Speaker 1: Live from the Export Beer Gudens Studio and brought to you by Export Ultra the Beer for Here. This is the Agenda Podcast for Monday, the twenty sixth of August.
Speaker 2: The Agenda Podcast, the home of Sporting Nonsense and clap Trap, brought to you by Next Sport a Vulture.
Speaker 3: Welcome back, Glane Ah. Great to be back, Great to be back, great to heavy back. Yeah, I was down in South Canterbury, actually beautiful part of the country.
Speaker 4: Pumped South Canterbury with a lot of my money. Yeah, so you know that's for the people of South Canterbury obviously.
Speaker 5: You know, we popped into the.
Speaker 4: Fairly bake House, had a cheese steak and mushroom pie.
Speaker 5: And a ward winner.
Speaker 3: They don't come much better than the Fairly Baked House. I'll tell you what.
Speaker 4: The Fairly bake House is potentially the biggest economic powerhouse of Fairly because nothing else was open, really and nothing no one else had a queue out the door.
Speaker 1: No, it would turn over more than all of the surrounding farms combined. I reckon yeap with way less overheads, I would not be surprised.
Speaker 5: And what I love.
Speaker 1: About the Fairly Baked House us which is a great place to go when you are feely baked. Is that they have not done anything to the layout of.
Speaker 4: The It's rural cafe, through and through the chairs, the tables, everything.
Speaker 1: Despite the fact that it is so popular there's always a queue out the door, they haven't done anything about their que They haven't put anywhere for you to stand, ropes or anything. If you've want to queue up in the fucking on the street, go for it.
Speaker 3: They don't. They don't care. And that's what I love about the Feely back House.
Speaker 1: It's not going to turn its back on who it is, and it's also not going to assume that that success is going to keep going because the moment they put all that stuff in, everyone had stuff going there.
Speaker 3: I reckon.
Speaker 4: It's just the range Rover packed at the back. Yeah, that's the only giveaway.
Speaker 3: That's the key. Yeah, yeah, that's the only give way.
Speaker 4: Plus, you know, I did a really real good tiki tour, was in Tekepo twice, all going that round hill.
Speaker 5: You know, just spent some more money up there.
Speaker 3: Now Dobson, you get to Dobbin. Dobbo was closed.
Speaker 4: Dobbo was suffering a little bit from the wind direction, and I was quite thankful to that because that would require chains. Yeah, and you know it's chains are one of those real demasculating things to trumput on chains and the freezing cold, wet and you watch the video. I remember watching the YouTube video and it was this young lady and she was going to see you do it, and I did notice a lot of jump cuts. She goes, he goes, you just threw that around there, bomp up the back and it's done.
Speaker 5: I'm like, no, no, no.
Speaker 4: And then I watched another one of a guy actually just with his mate filming and he's on his back under the car, covered in mud and shit, swearing a fucking James fuck. And that was much more on my level because I was like, ah see, that's that's more realistic.
Speaker 3: That's more realistic.
Speaker 1: So if you yell at your son for holding the phone wrong, then it'll get on a bit quicker. Jerry talked about this last week. He was saying that he his wife is an experts. She's just got a knack for being able to put chains on. That's hot, it is, but unfortunately everyone that drives past him just gives him the biggest evils or people who walk up to him like, are you just letting your wife like? He'll be in the passenger seat warming his hands.
Speaker 3: On the event. I did suggest that to my twelve year old son.
Speaker 4: I said, if you guys want to make some money, go out there and just get on pair overalls, some gloves.
Speaker 3: Just prepare to get completely covered.
Speaker 4: In mud, but become a ninja at putting on chains and charge people twenty bucks. I'll pay they've got money, I've got money, don't worry about that, and just be ninjas on the slopes.
Speaker 5: Plus, when you're a bit.
