Speaker 1: You're listening to the Marcus Lush Nights podcast from News Talks at b.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 3: Am I back in the hot seat tonight, Marcus through till twelve. On this Tuesday, the second day of the school holidays, We've got the cyclone that is now called tam It's coming our way at the top of the North Island tomorrow evening. That's the timeframe I'm going for. So that's going to be eventful by the looks of things. And by the way too, there have been wet easters before. There has been some disastrous easters in the past. Part of me feels because you know how they are all these people and they have done that hack where they've taken all those days off and they've got twelve days for three days off. Those are the people that have combined Easter with Antic weekend. And when I say combining Easter, they've taken off Easter Friday. But we all know very well to be heading to the Airbnb midday Thursday. So that's Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday Sunday, and so they'll be cocker hope because they've got four days leave and they've got all those days. However, and there's this part of me that is part of me feels quite part of me feels quite happy about this in a bad way. But it seems as though it's going to be very, very wet, and some of those people will be regretting they're turning four days leave into twelve days because I'll be stuck at home playing risk with the kids, because you won't be able to go out of the tent because it'll be bucketing down. Could last for a week, could last for five days, who knows. So yeah, it's all very well looking ahead and think, oh well, I'm going to do that heck and plan that long holiday. But then you see the weather and you haven't got that flexibility, have you. Ah? I see already the air show in Marlborough has canceled. They know it's too wet for the planes to take off and and for the fog and to see them. So yeah, it's gonna be funny on easther I'm still sticking with my plan. It's just the four days off. I'll tell you about that once I've done it. But anyway, whether the rest of the family comes along, I'm not so certain, but eight hundred and eighty Teddy and nine two known, probably four things I want to broach brooch brooch today, So yeah, I'll keep you updated with Well, there's probably four topics. Firstly, too, I told you this last night, but SkyTV have switched to the brand new satellite, which I think is incredibly exciting. We're on that old satellite forever and they've switched to the new satellite because the old satellite was falling to Earth. So in the early hours of this morning, they've switched to the brand new satellite US and bluff. I've got a giant dish. We needed it because we're in the extremities. So I'm curious to know how it went for you. Is your Sky or right, let us know if you've got problems, let us know how the changeover was. I think what you're supposed to do is turn your set on and off the white box, the black box, whatever box turned those off and see what happens. That's the situation. But they're saying this huge relief skys is a small number of black and white box customers might need to reboot their machines, turn off of the wallweight for ten seconds. But D two. The Wobbly D two is Gomburger and now they're on a Korea set Korea Set six satellite switched on about four point thirty this morning. I check my TV for every good. It's crisp. It's crisper than it's ever been. Yes, So let me know how it's worked out for you. Are there any problems? Going to know? And I can probably help you with what to do and how to do it. So eight hundred and eighty ten eighty nine two nine two detext update on Sky. Love to hear a couple of those also like to hear some reports from the far north of the bad weather is showing any signs yet, Sometimes when we experience weather as a country, it's kind of hard to know who's getting what. When are there dark clouds in the north? Let me know? Is the wind picking up? I think it's mony tomorrow evening at Kickson, But some of the reporting seems to be fast down, loose, and I'm never too sure. It's called tam strong winds to the Upper North Island from Wednesday. Well, Wednesday's not far away, is it? Wednesday's only three hours forty nine aways. To get in touch about Sky and about tropical cycling TAM. It's weird because there was another tropical cycling TAM in two thousand and five. Like they've run out of names. Just quietly. But first I want to talk about sky Sky Sky Sky Sky Sky. You might get a month for free too, by the way, if they haven't got round to give you the new dish if you are in the extremities. But they're calling it a huge relief, the CEO huge relief. First off, the rank Chris Marcus, welcome.
Speaker 4: How Marcus, how are you? I've lost my TV reception. I don't have Sky, I didn't didn't have a dish. I went there's an aeriel on top of my roof, and I have a freeview box. But since always happened this morning when I went to turn the TV on tonight, I've got nothing. So I have turned the freeview box off at the wall and turned it back on again. After about I left it off about probably sorry, I've got a really bad cold. I left it off for about ten minutes or so and turned it back on, and momentarily it looked like it was going to work. But it doesn't work.
Speaker 3: And with your bad coffe, you'd want to be watching TV too, wouldn't you.
Speaker 4: I've gone to bed with the computer and I's been watching stuff on the on the computers, would be honest. So I'm not going to get out and try and to deal with it now, But if you or anyone else can suggest something that I try in the morning, I'd really like to have my TV MA.
Speaker 3: Who do you pay?
Speaker 4: Who do I pay?
Speaker 3: Do you pay? Sky?
Speaker 4: I haven't got Sky?
Speaker 3: Mm hmmm. How's the freeview arriving? Is it arriving via an aerial, not via a dish?
Speaker 4: It's arriving via an aeriel through a freeview box.
Speaker 3: Okay, as far.
Speaker 4: As I know, I've kind of walked around and tried to check all the roofline of the.
Speaker 3: Just with Just with Bed last night Chris tonight.
Speaker 4: When I tried when I went to turn it on to watch the news tonight, I couldn't get anything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I reckon that might be stitchy.
Speaker 4: So I'm assuming that it might be something to do with I don't know all this change over stuff, and I don't.
Speaker 3: Really understand free of you. I don't understand where the aeriels picking up the signal from. But I reckon we can get someone to answer that for you. Chris.
Speaker 4: Well, that's what I was hoping.
Speaker 3: Chris to man, what have you been watching on your computer?
Speaker 4: I just watched the news and then I watched seven and.
Speaker 5: TV.
Speaker 3: You're not watching You're not watching cat videos or anything.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 4: I watch a lot of Netflix, Netflix, Goodness, yeah, Netflix and on demand usually because I feel pretty crop, I thought, oh, I'm just going to go to bed and listen to the radio. And I figured that you guys might be talking about this predictable might be able to help me.
Speaker 3: We will get you help, Chris. It's something I've promised callers and listeners tonight. We will help you with. I've got no idea how freeview works, but someone will know, Tony. It's Marcus. Good evening.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Hi Marcus. I'm sorry. I'm going to give you the same problem. I've actually got Freeview. It's a freeview box and it's work similar to Sky I guess, and it's through an old Sky dish and yeah, I've got the same problem. I've lost complete coverage of everything and you get something like, oh, fifteen to eighteen channels, including Sky open on there.
Speaker 3: It's just disappeared from last night.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it comes up with no signal and no video coverage, nothing or signal gone. Check your satellite, dish and cable.
Speaker 3: Have you got a Dish TV smart VU box.
Speaker 7: Yes, it's an older view box.
Speaker 8: Yes.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I know you don't know the answer, but I just thought I know confirmed.
Speaker 6: But the lady.
Speaker 7: The Lady's got people.
Speaker 3: Will people look the factors that we've established something, the factors of these two of you. Someone will know more about that. I'm googling up frantically. I can't see the answer. Yeah, there is something. I've got a Sky TV website.
Speaker 7: Yeah, all right, Well I'll wait with interest because I actually have no vision. Although although I do use TV because I like listening to Chriss programs and stuff i'd like, I'd like, I'd like to hear from anybody who does.
Speaker 3: It, says on the website. Sky Opener is available through civil providers. Sky customers can also enjoy. Okay, you keep listening and I'll do my damned as.
Speaker 9: Tony appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you can help Tony to appreciate that. I knew this would be a hot topic tonight, and it is. It's proven to be a very hot topic. By the way, don't care why people watch TV if you've got no vision or that's a fully understandable don't need to justify that to us. Seventeen past eight, Good evening, Bennett's Marcus, welcome.
Speaker 10: You get a Ben.
Speaker 11: Oh sorry, Marcus. I had the same my shoes as those other people with the Freeview, and we just rebooted the whole box. That reinstalled all the channels again and it works. So yeah, you've got to reconfigure it, because I understand the Freeview operated off the same satellite is what the Sky did.
Speaker 3: So you're watching your Freeview on a Sky dish.
Speaker 11: Yeah, through the dish, and you just need to go into the channel settings and pretty much I don't know how to explain it, that run a check for new channels and you redownload all the channels again and because of the day, were off the same satellite as the Sky.
Speaker 3: So that's on your TV remote on your TV. You go in there and re rEFInd.
Speaker 11: A freeview box, water and the freeview.
Speaker 3: If you've got so are you touched as you're doing that? Are you touching the freeview box?
Speaker 10: Well, I've got.
Speaker 11: One of those smart TV's, it's got freeview and built but she runs off the satellite.
Speaker 3: Are you using the TV? Are you touching the TV?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 11: Yeah, I'm touching the TV. So I'm reinstalling all the channels. Okay, it's on the.
Speaker 3: It's on the TV. You're doing that well with.
Speaker 11: A smart TV, like the same songs, they can run off the satellite as.
Speaker 3: Well as but you're using. It's coming up on your TV screen as you're recalibrating.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, brilliant.
Speaker 3: Okay, nineteen past eight and it's Marcus.
Speaker 12: Good evening, Good evening, Marcus. How are you going?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 10: Thing?
Speaker 13: You will?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 14: Really?
Speaker 12: Your satellite boxes? I think you'll find that some of us need to update them.
Speaker 3: Where would you go to do that?
Speaker 12: Basically, go from your nearest electro cool store and update them. I had the same problem as everybody else, but I normally check what's on TV through the freeview TV programs and down there they have a little but to say, well, if you've got problems, tre such and such. So I did and got taken to a site which explains that the dish was taken out of action today and it's and basically advised of which satellite and which dishes will work.
Speaker 3: Okay, cutting a long story, short end, because that's just what I'm going to do. Now. Did you go to a shop and buy something?
Speaker 12: No, I didn't know about out until to night.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, because you're sounding quite knowing, because you see you see that, I am.
Speaker 12: I know what I'm going to do tomorrow. We are leaning some buy a new dish.
Speaker 3: No, no, you don't need a new a.
Speaker 12: New new it's a new freeview box.
Speaker 3: I mean how much would that be?
Speaker 12: Well, the one that you can buy a basic one for about seventy five. Apparently at the moment it's under one hundreds, very selectrical.
Speaker 3: I'm seeing one at the Warehouse for seventy nine. I'm seeing one at No Leaving for seventy five. I'm seeing one at Amazon for sixty four.
Speaker 12: Yeah, the one stat or something.
Speaker 3: Thanks for getting out there and doing that, because I see that and I just glaze everything. Where would what would you plug into where I'm sure it's not going to work?
Speaker 12: Well, I had to sit three new bots up when I got it originally, so I had all the things to find out. All I had all was papers.
Speaker 3: Sorry, okay, good on you, And do you know where it comes from?
Speaker 12: None? It was and so yep.
Speaker 3: You know this box you're gonna buy.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Does it act like a satellite dish?
Speaker 12: Yeah, and you plug.
Speaker 3: You haven't got a satellite dish? That box actually works as a satellite dish.
Speaker 12: Well, the box it's a three H box which and which you plug in? I'm not really sure how.
Speaker 3: Actually have you got a dish on the roof?
Speaker 12: I do have a dish, yes, but I soon I don't know.
Speaker 3: I go find out. People are tricky with their answers tonight, aren't they. I just like, yes, no answers about this because I don't really know what's going on with the dish. Because anyway, evening Fae.
Speaker 14: Hello Marcus.
Speaker 16: I brought a TV about twelve months ago, and the guy come and put put it into the and everything and got it set for.
Speaker 3: Me into your house. Are you are you in a small town?
Speaker 16: No, no, I'll put the TV in. I've bought a new TV and he come along and futted it up for him. For this is two months ago when it was Sky, but it's not Sky now it's been taken over the company. But he showed me the Panasonic that's the brand, the control, the remote control, and he said to me, if you ever have any trouble, press the input button, which is the last button on the top. It's called input, press fat and it scrolls down to H D M one the I V and any press press ok.
Speaker 17: It has got as gold.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: Did you circle that button on the remote with like a highlighter or something so you know where it is? I would do.
Speaker 16: I've written written it down. I know excectly what I'm doing. But just the last button, four buttons up the top, it's the very last button. It's called input, and stroll down to H D M I and s D I V in okay, and you're away laughing.
Speaker 3: So your TV's all right, fae.
Speaker 16: Yeah, it's good as gold at the moment.
Speaker 3: Love that expression, good as girl, don't you. Graham. It's Marcus. Welcome, good evening, Marcus.
Speaker 17: I just wanted to mention some of the problems with him was Sky Sky TV. Yes, we've been without Score TV for about two months now, and they've been there to fix it three times, I think, and they've got it going and it doesn't last long. We has thicknessess in here today this morning at ten o'clock. He left at twelve o'clock went off again all the time?
