Speaker 1: Like from the Export Beer Garden's studios and brought to you by Export Ultra of the Beer for here. This is the Agenda Podcast for a Friday, the fourteenth of June.
Speaker 2: The Agenda Podcast, the home of Sporting Nonsense and clap Trap, brought to you by Next Sport.
Speaker 1: A vulture said, I wasn't going to talk about it on the podcast, but we're going to talk about it. There's been a spate of engagements in my friend group recently, oh yeah, and it has piled on more and more heat obviously on me. Yep. Every time I go over on away somewhere on holiday and I come back in Kate and clear from Radio Hodak. You sit out in the office, it's a water boarding. It's an absolute grilling.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And my question to you before the podcast was what percentage of men do you think propose purely because of the amount of people that wound them about when you're going to propose eighty three?
Speaker 3: I think it's higher. Do you think it's high?
Speaker 4: I think it might be higher.
Speaker 3: I look, yeah, there's quite a few of you at work, actually is Adam, There's Joe. Everyone's on a lot of heat there kind of in your thirties, you've been in a long term relationship. There is a lot of pressure. And you know what, that's why men invented the engagement, right, because it's like a force field of fuck off, Okay, stop asking, we're engaged, and then don't don't see it a wedding date, right, So there's no real commitment to an engagement apart from maybe a ring, but you get that from Grandma. Yes, yeah, and then that doesn't cost anything, doesn't cost you anything, and then you then you keep the wolves at bay and then that, But then I suppose the next waterboarding is whin's the wedding and you're like, oh, we're just saving up for it, yeah, just until we can afford it.
Speaker 4: Oh we're looking at a date next January.
Speaker 1: Will let you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, we're just kind of like yeah, and you roll that over. That's better than the whole when you getting married. When you get married, and it's only I have.
Speaker 1: Never had a male friend of mine say when it's going to get married.
Speaker 4: Never once.
Speaker 1: The only time was when my mate proposed has messes just about six months ago, and then immediately it's just like we need to do it right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So that as a play just to make you uncomfortable. I was like, you've just proposed to her so that you could do this to me. He goes, yeah, Oh, good on him. Least he's made a game of it. It's still only a proposal. Yeah, that's a right, it's sister, it's it's you know, you could even I don't know. Ring doesn't need to be that special. I mean, the girl's like a big dealer. It has to be a diamond, but diamond, but I can't afford a diamond. But my love for you is priceless. That kind of shit lab diamonds apparently, lab diamonds, Yeah, ethical.
Speaker 4: Effic.
Speaker 1: Sustainable, Yeah cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, here is a ring.
Speaker 3: It's it's sustained. It's not a diamond, but it's a sustainable diamond.
Speaker 4: Looks you can't tell the difference between this and a real diamond.
Speaker 1: And there's no blood on your hands, correct, literally, yeah, through through a blood diamond.
Speaker 3: Good luck with it.
Speaker 1: For the longest time, I've always said I don't like if it didn't exist, I don't think we would invent it. The wedding as as it is at the moment, because when you look at like a like a catering bill. Say, if it's a catering bill for a birthday party, say it's whatever, one hundred dollars, just as a round number. Now you say it's a catering bill for a wedding two hundred dollars.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's just like it's a scam.
Speaker 3: Admittedly, I spent seven years overseas, got engaged overseas, and got married at home while I was still working overseas. So for me, it was a great party. Came home, got one hundred and twenty mates and we just ripped, ripped a new one. Ye, got a marquee, stayed up all night. Yes, yeah, I had a party and then I could fly straight out of there again.
Speaker 4: Oh you left and went back?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and we paid for it with oil money. Yes, right, So I thought it was a great time and it was good to catch up with whole lot of friends. He hadn't seen in ages. But I imagine who hasn't. But I imagine if you're living here and you're seeing your friends all the time, You're like, why would I spend a couple of hundred bucks on your ship here when you're going to come and just ruin my wedding and drink all my person. Yeah, yeh yeah.
Speaker 4: I think that's why people have destination weddings.
Speaker 1: Times out of ten, it's just to weed out the people who are like, sorry, I just don't think I'll be able to make It's like, thank god, I really didn't want you there. That's why it's in Fiji.
