Speaker 1: Welcomes of football fevers talks.
Speaker 2: It's Monday, start of a new week, an exciting week ahead and exciting couple of weeks ahead. This is football fever. I'm Jason Pine with Bonnie Jansen alongside. We know who Auckland FC are going to play in the A League Men's semi finals. Bonnie, it's Melbourne Victory. How are you feeling about that in general terms?
Speaker 1: Well, I had a feeling this was going to happen. Finey I think I've said it for some time. I've just you know what that the hurt we all went through about this time last year with the Wellington Phoenix and how they came so close and Melbourne Victoria are so good this time of year. Heading into that elimination final over the weekend, I just knew they were going to get up despite the incredible form Wes since Sydney have had at the moment, I just, you know, thought Melbourne Victory are too good at this time of year and proved just that.
Speaker 2: Yep, So it proved. You sent me a message saying exactly that before the game. I went back to and said, no, no, it'll be Western Sydney who come through. So we all know who was right there you as per usual a two to one win at Combank Stadium, so on Western Sydney's home ground for Melbourne Victory, Casey Boss with an early goal to put them one up, Zach Sapsford square the LEDGEI midway through the first half and then just before half times in a den mashash gave Victory a two to one lead which they never relinquished. Pretty even game really was. I don't know, I was a little bit underwhelmed by Western Sydney. I have to sign the second half for you know, knowing that this season was on the line. Nicholas Milanovitch, for example, had one of his quietest games of the whole season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought the same Piney that that first half was super exciting. Obviously with the three goals, I thought were for sure we were in for a big game. But obviously the second half was a little bit more lackluster. But no, you're right, Western Sydney have had such a good season. They've had the best recent run of other than Auckland f C. I believe so. Yeah that it was surprising and a real shame their season had to be in that way.
Speaker 2: But Melbourne victory. You're right, you know, and I probably should have seen this, just know how to get things done at this time of the season. They are perennial finalists going back through history. I saw a stat yesterday they've won more finals games than anybody else in the twenty year history of the A League. And they just got it done. Daniel Arzani was the standout, assisting the first goal and amazing run to set up the winner. Before we really unpack it me who would be favorite for the semi final? Would it be Melbourne victory with their history and their proud pedigree or is it the new boys Auckland f who and take you any bias out of this, who would be favorite to go through to the grand final?
Speaker 1: You know, you look at the season Auckland f C of having and it's hard to look past them being the favorites, particularly with the defense have had. It's not going to be easy for Melbourne to break down. But honestly, I feel like Melbourne victory just with the experience that they have at this time of year in these knockout games, these big games. We don't know what Auckland are like. They've shown us time and time again they can get up in big moments and they can push right to the end of it of a match and get a late winner. But you know, this is new territory for Auckland. No, new territory doesn't scare them. It hasn't scared them all season long. But yeah, it's they'll be feeling nerves, I'm sure far more than than Melbourne victory will.
Speaker 2: Now such a unique situation too, across the two legs. It's not like anything they've had to do before. Because when the final whistle blows on Saturday night, we're only at halftime, aren't we in the tie? So we'll talk about what a good, bad and in between result is in a moment. There is the schedule. Auckland f C. Melbourne victory in the semi final Leg one this coming Saturday, the seventeenth of May, Amy Park in Melbourne, nine thirty five pm New Zealand time, Saturday night. Now, Tyler Street, Sport, the brit and Tuckle Tye Square are all hosting watch parties. They're putting a big thirty meters screen up in Tucker Tie Square having some cage football or DJ and other games. So they're saying that's good for families. Tyler Street Sport I think is where the port will be, and the Brits I think a little more relaxed and suited to I guess the less fanatical football fan. I don't know any of these places. Have I got that right?
Speaker 1: Yeah? No, I think you've yeah, you've said it. Well, it's down in Britamar and it's yeah, big open space. It should go well down there. I'm currently tossing up myself as a fan whether I go down there and watch it and so can all the atmosphere and be with people that will be so obsessed with the game like I will be, or whether it's better for me to sit at home, pony and watch it locked in with no distractions. I'm not sure yet. I'm still deciding. But yeah, it's good Auckland putting on a show. I mean we're not surprised, are we, with the amount of shows that put on all season.
