Speaker 1: Live from the Expert bing Auden's studio and brought to you, as always by expert oct to the bear for here. This is the Agenda Podcast for the fifth of September.
Speaker 2: The Agenda Podcast, the home of sporting nonsense and clap trap, brought to you by Export a Culture.
Speaker 3: Good morning, mat Heith, good morning and I Stuart.
Speaker 1: It's great to be here. Second down the podcast. Yeah, you don't have a heart out today.
Speaker 3: No, I don't have a heart out today, but yeah, real smuzzle of a podcast for years today. I sorally enjoyed it when I was at the gym listening to that.
Speaker 1: It was a bitter on yesterday. Yeah, I got a phone call from you. We don't need to really let it go all of the ramifications of what happened yesterday, but it was all the working has been shown. Yeah, yeah, the working was shown. We showed how we got to where we got to and in the end, I think Lisa Carrington on the Matting Jerry Podcast today.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what a fantastic human beings. She's the absolute best of us. Just even if she didn't win eight gold medals and a bronze, she'd still be the best of us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one hundred percent Jack as well. Oh act, when you see Olympians you realize you're not even the same species.
Speaker 3: No, No, there's sort of an awareness and a brightness even to their eyes. Yeah, they're just they're just the system's working rather than it's being dulled by abuse.
Speaker 1: I've never seen an Olympian with a zip, you know, I've never seen an Olympian with a rash.
Speaker 3: No, they're just running peak. Everything's a world up, loubed up.
Speaker 1: Ye, ready to go. You know it's under their eyes now, Yeah, brilliant. I was going to ask you something about did Stacey Morrison make her heart out?
Speaker 3: I don't know about that. I don't know what happened yet, whether she made it or not. But that was unmovable and that was We're getting pressure from both ends. It was Stacey Morris's heart out and my costumes entitled taking about forty minutes longer than he was scheduled to take with Dame Lisa Krnh Bloody Husking, Bloody Husking.
Speaker 1: So to pull you guys behind the curtain. Last night was the New Zealand Marketing Awards and for some reason we got invited suit a commentary collective myself, Gulan and Joe Jury went along. I managed to smoke bomb at about ten thirty. Oh yeah, when the awards ceremony proper was done.
Speaker 3: So, but that's quite early because we were firing up at five o'clock for a NFL Fantasy Draft on Zoom. You were coming in from that awards already, So that is a solid shift of five and a half hours at tho awards.
Speaker 1: At the awards, yeah, I think we're at the pub beforehand at about four o'clock. So yeah. And then I woke up this morning to a text from acc Here Gulane at one thirty five saying things have gone pear shaped wow, and that the person in charge of PR for New Zealand Media and Entertainment would not be happy with them. Is what the second texts. You know, I was like, good god, what happened one am? Wow?
Speaker 3: Essentially that he thought that you needed to know that at one thirty five am. It's because that's not wait till tomorrow. I'm currently asleep.
Speaker 1: Well then it just sets your mind ablaze with what could possibly have happened day, Like what did he do? And it's always worse than you could imagine when it is you.
Speaker 3: No matter how far your imagination goes, it's always like, oh Jesus.
Speaker 1: Well and well to let him tell it. Apparently, all that happened was he went into a bar and they said at that bar, you're the last guys in here. But they had like half of their crews still outside, and so they were rigging him like how are you doing well? Only two he's going to rest of us can't get and we get nowhere to go. It's a Wednesday night, that's what he said. Oh right, but I don't know if that's true or not, because I've seen the shape some of them are in what kind of bar? Let's g Lane?
Speaker 3: And at that time and I after that long at the pub beforehand and then a hole of awards.
Speaker 1: They should have their license taken off them. Yeah, we need to find out who they are and make it complain. That's you're only letting two people in and one of them is going to be g Lane.
Speaker 3: Remember when the Radio Awards, when g Lane set up shop at a bar, he refused to go to the awards. Yes, and then he set up at another bar and sort of like he set up it was an aggressive camp. Yeah, they scamp that he set up and also and then everyone came ten and the whole awards. He just went so hard that the entire wards abandoned where they were and came to the bar he was.
Speaker 1: There, ended up where he was, which was quite ironic because he didn't want to be there, but he was also in a suit and making an effort like he obviously meant something. Yeah, it was firing off a lot of abusive text to people. I just meant something to him. And now, look not to make this all about myself, but I did go to the gym this morning, thanks for asking, And you know, I was in there and I was thinking, I was looking around as like, I may not be the fittest person in here, be the most jack I'm definitely the most hungover. And that's something I can control.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, I mean that is true way because it's it's all very well going to the gym when you're feeling great. That's if you can go up over when you're stinking hangover and smelling of pass and you've got a little peace staying on the front of your shorts, that's when it really counts.
Speaker 1: Those are the ones, Those are the ones that really can make the difference that makes a difference on you on your journey to your perfect body. Yeah, that's right. I don't think anything I did this morning would have changed my physique in any way, but my mindset. Yeah, what if I overcame this morning as am.
Speaker 3: I was at the gym late last night and there was a guy that was just camping on the leg press and it's the final final thing in my in my routine. Ah right, And come on, is there a maximum time you can spend there just you're just sitting down? I think the seated ones like that. People will just lean in the spending they're on the phone. I mean, how much time do you need between reps? But really I'm like very little time between reps.
