Speaker 1: You're listening to a podcast from News Talks ed B. Follow this and our wide range of podcast now on iHeartRadio The Big League Podcast podcast play News TALKSB.
Speaker 2: This week on The Big League Podcast, What on Earth is going on in the Bunker? We take a look at the weekend that was for our officials, human era or system failure, the Warriors performance we've become accustomed to this season. We get the lowdown from Adam Fanua, Blaker's he bits fearwell to Mount Smart and International Rugby League lockdown for the back end of the year, and what do you know, another eligibility yarn surfaces.
Speaker 3: My name is Nick Beauley. Let's go b LB. I was going to take something rather significant, wasn't it?
Speaker 2: To steal the limelight away from Sean Johnson in his farewell home game? And we got that hold my beer moment. In approximately the forty sixth minute, Stephen Crichton shoulder loaded third man into the tackle, strikes Roger to evasishek flush on the face, left wobbling as he gets back to his feet to try and play the ball up, it goes to the bunker. The slow mo vision damning feels obvious to everyone except Liam Kennedy the Bunker official a high level of mitigation apparently, and Cridon is placed on report no further explanation regarding seaid mitigation and cue the bewilderments and booing from the Warriors faithful. Twenty four hours earlier, Manly had two players been for high tackles.
Speaker 3: But nothing here.
Speaker 2: Where is the consistency that's all followers of the game want. The Warrior season has done. The incident didn't cost them the game against the Bulldogs, but marred the spectacle. The game and the competition, which is one of the toughest of any sports in the Southern Hemisphere, deserves better. And look, I'm not finger pointing at individuals. For me, it's the system and the rules that clearly leaves too many shades of gray. It's time for what we call in rugby league, a crackdown before a final is decided by a call. Alex Powell of the New Zealand Hera joins me here on the Big League podcast Greeting X. Alex taught me through your thoughts on that hits on TILLIVASISHEK So.
Speaker 4: I've done a bit of work this year around CTE and concussions and the role that head knocks play in sport. And when you saw Roger get to his feet and then wobble straightaway, you knew something is seriously wrong here, and I think that was proven by the fact that Roger didn't come back. But the issue there is that that was very clearly dangerous play and foul play, and it should have meant, you know, Stephen Crichton at least goes to them for ten minutes, and yet, like you've said, he's still there and it's a penalty with him on report. It's not good enough because people are going to turn away from the game for things like this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I tend to agree, and you know, you can say what you like about rugby union, but it's actually become a bit more clearer in rugby around head contact. They're respective of it's malicious or intent. Of there's hit contact, you're gone at least having a seat and they'll review it to upgrade it to a red card. And rugby league now it's an absolute lottery depending on which on field official and which bunker official you have. And that's the bit that I struggle with the most, is that there seems in the last couple of weeks. I know we saw a fair few sinbinnings on the weekend, but just a tendency to go with the I will deal with it over the weekend, We'll deal with it on Monday. We'll put the chap On report and the consequences will follow there.
Speaker 3: But the worry is where they what do they get out of that?
Speaker 2: They lose their center, that already lost the center earlier in the game. There's a full back line reshuffle required and Stephen Crichton plays on and there's a rather significant say in the game as well. It a line break to set up Jacob Kraz for the final try for the Bulldogs.
Speaker 3: It just it's head scratching for mine.
Speaker 2: And before we go into you know, someone might be listening right now and going, oh boohoo, the couple of Warriors guys here. You know that the club always gets the rough end of the stick. There was other calls on the weekend, two which which were just as crazy. I mentioned in the intro. The Manly ones were nowhere near that the same ballpark as Stephen Crichton, yet they Olakuatu he was sent for ten in the bin. Just yeah, like coming into finals too. I just I've got some serious questions and I'm hoping obviously we're recording Monday morning, New Zealand time. By this afternoon Graham and Isley will front as he normally does. He'll really put the foot down rather than defending his officials. He needs to say what is a ten in the bin? What is ascend off? And what is on report? Because at the moment I think it's it's just a guessing game.