Speaker 3: Older, not a bad place to pick up. Oh no, I'm talking about you know, the car full of potential suitors coming up the mountain in Distress seventeen eighteen. Yeah, out of the mists comes Ralph Lane. Yeah, there's overalls between sixth and seventh form there. Yeah, he's he's sixty three probably by then, you know, he's like, you go, you guys need a hand with these chains.
Speaker 5: It's on the house.
Speaker 3: What do he goes up to later?
Speaker 4: Yeahs come down to and you know we're talking about we're talking all the dance. We're talking about this, not with the children, hobnously trying to relive our youth and what we should have done when we were younger. But that's going to be my goal before my son turned sixteen, that he is going to become a ninja.
Speaker 3: Well, you've going to figure out how to do it first. That's an issue too.
Speaker 4: I wasn't the I wasn't the driveway and Tekapo and if you were staying next to me, you would have heard me go.
Speaker 3: Fuck, how do you fuck?
Speaker 4: You get little cuts in your top of your fingers as well, and then it starts in the instruction.
Speaker 5: Anyway, I've actually did it.
Speaker 4: I've actually got there and put them on and then promptly took them off again and decided not to go up Dobson because it required chains.
Speaker 3: The locals would be like, fucking, here's another Auckland correct. I met a lot of great locals though. I met the lovely Josh from Mamaru.
Speaker 4: He was an o how Lodge with his with his new girlfriend go on, yeah, it was their second date. Was going up the mountain and going skiing. Powerful second day, yeah, I know, and the high What was more lotty was in him. What was more powerful was he came down the mountain to oh How Lodge he had a couple of beers with us. A couple of beers turned into about eight beers and he had to stay the night at oh How Lodge.
Speaker 3: Oh, and so did Lotti.
Speaker 4: So the second date was an overnighter in the Oha Lodge and was as peeled as Josh was not really.
Speaker 3: She went to bed early and Josh stayed up to the wee hours with us. So she went to bed and rung her beyss mate. It was just like right, so now we're having to stay here, Okay, he's wasted. She was from Belgium.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, she was a dairy farmer from Belgium working and got her first gag in the cargo and then got the second one in Omeroon.
Speaker 3: It's enough grade? Yeah? Does she go directly to Hell after that? Like? What's the trajectory there?
Speaker 4: Young twenty three year old thrusters were They were great fun. It was it was refreshing to see someone with little care about turning up to work the next day. Because that was a Sunday. Oh yeah, no, what was it? It was a it was a week weekday, that's right. It was a Wednesday or Thursday, right, yeah, so.
Speaker 1: What and he was going to drive back to Omaru presumably yea from Oh that's.
Speaker 3: Quite a quite a trick and a half or so, isn't it. Yeah, oh yeah, but I mean like before work. I suppose that's an average Auckland commute. No, No, that is quite a common thing. I've seen a few people do it at the Mythan Pub, the Brown Pub. I've seen the stay there overnight and then go to work and ash burt in the next day. You can have yourself a beautiful holiday down there in South Canterbury at the moment. Yeah, absolutely, we prefered them all the Blue Pup, You're a blue pub? Was there a band going at the Blue?
Speaker 4: It was? There was later on, but we'd skid out of by the d because we had to feed nine thousand kids.
Speaker 5: Anywhere we went. We were like it was like locusts so gone.
Speaker 4: Just anything that wasn't bolted down would be in their pocket, like hot chocolates, sugar sachets, just anything, anything to just keep them going. But the hot pools nice and Mythvine, No I haven't. I haven't tried out the hot pools and Mythvin yet. Very different experiences are hot pools and you have sessions, which is quite good. So you booked the three pm to five pm session and you get two hours, but it limits the numbers. And they've got a bombing pool and amongst it they've got like a it's only about the size of a spar pool, but it's two and a half meters deep, and then they have a platform and it's just like fill your boots. So basically all the dads and all the kids in an hour, just emptying that little bucket.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was mean, that's perfect.
