Speaker 1: Hello, good afternoon, and welcome back to the Mad Monday podcast, as always brought to you by four and twenty pis perfect at home snack for watching rugby league. My name is Tena fasuamn Iowi and Welcoming back from Nippon is been holy sun? How was it over there, mate?
Speaker 2: Oh, Hio gonzonas it was. It's amazing, isn't it. I didn't find a lot of league though, not a big league country, na, really, I mean when I was over there, we did lose both sixty points to the Titans that I was watching on a Dodgy VPN. So I decided to get heavily into Japanese baseball. I'm now a massive fan of the Tokyo Yakult Swallows.
Speaker 1: That's a good Tian though your cult gut health swallowing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, amazing that it's that big. Do they own a baseball team over there? And it's actually, like, I think, the second best league in the world.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think basically more or less being colonized by the USA and the fifties will probably do that to a country, won't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right. No. I had a wonderful time, but I arrived back overnight on Saturday morning and was around to see a Fantesta come back when by the.
Speaker 1: Ways, yeah, well let's start right there as well. The Warriors beat the Broncos thirty two points to sixteen. Before we get into whether we're back, what to read it into this, I had a friend who was at the game, and he honestly was so nervous of ten minutes left he left. He couldn't watch it anymore. He was like, that gonna because I think the Broncos scored with about maybe fifteen to twenty minutes, ten minutes left to go. He left because he just couldn't watch it anymore. And as he was leaving the ground, he heard a massive cheeres I see, this is why I've left. I can't watch this, And it was Roger tivasishek scoring, my.
Speaker 2: Friend, are you talking about g Lane? So he left and we and we won? Is that what we're talking about?
Speaker 1: It wasn't the fuck it It could be delayed for the purposes of the story. We can play it all.
Speaker 2: And the cheer was not Roger scoring. It was Glane leaving the ground, the grim Lane leaving the ground.
Speaker 1: The Grimline curses left. Yeah, but I think more than just the fact that we won, it was how we won. We looked good. We didn't do all the dumb shit that we've done over the last few weeks. Do we Am I reading too far under this? Are the Warriors back.
Speaker 2: Ben look obviously massive caveat six players out to Origin, But the Broncos are not. They're going through a real mid season slump. And it isn't just Origin because they've had times when they've had all those players back, and I think we've lost five out of the last six, is that right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're on a massive skid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I mean so a little bit of a caveat there. We are betting a sliding team and they didn't have all their stars, but yeah, they just sort of did all the things that we did wrong in the week before and just coughed up piece of ball and missed lots of tackles.
Speaker 1: Yeah they did, but they Yeah, And I get you know, no res Welsh, no pain, hass this and that. But I do think, you know, we just got towed up by sixty points the week before. You know, we've got it. We had our own issues to deal with. We had a couple of players out to Origin as well. It was just again like I said before, it was just the way that we the way that we played, not so much the score line, the fact that we won who our position was. We didn't beat ourselves like we have done so many weeks before. We do a gambling show on Fridays on the ACC with the TB. They had all these stats around. No team that gets wasted by sixty points has ever conceded more than X amount of points, you know that always bounce back. And I was like, we would. It would be so worrious to be an exemption to that rule, like to be the first team to turn around and get smashed again after that.
Speaker 2: Wasn't that last year that the Tigers, who were absolutely woeful last year, didn't they towel up like Cranella or the Storm or someone last year by fifty points that was kind of their only win.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the year before that the Tigers as well, they beat the Panthers, And it was like yeah, and I made a lot of money off that because I was like, I just I don't know what it is. It's one of those ones that we do as the Warriors, and I was I could see it for the Tigers. Yeah, but I was just like, I have my fingers crossed that we weren't going to be the first team to prove those rules wrong. I don't know the no team's ever wanted after fifty points is a little bit sort of hanging over me a little bit. I thought that our halves looked excellent, didn't they? Tomati, Martin and c ht looked tremendous. They scored almost all of our points.
Speaker 2: Are we going to talk about it? Are we going to talk about the common factor here? Because you know, a certain person came out during the week and said, yeah, he reads the comments and he sees that the people have made a very lazy comparison and put three and three together. We've all done it. I I don't want to talk about it, but I feel like we need to.
