Speaker 1: This is an iHeartRadio New Zealand podcast Out the Gate with Maddie McLean, Chris Henry and Brad Christensen.
Speaker 2: Cheer, nice to be bet. It's nice to be back, isn't it. It's the Two Musketeers though, isn't it.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what if if we if he was our employee, I'd be having words to him. Are regon to be a written warning? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he does have a good excuse tonight though, because what's he doing is he's going to an awards dinner for the Rainbow game. Yeah, and he thought of the.
Speaker 1: Gay he thought it was tomorrow night, but it's actually tonight. We got sent to photo do you think so we got seen a photo in the group chat of bread dressed up in attacks obviously at Dons's house. Is mum's house? Do you think Don's took that photo? Like there's a proud mum photo and.
Speaker 2: If you zoom in, like the zoom into a space like he's got a real like seventh from Ball sort of he does, like he said, a couple of Cody's and he's ready to guy.
Speaker 1: We'll put it, We'll put it up on We'll put it up on Instagram. And Facebook. Yeah, but yes, so Bread is away tonight. He's busy, He's got fingers and a lot of pies. Does Bread he does?
Speaker 2: I mean, I suppose this is a good excuse for this this week, because he is doing something for the LGBT community.
Speaker 1: Sure we'll give it to him.
Speaker 2: I mean, a pert from obviously providing all of the deck news you'd ever need in.
Speaker 1: A age, and what a service we provide. Absolutely. Can I start the podcast tonight with a little bit of a shout out? Yes? Absolutely. I got a message today from my brother and my brother said, so, my brother Rob lives in La now Yeah, yeah, yeah, he won the Green Card lottery and he works for a cop, isn't he just he honestly, he lives in Venice Beach. A he's a semi bachelor. Well, he is seeing someone, but it's you know, early days in American dating, you know, like you're allowed to do it for a wee while not to but the videos get of him, like skateboarding down the boardwalk in Venice Beach with his top off, this crazy tan. He just is living the life over there. Anyway. He got a message from someone that he previously worked at the same company as him, but I don't from reading the message, I don't think they'd ever interacted, Like they never met. They obviously worked in different teams. But this guy messaged Rob. And unfortunately, the guy has just lost his job. They've had a bunch of redundancies at this company. There's so many companies are right now, so he's lost his job and he reached out to Rob and he said, Hey, Rob, now that we're no longer co workers and there's little chance of us ever meeting, I just wanted to say that I've been listening to your brother's podcast Out the Gate religiously for the last year Kilna, he said. He said, it has become part of my Wednesday bike commute. So I don't know. I won't say this guy's name just in case he wants to keep, you know, some privacy, but he will be on his commute potentially listening to this right now in his like and his like maybe in his like Crah, and he will know who he is. So I just wanted to let this gay to know that we really appreciate you listening to the podcast absolutely. And is he based in America too? This guy, he's based in America as well, oh, we love an instance. We've got it. We've got an American gator.
Speaker 2: Kilda welcome, I hope that well, thank you for participating in our little smutty corner of the internet.
Speaker 1: So I just wanted to give a little bit of a shot because we love, we love meeting gators in the wild, and we love hearing about gatas in the wild.
Speaker 2: So absolutely speaking of that now we're away. Last week, the winter els and shells just got us us.
Speaker 1: It got us. It was just it was just not our day. The stars were not aligning.
Speaker 2: But before that we are well, idn't think all of us because Brad wasn't there, but all the wags and us went to mis Behavior.
Speaker 1: What tonight we had a couple of amazing gators in the world, so did I. But I were lovely. I do remember meeting one. I remember having a I remember having a conversation about the podcast. I was definitely a fear few drinks deep at that point, can imagine, so the conversation is hazy, but I do remember having a conversation with gator at Misbehavior. I definitely remember this as well.
Speaker 2: I did my really famous thing where I often asked them what their name is and then have no recollection. Was but you're not to sound like an old man. You're a lovely young man and I'm so pleased that you're part of the podcast.
Speaker 1: Was probably it was possibly the same It was possibly the same one.
Speaker 2: Possibly, yeah, who knows it was It was late in the evening.
Speaker 1: Misbehavior was so much fun. I know we're going over territory from a couple of weeks ago because we missed last week's, but it was Misbehavior was so much fun.