Speaker 3: Are you remote?
Speaker 17: Graham were in Muabile year, But but it was going, We've been here a year and it was going to write until two months ago when they started this this satellite thing. You know, can you can you.
Speaker 3: Can you just get have you got fiber?
Speaker 18: No?
Speaker 19: Okay, no, no.
Speaker 20: Yah.
Speaker 17: But it just it just goes, you know that it goes for a little while, and and then the paragraph comes up atmosphere conditions have interrupted viewing. Can't take you for viol And we've been doing it for two months and they first of all, I rang in March, the last last month, and they scheduled to come out in the sevens, and the seventh came, and then they rescheduled it to the eleventh. The elevens came, and they reskeeded it till today, and they finally came today and they fixed it for in the lasted two hours.
Speaker 3: What did they fixed? Were they on the roof within your in your living room?
Speaker 17: No, they're in the lunge and with a kid, and they tested the box and they you know, and then he said everything was awarded and he got it going and then left and then at twelve o'clock and went off working.
Speaker 3: Happened? Was there anything happened before it went off? Was the bad weather or did you do anything different?
Speaker 17: No, now we know it was doing this in the bullying weather last month.
Speaker 3: So did you ring them back?
Speaker 17: I'm always ringing on Marcus and I went on the phone for a bad half and there before someone artists and I'm awdering them and irene them. Today at twelve o'clock when it went off, Yes, and see your technician letter ten o'clock was going good. Same things happened. It's gone off again. And they said after a while, they said, well, the nearest treek you do is the second the.
Speaker 3: Mate ah, for goodness sake, Yeah, it's really yeah, shocking duck shooting. Since that's amazing, Okay, okay, well you stay in touch with us. We'll see if it because I can't work out why they would do that, but I know some sky technicians listen as well, Graham, so find out what we can do. Because yeah, but if anyone can tell me about the about the freeview I'd like to know about that because I presume if you've got freeview of the freeview box, you're still getting it on the old dish. Is that right, yeah, Peter, Marcus, welcome.
Speaker 4: You can leave me.
Speaker 2: Marcus, and even to your listeners, oh yeah too, right now without the newby lot exactly. Hey, listen for me. Four of my friends have got free free right, don't have sky, and they all rang me and and they've had the saved the problem as well. But my sky went down at six eighteen pm tonight. And what I did is that I unplugged it from the wall, went and got me tea prepared, sat down about half an hour ladder, put them on the wall again and everything came back on. And that gentleman who rang before me, I were so bloody sorry for him.
Speaker 17: And perhaps you should plug.
Speaker 2: It from the wall for about five ten minutes, pop it back interest if it goes again. But it sounds like to me the dishes the dish may be set wrong, and I could be depletely wrong, you know, because that shouldn't do that. Marcus.
Speaker 3: You know how all those people rang you about their freeview? Are you a sky technician?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 2: No, no, why are they're bringing you? Because I've got sky and I want to know if my sky was down and said at the time, I was up up and running and at six eighteen, it went down and at six forty two I plugged it.
Speaker 21: Back in the wall and.
Speaker 2: I've still got it.
Speaker 3: The question is that Sky or just freeview.
Speaker 2: Sky for me and my friends have got free to wear and they can't get anything. And I thought that it's it's all very well putting this new satellite up, but do they cater for those people who.
Speaker 3: They're not paying any money for it? It's called freevious the Sky's there's no skin in the game for Sky.
Speaker 8: Is there?
Speaker 2: It was just not the point. The point is point.
Speaker 3: But Sky is a private company.
Speaker 22: Oh it is two years.
Speaker 19: But people who who.
Speaker 2: Don't have Sky, and it sounds like a lot of them are rugging into your program. Yeah, they can't get it, and I feel bloody sorry for them.
Speaker 3: So the question when you've got freeview, right, Pete, you know they still need to dache.
Speaker 2: I've heard this sometime today and I said, look, I couldn't tell you some people. Some people say you do, anothers say you don't. So I don't know what.
Speaker 3: Because I don't know how else it's coming. I guess you're an old school area. But you need a freeview box for seventy nine dollars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's modern technology.
Speaker 3: We're not that modern because you know, you know, satellites aren't modern because it's only for the cowcockies and the country that want their rugby because most people are on fiber or cable. They get it straight inside the house, down the pipe.
Speaker 23: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I just can't make out why these the the the people who don't have sky effective that.
Speaker 3: The thing is amazed me because it comes from the satellite.
Speaker 2: You've got gone on the days we just plugged the lly and away you go.
Speaker 3: Exactly.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 3: I liked an aeriel. I was a big fan of an aeriel because you felt your had something now that was And I remember on TV there used to be aired celebrating the transmitters that sort of sing them by name. They talked that, the talk about the big one in the white tackles forget it was called, and the yeah it was yeah, oh yeah. I got nostalgia for that. What happened to me, Peter, Peter, you don't happen to me? Sky wrung. They rang me right and they said, could we please give you a bigger dish because we're because we are so remote, right, yes, And they came down the bluff and they replaced everyone's dish with one that's twice as big. Okay, but using the same.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm in christ Rich and those people or that chap you before me. Where was he calling from?
Speaker 3: How would you know? The regional extents. The regional accents aren't strong enough these days, are they. I think he's legs Beach. I think he's munga fire legs Beach. Did he say I'll pass?
Speaker 2: But if he's in the Wop wops he might pay him to get a big dish.
Speaker 3: You can't. It's just for special people in the extremities that need the big dish twice as big.
Speaker 2: Oh okay.
Speaker 3: I'm just impressed you had full friends that phoned you about that. I'm liking that, and I thought, well, I'm no technicians. No, it sounds like you could be Peter. Nice to talk, Thank you. Twenty two away from nine cyclone tropical cyclone. It seems late in the year for tropical cyclone. Here's an email. This is the world we live in, guys. Listen to this for an email. Marcus just canceled our long weekend holiday, not paying to go on a holiday while it's raining. Lucky the hotel lets you cancel up to foot hours beforehand. Such a shame. Topaul was looking really good, Jeff. Although he's written T A U P E, which is a color. Yep, that's right, that's what you've written. Presume it's Topaul. Mix of brown and gray is torp. So they paint all those houses and graylen or or torp, aren't they? Or mushroom whatever they call it. Get in touch. My name is Marcus hurdled twelve, good evening, ree, it's Marcus. Greetings, Marcus, join a giggle, Ye, you've got to have a giggle.
Speaker 24: Sky TV contacted myself, and of course I have to confess that I leave a lot of the television side of it, because he watched him and DAWs watches sport. Yes, so I said to this particular person, excuse me, who are you because you thought it was a scam? Yes, so I perceive did to tell them in a very very gruff voice, don't bother you're not sending one in. Do not think that you're going to approach my home because you're nothing but a scam. And of course this poor.
Speaker 13: Woman and.
Speaker 24: I basically proceeded to give them a pedigree and don't bother calling again, and they proceeded because they kept saying that that we've sent you an email. I said, no, you haven't.
Speaker 25: I would have.
Speaker 24: Seen that email, so don't even go there. So they proceeded to contact my husband two days later, who had because the email had not been sent and had not been received until the day that. They called my husband because they had his phone number as well, and he assured me it's not a scam, and I haven't bothered watching TV. The only thing I've watched today is a bit of the news, but it's all gruff news, so I'm not even worried about it.
Speaker 3: So were they were they emailing to come and fix your TV?
Speaker 24: Yeah, they wanted to install a specific part on the sky satellite, which means they had to get up onto the top of our roof. Wow, and I went, I don't think so, don't even bod coming in my house.
Speaker 3: That's funny. Well that was resolved though, because your husband went they had the wherewith or to contact your husband. Is that right?
Speaker 24: And he told he basically said to me, calm the farm. This is not a scam.
Speaker 3: No, it's quite because most people, the iron is, most people, for love nor money, can't get in touch with Sky get in touch with a service person. You've had someone contacted.
Speaker 24: You, Yeah, but they failed to actually send out the email correspond with the phone call, and I went, I don't think so go away.
Speaker 3: It's a good laugh. We have enjoyed that. Thank you, John Marcus, welcome, Hi John.
Speaker 21: Where you go ahead, Michael, John, thank you the other than my range. We're traveling around the country on a whole day in a caravan and up until yesterday, every it was working fine. And the satellite dish. Now when it searches the channel three, which is a free view, it pauses on it for about thirty seconds and it continues to go around the circles like get lost. So we've been getting for the last two and a half months watching TV.
Speaker 10: No trouble at all.
Speaker 3: Hang on, how does it work in the caravan? Do you have to twist it round a dish?
Speaker 26: We were a dish, slight dish.
Speaker 21: Oh yeah, the TV has come to a head like this, right, so we can watch it, no problem at all. But tonight we watched TV three News, which I put on in advance, and consequently it lines up and says yet we're here for about thirty seconds and it continues to search and it goes off and on and off and on. It won't won't on, This won't lock on for a length of time. Okay, we have we have wireless tea. We have a preview box and through that we can watch Netflix withths and pieces. So we're going to smiss the smart TV in the caravan. So I presume we can. Actually there must be an app somewhere along the line that you can watch three three the air through an app.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sure, I'm sure there is, but no one, no.
Speaker 21: One's advisors and information on this.
Speaker 3: But when you're in a car, when you're in a caravan, can you twist your dish from inside the caravan? We have to get on the roof to a line which hids north does it?
Speaker 21: It's automatic, it's a surgery. There's some manual ones, but most ones are automatically. They search around that locks on and for the last eighteen months or those more than that, the last only four or five years. With the James addition, it's locked on perfectly all the time.
Speaker 3: Where's your caravan now?
Speaker 23: John?
Speaker 3: Where are you? We're we're in Christis, oh yeah, on holiday?
Speaker 21: Yeah yeah, yeah, cruising around here?
Speaker 3: Four months here you come, if you come down, if you come down the South Island Way, come down bluff.
Speaker 21: We haven't got that far. We've been down as far as the need. Yeah, and now we spend probably two and a half three months in cince Otaga each year.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, do you pick fru?
Speaker 27: No?
Speaker 21: No, no, no, we're we're we're older. We're retirees.
Speaker 27: Mate.
Speaker 3: I thought they wanted the thought they wanted the retirees to pick the fruit because they're reliable.
Speaker 21: I think so, yes, yes, I could be. We ride mountain bikes and ride real trails, and.
Speaker 3: Some people not e bikes that way, John, Oh.
Speaker 21: Goodness, the only reason that you have e bikes good e bikes, great trees and fours and the good stuff.
Speaker 3: Okay, good idea. Hi Kathy, it's Marcus, welcome.
Speaker 18: Hello. I have spent the whole day trying to get my sky working. It was working perfectly last night. This morning at six o'clock, I thought, great, I put it on. No signal, I thought, damn. Anyway, I went to work, came back about twelve, still no signal, So I thought I will ring up sky and unfortunately they don't have an eight hundred number. You've now got to do an nine number, which you pay for. I managed to get through after a lot of probably AI discussions in that, and I was told I had a forty eight minute wait. I thought, blow that for a game of soldiers. I then rang my friend, who I haven't got into this or anything, and she tried to get through and help me, and lo and behold she got cut off halfway through someone trying to get help. Anyway, A couple of hours later, I did actually manage to get through, and I have ordered a new black sky Box to come. The thing is, though, the black the Black Box that I've got is a T one hundred box, and I think that's what is calling causing the problem with people not being able to receive sky You need the newer black Box, which is T one oh one.
Speaker 3: Wow, So why did you order the old one?
Speaker 18: Then I didn't. I ordered a new one.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you think you'd you think you've ordered the right one.
Speaker 18: Oh, yes I have. But what really annoyed me was a couple of months ago when all this huh started. I rang them up and I said I was having problems, and the guys came out and they just got up on the sky dish and they just beefed up the reception on it and it was going great. It went from I think thirty to about seventy. But now I've got Nader. But never mind. Hopefully with this new sky box that will work. And down in christ Church we've got to get farther anyway, so I'll just get broadband and hopefully my sky will work in a month or so's time.
Speaker 3: When are they bringing the new box round.
Speaker 18: A well, because of the esther holidays, they said, probably Tuesday or Wednesday.
Speaker 3: Oh so you're not asking for a month's free sky.
Speaker 18: Oh look, I just think, Look, I just can't be bothered because you get from pillarsive posts, and I thought, blow it.
Speaker 7: Just have to suck it out.
Speaker 3: Well, I'll be curious though, how it works out for you.
