you know, Hammer goes down, Key's injured, Cobo's time away. That's right, that's what it was. Yeah, Yeah, that's righties where it's like he probably could play, but he's buggered.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and now he's just like, look, I'm just gonna take you time off.
Speaker 1: Do you reckon?
Speaker 2: SI?
Speaker 1: He's ever gonna play Origin again? Well? Do you mean, do you reckon he's going to play next week, our next game. He'll be back in the NRAL after like three years or something. After he'd be back in the NRAL in twenty twenty eight, I reckon, yeah, I see what I say. Four years yes, yeah, yeah. Oh look if he comes back, I think he plays Origin again.
Speaker 2: He's very young. He'll still only be like twenty five by then.
Speaker 3: That fucks me off that it's ridiculous. It passes me off how young he is, specifically because he's so massive. Yeah, and he's played for the Roosters for a couple of years now he signed rugby, you know, like it's just and you go, I'm twenty or whatever.
Speaker 2: It is stupid, he's getting younger.
Speaker 1: Well, he started when he was seventeen, you know, and changed the rules so that they could bring him in the rabbit.
Speaker 2: O is that?
Speaker 1: And I was saying, well, look, bagger, and if he's good enough then he should be able to play, And then Diehindould said well what if he was sixteen? I was like, again, if he's good enough, he is, what if he is fifteen? So if he's good enough, so you think a fifteen year old should be in there deck out with the other players and the change changing years. I was like, well, not specifically that part. So if he's good enough, if there's an eight year old who can play NRAL level footy, yeah, get him out there.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: You can be reading the Hungry Catipullar during the week and then at the weekend he can be putting in massive heads if he's good enough.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: On a completely unrelated note, and I asked us yesterday on the Agenda podcast, what's the oldest age you could have beaten Lebron James yet?
Speaker 2: So you right now?
Speaker 1: Like, so obviously you could beat two year old Lebron James at a game of basketball. Could you beat ten year old Lebron James?
Speaker 2: I he is six foot ball then.
Speaker 1: I don't think so.
Speaker 3: I said eight, because he strikes me as a Now, this is gonna be a hot take. Lebron strikes me as a guy who picked up a basketball from a very young age.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I picked up a basketball two years ago or three years ago, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: I was like twenty nine. Yeah, No, he definitely would beat me. What about what's the oldest he needs to be before you could beat him again. Oh so it stops at about eight years old?
Speaker 1: Yeah, when does it pick up again? Like Kareem right right now, Kareem would still smoke you, yes, because he's seven feet tall. And he also will still be able to shoot. Yeah, they'll be able to shoot till the day they almost got day they died. He's got their hook shots still. Ah do what so Lebron ages in the situation and I don't. Yeah, I think it's sort of just before his bed ridden and yeah, like the day before yeah okay, yeah, like deathbit if he's like, look, I've got one more game and me I want to go out doing what I love, I'll be like, I'll play you.
Speaker 2: Even mean, I don't know even then is still six foot nine? This buggery? You can do about it? Yeah? Yeah, so that's you suck as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that's the other day as do I that's the part we're not really accounting for. I know, because that's what I was saying, is like, God, you only get one shot at this, So what if you go right, I think I could beat him at ninety four years old, and then you go out there and he beats you, Like, well that was my one shot. I just lost the ninet four year old Labron. I don't know, I don'd agree, but I did want to run that one past you. It's been State of Origin. It was a very entertaining first like twenty five minutes, but now it's set up a very entertaining third game. We now turn our attention to around seventeen Saturday, twenty ninth of June, the Warriors take on the bron Goes at five pm. The teamless throughout for that and it is looking very different. The biggest thing Seawan Johnson out for four weeks. That means to Mighty Martin's back into seven Chanelle Harris Taveta and at six Freddy Lussik finds his way back.
Speaker 2: Onto the bench.
Speaker 1: He would join Dylan Walker, Ja Sevanga cape Wire backing up from Origin. How do you feel about Sean Johnson man out.