Speaker 2: It was it was so much we happy with how it win, really happy. It was just the venue was called the vibe was awesome. I was great, such a great time.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I turned up in a short sleeve shirt with I had three buttons undone, but by the end of the night all the buttons were undone. No buttons for you, And I do wonder from previous experience how much you had to do with the lack of buttons by the end of the night. I think they definitely helped with a couple of the buttons. Yeah, right, it was so much.
Speaker 2: I think it's my party trick. It's the thing that way. I wake up with a little bit of anxiety the next day where.
Speaker 1: I'm like a little bit too. I mean, I don't think I wrapped it off. No, no, no, no no, the buttons were still intact.
Speaker 2: But I definitely was like, oh no, no, no, it is not having any other Yeah.
Speaker 1: But it was. It was great. Someone did say just a little piece of feedback that they enjoy. They've they enjoy pashing on the dance floor, maybe more than one person, but it was not dark enough for them to feel like they could go and do the passion and the good feedback. So we need a dark area where you could pesh back.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, yeah, so there you go. Just something to think about film Ali. Yeah, but it was safe. For the record, it didn't stop lots of.
Speaker 1: No, no, I'm sure it didn't.
Speaker 2: There was definitely there was. There were lips left right in the center. I was like, whoa, we had the best time. I think it's going like this Little Boys Paradise as well, when it's sort of giving and you're like, I'm just going to watch this going on.
Speaker 1: No, we had a great time. So let this be a lesson to you. If you missed this last miss behavior, do not miss the next one.
Speaker 2: We do one more in November, so you've heard it here first. It's gonna be one in November. It'll come out in the next week or so. I think I'll put the dates out right, but we will, we will do it.
Speaker 1: Was our friend was our friend there, our friend, our performer friend who's been has performed at previous misbehaviors. He was there. I don't think I swam.
Speaker 2: No, he was definitely their Ghosha. He'd done his he done his work at club. Men of steel came across to help. No, he was definitely there, very helpful. What was he were, lady friends? I think it was a sort of a little bit of a g string at one stage, more like a leather jacket at one point.
Speaker 1: Missed out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just sort of surprising to light. You were too busy watching all the passion.
Speaker 1: A true story, true story, true and unbuttoning my share, yes, allegedly, but no, a lot of.
Speaker 2: Fun and yeah, thanks everyone for coming and coming and play along with us.
Speaker 1: Do you how do you feel do you enjoy going to those like do you feel like you can have fun and relax and enjoy those things?
Speaker 2: Or you have definitely got to the stage now where I do. I mean, you've got a this is probably a bit boring. We have to keep a certain level of awareness around you. I'll give you an example. Just before the end of the night, we had our only sort of security slash disorder of the evenings.
Speaker 1: It was a very minor one.
Speaker 2: It was it was a something actually knew personally who maybe had a couple too many cans of crocacola and decided that using their power of argument was going to be how they would get themselves out of a situation with one of the bar staff, which never goes down with I think once you have starving conversation with someone at the bar and they're you're not agreeing, it's time just to cut your loss so totally.
Speaker 1: But I have also been the person that has decided to argue and yeah, you're you're never in the winning situation that you've kind of lost before it even starts.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, And there was one point where that happened where I had to go and just quickly intervene for a brief moment. And I realized as I was going to intervene that I was wearing a short pair of pink shorts and note top, and I was like, do you know what I think I'm like to throw. I think I might throw a single back on again, just just.
Speaker 1: With this one.
Speaker 2: I shout out to the bar stuff for not really making up my problem, but and to this poor I wouldn't.
Speaker 1: I don't know whether there's together or not.
Speaker 2: I appreciate you coming along, and sorry that you and I ended up slightly earlier than.
Speaker 1: There were a lot of homosexuals there, obviously, not that it's just not that it's only for the for the homos, but there were a lot of them there. And then the next day, a little bit hungover, I got invited to a new activity by a guy that I know, and I went along, and all of a sudden, I thought, is this the new gay hobby or activity? This is not sort of a list of lock and cack on sort of no, no, no, no, no, this was no. This was like afternoon on the Sunday after this behavior. What is activity? We went rock climbing. We went to an indoor rock climbing wall.