Speaker 1: I don't want to talk about it either, but I agree with you. The only thing I would say is I'm always coming on this podcast saying do what your opponent doesn't want you to do. And if I'm playing against the Warriors later on the season, I'd be like, God, I have they get too carried away and don't play Seawan Johnson against us. You know he's still Seawn Johnson. He's still our best half. He is still the twenty twenty three in my mind at least deliim player of the year. He was robbed by the judges. But I do kind of think if you want to sit there and say our record without him versus our record with him, I can't argue against it, you know. But by the same token, I do think he's too hearty for his own gird. He's been playing banged up and once he's healthy and ready to go again, he needs to be in there. I just, jeez, mighty, Martin look good to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think these two factor is here. If we're going to talk at purely on analytics, I think I think that that halves pairing is better defensively without Sean at the moment, who is harboring an injury. And also because of their injury, it takes the option of him running at the line almost completely out of it, so that the opposition knows he's eyre going to pass or kick and there's no, he's not going to and he's not going to do that on tackles wonder four. Yeah, he's not going to kick on tackles under four. So it does make a little bit predictable. And Tomato Martin, he doesn't really break the line, but he helps others do it. And and because he runs at the line occasionally, it does leave the you know, the defense guessing. So I think those are two factors. Yeah, as long as s J can come back fully fit, yeah I absolutely have him back in there.
Speaker 1: I think the problem is it's saying this on the on A podcast last week. Is it's why they have thrown the towel in and boxing is because the boxer himself knew were going to take himself out of the fight. He'll go in there with his arm, you know, hanging on by a thread, even when he's just been rocked, he will just keep going back out there. That's why the trainers in the corner need to throw on the towel on behalf of a fighter. And I don't think Sewan Johnson ever would have taken himself out. I think he came back too early from the injury he had before the buy. And unfortunately it's in Web's DNA to keep playing the same team over and over and over again. It doesn't like change. He thinks consistency is one of our biggest strengths, and so I think that's what was going on. That's what I'm going to chalk it up to anyway. And I keep saying every time this, when this happened last time, this is a good thing. You know, he's going to slop back in to Mighty Ccht, maybe Chd's coming off the bench. They'll be a bit more empowered, you know, to take a bit more of the offensive load back. I thought that that kick from Tomighty Martin that dropped right onto Dw's court, it put it down. I thought that is what's been missing for this whole season. D Allen looked excellent again this week than't there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, I thought. And the Freddy Lussick try, which I think was Mitch Barnett hits the line and just a very simple offload LUSTI ran a good line. Those two tries were clinical and yeah, and both close to the line, which is something we've been missing.
Speaker 1: As you say, Yeah, there was a lot of that, a lot of the like sort of slot of hand from Tomighty Martin and Cht around the line as well. But it's funny you mentioned that Freddy Lussick try there because we've got a bit of audio from Dye's call from that from the weekend. It was outstanding. Have a listen to this. But you see here Mitch Barnett the wrap around, what an offload? Beautiful? How much mana? How much mana was flowing out of that Honky, I love it. So after Freddy scored the try, throws the moneywave out to the crowd and yeah, obviously Di absolutely loved it. Have we've been overlooking Freddy Lussick as a member of the Ruthless park Our Boys because obviously we've got Mitch Barnett, Jack and forward. I've been saying for years that what the Warriors were missing was the ruthless park Our Boys. I think that back and I think that Freddy Lasik has to be one of them now surely.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he had a pretty good game. I think probably what set him back a little this year was that he went to reserve grade and murdered someone. So that was a definite strike against him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he did. He snap Lochlan Elissa's shin clean in half. We'll talk about it in New South Wales Cup down the track as well, two of us as sick. He scored a try. It was a relatively pedestrian try. He wasn't like stepping anyone who just sort of ran into it. But do you reckon that's a good sign for RTS going forward, just to get one, get one on the board.
Speaker 2: Sure, absolutely, I'm still not convinced about him anywhere but fall back. But what are you going to do when you've got arguably the best, certainly top three fullbacks in the competition with John So you know, do you move him? Where? Do you put him here?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: Don't I But good good that he got he got was that it wasn't his first try of the season was No, he.
Speaker 1: Scored at least one that I remember, but it might actually be a second. I'm sure some statisticianal pingus for that one. Absolutely outstanding work from both the fans at the ground with the signs and also the social media team of the Warriors. I don't know if you saw the sign that said hot two of us are share can spin on that day. But then they also remixed that video that went viral last night on the other day on social media. They obviously don't have to check anything with anyone do that social media team of the Warriors.
