Speaker 1: Live from the Export Being Gaudens Studio and brought to you, as always by Export Ultra the bear for here. This is the Agenda Podcast for Wednesday, the unight of October.
Speaker 2: The Agenda Podcast, the home of Sporting Nonsense and clap Trap, brought to you by Export Culture.
Speaker 1: I've got time blindness. I think, Yeah, you can't see what the date is. You're terrible.
Speaker 3: You're terrible with like even with holidays, returning dates. You've got some sort of retardations when it comes to that.
Speaker 1: It is. It's a significant retardation. I will book flights back to front as you know, anytime I put leave in. Yeah, so when are you actually landing? Yeah, on Tuesday.
Speaker 3: It's like, no, no, you don't went to Wednesdays as you've got.
Speaker 1: Oh, in my defense, that one was one of those Tuesday plus one situations that can be a bit confusing, but not to take away from the fact that that is a genuine retardation of mine. I don't know what it is because I'm not late and I don't miss things when they're happening. It's just looking into the future. I just can't see it right, like to live in the now. Yeah, you know, I'd like to stay present. Yeah, cool man, Yeah, ice baths and ground well yeah, I mean you know my number one truck is you know, you take your shoes off, stand barefoot in the grass and they will just reconnect you with the earth grounds you. Yeah, it just grounds.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Either that or get blackout drunk on the first night you land. That just completely reset the body. That'll ground you as well. That flows it. You've been on the Grotten Jerry Show this week, Gelane and Jerry Show on the radio Headache. Yeah, you're there tomorrow.
Speaker 3: You're doing Thursday Friday head to Cowow Island rinksp So.
Speaker 1: I saw the marketing and it was like it's going to be Jerry and Friends for the rest of the year, a chance to branch out and Jerry single and ready to mingle. And then the first week they've just got the two dudes who worked down the hallway.
Speaker 3: I haven't seen you in the marketing, but now you think of it. But they're like, that's like, you know, it's like fucking new flatmates. It's like, I'm single, but these guys are just here and to get back out there. She's just in the hallway exactly.
Speaker 1: And I think there's a bit of a vibe. Yeah, and that's what's going on here. So yeah, comments morrow, what is you know, because the content game down the content cole mine, it's all about reusing and regurgit. Sorry, So what's the best thing you guys have talked about this morning? Was it was all about spewing it?
Speaker 3: She because we talked about, well, mash board up the fact that he was in a playground on his own, swinging on a swing, which now hang on, Yeah, they had raised a few alarm bells one twenty four. Yeah, and either a sexual predator or someone who's dangerously wasted, and he denied both and then off here he said he was dangerously wasted, but he said he got quite motion sickness in the swing after a while and he had to get off, and he was quite nauseous for a couple of hours. And then it just moved into vomiting and sick bags on planes, and I regaled a story of my daughter vomiting on me on the ferry, right down my face in front by a full pelican. And then we moved into pelicans, oh yeah, and then we moved into does anyone actually use.
Speaker 1: The airline bags?
Speaker 3: And then one guy texted and said that his three year old daughter vomited NonStop Auckland, Hawaii and used every single bag in the plane.
Speaker 1: That's like a sixteen hour flight or something, isn't it thirteen hours? Yeah, Jesus, so a bit of bom bit of bomb chat. I've I had a flatmate who performed, actually two flatmates who performed a two story pelican. So he bombed out of the second story and pelican the dude who was on the ground. Pelicanning is so gross it is. It's up there with some of the grossest shit you can do, and it's very otago Uni because I remember down there we used to have like key graces. We found this bend in the Leath River. It was essentially an island, and we had a care grace down there. Two kigs, two teams, have probably about twenty people on each team, and it was just how quickly can you get the keg down? And it got so competitive that dudes were like, drink spewed, drunk, spew drinks, pew drink spewmic balmic drinking is not good, not even enjoying it, just just to get it out. And the handy part was the leath river was right there, so you could just throw up in the form your ablutions and there I saw multiple pelicans on that day. I once performed a chunda dragon, though actually twice performed a chunder dragon, which is where as you're throwing up, you flap your arms like you're a dragon. Yeah, the chunda's the flames. I performed that in the car park at the George Street KFC in Dunedin. A school bus showed up of a girls' school that was on an exchange for the Danedan High School. They pulled up the KFC and his you're doing the under dragon. Yeah, yeah, probably not an otarger uni hoodie. I got so suck a couple of years ago that I threw up in the shower and it was the first time I'd thrown up sober in a long time. Oh yeah, very different experience.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we talked about how the different techniques are throwing up. I'm a massive audible, like I scream when I throw I'm a yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm a I cannot Some people are like real quiet.