Speaker 18: Yes, I will let you know. In fact, I went to TV in Z and sort of told them what I had to I had and I rang up the press and I rang up the start. I thought, well, I've got to do something, and now I'm ringing you.
Speaker 3: Who spoke to you at TV and Z Other than that they'd be interested.
Speaker 18: A very nice girl she came down and she sort of took the details.
Speaker 3: You going to the office.
Speaker 18: Yeah, the one in BA I think it's Bath Street, christ Church. You know there's packents, say one side of the street, and then there's a TV in Z place.
Speaker 3: Opposite, So you went to there to tell them.
Speaker 18: Yes, because there I think there was a there was a thing on TV. I think In said about the skyter fluffle. Anyway, about a month or so ago.
Speaker 3: What did she see interested the woman that came downstairs at Bath Street.
Speaker 18: Well, she said to me, look, she said, thank you for that, and we'll let you and we will follow up if anyone else complained. So it can only do so much. But I thought they sort of they needed to know. I haven't got access.
Speaker 3: Is it anything to do with Sky with TV inzed.
Speaker 18: No, But the point was that on TV and Z they ran the story about how dreadful the new Sky satellite has been and you know, disruptives to people, and I just thought that just might have been an interesting Well.
Speaker 3: They might have seen the reporter down, they might have seen guying or someone down to talk to you.
Speaker 18: Well, I don't know about that, but I mean it sounds like I'm not the only one.
Speaker 3: Who go it, doesn't It seems as though they put the news Tadlite in this morning. It seems to have gone very well apart from people with freeview. I beg your pardon? Did you say? You know you have proper Sky, don't you?
Speaker 18: I do have proper Sky? Yes?
Speaker 3: What are you watching?
Speaker 18: I'm listening to the radio.
Speaker 3: What do you watch on Sky?
Speaker 18: What do I watch on Sky? I absolutely love a great little English show called The Good Ship Murder, which is brilliant Coronation Street here, take it or leave it? Death in Paradise, good quality English programs. But there was also a very good Canadian program called Ghosts, which is similar to the English program Ghosts, and it's very very funny.
Speaker 3: Who's the lead in that one?
Speaker 28: Oh?
Speaker 18: I can't think. I really can't think.
Speaker 3: But I mean I think she might be a Kiwi.
Speaker 18: Yes she might be too. Yeah, well, sorry to what?
Speaker 3: But I enjoyed Ghosts myself. Kathy?
Speaker 22: Thank you?
Speaker 3: What a blow for you? Kathy?
Speaker 29: Thank you?
Speaker 3: Oh wait one hundred eighty ten. Well that's interesting, isn't it. It's anything but fancy going down to TV. Indeed, like in person, i'd mind that it's old school Marcus. Thousands of old freeview boxes won't work anymore for today. Where we were all told months ago was in the news. Here is the news link. Then people need to go and buy a new one won't work on the new satellite. The bro Hamish, do I know you, Hamish? I like the way you will tell me about yourself. Hamish, I feel I might You might be an old pal. This is from Brianna in February. Older version of the Freeview set top boxes will stop working in April, but there's an easy way to check if yours will still work. From April, Freeview will be broadcasting using a new satellite that uses DVVBS two technology, but thousands of hundreds of Feebe boxeres don't support that broadcasting standard. They need to be replaced. So you have been warned. I knew it was going to be a cavalcade of calls about that, and there was you can dance by the way the cycling. Now is the time to cancel your holiday. It's going to be a east. It's going to be a disaster, not in the South. I don't know. So we were all warned, and I said last night there's going to be trouble today, and there has been, but most of the trouble is not with Sky people. It's for people with free view and they need a new free view box. You go to an old Leaming or Harvey Norman or other shop with two names, you ask for a freeview box. You get home and Gosh knows what you do? You feft around. I would imagine, and that should do it. It's going to cost you seventy nine bucks. And that's the answer. What that actual new freeview box does, I don't know. It must decode what comes in through the satellite and makes it fit to go into your TV. So and I don't know what's on freeview. I think there's Sky Open TV one is a mother stand against. That's the situation. If anyone has any remaining questions about that, then that's of use to me because I can actually use that to get other calls to people that can help you out. So anyone got any other questions about that? Someone says Walter says flu over to the hs CC concert the Power Station last week. Indeed the greatest cover band ever. Now I believe Walter is from Tonga, and I do know about the a little bit about the HSCC because they've popped up on my feed they are a cover band from Adelaide, the Hindley Street Country Club. They're all right, but do you want to go and see a cover band? Really did they do? Journeys don't stop believing they didn't do that? That's the song people want to hear, especially if you're a small town girl living in a lonely world and you take the midnight train. That's the song you. I actually happened to hear the choir does it for sythe bar on the weekend? That's right, And there's a group of mainly women that's saying they're choir. That's sang songs. They sung Journey don't stop but very good.
Speaker 4: It was too.
Speaker 3: Brought them great joy. You could sit on the faces the singers. Boy oh boy did they enjoy that. But Journey was their banger. Ellison, it's Marcus welcome.
Speaker 30: I haven't got freeview, but I think the transmission was only off about half an hour in christ Church from about four quarter past four, and it was back on again before five o'clock because I was actually had a tape taking something and it went off halfway through. But so I actually you was going to be happening, and it was off for a very short time really, and I'm a surprise that came on and with no problems really, And I must admit I have criticized Guy in the past, but I did email them. I thought, well, they ever answer my emails about some programs over Easter. I've got some mid summer murders going to three days continuously for a marathon. I emailed and the one what happens to all the other programs during that time? And they did get back to me and answer my query. So I have to say that the Sky are very prompt at answering correspondence.
Speaker 3: Now that what was happening to the other programs, well, they.
Speaker 30: Shove them off to the next week. All the Omnibusses that would normally show this weekend, they put them forward to the following weeks. They're going to be a week behind for the rest of the year, I suppose then, but it's just you just have to know ahead of time. Otherwise, did have to watch the programs during this week I watch Omnibusses quite a lot where they have the five four episodes all running, and they've taken them all off for this weekend and put this three days of the Midsummer Murders continuously running for the three days continue.
Speaker 3: Well, I guess in the UK they don't screen Coronation Street and east Enders on those private colleges. It would seem disrespectful. I suppose do you watch Brookside or Emmerdale?
Speaker 27: No?
Speaker 30: I watch EastEnders. East End is the one that was go is queering because that's the one that's the omnibus. No, I don't watch those ones. I will only watch EastEnders. So they are going to play it the following week, but it's going to be a week behind them because the rest of the year. I suppose Pecures are going to have to catch up somehow. I just thought maybe they're going to put it in somewhere else, but they're not going to slat it and they're just going to put it on the following week. So I thought it out.
Speaker 3: Is dot Cotton still is Dot Cotton still going strong? And his standards?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 30: No, no, she she died in real life. No, she's right about two a couple of years ago.
Speaker 3: No, it's heartbreaking. I love Dot Cotton died in real life. Wayne at s Marcus welcome.
Speaker 22: Hello Marcus. People with a dish sip box sorried mine the other day, and you go and if they don't get it, when they pull the plug out and put it back in again and nothing happened, So they don't get nothing. Go into the menu and I'll come up in installation scroll push that okay, push it out, push that button okay. Then it'll bring it down into a blind scin and I advise people to do a blind skin Okay, they might pick everything up.
Speaker 3: And that and and that might prove their existing their existing uh free V box will be all right. Otherwise they've got to go and buy a new one.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 22: Well they said a few months back that if you can't get channel twenty ELCAZEA or something, yeah, you have to go and get a new box. And I don't get Elcaza, and I've got mine all tuned up and to all the freeboot channels by that Alcaza.
Speaker 3: Oh so you're just happy, You're just happy just going on with that Alcaza.
Speaker 22: Yeah, you know what on a Sunday night at seven o'clock country killing that don't That's all I watch nothing else.
Speaker 3: So you don't need a new box.
Speaker 22: Well, I'm happy with what I got. I can see if Alcaze.
Speaker 3: It's twenty brilliant. Thirteen past eight nine. Sky in Z didn't form customers they may need a new skybox after the changeover to satellite. Well I did anyway, just saying people have got busy lives. I have two TVs in my house and both of them have Freeview built on the TV A U h if Eeriel on my roof, no dish, I get perfect twenty seven channels Gee channel Bragger. I also had no picture on my TV's a Corimandel area. I googled it and if your freeview boxes as older mineus thirty years old, you have to update it because Freeview is updated their system. Pitty they didn't let us know this earlier than today. Well they did many a time. They were saying I've got articles to prove it. Marcus might pay then email Freeview and ask them if they piggybacked on Sky's satellite. That would explain Freeview crashing. Marcus, you can get a Freeview app now, as well as three now fast facts. Older Freeview set top boxes don't work from April due to the satellite change. Boxes currently unable to receive sky Open or Al Jazeera channels will be the ones that don't work. It's likely the change and satellite will largely effect customers in rural and provincial areas. Older versions of the Freeview set top boxes will stop working in April, but there's an easy way to check if yours will still work. From April, Freeview will be broadcasting using a new satellite that uses DVBS two technology, but hundreds, if not thousands, of Freeview boxes do not support that broadcasting standard. Why don't you try Leathfield Beach for power outage only been about three hours in counting. Tell Graham from mang Ar five if he has a white skybox, it's useless if you haven't got fiber. I had trouble I don't have fiber and went through fourth white boxes until the technician came out and explained this. Went back to the black box with no problems from Suzanne. You need the all brand. Oh, get in touch. If you want to talk. Everyone says funny things with texts. Don't the We've become it's deragoon now to just text, even if your text is not interesting, Like, what's the problem There's nothing on TV anyway apart from sport. Well you might think that, but that go on to watch country calendar. Alison wants to watch the omnibus. Yeah, there's it's the horses for Courses. I get sick of people begging TV because you know, they've been begging for eighty years saying there's nothing to watch, but people enjoy it provides company. It's not my jam, but you know, I'm at work in the evenings. Oh it's good evening. Fayett's Marcus welcome.
Speaker 31: Yeah, Hi Marcus, Hi, Faith Bye. I'm just ringing up to say that we haven't had Sky TV now for ten days.
Speaker 4: We tried.
Speaker 3: You might have just turned your radio off. There is just causing a little bit of anxiety in the background. That's cool, yep o.
Speaker 31: Turn it off.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 31: We've tried and tried and tried to get somebody out the Sex our sky and they tell us that there's no sky person on the west coast of the South Island.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, they come from Nelson.
Speaker 31: Oh okay. So like there's been people here that have waited over a month to get to get this sky back online. And my partner is ready to just crash guy and say goodbye to it. We use it in our motor home, we use it in our Latin. You know, we haven't had well, we haven't had sky on our TV now for ten days, and it's pretty quiet here at night without the TV going. But I've rung over five or six times and they just can't give us any time that we can get a technician to our home. And on the West Coast are.
Speaker 3: You I'll say some towns and you say, if you're north or south of them, Hokatika.
Speaker 31: Where inky you might be?
Speaker 19: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So yeah, like what's your husband? What's your husband doing in the evening now there's no TV? Is he out in the shed?
Speaker 31: He's a great reader?
Speaker 3: Oh brilliant? What's he read everything?
Speaker 20: Oh?
Speaker 31: I don't even ask.
Speaker 3: You know, that's good, You'll be happy with it. He could spend that one hundred a week, one hundred a month on books.
Speaker 31: Well, yeah, you know, I love TV. I've had some illnesses where I can't get out, so I sort of rely on the TV. And going back six seven months ago, if our guy broke down, we could get a person here with him two three days, but I've all vanished.
Speaker 3: You think they'd be able to get someone to make them the contractor for the West Coast because I'm sure when you've got places like further down like Friends and Fox Glassy with hotels there with people want to watch Sky over even I guess they'll have the fiber though, but yeah, I reckon. Probably there should be someone that could set up on the coast and becau. It's a big yeah, it's it could be a good business for someone there.
Speaker 25: Big.
Speaker 18: It's a big area.
Speaker 21: I mean, I knew.
Speaker 31: I heard of a lady on Facebook that waited for well over a month and she was in Ross, just south of Tokyo, Oh and Andy, and she just cut Sky totally. She said, you know, over a month waiting for a technician. It didn't happen. And that's scary to think that we could wait a month before we get TV again.
Speaker 3: There's not a lot else to do in Ross. I suppose it's the squash club.
Speaker 31: Yeah, it's a pretty quiet little town, nice.
Speaker 3: Little, nice little tail. But you want something to do in the evening, wouldn't.
Speaker 31: You, Well, yes, yeah absolutely, but that's fine.
Speaker 32: You can always go in.
