Speaker 1: Out the Gate with Maddie McLean, Chris Henry and Brad Christiansen cheers heavy dry July. Yes, it ain't happening for it. I mean it was never going to happen for us.
Speaker 2: I have to say today it is Wednesday, the third of July, and this is the first step of alcohol that's gone into my mouth since quite late on Saturday morning.
Speaker 1: I think at my best, so so dry drive first and second of July. We can say that.
Speaker 2: And you know, if you take the days in June that I didn't drink and then edit to I'm probably sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you've built up like a little stockpile. You're like a little squirrel. You're just like you just put the nuts away. Its free days for winter, and then here you are reaping the rewards of that cold beer on a Wednesday night. It's so we really just threw the gators out, didn't we We threw the gators out, and to be fair, we threw ourselves out because I always get a little bit heldy pigoty when we changed the plans. But we did, and that's fine.
Speaker 2: Oh thank you. It's a mahi last night. That's why why I couldn't make it, so thank you very much for changing it. And also we just one step closer to the weekend.
Speaker 1: I reckon, once you get to a Wednesday night. So for our Gators, we usually record on a Tuesday, upload on a Wednesday. We are now recording on a Wednesday, uploading on a Thursday.
Speaker 2: I tell you what the gap between this podcast? Actually no, no, no, continue because.
Speaker 1: I was just going to say that the that the Wednesday night record is great because it means it feels like we're so like this is we're over the hearm, well over well over the heart.
Speaker 2: I reckon, we'll get this one down and then maybe we'll get there. But like you just nip up the road for a sneaky totally totally.
Speaker 1: I'd like to use this opportunity to welcome in our wonderful co host Bread Hi Bred Oh oh nothing crickets, absolute crecket crickets. Where the bloody hell It's like I feel like Lara Bingle and the Tourism Australia aired from years years ago, Where the bloody hell are you? Well? Look?
Speaker 2: Bread is away at the moment. He's busy, very he's very busy. He did say I'm in. He accepted the invitation. There was a quick little pop into the group chat this morning, but as of this afternoon.
Speaker 1: Silent Silence, Radio Silence, Radio podcast Silence. Can I tell you two things. One, I looked in the in the dock earlier, and to be fair, I was a late dock adder today and I when I was, when I was putting stuff in the dock, I thought, there's nothing from Bread. I don't see a BC on the dock. On the dock, that's not unusual, that's not uncommon. No, even when we know he's coming, that's not unusual. So that that gave me a little pause for thought. But it wasn't the biggest of red flags. There was a lot of radio silence, and I did think to myself, I feel like he's not he ain't showing today.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I mean it looks it looks that way. I mean, we we have taken some really good precautions. We have installed. We have got some of our really great radio help us here in the iHeartRadio stable to help us get zoom to run through the computery desk thing, which went really well.
Speaker 1: And for you and I well for this whole podcast, which is not known for its technical technical like knowledge. Now I feel like we've actually done pretty well, very good. So this is just a little take you behind the curtains.
Speaker 2: We have a live zoom link that Brad does have the link for Yes Live and Opera. We're streaming live into the zone. At some point across the next forty minutes, if Brad does pop his head up and jump in, we're going to bring you him live.
Speaker 1: Well we're good to go. Yeah, I've just got to click one button that says on and then he'll be beaming into us. I've had a look and because we've got a group chat, the three of us, and if all three of us have seen the message, the text turn blue on WhatsApp. There ain't no blue tics from the last few messages we've sent God, so he has not seen it yet.
Speaker 2: Well, look, Bradley, for all of your flaws, we still love We do adore you. We adore you. We miss your beautiful ris we miss you up the bum no babies, we miss.
Speaker 1: You're a useless prack, but we do love you.
Speaker 2: So look fingers across that he arrives on the podcast at some point today, so we can just sort of rinse him live for the remainder of the podcast.