Speaker 3: I did everyone. Colleague who still works here actually, who came to my wedding and he came up to me and he's like, I love drinking your free person line. He was like getting into it. And then I went to his wedding. I went to his wedding and I was head all these craft beers and I was like, hey, I was like, and I just tipped it out in front of him and I was like, oh, just it was getting a bit warm. Might get another one.
Speaker 1: And in the back here he's going with budgeted for four perpos.
Speaker 3: You know that guy that was for every two. I tipped out too, and I was just like, bag you asshole.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just don't think of it. If it didn't exist, we wouldn't be like like if it didn't exist. And your mate wroung you and was just like, hey, can you at great expense to yourself, could you fly to this place. Look what I'm throwing a mess of party? Oh yeah, what's it for? Pretty into beang in this chick. At the moment, I'm like, okay, and you need us to be there?
Speaker 4: Why is that?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 4: It's I want to get the government above lux and needs no.
Speaker 3: About everyone needs to know, everyone needs And we.
Speaker 1: Gloss over what is actually happening there and then they're all like, yeah, so after this, we're going to try for a baby.
Speaker 4: It's like, oh, so more banging. This is what we're and you've brought your mum yet.
Speaker 3: Well, look, it is a celebration to make aware to your father in law that you're banging your daughter.
Speaker 4: That's what it is.
Speaker 3: It's a public announcement that I'm having sex with your daughter. That's pretty much what it is. And it's an elaborate way of doing it. Yeah, but I'm comfortable with that as opposed to just telling him to his face.
Speaker 4: It's a huge statement. It is a huge statement.
Speaker 1: It's like, by the way, you're paying for it. So anyway, I'm still waiting for a dowry, and until I received that, I shall be until I received at least six head of Greford cattle up my driveway.
Speaker 3: Efids the Cattle of Choice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, just you know, they put weight on.
Speaker 3: Hey. My name is Glane and I've been supporting the black Caps since more seriously, been supporting the black Caps since nineteen ninety one. And yesterday they hurt me again. We've been through a lot. I mean, it's happened all it's happened so many times that and I've got back with them and we've had great times. Two or three years we've been together and it was great times, and then they slipped back into their old ways and they hurt me. Then they come back with some champagne, and they come back with some flowers and new promises, and you know, and they they're different, and they say they're different, and they are for a while, but then then they hurt me again.
Speaker 1: Thank you for sharing your story of Elaine. My name is Menia Stuardan. Yesterday I was hurt again. It's okay, man, it's not your fault. I just keep thinking back to the times when, you know, when we won the World Test Championship, and I can't get past the fact that it was so good at that time, and why can't it be the same again.
Speaker 3: It's not your fault.
Speaker 1: It could just be good again the way that it was. We were so great together. We were so good together, and I saw a future for us if we could just get past these kind of things. I don't know how much more I've gotten me. I don't know how much more hurd I've gotten me.
Speaker 3: Thanks for sharing, man, Love you, Man, love you.
Speaker 1: I need to order my shirt.
Speaker 3: Well, I've got mine on today, you do. I actually put it on that. I slept in it. I slept in my black Cat supporters support at the cricket revage so much, so much so we've had to order another couple of Andy one hundred yesterday on the broadcast. If you want to get one tech shot to three D three secs. People go, you're making money out of it, trust me. No one's making money out of selling T shirts. Okay, what it's basically covering the cost. But what it is, it's like a badge and people. People have come up and hugged me in the street and it's okay, man, and don't even need to talk. They bring you in and go it's okay, and then you go, thanks man, and you walk away again. It's a beautiful moment.
Speaker 1: I want the audience to know we take no pleasure in this. Because someone came over to our our desk this morning and said, I love the Black Cap Supporter support group.
Speaker 4: It's such a good idea.
Speaker 1: You guys are like, this is brilliant, and I was like, I wish it didn't exist. I wish we didn't have to. You know, gladly give you a T shirt. But this is something that shouldn't have to exist. No, I know, but it has for a while now. It's existed for about close on maybe fifteen years. What went wrong?
