Speaker 1: Live from the Export Beer Garden studio and brought to you by Export Ultra, the beer for the rural community down there at the Field Days. This is the Agenda Podcast for Thursday, the thirteenth of June.
Speaker 2: The Agenda Podcast, the home of Sporting Nonsense and the clap Trap, brought to you by Export Vulture.
Speaker 3: Took us a while to get out of the Field Days yesterday, not as much as it took to get out of the v eighth and Topal. That was. That was the next level. I thought it was pretty slightly run the exit.
Speaker 1: Yes, I think, because my long suffering partner was looking at going down. Yeah, and I said to her that the move would be park up up the river a little bit. There's a bloke offering jet boat rides to the Field Days. You pretty much get out off the boat and walk straight into Mystery Creek.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I reckon that's probably the move.
Speaker 1: Forty bucks forty bucks for an hour of fifteen for a kids that return I don't think so that's a good point.
Speaker 3: I think surely that's returned. Nah, I don't think it is. That's what do you do with your car? If you well, then they get you on the way back down there. Ah, that's a been a dirty trick, like.
Speaker 1: Oh no, sorry, we full up mate, we can't take you back. We're only going one way.
Speaker 3: That's why that guy was walking.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, we did see a guy walking out massive lines of traffic and he's walking with his back. I presumed he'd had a barney with someone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he did have him a Swan dry bag full of stuff, all the stuff he probably overspent. The messus like, what are you doing spinning two grand on Swan dry kit? You losing?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And then she would have gone, well, you know what, since you spend all that money, I'm going to go shopping myself. I'm like, well I want to leave, Well you can, but I'm driving all right?
Speaker 3: Fuck you on walking then in the middle of nowhere as well.
Speaker 1: It's something that only you know you see every now and then and you're like, I know exactly what's happened here. Is the only reason that someone could be walking up that road like that is because he's had a blood with the missus, similar to our dear friend Rory McElroy. Yes, that's called a segue in the industry. He had a divorce before. Was it the PGA Championship.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, he won. He won a tournament, and he broke out, won a tournament and then went to the us BGA yeap and didn't do too well, and we backed him. We're having post nut clarity, kind of post divorce clarity, hanging out with Tiger. Yeah, hitting the hooters, just clearing the mind, the body, and the soul. Yes, and he was going to clean up.
Speaker 1: Because in the same week, this was the same week that Scottish Scheffler also got arrested. Yeah, there was a meme going around, you know Brad Pitt from Moneyball, and there's the quote of him being like, fellas, you're still trying to recreate Tiger Woods. We can't do it, But what we can do is recreate him on the aggregate. So if we put Scotti Shifler, and we put man Rory mckel in there. The thing is, we thought this was a massive omen We're like, right, finally all these years of trup Like obviously things haven't been sweet. So now he's put that behind him, He's going to be playing his best golf.
Speaker 3: Little did we know that behind the scenes they're trying.
Speaker 1: To get back together. No, that's exactly what's come out today. He's back with the misses. They've been the divorce.
Speaker 3: We crushed our hunch, our tab hunch on him, are winning that tournament with the post nat clarity. Yeah. And like you said, if we had known all the facts, yes, Rory, that he was trying to get back with her. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And this is the problem when you get back with someone like this, because he will have told his friends.
Speaker 3: Hey, we've got a divorce. Yeah.
Speaker 1: There would have been at least one friend who'd always had that bitch. I'm so glad you got the divorce.
Speaker 3: I'm that guy. And then they.
Speaker 1: Get back together and you're like, fuck, I just told him that I hated his missus.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but yes, way to get I've done that. Yeah. The way to get it goes like I was just trying to make you feel good to me. She's a great lady, you belong together. I was just trying to support you because if you made the decision, I was like, yeah, fuck fuck that. But yeah, so or you just double.
Speaker 1: Down and go, what she sucks, You're idiot. I told you she sucks. I told you she sucks.
Speaker 3: I'm out. I'm out.
Speaker 1: I think I think this is only going to have a negative impact on his skulf surely.
Speaker 3: Yeah, now he's got He's probably made some compromises as well. I imagine, like all relationships. I mean, I've been through it myself in the last ten you make some concessions. You have to make some concessions. And that's only going to be bad for Macroy.
Speaker 1: One hundred percent, because what happens is down the track they're going to have a small argument about something silly. He put the bins out, sure, but he didn't put the tag on it, so the council didn't collect the bin anything from experience.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: This is just a hypothetical that could be something that may have happened. You know, why do you always leave it up to me to this Stuff's going to come up, mindy rubbish. He will say something to her and then she'll go, well, you fucking divorce me.
Speaker 3: You know you started it.
Speaker 1: For the rest of his life, he will have this on her or vice versa. I don't know who initiated it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true. So whichever way it is, they're always going to have that in their back pocket. He may suck, he might suck. Yeah, the long.
Speaker 1: And short of it is whichever way around, it can only impact his golf negatively. He's not going to come up with a laser sharp focus.
