Speaker 1: Life from the Export Beer Gun Studio and brought to you by Export Ultra the bear for here. This is the Agenda Podcast for Wednesday, the seventeenth of July.
Speaker 2: The Agenda Podcast, the home of Sporting Nonsense and Clap Trap, brought to you by Export Vulture.
Speaker 1: And joining me from Witness Protection as acc head g Lane.
Speaker 3: How how was wherever it is that you were.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's great.
Speaker 5: Actually, you know, just just having some time out, yeap, you know, just to regather my thoughts, you know, the safety of myself and my family come first.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right. So we're going to start the podcast with us. It's it's sort of some of the biggest sporting news going on at the moment. Certainly took over the headlines yesterday. Norm Hewitt tragically passed away very suddenly as well. Did I read he was only about fifty five years old.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and died of like modern your own disease, which I didn't even realize he had I did, obviously. Yeah, So that's pretty hopefully named it. I think CTE related. Obviously, He's a bit of a fair bit of media around there this moment, Dylan Cleaver writing quite a lot about that, so yeah, time will tell, I guess, but pretty sad, pretty young, Jesus.
Speaker 3: Oh so young.
Speaker 1: Only just a couple of years ago, I was hosting a rugby show with him on the mainstream sports media. It was like a half hour weekly show about the Hurricanes. And I mean, I don't know if he had it then or whatever, but he was always so ready to share a good yarn. Like you could see you could see his eyes light up when you triggered a memory from his playing days, and then he'd light up and be like, oh, it reminds me of.
Speaker 3: This, blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: So I always really look forward to so hosting that show with him, and I was always just trying to constantly bait a couple of stories out from him, because you know he wouldn't remember them just to tell you.
Speaker 3: But if you managed to just get that little spark in.
Speaker 1: His eyes and he'd light up and be like, Oh, that reminds me of this one time we're on tour, like here we go.
Speaker 5: They're always good like that, I think than I think you did the same to Kyle Mills when he came on this podcast. Yeah, you threw a couple of lines out there. One had squaed on it. One had pictured and he took the pilly and he ran with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, well, I mean, you know, at the end of the day, I'm a fan of these guys, so I just want to hear the same stories that everyone else does. So if I can, if I can somehow walk them into a story or two, then know well, so yeah, I thoroughly enjoyed doing that with Norm Hewitt gone far too soon, Far too young. The other big sporting news of the day, and it happened today, is that the summer of cricket has been announced Lane. They had a massive media event down there at TV and Z. They had who's who of New Zealand sporting media, including yours. Truly, I probably put myself on the who's that of New Zealand sporting media. Yep, no one really knew what was going on why we were there. I was also confusingly wearing a Black Caps jumper, so people like, yeah, does he work for the team, what's going on?
Speaker 3: It was a massive sort of kerfuffle.
Speaker 1: They announced all of their plans, there's all sorts of double hitters, blah blah blah blah. But I really really can't wrap my head around it. So I asked Tom Latham, who was down there, to try and explain it for us, and so let's let him try and explain it with them with.
Speaker 3: Us right now.
Speaker 4: Tom.
Speaker 1: I got the schedule obviously ahead of time. I was trying to figure out the whole heading over to Pakistan thing.
Speaker 4: How does that work?
Speaker 1: So you're playing England, then you bugger off to Pakistan, you play a couple of games over there, then you come back.
Speaker 3: How's that work?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 7: So I think it's England and then Shri Lanka come here and then we go to Pakistan for that champions trophy and then both teams come back or Pakistan come back here later later on in the summer to finish. So it's a pretty busy, busy summer, which is which is exciting as crickets. You want to play as much cricket as possible. And yeah, hopefully we can get plenty of crowds there and have plenty of support like we usually do.
Speaker 3: Now have the hard hitting questions. You're walking through a real sport.
Speaker 1: You pick up a cricket bet, what's the immediate shadow betting shot that you play when you pick up the bet?
Speaker 7: It's probably a Ford defense, which it shouldn't be about me. But you're in you know, you're in the aisles, aren't you, So you can't actually play too many shots, can't make cross better shots again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so yeah, he goes to Ford defensive, just Tom Latham when he pick.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm a flick off the pads. Oh really Yeah, yeah, I'm just a flick just like flick just rough midwicket.