Speaker 1: Here's my thinking if he doesn't show next week, because I'm look, I would love if he just randomly popped up today and we got him on today's podcast. I'm not holding out any home, so I've I've written today off like it is probably just going to be the two of us. If he doesn't show next week, do you think do you think this podcast can afford to have its second use of the sea words? Maybe? Do you think you would? Do you think we would call him the sea words? I was thinking call him the seaworks and a loving in a loving way, but drop the sea word. I mean, I think it's probably appropriate. I wouldn't be nervous about doing it because remember the first time we did it, I did not go down. We did not go well, and we turned to each other and we went, we're we're smutty. Yeah we're filthy, but we're not there. We're not there, and we are now part of sort of a wider go on roots, like a more professional like, yeah, yeah this building is paying your wages. Yeah, we're in a more professional operation. Not that producer Joey wasn't professional professionalism to a dying days, but Yeah, there's more people involved in the setup of this.
Speaker 2: Now it goes the higher chains. We can actually get in like legitimate trouble.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah. They send out every every year they do a list of the the worst words that you can broadcast. I think it's like the BSA might put it out and that word definitely tops the list. Still, every year you can get away with you can get away with your ships and your fox farm more than you ever could.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, and we I mean we use all of them deck balls Fanny, Yeah, but not not that one rusty trombone.
Speaker 1: What were the other one with? What were the ones got the rusty trombone? What were the other ones?
Speaker 2: That some sort of eagle there, there's an eagle an eagle, yeah.
Speaker 1: Which we never tried. I never tried. No, I mean no I have. I haven't tried it either. I was gung ho I was going to try. I could be a homework for that space.
Speaker 2: I've got to question, there's gonna be your off gred you know, you're worried about your off grad holiday and not having things to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe we need to sort of get the Gators.
Speaker 2: Is suggest sort of a series and it could be sort of positioned a day.
Speaker 1: So that's a great idea. That's a great idea because we will need to kill some time. Absolutely. Yeah. I got actually because we talked about got the fact that we're going off grad for this holiday, and I got the they semmed out like a full file beforehand, and I just got sent and I was having a look at it, and it's it's full on they call it, they say, because they've got a whole heap of Kevins scattered around the country, and so they kind of rank them in terms of ease to heart the gardeners. And they call this one a spice. This was thinking like hot or not, Like this is hot super hot Kevin. No, no, fugly no, no, no, this is like levels of extremism, I guess. And they said that this one's a spicy cabin. So it's an it's a you're coming nearly it's a nearly one kilometer walk from the car park to the hut. Really when you when you park your car, So you park your car, then you've got to obviously get all your stuff out. There's a wheelbarrow waiting for you that you can utilize to like transport your gear. It's your first position the wheelbarrow. Yeah, yeah, I could do this, but they say, don't like, don't pack anything crazy, because I'll let you in on a little I'll let you in a little tidbit.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 1: I was contemplating packing the Brevel coffee machine to take away with us. That's fair. I thought so too, until I realized I've got to lug this thing uphill eight hundred meters in a wheelbarrow. Maybe the maybe the coffee machine can stay at home. We can have to do a little macona instant instant or plunge your Oh, I don't I like a plunge. I don't mind a plunge. But you know, when you wake up in the morning, I just want my I want my I'm used to my phoony, my, my phoamy milky flat white, and that's what I want, and so you deserve it. So I deserve it today. But also I've chosen to go off gred, so I guess I've gotta I've gotta live with the consequences of that, and one of those consequences is I might not get a frothy, milky flat white in the morning.
Speaker 2: Although I do think that, I mean, you've got a resourceful husband like I do. He is, he's a problem solver, absolutely makes things happen. I reckon just sort of over the course of the week because you get towards holiday, just start to like drop hints about like.
Speaker 1: I'm maybe gonna miss this coffee.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, yeah, and see if maybe can just do something like you're got to do guest lighting in a positive way.
Speaker 1: I think so if it benefit of guess life, if it benefits both parties, I feel like a little bit of guest lighting is okay. I think this was your idea. Even the thing even gave us like recipes of things to cook. I suppose if you're gonna.
Speaker 2: Go that far, you wouldn't want to be taking many canned goods, would you know?
Speaker 1: There's a full fire like full fire and everything. Yeah, it's going to be very fun.
Speaker 2: It actually will be really nice. I think you had the twitch for the first day or side. Yeah, and I think you're calm it down.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I'll obviously report back after the after the holiday. So it's nice to see you again. It's to see you too.
Speaker 2: The last time I saw you, we were really getting amongst the dancers in Auckland.
Speaker 1: Shit she was fun. She was a big night. So we talked about this in the podcast last week.