Speaker 2: Yeah. It's a great innovation again by them to not only come up with one idea, but you know, three different ideas, three different environments that you can watch this game from. You've got a few days to make up your mind whether you choose one of those environments or the environment of your couch. The Second League is on the Saturday, May twenty fourth, go Media six o'clock. They're adding twenty seven hundred extra seats for the semi another eight hundred of Auckland FC make the Grand Final. General admission tickets incidentally for the home leg of the Semi go on sale tomorrow Tuesday at three o'clock. Members have all been having the opportunity already to buy them. Without doubt this game will sell out, So Auckland FC Melbourne victory. They've played one another twice this season, a nil all draw at go Media Stadium on New Year's Day and then just three and a bit weeks ago Auckland f C won two nil at Amy Park with goals to Louis Vustrata and Gizmo May and what is widely regarded as one of Auckland f C's best performances of the season. In that game, Bonnie, he went with a back five. He brought Callen Elliott into the starting lineup, Sarki Hall Pinekeer Devrees. They all started the strata Guy Gossen Brimmer and midfield My and Rogerson up fronts given it work so well, three weeks ago, you reckon he'll go back to a back five on Saturday.
Speaker 1: It's so hard to call piney. I don't think he will. I think what he'll do instead is start someone like Nate Modano, who tends to drop a little bit deeper. Ye see, he played with that back three and all back five as you like to call it. So well, but that was the only time they've really played with that this season other than when you know, late in the game when they like to bring Tommy Smith on. But I don't feel like they'll pull out that one again, particularly now that Melbourne victory. No, that's you know, they can play that way and they did that so well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe it's a one and done kind of arrangement. And yeah they did it, and it was somewhat of a surprise to Melbourne victory. It wouldn't be a great surprise, to be honest, because again, Steve Corack can go one of two ways. He can do that again, or he can do what he traditionally does as you say, with the back four. Just go SARKI hauled Pinekeer divrees and then whatever he decides to do in front. The only thing that might be perhaps swinging him towards the five is just how good Melbourne victory are. In the attacking third mentioned Daniel Larzani, Nishan Vloupola and other current SOCCA roon Nikos Virgos, Bruno Fauna Roli who will likely come off the bench. Zinnadin Mashasho scored the winner the other night. Ryan Tige sort of sits there. They do have a lot of attacking threats. I kind of feel like at home they'll go for it. So I wonder whether Auckland FC might just want to soak that up in the first leg.
Speaker 1: Well that's why I don't think they'll go for a back three, because they'll want to have that type back four and yeah, just not sit off, but do something that they've done so well all season, right They've they've had the best defense in the league. Maybe it's that second game where they do look to attack a little bit more with the with wing backs. I'm not sure, but I was listening to your show on the weekend Pineyer on Weekend Sport with the A League commentator I can't quite remember his name.
Speaker 2: Oh, Daniel McBrien, Yes, yes.
Speaker 1: Yes, And I think you guys both thought or Daniel thought that maybe Auckland f C would hold off a bit in that first game and maybe not attack and put full you know, full foot on the throttle. But I just think the complete opposite. I feel like Auckland f C a not a team to shy away from a challenge. And we know Steve Corricer's mentality all season has been to win, so I feel like they'll they'll go at it and want to you know, get up a couple of goals in that first leak.
Speaker 2: We know that the Phoenix didn't do that last season. They went to Melbourne victory and we're extremely happy to come away with the nil draw to bring back home and eventually it didn't work out for them, but I don't know whether that was to do with the way they played in the first leg. But yeah, okay, they answer me this. It's nil all after seventy minutes on Saturday night, Okay, remembering it's only the first leg. Seventy minutes. So if you look to the bench, do you see Jesse Randall coming on or Tommy Smith.
Speaker 1: Steve Cricle will bring on Tommy Smith.