Speaker 1: Same because I'm lifting such piddly weights. Yeah, that's not like I'm sitting pbs.
Speaker 3: I'm standing around like a And you feel like a total creep because you're standing around watching someone trying to apply pressure without applying pressure, just making it be in as periphery to know someone's waiting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but not right up as ass hassagged them a little bit. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Or it's like that because there's nothing more frustrating than leaving without doing. You feel just leaving one one of your things out, one of your sets out.
Speaker 1: You feel like a failure. Yeah. I'll often just go and sit on a different machine. I call it a time waste, and just go sit on a different machine, put bugger all weights on it, and just wait for that other guy to leave. There was one day I was sitting at the gym and made me feel because you know how sometimes you just zone out and you're just steering off into the distance. You realize you're just steering straight at some guy. Yeah, and he's like looking back at you, Look, what the fuck your problem?
Speaker 3: Or or some female and then they don't know that you're you're blurred over, you're not looking anywhere. Yeah, but they just happened to be completely in your.
Speaker 1: Flight of sight. Yeah, you're seeing spots stars, you're fighting for your life to stay conscious, you're thinking about your NFL fantasy draft. Yeah. And so the other day I was on one of those machines where you're on the old pool. By the way, this is still a sports podcast. We will get to that on the old pool down machine that I love that. So he's sort of locked down, I locked into the That's my favorite machine. Yeah, so I'm in there, I'm lockdown. A woman comes and sets up opposite me on a Swiss ball and she's facing away from me and then starts raising and lowering her leaks and I'm locked into the machine. I'm facing dead at her, and I was just like looking around the gym like you guys all saw me sit down here first day.
Speaker 3: I didn't come over here because she was doing that. Yeah, And in the end I had to leave. And you'll end up on TikTok with someone. They've got someone then filming back and forth between you and you're looking. They don't know that you're you're set up sick and you're glazed over.
Speaker 1: You don't know where you are. You're locked and you know, look at this pervert. Yeah, and this goes back to what we were saying last week about you know, gym's have separate sections just for women. Yeah, gym should have separate sections just for week dudes week duds like me, so that I can be kept away from looking like a creep. Hey do you think people did I bring this up? Last time?
Speaker 3: We were talking about the gym, But people are over cleaning the machines when they're finished like the people are now at my gym. They're doing a full like crime scene. They're like the wolf from pulp fiction, coming in cleaning everything, wiping, but they haven't even sat on with the wet wipes.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, and like you're waiting to get on. This guy's doing a full clean.
Speaker 3: It's like, I'm gonna sit on that machine and I'm gonna wipe it with my sweatail at the end just a little bit and just pretend like I'm doing something. I mean, what do we is that the end of the world. Someone's sweeted anywhere near theoody machine?
Speaker 1: Come on, Well, what if they had some sort of infection? You know, I guess that's yeah, but I would say you'd probably rather have the problem you're describing than the other end of the spectrum, where you know, yeah, that's real grubby. Now it's just covering a moisten whit wipe. We now got to wait for that to dry. Yeah yeah, and but yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's one was just taking swings and starting fights at the gym.
Speaker 1: You go a whit white pet mate, Okay, cleaner, it's too clean.
Speaker 3: You're standing here. If you're a bloody clean the machine I don't give a shit. Do you see me clean the machine? I was just not it's covenant bacteria, fungus. I've got a horrible bloody pop to boil on there. Don't see me cleaning one machine?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right. And if you want the body that we've got, you can do it too, just by going to the gym once or twice a week and binge drinking three to four nights. You leaned up just like where you mentioned the NFL Fantasy Draft, and a lot of people around the traps will have had their fantasy drafts. So far, we still haven't. It was set down for last night, yeah, but it didn't happen.
Speaker 3: What happened, Well, this was so much on to get everyone together, all twelve people together. You know, we've got people in Chicago, we've got people in Scotland, they're all coming in, people overseas. We couldn't have it in a bar like we did last year. So but we've got twelve members, but there was there's twelve slots, but there was eleven members. And one of the members has wanted his dad to join the team. And so we're going for the draft live and it's going in complete draft and complete draft. You can't go in complete draft and were like all day, I've seen this thing. I'm talking to my mate Chris and Chicago that he's the commissioner about it. And I'm trying to ring around the back to get hold of this guy's dad because he's living he's in Scotland. This guy and his dad's then on christ Church and it's three in the morning in Scotland. He's trying to ring his dad. Yeah, I'm I'm ringing his brother's girlfriend to try and get her dad in law's number to try and get him to fill in. And then the time's s ticking down five a clock draft and you know it's about to go live at so much pressure. Everyone's on the WhatsApp. You know, there's a lot of serious chats going through. There's a lot of stupid shit coming through as well. Muddy's the waters, a lot of Muddy's waters in the in the in the WhatsApp chat. And then we've got the sky ringing his dad from Scotland and he's just panicking because he can't get his dad to to to work out, to log on to get a team going for the fantasy league.