Speaker 3: I feel happy, Really, I'm pleased because Shawnee Jay and I don't think it's an age like he just has been clearly dealing with something for most of the season and after last year's clear deallyan performance of a season from Seawan Johnson. Yes, he came back. He reached that peak. From the Warriors with hissing. He's like, yeah, how yea another year. Boys, it's still it and it just hasn't unfolded that way. And I feel like because of that, he has just been trying to get through it and trying to get things going whilst his ankle is falling apart.
Speaker 2: Yeah, ankle, peck buddy, the whole shit exactly.
Speaker 3: And we're talking to Charlie Gubb about this at the beginning of the week and he was saying, look to Mighty Martin in the Halves suite, whether it's chance at five eight or two, Picky or CHT and they've gone with HT which is a safe option. That's fine, and the Wires can do well. They can beat the Panthers the magic round. Yeah, However, they ain't going to do shit in the postseason unless you've got a healthy Sean Johnson and half back for the Warriors.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So I think for.
Speaker 3: The next four or five six weeks, I wouldn't be surprised if it drags out a bit more. We just get things clicking, get things clicking, get things clicking. Sean Johnson comes back, but don't put him as the guy like let to MIDI Martin. If he's doing a good job, just stay like that and just go Sean, you're the second fellow now, like the Lakers with Lebron being like Anthion Davis, you're the main guy. Lebron's the second guy now because he's slightly older. A situation like that would be great.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I feel like the Warriors. In fact, I put twenty bucks on them to win. Oh yeah, yeah. We were talking to Carl Tyler from the TB.
Speaker 1: Everyone's on the Warriors despite the fact that they're outsiders at the time of recording this. If you wait until game day, they may be favorites by the time we start.
Speaker 3: It's it's all going to come down to whether or not. And they've been named in the reserves Reese Walsh, Payinhass or Pat Kerrigan backup Saturday, three days after State of Origin and Melbourne, you would have to think not a flight to Auckland an early three pm game Australian time.
Speaker 2: It's a recipe for a head cold. It's exactly.
Speaker 3: And I think the Broncos have been Are they still inside the eight They're like barely clinging in there. So yeah, because they're not doing like amazingly since Reese went down, and also Adam Reynolds obviously, But I think if this team runs out how it is here on paper, and they have Jack Gazevski at twelve and like all these follows like Xavier Willison, who's a beast, but he's a young fella. Like, if it's like that, I can see us running a lot of points, and I can see Adam fanol Blake scoring a try, Mitch Barnett's scoring a try through the middle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think we can do a job on them. I think so too. I'm feeling pretty optimistic about this. This isn't that amazing after last weekend, I know, and you would think, I don't know what it is about. We just got our asses handed to us. Our best player from last year is now out for a month. We've got a few other injuries floating around as well. Now we're playing against the team that knocked us out against the and the playoffs last year, and here I am putting twenty bucks on it. Yeah, I'm going to follow you in on that too. I think that there's I don't note well. Again, on the ACC Sports book with the TAIRB, we do a segment that we've done before called stats to and pristol ladies. They actually have some stats and there's a bunch of them. I won't try and butcher them now, but they're all around. Anytime a team gets pants by like sixty something points, they generally bounce back the knicks, right, Yeah, they generally cover the line, which is only three and a half points, which basically means they're gonna work. So, man, you do the mouth on that. You crunch those numbers, do your own research. It wasn't just a big loss. It was the worst loss in the history of the club. That's embarrassing it is that is a huge pride and injury, and I think that's why teams after they get spank they turn around and go go right.
Speaker 3: It's almost it's also like when they sack the coach and then the next game, yeah yeah, the guy interim coach gets a win.
Speaker 2: Yeah, at his first game.
Speaker 1: You can't fake that kind of desperation exactly, humiliation, embarrassment.
Speaker 2: Because what what we saw.
Speaker 1: In that game last week that I don't really want to think about too, as they just gave up basically absolutely, and once you're getting a hiding, like I don't think that carries over into the next game.
Speaker 3: Absolutely not the fucking hope not better fucking not what I saw from that game, though we discussed it at length in the second half while we were dying on our ass commentating the worst game in history is I think adamfill Blake is an all time great talent, Like he's amazing. He also isn't the right person. He's obviously sulking. Still, he'll be pissed off about that loss. Yeah, he obviously wants out. Yeah, you know, like there's there's stuff behind the scenes happening with him. We're trying to I think the Warriors are currently trying to offload him, but they have to pay money the Sharks to get him early and shit. Yeah, So I think he is a negative influence in the changing rooms.
