Speaker 1: Live from the Export Beer Gaden Studio and brought to you was always by Export Ultra of the beer for here. This is the Agenda Podcast for Tuesday, the third of December.
Speaker 2: The Agenda Podcast, the home of Sporting Nonsense and clap Trap brought to you my next sport Ultra A.
Speaker 1: Couple of points to get to to pull you behind the curtain to start the podcast. We gave the you to it.
Speaker 3: Oh, I know, but you did. I gave the you away. I passed. I handed him over the keys. He's a great New Zealander though, drove down from Fay pick it up from Auckland. He had one of the most magnificent shampooed mullets. You know. It's one of those ones that's long and luscious and yeah, ads is a beautiful thing. And I felt like the ninety eight Ford Falcon you has gone to a better place.
Speaker 1: At win cheap wind cheap, it went for about twelve grand. Yeah, and I know that someone's going to listen to this and go O would have paid more than that for that. Well, you had your chance, we told you all about it.
Speaker 3: Handed him over is five grands worth of goodies.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: He was stoked the fact that I was dressed up he had to toe like Broke Back Mountain put him off a little bit. Yeah, because we had a photo shoot for something we're going to have to reveal in twenty five Yes, evolving cowboys, Yes, which I think the listeners will be pretty excited about.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 3: So yeah, it's a little that's what you call tease. Yeah till next year. Yeah, but no, it was it was the money went directly into the November all, every last cent of it. We didn't even see the money. We just gave them the November account.
Speaker 1: That was a taxi shoe. Yeah, it was dexter shoe. We didn't want to skim any of the top.
Speaker 3: No, we didn't want to be accused of anything.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 3: I went straight in there and yet farewell, you were you've gone through in your first stage of grief?
Speaker 1: What's on denial? Yeah? Then anger? Yeah? No no, no, yeah, I've been through denial then anger. Then what's what's the next?
Speaker 3: Your resentment as well? You're quite resent You're quite resentful. You were like, do you want to come and give this sayhi, argument enough, I hate the car, I hate him.
Speaker 1: Stages of grief. I'll look them up there. Shive denial. That was the first one. I went straight into. Denial was like we came out of the meeting where I said, well, look, if we're going to sell the let's sell the URT. And then I came out of the meeting. I was like, no, I didn't. I didn't say that we're not selling the anger. Then I was angry first of all that everyone else for even coming up the idea. Secondly with myself bargaining. That was when I was running the bidding up on the ute. That was bargaining. I was bargaining with myself. I was bargaining with my partner. I was bargaining with anyone else who was placing a bit a bid. Rather depression, which I think is where I'm at now. I'm not at acceptance yet, and the way I've gone about it as I've gone it's like when you see you make go through a breakup, Well, when you go through a breakap yourself. It's way easier to be dumped than it is to dump someone. I think because you can blame them, make them the bad guy, if they cheated or whatever it was that they did, then you can be like that piece of shit I hate them. That's why. Worse than being like, oh, actually all right, you need something to make them the villain, and so I've just gone fuck that guy. They bought that. You shout out to him, love you, but.
Speaker 3: But you just don't want to meet him. Yeah, we'll see him, no, okay.
Speaker 1: Someone asked me if I wanted to drive the ud Hume the other day. I said no, No, I threw the keys onto Lawren's desk because I don't even want to see them again.
Speaker 3: Well good, because for the past what three months, even since we announced we were going to sell it, I've been terrified that either you or Joe Jurry, we're going to put it into a fence post.
Speaker 1: So has Joe, so he stopped driving it me. I could that outside the Warriors part the other day he right in front of Luke Kemy's esail. The whole thing. I'm in the dog box, and really it's one of the more bizarre dog boxes I've ever been in. You might relate to this. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I've been in a few.