Speaker 3: I had a friend who's come back me, and he's always doubted his ability to close out tournaments in the last ten years or so. Your friend. Yeah, and and he's also said he can't even close out a divorce. Yeah, that's true. That's Stephen Maytha. You sent me there. He was like ABC, always be closing, always clo always be closing, couldn't close. The got very close and at fell apart last minute, and now he's back with it. He look from the bottom of my heart. I hope that he's happy. I hope she's happy. Everything's worked themselves out. I hope they live a long and happy, healthy life together. I reckon they won't. I hope they do too. I just can't. I just can't see. It's trying to be a bit genuine.
Speaker 1: And the victims here are us, the gambling public, because we were honey dicked into thinking here.
Speaker 3: Comes Rory bachelor. Rory is going to be on one.
Speaker 1: He's out of hurt as a tiger the night before he's coming.
Speaker 3: And you know what, do you reckon? I was going to say to m the US Open.
Speaker 1: He puts you, Now, it's just me and John Dailey around at the hooders were supposed to be there.
Speaker 3: Charlie Woods is probably even shaking his head. You see, he's the swing He's Tiger's swing coach. Now is that as I mean? Does Tiger need a swing coach? Probably not. I think it's just one of those things where you want to you're allowed to have a team around you at the US Open. Yeah, you give a caddy, you have a manager, you have a swing coach, and you have a nutrition coach. Whatever, you're allowed to wider squad. He's gone, hey, Charlie, you want to be in a swing coach.
Speaker 1: He's like totally, that's exactly what he's done. It is Kaylon Pong is dad working for the night. It's just like, let's make up a bullshit title. We'll bring this guy in. What's some Steve Henson's job over at the rugby director Yeah, director of rugby operations or something like that.
Speaker 3: And it's like he's not the coach, Nat, but he's just I can call naggy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, pretty much. He's got he's got a roller dicks. That's actually what it is because he that's where Joe Muno is going.
Speaker 3: So I think I'll tak nug he got him on cer it.
Speaker 1: That's no good to me, Nuggy, He's no good, Maggie.
Speaker 3: I need a phone number, another cell phone. I need a landline. Yeah, that is exactly what they paid him for.
Speaker 1: And that's why Charlie's the swing coach as well, because it's like, who kiss, we're talking about poaching players from rugby league to rugby union again. If there's any young broadcasters out there listening, that's how you do a segue. Carter Gordon has signed with the Titans.
Speaker 3: Outrageous. I mean, obviously they the Titans know something that I don't because I saw Carter Gordon play against the Hurricanes. He had a shocking first half here. And he's not a big guy because in the league it's a totally different body shape, Like everyone's pretty much the same size in terms of height. They're not tall, No, they're not tall. They're like bump into Steve Price. I'm taller than Steve Price. I mean wide, don't get me wrong, he is, how but most of the players are except about two positions, which is the halves yeah, generally if fullback's quite tall. And yeah, but the fullback these days have to be quite big because you're running it back like you are running it back from those kicks, and you can't be Terry Wright. Yeah, you've got to be like Charms. He's a solid unit. He's a unit. Yeah, he's a total unit. And so yeah, I don't know where they're going to put card of Gordon and he doesn't strike me as someone and go he'd be good at league. No, I get the The thing is, so he's a pivot in union. If he's a pivot in league, he'd be a half back.
Speaker 1: I think maybe that, But it's quite full on to throw the keys of your franchise to a guy who has just come over from a different sport. You know what I mean, it's quite it'd be quite a steep learning curve. Having said that, they are two very similar games. The Australian and New Zealand accents of sport.
Speaker 3: Maybe well maybe we don't know. Maybe Carda Gordon grew up plainly Yeah, probably, you know what I mean, Like I have no background there. I'm just saying just from his rugby rugby career, it doesn't strike me as the kind of guy you grab him chuck into a vegan environment. We had I had heard this rumor quite a few times.
Speaker 1: Was it? Am I right in thinking he was the only first five that Eddie Jones took over the World Cup?
Speaker 3: I think he was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they did only take one, which is what it was, such a slap in the face to Quade Cooper, which where we left it so much.
Speaker 3: I mean, Quake Koper for me, would I'd say, okay, you'd have a go at league. Oh'd be all right, he'd be a great fallback. Yeah, so yes, I'd say, Hamma wouldn't be surprised. But Carda Gordon, I don't know unless he goes over summer, eats a thousand chickens protein shakes and puts on another fifteen kgs MM test them. Yeah, just cart Gordon, Yeah, just see some dirty bulking.
Speaker 1: It's like in the NBA in the off season, all of the fir rookies, every single one of them, without fail, puts on fifteen pounds of muscle, not fourteen, not twenty, not ten. Fifteen pounds. Time is because anything over there is beyond the limit of a human body to put on in enough season so they always say you put on fifteen pounds, but he probably put on thirty. But they don't want to be like, you know, he's put on more muscle because then they test them. Yeah, same thing when a white guy dunks in the NBA. Next day, random drug tests every type, every single type. White guy dunks all of a sudden, the what are they called the ustata show up the next day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I list in this cup here, mate, what's that guy, McClung. He didn't he win the dunk competition? Mack mclung, Yeah, yeah he did. He must be tested every week.
