Speaker 1: Live for the Export Beer Gardens Studio and brought to you by Export Ultra the Beer for Here. This is the Agenda Podcast for Wednesday, the tenth of July.
Speaker 2: The Agenda Podcast, the home of Sporting Nonsense and the Clap Trap, brought to you by Export Vulture.
Speaker 1: Morning Lane. You're in the middle of school holiday. Hell yep, and we're also thrown in the mix of dog.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we've got someone at our house filming a flooring advert.
Speaker 1: Oh got good flooring bear well apparently.
Speaker 3: But they've had to leave the house at seven am with all the kids and the dog in school holidays, so the dogs another It's a real, real kind of night. Yeah, better left field for me because I'm a big anti bring the dogs to work. Yes kind of guy you are, and here you are. Yeah, but that's for necessity. I came in one door into a room, locked it in that room, and I'm going to go straight at the back door.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to parade it round looking for hugs.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to let it shit all over the floor and then rub it in with a non absorbent paper towel.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know what it's doing in there right now. To be fair if there was a room to shoot. And it's that because genuinely the other day I thought it had stepped in dog shit and it turned out it was these boxes that were sitting next to my desk. Yeah, that had.
Speaker 3: The white ferns signed bats and the yes yeah one of those demauts will send to Yes, yep, we'll still get a couple.
Speaker 1: But I moved them into that room there because that's not like shit.
Speaker 3: Okay, don't blame my dog. Then people going it like ship, I'm going to go to the croocket.
Speaker 1: Crookd bats another steaming pile of dog ship that's on the floor. I happy birthday for yesterday. Thank you.
Speaker 3: Obviously took the day off to focus on what was what was important to you, and that was hanging out with your your partner, your life partner and partner.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, we did nothing too raucous to to report back after that. Once you get over a certain age, birthdays just sort of come and go, don't they do. You'd almost rather not mark the occasion.
Speaker 3: Not a lot of coming, just heaps to going, heaps to go.
Speaker 1: And I said to my partner this year, I was like, look, genuinely, don't get me anything, like whatever, give me card, whatever, And when guys say that, we genuinely mean that. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Okay, So if he's any female listeners out there, when it says, don't worry about it, I don't want anything, we actually mean it, not like you guys when I say you guys women who say don't give me anything, and then as soon as you don't, they just text all their friends.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, they didn't give me anything. It's because they don't want to ask for it. They don't want to be seen to be asking for it. They want you to be like, I want to do this way. I want I want to whereas dudes and they said I give me they genuinely meant just I'm sweetly Yeah, I happily just park up on the couch, do nothing for a day at KFC and get a BJ And I did two out of three of those things. KFC was shut, but it wasn't. It was open. It's always open. So that's been my day. But the reason was I was like, look, we're going over to Germany this year. I've got a special envoy. On the way back, I have to do a tour of the Middle East to try wrangle up again. Yeah, to try and wrangle up funds for podcast washing. Yes, trying to get the Saudi suit case.
Speaker 3: And we're not just talking about us, we're talking about washing the entire sports podcast Yeah, we're not just thinking about ourselves.
Speaker 1: Obviously we'd be at the top of the list. We'll take our casts, yeah, absolutely, But I mean any of those young podcasts is out there looking at and even the old podcast is out there. Wil Simmons can have a bone. Yeah, we'd throw Salites our bone too. You know, he's trying to get things back up and running with the Sports Cafe.
Speaker 3: He'd happily accept the outy money. We'll wash those guys and they take them from strimps to strength.