Speaker 1: I know you've been in a fair few, but this is one of the few that actually one of the fear few that doesn't revolve or have anything to do with alcohol or being out. She was actually with me the whole time. Yesterday after work, she had a We went shopping for her secrets into a thing. So we'll find ourselves a work one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, not your personal one when you were here.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, So we find ourselves at the mall. Actually wasn't too bad to be fear like, I know, I was preparing for this is going to be a shit show. Actually wasn't too bad. We get into the mall last week when we played cricket. Was that last week week before?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Whatever? When we played cricket, I dropped my glasses and stood on them and I bent them, and so I was like, look, while she's shopping, I'm going to take them into one of these glasses shops and see if they can straighten them out. Drop them off, leave ten minutes, come back. She's standing there, the girl behind the counter. She goes, oh, hey, yeah, straighten them out, try them on. And I tried them on. I was like, yeah, they're perfect, right deal. Actually, then she goes, do you want this case? Because I noticed you didn't have a case to them. I was like, yeah, how much do you want for the case. She's like, I'm feeling generous today. And then she and then I said, well, how much to are you for the service on the glass or what? She goes, no charge, no charge, and then gave me put the glasses in the case, gave me the case. I'll walk back, show the message. She goes, Oh, who's this special to give you a case and and a bloody free glasses.
Speaker 3: I love how you know no one's allowed to be nice to you. There's always an ulterior mode. What did you do? What did you leave it at number in the glasses case for you?
Speaker 1: As well? Did she lifted perfume on the glasses? I can smell it still remains with me. So I'm in the dog box for something I didn't even realize I was going to be.
Speaker 3: That's the Christmas spirit, right, there's the Christmas The weirdest thing you've gotten in the dog box?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Fuck mine? Not always just just mindful, like that mindless stuff that I'd presume that there was a presumption that I was supposed to do something and I had no idea I was supposed to do it. That's the probably the most the kind of ones that I'm most confused. I was like, well, no one told me which stage, Like, well, you're made sense of course, Why wouldn't wy wouldn't you do that? Why wouldn't you pick the kids up if you come back? I well, I didn't know they would hear it.
Speaker 1: They look at the fruge.
Speaker 3: She was like, yeah, but I didn't.
Speaker 1: It's a lot going on.
Speaker 3: That's those kind of ones that I get.
Speaker 1: And then there's the obvious like coming home, waking up on the couch, that kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: That's that's kind of that's part and parcel.
Speaker 1: That's understandable. Yeah, but the yeah, didn't have given a free glasses case on the the dog box.
Speaker 3: Nah, well that's yeah, that's she did. She go and fuck her up?
Speaker 1: Show me what shop you want to do? Which one is it?
Speaker 3: You think she would have done the same defense as the guy in the phone mobile phone repair shop who just possim possim.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I think I think she might have. No, she might have been made of sterner stuff. Cricket Senna has been recalled into the side, into the squad. The squad. We don't know if he's going to play. You don't know the line up until basically an hour before.
Speaker 3: Yeah, even then I think on the morning they usually announced that we mentioned it yesterday that he was going to probably come in because it turns a bit more in the basin. But the argument is is it Southy or is it Smith? Yeah, has to step out to bring him in or a.
Speaker 1: Carby Phillips because we need betting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he played pretty well in the first Test. I don't think I'm apart from the drop catches. Yeah, And you've got the likes of Young like do you bring young in? But who do you bring him in?
Speaker 5: Forward?
Speaker 3: Do you bring him for Conway? Do you replace Blundell?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 3: I don't think they're going to do change a lot. This is they're always being pretty conservative this team.
Speaker 1: What I don't understand about the cricket thing is we've seen NRL do such a good job of the teamless thing. And obviously they've put their squad out today. That's why we're talking about it. Why don't we make them announce their team a few days earlier and lock it in.
Speaker 3: I guess it's a lot to do with the conditions, and I mean not so much in New Zeland really, the conditions, the weather forecast, whatever, you know, if it's going to need to look at the pitch on the morning of the.