Speaker 2: Yeah, kick, so your close at nil all. That's what you're feeling rather than.
Speaker 1: At seventy minutes. But in terms of the starting lineup, I feel like he's starting Nita Medano, Gmo, even Maxmutter and Logan. You know, I feel like he wants, he wants to go hard in that first seventy minutes.
Speaker 2: Yep, look, you may well be right, and I hope you're right. Actually, I don't know where there being kg actually fits the DNA of Auckland FC. Even when they played five at the back that day against Melbourne Victory, you know, still from memory anyway, created quite a bit. Well they won turnill, didn't they their second goals right at the end. But yeah they Yeah, they don't seem like a park the bust type of proposition to me.
Speaker 1: You just have to look at their last two games right their game against their home game against Perth Glory and their final round game against Western United. Both of those matches they had already won the league. Yet Steve Corricer still put on his best or best about starting lineup and where he could have rested players or could have gone for a more defensive or more attacking approach, you know, he didn't he played his best eleven or what he thought at the time and they went for it. So yeah, I just don't see them, as you say, it's not in their DNA. I don't see them, yeah, ben kg at all.
Speaker 2: All right, So a good results of win, if they bring a win back home, they will absolutely back themselves to close that out, either by winning again or by drawing in the home league. If it's a draw, I thing that's a bad result. In fact, it's one of those that if you offered it. Steve Coricker obviously wants to win, but if you offered it to him, this is hypothetical, he would probably take a drawer and then just turn the home leg into a one off game. What is the What is a deficit that would have you really worried? Like, for example, if they come back and if Melbourne Victory win one nill on Saturday night, that doesn't seem too bad to me, But I don't know what is it. What is a deficit that that would be too big for them to pull back?
Speaker 1: Yeah? One nill certainly stresses me out because it's you know, the pressures immediately on and you know Melbourne Victory come with this mindset where they don't they just can't concede you know, and they can come and part the bus in Auckland and get in Auckland's head and slow the game down and things like that. So one nil, you know, definitely able to come back from, particularly with the way they sell out and play play at home. But anything more than that, yeah, it's a really tough field claim.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And that's the other thing about these games as well, is that if you're one nil down late in the game on Saturday night the First League, you've still got to defend as though your life depends on it, right because you know, one nil is okay, you don't want to be coming back two nils, so you've got to play the whole ninety minutes on Saturday night. See that the mood among the crowd at you know, if it's at Britdemat or wherever it is among Auckland FC fans will be so interesting because regardless of what happens on Saturday night, there won't be this explosion of elation, will there, you know, because they haven't made the Grand Final, We've only like I say, reached half time. So quite an interesting viewing experience as well, Yeah it is.
Speaker 1: And I mean, you know, most football fans and football heads know that in these home and away games you look at it as the first half. In the second half, so well, they won't be able to you know, think of it as a done deal. If if they come away and win three nil or whatever they do over in Melbourne, they can certainly carry some confidence if if they're on the right side of the score sheet Auckland Auckland.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it's going to be interesting score prediction.
Speaker 1: I think it'll be two nil to Auckland f C.
Speaker 2: All right, I've got a goal of straw in the first one. Yeah, I do, I do. Yeah, for whatever reason, I just think a goal of straw.
Speaker 1: The deficit I am worried about is injuries or cards read cards or injuries. You know, I think that's probably more. Maybe Auckland f C's concerned, yes, that their depth is growing, but I still do worry about they don't that their starting lineup is so so good, that that starting core of like eleven to thirteen players, But then after that, you know it's getting a bit Nigoli.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's another very good point, another very good point. All right. So that's Saturday night, the other semi final by the way, home and away between Melbourne City and Western United. Western United been Adelade three to two Friday night. No a bot, it's got two goals. Both legs of that semi are going to be at Amy Park, which is a bit odd. I feel a bit for Western United. They took the game the other night against Adelaide out to iron Bark Fields out at Tarnet, but clearly the A League has decided that's not big enough for a semi final. So both legs are the semi going to be at Amy Park. The first one is on Friday night, the second one is on Saturday the twenty fourth, So after the Auckland FC melbourn victory one, who is your pick to go through from Melbourne City in Western United?