Speaker 3: I'm a Ford defensive as well.
Speaker 1: And I was just saying, I said the time after that as well, I'll just call them Tom either that or I'll sit.
Speaker 3: Back on one a late cut.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Because the thing is you're generally either when you're playing, when you're shadow betting, you're generally in a confined space.
Speaker 5: You don't want to be going for a slog sweep. No, that's why I go for the flick. I go for the flick, and I flick the back leg up as well, so it's kind of regal kind of you go there and you flick the back leg up as well as flicking along.
Speaker 4: That's that's my go to kind of rebel sport aisle shot.
Speaker 3: What do you think is the most common rebel sport aisle shot.
Speaker 4: It's definitely the full defense, if not the leave.
Speaker 5: Oh yes, they're kind of back and what you know, yeh, Jason Horts.
Speaker 1: Jason Hort's are Ford defensive front prawn and then he would just go.
Speaker 3: Waiting, you know, run there.
Speaker 4: He never takes the run.
Speaker 5: It's never taken. It takes the run. So the schedule, Yeah, it's an interesting one, isn't it, Because obviously announced the English Test series very early for reasons other than they wanted to give English fans a chance to book, which is odd. I thought New Zealand fans would have come first, but they'd been confirmed a few months ago. They're happening in November December. Then there's quite a decent not a massive gap, a ten day gap from the last and that, by the way, those tests are the only test we played this summer.
Speaker 3: I had tests.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So christ Church Manington Hamilton against England Test match cricket for New Zealand is over Wednesday, theeenth December. Yeah, and then ten days later.
Speaker 1: It looks like we lost your lane for a second. But while we have lost him. I talked to Gary Stead about those Test matches and how interesting it is and how excited he is that there's going to be three of them. Well, we're very lucky to have coach Gary Stead here with us. Obviously we've just had the full schedule announced. How excited are for a three Test series against England.
Speaker 6: Look, it's been a while since we've played three Test series and I think to play England is always great. We had a two years ago, had an amazing one all series win with an incredible Test match at the basein Reserve to make that one all and so hopefully we're well, hopefully we can win all three, but we're in a situation that if it is tied at one all, we get to get a decider and.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty excited about that.
Speaker 1: So what I can't understand, Lane, maybe you can explain is the black Caps in Pakistan the championship aspect of that.
Speaker 5: Yes, so interesting there that Graham gary Stead described the one old drawers of victory.
Speaker 4: Yeah, with one series victory.
Speaker 5: No, see what happens once Sri Lanka finished their last ODII on Saturday, the eleventh of January at Eden Park, New Zealand then kind of head off. Now there's a couple of weeks off and that I think they get to play but a super smash. But all of February it's all happening in Pakistan. We have a warm up ODI tri Series in Pakistan for a week and then from the nineteenth to February to the ninth of March there is the Champions Trophy. Now, the Champions Trophy is a fifty over competition that sits in between World Cups.
Speaker 3: They haven't done it all well, have they.
Speaker 5: No, they haven't done it for a very long time. But it is the only silverware alongside the World Test Championship that we have. Remember we won it in Zimbabwe. Chris Ken's famously won us the game over there, so that was our first ever bit of international silver. Were fowed up by the World Test Championship. So it does leave quite a significant gap from the eleventh of January. This is black Caps. From eleventh of jan there's not another black Caps game at home until the sixteenth of March.
Speaker 4: Yeah, far up a long time.
Speaker 3: They've being played in Pakistan.
Speaker 4: Yes, yep.
Speaker 5: The other Champions Trophy is in Pakistan, so that'd be interesting thing as well. There'll be a lot of pressure on the Pakistani Cricket board to make sure that goes smoothly because I imagine if any issues before that, it'll just get moved to UA again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so then after that, so the Champions Trophy, who plays in that.
Speaker 3: By the way, is there's only like everyone?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 3: Everyone?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Everyone.