Speaker 2: Wow, And first of all, readit with Credit's Joe, that is very impressive.
Speaker 1: After a few beverages the night before, I agreed, agreed, but I thought I need to peel myself off the couch and do something today. And I've been complaining to Ryan that I haven't been putting enough effort into friends, Like yeah, it's a hard one, very easy to just say, oh, thanks for the invite, but I'm busy, or I'm yeah, but I'm never busy. I'm actually just come fucked. I've got a husband and and warm at home, and Emily in Paris has just dropped like five new episodes on Netflix. So I'm just side note. Is the hot guy that was her boyfriend? Is he's doing it? There's two yes, which one are you talking about? One that owned the chef one, Yeah, he's doing it. But I'm actually I'm team Alfie, the guy from London, really definitely in this anyway, Sorry I digress. So yes, So I thought I could easily say no, and this would be the perfect excuse, an opportunity to say no, hungover on a Sunday. But I went along and I turned up and there was a parade of homosexuals at this indoor climbing wall, and I thought, is this the innuactivity for gam end.
Speaker 2: Well, we only talked only a couple of weeks on the podcast about the rising gay sports off the back of the Rainbow Game.
Speaker 1: And this is really where Brad should be coming out of me.
Speaker 2: I know, maybe rock climbing should be part of the Rainbow Games twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: I swear every like every week I'm seeing a new group, a new gay sport group emerging. Now is it has very So I race it. So I got the air. And I don't know if you've ever been to an indoor climbing wall before, not since I was a child. So this is one where you're not like, you're not you're not strapped in. It's not like we're not talking ropes and caribbeaners and no, no, no, ironically no, So this is just a free for all, like you're you're just left to your own devices. So they're not big walls obviously because you can't have them too high up because health and safety. So I was looking at these walls, going, this is so small, like, surely anyone can do this, This is so easy. No, it is so hard. I couldn't even imagine. Your body has to contort and stretch itself into positions I'm not used to believe it or not. No, marriage you take the easy route, don't you really easy route? I should say, and so I was like on this wall trying to like because also famously very competitive, yes, and so it was desperately trying to like get my weight clamber my way up this wall, and some of them were so so hard. And then I got off and I thought, well, no one, surely no one can do this. And then this little kid, like this seven year old kid just bowls up to the wall and just monkey like climbs up this wall and put like shows me up something chronic. I was so embarrassed. But it was really really fun. And we've been we've talked on this podcast previously about new hobbies. I don't know that I'm going to go to the climbing war every week or anything, but it was really fun to do, especially with a group of like group of guys. Yeah, I will.
Speaker 2: To make some sort of like grandiose statement like that sounds fun, I'd be into it.
Speaker 1: I don't think I've got the strength for it. Like how how sore was you? Bo on? The forearms were burning my hands like I've still got callouses on my hands. But it was fun. I really enjoyed doing it.
Speaker 2: Well good on you for I mean this in the least patronizing way possible. Good on you for walking the talk, getting out there, giving it a go. Thank you very much, and I hope to see more stories of you out and about competing.
Speaker 1: And you heard it here first the gays to rock climber. They love to climb. The guys of sport aigle man.
Speaker 2: In this town, you'd be you'd really be a fat one, wouldn't you heet with all these gay sports to go.
Speaker 1: Well, speaking of my husband and another wag together swimming right now. Really they've doing their first session with the Tans. Yeah, the Auckland gay swim group. Amazing. So this is actually this is actually bringing some thoughts back.
Speaker 2: This is actually a drinken misbehavior conversation about being about being part of this in the ocean swimming.
Speaker 1: The tams are quite fun, really fun. Ryan did say he was a little bit nervous. You know what it's like when you're especially when you're an adult and you're like joining this new group. Hopefully he was a little bit nervous about it, but I'm very eager to hear how it wins, and I'm sure he'll love it. Plus, it's also one of these things where it's like once you're in the water, You're kind of just doing your own thing anyway, really, aren't you.
Speaker 2: And also I feel like sometimes when you're doing that stuff, it's almost about just getting in there and doing it, and the adrenaline of like having to keep up with everyone just sort of makes it all happen as biical down there as when Beca's there as well.
