Speaker 1: Live from the Export Beer Gudin's studio and brought to you, as always by export Oltra, the beer for here. This is the Agenda Podcast for your Friday, the twenty sixth of July.
Speaker 2: The Agenda Podcast, the home of Sporting Nonsense and clap Trap, brought to you by Next Sport a Culture Morning.
Speaker 1: Heath, great posture this morning.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm sitting up after seeing the last video that went out from the last thing where I'm like hunched over like quasi modo about twenty five chins.
Speaker 1: We've said this before, just terrible lumbar support.
Speaker 4: These couches come on g lane terrible.
Speaker 3: These wouldn't be if you put this out on a burn, they wouldn't be picked up.
Speaker 1: It's like your offer smoker room because no one actually owns it. It's always just in the shittiest state. Yeah, because no one's ever going to take Ownershi'll be like, I'm gonna fix it. What we all do is sit on this couch and be like, fuck, there's uncomfortable, and then none of us go out do anything about it.
Speaker 3: Make Michael Boggs, the CEO of and said me do five podcasts a week on these couches.
Speaker 4: The next thing, you know.
Speaker 3: You'd find a wonderful studio with a cafe environment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think of Simmy Brown had to take the bus to work. All of our roads will be fixed, I'll tell you what though.
Speaker 3: Auckland Transport, you know they are always bus and cycle lane. Seen the size of the car park. All those assholes are driving to work, are they?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, all of those assoles the thing and get rid of your car park and then come to me and tell me to get rid of my car.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right, all of the because they've revent the whole bus system. You jump in your bus, great, then you just sit. They don't have bus lanes, so you're just sitting in the same traffic you would have been in your own car, or standing more often than.
Speaker 4: Standing in your own filth.
Speaker 1: Every other country figured out trains over one hundred years ago.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well we did have light rail, didn't we. We had the bloody trams, but then they took them out bloody.
Speaker 1: It's hey, I've got a little bit of advice that I'd like to ask of you today. Oh yes, I am commentating the Warriors tonight at eight pm.
Speaker 4: Ah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's on a Friday, payday, Friday two. Yeah, a bit of excitement around the office, shit beers at lunchtime. Last week I tried and failed to go home at lunchtime, and then I'm back in for the commentary.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well you didn't make it home, or.
Speaker 1: I made it home, but way too late. I got home at about seven, yeah, right, and then I was back in at nine.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's difficult, and.
Speaker 1: Summer religion that I was still drunk on the commentary. I tony those But how do you play it? You're a veteran of many commentaries.
Speaker 3: Oh god, it's the hardest thing in professional commentating. Is a Friday, especially Friday, much harder than a Saturday, much harder. And just the eight o'clock kick off, it just makes it that a little bit harder because you could probably pack yourself to keep it together till seven.
Speaker 1: You know when I turned into a pumpkin at around seven.
Speaker 4: Although I tell you what.
Speaker 3: Last week, that game, the Fiji and All Blacks game, Yeah, that really got me because it was mid afternoon. Oh yeah, and then I had a few drinks with it, and then I was so confused because I figured it was the middle of the night. But then I was going out for dinner with some people and I was middle of the night, Matt, and they were sort of early afternoon. Just just got showered and putting some nice clothes on and went out for dinner.
Speaker 1: This is the problem.
Speaker 4: I was turning that restaurant like a nightclub.
Speaker 1: I know. Yeah, well this is what happened last week because the game was at ten. You know, on a Friday, I show up a stagnoom and I for a folk scale commentary.
Speaker 3: Well, I would say stick to your I think stick to your exports. Yeah, you know, I'd stay away from the top shelf and I'd definitely stay away from the veno for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah oh yeah, because I was getting into the six percenters. Yeah yeah, I think you've just got to no dinner, go about your work.
Speaker 4: But the problem is all your rules through out the window. This is the problem.
Speaker 3: You have a rule that you go Like when I was going to the rugby last week, I was like, I'll just have one, but then one made me want to have two, and you know, you have a drink, then the drink has you next. You know, I'm not the person I was that didn't want to drink. I'm now a totally different person now that wants to drink. You're now talking to mister Hyde. Yeah, it's not the same thing. I want someone the active wants to ruin my life for a joke. That's rather than trying to make things better.