Speaker 3: I'm a full scream at like on the I can't I can't hide it, I can't go off and like scurry into the corner and do a bomb.
Speaker 1: I'm full screaming like everyone knows. Everyone knows that I'm quite a discreet chunder. In fact, hungover and then also drunk again while we're in to need it, I threw up in the bush on the way into the the pub. There is that recently, Yeah, while we were down there last time. We're in, yeah for the rugby, for the rugby. Yep, this was there's cheeky, like a little cheeky little cat in the corner. Yeah, I know. But and you you just don't hear it. I don't make a noise. She lives in constant fear of throwing up. She can't. She just hates it. I'm fine with it, and I think it's because I'm such a you know, degenerate piece of ship. Yeah that, Yeah, I'm okay with it. But yeah, I don't make a noise. I'll got the fingers down the throat to get because there's nothing worse than that feeling of like you're about to spere it, right, So I'll provoke it every now and there. You go to the gig, can I just my question, just get off the bombs? Did you forget your clothes today. Yes, I did. Yeah, because you're in a you're in a promo shit, and there's always I'm always suspicious when you're in a promo. Shit, what's happened? What have you done? If you're not watching this on YouTube, it's it's the white acc shirt logo on the front, massive logo on the back. Yeah, no, I just love the brand. Man. Yeah, I'm thinking, I know you love there, I know you love the a SEC so much, but it's like, nah, what did you do? Well? I went to the gym this morning, and I go quite often. Yeah, a lot of people noticed that I wasn't there for the last two weeks. They were asking me about it. Anyway, I had a shower, get out of the shower, I was like, ah, fuck, I don't pack of shirt this morning, and my haste to get out the door. So I had my like sweety ass gym shit. And I was like, can't do this, And so La rated the promo covered for me for big T shirt. We got good, you look good. Yeah, you're going to go out do some sampling. Immediately spilt a something on the shirt, a little bit of cost water all over it. But yeah, good, I'll be on the corner of Nelson Rick. Yeah, yeah, yep, with your chance to win. I don't know something another T shirt.
Speaker 3: Well, you won't be in the a SEC promo vehicle because it's seen repainted black. The branding's gone for it. Yeah, I did a photo shoot used today with it. I'm going to ready to sell on Auto Trader.
Speaker 1: Shit, it looks hot, it looks beautiful. It looks so hot. And I got in the seat in there. The B six seats great. The seat we used to have in there was only attached on the on the driver's side. Yes, when you went around the corner, the passenger would be sliding back and forth in there, which is I don't know past all of its warrants. The seat's great, and I put my seats. I put my kids across the seat as well, though I see this is probably on the only times you'll want to be on a bench seat and daughter in the middle with the lap belt, and she goes she was very freaked out about the lap belt. Oh, you quite worked that out. So it's going to fold me in half. It's like, yeah, yeah it will, but it's going to stop you from bouncing around the cabin and hitting us and that's the Yeah, that's the key, that's all that's doing.
Speaker 3: So, yeah, that's getting ready for sale. That's going to be November. Oh, there's a big build up. There's locks on the door.