Speaker 1: And it goes past it goes past five. So we've had to We've had to we had to cancel the whole draft. Everyone was there, we now have to do Everyone was so excited. We now have to do it tonight. But what I noticed is he missed the draft, but he's got a name. His name's Pete and his team names the Patriots. Yeah, that's pretty good. Did we miss the draft because he was trying to brainstorm a name.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's concerning because the name is too good and so did he stop at the first hurdle of naming it and just get stuck there for two days and then long should So.
Speaker 1: We had people one guy who came up with a shoddy excuse to go home from work early to do the draft. There was another guy who was working from home and had a spreadsheet printed out on his walls. Scotty. Scotty was set up. Me and Joe were at a bar about to go to the awards ceremony. We were happy to miss the award for this draft.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and in the end, it's been a draft and tonight just to continue the drama is because it's their last option because the season starts tomorrow. But there's a thing with the last moment that this draft can start as at five PM New Zealand time tonight, which no one can do. So I've been put in charge of because our commissioner is on a plane home from Chicago. So I've been put in charge of starting the draft at five and pausing a second after and two until seven, because that's what we did last year. We paused it because we were list late last year as well. And that's more pressure than I've had in a long time. Yeah, Like yesterday was the most pressure dealing of the fact that Pete hadn't joined. There's so much pressure in a drama advance before the pressure of the actual draft. Yeah, you fucking hell a m I auto draft my way through this just to just so I don't have a bloody stroke like Brian.
Speaker 1: May did last night. Brian May have a stroke last night, b May from Queen. I'm that close to Brian May from Queen stroke with us just pausing physicist ban yeah, yeah, physicists. Yeah. Anyway, So that's that's what's happening to in our fantasy league. Yeah, So I hope you enjoyed that. And just quickly the last semi final of the greatest New Zealander of all time was overnight Edmund Hillary. Sir Edmund Hillary, just edged Richie mccaugh Wow, fifty four forty.
Speaker 3: So I heard you talking about it yesterday and I yeah, you were saying that you think it should be MCAU because you're sports. We're a sports organization And I got that. I mean we're a sports nation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it literally just rote things and you know, it was a piggyback situation, wasn't it, whether you Hillary, We're not a mountain climbing nation. Yeah, we're not. So I'm surprised that that, Sir ed Edged McCaw so am I so, I think it's an age thing. Yeah, be upham. That is the grand final. Yeah, that is huge.
Speaker 3: So you've got a guy, great humanitarian mountain climber, and you've got a guy that was a psycho that just happened to coincide with the war, yes, conveniently.
Speaker 1: Yeah. We had a great voicemail yesterday saying that is Dan Hooker just lucky to exist when the UFC exists, because otherwise when he be jumping into billboxes and his undies.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, I mean there's a famous story. I mean the great book Searching for Charlie. Fantastic book that just came out a couple of years ago, the real history. And there's the Mark of the Line, which is which is a book that you find a lot of batches around Zealand in cribs if you're from the South Island that we are. And there's a great story in that we're up in like this German troop carriers are retreating. They're all on the back and that there's this there's this truck and it's full of German troops and they just and he runs up hind them, have a grenade in there and jumps out of the way and kills about twenty five dudes. And it Rommel, who was the head of the you know, the German and Armies. He was like Jesus Christ, that guy's a psycho. Like he actually actually brought it up, actually brought it up with meetings with the Allies, because they actually had meetings the upper each line. It's like, who is this guy's a fucking psycho and all the keywis we psychos as well. That like he complained about how many times Keewis bayonetted people like kill them and then the next three people, the next five guys would come past and just stab them another ten times.
Speaker 1: It's like Jesus Christ, you guys are out of.
Speaker 3: Control, which I feel very proud of.
Speaker 1: My My father was a he was a soldier and he was on an exercise one day where they you know, they weren't firing rounds, but they were doing like a battle exercise, and the other guys that they were up against came got too close, I think, got in the like their position with him, and so he fixed an imaginary bayonette and went on a standing ram page and apparently just all the guys running it were just lost the plot.
Speaker 3: The first person to attach a bayonet to a rifle, that's bloody smart because you're like, we've got a gun, but that means we don't even a knife, and now we've got a gun and a knife, and then you run in like shooting instead. It's brilliant. I like putting a gun on a taser. Not really, no, that would be a smart invention. Like the cops they taisy you, and then if they need to upgrade it to a shooting.
Speaker 1: I reserve the right to also light you up with an actual bullet. Yeah, I think it would have been the other way around. They would have had swords and been liken to it. Yeah, it might have been.
Speaker 3: So when when is the voting start for d versus up Them?
Speaker 4: This?
Speaker 1: By the time you're listening to this podcast, it will be up on Instagram. It is Thursday. I think we need to let this one cook over the weekend.
Speaker 3: Okay, would you be would you come on the Met Jerry Show to talk about it, either.
Speaker 1: Tomorrow or Monday. It would be my privilege.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So to decide whether whether you want to talk about the voting or the result.
Speaker 1: We could possibly do both. We could possibly do both.
Speaker 3: I feel like it's pretty exciting. I mean, you've gone through to come down to the sea here and up them. It's quite It says a lot about it what we are as a nation. Yes, we don't know much about up Them, but we knew he killed a lot of people and he got a Victoria crossing bar.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we know a lot about it and his various exports.
