Speaker 1: Fucking inside Net for getting you closer to the game you love with a Dean Wilson, Hannah Stanley and Jenny wood so By News Talks.
Speaker 2: That'd be Jett Koteau and welcome to it insay people, the full team prison and account for today to review round seven and chat with Mainland tactic shooter to Pious selby Rickett. But first World News, there's a bit floating around this week, Jen, you wanted more women supporting women? How about would be Goldberg's or Women's Sports Network agreeing to broadcast super NETFAK to more than sixty five countries over the next three years. I mean, she's answering you call.
Speaker 3: Well, that's right, she is. But then when I thought about it, I thought, okay, what was it? Sixty five countries? So do you really think that the women in those countries are going?
Speaker 4: I just wanted a bit more, a bit more detail.
Speaker 2: How do you want?
Speaker 3: You ask a lot a start? It is a start, It is a start, but I want to know more.
Speaker 2: That's fair more. You heard a little bit more while you were in Australia over the weekend. Yes, I had a little weekend in Sydney. No I watched the news, and I think it was so Sophia Thorn said, if you can't see it, you can't be it. So you've got to get more of our competition out in that global reaction. And as Liz Alla said, yes, our sport is a global sport because fifty country is paying it for But this opens the global reach out to so many more nine hundred million households, you know, sixty five countries. That's got to help obviously the sun Court. But we've surely got a benefit from it as well our sport.
Speaker 4: But how do we latch onto it?
Speaker 2: That is the next question.
Speaker 4: That's the next question.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, how how I mean, I think good on her, you know, go sister, act more people.
Speaker 2: I mean, this is this is the first global media channel dedicated exclusively to showcasing women's sports, So that itself is a pretty cool achievement from Willy Goldberg. Yeah, well, things that can come from it a commercial sponsorship. You know, the more we see it, the more people want to invest in our sport, and that's what we need. And didn't you hear as well that it was actually Whippy that saw neckball like approach neckball. She reached out through social media channel. She saw some little social post, approached Australian Netball and the rest is history. So I just think that's so cool, right.
Speaker 3: Well, I want to be excited about it. I just will be excited when I see the next step and when I know how.
Speaker 4: To watch it.
Speaker 2: Well, they're trying to get her over for the sun Caught Netball Grand Final, So I imagine seeing Whopopy Goldberg sitting in the in the final between between the who, the Swifts and the Giants. Casey. Casey and Grace were on each other on the weekend cheap as.
Speaker 4: That was a good game, wasn't it.
Speaker 2: The Star versus the Icon, That's what it was.
Speaker 3: And I thought honors were pretty shared by the end of the game because the Giants just went straight out and they got that massive lead and then the Swifts and you know then Grace sort of shook us out down and.
Speaker 4: They, I mean they won.
Speaker 2: It was I thought it was fab They're learning how to feed her now as how'sbee seed? You turn and you can see this great physique in this presence in the circle. Just let it go. I mean, Casey had her own four games, but yeah.
Speaker 4: Yep, absolutely, I thought honest shed as.
Speaker 2: We spoke about. She was a high jumper. She knows how to jump, she's strong. Give her the ball, she's the dream. Goalshoot if you're a wing attack. More news out from around the world. Any world Netble announcing a Netble World Cup every two years. The next World Cup is in Sydney twenty twenty seven, or future World Cups will be in November, so we know a definite month of the year, so the next one after that would be November twenty twenty nine. A good decision, yeah, I think so, given that we don't know about the longevity of the Commonwealth Games. We're not an Olympic sport yet. Yes, yes, you know, the more visible, the more visible our sport is out there, then it's it's got to be a great thing. So a lot of people are saying it might dumb down the competition because you know, when it's every four years, it's a bit more of a prestige.
Speaker 4: But I think I think two years is fantastic, you know, I don't.
Speaker 3: I mean I think it is too and I think you know, rowing has a World Cup every year. I mean, you just just keep it coming. I just think, you know, push it push it. We do need to pin down twenty twenty nine where that World Cup will be. I mean I guess, well, who knows where it'll be.
Speaker 2: Often might just in at southern northern hemisphere. I suppose it's whoever's got the money, But I think too smart from World nit Well, that's how they make their money as a World Cup. So if you're you're basically doubling your money, I mean you're doubling your expenses, but you're giving yourself another opportunity to fund nitball as a global reach. They are Jenny to your point earlier when we were spoking off here, no one has picked up Fast five though, so you are sacrificing that. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was interested to read that because I thought, oh, okay, it was always quite popular.
