Speaker 1: Live from the Export Beer Garden Studio and brought to you, as always by Export Ultra. The bear for here. This is the Agenda Podcast for Tuesday, the tenth of September. The Agenda Podcast, the home of Sporting Nonsense and clap Trap, brought to you by Export Ultra. We are in. We've moved the entire Export Ultra Beer Garden into the Haaky Studios. We've had to kick out Matt and Jerry and we're sitting in there in their seats because something pretty exciting's going on at our studio.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're getting a renovation of the acc studio and you described it yesterday actually because we emptied the studio out and anyone who's seen pictures of the a SEC studio it is like a teenage boys bedrooms slash clubrooms.
Speaker 1: If you ever had that mate whose house had like a basement or a garage that you could hang out and the parents are just like, just go out there and don't come back in again, That's what it was like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we emptied the whole thing and for the first time in probably four years, opened the curtains. Yeah, and it was very similar to a scene a strip club under full light.
Speaker 1: Yes it was.
Speaker 2: There were stains we could hadn't seen before. Oh my god, there was dust everywhere it was.
Speaker 1: We we had put a It was quite nostalgic going through all of the stains that we unearthed by way of seeing all the memories. There was this weird stain that looked like bleach had hit the floor in one corner of the studio and apparently that was from a time where Matt he fell asleep in the corner of the studio.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he spelt as he fell asleep, he spelt something.
Speaker 1: I don't know what it was, something that had a bleaching effect on the carpet, which, yeah, so it can't have just been beer or champagne because that's all over the place, So I don't know what that was. There was two fragile stickers that had been placed down as markers on the floor and had baked into the carpet to wear. The carpet then said fragile ones. We pulled the stickers off. There a mystery stains all across the walls and the ceiling of the studio.
Speaker 2: I know they're not mystery. That's World Test Championship champagne.
Speaker 1: My friend.
Speaker 2: That that is, we sprayed it all all over the studio when we won that World Test Championship. Six days of staying up all night, and it culminated in that and I remember Heath and I covered Jason Hoyt and champagne. Yeah, and when all up the walls on the roof, it was dripping from the ceiling.
Speaker 1: And I mean, I'm sure I'm not giving too much away here when I say that that background behind us actually a green screen just to pull you inside the magic of television. And the green screen doesn't work that well because it is covered in champagne, which it's more a brown screen, which, if you've never seen before, it leaves a fealthy brown stain. It's not it's not like golden or anything. Then the one that was concerning me is and I'd never seen it until used today. It's on the outside of the studio. Up the front wall, there's an ACC logo, then up the top there's like another brown liquid. Did the celebrations spill out into the ad That could have been?
Speaker 2: That could have been during our hostile days when we were at war with Flavor Radio Station, which is right next to Yees. He says, we're throwing stuff at us and we locked ourselves in.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, so when we're under dures. That started when you threw a dildo from across the room and it stuck to the flavor sign.
Speaker 2: I mean, and just wabbled for about ten minutes.
Speaker 1: It's such a height that no one could fetch it down from there. That was quite powerful. So yeah, we've got you know, for all the bitching and morning we do about our own studio, we've finally done something about it. Yeah, and when's that gonna be ready? Next week? Next week? Yes, so look out.
Speaker 2: Obviously it means it would mean absolutely nothing to people listening to podcasts, but it'll make us feel better about ourselves.
Speaker 1: Well, no, to the hundred people that watch it on YouTube, that's true. That's going to change everything.
Speaker 2: We could we could see the numbers, mumbers maybe double yeah.
Speaker 1: That's right. We'll be up sort of around the two hundreds, which is sort of mister Beast areas. Yeah, actually, release a chocolate I think we're going to have to burger and energy drink yeah yeah, yeah, fuck yeah, all that kind of stuff. We're just going to really target children with our marketing strategies, and as we were walking in here. Obviously met Jerry is still recording their podcast and they had David Nick in here, so I had to come in and spark him out and then drag his corpse out of the studio. And then as you walked in, united that we had relapsed back into the Cassowary chat. Yes.