Speaker 1: But to do that because we don't have the money yet, don't need a little bit of money to fund that trip around there. So that's why I said for my birthday, I don't want anything. I'd rather have the money that you'd spend them in. Now over there with my very important missions. So you can buy a dishdash. So I can buy a dishtash and you know, blend it, get a crispy fade type beard. Yeah. Well, the cat had other plans krok on the Friday, didn't eat all the way through to my birthday. So all day yesterday in the vet and all that money that I told her save wiped gone. How much did it cost to kill the cat? Well, this is a thang. How much petrol would have taken it back over a cat and the driveway? None? I know petrol's expensive, but they've just taken the regional field tex off would have been about twenty cents. But no, I'll tell you what. It's a she's an expensive habit. Well, and the other thing is this is my own fault for not having any sort of insurance. I generally go no insurance on anything and just risk it. I'm like, over the lifetime of a car, a pet, not a house. That's an exception. Yeah. Health, No, I don't have any health insurance. I'm just like, I'll roll the dice, and I figured it's going to be cheaper. Wow? Or was I wrong on this one? Exciting opportunity for anyone that wants to be the pet insurance sponsor of the Agenda podcast. Good fucking do it it? Yeah? Yeah, so yeah, anyway, the old cadade strikes again, and it's wiped out the debt. But yesterday I did have the chance to sit down and listen to the podcast You and Joe and I wanted to address someone that DMed the show and was like, we should the FUX South Canterbury Social Club jerseys. We should sell them and then send the funds back to the Heartland team so that they can go and challenge for the Shield. I literally posted that as soon as that thing came up. Did you I feel like someone read my comment. I don't think they initially intentionally plagiarized it. I think they read it, went away and then we're in the middle of the night. Well, I've got an idea, but he was. He was suggesting any team that win the Heartland I was suggesting any team we play against.
Speaker 3: Okay, now, he was suggesting any team that win the Heartland competition to help fund their Ramfly Shield challenge the following year we create merch for Yeah. Well, now, and you're saying, as South Canterbury have won at the last seven.
Speaker 1: Years, three years, so nothing's going to change there. Now I'm saying that I had that idea and I feel like it was plagiarized. But yeah, they've won every year for the last three years, so well, let's start.
Speaker 3: It's crowdfund because they're going to have to play either Whiteat or Hawks Bay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was Hawks Bay this year. They couldn't afford to get up there. And I feel like we could have done something about it, if you know, because the story didn't come out until after it was already too late. Some people are saying they didn't want to go just purely because they'd give another spanking. Yeah, but why not go out there and get a spanking. It's the only game they've lost since what two thousand and one, and Hawks Bay may share some of the reason. That's a good point. Different stuff up there, different kind of reason. They've got different supplies. I wanted to address. Oh, the other thing I heard you said on the podcast was the chat about Graham and the review thing.
Speaker 3: They do do that every week every week he stands in that boardroom yes yeah, and justifies either bad decisions or good decisions yes.
Speaker 1: And this is why it pisses me off so much, because this happens almost every week, and it's like they'll come out on Monday and say, yeah, that shouldn't have been a penalty, or it should have been a penalty blah blah blah, and it's like, okay, well now what And even in that clip that you played yesterday, he was like, it's not good enough. You know, we expect to do better. It's like win because how many weeks in a row have you fucking stood up here and said the exact same thing? So at what point are you is saying it's not like it's not good enough? Okay?
Speaker 3: Well there were There's no consequence, isn't it. But I suppose that's them trying to be transparent. And I suppose it's wets where it's a little bit different to Rugby because Rugby has never come out no with that kind of analysis on referees, because otherwise they'd go that Georgian referee and go.
Speaker 1: Yeah yep, he was that probably might yeah, yeah, I know, and you're right, it is and if it to be transparent and to try and calm things down, but when things like this happen, it just infuriates people. I'd almost rather not hear that from them, you know what I mean? And then I know, if you're them, you blood, well, then what do you want us to do?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You can't you keep laying what do you want us to do? Well, what I want is you've got the bunker. You've got two people sitting in that bunker, you got a million replays. You're stopping the game down for the shit anyway? Get it right? Or been the bunker? Yeah, you can't. There can't be a review. That's the whole point of the bunker is to review what's going on the field. And he still sucked it up. It's like the bunker of they can only concentrate on one thing at a time. That was like they were focusing on he'd neck in contact. They didn't notice that it was seven seconds late? Yeah, how how can so? You couldn't see you didn't have the ball anyway? What I reckon the fix is because for that referee, I already can't remember who the referee was. He's going to go back to his Sydney apartment and none of his friends are ever going to bring it up with them because they're not Warriors fans. No one that he sees in the street this legism is ever going to bring it up because he's not at the pubs in Auckland in New Zealand and crush it. So what I want is a bit of accountability because there's an unconscious bias against the Warriors, and it's that they're not going to ever get called out for it. Let's move all the refs in New Zealand then step one, yes, put them up in South Auckland. Step two the players, if they have a shocker, they are expected to front up and talk to the media, and the media tear strips off them. Yeah, you dropped this ball, you missed this tackle, This was careless. You guys could have won if you had done this, You missed the cack whatever. Put the riff up there, I guess so. Like, but then if you are I'm gathering this.
