Speaker 1: Out of the gate with Maddie McLean, Chris Henry and Brad Christensen. No, baby, Hi, back baby, back in the studio. Boys, Oh this feels good. We had to say to Brady to put his headphones on and do headphones now that you're not here, now that you're not down the line coming to us, looking on that screen over there, hanging out at Don's, leaning back on your bed, telling her be quiet, be quiet. Yeah, all fucking up the time zones being state side. I hear.
Speaker 2: It was not didn't just impact on us, that impacted on on your prints.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a bit just a fuck up in general.
Speaker 2: Really, So so how does that happen?
Speaker 3: Well, I said I'm flying I leave New York on to him, Yeah, which means I thought he would have done the maths. But when I had message you boys say you and I'm going to be back next week, I calculated that I would be back on Tuesday morning, not Wednesday.
Speaker 4: Right, So, like math is not my strong point.
Speaker 2: He told me, and I don't want to start a relationship drama.
Speaker 3: Well he's away, so you know I've got an I've got like six weeks for that.
Speaker 2: He told me that you told him you would be back in New Zealand on Monday and not flying out.
Speaker 4: I'm not going to split he is on this or Diana hell over it.
Speaker 1: So but I want to know who's who's wrong.
Speaker 3: I'm definitely not wrong, definitely not wrong. And and all I've got to say is starting a funk at all.
Speaker 1: It's because you've got the talking stick and he's got no right of reply. I can I can feel him screaming down his headones.
Speaker 3: The right of reply will be Wednesday afternoon, Wednesday evening when we touch base.
Speaker 1: You'll be like you bloody ship. You know you're not telling the truth.
Speaker 2: This is the beauty of having a husband who does not listen to the podcast.
Speaker 1: Very true, very true. And your favorite one in our household is just when we want to see something in front of someone, others say we'll talk about this in the car.
Speaker 5: I just say, I just say away away to be fear you never And I know these couples.
Speaker 2: You never want to be those couples. They air their dirty laundry in front of everyone. No, no, no, no no, it's so awkward, so awkward.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean to be honest, I think you and your travel timings near the end once you'd made a couple of mistakes. I think you were just throwing out random days. But did you see to us at a chat at one point, all right, we're back on Thursday.
Speaker 4: I was like, what's even?
Speaker 3: But I thought Thursday was we were kept going to the Lord of the Rings I just had.
Speaker 1: And that was Tuesday. Oh, it was just it was anyway if.
Speaker 2: You were maintaining you were right, But there was there were a lot of like there were.
Speaker 1: A lot of balls in the air, like you were throwing out a lot of ship.
Speaker 4: There's only two things.
Speaker 3: It was like me returning to the podcast state, I'm just watch other one.
Speaker 1: I'm just not convinced that you knew which way was up.
Speaker 3: No, I didn't for a little bit, but there but I know, I said, I'm leaving the States on Monday, and my my, my calculations to get back. I thought it was choose like a day, not two days.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean. I mean the international traveler gets everyone.
Speaker 3: Was such an international traveler had a great time. So we're in Washington, d C. For five days with major events. Auckland and we had the ambassador to Washington with us as part of our team we're bidding for to host the twenty thirty World Gay Game, that Gay Game. Sorry, So yeah, we're going through that motion at the moment. So there was a lot of gays around.
Speaker 1: In Washington. Yeah. How many other countries bid for the Gay Games?
Speaker 4: There were seven in total? Oh yeah, yep.
Speaker 3: So and I won't go into details because it's there's some information that's high level and I don't want to compromise our position and that that process.
Speaker 1: Can you talk about how it went though from your point of view?
Speaker 3: From my point of view, I think we did really really well wrong patch.
Speaker 1: I think it was a very strong pitch to have a PowerPoint presentation. What do you do? We had a PowerPoint, we had an r HP.
Speaker 4: Was I was it was?
Speaker 3: It was really well done, professionally done and just a great team to travel with and work with Fantastics So fingers and toest Cross for the announcement.
Speaker 4: When will we know?
Speaker 3: We'll find out if we get kind of to the next phase in early December.
Speaker 1: So you've gone through what boot camp and now you find out you're going.
Speaker 3: To judges houses houses and then show that's exactly the format.
Speaker 2: And then Leona Lewis on the stage with the fireworks on the winner.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, but you know, measure recording contracts go on some games again. But I mean, if we're successful, you know up to you know, maybe between seven and twelve thousand gays at in Auckland. So really, I mean you're doing the Lord's work on a few different levels. Obviously this is great for the cultural enrichment of our country, all of that sort of stuff that's going on. But you could be responsible for an absolute summer of debauchery and great times for the gays of Auckland.