Speaker 5: I think there's no qualifying tournament like in the T twenty. I think I believe it's probably the top eight teams just go play the Champions Trophy. Yeah, eyes as well, so it's not as compact as the T twenty.
Speaker 4: Tournament.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So oh yeah, hasn't been around for a while. I can't remember the last time.
Speaker 5: There was a Champions Trophy, but yeah, it's back in Pakistan.
Speaker 4: Good to have a warm up over there as well for us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think the last time it was held was somewhere around twenty fourteen, twenty fifteen. Then there was the World Cup, then there was I think it was like a COVID effected thing. And now yes, it's only that we're getting around to it now. The awkward part is, so we're playing Pakistan in Pakistan, we then get on the same flight as them back to New Zealand to play each other again.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yes, there's the answer to that. They'll be there'll be a fight for business class.
Speaker 5: Yeah, on the way back, because once that tournament's over on the ninth of March, there is a T twenty and christ Church on the sixteenth of March, So but of a seven day, one week turnaround between end of that tournament and Pakistan heading to New Zealand for four five T twenties and three od i's, So yeah, it's quite a bit of a truncated summer if I'm honest. But the good news is for real cricket heads and the BYC guys will be pleased about this. That February window leaves a window for the Super Smash and international players who aren't involved in the Champions Trophy to all get stuck into Super Smash as well. So that'll be actually quite good for the domestic competition.
Speaker 1: That Pakistan tour as well. When they come back at the end of March, thorough all double headers, so the White Ferns will play beforehand on the same ticket and because they're all on TV and Z, they're going to go White Ferns News Black Caps, which I think is just a tremendous way to run that. I mean, it's going to pass you off if you're into tipping point or the chase, you're probably gonna think.
Speaker 4: It's gonna piss you off. If you're it's gonna pass you off.
Speaker 5: If you're a boomer, because you love Because there's no doubt they're going to shorten the news to half an hour and they hate nothing more than the because the only other time they shorten the news is when the Black Clash is on and then they have to deal with us commentating and it just blows their mind.
Speaker 4: So they've got actually a few of these.
Speaker 5: There's the last T twenties against either All five T twenties are going to be double headers. They're in christ Church to need In, Auckland, Toadonger and Wellington. Once again, Auckland misses out significantly. In a lot of these we get and Auckland gets one one dayer against Sri Lanka. Yeah, and one to twenty against Pakistan.
Speaker 1: How we don't have a test venue in the biggest city in the country.
Speaker 4: Is It's crazy?
Speaker 3: Crazy?
Speaker 5: The fact there's only going to be two days of cricket in the biggest city in New Zealander is weird.
Speaker 4: I know that.
Speaker 5: Look, I'm not saying that we should just force it in there because I think places like Seddon Park, Bay Oval, Seddon Park, Hagley Oval is way better, way better grounds.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Someone must have goat photos because how can McClain Park keep getting games? How can they keep getting games that the ground is ship it's it's a rectangle, no one turns up. They've got issues with They've finished the drainage issues, but they've got the light issue that comes through the grandstand and finds the batsman.
Speaker 3: But they have.
Speaker 5: Got They've got a few gap quite a few. Look, I don't understand how they get a game, but they do against Pakistan. They get an odi I on the Saturday twenty ninth and March. So yeah, and no games in queens Sound, no games in Queenie happened there. I'm not sure what's happened there. I think I'm not sure the pitch is up to standard in Queenie.
Speaker 3: Or no year.
Speaker 4: Well, no, I don't know why that's falling out of favor as well, because they did play a game there against Sri Lanka a few years ago.
Speaker 1: Last year they played a game and I forget what was I think it was against Sri Lanka. I didn't see the game, but I did see the crowd from the departure lounge Queenstown Domestic Airport.
Speaker 5: Right, That's why they've changed the They will also changed the direction of the pitch there and it looks like a plane's literally going to land on you can see passengers faces. When they showed it, they focused in on the plane. You could see a person's face looking out the window. There was legendary because obviously they're remarkables in the background. But obviously they have their reasons u zealing cricket. Obviously there are different associations, you know, get to pitch their case as well to hosting internationals that brings them a lot of money. So yeah, but I'm stumped about McLain parks still and the fact, I mean, look, if a McClain park's sold out every time, sure, yeah, i'd be okay, you have to, but no one turns up and it's a terrible ground and you can't nickel and dimedon park when you've got McLean Park.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one hundred percent with way less capacity.
