Speaker 1: Live from the Export Beer Garden Studio and brought to you was always by Export Ultra the beer for here. This is the Agenda Podcast for Wednesday, the twenty third of October.
Speaker 2: The Agenda Podcast, the home of Sporting Nonsense and clap Trap, brought to you by Export Vulture.
Speaker 3: Morning, Matt Heath, Morning, when I stew it, Sorry I'm late, Not that that makes any difference to podcast listeners, but to you with you sitting here.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm vaping. I'm vaping away furiously over the side here.
Speaker 3: Vaping in the studio is the new Not vaping in the studio, It's new smoking in the studio. Does I mean I'm vaping up a storm up at news talks?
Speaker 4: He'd be.
Speaker 1: And it just feels good. It feels like what's that movie with Laddy? Yeah, you know.
Speaker 5: Thank you and good night with good looking man what's his name?
Speaker 1: Anyway, it's about the reporter and everyone's smoking in the studio, the studios.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like so they producers.
Speaker 3: Smoking, like Adam willd be smoking over everyone on TV smoking, the cameraman smoking.
Speaker 5: Why did we stop there? I think it was the lung cancer. Yeah, I think about it.
Speaker 1: But everything looked better because you know they release a smoke machine on TV shows.
Speaker 4: Yees.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like you'll have noticed in Game of two Halves they're pumping that stuff out because you need to have that smoke in the air for the lights to work and everything to look good. Well, we was we should just put a bit of nicotine in the old and the old smoke machine, and then just we'd have the most chilled episode of Game and two halves of all the time. Five taps on the bottom of this. For some reason, someone send us a bunch of vapes. I think we must have talked about it on a podcast or something, and then someone sent us a million vapes. And now I was like, well, can you vape in the studio? You've you've tested it up there and Hosking. That comes in quite strong, that one you've tested it up there in the old Hosking studio.
Speaker 5: Yeah. He hadn't mentioned anything about it, No, he hasn't.
Speaker 3: He's mentioned a lot about the crumbs and food I leave lying around, but nothing about the vaping. I think it's sort of well, you've got to go through here to do plas Allen before it gets to and then a night show before it gets to Hosking. So of course that so the air conditioning deals with Tyler's rampant vaping. It was the first thing that my co host Tyler asked, he us, how do you feel about vaping in the studio?
Speaker 5: And I said, I feel very good about it? Great? Great, Sybarnet wasn't into it.
Speaker 1: So you talked to did Jerry get you on the former Matt and Jerry show last week? Talk about iffing with m H Yeah, yeah, he did.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm the mate as well, this is my costing So when they first when they first pitched that to me, I was like, well, are you guys coming from me?
Speaker 5: But you're concerned about a double cross? Yeah.
Speaker 3: And also so their idea was that every every morning I somehow vandalized the studio. Yeah, to sort of do a little bit of active terrorism, maybe move remove the ink from the printer, yeah, or run the dice and flat, Yeah, run the diceon flat, or take a screw out of his chair or something like that.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: But then what they don't understand is this isn't my costing studio, this is now mad Heath Studio. So at that point you are yeah, you're just vandalizing your net, but I will still do it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, have you have you had a shot at anything yet?
Speaker 1: Or are just my general pigginess has been causing problems up there.
Speaker 3: There's a very different attitude, Like Hanaki's just sort of like a student flat big time. There's just crap everywhere and it's sort of a family vibe. So I sort of took that feed up on the desk. Yea food on the floor, Yeah, vaping in the studio, yeah, drinking on that kind of vibe to upstairs, and it's.
Speaker 5: It's just very different. It's very different. Yeah, well they need a bit of that, maybe a little bit of culture.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like to explain that the studio set up in the Hadaki studio, there's like a vent in the ceiling is there are most offices, and in there is confetti from a boat giveaway we did like five years ago. Yeah, Jackie flew a load early. Yes, it hadn't even been announced who won the boat, and she fired off right up into the vent and it's straight out of the vent and no one's being able to get on a chair to get it down. No, I mean been able to do bother No one said time, that's right, No, one's had time to pull the confiti.
Speaker 5: Out of the event so that we could successfully errate the room.
Speaker 1: Stuff goes into that studio just never comes out again. There's the cannabis Christmas tree that's going to since before I started, it was a night of the Realm that was there for about five years to see some promotion for some movie. It was like a full night on a mannekin after the Crusades. It's just people come and what do you say with that? We're like, what's it for?