Speaker 2: Pockets and I and a group of merry men descended on a party in Central Auckland. I don't know about you, but it'd been all since I'd sort of been out and about and I had a bit of a nervous excitement about it.
Speaker 1: You're same, I was like, oh, this is quite fun. Yeah, we were like discussing.
Speaker 2: I kind of felt like I was a little bit back in my youth, like, oh, we're gonna have some pre drinks, all right, who's coming over?
Speaker 1: Who do you know? That's going? So we had a few predrics which you came around to you you did, Yeah, you did? You bo obviously your wonderful partner Mat and then a couple of friends as well. They were lovely, absolutely lovely, as were your friends. Yeah, one of them I definitely recognized, and you know in the gay world where you do have that moment going have I did I did we? We didn't? Or did we? Oh you might have? I was. I didn't even add feedback either way.
Speaker 2: I did have that thought when I it's always when you arrive in new group of gays, you're just like, oh.
Speaker 1: Hi, yes, yeah, have we been on Have I been on the back end of view? Have I just seen you in a grid somewhere? Have you seen me a picture of your a nurse before? I can't recognize your face, but just oh yeah, yea yea yeah yeah, yah yeah yeah. No, never seen that one before. No, oh no, I didn't have that feedback, okayod no, no, no, I don't think so. But I did look at him and I was like, you look familiar. And in any other circumstance, I would you would never think of anything of it. You'd be like, you'd look you look familiar. We must have met at some point or you know, just seeing each other around or whatever. But in the gay world, it's you look familiar. Have we hooked ark? Yeah? Have we shared pictures on Grander?
Speaker 2: Absolutely? I definitely felt that a little bit more. We got to the party, I was like, oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah the roster, yea, oh you you were we are used? You were my Wednesdays.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've seen you before, some of them obviously, Now that it runs a content creator, I was like, oh, I spotted one at the party. I was like, I've seen your content, your spicy content.
Speaker 1: Hello, hello.
Speaker 2: But it was so fun to get amongst so it's such a great job with the party. We danced and we danced, and we danced and we danced some more, and then it was very late in the night.
Speaker 1: Yes, gators, guess who was there? Regular gators will remember this. The stripper from My hens Doom.
Speaker 2: Strippert from the hens Do was there, and he was painted head to toe in gold like he was. I mean, he was obviously an Egyptian god before the event, but he was very much an Egyptian god at the event.
Speaker 1: He looked so good. And here's something that I haven't told you is that when he was on stage dancing, he spotted me and recognized me and came down and like I was quite drunk, but he definitely acknowledged me and came and talked to me. And then my friends that were around me got were like what was that? What was that? And I was like, oh, that's the stripper from my Ends to I've had got so much podcasting got gone out of him, my god, And then I told him about the voice memos. Remember do you see me voice me? I think your voice memos And he was like, it is a very sensual that's not exactly and I'm doing a tear. I'm butchering it. But yeah, oh I don't really care what he sounds. So he was there. It was a great night. Remember last week we're saying Egyptian theme, Egyptian theme, So what does that mean for us? Does that mean we have to dress up an Egyptian were and you and I both decided no, a cultural appropriation be It just doesn't feel like that kind of vibe either. I think we'd be to just wear our regular clothes.
Speaker 2: Well, this was quite a ruckus in my house because my darling, Matt, he listens to the podcast. He came home and he turns around to me and says, as this party of dress up, And I was like, no, no, no, no, no no no no no, no, no, no no, we can just wear whatever. Yes, yes, I think he was concerned that he had to find a new outfit, but instead we just went with Homer Cute is how I would describe it.
Speaker 1: So I was in pockets, headed shorts on. So you do you know about the stress before you arrived at our house for pre drinks. I do know. So I had I'd been stressing all day about what to wear, and I don't know, like something about one of these like very cool, hip gay parties just like it's like it reverts me back to my like high school days where I'm like, oh god, I'm not cool enough and what do I wear? And oh my god, I'm going to talk to and what if the cool kids are there and blah blah blah. So I was stressing all day about what to wear. I finally landed on an outfit i'd bought. I had some new sh jeans, so I wore my new jeans and I wore like a linen long sleeve linen shirt. And then a couple of friends came around first for the pre drinks, and one of my friends, Harry, said, no, that's not going to work straight away. Straight away, he didn't say he wasn't like you don't look good. He was just like, this isn't this isn't suitable for the party. You look too like nice, yeah, okay for cool yeah. And he said also, I've been to this party before it gets really hot, you're going to overheat. So then that just threw me into a whole tailspin. And then he was like, come with me, come with me. So he took me into the bedroom and we'd like that some dodgy took me into the bedroom and we looked through my closet. You put him on the chair and he was like, Okay, let's do this and let's do this. And that's how I ended up in shorts and a short sleeved collared shirt.