Speaker 4: I thought it was almost and always.
Speaker 2: Was it run its core. So you know how sometimes you have this it's like this big thing and then it's I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's a great party for particularly for a woman of a certain age.
Speaker 4: I felt very much at home there.
Speaker 2: And a men's World Cup, so they've not only gone, you know, every two years the Men's Will Cup. I'm a little bit dubious about the men's World Cup given Australia are just so much better than everyone else, right, they thrash the Kiwi's. You know, they've just had a big win over the English. So I think this is a good step for men's netble, but I think the first World Cup could be a bit of a whitewash, is it again?
Speaker 5: Though?
Speaker 2: With that wider goal of Olympics, it's not to have men and women equivalent to you know, really get a look at it, Olympic. See.
Speaker 3: It's interesting because I always thought that that was going to be as an Olympic sport. I thought it would be playing fast five. So clearly they're ditching that idea.
Speaker 2: Isn't that because we're now seeing the two point shot in the normal than the traditional game. I suppose to your student sent maybe they're saying that's which the way it's going to do now because that was the big difference. I mean, obviously five is a seven players, but he knows so a lot of news, a lot of world news and positive news, I think, really absolute news for our sport, which we so dearly need. Absolutely right, our guest today is having a stellar season with the Mainland Tactics. She debuted for New Zealand in twenty sixteen, winning World Cup gold in twenty nineteen. She spent nine seasons with the Southern Steel, helping them win the Anzi Premiership in twenty eighteen, before joining the Tactics in twenty twenty. She has sixty four Test caps for the Silver Ferns, with her most recent appearance during the twenty twenty three Networ World Cup. Since then, however, she's been unavailable for selection. Will her form this year inspire a change of heart? Welcome to PI us so great that you can join us from what it looks like a very sunny day in christ Church everyone, Yeah, thanks for having me. What a season the Tactics have been having you yourself, look as so you've got a whole new lease of life. You're just enjoy your net. Well what is it that's bringing this brilliant form in twenty twenty five?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think we've got a really good mix of a few of us older girls sort of over thirty, and then we've kind of like half of us are like over thirty, like me, Ka Ali, Jane Cudden, and then we've got a bit of a gap and then we've got these really young talented girls coming through that sort of keep us on our toes. Yeah, they keep things sort of nice and fresh for us, and I think it's really it's a really good mix. We learn off them, they learn off us. So yeah, I think for the last couple of years, we've been there and thereabouts, and it's been really disappointing, especially last year not to make that final because we've got enough experience to be able to do that. And I think this year, yeah, we've got a new coach. She's brings up different like I said, young players, old players, and I think it's just coming together really nicely for us.
Speaker 2: So let's talk about that new coach because Donna, I guess, is from a Dean and Our kind of vintage. What would be her strength you think that she brings to this tactics environment.
Speaker 5: I think she's, as you guys know, she's really direct. She doesn't fluff around anything. If there's something that you need to work on, she will let you know and she will work at it with you, so you're you're never left kissing like, oh what do I need to do? And she's really she keeps it really simple as well. There might be only one or two things that she really want you to focus on, but she wants you to do it really well. So yeah, I've really enjoyed having her. And we're lucky enough. She's not entirely new to us. She's been around our environment for a while. She's done a bit of stuff with Ferns over the last couple of years, so it's not like she's coming into Super Green. She's got lots of experience. She knows the players. Yeah, and I've actually loved having her as like I said, it's not many specialist shooter coaches around these days, and so we're really lucky to have it. Also, her basketball background is really good. I played a bit of basketball too growing up, so I understand some of the stuff that she's trying to do with us. You know, she's big on like boxing out and screens and things like that, which I really enjoy.
Speaker 3: And of course standing next to her to part is your sister, now, how does that work?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's weird. A lot of people ask that question, but I don't see her as my sister. When we were at neckball, It's not like we're we argue and stuff at training or always hanging out together. She's just to me, she's just another When I played with her, she was just another player. I treat her as another player at training, and now she's just another coach to me. She does things We're very different. She does things that I'm not good at, like defence. That's something that that's her area, and so I never question or disagree with her. And I'm more of an attacker. So it works quite well. I guess it's great for mum and dad because they don't have to support two different teams. But yeah, I don't even the girls say they don't even really, if you didn't know that we were sisters, you would never guess because we're so different and we have our own strengths and we sort of just sort of stick to that.