Speaker 1: It's like, don't like, you know, because there's all always signs don't jump at the pool, don't die, blah blah blah, people are going to do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And also one of the other little kids, Freddy, was just running around around the pool and I was like, we you he goes.
Speaker 3: There's no sign saying you can't run. He running a round and around. I was like, oh, fair play, Yeah, you are still just as likely to slip over and track your hear there's no sign. So he was into it fair enough. So a good holiday down there in South king This was great. I love it. I had a great time down south Canerbury. They betrayed me over the week in South Caniby the rugby team. No they don't. They won but by too much.
Speaker 1: I took They were playing wided up a Bush who had a plus twenty five and a half hit start. I was like, that is a lot of points in a rugby union game. So I took that, and South Canibury thump them like sixty three to thirty or something.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I can't rely on the bush.
Speaker 1: You can't rely on the bush. You never have been able to, certainly not in twenty twenty four. And so my league missed. I believe another one of our tips as well. It was Smashing Eagle, one of our tips from the sports book on Friday, was the only one of our tips that we tipped out that missed the top four.
Speaker 3: And that's because it died. Yeah, look that happens from times to time.
Speaker 5: Time to time. Yeah, I just said enough heard.
Speaker 1: Attack out of the gate, and I'd like to assue an apology to the ownership group of Smashing Eagle, and of course to the horse itself as well. When you become part of the a SEC Sports Book, power by the tab, it can feel like you have the weight of the nation on your shoulders.
Speaker 3: Yea, And for some horses. That's too much.
Speaker 1: And unfortunately for our dear friends Smashing Eagle, it was a little bit too much on the weekend. And so I think that we need to be a little bit mindful about the power that we're exercising on that podcast.
Speaker 3: We need to take some responsibility, don't we. That's right?
Speaker 1: And you know again, I put twenty five and a half point hit start and wided up a bush.
Speaker 3: They got humped and they're lucky. They all made it out of life. I think Joe Jerry punted on your behalf and he bet on Canterbury to beat Auckland in the NPC and they did. Did they they did? Does that count as a win for you?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 3: I think it does. It's my punt, it's so I'm going to take it. So have you?
Speaker 5: Have you done? Run the numbers?
Speaker 3: Yeah? On who's archives three in a row? Now?
Speaker 1: So I think I'm well out in front at this point, But no, I haven't.
Speaker 3: I'm still waiting. I'm just praying that there's some train spot out there who wants to go back through and crunch the numbers. Otherwise I'm going to make Ella do it.
Speaker 1: The greatest news islander of all time we're in the second round.
Speaker 3: I know, I've seen some spicy match ups. The weekend was a blood bath.
Speaker 1: Over the weekend, Stacy Jones beat out Jason Gunn yep, which I thought. I honestly thought the weight of popular opinion was worth Jason Gunn because he was the only one of these people.
Speaker 3: Who's genuinely gotten involved.
Speaker 1: Stacy Jones was here for a press conference on Friday morning, and man Heath was like, geez, how do you manage to get Stacy in for the Greatest New Zealander of all time? It's like no, no, no, no, no, it's he had to announce the key with schedule, you know. Stace took out Jace. Dave Dobbin beat the med Butcher.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Not surprised here. Dave Dobbin's beloved, isn't it. Yeah he is.
Speaker 5: It's going to be hard to beat.
Speaker 3: Charles Upham also going to be hard to beat. He took out Bears. Yeah, there was a big one. I saw a couple of poles where Bears was in front, and I was like, I did think should have Bears actually beat Charles up?
Speaker 5: And that's going to be controversial.
Speaker 1: We're up over like a thousand votes on each social media platform.
Speaker 3: Now that's good for each and what's and what's the one? What's today today is quite ironic. We've got Lisa Carrington versus Pedals, Lisa v. Pedals. It's quite an ironic matchup, like what you did there. So look, I don't know. I think recency bias Lisa Carrington.