Speaker 2: I walked down on zoning about and he goes, you guys still talking about fighting kangaroos and cassiarris and you're like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, we're straight back into it because he posted this morning. So if you haven't listened, to go back and listened to the podcast that we did with him. We talked about what's the biggest animal you could fight in a one on one cage fight? And he then posted a video to social media the next day discussing the exact same thing. Well, what the fuck is this? Turns out he had filmed that like months ago and it only released it. He was like, it was so bizarre that you guys brought up what's the biggest animal you could beat in a cage fight? Because he had talked about it months ago but hadn't released the video yet. And I said, it's not bizarre, and it's not a fluke, because we talked about it all the time. That's all I think about. It consumes me. And so he somebody sent him after that, sent him a picture of a castle where his claw and said, does that guy still think he could better castle? So he posted on as a scrap story. You can go and have a look at it now, depending on when you listen to this, and it's big. It's a big bastard. You got to isolate that claw. Haven't you got two claws? They only got two yet. See, you'd be hard pressed if they more than that. But I honestly think, yes, the claw is gonna fuck me up. I'm not gonna knock you out. Though it's not gonna knock me out, you know, it'll open you up. Oh yeah, it'll hurt and I will need serious medical attention after this. But I'm saying fight to the death. I reckon. I went out, How smarter? Don't they famously have brains smaller than their eyes?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean they're birds. They're very, very dumb, and they're also very north south. That's what we were just discussing out in the office. There no lateral movement, no lateral movement and if you can get around, So apparently the book on a kangaroo is if you can get behind a tree, because they have to lean back on their tail for all of the leverage and they have well yeah, either they have to hop around, which is you know, and you're gliding around them at that point them up. So if you can use the tree, either that or get them on their on their heels, because they then will lean on their tail and at that point they can't go anywhere.
Speaker 2: Isn't that when they lean on their tailers when they bring their legs up and do that though.
Speaker 1: But they don't have much like pivot ability, they can't turn, So.
Speaker 2: Get them on its tail and they go round the site then lighted up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I think. They are scary bastards though. Kangaroos. There was when I lived over in Australia the school around the corner from me got shut down because the mobile kangaroos had moved on over the weekend and it's too dangerous to have like kids running around, kids running and we got seven foot great Western red kangaroos in here and they like just can't get rid of themselves.
Speaker 2: Australian's there school shuts.
Speaker 1: Rooms everywhere, fucking everywhere. Yeah, I honestly, I don't think there's a I don't think there's a bird on earth that could beat me in a fire. Ah. Right, that's a big call. Get a bird to sign the contract. I don't think there's Are you throwing out the youth? Are you throwing out the challenge? Are you any bird, any bird that's listening to this, sign the contract. Let's get in the ring, let's figure it out. I think I don't know. I mean, ostriches are scary. They're bigger than Cassowarri's. I haven't got many weapons they have. They the clause again, it's the clause, and like the beak, I've been picked by an ostrich before. It's scary, but it doesn't it's not gonna to knock you out or hurt you. You know, if you can just brace for the fact that an ostrich is about to pick you.
Speaker 2: What about an eagle that you're in the ring and the eagles just diving down scratching your head.
Speaker 1: That's gonna be hard because you're really on its terms at that point, aren't you.
Speaker 2: Because it's not gonna the eagles not dancing with you in the ring, no circling the ring and die bombing you. Yeah, but I suppose you're always paying attention, so you could.
Speaker 1: And all I need to do is get hold of it. Yeah. And then again it's all on because the other thing about an egle is its main weapon is its face. So all I need to do is offer up a hand, you know, and I will lose that hand. Yeah. But once it's bit my hand, the neck game ring its neck, I'll rung a fucking eagle's neck. And you can write that down.
Speaker 2: It must be some fucked up bird in the Amazon somewhere or Metagascar that's would would miss you up.
Speaker 1: Well, I think it's the I think if it's anything, it's the Cassowary. And I think that's David Niko was right to bring up the cassary because it's got the big plated thing on the top of its head and that's how it runs through the bush. And as you said, it can get up to eighty killer's. I don't know if I buy that eighty killer is very heavy.
Speaker 2: That's like, what are you saying. You're saying that adie kilo you couldn't take an adie kilo.
Speaker 1: No, No, I'll stand by my initial clause. Fuck any burd up. I'm just saying I don't know if they do quite get up to Adie Kilo's Now. I would want a full training camp. I don't want. I don't want someone to walk into the studio on Monday with a you know, the the gun. Then I'd like at least a few months, and I'll grant the bird the same.