Speaker 2: We Your strengths this year have been many. You have been shooting beautifully, your court work. Last year, you made yourself unavailable for selection for the Ferns. Are you tempted to throw your name back in there for selection because you certainly have got the form for it.
Speaker 5: Nah, I haven't really considered doing that. I've really enjoyed the balance that I've had the last couple of years, just focusing on ain' Z. My body's really good. I have zero injuries. I'm actually the only one. I like to try this. I'm the only one in our team that hasn't had a physio appointment this year.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 5: So I like saying that because I'm one of the oldest. Yeah, since I used to have lots of playing netball for the whole year round would take quite a toll on the body. I as have really bad achilles and that's all gone. Now I'm able to spend more time with family, do a bit of study, and so I really enjoyed that balance. So it's kind of hard being like, oh, do I go back into that sort of full time netball all year round type thing at the moment. The answer is no, but yeah, you never know. But yeah, like I said, I'm enjoying the balance at the moment.
Speaker 2: So long term, you'll just be happy to be an A and Z player for the next Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm actually quite old now. I don't know if you guys realize.
Speaker 2: You're still not us.
Speaker 4: We do, we do, And.
Speaker 5: I struggle to keep up with some of these young girls these days. They're so fit and fast and full of energy, And yeah, I think it's I've spent eight years in the ferns environment, and as much as I loved it, I think it's time probably just to let those new girls come through. There's so much talent coming through, especially in the goal attack position at the moment, so I think it's, yeah, it's their time to shine.
Speaker 3: So you say, you, you know, you haven't had many injuries or anything like that, So what's the key? What's what are you doing? Are you training more, are you working? What are you doing studying?
Speaker 5: I did study last year. I've just been doing a bit of part time work at for tomining old Okoua as well outside of netball, which I really enjoyed working on projects there. And yeah, with the injuries, I don't know. I just feel like my body is at the point where I know what I need to do. I know what I do best to recover.
Speaker 2: Training smarter, training smarter.
Speaker 5: Smarter exactly. Yeah, which is for probably the last three years, I haven't had a single injury or any type of niggle. So it's been really good because, yeah, the niggles, injuries take a toll mentally, so it's just been really nice to just be healthy and injury free.
Speaker 2: It's awesome that you can just see that you're enjoying it, which is and great to emphasize that balance. I think that's such an important message to have. Look next year, when New Zealand have confirmed there is going to be a competition, what that looks like. No one really knows. In the next few years. If you were to stay in that ain z environment, what would you want the competition to look like? I mean, how have you felt about two rounds versus three? You know, if you had your wishless, what would it be?
Speaker 5: I reckon it'd been pretty cool to see. I know it's a pretty tough space when it bought the moment, but to see another team potentially come into the competition, I don't know where, but I think if we can have more opportunities for players in New Zealand, it can only do good things for us. But I have actually really enjoyed the two the two rounds, yeah, I feel like it keeps players fresh. I think playing that third game, it was always a little bit like, oh my gosh, this is the third time. Sometimes you would have played them in pre season as well, and you might even play them again in final was it kind of gets a bit boring after the fourth time that you're playing a team, so I think, yeah, just the two rounds keeps it more exciting. But yeah, I don't know. Good question. Yeah, I think it'll be cool in the future to see another team.
Speaker 2: Would you consider going overseas yourself, because I mean you're saying you're unavailable for the food, so that actually opens the door for you don't have to worry about this eligibility chat.
Speaker 5: Yeah. True, I haven't actually thought about that. I think I don't know. It could be an option, but it's not really something I've thought about. I'm just I've just been focusing on our competition. Oh are you there?
Speaker 2: Yep? Still got us?
Speaker 5: Oh my screen just cut out there? All right. I've just been focusing on our team and our comp this year. But yeah, overseas could be an option. Like, I'm not restricted or anything like that, but like I said earlier, I am getting older.
Speaker 2: So what they like when you're a players? Look, okay, got more over the moment.
