Speaker 1: Live from the Export Big AD's studio. I brought to here is always by Export Ultra, the bear for here. This is the Agenda Podcast for Monday, the eighteenth of November.
Speaker 2: The Agenda Podcast, the home of Sporting Nonsense and clap Trap, brought to you by Next Sport a Vulture.
Speaker 1: I guess we'd better start with a quick gear check as it's the eighteenth of November.
Speaker 3: Are we were still in gear? Are we in neutral yet? Oh? I'm in neutral. I'm well and truly in neutral because once the Christmas first Christmas party invite comes in in the first kind of Christmas and it's the fucking goddamn Santa Parade next weekend in Auckland and Devinport as well, there's one where I live. So that to me signals chuck it in neutral. I'll kick it to twenty five.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I am at the misfortune of ending up at two malls across the weekend. Oh and both of them had carols playing. One of them had Santa walking up and down with his whole troop doing their thing. Oh yeah, they're playing hip hop remixes of Christmas songs or Christmas remixes.
Speaker 3: Of hip hop songs. Walking around dancing. It was awful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was bad. The kids love it though. They see Santa there and they're like, oh, this is awesome. And I was like, I need to get all my Christmas shopping done now. Never never go into another moll again.
Speaker 3: Well, you've got Black Friday coming up and what Cyber Monday? So I diduce? You do it all in? Yeah online over those three days we've got we'll have some specials on our shop as well for those of you who want to get stuck into some pretty mean deals. Yep.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking it's going to be a sec gear for everyone in my family this year. City of the Ship Hats stea of the Ship Hats books for those that can read.
Speaker 3: Yeah, wdz w dwz w D forty out weak hats. You know, party shits.
Speaker 1: Export parties, Yeah, party shot, stack of chaining chips, big nuts, big nuts, all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: Let's start right at the top.
Speaker 1: The thing everyone's talking about, Mike Tyson v Jake Paul on Saturday afternoon.
Speaker 3: Where did you watch it? Did you watch it?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Of course I watched it. I mean it was a pantomime, wasn't it. It was always going to be fuck well, I mean, why did we think it was going to be anything other than that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because it's Mike Tyson that's why.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and this element of what the fuck could happened? But yeah, yeah, I tell you what, though he had every twelve year old juiced up around our neighborhood. They all knew about it. They all wanted to watch it. Yeah, they all wanted there was the entrance levels were widespread. Even my eight year old sat down and watched two of the undercard fights and the actual fight. Like it was. I watched the whole car.
Speaker 2: I mean.
Speaker 3: The thing is it was on Netflix.
Speaker 1: So if you've got Netflix, which everyone does, Yeah, that's nothing.
Speaker 3: Just chuck it on. Tell you what they don't back and drink every time they say Netflix on Netflix coverage. Holy shit, it was just one big ad oh one hundred percent clever, get suck you in and then just hit you with Netflix content. Yeah. No, it was great.
Speaker 1: I mean if it was a Friday night, I probably wouldn't have watched it, but the fact that it was Saturday afternoon I had nothing else on, so you might as well sit around and watch it and watch it.
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 1: I watched from from the get go from two o'clock when when it tipped off, the coverage was weird. They at the start of the coverage, they crossed this girl down on the like red carpet sort of and she said, I'll have all the interviews for you.
Speaker 3: Throughout the night, I never saw her again.
Speaker 1: I don't know if there was a technical issue, if they didn't get any interviews, I don't know, but you just did not see her again until right at the end she went an interview.
Speaker 3: Shack, oh yes, I saw that, and Gronk and Gronk yeah, yeah, and they and they had a cap They had Ralph Maccio because I bring up a new series of Cobra Kai. So they showed them in the crowd like three times, yeah, and then played the trailer for Cobra Kai the next series. Is that exclusive to Netflix.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a big I quite liked the Netflix, you know, having a live sporting event on Netflix. I'd love it if the NBA was on there. Just so easy to chuck on, you know. So that was and that's why everyone watched it. And again, like you said, now, in hindsight, we're all looking at it going, well, yeah, fuck, he's fifty eight. It's it's when before we were going into the fight, I was like, I just watched fifty four year old.
Speaker 3: Brian are a bat.
Speaker 1: Yeah I don't think I don't think this guy can do it. And so it's easy to sit here and say in hindsight though, like, oh, we all knew he was going.
Speaker 3: To be ship.
Speaker 1: You didn't we all? We all bought into it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we well hope, we were all just hoping that Mike Tyson had one punch and knock the fuck out of Paul. Yeah, and he is. He's the ultimate heel. Like, yeah, the crowd boot him when he came out, and so I wasn't the only one, no, that detested him.
Speaker 1: That's that was the whole thing. He made everyone want to see him get knocked out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he got to be Yeah, that's marketing gene. Apparently he's a punish of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, apparently Mike Tyson got twenty mil for the fight.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what, he can use that twenty mil and maybe do some squats. Mind you, that's a fifty eight year old ass.
Speaker 1: We saw that is a fifty eight year old that video you would have seen it as the most viral thing to come out of. It was just the fun. It was like an episode of the Office. It was like like a Leehart skit. Yeah, Like it was just this interview. He's Ernest Envy with a sunny kiss him on the cheek, turns around and he's going to ask hanging out.