Speaker 3: They struggle to recruit referees from junior level all the way through volunteering, all the way through to the professional level. And if you're if you're a volunteer and you're like, I want to be an NROL riff and then you've seen an NRA l rif getting scorn of shreds from making bad decisions like.
Speaker 1: I just stick to concrete lane, Well then here's another layer to that. They can wear whatever sponsors apparel they want in that interview as well, So this now becomes a cash generator for them. So they're going to sit in front of it, and this clip is going to go that one of the late shot from the weak gutted Dog jam and Salmon that would have gone viral. Everyone's playing it absolutely everywhere. He sets up there with an acc a gender podcast shit, and then we pay him in an export ultras And it's the roundabout.
Speaker 3: Way of having first hand witness the state of referees in age group rugby.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think it's a tough road finding people to do it. We had a guy in the weekend who lost his complete rag at an under twelves team started calling all the players seeing next Tuesdays under twelve yeap eleven years old. Yeah, and he was calling them seeing next Tuesdays. This is the referee by the way, Wow, he absolutely lost his mind. Yeah, and so if that's the state of it, we probably need to encourage him a bit more. And maybe I don't know, it needs to be a memore a positive flight. He wasn't he wasn't in a good mental state when he was That referee got mentally disintegrated by eleven year olds.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's weak. I don't know. There needs to be some sort of it was silverdelle those we can't just keep having this happen, and it's like, okay, so you've done at us again? Yeah, and that was like sorry, I know, well, how many times would you It's one of these things.
Speaker 3: Beginning to live with it, and now I think that's where they how the Warriors, I think for the first time, I think it was last year, they had a bit of a come to Jesus moment where they are like, this is our lot. We're always going to get the rubber of the grass while we have to play an extra ten percent better than the other team to actually yeah when but.
Speaker 1: It's become even harder because the six again thing. You don't even know what the six again was for and you never stopped the reviewer, so you'll never see that. So it's like, yeah, yes, we're getting those ten percent extra calls. Now they are even more disguised, so it's like, fuck, how can you actually anyway? Speaking of what every week?
Speaker 3: Speaking of which, the penalty that got against Damie McKenzie iMac was it a penalty or was a scrum?
Speaker 1: Was it a scrum or a penalty a time waste? They call it a short anyway, So they're bringing bringing the shot clock to the big screen. This has driven me, it's the most rugby shit of all time to be like, hey, we've got a shot clock. You're like, okay, where is it? Yeah, because when they brought shot clocks into basketball, every high school gym in the country had one. Whether it worked or not, they had one. It's on top of the fucking hope that you're shooting at cricket, have a cracket, have a clock. Shot Now a shot clock.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so between overs that actually counts down?
Speaker 1: Oh really yeah?
