Speaker 1: Welcome back into the Man Monday podcast, brought to you as always by four and twenty PI, is the perfect at home snack for watching rugby league and Welcome into the podcast. This week, chriss Keatechris's last team sheet of the year named now for the Warriors. I don't even know where to start.
Speaker 2: Oh are we doing the podcast this week? Yeah? Oh sure, okay, but the second time this week, so just looking at this team, this teamless? Yeah, sorry, no, you're right. I was gonna say, how do you feel about this season and this game? Well, to be honest, I don't even I'm I mean, I'm gonna watch it obviously. Yeah. It's at Shark Park there, and mess you were busy this weekend.
Speaker 1: I actually know I've got a thirtieth birthday on so I probably won't be able to watch it. You're right, yeah, yeah, I definitely wasn't just flaking out of the commentary there. Yeah, genuinely. Yeah, I got a birthday, you know, Sean? Oh yeah, didioth Yeah right, I do know, Suan. Well, that is awkward and it didn't get the invite. Yeah, but I'm covering you for the commentary as I wouldn't have been. He was like, could you give me myn eys details he's commentating that night, But how frustrating is it looking at the team list and they've shifted chance to send it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I saw that there's all these all the headlines have gone crazy about it, as as they have all season about like should Chance in the center so that RDS can be a fallback? Blah blah blah that they were looking at that. You know, they were trying to say that again this week. I just think they needed to bring Tayane and I don't know, Yeah, Tane's excellent obviously, yeah, because Alila was back in there. But also, I mean I think it took Rocoberry is still injured, Rocker Berry being injured, and I think it took those two young fellas playing in the centers that time who had an absolute shocker. Yeah. Yeah, for me to be like this whole next man up mentality, I don't think we're there with the centers. And he sort of said it a couple of weeks ago, where it is just because people were like, oh, why don't you try out new players and new possessions. He's like, look, this is the NRL. You don't just dish out jerseys just to see what you've got. Yeah, I mean, so that's also he's the coach because what happens if is the the win loss column reflects on him. And by the way, Mike Minogue was saying to me yesterday, he probably stole it from another podcast. But we're two and nine in our last eleven games. If we lose this game, it's officially our worst ever finished to any Warrior season in history.
Speaker 2: Is that all right?
Speaker 1: That's one hundred percent correct. That is how bad we have been going. And we show up big smile, ready to go every week, you know, Like, so that's actually like quite when you think about that's that's huge. It's been a really bad season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And.
Speaker 1: Moving Chance to free obtained Turpikey where you've got the golden boot fullback. You know, I know he's out this week and stuff, and I know that you want to stick with Chance because he's like a part he's more of a link man and Roger's more of a run first guy. But doing it in the last round of the season really irks me for some reason. Yeah, I think it irks a lot of people. I think that's why a lot of the papers were leading with it, but I don't think who would you have put in the centers then, Like would you put more Olograms half way back in there? Adam Pompy got injured last week, Rockerberry is still out.
Speaker 2: Well this is the issue, isn't it. Well?
Speaker 1: I mean you look at the reserves, Ed Coursey, I've had enough of the Kussy club this season. He needs another off season under his belt. You won't be renewing my membership.
Speaker 2: I don't think so. Look Aheta Sema.
Speaker 1: He's got a whole lot of promise, but he's just so inexperienced, and he hit a shocker last time he was out there.
Speaker 2: I mean he does. His hands are tired. Really, he had to do.
Speaker 1: This, that's right, And I think that's that is why you've got chance in its center, not because they want to see how he goes this week. His hand has been forced by Roger being out, rock o'berry being out the whole season pretty much. Now, having said all of that, I hope he goes great guns at center. He went really good at six, Yeah he will. So that game at six was against the Panthers and Magic Round.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I watched him firsthand, be excellent and get us a win against the Panthers, and tained to a picky kick it from the sideline. He's clutched by the way to a picky We need a bit of that. Yeah he is, But I think what best case scenario for me how this happens, because I think a large part of why we've stuck with him this whole season is because he told him, Hey, Roger's coming back, You're still a fallback. And Whereby seems to be the kind of guy if he tells you something, he's going to stick with it, right, like through thick or thin.
Speaker 2: He's pretty stubborn on that yet, So I.
Speaker 1: Think what needs to happen is Chance needs to go gangbusters in the centers realized that he could be our version of Joey Munu and then and then in the off season, he needs to go into were his office and be like, hey, I've got an idea. I want to play center well, and then that gives web free reign to be like perfect, I don't have to say I went back on my word. Things have changed. He wants to be sent to. Now if Roger's going fall back, do you want a hot take? If he did that, Yeah, I'd have Roger on the other center and have tained to a picky at fullback? Wow? Really one hundred percent? Or yeah, I just because I don't.