Speaker 4: I don't know, But then you've got the knowledge bias as well in terms of probably more cricket fans than there are kayaking fans. Are you gonna say she doesn't know much? No, majority of our it's probably into credit. Yeah, definitely, not so much peddling. No more paddles and peddling.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's right.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean we're not the AKC Alternative Kayaking Collective. So yeah, I don't know. That's one I think is I can't split it. I think it's going to be another one of those Facebook versus Instagram.
Speaker 4: Okay, well, I'm glad it's getting getting into the spicy rounds we've got. There's a lot of criticism going in that first round, but now it's settled down.
Speaker 3: No, No, the criticisms.
Speaker 1: Every single matchup, someone comments and says, this should be the final. That's how that's how we know we've got a good bracket on our hands, and also that they're getting more and more ridiculous. I think the four Square guys is going to have to face Charlie up and at some point, oh, you know.
Speaker 3: People are really gonna have to wreck their at is that Charlie versus Charlie?
Speaker 5: Is his name Charlie on for?
Speaker 3: I think it is, yeah, Battle of the Charlie's Bettle of the Chucks.
Speaker 1: All right, go on to Facebook or Instagram and have you say influence the comments if you can. We're going to take a quick break, come back and talk had all the sports that happened over the weekend. We'll start with and look, we'll address it more on the Mad Monday podcast. Stuff to Know Myself and Ben Hurly. But Shawn Johnson Stadium couldn't quite get it done in the last home game. But I went out there and it was a hell of an experience. It was packed out, like every game has been a sellout, but it's usually people rocking up, almost like after the whistle's blown, there's still people pulling up, But this was packed out from the get go.
Speaker 3: You would have seen on social media.
Speaker 1: There's a video of me trying to give him man a pie and he turned he turned his back on the pie, and I think that was his cardinal sin hit him in.
Speaker 3: The back of the head. So did he just get that clear?
Speaker 4: Because I just thought you were just throwing pies at people's heads. I mean, I'm just looking on the on the outside and I was just perusing social media and I thought, you saw you throw a four and twenty Traveler.
Speaker 3: Into the side of a fan's head. Yeah, as your.
Speaker 4: Excuse that he was supposed to be expecting it and turned his turned his back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my excuse is he asked for it. He When we down, we had fifty of these traveler piles from four and twenty and we opened the box and immediately people are like, oh shit when they heard that we're giving pies. I was like, can you just wait one second. I've got to film something to tell people that we've got these piles to come down and grab them.
Speaker 3: So I was like, just wait a second.
Speaker 1: I did my little spiel, ay, We've got fifty piles, come down and grab one.
Speaker 3: Just let this guy hear.
Speaker 1: And then I went to tap and pass it to him by this stage, he turned his back, so it just whistled into the back of his head, and it was going so fast that it hit him in the back of the head and then bounced over his head. As mate caught it, they all erupted in celebration. Someone hugged them, and as they hugged them, the pie exploded all over the guy's puffer. Vest I saw that photo too, because I was like, because part of me, it's very hard to put that together, that story together, or a series of photos video.
Speaker 3: And then the next photo was pile over his.
Speaker 4: Puffa and like, how the fuck did he get it from the back of his head to his puffa?
Speaker 1: Different guy, Yeah, different guy, And so yeah, he had a steaming hot a nuclear four and twenty pie greased just all up his puffaj And if you're going to get a pie gravy all over your jacket, might as well be a four and twenty. But they did not last long. Man, people were excited. They would have been. There was this one guy who came into his family and he was just like we genuinely just walked in and we're like, right, let's go and find the four and twenty pies and we'll go and buy one of those first order of business.
Speaker 3: And then I was like, well have it. I just give you some. Yeah, they couldn't believe it.
Speaker 5: Excellent.
Speaker 1: So the game itself is a little bit disappointing, and I think from the get go, like Shawn Johnson dropped it with his first touch of the ball, emotions were just so high. But like I said, men, men early will break that that one down.