Speaker 1: Test and then decide if you take your spinners or not.
Speaker 3: I think you're pretty set the day before, if you've trained at the ground you're like, Okay, well we're going to play.
Speaker 1: This looks like going to take turn or yeah. But it's just a very.
Speaker 3: Cricket thing that you don't announce it till the day. It depends on the conditions.
Speaker 1: But wouldn't it be great if we're like, Will Young's back today, you know, and the team we're like, oh shit, we know who's going to be in there.
Speaker 3: They must know. They must I mean, they don't surprise the team on the morning. No, so the team must know the day at least the day before.
Speaker 1: You'd have a fear Inklan Yeah, yeah, because you would not want to know if you were center, like have you brought me in here?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 1: Am I actually going to play? Or how's this going to go?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: What was the point of bringing him in? Us? Guess again, it guess it depends on the conditions when they get to Wellington. If they should a ready there, I guess Yeah, what is that Tuesday starts on Friday?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. That's always been an interesting one to me that every other sport has decided to start naming teams a couple of days ahead of time. And I think that's because it gives people something to talk about.
Speaker 3: But I guess does the teams have to name it exactly the same time though? Don't they? Because otherwise, Yeah, you see one team name three spinners and you're like, oh, yeah, they're saying, we don't you go to name three spinners as well?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right. And the other thing that's been happening more and more in the NRL because they make them submit their preliminary team list and then they lock them in like on the day before. But what's been happening is teams will name a team knowing that they're going to swap a dude last minute. The Warriors were doing it a lot, particularly if there's a guy that's going to debut.
Speaker 3: Didn't they like seventeenth man? What was that eighteen eighteenth?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And so they'll often name a dude who's going to debut at like eighteenth man, even like nineteenth and then be like, surprise, he's actually going to start. We just want the media asking him questions this week so we didn't name him in the team. But yeah, it's just the whole other thing. I mean selfishly, as a sports broadcast.
Speaker 3: You just need some content, midweek content, just.
Speaker 1: Another thing to talk about on a Tuesday. Yeah, one hundred percent. All right, I have found an article explaining how we can still win the Cricket World Cup. I'm going to take a break. Everyone, take a deep breath, and then I'm going to explain to you how we can still win the World Test Championship.
Speaker 3: Hey, before we go to the break, Maniah the ACC, We've created a daily cricket quiz for all you cricket heads throughout the entire England tour. You can test your knowledge with a daily quiz on the iHeartRadio ap. Every time you get a question right, you get an extra entry into the weekly draw to win a sign New Zealand black Caps Test shirt and a double pass to any match during the summer of cricket. Just text quiz to sign up for the Cricket Mind Quiz. Now do it now, you cricket heads.
Speaker 1: Somebody else did the work here, I'm just reading it. But this is how the Black Caps can still qualify for the World twenty twenty five World Test Championship.
Speaker 3: If is this when you need the wall of madness, you need like pins and bits of wool and will go into pictures.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, yeah, one hundred percent. So here's what we need to do. All we need to do is beat England and Wellington and Hamilton. Simple, that's all we can control. Yes, then we need three of the following things to happen.
Speaker 3: They all need to happen.
Speaker 1: Three of these four things need to happen. So, because there's four other teams around us India to win no more than one of their four remaining tests, which are all against Australia. Oh, that's doable. That is doable. If they If they don't win one but they draw three, we're out. South Africa need to win no more than one of their three remaining tests, which is one at home versus Sri Lanka and two versus Pakistan. They can only win one of those.
Speaker 3: Oh and they're both at home. Yeah, and they just got Sri Lanka out for forty two or something.
Speaker 1: Yes, they did. That's it.
Speaker 3: That's that that can we cross that one up? That's not gonna happen.
Speaker 1: Okay, so two. Yeah, the other thing is two draws, will do us out of that one as well. Okay, so that's not gonna happen.
Speaker 3: I think South Africa will hump Sri Lanka. Well yeah, and the next one, which is done, we're.