Speaker 4: No, it can't be up to the interpretation of each referee and each bunker coordinator to work out what is what. You know, the consistency is all that we ask for.
Speaker 2: Interesting point made in the Sydney Morning Herald as well across the weekend Alex there's a different bunker official for all eight of the games. I think it's quite special work, isn't it compared to being an on field referee or a touch judge. I mean, then they're not really suffering from fatigua. They're looking at all these screens. Do you think there's an argument to be made that a specialist bunker official. You know, if there's eight games, perhaps we just have timber three as opposed to eight.
Speaker 4: I was worried you're going to say one across of the whole week. No, I think that's a very sound bad. It's very good to recognize as well that it is a specialist job. You know, there's talk of well it should be some of the refereeing experience, or there should be someone worth playing experience. You know, would there be a situation where it's not one there's a panel, you know, and they have to go out and then obviously that'll just take longer and games will be slowed down. And these conversations have been had as to what is the best way to do these things. But it's very clear something has to change because what we're getting now going into finance. You spoke you know earlier, we can't see a big game decided off, you know it. This isn't like this. We saw it at the Rugby World Cup last year where Sam came was shown a red card and then see a Kalisi was more did the same thing and got a yellow. You know, you cannot have you can't have the game presented as a show piece with this sort of indecision and this sort of inconsistency.
Speaker 2: Well, you know it's bad. When Andrew Webster, who we've got to know relatively well over the last two seasons, finally fires up, I think for the first if a time in a postmatch media conference. Let's take a listen.
Speaker 5: I'm struggling to understand how like a shoulder can go into Roger's head and the bunker it's got ages to see a critical time of the game, and then we lose Roger for the for the game, and then we're going to reshuffle out and you've got to reshuffle anyway, that's football. But if it happens, because it's just happens, what happens like that, and then nothing gets done to them, it's you're going to protect our players, And I just don't see the consistent see one little bit around around that, like Roger will miss next week now, couldn't come back, and their play goes on.
Speaker 3: That's all that happened.
Speaker 2: And yeah, there's.
Speaker 5: So many parts in that weeker to control better tonight and the boys know that, but just frustrated that how that just happened.
Speaker 2: So there's the thoughts there of Andrew Webster talking about, you know, protecting the player, making sure that is paramounts, making some real salient points and just before we get to Webster's comments there Alex Let's ever listen to I alluded to it before in terms, it was just a wild weekend of inconsistencies around hid high contact. In particular, we had a couple of simbinnings in the Manly Tigers game. We didn't have one for the Crichton head on toy basis. Check Cam Murray comes in with a swinging arm on Tyson Frazzelle and the rabbit Oz Night's game. It takes the best part of two or three minutes before the Bunker finally sends Murray for ten. Similar in Away yesterday Roosters Titans. Eventually they made the right call, Jared, while we are Hargraves no stranger to the judiciary. A swinging arm on Sam Virils wasn't picked up at the time of the on field referee, was only eventually found out after a try was scored some moments later. But here's Gold Coast Titans coach Dez Hazlet. This was unprompted, no question by a journalist about the judiciary or inconsistency with the Bunker. This is Dees Hazler just finding a moment and having a rant, there.
Speaker 6: Was something like eighteen penalties today. This is just to view there's not a lot of confidence at the moment. I think with players interpretation around what's a high shot, what is in the high shot, what's deemed, what's coming back. There's a lot of nervous individuals on both sides at the moment. You can kind of see it both with the official them who's running the officials. The officials seem to be Yeah, they're down on confidence a little bit there at the moment, and it's probably something that we have to address pretty quickly going into finals.
Speaker 2: So a couple of coaches there, Alex having their say, we've all had our say, let's play a bit of Monday bingo, but a Graham Ansley bingo. What's your expectation for most people when they're listening to this podcast, we probably would have heard from Graham Annersley by now, are we going to get a defense of the officials? Are we going to see some change, some meaningful change?