Speaker 1: Two of them have gone a lot, rocked along together to join the tams fun. I know good in them And how are you. I'm really good?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm I'm I'm on the back end of being good. We had a pretty grim weekend at our household. We picked up a little bit of the old gastro. So I know that our gators will be right into this because I know many of the gators have got children, and it sounds like it's very much a ride of passage you've got kids, especially.
Speaker 1: Ones that go to daycare.
Speaker 2: But yeah, we went out and Saturday night had a really good time snear. The end of the night, we were like congratulating ourselves.
Speaker 1: Matt and I were like, oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've played this really well. We've been to one of Matt's work events. We're not going to be that hungover. We're in the uber on the way home. Matt's like, I don't feel very goos and I was like, oh, okay, all right, well we'll.
Speaker 1: Be home soon.
Speaker 2: Anyway, we get home, make it into bed for about three and a half minutes and he's up and that is just him for the night, vomiting and all of the works. And then I joined in about sex in the morning, and yeah, it was horrific, a solid twenty four hours of just being absolutely like just grossly ill.
Speaker 1: Do you know what it would have been? Well, I think it was guestro. Well, it's two parts.
Speaker 2: One obviously he's involved in the education system, so that's I've got yes, spectly, and then had another couple of friends that had been sick as well. But it sounds like it's really during the rounds at the moment. But we did actually come out of the weekend all two parts. First of all, we came out of the weekend still together, which I think is all also, which is a great thing. Absolutely.
Speaker 1: You know, when you're sick, well you really are seeing each other at you you're very very.
Speaker 2: Lowest, and it's it's when someone is sick and you live in a smaller s house.
Speaker 1: It's you know, it's an audio visual experience.
Speaker 2: H Yeah, there are things I heard and things that I saw. Yeah, and so two parts one we were obviously we managed to be nice enough to each other across the course of the weekend. Who did like, did you get to did you have to take it in turns to be the the hero?
Speaker 1: Well? Yes and no, I think to be.
Speaker 2: I'll lay it down on the table. I think he had it worse than I did. Yeah, I feel like it definitely got me.
Speaker 1: But I the I don't.
Speaker 2: Be too gross because I can appreciate this early in the morning for some people different times that were people listening to this. But my physical symptoms didn't last as long as his dad. Right, But we still felt pretty awful, I because I went second.
Speaker 1: I did some like some Lord's work early in the battle solid yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: But then as we were coming right the back end of it, so to speak, I definitely picked up at the mental and.
Speaker 1: It's horrible the way I had it last year, and I don't I couldn't tell you the last time I really got sick click there, and it was awful getting a couple of kilos down. It's true, she's feeling she's feeling slim. That's true.
Speaker 2: But the one thing that was very that was interesting about it, or we we sort of reminisced about it's not often when you've been dating someone for a while that you get to have like a first with someone, you know, like one of those.
Speaker 1: Sort of yeah kind of like oh wow, we've never done this before.
Speaker 2: Yep, ye might happened sort of about four am on Sunday morning when I hit a cry from the bathroom of I vomited on the floor and I had to get up and I cleaned the volet off the floor because he couldn't himself.
Speaker 1: That's love, Yeah, there is love and love you babe, stronger for it? Do you think? Absolutely? Yeah, Well I'm glad, glad to know that you made it through. Okay, Yeah, we're fighting. We're fighting for it now. Although did have a great situation so is you're no.
Speaker 2: We record this podcast on its Tuesday, so I had to down for it yesterday because I felt awful and b I was like, there's no way that I'm taking this to work with me because this I'm not giving this.
Speaker 1: Anyone is a stay and we're never no one else is allowed to have no, no, no, and we'll talk about it on the podcast and then we'll never mention it again.
Speaker 2: I got a I did a round to a wan of work today and I said, oh, I will give you a hug. But I've been kidstro But the weekend it was fucking like old COVID days.
Speaker 1: She couldn't have gone away from me. I really appreciate that. Anyway, I'm gonna go have got one by Chris and I see you. Bye bye bye bye bye bye. Bite. Hey some sad gay news today or gay adjacent news. You may remember the amazing story of the same sex penguin power couple in Australia.
Speaker 2: Now I've seen the top line of it this, but I haven't read about it till I'm very excited to hear this.