Speaker 3: It's got a bang. He's got a jock strap on. He's got a jock strap on.
Speaker 1: I was just discussing the shape of his ass with Tony Lyle out in the office.
Speaker 3: There.
Speaker 1: Tony City wasn't he was, you know, he gave a good account of himself. I said, I'd like a bit more definition. I know that's a fifty eight year old man, but that's a fifty eight year old Mike Tyson. It's not a fifty eight year old and Ice.
Speaker 3: You wanted you wanted a bit more, bit more fluff in those pillows. Yeah, yeah, I did want a bit more fluff on the pillows. And I think that's that's what let them down.
Speaker 1: It was clear as legs weren't there, you know, in that fight, and I think that's probably the part that let him down.
Speaker 3: It was still a highlight for me. Yeah, that and the undercard, the Irish woman and the Katy Taylor portor is it put the.
Speaker 1: Ricin Amanda Taylor Amanda Serranos.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they absolutely club the shit out of each other. And the most controversial decision of the night, it was it was everything that's wrong with boxing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the girl was hid butting her throughout the fight and you could call it on city or whatever. The certain points she did get a point docked. The other girl hit one hundred and seven more punches than her, and it was a unanimous decision for Katie Taylor. It was like, this is why boxing one of the reasons why boxing so hard to watch. You can watch a fight and be like, that girl won and then they just rob her.
Speaker 3: And then at one particular moment post fight when the commentators mentioned saying about how far the woman's sports come, and right next to her was two ring girls with the fakest, biggest cans you've ever seen, just standing there not contributing at all. Everything. Well I feel like they were contributing.
Speaker 1: Everything's bigger in Texas, Oh my god. And they were like, what I want is in the background two women, four of the largest fake breasts have you ever seen in your life?
Speaker 3: Shrink wrapped. I want them oiled. I left them glittered. I got some I got some more good questions from my eight year old because he was like, it was sitting there and now just in the background doing nothing, and he was kind of like, I've met my wife going on that's not okay, and him just going, why are they so swollen? And I was like, they must be breastfeeding biological. I mean they've got kids at home and breastfeeding and you know, milk and gorgeous the breast and stuff. And obviously that just totally threw them and just okay what he didn't want any He didn't go down any He's only eight, so that made total sense.
Speaker 1: The thirteen fourteen year old did any explaining the twelve year old.
Speaker 3: Twelve year old, he thinks he's nineteen, it looks like he's sixt there, so a great argument with him about why he couldn't go to the pub with five of his mates at two o'clock and watch the fight. If you try having an argument with the twelve year old about you can't go to the pub, so you can't go to the pub and one of the background, his mate in the background goes it's a kid's pub. I mean there's a kid's the area. I'm like, there's no such thing as a kid's pub. Okay, one of the dads was there and that's the reason they wanted to go in there, Like that is unfair on that dad to be and yeah, with twelve year olds, and they all thought it started at two, and I said, it doesn't start till after five. Events starts at too, So they wanted to hit the pub. They wanted to hear the boozer at two because they would have been blind, drunk or wasted on coca cola. Anyway, have an argument with the twelve year olds on what a kid that the kid's past doesn't exist. It was one of the more awkward conversations I've ever had any Eventually convince them, they all around on Mate's face, got pizza and ate it and watched it there. Luckily I didn't have to answer those questions around the swollen Yeah, yeah, the bristfeeding situation. Situation, But that was that was very very Texas. Everything's burgger in Texas. Yeah, I loved that.
Speaker 1: The commentators while they were doing that, we're talking about how far the woman's game has come, and it's really legitimized it and all the stuff that Jake Paul's done to put these two women on the map, and you know what woman's boxing is all about. And then in the just the whole time they're talking just four of the burgest ones you've ever said in your life, just hanging out.
Speaker 3: Not and not no, not contributing, not even holding out ring card, no, no job. The one thing they were just standing there. Yeah.
Speaker 1: The one thing they were doing that was quite impressive was smiling without stopping for the entire time. It was like, that would have been tough. Yeah, then my messages got home. She was like, no, the botox into that position. They can't stop smiling if they tried. The only time they came close to breaking was old Amanda sad Anal. Her eye was cut to the point where she could just about see through the car. It was so gross, and she the one of the ring girls, caught a glimpse of it when she turned her head and you could see her just like once for a second. But then no, no, no, gott to keep the smile going. So that was Yeah, that that fight was good. There was another.
Speaker 3: The first fight of the thing was those guys.
Speaker 1: They were good, but there was one before them, and it was like a Brazilian tektoker versus Indian genuine.
Speaker 3: It was just it was just average. But yeah, but you've summed it up quite here in this first point you've got in front of me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll got honey dicked. Yeah, we got honey dick big time. And I don't think it will happen again. Although I did say that about Brian Laura. I don't think that anyone's going to sign up to watch him. I mean, I don't know who else it would be anyway, but I don't think anyone's going to sign up to watch a fifty or old do anything.
Speaker 3: And I enjoy the memes coming out about him challenging Muhammad Ali. Next Joe Biden.