Speaker 2: It's pretty loose and I would say, they are still doing some heavy editing from a Warrior's crowd.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I think I just feel like if you work for any other media agency and you was like, yeah, I'm going to put this out, we just would not get past any approvals.
Speaker 2: Certainly not the All Blacks and probably not Black Caps. But yeah, Warriors, they know the offense.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Did you also where did you watch this game? You watched this back here in New Zealand.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah I did. Yeah, just I've only been in the country a few hours.
Speaker 1: There was the Chanelle Harris Devita try where he dived through just Beatkatony stags and got his hand to the ball just before he did before Katoni did. While they were showing the replay, I loved c ht's reaction to it. But even more than that, there was a girl standing there in a Warrior's jersey with her boyfriend who was in a Broncos jersey. Did you see that? And so it was so they had the Bunker review, they had c HT, and then they had that couple in one corner as well. They're on the screen for about five minutes and it was some of the best TV I've seen. He was absolutely hating it, waiting for the camera to buger off, whereas she was loving him five minutes of fame she was.
Speaker 2: She was certainly not shy with a bit of hip thrust as well when the try was confirmed.
Speaker 1: Hmmm hmmm, I wouldn't. Yeah, I think that's gonna be very interesting see how that played out for them afterwards on the ride home. I reckon he would have been like, did you have to give it like quite that much while we're on the camera or.
Speaker 2: You can just give did you have to like mind actual pegging? That's that's for our private time, because.
Speaker 1: You know, our family group chat's going to blow up after this, and Mum's going to be sending it through. I saw blah blah blah on the TV tonight, and then my NaN's going to go and see that, and she's gonna see it.
Speaker 2: Hey, you never know, Mum might go, I've been doing it to your dad for years. I'm glad it runs of the family.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Ma might go hocktol and spit on that thing. Do you think we're reading too far into it to say that the Warriors are back now? Is everyone back on board the bandwagon?
Speaker 2: I think this season not just for the Warriors, but for every team almost bar the Storm, anyone can beat anybody. And it's the most bizarre nuts season I've seen in years. There's there's no rhyme nor reason. It's impossible to pack. Yeah, I'm I mean, I'm bad at tipping anyway, but I'm having the worst tipping year I've ever had. And I'm fair, I'm just auto tipping now because it's the computer's doing better than me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I am. In my fantasy team. I accidentally reversed all of my trades and they forgot to update them, and my team did better than if I had have made those trades.
Speaker 2: So you're right, Yeah, there's no back. I don't think any team is back. And unfortunately, when it is this even generally Melbourne wins the competition because they just are that incredibly consistent side.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they have been despite all of the players that are out. It's absolutely disastrous stuff for us.
Speaker 2: They just get new, they just get someone new every time. You just you know, Brian Peppenhausen's out, so they get far alonger out of nowhere. Where did he come from?
Speaker 1: Nick Meane did it a couple of years ago as well. It's like yeah, kills me.
Speaker 2: I can have infinite resources.
Speaker 1: Tyrone Wishart, Monster's out. Oh here's Tyrone Wishart. Oh really, Tyrone Wishart. Okay, sure, Ali kats Off. He wasn't doing that when he was with us, Anyway, I digress. I think we'll put it to bed for that. I think we're riding a high. I think I was saying before, like, yeah, we had that massive loss. One more win and I think the ship's going to be corrected a little bit. You know, you can't throw the baby out with the bathwater. It's going to be tense run home. We crunched the numbers last week about how many games we have to win from here on out, and it's more or less. I think we can drop two between now and the end of the season, and that's to guarantee ourselves making the eight.
Speaker 2: But so big game against the fifth place Dogs this weekend.