Speaker 1: He was in the G League at that point when actually I think the A team signed him to like a ten day contractor so he could go and play, go and do the dunk contest.
Speaker 3: Would you rather be a bench player in the NBA who hardly gets any time, just warm in the pine and doing high fives and waving yeah, wave your towel around, or would you be back to back NBA All Star Slam Dunk Competition winner and playing the G League? Oh?
Speaker 1: NBA, I think NBA really yeah?
Speaker 3: Not getting any game time. You might get a couple of minutes a season.
Speaker 1: And he's getting your ass busted, and yeah, that would be pretty brutal. The guys in the G League as well, though, there's always a guy in the G League is scored like averaging like forty something points because they're all looking out for themselves.
Speaker 3: Two times Dunk Champ and you're always in contention, but you're back to back, you could go three like yeah, yeah, talking, you're Nationwide TV. You're probably gonna get sponsorship out of the back of it. You differently cot a sponsor. You kick ass at dunking, dunking, you're doing fucking between the leagues behind the head and the hope.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, No, I think I'm still going in the league. Yeah, I think you just get I mean, what the minimum salaries and million dollars a year, so that's already on quite decent money.
Speaker 3: No one's no one's cueuing out to sponsor you, though, are they. No, they're not, they're not.
Speaker 1: But I mean, I guess I could play for the Tall Blacks. I suppose if you and the Dunk contest, you could play for the till Blacks too. Yeah, I just would like to have NBA player on my ceving.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm going dunk You're going dunk. I'm going dunk because I reckon. You've got longevity in your career because you're like three times two time World Dunk champ and you can just head down and do some dunks down at Big Park. Yeah, for ten grand for a sponsor. Meanwhile, you're sponsored by up the Young End. You're pretty much It is a good You're rickey Bobby for the rest of your life. You cover it in like yeah, and you just show up and you do your dunk on. You could travel the world doing that, genuinely. Yeah, And I don't reckon. Many people would remember when I show it on the bench for the Timberwolves who played no minutes, Yeah, and the twenty four but you remember and I Stuart who won back to back All Stars Slam Dunk competition.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I'll tell you what, if we want a championship, I'd make a name for myself at the parade, but.
Speaker 3: You'd have your ring. You'd be walking around with your ring.
Speaker 1: One hundred percent. I ran two half marathons and I wear the metal still to under your T shirt right now under my T shirt. My missus hates it because when I get up to go to go piss in the middle of the night, the jingling wakes her up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I'd go in there, you'd go, I'm going to slam dunk you do. Yeah, I quite like that. All right, let's take a quick break.
Speaker 1: Then when we come back, We've got a new segment that I've been wanting to do for a while. I figure the Super Rugby Semifinals are as good a time as any to.
Speaker 3: Do it, So we'll debut that right after this.
Speaker 1: Ever, something that blokes like to do lane sitting around at the pub and a car on the way back from the field days as we did yesterday, Off is wak off. And so for today's podcast, we're going to work off for the next seavenk No, it is just talk about old players, dudes considered a pub and just list old rugby battlers for hours on end. And so I wanted to take a look back at some of the great Super Rugby teams for Throwback Thursday.
Speaker 3: This week.
Speaker 1: I wanted to go back to the last time that these teams have played each other in the semifinals, and we'll do it.
Speaker 3: Again next week before the final. So the last time.
Speaker 1: That the Canes met the Chiefs in the semi Finals of Super Rugby was in twenty sixteen. That was the year that the Canes won it, and the teams back then. I actually was surprised by how some of the Chiefs team was, how many players are still there, because twenty sixteen is, you know, eight years ago. It is a long time ago. It feels like it was just last year, but it was a long time ago. So let me run through the Chiefs team first. Damien McKenzie.
Speaker 3: He must have been so young. Yeah, he must have been just twenty maybe or twenty one, twenty two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he does kind of feel like he's been around forever, but yeah, he must have been. Sam McNichol never heard of him, No, never set that to money Valu was in at center.
Speaker 3: Anton Lennart Brown was at sickond five, very young and young young.
Speaker 1: Doe bro Yes, Irish winger James Lowe was still on the wing for the Chiefs at that point.
Speaker 3: In the first five. Was none other than Aaron Cruden.
Speaker 1: Yep fondly TKB was the half back. Tom Sanders, sam Kin and Tallna Sue were the loose Ford trio.
Speaker 3: Not a great loose fortrum obviously sam Kin, but Tom Sanders and Sue. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Brady Hallet Yeah, was in there alongside Dominic Birds. A great second row are two morally, Nathan Harris and Caine Eames.
Speaker 3: We're in the front row with.
Speaker 1: A bench of Hiker Elliott, Sigfried, Fishy Hoy, Mitch Graham, Lachlan Boucher, yep Ta, Vita Coloa, Ma, Tongey, Brad Weber, and Tony Pulu. And Shooter Stephenson was on the bench as well.