Speaker 2: Like to be fair.
Speaker 1: Chance, running two to three hundred meters a game just head first into the defense is not good for his longevity in the NRAL. So that's something that he should taken to consider. But I would say tain to a picky running three hundred meters not good for the worries. We wouldn't expect him to do that because you've got your outside backs, your centers who can do that. You change from having your fullback constantly doing I don't know, this is just me spitballing, and it's trying to pull some positivity out of the season.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think the positiivity would be we got to have a crack with Roger to Us because when you look back on the season, and if you're right about the stats, a better podcasts would have done their research. We you know, if we knew this is how the season was going to go, wouldn't we rather have seen? Like, wouldn't you rather have lost? But had Roger to Us Shick starting every game at full back, would have been pretty sick. Would have been very sick, wouldn't it.
Speaker 2: I don't need to reiterate.
Speaker 1: I've been very anti him it fall back and really sticking to my guns and backing up weepster here. But now it's the end of the season and tained to a pick, he's there and chans are shifted. It would have been fucking seck to see Roger. Yeah, that's right, and I think that's been a big part of being a Warriors fan for the better part of thirty years.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: How has been like, look, we're probably gonna lose. Let's lose by firing some shots, you know, absolutely go down swinging. Yeah, but how I love how much of it just intro to the Warriors. That says for everyone who jumped on last year, that's to go from one of the greatest seasons to one of the worst ever.
Speaker 2: Sex is so Warriors. It's fucking awesome.
Speaker 1: I guess that why it doesn't like, yes, the record might seem that way, but I feel like a lot of these have been close losses.
Speaker 2: It's not like we've been getting pants every.
Speaker 1: Week, absolutely losing by eight, six or eight points and then touring and then Golden Point exactly. We just we can't see all the deal. We aren't clutched a draw. Yeah, so it has been a flip, not a flip of a coin. But yeah, a few tries here and there and it'll be a completely different story. Yeah, it hasn't been a pants and it's not We're not the tigers, you know, but we're not the rabbit o's. It's a great point you raise about all of the people that got on the bandwagon last year that are now like and everyone else is just like, Oh you thought shit was sweet over here when you hopped on the bandwagon and you saw everyone already on there who were like a shell of themselves, waving their flags, excited, and you thought, oh, that's weird.
Speaker 2: This is why it was.
Speaker 1: It's honestly, this season has been like the start of a horror movie.
Speaker 2: You know, when you go around to the the you know, the in.
Speaker 1: Laws house for the first time you're meeting them. You start noticing things like, yeah, painting looks a little bit yeah one percent, whis the.
Speaker 2: Dad got such a weird smile? And how come there's a guy that lives out in the body.
Speaker 1: So the bandwagons fans now locked in the basement getting tortured. Yeah, yeah, that's right, and then everyone started to realize and now they've and now they've realized and it's too late. Yeah yeah, yeah, you're stuck here now. Yeah, we'll see it nex season. We're pulling your teeth out. You can't get off looking at the Shark's team anything you want to, Yes, Number twenty two Nico Nicholas Heines, he will be starting. I think Daniel Atkinson Rayden Trindle have been doing a good job. By the way, Atkinson, he's a real talented half of the future, someone we should steal. Yeah, they've been doing really well since you know, they've've had an up and down season themselves to Shark despite that they're in the top four. So they're in the top four and they've had an up and down season despite having genuinely the easiest draw out of any team in the ral of the season. Yeah, and you know, Niko Hines has been in and out. He's been weird this season, in and out of form as well. What's our man, Oh, he's not even in the team. That's the other thing. Molly Tulle is not in the team for some reason. He arcs up against the Warriors, he does because otherwise really chill dude.
Speaker 2: It seems he does that. NAS does that as well.
Speaker 1: These guys that I think Molly Tullle literally played for otahoh or Orni Hunger one of those teams.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he grew up here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then he comes back and loves just rubbing out, isn't it.
Speaker 2: I don't know what it is.
Speaker 1: Well, he's a massive shit stu. He's one of the most disliked players in the NL, but I like him, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, so.
Speaker 1: I don't really see it because the thing I like about him is he'll score a hat trick and rack us up, and then the next week he'll fuck up two tries massively by showing off and they're not grounding it properly or something.