Speaker 1: This is Sven and his partner Magic. They shot to global stardom in twenty eighteen, so about six years ago when they fell in love at the Sea Life Aquarium in Sydney, and then they later adopted and raised two chicks as a same sex male couple. Get it, Gels. It was such a beautiful story and just goes to show to any bigots out there, we're everywhere. The gay Agenda is alive and wow, JK Rowling just grown. Brian Tamaki will have something to say about Sphin and Magic, But I have some very sad news to report. Spin has sadly passed away r P R I P. They he made it to the ripe old age of eleven, which apparently is very well, like very you know, it's a solid innings for this particular penguin species, and it feels like that feels like a solid effort. Yeah, Magic's a toy boy, because Spin was eleven, Magic's eight.
Speaker 2: So wow, Daddy and the twin new Daddy. I'm sorry, that's probably callous of me. It's too early in the piece for information like that.
Speaker 1: So Magic, they took Magic to see Spinn's body to like show Magic that Spin wasn't coming back, and they immediately started singing, I showed tune. Probably you have to laugh. You have to laugh at these things, something from Frozen. Anyway, it's very sad news, but it was such a beautiful story that funnily enough, you know, like I don't know, hearing something like that, we realize, fuck, you know, even the penguins are living these beautiful, authentic lives. Something really sweet about it. He was just take a little moment of silence. Yeah. So anyway, but again is do you know.
Speaker 2: That this year is one hundred and fifty years since the jockstrack was inventors?
Speaker 1: It isn't that all? It is that old. I saw this.
Speaker 2: I saw one of my favorite editor entertainers, Matthew camp If you're not across Matthew camp.
Speaker 1: Are well worth it? Swimmer? No, No, Matthew Campy's a.
Speaker 2: I don't know, He's a an influencer porn starry only sort of guy. He this is a little bit niche, but also a great thing to go in your recommendation. There was a documentary what's it called?
Speaker 1: What's Like?
Speaker 2: Not a documentary because a momentary is funny, isn't that what It's like? A documentary like a kind of a highbridy documentary movie thing about him being a go go dancer in New York. Terrible stories cart with the information and it also can't google at the same time because boy and I'm telling the story.
Speaker 1: So I'll come back to this anyway. I found out through him.
Speaker 2: But yeah, invented one hundred and fifty years ago, and it was originally done it was originally made for those for bicycle riding messengers and delivery men or bike jockeys, So people that used to ride around and deliver things on the bikes.
Speaker 1: That's what they used to be at wow, for for ease and for comfort. Yeah, so I think it was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm guessing so that maybe so that you weren't so sweaty, because I think there's the original idea that isn't it.
Speaker 1: Although you'd think if you were on a bike all day you'd want some extra petting. They're not less petting.
Speaker 2: I suppose maybe the underway they were wearing in those days though it would be too bunch. Yeah, yeah, that's true. Also, and I think I learned there's also a female equivalent of a jock sep called a jill strap a gill Yeah, and it's designed to protect the vulver from getting stuck.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure where it's getting stuck, but yeah, but same concept.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so just sort of like the same design, yeah, I think. So, Okay, do we have to actually what them in it's.
Speaker 1: He in the Wikipedia. If any of our gators have ever used a jill strap.
Speaker 2: Let us know who love to say, I'm going to find that out because the internet here at radio towers not super strong.
Speaker 1: No, sorry, but yeah, and so but.
Speaker 2: So eighteen seventy fours when they first were invented, and then it wasn't until the fifth nineteen fifties that the gates were like.
Speaker 1: Hang, I know a little that did it? Why would? I mean no, I was gonna say, why did it get commandeered by the gay community, But it's like very obvious why I got commandeered by the gay community. I will I will want to misbehavior? Yeah, do you feel good?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I quite like it's there's something quite I think we've talked about it before. There's something quite sexy and empowering.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely, Well, yes, I totally agree. And you wouldn't have been the only one that was. I mean, there was definitely something that would that had them just them on.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I love it. The clear bottoms. I actually i've been watching Orange is the New Black watch. Yeah, really good. Anyway, in the literally in the episode that I most recently watched, there's a subplot where the prisoners start making underwear for like a private company, and it's like lingerie, like women's lingerie that they're making and one of the prisoners talks about the fact that for women, lingerie is less about the like impressing a man or a woman. I guess it's more about the wearer feeling confident and sexy. Yeah, do you think the jock strap's the same, Like, do you think it's more about you feeling empowered wearing it as opposed to wearing it for someone else? Well, to be honest, that's how I would feel. I am. I think that's how I feel. I hadn't really kind of thought about it until I heard them talking about it on Oranges, the New Blank of all places. Yeah, it's it's it's a performative thing.