Speaker 1: It's exactly what happened to me last week because I was like, right, I'm going to go home after this beer. I'm going to go home after this beer. I'm going to go home after this beer. And then I was like, you know what, I've knocked off for the day anyway, so I don't have to go home. I don't want. I deserve it.
Speaker 4: I work hard. I deserve this.
Speaker 3: The other thing is, you know, because mainly me trying to drink, this is just me telling it to pers serving me.
Speaker 4: I'll say just one more.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm just always just saying just one more, Like I don't care how many at the bar.
Speaker 4: Then it's just one more. It's like they are just.
Speaker 3: One more, just one more, just one more, they don't care's just order the drink.
Speaker 4: You know, you're talking to yourself with that one more.
Speaker 1: I had Lawrence from the office sitting next to me the whole afternoon to spin light. So when you gone home after this on You said that five years ago.
Speaker 4: But I listened to your commentary you were you were fine, Thank you.
Speaker 1: I like to do it as well.
Speaker 3: I didn't know that it didn't strike me. I mean, you were a little bit deflated at the end, but there was probably you know, that.
Speaker 1: Was about part of the course. Yeah, I would say to anyone listening, you know how it's so unsettling to hear the sound of your own voice recorded. Yeah, it never goes away, and broadcasting, by the way, it's so much worse to hear yourself wasted. Oh god, and it is. It is the punishment you need. I paid my penance on Monday morning because I had to clip a few videos out of the commentary. And I just sit there.
Speaker 3: You can tell, oh boy, can you do? And you can sniff your own bullshit like no one else can. And you you put on pretense when you've been drinking. You cand of get a bit of a not you me, No, me too. Yeah, but I get this kind of voice, and I'm making these jokes and I think I'm all that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I'm all that more than normal. My confidence made is full. Yeah, I'm trying jokes that don't land. Yeah, it was mentioned on the on the text, and thanks to all of you who sent those through.
Speaker 3: It's great to have the support when you're in it in a difficult time, having drunk all afternoon and trying to do a commentary.
Speaker 4: But yeah, look, tell you what the question you asked me.
Speaker 3: I've been working on it my whole life and I've never managed to quite work out how you handle that commentary.
Speaker 4: And I'll tell you what.
Speaker 3: To be fair, we're not getting a great example from the top and the acc because absolutely not. G Lane will often come in an absolute steam train and commit horror intoce atrocities on the air.
Speaker 1: There'll be some There'll be some afternoons where you know, you will be at the bar having a having a beer on a Friday afternoon and I'll turn the loone and just be like, jeez, made, I've got to commentate. I might, I might bounce it. I guess Look, I think your only way through is just a drink through into the commentary that's top down. So yeah, okay, I'm going to play I think a few waders, a bit of a feed.
Speaker 3: She'll be right. Yeah, you'll tune into that commentary to find out if the case assa, what will be will be? You know, you know you're in the Yeah, you're on the tides of you know that. You just go with the time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, just don't fight it, don't swim against the universt.
Speaker 1: We can't. Yeah, you can't change the ways. You can only choose which ones to ride. That's right, Yeah, towers them. Yeah, I wanted another bit of advice. I wanted to ask you or get your take on as changing room etiquette, because you can probably tell you could probably even hear it. I've been going to the gym quite a lot lately. Yeah, Mills. Yeah, go over to Lis Mills. I am quite aware when I walk into that gym that I am the least attractive person in there every time I walk in. It's one of those hot people gyms, right, I got no right to be there. But it's also just across the road from work, so I'm like, yeah, I kind of go to a middle aged gym, so that. Yeah, but then I also think if I go there for long enough, then I will become a hot person.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, they're just people that have been there longer than you have.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, at one stage the other gym.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's right, you're the walking before photo for all the after photos.
Speaker 1: A big time. But anyway, so when over there went pretty hard since some pber's it's not about that. Came back and I shower here at work. There are the situation at work is there are about fifteen showers. I don't know if you've ever been into these changing rooms I have. There's like fifteen showers, but the area to get changed is so small.