Speaker 2: But your college shirt was cute though, because it was like you'd come down a couple about it.
Speaker 1: Yes, a little bit, a little bit of Jess. I think you were cute. Thank you, thank you, I will say. Once I got to the party, I was like, I don't think I would have overheated, you know, No, it wasn't like I wasn't boiling or sweating or anything like that. No, I mean, I won't even think what I wore. But I'd made my choice, so I kind of stuck with it. There were maybe two people I think that I saw definitely their head dressed and to toe like first scene, look sharp Egyptian costume. Well would the thing on the hea'd be called a name, isn't it? Yes? And I don't know what the name is, but you know, like think a head piece, I think an Egyptian head piece for a male they were wearing that. There were definitely some sort of like robe situations.
Speaker 2: But to be fair, at the parties it doesn't almost really matter because by the time we were in there and we were dancing way for a bit, and then at one point it turned around and.
Speaker 1: No one had any shirts on side. Know, the shirts came off quite quickly as well, very quickly. Yeah, and then I woke up the next morning and I was still pulling little bits of gold like confetti out of a comfetti cannonal I forgot about the confiti canon until I saw it the next morning and I was like, oh, that's right, the confetti canon went off. Anyway, a lot of fun. It was a great night, and it was very nice to have you guys, you boys around for pre drinks. It was fun. Absolutely, it was really fun. Fun. Now I've speaking of parties. Yes, I've got a bit of a dilemma, so bring it to the group. This Saturday, we are hosting a little midwinter Christmas late lunch with some of our friends. There's a group of like eight of us. Yes, and yeah, it's going to be really really nice, low key but fun. We'll have a few drinks and yeah, and part of the reason we're doing it in the afternoon is it was just one of those things, you know what it's like, getting a group of friends together is important. There impossible trying to lock in a specific date that everyone can do, it's such a nightmare.
Speaker 2: It's it's the curse of modern society, the bane of adulthood.
Speaker 1: Absolutely months. Yeah. But then, so we were trying to do night like a nighttime thing, and then someone would always pipe up with, no, I can't do that night right, And we wanted it to be a weekend and we wanted to have fun and all the rest of it. But then Ryan said, what about an afternoon thing? Like, we don't have to do a nighttime thing of reason, isn't he And then everyone kind of went, actually, I love I'm so vibing with the afternoon thing. So we locked in this Saturday. And then that my friend was like, that's great because I've got a leaving party to go to at night time, so it's perfect. I'll come to the midwinter Christmas, we'll wrap things up. Then I can go to my leaving party and everyone I just can get on with the night. I can go out again, they can go out afterwards, or they can just go home and put themselves to bid whatever they want to do. And then he said to us, by the way, you'll be invited to this leaving party and right, and I went, we're not. We're definitely not. And these aren't the people who are leaving. We've only met them recently. They're more of like friends of friends. But we love with are great. We get along with them really well. But we're not done. We're not in their lives big time. We haven't known them for a long time, so I wouldn't have expected to been invited. But we message on social media, you know, from time to time, and we had been messaging this week and I said to one of them, knowing for while there was a leaving party, I said to him, will we see you before you go? And he said, I'm sure you will. And I was like, okay, so you know, I'm not. I'm not the best of fishermen at the best of times. But I took the line out and nothing came back. Right, So that was that. And then and then literally this week yesterday, the invite has come in for the party. But I feel like maybe it's a like last minute thing, and I don't know if we should still go. Do we just turn up anyway? See, it's it's a tough one.