Speaker 1: Now there were always locks, but you know the little nib that you pull up and push down, that was just a screw with nothing on it. It's getting bitter and bitter by the day. It's no. Yeah, it is a powerful piece of machinery at the moment. Like the engine has been humming for a good couple of years now, knocking wood. Yeah, because it is an old car. Yeah. Eight. Yeah. The photographer popped uponnet and he goes, whoo straight sex. Yeah, he fucking loved that. Yeah. Is that way he selling? And I'm like, it's a good question. Charity, mate, charity. It's also the funniest thing about it, as I find because I drive it quite a bit. It really divides opinion. Checks generally don't like it. Oh what is that? Yeah, dudes will flag you down, but we'll use this this straight suck Yeah, three point out the ninety eight is it? Don't just fucking love it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's it's an icon and hopefully when we sell it, it goes to someone who will love it as much as we have.
Speaker 1: But then that's going to be on auto Trader.
Speaker 3: There's a bunch of videos on how to prepare your car for sale on auto Trader as well. If you jump on the acc in z dot com, all that stuff legends at auto Trader.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how to flick your car. So I've got a couple of cars to sell as well, so I'll be following those tips. We filmed Game of Two Halves yesterday. Oh yes, it's probably behind the curtain. I can't tell you how it went, who won. What I can tell you by way of a tease is this episode will change the way you look at Tony Street forever. Oh really? Yeah? Street was Streety on your team? Street he was on my team. Yeah, she was great as well. She bailed me out a couple of times. I had Tony Street and Angus tar Argicle and Gus. Oh yeah, Javanger was supposed to be on the on my team this week. Yeah yeah, so I know for affect. Joe Jury sent the clip of me through the sky. I suspect you sent it as well. I did. They said they'd received it like four times as soon as I saw the cool sheet of j I was like, fuck yeah. I said, please make him on the other team, and he goes now he's on Minis. There was even bitter here. Check out the most awkward interview of all time when he asked them if he's real, Ha's rehab going No, But thankfully I was bailed out last minute. He got called away and he couldn't do it. So Gus came in. He was from ice Calm Gus. Yeah, he was tremendous.
Speaker 3: It's a powerful team, you Angus Tavao and stread.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's powerful. It was. It was formidable. And then on the other team they had Maconey Tony Lyle conflict of interest to proably behind the curtain even more. Tony Lyle writes the show what so he generally writes the questions and he'll write a lot of the scripts that Laura reads. Did they declare that conflict of interest at the start? He assures me someone else wrote the questions, Okay, I don't know who that would have been. And then they also had Maddy and forgive me her last name, escape smooth. She was our trampolinist at the Olympics. I actually came seventh at the Olympics. I think I met her in the green room. Yes, very small, very small, yeah, small, all those gymnasts. Yeah, well they need they need a command of their body in the air, and the big ure I find the heart of that becomes okay, I reckon. I mean you sounds like to me.
Speaker 3: I don't know the result until Thursday night, eight thirty, Sky Open, Sky Sport.
Speaker 1: You guys be paying White dollar five. Yeah, yeah, a dollar five.
Speaker 3: I think that's a powerful lineup, yes, even just physically quite a powerful lineup.
Speaker 1: Well, we were saying like, if we packed the scrum down against them, we're bliterate. Oh absolutely. I mean you got Maconie mcconi would hold up one side, yeah Maconi yeah, and then pull Medi would be up against Egs and that's only going one way. Yeah, you'd have Street and Tony Lyland in the middle, good old fashioned Tony off yeah, Tony crime. But what I wanted to do there it was at the end and in the end the producer said, this is a bit of a spoiler, but I wanted to get Maddy to do a backflip, you know, in the middle of where they do where they usually do the charades. She was she was up for it, but the producers like she's and heels, we can't badass, so she's done it on heels. I was asking her, like, whipped the heels off, whipped the heels off. I think it was just a real osh occupational saffed in health.