Speaker 1: Joe Biden, Yes, yeah, you could tell from the get Girl, like his walkout, he didn't look the same.
Speaker 3: What about Floyd Mayweather?
Speaker 1: That wouldn't be bad. Floyd still got it. Yeah, he can still throw a hand. Lloyd's a bit younger. I think he's on he turned fifty, I think.
Speaker 3: Or Connor McGregor. Yeah, Jack Paul, although that's.
Speaker 1: Heavyweight, that is a massive size difference. Tell you what, I just said I'm not going to get Honey dicked again. If he called out David Toutt, I'd watch that.
Speaker 3: David was probably the same age as Mike.
Speaker 1: Yeah, be a little bit younger, but he's still fighting. What about the Mountain Oyster Shane Cameron if he yeah, I'd watch that too. I'd watch that too.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: What age do you think?
Speaker 1: We talked about this with Lebron James a couple of months ago. What age do you think Mike Tyson would have to be before you Mike Lane could beat him in a fight. So right now he's fifty eight, eighty eighty? Yeah, you'd go eighty. But I have to stay the same age as I am. Now, yeah, you're you right?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, well that takes a point. What old man would you like to beat up?
Speaker 1: Would you consider Hosking an old man?
Speaker 3: Yep, yeah, he's older. They've seen more old enough, he's older. I think Seam was almost the same age as Yeah, any particular old man you'd want to give a hiding team?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, right now, Jason Hoyt. We'll get into that later in the podcast as well.
Speaker 3: I see how we mentioned Mary Deki potentially him in the ring. But Mary's a great guy. I don't want to I don't want to fight him.
Speaker 1: What about what about like as he was growing up? Could you have been in a fourteen year old Mike Tyson? No way, A tin.
Speaker 3: Tin and how am I am? My same age?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 3: Are you right now? I don't know. Actually they can throw hands quite quickly. Yeah, and they're quite fat, They're very fat. They'll go old. Yeah, I have to. I definitely have to just get in close quarters. Eight, I'd smack him, absolutely, smack him around as an eight year old.
Speaker 1: Okay, so between the ages of fourteen and eighty there, don't touch him.
Speaker 3: Don't touch him. I don't touch Mike Tyson. Yeah, yeah, I completely agree with you. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't even know if eighty I was saying, like Lebron would have I don't think there's any age Lebron wouldn't beat me in a basketball game.
Speaker 3: He's going to beat me every age. Yeah, I think I'm the same with Tyson.
Speaker 1: Tyson's biggest product, Like, if that was a wheelchair boxing match, he would have wasted Jake.
Speaker 3: I think it was just he was running around the ring, wasn't he.
Speaker 1: His legs which there was no power in his legs at all.
Speaker 3: And he came out, He's come out and said that he didn't want to knockout Mike Tyson. Like get that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I did think that was gonna happen. Though I made a bit of money on him not knocking Tyson out. I was like, I think, like he wants to be hated, but not that much. Yeah, you know, because someone someone likened it, like to put it in a basketball perspective, it would be like watching Michael Jordan now getting crossed up by mister Beast.
Speaker 3: If he was to knock him out.
Speaker 1: You know, we're just ruin your your memory of it. Does this change how you see how you remember Mike Tyson?
Speaker 3: Not really, No neither, because he's fifty eight and he's still a badass.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Like, and you watch some of that footage of him and the youngest ever heavyweight champion of the world. He was fucking psycho. It was the way he did it too. Yeah, and he's obviously chilled out. He's discovered psilocybin and weed, yep, and he's basically on a diet of that. He's got his own marijuana farm and factory and brand.
Speaker 1: He was selling THHC gummies in the shape of an ear.
Speaker 3: That's good, so you could chill on them. That's good. So like so he's found a new zen and found a new way of chilling out. So now it doesn't change the way for me. I still think he'll make hundreds of cameos and movies ou till he dies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one hundred percent. No, it doesn't change it for me either. What it does change is I won't be watching another one of those those sort of things live. But the thing is the next one he'll find someone. It'll be kind of McGregor or something like that, and I'll get fucking sucking back in again.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I just want to see how it goes.
Speaker 1: All right, let's take quick break and come back and talk some of the other sports that happened across the weekend. All right, it was an absolute sporting binge across the weekend, at least for me and the Snacker Chaney Sports Scholarship with binge watching sport is a sport is still running to enter text chip to three two three six follow the link. You could be in to win the Ultimate ACC Prize pack. Snack Chaney The Ultimate Sports Watching Chip.
Speaker 3: I reckon.
Speaker 1: It's because they can handle a dip. They tasty enough on their own. They handle a dip like no other chip.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, look, Leehart's done a lot of stupid things in his life, a lot. This is not one of them. This is not one of them. They are the best chips of the market, So legend has it.
Speaker 1: He went in to talk to them about what kind of chips he wanted to make, and they said, what kind of chip do you want? He said, what can you do and they said, well, we can kittle fry. They said, what's your best sellers. Yeah, crunkle cuts, we got the extra thick. We can do this. And he goes, could you do all of that to one chip and they said, we've never thought to try it. And out of that was born snaked Chan naka Chanky. So that's why it's the best of all. Yeah, genius genius Hardie Albeck Stay lost thirty points to twenty nine.