Speaker 3: Ah, so very young Shooter Stephenson. Yeah. Like not the on paper, not the greatest Chiefs lineup, if I'm honest.
Speaker 1: No, it's a far cry from the back to back Chiefs. But I think it's interesting looking at this the team this weekend and how many of those dudes have been in this team for so long.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Doughbro McKenzie, Stephenson, Yeah, I didn't. I had no idea that Stevenson was in there. Nathan Harris is still in the widest squad as well, is he Chiefs.
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah right, so a lot of a lot of continuity there at the Chiefs. Unfortunately they did go down to the eventual champions, the Hurricanes.
Speaker 3: So hit me with the Hurricanes old schools.
Speaker 1: I love this It starts with what all aired podcaster and Crusader's assistant coach, James Marshall.
Speaker 3: Not the cricketing James Marshall, not the curly headed James Marshall, not the twin. No, James Marshall was the fallback that year.
Speaker 1: Cory Jane was on one week Yeah, Matt Proctor was the center. Willis Halahulla was the second five. Jason Woodward on the other on. Boden Barrett of course was the first five. TJ Petnada yep. Who will be playing this weekend as well? The loose Ford trio is powerful. Victor Vito, Ardie Savia, Brad Shields Jesus that is.
Speaker 3: Mighty well you got Shields is playing in this weekend. Yeah, I think he's off the bench again. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Victor Veto's shirtless in an aired going around social media at the moment, which I actually quite like. Michael Faziolofa and via Fa feder were the second rowers. He had a very he was via Fa Fedo I thought was one of those unlucky sort of Yeah.
Speaker 3: His nickname is ten foot for feeder on the ACC and I think he sees he did pretty early.
Speaker 1: Yeah, That's one of those ones where he sort of saw the riding on the wall was like, I don't think I'm going to a lockdown either a six or a second row.
Speaker 3: Probably why is actually at the time because you had white lock and retallic as well in those locking stocks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Dogrell, Yeah, who you know? Dog Roll played all of the positions that Via Fafeeda did, Ben made, Ricky Ricottelli Lonnie Uhila were the front row.
Speaker 3: Ben made an absolute monster.
Speaker 1: Ricky Rickattelli with a South African flag next to his name, interesting that he was South African. Yeah, and again didn't realize he was playing that long ago. Yeah, Ricky Rickattelly the for the Canes, Lenny Uppy side it was on the bench alongside Chris Eves, Mike King and Mark Abbott, Tony Lambon, Jamison Gibson Park, Vince Usall and Julian Savia was on the bench for that.
Speaker 3: Vince Usall and I.
Speaker 1: Seem to remember Savia came on relatively early.
Speaker 3: Mandela effects.
Speaker 1: But anyway, those were the teams the last time that the Hurricanes played the Chiefs, and again the Hurricanes won quite handled as well. Twenty five verse nine only the three penalties, Yeah to Damien McKenzie. And what a year that was for the Hurricanes. So they take each other on on Saturday night. You'll be commentating that one on Saturday afternoon thirty.
Speaker 3: Yep, they've moved to accommodate the Warriors. But have you heard what the Hurricanes have said? We prefer to play in the afternoons. Of course, it's like, come on, Dex, No, you don't just say it. You prefer playing at seven, you prefer people watching you on sky. That's right, That is right. Let's not call it anything other than what it is.
Speaker 1: Brumbi's versus the Blues. Okay, this one is as exciting as you thought it might be. The last time they played each other in the semifinals was in two thousand and three, on the way to the blues last legitimate Super Rugby title.
Speaker 3: They didn't they play each other a couple of years ago, but it was all the same. They played each other in twenty two. Yeah, that's boring it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I've come back to two thousand and three the Blues and that year they were unstoppable forty two to twenty one. Let me read you through their scene. This is why they were unstoppable that two thousand and three team. Incredible, Doug Hawllett Dougie style at the back. He scored a try in that gameca Gear Mills, Mully in it, slamming Sammy too. Topo was in there, Joe one. That's a that's a back line. You got rock O'thoco. That's basically an all black. I mean they all were all blacks in their own rights, but that is almost an all black back line. Steve Divine in there underneath the Australian flag. He would go on to represent the All Blacks as well. Xavier Rush was number eight, Daniel Braid, Justin Collins fake Jerry Collins.
Speaker 3: Was in there.
Speaker 1: Ali Williams was in the second row alongside Angus McDonald. The front row consisted of Deacon mun Who, Kevin me Lamu and the Mighty Case Mews.
Speaker 3: That is good. That's a good team.
Speaker 1: That is a powerful team. They had Tony Woodcock on the bench and Meek and Brad Meeker. David Gibson ARENI I E in the least tense.
Speaker 3: This tell you they're my favorite. Arena Ie Sledge at a Blues game when he came on, he knocked it on and guy to stood up went, you know what your problem as a renae too many vows, not enough consonants. It was the smartest sledge I've ever heard. It didn't get the credit it deserved. I was like I was, and everyone else is like, shut up, deck kid.