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly. But I mean, if we were going to do it, this is how it would start. It would start with a thirty two to sixteen win over the Broncos. So I'm going to dare to believe we're going to take a quick break. We're going to come back and talk about those Bulldogs just before we do. The four and twenty four pack Prize Pack is back each and every month the Mad Monday Team giving away four tickets to the next home game and for twenty pive vouchers To enter, all we have to do is text the monthly keyword to three two three six. We've just ticked over a new month that means a new keyword. This month's keyword is spit chixt spit to three two three six, and you will be in the drawer to win that. We're going to take quick break. We'll be right back all right now. It is time for the Stalker of the Round and it had to be the Bulldogs versus the Sharks fifteen to fourteen. Matt Burton eventually selling this one in Golden Point over time. It had to be the Stalker of the Round. But it was quite low scoring and I've gotta be honest with you, Ben, there were eight field goal attempts in this game. And as awesome as gold Golden Point is to win, it can often devolve into just the worst shirt out you've ever seen in your life. I know that there's not a better way, and it is better than ending in a drawer, but man, they can turn into perslingers at the end of those games sometimes, do you like the golden point?
Speaker 2: Oh look, then you can get the other end of the spectrum where you don't really have a drop goal specialist in your team aka the Warriors. And then it was that game against Manly which deaden up in a drawer because neither side could slot one. And I don't know that there were that many attempts, even I think Davy Cherry Evans is good at it. Yeah, he couldn't do it, and we have we had like notoriously bad at it.
Speaker 1: We were lucky that we got penalized and then so we did it off the teeth.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's right. I don't mind it. That is too many though, Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 1: And I think like when you see the highlight the next morning, and if you're just scrolling through your social media and you see Matt Burtons snap off of you know, thirty meter drop it looked way bigger than it actually was, You're like, holy shit, what a game. But when you actually watched it, it was like, yeah, the end is exciting, but when you're just watching dudes potshot it. Man, there was some slop. Brandon Trendle hit one that looked like he was kicking with his wrong but he might have been, but it was so bad that it didn't it hit the ground before the goal line, you know. So it was one of those like anytime someone's doing a drop kick and it comes out in a spiral, that fucked it up. Yeah, yeah, yeah, And that's exactly what happened there. So yes, it was a stonker, But I just think it was one of those ones where eight field colored tents back to back to back to back to back was a little bit growling. Do you think I reckon we should go golden try?
Speaker 2: Well, that would certainly suit the Warriors. I think we've won in Golden Point twice ever with a drop goal. Yeah, I think most of the time we score a try or get a penalty. But let's talk about this game and how difficult it was to pack as well, because Cranella you can't pack week on week like they're either the best side in the world or very much not. And the Dogs, like, you know, they did that big spend up, they recruited huge last season. It didn't work for them last season, but this season it really has been working. Including stealing one of our beloved ruthless Indigenous boys, Josh Karen, who's having a huge season for them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's funny you mentioned Josh Curran. He has a stat that will blow you away. From that game. The Bulldogs went into that game with a six head gear advantage. They had six of their starting players were wearing head gear to zero on the other team. They were Crichton, Marney, Josh Curran, Jacob Krrez was in the head gear, Blake Wilson, who was one of their wingers, and the weak gutted Dog Jamn Salmon also donned the head gear for a part of that game as well. I just think that that's a big show of unity to show up with that many that much headgear on, and also a signal to their juniors that you know, CT is a real thing and you're really going to be careful, careful about it. But you're right. The team is built like a PlayStation team. It's like he had a fantasy draft and you just picked up all the players that you could. I mean, if we're forgetting the fox is in their team as well, it's been injured for so long, it's only a matter of time before they all start going all right, I would say though on the Cronulla, yes, they're hard to pick. They're about to play the Titans and then the Tigers, so there's a chance that they, you know, right the ship a little bit and then carry on. They then don't play another top eight team till the end of the season. So the Sharks have a ridiculous schedule going forward.
Speaker 2: Are they hard to pick? Because, dare I say it, their talisman, playmaker and best player is a little hot and cold. Mm.
Speaker 1: I think potentially he's hot for sure.
Speaker 2: But even with bad teeth, he's certainly hot. But he I think he proved in Origin that he you know, all that talent. Sometimes homes does evade him.
Speaker 1: You're right about the teeth. I think if you described Nico Hines to a police sketch artist, they would draw an ugly person.
Speaker 2: You'd be like, he is long, but not real long, but like that's dead here, bad here, bad teeth, Yet he's.
Speaker 1: Still hot, quite greasy, and yeah, they'd probably draw like a like snape or something. And then yet despite all of that, Yeah, I don't know why why is he so up and down? Is it injuries?