Speaker 2: So are you going to have ka SATs and Ostrich? You're gonna spar with an ostriche for six weeks in camp?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I think i'd have to. I've watched my missus slap the shit out of an ostrich before and for all intents and purposes, that's allegedly and reportedly.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 1: And you know people have ostriches on farms around the country. Yeah, you know. And I reckon actually reach out ostrich farmers. Let us know.
Speaker 2: Have you ever ever thrown hands?
Speaker 1: Is one ever gotten a little out of hand and you've had to just, you know, course correct the ostrich a little bit? I don't know. I think Okay, I'd like to know. I'd like to know from an ostrich farmer out there, get in touch. One more thing I want to address before Unitto. Some extual sport is changing room etiquet. And I know we've talked about this before, loitering in the changing room. Where do you stand on this? I feel like if you're in the changing room, you need to actively be changing.
Speaker 2: Oh you're talking about gymnasiums, aren't you. Yeah, well you add a notorious gymnasium for loitering with intent.
Speaker 1: Yeah you know what I'm talking about. Yeah you.
Speaker 2: I mean, look, it will remain nameless that first name, Liz, but it is a gym that is renowned for the sauna activity, the spar activity, and loitering.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I'm look, I mean I'm not for loitering.
Speaker 1: No, it brings a real atmosphere into the room, doesn't it. When someone's just sitting in there rubbing their pectoral muscle, that's a sign with a pair of headphones and not getting actively changed. No, no, no, I'm in like tights and shorts. So I just finished a workout and I was just sitting there.
Speaker 2: I in London at Fitness First Covent Garden, which I later found out was a gym renowned for loitering with intent. I was sitting ageing changed and they had hair dryers in there, and I've never seen anyone use a hair dryer because no, dudes don't really use hair dryer.
Speaker 1: Also, that another five minutes you have to be in that room.
Speaker 2: Yeah, until this guy came up full nude, threw one leg up on the bench, full package out, and just started hair drying sex.
Speaker 1: And I was like, dude, like about a meter from my face. He's like, because the shower after the gym, you don't. Actually it's not a great shower. You don't. That's not the cleanest you'll ever be, you know what I mean. Like he's still sweating a little bit. So now he's just blasting his musk across the room at you.
Speaker 2: Know, you get in and out, in and out unless you're there for something else.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right. This is what was creeping me out. I was just like I managed to get in, have my shower, get changed, and leave, and he still hadn't got in the shower yet.
Speaker 2: That's because he didn't give him the right signs he'd give.
Speaker 1: Him that he would have.
Speaker 3: Week.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're on here until he's until he's got what he wanted. I don't think he think he's going to remain in that in that changing room, which, knowing your gym wouldn't be long.
Speaker 1: He just yeah, he just didn't. Just because his hook didn't catch a first didn't mean they weren't vision there. Oh yeah, just before we go to a break. And after the break, by the way, we're going to get on one of the Tasman's biggest fans to to find out just what it means to the Northern South Island region. But before we do, wasn't it supposed to be cricket last night? Yes? Oh my god, what happened?
Speaker 2: It was the full McLean park John McLain park happened in India, drainage shit house. It rained two days before this. It was sunny all day but the outfield was so wet and boggy that they couldn't even play.
Speaker 1: And the forecast is.
Speaker 2: Not great, so showers today, tomorrow looks all right, next day rain. So look, I think this is one for the gods. This is fate that's gonna been this Test match for good because it actually shouldn't.
Speaker 1: Let's be honest, it shouldn't be played. Well, we've taken a stance against the oppressive Taliban regime and we're not commentating it. Yep, it's so. In fact, though I bother even playing it. I did see a photo. So all of the stories are like the it's a new venue, like it's one of the newer venues that they've ever tried to play a test on. And they said the ground staff have been working over time to try and clear all the water out. But the acture they used was ten guys standing around, eight of them in shoes and two dudes with brooms made out of like, you know, like sticks sticks. Yeah. I was like, I think I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt here and say that they actually had proper equipment, but man, that they stretched them up with that. A couple of guys with witches brooms out there trying to get rid of you know me, biblical flooding. It's I don't don't. I don't see a result in this game at all.