Speaker 2: But that's not really even the right way of putting it, is that it's kind of one of those things that.
Speaker 1: Is just you. Yeah, I suppose it's what ever makes you feel good? A jill strap. I've googled it very very similar in design to a.
Speaker 2: Jobs Yeah, I mean if you were going to the if you go to the store, you might even picked the wrong one upn't you. Yes, it looks a lot thinner like this because you're obviously not really in the balls're not coup and as you're not having a.
Speaker 1: Cup as much. So yeah, it's a lot thinner.
Speaker 2: Shall we stand on the TV theme and move across to great television news of the week. Long time listeners to the podcast would know that we're big fans of the television franchise Sibre Trees of Ireland.
Speaker 1: In fact, some of must have been honest. I'll stop. We were once or twice twice. Yes, I was on the first season of the New Iteration in twenty nineteen and then didn't go well but got brought back, bullied by Barbicane, got bullied by poor Barbara. I will stop talking about it one day and I don't think she's listening to this podcast and she's gurgling. And then got brought back for fans versus favorites a couple of year years ago. Well, I did make it all the way to the end, and I did when.
Speaker 2: But they're releasing new contestants for this year and it looks like a great series.
Speaker 1: I've heard, I mean I haven't heard. I haven't heard specifics, but I've heard as a general vibe, very very strong season.
Speaker 2: Well, the level of talent is very impressive, I think, and I think it's credits to the show and I think how much people enjoy it. Where people who maybe you wouldn't have normally expected to go on the show, such as sitting MP Carl zeppalone, yes, who did a great job of lying about that.
Speaker 1: FYI like, actually, you know what, let's give it a go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, But just to put it into the context of our wonderful podcast, statistically.
Speaker 1: Gaze great at the show? Is that fair well? Of the five seasons we've had of them, of the more recent iteration since twenty nine, team, there have been three gay winners.
Speaker 2: And we think we're going to go for one, go for one more because this season, by my calculation, it is some good detective book on this afternoon. I think that there are three homosexual in this series. Okay, possibly more, but I think also let's let's just go with those that are out.
Speaker 1: Loud and proud. Yeah, so obviously Tarmati Coffee, Amity Coffee, former Labor MP, former Breakfast were the presenter Dancing with the Stars Champion. Yes, he's strong.
Speaker 2: He is really strong, absolutely big muscle, is ready to go and competitive and schemey like, not in a bad way, but he would he'll do what it takes.
Speaker 1: To kind of get to the endement.
Speaker 2: We've got Janay Henry Comedian fantastic, remember the rambag community wonderful. I think quite funny. People might like sort of think that she can't Henry spin is exactly right. And then number three from my calculations, speaking Jackson.
Speaker 1: I know winner of Opal's Drag Race down Under fascinated as well to probably get a little bit television meta here to work out with a because on the promo photo full drag.
Speaker 2: Full drag, do you think stays in full drake the whole time. I kind of have to for it to work, is how I feel about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, except having done the show and having competed in the challenges and stuff. Yeah, I mean it would be a pain in the ass is a woman having to deal with breasts and stuff, let alone being a fake woman having to deal with like breastplates and wigs and all the rest of it.
Speaker 2: It wouldn't make any sense because speaking Jackson, out of drag, you wouldn't recognize them.
Speaker 1: No, but I guess you've got a story to tell on the show, right, So maybe you start and drag on the episode one and by episode two you've d dragged. Did you like SPI I've arrived in my film out for Yeah, I don't know. I just think it's a lot of upkeep to maintain drag if you make it all the way to the end, you know, for maybe that she stays in dregs would be big for so funny if she did. Yeah. So three, I mean, anyone else is welcome to join the family.
Speaker 2: I'm absolutely I wouldn't know, but I'm just taking based off public information. One that I wouldn't mind joining the group is Vinnie Wolston.