Speaker 4: Oh look they call me Santa Claus. My bags are full and I want to deliver. Slipping your sack and be like you go.
Speaker 1: You can have the Brazilians, you have the French, that's all right.
Speaker 4: Rudolph's noses read and really to.
Speaker 2: Go hopefully not too red. No, you want to get that, you want to get that scene. I want to I might need to get I mean, if we are successful, I might need to get old sexual health news chasy McLain to Aukland, just to be on hand.
Speaker 4: Just to give it, give a bit of a prep talk, of a pep talk.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe it's so very exciting though, and very cool, like I know we take the purse and all that sort of stuff, but you do do such amazing mate for our community, and for that, I thank you truly. What the fuck do I do you? Yeah? Are you we're a gay that when a national television show twice thank you.
Speaker 2: I've done a lot as exposure the Gay Games, the GGS. So the next one's twenty twenty six in valinth Olynthia.
Speaker 1: But Valencia, Valencia, Valencia in Spain.
Speaker 2: So Ryan's began to a swimming at the moment, and someone said to him, you should go to the Gay Game and compare heat in Spain.
Speaker 1: And then so then we.
Speaker 2: Were like, well we started to look it up, right, and he was looking at the times, the times from the last Gay Games for the events he might compete in. Yeah, and he was like the time I'm setting at the moment, I would have won goal. And then we thought, what about half marathon because I just ran the half marathon Auckland.
Speaker 1: I would have got I would have silver, I would have silvered on the podium.
Speaker 4: Well, it sounds like a team trip.
Speaker 1: Fuck field days are going to the Gay Games in Valencia. In the old days, We're going to Spain.
Speaker 3: Boys, get right off, and let's let's think about some individual maybe team sport as well. Like, honestly, it's such a cool organization and a cool event to your two.
Speaker 2: May I remind you, May I remind you?
Speaker 1: Boys? We had a team ready.
Speaker 2: To play bowls at the Rainbow Games, no, no more than five killer meters from our house, and we couldn't even do that.
Speaker 4: So that was whose fault was that?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 4: Everywhere everyone we need to take all take responsibility.
Speaker 2: But I think were you were you about to place blame solely on one?
Speaker 1: I wasn't sure.
Speaker 4: I wasn't sure how it played that. I couldn't remember.
Speaker 1: I do think went to the Gay Games and ate some great saving.
Speaker 2: Everyone puts for some reason, for whatever reason, everyone had a reason for having.
Speaker 3: I was I was like preoccupied, busy doing work organizing.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, I will fo this one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, anyway, Valencia twenty twenty six, I mean awesome.
Speaker 1: Look they're going through a hard time.
Speaker 3: They've had, you know, natural disasters pudding this year, but they'll read, they'll they'll be ready for twenty.
Speaker 1: Twenty were they're there in there like little sashas really like welcome the next wave of homosexuals or was it not quite like I was.
Speaker 4: It was a little bit like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's some pomp and ceremony that went on, was an upcoming games, so you know, very very cool. And then obviously a few five or six days in New York City.
Speaker 1: So now going back to the timeline, were you had you flown.
Speaker 4: Back just before the election, like the day before the election?
Speaker 3: I actually, so here we go, just to get it, just to set the straight. I left the United States of America on Monday, the fourth of November. There the day the time, the day before the election.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Wow, So I mean it's not really a regional report. What's the international report of how are people on the ground? Because I know that. I mean I've obviously I come from a very privileged perspective, so perhaps my once it's whatever it's happened in the world with the election, it's terrible and chat. But I've sort of kind of maybe selfishly moved myself past that. But what was the feeling on the grounds, like did it feel like that was what was going to happen?
Speaker 3: I mean, there's not like you know, in New Zealand, we've got you hoardings up and Bill boards and all that sort of stuff. Was that it happened to be in New York when Donald Trump had his rally at Medisine Square Garden. Yeah, but that's New York and has directly New Yorkians, New Yorkers, New Yorkers New York hate Donald Trump, so you know like it, you know, but he's still as Donald Trump. But he still wanted, didn't he He's still I don't want he didn't want New York. No, but yeah, it was I don't know. It just wasn't like you'd look on the news and you'd see see but some bobs.
Speaker 4: And unfortunately we left Washington.
Speaker 3: D C the day before the Harris the Harris kind of rally as well, so that that would have been called to get to. But on the ground, even in d C, it was very low key, like I didn't you know, Uber drivers talked about it, which was awkward because I didn't really want to talk about it. But you have the sense was an election. I think at post election result a few messages come through, some from some new acquaintances on the gay games, like how how do you move to New Zealand?
Speaker 2: I think that happens every time, doesn't like Google searchers for that just skyrocket.