Speaker 3: The path brilliant and that's probably what they are doing. High markets Marcus, good evening and welcome.
Speaker 19: Yeah, I am just listening to your program. I'm one of those who haven't got a TV at the moment. I took my skygh off and left me with nothing, So anybody out there can help me. But listening to one of your previous callers talking about input button, so I did that exactly what she said, but it came out with no channel available on the screen. So my other question is what do I do? Do I buy a preview box or what do I do? Can somebody help me?
Speaker 3: Pre Okay, so you haven't got Sky You've just got freeview?
Speaker 10: Right? No?
Speaker 19: I got nothing at all, no TV. But last four months I took my Sky off, so I don't know what to do. I was just sitting in the you know, with no TV, just listening to my little Transister radio. So I love my TV one program on my Chase program, and here we are. I've got nothing.
Speaker 28: So you have?
Speaker 3: So you have had freeview in the past, have you? Yeah?
Speaker 19: Way back? But five years back until I get my Sky, So I don't know. With my box, I might have touck it away.
Speaker 4: So what do I do?
Speaker 19: Can if I have to buy a preview box to get me TV back?
Speaker 3: Or you got an ear on the roof still or a sky dish?
Speaker 19: Yes, I still got that one.
Speaker 3: You might have to get Spin seventy five on a new freeview box, I.
Speaker 19: Think, okay, okay, here where do I get them?
Speaker 3: Like like nol Leaming or Harvey Norman? Okay, are you in a city, Mike? Are you in a study.
Speaker 19: Cent Mangory other three?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, yeap, you'll be right. But keep listening as well to good luck with that, good evening, Neil. It's Marcus.
Speaker 23: Welcome, Oh Marcus, Well, my sky's gone fine. I've got the information from them as well that they had to tap my signal or whatever it was. So I recently had to change my box, so my old black box for hell and I gave they gave me a new small black one. And I rang the other day about the satellite problem, and you suried, right, press seven seven seven or something, So I didn't. She said, now what does it say on number two? Did it say something like one eight nine point something? And I said yes. You said, well that's fine, and.
Speaker 14: That's all it was.
Speaker 23: Got me to repeat what I saw on the screen. She should see IDs fine, So you're right.
Speaker 14: That was it.
Speaker 3: So you're good to go today.
Speaker 23: Yeah, even it's perfect.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's good to know.
Speaker 23: So they are, so you ring up.
Speaker 4: They are.
Speaker 14: They're very helpful.
Speaker 16: You know.
Speaker 3: Most of the problems today seem to be with people with Freeview, and of course they're not Sky customers are getting it for free, so there's no money in the freeview people are there?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 3: You are you technically? Are you technically inclined?
Speaker 23: Not very well? I know when I set the new box up, the amazing here, and.
Speaker 3: I just don't know how a freeview box works. No, could you make something up?
Speaker 23: No, I don't know. I know that play no lean and that they are very guys and they are very helpful, and you know, and I've got good when it comes to things like that. So I saw that guy went there and I have very helpful him and I had a huge equipment to buying.
Speaker 16: It.
Speaker 3: Must just it must just convert the TV signal to something that works on the analog TV. I guess, Neil, thank you for that. Twenty eight past nine, Marcus till twelve? How do you channels are there on?
Speaker 30: For?
Speaker 3: Let me just I don't really know much about free We're fortunate to have Sky. I'm not a Sky bragger. No, the kids watch much Sky. I don't want the kids watch at the moment. Oh yeah, well, I told them that none of the a in that new book about Facebook, none of the people that work at Facebook let the kids go on Facebook. That's interesting. Well, I told them that I don't think that that interested in it, although I did try and tell the kid I'd get him a pager. Now out of between zero interest and one hundred percent interest, how much you think interesting? Think you hadn't getting a pager?
Speaker 27: Zero?
Speaker 3: Oh gosh, you could be watching the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. There's Bravo on Freeview. There's some good channels there. Would that guy called Al Jazeera Our Jarrah? The was a lot there. There's Shine. That's the church, isn't it Juice Parliament? Oh you're not there, Shine. I think that's what I said that, haven't I? Anyway? Track side for the horses, Rush, Mountain Monsters, Garage Squad. I was quite a lot there. Not bad for seventy four dollars investment in your new box. Hold your horses die and I'll be with you soon. Deal or no deal? Do you watch that tonight? Curry is on at the moment. I'll get to the texts before too long. If you want to be involved, just got nothing on the TV and I'll get something a better watch. I'd like to have something in the background, some sport normally, just to work at what's going on. Get in touch. We are talking about free view. Oh, eight hundred and eighty ten eighty and nine two nine two, the text markus till twelve. Therell be other topics. Oh, as someone said, it's blowing really strong in Parkertly like fifty to sixty. So yeah, it's this will come down. The system will come down to the west coast of New Zealand just drag all this wet weather from the east across. It's going to be it's going to come right down as far as Canterbury. I don't think we'll get it where we are, but yeah, people are canceling on booking dot com. You can cancel forty hours before you hold it, and people are canceling like there's no tomorrow. They're all canceling their long weekends and regretting going for the old end z Easter hack because you're not going to want ten days just sitting in the wed Hello Diane, thanks for hanging there, and good evening to you.
Speaker 20: Oh, yes, good evening, Macus. I'm just wondering. I wasn't listening earlier, but I was wondering if those people had travel with the TV or the area or something, because I've had sign on my TV tonight something about the areel and then I yep, so I wasn't too sure. But am I supposed to you know the dish, the dish that you have up? Yeah, I just sort of went out and didn't want to go. Yeahs that other people went having the same.
Speaker 3: Problems, or Diane, do you have Sky or just free View?
Speaker 20: I just have playing TV in one of those little boxes underneath yep, yep, that had to be connected up some years ago.
Speaker 3: So you've got TV one, two, three, MOLDI, TV, Bravo and the Shine and Al Jazeera those sorts of channel.
Speaker 26: To day one and two.
Speaker 20: I don't have time to watch all those other things because I'm usually doing music in between or something. Yep.
Speaker 3: So I imagine you've got freeview.
Speaker 20: Yes, that's that box thing yet yeah? So and then that's the dish the TV. There was a notice on it the TV tonight. But I might try flicking the main switch off and see if it comes on again otherwise. Yeah, I don't know whether the freeviews that's that little box thing, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Yes, So you've got to satellite dish on your TV, haven't you?
Speaker 20: No said dishes out on there?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you gotta sell like dish on your roof and the roof yeah yeah yeah, the roof roof. Okay, I'm on the website now right, yep. Are you tuned in through a satellite dish?
Speaker 28: Yes?
Speaker 3: Click here if you're tuned in through a satellite dish. Ah, have you lost all channels?
Speaker 20: I don't know. I macked around it that.
Speaker 3: We didn't back around it.
Speaker 20: Yeah, yeah, I tried to. I pushed the notice kept coming on the thing and stayed there. Then I macked around and I thought, well try channel too, But if you usually got to do something else and the yellow comes out, and then at chells your which channels are pushed, you know, And I didn't do that because I just end up using one channel.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 20: I liked last night's program that was the two those people in France doing up the house.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, they always.
Speaker 20: Yeah, that's one of my favorite programs. Yeah, yes, it is.
Speaker 3: Most TVs and satellit boxes will continue working after this update. However, some satellite boxes have lasted many years and run on out dick data technology, which won't work with the transmission from the new satellite. There aren't many of these oldest boxes left. If you have one, it's time to upgrade. This is chicky box.
Speaker 20: Yes, my box is.
Speaker 5: Oh yes, what's it?
Speaker 3: Say?
Speaker 20: Well, I can't see anything now because I've marked it out, going trying.
Speaker 3: To Is there a name on the is it called a dish? TV? Is seven zero nine? Is this something written on it?
Speaker 33: Yeah?
Speaker 20: No, there's not At the moment, I switch on the something.
Speaker 3: Written on the actual box.
Speaker 20: On the box inside there. I'll just go and have a lot more because I probably can't see it at night time because I have yellow a yellow shade because it stops moving getting migraines. I keep my lights sort of slightly yellow.
Speaker 4: I like it.
Speaker 3: You got a head torch, Yeah, I've got.
Speaker 20: I just put my glasses on. Hang on, No, I can't see it now.
Speaker 19: I put.
Speaker 20: Not a very big house. So yeah, this is a box. Oh yes, fresh TV. That's what it's got in front of it.
Speaker 3: And is there a number written after it? Like S seven zero nine zero?
Speaker 20: I don't think so there's something there, but I can't really see it at this time of night.
Speaker 19: Yep.
Speaker 20: It's free View. That's the preview box. Yep. It's probably one of the earlier models.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you have to get a U one or there's some options you can do, but it's a little bit complicate for this time of night. It says the following boxes are expected to work, and it's got a list of all the ones that are expected to work. It says, please factory reset if you've lost Sky Open, Al Jazeera, Bravo and Eden instance. I said, yes, so you can put to a factory reseit reset.
Speaker 20: I probably have to get somebody to kind of do it.
Speaker 3: Who would you get, Well.
Speaker 20: I've got I probably would go to Havery Normans because there's the TV actually come from Harvey Normans and I was in there not so long ago thinking about a new one.
Speaker 3: But with all this happening, it's going to cost you. If you do need a new a new Freeby box, it'll cost you about seventy five bucks.
Speaker 20: Oh yeah, thank you very much. I won't I think somebody in town. But anyway, Havery Normans Yep, i'd either go to Havery Normans or no livings. But I do deal with haveing Normans were bought shop. The TV is a so we've had it quite a number of years. So I mean, yeah, So that's the problem is that, Yes, I rung my neighbor and that she didn't have any problem, and I thought, so, I just turned to radio on and got into bed. But now I'm in the lounge.
Speaker 3: The yellow lights, you know, that's about the best. But keep listening.
Speaker 20: Shade and yellow shade. It's just that it dimm's the light at night. So it would stop me having migraines.
Speaker 25: Yep.
Speaker 20: And I've got another one somewhere else. Yeah, So I've done it, had it like that for years. I come across the bulbs, the shades in christ Shoots and you just got to slide them over the light. Oh yeah, yeah, anybody that has migraines, it's the way to go yellow.
Speaker 3: Okay, if you denise, have you dine, if you don't get sordered, We're always here for you.
Speaker 20: Yes, thank you very much. I will definitely ring Harvey Normans in the morning, yeah, or even nol Lemmings. But yeah, I'm going to yeah, because I've got a sixty of my son, one of my sons is sixty, so he's having a party on the day, thurs Day that's going to be Is that going to be it? And they think of Harloquinsquins And he's had to push it forward a day because Tomoka, Tomoka Rugby they've got it one hundred year or something.
Speaker 3: Said, yeah, okay, so they're all going to be and.
Speaker 20: People are coming from the North Island, some are coming from Australia and yeah, so it'll be quite busy. So I'm really I'm not much of a TV person, but it's handy if you want to watch like that that program last night, which is my favorite, and I like to watch.
Speaker 3: The news at what was last what was last night that you said that.
Speaker 20: They were those two people we're doing Upper House in France. Yeah, but it'll take them a wild I don't. I think that they have only got through the first part of it, but I haven't watched all of it yet, so I presume. I hope, I hope to be able to but if somebody can knows a bit more about these boxes, yeah.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'll leave it there. Dayane, thanks so much for that evening Berry. It's Marcus thanks for hanging out.
Speaker 19: I will Marcus.
Speaker 13: Yeah, good evening, Marcus, good program too. I just listened to your last customer. I'm a retired electronic engineer, and I think she said she had a Sanyo TV.
Speaker 19: Did she yeah?
Speaker 3: I look, she could well have said that, or did she say sharp sharp?
Speaker 13: You're correct it was a shark. My worry is that I've heard another one or two also, so that they've got older TVs before they rush out and buy a new box. They've only got HDMI outputs, and the old TVs.
Speaker 21: Only have the old yellow, red.
Speaker 13: And whitely which is CVBS composite video burst and sink and technical terms, and they won't be able to plug it in to their old TV. Check their TV first before they buy a box, otherwise they're up for a new TV.
Speaker 3: So you're saying with the new freeview boxes they'll only be compatible with newer TVs?
Speaker 27: Is that right?
Speaker 29: That is right?
Speaker 13: That is right. I worked for Sky for a number of years too, just as and I've got a very old Sky box of a paste de Cot who has made design in England, and my one still working fine. I watched all the transitions start at four thirty this morning, Roman was talking about it, and I'm here. He's a good man too, good broadcast broadcasters.
Speaker 19: Yep, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 13: I had him here at my house last year. He was a great guy. And my old box that was made in two thousand and six upgraded into the new stuff. Absolutely no trouble at all.