Speaker 2: Yeah and not. But I don't think actively.
Speaker 1: I think just by virtue of the fact that you know, if he's if we suck.
Speaker 2: He's gonna be like he's a bit sulky about it. Yeah, but it's not like rallying the boys together, no.
Speaker 3: Exactly, which is And then it was almost like that's what we saw. The lack of guys like Mitch Barnett and Kirk kape Wa. Yeah, it was almost like you need fellas like that, and to who's been doing it for ages, but he's old now, Yeah, let him play forty off the bench man. Whereas James Fisher Harris is coming next year. He would stay with that shit. Absolutely not. We would have lost sixty to Sex if James Fisher Harris was there. They know he would have at least got rid of one try, maybe even more. But he's the kind of guy that would rack the boys up and get them to actually, I hope yeah stand up, whereas I don't see Adam Fanuel Blake doing that.
Speaker 2: No, And I don't really know who it is.
Speaker 1: I think it could be tol who he seems like quite a softly spoken dude.
Speaker 2: He absolutely is, he's so chill.
Speaker 1: I think generally it's Sean Johnson, but I think he was just too injured in that game, and I think he knew it would be a little bit eat us to try and give everyone else a g up when he knew himself he wasn't at full Street.
Speaker 2: You know who else it could be. It's Mitch Barnett, well.
Speaker 3: Mitch Barnett, but also it could also be Dylan Wantenzi Lisnier, who wasn't there because he's he was captain of the Dogs for ages, wasn't Hell the Panthers or something when they both teams were when they were shit, he kept in the kiwis and the keywis is yeah, Keywi's that's right. And so I think Dylan could almost be a guy that geez them up a wee bit from out on the wing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and because you can tell by the way he runs the ball.
Speaker 3: But something was missing there that was the key to unlocking our like not I'd like the real cheesy like you know, doing it for the jersey or whatever.
Speaker 2: No, you're right.
Speaker 1: I think Mitch Barnett is that guy. I think I think Kirk cape Well's that guy as well. Well.
Speaker 2: He's a leader, isn't he. It's a great point that you raised it.
Speaker 1: Neither of those guys were there, and then all of a sudden we sort of let go of the rope in that game. So yeah, you need someone in there, g and everyone up. Yeah, with both those guys back and and named to start as well.
Speaker 2: With Mitch Barnett's case, and then Kirk Capey are.
Speaker 1: Coming off the bench, I don't think they're going to change this teamless too.
Speaker 2: Much, I hope not.
Speaker 1: I love the look of this teamless.
Speaker 2: So do I. But that's the new Corny's looking great, Jackson Ford.
Speaker 1: Can we just get some sort of like sticky spray on his hand, on his chest whatever they used to have in the NFL that they banned because it was way too easy to catch the ball. If we could just get some of that stuff in there and yeah, and just coat him in it, yeah, powder coat the X sex forward. Yeah, get him a couple of fucking baseball mets. I don't know something. The knock ons are out of control at the moment. Outside that, he's excellent.
Speaker 3: That's the thing is when we're all clicking with plenty of go forward and he's got time to just like catch the ball and run without having all this pressure and shit, he's been going great in the front row and I think that's his spot.
Speaker 1: Yeah. You've got to do is a shitload of work, run and tackle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's great for that.
Speaker 1: And every now and then someone will throw you a no look past, it will bounce off your I don't think it's all his fail No, absolutely not.
Speaker 3: He's just here's the circle on his chest, please put the ball there otherwise who knows what's going to happen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: So that is the team list as they line up Selwyn Coma and Tony Staggs back and I'm Jesse Arthur's beck in for the Broncos as well. I really don't think we're going to see any of the Origin dudes who were named on the extended bench, Reese Welsh, Patrick Harrigan.
Speaker 2: I just don't think so, certainly not Reese Welsh.