Speaker 3: Do we sack Fuzzy yep? Yeah? Have we sacked them already? I think yeah, we sacked Fuzzy. Yeah. Well do we sack raise it? Yeah? It's just put there's a pile on.
Speaker 4: Nah.
Speaker 3: They should have won that. I may know that as well. Seventeen ten at halftime, but then at first ten minutes of the second half, that's when they lost it. Those two quick tries to France just we're missing just a little bit of something something, It's hard to put your finger on it. But we own them in the scrum. Yeah, we were fucking with them in the lineouts. We were nicking a lot of ball, but they were just pisting around and getting through on camroids, on roy Guard and disturbing that quick ball. And they did this and the Irish did the same, and I'm starting to think is it the laxing of the rules as the referee or is it us not being able to protect the ball because they just keep walking through the middle. It was just back pedaling the whole time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Cortiers had a hell of a night. Yeah, and he had them the same thing earlier.
Speaker 3: And then some strange penalties from Dracula and the Georgian referee. Again we always get the Georgian referee and I don't know why. Yeah, strange decisions around. He pained sneakers for what time, wasting at the back of a rack ten meters out from our own line from a kickoff yeah, and it's like what why why would he be time wasting? He was just getting ready to box kick it. Yeah, out its strange. And then the neck role rule that didn't happen. Yeah, more was like what I think? I thought I just missed it, but no, No, they did a replay super slow. I replay. He was just clear, he's cleared the ruck. And then you had DuPont rolling around the ground holding his ribs waiting for a replay. So he's on the ground pretending foxing that he got injured so he could milk the replay for foul play, and nothing happened.
Speaker 1: He just got cleared out of the ruck. But that's not time wasting, no, So.
Speaker 3: I called him Puss after that. So Antoine Dupuss, who got out played in the first half by roy Guard.
Speaker 1: Well I wrote that down is roy Guard better than DuPont.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't say. I wouldn't go that far because DuPont actually think he went to fullback in the second half because the other half back came on and he went either to fullback or wing. I can't remember. They just leave him out there. They just put a leaving. It doesn't matter me now, he's still class, but he didn't have a great first half, but he certainly didn't kind of stamp this mark in the second half. And I don't know, Yeah it was they'll know that. Allles will know that they they let that one slip. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I feel like the all backs up until the last World Cup were always just a chance to score from anywhere, and that's how they won. You know, even in that last twenty minutes, it's like, yeah, this is close. All they need is just that that one pass and all of a sudden, Will Jordan's into the backfield and we've won the game. And that isn't happening anymore.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You know, maybe I'm saying that because I had twenty dollars on Will Jordan anytime try screwer.
Speaker 3: I jumped in on the special any any half back, starting half back to score to three bars.
Speaker 1: I was like boom, yeah, oh that try was great. Just took DuPont's lollies and just boom. It was the kind of koala hag into an intercept. Ye, I've never seen that before, neither it was. It was what but that came off the back of a dominant scrum. I haven't seen a scrum fucked someone up like that in a long time.
Speaker 3: To Mighty Williams was on fire, and again the Dracula keep resetting the scrum as opposed to Yeah, it's our advantage that he popped them up so many times and then he'd come back for a reset. I said, your recent we just owned them. It would just destroyed them. And that should, if anything, be adjudicated on vibe the vibers.
Speaker 1: We fucked them up. Our penalty, our penalty.
Speaker 3: If I have no idea about scrum penalties, I would challenge anyone to know what the exact rules are. So but you're right, the vibers were sucking the mark and they were doing their best to just disrupt it, and they would have been so happy with a reset. Yeah. And then to Mighty Williams was just as confused, and I think he approached Dracula the the referee to ask him what's going on and lint and lint down, but lent straight into the the police body camdy cam footage. So there's a great shot of to Mighty Williams who looks like the world's biggest baby, like he's got his giant head and he's like looking sideways. It's the fish eye lens of the Mighty Williams talking to the referee. Yeah, I don't know. I felt for them.
Speaker 1: I have asked Angus Tavl about that. Like I was like, it's like a scrum dice. He's like, bro, to be honest, it is before the games, they have a yarn with the refs, and the refs will tell them what they're looking for, and so it'll be things like if I see your elbow go down this way, if I see your back rounding instead of being straight, if your leagues are at a certain air goll blah blah blah, and so those are the cues that the referees are looking for to show that they've popped or they've lost this or whatever for me, or they go down, yeah, that kind of thing. And so they're looking for physical cues because it all happened so quickly, that's what they're basing it off. So he was like, the whole idea is to show the ref a good picture, as the term they is, so he's in the right position, and that's how you avoid getting thing. But he said even then, like you don't you don't know where they're looking. If they're looking at you at the right time. Blah blah blah. Yeah, but if we as fans and him as a player don't even really understand, like, it's not good for the game.