Speaker 5: Can I mention what you sent to me?
Speaker 3: What listen to you?
Speaker 4: It's passing down with rain here dogs thirteen plus and you know what I did and I won?
Speaker 3: Yeah, look treeson us.
Speaker 4: But you know I was in South Canterbury. I was dodge to do and just punt on the Warriors leading thirteen plus.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a right. It's happy as insurance.
Speaker 1: Like I would say, I don't bit on or against the Warriors because I'm too emotionally invested. But as soon as I saw the rain and it was passing down too, I was like, yeah, she's all over here, Lydia Coe one another bloody golf tournament. She's doing it for fun these days, isn't she?
Speaker 3: Oh? How good? So good?
Speaker 5: She was in third place. I think within the came out to the final round.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then I think even right towards the end, she booted the eighteenth and then Nellie Carter dropped the shot. I think whoever it was in third place dropped like two and all of a sudden, our girls winning by two strokes.
Speaker 5: Ice in her veins these days.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's it's like, I think, the point of your career, because you know, you said she's going to retire at thirty.
Speaker 3: Or yeah, shit, that's what she said. Yeah, it's like it's like she's got no choe if I want to win Hall of Famer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, totally, it's almost and the confidence and also how freaking cold does it look in Scotland. It's it's it's still technically summer. It's August, June, July, August.
Speaker 3: We're in summer. Still, it's not that's not autumn. She's got ear muffs.
Speaker 1: Apparently, Yeah, the ear muffs. Man, like, if you know you're about to win, be in the air muffs. You don't want that memory for there is still.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I quite like that. Did you like that? I always say you could block everything out? I quite liked it. Maybe I'm he's just siptible to getting COLDI is oh mae, it looks well. Apparently the wind was the biggest factor. It was windows hell.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so funny that that's where golf came from, not like some beautiful pastor like mongolia would make sense.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but they like the rumor is that it's eighteen shots of whiskey in a bottle.
Speaker 5: That's why I keep yourself warm.
Speaker 3: You're just taken ohcking.
Speaker 5: Nips of whiskey the whole time.
Speaker 1: It's so fucking cold. Well, they didn't have enough back then, did they say they would have had to anyway? So that was the well they're just calling it the Open.
Speaker 3: That's when at St.
Speaker 1: Andrew's and last I mean what in August she obviously won the gold medal, qualified her for the Hall of Fame, youngest ever.
Speaker 3: To do it, and double down and go and you just ship your them in the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 1: Golf seems to be one of those sports that's like you go on a run. You know, dudes, it was John Raham recently, it's Schiffler at the moment and dudes just go through Jordan's speA.
Speaker 5: Remember in speaed one like four in a.
Speaker 3: Row, Yeah, it seemed like four and they go through yeah, even Brooks Kipka, and then they go through these runs and then they drop off. And I don't know what it is.
Speaker 1: I don't know what to put it down to, but it does seem like once it's you, yeah, you're on yeah, and right now it's Ldia co. Why wouldn't you retire by the time you thirty years? She won two point eight mel for this, so how much has she won over her career? Plus apparently a hubby's doing all right for himself too, So it's not a financial thing.
Speaker 3: She's already a Hall of Famer.
Speaker 4: But if it's not a financial thing, just why not go into word playing golf?
Speaker 1: Well, because she's also achieved everything. Yes, you know what I mean. I don't know what she's got left to do. She's clocked it a company.
Speaker 3: Other sport? What other sports should be good at? Cricket? Yeah?
Speaker 5: True? Look great hand eye.
Speaker 1: Didn't Ash Barty pick up a golf club when she stopped playing tennis?
Speaker 3: She did?
Speaker 1: Maybe Lydia Cooca play tennis. There you go her and lulusaan SVG to the Motorsports Desk.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: SVG has been confirmed to be a full time driver on NASCAR for twenty twenty five.