Speaker 1: You wouldn't want to play that guy at scrabble. He'd kick your ass when he pulls out a reny ie for Brumby Wise, I'm looking. I want Stephen Larkhams, I want Gregan's.
Speaker 3: I know it's.
Speaker 1: Actually a little but disappointing. There's a few of those players not missing. I was in my mind again, Mendela effect. I was imagining the your mortlocks you it was not in this team. Uh the team reads lastly Joe Roff.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's right, real he was kind of a he was a real Metell stark of a man a. Yeah, quite a lot of pock marks. Yeah, Joe Roff was at the back.
Speaker 1: Damien Mcmackinellly, Joel Wilson, Pat Howard, Mark Girard Mark Bartholomew. This is not the Brumbies backline. You're thinking, no, and presumably that's why they got humped. Now, we get into the good stuff. George Greganye was in there, halfback, Scott Father, George Smith, Oh yeah, open side flanker, so mighty Hawdawer, Dan Vickerman, I was a lot, David Griffin, Ben Dow and Jeremy Paul.
Speaker 3: Yes, the hooker. The hooker.
Speaker 1: He was a Kewi. Yeah, remains a key. He lives in Australia. It's quite funny. I am in a past life from the mainstream media. Had quite a few dealings with him, and on Rugby seven on PlayStation he had like a ninety something speed rating. So whenever we were picking teams, it was a race to get Jeremy Paul because we're like, there's some sort of glitch in the system where he's as fast as Doug hell than on this game. And so when I talked to him one day, I was just like, Jeremy, like I told him the whole story about Rugby seven. I was like, who did you pay off for EA Sports to get that rating? And he was just like go back and watch the tape mate. I was fucking quick. So yeah, Jeremy Ball was in there. Bill Young was the front rather bench basically Justin Harrison was on the bench.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, funk Houser funk Houses doing the commentary at the.
Speaker 1: And so that was the tame so again, yeah, it was a far cry so Thekman that that would they have come in.
Speaker 3: No, I think that'd gone by done by then. Yeah, because that's what I remember. He's stealing more locks her unless they were injured.
Speaker 1: Unless so potentially the final score line in that one was forty two plays twenty one.
Speaker 3: So I think that's going to be I think it's going to be a similar score. Yeah, I think I think it's going to be similar. I think it'll be pretty high scoring. Blues on paper look a lot better. Yeah, we'll get into that tomorrow. We will get into that tomorrow. So yeah, Throwback Thursday. I like it.
Speaker 1: Just blokes sitting around talking about old footy players. I think this is I think we're a want to hear. We have a mountain of voicemails to get through, so we're going to take a quick break.
Speaker 3: We'll be back with yours Please, yours please. Brought to you by Leader.
Speaker 1: For new listeners to the podcast, this is your opportunity to get involved. We have a microphone button on the iHeartRadio app so you go to the podcast, you click the microphone button, you record a message.
Speaker 3: I think the limits thirty seconds. It is yeah, which is good. Actually otherwise I think some of these could go on.
Speaker 1: Yes, they could, so without any further ado, let's get into them. Call the one yours please, Yeah, you get there.
Speaker 5: Mary, first time call a long time listener. I'm heading along to the bluest Bromies game this afternoon this Friday. Put myself take it thirty five bucks, probably in the wet in Auckland. It's going to be pissing with rain and I'm looking forward to, you know, buy my round boys forty five bucks. Some water down spates can't be today. The live experience of rugby can't beat it. Hello, Fox South Canterbury.
Speaker 3: I'm hearing it. I'm here and look I've just looked at the forecast. He is right. It's thunderstorms possibly overnight, but it's become more persistent and heavier late evening, so that might get away with it. Actually you might just get away with it before the game, but it's unless it comes a bit earlier. But rain developing this afternoon. I didn't know that that. I hadn't even bothered looking. The wet has been so good the last few days. I've just presumed that's going to change the dynamic.
Speaker 1: Of this match, you think, so, yeah, in favor of Thees, you think they like the wet.
Speaker 3: I just don't know if the Blues like the wet.
Speaker 1: They don't seem to. For a team that plays in the wet quite often.
Speaker 3: I don't know. They've just got backs then that like to be a bit of rares dares. Yeah they do, so, I don't know. I didn't know that. But yeah, look, God bless you for getting a ticket and going along. I'm sure the Blues will appreciate it. Admittedly that the experience at Eton Park has got a lot better. They've put a lot more show lights in. They have a band going around stuff like that, but a marching band. Yeah, but like we see it, I think the crux of it you mentioned that experience relies in your f and B. So yeah, once once, and don't say you're going to save Crafty and that makes the experience better. It doesn't. It's not.
Speaker 1: It's the price, yeah, and that's that's them trying to justify the price, like, oh we've got these Crafty's on. It's like, no, I don't want that. About a five dollar count of ex that's exactly what I want, and let me not. I don't want to miss the game to get them either. You know, if I'm sitting with three of my mates, one of us should be able to shoot up and come back and just miss a couple of phases of play.