Speaker 2: I wasn't gonna bring this up on the podcast, but I had a similar situation in the last couple of weeks. Okay, it was a birthday that I wasn't invited to and I was a bit surprised about not being invited. Yeah, if I'm on it, and sort of the invite never came. So I would say to you, considering it's it's Wednesday today and the party is this weekend. If it's a leaving party, I say, swallow your pride, go along, go along, one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: And I guess. I guess they have off their own bet, really put the invite out, Yea, even though I dropped a little hint last week, this is off their own bet this week that they've invited me. And although it's late, notice, I guess.
Speaker 2: But it's not dinner ornything. There has reservations. One hundred percent. Yeah, go along, I think so. Well, otherwise you're going to be the person at your own party where everyone's going to leave you and then you and yours been to cry on the.
Speaker 1: Cry on the catch here the first time that Okay, I'm going to go along. I'll let you know how it goes.
Speaker 2: That sounds amazing. Off the back of the weekend, I have been having interesting sleeps. I think you know, when you have a big night and you start at my heart, it takes you a while quite kind of recover that. And I had a dream a couple of nights ago, I had a six stream a sextreme, a really intense sex stress.
Speaker 1: Vivid, very vivid. Wow, because it's not always you don't always remember your dreams when you wake up. I was quite across this one. Yeah, okay, but not with the boyfriend. With Troy Savant. That's good. He was like quite into it in the Fearness. We have been talking about Troy quite a bit. And also update on the Troy scenario.
Speaker 2: Have you watched the fact that in his last concert, Ross Lynch was one of the dances that was part of it. No, so Ross Lynch. Actually, I can't even know why Ros Lynch is a famous person. Why is Rosslynch famous person?
Speaker 1: Actor?
Speaker 2: Maybe it's Ross's the guy that was in the first White Loners that did the rimming.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes, wow, he is.
Speaker 2: Follow from me and So he had done this video with Ty Savar and at one of the one of their concerts where Troy is like and that's it's not most respect because he's definitely portraying it like super firm, down on his knees, like looking up at Ross's He's like sitting in his own cutch yair legs, white spread. He like gives him a little slap around the face. It's super hot.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think maybe he's not the white load of guy. So when is he famous? But he has. He was a teen actor that was in like some of those like Disney movies. He was in Teen Beach Movie, which is like a Disney thing. But what you might know him from is that he was he was in the Choice of Our music video One of Your Girls. You know, when troye of Arn dresses up in drag and so that's what they were doing on stage. They were recreating that video, that music video, and oh my god, it was it was so so hot and.
Speaker 2: So yeah, so Trey and I we were sort of at one of his shows. We're kind of backstage. He sort of really just got right in my growl and hes pretty persistent. Also, weird thing about the sex dreame very across in the sex dreame that I was not allowed to be having sex with choice of varn Roll.
Speaker 1: So it was a very much I'm doing wrong and and he's really forcing their equation.
Speaker 2: Also looking forward to the fact that I haven't told my partner about the stories, that he's going to hear the story on the podcast, which is right, excellent.
Speaker 1: What a debriefing on this In fairness, if it's anything like my partner, he'll just be like, oh, tell me more, tell me. Everriefing, what happened? What was it like? Big? Yeah, what a sexy dream? It was really sexy. Yeah. I feel partially responsible for that because we have been debriefing on choice of art hard on this podcast. We're definitely a choice of our fan account were actually yeah, we've been sharing a lot of tiktoks about him. I think it's you can't be responsible for your subconscious No, you can't be. I had a six dreame a couple of months ago about one of my friend's partners also hot. Yeah. I told them as well, they like it. She found it. It was there's a heterosexual couple. I was like a girl, No, No, I had a sexam a girl's husband. She found it weird but funny, and I think he just found it weird. Did you feel like you looked at them a little bit like different afterwards? I haven't seen him in the flesh, so to speak, since the dream because they don't live in Auckland, So next time I see him in person, I don't know, it might be weird, or maybe he's put it into the back of his mind and it will never be spoken of again. Oh, it's more just about you looking at him being like I've seen you dream, Dick. Yeah, it was nice. It was It was nice too. It was a nice dream, Dick. Yeah, I liked it. Love love a dream. Hey, I wanted to have a little bit of a chat about something I saw this week online, which is that Matthew Ridge. You know, you know Matthew Bridge, Mark and Matthew sports Cafe? Was he in the way? I don't actually think he was on sports KFA. I think Mark Ellis was on sports Cafe? Was Game of two Halves married? Sally married Sally Ridge? Did they Matthew and Mark weverywhere in the like nineties, early two thousands they were like I would score Johnathan Ben. Absolutely, he definitely did. He definitely did a celebrity treasur Elenston at some point, I'm sure he had done the one one way like a cocraft. Got the all, got the coral, Yeah, got the toxic shock. Yeah. But he has started a new podcast and it's called The Brink. They promote themselves as it's him and another guy. They promote themselves as two rambling dim wits, and the show showed shared some snippets from the show to Instagram, and in it he uses the IF word and I don't mean fuck, I mean the gay slur if.