Speaker 1: I think wes Sydney United. I can already feel it now. It's going to be a West Sidney United Auckland FC final.
Speaker 2: Do you think then that Steve Corika, the players, anybody associated with the club, its fans us, do you think that they would rather have Western United knocked out given the fact that they've beaten Auckland FC twice reasonably convincingly already this season.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Absolutely. I remember speaking to them at the Auckland f C Awards night, which we'll get on too soon. But I do remember after a few beverages. It's coming back to me, but that Steve Courica and Nick Becker and people like them wanted to play Adelaide. They were really keen to play Adelaide because they hadn't beaten them, and that was kind of their mindset that they wanted to get one up. So I do wonder if maybe that's their mindset with Western United as well, that they want to play the next best team and they want to beat the team that they couldn't beat two times. I'm not sure. Maybe they just say that for show and they actually would prefer them to get knocked out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's out of their hands anyway, isn't it. You know, you can say who would you rather play? You know, whoever they play well, First of all, they have to look after their own business, don't they, and get through to the grand final themselves before we can even talk about who they might play. So Melbourne City in Western United in one semi final and Auckland FC and Melbourne Victory in the other. As you alluded to, Bonnie, you went to the Auckland FC Awards night last week the glitzy, glamorous affair. I also was at the awards night for Wellington Phoenix, which was slightly more subdued, you might say, given the season that that had. You were sending me information across the evening members Player of the Year, Francis Devrees, Players, Player of the Alex Paulson MVP, Gazumo. My you happy enough with those three award winners.
Speaker 1: I probably wouldn't have had my as the MVP. I was surprised by by that one. I thought he was such a standout all season long and the way he contributed on and off the boards was incredible. Obviously was the top goal scorer as well. But when you look at a team that is they have prided themselves on their defense all season long, and they've conceded the least least goals, why wouldn't you put someone in the back line like Alex Paulson, like your Francis Tavreiz, Dan Hall or Hiroki Saka.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure, yeah, I said afterwards. I think I tweeted this out that you know you if you said to a lot of said, a bunch of people are here, who's Aukland FC's best player? Being and you ask them to name it. I think a lot of people would say Hiroki Saka has been across the season, but you know, doesn't pick up an award. I'm sure he doesn't care at all. And you know you can only give these awards to one person, you know. Players player is one that I think if you're in a team, you know that's the one you probably want to win, right The one that is is voted for by your fellow your fellow men, your fellow teammates, your fellow women. The players player is almost I think, more illustrious, isn't it than MVP. I don't don't even know who votes for MVP.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I believe it was a pool of the coaching staff and the club staff, So I think either of those members. Player of the Year would also be cool to win. But yeah, I agree with you Piney that that players play. Certainly you want to feel, you want to feel good amongst your peers, don't you.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent? Absolutely, that's that's the one I'd want to win if I was in a top class football team. What was the mood?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: I saw a few photos. I could almost smell the after shave.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was it was a fun night. There were members from the Port there. It was great to see John o' ross there, who was obviously one of the founders of the Port, who obviously got Ellen Sydney was it Sydney game Melbourne game, and yeah, got stuck over in Australia and missed that that final home game, so it was good to see him there. And yeah, it was a fun night. The players were told they weren't able to have a large one and they had training first thing the next morning. I believe they said their final night for celebrations was that the end of that following game Western United. I think they had a big night over in Melbourne that weekend and then yet it was back full focused on in the semifinals. So no, it was a good night. It was a fun vibe and you got the sense that this was only just the first night of celebrations and they're hoping to do something similar in a few weeks hopefully when they left the trophy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, slightly odd day that