Speaker 3: So World Cup you would have seen that they have a minute to change in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's it. And so you can't bring in a rule like a shot clock and not have the shot clock there. Yeah, it makes no sense because how One, how's the kicker supposed to know? Two? It adds a bit of drama for the for the fans as well, because they're watching the thing Jannis and the Greek freak. He was taking so long to shoot his free throws that they brought in a shot clock for that, And so because fans were sitting on the sideline counting as he's shooting his free remember that. Yeah, and so now they've had to bring in the shot clock there. But it's like, I don't know, you can't say you've brought on a shot clock when you actually haven't. And if you're not gonna the clock, where's the shot clock? Where's the clock? Yeah? Exactly, you haven't brought in a shot clock because there isn't one. I can't see it. Don't leave it up to Georgian referee who's under immense pressure just to blow the whistle. Also, like, you know, so we go one Mississippi two Missus be how long does that take to say? In Georgian? It could be way quicker? Yeah, evidently it was. He's he's like doing, what's the biggest river in Europe? The Danube? One Danube? Two Danius. It's got quicker than one Mississippi. Yeah, that's right, that's a good point. One one Tigris one New Friddy's one. Why uh? But what I don't understand this weekend is going to be I know there's a massive screen at one end. Oh, there is another screen at the other end, but it's off to the side. I suppose that's good enough, isn't it? Yeah? And yeah, and it's what is it?
Speaker 3: I think, but I heard in Super Rugby the referee, well go you got you got the twenty seconds, yeah, you got fifteen, you got, you've got ten seconds.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like I've heard that Georgian riverage is iced every one out. Yeahs last ten minutes. Yeah. He was like, wasn't talking anyone, He was like, fact fair in fact, don't be the one who makes the zep Yeah, because you know, planes get shot down for this kind of ship back where he's from. So I don't know, there's going to be a shock. Like that'll be the end of that. We'll never have to deal with it again. Just quickly before we go to an air break. Lulusun, who's been the biggest story of the sporting world in New Zealand here for the last three days. She got knocked out this morning out of three sets. So she made a good, good fist of it. Knocked out of the competition. She became the first New Zealand woman to reach the Wimbledon quarter finals in the open era. She lost to Croati has done a Vickage in three sets. The match against Vickage, because she had to qualify, was her eighth match, but Vickage only this was her fifth. Yeah, so you know, if you if you shift, you know, time adjusted. She actually won Wimbledon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, from tier now as well, from tennis club. I heard the chairman of the tennis club getting interviewed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's pretty funny.
Speaker 3: It's pretty it's pretty funny, like they've just got a club with you know, three or four courts.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: She spent a few teenage years there, and she would spank all the senior men's champions as a thirteen year old, and then when she comes home for holidays, she just brings them up and goes, can I use a court for a bit? I need can you get me some people to head it angst? And again they roll out the champion men's senior player. It just gets schooled.
Speaker 1: They'll probably take the summer off this time around.
Speaker 3: They might have to hire Andreagison's dragon or whatever to spit balls back.
Speaker 1: Down at here. Yeah, she might go and train in the glow womb caves, just hitting balls into the glow womb caves all night. But anyway, it was it was a massive effort and it's good stuff because really got the country and behind.
Speaker 3: It's good stuff because I had no idea, we had even a professional woman's player on the circuit.
Speaker 1: You.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and if someone said it, what's the name, I wouldn't.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't have a close So great, it's great. On the game lat she plays with Coco Golf, Paula red Cliff, Yeah, Paula Redcliffe, Danuel Redclif don't know we do have one. But yeah, you're right, I didn't know that. I didn't know. Bring on, bring on the US Open, and that everyone loves her. They've asked for her racket to chuck in the museum there as well, and no, yeah, they want to put it in Wimbledon. I'm just slid off his chair laughing there. I think there was a coughing fit. I don't know if i'd stopped down for too long that if I was the wimbled miss him, I mean I would, But like if I'm is it the furtherest a qualifier has got and wimbled? I want to say a canoe. She was in the US Open. Yeah, okay, so it's a key we related one anyway, God blives her. It was great work. I think the US opens next on the Yes tour as far as the Grand Slams go.
Speaker 3: So the way she smacks it the way. She's got a pretty high risk game. She absolutely goes for the winners, and you know, if you smash into the net, if you go long. But obviously, due to her getting as father the majority we're in that would that be conducive to her? This is me blindly going through tennis. Ye would a hard court be a better surface for her? If she's absolutely smoking it rather than the grass so she's a little bit slower, or it's a little bit lower, or the fact that the grass takes a bit of heat off actually amplifies her advantage because she's then heading it that much harder than everyone else.