Speaker 1: Done, well they just well then they still need to be Pakistan at least once. Could Pakistan whitewash them? No, okay, so we'll cross that one out. This is where it becomes problematic because Australia then need to win no more and three of their six remaining tests, four of them against India, two against Sri Lanka. So the problem is there that if they beat India, then they become the one that jumps us. But if India beats them, then India becomes the one that jumps us. So India win no more than three of their six remaining tests. Australia Australia, sorry, yes, that could happen.
Speaker 3: That could happen because they're playing Sri Lanka away and that has been a graveyard for quite a few teams, including US over in Sri Lanka. I think even England might have struggled over there as well. So it's possibility, especially the way they're playing at the moment.
Speaker 1: The problem is we don't want Tri Lanka to beat them two times. Because of Sri Lanka win two of their three remaining tests, one against South Africa, two against Australia, then we're out as well. So we need three of these things to happen. If you're saying South Africa will not.
Speaker 3: Well, they'll win more than one of their three main tests, will win more than one.
Speaker 1: We crossed them out. We need India to win no more than one of.
Speaker 3: Their so it needs to happen. Serf can need to win more than one of their fests that that will happen. Yeah, so they're out. They can't.
Speaker 1: They can't win more than one of their three remaining tests. Are you following along at home? Threat?
Speaker 3: Look, they win no more than one of their Okay, yeah, pretty much, we just need to beat England and Hamilton and Wellington.
Speaker 1: Yes, that means we've won fifty seven percent of our available tests.
Speaker 3: And then we sit back and watch the house burned down. That's pretty much.
Speaker 1: It, basically, and there are four different ways that can burn down.
Speaker 3: Okay, So we try to say, is we're still a chance?
Speaker 1: We're still a chance. I think I know less about how we can make that happen than before I started reading that Augland FC are working with management at go Media Stadium in Penrose to open up the embankment at the northern end of the venue for extra fans this weekend and the derby match, the Dooby match against the Wellington Phoenix. And that is the end with the grass on it, opposite the Port end or the Cave Creek end.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's one of the steepest embankments in world world sport.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they want to open that up so that the venue will be able to hold twenty six thousand, two hundred and fiftyfty three people, which is precisely one more than the current regular seed season record.
Speaker 3: This does not pass the sniff test. It's held by the Phoenix that could.
Speaker 1: This is just one of the somebody did a deep diver. I think it was a Herald reporter a couple of years ago on attendance numbers and at Eden Park, the attendance numbers always ended in one of two different digits, right, Like, what are the chances of that every single time? Let's say it was a seven and a two every single time. And so they confronted them with all of the stats and the spreadsheets and said what's going on here? And they were like, well, yeah, I mean, you know, people don't buy a ticket, or people buy tickets don't show up that it's in this seat, blah blah blah. So there's an element of estimation going on.
Speaker 3: I can tell you with hand on heart after working with FIFA and doing tournaments in the Middle East. Yeah, they required to put an attendance on the big screen. I think with about twenty minutes to go in the game. It's kind of like a FIFA thing. Yeah, And I can vividly remember being in the jock the Joint Operations Center and going how many reckon you pick here? And everyone go it's about fifteen thousand, I reckon And then they goes, oh, we need to put a number. I goes fifteen thousand, two hundred and sixty one. Yeah, and you go to go sweet, and then up on the screen we go to see the eight attendances.
Speaker 1: It was just tertabullshit. So that must have been why they were always coming up because whoever got asked that question would only come up with one of two numbers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a total estimation. Yeah, Like I mean, we'd know how many tickets were sold like they would sell like we'd sell, say, for that game, twelve thousand seconds were sold. We'd assume there was a three thousand walk up. We'd look around the stadium and go, yeah, capacities twenty five, this looks like it's about eighteen. Look your fingers two hundred and twenty one.