Speaker 3: It's one of those things because I always you watch those you know, I get fit obviously, just Instagram reels of people barely injuring themselves. There's those people trying to attempt a flip and just landing square on the top of the head.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But I was saying to her, like she's an Olympic athlete, she'd better she would nail it. Yeah, But I was asking her, like drinking you could train Angus taval to do a backflip, Like what was the biggest human being? Because I had a flatmate who at the time it was about one hundred and forty kilos and he wanted to train himself to be the largest human being to do a standing backflip. He never did do it. Two bottom heavy. I think he couldn't get the can get rotation and whip with them around. But she said she because she lives in christ she went and trained with the Crusaders boys and she a couple of them could do it, and they are about one hundred kilos, so she's like, big boys can do it. I would love to see her train. Probably not me, but oh my god, yeah, i'd break my neck. Oh yeah, you're practicing that phone pit. They don't you a little bit? Yeah? I said, what's the hardest part. She's like, just committing the fear of being us over to it. Yeah. So yeah. Tune in eight thirty on Thursday, find out if Anker Star Vulcans do a backflip or not. And Tony Street, you'll never look at it the same you again, you will needther of three, mother of three, beloved host of Coast Breakfast, also seven sharp. She feels it on Breakfast from time to time. You will never be able to look at Tony Street the same after you watch this episode, and just quickly before we take a break. On This Day and History, a segment that if every podcast radio show does except for us. But I did want to address something today. The six o'clock Swill ended on this day in nineteen sixty seven. It's obviously neither of us old enough to remember it, but it's echoed through the five years of It's basically that is what. That is why we're such good binge drinkers. Yeah, that is why.
Speaker 3: And it stems from the six o'clock swell when the pubs closed at six yeah, and at five to six everyone would order three jugs each yeah, and smash those before they got home.
Speaker 1: And they apparently they had like a fifteen minute grace period if you'd already ordered one, yeah, then you've got enough time to finish it. And in the end, like we keept saying, every time you go overseas, you come back, you're like, fuck, we love a rule here. Well, this was you know, one of the one of the all timers. Well, this role here.
Speaker 3: Allegedly I had it there so so that mainly men would go home and have dinner with their families and stay home with their families, not stay at the booze booze are all night.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: All it did was make guys drink fucking hard for an hour between five and six and go home wasted and then turf them out into the neighborhood.
Speaker 1: Just blind drunk. And in the end, what I overturned it was when tourism started coming in and all these places were like, we can't serve a beer worth dinner. So these tourists that are coming through it and they're hating it, it's like, okay, fine, we'll do it. And all of a sudden it runs back to the pub prohibition was so there was there's a pub just outside of Omoru that I can't remember what it's called, but it was right on the boundary of Omorus. So it was like, I forget what they call them. There was I think every town had one of these, and because there was prohibition in the town, speak easy basically speak easy. There's another way for another name for it. Can't remember we didn't have we didn't have we didn't really have prohibition and us no certain sections, Yeah, in towns were just like, look we can't. And so there you will find like the outskirts of each of these towns pub right there, mainly mining towns and stuff like that, wasn't it. Yeah? Yeah, on this dand history. In nineteen sixty seven, the six o'clock swell ended, and god, it feels like we're going back that way, doesn't it. Yeah. Well, I'm proud to say we're still following that binge drinking tradition, so had to get rid of all right, this take quick air break. We'll come back and talk some sport. We're talking yesterday about Hoskins Satutu missing out on the All Blacks selection. He's been thrown. I wouldn't say a lifeline, but I guess he's kind of being strung along a little bit because he's been selected in the All Blacks fifteen. Well, I guess you had to. You had to pick him in the fifthe if he was available. Yeah, and look, if I was Hosking Satutu. This is a way to get over to Europe and do a few interviews. Great idea. I paid for trips to Europe.
Speaker 3: He's going to Ireland and he's playing Georgia I think. But he's in the neck of the woods. It's just a euro Star over to pay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I mean. You know what I'm saying. Yeah, So do you do it over to London? Yeah, have had a couple of caps of coffee. Yeah, I meet a few people, some old mates. Yeah. So good on him. You know he'll go over there, use that opportunity. But quite I don't know. If did you see Ricky Ricattelly.