Speaker 1: Again, we're out of our lane. Here, our lane. Who's the best tennis player? You know? Who knows tennis? One got anyone? Wells played Wells plays like a Steff old Man down at Ymria Rackets. Yeah, yeah, that's a cultural thing. I think. Well, we're going to find out at the US Open, aren't we. Yeah, that's a few weeks away. We have to get a tennis expert onto to break that down. All right, We're going to take a quick break and we come back. We're going to swerve way out of our lane again with a bit more Euros chat. All right, the Europs are going on at them, you already upset them. We've been watching a lot of the Europe's lately. We watched them over breakfast, over the weekend and this morning again on in the office, and everyone's crowded around because we in our office there's heaps of TV screens, but we're the only ones with the remote so we can change the sports.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're the only TV that you can actually shift the channel.
Speaker 1: Everyone else has corporate propaganda, yeah, getting brainwashed, but we always have it on. So people start crowding around, and it's amazing that people who are into the Euros of the Europs at the moment.
Speaker 3: Well, this is the pointy end of Europe's so that's why it's And people are interested in England are involved. Yeah, I mean if it was non England, I don't know af the interest levels would be that.
Speaker 1: It was a couple of former Yugoslavs, then maybe not. But this morning Spain beat France two one two one a goldfest compared to the rest of the games. Yeah, it was. It was. It was almost a goal of half hour in that game. Also, Spain have a child in their team. I don't know if you've seen this. No, this sixteen year old in their team. And Spain is a big country who soccer is their main sport. So to be sixteen and to make it, and like, how good must this could have been just a few months ago? It was fifteen? You know, what were you doing when you were sixteen? Nothing? This is I think I think about this all the time. You know, every now and then you talk about when did you know you weren't going to be an All Black? For me, it was basketball, you know, because I made the North Otago team when I was a kid, and I was like, I'm gonna make the NBA here. And then I was watching the two thousand and eight Olympics and Ricky Rubio was playing again for Spain and he was fifteen and I was fifteen two, and I was like, ah, you're probably not gonna make it, am I if he's already in the Olympics playing against Lebron and Kobe and shit, And I'm like, Otago, you have enough players to make the team. So I got in, you're crossing over kids from South Canterbury. Yeah, yeah, South Otago, Eastga fuck Ito. So yeah, but I think that would have been a big wake up call for a lot of sixteen year old soccer players. Yeah. Oh, because it's not like there's any shortage of Spanish soccer players. Yeah, they're looking good though Spain.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think Piney said when we got them on, he said, that's your form team, the favorites Espanol and he had that wild card in Turkey and they very nearly made it Turkey.
Speaker 1: They were sort of the darlings of the tournament, weren't they. They call them Turkey, now you call Turkey. They were playing so well people had to start pronouncing the name of the country properly. Yeah. Is that a Is that a shift? Is that because all the comments are calling him took it? Yeah, It's like it's the equivalent of when a Polynesian player joins the n r L and has a breakout season and then halfway through the season has to be like hey, just so he goes, no, it's I saw Malawi and everyone oh okay, because I thought, can we kill you? Funny it was. It was Joseph Swahili for the first year of his his career and then everyone's like, oh, so, yeah, it's taken Turkey. I don't know what, how long has that been a country? Just one hundred years? We just gotta heather around the Ottoman empire. Tell us that your turkey. Yeah, well we can handle the bird turkey and all that. Yeah, fine, do you think they tongue around? But I'm also like countries always have a different name than the English name. Yeah, than the English name. But then Japan Nippon Nippon. Yeah, but then you call them Nippon? Yeah? Should we? Now? I don't know that's where the term nips comes from? What like nipples? Why? What you know? Okay, during the war anyway, Please don't English. The English face the Dutch tomorrow morning at seven am and those that will just decide who's going to go in the final against Spain.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so the rod Cones versus English. This is going to be a great game because every English fan is terrified. Yeah their heart, their hearts says, but their heads like going. But I said to a couple of English mates who are quite pumped about this. I said, after the disappointment of the last Euros, where you were red hot all the way through, Paul play all the way through the knockouts, went to the final against Italy as hot favorites and choked and you lost.