Speaker 4: What about the ultimate out the gating.
Speaker 1: Maybe we could get those people to get in touch with us and we could match make them a Kiwi husband and then they could move here and they could get married, and then that's how it would work. Love it love the thought of that. So if you listen, because I'm sure you've done some great grassroots pr in America about the past so much. Yeah, maybe if you're listening and you're a new Gator, maybe you can get in touch and then we'll put you in touch with sort of about og gators and see if we can, I don't know, get a little marriage together. Look if nothing else and nudes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like essentually it's the hopeless romantic that I am. The idea of matchmaking has always been like high on my agenda.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I love the thought of piecing two people, putting two people together and then just watching love bloom.
Speaker 1: So I'm here for it. It's called docking. Is it docking?
Speaker 4: I think it's called clucking.
Speaker 1: Clucking.
Speaker 4: That's where you get the chair so you can watch the blue happened?
Speaker 1: Did I tell you?
Speaker 2: Ryan suggested that we get rid of the cheer, so he's listened. No, no, just reason because we do have the cheer famously, and and he was like, it's taking up too much space. I think we should just get rid of it. And I was like, we cannot.
Speaker 1: We cannot get rid of the cheer. That's where I put my laundry.
Speaker 4: Where else would I say?
Speaker 1: That reason? And that reason only the cheer stays.
Speaker 4: I'm pleased. I please at the.
Speaker 1: Podcast is allowed. That cheer to stay makes me feel it must.
Speaker 4: The people have spoken.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so God, you've been busy. How are you?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I am also busy. I think it just came down to Christmas. But I'm down with it. I'm just I'm just rolling with it. We've got some friends and the beautiful babies staying at the moment, which is so nice.
Speaker 4: I feel like I'm flatting again.
Speaker 1: Like come home and someone's got dinner, and it's very hard not to have a drink during the week. We get home and it's sunny.
Speaker 4: Oh go on.
Speaker 1: Summers here, boys, Yeah, which is summers here, which has been lovely. So I had a wonderful weekend. It's Matt's birthday tomorrow, Happy birthday.
Speaker 4: Birthday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thirty seven, like tiny, like are we baby?
Speaker 2: Well, hello, no mine thirty three ryans Oh years of course.
Speaker 1: I think you met your own age and I was like, oh, I don't know whether we get a gender that's one that way.
Speaker 4: Thirty three three.
Speaker 1: So we went and had a little pre celebration because it's been a mockey going on this week. So went out for a lovely drink and some dinner and it was really nice, amazing. Yeah, I mean, how was your week? How's your week been good?
Speaker 2: I had a thirtieth on Saturday that I went to, which was very fun, the funny story and the lead up to the event, though, I was like, I can't I can't find any details about this event, like where it is or what time it is or anything. And then I messaged a friend of mine and I was like, where is this party?
Speaker 1: And then he was like have you know not?
Speaker 2: He's like, all the details are on the Facebook event. I was like, I can't find the Facebook.
Speaker 1: Event and then he went ahead a look and he was like, oh, you're not invited. Now.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 2: My friend said absolute like mishap, just a you know, very innocent mistake.
Speaker 1: But do you still Like? I was like do I am? I? Should I be pity here and not turned up to the thirtieth. I turned up because I'm desperate.
Speaker 4: Do you make a saying about it?
Speaker 1: When you got this? Reminded him about it.
Speaker 2: I literally walked in commandeered his thirtieth by saying to him very loudly, now is it okay that I'm here?
Speaker 1: Am I allowed to be here? A love that I would have?
Speaker 2: So the thirtieth was was very fun and then shall we just get into my I might as well start my contribution to the dark because on Sunday to do it, I joined the Armadillos.
Speaker 1: Oh tell us who the Armadillos are.
Speaker 2: Again the gay tennis team social tennis team here in Aucklord, and.
Speaker 1: They are absolutely flourishing. According to the Internet. Anyone who's anyone seems to be down there with a red couple of balls and a racket in their hands.
Speaker 2: What so I had to send out a desparate message in the group chair on Sunday because you know me, bold plans, woefully disorganized.
Speaker 1: He puts in the group chair he was I'm gonna go to the Armagello's a nice and I had propped in the group chat.
Speaker 4: Did you have a tennis record?
Speaker 1: And he's like, yeah, even got a tennis record. So two things. One.
Speaker 2: First of all, Bray Christensen came to my aid and had a tennis record for me, so thank you very much welcome. I turned out to pick it up and he was doing his gardening.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, and the slides when the slides haven't come off. I see you wearing slides and.
Speaker 3: Socks in between seasons.
Speaker 2: So thank you for the lend of the racket. But I did turn up, and this is a little PSA for anyone who would.