Speaker 2: He's quite a funny player like that. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Having said all there, Toby Rudolph origin Cuffers not to be confused with the actual Ken McInnis Like, I just think Brittain Nickod has been been back to some of his career best I think this year at times. Yeah, absolutely, second half the seasons. He's got that amazing running game where he can just head a line and get in space to be honest. He used to combine with Nicko Hines a lot doing that, but he still just gets through so much work and finds himself in space a lot.
Speaker 2: Twelve one to twelve or thirteen plus? What are you thinking?
Speaker 1: The tearb's thinking thirteen plus. I'm thinking thirteen plus. I've gotta be honest, I'm thinking thirteen plus two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: We can't put that on as the hunch though, right, No, I mean we can. We have done in the past.
Speaker 2: I don't know. And I know.
Speaker 1: The thing is, we're always anty this because people come at us just like, oh no, it's a matter of faith, blah blah blah. It's yeah, okay, but I also watch Rugby League one and I also have money that I'm putting on this game. Yeah, And like, I don't want to lose the money every week, you know what I mean. I wouldn't mind not losing some money.
Speaker 2: It seems like that, But we don't come in here every day to lose money. Produce.
Speaker 3: Adam thirteen plus is only paying a dollars seventy five as well as there.
Speaker 2: Is not even eating. No, I know, what's what's one to twelve? There? Adam just quickly.
Speaker 3: For the Sharks, it is three dollars thirty bitter thirty, but you don't want to be bidding on them to score.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just out of curiousity, what are the what are we paying for a win?
Speaker 2: We're paying five dollars?
Speaker 3: Good, even if you were to guess how much we were paying for thirteen plus, where would you place it?
Speaker 1: Oh, if it's five, then thirteen dollars, Yeah, twelve dollars fifty.
Speaker 2: Shit, five dollars. That's tempting. But is it? No, it's not just because, like.
Speaker 1: The other thing about this this season has been like we've been talking about how they struggle to find a bit of energy or fizz or something when it goes bad one hundred percent, and it doesn't go much worse than Shawn Johnson's last game was effectively last week. They're playing for nothing this week, whereas the Sharks. They I think the top four could be not on the line this week, but they still need wins.
Speaker 2: The one hundred percent do need wins. This is third on thirty six points.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so if they lose this week, then Bulldogs could conceivably jump them, which I think will happen. I think eventually the Bulldogs will get in even though there's only one week left. But come on, it's one week for us. Oh yeah, everyone else got another game of the week after that. And I was just talking about this before out in the office, like we're looking forward to that. When the season started, we're looking at the schedule being like, awesome, last round for us, bye, we go into the finals.
Speaker 2: Ready to go.
Speaker 1: Rather but instead what it's done in the full three sixty and it's now, oh I thank god the season's over one round earlier respite, it's like one less game we have to watch. I know it's been brutial, so look, yeah, there, you're gonna look at this positively. Though the Warriors could get up for a Sean Johnson's last game, yeah b Seawan Johnson revenge game against the Sharks. Oh and see they probably won't get up.
Speaker 2: But and d.
Speaker 1: Edin vanoah Blake. So he's going to play for the Sharks next year. Is this a little bit of an audition for him to be like, Hey, this is the player that you've bought, and subsequently are the players on the other side, who come on, come on, come over this side, mate, We'll leat you through. Who would you bring over. I love he's been re signed by I love Brandon Hamlin. Well oh no, no, I mean they'll they'll say, just stroll through and score a try if you want, the Sharks will yeah on brother, yeah one, he scored your fast try at Shark Park, mateve though probably scored there before.
Speaker 2: But oh wow, I don't know. I'm not saying metchpicks.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, Look, if you're standing in front of Eden vanoa blake and he's coming to play with you next year, and you're up by forty points, yeah i'd matchbacks. You're right, Well, what's the question you're just going to you know? Oh shit, he beat me some Oh he stipped me. Oh wow that footwork. Footworkjez. I thought he was going the other way and I'm missed. You know. I think that right there is why you're not at the NRL and everything you're looking at as well, I'm not at the That's the only thing. So yeah, look, I think my prediction, and again I hope i'm wrong.
Speaker 2: I think thirty thirty plus.
Speaker 1: I reckon they could run up quite a number here because the Sharks are one of those teams that once they start flying or swimming. I should say, they really do. And another thing they'll be wanting to do as well is geting echo back in and restore that confidence because he was just a shell of a human. It's like he was on the Warriors bandwagon. Yeah, towards the end of the season. It was a direct correlation to us losing and him losing confidence.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I think a massive performance where he gets his confidence back could be on the cards. And to be honest, I just want the Warriors to go out there and get through eighty minutes and then say, right, well, let's put a line through that season.