Speaker 4: Within the shower.
Speaker 1: No, well yes, but then also our oh yea yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, you can only fit about three people and yeah right yeah, so you know, I've had an awkward interaction with one of the guys from the Herald where we held hands in our andies at one point. Yeah, that's not getting changed. But there is a guy that goes down there and he is full stark naked. He goes full naked, and I just wanted to know what is the etiquette around going nude in a shared locker room because this is a building that has about five different companies in it. Yeah, we don't know each other. Like if it's a sports team, I get it, but this guy is he'll walk in get full nude and then sort of duck around, fire off a text, organize his clothes. Then he'll go and have a shower. This is all full nude. By the way, he'll have a yarn with you, he'll look you in the eye, stuck out, and then he goes running. Hey is he running? Oh god, I've sort of repressed it. I'm sure he's not giving him a great account of himself. He's just biked into work.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, So I haven't I respect that.
Speaker 3: I mean, if someone's engineering a situation so they can be nude to show off what they've got, I don't respect that. But someone that's running like two testes and a split testing on top and there's still nude, I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, you're restricting.
Speaker 3: Well, I just respect that because it's like you you're being nude because it's more practical. It's not about sort of you know, you know, yeah, you're not showing off, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But the thing that really gets with it is when he gets out of the shower. So he's obviously in the shower, he's drying himself. Then he comes out and he's holding the towel in his hand and he walks out nude, it would be easier to wrap it around, yeah, your waist, even your shoulders. So at that point, I'm like he's making a point here. He's like, yeah, it would be easier for me. I'm gonna make it harder on myself. Yeah, just so I can walk out here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, essentially, because I just got to the gym called body Tech, and it was very pro nudity. It seemed like dudes would be like shaving and they'll be fletely nude, you know, like you know, they'll be there, they'll do all the ablutions in the nude and get everything they need to do in the nude, and then then get dressed afterwards. And I started to feel like I was the bad guy because I'd be wearing a towel. Yeah, you know, like, like, what's wrong with me? I'm you know, am I being judgmental of these people?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 4: What am my? What am I doings? So I don't know, but.
Speaker 3: I think I think you're allowed to I think it's the I think you're allowed to be nude.
Speaker 1: I think you are.
Speaker 4: I think and it's a changing room situation.
Speaker 3: You're allowed to be nude, I mean, but you're also allowed not to be nude.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it goes both ways.
Speaker 4: I just both ways.
Speaker 1: But the biggest problem that I have obviously the walking out of the shower holding the towel. That's egregious. But then I'm now getting changed next to my man and we are like, honestly, we've got about it would be like a four square meter area, yeah, change, There'll be three or four dudes in there, you know, and at that point we're touching buttocks.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, and I don't want that. Yeah, No, that is interesting.
Speaker 3: I don't know what the ediquette is and it's going to be it's getting beaten out. I think definitely people are getting less nude at gym's. I think nudity is going away a lot quicker. I know that people that have been to boarding school have a very different view of it. It's although you were boarding stol but yeah, and you're not necessarily going as neud as you did at boarding school.
Speaker 1: Well, but if I was with the boarding school guys, that's a different thing. Yeah, because it's.
Speaker 3: A received you know that the conditions are agreed agreed upon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and there's a bond with those the same with the rugby team. Fine with that, I just had a thought, like different thought.
Speaker 3: I was at the Gymmy stands like, I keep going home and showing at home what am I doing?
Speaker 4: Shout the gym free, hot water, free, soap, yeap? What am I doing?
Speaker 3: I love about one hundred meters from my gym, and I'm walking out the door. Just need to have my clothes in a bag and use the facilities I'm paying for.
Speaker 1: What I would say is make sure if you're doing that, that you're washing your towel in between workouts, because I've just become aware that I probably I actually can't remember the last time I washed my gym towel. Yeah, it might not have been this calendar year. And I've only become aware of that because I've broken out in a rash this week and I'm like, is it because I keep putting my towel on the floor of a sheer bathroom and then drawing myself with it the next day? Probably?