Speaker 1: Like to potentially give them dollars to go. If you're listening, they do have spare rackets there.
Speaker 4: Good to hear.
Speaker 2: I don't know, and I don't think it's an endless supply, so don't expect it. But I'm sure if you turn up or you didn't have a racket, that'll take care of you.
Speaker 1: It'd be fine. Plus the way they do it is, first of all.
Speaker 6: It's very long, three hours okay, three hours of tennis on a Sunday, but they do it in They you have like a little head around just for fun to start with, and then they do like a round robin game.
Speaker 2: Sessions, so twenty minutes per game on a bunch of different courts. But there's more players than there are spaces on the court, right, So you would sit out for a couple of games, so there would be someone that wasn't playing and.
Speaker 4: Will be able to lend you.
Speaker 2: You know, what I'm saying is if you don't have a racket, don't let that like perturb you from turning up. So I went, and what I should have reminded myself is one famously competitive. Two don't like not being good at something immediately. But three me and ball sports not friends. I'm not freaking.
Speaker 1: I think homosexual as well. I expect present company includers. I think hand eye coordination just not one of the gates.
Speaker 4: Really, is it?
Speaker 1: Not like I don't know you got you? You got a hand eye coordination?
Speaker 3: Pretty, I'm pretty good, terrible, I'm pretty good universally.
Speaker 1: I was so bad at my friends got to the habit to throw the keys at me so I could practice catching, and I got a.
Speaker 4: Bit better keys in the ball missing the ball with the key.
Speaker 1: Well, well, so here's what we here's what we know.
Speaker 2: Remember I told you the story about when I start played tried playing rugby when I was younger, and Mum found me making a daisy chain out of the goal posts. I tried basketball at one point. Not good, not good. I went because it was the maybe it was like fourteen, and it was the year that you know, there's fads, and the fad that year was that everyone was going to play basketball, the guys and the girls, and they had mostly mixed teams. So I was like, this is fine because I can go and play with my gows and just have a little bit of fun. I got put into one of two all my all boy teams. So first of all, that was out. I wasn't playing with my friends, I was playing with the boys. And second, shit, I was terrible, So I sat on the sideline most of the season.
Speaker 1: Awful.
Speaker 2: Coach would not put me in and for good reason. It was terrible, right, so I should have remembered and.
Speaker 4: Had a foul attitude about it.
Speaker 1: So I went along. Wait did they foul? Right? Good? Very good, funny.
Speaker 4: I was just not good. I was not good, so they or basketball?
Speaker 2: Well, basketball, But I'm talking now now I've now we've come back from when we're at the tennis.
Speaker 1: I was just not good.
Speaker 2: And here's what here's what I'll say it really actually got them without like getting too serious at the start of the podcast. It brought back a lot of like a lot of childhood.
Speaker 1: Trauma for me.
Speaker 4: I almost feel it in your.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and this is absolutely nothing to do with anyone else there.
Speaker 1: I cannot stress this enough.
Speaker 2: Everyone that was there tour person was so lovely and so welcoming and really encouraging. But I just constantly felt like I needed to apologize for my efforts because I was just so share I just keep feeling like I was a burden, like getting in the wave people being able to actually play a game. If I was partnered up with someone, I'd feel so guilty about fucking it up. Yeah, I just it was just awful, and I it was this weird like flood of like feeling that I just remember so vividly from being a kid and not being good at this stuff and feeling really like isolated from that environment. So it was it was weird because on the one hand it was such a different experience and that I felt so like loved and welcomed by everyone, but the feelings.
Speaker 1: Were still the same.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I need to fucking get over that, because I really the thing is I really enjoy playing tennis and I want to get better and the only way you're going to get better is if you keep playing, right, So I just need to try and figure out how to let go of that feeling because it was it was weird.
Speaker 1: It was such a weird like, yeah.
Speaker 3: I think the more you go and the more you do it, hopefully that feeling subsides, because that's what the Armadillos and other gay and inclusive clubs are there to do, as to build up your confidence, and that's what some skill level.
Speaker 2: So that's what someone said to me, because I said to them, I was like, oh my god, I'm getting so much like high school PTSD right now. And he was like, we are all here trying to shed the trauma of being a like, oh an a closeted gay kid at school who didn't feel like they could play sports, and it was just yeah.
Speaker 1: So it was a reminder that like, so many.