Speaker 2: No, so I think they might get some playing today, but the forecast looks terrible and given the fact that the outfield is already sopping, we.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all you're going to do is just roll your ankle, do a hammy. Yeah. One of the I think one of the left ganey dudes did warming up. Yeah, injured himself and then also just quickly England got hammered. Yes, I saw that interesting against Sri Lanka.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Sri Lanka won by eight wickets. England's second innings is a shocker, one fifty six all out and then Sri Lanka chased the target when they lost two wickets.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's interesting as bes ball over the candler.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's just signed up. Cancel it now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was it was just foxing us. You know. Once, once people figured it out, it was all going to be over. And now it's happened. So and bring him home to New Zealand. Yeah, all right, let's take a quick break. We're going to ring up Tony Lyle. All right. For the first time in their history, the Tasman Marco have lifted the shield over the weekend, defeating the Hawks, Bay Hawkses, Magpie's Hawks Bies, the Hawks Bay Swoopies and the region is a flutter. So we thought we'd better talk to our Northern South Island correspondent, Tony Lyle, a SEC commentator. Good morning, Tony. How does it feel mate?
Speaker 4: It feels bloody good man. I you need to sound a bit more excited about you. Sadly you've just woken up to get geed up. Shield fever has taken over Nelson, where it's come to the top of the South for the first time since nineteen seventy three when the marlbra Red Devils beat Canterbury and boy to the people, the provinces love the shield.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 1: This is one of my things about the Shielder is every time a new region wins it, they take it on a tour of the schools. Yeah, but everybody's heard a story about the shield that's like, you shouldn't let your kid anywhere near that shielder, for half of those stories are true. Have you heard anything about how the players celebrated after they won it?
Speaker 4: Well, I haven't heard anything about how they've celebrated specifically, and I think that's the best, to be honest, I'd rather that just sort of in the privacy of the changing ship. But I have seen a picture of my sister down there in Blenham, she works at the local distubblery, and Quentin McDonald, of course, pasan Marco the stallwart. He took it along to the mobile police station and did if we've ever show it around with all the police there and I couldn't help but think, geez, maybe keep the controlled substance steps away from the shield. The day after you've won it, you probably want to give it some clear area from a police station. Imagine the dog was going absolutely ape shit.
Speaker 2: That's like a preemptive strike from that store walks.
Speaker 1: He's like, right, let's take it to the cops.
Speaker 2: Do it to her, and then when we defend it agains against Wellington and getting a bit of travel in town.
Speaker 1: That's okay.
Speaker 4: The shield, Yeah, they'll let it slide. I think maybe they might have learned from hawks Bays the stakes and potentially you maybe run a bit of glad rap or something over it if you are going to pass take in any sort of tuitionable activities, just to you know, allow the arch shield and ability of anything if it does come back to you. No, technically we didn't do anything off the shield. Bit did it off, but the glad wrap that was on the shield, but the shield didn't touch anything.
Speaker 1: It remains in tech the monna of the shield.
Speaker 2: Hey, so Tony though, Like I looked at the drawer, you're straight away it's down to business because you've got Wellington coming to Tasman the setni for a challenge.
Speaker 1: That's going to be a that's going to be a good game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, fucking mate, I say bring them on. I reckon the Mighty Marker are going to gobble them up. It's the thing with the shield, you know, the Hooks Bay. They haven't actually been They've been a good enough side. It's like they've gone on to win the championship over this pretty decent shieshold era they've had, you know, the one hand lost it, but they out for the last few seasons, and there's something about that shield at those home games really bars up a team. So I'm hoping that that sort of gets and maybe they've had a chance to shake out the hangover, because I always do wonder how that would affect the team after they went a sh they'll probably go on to drink a sixty eight yers each and then one week later you got to the end of again. So hopefully they've kept that hat. But now I say bring it on. I reckon. Lansdown Park is a'stually going to be rocking on Saturday. And you got to remember this is there's not a shipload to do down there, and their dog will be heading down to Lansdowne Park to watch the big game.
Speaker 5: In the city slackers as well from Clington. These you know, people who work in Parliament all the day. These public sivins have besleep and cut from their job to now play rugby. We don't care about this city slact as I say, bring them over the straight and send them backpack.
Speaker 2: Yeah, put them on the Fury as well, get really really rub it on.