Speaker 5: Yeah, exactly, true. Yeah, it's really exciting. I do watch the Gussie comps most of the games, and it's yeah, it's a really it's a really good competition and it's really exciting, very different to ours. I think that man that man on the style that they play would be tough every week. But yeah, I don't know. I haven't really considered going over there the techtics.
Speaker 2: You've only lost one game this year, and it happens to be against the Stars, so we're sitting at the bottom of the table. Crazy. Do you feel like you guys have got the winning culture now you've been sitting at the top of the letter along with the mistics. Do you feel like you can go all the way this year?
Speaker 5: Yeah, definitely, one hundred percent. I will. I felt like that other years as well, and it hasn't happened. But I think that there's more of it with Donna brings that ruthless mentality. She Yeah, she's just got She's just such a winner. She hates losing. We're never ever complacent in our team, even though we'd, like you said, we've had a few wins. We're never sitting there thinking that there's always things to work on, there's always things to improve on. And she's really ruthless in that respect and making sure that we're practicing things that we need to or like at the last few games, we haven't really really been good on the fourth quarter So that's been our for focus this week or the last couple of weeks, is to make sure that we're finishing quarters, we're closing out the game, because it hasn't been too much of an issue in the last couple of games because we've been had a bit of a margin, But in those tight games and the finals, it's going to cost us. So that's something that we're really going to be working on and hopefully you'll see against the Pulse this weekend that we're going to close out the game really nicely.
Speaker 3: I was going to ask you about the Pulse game because I think Donna had a season or two for the Pulse with Robbie Broughton, didn't she. So I wonder if you know this is a particularly big game for her. Have you been, you know, any tactics for her for your game at the weekend.
Speaker 5: Well, we've just talked about that they're hurting at the moment. They've lost three in a row now, and that they're not used to, you know, that sort of they're winning. They come from a winning culture and we really want to punish them and make it a fourth. But in saying that, having lost three games, they're going to really want to win this one, so they're going to come out really strong, they'll be really physical, and they'll be going for everything. So we're just we're prepared for that and I'm actually looking forward to it. It was a really good game against them last time. I thought we played really well at home, but it's different when you're playing away from you know, playing away and playing at TESP, they always get really good crowds. Their crowd gets behind them, so you can never ever be complacent complacent against players. They've got six silver ferns in there, and even though they haven't probably been playing as good as they'd like the last few games, you just you know that any time they can come out and having to play out standing and have a really good game with all the experience and expected I've got. So yeah, it's going to be a good one, I reckon.
Speaker 2: And they're gonna be desperate because they actually need the win to keep in the hunt for the elimination finals. So no, it's going to be a great match. We haven't seen your wing tach yet, Teaps. We had Donner on the podcast a few weeks at she said she's got that one in the back of her mind.
Speaker 5: Just I know I've tried. I've always said, give me a go, give me a please, and like whenever people get injured a few times Marianne other years be like, oh, just you know, I've got you in the back of my mind. And even this year with Eric Khanna with her injuries, Donnad was like, I'm gonna put you. We're gonna take. But it's never actually happened.
Speaker 2: So three rounds to go.
Speaker 5: It can't be that hard. It can't be that you don't have to shoot.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, but you've got to be pinpoint accurate with your passes.
Speaker 5: But actually I can just stand at the center pass.
Speaker 2: And hold well, you'll be able to because you're nice and tall, exactly, can sight in the circle right before we let you go. We every week we do a fast five. So we've just got some quick five questions. You can give us as much or as little information as you like.
Speaker 1: Look past five on inside Netball.
Speaker 2: First one, what is your go to postgame snack.
Speaker 4: Or meal.
Speaker 5: Or burger? I like a burger, Oh, check and beef?
Speaker 2: What kind beef?
Speaker 5: Beef? And cheese?
Speaker 2: Nice and cheese. If you could have played any other sport other than netball, what would it have been tennis.
Speaker 4: Interesting.
Speaker 3: You see, tennis is big, okay, So who in your team is most likely to A get you into trouble and then b get you out of trouble.
Speaker 5: Jane would get me into trouble and Eric Hanna would get me out of trouble.
Speaker 2: I think someone said the other way around, and Donna say Jane would get you out of trouble because she's a good talker.
Speaker 3: Yes, a TP interesting, interesting, interesting strengths.