Speaker 4: What went wrong yesterday?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I don't know, Like it was just a fizzle out. Well, we gave away the last two overs thirty seven runs and twelve balls. They were nine down and they scored thirty seven runs in nine and twelve balls. Old Ken Rutherford he won it for them because he split the Adam He capta in New Zealand and cricket. He had a son who played cricket. But it was just so disappointing to have them nine down. We had them seven for seventy six and like the fifteenth over and then they were nine down for one hundred and we couldn't finish them off, and everyone's saying, oh, you got your sons wrong with the bowling came in in some didn't. He brought back Trent Bolt and Tim Sow. They had to finished these fuckers off and they were nine down and we should have. But Darryl Mitchell and Mitchell sat in a bowl the last two overs and they got dispatched for thirty seven.
Speaker 4: That is absurd.
Speaker 3: So that's what lost us the game. And then we came out fin Allen had a good start, he got twenty odd, but we just put the pressure was on. It was too much pressure to score it fucking ten, twelve and over from there and we fizzled out. The score card looks a lot better than what it was because Mitchell Satin hit three sixes in the last over, which meant nothing. So there was eighteen runs there ever gonna win it. They needed like forty off the last over to win and he hit three six Isn't it looks closer than it was. In fact, it was an act. It was hiding. We lost too many regular wickets.
Speaker 4: People just bowl.
Speaker 3: Well against us for some reason. I don't understand it. We just keep losing wickets.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I had that thing that I always have when I'm watching cricket, particularly in T twenty, when you're watching us obliterate someone with the ball, yeah, and you're like, this is awesome, but are they about to do this to us as well? And sure enough, yeah they were.
Speaker 3: We did bowl well though they have them, have them seven down for seventy odd. It was like, yes, okay, this is us, We're backing this World Cup. And then that fucking Rutherford innings at the end, he's called sixty eight or thirty seven balls. He took it away from us.
Speaker 1: And but even then, didn't you think one forty was chaseable?
Speaker 3: One forty? I mean it's one fifty to win, one fifty one. The average on that pitch is one sixty I think in T twenties. Yeah, one fifty is chaseable. But we shouldn't been that. We should have been chasing one hundred, one hundred and ten at the most and we would have got that. And that's what was gutting. It was like, ah fuck that, just that little moment, those twelve balls, it was like fuck.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So the top two teams from each pool go through because we lost our first game against remind me Afghanistan. That means if you make me do that on Afghanistan and Wind.
Speaker 3: So basically top Yes, So both West Indies and Afghanistan are unbeaten right now. Yes, and both of them have one more game remaining against Papua New Guinea or Uganda or whatever.
Speaker 1: So so our hope is our only hope is they lose. They have to both lose those games. We have to lose both of when next two games.
Speaker 3: By heaps by heaps, which we should against Uganda and Papua New Guinea. We should salc them like like England did to who they mow this morning for seventy six.
Speaker 4: I didn't so Ireland.
Speaker 3: No, I wasn't Ireland. It was Scotland, I think. No, I don't know. It wasn't Scotland with someone else. Anyway, we need to have but Equatorial Guineas. The chances are very very slim. No, it's over, it's over. It is over. I think even if we do, even if Afghanisan drop a game, they've got us on run rate. Yeah, so we're done and they're not going to drop a game. We're brown, We're done.
Speaker 1: I the headlines have all been and even Gary stead to a degree kind of address that there weren't enough warm up games.
Speaker 4: I don't think a warm up game would have changed.
Speaker 3: I think condition. I think it does preparation. I mean, you look at we're we're goin a terrible record and build up. So remember when our tour at Australia for the Boxing Classic Boxing Day Test. We went to Australia and played no warm ups and we got absolutely pounded in Perth, and with no warm ups, decided not to do any warm ups in Australian conditions.
Speaker 1: Stick down.
Speaker 3: Now you've got it. You've got you do have to go over there and play some games.
Speaker 4: Right to get used to the pitch, the conditions totally.
Speaker 3: You can't just go on the nets. You've got to be out in the middle playing cricket. And that's why every other team and the competition played warm.
Speaker 4: Ups right except for us, because our excuse.
Speaker 3: Was we didn't have the full squad together. Fuck that, well, you've got eight players. Roll the eight players out, play last man's stands, steady, but get out there. And he came out and said that none were on offer, and the ICC don't come out much. And if you listen to the BYC podcast they tail into this. ICC never usually come out with any sort of statement around that, and they came out and said, that's bullshit. You got offered warm ups and you declined them because.