Speaker 3: Is he hanging out with the listeners?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 13: I gave him something to help somebody else out here. I repair keyboards and things, and he walked away with one and we had had a talk. Fat Kory rang Uper is trying to set up a thing for kids and or tree carry on.
Speaker 3: Hey, how old will the TVs have to be for them to be poked?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: Good, ten years?
Speaker 13: Yeah, probably at least that. I've been retiring now five years, so yeah, it would have to be at least ten years. But the old TVs have the yellow, white and red sockets on the MACRCA. Yes, they need to look and make sure they've got an ancient DMI connection. Imput that's a twenty four pin rectangular soccer small socker.
Speaker 3: Yes, I know those. Okay, so you're probably worth writing down and making your TV before you go to bit your free V box and tell them what your TV is because you might need a new TV. Is mind, your TVs aren't as expensive as they want where you go to the three or four hundred dollars. Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 13: I was in the warehouse set yeah the other day, and yeah, you can buy a TV quite cheap in there.
Speaker 3: Berry. The Americans won't be buying the Chinese ones, will they, because they'll be paying one hundred and forty five percent duty on them.
Speaker 13: What's actually happened, I think with the old preview boxes is the way the software works two standards S two and S four, and it's a bit like the old cell phones. They're dropping, you know, the Gen three and Gen two. Later this year you got over four G or five. Well, this is what's happened on the satellite too. They've upgraded to a high end pig steat of brilliant.
Speaker 3: Oh that's good Intel, Barry. You're with you waiting gold tonight to think for that. Diane's rung back. She needs a new TV, she said, gets ten years old, so she'll be doing that. She must have gone and looked at the colored circles around the back. So well done her for that. That's the situation there. So she's going to get another TV John ats Marcus, Welcome and good evening here, mate.
Speaker 25: I remember I've been a Sky customer for god knows how long, but I've just moved move residencies about six months ago. And I remember the Sky technician he had to come from christ Church and he said to me, he said, good luck. He said, damn sorry, he said, you're lucky you got me before the end of the month, because all the Sky technicians were leaving because the pay rate with Dana they were only offering they were offering about four bucks an the hour, less than what Sky were paying.
Speaker 3: That's right down. It took on the contracts.
Speaker 25: Yeah, and he said that good luck trying to get a technician to come out in the future. So that's what that's a lot of the problems too, is that there's no technicians because they've all left.
Speaker 34: Yeah.
Speaker 25: So I feel, you know that those people that can't those people that can't get a technician on the coast, I mean, what do you do? What do they expect that people are just going to hang around forever?
Speaker 3: Well, of course, you see, most people have gone because satellite technology is dated technology. Yeah, because most of it's now on the incident isn't it, So you know, reflecting it from space and satellites falling out of space because they all end up winding down, don't they. They slow down with friction as their friction, they slow down anyway and fall to Earth. So you've got to get a new satellite. But they ask guy's most important customers because they're farmers that watch the rugby and they're the ones with is no fiber to the door, so Sky's got to.
Speaker 25: Look after them be interested at Yes, So there's a lot of people annoyed, were stepping down and there so that it's all good.
Speaker 3: Thanks mate, people, Yeah, are you down? A terrible name for company?
Speaker 5: You down?
Speaker 3: It's a downer. Hey, thanks for that. John O. Marcus Till twelve oh eight hundred eighty ten eighty nine nine text Marcus Cure, Marcus, thank you for being so helpful and patient with your callers, particularly elderly callers, and sorting out the TV's bridget Oh well, if fay, it's Marcus. Welcome, Good evening, Good evening.
Speaker 15: The technician who was on just a bit earlier, very informative. He was saying that the new style feview boxes won't fit old style televisions because they have an HDMI cable. But you can get a splitter box from places like j Car where you plug the HDMI into one end and it's got the three RCA colored cables the other end already fitted, which could go into the television. It works plugging an older style DVD player into a newer television, so it might work for the feeview boxes too.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's good advice. How much you pay for splitter Fae.
Speaker 15: I think they're about fifty dollars.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, Well, I guess it's not going to be too much an outlay for people if it means he're going to get but you know they're going to get free TV for the rest of the until they put a new satellite up. So that's really good intel, Fay. I appreciate that, and maybe someone's got some more information about that also, So yeah, good to hear from you about that. Eight hundred and eighty Taunty min umeers, Marcus, Welcome HITDLED twelve Marcus. I use an act indoor active aerial plugs into a wallstock and a DVD recorded that built in tuness, and of course can record free to wear our sky is not working weight on the phone for one hour and then talking with the agent for thirty minutes and just as far as Sky. To sum that up, what's happened with Sky TV is they've switched satellites, which seems to have gone quite smoothly. However, all those people with freeview, whether they're watching on a UHF aerial on a dish, some of those people with older TVs and older freeview boxes have been affected and are unable to get TV.
Speaker 19: Now.
Speaker 3: For a lot of people, freeview is their lifeblood, particularly a few of someone that's used to watching TV and are elderly. Those people are without TV one TV too, which they probably had their entire lives, so that's a worry. However, just what I am thinking about it, the question I need to say is because these are people that have always got their TV terrestrially from TV aerials, then onto Sky dishes and freeview boxes. What I am thinking, I don't even know where I'm thinking it. But what I really need to say is I wonder whether it's worth those people who are in urban areas switching to fiber or cable or whatever they call it and just getting the TV, you know, straight from the sauce and the pipe rather than bothering with aeriels and stuff like that. You might know something about that would be nice to hear from you. Gerard, it's Marcus. Welcome and good evening.
Speaker 10: Yeah, Marcus, you're getting on you're good.
Speaker 4: Jured.
Speaker 35: Hey, I was just listening to the ten o'clock news and they've played an article there about the bus exchange in christ you' sorr, I'm getting off the track a little bit. That they were playing op from music or something and they've had a noticeable reduction and antisocial behavior. Yes, And I was thinking, well, why wouldn't you take that to the prisons and give them ten years of Andre Bercelli and put them on the straight and narrow. Who would have thought answers are easy as that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would be surprised if it's had that much of effect. It sounds, you know, this is the bus hubed christ Church. I mean, I don't know how long they've been playing the music for.
Speaker 26: Yeah, yeah, what what the trouble?
Speaker 3: What they're better off doing is playing the high pitched sound that only teenagers can hear.
Speaker 35: Well, they'd be right, but then they'd probably put a beat to it and print it off and it'd be on YouTube the next day. And I've getting some money back from those things that they get paid for online.
Speaker 3: Every time I've been to the bus said to their enchrosts, it seemed to be pairly, calm and quite a pleasant place.
Speaker 35: I've bus from the airport a couple of times and that's been my lot.
Speaker 1: Mate.
Speaker 3: Good on you. You're a nice to hear from you. Finding's anything wrong with playing music, classical music and a bus terminal, but also, of course the great users of bus terminals are young people and elderly people. You want music that appeals to them. I don't know how much effect it's head reading the article, Katie, it's market's welcome, good evening.
Speaker 29: I have a markt again. I rang Spark two months ago and asked would I need a new white box. They said no because I had didn't happen in it, so that was fine. So I didn't have a white box. So tonight I've got no television. So I spent seventy hours on the phone to Spark and they said I need a new black sky box.
Speaker 17: I didn't know that.
Speaker 29: So they're going to come next Wednesday with a new black box. They're going to come and set it for me, and I've went in TV next Wednesday.
Speaker 3: Okay, I just you say Spark, but I think you mean Sky right, Hi.
Speaker 29: Sky Sky. So yes, I've probably had it quite a few years, but they didn't tell me I was getting a new black box, and I wondered why. But it's evenly hell or tuned in with the new arrange.
Speaker 27: So this is.
Speaker 3: You have Sky, not just freeview right.
Speaker 29: No, No, I've got Sky Sport and I'm missing all my sports this weekend because they can't get They're coming out. I put across the story, you know, I said, though I was hopeless, that's it, and that I'm a widow. And so he's the guy's coming with my new box next Wednesday, so I'll be able to ask all questions. But it seems a bit of a coincident that happened today on the turnover.
Speaker 3: Well that's when you'd find out that it wasn't working in the tuneover. I guess now tell me something. Are they're giving you a month of free Sky because you're not getting anything?
Speaker 29: Ah, you say, offered me no charge for installation? In they would take away a month's present of my silk. I'm not really worried about that. I just wanted to fix because I'm a real sports lover and I won't be able to see any sports.
Speaker 3: A lot of sport. There's a lot of sport, Katie.
Speaker 29: Well, well, I've got a few friends. I'll check around there and see them.
Speaker 3: And I got a shock because now I got a shock to a Katie.
Speaker 29: I wrung them and they said, you don't need a white box. If you ever got internet, you don't need a white box. But I haven't got internet, and I had a black box and it's going to be replaced. But it was all very much of a coincidence, Katie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, did you say you were on hold for seventy hours?
Speaker 29: Sixty eight hours? And I was patient, and it was on my home phone, and it was right over dinner time, and I'm not a patient person, but I had to sip of the phone up in my ear because all the time through the hour they were telling you things.
Speaker 3: So it was it sixty eight minutes.
Speaker 29: I waited to get on. Wow, I don't think I'm going to be the only one mic No.
Speaker 3: No, no, Well, I hope what's just what's your favorite sport to watch?
Speaker 29: Oh, rubby and crickets.
Speaker 3: Okay, there's not much cricket on, but yeah, and when are they coming out to see you?
Speaker 29: Wednesday?
Speaker 3: Okay, let's hope it is this wey that's that's tomorrow?
Speaker 6: Is it no.
Speaker 29: Half to Easter?
Speaker 3: Okay, so it's all of all of Easter with no TV.
Speaker 29: Yep. I don't worry. I've got friends, and I like the radio, and I like walking.
Speaker 3: Okay, you gotta like walking. Very strong winds that a kak and no rain yet, Jay, Marcus, we had an old TV and bought a dongle a freeviews streamer from the warehouse for ninety nine dollars like an Apple TV or croa Google TV streamer has all the smart TV EPs on it now and get Netflix and freeb so easy. A lot of these put don't have the Internet for this though. It's the question I'm asking. Hello, don it's Marcus. Welcome, you know Marcus.
Speaker 17: Hey.
Speaker 8: This bus exchange music things actually garnished quite a bit of interest from locals here in christ Church following I can the Regional Council who look after the busses down here. They're one of their counselors. Deon Swigs was chatting back this the other day. Interestingly, they've been call outs for them to change up the music to Barry Manilo.
Speaker 28: Mm no, not your cover tea.
Speaker 18: No.
Speaker 3: I just I just can't quite work out what the story the story, Yeah, I mean, because you know, there's been sort of stories around the world for kind of decades of people playing classical music to calm down children. But mainly it's always been music like Barry Menlow to stop people gathering. But you know, a bus terminal is is not You don't want to drive people away and not have them gathering. A bus terminals for kids to use to get home and to get to school and get to go to the movies. You know, you need it to be a place that kids can go to and use. So I can't quite work out why they're trying to drive the children away from it. It seems kind of productive to me, and it seems slightly not immature, but slightly. Yeah, I just can't quite work at what the angle is.
Speaker 8: Yeah, now I understand that, I understand what the angle is too. I agree with you completely, But they're not trying to drive out the children and the youth that are just transiting through the space to get home and get to wherever they need to get to. They've had quite a significant youth problem in the area, with youth gangs congregating in the bus exchange and intimidating people and having fights with each other and picking fights with other youths that just turn up to the exchange. So they're trying to combat that problem. And it's quite a well known and understood science. So I remember thirty years ago when I was in Perth they had a similar problem at the Perth railway station and they did exactly the same thing, introduced classical music in the space and it helped clean up the problem immensely.
Speaker 3: Bitch, it won't work.
Speaker 23: Well.
Speaker 8: We'll sort of wait and see on that. There's certainly a lot of positive feedback from the community that some people like. It'll be interesting to see over the next couple of months whether it does start to get on top of it, because if it doesn't, the problem for the community is the expensive response. The next answer is to just put some more security guards in there, and those, of course are horrendously more expensive.
Speaker 3: Are you are you on the counselors that are you involved with it?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 4: No, but.
Speaker 3: Watch your involvement.
Speaker 8: Well, guess these days I'm a bit of a community advocate around the place, get involved in a few social issues. So I've made quite good friends with lots of the counselors and quite a few of the council starf So I have actually discussed the bus exchange problem with the city Council's guided by the name of Bruce Rendel actually, who's the guy who's in charge of that space on behalf of the council. So I have sort of had some understanding of it previously. You know, you get to my age, Marcus, and you just sort of think, well, you can't just sit on the sidelines and grizzle at the Facebook posts and what have you got to get involved and understand it and try and help sort it out.