Speaker 2: If you could take any three athletes in the world, dead or alive with you to dinner, who would you take? And we've had some very consistent answers on this, so it's going to be interesting to see if you've got any any that you say the same as other athletes have had so far.
Speaker 5: Well, I love basketball, so i'd say Lebron James, we've had him, Roger Federer, and who else? Maybe Serena Will.
Speaker 2: Yes, I think there are three most popular actor it needs to do a poll. And last one, best advice you've ever been given.
Speaker 5: Just to have fun. I think you're not gonna you play your best when you're enjoying it, and sometimes you just get so caught up and how serious and how intense things are. But when you have fun, your vision opens up. You see everything clearly. Yeah, so just enjoy That's what I like to live.
Speaker 4: By, and that's what it looks like you're having this season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you also, and we really appreciate your time. All the best for the match against the Pulse this weekend. Thanks guys, Thank you.
Speaker 1: Day talking all things netball, inside netball, inside nedball on my Heart Radio.
Speaker 2: You kind of think with all her answers today to pie it, you can really get the sense of how relaxed she is just enjoying it, and you're seeing that translate to performance.
Speaker 5: Chen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well I think so too.
Speaker 3: But what I can't get over is so no TP, no Jane, no Eric Khana, no Ellie available for the Ferns, and yet look where they are at the top of the table, and you just wonder if there's a little message there. I mean, Ellie Bird herself has said that's what she did. I think while she was away she sort of thought, well, you know, this mortal life the netball, and she's playing her best netball of all time, so you know, message there for everyone ain't and.
Speaker 2: You forget she's played one hundred and seventy five National League games. So aside from I think Leana Debray and Leani Liota, who they're both coaches now so they're not playing. So she is the most kept player across all these teams. And I think she's playing great netball. She's you know, putting in some good ball. We love the fact that she's a third feeder as a goal attack, so something to be said for just having no pressure on you and just performing. I love the fact that she's taking a lot more shots this season than we've seen in the past, or it feels that way. I think if I look at the game in the weekend, the Tech they beat the Stars sixty one fifty three to Paya, where is it on my sheet? Here she sixteen from sixteen from twenty, so you know, sometimes she would only be in single digits. So she's really taking that load on in that shedting role. But if we talk about that Star's tactics game, the big thing to come out of that, what about the young Marie Hanson made her debut for the Stars shot seven from eight. But the key of those seven from eight it was in that last quarter five US six super shots gen which was little.
Speaker 4: One point seven meters. I had to look it up. She's not that young. She's twenty seven.
Speaker 2: She's played for Tom for Tom twenties. That's young.
Speaker 3: Well yes, yes, but she was only on court for eight minutes. But you know you've got a hand at Timmy, Para Bailey and Leanna to Braid. I mean I was talking to Leslie Murdoch who commentated that game, and she was saying she and Mary and Laney Hoshik went through this that they've had twenty players on their their sheet. Wow this season. So man, they've been you know, going through them. But I thought there were a couple of things from that. I mean, Simon Nathan I thought made a huge difference in that game. She was just I've always been a bit of a fan of Simon's and look she just you know, was clinical in the mid court. But yeah, I mean they were never going to win, but it was you know, they fought well.
Speaker 2: They won the second half. Sars won the second half by eight, They won the last quarter twenty to twelve, and as you heard from TP before, the Tectics won't be happy with that. Leading into finals netball, they've got three rounds to go they will want to be, you know, finishing off games. We're seeing other teams not finishing off. Pulse comes to mind, So there are we something that the Tectics will want to want affects. But what a baptism of fire for poor old Bubby and Leanna in their first year of coaching. Ups to Kayla Johnson. She comes in off the back of your team a Dane and plays sixty minutes now at gold defense not defense, seriously, but they have They have had possibly the worst start you could hope for as a coach. It can only get better, It can only get better. We skipped over the first game of the round. It was the Mystics against the Magic again. Again the Mystics won. That won easy, sixty three fifty one. Just when we think the Magic are looking good, they lose every quarter in that game. Our picks and eat. They're looking a bit dubious. We had them in our top three.
Speaker 4: In the competition.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're still in the hunt, but they it's getting tougher and tougher every week with three rounds to go. What I did like is that Echinacio put up quite quite a few more balls than we've used to seeing her put up nineteen from twenty to two e twenty three from twenty seven, so they are really sharing that that shooting load. Mistics haven't lost since round four and that was against the Tactics, So you know, mistakes are looking good.