Speaker 4: Put them on the Yeah, no flights. The airport's closing. Left at the theory back, get to listen to some old man sing the Warritors song on they for three and a half hours to get back to Wellington.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then the electronics shut down. You've got to go back to Wellington, fly back over anyway.
Speaker 4: Yes, through the theory. Is the toys the unreliable which yeah, I don't want to say this just the entire land here. I think the Blue Bridge is also unreliable, so we can share aslander across both the court for steet.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Look, and there's also the five hundred million dollars that they spend on upgrading it and then didn't upgrade it. That's not what we're here to talk about. Can you do me a favor, Tony, and I know you have no bearing on the outcome of any of these games, but con Tasman, please just hold onto the shield because I don't know if you're familiar with South Canterbury's unbeaten run that stretches back almost four years now. They get to challenge for the Ranfilly Shield at the start of every season, but this year, because of funding issues, they weren't able to get up to Hawk's Bay. Surely though you can get from Timaru to blend him, you know. So if you guys could just hold on to it for one year and then give us a chance to take it off as please.
Speaker 5: That seems much more reason.
Speaker 4: What is why are you going to challenge every year that the club and all in New Zealand they gets one every year?
Speaker 1: Well it has been for the last four years, Tony, because it's whoever wins the Heartland Championship and so that's why South Keniary gets a chance to win it every year. I think it'd be great for rugby if the ran Philly Shield ended up back in the Heartland Championship.
Speaker 4: It'll be the biggest co Well, it would only last there for one game until they were subsequently absolutely wrapped apart by the next team they played from the actually MPC. But I know it mean it would be good to get it down there, but it basically is like I mean, by some other Tasman have won. But when it gets to the one of the two towns like Nelson, which of course it mustn't be based beforehand, or Tasman the mighty Marlborough read devils, you know that those are the people who basically are in the heartland team. From their perspective, they haven't seen that glory. They've seen a couple of trophies, but you know they don't get to rub shields. Say, beeting with the Marcos is the next this thing?
Speaker 1: Yeah, one hundred percent that Marco's team is stacked as well. There's so many good players in there. Do you think that this is a sign of things to come? Do you reckon? They could take the whole thing out?
Speaker 4: Well, I certainly hope so, and I couldn't help but think when I saw Finlay Cresty slap in the shield in a sort of sickly suggestive manner. When he was doing that, I wondered if he thought to himself, you know, getting drop from the All Blacks. Isn't that bad? I could have gone over to South Africa got spank too by the spring Box. Or I could stay in the South Island and win the Ramfley Shield for the first time for the province and look pretty good doing it. So I reckon he's probably first. But yes, go to therquestion. I realized on it. It's like Christie cheer here, but why not? And I think it always helps the team when they've got the shield. Let's say they go on a streak and win all their home games. They're sitting pretty for the finals just on the back of defending the shield, so hopefully they can do it. I reckon they why not? Like I said, they've got a pretty stacked team. Quintin strange of course, al Capri Khani is a big freak leaving the team around and mostly topics of Nahai get him that turnover and the last sick of that other game is just an outrageous physical specimen. So a few players like that, certainly they can do it.
Speaker 1: A couple of Heavilis among the ranks as well. Yeah, brilliant, well enjoy I'm sure you celebrates are raging on throughout the week Tony, enjoy that and hopefully you have a long rain with the shield mate.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, like you have very limited involvement with it, so hopefully the team does. I mean, I've done nothing really apart from poster as you support of Instagram posts and I hope that maybe being a free it from tet Marco outfit. But other than that, it's all the things, so go to boys and hopefully that can hang on to it.
Speaker 1: I had heard you hadn't stopped drinking since the weekend.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's sort of just to honest right, Yeah, I didn't even know the game was on. I was halfway through Tier.
Speaker 1: That you were down there. Brilliant. Thanks very much for joining us. Don't you go up no worries like boys, No you don't. It was great to have Tony join us there. And well I was going to say massive celebrations, but like you said, he's just been drinking since the weekend because that's just what he does. Yeah, it is now time to sound the NRL off field scandal, which Lane, I think you're going to do manually. Have you come up with a Josh and o'carr has allegedly turned a positive roadside cocaine test only days out from Canterbury's fairy tale run to the NRL Finals. Phil Guild took to social media and in the immediate aftermath of this to say the test results were negative and Josh was allowed to continue on his way. Happens to all of us at some stage on the roads. It's the police keep in the community safe. We appreciate their work. There's absolutely no truth to the rumors that Josh had any issue, none whatsoever. Enjoy your finals football everyone.