Speaker 3: How about a canny Export ultra and a bag of snack of chenis for six bucks and a top halftime Yeah, and just get sit back to you. That's what you gets. That's the game they package. Maybe it's including your ticket and a leisure club hootie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ten bucks and be account and free delivery from deliveries the next morning breakfast and look.
Speaker 3: And if you're building your home, we could put in some fully in slanted concrete foundations from Max Raff. Well we could tell you what two birds one stone.
Speaker 1: We could renovate it and park for them as well and put fully in slated concrete foundations.
Speaker 3: I think we've got all bases covered. Well, good luck to you tonight, Good on you for going along tomorrow tomorrow.
Speaker 6: Not sorry, we're all at seat. Another caller here yours, please just a quick one in regards to beers at the footy. Why don't I say selling the full forty mili cans because it's like a thirty percent increase from the three.
Speaker 3: Thirty mil cans.
Speaker 6: Lower the price by a couple of bucks, and you've got yourself a winner.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 1: You can order two or three at a time heavy days, and then you're not lining up so often.
Speaker 3: I don't know, just the thought.
Speaker 1: Cheers.
Speaker 3: I like you thinking. Actually for me, it works in the winter because beer doesn't get cold, yeah, get warm? Sorry, yeah, I actually with the big King cans is when you've got them in your hand and they do get warm. Yeah, that bottom third, so they'll need to come with some sort of curly Oh we can sort that, yeah, I mean we can sort the curly little aces. We used to make gloves for beer festivals. Yes, right, we had the drinking gloves. Yeah, yeah, to stop your beer getting warm. I like it. But you know what, there be some licensing bullshit around size of your drink. At Mount Smart you can get four forty your cans.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of a competitors product that I shan't name, But I think I think that I do genuinely think that that's a good idea. Yeah, more volume than you don't have to get up as often. I'd go as far as say the five hundred milk cans. Have you seen those stacker cups. We tried to get some in. We're basically they're big plastic caps with a.
Speaker 3: Handle on the side, so you don't you don't have your hand around the cup making it warm. And then you can stack them on top of each other so you can bring back ten beers if you want, stacked on top of and the handle clips into the top handle. No, I haven't seen them. The stack cups. They're fucking great. South Africa have nailed it. Have you any game in South Africa? You see they're all got the stack cups. It's like a mini jug.
Speaker 1: Oh and if the trade offers I've got to put up with the vouvuzela, then so bad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you pay a depositive start, but fuck, I mean they make rent you at festivals for those stupid plastic cups.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Yeah, yeah, yeah, I think the four to forty mili can is a great idea. I just hope, because I'm terrible with maths that when he said that it's ten percent more.
Speaker 3: That he's right. Because if he's not, the people will come for him.
Speaker 1: In the voicemails, we are sticklers for mathematics here.
Speaker 3: On this podcast, or we aren't.
Speaker 1: We aren't, but the wider audiences you and I personally atrocious. I once added what nine and six together to get eighteen?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was quite something. And then you add it together again and still got it wrong.
Speaker 1: Got fourteen? Yeah, I got further away. Yeah, math not my strong suit. Another caller here, your splits.
Speaker 3: When I'm driving downtown with the girl and I'm like, fucked up.
Speaker 1: Terway, okay, uh sello gret in there. I like to think that that's someone saying welcome back to the podcast man after being away.
Speaker 3: From as I interpret that, it's the same thing. Another caller here, you're spits.
Speaker 4: These are courtside rugby field seat ticket things. Is that not similar to the KFC box that have done a lead the park? If you guys did want it to be a lot better?
Speaker 2: A little bit of a.
Speaker 4: Beer lounge, live commentary, live commentary, lounge, got fuck cramming the caravan, even cramming the caravan. A couple of exports, couple of toppers, been of mischief.
Speaker 3: Yeah, look, I mean the KC thing is fine. It's like it's just like a little container that fits twenty people and put it in the worst spot though. It was on the corner. I'm talking proper sideline. I'm talking like you are sitting next to the players like this ifing and blinding, the coaches yelling, like there's chaos all around you like the NBA. Yes, yeah, and maybe on the other side where there aren't the players, that's where you have the beer festival. Because I went to Eden Park on the day for a conference, and you're right, the Breakers could play at the same time on the far side of Eden Park, you know, went from where the players sit. There was so much room between the sideline and the stand that you could do a double heater Breakers Blues.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I've said they tried. A couple of years ago. I went to a couple of games they had. They'd set up like a stand and there was a couch on there, and there were people sitting on that couch watching the game. But it was just like a few radio hosts or something. It wasn't like people could buy the tickets soon yeah, yeah, So I was like, but surely you could set that up. You know you always got the space there. I think that'd be a goat. We, for various legal reasons, aren't allowed to take the caravan onto most grounds around the country, so that might be hard to do. But I do like the idea of it sitting there live commentary. You can listen to us, we'll commentate from the ground.