Speaker 3: What are they going to do when Danelle Wallom's back from injury because this Sophia love Lee is good.
Speaker 2: Two percent another good game and the volume forty eight for fifty two. Yeah, I mean you'd think Walom would be on limited minutes anyway, so they're both probably going to get I mean, what a good the opposite problem to Jimmy Parta and Leana. What a good problem to have. And again I think that defensive trio. I like how they're using Holly Ray and Kayla Circles and Catherine Hall again she is leading deflections or intercept sorry for the whole competition and second in deflections every week. She's been playing well. And then we get to the Pole Steel whole game around, the game of around leading into the last quarter, the Pulse were up by was eight eight goals leading into the last quarter, even though where is my notes? And then nine points they were leading at three quarter time by nine points. They got pipped by one. What happened? Jed, well, I.
Speaker 4: Mean I couldn't leave it.
Speaker 3: And it was funny because after the game, Georgi Georgia Heaven player of the match, and she just said, she said, I knew, I knew we were always going to win, and I thought, wow, gee.
Speaker 2: Well it was a steel side that just knew how to grind it out. And it was the complete opposite to what we've seeing of the pulse. They just can't quite finish, you know, George Heiffenin in the last five minutes, you know, putting up those two point shots that that really got them within the game done. Was just so composed under the hope. I do question though, with Kate Hefferin and her load. She came on for the first quarter fifteen minutes, second quarter was on for twelve minutes, and then she goes off, third quarter eleven minutes, goes off last quarter when it was so close, when you'd think you'd keep Kate Hefferenon on the court, she plays ten minutes and then and she pulls her off. What's going to be another five minutes a quarter.
Speaker 3: And if you're coming back from a knee injury, you'd be on instructions from above.
Speaker 2: I just find that I just I don't know, I find that weird. Really as an extra five minutes of low We're gonna when they could have really done to Wendy to tell her off, you know, you know she kept stay saying that you're not taking me off? Like it was so close. The hard one though, isn't it, Because imagine if you did leave her on and then she did get injured, you'd be like, oh, I went against all advice. So but yes, you're surprising that Kate didn't say believe.
Speaker 3: Me, and also she did if she did say that, you couldn't leave her there, good you you'd have to take her off.
Speaker 4: Who wins that argument, the coach or the player?
Speaker 2: What the coach would But it's just when she could twist the coaches and I'm feeling fine, I'm feeling fine.
Speaker 4: But how at the end of the game, I was leaping up and down.
Speaker 2: But if we flip that around, what's going on with Tiana? Why is she really struggling? And they didn't use Molly Seller. You know, Tiana on the flip side only put up what six of seven for the whole game and got one of two is that a I know we bring this up every now and then about how many shots goal attacks taking, but that's what a huge amount of emphasis on Wormsley and it means you can double back and put two defenders on Warmsley. Is it a problem going forward? Is that where they need to fix things. I think it's not just Maturda. You know, they've got they've got Gordon and Sooness who are silverfer and in mid quarters. They they should be supporting those shooters. As TP said, they've got six yeah, silver ferns in that team, and you'd have to be worried if you're some of those silver ferns looking at selection coming up given their results. I think given Wormsley is so young, Matuto is still fairly young. I know she's the most experience in that goal circle. Gordon and Sooner should be doing more to help. I think at times Paris Mason's getting found out a little bit much down there. I agree she's doing too much work out the front, leaving poor old Kelly on her own for two on one and she's taken too long to get in the circle Mason. So there's a couple of things.
Speaker 3: And I wonder too about you know, she's always well not always, but she does tend to take off Yuannie and put Gabby Simpson on, and I'm thinking, oh, actually I'd leave Yuannie on. But look, we'll see because this this week is going to be massive against the Tactics and as TP said, you know they'll be gunning for them absolutely.
Speaker 2: So where we are on the points table is Tactics and Mystics are sitting in the top. Tactics only need one point in the next three rounds that can come from a bonus point, and they have confirmed they're in that top three. Mystics only need two points and they're in. Where it gets interesting is everyone else is that she's still in the mix with three games to go. To be fair to the Stars is going to take a bit of a mathematical challenge. They need people to lose, people to win. But Poles steal in Magic are all completely still in it for the chase for the last three spots. You don't agree to gen no, no, I do.