Speaker 2: I love this and this morning massive U tune yes from Phil gold El Guild.
Speaker 1: He's come out and said, look, he tested positive.
Speaker 2: There's a bit of a miscommunication around the police letting him get on his way, which he told obviously told everyone the police allowed him to go on his way and just maybe didn't mention the fact.
Speaker 1: That he tested positive. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So Phil Gild's come out and said he's tested positive. He's made a mistake. He hasn't tried to mislead anyone. It's like whatever whitewash have come in. Oh you think, but I've messed up the comms, right, I've gone too early, Phil Girl's gone too early.
Speaker 1: So he has been out. He was out last week for like a minor ankle issue, but they were saying that he was going to be back for the first week of the playoffs. I also saw that there was a massive, like statewide sting to try and find people who were drug driving. There was like ten thousand people that were pulled over and four hundred of them tested positive. Unluck yours. Unfortunately, it looks like allegedly he's been caught on his way in Jesse, gets one week off and he's out there, you know, tearing it up on the latrells. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Look, but like the NRL, they'll move on from this. Oh yeah, whatever happens. I go, oh, yeah, he's just been it for a week or whatever, or he'll fight the charge and say.
Speaker 1: That it was in his drink bottle or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but people won't care as well about the NRAL. It's like, Eh, when young young dudes doing young.
Speaker 1: Dudes stuff, that's all right.
Speaker 2: But if it was Rugby, if it was Super Rugby, if this was like an all black it got pulled over and done.
Speaker 1: For it, holy shit.
Speaker 2: In press conference, people will be like trying to cover up. They'll be like pr crazy coms going on you.
Speaker 1: I just think you wouldn't hear about it, like whitewashed investigations get all over this thing straight away, and then all you would hear is that maybe josh Ado Carr was eating McDonald's in the wrong flat or something like that. He would you'd never find out what had actually happened to just get buried. But you're so right. The NRL is just like, this is what happened.
Speaker 2: And also, I think the real crime is josh Edo Carr's Ponytaip. That's the real crime here, not the fact that he's been on the nose beers, but because he's got that big party out the back, but he lets the party go during games, but then off field he ties it up and it looks nothing more sex offendery than that. So yeah, I think that is probably the crime that needs to be dealt with before the nose beers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a powerful, powerful look. Remind me of in the NFL used today, Tyreek Hill, who's a wide receiver. He got arrested outside of his field where he was about to play. Did you see that. I think it was like a speeding violation in his ferrari on the way to the game. But that's so they go.
Speaker 2: So over the top of the cops in America because his black Ferrari is packed and he's face down on the road with all the cops all over the top of him.
Speaker 1: It's like, is that necessarious? Yeah, it's like, have a look at the NRL. This dude was doing drugs. Yeah, they let him go. They did him go on his way. That's quite buddy, as well as positive for cocaine. And then I just go home, go straight home there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like, that's quite funny because when you're drunk, when you're drug drunk driving, they don't you don't they an't go good luck in homemate and toss you the key.
Speaker 1: No, I don't know. Look again, we don't know whether there was anything and there or not the stories that there was testing a second sample, Yeah, that's right. I don't think it was like he was like high on his way and like when he got pulled over. I don't think it's the morning after I reckon, Yeah, like even the weekend. I don't know how long that stuff stays in your system. Reach out druggers, but.
Speaker 2: I think we do should we do our own research on the well, we.
Speaker 1: Always encourage people to do their own research their own. Might be about time to do our own. But yeah, so Tyrek Hill got pulled over a speeding violation. You got handcuffed, choked out, someone knelt on the back of his head because that's what they do in America. And then he went on to score an eighty yard touchdown and then he celebrated by putting his hands behind his back and another player handcuffed him. That was good, It was brilliant. That was great stuff, and it won me my fantasy league for this week. All right, it is a Tuesday, and we have moved half baked sports ideas to a Tuesday. So without any further ado, here is a half back sports idea, half me sports idea. And I'd like to give a big shout out to Logan O'Connell who messaged me this the other day, a dear friend of mine. He said, I got an idea for you. It's based around the Paralympics and it is able bodied jockey, blind horse. Let's find out. So let's find out who's doing what.