Speaker 5: I don't know. It was just it was part of a promotion. Who's going to clean it? Yes?
Speaker 4: We are?
Speaker 5: You gonna put it? Yeah? Exactly.
Speaker 1: We had like a cleaning session out of our b studio here at the ACC and there's just stuff coming out of there that we're like, when the fuck did that? Remember when there was a brewery that sponsored the buttholes of the Tartanaki team, Yeah, they sent us a bunch of the shorts there. We just found those. It's like, God, what are we going to do with that? Incinerate that shit? Outside of the what's been firing up Mike Hosking on ZIB what's been firing up the listeners?
Speaker 5: On ZIB this week.
Speaker 1: Yesterday we talked a lot about buying New Zealand beef over Australian beef. Oh yeah, And I always try and change into stuff I'm interested in, such as barbecue chat. So then then I sort of turned out into you know, the best temperature to you know, serve up and I fill it bearing in mind that your kids don't want a full car accident on the table, so you have to sort of go a bit medium rare for kids. Yeah, you can't be the big swinging deck with the full rear meat.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 1: And I try not to judge other people for how they want this steak because that's how they want it, So I'm going to leave it to them. But we've got my own laws are up with us over the weekend and they brought up a bunch of homekill meat.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and so we've got these beautiful steaks.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 5: But my messus loves it like real well done.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I'm like, you kind you can't kind of yeah, you're kind of destroying something quite amazing.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 1: But then I'm like, well, if that's how he likes it, yeah, who am I Yeah, exactly grew up on.
Speaker 5: A dairy farm.
Speaker 3: So she's in a million states, but alsudd, there's no one better than someone that just tries to have it as rare as possible just to prove that they are hard men, and they basically I mean one of the most embarrassing things ever went out for dinner with the mate's dad and he was like, he said. The waitress said, how do you like and it goes, cut its horns off, wipe it sas, and put it on the plate.
Speaker 5: And she was like what.
Speaker 3: He goes, cut it's fucking horns off, wipe its us and put it on the plate.
Speaker 5: She goes, how do you want your steak? And he goes rare? But it was like, you know, the big man, how re you can you have it?
Speaker 1: Do you really do you really want them just to cut the horns off, wipe itsas and put it on your plate. Some day someone's going to do that to you and you're gonna have a full carcass on your plate. Yeahs are still in there. How are you going to deal with it? Al So, why the horns off? Who cares about the horns at that point? But still got the hoofs on? Who cares about the horns? Probably doesn't have the horns anyway, so yeah, what are you gonna do with the horns?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I know exactly what you man.
Speaker 1: This is the guy makes a show of I also think he just wanted to get that joke off.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well you could tell you want to get their joke off because he was staring at me when he did it, like it's not at her, So it was like he was waiting to pull the trigger on the unfunny joke.
Speaker 5: He's like, Man, have I got some shit on more material like this? All evening? Yeah.
Speaker 1: The Allbacks team list came out after we recorded the podcast yesterday. I don't know if you went through it with the listeners yesterday. Did you talk about that on your show? You had a bit of a look at it. Yeah, any anything stands out, Camerooid's back, Yeah, I like that. That's burg potential debuts for Peter Lucky. I've got the team list on the back sheet there and there's nothing really because we're playing Japan. Yeah, you know, so, I don't. I can't see it being an upset. It's interesting.
Speaker 3: You got Sam Kaine, his vice captain, working his way back up to captain before he leaves and I see Patrick two is the captain, so I'm just he's great. Patrick to ap a lot to be back, great man.
Speaker 1: And then Billy Proctor gets to start at center. Potential debuts for Peter Luckeye and Rubin Love, who I think two of the future stars of the All Blacks, particularly Reuben Love and Peter Luke has had a brutal Super Rugby season in terms of a brutal ball runner and tough to bring down. We're gonna have one of his teammates on the podcast later on the show as well, Brad Shields joining us.
Speaker 3: What TJ perrenar he won't be going on a holiday after n bro Oh he might, It's O no, he will because everyone everyone deserves a holiday.
Speaker 5: Yeah, everyone's on holiday.