Speaker 1: Well, it's like the Warriors, not last season, but the season before when they were going into the playoffs and there was articles coming out saying, are the Warriors going to be able to play a playoff game at home? Or will they have to move it to Eden Park Because the minimum attendance for a you know, a real playoff game is twenty five thousand. You have to have capacity of twenty five thousand. All of a sudden, the very next week, Mount Smart had a capacity of twenty five thousand and one. I think it was three. Actually, I think they were like, congratulations to you know, record breaking attenders. Twenty five thousand and three people are here today. Hmm, thank you.
Speaker 3: The problem with that embankment though, at Gohard Stadium is you can only.
Speaker 1: Sit at the top of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because if you sit halfway down, you're just pulling your undies out of your ass the whole time because you can't gravity. Gravity's taking hold, your pants are staying where they are, and the body's moving down and you're constantly picking your pants out of your ass.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So if you are going at that end, I don't know if you can take some sort of cheer with you. They probably only you even take a cheer. And will they.
Speaker 1: Well, they're working to open up the embankment. I presume they might have some sort of seating arrangement.
Speaker 3: Now I just think it's just going to earn them bankman. Aren't you just sit there? You don't get You'll only get a ho and or so up there because it's so steep. The best use of it was that slide their head last time. Yeah, it was the best use to that into the stand.
Speaker 1: I mean kids are doing it anyway when it's raining this kids just sliding down that thing. So yeah, I guess all they're doing really is just selling tickets to it. Yeah, because it's always been there. Yeah, Yeah, people are always set up there for some reason.
Speaker 3: Yes, I remember going there and sitting there and watching Warrior Is a few times actually, because it could be fun sitting up in Cave Creek.
Speaker 1: There's always kids playing a game a touch up and down that hill, which I find so interesting because interesting to watch because it's like you said, it's at grass Cliff.
Speaker 3: Roly Poly's is intense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but like trying to play touch, you've got a massive advantage coming down the hill.
Speaker 3: We should maybe move the cheese roll there, the gloss of cheese roll. Move it to the movement to go hard. Yeah, I've been to the Glocester cheese right. I'm sure I told this story a million times before. But they because the council tried to ban it. Ambulances and policemen were told not to go up because it's an unsanctioned event.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so all they had in terms of safety was the local Glocester rugby team would stand at the base of the hill and stop people. Well, there was one prop I presume it was getting a little bit too trigger happy, and he was like gauging up dudes as they're coming down the hell and putting shots on and then if you broke your leg, which I reckon I would have seen about six broken legs or ankles, one of them would carry you into the town where they head set up a Trioche Center there for the ambulances, but I'm like.
Speaker 3: Well why not at that point, just came up to the hill also, Yeah, one of those things that's quite good in Europe. Maybe not in England, but mainly in Europe. If it has been a tradition for as long as people can remember, if it's an actual tradition, yeah, they never change it. That health and safety does not apply. Its grandfather didn't. Yeah, it's that's a rule, that's such a common sense rule that if it's always been here, then it will remain like that running of the bulls. Yeah, La Tomatina, even Beerfest to a good degree, it's always been there, and so any sort of health and safety or political correctness or anything is out the fucking window. Yeah, this is a and we'll always keep doing next to shut the fuck up.
Speaker 1: And I think the culture kind of figures itself out. Like when we were at beer Feist, I never saw anyone get told off. I'm sure it did happen, but.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I saw a few mainly Italian, badly behaved Italians get dragged.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I never even saw security. I didn't know unless I got kicked out with I was blackout. I don't remember.
Speaker 3: They are in the darkness. Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: But everyone was fairly well, fairly well behaved.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, Like you said, I didn't see any fisty care like when you have one hundred thousand drunk people in one ear, he expect a couple, but part that one guy, Remember that one guy. Early in the morning, he bought a sandwich and fell backwards and fell off the step.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Yes, his mates were just laughing their ass off and he was just flat on his back.