Speaker 4: We didn't have all our players together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which also supplementary question, why didn't we have all of our players together? You know?
Speaker 3: Anyway, So I can't think of a worse World Cup campaign than this, where you I forever remember us making either the playoffs or quarterfinal, semi finals at least, yeah, making the next round we always have, Yeah, but we have nowhere near it.
Speaker 1: No, it was losing to Afghanistan. I don't think it hurt as much as it should have because we still had the Windy's game that could have kept us in it. And I think if it was the other way around, we would have been furious about the afghan loss.
Speaker 3: This is a country that has been war torn for many decades. People can't tour there. No, they've got no home ground. If you're a woman, you can't go to school. Correct, it is run. It is literally run by the teallybar.
Speaker 1: What do we need to take away from the Taliban to improve our cricketing stocks?
Speaker 3: They got something obviously we don't and they never had to ask for a warm up.
Speaker 1: And yeah, well demand a warm up. There had been a lot of terrorist activity in the lead ups to this World Cup as well. I'm not drawing a line between the two. I'm just saying that's what had happened. Also, fear is a great motivator, and for a lot of those guys in that Afghanistan team, you know.
Speaker 4: That they'd be very motivated. Yeah, you'd have to think.
Speaker 3: Well, that's the reason why at this World Cup there's spider cams and not drones, which was.
Speaker 1: Part of the which was the drones elsewhere was part of the drama used today when that catch had to get reviewed over and over and over again because allegitally hit one of the wires of the spider.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and if it hits the wires of spider came raor it hits a roof or any sort of structure, it's a dead ball.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: That would have ripped down, rapped our undies completely because that was the second or third wicket.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I guess in the end it didn't matter.
Speaker 1: But so how if you're one of the players, do you get up for Papua New Guinea where you Gander, stupid.
Speaker 3: O'clock your Ganders. This is tomorrow at twelve thirty and lunchtime.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 3: And I'm calling that with Jason Hoytan and think man Heath is coming in to do that as well. The best thing they can do is make it a short one bowl you Gander out for fifty, get it in two overs and just save us the pain, because if they make it a game and make it difficult, that's going to be even harder.
Speaker 4: It's going to be harder to commentate it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, just as just.
Speaker 3: As general supporters, I want them to grab you gander, strip them naked and spank their little asses. Yeah right, It just to prove a point because if they go out there and going no, look they're up and coming Nation, you know you're a plucky side, go and say you're going to waste them.
Speaker 4: So you are calling for a Ugandan massacre tomorrow?
Speaker 3: Absolutely clip that.
Speaker 1: All right, let's take a break before we commit any other international atrocities.
Speaker 4: Come back and whip around the weekend. Sporting Action.
Speaker 1: Super Rugby semi finals kickoff tonight Blues versus Brumbies will be commentating that live on Skysport nine myself and Matt Ward.
Speaker 3: And iHeart Radio. Don't forget on iHeart Radio.
Speaker 1: Free on iHeart Radio for whatever reason you've ended up in bed early. I quite like checking it on the old iHeart Radio for the slip. Oh you're in the car or wherever, wherever you are on the road, we won't hold it against you. What is your prediction for this game? It feels to me like the Blues are going to cruise through.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 1: Are we underestimating the Brumbies?
Speaker 3: I think everyone always underestimates the Brumbies for some reason. Yeah, but they did suck the last time they came to eaton Park in Round Robin, whether it's not looking good, whether it is looking atrocious.
Speaker 4: And you think that plays into the Brumbies.
Speaker 3: Yes, I do. I don't know why. I think purely because the Blues are the favorites, and anytime there's any sort of adverse conditions or circumstances, it always usually it's not favor The Blues correct all the favorites. Yeah, so that's why, because I imagine the Blues want to come out send a message when by fucking thirty points, but when it's pessing with rain, they can't do that. Yes, However, I still think they're too good for the Brumbies. I was hoping for a high scoring forty five twenty eight kind of score. Yeah, but I'm picking it's going to be like a twenty three twelve Yeah right, but turgid, but turgid and the wet. But I think the Blues will eventually grind them down.