Speaker 4: Probably it's Probably it probably is. So that's just a high gien PSA.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I think I think if you're in a group where you're like a rugby team, boarding school, whatever, you know, the people, Yeah, I'm okay with that. If it's even within the same company. I'm kind of okay with that if you just straight up don't know each other.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, no, I think you might. I think you might have a point there, But are you going to say anything? God, no, put your pants on, mate, I didn't you want to talk? The other day, I was sitting down and he said, Matte, how you going? And I was sitting down, He's standing up. I was like, we're not doing this, man, I'm Eige level here.
Speaker 1: Oh that's good. So thank you very much for your I'm sure some people have some feelings on this. They send them through in your and your voice smails. We're going to take a quick break. When we come back, I've got a heated debate. I'd like to also run past you, so quick break will be right back. But just before we do, Helenstein's VP, we want to hook you up with an exclusive opportunity to win VIP Warriors Experience. You'll score tickets, cash money, food beverages, vouchers to be kitted out by the legends at Helenstein. So it takes VP to three two, three six to be there at VIP thanks to the acc in Helenston's all right, the Olympics are underway ahead of the actual opening ceremony, which is tomorrow morning our time at sixteen.
Speaker 3: I know, how gutting for the men sevens. They're out of the Olympics before the Olympics even start. Yeah, they're gone. Do they have to come home now?
Speaker 1: Oh god?
Speaker 4: Let them hang out in the village and have a good time.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean, what's that guy Andrew and u stuff. Yeah, dangerously good looking man.
Speaker 1: He's done like four acls or something. He finally got to go to the Olympics. And now they're out.
Speaker 4: I mean they smashed South Africa and pool play and then.
Speaker 3: Just just didn't fire. And the fire they looked so freaking good. What's that guy Moses Moses Leo? Oh yeah, god he's got some speed. Yeah, no they did. It's just I mean that's how sports goes. Yeah, and especially sevens. I think sevens is volatile. Is volatile. You know, you get the break, you get, you get an overlap, you know, you run a couple of length of the fields and intercept the teach. When you have rugby, Yeah, it is anyone could beat anyone. Yeah, but I mean I feel bad. Analysis I came into my radio show, and I said the sevens against South Africa, we are going to win the goal we were, yeah, we look, We've.
Speaker 4: Never looked so good. And the end.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's how she goes. She's a cruel sport. But we have announced our flag bearers who are going to be Joe Ali and Aaron Gate, who I didn't realize cyclist cyclist, Yeah, I didn't realize. He was at the twenty twelve Olympic Games. Wow, bronze middleist there. Yeah. Wow, she's most decorated Commonwealth athlete as well. And then Jolie is the sailor as well. She was at the twenty twelve Olympics too, So two very decorated athletes in their own right. We're talking yesterday on the podcast that Lebron James has been anointed the flag bearer for the US. Oh yes, we're like, we just give him our flag too, and we'll tell uzbiker stant Hey, we'll swap and we'll just draft off the back of the US. He has been you know, because they the basketball team, they select all of these amazing players and every player is like on the superstar of this on the go to guy. But when it comes down to it and they need to win. Lebron James rattled off eleven points to save a win the other day. And he's forty years old, he's still by far the best player on that team, and you find out it nutcrunch time. But all of these memes have now started coming out about how he's the greatest basketball player of all time, blah blah blah. I saw a tweet that said he is arguably the greatest American of all time. Right, someone said I've got him over ab blinken.
Speaker 3: Well, Lebron does a bit of charity work, doesn't He's he's got he's got a He's got to be the greatest full time. You need to both be excel at what you're doing but also excel as a human being, don't you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and yeah he does. He's set up schools in his hometown and things like that. He donates a lot of money to charity. But just thinking of like who's the greatest of all time? The fact that they've got him over a blinket, it made me think, what's in New Zealand equivalent? Like would you have Jonah over Edmund Hillary? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Oh that yeah, Well that's a good, good comparison. Isn't it as differ a good comparison like who is the greatest New Zealander of all times? Have you guys ever done that? On the Mett and Jerry Show. No, I haven't actually, but it's a difficult one to to work out.