Speaker 2: Word, which I think for this podcast will be worse than saying the sea word. I think you'd say the sea word before you'd say the F word on this podcast.
Speaker 1: Yeah. In the clip, for some reason, he's telling Matthew Ridge is telling his co host that he has plenty of gay friends. His mum's gay, and then the co host starts describing pride parades with twinks and dikes on bikes, and then Matthew Ridge cuts them off and says, hang on the guys that we call if word.
Speaker 2: So slight context of this, the guy that he is hosting the podcast with is an out homosexual, all right, So there's this like weird safe space thing where it's like, well, you can't cancel me because a he's a gay but obviously not a very card caring member of the actual community.
Speaker 1: I mean, don't the two of them live in Monaca or something like that, yeah, overseas And he just he finished off by saying, I don't care if you cancel me either. I couldn't give a shit. And it's like that whole idea. And this is what I've been thinking about because I was like, I feel like we need to talk about it on the podcast, and I was thinking, what am I what are my thoughts on this? My thoughts are this. I just feel like there is a lot, there is a lot of conversation around wokeness and cancel culture, and I do think we are in a dangerous situation where people can't, you know, people can't say anything for fear of being canceled. And I do think sometimes society goes too far and they are too too quick to cancel someone without giving them the chance to like learn and whatever. In this situation, though, I do think it's being used as an excuse for like bravery, like Oh, I'm so brave for saying this thing and not caring if you cancel me. You reasoning the F word is not brave, Like you're not clever, you're not smart or anything because you've used this word trying to be brave in the face of wokeness and cancel culture. You're just a bit of a dick. And there's no need, like, there's no need for it. And I know, like he might say, oh, well, I've got lots of gay mates. I don't give a shit, Like that's not that's like me. That's like someone in America saying I've got a lot of African American friends, so I can use the N word. Nah, you can't. You can't say that word. That's not for you. That's not that's not for you to say. And it holds a lot of power. Whether you think it does or not is actually irrelevant. You're not part of the community that has been called that, that has been like that, that that has had comments on social media written about you saying that word, where people have been attacked and brutalized while that word has been shouted at them. And I'm not, like I said, I do think sometimes we go too far with wokeness and cancel culture and society these days. I do think, i'm, i'm it's fair enough for the queer society to say you can't use that. You can't just drop that word casually and say as a defense, oh, everyone's too woke these days. No, it's that. No, you can't do that.
Speaker 2: And you've got to remember that he's not using it just in a random part of the podcast that someone's gone and found. They've actively chosen to promote most of the podcast knowing.
Speaker 1: Full well it's going to get clicks, and it's going to get listens, and it's going to you know, and it's going to drive news articles, which is how I saw this thing in the first place. Absolutely, they're just there and so they're kind of weaponizing a word that they have no right to use. They're just using it as a way of getting attention.
Speaker 2: And I had a feeling that we're going to talk about this on the podcast this week because it come through and I was.
Speaker 1: Like, oh my god.
Speaker 2: And I can appreciate the irony in this sentence, but like, here's just another two white men with a podcast being like, ah, I can do this, I know, and it just it bores me. I'm like, get in the band, totally in the fucking bit. I totally agree with him.
Speaker 1: And they might even hear this because actually followed us on Instagram. Oh god, did they? Well, Hi, Matthew, No, don't be scared of him. No, No, I'm not scared of him, and I would, honestly like the more I think about it, the more i'm I feel like I'm I'm at an age and a place in my life now where I would happily say this kind of stuff to someone's face happily.
Speaker 2: It almost disappoints me that this sort of thing brings us outrage, and then we bloody give it air time. I know, recording a band, we're not listening to it, and we're not engaging.