Speaker 1: Yeap and throw into their chance to win their first legitimate title since two thousand and three. On the other side of the drawer on the Saturday night, you'll be commentating this one.
Speaker 3: That's cheap AVO member, oh avo.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this keeps getting there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, four thirty four thirty afternoon game. It is Chiefs versus Canes. I think that the winner of Super Rugby comes out of the semi vinyl, but I don't know who it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a tight one because my head says the Canes. Of a heart obviously says the Chiefs manner, but going on performance last week form last week, it's got to be the Chiefs. But saying that the Chiefs might get the blowback of the Canes performance last week, which that first half was the worst half of rugby i've seen the Canes play in a long time and they'll know that and they'll want to come out hissing on Saturday afternoon, So that might blow back on the Chiefs. However, Tim Horan said that first twenty minutes at rugby at Female Stadium against Queensland was the best twenty minutes of rugby he can remember. Yeah, right, Chiefs in terms of how clinical they were. They are up twenty one points to now within twenty So I don't know, it's funny because if they can carry that form through, it's going to be a fucking awesome game.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think this is going to be an awesome game because I think both teams can smell it. Yeah. You know, the Chiefs came agonizingly close last year and then the Canes have kind of almost.
Speaker 4: Came out of nowhere this year.
Speaker 1: You know, like they've they've been great from the start of the season, but this I don't think anyone predicted them to have the season that they've had. Yeah, so they'll be looking at it, gone, Fuck, here's our chance. This is the first chance in like eight years that we've had to really have a crack here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So I think this is going to be an absolute barnstormer.
Speaker 3: I wait, I can't wait, and myself and mccaney are doing that. So if you're a Chiefs fan, get on a Skysport nine or iHeart Radio. If you're a Hurricanes fan, get on it and then abuse us via the text because what invariably happens is people love. It's almost a hate watch because then the Chiefs lose and the text machines full of thousands of abuse. So and the wheels are falling off the man of us. Shove the manipus up your ass. Yeah, all that kind of up sale, and we help it happily welcome that. Well mcconie doesn't. He gets a bit, He gets a bit twitchy on the text machine when it gets raw.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then straight after that the Warriors are playing myself and Keys. You will be commentating that one. What a massive Saturday for the a sec in for sports fans.
Speaker 4: Super Saturday.
Speaker 3: And like we said said in the podcast on Tuesday, thank the Lord that common sense has prevailed. You can watch all of that on Skysport nine with no interruptions, no crossover. You don't have to choose between the two mistresses. You can sleep with them all.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Back to back to back, So from twelve thirty through until about nine o'clock you're susted.
Speaker 4: On Saturday.
Speaker 1: On the ACC the NBA, yesterday Boston went up three. Nill listens a little bit of a disappointing series. I think what they've figured out is every other team freaks out and just double teams Luka Doncicch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he looks broken man. Yeah, he looks broken. His knees look like they're about to give way. Every time he's coming back back to court, he's like lumbering back.
Speaker 4: It's yeah to watch.
Speaker 5: Well, he's fat and and he's he's been fat as entire career and it hasn't mattered because he's still scoring fifty points and ten rebounds, ten assists.
Speaker 1: But I think as a series drags on, can you know everyone on the other team is six packed up? Yeah, and I think that does count for something. Yeah, he does look he looks like.
Speaker 3: A broken man about the third quarter. Yeah, he looks all over the shot.
Speaker 1: He's one of the toughest players to watch because he bitches constantly to the refs.
Speaker 4: It just doesn't stop. He's winning the entire time.
Speaker 1: If he was in your social basketball team, you'd probably kick him out, or you'd set up a new team that didn't have him in it. But three nil, and I know I always say always better bet on the team who's facing elimination if the other team hasn't.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I think this could be a sweep.
Speaker 3: And as it today, no, it's not today, it is, it's it's in it's in Dallas, so a back in Dallas. It's two and two, isn't it two?
Speaker 4: So this is in Dallas. The TARB can't split them.
Speaker 1: It's a dollar ninety for each, so they don't know who's going to win. I don't know if there's much money to be made in that game. I'd probably the only bit I was looking at that I might get on would be Luka Doncic's leading scorer in that game.