Speaker 4: I mean, what have you done? The greatest New Zealander of all time?
Speaker 3: Might be just a community leader that has just done a whole lot of stuff quietly in the background and changed in millionaires people's lives.
Speaker 1: It might be I don't know, some around Butterman.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it might be just someone that's running a community boxing gym or something and he's changed a million people's lives just quietly with a butterfly effect.
Speaker 1: Man petech out and we stalkland. What about like Ernest Rutherford?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I mean I don't know, like he did split the Adam, and the splitting the Adam, you know, fired up Oppenheimer and his mates and now now we were at so there was some sliding doors there if he hadn't done that. Although I interviewed this guy, he's a very famous Brian Cox, famous UK physicist, and he visited you know, he's from Manchester University where Brutherford went to and he said, you run a geig account over Rutherford's desk.
Speaker 4: It's still still because because back then they didn't really.
Speaker 3: Know what they were doing, so they keep his memorial desk all all all sealed off because there was so much radiation operating around that guy.
Speaker 1: There was a lot. There's a lot of those stories about girls using the stuff as nail polish and like lip gloss in that. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Mercury chasing quicksilver they called it, chasing it around the table for fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, but yeah, I don't know who. I feel like there's reeks of another bracket showdown where we put all of the like sixty four New Zealanders.
Speaker 4: Shit is a hard one.
Speaker 1: Keith versus Harold?
Speaker 3: Is it someone like Willi Apiata because you know Charlie Upham, Charlie Upham, you know, great heroism, Yeah yeah, and then humble when they get home.
Speaker 1: Thingy verse props. Boy, Yeah, you know, the Harold versus Constable Keith. There'd be so many good grudge matches that you could have. Lundy v. Bain obviously being there as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, anyone going up against Lundy or Baine would hope to win their round if you've got Sir Edmund Hillary up against Lundy, Yeah, and Lundy goes through to the next round, he would though, I acc people are voting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right, that's the problem Jake the muss Although then do you have a problem where Jake the Musk could conceivably come up against Queen b Beatrice Farmina? Is that a problem?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so Steven Adams, Yes, Stephen vs. Valerie?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think this this wrenks of a bit of a bracket for the SEC, doesn't It's good?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Who I think Steven Adams versus Ernest Rutherford? You like trying to work it out, like, how do we compare these two? How many rebounds to Yeah? What was any double doubles did mness Rutherford career earnings? Steven Adams is up over one hundred million US now chances of completely setting off a chain of events that destroy the entire planet Rutherford, He's got He's got you there.
Speaker 1: He's got them hands down. Yeah. I think that we could compile a good list of some of the best. We even sat down on the office man Joe Jury this morning and just blast of a couple out there. Jason Gunn versus Party Far Away.
Speaker 3: Coincidentally, I'm about to shoot a TV commercial All Day to Day with Jason Gunn. I'm off out to it's Jason Gunn. I'll ask him ask him for me. Thanks, John too Good? Was Dave dobbyin Michael Hill versus the Mad Butcher?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 3: Oh ship? That's a that's a yeah. I think I think I think the Mad Butcher might get there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think you would to, particularly with our audience. Are in Van Dyke versus Bernice Mini Oh ship? Yeah? These are Toughern's, Richie d C you know, Hills Bears versus Mike McRoberts, the Nick Minute Guy versus Doctor Ashley Bloomfield. Like, there's a lot out there, and I think I think we need to put this put together a bracket and then we'll vote down to find out who's the greatest New Zealander of all time?
Speaker 3: What was the whale thing many years ago? The whale on the beach thing? Who did that? It was the dolphin? Yeah, I can't remember what it was. There was the otter that escaped, ye Jin the ottit? Yeah, I think Jim the Otter versus Shriek the sheep. I mean we moving into the animal kingdom.