Speaker 2: Let's go twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: Hit their mad Monday and just put it all in the back rearview mirror.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: We're chatting to Charlie Gub on Monday on our drive show and he was saying that he was in the changing sheds after the game. Oh yeah, and he was having a few brewis with some of the higher ups and stuff, and he was a slight narboys, trust.
Speaker 2: Me, it's all it's all on next year. And I was like cool. So, Charlie Gubb's been in there on the purse and he reckoned and the early mail. Is it year?
Speaker 1: Is it's our year? Oh shit? And that is hot and fresh out the kitchen.
Speaker 2: Remixed to agnition.
Speaker 1: He second on the Mad Monday podcast. All right, let's uh, let's take a quick break here and we'll come back with just a little bit of supercoach shit in our fantasy our super coach. He's a hear league Chris, have you been knocked out here? I'm gonna be honest, I stoped. I'm more of an overall guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm a huge overall guy. Now, Yes, welcome.
Speaker 1: Dihinewood had the performance of his entire season against me at the weekend, and like, you can't hate it because he just blew me out of the water. He needed to, he did, and you know, and he's a super coach veteran and I'm still this is only my second season. So it's great that he's going into the finals. But to be honest, if you're listening to this podcast right now and you're looking for super coach advice, what the fuck are you doing?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: I was knocked out like a week ago. Yeah, but that's just a matchup thing. I'm more of a hit overall game, more of an overall guy, I'm doing knocked out too, Like, so why are you even bothering asking us for advice? Well, Brad Vickers has done just that. In the Mad Monday Mounts group. He somehow managed to make the final of his public Hit to Hit League, his final showdown this week. He's only got one trade lift and he's looking at bringing in because he's still got cleary.
Speaker 2: He wants to bring in Hines. If you were still going, if you were looking for points, would you risk Hines.
Speaker 1: One hundred percent if you've got also, if you've got trades, he's got one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's got the one. He's got it up asleep.
Speaker 1: I think you roll the dice on Hines at halfback. Every ounce of my being is telling me that he is not going to play very well.
Speaker 2: Nico Heines.
Speaker 1: He's had an okay season. He's scored terribly next to bradon Trendle, who will be starting to get with if he does play.
Speaker 2: And he lost all of his confidence.
Speaker 1: That state of origin kerfuffle absolutely like robbed him of his confidence. Everything tells you that it's a bad play. But if you're throwing, you know from the dice, and you don't want to lose because the other guy did it and you didn't.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: I did a similar punt where with one of my final trades, I was like stuff and I'm bringing cam Munster and he's my firebaight for the rest of the season, and he's been okay, yeah, like fifties. My general advice this season and last season has been hunt Tigers whoever they're playing. But they're on the by this week, so he can't even do that. Roosters do have the Raiders, so he couldn't go. He also asked Brad Vickers and the Old Man Monday and Munters group, do you go for Kriking because he hadn't had him yet as just scored a hat trick. Yeah, oh that kills me. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Sure.
Speaker 1: But bringing in Crichton is a bit if you look at whoever he's facing up against.
Speaker 2: I've got Crichton.
Speaker 1: So it is one of your manaia situations where you're bringing in someone just to diffuse. Yeah, a potential gun that is likely going to go off. Yeah, that's right. So do you diffuse the bomb or try and make a bigger explosion somewhere else. Those are the issues that you've got to deal with and just quickly, the NRL's released a statement on the Latrell situation.
Speaker 2: Right, So, just quickly, can you talk us through the latreal situation.
Speaker 1: Is there was a photo of him that came out that he was he had his face quite close to a table and they're alleging that there was a white powder on that table. Now we don't know what the white powder was. I have heard that Purcell was on sale at his local supermarket.
Speaker 2: I you have.
Speaker 1: I have heard that he is quite short sighted and he didn't have his glasses with him, and that he was writing down his Kenot.
Speaker 2: Numbers, right.
Speaker 1: I have heard that maybe he had spilt a pack of RaRo and that he was divvying it out right because I heard that he was just doing bumping O hard. Oh really, yeah, that's what I've heard. But I haven't heard that. But it could be one of any of these things, though we don't know. The NRL's released a statement that he's going to get a twenty thousand dollars fine, holy shit, but just a one match a one match suspension, manya. Out of the five hundred or so players currently in the NRL, yes, how many of them do you think have done cocaine during the season.