Speaker 2: So we are we're talking power animals now and putting power animals into game.
Speaker 1: Look if we've got animals in the Olympics. We need animals in the Paralympics. And I know they do have the horse ridding in the Paralympics, but the horses are generally fine, able bodies. Yes, that's true.
Speaker 2: Actually, so we're got to give the horses again, that's right.
Speaker 1: And if they say, you know, because we talked about during the Olympics, does the horse get a middle it doesn't. Only the jockey does. And we've all for the longest time we've said, how much of it's the horse, how much of it's the jockey. Well, I think the best and clearest way to find out is blind horse, because then it's all entirely on the jockey. The jockey's going to like let it know when to jump, when to turn.
Speaker 2: Do we have different categories because could you have a three legged horse as well, it would be a different kind of Yeah, different class you could.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that'd be tougher the blind the blind horse, you know, I don't I think they would go right, Yeah, I think they would because you got the jockey, you got the rider who can see.
Speaker 2: It was who can see and we'll steer and the rider is not going to steer them.
Speaker 1: Into a wall. No, it's the jumping that's going to be tough.
Speaker 2: That's a little dangerous, and I think potentially they may lower some of the cross country in particular.
Speaker 1: Looks a bit spicy. CrossCountry be too hard?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you going through the water and all that stuff.
Speaker 1: Did you see the blind marathon runner yesterday who got disqualified. So she was in bronze position and she you know, when they have to they run with a guide. Yes, and he could see, but unfortunately he could not run and he cramped up on the towards the finish line. So with about twenty meters to go, he'd been cramping for like the last hundred meters and with about twenty minutes to go, he was just like, look, I'm shot. She let go of the rope for a little bit and just sort of took off on her own. Eventually they did cross the finish line together, but because she let go of the rope, they took her middle of her Oh, and she finished bronze. It seems a bit stink. I know what, it's not an advantage to leave your guide behind it. You know that it runs straight into a tree. Yeah, why should you be pedalized? Look, if someone wants to show up on the starting line, she could have gone straight into the river scene. Yeah, that's right. And if someone wants to show up on the starting line and run without a guide, shouldn't they be allowed to and understand why letting go the rope was a proper So.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe is it a partial can you impartially cited? And perhaps that's why a lot of those people had the blindfolds on, Yeah, because some of them are partially And it was like, right to make it even playing field, we're all going to.
Speaker 1: It's like to sit down volleyball. Yeah, so someone can walk a little bit. Look, just everyone sit down. I think that I think that if she was able to see, or at least someone else in the team probably could have looked at the guy that she was running with him and I don't think he's going to make it. Joe Jerry was just like, why did they hit the drummer from slipknot?
Speaker 2: But do they must get to choose their own guide? You don't turn out no, and they get allocated me or you and they go, oh for fox sake.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but she's never seen the guy as my problem rude?
Speaker 2: So if you fai actually maybe surely she's kind of run hands over him and going, you're a bit sloppy. You're not going to run a marathon and in an hour and a half, are you, buddy?
Speaker 1: In two hours? It was the hit the big giant chin strap go to you sort of situation going on anyway. Yeah, so that's half fake sports able body. Chuck is a blind horse. That's my idea. I reckon, I reckon. It's a guy although right up until you crash your horse and then it gets put down and they're like, let's bring this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And not a lot of blind horses around us.
Speaker 1: It wow, but they don't. Probably don't. They don't make it to adulthood. Probably no, because because there's no use for them. But I'm proposing a use for them that could save lives in the long haul. You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: You could just put a blindfold on a really good horse.
Speaker 1: That's a very good point. It's a very good point. Blinders on the horses. All right, let's take one more quick break. We'll come back with yours please, yours please, brought to you by leader three of them to get through today, laying the first one goes like this, yours please.
Speaker 3: Good morning everyone, welcome to the first meeting of the All Black Supporters Group. Black Caps have currently led us lend us their facilities, so we have that tool the summer. But I would like to start with everyone just looking to their neighbor, holding hands and looking at each other in the eyes and saying, it's going to be okay.
Speaker 6: Will survive.