Speaker 1: Did you know about Vinnie Wilson? Ever heard of him? Sonny, Vinnie Wilston is an international model, like I think It's done some pretty big campaigns before to the spin off.
Speaker 2: He's the global face of You've seen Laurent uh and now he lives in Raglan.
Speaker 1: That's his two claims to fame. He looks beautiful, though stunning, like just your classic male model, all right. He's got a real like fifties vibe to him.
Speaker 2: I like this photo here where he's just this and the promotion photo where he's just like arms up, like showing a little bit of the purse.
Speaker 1: Arms up like he's looking like a model. But he's also wearing like the most unassuming clothing as well. I can't work out with.
Speaker 2: It's like almost like a sponsors thing. Is it a kiwis it's like a tank like a it's a single?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Is it a Kiwi singleer? Like?
Speaker 2: It's probably it's probably the only person that's break a sp sponsor clothes.
Speaker 1: Ride Tech, build Transfer Solutions. He's he's a very very handsome man.
Speaker 2: Now, I suppose you can't give any any spoilers, But have you seen any of it? Because I know you are the resident commentator on all these things.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen any of it, but I have been invited to the premiere in a couple of weeks, and that will come out. I will see it before it obviously arrives on television, so I'll be able to tell you about it before it lands on TV.
Speaker 2: Do you think, but just between you and me and the gators, do you think we might be able to pick a favorite.
Speaker 1: From the LGBT community how we think is going to win it? I honestly would not put it past time to go all the way and win it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, controversial take. I think he could win it and then have no friends. Yeah, I know exactly what you mean.
Speaker 1: He will. He could either win it or he'll go very far but be the villain of the season. Yeah, it could go either way. And then Jordan, Yeah, I'm sorry, I wouldn't cats. I would love to see a woman win it, like I would love I love Michelle Langston. I think she's brilliant the actress. She would be great and I feel like she could go quite far me and more too. The boxer is so fierce, so fierce, she looks terrifying. You don't want to mess with her.
Speaker 2: I've worked a little bit with Gabbie Simola and she is very impressive. So could go far, I think, so, Yeah, you can't. You really can't go past to someone woman, though, can you. Like if they've got the wets, they've got the brain and they got the brawn like the.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah yeah. And also Gabby is someone that not a lot of people know, so she could easily like slide under the radar a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we know that Carmel's not winning because she heard her phone andjet to come home with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know. But anyway, it starts in a couple of wee yes, it does with the tag we've got to give this credit.
Speaker 2: The project begins Monday, the ninth of September on TV and Z two and tv Z Plus.
Speaker 1: There you go, put that in their jack I'm a tv Z I'm a TV and Z man at heart. You know, Hey, something's happened to me and I really need your help. Sounds dominous, It is kind of okay, it's quite scandalous, and it's not about me personally, but it has I have been dragged into the middle of this. Yeah. So I got this random me saig in my DM requests we're all going to messages going like my other other folder, And it was from someone I didn't know, and I clicked into their profile and it was completely private. I couldn't see anything except for their profile picture. It didn't look like we had any mutual friends in common. And it just said do you know that this person And I'm not going to name them, but it's someone that I know is on gay dating apps looking to hook up. Now, this guy that I know is married to a woman with children. And if it was just that message, I might have I would have just probably ignored it and been like, who is this weirdo? Like, but they've attached three photos to the message, nude photos of this guy that I'm from. Yeah, and it's definitely him. WHOA, So this is wild. So one of a few things I reckon has happened. One it is absolutely as this person says, And this guy is on a gay dating app look at a hook up and has obviously sent someone nudes and they have, for whatever reason, decided to message someone or maybe multiple people within his contacts list to let them know, yeh. Or as someone else that I told the story to has suggested, we know a lot of AI scams are around at the moment. Could this be an AI scam where they've taken his face and created nudes to send out to contacts as a potential scam, blackmail, trying to get money, extortion.
Speaker 2: It's terrifying if that's actually I'm sure it is a thing, but if that's happening around us?
Speaker 1: Or are the nudes real? But they've hat his phone and maybe he took them for his wife and this is completely innocent. And so there's so many things and I don't have any more information, and the person's profile has now disappeared. I can't click into their profile.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you're still the message is still there.