Speaker 3: No it's not. And there's a lot of chat around the scrumm resetting and all that kind of carry on. You know, I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's a Georgian referee, to be fair. Yeah, he's always going to want to see more scrums.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he loved a scrumb. Yeah, he loved a scrumb. Yeah. But I mean, look, there's a couple of unusual decisions that went our way as well in that game. But the decision to kick three points is five minutes to go. How did you feel about that? Ah? I was in two minds. It was decisive from dog roll to do that, but then at backfired when they had to run one hundred meters to score yeah, at the end of the match. Yeah, So that's why I was struggled, and we struggled to return the kickoffs.
Speaker 1: We would always end up just way back down our own end and you're like, well hang on, we're just yeah, and.
Speaker 3: Then we'd clear it and they'd have a line out on the twenty two. Yeah, so I think even that the fact that we struggled to get out of our twenty two from kickoffs would have signaled buckles to score a try here and put it out of put a get a bit of distance between us, so the French have to score try to beat us, not a penalty.
Speaker 1: You're right in some ways the last sort of five minutes some that game up, we were just pinned on our own line trying to score one hundred meter to try it. Yeah, and you know we're capable of it, but we just weren't able to do there. I agree with you. I think it was the right move. I think it's a test match you've got to get because all it would have taken is another penalty and now all of a sudden we'll get a game winning shot. Yeah, so I think. I mean, I obviously think the post should be taken off the field, but if this is how we're going to be playing rugby, then.
Speaker 3: Give you some shot. But one point away.
Speaker 1: They still had like ten twelve minutes left, I think.
Speaker 3: And how's the wheels on the French wing game? Oh my god, the scrum cap remote sevid piece did he what sevid piece looked like he was.
Speaker 1: Injured or something. He just gassed him for that try. I don't think severe is expected it at all. He knew where the guy was. I just don't think he knew how fast that dude is. Yeah, and when he basically walked past them and oh shit.
Speaker 3: Is rapid.
Speaker 1: He was man every kickchase. He was just lying down the sideline there. But yeah, I just think that all blocks just lacked the twist on the end of the punch there. A little bit disappointing, But to be honest, we're going to what next weekend Smack.
Speaker 3: Italy, Smack Italy on Sunday. I'm like, I thought they would have taken you know, three out of four games on this Northern tour. Yeah, pretty tough though, backing up in England, Ireland and then straight into France. Yeah, not as much as Wales have had a shitter where is well.
Speaker 1: They got humped fifty ten fifty to twenty against Australia.
Speaker 3: Eleventh straight defeat and doesn't get much better for them. They play South Africa next week.
Speaker 1: Got ours sick of whale has been a good rugby team as Australian rugby.
Speaker 3: Back seems like it I mean it seems like it. They've got their tails up. They have a couple of good wins over in the Northern Hemisphere. I hope it is because it's good for us. They're teams. Yeah, it is good for us.
Speaker 1: We as much as we hate it, we need the Australian Super Rugby teams and we need them to be good and we need people in Australia to give a shit about them for the competition to be in a better position at least financially.
Speaker 3: They've got good enough players.
Speaker 1: We're sort of talking about it last year when at the start of Super odd last season, the start of Super Rugby, the Aussie teams were good again and we're like, this is what we wanted and now we've got it and it sucks, but we need.
Speaker 3: To take it. They're good players.
Speaker 1: I think obviously Sly he's been great and there's a couple of games.
Speaker 3: Yeah, good to them. Have a rock star Sally Like they needed someone to hang their hopes on and I think that that's him.
Speaker 1: I think Tom Wright is fucking tremendous. They're fallback. He is outstanding. He just looks like a sparky or something, some sort of trade but every time he touched it, He's got to touch the will Jordan's about him. Yeah, just burst into the backfield. You're like, what did he really do?
Speaker 3: There was a swerve.
Speaker 1: So I think that back and I think it's good for world rugby, not just Super Rugby. Black Ops lost to Sri Lanka. I don't really care about that. The only the only reason I do care is because that means your league about three way from Friday.
Speaker 3: Small technicality here and I probably didn't communicate it this. I was actually one of the third one day at New Zealand to win. Oh you see the one on Sunday? Did I? I thought that was the third one? Damn it? When's the third one? I think it's tomorrow because for some reason I thought the second game was on Friday and the third one was on Sunday when I saw the schedule. That's my own, that's my own buck up. But if we win the third one, i'm i'm I'm I'm going to argue it. But the dat, I don't think anyone cares about that because in ten days time and I yeah, England series starts twenty eighth ye of November. Yeah, and the first test down in christ hitch acc coverage live and free on I Heart Radio. So that's what everyone kids about. This one here seems like it's just a bit of a gap fellow, A little bit, Yeah, a little bit. I don't hear.
Speaker 1: Crockett doesn't travel well. And when they're over there, we don't really care unless it's under you. Unless it's under you, and unless we've just won two test matches, then we'll start giving a shit about the third one.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I don't agree. I don't love that one either.
Speaker 1: All Right, dude, we've got a couple of.
Speaker 3: I don't know how to attack this one.
Speaker 1: Did you see the footage of the marathon woman that was up on the story yesterday?
Speaker 4: Is that?
Speaker 3: Is it a marathon or is it a triathlon? I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think we've got the audio here of the marathon.