Speaker 1: That's what he told me when I when we flew down to Dunedin and we're on the flight, was when they played England. We were on the flight with the English boys and they were booking villas in Bali and so when I saw I saw it.
Speaker 3: We heard them making stock investments and talking about stock taps and booking holidays.
Speaker 1: Yeah you heard that Intel. I was standing right beside them as we were boarding the plane show.
Speaker 3: You said to me, then at their very point, they're gonna lose if this is where their heads are. Yeah, they're on holiday and they're working out, working on their stock portfolio.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they checked out. That was a long tour for them. This is the end of it. And then I saw T J. Peter and walking up the street actually with Reuben Love, and I said, I was on the same flight as the English team and they already checked out. Mate, They're booking holidays in Bali, they're checking their portfolios. You guys are going to give them a hiding. And he goes, well, you know, athletes are all out holidays too.
Speaker 5: Everyone's out a holiday, bro, you're allowed holiday too.
Speaker 1: And I was like, and you're like, it's just you're just trying to engage in a little bit of friendly to say that you support the team.
Speaker 5: You're not really questioning their right to have a holiday.
Speaker 1: What I think it was was he's probably been punished about fifteen times and down George Street, down George Streets, left one more fucking You're the first.
Speaker 3: Guy in a row that's come on with a quip. Yeah, the next guy I see it just wop its horns off. And wipe its ass and put it on my plate mape. Everyone had their quip up and down the road. Yeah, and then he's like really, and then four of us standing out sort of a pie shot with mental over our faces desperately you come up with a ry aside.
Speaker 5: As he walks past, he's like that was one too many.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because he's important to us, because we've spent so much of our life watching him.
Speaker 5: Every little word hurts.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: That isn't just thanks man, Yeah, cheers for your support. That's anything less than that hurts us because we want to be able to go, hey, talk to he was awesome. That's all we want to do. That's all we want. I'm not over it, es Quirklan, now that we were so hungover Jess quirk clear before we do go to brand shields and I just put a suppository in.
Speaker 5: Oh you had to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you'd actually put one in Julane and you put one on me, one in Gulane. So we were hurting. He didn't need one.
Speaker 5: Wow, he always needs one, he just wasn't using them. That's a good point.
Speaker 1: Just quick clear the common off games. So they're going to burn about because they weren't going to do it, right, Yeah, no one. They couldn't find anyone to host it.
Speaker 3: Is it just the sad diminishing, you know, inning, you know, not burning out, fading away?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is, I think it is. It's fluttering out. And I think that well, they're going to take ten sports out of it to try and make it a bit more fundable, you know. Yeah, but so that includes seven's hockey squash, all the stuff that we were met with, all the stuff we hear about. Yeah, that's right. So yeah, I don't know, but at least they can go ahead. I can see Brad Shields in the waiting room of the zoom link here, So we're going to take a quick break.
Speaker 5: And we'll come back with Brad Shields is connecting shields connected to audio. Shields is connected to audio. Good morning, can you hear us?
Speaker 4: Morning?
Speaker 5: Hey mate?
Speaker 4: How are.
Speaker 5: There we are?
Speaker 1: How's it all going, Matte? Yeah, story very well, thank you. We've just found a pack of vapes of the studio.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we got seen a pack of I guess expired vapes from someone.
Speaker 5: So you know, we're doing a bit for the kids.
Speaker 1: Expired vapes expired both So yeah, so if the if the fire alarm goes off. It's just that we've been vaping in the studio. There's no there's no there's no vaping in the team. Is there a head of a big final.
Speaker 6: Maybe you can maybe you can send some of those expired ones our way thunder.
Speaker 5: A big pack pamp of expired bapes to celebrate with.
Speaker 1: Kevin Proctor was vaping at halftime of a Gold Coast Titans game.
Speaker 4: And he had all there.
Speaker 5: He got his contracting up. This was a couple of years ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a bad luck when your team's getting absolutely humped and then you're at halftime the sport you.
Speaker 3: Can you know they were smoking full enlog you know, nlog votes. They're on the darts for a long time in cricket, wren't they Yeah, because you don't need the full lung power that you guys need.
Speaker 4: Nah.
Speaker 6: Well yeah, but there's always there's that myth around a few players, high profile players that were full time smokers.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I don't know you.
Speaker 3: I shared that with Jerry Collins out out the front of an Irish bar in Wellington one.