Speaker 1: At least this way around, it's been rocky. Yeah, you've started terribly, You've farted your way through penalties. You might just pull this off by coming right for the last two games. Yeah. So and they're like, now, God excited and I see he's still going to lose. Yeah, I got I hope, I hope they do.
Speaker 3: Look at the final. I want them to beat Netherlands. I wanted them to beat the road Cones because I just love England and final. Yeah, I just love them in a final of everything because everyone goes crazy, particularly.
Speaker 1: Sports they invented. Yes, I don't believe they invented. You can't tell me. No one was kicking something around before that was the probably once first put the rules in. I'm sure. I'm sure there were Chinese people kicking around.
Speaker 3: Heads well before that. Yeah, kicking around Mongolian warrior's heads. Yeah, that's right for ships and giggles. But they weren't doing keepy uppies and putting it into the back of a net.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It's a lot like the English saying that they invented America pivo. Yeah, as we know it today. Sure, but people were doing America before you got it anyway. Yeah, I'm looking forward to them getting knocked out in the final as well. I think it'll be tremendous. Now I have released all of my hostages. I was not getting in any information out of Raiser's camp. New set up, isn't it set up? They don't. They don't stand for blackmail, tight lips. They don't stand for black mail. Also, they can't be blackmailed, and that's because they actually don't know who the team's going to be until Raiser actually farts it out, until Razor actually farts it out. So I've had to consult the crystals now because you know, I'm not getting any information if you've just started listening to this podcast. I used to have sources inside the All Blacks camp that would tell me who the team's going to be, team's name tomorrow. I can no longer trust these sources, so I've had to consult the crystals. It is my birthday yesterday, so I'm in my you know, my astrological whatever era. My mercury is in retrogade grade. Yeah, okay, I'm a cancer. You are literally, Yeah, I am a cancer in the locker room, and I've consulted the crystals. This crystals all around my scullness and the amethyst. Anyway, Okay, here's the team. The forward pack stays the same. I don't think makes a single change. There's no injuries to worry about. There is there no look, I agree that.
Speaker 3: I don't think anyone played themselves out of the team and the Ford pack, they were a bit quiet. We didn't see much of Summer Penny. No, Papallini was a bit quiet. Even to Apolo too, was pretty quite. But first game, first game, I thought the scrum was dominant. Yes, the rucking was dominant. We turned over a number of balls with our rucking.
Speaker 1: Artie looks great. Yep, So I agree. I agree with those crystals. No changes. TJ's out. Yes, that means Christie isn't. I don't think that's too big a revelation. I think the crystals have done you good. I see three more changes. Okay, I see Caleb Clark starting at number eleven through no fault of Mark Taliers. The crystals are just telling me Caleb Clark gets a run this weekend instead of he did nothing wrong. I know he did nothing wrong. I just feel like I feel like ras is going to look at it and just go he's at home Jabb of the Butts homeland. He's in Eden Park. Is that what you're saying.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I also feel like it's also Mark Telly's homeground as well. Yeah it is. I also just feel like the air Wingers aren't huge, and I feel like if you could just get a hard running bloke like Caler Clark in there, I think I think Raiser bins Rico and I think he brings dough Bro in. Rico doesn't feel like a Scott Robertson kind of player. I think the same reason that he left Setutu out of the squad, yeah, is the reason why this weekend he drops Rico. That's when Doughbro comes to thirteen and Doughbro comes into thirteen. I can't argue with that. Yep. That's a solid cent appearing of Jordian Dobro. And I think Bowden comes in at full back for the Cheese for the cheese again through no fault of the cheese at all. I just felt like Razer wanted to bring him on earlier. I feel like maybe there was some sort of if it was rust or niggle or some sort of injury. I don't know. I just feel like you don't bring Boden Barrett into your squad unless you think that you're going to start him right, and you're not going to start them at first five over d max. He starts at fifteen. That's what the crystals are saying. It's not bad. It's not bad, but I do.