Speaker 1: He was pretending to be knocked out. Yeah, and it was done there throwing the gang signs, reaching up towards the heavens thing. I was like, this guy's did mates were just laughing, So here's fine. Lauri Daly's just been appointed to new South Wales coach and an attempt for rugby league to dominate the off season. This is Laurie Daily's second coming his new South Wales coach on a two year deal and it was announced on Monday, with Ballamy Craig Bellamy attached as chief advisor and selected alongside several other coaches from Michael McGuire's Blue set up. So bizarre turn of events. Apparently, what was what they were trying to do was get Craig Balamy to do State of Origin, who I believe has done it once before and I think lost all three games and is still hurt from that.
Speaker 3: So it's not so now he's just coming back as an advisor.
Speaker 1: So apparently Laurie Daley said, well, look, you're not going to get Craig Bellamy, but if you get me, I reckon, I can convince him to be one of my chief calling him chief advisor, my chief advisor. I love these What do you have to do to get to a position where you just get one of these made up jobs who actually don't do anything? Like head of rugby operations or.
Speaker 3: Head of rugby operations is a great one. Yeah, that's a real good one.
Speaker 1: Is that what Rezzie was for the yeah we're not jock n He wasn't allowed to be coached.
Speaker 3: But didn't he get banned for that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Something he did came director operations.
Speaker 1: You're banned for a three hour stream of consciousness rant. They got uploaded onto YouTube. But then he was sitting up in the coach's box with the lights and the whole thing. But Steve Hanson's on one of those deals over in Japan as well. Yeah, I think Ian Foster's the coach of that team and he's yeah director of rugby. It's like, how what are these people actually expected to do?
Speaker 3: It sounds like a great time over there. Do they need a sports podcast over in Japan for rugby? Yeah, because it sounds like a great time here. When I talked to Kiaran Reid, Richie Mo, Shannon Frazzel, they they love.
Speaker 1: It, Yeah, they love it. I mean the rugby would be so much more forgiving on the body. You're only allowed a handful of imports and I think even like you're only allowed two on the field or something like that.
Speaker 3: And they it's a pretty short season, they said, it's intense, like for that short time. But if I'm.
Speaker 1: Shannon Frazzel, like, what am I worried about when I walk out into the field.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's not.
Speaker 1: You're You're the alpha. You are the alpha. You're the thing. Remember the Avatar movie where there was that one bird that had never been attacked from above because it was the biggest thing in the jungle. That's Shannon Frazelf in Japan, and that would be us of the podcasting game over there.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 1: One of the world's top mixed martial arts promotions is scouting for local talent as the explore expansion down under the PFL or the Pro Fighters League. President Ray Sepfor, who I believe is Kiwi Yep, has confirmed me a herold that he is looking for expansion into Australia and New Zealand, probably towards the end of next year. This is something that we've talked about before. Scotti, Stevenson and I drafted up a proposal for a Social MMA League.
Speaker 3: So you know, my last man stands but forma that's exactly it's our business house. See leave work Tuesday, five o'clock, reading time at five point thirty. Yes, knocked out by.
Speaker 1: Six, stretched out and then back to working in the next that.
Speaker 3: I know how you can do that with Wade's organization. There's certain pubs you can go to. I reckon you could get knocked out nine to ten.
Speaker 1: I just like the idea of you know, it's about community, it's about bringing people together.
Speaker 3: Caving people's faces and mate, I take.
Speaker 1: Part in the Social Mma League. Real chill. We have a couple of beers after come and get your dome rocks, you know, or be the.
Speaker 3: Great one I always get. And now is the Twilight Golf League. People are constantly trying to fill their four ball. Mate, someone's pulled out. Can you is a room in Twilight?
Speaker 1: This would be like that.
Speaker 3: Oh, make someone's pulled out your fancy jumping on the ring tonight five thirties and we can surply you with gear and stuff.