Speaker 5: Day, Is that right? Yeah?
Speaker 3: His bicyp was bigger than my TITLESO.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it wasn't at halftime of a game though, No, this was off season, but you did.
Speaker 4: You did.
Speaker 1: Used to hear stories about like guys at halftime of a game to prip and a dart on the sideline.
Speaker 5: I don't know how true it was.
Speaker 6: Well, I don't know if that back in my I don't know if you know well anything very well my folks vally days.
Speaker 4: I know that I don't called rugby.
Speaker 6: But there was like more of a pint an mode on the sideline, ready to go on the field.
Speaker 3: Well, as long as you've done the prep, like a data halftime is not going to affect your overall prep. I was talking to Dame Lisa Carington about this and she said, it doesn't matter if you have a bad sleep the night before the you know that you know the big or a big race or the big game. As long as you prep up to that point, it's been fine. So you know the dice has already been rolled by the time you're at halftime.
Speaker 1: Yeah, did you say anything about smoking darts before going out to the Olympics. Mister Arrington is not on the darts. I couldn't confirm that much. Neither is Brad sheels. But you are playing in the n PC final we calling it a Grand final this weekend against Plenty home final as well. You guys beat them a few weeks ago though, Does that factor into it? Do you think about that going into a final?
Speaker 6: Well, she's the skin of our teeth, you know.
Speaker 4: Was it Golden Point or whatever it was? Yeah, there we got them. So that was a pretty close game. And they're they're pretty.
Speaker 6: Good, like they're on fire at the moment without being you know to rugby and rugby cliche and all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 4: They're they're not too bad.
Speaker 6: And obviously old Richard what used to be uh, you know, Wallington's thought.
Speaker 4: So it'll be an interesting sort of match up.
Speaker 1: The question I had about a couple of weeks ago when all the all black squad got released back out into the regions and then we saw I don't know if you call them upsets, but like there were a few really short favorites that got tipped up that week.
Speaker 5: Is it disruptive.
Speaker 1: To have those dudes coming in and out of squads all the time, and is it a little bit like because there were some teams that didn't have guys for most of the season and all of a sudden they get like pumped up for just the semi finals or quarterfinals.
Speaker 5: Is it a little bit yeah, upset rhythm a bit.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I can I can see where from like Bad Plants probably one of those teams who haven't had much change throughout the whole season, Like they had their storm week early on and sort of had the similar theme most weeks. But it was a huge positive for us, And yesterday on one of the radio shows, like having those guys just in their environment for the week creates that sort of level of intent that you need and like maybe they'll maybe we're slightly off a little bit, and those guys just bringing their presence, their knowledge, their experiences coming in for a few days, and you know, we had a couple of injuries at that time, so you know, kind of just timing is everything, and the time for us for them to come in and import was was really good. And you know, their leadership obviously helps and so the cality, you know, look at the stuff. One more, he was like one of the best games I've ever seen him playing a oneing in Jersey.
Speaker 4: So I will take that any day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I suppose, particularly if there's a guy in your position you just really want to be up and about when he's back from the Oh yeah, he's been in the black jersey a bit.
Speaker 5: We'll fucking check this out.
Speaker 6: I'll tell you what though, You know what it's like professional thoughts these days, It's like you could be one minute, you could be in and out, and I think boys just realize that's all part of it, you know.
Speaker 4: If you're winning games, that's the end of the day, that's the main thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: Do you agree with I don't know if you saw Barnsy was saying that the All Blacks Test should have been pushed back a week and that all of those boys should have still been around for the for the final.
Speaker 5: Do you do you agree with that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I totally agree with it.
Speaker 6: And like if I remember growing up watching Wellington, if I remember correctly going to watch Wellington, all the All Blacks are playing most weeks, you know, and it kind of just situated itself at the back end of the season. It actually was the end of year tour, so I can see it. But you know, the Rugby Championship and all of that, But there is a good chunk of window that we could just you know, finish the season off the plus four or five games or six games sort of thing with all the all blacks scattered across the unions, and I think that the will you know, boosted some of the teams, but also benefit the community as well and inspiration for young kids and fans and bums on seats and all that sort of stuff. So I totally agree with Buns in that sort of tense.
Speaker 3: It doesn't seem to be the way they do things though. No, No, they don't look that way. They don't think about that. They don't look at the holistic picture, do they. They're just like, we've got to be in Japan.