Speaker 3: It's only Kayleb Clark coming in for Mark Tellier, which I'm a little bit. The rest of it, I can't argue with the crystals.
Speaker 1: We'll find out tomorrow at about eleven thirty, just before we get to an airbreak. It is a Wednesday. I've got a half Bake sports idea, a very quick one to run past you. Yes, let's do it out Half b Sports. Off the back of Damien McKenzie being done for shot clock violation, they're now bringing in a shot clock. I think we moved that into real life shot clock for slow talkers. If I ask you a question and the answer can only be A or B, the shot clock starts yep, you got twenty four seconds to answer, and then I'm fucking swinging And I think this goes for and where does it show up? The shot clock on your forehead or yes, yeah, okay, on my fore head. Yeah, it just comes up maybe if I've got the Google glasses, Yeah.
Speaker 3: And it's just on my over my lenses or it's a heads up display like you know, and then you cars yes, yeah, exactly, and it just flashes up and it's like, hey, I've asked you, is that this or that?
Speaker 1: And if you start giving me a like a rundown of why, it couldn't be the third thing, I'm out violation turnovers. A turn over mean you can just walk away from the conversation. I think, Yeah, I've been around. The only problem is I've asked you a question and I still need to know the answer. I don't. I don't think it's a bad idea.
Speaker 3: I think it also a shot clock around storytellers and some people who don't realize that a story needs a start, a middle, and crucially an end. Yes, obviously, people sometimes just fart around the middle and then and there's no real end. So if there's some sort of shot clock around that as well, Yeah, can I stop you?
Speaker 1: There's this story got a start. Obviously you've started, and you've got a juicy middle and a proper end.
Speaker 3: And if they say no out, But if they say, yeah, ago, you got two minutes, sweet carry you?
Speaker 1: Yeah. Have you thought about whether this would be interesting to the person you're telling it too? Yeah? If the arts is not bad? Have you thought about who else is in the room? Yeah? If you considered the fact that there are other people in the room, they don't give a shit about how your day's gone. Yeah. I just think that there's sometimes particularly when you're in a short mood, you know, had a long day at work. I remember one day pulling up to a restaurant were going out for dinner. We had a reservation, and there was a massive group milling about outside, and I was just like, are you guys in the queue to get into the door or are you guys just waiting around for someone else or something? He goes, well, the funny thing is, man like this morning when we made the reservation, I was like, hey, man, there's fucking two answers here and none of them are this morning when I made the reservation, are you ready to get in the door or can I just walk past it? And I said that to her because I'd had a long day. It was just flabbergasted. The group I was with laughing their asses. I just walked straight past it. I was like, sorry, man, you caught me on a bad day. But fuck I do I do play that game internally in my head quite a lot. Yeah.
Speaker 3: It's like someone's talking and I'm like, God, I am so clocked out of this conversation right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, long internal monologue. Shot clock. It's an important asset to have a lot of people that we meet across the weekend told me that they listen to this podcast where they going to sleep, So potentially it should be a shot clock on some of our yards. Anyway, it's just expired on the segment, so we're going to take a quick break and we'll come back with yours please, yours.
Speaker 2: Please, brought you by Leader Home of the Top.
Speaker 1: A couple of quickies today, let's get straight into them. First caller here, yours please.
Speaker 5: I'll get A and I and Gla Jkre from Mealing Station at Canterbury. Happy birthday for yes today and I would you get your your cousin anyway? Thirty first of August, mid Canary Place, South Canterbary here at the Edshburd Showgrounds. Keen on a commentary gig Potential eat up not a hooker instead of the two old skeletons.
Speaker 1: To do it on Facebook Live could be a bit of fun. A few ultras fuck South Canterbury. Hey, look, that's not a bad idea. It's not. We shed beautiful bird song in the background. It was, wasn't It's quite a kind of a lot of homoerhontic undertones in there. I think we could do it.
Speaker 3: I think we could hit our export Ultra and to get a pre game going to that, go to ash Burton, go to Ashburton and put an Ultra pregame on. First of all, maybe not for the players, although they would make the game a bit more interesting and then had the game wasn't thirty.