Speaker 3: Didn't make the make the team, and the excuse from the coach was unlucky.
Speaker 1: That's what it was. He's just unlucky. Yeah, It's like, okay, was it luck of the draw? Was it? Was it just a lucky dip of all the hookers and you out. I feel for him a little bit because he's one of those things you can't so hold on. The coach presumably is the selecting mcmellan, Clayton McMillan, Presumably he had to say, and who just come out and said, he's just unlucky. You don't get if you're the selector, you don't get this, that's unlucky. You made the decision. Yeah, that's what I mean. Was it if they said there were so many good hookers, we put their names in a hat, we drew them out, and unluckily he wasn't picked. Yeah, we rolled a dice face And I don't know that you can't. I wouldn't be able to stomach that if I was Ricky. Rick got four tries in the weekend. Yeah, and it's like, it's not luck. You made the decision. Yeah, you decided. If it was a panel of selectors and Clayton McMillan had nothing to do with it. Then I accept, oh you were unlucky. But that's like no, no, no, you you did it. Great game. So he needs to make you all black. So I need to call a game where we've got Ricky Rickettellian Is that on his birth certificate? Ricky?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 1: Because my my dad was in the army for about a decade, and obviously an army everyrun's nickname is the last name, Yeah, so everyone called him Stu Yeah, and that carried on. Most of my friends know I'm as stew genuinely. When I was about thirty years old, one of my mates, who I've known since I was four years old comes to me, He goes, is your dad's name actually ste Stewart. I was like, no, it's Warren. What do you mean stew stew And of course it's fucking not. I wonder if we'll find that out about Ricky Rickattelli. My auntie's name is Linda Linda Lane. She married mary Lynn. No, yeah, Linda Lyn, Lenda Lyne Linda Lynn. That sounds like a pop star. And then mary Lyn's brother also married a Linda and there was two, Linda Linz on the scene. It's fuck wild, that is wild. I went to school with a brother and sister whose parents had the same last name before they were married. And yes, they were from Southland. Do your own research. Let's get away from this. Let's take an air Oh no, we just took an air break. I'm just desperately trying to get out of the in allegations. So we talked yesterday about the Kiwi squad been named the Kangaroo's Squad's been named for. The Australian teams were Tong and Samour have pretty impressive teams. Also, Charles Nicol clock Stead yesterday was interviewed and they asked him about Mitch Barnett back in the Ossie team and he said, yeah, yeah, I text Mitch and I said, cogratz bro, and Mitch replied, I'm not your bro. There's so much Barney. Yeah, because you've obviously got a oh my god, very close relationship with him. Ty. I don't know if anyone's got a close relationship Mitch, but I've met him once that we interviewed him, and he is the most intimidating man I've ever been in a room with. You just didn't know if at any moment he was just going to snap and kill you. Like he's just and I know that's his personality, Like that's what he finds funny. Has just been straight, yeah and dry. And I think he's aware of how he looks, you know, like he looks like an intimidating and so I think he finds that shit funny. But I love that I'm not your bro. And for the next few weeks he's not. He's not apparently. Jerome Hughes were talking yesterday, JESU. If he's out, we're in deep, deep trouble. Apparently he should be sweet to play good. He's got a bug neck apparently, but doesn't need surgery. They've in a couple of weeks and then he should be right. This is the injury list at the end of the NFL season for going into the international window. Dylan Brown he did his ACL, so Mighty Martin's got a neck issue. Karen Foren's fifty years old, Brandon Smith did his ACL and Jeremy Marshall King's also got to bug now, so that all unavailable and they would all probably just about start. We play Ossie on October the twenty seventh in christich Ye at Apollo Stadium, and then November two we played Tongue at Go Hard Stadium. To be loose, go Hard Tongue a game, stay off the motors. Oh my god. We should start printing tongue flags now, Yeah, we should. We're gonna make I remember in that World Cup. It brought the city to its knees because they were they were stopping on the motorway and hopping out and like partying on the motorway. I got stuck behind a van that had built a wooden frame work on top of us so that it could fit more flags onto it. I legitimately saw a car with a tongue and flag over the winds full wrecky Bobby, and now we're just looking at a slit at the bottom. Yeah, that is a cultural thing. If you've ever been to the islands, they will plaster the stickers all across the wind screens, have like bobble heads and shit all across the dashboard, and all they need is just that little just a little slip. They to look through two holes for their eyes to go through. So yeah, start printing the flags now. But with all those injuries in the NRL and how grueling the season's been. It gave me an idea, and it is a Wednesday, so I thought now as good a time as any for a half baked sports idea.