Speaker 3: We also know that at one point Charles Uphams was shooting at people and boats offers beach at as Cannibury property.
Speaker 1: Wasn't he yeh yep? That he shot at BMW's when they drive up his driver.
Speaker 3: But yeah, he took out a few beatles.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so go and have your say on Facebook and Instagram. Let's take a quick break. We'll come right back with some actual sport, and by actual sport, I mean sports adjacent. Ray Guns piped up. This is the first interview, full interview she's done. She did an interview on the project last night and over there in Australia. Did you see the interview, Yeah, softball interview. It was because I guess she came on for that reason. But her argument that people that are slacking off for breakdancing don't know enough about breakdancing.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure what exact wording was, but there was the gist of it. It's like, we all know about breakdancing. Everyone has seen amazing breakdancing their entire life. We know what it looks like. You can't come at us and say we don't know what breakdancing looked like. What you did was what breakdancing looks like. What you did looked kind of like the first time someone attempted breakdancing. And we've all we've all got to Ray Duns level. We've all we've all got there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, homesir from school one day and you're like, I wonder if I'm a mean breakdancer.
Speaker 3: I wonder if I can what my up games, Like, I wonder if I can do crazy legs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you moved the coffee table out in the middle of the lounge and you try it, and you're like, no, I can't.
Speaker 3: At Intermediate, we had to pick a club day, and I worked out if I didn't pick a club day, then I could get the whole afternoon off. So I didn't pick a club, which is one of the things you go to, and in retaliation when they found out, they put me in Modern Dance Club the day before their performance in front of the whole school. Palaicuan Intermediate in the hall in front of the whole school. And then I was like, I can hide at the back. And then then the deputy principal said, no, actually, Matt is going to have to do a solo a solo dance for so they put on some music and pushed me out on the stage in front of the whole school and I dropped and tried some crazy legs. I actually got a decent backspin going oh, and then I was getting confidence and I looked over my best mate at the time, Neil to Marley, and he fell off his cheer laughing and he was on the floor in the aisle laughing at and it was silent.
Speaker 1: Apart from that, pretty much just Neil to Marley.
Speaker 3: Couldn't he nearly had a heart attack at the age of eleven, laughing so hard embarrassing it was for me. I think I think I was better than Reagan. I appreciate your dacity.
Speaker 1: Of you, Ben, like I wonder if I did crazy legs front of the whole that's immediate. You're right though. I love the I love the rebranding of what I did was amazing and original and you don't get it. It's got We faced a lot of backlash for this podcast being you know, a steaming pile of dog shit, but actually you just don't understand it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well it's the same as with my radio show. Like a lot of people go, it's shit, and it's like, well, you don't understand radio. You know, you haven't seen her, you haven't heard radio before you U understand, you don' understand it like the way we do.
Speaker 1: It's original.
Speaker 3: It seems like a low effort single on Tondra low hanging fruit operation.
Speaker 1: But that's because you just don't understand it. No, the originality, the innovation that we bring to the broadcasting game, jumping in looking like a kangaroo, that kind of thing. You may not recognize it as what you've seen as breakdancing before, or podcasting or you know, radio shows before.
Speaker 3: I said on the side that what she did was insulting to athletes that work their freaking ass off and being in the Olympics has to mean something. And I don't care if you come you know, one hundred and twentieth yes, and whatever your particular sport is, you're the best of your nation and you've got there to compete and you've put on a ha level lot of work. She's not the best in her nation at breakdanancing, absolutely not. She's gone there and she's made a mockery and she's actually made a mockery of because now everyone's laughing at Australia had an amazing Olympics. No one can remember a fucking thing now I remember as a single medal they won. All we remember is that Reygain was shit and so we think Australia shit and and that break's not fair.
Speaker 1: I mean, I mean Dame Lisa Carrington.
Speaker 3: Like if she turned up and just like a you know, a Fijian resort canoe and it ended up falling out halfway through, that's really what she did.
Speaker 1: But no, except that Dame Lisa Carrington is actually good like could do. Yeah, I don't know, I guess it's not an exact example, but like, no, if someone entered kayaking and put no fucking effort in is what it is and then just said, no, you don't understand kayaking. It's just it's just so shit. She's just so shit. And I know people that she's just a shit, And I know people say it's funny and we're taking it all too seriously, but you are shit, And so you're allowed to be laughed at because it's the Olympics where you put your hand up and saying I'm the best in my nation for this. So if you turn up and you're not, then you know we're allowed to laugh at you. What is this just some rule you're not allowed to know? Her argument is like you have to support me. No, No, I mean you're you're in this incredibly private, private situation. You've got to hang out in Paris, you got to be in the Olympic village, you got to do all these things. That's set up the whole thing for you to perform, and and you put no efford in. And by the way, your sport has a judge, so the whole thing is being judged. Yeah, that's literally, and they judge you zero eighteen zero eighteen zero eighteen. And then when she when the other person she was competing against was dancing, she was walking past, yawning and doing a bit of smack. So it's not like she wasn't open to that. You know, she wasn't respecting. You know, I've got no time for Reagan. And people are the other thing. I said it before, when people say, oh, you couldn't have done any better, It's like, no, I couldn't. But I could have walked into central Sydney and found fifteen people that you could have done better.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's the point. Yeah, the Warriors bar you could have done if you'd spent like a year training, you could have done better than that. If we said to now from now to one year, I think you could be better than Reagan. And there's no way you could do that in any other sport. No, you're not gonna be You're not gonna be jump.