Speaker 2: People are on that journey who are trying to do these things, and man, I give them props. Like we've talked about it already on this podcast about the explosion of these social sports teams. It's amazing, it's so good and man, if I feel like that. I can only imagine that there are lots of other people that feel the same way. So I'm going to part of me like left there, going I can't go back, go back because I'm so bad. And then I thought, no, I have to go back. I have to go back because that's what this is all about. And I need to do it for me, and I need to do it for like little me, and I need to do it for like other people who like who we have been encouraging to go and do these things. I need to go back. So I'm going to go back. Gets yeah, yeah, so can I hold on.
Speaker 1: To the.
Speaker 3: Like if you're keen, I'd be more than happy to like go and have a hit one on one, you.
Speaker 1: Know, please please, Well, this actually sounds a little bit like spot cone, which is not. But I did see on the internet that there's like an indoor tennis thing that's just opened where it just like pumps balls at it at you and then you get to practice that way. So someone was telling me about this, But that might be a little maybe you need to take yourself in a little solid date. There's a little bit of confidence. Yeah, pumps balls at you sounds like centurion. Golly, but I have to say I totally hear you, and I think sometimes we need to just take a little leaf out of our beautiful hetero straight mates, because one thing that men do really well.
Speaker 2: Is just have blind, unconfident, unbridled Right, I can do that fucking eight lad a plane.
Speaker 3: I'd be able to do it. Yeah, Carl thinks I wouldn't, but I reckon I could lean the playing. So why don't we have that when it comes to sports. Drive it up, grab the grab what's between your legs, give it a good old tighten up and give it a go, you know, and swim and like big that bear and that record. If that's what your pit name is for bulging in your crutch at the moment, it's fine.
Speaker 4: You couldn't have scripted it better. You're really couldn't.
Speaker 1: All right, here's his unbridled male confidence coming you. Thank you.
Speaker 2: So I'll report back because I will go I'm definitely going to go back and play awesome.
Speaker 1: But that was so everyone was so nice.
Speaker 3: I might join you one weekend going. Yeah, I mean, I'm not the greatest, but you know, I'm pretty talented everything I do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there you go, Brad, here you go.
Speaker 4: I know something that's in the dark.
Speaker 1: It's actually the second one down, and it says Brad Christensen, I have a confession. Great, great three weeks of podcasting voice. How did you feel about that?
Speaker 4: Is that it's not the confession? Oh, it's just got to deal with it.
Speaker 1: He didn't listen to it. Oh yeah, no, I did. I listened to all three?
Speaker 4: Did you really?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I didn't realize it was Cam coming on. And secretly, you know, back in the olden days when Cam was on Breakfast and he'd do the movie reviews, yes, I thought, holy shit, he's hot and very cute.
Speaker 4: Sounds very jealous.
Speaker 3: Because because Cam is very handsome, he's got a lovely smile and it's very funny, and I've always thought he's very handsome. So that's my little confession. So so Cat Cam, he's he We've exchanged a few messages saying, you know, awesome, you know, thanks for you know, not thanks to cover.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, he's flushing, he's getting all tongued. But you know, I can't talk.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: We have to be we have to be like we're in this strap altogether. We need to be really and have open dialog and dialogue is crucial, and especially if you're out with the relationship, you have to talk about it. Because we said bread, you're gonna be wait for a few weeks.
Speaker 4: Can we have a third?
Speaker 1: And you said, absolutely, go nuts have a third, but we didn't.
Speaker 2: Actually, this is this is fear. We didn't run it past you. I don't think we didn't. And who we were in binding in.
Speaker 4: Did you see the rules up early in the pace? You need to know who the third is? But what a surprise.
Speaker 3: And so you know, Cam said he'd be listening from here on and so just if I can, I just your bloody handsome you're handsome, prack my god.
Speaker 1: So wait, do we need to what are we do here? Do we need to facilitate something? Or I don't think we need to.
Speaker 3: I think I've met Cam once. I think at at an old house party that we hosted, and I think I you know, he was he was there and I was like, oh my god, this camp.
Speaker 1: I hope he doesn't mind me telling the story.
Speaker 2: I will keep it very very light. But I got a message back in the day from a guy that I knew, who found came very attracted attractive, who.
Speaker 1: Wanted me to set them up.
Speaker 2: I did, and I can't remember what ended up happening, but I think they might have gone on a day. That was just my little That was my little intelude to say, you're not a lot and.
Speaker 3: I'd say there's a lot of gays outly that aunt alone and finding Kim came very.
Speaker 4: Attractive, very hot.
Speaker 1: Double down, mate, double down. I'm not embarrassed about it at all.
Speaker 2: You should be so yeah, well you guy, he's had it, he's opened to joining in.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: We were very gentle.
Speaker 1: We were gentle, and he came back for thirds so he said, I'm not doing anything absolutely, rolled around late at night into the d N said up to and he said, on my way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, time and location, leave the leave the door open and tell me which bedroom and I'll rock on it.