Speaker 3: Where are you leaning?
Speaker 4: I think if you're a betting man an apology, it's paying about a dollar's head. I don't think we'll get any sort of meaningful change because it's very hard to bring that stuff in week to week. But you understand Graham Ansley's possession as referees bosses. He will back the referees in public. You know, what he says behind closed doors might be GiB of a completely different thing. But just to go back to what he said about protecting the player from Andrew Webster, Yes, absolutely protect play, but this is a contact sport. We accept that there is a say wee players accept there is a risk of that they're going to be protect the game, protect the integrity of the sport. Make sure it's a contest and a fair contest. You know, if you're getting guys getting knocked out, there absolutely has to be fair consequence for that.
Speaker 2: And if you're going to say, and if I do enjoy the fact that we can hear some of those conversations that the bunker has with the on field referee, but if you're going to say higher level of mitigation, I think the fan and the follower of the game deserves a greater explanation as to what that mitigation was. I personally couldn't see it. Third man into a tackle, no attempt to wrap the arms, shoulder locked in place, clocks currentk clocks artis flush on the face and just going back to my other point. So I just feel like putting someone on report is it's just a safe out. There's no meaningful consequence when the game takes place. We've talked a lot about the officials. Let's get into the game itself, starting with the highlights. Warriors eighteen, Bulldogs thirty four. This audio courtesy of sky Sport.
Speaker 7: And we're underway or the Warriors.
Speaker 8: I mean, the first carry is Nphidel Blake Johnson, Mica de Lace, the PASSI Padley and there's.
Speaker 7: No doubt about that one.
Speaker 2: The one whatever.
Speaker 8: Singing lunch oil. He getting out to Tobacco. Nice answer from him. Kake ball, Oh that's too easy. Kick Capbell over for another try. Money, let's get it. Bring away here Sixton, This is looking good. Sherry Cherry slices through and there is the trife of the buildings.
Speaker 3: Let's play now, Sixton, he whoa, it's.
Speaker 8: Been preached by Clon Stephen Crichton, a gift four pointer. He's out to Britain. He comes kick out kick, How hows up for.
Speaker 7: The ubby kick?
Speaker 8: How I want to pass? That's a try to Kurs Warren. Excellent execution by the Bulldogs. Look up in the shadows off the posts. He gains a crack from Toby Half he's there, who are you aging?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 8: Much mo than a four pointer for the home team's sixt and kicking it gain earlier in the camp taking a wicked the fiction and there's a score for Harry Hayes. The Bulldogs hit the front again, money big playing the protects of the game here Britain there, I think let's a try sus shadow CAUs gets there to score a four points crick head criton powering up.
Speaker 3: Wow, what a bust this your seal? It ain't carez.
Speaker 7: Cuts the Warriors wide open end up col Dance roll forward.
Speaker 3: In twenty twenty four Big Time, Big League Podcast.
Speaker 2: Actually, before we get our thoughts on the contest, Nick Buley and Alex Belle here on the Big League Podcast, our man on the ground at Mount Smart or Sean Johnson Stadium, I should say Chris Reeve had a chat to one of the other departing stars, of course, Jazz Devang. It was his last home game, last home game for Sean Johnson, last home game in a Warriors jersey as well for Adam Fana Black Hairs.
Speaker 3: Chris chatting to AFB, what was.
Speaker 9: The emotion like coming out last game at home for the Warriors.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it was pretty emotional. Yeah, burlocks highs and lose men's sw Yeah, pretting lost with it that this is the last one I want to have here, but just enjoyed every every step of the way.
Speaker 9: What do you make of the game out there tonight? Obviously we've always started very well and got away from me a little bit at the end.
Speaker 7: Yeah, disappointing that we didn't come out in the second enough. You know, we lost Roger, you know, we lost Wet early. But then again, yeah, we just didn't handle it the second enough as well as we should have. Yea, And I feel like we've got what we deserved.