Speaker 1: But anyway, the jewel in the crown for this summer of cricket is definitely that English Series. Thursday the twenty eighth of November is the first one that's at Hagle Oval. They go to the Basemin Reserve. I love a Test series in New Zealand really signals the start of summer. It's good to really sink your teeth into as well. And obviously we all remember how good that that one all series victory.
Speaker 5: Was absolutely These black Bean game White fans sorry games all summer as well. I think they're playing they play Ossie and they play schri Lanka and then they play Ossie again at the end of the summer. So yeah, they're they're in for a tough ride against those Assies as well. They've got three Odie Eyes and then three two twenties at the end of summer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that'll be a challenge as well.
Speaker 1: So the Odie Eyes, it's the Rose Bowl between the White Ferns and Australia. All three of those are going to be played at the Basin Reserve, which I quite like as an idea, you know, just the back to back to back who's the better team over three games even you know, I think they would admit that it's gonna be a mammoth task to try and beat Australia at a game of cricket at the moment. Yeah, but always fun and always one to get up for.
Speaker 3: So that is a schedule out.
Speaker 1: It'll be on all socials everywhere across the day today, So if you haven't seen it already, go and check our socials, chickensyling, cricket socials, try and phone a PDF of it and print it out because it's not going to make sense to you when you first read it. It hasn't to me, so you're going to need it on your desk at work, I think, because.
Speaker 5: I just yeah, just no, there's going to be no cricket from mid January to mid March in New Zealand. Yeah, so you know you can take a good holiday and just watch some international cricket from overseas.
Speaker 3: Yeah, don't come crying to us when that break happens. As well.
Speaker 1: A little bit of a different structure of the podcast today because at the end we're going to be talking to Tom Birmingham from the Hallow Sport podcast.
Speaker 3: They have made an incredible pledge to support.
Speaker 1: Mitch Barnett who've missed the birth of a second child. So if you want to, you can scrub ahead to that right now though we're going to take a quick break. When we come back, we're going to get to your feedback on Yours Please, Yours.
Speaker 2: Please, brought to you by Leader Home of the list on the top four.
Speaker 1: Of them to get through today, laying a couple of them inaudible. And I really wanted to address this on the podcast today because this is becoming increasingly a problem, and so I'd like for your listening pleasure to play you just a sample of one of the more one of the better quality yours pleases that we've been getting recently, but still almost inaudible.
Speaker 3: So without any further ado, call it yours please.
Speaker 9: Specials help qu Kieren sitting up the stairs.
Speaker 7: Than the radio.
Speaker 5: Two's right, I think I I think I could kind of get the gist of it was.
Speaker 4: That we should have guest commentators and Karen Reid would be good.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's exactly what he was the same, but it's not Yes, that is what he said, but how he said it was he hit the voicemail function bottom right hand corner of his iHeart Radio app and they just chucked it in the coffee holder of his forklift and went about his day. It was ridiculous. We get about three or four of these a day. Just have a look at where your environment is. Like, maybe wait till you can get into the smoker room before you send these ind but the port stands. You know, we've had people on before.
Speaker 8: Now we have.
Speaker 5: We've actually Karen Reid actually commentated a one day with us at Eton Park. Yeah, and we presented him with his ACC jacket we had to get At the time. He was very recently retired, so he was still quite large. I don't think it fits him anymore because he's trimmed down quite a bit, but he has. He's got his on an every ACC jacket. He's been a whole day with us in the commentary box up in Eden Park. We cause a bit of a bit of a stir actually because we were in the Botham's box, which isn't that level five corporate riam and you know they've got a dress code there you can't wear open toad shoes and where he had his wife with him and she had like three hundred dollars birkenstock sandals on. I remember this, and then they go, now you can't come in. We were like, no, no, no, you're good, you're good, and we just piled her into the lift and they chased us up the stairs and then we like like a huddle, almost like the Secret Service around Donald Trump.