Speaker 2: I think it's mental surely it's just mental. It's just well, yeah, I mean big game players, right, Dane gag guy, although he's pretty consistent these days in his older age. You know, we talk about Origin gags and you know it's Greg Anglis. Greg Igliss was could be average week by week for Souths and but somehow brought it to Origin every time. Right. Yeah, I think maybe Nico Homes potentially does the opposite.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's just yeah. I don't know, I think that they have. I mean, I'm just thinking purely from a super coach perspective. I'm going to bring in a bunch of Sharks this week, so I think they are going to write the ship. I don't know. It could potentially be fools gold because like I said, they don't play good teams basically for the rest of the season. But I think they come the end of the season, their confidence meter will be full. But I think we have to play the Bulldogs twice between us the Warriors. We have to play the Bulldogs twice I think before the end of the year, and we need to win at least one of those. It doesn't look likely against that team that went out there on the weekend, so we're gonna have to find them somewhere else, I think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're pretty tight. Yeah, that's the thing we you know, we're basically that's a thrashing of the Broncos. But we're gonna have to play even better than that to beat the Bulldogs this week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know how that's going to go. The new South Wales Cup, which our team, by the way, this year has looked absolutely outstanding. I was saying this morning to Martin and c Ht with their halves for like the starting part of the season, Bunty was playing for them this weekend. Jacob Laban was playing for them this weekend. Did you see his frakar with Corey Hawsbrough.
Speaker 2: Yes, I certainly did, and I think I'd still go Laban over hawesbrow in there so do I.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he just sat there like I don't know if you've seen the old Power Slap League, but they just stand there either side of each other and they just bite down on their mouthguard and then slap each other in the face. That's what Jacob Laban did, but while smiling at Corey Hawsbrough, who you know, pretty bad man in his own right, and then he got sent off for his efforts. Jacob Laban gets binned for standing there smiling at a guy trying to knock his block off. I don't know what you're supposed to do in that situation if it's not that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Absolutely, he played what two or three games in first grade and just got a massive cult following. I got some street Man or a couple of weeks ago, and the guy all he wanted to talk about was how much he loved Jacob Laban and Mad Monday.
Speaker 1: Those are just two favorite things in order. Yeah, Jacob Laban, he seems like quite a quite a humble, young thode old Jacob Laban. His the only person I saw who when he got given his jersey he thanked himself and I didn't. It didn't make me hate him, but I made me like him more. Usually, if someone gets up and thanks themselves for all the hard work they put him, fuck this guy. Not Jacob Laban. And I think he just he just gained. I don't know. Do we extend him? Can we throw him a few more dollars from the Warriors?
Speaker 2: We have to surely, oh, certainly, we've got to hold on to him. He is I think he is a huge player for the future Tame Turpick. He was on that side as well on the weekend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, there's some massive green shirts coming through for that one as well. We're going to take one more quick break just before we do. You can join the Alternative Commentary Collective in Dnedan before the Rugby Union game if you're that way inclined. If you want to go and watch the All Blacks and Daneedan this weekend. Are we going to be down there from midday on game day which is Saturday. Awesome drink, special live music, plus a free coach to the stadium on the Richies Export Express. We just found out this morning, Ben that the number one player that I would like to poach from rugby Union to Rugby League will be driving that bus. That is Richie Manger. Oh yeah, he is going to be driving the bus from the Kensington and Dunedin through to the game there so I might try and strong arm him into joining the Warriors.
Speaker 2: Look, that'd be interesting, wouldn't it be a handy kicker.
Speaker 1: Handy handy kicker. You talk about those drop kick battles.
Speaker 2: You'd have you'd literally have the best like you know, kicker in the in the competition.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean we've seen Nathan Clear is nothing if not just a good kicker. You know Daily Cherrian's Cherry Evans is thirty six years old, still playing because he can kick very well. At the other end of the spectrum, Sam Walker was only nineteen playing for the Roosters because he could kick well. If we can just twist his arm to come anyway, He's got bigger jobs to do on Saturday afternoon driving us from the Kensington to the game. So come and check that out. If you're Internet and quick break, we'll be right back. I just wanted to let you know that four and twenty are giving you the opportunity to see the Warriors verse the Bulldogs on August twenty third, thanks to the Mad Traveler. This includes flights, accommodation, five hundred dollars cash, cash, cash to spend out the game. If you want to win that, it's another text to ender text pie to three two three six. That's pie to three two three six. You will be in to win all thanks to the four and twenty Traveler.
Speaker 2: Pie.