Speaker 3: One hard as she could and she went falling. So what's happened here? Yes, as a you know, motorbikes follow all the runners and film them as they're going. She spotted there the cameraman on the back of the motorbike and has informed them that she has shared herself. Yes, and to not filming from behind. Yes, Listen, we listen to it again hard as she could, and she went fall in myself. It's a reasonable request.
Speaker 1: It is my question for you. You've done a few half marathons. Have you ever shoot yourself?
Speaker 3: Not during a half marathon? No, not during running. I've shut myself in general and that, but there was a medical issue. But I have not done it while physically exercising.
Speaker 1: But I do love how she just straight down the barrel of ship myself.
Speaker 3: I don't film by me.
Speaker 1: So a matter of fact, there is no sport you could get me to do where I would keep going after I ship myself.
Speaker 3: I know I was thinking that must be quite uncomfortable. You get terrible chafing.
Speaker 1: What's the I mean, I know you trained hard for it, and whatever. God, if I shit myself doing anything, that's it. I'm done doing whatever it is that I'm doing about I'm going home. Yeah, I've shipped myself and going home. I don't think anyone would begrudge you for a ben like Yet Famously, Matt Bell, form New Zealand cricketer, famously shared himself and his whites and it went all the way down and only stopped at the garters at the bottom of his whites. I mean, I guess if I'm betting. If I'm betting and I'm on ninety and I ship myself, I'll probably get to one hundred and retire.
Speaker 3: You certainly get rid of the close in fielders. Oh shit, I'd be like, oh god, he's shit himself.
Speaker 1: They bring on a spinner and they're closing on me because because I'm about to break crack the tent and then I deploy the feces and.
Speaker 3: Just clear the area.
Speaker 1: I just don't think that there'd be anything that I care about enough to keep going after I shit myself.
Speaker 3: And also yelling at a camera that you've shot yourself. The cameras rolling, I've got audio. Yeah, god bless it. She just didn't on the footage out. Yeah, that fair enough, and that's probably double down. It's probably worse than what the original footage would have been. Yeah, one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: And just quickly on the social media front as well. Have you seen the American football toss that they're doing at the moment, So this is instead of a coin toss, they are flying a helicopter over the top of the field and then they drop a ball and then it's whoever can get the ball first, they get to kick off. I think this is brilliant. This is what I want to see from the NRL. You know how they want to ban or get rid of the kickoff. Yeah, we'll swap it with us. Then drop the ball. Both teams start on their own goal line. You drop the ball first player to get it. Like dodgeball. Dodgeball, Yeah, that's dodgeball.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I love this. It's the only guessue I would have with it. A couple of issues.
Speaker 1: First of all, in New Zealand, you'd never get the clearance to fly a helicopter that close to the pitch. It would be a shit show from an OSH perspective. Second of all, if my captain got injured doing that instead of a toss, I'd be so pissed off. Yeah, we're just like blue as Acol trying to get to the ball.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Maybe it's maybe it's something else though, an armory silt or something. Yeah, or a quiz like I got a couple of buzzers and intellectual quiz best of three. It's the whole game of two halves. Yeah, just sit up on a halfway with the buzzer Ben.
Speaker 1: It's just Laura McGoldrick deciding which side they go to. All right, let's start to take one more quick break. When we come back, we will get to yours please, yours please, because there's been so many of them across the weekend. But there's also been developments in the headphone saga.
Speaker 3: So we'll be right back to digest that.
Speaker 1: If you didn't listen to any of the podcasts last week, there's been allegations flying back and forth. Not back and forth, they all go in one direction, and the allegation has been that the Big Show is stealing our headphones.
Speaker 3: Now, one of the.
Speaker 1: Wildest paradoxes of working in radio is that there you will never find a radio station that has enough headphones.
Speaker 3: I don't know what it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no station ever has enough headphones, and our station is no different, despite the fact that we're not a radio station.
Speaker 3: But our headphones go walkies all the time. It's like kitchen community.
Speaker 1: Never have spoons, that's rights or forks, or they have forks but no spoons, spoons but no forks, blah blah knives. So we had accused the Big Show of stealing our headphones. Yep, they came back at us and said that we're a half assed podcast, but.
Speaker 3: Which is true.
Speaker 1: No, they're not wrong, but they didn't really deny the allegations. They then went on to say that they had blah blah blah. You know that's on them in the past, but now they don't. They hide their own headphones and if anyone it's not there. This is the latest update. This is what they had to say on their show on Friday. Now, there's something very obvious that has happening here. There's somebody else that does a radio show in between when we do it and when they go in to do the podcast, and that is the breakfast Show.
Speaker 3: The breakfast Show, correct, the Breakfast Show.
Speaker 5: Are the ones that are stealing your headphones every single day because they also steal ourt.
Speaker 3: I'm so pissed off by the allegations. I'm going to go in there and start stealing their headphones.
Speaker 5: I tell you what would pay them back? Then you should start going into that little office. Who've got to the side and start stealing all those bags of chips.
Speaker 3: I want to do that, now, start doing that. Just start doing it. Start doing that. No, start doing that right now? What do you want? He is Jason Hoyt is the biggest chip thief on the planet.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's to the point where Ella works out in the office. She is in charge of the chip stocks and she had to handwrite a sign and put it on the side of the stack of chips, please stop taking these chips for the snack of Chinese sports scholarship winners. And then in brackets looking at you, Jason.