Speaker 5: We're out.
Speaker 6: Yeah, as Japan opens up their wallet.
Speaker 4: And.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that might be a big part of it. Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: Something I wanted to address with you is that we on this podcast have actually had a really terrible run of late. Every player that has come on the podcast in the last sort of three months has lost the next game after they've come.
Speaker 5: On the show.
Speaker 1: Probably should told you last time you came on was ahead of the Shield Challenge.
Speaker 5: I presume you weren't aware of this potential curse before we agreed to come on this on the Meden video game curse.
Speaker 4: I can't find the hang up button.
Speaker 3: Wow, these things are made to be broken, you know. It's like the cake tin curse. At some point they've got to be broken. They can't continue on, and so you're you're amen to break it.
Speaker 1: And the other part of it is as if there is a lost people like to just hang it on us.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You know, anything we've done our listenership is very cruel. Anything that we've done in the last week is somehow becomes a curse. If one of us has had a car accident, it's the curse of the dingle.
Speaker 4: I'll make a deal with you.
Speaker 6: If it doesn't go away, well fingers crossed in the weekend, you've got to ring me on Sunday and we've got to have another chair and then I get.
Speaker 4: To blame you on it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, perfect, We'll be definitely looking to do that. Yeah, we're all about accountability here. Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: Does anything change going into a final week from the from the rest of the season for you guys.
Speaker 6: We sort of talked earlier in the week, like I suppose the occasion changes a little bit, and not many guys would have played you a final.
Speaker 4: At this level, and we.
Speaker 6: Sort of said, like, it's interesting because there's a lot of guys who you know, win World Cups and all that sort of stuff, who sometimes don't even get to playing an NBC final, win an NBC championship.
Speaker 4: So it's quite a cool little thing.
Speaker 6: And there's a there's a special bond you've got with your union and your franchise, sorry, your union and your province. So I think it's different in that sense. In terms of rugby, maybe we do a little bit less. Maybe it's more quality over quantity sort of thing. You've done all the work through the year, and then I think obviously outside of rugby there's a few more people asking for tickets and all that to get that ticked off during the week. But look, rugby stays the same and boys are in a pretty good place, so we're we're pretty excited.
Speaker 1: Did I see in the second half of the last game, did you give the boys a bit of a I wouldn't say a spray, but did you give them a bit of a hurry up or something in the second half.
Speaker 6: I'll probably I kind of dip in it out of being real grumpy days. I think I've taken over from Colby and Thrushy from when he was there. If I give us spray, I'll be pretty quick.
Speaker 4: Sorry, boys, just in the moment there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, it wouldn't prize me.
Speaker 4: What's accountability?
Speaker 3: Accountability? As I said, we're big on there here. When I gave me a spray just before vaping in the studio.
Speaker 5: And now we're both done it. That's the way I've apologizing.
Speaker 3: Is there anything around organizing anything post game?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Is there any who doo on that? If you know you can't book the restaurant, you can't you can't discuss the party in advance, because that's getting ahead of yourself.
Speaker 4: I think.
Speaker 6: Most Yeah, usually a couple of injury boys that get lumped with the sort of responsibility.
Speaker 4: This year, we've kind of had a few different plans.
Speaker 6: But look, the more experienced you other than where you can partmentalize that sort of stuff. And the good thing about being in a final is that it's inevitable it's going to be on after the games, so yeah, well it's going to be there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you know in a good time, one time of the day to you know, leave until good evening.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: We had you're not finishing up at like ten thirty at night kind of situation. We had Maddy Exton's on the show, Yes sir, and he's the canon of the Swamp Foxes. So they just won hard and he was saying that exact thing. It is just like a couple of the boys had to like ring around and make a couple of reservations.
Speaker 5: But they're like, well, look, we might be a on Saturday night. We may or may not be.
Speaker 3: We may not there may or may not be fifty five dudes coming in hot.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Good thing is you just need a win. Win. Then everyone's like, oh come on yeah yeah yeah, if.
Speaker 5: You will, yeah, they'll kick everyone out. They'll kick the PM.
Speaker 1: Out Luxe and that's right what bar and Tim is not going to let them in. Yeah, the whole the whole waterfront will be down there in Wellington, will be clamoring to have you guys in there.