Speaker 1: The message and the photos are still there, and so now I'm left with this dilemma. What do I do with this information? Is it my responsibility to say something to either part of it, to the to the wife who I know reasonably well, to him, or do I just do I just ignore it and not get involved in this very messy situation. Well, it's yeah, wow, that's that's a very very hard one.
Speaker 2: Excuse the part it was, what's yeah, I mean, my gut is that you just leave it.
Speaker 1: My gut is that I leave it as well.
Speaker 2: And then I thought, if I were to do anything, I don't think I say anything to her.
Speaker 1: Definitely not No, nevous. This is his business and his business only. So do I maybe just send him a message and say, hey, I'm not meddling, I'm not judging, I'm not doing anything. I just want you to know that these photos and this message have come my way, and if I've received it, there's every chance that other people have or are going to receive it. Your wife. I'm just letting you know, so that you have the information. You do with that what you will, whether that involves telling people or not. At least you have the information and you can make an informed decision. I mean.
Speaker 2: That is the that it's probably the answer to be fair, that you need to tell that person there because if they are as I followed up with, like what a fucking dickhead for cheating around in your messes with a man or a woman.
Speaker 1: Totally totally, But then it's also one of those things where it's like, well, we don't know what goes on behind closed doors. Maybe they have an arrangement, maybe you know who knows who knows, and so I don't want to I don't want to make assumptions. I don't want to judge either, But also part of me is like, maybe he has the right to know so that he can do something about this on either side, like whether it's stop doing it, whether it's stopped yeah, whether it's stopping doing what he's doing, whether it's coming clean to his wife, or whether it's looking into someone who is potentially manipulating photos, scamming or blackmailing him or whatever it might be. Because the activity on this person's behalf is illegal. Sending sending nude photos, yeah, maybe it is.
Speaker 2: We're sending someone else's nud for us out is definitely Yeah, yes, pockets, I don't envy.
Speaker 1: You, mate. That is not a very nice place to be. It was not what I expected. It was not a situation I expected to find myself in. And yeah, it's weird. If any look, I would love to get people's thoughts on this, and we'll revisit it next week with maybe some sub advice or some opinions. I'd love for the Gators to weigh in on this. What do I do in this situation? Or do I not do anything? But let us know. You can obviously hit us up on Facebook it out out the Gate Facebook page, or you can follow us out the Gate on Instagram as well. Oh dear juicy, right, real juicy juicy? Yeah, I don't. I don't enview it at all. No, should we finish on something a little bit lighter and brighter, perhaps destroying someone's marriage in the legal nerds? Yes, go on, what do you got? I saw that there was some beautiful news in there about about a bit of a queer icon.
Speaker 2: Really, yes, in this game, this is where I hope this is. Bradley should be taking this.
Speaker 1: We really should be. But well we'll cover it, and we'll cover it as well as we can so.
Speaker 2: We would like to congratulate on behalf of out the gate and our wonderful gators. To referee Nigel Owens, who is quite a famous referee very referees, all right. Him and his partner or now husband, Barry got married what looks like maybe the Scotland.
Speaker 1: Wales, Wales, Wales. Nigel Owens is Welsh a yep, and so looks like they got married at a resort in Wales. Nigel Owens called it an amazing day and the proudest day of my life. Isn't that so beautiful?
Speaker 2: It is so cool and massive shout out to him, and yeah beautiful, it's a lovely, lovely way to end the podcast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that just you know, Nigel is someone who has really led the charge in a in an.
Speaker 2: The amount of shit you get is a reef at the best of time, a gay red yes, I know.
Speaker 1: And so to be able to know in a sport where we don't have a huge great track record of people being able to live authentically while they're in the in the midst of the sport, for him to come out and live his life authentically amazing, So big shout out to Nigel and Barry for getting married. They look very handsome, by the way, very very anyway, thank you for listening, Gators, and we will be back next week.
Speaker 2: Bradley should be back with us. We should definitely be joining us, which would be lovely. I'm sure there'll be plenty of great new things to talk about next week. We need to do a deep dive because the Paralympic starts tomorrow and you know, we did such great coverage of the Olympics.
Speaker 1: We've got it Queer Stars of the Paralympic.
Speaker 2: Where you can definitely do that if you know any hot Paralympians, Queer Paralympians now girls, and we.
Speaker 1: Will see you next week. Bye bye bye