Speaker 1: First of August? Thirty first of August, yep, which is a couple of months where now go down the flash ash and then head down to the grounds afterwards. Yeah, I don't mind it. I don't mind it as an idea, Jake. I think we met his brother in law, Yes, I think someone, Yeah, someone said that. The relation to him, I just know. And he is almost entirely responsible for the Fox South Canary Social Club. As this guy he started call again and saying fuck South Canary. Everyone else is just picked up on it. So are we going into the Hornets next? Why not? If we do that, let's go to DMS with the details and prepare to be let down again. Yeah, get into it, I reckon. We need to. We need to. We need to get the expert ultras down the south there. We need to convert them. We they were waiting for us at Raywood Fresh outside the airport Ago and we didn't show up. So he Shputon's a bit closer though. We can fly in and drive to Ashputon. We can find the crash and just get them get in the truck. Shpuron's a bit closer than what the rail ward outside the crosher chi ony. No, but then we had to get on the bus and go to fucking we didn't Yeah shivered or something like that. Yeah, see that's a bit.
Speaker 3: I'm pertaining this a bit closer in terms a main transport hub and then going somewhere.
Speaker 1: We'll crunch the numbers and get back to it. Another caller here, you're splits, need.
Speaker 4: To fact check here there g laying on your comments around Lowlow Sun being the first Kiwi to make it to the quarterfinals of Wimbledon.
Speaker 1: Red Stephen.
Speaker 4: Actually Anthony Wilding was Wimbledon champion in nineteen ten, nineteen eleven, nineteen twelve and nineteen thirteen. There you go, what legend. Unfortunately killed in battle in the First World War? Fox South canabre.
Speaker 1: Okay, there you go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was supposed to throw women women. I've left the word women out are they're the first women Kiwi to make the quarter finals.
Speaker 1: So we had a four time Wimbledon champion.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's why the Anthony Wilding Tennis Center down in christ Church. Oh right, Yeah, it's all grass courts and whatnot.
Speaker 1: That's just on Hagley Park there. Oh okay, I know where it is. Yeah, I don't know. He got killed in wilblewo one. That's a sort of shitter.
Speaker 3: See when Wimbledon then you go off and get smoked on the Western Front.
Speaker 1: Could we've got him a racket and he could have just and grenades at the at the only can you get it in that trench over there? I've got a mortar, but I can't see it or hear it. I don't know how the is it getting to us from over there? And it's just him at the at the back low and hard like a serve, just straight into the trench. Yeah. Yeah, and then you've just got someone sitting in the umpires year and no man's lambs. He can lobs all sorts. Yeah, and there's a lot you could do with it, Tennis recond you could get right up on the and start sending your grenades back to returning grenades would be better, returning grenades. Yeah, get right up on the fence and just sir, it's no good. We can't get a grenade past them. Get the mortars going. They've got a Wimbledon champion at the top of the trench. Not just any Wimbledon champion. That's four time champion, Anthony Wilding, wild Man, the wild Man. Anyway, at least we forget Yeah, God bless her. All right, thank you very much for joining us for today another Wednesday edition of the Gender Podcast. Tomorrow is a Thursday, or can we dust off another throwback Thursdays? Oh yeah, name old players.
Speaker 3: I mean, look, we're going to concentrate on the last England or All Blacks game and eton Park of significance.
Speaker 1: Well have a look, yeah, I reckon unless the teams are boring or like didn't they play last year? We're going to night. You've got to go old school.
Speaker 3: We'll go back to like and the best ones that the name are, like your mid nineties, late nineties.
Speaker 1: That's when you get really stuck into some good old classic Yeah, the abs. So we'll have a look. If you think of one, send us a message on Instagram, send us the team list and we'll have a look. Otherwise, we'll see you tomorrow for a Thursday edition of the Agenda podcast.
Speaker 2: You have been listening to The ACC's a gender podcast brought to you by Export Ultra. For more episodes, like and follow on iHeartRadio form you get your podcasts