Speaker 9: For yourself as a player, seeing a shot like that on Roger, not get you know, it's like no, not chin in the bend, Like, how do you respond to that?
Speaker 7: You can't really respond to him, man, because say something and you get fine. You know, they sort of cause a bit of a lottery at the moment in the game. You know, he gets, someone gets smacked in the face, they get you know, we're losing for the game and someone that you just put them report, So I don't know, it's it's above me who controls that and and you know what their comes.
Speaker 3: Off of that.
Speaker 7: But yeah, very like it's just gotta I just got to get on with it, I guess, and I'm yere.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 7: I felt like we did, but we didn't as well.
Speaker 9: Yeah, for next week, obviously you're heading to Sydney next year, do you feel I guess, any excitements going into that one thing? You know, that's where you're going to be playing your footy for the next couple of years.
Speaker 7: No, not really meant I was gonna take it as another game, you know. My LORTI at the moment still to the little Warriors. I can't get excited about going over there.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 7: It's I don't want to be just sprateful to the Warriors. You know, I've got another another game to go here in these colors, and plus we've got another week after that with the White you know. So my duty is my judies here aren't done and I'm not going to clock off just because you know in finals or stuff like that. Like I'm still going to turn up on Monday and try and get better.
Speaker 9: So, yeah, what do you I guess want to put out for the Warriors over there obviously next week and then when you get.
Speaker 7: Back from the buy. We just a hard game, mat I just want us to go back to that sort of how we how we started in that first half. I know, we spent a lot of time on our line and turning turning them away, and I just want us to, you know, sort of try and find out the identity again and you know, for the boys moving forward next year, hopefully they can yeah, you know, rediscovered that sort of the sort of form again.
Speaker 9: Just lastly, seeing the support you guys been over the last couple of years here, I guess, how will you reflect on your time other Warriors?
Speaker 7: Yeah, man, I'm like I said, man, I'm definitely be sad that I'm leaving and that luck, you know, but I feel like I'm a traded at home here. Had the worries, yeah man, but those cheers and uh, you know there's chimes that I heard running out today. Yeah, man, like it's it definitely hit hit me in the chest. Yeah, man, I'm very grateful for the support that the club showed me, you know, from from from the CEO all the way down to you know, the boys that working in the front desk. You know, it's it's just been a hell of a ride. And yeah, I'm just very grateful for the club and and what they've given me, the opportunity that have helped me grow and also given my family.
Speaker 2: This is the Big League podcast, right, Alex a few days removed.
Speaker 3: But the game itself a hot start.
Speaker 2: I think I said that that's probably what was going to happen on the previous podcast, and then faded rather dramatically and again once the rain arrived. The Warriors don't really know what to do or on attack, or certainly aren't his clinical on attack.
Speaker 3: It all sounds a bit familiar, right, I mean last.
Speaker 4: Week were saying we wanted a fast start because they kept starting quite slowly. No, I mean, you've got to give credit to the Bulldogs. They are, Like we said last week, I think they're a top four side, even if the table won't show it come final. His time, geez, how emotional was that intro? You know, Shawn Johnson coming out last out of the tunnel with his kids and with his wife. You know, we spoke last week, but it really was there for us all to see how much the Warriors and the club means to him. You know, this is a guy that you know, Shawn's a year or two older than me, And I think I realized last year because also against the Bulldogs when he bought his youngest his oldest daughter, Miller, onto the field after he scored the game winning try, Like, this is just a bloke, you know, this is just a normal guy doing his job. And I think we read don't take notice of that of the human side of sport enough.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well said, I mean, he grew up actually not too far from me on the HIBERSUS Coast, went to Oriel College's few years a here to me and just love the Warriors, love Hibusis Coast Raiders, love rugby league. Dabbled in our first fifteen for a little bit, pretty much hated it. Can understand that his mates put together a YouTube highlight reel of his touch highlights, which is still I think has crazy amount of views, And still find myself at a quiet moment having a wee look at that and then from there Toyota Cup Under Twenties twenty eleven Grand Final. Just a remarkable crew and just a guy who loves like he lived out his dream. He got to play for the Warriors so many times. And I'll tell you what you can say what you like about the Warriors in terms of the season they've been, but they are a top four club, if not a Grand Final club. And when it comes to that entertainment wrapping around knowing how to celebrate an occasion, that the off field stuff that the Warriors to around, you know, whether it be with their jerseys to remember an occasion like that or or the light shows, et cetera. And I thought that was that was spectacular on the one of the other positive things. If we can be positive for a time here after that, Warriors to for Alex, I know you want to get into as well as I've got a lot of young guys coming through the system that we've seen in sort of drips and drabs this year. I really like what Lequahala Seema had done. And Dimitric Sepher Cooler has caught your eye. He's come back from a pretty nasty knee reconstruction some nice touches on the weekend. That breathes a bit of hope looking ahead to next year.