and I think most teams do it. They have their awards night before the season ends, you know, because they don't know they're going to make the finals or whatever. Maybe they've got a book venues. I don't know, but yeah, I mean, what if somebody is absolutely sensational in the in the two semi finals, in the final. But yeah, maybe that is to say, maybe they have an extended awards night or something. Wellington Phoenix had their awards night last week as well, Costa Barbarusis and Annale Longo absolutely cleaning up. Costa Barbarusis won Fans Player, Media Player, Players Player, Goal of the Year, Golden Boot and MVP, so he went home with plenty of medals. Annale similarly Fans Player, Media Player, Players Player, Overall Women's Play, MVP and also a very illustrious award at Wellington Phoenix HQ, the Spirit of the Phoenix Award, which is given out every year to somebody who you know, who shows just that really spirit and you know a kind of humanity and just the qualities that the club and the club owner like owners like to see in those who are connected to the club. So Anally Longo with plenty of there. Corbyn Piper was the Young Player of the Year, Mania Elliott the Young Player of the Year for the women. So yeah, like I say, by comparison a little bit more subdued. Although I have to say, you know, people say, oh, why would you have an awards after such a bad season. You still have to have them, And I had also acknowledged a lot of people, particularly the volunteers, who all got a good night out, they got to get dressed up. They know, they enjoyed themselves. They look after the volunteers. I have to say, at Wellington Phoenix they have awards for them, you know. Yeah. It was actually I came away thinking, you know what, that was actually okay, given the season that the Phoenix have had, that was all right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and at least you know, they would have been able to celebrate and not have to think about the finals this time around like they had last year. Parney, do you think your mate Scott Wotton was ripped off?
Speaker 2: He was second in the MVP voting, So yeah, I find it hard not to give it to Costa if I'm honest. I know, when we gave out our awards last week, I chose Scotty over over Costa barbarusis. But yeah, you can see how Costa got it, you know, and look, given the fact that he won all of the awards. I think the general mood and Annalie as well, whether they were the standout, standout place just on Scott Wotton, you would have seen this news today. The Phoenix have confirmed that he and Sam Sutton leaving the club. They'll play in the Australia Cup game against Brisbane Raw in Darwin on Wednesday night and then leave, both having played over one hundred games and all competitions for the team. I think their legacy at Phoenix HQ, both of them is pretty sound, isn't it.
Speaker 1: Yeah? I yes, Scott Wooton has been had another great season and he was particularly good last season for for the Phoenix. I think looking at Sam Sutton, it's the right move for him. He was guaranteed minutes at the Phoenix and they hope wherever he's going, we think it's Perth Glory. But wherever he's going, he continues to get minutes because that's going to be crucial if he wants to put his hand up for the World Cup next year. But no, yeah, two obviously starters and experienced players that chief you will certainly miss.
Speaker 2: Indeed, so they as you say, we don't know where they're going, we're pretty sure they're going to Perth Glory. By the time you listen to this, Perth Glory might even have made an announcement on that, but yeah, there are They're finished as Phoenix player Sam Sutton and Scott Wooton leaving the club following the Australia Cup Wednesday night. Just before we leave the Phoenix, Amy Shephard was re signed in the last week or so as Wellington Phoenix women's assistant coach. She was assistant to Paul Temple, who we know is leaving. She'll be interim head coach until a permanent appointment is made in late July. Bonnie. In late July, Bev Priestman's band runs out. It does two plus two make four hair? Surely it does.
Speaker 1: I think something like that, Pinty. You know, when you think about Beev Priestman, you know her partner, her wife works for the Wellington Phoenix. They seem pretty settled back here in New Zealand. The Phoenix, on the other hand, have not had you know, a great campaign really in any of their seasons in the woman's competition. Bev is available as far as I know, and might just be the perfect candidate to take this woman's team. And I think the thing is is she you know, some people might write her off because of that that drone scandal last year at the Olympics, but I think what can't be forgotten is the fact she's a gold Olympic gold medalist winning coach. You know, she coached one of the best teams in the world for some time, that being Canada, of course, So I hope, I hope. So for the Phoenix women's case.