Speaker 4: We were like that around Kiaran Reid's wife.
Speaker 5: We got her in there and we hit her in the seats out the front, and they came out and they said to me, she can't be in here. I was like, mate, you go tell Karen Reid that he's just there. You tell him that's not it's not my wife. And now go, okay, look, okay, this one time, Okay, this one time.
Speaker 3: You absolute cowards. Yeah, I don't mind it.
Speaker 1: I think the problem we have is we struggle enough to get enough commentators together just to do a commentary ourselves. If ile on top of that, I'm trying to get someone in, you know, a professional athlete.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 3: The other thing is it becomes glaringly obvious.
Speaker 1: I mean, obviously nobody comes to us for in depth analysis, but when you have someone on who actually knows a bit about the sport, it becomes glaringly obvious how little we known. And it actually becomes quite a tough listen to it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and they start saying stuff, and I remember we hit someone on I think it was when the cricketers used to pop into the caravan in the early days. Willie Nichols used to bring them round to the caravan and just it's been ten minutes in there and there's a look on someone like Lee Hart's face when they started talking about the game plan and how the picture was playing and the back link deliveries and about you know, working, and he's just like just you could see us just blaze over and it was like you could see the whites of his eyes like a lizard because he had no idea what was going on. And yes, it did expose us. And you'd have people like Jason Hoyt who would just agree and go, yes, yes, exactly, yeah, Nathan, I agree absolutely. He had no idea what he sank. Yeah, and then the rest of us going Jesus Christ. I didn't even know that was happening in that game. I didn't even know that was that was an issue. I didn't even know the picture was an issue. I didn't know in conditions we're only sweet. I had no idea what the picture was like. So you're right, it does expose some rather weak foundations that we have within the commentary. If we bring someone on who actually knows what they're talking about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, it's even like the video I recorded a video this morning when I was talking to Tom lathm that'll probably never see the light of day. And I asked him, you know, when I look at the schedule, I look at the game on New Year's Even, I think, man, it sucks to work when all your mates are just on holiday and on the past. And I was like, does that suck for you as well? And he goes, yeah, I don't play ten twenties, so it's not gonna be too big an issue for me. Oh yeah, true.
Speaker 4: I know you walk into that one.
Speaker 3: I know. I was like, okay, well to let that footage then.
Speaker 4: On, you should have doubled down and gone well why are you here?
Speaker 8: Then?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so this is yeah, so why'd they put you up if you don't play T twenty? There's only one who no one watches, so we're gonna sit around and watch you play cricket for five days.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just blatly double down and then you just go, ah, so is that all the yours? Please? Just the one inaudible one? No, no, no, all four of them are like that.
Speaker 3: No, you've just cut out for a little bit. There you're back now.
Speaker 1: It's like you've sent in one from your forklift on yours please, No, we've got three more hits, So another caller here, yours please.
Speaker 9: Fellas just listening to the podcast and old mentioned Lee Hart on the jet skis anyone ask getting Kenny Powers kind of vibes from that. Yeah, And I'm so glad that the Europe's are over now? Could you guys have stop talking about fucking soccer? God, you've been banging on about it, right.
Speaker 3: You can't please these people, can you? Leane?
Speaker 5: Oh my god? Like not enough round ball? Not enough, Europe's too much. Europe's not enough round ball? He started off, Well, I agree Leehart on the panty dropper, the Kinny Powers jet skis as an image I won't get out of my head in a hurry.
Speaker 3: I'm picturing.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you've seen the photo of Jay Z on his jet ski. He's got a helmet and glasses on and he looks like an insect on that.
Speaker 5: The other great jetski scene is off Tiger King And you remember that the guy who owned the pet store, Yes.
Speaker 4: That is that's one of the greats.
Speaker 5: As well there's this is just something about an overweight American on a jet ski.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that just does it for me.
Speaker 3: That is powerful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, apparently Lee HUD's someone sending a voicemail that that's oldly had a jet ski three years ago, haven't seen it back in for a service.
Speaker 3: Since how much of a service does a jet ski need.
Speaker 4: Really, especially if you're not using it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right. Another caller here, yours please.