Speaker 4: One.
Speaker 6: I think it's the am I right, and saying it's a public holiday Monday as well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, Labor Day, so yeah, set up.
Speaker 4: For you should a good day. Yeah, we're not.
Speaker 6: We always get kicked out real early on Sunday and like suns get home. So we're like, oh, we're just getting started, but we got to get out of here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you've got a good landing strip.
Speaker 1: That's another good point because those Heartland boys, they all had to go back to work on Monday, had a big.
Speaker 5: Sunday and then turn up on Monday.
Speaker 1: We had a guy call into the podcast yesterday and he said he had the inside oil that Hecker Elliott had been called up from the South Canterbury squad into the Wellington squad.
Speaker 5: Have you seen him around the traps? Can you confirm or deny that?
Speaker 6: I can't confirm nor can I deny, But there's well, we're seeing a bit of a Prince staint. Coles turned the opportunity down to come back and play. We're trying to figure out what we're going to do for the back end of the the back end of the season or the back end of the week, so we're kind of going through that at the moment. But you know, obviously he's still playing, so whether he's on the radar or not, we'll we'll see what happens an.
Speaker 5: We'll find out.
Speaker 1: We'll find out when you run out onto the park on Saturday's brilliant well go well mate, and thank you very much for joining the show again and with any luck breaking the curse of the Agenda podcast.
Speaker 6: If there's anything I'm taking out of the main thing I want to get this weekend is to break their case.
Speaker 5: Thank you so much, man, We really appreciate it. When all those would love to talk to you on on the.
Speaker 1: Tuesday, one of those will be on the Boost when all those we certainly will be on the Burst.
Speaker 4: Lovely. Yeah, I think I think that'll be our team as well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, cheers back boy, good one. I'm in an interesting situation.
Speaker 3: I'll be like, because it's the game one of the world series Dodgers Yankee from one, so I'll be running a double screen situation with the Wellington plenty.
Speaker 5: How do you run the double screen? You go the lappie and then into.
Speaker 3: The I've got the capability on my computer. I mean, I'm on my on my my TV year powerful.
Speaker 1: All right, let's take a quick break and when we come back of yours please.
Speaker 2: Yours brought you by Leader Comb of the lasn Top.
Speaker 1: But I wasn't the vapors kicking My ass was quite strong, isn't it. Yeah, Yeah, they've got a high percentage. I think it's two percent, so we go only rocking two percent. Hey, can you indulge me just a little bit, just like, just give me two minutes of Dodgers chetes, please please, This is huge first science since nine ninety one. Yankees Dodgers World Series MLB is just on fire because it's the two biggest population centers going head to hear, two iconic teams.
Speaker 5: And you know they're both originally from New York.
Speaker 3: Actually, the Dodgers, the Brooklyn Dodgers, the Brooklyn Trolley Dodgers were actually in New York before the Yankees were there, right, And the first time they played was in nineteen thirteen.
Speaker 5: Oh the history, Yeah, the history.
Speaker 3: They've played eleven times in the World Series. Since then, the Yankees have won eight times. Yeah, Dodger's got no pitching, which is an interesting, interesting situation going forward. In fact, if you're interested, and I know people are thinking right now, I'm not interested. But at Medheath dot Substack dot dot com on Friday, I'm releasing the full History of the Dodges. I've written a two and a half thousand word piece on on my beloved Dodgers and their history with the Yankees.
Speaker 1: And the Dodgers have Otani, right, yeah, yeah, ye, show how Atani seven hundred million dollars, well spent.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 1: I saw an interesting video about Otani. It was so obviously he has a translator. In every interview he does is through a translator. And last year his last translator that said the jail for ever the start of the seio. But show Hey, he shug it off. Yes, that's right, and so now I stole fourteen million dollars from him. It didn't even stop smiling. It didn't even stop smiling. But he got a new translator, and every interview he's got the translator. I saw a video of him behind the scenes talking to a couple of a couple of a couple of smoke shows who had made their way backstage all of a sudden, no translator.
Speaker 3: That's the interesting thing about show How a Tani because also there's some other footage that's come out when because you know, they put the ski goggles on when they win when they win like a series, so they don't get alcohol in their eyes, and then they spray each other with booze and they get absolutely steamed. And show Hay was so steamed and seem to be able to talk fluent English about people not drinking. He's really good at peer pressure. He's got all the language of peer pressure on people not drinking enough postgame win. So it's one of those interesting things. He can speak English, but he needs to be drunk to do it very selectively. But that's a great situation to be in it because he stands and smiles and he's a good looking fellow.