Speaker 3: He's faias that murger Man. I don't know his name.
Speaker 1: All I know is he's faious and it got me thinking. You know, my relationship with motor games as well documented on this podcast. Not a fan of them, but I think if there was ever one that I could get behind, it would be NASCAR because it's just all of the off field stuff just seems so obviously. There's the whole Talladagga nights of it all and all that kind of stuff. And look, I know, my main complaint about motor games is that it's boring. No one ever gets overtaken on the tracks, and arguably NASCAR is the most boring of those. But you know, I mean, no one's getting overtaken in Formula One either.
Speaker 3: Oh it's a lie. Leonard Norris won one on the weekend. Well didn't he start from pole position? Yeah, but he's.
Speaker 4: Beaten Van strap On, he beat Ben strap On, right, but no one got overtaken.
Speaker 1: Very cool anyway, NASCAR twenty twenty five. We in the office have been kicking the football around about what we're going to do with next year's beer garden to it. Oh yeah, we haven't made a decision yet. I don't even know if it's out decision to make, but I've done some research. Yes, Talladega is on sixth of October this year, so it'll be about then next year. It is right in our wheelhouse.
Speaker 3: For sporting events, Talladega Knights.
Speaker 1: Let's do Talladega Knights over there in Talladega. We can watch SVG compete in his first Talladega Nights. Oh yeah, the next export be a garden tour of Talladega.
Speaker 4: So do you think Americans get dressed up as Ricky Bobby and go to Talladega.
Speaker 3: Definitely there'd be something.
Speaker 4: There'd be some of them, because I'm picturing will turn up twenty of us dressed as Ricky Bobby and they'll look and we'll have the shit beating out.
Speaker 3: Of us, like our culture is not your costume. That's cultural appropriation. We hate that movie, that movie and just beat the crap out of it. That movie set us back.
Speaker 1: Well, look if Stephen mccavay can go to Bathurst and the salmon shirt and loafers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but he didn't survive though, did He didn't hardly survive.
Speaker 5: He came out. He came just came out.
Speaker 1: Of that, then we can go addressed as Ricky Bobby. I reckon Talladaga Knights. It's right now, wheelhouse right there. You can try and convert me to motor games.
Speaker 4: How do they even accommodate all those people there, because don't they have like it's hundreds of thousand, two hundred thousand people there, like yea, is it a big camp site? Jesus meagine that a trailer park.
Speaker 3: I would imagine homes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Oh, there'd be a tailgate beforehand. Oh, wouldn't that be an experience, a cultural experience.
Speaker 3: Got to Talladaga Nights.
Speaker 5: Jeez, where's Talladega anyway?
Speaker 3: I want to say America had to guess. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Speaking of America, there's another segue for those who playing at home the America's Cup. We are competing in the preliminary regatta, competing. We're in it, so for those of you not familiar with it, we don't have to be in it because we whoever wins that regatta. I think there's another regatta than the winner of that competes against us.
Speaker 3: Yes, for the America's Cup. Yeah, so this is a preliminary one, and then there's the Louis Vuitton. Yeah, in the Louis Vuitton, who wins that goes in races in the final. I guess he's against that, so we're in regardless. Yeah, but I think we're looking for a bit of match practice.
Speaker 1: Match practice, also getting use of the conditions. Yeah, because it's you know, we've had to take it over to Barcelona, so we don't have a home field advantage. But also more than that, because I initially saw this as like what's the point? But more than all of that, we need to try and win this to demoralize them because presumably that knocks someone else out from competing.
Speaker 3: Well, they not.
Speaker 4: What it does is it's also mass they're doing. What they're doing is sandbagging. So over the weekend three of them pulled out of the New Zealand race. So first one I went, oh, it's something wrong with the computer. A second one a very unusual splash down at the start from any of Britannia. And then the third the French were like, eh, why I got something wrong.