Speaker 3: Yeah, from the caravan, and you guys can just have your own beer festival there people be logo, what if they run on the field. I mean, come on, in fact, that's a risk everywhere also as if that's not happening already. Yeah, that's what I mean. But I mean look if someone new didn't find.
Speaker 1: Yeah all right, yeah, we're all on board, but for various legal reasons, it probably won't happen.
Speaker 3: Another call to here your space.
Speaker 7: Yeah you get it, boys, it's jack off will be here again. Fucking hell.
Speaker 3: How dumb are you guys?
Speaker 7: The high food and drink prices putting people off going to the rugby. It's the invention of the sky go at, which means plebs like me can wrex the old man's sky can watch it from the comfort of the couch at home while listening to mediocre commentary.
Speaker 3: Think about it anyway. I love you boys. Funks canbry Like you said, no, I agree, I mean if he be as part of it, but like, yeah, I'd say that you bought it up. The creature comforts of home, Yeah, I mean most like I saying, most of the audience are milking the appearance Skygo accounts or their x Yeah. Yeah, but there's nothing. Nothing beats go into actually the live event. I mean, sure, it's great at home watching it on a Skygo account until your dad wants to watch something else on Skygo and you've earn a fight off who watched device it's going to be on.
Speaker 1: Just on that note, I think I'm sorry if I've told this story before, but I a bloke was telling me one day that when he was younger, remember you still have to split the sky, yeah thing, and you would have the sky in the main room and then you could pay extra to have a cable go to another room. But the problem was back then you would just have to watch what the other person was watching. Now, he had his bedroom down in the basement and his dad was upstairs watching TV.
Speaker 3: Mom went to bit.
Speaker 1: Dad takes a look around Spice Spoe channel into the old code, Yeah, pays a little bit of coin, and then Chuck's on a bit of blue. Yeah, this guy's done in the basement dad, and Dad's flicked over to the thing and now he's got a decision. Do I sit here and watch the same thing that my dad's watching up in the thing and we have a father's son bonding moment that I can never tell him about, or do I switch to TV off?
Speaker 3: How would you play that I'd had to switch it off because I couldn't. I wouldn't get out of my mind of my dad, like choking the hole like that would That's probably like the one thing that you know, if you get an unexpected heart on that you would think about to get rid of it. There's Maggie Thatcher in the Nude. There's all sorts of things you can think about, but that is potentially the unsexiest thing you could think of. Is your dad on the lounge with his pants half rent down, his knees jerking off.
Speaker 1: He'd really have to, he'd really have to be able to compartmentalize what was going on.
Speaker 3: TV's off for me, Yeah, TV's off for me, And his cheeky text about an hour later, so hey, can you.
Speaker 1: Turn it down up there, I can hear everything that's going on, which, funny enough, is probably also what live sports are competing with. Yes, there's going to be, but you know, you raise a good point that it is when you look out the window and it's raining sideways and it's a meaningless game.
Speaker 3: Around twenty three of the NRAL, are you gonna are you gonna? Yeah? Are you going to crash one hundred and fifty bucks?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Or are you going to sit at home with your parents? Free? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Sky account and of course the living crisis. I just thank god that the sky Go account. You can watch whatever you want and you're don't beholden whatever anyone else is watching. Another caller here, you're spars Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, go on, chuck a live stream up people watching the Field Days sort out the farmers from the Buckwards.
Speaker 1: But on mine there And that was a reply to yesterday's podcast. We were live from the Field Days. If you haven't listened to it's quite a goody, go and listen to it. We talked to Lee yep, and we had a bit of few people what And I guess because it's an audio only medium, a lot of people were just sort of having to imagine it. But it would be good to have a WEE live stream.
Speaker 3: There just people watching commentary. Yeah, were you commentated literally a marble race? Yeah? Well I just walked into that, didn't we It was the Fonterra tint and I was like, what's going on here? And then I said to the guy, can I start the marble race? He didn't know who we were. You can, so, yeah, didn't he? I think he even said do you want to start it? Yeah? You can go put the marbles yeah. So and then and then I wasn't planning on commentating it. In fact, I feel like you tried not to, but it just happened. Well, the thing was, it's such a long marble race that was real like it was a great setup. What it was was a bunch of marbles. It was to teach kind of children the journey from farm to fridge, from grass to glass. Yeah, the dairy process and you know, it goes down and it goes to the farm, the cows, the farm, the sheared, the truck to the factory, you know, to the well. And it was it took about I reckon a minute longer than I thought it was it.
Speaker 1: Took so long that when we uploaded it to Facebook, the end clipped off, so people watched it for about a minute and then didn't know who was Yeah, which is black one?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Black one? Yeah, black marble beat the white marbles. Don't really too far into that.
Speaker 1: What it was supposed to do was teach children about the process again from farm to table. But what it actually taught them I think was gambling because they stood on a color and that correlated to the marble, and.