Speaker 1: Higher than Hamish care Now after a year's training, yeah, I could be better than uh Warriors. Bar has finally been named, so they bought a bar. They're going to kick it off next year and the name they've come up with is full Time.
Speaker 3: That sounds like you're gonna be kicked out.
Speaker 1: It's full time mate, you go sorry guys, yeah, full time. Yeah. It's like we're at the Rugby Will Cup over in Paris and we were watching in the spectators area and as soon as the final whistle, blue men with automatic machine guns came in and cleared us out of the thing. That that is what it feels like. Yeah, there's so many different great names. They launched this big campaign and you know, wa Bah was sitting right there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, or like like a legend of the game, like you know.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, Stacey Jones Lounge or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, something like that. I'm mannering the Jones Lounge, manoring something like that for the company. But full time is that they mean, it's a full time is a full time you can have here?
Speaker 1: Is that? Is that what they're meaning? I took it as once it's full time at the game. Come here. Ah, But the thing is you you want to you want people to watch the game there, don't you as well? Yeah, So it's because because you're gonna be at you're going to be at Not Smart or Lily Wild, at Lily World. Yeah, that's where you'll be after the game if you want to go to a bar, because there is no direct line of transit between Mount Smart and Kingsland, whethers bar, it's by the time you get up there down there. Yeah, it'll be full time in the game after. Yeah. It's because to take a train, which they always tell you to try and take, you've got to go fucking New Market and then to Kingsland. Yeah, just two separate suburbs for those of you playing at home. I think they should have given a classy name. You know. Up the Bar was sitting right there, up the bar, yeah, yeah, yeah, up the bars yeah, you know. Yeah. There were so many better suggestions at reeks of like they already had this written down. Yeah, they already ordered the stationary. Yeah. Having said that, if they'd like to offer us a bar, tab and a table that we can still love that, we'll still support you one hundred cent. It's quite close to my house. World Rugby, I read this headline every now and then. We you know, we we see these things pop up in the mainstream media that we've talked about months and months ago. And look a large part of that is because we throw so much shit at the wall that every now and then's forty minutes of shit a day. Something that's going to stick. World Rugby is having a crisis summit that could open the door for Saudi Arabian investment. We've been talking about this about a year now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, if there's any sport and crisis, it's World Rugby.
Speaker 1: Yes. And if there's anyone more up for sportswa washing, it's New Zealand. Like fuck it, who cares? We don't care?
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, I mean we you know, took a long time for New Zealand rugby to stopped playing South Africa. Yeah, very long time, to the point that we went in a loud in the Montreal the Montreal Olympics boycotted. All the African nations boycotted because New Zealand was there were tiny little country, but we were so determined to play right. Yeah, So that's that, you know, when John John Walker got his gold right because all the African nations boycotted US because were still playing South Africa at the Montreal Olympics. So you mentioned country as small as US, so we were probably only had three million people then. Yeah, but we just really wanted to play rugby. So what I'm saying is we don't have a strong history of ma the morally right decision when it comes to the sport.
Speaker 1: So pump that money. And we've talked at nauseam a bit about the Saudi suitcaseh which was the Ramfilly Shield but for Super rugby and instead of a shield, it's just a suitcase full of oil money that you win. So yeah, bring it, bring it all the way. And World Rugby's already turned down an offer from the Katari royal family's wealth fund, who also owns PSG and Manchester City to buy the hosting rights for the Nations Cup, which I still don't fully understand what that is.
Speaker 3: So that's kind of a World Cup killer where you have ten nations is it playing in between?
Speaker 1: Yeah that was basically the long short of it, sir, But yeah, I'm all on board. I don't think I've got any sort of moral issues with it at all. It is a Thursday. Hey, so we need to put a a gender hunch on. Thanks to the TA, we've got one hundred dollars bonus. Bet I think we go all blacks. Yeah, And I feel like, tell me if I'm wrong here. I don't feel like we lose two in a row against Box. Yeah, I don't think. And and it would actually be four in a row, yeah, of course. Yeah, I mean we ever lost four and we've lost three in a row against them before. Yes, yeah, so I don't think we lose four in a row against the Box Cape Town Cape Town.
Speaker 3: It's not the fortress that Alice Parkers. God, how great is Elis passed? Looks incredible? People right up your ass along, It's absolutely feverite. And so and we were there are thereabouts in that last game? Oh yeah, yeah, we were there are thereabouts. I mean we didn't. We weren't great in the last twenty. No, and you know that they've got the bomb squad to unleash. But I know I feel like I feel like, you know, you know, we we were the more skillful team. Yes, you know, I.
Speaker 1: Think we play that exact same game last week ten times we win that probably eight times.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I mean because because a couple more tries, a couple more penalties go your way. Try that was definitely not a try doesn't get awarded and things start to look different different, don't they.