Speaker 3: Sometimes, what are they providing for young people to do? What's the solution, what are the activities they're providing across.
Speaker 8: The city, all sorts of things. We've had a similar problem just slightly north of the city in place called Shirley the Palms Mall. We got to the point of having gangs fighting outside the area. So they've put in things like skateboard ramps. We've got skateboard parks and ramps going in all over the city these days. A new sports hub been put in in my area. Just high school was moved out of the area and the old gymnasium was left standing, so they tidied that up and turned it into a sports hub for the community. New community swimming pools going in all over the place. Programs in my again. Coming back to Shirley, there's a public library there. It's quite small, but they've got a whole host of community engagement programs for kids and youth.
Speaker 3: Good to hear, Don, thanks so much for that. Keep it going people. If you do want to talk, oh eight hundred and eighty ten eighty marc as strong wind and a Portuguy. I hope my amateur radio aerial survive. Lyle get in touch. Lyle, welcome. We are talking free of you. How to get connected, whether you need to know you, whether you need a new box or not. I suppose you can buy a new box that doesn't want to take you, get your money back, maybe because you might need a new TV. I feel like this is when the sport wind or space TV and how confusing that was. Mind you, A lot of people that have brought the new TVs then, and I'd imagine TV's are going to become every cheap soon because China won't be saying with the United States because of Levy's. Their lives are their tariffs. Jordie Marcus, welcome, Mark, and.
Speaker 6: Tell you mate good Jordy, good good.
Speaker 3: Hey.
Speaker 6: Just a couple of things. The classical music is working at the at the bus stop. I don't know whether they're just giving up on it or they're moving elsewhere, not one hundred percent sure, but the bus stops working.
Speaker 3: And Jordie, how are you either bus stop every day?
Speaker 22: May nah not.
Speaker 6: But I go into town with the kids and the missus and we're just they mess around and I'll see there's the bowling and the opposite and there used to be just a whole bunch of kids and whatnot or hanging outside as well as inside. You don't see that much anymore now.
Speaker 3: So yeah, do you bust them when you go bowling?
Speaker 30: No?
Speaker 3: No, no, you're just looking at it. Look it for the other side.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you can see pretty much right through it because shoot fall as laugh.
Speaker 3: Good on you, Jordie, thank you for that. Ian Marcus welcome.
Speaker 19: Yeah, Hey, guy, got in.
Speaker 28: Yeah, how'd you come?
Speaker 10: Tea?
Speaker 23: Good?
Speaker 3: Thank you real good? Still going good good.
Speaker 9: Good good good. Now I've got I don't even know what freeview is?
Speaker 32: Is that Russian?
Speaker 9: China and all those channels?
Speaker 10: What is er?
Speaker 9: Is that preview?
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what it. There's there's quite a lot on it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I think I've got those channels, but I've only got a TV. Like've got a freeview box. It's not dinner anything, but I haven't got a box. It's it's already coming through my TV. If that's what those channels.
Speaker 3: Are, TV one, TV two three, Bravo. Yeah, got that MOULDI TV TV did, TV did two Eden Bravo Today? TV did we three? Rush?
Speaker 9: Guy, it's already on my TV then, yeah, okay, so.
Speaker 3: How you but you're getting it through the internet right?
Speaker 28: No?
Speaker 9: No, no, I haven't got internet at home. No, it's just coming through.
Speaker 3: The TV for a sky dish.
Speaker 29: It must be.
Speaker 9: Uh yeah, I've got yeah, I've got a Scottish.
Speaker 3: It's coming through a Dakoda. Guy, it's got a freeview box.
Speaker 9: It must yeah, it must be already hooked up to the sky. I don't have the sky.
Speaker 3: Have you looked at it today in no, no, no, I haven't been working because a lot of people since today their freeview is no longer working because it wasn't competible this morning before. You'd be good.
Speaker 9: Yeah, okay. Also, there's been a bit of a hack up a leaf field.
Speaker 3: And look, I apologize to people. Keep asking about what the situation is there and I haven't done anything.
Speaker 9: Okay, there's any bit of a hack up and there's a phone pole like snapped about.
Speaker 3: Is it resolved?
Speaker 4: We know it?
Speaker 9: You're about an hour ago.
Speaker 3: No, it hadn't been Okay, who's the provider?
Speaker 9: I wouldn't have clothes, no.
Speaker 27: Victim.
Speaker 10: It could be yeah, I'm not sure.
Speaker 9: Sorry, it's a lot very good anyway.
Speaker 3: No, okay, I've had a number of dis and I've been bad about that. I should have got people Leathfield. Do we have as there that for KICKO junctions? Copy that? Yeah, I'm on the face.
Speaker 26: Very nice.
Speaker 3: Okay. It was a car going into it. Ah, yes, okay, appreciate that. Thanks again. So it seems to me you wouldn't need a new free view, a new smart tv, a new freeview box, because if the smart TV's already got it, that ads to further confusion. Oh another topic also too, Sophie Ellis bigstor you know her murder on the dance Floyd, but you better not kill the groove. Hey, hey, hey, hey, it's murder on the dance floor. Bey not steal my moves. Her children are getting bullied at school for not because their mother's a singer or anything like that. They're getting buried at school because they have red hair, which seems to be one of those perennial things that people feel that they are treated differently because of Yep, she's got four kids. I don't quite know why people feel that. It's probably okay. I sometimes think that old JK. Rowling has a bit to do with that, with the whole Weasley's with their red hair, because everyone's you know, it's the Weasley's when you see a family with red here and something like that. So anyway, I don't know what you want to comment on that. If you actually got a hard time for having read here, it seems to almost be the last best in of something you can actually give people a hard time for with consequences.
Speaker 27: People.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty happy with that at all. But anyway, I'd be curious to know about that if you've been given a hard time for being someone with red hair. I won't say some of the nicknames for that because it would be perpetuating, it, wouldn't it. Greg, It's Marcus welcome.
Speaker 36: You're good, Greg. Yeah, So this preview carry on, been been listening in. So people just need to understand a little bit about how it's delivered and how it comes to them. So it can come by different ways, down by the satellite, which is where all the problems have come by, UH, which I think they're shutting head down too, so that's an area on your rotten off the sky dish, or it could come by their insta so through the preview. It can all be on your TV, but some of your smart TVs they only pick it up if you've got a dish, not through the uh beds most of them. So it's also you've sort of got to understand a little bit about it, not just expected to go.
Speaker 14: You know, the.
Speaker 36: It's a bit of a hint of the name free view. So you know you've got to do the work yourself, beyond somebody else to do the work.
Speaker 27: You pay for that.
Speaker 36: So if you you know you can't expected just to go for nothing for you know, all the more costs money to satellights.
Speaker 3: You know, how do they make their money?
Speaker 36: So I don't get what I suppose you.
Speaker 3: I don't know if that they're on a gentleman's agreement or quite how it all goes. But you're fair enough, okay. Oh, so they're getting rid of the U h F are they?
Speaker 12: Well?
Speaker 36: Yeah, I think it's it's on the way out as more becoming satellite you know, with EMPNY satellites up me nowadays, it's probably be happening. The easier way to deliver it, you know, it's less to phthography issues, things like that. So you may get into every nook and training. When I've got in the country.
Speaker 3: Are you a sky technician, Greg, are you involved in that?
Speaker 36: I used to be a computer technician, but now I've been on the track so bit of a career change, I guess you'd call it so. But no enough to get into trouble, but not always enough to.
Speaker 10: Get out of it.
Speaker 3: Because I wonder how long satellite transmission will still be a thing when everything's going to the inset. It's got to be. It's got to be sunset technology, hasn't it.
Speaker 24: Uh?
Speaker 36: Yeah, I would have thought there, But I don't know. I think it's going to carry on just because fiber and broadband just doesn't have to reach you know, too much rural and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: So in the farm and the farmers, the farmers want their rugby a.
Speaker 36: Absolutely, you know, ain't got to got to watch the theavs. But you know, it's all about how you want it delivered. We built in your house about five years ago and I didn't put in any hereels or sky District in. Then it's all delivered through broadband. You know, we're lucky we're on fliber so pizza cake but yeah, to the three view app. But there's also you know the TV n Z and AP and the TV three ANP but almost so you know, it's all different different ways of clipping the same thing, you know, so you've sort of got to understand a bit of it to to be able to know what you're asking for or what you want. You know, go on in the days where people give you a service, you're still got it up but yourself.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately, I think it seized. By the time of twenty twenty two, eighty seven percent of the countries on fiber or ultra fast broadband. So but yeah, it'll be the thirteen percent that are in the country that needs to Saidlite.
Speaker 36: Ah, well they're wrong, but you know that's that's where we're going on being using a bit of starling, said Aline lately for a different thing that I get up too. And you know that's buddy, amazing little little panel tideler. You know eight three bit of paper. You put that outside and it points to the sky and pressed though you've got into the na in the middle of the day where the guy that I was running with we am driving through it down and don't even down the middle march no cell phone coverage. He's on his phone quite heavily. That it's all gown through into the court.
Speaker 18: You know.
Speaker 36: So technology is there. Technology is not going away. Hey, we've we've got to you know, we've got to learn to understand it. We're going to learn what we what we're using. If it was going to go away, fine hide under your off for another few years till it's gone. But it's not going anywhere. So the sooner you understand what you've got, then you embrace it. The easier and better. It's going to be easy for the older generation. But with thet My mother in law the other day, you know, she's ninety two and she wanted to stream the Sunday mess and she brings us up on her phone and cast it to the TV. And she'd just be a run rings around me. So it can't be done, you know, don't hide behind that. Oh, I don't know. There's just an excuse for I don't want to find.
Speaker 3: Out forty about that, David, I pushed the wrong button. Welcome David to Marcus. Good evening.
Speaker 26: I'm man evening, Marcus. Hey, the UHF has been gone from the major cities in Chrostier and you've quite well Chrostiersalkland, Webington, Duneeden will work on terrestrial TV, which still utilizes the roof aerial. It doesn't have to be a disc. Your digital TVs are all terrestrials and the the terrestrial part is part of the starlink as well. You know how you can get your textas from basically anywhere in the country, no matter where you are. You can pick up your teeses on the one network. Yes, that's terrestrial satellites, so low orbiting satellites, not the high high ones. Yes, and also those are the same ones that you're finding is the biggest growth in the internet market for people getting your internet service rurally through low orbiting.
Speaker 3: Satellites makes sense, doesn't it.
Speaker 26: Yeah, and sky is now running on the water intablit system.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 26: So yeah, so it's not the UA chief has been going, going and going for a long time. It's very very view spaces that haven't left anymore.
Speaker 5: But your.
Speaker 26: Your aeriel still picks up the low warping satellite transmissions.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 19: Okay, you don't need.
Speaker 26: Don't need line of sight to the porthills or anything like that, sure gore hell or anything like that.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 3: Are you a technician?
Speaker 26: No, But I just had the TV changed because of the Skybox change. So when with the dongle waption, which is actually better bit of use to me. But if you don't need big black box, just we almost like a Google Chrome cast item.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, and it's it's all worked out after the change, yes, today or this morning?
Speaker 26: Yeah, perfect, no problem whatsoever.
Speaker 19: You'd be happy with that, very very happy.
Speaker 28: Yep.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what that those that one in there, that's the company, isn't it right, that's the one. Yes, you can't stand their TVs. Okay, you've seen that one with a guy who meets his adoptive. I can't even work it out. Yeah, it drives me crazy anyway, that's just me. Thank you for that. Oh, a lot of discussions about red here. Someone said Putin had red here when younger. I don't know that's true.
Speaker 29: I don't think.
Speaker 3: Russians had read here. I suppose they did. We want to talk about that also. That's the backup topic for tonight. We had problems with our skybox a short time ago. Switched to a skypod, which is like one of the new TV sticks. There's or the TV channels like the skybox, but runs only on your home network. There you go. I don't know what to make of that. The storm is coming, strong winds, no rain up the country, yep. Oh eight hundred and eight nine two to texts. If you want to come through, Richard, it's Marcus welcome.
Speaker 10: I don't suppose you know where this is from.
Speaker 25: What I.
Speaker 10: Find there's something we can agree agree on after all these years. As the content of the one New Zealand ad.
Speaker 3: What does he touch that guy on the back. I can't work it out.
Speaker 10: I've got no idea what you're on about, you know, and they're trying to make.
Speaker 3: It go viral. I mean they both seems so unlikable.
Speaker 10: I know.