Speaker 2: I remember when we spoke about it on an earlier pod that she might be in the mix for the Football Ferns job. I thought that might be a bit close to home, given the fact that it was the Football Ferns that she was caught spying on with the drone. But you're dead right. She's a top class coach. Emma Humphries, her wife works as academy director at the club. She was at the awards night the other night, you know, as Emma's wife. So you know, whether you can put two and two together there, I think it would be a good appointment and one that I think would be very palatable to players who were thinking about coming to Wellington. If they're trying to attract players and Bev Priestman as your head coach, then I think that probably maybe swings things in the favor of the Phoenix. We'll wait and see that appointment whoever it might be expected in late July. This is football, even and so we moved to the Ninja A League. The A League Women's Competition semi finals are done. The second leag Eggs Claudia Bunge and Melbourne Victory safely through to the final six' to two on aggregate back to back three to one wins Over Adelaide. United they will play The Central Coast, mariners who have made it through to their first EVER A League Women's Grand final courtesy of a one nil win Over Melbourne city right at the end of extra time. Yesterday Isabel, gomez of, course Former phoenix, player scoring the goal in the one hundred and twentieth, minute just as we were all ready for a penalty shootout to send The mariners. THROUGH i have never seen a more blatant offside goal than.
Speaker 1: That it's actually AM i completely agree, Firstly. Piney, SECONDLY i feel really bad for the lino and the referee because they're going to have to go back and look at that on replay and just know they absolutely got that. WRONG i feel terrible for The Melbourne city players that you, know after their incredible beaten season that that's how their season. Ends maybe it's one that they can just laugh at and know they were absolutely. Robbed i'm not. Sure and, yeah it JUST i don't even want to get started on, It, piney because it just rous me up on why still there is not firstly more camera angles in the woman's game and secondly why there's No. Var it's just a.
Speaker 2: Joke, well Hopefully bond this will be a catalyst for. That this will be the incident that will compel them to say we can't not Have, var because look what happens when we. Don't you know THAT var would have pulled that one back, Right you're right the LINE i should have got, it. Didn't people make. Mistakes that was a big, mistake you. KNOW i think the angle that we all saw on, television it just seems so obvious That Isabelle gomez was two or three meters. Offside BUT i wonder whether this might be the catalyst for investment INTO var in The NINJA A, league because otherwise how serious are?
Speaker 1: They well you'd think, so you hope. So and you know the only Thing i'll except you, know If AUCKLAND fc aren't going to get a woman's team next, year which also rails me. Up but if they're, nice and if that's because THE A league doesn't have enough, money that's. Fine But i'm hoping that that money is being spent, wisely and it is being spent ON. Var that should be the, first the first point of.
Speaker 2: CALL i, think, YEAH i don't think you'll get an argument from anybody who watched that game. Yesterday even The mariness Coach Emily husband, Said i'm going to be honest with. YOU i knew it was, offside but the flag didn't go up and that's, football, look you, know and she's, right she's. Right you, know this isn't the first decision that's been missed by. Officials you, know many many were in the PRE var. Era Melbourne city Coach Michael, MATRASIANI i thought he was quite Diplomatic. Ashley he, says, yeah of courses, offside but these things. Happen everybody makes, mistakes so THAT'S i think that's very magnanimous of him to, not you, know chuck his toys out of the cock AS i tell you WHAT i would Have Melbourne city, though like they, were in some ways the architects of their own. Demise they Lost Lordes bosh after twenty five minutes for an inexplicable red. CARD i don't know what she's doing here in such a big. Game you, know she got into a bit of AN rgi bargie and just basically threw her hands in an opponent's. Head there's only one way you're going to go from, there and that's off the. Field.
Speaker 1: YEAH i saw clips of, that and, YEAH i just that's the, thing LIKE i mentioned before with The AUCKLAND, defc we can't be having any of, that you, know they can't be you, know in these home and away, leagues it's a little you gotta play things a little bit safer and, yeah probably just silly heat of the moment.