Speaker 3: It's such like we're only at round seventeen this week. Yeah, still what ten more rounds to go and then the postseason and state of Origin. Payneharts will be the only one I think who would well because he actually missed a few games at the beginning of the year, so he's had more time off than the others. I think he would want to play. But anyway, I agree with you.
Speaker 1: At the time recording this podcast, War is a two dollars twenty five outsiders, so I'm probably going to get on that tonight. Yeah, to lock that price in before it shortens up. We will be die and the Pantsman will be commentating that one five pm on Skysport nine. Make sure you tune in for that one. We're going to take a quick break when we come back. We're going to talk about a super coach just before we do. Four and twenty four pack prize pack is still going. Here's how it works. Four tickets to the next home game and four and twenty five ouches. If you want to win that text yum to three two three six. That's yum to three two three six. We'll have a new keyword next month. So do that and this ad break, all right, supercoach Chris. It's sort of a weird period at the moment where most people's cash generation has sort of been done and your team's starting to firm up.
Speaker 2: Is how you want it to be. We're through the worst of the origin by round Shenanigans.
Speaker 1: Yeap, only got one more.
Speaker 2: I only got one more.
Speaker 1: It is still tricky. I'm sure of a player. I think I've only got I've got sixteen for around nineteen that I can field, yep, for around nineteen. The problem I have is I've got like two or three nuffies in there that don't play, and I've only got them because they are position eligible.
Speaker 2: Right, I'm just Jed cart right and for feeder.
Speaker 1: Is that Vito who is like one of the top ten most owned players and super coach.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've got them. Yeah, everyone does.
Speaker 1: I haven't started nothing yet.
Speaker 3: And if you don'tant nothing, it's when you just choose guys that don't play, but you make sure that dual position so you can switch your team around.
Speaker 2: I've just checked.
Speaker 1: I've got eighteen Oh great, which is a total fluke.
Speaker 2: How many trades do you have left?
Speaker 1: Twelve?
Speaker 2: Yeah, see, I have thirteen and I've got one boost and so I'm.
Speaker 1: A little twelve and one boost. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm a little confused as to what to do.
Speaker 1: So let's go through the buys, cells, captains, different options. So Nico Hines is back this week for the Sharks. The Sharks have a tremendous run home. They potentially, depending on how the other teams like whether they win or lose, the Sharks may not face another top eight team after the beat of Joke for the rest of the season.
Speaker 2: That's right, Yeah, it's a joke.
Speaker 3: So they've got the cushiest and even at the start of the season, before we even got underway, everyone was like, wow, the Sharks have got an easy draw.
Speaker 2: This year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so now is potentially the time to get on the Sharks. The only think about Nico Hines is his break even is two hundred and twelve. Shout out. I've never seen a break even that high. No, so don't get him this week. So when he plays the Bulldogs. I saw a good breakdown of this online. He basically can score seventy points tomorrow this weekend, sorry, and still lose one hundred thousand dollars in value, which is outrage as outrageous. So I don't think it's worth getting Necho this week. But next week, I reckon, you need to set your team up in such a way that you can bring him in. Okay, yes, because he is going to drop money. Now, I've had Niko the entire season. I don't care how much he costs. I want him in my team. You still have them, I still have him, all right.
Speaker 3: So it's last few weeks I've been shit house, but I've still got him, and so he's just in for the rest of the seas because I'm running low on trades now on anyone I bring in from this point is going to be in my team at the end of the year.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The reason why he so wait a week he might score seventy, he might even score one hundred and something. You go, damn it, he's still going to drop one hundred thousand dollars. Then bring him in instantly because he goes Titans in round eighteen. Yeah, Tiger's nineteen by But then the Cowboys who have been struggling, the Bunnies who have been struggling, the Titans again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Knights who are sort.
Speaker 3: Of in the middle, the Dragons us, and then manly, what an outrageous run home. So get Nico Hines and the other two guys who the entire world are bringing in.
Speaker 1: I'm one of them. I already have Ronaldo.