Speaker 4: So I mean being in and around the Warriors youth set up, you know, and the circles that you operated as a journalist all you know, like you say, the young Ford's coming through, You've got Lequa Hala Sema Jacob labur Zimo. The talk within the Warriors is that dimetrics of Cooler is the best of them, you know. I think we saw a bit of that. I went through the numbers earlier, only add infanel Blake had more post contact meters than Black played seventy meters for c for Coal played thirty. This kid, I feel like, is going to If that's any sort of indication of how good he's going to be, we're going to have a special one on our hands here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's got that similar to fanol Blake.
Speaker 2: He's got that sort of late footwork and that that sort of hit movement for a big lad, which I think really is going to catch some defenses off guard. So I like the look at him, and I know we're going to rarely unpack season twenty twenty four next week and look ahead to twenty twenty five. But off the top of my head, I can't see a best seventeen without Dimitric Cipher Cooler in twenty twenty five, staying here, God b LB.
Speaker 3: Big Hits, Big Moments, the Big League Podcast.
Speaker 2: Well, of course the Warriors season ends the Saturday because they have the buy in the final rounds of the regular season. But Alex, just before we get to the Warriors last game away to Cranulla Friday morning, have to say curiously to announcement, but good news all the same for international rugby league with the Pacific Championship schedule coming out to someone myself based down here in christ jur it's very very pleased to see us secure a double hitter on a Sunday afternoon as well as part of the Labor weekend long weekend with Australia in town for both the Kiwi's, Kangaroo's Kiwi Ferns jill ARUs, whats what say you you you'd be relatively dilled in when this rolls around and what chances do you give both the both the Kiwis and the Kiwi fans.
Speaker 4: I mean, I absolutely love the international game. One of my formative memories coming through was that two thousand and eight World Cup Final, which was actually the night before my NCAA Level one English exam, so there were a lot of tide faces that day.
Speaker 7: But no, it's great.
Speaker 4: I think I don't feel like international rugby league gets the celebration that needs. We hear so much lip service from the NRAL about what it wants to do. We know that their priority of state of origin. Seeing the Kiwis and the Kiwi fans both take on Australia on the same we know what happened last year when that happened is that was two wins from Zealand. So I think there will be a bit of a bit in the teeth for Australia if they need to. Hopefully both teams are able to name their full strength sides. We know that that time of year, you know, for whatever reason, players don't always commit. Sometimes I want to holiday, sometimes I need a bit of postseason surgery. So let's just hope for some bloody good rugby league with two or four bloody good teams.
Speaker 2: Indeed, and I wouldn't be rugby league at an international level alex without an eligibility story. Right off the bat Friday afternoon are the new Keyis coach Stacy Jones revealing Roger Tui Vasishek he's had a busier weekend hasn't. He's going to play for some off. They're not involved in the Pacific Championship, but they do, by all reports, have a series coming up later this year in England. Look, I personally don't begrudge the guy Alex at the stage of his career to commit for SAMA.
Speaker 3: What are your thoughts on this?