Speaker 2: I'm going to go during this season for ninety eight, I'm gonna go. Yeah, I'll probably go four ninety seven, four ninety No, because we know the truck. He needs to put the phones away. Put the fucking phones away.
Speaker 1: And whoever his mates are that are like taking photos and letting the shit get out. He's such a fantastic footy player and just off the field stuff, which he's he's dumb, He's good at foot He's got lots of money. Yeah, he's in the public eye. Everyone like half people hate him, half people love him.
Speaker 2: So how would the demons be the next day after that? Are you just some was like a photo.
Speaker 1: You just must get up and go, oh well I was running my Keino numbers down exactly.
Speaker 2: You must just get up and go what is I? Why do I play daily Keno every day? The Rabbit?
Speaker 1: I should name him this week. I don't understand why more teams don't do that. I guess the NRL is smarter than that. But why not to name him this week? Because he's injured? Yeah yeah, yeah, he's actually come right and we've named him this week. Oh but he's suspended, so that'll be him done, so he'll have to miss the first game of next year. Yeah that's right, which is fine. So will you when you start with them next year? And super Coach look forward like the Warriors to twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: I've had a beer in the sheds with my Super Coach team and they're pretty keen on the next year.
Speaker 2: Oh is that right? Yeah, they're going for it. Okay.
Speaker 1: Now, there's so many good full backs. It's the most fun position to beck. So no, I won't be all right. Let's take a quick break, one last quick break. We'll come back and chuck a hunch on time now for our TV hunch. We've got a hundred dollars bonus bit thanks for our good mates at the tab to put on this weekend's action. Christ Key, what do we factor in this hunch with the fact that Melbourn's resting eleven players and for example, I forgot to bring this up during Super Coach chat, Die has got oh yeah yeah, Harry Grant, Jermaine Hughes and.
Speaker 2: Es.
Speaker 1: As soon as I said there was like, that's wrong. And also Alaska tour. So if you've got all those guys and you're And also the Tigers are on a buy, so if you've got like Lachland Galvin.
Speaker 2: You're in deep, deep shit.
Speaker 1: It's so brutal. Yeah, this is not so much advice, is more like it. It's just their graves, that's right, just pointing out that you're fucked. Yeah, you should have seen it coming. But the Melbourne Storm are taking on the Cowboys. Yes, the Cowboys paying a dollar twenty four Melbourne Storm four ten.
Speaker 2: See so the TV have read the team lists too.
Speaker 1: But I believe the Melbourne Storm have still got Pampenhausen. They've still got Tyrone, Wishart and Munster in the halves, and they've got quite a few players on their side who have actually played quite a bit of footy this year.
Speaker 2: Papenhausen year so far long.
Speaker 1: I was playing on one wing, cam Monster's getting some game time, Grant Anderson, who's been playing bloody well for the last few weeks. Tyrone Wishart's playing hooker.
Speaker 2: That's random.
Speaker 1: But yeah, Tyrone Wisharts, who's been a freaking gun this season. It's random, So I don't know, is it crazy? And also the shitt this game tonight actually ye, Denia Amir who he hasn't played much this and Maria and Seba hasn't played at all this year.
Speaker 2: Young tone, my god, up against a full strength cowboys.
Speaker 1: How do you reckon Lazarus vap who's going to go? Well, look he came back from the dead.
Speaker 2: Lazarus. What a great name.
Speaker 1: Actually, I looked at the team and now they're going to get rolled. But well, look we we went down that road until we hit a dead end. I think we get on. I think we get on the Warriors. Obviously we talked about we don't know how the were the valuers in terms of the points and winning margin. But I think, like, let's go, let's just throw a dart at a try scorer. Anytime try scorer you can get down in at two twenty five. You can get Marcello at two forty, which I think is quite high.
Speaker 2: Look a Mickey Aafu at three point fifty.
Speaker 1: If I was to put money on anyone scoring, it would be just an omen bit man. It'd be adding through the middle and Fana Blake. Let's go. We're doubling down on that. We'll put one hundred dollars on that. It's paying four dollars at the time of recording this again, follow that and responsibly we're going to check that on right now. Enjoy your weekend of rugby league. Enjoy your thirtieth Chris.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Is this the final Thursday party of the year. Yeah, we'll be yeah, So it'll be Mondays from now on Mondays, yep, and we'll be commentating the Grand Final, right I presume, So yeah, I assume. So I'll be somewhere over the sky's of Bagdad like I was last year.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I presume we were sweet they'll be there for that, all right. So yeah, he's not Australia.