Speaker 1: We're drawing a lot in the sand. We've spoken about it, and let's move let's move on to talk about GAYTV. So I was actually we've got two parts on this. Great.
Speaker 2: First of all, we need to do a quick recap because obviously last week we debuted the out the Gate the Gays Facebook group and oh my.
Speaker 1: God, is it fun. It's gone off. We have eighty members. My god, welcome. That is so exciting. It was like it was a flurry, a flurry flurry vacations. So if you haven't joined yet, then you have to.
Speaker 2: It is Facebook dot com, forward Slash groups forward Slash at the Gate. There's a lovely post on here where people are introducing themselves and kyoto to all the gates. It is so amazing to see you all are in person and sort of chatting amongst themselves, some great familiar faces that we see in our dms, And it's so nice that you get the chants to meet each other because that was the That was the dream, really, wasn't it. We've got some very very nice people. Special shout out to the conversation between Brooke and Ed about who was the first person to send us a dick back.
Speaker 1: I love love that Brooks said, I've the privilege of being the first to send it. It put to the out the gate boys Tommy Lee a couple of years back. Boy do I remember that pack?
Speaker 2: That was absolutely true. And then there's been a discussion from Ed who said I must be a close second. Then I suppose we just set the record straight. Ed would have actually been first because Ed is the old es and that was very much a clinical image, but Ed did he did help us we move very early in the podcast, and Kilda, for those that are you welcome man early in the podcast history we had a fascination or a strong interest in a Prince Albert? Yes, yeah, correct, how it worked? Could you do we's? Did you have your pee going everywhere?
Speaker 1: How did it go? And ed?
Speaker 2: Kilda did a great job at explaining the process.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, and I hope that he's here. I'm sure he'd be happy. I'm sure he would be us mentioning it.
Speaker 2: So it was very educational, very helped us through the process which she saw quite a few Prince Albert we.
Speaker 1: Did in the end. Yeah, there are some open to them. Absolutely. There are some really really nice messages in here as well, this one from Katrina. I've been a day one listener. The boys bring me so much joy and after it's blessed, that's so sweet. When I was learning how to breast pump after much birth and breath feeding trauma, my midwife told me to listen or watch something that made me feel happy and relaxed. So I listened to Out the Gate on repeat, night and day, and the milk started flowing. Yes, girl, do you know what do you know what. I love that we have been responsible for some healthy breast activity for all your lactation needs out the gates. I love it. Let's put that on the let's put that on the trailer. So anyway, come join the party. It's so nice to see there and get amongst like. Yes, will absolutely be super active, but it's a space for you guys to interact, to get to know each other. We love. We love when you drop into our dms on Instagram and show us like funny memes or send us videos or show us the new hot guy we should be following. We love that, particularly love that one. But that feels very like private and if that's the way you want to communicate with us, absolutely continue to do that. We love that. But also feel free to drop anything like that in the Facebook page so the other gators can get amongst it as well.
Speaker 2: We've already seen a great chair from one of our gators, so that's great, solid chair.
Speaker 1: I like to see those solid cheer.
Speaker 2: I throw a funny meme on the internet, definitely drop that in there. Absolutely, maybe send us a photo or put a pot out there if we're listening to the podcast. If you're an exercise that we would love to make sure that this goes global. So if I don't know, maybe this is some sort of spot prise. Yes, can be just making out something that we definitely can't deliver on. You look at a radio session, you'll be a price covered up here somewhere. I can't promise anything super exciting, but there'll be merch. There was some some I'll find something a CD.
Speaker 1: My CD is is the latest from Anastasia. I'm out Love.
Speaker 2: Free.
Speaker 1: She's going on a twin. She's going on a tour. That's why she popped into my mind because I've just writt an article before that She's going on a tour to celebrate twenty five years since that album. Sho'd be playing a smaller at the power stage. I have sidalone with the like purple glasses. Remember she definitely have to read the purple glasses.
Speaker 2: How she'd have to so deeply, absolutely have to. So I wanted to say, quick, you're onto the gators, Yes, you so much. I'd also now like to ask the Gators.
Speaker 1: For some help.
Speaker 2: I am what some would call on the biz time poor at the moment, and I'm seeing all of these ads around for this new show that's.
Speaker 1: On TV and Z Mary and George. I'm seeing the same thing.