Speaker 4: I'll rock on love it. Thanks Cam, you're the best.
Speaker 2: God.
Speaker 1: What happens if I end up going away for a week and we bring Cam into this throttle and you do get your chemistry going and he's looking over here, there might be a camp for no. Do you know what will happen? I'll feel very jalous.
Speaker 4: You'll feel so left out here.
Speaker 1: Because I'll get a bit handsy with you. I'll be the forgot I'll be.
Speaker 2: I'll be forgotten all about You'll be.
Speaker 1: You'll be like those old newspapers down in the corner of it.
Speaker 2: And I'll be sitting in the corner going, can I do you need me? You've got the cutchare do you need me for anything? No?
Speaker 1: You're good? Can I get anyone in the water you need anything? Snacks? I'm going to the bathroom, speaking of I'm not just gonna be around next week, so I'll just get into Kim's deans and I'll let him know. You don't hear next week. It was a gig gigs on this podcast too seriously. I took it too seriously, although not to talk about Cam over and over again when he was here last week. We did have some really good banter about celebrity sightings.
Speaker 4: Did you listen to theirs?
Speaker 1: I did, and he had a great one, And then publics was like, yeah, he spears in the line at in the airport customs.
Speaker 3: Can I share who I sing on the strip or just in line? In New York and Life Jimmy fallon weird situation. He was probably walking to work around to the said down Life like it was just like the lock Away and me and my friend John were walking along, so I've got someone to vouch for this. Yeah, And then I went did the double take and I was like, oh, that's Jimmy Fallon and he looked over and I was like, oh fuck. And then I was like, I want like, you know that, should I take a photo?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 3: And then the key He was like, nah, don't do that. So he saw Jimmy Fallon. And then the following week and I missed out on this. It's traveling with a friend from Amsteam, Charlotte. She bumped them to Adam Sandler and so Ho and got a photo with them.
Speaker 4: Ah.
Speaker 1: He that's quite that's quite a good one, I think.
Speaker 2: I think if you go to New York, the chances of seeing a cleberationally quite high.
Speaker 3: And the other person I was traveling with, Angus, was up in Central Park having breakfast one morning and looked over and said, oh, that's seen a nice burke and bag looked up Helen Morrin.
Speaker 1: Wow. So I'm claiming I've seen all those.
Speaker 2: Those are all those are top not lib sightings. My one in New York that I had was this was years ago. I was with Wait did I tell this on the podcast last week? I was with some friends and we were taking a photo. There was like a mural on like a wall in the street we're at.
Speaker 4: So we thought that we're a murals.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a mural, and we thought, great break spot. I really missed you, great spot for a photo. So we were posing for a photo and one of one of our other friends was taking it of the two of us, and this woman like stopped on the sidewalk to let us take the photo without walking right through the shot. And we were like, oh, thank you so much, thank you.
Speaker 1: She's like, no worries, take the photo. Take the photo.
Speaker 2: And then we finished the photo and then she walked past us and I went, oh my god, that's Kris and dunst Oh.
Speaker 1: I said it couldn't come back, come back an here may we'll get one of you.
Speaker 4: Very good.
Speaker 1: We threw it out to the gators.
Speaker 4: That's a real good one. Great ones we've got here.
Speaker 1: We've got someone saw Jason Kris and he's saw on the on that person's foot at a James Blunt concert. Great great celebrity one. This person says, here, I used to live down the road from scary spices. When I was about seven, I saw it at the park and I said hi.
Speaker 2: Someone said I was once ushering at the Wellington International Arts Festival Orlando Bloom came in. That would have been around that time when everyone like all the Lord of the Rings people were right, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: But the big winner is and this is like big big names. This is Andrea. Andrew says. I saw the only one and only Brad at Countdown and Palmerson North.
Speaker 5: Hey, no way shot Andrea this year was an ally.
Speaker 1: I can't remember she did.
Speaker 3: Yes, I did kill There were a couple of.
Speaker 1: Oh, and someone said, will I am at the airport in la He was so short and small ross from friends whilst on my OI in London in the late nineties, and.
Speaker 4: That would have been like peak ross and free.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So some very good ones. Keep them coming in if you if you have any other.
Speaker 4: Totally talking about gators.
Speaker 3: Was out at Last Mate's First Drengths whatever it's called First Mates, Last Loves and someone taped me on and said, oh, excuse me, you're not bred from out the gate and I said, I am indeed the people. Oh and her name was Whitney, so hello, Whitney. You thought I'd forget that i'd meet you in the wild, But there's like two degrees of separation. She's a business partner of Christmas, so you know, high.
Speaker 1: Why did she think you would forget about the meeting bread?