Speaker 2: Half baked sports idea.
Speaker 1: I've actually got two. I'll get to the Sycon one at the end, but the and I think I've seen something similar to this, but it's popped up again at the end of this season. The NRAL season is too long. The players are complaining that it's too long. It's too grueling a sport. It's not like basketball where you could play three games in a week. You know, every year when the NRL starts up, it's like Jesus Christ, they're going to do this for how long? Thirty one weeks is how long they have to play for more than half the year. It's it's ridiculous. So I reckon we move to an NFL schedule. We're each team plays every other team once. Yeah, seventeen teams of the camp. So if you play every other team once, that's sixteen weeks. I think eight weeks into the season, stop down and we have a three week break for Origin, so you've got obviously Origin New South Wales versus Queensland. Then Kiwis, Somemore and Tonga play a tri series concurrently alongside that. Ye, so we play Tonga the first week, we play some More the next week, the third week they play each other and then it's just like a we do country of origin, they do state of Origan. Yeah that's right. Yeah, Because what's confusing me is I guess it's a tear situation. But you cannot play for the Kiwis and play origin. No, you can't play for some More or Tonga, yes and play origin. That's confusing. Well that isn't it saying with a Tier one nation.
Speaker 3: But you can't tell me Tonga is not knocking on the door of a Tier one nation.
Speaker 1: Well it is now yeah yeah, I mean you look at the squad that they've gone. They are at the gate. Yeah, so yeah, it's a strange rule. Yeah, although if they weren't allowed to play, if the Origin players weren't allowed to play for Tonga, may and someone may weaken them. But anyway, so then you've got a three week thing there. If you don't make the rep team, that's three weeks of rece which is just going to make the back end of the season so much better. And you may actually need that three week break to be a little later in the season, like it might be fifteen weeks in or something like that. But what that would mean is the whole season takes nineteen weeks and that includes a mid season international window.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you okay, So are you saying halfway through that sixteen week yeah, season, you have the stopdown yeah, okay for.
Speaker 1: Three weeks, yeah, halfway, or it might be twelve weeks in, it might be fifteen I don't know wherever, somewhere in there. And now in that you have the the goalkicking competition. You have one hundred meters sprint, which, by the way, there was all this chat about how they were going to do one hundred meter sprint this year in the NARL and they never did, so you put all that stuff in there. The other thing about it, I know they'd be against it because it's less revenue, fewer games, but it makes each game mean so much. In the NFL. The thing that's so dramatic about it is that it's only a sixteen game season, so every win and every loss dramatically changes your season. It also means with like three weeks left in the season, you can come back, whereas in the NFL, with like six weeks left in the season, there are teams who cannot make the playoffs anymore, and so they just start benching players and blah blah blah. I like it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you've had some really stupid ideas in the past. How many years you've been doing this halfback sports idea? But that's actually it is a really good one. Unfortunately, it is flawed in the fact that they'll never do less games.
Speaker 1: No, I'll only ever do more because that's what ten fewer games per team, one hundred and seventy.
Speaker 3: Few Yeah, that's one hundred opportunities for sale, advertising on a broadcast to a game.
Speaker 1: It just means so much more. I mean, yeah, well, yeah, the well I like it though.