Speaker 2: I so Matt and I discussing this is this our new show. He things a bit medieval and kind of fantasy side of things, So I feel like it might hit completely in the market for us.
Speaker 1: What I want to know and this needs and only get us out with us. I want to know how gay is it? Great?
Speaker 2: I want you, I want to I want you to give me the I want you to watch the first episode and I want to hear how gay it is. The billboards definitely have old Nicholas galazzy between him and Julian Moore, like with another man's face in it, so there has to be some gay in it.
Speaker 1: So the thing I'm thinking is one, all of the posters make it look super homornic. Two, it's got Nick Gallatine, who was in Red, White and Royal Blue. Yes, where he was the Prince the UK Prince fell in love with the President of the US's son. Yes, so very gay.
Speaker 2: Fun fact, I worked on a film with him in christ Church about ten years ago, called The Changeover. So I've actually met.
Speaker 1: Him and wow, he's a babe. He was quite young then, but it's still quite gay. And third thing I'd say about Mary and George to put it in the very gay camp is it's got fucking Julianne Moore on it. Yeah, she's definitely Akwayne. She's such a question. She's such a gay icon, like she's amazing. So all of all signs point two. But I'm with you. I want to know how gay it is.
Speaker 2: It Absolutely, I'll put it in. I will put it in the groups and people can comment on it. I'll do this, but I definitely need to know, and I need the Gates to help me with this one.
Speaker 1: Perfect because I'm in the I'm in the market for a good new TV show. I don't know if I'll be able to watch it off the grid. We might not have the right reception, but I'll put it. I'll put it on the list. Any to watch it illegally, but I'll put it on the list.
Speaker 2: Now I can act something this week that I put in the dock a few days ago because I saw it.
Speaker 1: And it just made me think of.
Speaker 2: You, Poka okay, and actually, to be fair, made me think of Brad too, And I wonder whether this is you know, we often talk about like different words and phrases that we need to know it is and this is not a sexy thing. This is actually this is a lovely kind of thing, like we really we've really taken to riz.
Speaker 1: Oh, yes, very much. Have you heard of pibbling?
Speaker 2: No, So pibbling is the idea of like sending memes and links and videos to your better half because it signals that you are thinking of them and you want to share your joy with.
Speaker 1: You might be a pibbler that I'm definitely a pibbler one hundred percent. Why is it called pibbling.
Speaker 2: So it's called pebbling because it's based off penguins. So actually what they would do, they would gift pebbles to their potential.
Speaker 1: I've definitely seen that. Yeah, So, my little pebbler, I'm in it's who you are. I'm a peopler. You're a bit of a pep like I think I'm a peopler. My partner is a pibbler. He's a beautiful pebbler. Yeah, it's a it's a sweet thing to do. Yeah, because it's very much like no matter what time of the day it is, it's very much a I've seen this thing. It's made me think of you. I'm going to share it to you because I hope that it makes you happy. Yeah, that's quite a sweet thing when you think about it. I've never really thought about it that deeply before.
Speaker 2: And they say in this in this post here, peopling is an active care. Every people is a bid for connection. That's adorable. So, Gator, is you a pebbler?
Speaker 1: Let us know? Yeah, let us know on Instagram or join the group, join the group, join the Facebook group. We'll see you there. Brad did not make it. No, I'm just going to double check the zoom. No, no, I'm going to close the chat. Close the chat. How probase it? Well, he will come back. Here's a live we do know that, and he will be back. We'll be back. And if he's not back next week, then I'll think about whether it it warrants a sea bomb drop, our second sea bomb drop ever. Now at least I've got this wildly wrong. We won't actually be here. Oh my god, yes, I'm away.
Speaker 2: So next week we're going to take a well deserve week off. We'll give bread and I have been, have been, We've been. Man in the fire pocket is going to be off.
Speaker 1: Gred, I'm off gred so I can't this is not I can't even join via zoom. No, and we wouldn't want that. They would defeat the purpose of that.
Speaker 2: And so if you slide in the group, were into the DMS pockets a SA we want to come back to you, but he will come back.
Speaker 1: I will, I absolutely will. And then it gives Bread a week to thingers Cross, so sort of ship out anyway. We love you Bread, We do love you Bread that we would love to see you, and we will take a week off and then we'll see you again in a couple of weeks. Bye.