Speaker 4: I do think it's overlooked how much represent PACIFICA heritage means to PACIFICA players. We've seen Ardie savea look to move from the Hurricanes to one in PACIFICA to do that. We know that rugby league is a bit better at it with you memback to twenty seventeen when it felt like half the key we squad went and played for time. So yeah, I'm really happy for Roger he hasn't. You know, He's made no secret of this that he wants to represent Somemore at some point? Do you play him at central? Do you play him at fullback with Crichton in there as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a tough problem for the Salmon coach to have, isn't it. You know Brian Totter as well, but of course he'll be on the wing. But another pretty handy back Luncherome Louis, I would have thought might play for Samoa as well. Look like going back to we're talking when we're talking about the judiciary and the bunker and that in terms of credibility, that's probably the one thing when there's too much chopping and changing as opposed you know, doing one one year, one the next year flip flopping. If two of us are ship, plays out the rest of his International regul League career with Sama, then that's that's cool with me.
Speaker 3: I just don't like the flip flop nature of it.
Speaker 2: And I look at the Keywi's team, and I know Joey Mark who's off to the dark side to earn some money up in Japan. But guys like Matt to Mokel really liked the look of the young fella out of the Melbourne Storm, Jack Howarth. He's been going really well this year in the centers, so I think the Keywis will be okay there in the centers as well. Come Labor weekend when that all kicks off. Speaking of two of us as Ship, he'll be scratched for this weekend, So the next time we see him play rugby League, most likely we'll be in the international game. Let's take a look at Saturday night Warriors Sharks over there in Sydney and a bit of a dilemma on the hands of Andrew Webster in terms of his centers because we haven't mentioned either that Adam Pompey was injured early in the contest. What he sins that web will do with his center peering for Saturday Night?
Speaker 4: I mean, who's left standing? Are we going to go back to Marlo Graham Tolfa and Alila Towers tower back?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I saw them both play play Cup, so that seems the logical thing, right unless they get really frisky the last game seeing Kay there, perhaps, but then again you're going to put to a perky to fullback. I don't know. It's probably the probably where they go Cape Wor could play there. Yeah, it will be interesting. Again, it's a It's a situation, isn't it. Where the finish line is in sight. Outside of pride and sending some a club injured and some other guys out on a high note, there's very little to play for when the opposition, on the other hand, the Bulldogs heavily motivated Friday just been the Sharks last night put the SmackDown on Saint George and they're our third on the ladder. I mean, what are you expecting to see? I feel like I know this answer already. What would you like to see? Even if it's a bit fanciful given what we have seen, I don't think there's any shame and losing to a better side. You know, let's just get that underwey shaft about. That is what's basically happened for most of the Warriors problems this year. You know, there's been a couple with defeats where you go, Okay, that probably wasn't good. They've let that close.
Speaker 4: A lot of the time they have just been beaten by better team and that's what should happen here. But like, like you say, let's just hope for the hope of Sean Johnson, for the OPA, Jaztavanger, for the op Edfanil Blake, that it's just a good one that they can actually be proud of.
Speaker 2: Are you of the view at this point of the season, is there anything to be gained by giving any other younger players ago bringing Like you were alluding to you you're familiar with the juniors in terms of my Jacob Laban or are you do you stick with who's got you this far? And also probably having in mind too that the Cup team pretty well. I think they're third leading into the finals, so you don't want to mess up that. At the same time, no, I don't think their top four place in the Cups and Jeopardy this week is it.
Speaker 3: No, I don't think so.
Speaker 4: But then so you can afford to give these guys a run at neral level if like Andrew Whibster has actually said he's not going to pick you know, just to give guys a run. He's going to put his best team out there. But we've seen this year those guys are more than capable of stepping up. You move back to the wins over the Panthers and the Dolphins. You know there are some bloody good footballers and those youth sides.
Speaker 3: Big League Podcast the big League podcast for the biggest league fans. Okay, an ultimate round of the inn R.
Speaker 2: Just recapping on last week My Faith and the Warriors Let Me Down was five from eight to me Alex pit me by one, going with the Bulldogs see a fucking jag one back here. Pretty good Thursday night game to kick things off Alex Cowboys and the Storm Storm.