Speaker 3: With the boat?
Speaker 1: And it's because is it because they've got some tactic strategies or this is.
Speaker 4: The rumor is they don't want to give New Zealand an advantage. So this is the rumor, this is this is whisperings. Yeah, that they're sandbagging because they don't want to give news on any advantage and all the challenges have come together and go fact, those guys don't give them anything.
Speaker 3: Well, the advantages we're going to be in the final whether they want us to be or not. I know.
Speaker 4: So they want the least amount of advantage, So be interesting to see how it all goes. And you know what, my key effector for it is pretty minimal.
Speaker 3: It happens in the middle of the night. I don't care you. But when we get into the America's capines.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe I will, but what's but what's maybe? You know, I probably will get into it.
Speaker 3: But then part of me is like fucking Graham whatever his name is, Dalton, he's going to take it to Dubai after this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like they guaranteed if we defend it in Barcelona's are coming back to Walkland. They haven't said that. They haven't said that. That's I say that my key effect has gone even smaller. I don't but they're not cool as ship give you that. The boats look mean. But unless it's there in New Zealand.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't care.
Speaker 1: It's like even cricket doesn't travel that well. If it's in the middle of the night, you won't really watch it. Now, sailing has to be out your fucking window, to be honest.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think so. It's fact it's in Barcelona. In fact, they've taken it away for the money and the money only, and they said they are the only reason we could put team together is we took it over there.
Speaker 3: I'm like, yeah, whatever, keep telling yourself that.
Speaker 1: But but you couldn't have done it an Aussie, you know, somewhere closer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know. Yeah, they just gave it to the highest better. But if they give it to the highest bit of they would have gone to jitter, it would have gone to saudist something.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but that's my fear for the next one is we'll win it, we'll be all happy, we'll put a parade.
Speaker 5: On, and then it'll go somewhere else.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm ambivalent. I don't know. I don't know how to feel about it. Nah. Yeah, Joe Jerry did propose this morning that we put an embargo on the America's Cup just don't talk about it on the agenda at all.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't think we have to till the actual final. I don't really care who we race against.
Speaker 3: We'll park it there then.
Speaker 1: But speaking of racing, have you seen the Australians sixteen year old is sitting records a flame over there. His name is gout gout, gout gout yep, not a name that you would think is conducive to running fast. Go o u T g o u T Yeah, gout gout. He is an Australian sixteen year old. He has run a ten point two over one hundred meters, which is fucking quirk. Yeah, for a sixteen year old like that is I don't think that'll be far off what man Noah Lyles ran in one hundred meters and I watched the footage.
Speaker 3: Of it as well.
Speaker 1: He is he's sixteen, he's sixteen, yeah, and he's like twenty meters ahead of everyone else when he finished.
Speaker 3: That is outrageous.
Speaker 5: I hope he doesn't get gout.
Speaker 1: Well, this is the isshue. They were saying they were comparing his speeds. The only other person who was as fast as he was is when they were his age was you could guess Husain Bolt, that's right. What I found bizarre about the sprints at the Olympics was that in one hundred years we've only taken a second off the time, and they put that down to the tracks and the shoes better. There's probably enough, you know, for that one second, but humans aren't any faster. Have we just reached I also watched the high jump from like the eighties. They were jumping the same height. Have the drugs got better? Well, obviously not by enough, because they've only taken taken a second off.
Speaker 4: I've speaking of which Netflix have got an untold Hall of Shame docco and it's on Balco, the Balco, the guy who was giving all the drugs to Marion Jones, to guy is it to Montgomery, Barry Bonds, all the all the emailb players. It's really interesting. It's a very interesting doco if you want to go and watch that. He basically invented a.
Speaker 3: New drug that was untestable and testable, called.