Speaker 4: I think you forget her name?
Speaker 3: Forget her name? So I did actually write it down right. I had three rosees that evening, said evening and went home, so I wasn't pissed. But a nice little arm of Whitney.
Speaker 1: Anyway, great spot down there, Oh my god, gorgeous. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, Do we need to do a long business lunch there or something?
Speaker 3: Oh fucking hell, we can't get to field days. They alone of lunch, and there are the fucking temper bowling at the Rainbow Games. They'll get into Valencia to participate in the gay Games.
Speaker 4: We should just be grateful that we get either. We can do Christmas, do there? Oh that's a good idea. Christmas is coming.
Speaker 1: Do we do we invite the wags? I think it's too hard personally. Wait, shed I can hear them no, but we should try. Let's give it a go. We'll give it a go.
Speaker 4: See, I think.
Speaker 1: And here here's a topic for you I'm sort of the I'm always at the point of the year where I don't think I need any more plans. I think I'm going to start doing there. What about a New Year's lunch? What about in the summer we get together and do something lovely in front together, rather than this idea that we must eat a meal together between now and the twenty to twenty fifth, fourth thirday of.
Speaker 4: December when everyone is just a bit stress. I get it.
Speaker 2: I think it's just that fear of like, oh God, I need to we need to do something to celebrate the end of the year. But you're right, like, for me, the dates are relevant, really, Oh it really is.
Speaker 1: Yeah. If we do it, we do it. If we don't, we don't. Yeah, no, let's do it.
Speaker 2: Let's just not worry like Chris is saying, let's not worry about making it before Christmas time anyway.
Speaker 4: What's right in the chat?
Speaker 1: But is that it's a silly season.
Speaker 2: Absolutely is this So I don't want to sound like a dick, But tonight we're full disclosure. We're actually recording this week's episode on a Monday rather than a Tuesday, and we'll still go on a Wednesday. But so tonight podcast record Tomorrow, I'm going to drag Bingo Amazing. Tomorrow night is the only night of Lord of the Rings and Mu's a Good Tale at the Civic Theater. I'll be working at that Bread's coming along front Roast Entry's got some zeat yep, be there Wednesday. I've got something on after work.
Speaker 1: Friday. I'm going to Kessie Henderson at the power Station and then your kind of miss behavior afterwards.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, that's Friday, Friday night. It's Friday night.
Speaker 2: Fact, See, this is the thing. And then my friend messaged me and said, I've got tickets to Tom Sainsbury and Chris Parker's show on Thursday night.
Speaker 4: It's amazing by the way, which does.
Speaker 2: Look amazing, and I really want to see my friend. But it'll literally be the only night this week that I don't have something on. So I'm like, do I just double down and commit and go or do I need to say to her, I just I need a night at home.
Speaker 4: Life is for living.
Speaker 3: Just about grab those things between your leagues, mates, because I've got a hings do on Saturday.
Speaker 1: Oh jeez, you're busy, busy. What about what are you going to find time to watch Wicked Monday. Oh you going on Monday.
Speaker 3: On Monday, I went to Wicked the Live show while you were there, I got extra gay apparently. I don't know how that can happen, but I gave up a lot. Really, I loved it.
Speaker 2: It's one of the best Moses out there. I thought it was fantastic. It's incredible, so good. Well, unless you've been living under a rock. There's a movie version that comes out next week. I think it is.
Speaker 1: But if you guys heard what ended up happening in their marketing campaign, we god, I was going to talk about this. I'm so glad you brought it up. This is like the best of marketing fails. So obviously when a movie comes out these days, they go all ham on all of the different merch that goes with their merch merch dolls and posters and books and all of that.
Speaker 2: Sort of stuff, especially with something like this, because it's all very much like which is very Yeah, so.
Speaker 1: They've released a bunch of dolls of course, to release it's sort of the main characters. I'm not know where the real character's names are Glinda and Alphabat and Alpha of course. Sorry, and on the on the packet of these dolls, they have a QR code where you can go and get extra content other great bits and bobs. But somebody has unfortunately put the QR code to go to the address, and instead of going through wickedmovie dot Com, it goes to Wicked dot com. And what pray tell is Wicked dot com. Chris, Well, I'm going to do a real naughty and see whether I can use the iHeartRadio towers Wi Fi to look at this ourselves, because the word on the street.
Speaker 4: Is she's rude. Is it letting you in? It is looking us in?
Speaker 1: So Wicked dot com sells beautiful videos of lovely ladies within is there.
Speaker 4: Look at us on the front page? Oh? Well, we so it's pornography. It's pornography.
Speaker 1: Kelsey Loves Girls Volume two? Volume?