Speaker 3: Anyway, And he shows his teto and the other guy puts his thumb on it. What's that?
Speaker 34: It's like, what.
Speaker 3: Are you in agreement with me?
Speaker 10: Yeah? That's my call. That's why I called.
Speaker 3: I've stroken for every one.
Speaker 10: After all these years, we can find something to agree about.
Speaker 3: Have we disagreed in the past?
Speaker 10: Maybe?
Speaker 3: Okay, I'll watch it more closely. I mean even sick. I probably say it normally during the Warriors, but I mean I won't be watching them again for a while. This makes me too angry. Where's their belief? Where's their self belief? And they'll win a couple of close ones again this year, but they won't be in the top eight. Do we know what's happening to Shan's Is he going to the Catalan bulls or something? We need a bit of calms out of them as well. Then it tell us what's going on with them. That's my take. If you want to be in touch before the news, that's good or after the news, that's also good. But Hittle twelve o'clock eight hundred and eighty ten eighty. Oh, I was gonna say about more about the storm, wasn't I? But I haven't got a lot more information about that yet. It's been up raided the tropical cyclone tim Tam. It's actually just tropical cyclone TAM. Two weather systems are on track to collide, bring intense conditions that could see large and powerful swells and lane closures on the harbor. They love a lane closure. Good evening, Jackets, Marcus, welcome.
Speaker 28: Hi.
Speaker 5: Look, some misinformation has been given the when you talk back about the satellite and the change over from one satellite to another. Yes, and on a tech on licensed for satellites, I mean I'm licensed to uplink yes as well as received and you can ask me any question to like, but what do you what do you want to know? That's that's factual.
Speaker 3: What's the misinformation?
Speaker 5: Jack Well? The guy says low orbit satellites whatever, that the signals coming. It's absolute crap. What's happened is that sound like D two is in GEO station the orbit and it's running, running out of fuel and it's starting to wander, so it wanders out of what your dish can receive. So they've changed over to sound like called Korea Set, and in doing so, they've changed a few of the parameters on the down link. On the down link feed and most of the channels like one, two and three will work just fine even in the older boxes, but the digital signal that they're sending down on the sky they piggyback ol jaes Eira I think Eden plus or whatever on what's.
Speaker 3: Called just just take on the check. I have to come back. I don't know if you're hanging out all after the news. We're right on the cusp there, and please there's water talk, but just hang on if you will. I'll come back to after this break. Yeah, thanks for hanging on there. Jack. You're talking about what happened with Freeview that was on that satellite and when the switch over, what happened with that.
Speaker 5: Well, just to understand, the last caller was going on about lower satellites.
Speaker 3: I didn't really I wasn't really paying attention to him, but.
Speaker 5: Yeah, right, right, So there's the satellite we're talking about. There's actually three of what's called Lord or Slot thirty three thousand kilometers above the Earth, and they're traveling at the same speed as the Earth rotates, yes, so they look like they're in the same spot yep. So what's happened is they've changed satellites because what's called D two is run out of fuel if they can't keep it the same spot, so they have you have what's fading because it keeps drifting. So they've changed over to careers At now. In doing that, they all so change the frequency. Just like tuning your radio of the Sky Open Eden plus three in Oldazra if you could get Old Gazeerra before, you can still get at the game because it uses a slightly later format which is more efficient digitally for sending the data down. So what you're going to do is you've got to tune your satellite box to find those channels Al Jazeera and Sky Open and whatever. And they have moved frequency slightly. Must be because of a characteristic with the satellite. One of the other problems of that satellite too, is that it was never designed to be to cover New Zealand and parts of Australia. It was Koreas that sort of spells it was really for the northern hemisphere. What they managed to do is focus it on New Zealand and the East coast of Australia. You could sort of imagine if you shyly get tortured a distance at the Earth. Because it's transmits slightly different and the antennas are slightly different, some parts of New Zealand will sort of miss out of it. And I understand the West coast the signal was a little bit lower.
Speaker 28: Sky was.
Speaker 5: Distributing those more sixty centimeter dishes well.
Speaker 10: On the perimeter.
Speaker 5: They may not be big enough to get a good signal. And with digital either in or out, you don't sort of get that hazy. It's either locks or not. And people would have seen that when they get thunderstorm whatever, the picture just freezes. It's not sort of hazy or do you think it just either in or out. But if you could get oldazera before you can get the new, the new satellite, well it's an old second nd satellite being utilized, and you need to get your satellite box to find that. There's usually the menu system to look for it, and so if you can get it before, you'll get it again. It's just that you've got to train your sat top box to look for it.
Speaker 3: You've got the questions know the places that they had the discs when adequate was far north, far parts of Southland, half the bottom of Southland and on the east coast was where they have given people larger dishes because the current dishes weren't big enough. That seems to be the three regions where they've done that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well I suggest you get somebody with a satellite met which can test the strength and you might need to go to a slightly bigger's not that expensive.
Speaker 3: Well, Sky themselves, the Sky themselves have approached Sky them because I'm and Bluff and Sky has come around and replaced all the dishes. They've been proactive with that.
Speaker 5: You were all about the Freeview people that they don't subscribe.
Speaker 3: Oh, I see about Freeview. Well, for they're saying that Freevian needs to go and buy a new Freeview box.
Speaker 5: No, not necessarily, if you can know that, but that's what I'm.
Speaker 3: Saying on the on their website if they if they go to those channels or haven't got the right brands.
Speaker 5: Yeah, look, if you if you can get the Elder zero before or Sky Open, you don't need a new box. You just need to be able to retune it. But if you couldn't get it before. You won't get it again because they use the Sky on those channels. They use the Sky format for for the downlinks so that you could receive it, and that's slightly different than TV one, TV two and TV three. So yeah that you you don't need a new box, you need a bigger dish. It's all to do with single streak and to be able to decode it.
Speaker 3: So yeah, and you a you freeview box could be cheaper than a new dish, couldn't it.
Speaker 5: Hey, you can pick up dishes for fifty bucks one hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: Seventy five dollars the one that's going to work apparently.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but if your dish is not big enough, the box won't help.
Speaker 3: Okay, that'll be tomorrow night jack. I've got to run, but thank you our thirteen past eleven, eight hundred eighty ten eighty nine text. Keep it going people. I was completely unaware of my Sky said I'd switch over my two I TVs and wondered what wasn't working with Sky informed me that all I had to do was leave the baron to my skybox before switch over. I wouldn't have had an issue. Now I've got the headache of trying to get it sort of a good one. Sky, I think I've just lost a customer. Oh, Marcus, I have had I have not had problems with my TV, but I run on the net am my older TV off freeview box. But I can I can't read that. Get in touch with you? Do you want to talk about anything else tonight? Also too, including to the rough time you've received because of being a redhead. Sophia I speaks to all who children school's are misery apparently because they are red headed. She was the Brett Stae When was her hit two thousand and one?
Speaker 30: Was it.
Speaker 3: Children have been bullied at school because of their red hair? Yep, because you're not blending in you get the second school. Anything that marks you out becomes the thing you'll be teased about. Yep, kids of different shades of red. Chee says, there you go, although it doesn't see some Paul Tomato school or anything. Do you know what the glad Rab company was fine for? The glad Rab company was fine because I said fifty percent of their plastic was made from sea plastic. But it was and it was junk plastic from land based landfills. Yeah, looked a bit sketchy that one. I wasn't aware of the promotion for those products, but that's that also. Yeah, Paul, it's Marcus.
Speaker 19: Good evening, Jimmy.
Speaker 32: Here are you going good?
Speaker 3: Paul? How are you going?
Speaker 32: Not so bad? They look a really dumb question, right, I mean, because they closed this bridge all the time, right, and I'm on the shore. Does the mayor actually hold the right of power to say the bridge is open? Or has he got no power at all? The only reason I'm asking this is because you're probably more upskilled with counsel than most. Has he got the right to say the bridge is open? Or is it up to someone else to go?
Speaker 3: No, I'd say I'd say quite rightly that he'd have no say whatsoever because it'd be inded into Ta's call. That would be my take.
Speaker 32: Wow, So if if the bridge, if something really bad happened, the mayor wouldn't have any say what's the weather on the bridge or a building or anything.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't think so, because he's got no experience for that. He's not a.
Speaker 30: No.
Speaker 3: I think that would be that there would be strict limits to what would the bridge, particularly since the truck went into one of the side things and weakened it. There would be a certain level. If the wind gets to that height, you can't go over it. That will be my take.
Speaker 27: Yeah.
Speaker 32: And that truck that went into the wind. Yeah, yeah, it had no weight in it. I mean, and there've been a bit bloody flaky on that stuff, to be fair, ever since there happened.
Speaker 3: Yes, but it wasn't do they close it much. They just drop down some lanes.
Speaker 32: They dropped down lanes and then they shut it.
Speaker 3: Okay, how many times have they shut it?
Speaker 32: A dozen? Okay over the last five years.
Speaker 3: Okay, so it's part of the next You're gonna go around the upper Harbor, don't you? In the extra hour?
Speaker 32: Yeah? Yeah, but what I was here? But someone must have control.
Speaker 34: So who's the person.
Speaker 32: That has control? And I would have thought that would have been the mayor that said there's a contrast a catastrophy in Auckland. These streets are shut Thames for Harbor Bridge. It doesn't seem that it's consistent, but.
Speaker 3: It's the nz TA A, the people that operate the bridge.
Speaker 32: Yeah, I just yeah, I don't know. You make has So are you.
Speaker 3: Worried about what do you think the do you think it'd be good of the mayor could control Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 7: Kind?
Speaker 32: I mean he controls the city.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but motorways are different.
Speaker 8: Hmm.
Speaker 32: I don't know.
Speaker 3: But do you do you think beneath all of this pool do you think they are closing it negligent or they're they're closure happy. They're closing it to often.
Speaker 32: If you sneezed, they would close it. It gets over sixty k seventy k our winds they shut the bridge.
Speaker 3: So you don't believe the science. You don't believe it's dangerous if it's blowing more than that, No, it's not dangerous.
Speaker 32: I don't think it is, Marcus Hope.
Speaker 3: But the bridges, the bridge is old. The bridge is old and weakened.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 32: You they haven't proposed anything else, have they?
Speaker 18: No?
Speaker 3: No, which is just because we our political system means every six or nine years we change and the people promise something, but then they don't do it. There's there's no car By part wasn't getting together fork projects like bridges.
Speaker 32: Yeah, but they wanted a cycle way, which.
Speaker 3: Was a damn good idea, but the Nimbi's at North Point got up in arms about it.
Speaker 32: Oh, I know, well I'm not sure about that.
Speaker 3: Oh No, people get triggered by cycle ways because they think it's the end. But that's just interference. Thank you. Paul twenty eight past eleven. Should have asked him how a skydish was jump in. If you do want to talk, I can't tell you much about so. Oh actually I can do a Google search for cyclone tam on its way. But the strong winds and rain could start as early as first thing tomorrow. Well, I think a strong winds have already started. I think it's over Vanawa too. Hello, Michael, it's Marcus. Welcome.
Speaker 10: Hey Marcus.
Speaker 3: Hi Michael.
Speaker 10: How are you doing?
Speaker 3: Michael?
Speaker 10: That's the one. I obviously had a bit more interesting things to talk about for me. But anyway, it's about it's about the freeview, the preview, and someone probably would be answer it. Someone nearly probably has already. But I lost on the preview. I lost the Al Jazeera and the Sky. Yeah that was quite a while ago, maybe almost over half a year ago. But I still got all the other channels, and so that's on a little old freeview box.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 10: Now I don't even get any signal at all for any of the channels when you search for them and you push the different buttons and you go for the different modes. I'm pretty sure that means that I would need a new preview box.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's my take. That's and you can go on the website and it tells you. It tells you. Look, I've got the website in front of me. Okay, So here it goes. If you've tuned in through a satellite dish and experience and experiations following the simple steps. Right, are you tuned in through a satellite dish? Yes? Yes, if you lost all channels. If you've lost all channels, check if you need the upgrade. Most TV's and tellight box will continue working after this update. However, some satellite boxes have lasted many years and run on updated technology which won't work with the transmission from new satellite. There are many of the older boxes left. If you have one, it's time to upgrade. Check your box. That's it, and it says.
Speaker 10: Check your TV, dish, TV or something.
Speaker 3: Check if your satellite box should still work. The following sellite box are expected to work once they're on the new satellite. What number comes after dish TV?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I have to turn them back on again. But it's it's I think, well, usually there was a frequency thing and it's just not even coming to I mean.