Speaker 10: Hey fellas. On the topic of favorite Olympic sport, I love but a wait listening. Love watching some massive cunts and little cunts to be fair, pushing some pretty massive mounts of tin. The commentators are super knowledgeable and raw enthusiastic. Is always a chance of a horrific untrey, which lords the bonus.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I completely agree with this. Weightlifting is my favorite thing to watch as well. But it does put the willies up me though, when you see someone just lift something and then just elbow pops out the wrong way and he gives out there on the floor. Then they put the little fence around them like they're about to shoot them thorough or horse. What's your favorite sport to watch at the Olympics?
Speaker 3: Lane?
Speaker 5: Ah, I do like I do like a bit of jeopardy that the weightlifting is good because you like you're saying there's a chance of a horrific injury. But I also like the fact they film the moments before with their coach out the back, and there's different methods of firing them up, like slapping in the face.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just screaming at them. It's just like a massive slap on them.
Speaker 1: Well, unfortunately it seems like we've lost Gelane entirely, which some would say is for the best. So what we're going to do here is take one last quick break. When we come back, we're going to be joined by Tom Birmingham from the Hallow Sports podcast. Well, it's a great pleasure to welcome our dear friend from across the from the Hello Sport podcast, Tom Birmingham.
Speaker 3: Get a Tom, Hey, getting on this afternoon.
Speaker 8: Mate, very very well, thanks for having us. How are you guys doing, Yeah.
Speaker 3: We're doing very very well, thanks mate. State of origin tonight.
Speaker 1: Obviously you're a proud New South Welshman over there, and I see that it's caught your eye that our beloved Mitch Barnett has actually missed the birth of his second son just the whole pads at training across the ditch.
Speaker 3: Let's call you right, didn't it?
Speaker 8: Oh? Absolutely did. We're calling him mana much from across the Dutch. Yeah yeah. And also just we are new South Welshman, but myself and Eddie who's my COEs on the show, both half key we So I just feel like mentioning that off the top, maybe just to ingratiate ourselves further with your audience. Look, it was made apparent to us after Mitch got selected in the second game that he missed the birth of his child, and we were like, oh, that's I mean, obviously that's incredible. But then as the story developed, it was like he actually a kid had been born for a couple of weeks. He missed the birth of his second child to literally come and train with the boys, not on game day, not, I think man just to hold pads, run through some plays and I just think that's New South Wales spirit through and through.
Speaker 1: Well, I've thought this from the moment that he got there, he got named into the squad. I was like mtch bhiit as a state of origin player, you know.
Speaker 3: He's got all of the things.
Speaker 1: I think he's raised on a dairy farm out in rural New South Wales. I couldn't tell you where, and I was like, that is the kind of man that you need in your food, Peck, and I think you and Edie came up with a plan to reward him in some way for that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's right. Look, I mean we sort of we were just trying to think about how we could give back to a man who's you know, given everything to the state. Now you could argue that if you've seen one childbirth, you've seen them all. Maybe that's true. I don't know, but we felt like we needed to do something for him. So we're in the process of basically just trying to organize almost an obnoxious amount of Hauge's nappies to be delivered to Warriores. Training basically is a way to say thank you, see what we can do to maybe just ease the strain at home having a couple of kids. Myself, nappies and wipes a commodity, So we sort of feel like that just will do our part.
Speaker 1: Am I right and thinking if I got the mets right on this, I think the metric was it was tackles times meters run plus a fuckload.
Speaker 8: Correct. Now, you know, it's not exactly an exact it's not an exact science necessarily that tackles times meters times of fuckload is the metric we're going off. So it'll be interesting to see how that shakes out after the night.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's going to entirely depend on how many minutes he gets and also what exactly a fuckload is? What the I know you got Jacko on from the Warriors to help facilitate a little bit of the logistics. He mentioned, why don't you just give him the money and then he could buy the stuff himself. I don't think that's the spirit of what you were trying to do here. I think it's about obviously as a as a good half key to yourself.
Speaker 3: You know, it's about the koha. It's about the gift and the act of gift giving.
Speaker 1: And so I think in that spirit, how how far along the road are you with us?