Speaker 1: There Trick the sheep versus Dolly the sheep, the first cloned sheep from New Zealand as well. Yeah, the Canterbury panther versus the Hearst eagle versus the Fiordland moose. You know, we're getting into cryptosology this. Yeah, but still but I think, yeah, okay, all right, I'll work across the weekend. If this has triggered anything in New dm us send us in a voicemail. We'll put this bracket together, start doing it next week. We are in a roundabout way still talking about the Olympics, the dirty cheating Canucks. They beat us. Yeah this morning two one. Yeah, so the drone worked.
Speaker 3: I was thinking about this, so I could fly a drone over Richard Carhoi's house. But it wouldn't tell me anything about being really good looking.
Speaker 7: And I think that was the same thing that the Canadians are doing. There's nothing that the New Zealanders could teach us about football, if you know what I mean. It's like there was no information there they could take out.
Speaker 3: Because it's our strategy as nine at the back, booted as far away as we can get it to the Koli boot it down the field and hope it doesn't come back for a couple of minutes.
Speaker 1: I tell you what the biggest fuck you move from our team would be is to film their training and send it to Canada. There you go. You don't have to spied us everything we're about to do and then win. Unfortunately we lost, So yeah, that's obviously.
Speaker 3: Well were they won the gold medal last time. Everly ranked, we're like right down the bottom.
Speaker 1: So it turns out crime pace.
Speaker 3: But you don't expect that from the Canadians A to put up their hands as the first story of the Olympics. Next cheats, like if you were running the sweep steak on that. I mean, Canada being outed as treats with cheats was low on the low on the chances.
Speaker 1: Did not have that on my bingo card A Russia even at this Olympics probably not there'll.
Speaker 4: Be Russians there, but IOC yeah whatever he is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so yeah, a bit disappointing for that, but I don't think anyone expected us to win that one. Anyway. We're gonna take one more quick breaks before we do. The Snacker Chaneesy sports scholarship is really starting to heat up. G Lane is meeting people and parking lots across the country to dish out the scholarship. So if you want to be the next one, text chip to three two three six to win the Snacker Changey Sports Scholarship quick break and we will be back with yours please, yours please.
Speaker 2: Brought you by Leader Home of.
Speaker 8: The LA.
Speaker 1: Just the five to get through today. The other day Heath we did twelve and I think we decided collectively that's too many, that there's too many, a bit of discretion. Today we've only got the five. First one here call it yours please. Jeez.
Speaker 6: Sorry, I don't know what happened there. I think the iHeart radio music just started playing. Anyway, feeling pretty rubbish, put on the bloody the acec agenda and the first thing that comes up is Pugo eff Trainer. I was like, that's fucking right, Senor brought back the good stuff. What a champion. I know, I know we're all games tomorrow morning, so I think funk that shuits back all right? And fuck South Canterbury.
Speaker 4: It's so good that the cold rex. Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Although oh yeah, I was back on a lot on the day before John Key bandatt and then now it's back and the only problem is it is it's selling out your future. You don't get any better when you're on the pseudo of for drink, you know what I mean, kicking it down the road, kicking down there. It gives you the energy and clears you up enough to get through that day, but you will have to spend that day getting sick at some point, you know, like if you've got a Friday you have to get through, then this Saturday is going to be that that Friday to out of the sickness.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: It's like it's a it's a delay. Yeah, I mean, it's like if you took a line of cocaine, it'll get you through the night and keep you awake if you're tired, but you will you will be tired again or more so afterwards.
Speaker 1: All like our drinking is borrowing all of tomorrow's happiness. Yeah, that's exactly what it is.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you want to feel really really happy right now and not care about any of your problems. You can have that, but they will all come back times ten tomorrow, That's right. All like trying to drink you out of a hangover again. You're just kicking it.
Speaker 1: Down the road.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sometimes you just go I'm gonna and you know that. But final analogy.
Speaker 1: Would be anyone who's ever taken emmodium.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah that Yeah, that's just putting a finger in the dike that thought I was doing.
Speaker 1: But Lane's been on the sodo this week. That's always been fighting through not the coll here yours.
Speaker 5: Hey fellas, I know your sports are Jason and Jon's not a quick question. Why is there no Hoak frequencies in Queenstown anyway?