Speaker 2: Do you think I need to have watched Kelsey Loves Girls Volume one to understand Volume two?
Speaker 4: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: Can I get into Yeah, it looks like she's just born.
Speaker 4: She's definitely campaign and she's.
Speaker 1: Oh isn't it funny sometimes looking at the ladies making love to each other, because it's so out of the normal things that I normally say, it actually feels extra and I'm like very taboo. I'm very taboo. So look at these girls, like this is very explicit, isn't it.
Speaker 4: Jesus, Yeah, that's very explicit.
Speaker 1: That is like there are fingers and yes and all of the and everything. Great for the great for that website. Yeah, marketing, marketing.
Speaker 4: So this was so yes.
Speaker 1: So if you scanned the q I coat on these dolls, this is what you came up to. And I wouldn't do any work computer, but especially if you're a lady that likes ladies Wicked dot com, You're welcome. That is a faux pas.
Speaker 2: And the worst part is because you know, like it's all it's all the girlies like little kids that will be buying the dolls.
Speaker 1: Oh definitely, what is my older sister up to? Well?
Speaker 2: Oh a very early learning and how to delete your browser history?
Speaker 3: Yeah right, but also good PSA, be careful when you're buying the dolls, and you know, hopefully they've recalled all.
Speaker 1: Of the dolls. We recall them, didn't they The odd one might have slipped through because they've even got written on the on the pack on the like written in words on the package dot Wicked dot com. That's the worst thing that's gone through anyway, let's get away from the ladies now. Used lot of something in the group chet today that was a little on the racy side.
Speaker 3: Well, you know how we always like to sort of talk about celebrities and maybe a little bit of celebrity dick. Yeah, re emerged penis shot of Michael B.
Speaker 1: Jordan.
Speaker 4: It was very hot as the actor from Panther.
Speaker 1: Forever.
Speaker 2: Actually one of the most beautiful people in the world. He's very cut, his knee so ripped and also just everything each of his.
Speaker 1: Perfect.
Speaker 3: So apparently these photos were taken on a beach in Italy about a year ago, but they've just resurfaced again through one of our you know, uh trusted sources of media content Gaiety and I know, who do you talk about Gaiety last week?
Speaker 1: So it's great. That's where they're really up the game.
Speaker 4: They're doing things at the moment. I'm like, oh about it.
Speaker 3: So I did incognito that that search on my own. So there you go, Michael B. Jordan out there.
Speaker 1: To be honest, woman, there's another great one. You know, it's come out. I don't know whether that was HEAs didn't thinking about it, are we Is it consensual?
Speaker 4: Is he like okay about it?
Speaker 1: He's on the beach doing it.
Speaker 3: Like he's got his like he's taken his trunks off or putting some trunks back on, and so like, yeah, he's not shy about it.
Speaker 4: It's not like there's a you know.
Speaker 1: So if someone did get into a d M and say, deer Gators, I love you so much, please see me Michael B.
Speaker 2: Jordan, Well, we've always said we're not about We're not about just seeming unsolicited.
Speaker 1: But if people ask nicely, we're not going to gate keep either.
Speaker 3: No, we ain't going to get get No, we could flick flick your the link, flick something.
Speaker 1: It's very it's my favorite thing about it as a way that it just it's sort of up but like it's it's true.
Speaker 3: I mean, he's at the beach and he's just you know, he's he's not quite full mass.
Speaker 1: But no, but it's definitely not he hasn't been in the cold water yet. Gosh, golly.
Speaker 4: Anyway, that's all I've got in the dock.
Speaker 3: I had to end my little thing in the dock with a celebrity deck out of there.
Speaker 1: Hey, am.
Speaker 2: We're not mad at that, You're not mad about it at all. That actually brings us to the end of our episode anyway, and you know that nature has restored itself.
Speaker 1: When we've got a beautiful b rad back in the presence of us, and.
Speaker 4: We've got a free celebrity deck to talk about.
Speaker 1: All is right in the world. You know, you know, there's a lot of it's been.
Speaker 2: It's been a hell of a week, globally heavy week for a lot of people. But when your three boys are back together and there's a solb Dick pack, you know that things are going to be okay.
Speaker 1: Things are gonna be okay. Come by, my lord, come by.
Speaker 3: He look, my advice is take a load off, Shoot a load, take a load.
Speaker 1: What if you want to do it's been a rough week. Paint the town, paint the walls. Then whatever you need.
Speaker 4: That's quite enough. That's quite enough. Good to be back with you boys.
Speaker 1: You literally just pulled up wicked dot com for us.
Speaker 2: You cannot be the moral high ground now, Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Love you boys.
Speaker 4: Love to be back so good, and we'll see.
Speaker 1: You again next week. Maybe