Speaker 3: Hood and what do you know? Have you've seen the state of those boxes. It's like a rat has been in them.
Speaker 1: And that rat goes by the name of Jason Hoyt. Can I just say, like, just be slightly more subtle about it.
Speaker 3: You could have opened the box with a knife and put it put the box back so it looks like no one's in there, but it's just all torn open. Yeah, I mean the burglars have been through. Yeah, here we go. So okay, he skin revenge by eating less and there's chips. Well done.
Speaker 1: Also revenge on what you take our headphones and then you get revenge on us for what Yeah, chips.
Speaker 3: What I will say is I agree with them. I was.
Speaker 1: Misdirected accusations because they use our studio. Look, they come and use our studio, then our headphones are gone. You know, don't they have a bank held it olf family? I think cut that out. It it is. It's it's the Breakfast Show. And I know that it is because I came in this morning. Would you fucking believe it? The headphones are gone. So I go into the studio. Sure enough, they're in the bloody Hodaki studio and I go, rud it, have you bloody taken a hit?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: Sorry, many, I was going to bring them back. I just got caught up doing this.
Speaker 3: Mother. I don't mind if you take them.
Speaker 1: Just bring them back because we, you know, are now involved in the stoush with the Big Show. Then're now going to start stealing our headphones and our chips. Now they've got beef in two between Breakfast and the Big Show, so it's all gone.
Speaker 3: Tet's up.
Speaker 1: I'd like to arsue a formal apology to the Big Show. It's not you, it's Breakfast. It's fucking Breakfast. So look, I think the beef squash from my end at lea.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Look, but if if we touches those chips again, I'm gonna sweep the leg. All right.
Speaker 1: It as a Monday. We've got so many to get through. We can only get through a handful. Let's get to yours please.
Speaker 3: Yours please.
Speaker 2: Brought to you by Leader Home of the.
Speaker 3: Team, thirty eight Tom The Agenda Podcast. We go to the lines, now yours please. There's just sitting here watching the rubber.
Speaker 5: I can't help but notice Raisor Robinson has got some.
Speaker 3: Very dark, baggy looking eyes at that moment. Has he been bitten by the vampire? Yeah, well potentially potentially. Look the Georgian referee has looked dangerously like like a vampire. Yes, I know, but he's desperately hold onto that here, isn't he? Yes, He's going to have to let go of it at something.
Speaker 1: I mean, look, and this is each man's individual decision to make. I don't want to besmirch anyone who's you know, currently facing that decision. But there is a point where it's becoming it's almost trump esque at this point, you know what I mean, because it's starting to sweep around a little bit in every interview you see him, the first five minutes of him fucking with his fringe for a bit. Just take it to the woodshed, Raiser, you're the all Blacks coach man. When no one's going to know any less of you what he needed to do. He's missed opportunity here. It was before his first game. Take it to the woodshed, just buzz and then be like, right, this is a signal to the country. I'm here taking this seriously. Yeah, but yeah, I don't know. He may have been bitten by the vampire. Another call here, yours, please.
Speaker 3: Get our lads.
Speaker 4: Troy here from the Tron. Just touching on that comment around getting a camel for some savi's last test in Hamilton. At worst, you could probably get a nil packer or a lama as long as it's fucking sexy, let's be honest, Ture.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, I mean, but you've got little l ambniium. Some say he looks like an ol packer, so it's kind of I don't know. Wouldn't want to go into Jimy nishrom territory with an ol packer.
Speaker 1: That's a good point. That is a good point. They are Kamelod's. They are from the same species of animal pseudo ruminants three stomach chambers as opposed to the usual four that you're finding cows and other ruminants. But I don't think I think it has to be a camel. He's the sixty camel. He's not the sixy Lama, the six packer. Have you seen a camel in Newsyand I.
Speaker 3: Said this last week. I don't think I had. Nah, I don't think I have.
Speaker 1: We came very very close to sharing a camel at one point in my life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we really wanted to.
Speaker 1: And the guy who managed the farm said, yep, tomorrow morning, if you guys are up to it, share that camel. Where was this in the UK? And then the owner came down the next hour. I was like, no, do not share my camel.
Speaker 3: Fair enough I saw.
Speaker 1: I walked into the paddic and there was this giant hay like pile of Hey, you know there's old school piles of hay, and then stood up.
Speaker 3: It was the camel.
Speaker 1: It was fucking enormous and I'm thankful that we didn't have to share it because Alarma tossed me clean across a cage one day.
Speaker 3: Anyway, we don't need to share a camel. You don't need to share Alarma either.
Speaker 1: But the other one was a tapier. We're at a zoo and Wales and they were like, our tapia is really struggling he's just.
Speaker 3: Rolling around England and with a pair of shears. Yes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one day I forgot to shut the boot and all the shears fell across one of the main major highways, brought it to his knees. Anyway, our thing was, we're not going to say no to anything that you want us to shout. I gotta I gotta be honest. I for Tapia was on the resume. It would be hilarious.