Speaker 1: All right, welcome back into the podcast. Being you have I mean, this has been a long held tradition in rugby league. Rugby league, one of the bastions of rugby league is phenomenal names, and I think it owes a lot to the blue collar roots of the sport that we love so much, but man, it spits out some doozies. And you've been doing a bit of research on some of the names in our great game at the moment.
Speaker 2: Look, I don't sleep well, I'm playing. So I had a good time and a half hours to on a New Zealand Wi Fi to put together a team of what I believe are the best names of this current NRL roster. So they have to be current NRL players, which does leave a couple of really good ones out, which we'll get to in a minute. But I've done them in their positions, and I think what makes a cool name is that it can be something else. So I put them into three categories. They're obviously rugby league players, but they could also be a porn star. They could also be a singer slash rapper. Yeah, and if they are, I can tell you exactly what genre they sing. Okay, okay, And or they could be a car Those are my three. Those three categories, all three, or that could be any of the three, well some of them actually could be all three, but most of them are one in summer two. So let's start now. This is actually I mean, and by the way, just can I just say some of these names we know very well and we are slightly desensitized to how amazing these names are because we hear them all the time and they're played in the competition for ten years or whatever. But if you're a non rugby league fan and you hear some of these names, you would go, what that's a person's name. So those will become obvious when we get to them. So my number, my my fullback has just one of the best names in rugby league, and it is I've sort of BlimE alone a little early with one of the best ones, but it is your fallback. You've got to start with number one, and that is Jarrem Buller. That's now immense, it's so good. And Jarrem Buller is a reggae singer if anyone is.
Speaker 1: Yes, I mean, the first syllable of his name is jazz spelled literally ja h dream Buller.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so superb right, Jarreen Buller. He is obviously the fullback for the Titans, but just one of those beautiful names to say, so let's move on to the wing. I've had to play them at wing because there's just too much name talent in the centers. But Valentine Holmes is a porn star and happens to also be the name of a great Rugul League player, Valentine.
Speaker 1: I mean, come on, it's perfect because it's such an obvious play on words, which you know the adult entertainer will go for it. It needs it needs to be just obvious enough that it's clear that they are a porn star and Valentine tick.
Speaker 2: Which you could also say about my left center number three Bronx and Cherry with an X.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think the adult star would have three xes.
Speaker 2: Yes that's true. Yeah, but definitely Bronx and Cherry. That's a porn star. And we moved to the other center Brandman Best, great name. Also definitely an old.
Speaker 1: Card, yes, one hundred percent, like a helmet avenger.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, exactly, a Vauxhall Victor. Yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: I put an old of Breadman Best. The other day, me and my uncle had turned it up.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly. It was owned by an old guy, only drove it once a week. Yeah. Yeah, we love, we love this guy. We love his name, but Marcelo Montoya is a lounge singer. Definitely.
Speaker 1: What's where are we talking lounge? Is that like a not like the.
Speaker 2: Vegas lounge, like like Sinatra, Like, please welcome Marcelo Montoya.
Speaker 1: When he comes at start spreading the news. That's that the talk singers, one of the talk singers. Yeah, great, so yes, definitely. Now we move into the hearts. This is harder, but I think Tyson Gamble is definitely a rapper. Yeah, he's a SoundCloud rapper, hasn't quite made it, but he's already got the tattoos on his face.
Speaker 2: Yep, very good. This is one of my favorite and I think this actually crosses into two genres dejan Arsi. He's a he's a reggae but also a porn star.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but would be spelled different.
Speaker 2: I think it definitely would. One of the great names, and I've had to play them at at halfback, which is a little out of position, but that'll do. We go to the front row here again. This is one of these names that we're quite used to. But Payne Haas is definitely a rapper.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's yeah, like a cypress hell type rapper. I reckon painhas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, definitely gang yeah, nineties gangster yeah yeah, one of the great names in rugby league. You know this is coming. But at Hooker we've got Tyson Smoothie the porn star.
Speaker 1: Had to be in there. Die Inwood's favorite name in rugby league.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And rounding out of the front row is as a car as Jackson Fort. Yeah straight, one of those slightly off brand Fords that you know, you don't really know about it, like it's not you know, it's not a class forward.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like like in the sixties they might have had some sort of copyright issue with Toyota and so for one year it was released as the Jackson Ford.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Great. Into the back row now and Cowboys number eleven. Helam Luky is definitely a metal singer. Like have you told me that the lead singer of Cannibal Courts is helam Luky?