Speaker 1: That's right? So I think for the agenda hunts this week, I don't think we overthink it. I think we just get straight on the All Blacks to win head to hear two dollars thirty five. Yeah, that's a good honest feed. Yeah, good honest.
Speaker 3: And you never lose money over time bedding on the All Blacks, No, you don't. As an investment strategy. I mean it's that's that's blue chap, isn't it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're winning, is team.
Speaker 3: I mean sometimes they're only paying like a one oh one.
Speaker 1: It's incremental sure. But here right, all right, let's take one last break and when we come back, yours please, yours.
Speaker 2: Please, brought to you by Leader Home of the LA.
Speaker 1: Four of them to get through today. First caller, here, yours please.
Speaker 5: Good Aim and I a fucked ju lane. I was just driving from Dunedin to christ Church over the weekend and all I could think when I cross that mighty Waiteeki River was that.
Speaker 1: Fox South Canterbury.
Speaker 5: And on the chair on today's show, I thought, you know, actually we're do South Canterbury end because I was thinking Fox South Canterbury all the way to christ Church. You know, No, that's not South Canterbury anyway. Ritchie McCalls from a Targo fux South Canterbury. Fact ju Lane, How good o Roo?
Speaker 1: Yes, some good points raised there. Yes, we were talking on the podcast the other day that Ritchie mccaus technically from South Canterbury because he was born on our side of the river.
Speaker 3: I went to a Tager Boys, Yeah he did before he was snaffled.
Speaker 1: I don't think that defines where you're from.
Speaker 3: No, it is possible to be born somewhere and then go to school in another area.
Speaker 1: I went to high school in North Otago, but I don't identify as north Otago. Yeah, so yeah, I still anyway to answer, it's the white take you all the way up to the you don't get Tata River. Yeah, then you're into mid Canterbury. Yeah, but you would be familiar with that trip to need in the christ Hitch, and in fact, didn't you write a hit song on that very trip? I did Today Tomorrow, Timroy, Yeah, Washtag, Tamurka, dun sand Or Lson, hob Rickayer, and people go, you got it around the wrong way.
Speaker 3: Now, it's a story about a guy goes to Christ chups, then he freaks out and starts heading back again. Ah, because he picked up the cares. He's getting out of town, and then he goes, I'm coming home. Yeah, he didn't quite make it to Christ. Yes, he's back living in Timorrow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, powerful down in Caroline Bay. Yeah, Radio Caroline yeah, now defunct Radio car Yeah, that was my retirement plan. They've still got the ovaries down there, the ovaries with the birds in it. Oh, the averies, yeah yeah, and averes the big Circle, the big Dome Averies they do. Yeah. Yeah, great, they're down there, soundshell. They're still doing Miss Tomorrow. Oh mate, well god, I've got a Miss Tomrouse story for you. They are still doing Miss Tomorrow. I was about nineteen twenty. Me and a bunch of my flatmates went down the down the old sound shell. Actually yeah you say that, and they said, oh, the the Miss tomrou pageants on it. Three well, fuck two thirty, let's go pack up, check this thing out. It's only kids these days, so that sounds problematic. So there was three of us, nineteen twenty year old dudes sitting on the lawn and then a bunch of families around, and then all these like kids walked out with the sashes around them. We're like, oh fuck, and so we had to like get up, sheemishly walk out. So one of my auntie's is beauty. There you go. I think Laura mcgoldrick's mum was mister Marou back in the day, is that right? Yeah? Wow, back when they did the adult suit.
Speaker 3: I remember when I was a kid, I used to spend a lot of time in the cargo and went to school in Sterling, which is not far from Bell Cluther. It was depressing place to be. I know, it's fine stealing, actually, I take that back. Some the good people are Stirling are sending me a package. But anyway to say thank you for me constantly bring up stealing. But anyway, we went on holiday to tim when I was a kid and went to Caroline Bay. There was some big event at the soundshow and I thought that was the equivalent of me that age going to the Gold Coast.
Speaker 1: Or something like.
Speaker 3: Oh like and and my head was because going to Bell Cluther was a big city for me at that point in my life. Going to was like, oh my Jesus Christ. Tomorrow is most because it had a beach is kind of as miles away you can't quite get to it.
Speaker 1: To McDonald's. Yeah, back in the day it had too McDonald's. One on the main street and one out in Fatty Lane.
Speaker 3: It had KFC and also something called I think it was Country Fried Chicken or something CFC.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's good. A bit of CFC going under there, yea. Yeah. No, beautiful, beautiful part of the country. Carolina one of the top ten beaches. One of those rankings that they bring out. And it's only because the actual top ten best beaches. They don't care whether you put them in your top ten. Pooky, it's not like putting money in. Yeah, that's right. Particularly was just the World or New Zealand. I think it was New zeal Oh okay, yeah, on poo Kit. It wouldn't count one that wouldn't have thought it would be in the world anyway they thought. Kaylee Bell said the record for the most the highest attended gig at the Soundshell over last summer, so many people. They were standing on the bloody train tracks because the train tracks run straight through the soundshell. They had no security because they didn't think that many people were going to show up. There's about I have six thousand people there, and the Lions Club they were taking donations at the door. They ended up having to be security, so they had to link arms at either side of the soundshow to stop more people from coming in. Jesus, it was madness, absolute madness. I love that soundshow. Hopefully this summer all right, I've really gotten through one of these.