Speaker 5: He's huge, he's amazing. The whole world loves them.
Speaker 3: When you watch a Dodger's game now they have when he's batting, is always on the screen. So if as at bats and four, it goes show how or Tony in four? Really because because people are just there, there's a huge the whole of Japan's following the Dodgers.
Speaker 1: Now he's got this press corps around him, you know, so he can talk, you know to the Japanese press, say what every once never comes back.
Speaker 3: But he can just stand there with a smile in his face. Takes so long for him to answer a question, no questions curly, yeah, because he's got a long time to answer. Plus has who knows what he said to is what he said to his translator, But whatever comes out of his translator's mouth is such perfect Yeah, kicking things to touch baseball cliche.
Speaker 5: So the translator is essentially as PR person.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, and sometimes his PR person will steal fourteen million from him.
Speaker 5: Sometimes he won't.
Speaker 3: You wins amulas, but that becomes your best friend. You know, he's got he's got a moto on the team as well. Who's who's a picture for the Dodgers? Fantastic? You know, he's much better. He's been much better in the postseason. Yeah, and he was in the regular season. But so their mates. Who's who's the Yankees got. Who's their big name that people would recognize anyone?
Speaker 4: Judge?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yep.
Speaker 3: So that's an interesting match up. But it's a funny thing. If you follow baseball, you follow you know, the World Series is when the American League and the National League come together. So if you're a National League guy like me, the Dodgers, you only know the National League players up until that point, and then the yank Yankees come up as a sort of terrifying you know, It's like when you first played South Africa after a year and you go, who are these guys?
Speaker 1: You know or an inter school high school. You've only heard stories of rumors of this. Know, yeah, this is guys you heard about.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's right. And then you see him and he's about five to one.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: So you're really bone up on the team. I mean because you played the same teams over and again and in a year of baseball, so you know that you hate the Padres, absolutely hate the Padres, and you know everything about them because you've played them so much throughout the regular season.
Speaker 1: And then you've got this unknown and a great matchup for hats, the l A hat.
Speaker 5: You've got one on.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: I feel like every man in New Zealand owns a Yankees.
Speaker 5: Hat or Dodger's hat, whether they know it or not.
Speaker 3: The percentage of LA Dodgers hats around compared to the percentage of Dodgers fans, Oh, it must be one in a thousand.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've got a Dodgers had a wardrobe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, those big American franchises. I'm actually right about it in my article about how American sports crack, and that's they're on every corner and you've got the NBA on the corner trying to steal. Yeah, you got the MLB, you've got the NFL just flashing in. We've got a guy that's got basically on hockey heroin here at the ACC Joe Jury. And the stupid thing about it is, I don't live in la I have no contection of the connection to the team except for once saw them playing the Rockies in Colorado and fell in love with the game about twelve years ago. And then when you get into American export, there's so much of it. You know, one hundred you can play one hundred and eighty four games in a season if you get right through and win the World Series. That's a lot. That's an everyday habit. Yeah, so it's and they're coming for us. It's fan That's why, you know, talking to Brad Shields before Rugby Union needs to do you know, New Zealand Rugby needs to do things like pump up the NPC by like getting the big names into into the final because because you've got you've got people selling, you're selling those guys.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 3: American sports crack, yeah, you know, and the cracks on every corner.
Speaker 1: And they change rules mid season just to make the game as interesting as possible to work.
Speaker 4: Watch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I mean they increase the size of the bags in baseball, so what so it makes stealing bases just a little bit easier. They do little they do things like them bags, you know, like on the plates. Oh right right, yeah, so it's yeah, so it's easier and more fun to watch. Yeah, and you know they brought in the pitching clock. They're always doing things because because there are big, multi billion dollar companies that have people that want to make money.
Speaker 1: Whereas rugby is just like, no, that's not how you play it. No, we got to go to Japan now, could you leave it for a week?
Speaker 5: Yeah no, no really, but but we as fans when to watch it. Well, if you like it, if you love the team, then you will watch anyways.