Speaker 3: I like the stopdown, like the stop down where you can play an international window, because if you're right going through that injury list. In the NRL, players are just surviving if they can. If they can still play with a saw neck and then get it operated on in the season, they'll do it, yeah, And which means that when those internationals come, they're like, what's more important me being right for next year or playing for Kiwi's and you'd have to say it's getting right for next season because Kiwis aren't paying your mortgage.
Speaker 1: That's right, That's exactly right. And so yeah, I just think the other part is and I don't think anyone's done it, but I wouldn't be surprised if, say you've got a name. I mean, players do get risted for the odd week, you know, like towards the end of the season. The Melbourne Storm will risk players the roosters, but again that's in the season. They know they're in the top eight though they know they're that's right, so they and I think the shortened season would change that. But I don't think we're too far away from like Nathan clear are getting shut down for six weeks if they know the suite, you know. I don't think that's what's happened this year, although look back at the last sort of two three years he has missed the sixth week stretch and then come back for the last two games of the season.
Speaker 3: I guess if the well being of the players as well. Yeah, the whole CTE issue hasn't seemed to have cause the ruckus and league where maybe he should but really papering over it. Yeah, they are where it seems to be Rugby and NFL seemed to be taking put a lot of the heat on the CTE situation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, League are kind of like, yeah, like, oh look at this guy. Didn't need do some wacky ship this year. It's like, yeah, yes, he has brain as much. Of course he's doing dumb ship. Of course, he's hosting a barbecue in lockdown and then hiding under the bed with the cops show up. What do you mean because he's because he's winging in his own mouth in the airine all of course simulating X with dogs. But anyway, Yeah, that's my half bag sports idea. I think it would be so dramatic. Every week would just be this massive. It would genuinely feel when when the Warriors play, it would feel.
Speaker 3: Like the All Blacks and it'll be yeah, they're playing for their for their lives every week every week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it'll be It'll be incredible and just quickly a little bonus half bag sports idea. November Fist just like October Fist, except the November Let's go back not really it not quote, I've only just come right, I've just like I was talking to Jerry this morning.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I feel like I'm back. Yeah, my sinuses have cleared, I haven't got a cough. I'm not aching the Bavarian I think is clear of me.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, I reckon. I'm about a day away. I'm still coughing up along.
Speaker 3: Both my parents got COVID though, so I feel like I may have given them the Bavarian.
Speaker 1: The Covid Bavarian. Just quickly before we take a break, you can become the next Snacker Chani Sports Scholarship winner if you want to. And by the way, this thing that's changing lives by texting Chip to three two three six to go in the drawer to win the Ultimate acc Price pack. But I know what you're thinking, what the fuck is in it? Well, I've made a video explaining all the things that are in it, and there are a few things in there that we couldn't outright say or not, but it's obvious. But it's obvious. Basically something to wash down all those Snacker Chani's. That's right. This podcast proudly to you by expert Ultra the Beer for Here. Let's take a quick break, come back with yours please, yours.
Speaker 2: Please, brought to you by Leader Home of the.
Speaker 1: You're to get involved in the show by pressing the microphone button on the bottom right hand corner of your iHeartRadio app. Even if you don't listen on iHeartRadio, just go to the app the thing. Give us a piece of your mind, just like this caller here, yours please.
Speaker 4: Okay, cops, Jake here from Merely Station, Mid Canterbury.
Speaker 1: I'm back, gotta come clean.
Speaker 4: I grew up in North Otago in a little place called Cora. Well we do play Richard Mccaora is our own. We're going to statue of him. It's made of cardboard. Trying to raise funds for a real statue.
Speaker 1: Still has an appen.
Speaker 4: Anyway, Yo, what I'm and I you been Mid Canbury. You're South Canterbury. No name wounders, So I'll shout your cold dB this time. I see you fuck South Canbary. Except for Elliot, who loves pretty close to here.