Speaker 3: It feels like you're doing some of Edmund from over at Radiohachi. Well, it's a lot of things. Frequencies cost a lot of money, and also Queenstown is a transient population of tourists coming through, so it's hard to do a lot of sales based around radio there. We do have a frequency in one Aca and you can get that sort of right over the Crown Range.
Speaker 4: You can get you can get us an arrow Town pretty much.
Speaker 3: But a lot of people listen on iHeartRadio was I was doing a vineyard tour a couple of weeks ago, and he was down there and went to the Gibson Valley and and this lovely lady came up and said her and here and a boyfriend listened on the iHeart radio big for so you know you can get it.
Speaker 1: You can get it. There are ways to get it. Yeah, and get it. I always to find it. But there's also no frequency in South Canterbury. Ah, that's and so when I first moved to Auckland and got a job at Radio Hodaki, my mom thought I was working for a EWE station. She'd never heard of it that broadcast down there. So yeah, but yeah, ridiculous that they cost money. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can't see the millions of dollars you have to spend on an if M frequency is going to last much longer in the internet area. Yeah, where does that money go? Who gets that?
Speaker 4: Yeah? No one knows. The government goes into rocones.
Speaker 1: Another call here, yours please.
Speaker 8: Fellas Hey, just wondering what's the Tigers game Friday night being a sell out again? Has it ever been a team go through the whole NRL season selling out every single home game? Because I think there's only two more left, and fuck it would be good, wouldn't it sell them all?
Speaker 6: Out? Right?
Speaker 3: I mean, eals game's already pretty much. Yeah, close to sellout, so to nights one is He's right there.
Speaker 1: Two more so, we've had ten home games this season, sold them all out, Eels, and then I forget who the other one is. I expect that they'll both sell out as well. Oh Bulldogs is out? Yeah yeah, Bulldogs. Yeah, I expect that they will both sell out. And I did do a little bit of research for this podcast. That would be the first time that a team has ever sold out every one of their home games in the season, and so far we are on a fourteen game sellout streak dating back to last year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because when we lost the last one, I set to his friends and I said, oh, Les's we'll be able to get tickets easier to go to the game.
Speaker 4: And she was like, it's sold out.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, well that's true because people and people. Yeah, it's more than that. It's more than just the winning, isn't it now. Yeah, Well, this is the thing. There's always been.
Speaker 1: There's always been a massive Warriors faithful who even through the doldrums, they would come.
Speaker 4: It never really got below eight thousand people.
Speaker 1: That's right, Yeah, and even it'll be it'll be like a Sunday afternoon raining sideways, and you know there'd still be fifteen thousand people there to watch Sewn Johnson slough a conversion from the sideline to cut the deficit to forty.
Speaker 3: You know, well, someone told me that eight thousands about the break even point. If they get eight eight thousand at home throughout all the games, then then that's what they need to do to be working as a club.
Speaker 1: Should they be printing money?
Speaker 4: This printing money?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, so all you've got to do is have the cultural impact that people love going along and then you know, you know it's always going to sound I mean, but I mean, how many games in a row have we said it's the must win. It's actually Mass was making a good point on we've gotta be careful with the must win because there's always a mathematical way.
Speaker 4: You can get through.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think probably even if we lose against the Tigers, there's probably some way where some people above us ship the bed for the last five games. And you know what I mean, Yeah, I mean I don't know, I can't even work those out. No need, So we really really need to win this one. We really really needed to win it last week where we're really really really need to win it.
Speaker 1: I said it on the podcast used today. I think I just want us to win this one so we can just have one week we're leaving.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I've got a theory about this because our last is a bye. If we win, you know, to get through into the top eight. We're in quite a good unique position because you know, you end up in the arts end of the top eight, then you don't have that that that rest. So at least we'd have the rest game before we went into it. We're actually set up. We're actually set up for it for a run right through ten ten ten wins and we win the thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, you're right, because the advantage of coming like first or the second is that you then get a buy because the thing's quite convoluted. Yeah, and we basically get that anyway because of because of the buye.
Speaker 4: So is this the stars aligning dolphins?