Speaker 3: But no.
Speaker 1: So I've seen camels in a lot of different places. Ever, have I seen one in New Zealand. I don't think Yeah, I don't even think they've got any of the zoo, certainly not at the Awuklands Zoo.
Speaker 3: I did a Google search and it is supposedly in New Zealand. There are no camels in New Zealand. Ah, so that means we're gonna have to go look sharp and buy one of those like those inflatable costumes two men, yeah, or the one with the inflatable where it's at the front and you're the back legs, you know, and you're the camera. Yeah. Yeah, So they might have to go full comedy.
Speaker 1: I like the idea of a two man camel situation, and they release us out under the pitch in Hamilton.
Speaker 3: It's very top gun. Yeah, monty python. But anyway, someone reach out.
Speaker 1: If anyone's seeing a camel in New Zealand, there must be one, mustn't there a camel?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I don't know when I see top top secret, top secret, when they when they do the cow and the ball comes and hums them and then a calf comes and see. Anyway, I believe.
Speaker 1: Australia has the second largest population of camel's outside of the Middle East.
Speaker 3: So should get one over Yeah, we could get one. It must be a taxi doomied one somewhere, stuffed camel.
Speaker 1: Well, but do we have the rights for that lane, because of course we have to give the hawk back.
Speaker 3: Because native so we can put casters on it and as we let around the ground. Okay, there must be.
Speaker 1: Someone help us out here. We're just tune in looking for a camel, all right, that's help us out. A couple want to get to yours.
Speaker 2: You absolute muppets.
Speaker 5: Sharp knives or knives that you want to keep sharp, do not go on the dishwasher.
Speaker 1: They get hand washed.
Speaker 3: The dishwashing cycles away.
Speaker 5: Them and then you end up with a fucking glove knife.
Speaker 2: Jesus, have you were you taught nothing?
Speaker 3: Fuck South canabary? Okay, what kind of dishwasher blunts are? Blade?
Speaker 4: Spart?
Speaker 3: Water around and around it at at pace? Yeah, so water at pace blunts a knife.
Speaker 1: No not in my experience. The only thing that blunts a knife is hitting salt like steels or bones.
Speaker 3: So do you think, well they're talking about there is potentially if you chuck a sharp knife and amongst the other utensils, Yes, and they're banging against each other. Definitely. Okay.
Speaker 1: A guy came into Hodaki one day and he was a knife sharp knit.
Speaker 3: I don't know, I can't remember. He was the knife blacks was he? He might have been a knife black got the bonus then, yeah, he's on boning champions.
Speaker 1: But uh And he was saying he oh, because I actually asked them if he could sharpen my knives for me, because he had a whitstone with them. Anyway, he said, well I can, but the thing is you're just going to put them back in the drawer with all your other knives and then they're gonna end up dull. And I was like, yeah, that's a good point, so I don't put my knives and my sharp knives with my other knives. But I do put them in the distruction. I'm gonna be honest. That fine, that's fine. They're still sharp as fuck. Yeah, you can shave your arm with them. So yeah, I think they're fine. But I knew that would pass a lot of people off to hear that. I just toss them in the dishwasher. There that one one more, call it yours bits.
Speaker 6: If there's one thing I know how to do, it's be a petty little bitch.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 6: So here's how you get the big show for your headphone theft. You get some black grease, a really little bit of your finger and just rub it around the aircups so when they put it on the areas, then we lift with a big black fucking a ring on the side of your head and getting grease off yourself, especially on your face. It's a non newsy job. They're gonna be looking.
Speaker 3: Like pillocks all day anyway.
Speaker 2: Who fuck South.
Speaker 1: Canterbury brilliant, brilliant, And the thing I love so much about that is we put it on our own headphones so that whoever it is that's stealing it, it's like a it's a perfect crime because only the person who steals them will be impacted.
Speaker 3: Yeah. It's a fairly nuclear option though, isn't it, Because that's the headphone's done, that's our own headphones. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well now we've got the decoy set.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, put them in there. Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 1: It's the old school binoculars, color around the binoculars trick.
Speaker 3: I think we'll have to do.
Speaker 1: But the problem is what's going to happen is a guest will come into the Hierarchy Breakfast Show and we'll be collateral damage and we'd have to apologize to the un for a.
Speaker 3: Year because I've been putting them on. And they'll be in the car wash as well. Yeah it'll be someone. It'll be someone famous the Yeah, someone that's just launched a book.
Speaker 1: They come through, like the other day, if Neil Wagner had to come through and we bloody ambushed him. Yeah, and now all of a sudden, he's going to go into the Hits, He's going to go to Coast, got to go on Breakfast.
Speaker 3: T the Covin and Grease, Coven and Grease.
Speaker 1: I'm willing to take the risk for finding the headphone's gone.
Speaker 3: One more time. I'm willing to take the risk.
Speaker 1: All right, that'll do us for a Monday edition of the Agenda Podcast. Thank you very much for tuning in, and we'll be back again tomorrow for a Tuesday episode of the Gender Podcast.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to The ACC's a gender podcast brought to you by Export Ultra. For more episodes, like and follow on iHeartRadio if you'll get your podcasts