Speaker 1: It good. That's a good little exception there. We want to piss off Eckerdia. Nah he does somewhere in the McKinsey country, which is dangerously close to to Mid Canary. So yeah, you wouldn't you really wouldn't want to. I think the quarterfinals are starting in Hutland as well this weekend as well. Yeah, everyone's a knockout stage I think. I believe so. Yeah, so I believe We've been invited down to go and to go and watch them again. It's just so hard to get to tomorrow. I've always said this. It is easier for me to get to Uppier than it is for me to get home to South Camp. It most easier to get to Dubai. Yeah, that's all of them. It's one flight. Yeah, it's to get to Tims. I got to go Auckland Wellington, two hour layover in Wellington then if the flight's not canceled, Wellington to tomorrow, and it's often canceled, so then you're just in Wellington. How long is it drives? Not too far though, if you go walk and christ you grab a jump in a car. Yeah, drives about three hours probably. Yeah. It's like when people, well people, when I tell Aucklanders, I never tell them from why Medi because I don't know where that is. I tell them I'm from South Canterbury. They're like, oh Hornby, No, that's South Krusts it. I can understand the confusion there because that's for a long long time. That's what I thought as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I thought because in North Canterbury, I thought was just north, just north of Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And it wasn't until actually, I'll be honest with you, it wasn't until my recent holiday down there that I realized how big region is and the fact that you've got Mid Canterbury, Canterbury, Mid Cannibury, North Canby, South Canterbury. And we spent our whole time in South Canterbury and we were driving two hours at a time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, two three hours at a time. We still had to live South Caniburry and you don't see a person for an hour. Yeah it is. Well, yesterday we were superimposing the New Zealand Matt. We found this website. We can drag it over other places because we always feel like we're this tiny little country. I come off the back of the Mega mine down there in Maracopo. Who's there was a sighting of her and the top comment was like, New Zealand's a small country. How come we can't find them? I don't know, we're not we have a small population. But the South Island is the size of the entire UK. We are bigger than Japan yeap land wise, we are the length of the eastern seaboard of the United States. Sit. Yeah, so it has We are not a small country, just not a lot of US. And South Canada sorry not South can Canterbury is like the wider Canary is half of the South Island. It's basically the entirety of Scotland plus plus more. Yeah. So, yeah, there's a big basard of it. And like that drive from christ Schuster tomorrow, Oh jeez, that is just straight and boring. Yeah, I reckon. There's a lot of crashes on the one corner that there is. Yeah, well, I reckon. The majority of the speeding that happens in this country happens on mid Canterbury roads because they are all dead straight. Yes, and so it's just like, oh, let's see how fast the care sportage can go. See if we can get this thing off this spot. Is that the car of choice? No, that was the car that we drove around Omar. It's just the first one the car. No, no, no. Most of the farmers down there will have a like a either a malou you know those v eight Holden uts. Oh yeah, bright green ones. Or they'll have an old Kingswood or something in the in the garage and when they get the opportunity, they will open the taps on their basket somewhere around MD Canbury. But anyway, go well, mid Camp. I presume they're not in the quarterfinals. Mid Canterbury, terrible part of the country. Can't imagine they're produce any good rugby players. So and good to hear that that guy made it out of kuro and all the way to ealing station. So shout out to Jake. Let's knock this thing on the hedge for today tomorrow. Matt Heath has agreed to come back onto the podcast. Well we haven't lost him forever.
Speaker 3: No, and he will use this as an outlet, yes, because I can tell that he's he's chomping at the on z B and even rang me this morning and he he rattled off some horrific comments and I said, are you bringing me just to get these off your chest so you don't say it on any Yoh fuck, Yeah, there's the only reason I'm bringing you. As I say it to you and then I feel like I've said it.
Speaker 1: Oh well, he can say it on the podcast, and that's his one outlet. All Right, We'll not sing on the head. We'll see you tomorrow with Matt Hey for a Thursday episode of the Gender Podcast You've been listening to.
Speaker 2: The ACC's a gender podcast brought to you by Export Ultra. For more episodes, like and follow on iHeartRadio you get your podcasts