Speaker 3: Also, is it I would go. I'd go the MAVs because I think Boston want to win it at home. Oh yeah, not that they're going to throw the game, no, but I think they may pump the brakes because basketball is kind of like that. They don't mind throwing a game, seven game series, yeah, and then go back to Boston and then winning at Boston. Because I reckon. There's something in a title at home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when Lebron won that won with the Cleveland Cavaliers. They won it on the road against Golden State, and so they won, and obviously no one was there to celebrate with them. They had to fly back to fucking Cleveland, of all places. They stopped off in Las Vegas and they partied there, which the fans in Cleveland didn't really appreciate. But you're right, there is something about it. And it's not that they're going to go out and throw the game. No, that if they're down by ten points, they'll be like, you know what, fuck it, will come back and win the next one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they'll rest all the players, bench all the players, just let everyone rest up and then just hunt them at home. So I'd stick not my house, and that if I was a betting man, I would I would go for the MAVs just to jag one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dollar ninety a little bit more. Not great eating, it's not great eating the US Open as well as teed off. This morning our time, Ryan Fox has finished his first round and he carded a three over, which isn't great, but it hasn't been great for anyone everyone's been blown up. I think Justin Rose is tied with him, and.
Speaker 4: He's still he's a shot ahead of Tiger.
Speaker 3: What's a predicted cut do you know?
Speaker 1: I haven't seen, but it's not looking good for him. For Ryan Fox, but like I said, it's not looking good for anyone. Patrick Kentley is leading at the moment, he's five under. Rory McElroy is tied for third, three under, and so I think for our agenda hunch this week, we should get on the US Open something to follow across the weekend.
Speaker 3: Well, definitely not Rory because he's not a closer. I've got he's proven he can't close his divorce and he's not going to close the US Open.
Speaker 1: He is the shortest odds at five dollars outright winner. You don't you don't like that dollars for it?
Speaker 3: Where is where Chefler sitting on the table?
Speaker 1: Scotti Scheffler is somewhere in the inside the top ten at the moment.
Speaker 3: De Chambo I don't mind.
Speaker 4: I don't mind Deshambo either.
Speaker 3: Can we can we go to Shambau Scheffler top five?
Speaker 1: No, because because it's kicked off, you can only get on the outright winter at the So we're gonna have to pick an outright winner for our agenda hunch this week. Aberg Ludwig Aberg, who has been a real revelation in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 4: He is sickond at that time recording.
Speaker 3: How about then, because we've got a bit of bonus cash here, haven't we had it? Have about we? Can we spread it? Can we put can we put fetty on Scheffler and fetti on Oldberg? I feel, oh, you want to go all in? What's your hands?
Speaker 4: I don't want splinters of mass.
Speaker 1: I want to get it. I want to I want to be on one side of the fence or the other. I think I think we go geez?
Speaker 4: Is it boring to bed on cheflet?
Speaker 3: It is a little bit missionary?
Speaker 4: But but he is paying six dollars?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's good eating. And you've got two more rounds to go.
Speaker 1: If we're saying it's boring to bet on a guy because we think he's gonna win, but he's also getting six dollars, that seems like a good part, then, doesn't it?
Speaker 3: Anytime chefer's playing six, I mean, we're how far off the leader is he?
Speaker 4: Again?
Speaker 1: I don't have the score before.
Speaker 3: We crashed it. He's like like ten over or anything. He must be in the conversation if he's six backs, because Rory's only five and he's coming third.
Speaker 1: Rory is tied for third with Bryce and d Chambeau. They are three under. Then Tony Fee. Now we go back to he may not have he may not have kicked off teet off yet I can't. I can't see him on there. But what now, chefless plus one? That's why he's six dollars.
Speaker 3: Okay, so he's got a bit of catching up to do, but he's still in the conversation.
Speaker 1: Through fifteen holes at the time recording this, he is plus one. It's behind John Day, he's behind Cam Smith, he's behind the homie Max Homer.
Speaker 4: Again, everyone's having a shock so far on those course.
Speaker 1: What about big t Bone Now, I mean.
Speaker 3: I know we're doing some lie.
Speaker 4: Yeah you really like?
Speaker 1: I printed them out so that we could pick one from there, and you've now got me going through. I can't find I can't find the odds pick one for the top five.