Speaker 3: Do you need a hand? We've got a yute.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's got fuck all storage in the back of it, but we've got straps and stuff. Do you need someone to pick it up at customs and take it to the training facility?
Speaker 8: Honestly, this couldn't have come at a better time. Initially we reached out to Huggy you thinking, you know, maybe we could help them, help help a good news story, get Huggies involved. They gave us one of the great parning offs of all time, as is there right, But obviously they will come to rule the day and they see, you know, the success of this gesture. But look, if you guys, it'd be fantastic. We were, we were, we were, We were considering flying them over there. Then thought it's probably just easy to buy him on the ground in New Zealand. But you're right, Jacko will be getting none of our money, that's for damn sure.
Speaker 3: Well he's probably going to siphon some off anyway.
Speaker 8: We've just got as a concern.
Speaker 1: We've just had a Costco open up here in New Zealand. I feel like that's probably the way to go in terms of buying in bulk. Don't why don't we take our ut it's a nineteen ninety six Ford falcon yut sacked out. We have to take it to a dodgy workshop to get the rigo over here. But why don't we take that out to Costco? Get meters times tackles times a fuck load worth of nappies and then drive them out to South Auckland and deliver them and deliver them to Muna mitch from across the ditch when he gets back.
Speaker 8: That sounds like a fantastic idea now, where if you can give us the details of this costco happy to we'll get on the front foot and make the purchase for you and then just have it all set up so you guys can come and pick it up.
Speaker 3: I think, I think that this is this could be fruitful. We're all involved.
Speaker 1: If not on the back of the year, we also have a caravan where we commentate sports out of the back of we could probably you know, potentially empty that out fillet with a metric fuck ton of nappies and what wipes was it?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 8: I just feel like wet wipes are If you're going to be changing nappies, there's a very big challenge. You can be covered in shit, and not just any shit, it's new baby shit, which is the most potent of all shits, at least from my experience, so you probably want to have at least a healthy dose of wipes in there as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, all right, what Here's what I think we do. I think we put a pin in this and take it offline. We will see that if we've got any connections over the side of the Dutch that could potentially help out. You know, we scratch their beck, they scratch our beck, We scratch your back sort of situation. Love that and if we can't, then other option as we get the hellows book credit card, run it through the wall at Costco and happy families.
Speaker 8: Sounds fantastic and listen, I mean, I don't know know what our next couple of weeks look like. I'm not going to commit to it. But if there's a world where we maybe hop on a flight and get over there and deliver them with you, then I'm just keeping all options open at this point because I want to see Man and Mitch from across the ditch Getty Navies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think we all do, and so anything that we can do to help make that happen, We'll just keep our eyes up over the next couple of weeks. Well, thank you very much for joining us on the podcast today, Tom go well enjoy your state of origin.
Speaker 3: Football. Quick prediction for the score.
Speaker 8: Tonight New South Wales by a fuck load to be honest. Game one we basically wanted a man down. Game two it was a fuck load, and then game three, I'm just feeling it. There's a lot of positive vibes in the air here in New South Wales. And whilst you know positive vibes, have you know turned up to be incorrect vibes in the past. I'm just I'm feeling it.
Speaker 3: Well, I'll check.
Speaker 1: I know we've got different bidding apps across the ditch over your side and outside, but I'll check our bidding partner and see if they've got a market for News Wales by a fuck looad. Enjoy enjoy the game tonight, mate, and we'll be in touch to see if we can't get these nappies too much.
Speaker 8: Perfect. Great to talk with you.
Speaker 3: Thanks, I really appreciate it all right.
Speaker 1: We'll have accidentally signed myself up for far more work than I would like to have done. But a massive thank you to Tom Birmingham from Hello Sports podcast. Go listen to the podcast by the way, if you haven't already, I'm sure if you're listening to this you're probably already aware of that. And a massive thank you to g Lane Live at a witness protection. Go well, wherever it is that you are around the country, We're going to knock it on the head for today. We'll be back tomorrow for another episode of the Gender podcast.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to. The ACC's a gender podcast brought to you by Export Ultra. For more episodes, like and follow on iHeartRadio. With them, you'll get your podcasts