Speaker 2: All right, okay, Yeah, we're going to be okay.
Speaker 1: Look, I agree.
Speaker 2: The Black Cap Supporters Support Group kindly offered all of the halls that they pencil booked for the entire off season.
Speaker 1: Don't leed them back in a couple of months.
Speaker 2: Oh they've got six tests and the subcontinent, they'll need them back in a couple of months at least. So they lent them to the All Black Supporter Support Group, and I like, they hold hands, look at each other. It's going to be okay, It's gonna be okay. So the A forgot our world champions. They have the best team in the world. We competed.
Speaker 1: We're not quite good enough. But that's okay. Yeah, that's fine. I will not be able to survive losing to the Wallabies.
Speaker 2: How correct that's going to we lose to them, then the supporters group and full swing.
Speaker 1: Yes, we'll really need each other. So we may even need to push back the Black Caps meetings there just to extend it. That's going to take to combine them. Oh yeah, that's it's often a good opportunity to learn from other people's experience. Correct.
Speaker 2: So there'll be like one hundred Black Cap supporters in a room. Yeah, and you know, and an all black supporter comes in and goes, hey, guys, so him and I yeah, because I don't release port crackit bet I'm an all Blacks fan.
Speaker 1: Emgats that came in. Yeah, And then they can tell you stories about times when their teams let them down and hurt them, and different warning signs for you to look out for how to cope with the grief as well.
Speaker 2: I mean, look, if anyone can pass on experience, it's the Black Cap supporters.
Speaker 1: So you know, shit facilities welcome another caller here, yours please.
Speaker 7: Good old fellows Obb Sad Charlie Ups a big fan for the last month or so.
Speaker 2: Still need to find his book.
Speaker 7: You know, we could get behind the twenty five dollars note. You guys link up with c B five dollar note. We'll mention your deposit only season fly first communities together.
Speaker 1: So maybe maybe we can't get the Reserve Bank of New Zealand to print a legal tender banknote, but we could get a twenty five dollar token at the tab. Yeah, with sirumun Hillary's face on it.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure how that your state of siried would would appreciate that. But I mean, you never know, you might have been a punter in his day.
Speaker 1: Well, I suppose if you just put five five dollar notes, that's that's the same thing. Yeah, but appreciate that. And also he said he had been a fan of Charles up Them for the last month. You can remain a fan of Charles up Them, Yeah, for the for the rest of the months of your life.
Speaker 2: I'm suppose he hasn't been a movie made about.
Speaker 1: Well a few. Someone's in in a voicemail the other day saying that you apparently was a saving private Ryan. Yeah, but I don't know. Yeah, maybe maybe we should make it picture to tiget. One more caller here. You're supposed not sure it's a comedy.
Speaker 6: Hey, guys, it's your first female caller here. Helen Clark spelled with three k's and as a typical female. I'm late to the party. Hard good was the Major League Cricket Final? Go Washington Freedom and fuck?
Speaker 5: Why?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: We a mata? Did you watch the Major League Final? No?
Speaker 2: The only better footage I've seen of the Major League cricket was Cory Anderson's catch where he attempted to jump off the ground and maybe got a couple of centimeters maybe half a centimeter off the ground. Yeah, he's certainly spent some time in the United States top paddock. Yeah, that's the only footage I've seen of the Major League cricket. Should probably pay more attention to it, but I haven't.
Speaker 1: So much else going on, Yeah, except for the black Caps playing hopefully a bit of action tonight. But yeah, sorry, we covered that one for you. All Right, let's knock this thing on the head. We'll be back tomorrow for a Wednesday edition of the Agenda podcast. We're going to have Laura McGoldrick on AH to talk about Game of Two Halves, which premier is this Thursday, eight thirty on Sky Open. Well, my first question for her is why is she lowered her standards? Yeah, why is she hanging out with us? The last time we saw her, she was presenting the Olympics and I think we all loved her in that role, and now she's going to go and tarnish a reputation by hanging out with us. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I remember she was standing between David Beckham and Sushington Dawka during the World Cup.
Speaker 1: How the Mighty have fallen? And we were My first question for her tomorrow on a Wednesday edition of the Gender Podcast. You've been listening to the ACC's Agender Podcast, brought to you by Export Ultra. For more episodes, like and follow on iHeartRadio for William You get your podcasts