Speaker 3: It goes on to there's got a number of Dish TV TVs that should work. It then says it then says, please factory reset if you've lost Sky Open, Al Jazeera, Bravo and Eden one, which you have. Right, you have done all that, so you've got the factory reset and you've got to click on Dish TV Support to see how to do that.
Speaker 10: Yeah, mine's optic, something opt two or something.
Speaker 3: I've clicked on Dish Knowledge. What's your one?
Speaker 10: Well, I'll turn it on then and we'll anyhow, it's it's a bit better. I haven't really had the nerve to talk about anything else when you do call. But now this is something right down my alley today because I just come home and it was like what the heck? And I thought, oh, to other TV. I've got another room and that's it does work because it's more of a modern TV. This one here is in the room and I just have to go over to my.
Speaker 11: This goes on.
Speaker 10: So I'm in Wakato, New Zealand, go to tuning Tuning Wizard what what was I need to find out? The Dish TV installation system setting? H I really, I don't know what am I looking for? Again, I don't know factory default, I've done all that. Do you want to do it? And yeah, Dish TV anyway, it's it says it's technical support here, but I don't think I think it's this is just a very old thing and anyway, that's that's about all I can I thought someone might say, yeah, because someone, some guy did talk recently. He says, if you used to get Algazeira and sky open, it should it should be working af as long as you're just doing new wiz, doing new.
Speaker 3: Issue, and please reset. If you've lost those, you go to a practy reset.
Speaker 33: Yeah.
Speaker 10: But my my thing is that half a year ago I lost those on this day I used to get them, and then they went off and I got it. I had everything else. I'm thinking this is a long term, but it's been this thing's been happening for a while maybe and then well you've.
Speaker 3: Been to go yeah, okay, Well Michael, yeah, good luck with that. Even Marcus, welcome.
Speaker 10: Harry Marcus.
Speaker 3: Good even now, I.
Speaker 27: Thought I heard on one of your news bulletins that those clop On lanes are past few years by day.
Speaker 3: Are they?
Speaker 27: I think so? Getting close? Okay, And then I was just going to mention the porpoishows last Sunday and Prettige Bay. How many, Ah, hard to say how many? Maybe fifty sixty up.
Speaker 3: By the causeway all the way through the bay.
Speaker 27: They were chasing the big, big lot of piltures around. Gee.
Speaker 3: So they went right up towards the.
Speaker 27: Like, right right up to wharf road.
Speaker 4: Gee.
Speaker 27: Yeah, it was a good, good little display.
Speaker 3: Brilliant up towards the dirt track that way.
Speaker 30: Ah.
Speaker 27: They sort of stopped at the the I don't know if you knew where the old houseboat used to sit.
Speaker 9: Yes, between Anzac and wharf Road.
Speaker 27: They went to a sort of about that far and back out the bay round the place.
Speaker 10: They stayed in here all day.
Speaker 5: Three here all day with a big patch of pilches.
Speaker 3: I've never really seen porpoises and Putticky Bay at all.
Speaker 13: Really.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they've been in here a few times, okay, because we spent We spent until I.
Speaker 27: Thought i'd let you know, but you some information.
Speaker 3: How are you even fifty? Hard to count fifty or sixty?
Speaker 27: Right, yes, yeah, it's hard to count, but there's a pretty big part in here.
Speaker 3: Okay, good to hear. Yeah, we get them off into the Old Bluff Harbor. But yeah, anyway, that's neither here nor there. I don't you ever get amounts that would be that big. I haven't seen a ceiling there for a while. Good evening, Timmitt's Marcus, welcome, Hey Marcus, something.
Speaker 34: Not too sure you're tracking the storm that's coming out with?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, what are you tracking it on?
Speaker 10: Well?
Speaker 34: Just really okay, yeah, just updating myself. And looks like it's going to miss the North Island. But as you know in the past, the canteens trajectory, and.
Speaker 3: I think even though it's coming down the west of the North Island, the way it's going, it's bringing all that rain across to the North Island. So there's going to be a ton of rain in any way and strong winds.
Speaker 34: I would think, yeah, well one hundred kilometers are now in the far North there, but I'm not too sure if you know this, Marcus, We've had quite a deep rout here in the North.
Speaker 3: Where are you are you in the Far North?
Speaker 10: Tom?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 34: Yeah, I am now okay, I live up in a small town called Kyle.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, yeah, I'm familiar with.
Speaker 34: That, yeap, just before Cape Ringer. So yeah, we're expecting actually we need to down for because the graild up here has just been horrendous.
Speaker 3: But it's a mixed blessing for you, isn't Kyle? Isn't it flood prone?
Speaker 19: Oh?
Speaker 34: Very flood prone. I mean the last time, you know, when it was a cycling Gabriel that came to you. Yes, because of the lowlands and whatnot around here, it just fills up like nobody's business, like a bathtub. And and this is you know, this as news that we've just heard in the last couple of days about this film. So I could intensify when it comes past the far north ye Friday, Yeah, I.
Speaker 3: So is it you're is it raining there now?
Speaker 10: Sorry?
Speaker 3: Is it raining where you are?
Speaker 27: Now?
Speaker 28: Uh?
Speaker 34: It's truthly, it's truly. It's not too bad at the moment, but you know, you prepare for the wist for the prest don't.
Speaker 3: And there's quite strong winds, quite strong.
Speaker 34: Winds, very strong ones. What like Midsiphus was saying, is looking at a hundred kilometers winds?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would imagine it's going to be a requiet easter in the north. I don't know if that's good or bad for you, but I think probably the orchards will be staying home, won't they. They're not going to be heading off into that because it looks I mean, you know you don't want a holiday where it's wet, do you.
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 34: Yeah, yes, yes, it would be great if they didn't come in their droves. But I'm just hoping the local businesses king cope. Does they really rely on this stuff? Shappy in the finals?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it'll be important for them, but I can't work out what's going to happen. Okay, we'll stay in touch the next day or so as well. But yeah, okay, did you say this window? There's not much that wind.
Speaker 34: Yet, not much shit, but you can kind of senten's brewing.
Speaker 3: Okay, here's someone else said. That's nice to hear from you. Thank you, Andrew, Marcus.
Speaker 28: Welcome, good evening, Marcus. How are you this evening?
Speaker 3: Good? Thank you Andrew.
Speaker 28: It's good to hear. I'm the music Andrew that spoke to the other night about a police hour of music things.
Speaker 3: That I have.
Speaker 28: Oh yeah, do you remember ye?
Speaker 3: Like radio.
Speaker 6: What was it?
Speaker 28: Yeah, the CD players and old stuff and that sort of thing. What we're asking about redheads? Do they get much hassle? Yeah, So I've got a little bit of experience about fifty five years where it's been a red hit. Although not it's not that I am anymore. My lovely older sister said to me the other day, you know, you wouldn't know you're a red head anymore. You're completely gray.
Speaker 3: Are you glad about that?
Speaker 28: Lovely? Nah, it doesn't worry me. You know, I accept my age.
Speaker 32: I am.
Speaker 28: I'm liking my maturity that I'm finding. I'm quite accepting of my age. Life certainly moving on. It was my dad's eighty ninth birthday on Friday, and my four old mom passed away not quite two months ago at age eighty six. Well, you know, life's moving on. So that's quite a good ripe old age.
Speaker 3: And I guess if you're a red head. I guess if you're a red head and you go gray, then you don't die. You're here read to keep going with that color, do you.
Speaker 18: No.
Speaker 28: It's like somebody else said to me, if they smoke the fire, so let yourself and the other people. I think of work that out. But you know I did get hassled when I was younger, and it didn't.
Speaker 14: Really worry me.
Speaker 28: I've been called read by a few friends, or but only a few close friends. You know. I had another workmate you've made me reminisce about something, reminisce about somebody I've worked with them. He used to tease me a bit, but in a good way, you know what I mean, in an adult way. So he'd called me either like blood nuts or pant pants or period head.
Speaker 3: Oh hell, okay, there.
Speaker 28: Was There was two brothers and a father ran this business, a solid plastering business, and.
Speaker 10: You know it was all cheap.
Speaker 3: You probably see them now.
Speaker 28: Oh, you know, you got to if you can't have a laugh at what you're doing in your job, and you know it is a.
Speaker 3: Laughing so is it. It's not actually even when then the boss is in there.
Speaker 28: But I mean, you know, if you can't laugh at you see our feither, then you've got a problem, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: You know, good to hear for me, and we're going to get the others before the news. But nice stuff. Thank you, Brett Marcus, welcome.
Speaker 33: Good evening, Marcus. Yeah, I'm at work at the moment.
Speaker 5: I'll be working all night.
Speaker 33: I'm in Katia, I'm working in the mill. Just wanted to know what the wind speeds could get up to if possible, because we've got to keep our log piles to a minimum tonight and the chip piles.
Speaker 3: Of course, this is a hundred k's. But how big are the chips?
Speaker 28: Oh?
Speaker 14: Probably?
Speaker 33: I don't know the size of a snack biscuit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, okay, so they're smaller than the biscuit that's saw on the chips that see on the wolfs. Okay, Look, I don't know what the answer is there, Greg, you mean yeah, but I think it's a hundred k's Okay.
Speaker 33: I heard Tim from Kyo talking and he's monitoring. It would be good if he could sort of now. But that means yes, to stay up all night and yeah, and just give a bit of a bit of a forecast on the wind speeds or something, you know, because we're sort of preparing for it at the at work here tonight.
Speaker 3: What are you supposed to do with the wood chips?
Speaker 33: We make panel board out of it.
Speaker 3: But if the wouldn't get too strong, you're supposed to not bring them inside or I mean, you wouldn't be able to do too much, could you.
Speaker 33: Oh no, No, We've got a bit of a mountain here anyway, so some of it will blow away or blow around, but all and all, we've still got to have enough.
Speaker 3: Okay, we'll see if I got one more called Greek? But thank you. Britt's Marcus Brittan. Yeah, who's Greg? It's Marcus welcome.
Speaker 14: Yeah, it's Greek here, Marcus. How are you good?
Speaker 8: Greek?
Speaker 3: Thank you?
Speaker 14: That's the way I've got a I've lost freeview. I'm in the far North and I've lost Freeview. I've got a two year old TV and a two year old Freeview box, and I just sort of I've got no channels at all. And I heard the guy before saying that you didn't need you just need to reprogram or change things to you could use both the TV and the freeview.
Speaker 10: Is that right?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I don't know what you're supposed to do with that, though. I think he's going to reach you in your box to see if it works.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I've tried that, and I just wondered whether I would have to reposition the aeriel Like.
Speaker 3: No one's saying that yes, that has been mentioned at all. But if it's a new, if it's if it's just a fairly recent freeview thing, you should be fine with it. But yeah, there are have you got the internet?
Speaker 14: No, no, I'm in the finals so it hasn't come up our road or anything yet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I'm not entirely. I don't want to give you much more advice because it's it all seems slightly confusing. But if you can, have you turned off at the wall.
Speaker 14: They have tried that. That's the first thing. I try that with every device, mate.
Speaker 3: I think the worst thing is it's only about seventy five bucks for a new dakoder. But it's going to be a pain if that doesn't work, isn't it.
Speaker 14: Yeah, well the thing is a couple of years old, so it's that. I suppose it's like a mobile phone. When you say it.
Speaker 3: Should still be fine, they said, because they've got a lot of the They've got a big list of all the brands that should still be good with the new one, and I think yours is probably one of those. It must just need a retune.
Speaker 14: It's actually got a number on the front of it. I heard you talking about the number.
Speaker 10: What is it?
Speaker 3: I'm not haven't got a lot of time left. But what's the well, let me just say if I quickly bring up the number. Yeah, I'm on the website.
Speaker 14: Now tell me the number yep F eighty one zero zero z C.
Speaker 3: Does it say dish something dish TV.
Speaker 14: Yeah, it does, says Dish TV right above it.
Speaker 3: And then what's the number.
Speaker 14: Eighty one zero zero z C.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a good ye haven't expected to Yeah, Dish TV is a one hundred z A Z is expected to work.
Speaker 14: Okay?
Speaker 3: And please, I finally got someone to read their numbers. Yeah, No, you're good to go.
Speaker 14: No, who who'd you talking before about the numbers? I thought i'd be prepared.
Speaker 3: You've made, You've made the night. You're good to go. So you've got to please factory reset.
Speaker 14: Okay.
Speaker 3: And I don't know what that. I don't know what that. I don't know what that means. Great, but you have to get a teenager. That's it for me. I should return tomorrow.
Speaker 27: Good luck.
Speaker 1: For more from Marcus Slash Nights, listen live to news talks there'd be from eight pm weekdays, or follow the podcast on iHeartRadio