Speaker 3: That's that's one that might be a difficult one anyway.
Speaker 1: But anyway, Yeah, this this would be a NRL first if we sold out every one of the home games. A call here yours please.
Speaker 9: Every Friday Cants. It's Mike Ox along here. I was just thinking about these halftime shows that we have that like the Warriors and all that, and how boring they are when it's just the same bullshit fucking light show. What if we were to implement Manya's halfback sports day the is for the halftime shows. I think they'll be quite thrilling for the audience and we can actually see if these games actually work or for the rules set. Anyways, unfucked South canabry thank you?
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't know which one of them because a lot of them are like sports related, so it'll be like bringing a guy out of the stands to bowl the next over. Yeah, yeah, the next over, or turn the field sideways for soccer, or attach a hoop to the crossbar and rugby. I don't know that they would work as a as a halftime show. I think there's more changes to actual sports. But I did once in another life as the promost person for Hodaki. We got pitched from KFC. They wanted to promote their Crusher and they wanted to do a halftime show. I've got it. You run from one end of the field to the other. At halfway, Ruben Wiki's gonna crush a tackle you at the other end. You've got a sights that Judith crusher Collins and then and then whoever loses gets their car crushed.
Speaker 4: That's good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe that could be the half time Yeah, maybe that could. I mean, I love when there's a mascot race. That always gets me going be found a mascot race. Also, like when you have the people dressed up on the bag inflatable sumo. Yeah, costumes smashing each other.
Speaker 4: That's good.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I don't mind people in a zorb, you know. Yeah, I don't mind as orb at all. I don't mind a race.
Speaker 1: As long as there's an opportunity for someone to humiliate themselves, we're generally happy enough with it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So yeah, but I reckon that it's tough work as a person that's done the halftime shows as a radio host. Tough yecker out there. It's because for you, there's a huge amount of people there. But you just got to remember that no one gives a shit about no one's watching, no one's watching you, and no one cares. Everyone's off getting somebody to eat or thinking about or talking.
Speaker 1: And yeah, we had a I wasn't there for it, but we had a howler of a promo where the idea was a burger was going to be dropped from a drone, but Ben Hurley was seeing it. But for whatever reason, they couldn't fix the burger to the drone or the drone crashed or something.
Speaker 4: I feel like I was there for this, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: And so in the end Heurley, just thinking on his feet, just picked the burger up and threw it. Someone had to try and catch it. There was enough, there was another game. I was out. It was like a woman's tea twenty and they brought the worker keeper out at the change of innings to try and set the world record for the highest catch as well as an eaton Park.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the and it would fall so far away from her, it was swirling, yeah, and then it would just land ten meters away, and the m secret going, I'll give her one more try, and everyone in the crowds, oh god, because she had to run so far and then die because it was was someone hadn't.
Speaker 1: Counted in that, I know, when he hadn't tried it. Yeah. Yeah. So it's like we're going to drop it from above Eden Park and it's like there's this howling gale. She can't she can't track this thing. The drone's not sitting still in the air. The height was the least of the problems. That was how far away it was for just humiliated. I wasn't here for that one as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was like, please stop, just please stop doing this.
Speaker 1: No more, no more. I reckon, we could come up with a good halftime show. We'll put our brains to it. I think we've got one more caller here, two.
Speaker 3: More flood the state, flood the stadium and go full gladiated with the ships.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Oh, I'd love that. Every April Folds they put out of an article that they're going to host the World Surfing leg at eating part.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it gets me, got me, It got me. Last year I was like, wow, they got a ship. Okay, yeah, but I mean I can kind of believe that because you have those artificial surf things. You know, it's in the realms of possibility. You know, there's a there's a wave pool in Mount Albert, you know.
Speaker 1: Why not? All right, that'll do us for today. We knocked this thing on the head. Keep an eye on this feed later on, we'll have the a SEC Sports book out as well. Enjoy weekend Heath and Price the next week you Tominoir and you know, up the Worst, Up the Worst.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to the ACC's Agender podcast, brought to you by Export Ultra. For more episodes, like and follow on iHeartRadio for of you get your podcast