Speaker 4: For me just think that they're leading the way at the moment in terms of what is possible in this competition.
Speaker 2: Bang On even in Townsville. Storm on a roll, and it'll just be in terms of their motivation level. I think it's a six point gap now, isn't it at the top of the table.
Speaker 3: So yeah, the team how.
Speaker 4: Boys place in the eight as secure as well now, so maybe maybe they can take their foot off the.
Speaker 7: Gas of it.
Speaker 3: Bulldogs Manly Bulldogs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like the Bulldogs And at the same time, I wouldn't be surprised if there's a response out of Manly. That was quite the upset, wasn't it. Neither of us saw that coming, losing to the Tigers. Speaking of not seeing it coming, Panthers and lost to the Raiders. On the weekend they'll be hosting the South Sydney rabbit Os. I mean, surely the Panthers won't lose two in a row. You know, that might be the wake up call they actually need. Yeah, good one, Canberra, Well we really needed that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I tend to agree, and I don't think there's much here for the Rabbits to play force. I think the Panthers will figure it out. Ills Dragons, you know, I might go but left friend and go the Eels. Okay, you want to expand on that, Alex, I.
Speaker 4: Feel like at home guys looking to impress the new coach Dragons have just had a pretty, you know what could be a deflating loss, so maybe that'll get them over the line.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I'm going to go with the Dragons just on the basis that if they lose this weekend, then destiny is out of their hands. If they just go with a win here a when next week they'll be in the eights. If they lose, then it's really open. There's I think there's four teams two points further back, and the Dragon's sitting in that eighth spot at the moment. Speaking of two of them in this Queensland Derby Dolphins Broncos.
Speaker 4: I mean, I was gonna say the Dolphins are at home, so I think the Broncos. Yeah, I'll go Broncos as well. I think they'll they'll find a way. There's just something about the Dolphins.
Speaker 2: They're a bit of an enigma, but I feel like they play their best footialls in the two years they've been in the competition so far at the front and then seem to fade at the end of the season.
Speaker 3: So I'll get I'll say the Broncos will get one up, all right.
Speaker 2: The one that we will probably be focusing most on here itan is in me and the Big League Podcast are Sharks Warriors.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna have to go to Sharks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I am as well. Yeah, for reasons that we have gone into great detail over the last few weeks. It's just hard to see another way. You know, if they couldn't get up three or four go now against Parramatta when this season was on the line at home. You know they struggle to get up at home in an emotional occasion like Friday night. Yes, against a better team, Yeah, hard to see against the Sharks team who are really airborne at the minu at Knights.
Speaker 3: Titans.
Speaker 4: Oh so this is the one that's giving me the most trouble.
Speaker 3: I am going to go Titans.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I will disagree, just on the basis that Newcastle are still within a sniff and the Titans, even though they can score tries, they can certainly concede them racked up. We'll conceded plenty last nights against Sydney Roosters who round out the rounds on Sunday nights. They're hosting the Raiders. That'll be a good one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the Roosters for me, they're going to be right in the next come finals time. I think now they're really going to click into gear and sort of see themselves into a position where they can be a contender in the latter stage of the season.
Speaker 2: I'm going to go smoky here. I'm going to go with the Raiders, I think. Yeah, just off the back of beating Penrith seasons still there for the taking. I know they're much better team at home, but yeah, I just I think they might have found something at the weekend and I think that might extend through to taking on anyway. That'll do us for another edition of the Big League Podcast. Warriors final game of the NRL season this Saturday, nine thirty five taking on the Kernala Sharks. Alix Pell Thanks so much for your time on him is Nick Buley. Please like, follow and subscribe the podcast. We will be back for one final episode next Monday to review the season that's been for the Warriors and look ahead to see if we can find any glimmers of Hope for twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: For more from News Talks B listen live on air or online, and keep our shows with you wherever you go with our podcasts on ihart Radio