Speaker 3: They won something when they the winning marble won a prize.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right, and so I think that was actually an activation for gambling rather than for milk. But yeah, I think people, the people watching at any event like that is excellent. I think particularly at the Field Days, it's great. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I think we should do it. We should get there.
Speaker 3: Just the light tune, just sit there. Check that guy, you know. There were some magnificent mullets. Yeah, and some magnificent motors as well. The amount of time in my side my head, I was singing, motor, what your Birthday?
Speaker 1: There was a man that I saw that has burnt into my memory, and he was because he was wearing just long John's as pants. It was, it was aggressive and despite how cold it was, he was giving a good account of himself. So that has scarred me. So I'd like to move on another call here yours boose lads.
Speaker 9: I know we are in New Zealand's number one sports podcasts, but we will admit that we've got two weaknesses here at the ACC. That's women's sports and football. I'll give you a pass on one, but I want to talk about football. I've been sitting here all week waiting for you to talk about the biggest football news in New Zealand in a long time and it's not happened. Chalked it up to him and I have been in Bali you know, the drinking. But no, when are we going to talk about Alex Paulson being signed by Bournemouth in the Premier League.
Speaker 1: It's huge, It's huge, and he's your favorite player. Alex Paulson is my favorite player. I would have his haircut in a heartbeat if I could. And you know, if it went to Pens, I think we would have won that semi final that's ever went to Spotties.
Speaker 3: I think we were winning that one.
Speaker 1: The final that's just my sorry the final, Yeah, that's just sort of my.
Speaker 3: My no semi final. So we didn't make the final?
Speaker 1: Is that right?
Speaker 3: Semi final? Adam? We made the final? You really dose whole? Yeah? So again, OK, football bit of a blind swell and listen. Good news though for the Phoenix because they would have got the transfer fee for that, wouldn't they well, which is a significant transfer fee for him, two million dollars for Poulsen to go over to the EPL. Great good on them. That's awesome. It's awesome for him. It has great news and maybe we should have got Jason Pine on to talk about that.
Speaker 1: I do wonder if Super Rugby the way it's going not to immediately swerve off football where you are, but I am the way it's going if we open it up to players playing overseas. I think that's basically what our competition is going to be like, if you're too good for our camp, you get poached and you disappear. Yeah, you know, is that a bad thing for the camp? I guess it's realistic like that is.
Speaker 3: To objects a bit of cash into it, because obviously Phoenix now got a bit more cash to throw around to get some more players. Yeah, that's right, as they've lost a couple of goodies. I've lost the striker and i've the goalie, which arguably with the two piece plays.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well and again this is the problem that you play too well, you're gonna get posted. But again for him, great, excellent, wonderful another call here you'se.
Speaker 8: Yeah good a fellas, so you've wrote soon was courtside at the NBA Finals in Game two were Boston won. And I also noticed that the NBA started linking the Indian cricket team and the ICC on their Instagram and I saw that a post got a billion likes. So probably look forward to the NBA abusing that in the future and Fox South Canterbury.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a smart move. I mean it's like Joe Jury does it every now. If you time he wants to maybe give the the ACC socials a bit of it, he just sends out an acendury meme, usually around rat coolie and a dog or whatever, and what do you know, they go through the roof.
Speaker 1: It does It's so much now that that video of you commentating the Marble race. The first two comments were from an Indian cricket fan page and they were like, screenshot this, now India to win the teacher when he World Cup, come back and thank me later or something.
Speaker 3: It was like, this is completely fucking unrelated to that. He's literally commentating a fucking marble race. This is this is how far the the Indian body counts have gone. Yeah, it's a great ploy though. I'm glad they utilized that and chacked a player court side, and because that is great. It's a great move from the NBA's Yeah, and like and for Boston because you get ten percent of India. Oh, as far as I'm eaguely interested in basketball, Oh yeah, what's that? One hundred million people?
Speaker 1: As far as I'm aware, there's only ever been one Indian player in the NBA and his name was Simbula and he was about seven foot five. It was an absolute freak show. Yeah, And I don't think that did much for the for the for the global game, for the game globally, but you're right if you get just a small fraction of that population watching it, and I'd love it too because they love big, flashy superstars.
Speaker 3: Yeah. They love the playing as well. Yeah, and the NBA has more of that than any other league. Anywhere.
Speaker 1: I think we've got a couple more, No more, We're done. All right, we got through them. Thank you very much for joining us. It was actually quite a long podcast for a Thursday. We'll be back tomorrow with the ACC Sports Book with Carl from the TAIRB.
Speaker 3: You might have to apologize them to them on by Behalf.
Speaker 1: I went back and listened to last Friday's episode of the Agenda that I thoroughly enjoyed.
Speaker 3: Couldn't bring myself to listen to the sports Book. Yeah, I can't imagine me. Not many people did. I think I might park it.
Speaker 1: But we will be back tomorrow for a fresh edition of the a SEC Sports Book as well as the Agenda podcast.
Speaker 3: Will see you then.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to the ACC's Agenda Podcast, brought to you by Export Ultra. For more episodes like can follow on iHeartRadio or well off you get your podcasts