Speaker 3: Mully Talo, he stuck with him. I got him maybe three weeks ago. Oh okay, because Brad went whenever Braidon Trendall came back. Yeah, he was in the four hundreds. He's four hundred and eighty, and I was like, I'll just get Molly tallor because they're right home is ridiculous, and when they start clicking, he'll start scoring again. And the other guy's Brittain Nickulder. Yeah, one hundred and twenty over the weekend, who scored one hundred and twenty. He's five hundred and seventy thousand. This is a guy who consistently last year for about eight weeks, was pumping out nineties. Yeah, because he was scoring so many tries running off Necho's hip. Yeah, and so I don't know. I like to think Neko, now that there's no origin worries, all he's going to do is worry about getting the sharks and actually showing that they're not just a mirage like they were last year. Yeah, and just get that side clicking again running off as her. Surely Brittain Nikolder.
Speaker 2: Is going to go up.
Speaker 1: I agree with you. I'm going to try and bring it in Mollly Talor this week because I've got a couple of terrible sinder Wings that I need to get rid of.
Speaker 2: Took a real potshot at Jack White in a few weeks ago.
Speaker 1: So random, by the way, has not so random was that when he switched into the halves. It was when it was when they turned around and started winning game, because they've been looking great now, and I was like, Jack one, here we go.
Speaker 2: I also thought he was going to get Jill position eligibility hasn't yet.
Speaker 1: That would have been handy.
Speaker 3: The other one I've brought in, and the whole world is looking at it as Fletcher Sharp.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if Sharp the only issue with him. He's fullback.
Speaker 3: Yes, he's two hundred four thousand dollars, but most people will have to disc well. I like to think most people have Todeskco locked and as their starting fall back. The other two big guns you want are probably Turbo or Pongo, and they're not back yet. So just go for Sharp until one of them comes back, and then you'll make a two three hundred thousand on them.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So here's my scenario that I talked about last week. I was gonna bend Latrell because I got titty in Latrell. I was like, I can't because I'm probably gonna want Latreil back. But I'm now looking at it. They got the buy this week. Yeah, I can't have a million dollars sitting on my bench doing nothing. No, and then in stead of Origin comes around.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: So he's gonna miss quite a few games, that's right. So I should have got rid of him last week. I'm going to do it this week.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's going to clear the path for a lot of salary next week, which is when I bring Nico Hines in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think give Sharp's a no brainer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you need to bring Nico Hines and you also are going to I assume at some point, need to bring Nathan Cleary in around round twenty.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So there's a lot of cat and if you want to do stuff like if you got rid of cricht Angus Crichton over State of O and you want to bring him back, there's a lot of these guys that you're gonna need money for. Yeah, Sharp, I reckon as a guarantee four three hundred four hundy K over the next few weeks. Plus chances are you're downgrading from someone, So yes, that's right. So that freeze up cash. Not that at this point of the season you need to be making heaps of cash. But I also don't think it's ever a bad thing. Making money is the only way you can improve your team. If Turbo was flying, Ponger was flying right now, I wouldn't even look twice at Sharp.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: Pappenhausen's struggling. It's been a shit show. Everyone's in Jeddler Treu's been called out. It's like for the first time ever fullback. Isn't the amazing spot it has always been. Yeah, it will be at the end of the season. Yes, So in the meantime, just makes the care take advantage of it. Yeah, and he's also a good player. He's played two games against the Panthers and the Storm, who are the best teams of the Calm and average is sixty seven.
Speaker 2: And he's the man.
Speaker 3: So imagine when he plays. I don't even who they're playing this week, but whoever they are, he's you know, he's going to do a job and get you maybe seventy eighty.
Speaker 2: Points they're playing the Eels, ah ninety or one hundred points. Yeah, exact, exactly. Cells I think so far along as a cell.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he came off the bench at the last minute last week, which meant he only got thirty three points. Pretty impressive considering it's off the bench.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely, And he's an impressive player.
Speaker 1: He's great.
Speaker 3: However, there has been whispers nurl Physio tweeted out earlier today or maybe it was last night, that Poppenhausen is a chance to maybe miss out this round.
Speaker 1: Oh really dealing with just a little niggle. However, I think let me, just double check this. This is just the problem with that is why not trade him to Sharp, make money and then increase one hundred percent?