Speaker 2: Stuff Melbourne city also Lost holly, McNamara who's such a big player for, them with concussion after eighteen. Minutes so even if they had made it through to the, final she probably wouldn't have been available And bosh would. Neither she would have been serving a. Suspension they're not. There The mariners Against Melbourne Victory Amy park this Coming sunday at five point, fifteen just before we go a couple of of kiwis. Overseas Chris wood scored his Twentieth Premier league goal of the season this. Morning wasn't enough to Give forest victory Over, lester but eighty nine all Time Premier league goals now For Chris, Wood Michael boxall Marked Leonel messi. YESTERDAY i love This Minnesota united against Into miami And boxy played pretty well actually even threw in a long throw for an assisted goal in there for one. Win And Ben wayne has been released By Plymouth. Arguyle Ben wayne does not have a. Club can you see him back in THE A league with Either Wellington phoenix or Even AUCKLAND fc next?
Speaker 1: Season not, REALLY i would love for that to be. TRUE i feel like we had similar discussions this time last year About jackie hand and whether you know she would potentially come back and play in THE A. League obviously she's The Football ferns, forward AND i feel like when You Ben wayne's on a similar kind of, level and, YEAH i mean it be. Great he'd be guaranteed. Minutes that's what these players. Need we speak about it almost every podcast about these all whites. Players but, NO i feel like he's done really well over seas and maybe he will want to stay over In.
Speaker 2: Europe, YEAH i just wonder whether he has to be, playing you, know especially given Its World cup. Time, again these guys just know they have to be somewhere where they're getting. Games, Look i'm sure his agent's got irons in the, fire but he knows if he comes back here and plays for either The phoenix Or auckland F. C If Max marta, goes for, example he might get recalled from his, loan he might not be. There Ben wayne's a straight swap For Max marta At auckland F. C if he comes To Wellington, phoenix he knows he's going to play every week and so in the lead up to A World CUP i wonder whether that's the most important. Thing and If auckland F c have shown us anything it's the players can come, back play well and then go again if they want. To Nando pinneker is an absolute case study in this wasn't really sure what he was going to, do came back, here has said a terrific. Season we'll probably have one maybe two more in then go. Again there's nothing wrong with that For Ben, wayne AND i don't Reckon he's only twenty two to twenty three years. Old there were plenty of, time but he has to be.
Speaker 1: PLAYING i find it hard to see him going To AUCKLAND, fc given he is a hut boy and played you, know very well for The Wellington phoenix for some. Time but you never. Know there might be a bit more uproar from from both clubs after what happened To Alex paulson And Logan. ROGERSON i guess.
Speaker 2: Too, yeah different, situation but, yeah who. KNOWS i, MEAN i THINK i think the next twenty thirty forty years will be littered with players who play for. Both you, know there's a lot of players who play for. Both Melbourne victory In Melbourne, City Western, United SYDNEY. Ffc everyone jumps. Around Once AUCKLAND fc has been around for a, Decade i'm sure you will find players who play for.
Speaker 1: Both the leveraging of these two odd players between these two clubs have be, insane Right they would probably be threaten to Know i'm going to The, phoenix So i'm going To AUCKLAND. Fe it'd be, great it'd be great to be behind behind those doors and in the involved with the agent's. CONVERSATIONS i don't mind.
Speaker 2: That, ACTUALLY i don't mind that because up until, now you, Know New zealand player have only had The, phoenix so you, know often it's a matter of, okay take it or leave, it you. Know from that To, LEAVERRIDGE i don't think it's too. BAD i don't think it's too. Bad, Hey, bonnie good luck making your decision. Around we are going to watch the game On saturday. Night what are you leaning towards as we sit here On monday?
Speaker 1: Afternoon, well like hearing that you're going to be Commentating piney AND i don't have to listen to The. AUSSIES i think Probably i'm going to have to be locked in at home and THE tv on full. Volume, Okay, well.
Speaker 2: LOOK i hope that's not the tipping point in your decision, making Because i'm sure they'll have the commentary on down at the fans own as. Well, yeah looking for looking forward to to commentating this. One, look whatever you, decide enjoy the. Game we'll reconvene a week from now and see which of our, predictions if either of, them is right with this first. Leg but until, then, everybody thanks for joining us On Football. Fever see you Next, monday Bonny Ma too a