Speaker 1: Yeah that makes sense, Yeah, yes it is, of course it is.
Speaker 2: For the other back row. Another lounge singer, Luciano Lalure is you know a double bell Marcelo Montoya and Luciano Lalure is a Vegas night out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can picture him as he is just coming up from behind the curtain and his tuxedo talk, singing whiskey on the rocks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's beautiful. And this is to round out the starting side at thirteen. I just need to get a warrant from my gi arrow.
Speaker 1: Is like a you know how China started making cars? Now, yeah, they brought it the gay arrow, They've got the Great Wall, and they got the Giant Arrow. It's got three wheels.
Speaker 2: So that's my starting side. Now. I would call this a bench, except they're all backs, and so I'm just going to call them honorable mentions instead because it's not actually a properly balanced, you know bench. Phoenix Crossland is a new medal singer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it also sounds like an actress. Oh maybe yeah, looks like that to be fair, but yeah, I could see that.
Speaker 2: But if you said that, you know, Phoenix Crossland was the guy who wraps on Lincoln Park, then I go, yeah, it makes sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's much.
Speaker 2: Yeah I knew you know that. Blaze Ta Langy definitely reggae.
Speaker 1: Yeah Blaze, that's not as that's not his first name. Either's first name, something like Ben.
Speaker 2: But yeah, yeah, Chevy Stewart, who's the backup fullback for the Raiders. We think he's a singer also a car Obviously he could be all three be a porn star as well. But if he is a singer, I reckon he's one of those tantood white guys who sings souls like Teddy Swims or Post Malone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Action Bronz and Maddie Matheson.
Speaker 2: Stewart.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and she's sure it's also my porn name.
Speaker 2: Oh. Tyrell Sloan is a porn star, but I think a female.
Speaker 1: One, Tyrelle Sloan.
Speaker 2: I think if you if your missus got into your computer and you had Tyrrell Sloan in your history, you'd be in some trouble.
Speaker 1: Who's Tyrrell Sloan.
Speaker 2: Yeah. There's a couple of friends n RL players with great names. I'm not sure of the category, but they're not quite regular enough to mention in the team. But Hayes Dunster.
Speaker 1: Hayes Dunster sounds like something that they discover that the CERN Hadron Collider, like they discovered the Hayes Dunster particle.
Speaker 2: Great Timill Hunt Yeah, yeah, back end of his career. Now, some good ones in the Super League and we had to leave him out, even though he's got one of the best names ever. But te Hoy in his own category of.
Speaker 1: Sauce for my my fantasy team for the last few years has been called tex Hoys Sex Toys.
Speaker 2: Oh, yes, that's right, perfect. He would be in his own category with sauce. But I mean maybe Bronx and Garlic might be in there with sauce as well.
Speaker 1: Certainly can be turned into Yeah, the.
Speaker 2: Mother great names herman ignacious, PARSI of course, X Warrior, I think, and and Caid cust powerful. That is, they're all in the Super League. And I've also put down the worst, and I think that's Maverick Guyer, I mean Mark Guy's son Maverick. He didn't even spell Maverick correctly. It's m A v R. I K. Why didn't he? Like obviously he's a top gun fan. He's gone for Maverick and he's gone out of his way. He's either dumb or he's gone out of his way to spell it wrong.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm probably gonna chalk it up to the first column, but I think he's really set himself up. His son had to play in the NRL once he named a Maverick they might as well have signed the contract then, so you got no other opportun you're not getting off as Shelbam. Sorry, Maverick, I love that list.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so those are my best name this Look, there's some really good ones that missed out, but obviously we're just better ones than those positions. And yeah, that's my good names. Teams of the NRL. We're going to make up a little graphic and chuck it up on our facey.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll check that up on social media. But if you're screaming at your device right now that we've missed one, you can actually leave a voicemail for us. It's the little microphone button on the bottom right hand corner of your iHeartRadio app, So jump on that. They all come through to us. I'll check those and maybe we can update it on the Thursday. Otherwise you can jump on social media have your say in the comments there. Other than that, it's not this thing on the head for a Monday. We'll be back on Thursday for another episode. Thank you very much, being
Speaker 2: Go the wise and Australia without Rugby League is not Australia