Speaker 3: So if you've still got far a long more wait and see. So they are playing. The issue is that they are playing I think Sunday night Melbourne. Yeah, and so if they roll him out at last minute, you've got to wait right until the Saturday night actually, so it's not too far off, just after the Warriors game, third game of the night. So if you've got far along more. The good thing about him is he is sent to wing eligible. Yeah, so what you could do is bring Sharpen and just bump him up to one of your shitty center wings and just keep an eye and then if Pappenhausen is out, you could get one more game of him at fallback for the Melbourne Storm against the Raiders who had an absolute score put on them by the Tigers.
Speaker 2: It's a luxury though, to be able to do that, it's very specific. You have to be in a good situation.
Speaker 3: Yes, otherwise dump on because what one week left? He's been great?
Speaker 2: But yeah, do you really want to be playing? Is that the game you want to be playing? Yeah? Fuck?
Speaker 1: I hope Sowis starts and then goes gang buses. Yeah, I don't know, blay Stelong. If he's still on your roster, I reckon, now's the time to get rid of him. He's been playing well, the scores haven't been bad, but he's six hundred and five thousand dollars and the Eels suck. The Eels a bottom of the table, and I know they're getting players back, and Mitch Moses just broke whatever record in Origin.
Speaker 2: I just still look at that Eels team and think they suck.
Speaker 1: I think if if Gatho goes down again, Untilo, he goes to fall back sweet Yeah. Outside of that, I'm like, but.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't hold on to him on the off jut absolutely not.
Speaker 3: In fact, what I'd probably do is i'd enough him out, Yeah, because it's just getting to the point of the season where you kind of need to just like one of your two rfs, enough of them out, one of your center wings, nothing out, which is bringing in a non playing bottom dollar player and just bankle that cash man. Yeah, and then all of a sudden you can go ham on like a val Homes or someone that you know that yeah, haven't got or whatever, dude.
Speaker 1: You've been watching all season, Ben, like I wish I had that though, exactly enough, one of your boys out and then just splash out, treat yourself captains for this week? Is anybody not captaining to Disco. I'm captaining to Disco. The only issue with him is, well, actually it's good he plays the last game of the round against his old team, the Tigers.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I'm not gonna again.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to get into the dark art so the vice captain, lope, I'm gonna stuff that one up. So I'm just sitting and forgetting him as captain. The good thing about this is my vice captain is Necho Hines. I've got him still. He's playing the first game of the round, which means I have the entire weekend to make your decision to hopefully if he scores one hundred and fifty plus, hopefully remember to do the switch. Because that's the issue is I always forget, and it always so Yeah, I'm like you, I try to avoid it, but you know, Nico, first game of the round, Teddy, last game of the round, you can't really go wrong. Yeah, okay, I agree with you. I don't think anyone would be captaining not captaining Teddy, And I would say that there's a couple of different ways you can look at it, Like do you want to go point a difference captain to try and beat other people because everyone else is going to be captaining him?
Speaker 2: I kind of think no.
Speaker 1: I would just be like, look, I'm going to captain him because everyone else is, so if he fails to fire, at least he didn't fire for anyone else. That was a piece of advice.
Speaker 3: I was listening to a podcast a few weeks back of a guy who won it, and he was just like, just captain who everyone else is captaining, and then use your other positions to make up the difference, to make up the difference, because the last thing you want to do is miss out on a guy like and also, it's Teddy against the Tigers. Who else are you going to captain that's possibly going to score more than he is?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: This is a ridiculous situation. And if you captain him and you were wrong, at least you were wrong for the right reasons.
Speaker 3: Yes, And if he gets high shotted and gets five points, everyone is in the same bar.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's right.
Speaker 3: All good, So yeah, lock in titty captain, titty captain, and then who cares about vice captain because it's dangerous.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, you could win your match up that week, but you could definitely fuck yourself.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Absolutely all right, I think we'll knock that on the head for this week.
Speaker 1: Okay. Enjoy your weekend of football, Enjoy the commentary Saturday five pm Pantsman Die Henwood as well. We'll be back on Monday for another episode of the Mad Monday Podcast, brought to you by four and twenty parts. See Yeah, and Australia without rugby league is not Australia