Speaker 4: It's not going to be Rory.
Speaker 3: No, you don't like you don't like Ludwig I don't mind it, Ludvig. I don't mind Alberg. It was between Olberg and Scheffler. For me, I think we got Scheffler six dollars for Shiffler. I think is ridiculous value. Okay, get checking on you.
Speaker 1: Already enough on your brainstorms. Let's take a quick break and we'll come back with yours.
Speaker 2: Please, yours please, rode By Leader, Home of the Last Sun.
Speaker 1: The Top, got about four of them to get through today, so let's rip straight in. Call the yours please you Gay.
Speaker 6: Collas Hey, I just want to come back your life. Fuck all people are going to super rugby these days. I can walk into any premier club rugby game for free, have a five dollar beers on the sideline, watching a good game of footy with no fucking TMO. It's just a way you getter entertainment for the less investment. Fuck who knew? Who knew that people would turn up for a good game of footy. We don't have to spend Fuck all who wrote.
Speaker 3: Look, I feel strongly about it and I can't disagree with him. I go down and watch our senior premiere club rugby team down the shore, and you know, any given Saturday and a nice Saturday afternoon. There could be you know, a thousand people there. Yeah, on the sideline. And he's right, you can have a if you're a member. There beers are five bucks. Get a five dollar fucking beer. He walked to the sideline, have a beer. And you can even get like a burger or whatever for seven bucks in the clubhouse.
Speaker 4: That's all people want, I know.
Speaker 3: But and that's all people want. And it's and he's right. The foot's great as well. Yeah, and it's you know, it's fast flowing. It's I mean, it's terrifying watching it because you're so close and you these bodies slamming into each other makes you WinCE.
Speaker 1: But it's good.
Speaker 3: But I suppose because of that live experience, you actually want to go and watch you know, higher performing teams. You want that same experience.
Speaker 1: I e.
Speaker 3: Make it easy because it's easy. All he's saying is it's easy to walk down, have a beer, a pie, watch the thing that just needs to translate to going to Eden Park or yeah, the cake turn It just that that that needs. But at the moment, it's not.
Speaker 1: No, it's not easy. It's anment you mentioned. If you've got kids, and it's a seven o'clock at night game.
Speaker 3: I don't go.
Speaker 4: It's a shit show.
Speaker 3: I don't go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's too expensive, Yeah, it's too It's like you have to leave home so early just to get there.
Speaker 4: You don't enjoy it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just the ease of it. And that's club club rugby is great, like you get into it, go to your local club rugby game. The clubhouses are great.
Speaker 1: And the no TMO thing I think is crucial.
Speaker 3: That was good because there's no stoppages. Yeah, you know what I mean, it's just boom boom boom everyone. It's pretty respectful. Everyone's pretty respectful of the referee.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 3: It's not like the old days where everyone's is yelling at the refe so and at.
Speaker 1: Club level, whoever's got the whoever's the touch shutge, who's just one of the local guys from the club. He's going to give his team a couple of calls that you know, he's going to call back a try every now and then.
Speaker 3: And senor North Harbor Rugby, they have proper touches. The trainee referees. Yes, so it's not the phisio from the other team.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, but in most leagues.
Speaker 1: I would say that it is probably the physio and he's going to call your winger out of bounds when he's going to score a try. Yeah, but so's your guy when they come to your place.
Speaker 3: It all swings around it.
Speaker 4: It's all swings and roundabouts.
Speaker 1: I think that on the whole, on the aggregate, it comes out even and even with all the TMOS stoppages and blah blah blah, they still get the calls wrong.
Speaker 4: So I reckon Bennett. Yep, you're right. I completely agree.
Speaker 1: It's I can see why, and we need the professional game to to swing back that way a little bit totally.
Speaker 3: Just don't get don't give up on the on the don't give up on code altogether. And this guy hasn't down at his club.
Speaker 1: People still, we still love watching the game totally. It's just there's so many barriers between us and doing it. Another call here, yours, Please.
Speaker 4: You get a fellas.
Speaker 8: My black Caps Supporters support group t shirt arrived just yesterday, just in time. This is absolutely heartbreaking. Please help someone hold me.
Speaker 3: It's okay, man, it's not your fault. It's not your fault.