Speaker 3: But because I just I wouldn't be are going to change my tune totally here.
Speaker 4: I wasn't bank on the Magic. I mean they've been banking.
Speaker 2: I've let up down And because they are on Poles are on ten points, Steel are on ten points and Magica on eight and you get three points for a win. So they I mean, they're all still in it, and they're all sort of playing a mixture of each other this week, the Steel applying the Magic, and it's at home. You get the sense the steal. I mean, we've been wrong so often this year, but you get the sense of stell. You know, even that win, coming from behind, winning that last quarter seventeen to seven, unstoppable now unstoppable, stoppable, and they beat the Magic and the last time they played them as well forty one sixty nine, So that will give them confidence. And as you say, it's at home and in Icago and tactics pulse. Should we be weary or should the tactics be weary? You heard Tapia talk about it of the pulse or attacts is going to be too good?
Speaker 4: Well, I can't help but think the tactics are going to be too good.
Speaker 3: I mean the pulse, I know, and we've heard all that from tp and we've heard you can imagine how Anna Andrews Desola. They'll be cooking up plans and all that sort of thing. I just can't see them getting up and over the Tactics.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think the Tactics will win that too. They just look like a team that aren't playing together. They just don't have that leadership or cohesiveness. I think they'll play better than what they did last week. I think they'll there'll be some serious questions, you know, being asked at training this week. So I think they will be better. But as you heard from TP, I think they're just running on confidence and tactics. I'll go with that one. Talking of confidence, it's going to take something special for the Stars to win over the Mystics. Are we talking a double figure win for the Mystics.
Speaker 3: Here, Well, we've had a few of those already, haven't we. I mean, how many have we had? But yes, I think so. Yeah, Mystics Mystics will be too strong. Great to see if you know, la Faye Lily gets another run out there. I love the fact that Tia win Aikid's showing confidence in her young players. Love the fact that Bobby Borden, you know, a more youthful player.
Speaker 2: I know she's you said she was older, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well twenty seven.
Speaker 3: So again following the pathway, Crystal, I mean, I like the fact that they have been bringing through the players from the Inn and l so you know the pathway is working.
Speaker 2: And that's what we heard from Nolean, Dave Nolean a few weeks ago, how passionate she is about bringing them through. The other piece of news we saw this week Kate heaven and another player that has spoken about the potential of playing over an ss N, and in that same article it actually it reiterated that the New Zealand Players Association had put a deadline on netbul New Zealand about giving the players some confidence on the broadcasting deal for next year. We know New Zealand has come out and said there will be another competition six teams, but it might be run down at Auckland Netball. I was going to say, but we need to know who the broadcast is going to be. I mean, Addie, you know yourself. When it comes to this point of the year, people start talking contracts. It is what happens because you're allowed to talk to players within your own squad the stage about do you want to play next year? So not only do you not really know what it looks like next year, there's this eligibility question still up in the air. We're hearing more and more players come out and say, oh I've been approached. I'm really thinking about it. Do you get together? I mean this has just come to me just now. You know, if we've got if he's six or seven silver ferns that are getting approached, do you come together and go stuff it? Let's all take the punt. Let's go because you're going to have to pick us otherwise there's no one left for the Commonwealth game save And we've heard Nolane say she wants the best team. That's just throwing it out.
Speaker 4: Did you well, yeah, no, that's well good thinking.
Speaker 3: But from what point of a season can you be asked about the following the next year?
Speaker 2: It's after the finals, yeah, after the finals, but that's coming round very quickly and three games away. And let's be honest people, they're not supposed to, but those conversations subtly do go on. And if there's no broadcast, players aren't getting paid. Players need to look at what they're going to do next year for a job. Some of them will have mortgages that they need to pay, like you know, it's their livelihoods, so well study actually they actually I can do more study or whatever.
Speaker 4: It might be, or become maths teachers like Paris Mason.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, we did like that, didn't we thought?
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 2: A lot of news this week for netball, most of it other than that last piece we just talked about, very very positive. So three rounds to go. Who's going to make it? Our money is now? I think our safe money is now definitely on the Tactics and the Mystics. We're all scratching our heads about who's going to meet them in their elimination final. Back, thank you again for joining us this week. Remember you can download Inside Netball on iHeartRadio or wherever you get your podcasts until next episode. How too are