Speaker 4: It clean, and he turned it He called it clean. Yeah, it was called clean, and they've tested positive for clean and it turns on a clean bottle just under the tongue and also a cream that was full of steroids you'd rub on your skin on the outside. It's really you should watch it, so it delves into the whole Barry Bonds maguire. Remember that couple of years where everyone was heading Basquilian home runs.
Speaker 1: Mate, go and watch the NBA from the early two thousands. Those dase look like bodybuilders. Yeah, it's all the testing protocols, but it's called Untold Hall of Shame on Netflix. Give that, I give that a home.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I abuse the sports documentaries over the weekend as a bachelor got into the old Is there right a sun new one?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yep as well.
Speaker 1: God, being a cage fighter is one of the most intense jobs that you could ever have, so feastal famine.
Speaker 3: You might dedicate your entire life to it.
Speaker 1: Finally hit the big time, get knocked out four times and then that's your career. Sure, and you can't remember your house keys? Are is it worth it?
Speaker 3: And also your knockouts are all over YouTube forever? Oh yeah, no, anyone can look up. You're getting knocked out in you're andy some in front of hundreds of thousands of people. Yeah that's brutal, but ye gack out shout out to them Australians sixteen year old run ten point two. He could be the next USand Belt. I don't know.
Speaker 1: We didn't take a quick break when we come back. A little bit of yours please.
Speaker 2: Yours please, brought to you by Leader Home of the Top.
Speaker 3: Just a couple to get through. First call here, yours please?
Speaker 5: You get it?
Speaker 6: Mary a long time, first time just on Heath talking about not allowed to wear the middle in this you want it the Stanley cap apparently if you touch it without having won it, you won't win it. So and I will never win a gold medal like Mikayla Blyde by Camilton.
Speaker 3: Hey.
Speaker 1: I so last week we had the photo shot for Game or two halves and Mikayla Blide just there. She brought a gold medal with h as she is wont to do and I put it around my neck and Heath was like, oh, that's some sort of.
Speaker 3: Curse which I had never heard of.
Speaker 5: Bullshit.
Speaker 3: Kiss Yeah.
Speaker 5: And also you're never gonna win a gold medal?
Speaker 3: Well not now?
Speaker 4: No, well, I guess we'll never know, Like no, we know, well, we know now. But I can't even compete in the woman's under forty nine kg. You know, we don't know. Well, the thing is, we'll never know. That's a made up curse. That's that's Heath Eith is going around firing curses off just as a smoke screen for his pen and wa curse, that's what he's doing.
Speaker 1: They've been pretty quiet lately. Oh yeah, they've been real quiet lately. I wonder if they're going to disband next year. Oh yeah, imagine they will. But yeah, I think he was desperately looking for any kind of curse to try and transfer onto me. I'm just gutted at that scene in my Olympic dream because up until now, you know, anything was possible, and now I've just found out that I'll never win an Olympic gold, just by the fact that MICHAELA. Blood told me that I did win an Olympic gold because that is New Zealand's gold.
Speaker 5: Oh it's nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's nice of it. I know. That's what I was saying to Heath, like that, did you amorously? God? No, fuck no, her arms. She's jacked that photo.
Speaker 4: I was like, because she picked you up like the old mot warrior and tossing across the room.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, thankfully it was a toss up between her wearing that song little Me, so I'm glad that she ended up with that, and then I got the blazer.
Speaker 3: All right, one last one before we knock this one in the head. Call of yours please?
Speaker 7: Good o fellas, just out walking the dog again. How good's this week been with g Lane? Some good conversation, Jeremy Wells, God he knows his credit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, fuck g Lanehowlane, it's good to be back. That's good to have you back as well. Okay, that's coming through.
Speaker 1: I reckon we knock this thing on the head before g Lane just starts wrapping this place to bits. That'll do us for today's episode. We'll be back tomorrow for a Tuesday episode of The Gender Podcast.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to The ACC's a gender podcast brought to you by Export Ultra. For more episodes, like and follow on iHeartRadio you get your podcast