Speaker 1: Need to be there by five thirty. Yes, sweet, what do you weigh these days?
Speaker 3: My fighting very syful?
Speaker 1: Oh sweet?
Speaker 3: Just social, man, it's just social. Yeah, train no, no, no, that's all.
Speaker 1: It's all pretty chill. That's that's what.
Speaker 3: Last man's stands used to be like until a whole of preim players use it as a practice and you come along and get your dome rock by a bouncer and get humiliated. That's not come man, I'm fucking I'm sex beer's deep, running away from my family to get any eight male from a fucking premiere club cricket.
Speaker 1: Player that is quite literally not cricket. I don't know if you saw this story out of a football game in Guinea, of all places, there was a clash over a disputed call by the by a referee and It resulted in fifty six people being trampled on the way out of the stadium. To fifty six people died at a football game. We need to up our game. New Zealand. We don't even clap, we don't cheer, we don't do anything.
Speaker 3: Where were they running from?
Speaker 1: It was a frakha that broke out. Stampede broke out on Sunday afternoon in a stadium in the city of Zenic bought it after the final of a local tournament between Labby and Zedic caught it. Teams of Guinea's military leader Mahmadi Dombuya in honor of him. Oh right, and then yeah, there was a there was an issue with one of the calls. They started scrapping, they started running and fifty six of them got trampled. Wild wild, shit.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: We don't give a shit about sport in this country. We pretend to. But until I see fifty six people getting trampled, Jesus.
Speaker 3: That is that's pretty grim. That's a lot of people.
Speaker 1: That's a lot of people. Layton Bennett has become became the youngest ever BDO Youth champion. We're only thirteen years old. In twenty nineteen that is darts. He went on to beat fourteen time champion Fill the Power Tailor in the same year. Him and a bloke by the name of Billy have been banned from darts for eight and ten years, respectively, and have until December fourteen to appeal. Warrener admitted nineteen of twenty one charges for being for being concerned and fixing the four matches I don't know what four matches, providing inside information and organizing betting on the matches. He was doing things like missing the board. You know, hitting a certain number on a certain dart has been done for match fixing. They gotta pay eight grand each and they're out for eight to ten years.
Speaker 3: I never, I always, I never put them teams together. But now I think about it. Darts how easy, perfectly easy to corrupt just miss because they're so accurate anyway, Like you're heading one hundred and eighty three triple twenties, you can you can put it within a centimeter of where you want to put it. So if you want to go high on the double one, you'll go high on the double one and you'll you're out whatever. So I of course it's going to be corrupt.
Speaker 1: It's probably the easiest sport now that you think about it too.
Speaker 3: Snooker.
Speaker 1: Well, but like it'd be so easy to be like the sixth start I throw is going to miss the board and then you're like, you said so accurate. You miss the dartboard by like a centimeter. Here it goes oh oh geez, and then you make a face.
Speaker 3: Loss of concentration there from Latin Bennett.
Speaker 1: And then you make a face and you come back twenty thousand pounds richer. So yeah, two of them have been done. Now that I'm aware of that reckon, everyone's on the taken.
Speaker 3: Totally at some stage. Yeah, well, that's like the early days of cricket and betting. I mean rumor has it that you know, before they crack down it was absolutely rife. Yeah, a little secular in the subcontinent before that, you know, before they could track it or you know any photo electronic kind of footprint.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was absolutely rife because it wasn't like throwing a game.
Speaker 3: It was like spot betting.
Speaker 1: It was like if you see me bend over and tire my shoelace, I'm going to a bottle white or front footno ball or yeah, something like that. The one that gets me in the NRL is kick off dead on the full. You're like, hmm, particularly to start the game?
Speaker 3: Can you bet on that?