Speaker 3: I played a gig in to Maru just after a song today. To Maru came out, sold out three nights in a row at this place. But on the first night, this road night came up to me and he was at the back and I was going to the toilet, and he goes, we don't think that song's funny, mate, You're taking the piss And I'm like, we're not. He goes, you're fucking taking the piss, mate, and I said no, because you better fucking not be. And I was like, this is gonna be a long three nights, it's gonna be a long.
Speaker 1: Then he came back to the next two gigs.
Speaker 3: He didn't actually, thankfully, but it intended to be a fantastic time.
Speaker 1: But I was like, sure, we are taking the piss that you know.
Speaker 3: You know, beautiful part of the gas keeping, beautiful part of the country.
Speaker 1: Not the call here yours?
Speaker 4: Yeah, good ay, Murray, get that beeper button ready, because I'm pretty wound up about this one. When the fuck did we need pub facts to actually be true? As long as they sound good at the pub and they get a laugh, that's all we fucking need. No one might just PreK at the pub there, pools our fucking uncle Google and fact checks there. We can't fuck those, Fuck the fat checkers, fuck those precs.
Speaker 1: Love you ge Lane, Oh ge Lane fan. It's always the ge Lane fans. Ant ge Lane fans are the worst, just terrible language. And when the twenty seventeen Lines tour was going on and we were at it the King's arms oh yeah yeah, and commentating and then it the game. We lost the game, I think, or it was the drawers, the drawer one. Yeah, people started trashing outside. They're throwing glass bottles against the walls. The place just got torn to bits, and you Gelane and Jerry were hold up side of stage with a bunch of g Lane fans trying to smash.
Speaker 3: The door down the movie Assault on preseix thirteen. They were just smashing them, was going, g Lane, g Laane, G Lane. Yeah, it's actually the whole episode is written about in the upcoming acc Almanac book that's coming out very soon.
Speaker 1: You can pre order it now just google it.
Speaker 3: And it's interesting because it's an oral history where everyone sees what they think about it.
Speaker 1: In the book. It's like Jeremy goes, that was an absolute disaster, We're scared for life, and then Gilane was like, I thought it went well.
Speaker 3: It was a real blueprint for future gigs because he loved the ego.
Speaker 1: Even though even though the bar was destroyed is some people got bottled. That bar has subsequently been actually destroyed in department.
Speaker 3: There was a bit of a demolition party vibe to that evening, which sort of helped things. But the fact that even though those people were threatening to kill me and Jerry and there, it just the ego bars for him of people banging on the door and trying to get in.
Speaker 1: So I don't know what they wanted to do. To him, it was like the final scene in The Joker. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So he was like, this is great, there's one of the best skegs we've ever been involved. It was a lot like that.
Speaker 1: He was standing on top of a burning police car. Yeah, thousands of people around. Anarchy is you know. But the caller's point was, we have so many people call again a fact checking out. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, that that you've got fact check You said, yeah, it's like factive your dad's We're not checking any facts on here. No, we don't know. We're not a reputable news outlet. Yeah. True.
Speaker 3: And also it's fine to get something wrong and then get told you're right. There's no shame in getting something wrong.
Speaker 1: I think where the shame comes in is because people like to listen to podcasts and then go and tell their friends they've learned. And when the things start learning are complete and uttered bullshit, that's when they get upset. But by the way, if you're going to telling people ship that you've heard on this podcast, you got bigger problems. I think we had a couple more to get through. Yours Please You Today fills.
Speaker 2: My favorite adjacent podcast.
Speaker 5: I've got a half baked adjacent idea.
Speaker 1: What the chip packets, what's the best way to get the blast of the chips out?
Speaker 2: I've noticed what the old snacker chain.
Speaker 1: The bag tends to rip and you can't get a good flow out of the corner the bag. You try to go like the side or the front of the back of the bag, and it blows out. You know.
Speaker 2: Can you guys for me first for the problems.
Speaker 1: I would say in defensive snacker chainy, the bags are quite like solid, you know, they're not flimsy little bags, and I don't think they're decided to have the corners ripped. Yeah. I would also say that of all of the chips, they have the fewest crumbs left at the bottom. Yeah. You know, some other flaky chips though, they'll be almost entirely crumb at the bottom.
Speaker 3: I mean, when I was a kid, I always look the bag, But I think nowadays I've sort of grown out of that. Yeah, like sort of going inside and licking the last bits of salt and flavoring off the inside of the chip packet. I don't Yeah, I don't do that as much anymore, but I'm not above just.
Speaker 1: Getting more we grubby fingers in the bottom there and picking up all the weid dust and think that part of it. That's basically how I go. I don't drink it like I've seen some people.
Speaker 3: It's amazing, like you know, the little moments in your life where you realize that you're progressing, and it's like when you know that you can buy you know, when you're at home, there's only so many chips that are available to you. Yeah, and then you leave home and you're making some money and you can eat, and then it's just about not eating as many chips, let alone licking the bag. Yeah, you're like trying to close the bag and walk away from it.
Speaker 1: I still will eat ice cream for breakfast, probably once a year, just because you know, kid me was looking forward to that more than anything else.