Speaker 1: Maybe you know this is yours place, it's your chance to get involved in the show.
Speaker 5: First call of yours.
Speaker 2: Please, Giddo fellas from me to tell you how to do your job or run your business.
Speaker 4: Commentary.
Speaker 5: This sounds a lot like it is.
Speaker 4: Look at doing something like that.
Speaker 1: It's been a while, Yeah, just just wondering what's what's to go there?
Speaker 4: Gonna do the AB's game this weekend?
Speaker 3: No, Yeah, it's such a it's interesting the alternative commentary Clickliff because say, for example, at that football if are the auklingdift Ce game not commentating it but racking it up in the crowd. Yes, so you don't see Nesbo when he's not rosted on trying to pull down the scaffolding at Mount Smart Stadium, jumping up and down and letting off flares getting out with Fox South Kennibury did and yelled but I no, you.
Speaker 5: Don't, and that's why we're replacing them.
Speaker 1: But well, I have been asked a lot of this, so particularly it was around that Indian Test, Yeah, that we just won, and.
Speaker 5: That was Gentleman's hours to commentate it as well.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 1: The reason is whenever we're not commentating one we generally own, they do the home games, and that is because we can't afford the rights to the away games.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we will commentate.
Speaker 3: I mean if there's anything that the ACC's provenent of the years will commentate anything, we're allowed to commentate.
Speaker 5: Yes, that's right. We've commentated some.
Speaker 1: I mean snowboarding, Yes, I commentated a fucking snowboarding competition. While Lane flew himself back to Auckland to commentate the warriors that we will commentate anything. I think we're commentating chasing the fox. We commentated a ping pong tournament the other day. Yeah, so it's not that well.
Speaker 5: I sometimes get off a plane and ask Lane, what are we commentating? Yeah?
Speaker 1: And then and then I go we have been to get on Wikipedia work out things about the sport.
Speaker 5: How scared? What is it? Polo? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Water polo or horse polo? Started this year we commentated the World Money Champs. You know, it's where we are willing the commentator yachting. I think the biggest problem is when it comes to TV and radio commentaries, we have to scavenge off the live feed that Sky or t Vinz or whoever gets.
Speaker 3: So they have to be willing to put one person on pressing a button to cross to us. And then generally speaking, they're not willing to do that. They're not, so I hate it.
Speaker 1: The way the ACC works is you know in those countries where there'll be you know, a power line going down the main street and some dood will just attach his line to it and then run his power off it. That's how we work. We're that dude. And when it comes from overseas, it's very hard for us to do that.
Speaker 3: We're patching an a legal cable on if you see us, that means we're breaking the law to be there for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Look, I reckon, We just we'll park it there. We'll knock this thing on the edge.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Half all episode of the Agenda podcast today.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and just once again to plug my own ass. Yeah, if you want to be punished with Dodger's shack of that great history of the Yankees, Dodgers and my comparison between American sports and crack what medheath atmetheath dot substack dot com For.
Speaker 5: Those of us who can't read. Is there an audio? Yeah, it's video.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of video, and it's an audio version as well. But the thing is that's really got to happen. A we've you know, NRL does it they think about the product. Oh yeah, we've got to start. We've got to take the serious threat of American sports in this country and we've got to we've got to we've got to sort our crap out. I know a lot of people didn't watch much of the npcn I'd actually throw myself into that as well. But it has been tremendous this year, high scoring as well. Yeah, in the Heartland, the over under every game we said this yesterday was over fifty points. So if you tuned into a Heartland game, you were going to watch fifty to sixty points be scored. And it's the same in n PC. All of the games that Wellington have been winning up into this final have been I've been scoring thirty five forty points in each of them. We have got it's a good product. It's a good product. We're just rugbied out. Yeah, well, it just needs to be organized. Yeah, so things mean something. It's right there, and it can be fixed.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean you look at the Warriors exactly, and also look what Auckland C's doing exactly.
Speaker 5: They don't even exist, they.
Speaker 1: Don't even exist, and they were already delivering the full US sports experience exactly. So yeah, it can be fixed. And that's why we're asking for your vote in the upcoming election of the a SEC. Anyway, All right, let's look this thing on it all right then? Okay, you seem busy.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to the ACC's Agender podcast, brought to you by Export Ultra. For more episodes like and follow on iHeartRadio. You get your podcasts