Speaker 4: Go and find someone else that has that T shirt. On as well.
Speaker 3: Just hug anyone, just you, you'll be able. You can almost tell the body language of a black Cap supporter today because if you lock eyes, you go and then come here, come here, come here, and then just you'll, you'll, you'll, you'll see it, You'll see someone. Just go out into the wild and find one.
Speaker 1: Just imagining someone coming in that might work with, like an Australian or something, or someone that wants to give them a ribbing.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, now's not the top. I've got enough on my phone. I've ignored them all. Yeah, why do you keep we suck? It was the first thing I got and I was like, fuck.
Speaker 1: You, it's too raw. Suck you disco another caller here, yours please?
Speaker 4: I blame this loss on grim Laine.
Speaker 7: Come on, you said he was going to head over to the Westerndies if we made the finals and look over from Twoway. I'm looking forward to rallying around my fellow Black app Supporter support group members in the community of Hall tomorrow morning.
Speaker 3: Yeah nice, we finished it off well, but look, no nothing to do with me. I haven't booked my flights and you're still here to get some still here, so there's no curse, So don't try and don't try and stain our campaign with me.
Speaker 1: We've got one more caller here, yours please?
Speaker 9: Yeah, good a fellas, hope you enjoyed field days. Use city slickers and your clean gum boots and your cattle sticks. Hey, what will be I reckon the chances of a Highland of the Brumbies final down at FML, but of an upset? What are you fucking American?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Anyway, fuck South January.
Speaker 4: I'll take this one.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be pretty tough given them the Highlanders haven't made the playoffs and do not play at FML stadium. Was he meeting the chiefs presumably? But what I would say to anyone that wants to send in a voicemail, because we have copped so much fact checking and so much nine and succesexual Eagles fifteen eighteen, that if you're going to be sending in slandering us and saying fuck South Caterbury, make sure you at least know who's in the fucking semi one.
Speaker 3: Also, there's there's a lot of issues with that because I think the Chief's qualified fourth brumbyes third. So if the Brumbies beat the Blues Chiefs beat the Hurricanes, the finals gonna be in Canberra.
Speaker 1: Which is Super Rugby's worst nightmare.
Speaker 3: Absolutely worst nightmare.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, I think on the whole not not very likely.
Speaker 4: No Highlanders will be in the final. Maybe next year. I don't know, there's always next year.
Speaker 3: I didn't think about that disaster actually, all the Brumbies upsetting the Blues and then.
Speaker 1: If it's Chiefs versus Brumbies in Canbra it would be the worst.
Speaker 4: But you also can't go.
Speaker 3: Maybe they could break the curse.
Speaker 4: You're going to go to Canberra.
Speaker 3: That's it. If the final, if the final is in Camera, I'm going.
Speaker 1: This is reach out, Airlines, reach out, Queen Australian Government Quantas Sterling Mortlock. We need to figure out if Glane can break the curse. And I think that somebody from Canberra should pay for this because it's in their best interest because if you go over there, the track record suggests the Chiefs will lose.
Speaker 4: But if you're confident that.
Speaker 1: You can't break the break the curse, this is a great gamble for someone from the Australian capital territory to bankroll.
Speaker 4: Us testing this curse.
Speaker 3: This is it I'll for it.
Speaker 1: I just want to say, Okay, well let's do it.
Speaker 3: That's that's a promise. If the Chiefs make the final and it's in Canberra, I'm going.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's an away game for the Chiefs either way, isn't it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Blues if it's up here?
Speaker 4: But then you live in Auckland, So what happens there?
Speaker 1: What are the ramifications of the g line curse?
Speaker 4: If they play the final in Auckland and you're.
Speaker 1: There because you haven't traveled, that's cool. Look, that's something for us to discuss on Monday. If it happens. I really want the the Brumbies to win this. Now you've got a vested interest. I have a vested interest. All right, let's not this thing on the head. Enjoy your super Saturday, Enjoy your sporting weekend. We'll see you on Monday for another episode of the Agenda, and on the same feed we'll have the ACC Sportsbook with the tab out later on for all of your punting info. We'll see you later on.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to the ACC's a gender podcast brought to you by Export Ultra. For more episodes like can follow on iHeartRadio. Of you get your podcast,