Speaker 3: I remember when I moved out of home, I was like, I'm going to have CAFC every night. There's no way they can stop me. And then we'll bankrupting myself on the first night, and then head CAFC the next night, and then about three nights and I was like, actually that's enough CAFC for a while.
Speaker 1: I'm off it for a little bit. I've also found I bought a like an industrial quantity of KitKat chunkies from Costco. Oh shit, well not a MONTHGA thirty six. How does that film with your gym routine? You're not well, but I will say that because I have access to such a supply of them, I don't have that like I got to eat all of them. Yeah, there'll always be another one there, so I don't need to. Well that's the logic.
Speaker 3: Way they reckon with such Drunks and New Zealanders because they keep restricting the alcohol. So we've got a squirrel mentality, We've got a siege mentality. The alcohol is all about to be taken away from us, so we're going to get it down. It's like playing alcohols, always playing hard to get our country, so we want it more and more.
Speaker 1: That's like when you look at European countries like Germans who are drinking beer at like eight years old, and the French drinking wine and stuff. So it's not like this novelty thing to them, No, you're so right, but to us it's like wait until you're retain don't never sit before you're ateened. Yeah, maybe go to one party or two and still keep it out of a three out and not every drink blah blah bah bah bah bah blah blah bah bah, and we're like fever USh for it. Give us more. So when you get the opportunity. For example, last night at the New Zealand Marketing Awards, Yeah, I didn't really feel like drinking last night, but there was an open bar. Yeah, I said, well, I now have to order. So when she came around and said do you need another beer? I was like, how many can I order? She's like, it's four per person? Was olive four Joe all for Well I didn't even want them, you know. Yeah, you're so right. Yeah, it's just a famine mentality. It's a famine mentality. There may not be another beer. We're screwing it away for the future. So to that person, that caller who said that he doesn't know how to how best to get the chips out of the bottom, just leave them, throw it away. There will be more chips. Yeah, there will be more chips. It will always be.
Speaker 3: When I'm sitting in front of piles, there's probably fifty bags of snacker CHANKI right to my.
Speaker 1: Left here there are Yeah. So probably easier for us to say then, actually, yeah, but there will always be more. Yeah, we're Chip Rich here. Yeah, and one last call that your sports.
Speaker 6: Gilane and I have been really enjoying this Greatest New Zealander competition. First thing, I look at it in the morning, place some votes, checking later and they see who's winning. Going to be sad when it's over tomorrow. But I've got an idea for a new competition. How about New Zealand's Greatest Breath of fresh Year. Doesn't have to just be current entrance, can be any time in New Zealand history. I'm thinking Judy Bailey ninety two, Rachel Hunter probably ninety nine era or current day. There you go use that one for free, who wrote.
Speaker 1: Oh, the Greatest breath of fresh Air. I feel like this is going to be problematic for us. Yeah, so I'm going to say I feel like we need to steer away from that. Yeah.
Speaker 3: We did New Zealand's Hottest Trading on the met and Jerry shows right, and it was interesting because we allowed men and woman into it. There was one woman that got really angry when she didn't win because Jerry Pick picked some some dude with a massive motor climbing out of a portloo and she was actually hot, and she was like, well, what the fuck is this competition then? But Jerry just finds dudes with a massive motor climbing out of a porterloo hot. Yeah, who's to say? It becomes quite subjective, doesn't it. That's why a bracket system might work a bit better.
Speaker 1: I don't think would you go, men and woman. I don't think in this current climate we need to be doing this. I think that would be creating more problems than it would solve. For you, Yes, I think so as well, certainly for Gla.
Speaker 3: What about just New Zealand's hottest member of the acc Oh start up glaying versus Joe Jury.
Speaker 1: That's going to hurt some feelings. We did think to throw a cat among the pigeons. The next bracket we should do is just John Over's beenerry ah right.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that's a good one. I just think it'd be funny if it was just one one side, because just go straight to the final.
Speaker 1: Who's that? Oh? Just John ov Ben? Yeah? Yeah, you know. I do appreciate the level of detail that caller went to, and a great voice as well, great no arming, arming arming and r Ring just presented their point very clearly. That was nice to hear. Yeah, he sounds like Petty Gower, that dude. But I did did appreciate that he dated each of those people like it was a bottle of wine. Yeah, ninety nine Rachel Hunder, All about the ninety eight Rachelhunder, Oh yeah, yeah, that's like, yeah, that's what your Americans always do with their teams. Yeah, like ninety five Dodges, sixty seven, you know, eighty eight Dodgers, yeah or whatever, Yeah, two thousand and one. Sheck yeah, yeah, brilliant. Thank you for the idea. Really appreciate it. I think it's a great idea. I just don't think we need it a sec.
Speaker 3: You do it, you do it, and we'll voting it, but but you know, we probably won't run it.
Speaker 1: We may have to keep you an arms leak. Thank you very much for that, and thanks for joining us this morning, Matt Heath. We're kno this one on the head would be back tomorrow for a Friday episode of the Gender Podcast.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to the ACC's Agender Podcast, brought to you by Export Ultra. For more episodes, like and follow on iHeartRadio for many of you get your podcasts