Speaker 1: You can bet on the first stop if you play? Yeah, so if you're like kicking off and it happened a couple of times for the Warriors a couple years ago. Anyway, all I'm saying, I know what you're saying. That one doesn't pass a sniff test. All right, let's take a quick break. We'll come back with yours please. All right, we're offering a once in a lifetime opportunity for a motivated, hard working and professional person to join our team. Is the Export Ultra intern in Vegas next year. Oh yeah, you're want to apply for this internship. Simply post a video to your Instagram explaining why you should be our Vegas intern. Show us your party trick you'll pull out whilst we're there. Text in turn to three two three six for all the details. What kind of a lot of things you're looking for here?
Speaker 3: Look, I mean we are. You'll be traveling with myself and two hundred of my closest friends with boys' trip to go to Las Vegas for the first round of the NRL. This is your seat, by the way, and we've decided to give it to someone. So we're looking for an interun to help Joe jury out on the when we're on the ground. So look, just think about what skills you could bring to a trip to Vegas. We've got one night in La, three nights in Vegas, all flights, accommodation, tickets to the league all covered, so it's a pretty sweet trip. All we have to do is, yeah, like I say, you have to just show us what you can bring to the party with it. I could be a card trick. It would be counting cards at the blackjack table. That would be handy. It could be like I mean, invariably, I know we're going to get send a lot of videos of peop buff and beers. That's your trick. That's your trick. But if you want more information, text in turn to three two three six. But yeah, this is well, I think it's only the competition's only open for three or four weeks, so you've got to get it in and you could join us at the end of February in Vegas.
Speaker 1: Time for yours, please, yours please.
Speaker 2: Brought you by Leader Home of the Top.
Speaker 1: Just a few of them to rip through this morning. First called it yours.
Speaker 5: Please, Okody Fellas loving the relationship advice chat. I don't know if anybody should be taking advice from you two. You guys get to drink person and watch sports for a living. You live in the fucking dream. Don't need to rub it in our faces and talking about the g lane curse. The news already discussed the teas and seas, like you're supporting the black Caps the New Zealand.
Speaker 1: It's not a way.
Speaker 3: That matter.
Speaker 1: It's a good point.
Speaker 5: It'd be more like if you supported book On FC and Wellington take fans.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, So there you go.
Speaker 3: That's what I was thinking. I'm just looking for a little bit of support because I felt the pylon coming. So yeah, I'm not traveling anywhere outside the country to support my team. So no, that's it isn't a.
Speaker 1: Curse national term within the nation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like if it was northern districts, I was going to, you know, support in Wellington or Canterbury and they last years. Yes, So I thank you for very much for that corner. Appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, another call here yours?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Ka follows and Mary fuck it off the February season. I hate for this follow and I hate that.
Speaker 1: I know that's fucking fair. I could I hate Davy.
Speaker 4: Dum Dumb, but Davy Dum Dumb's bet was never a Kroko bar. He used Gray Nickels, Spartan and DSc his career. I'd say the punisher is a bit more like Beads McCallum's bet. When he scored the fastest ten hundred, that thing was half a tree. So yeah, lovely fellas Mary fuck it off to February seasons.
Speaker 1: Less pleased.
Speaker 3: Why did I always presume that he had a Crooker bar, I don't know. For some reason in my mind he always had a cooker Barrough.
Speaker 1: When I think of big bets, I think Crooker Borrough. Yeah, I feel like I have a memory of Martin gupt to have a monster bat with him when he scored, when he hit that ball out of the cake tin.
Speaker 3: Yeah that anyway. The punisher is the plastic punisher we've got at Wheel Sport. It's basically just one of those Tea twenty bits that you see and go fuck me.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, but thank you for the attention to detail. We're always open to effect. Chick here on the podcast that'll do us for today, will knock this thing on the head.
Speaker 3: Happy fuck it off to February is good.
Speaker 1: Happy fuck it off to February to all those who celebrate, and we'll see you tomorrow for a Wednesday edition of the Agenda Podcast.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to the ACC's Agender Podcast, brought to you by Export Ultra. For more episodes, like and follow on iHeartRadio for them you get your podcasts