Speaker 1: Live from the Export Beer Garden Studios and brought to you, as always by Export Ultra the Beer for Here. This is the Agenda Podcast for Monday, the twenty month of October.
Speaker 2: The Agenda Podcast, the home of Sporting Nonsense and clap trap, brought to you my next sport a Vulture.
Speaker 1: And the brand new studio has taken about three weeks to become absolutely ruined here. There are stains all over the bloody table.
Speaker 3: Yeah, coffee mug stains.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know what these are.
Speaker 3: I had to call out James mcconey because he leaves caps of tea everywhere.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: And before you cat.
Speaker 1: With you, he's like Leehart with half drunk beers.
Speaker 3: Met half drunk beers two steps gone.
Speaker 1: But there's some sort of chocolate stains on the desk here and we can't figure out who it is because we were the last ones in here to do the podcast. No commentary over the week, which we are going to talk about later on in the podcast. But I know the Boog Show come in here over now and then and do a bit of recording.
Speaker 3: Oh they don't pre record this show to they.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, I don't know if it's the show, but they're definitely in here recording.
Speaker 3: So they do their potty, they do their outro.
Speaker 1: They do something, and I reckon they fucking Jason Hoyt's got bloody chocolates. Yeah, that's written over.
Speaker 3: A little bit of controversy. This morning, I've filled in on her to keep breakfast. And we found some.
Speaker 1: Wedges for shoes.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, on Pugsley's desk, which you don't know what wedges are.
Speaker 1: It's to give you a bit of a lift.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you're struggling vertically, and these all silicon lifts that you can put and I put them in my shoes and a mentally, it does give you a bit of a lift that work.
Speaker 1: Deep shame you can't get around like that all day.
Speaker 3: Deep shame though, knowing that I got them in And so we started talking about what's more shameful wedges or a rinse, a bad rints.
Speaker 1: Wages because you're hiding it. Wow, the rints you can't hide. I know you think you're hiding it. And by the way, there we someone listening this podcast right now. But I'm like, I just want you to know, we know, I don't know you exist. So the fact that you're taking offense to this means you're aware of it. We did say.
Speaker 3: We did talk about the rints and we said, if you think you're getting away with your rints, you're not.
Speaker 1: Ye.
Speaker 3: People are talking about you behind your back.
Speaker 1: So whatever your thing is, by the way, it could be a rinse, it could be something else, a rug, whatever it is, we all know. Yeah, but yeah, I for the longest time thought that my superpower was being able to spot a rints from a mile away. Yeah, everyone superpower. It's actually not that hard to spot. I was generally like, if it's a white guy with darker hair than me and he's laid into his fifties, suspicious, Well.
Speaker 3: It's also the eyebrows and the facial hair, facial he gives it away, massively gives it away, so you've got to just lean into it.
Speaker 1: And what else.
Speaker 3: We talked about af your other things, and Jimmy Well shocked us with a story about he is doing some terrible work in the TV ands e changing rooms. He revealed another insight one of a former TV inst employee would wear male spanks but almost like a full length spanks up to his chest and tummy in.
Speaker 1: A lot like a little rolled roasts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and so we were like, who was it? They wouldn't tell us, and we were saying names, were like, it's not sloppy, save is it? And he's like no, no, And then we worked out as a former employee, so it eventually got it out of Camal Santa Maria.
Speaker 1: Oh right, Yeah, he's running a.
Speaker 3: Full men's spanks operation under his.
Speaker 1: Suit, right, and a sexual assault assault lawsuit as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think he's contesting that that whole.
Speaker 1: So they should have sacked them for that before he ever got the chance to do anything, to be fair, that's true.
Speaker 3: That is true. So yeah, we talked about deep shameful things that mainly men up too, because I think there's as we mentioned, there's a different kind of there's a different criteria for women because they put makeup on in the morning and a lot of them die there here anyway. But they are out there, they're open about it, whereas guys are that's in the background, dying in here surreptitiously and putting lifts in their shoes. The Veneers Veneers is another one. Yeah, have you seen have you come across someone you hadn't seen for a while, and they've got veneers. No, it's the funniest thing you've ever seen. I've never seen it. It'll happen in some stage in your life. One of your mates will go off and get veneers and you'll see him and you will immediately start laughing, and it's not really the reaction they're looking for.
Speaker 1: I know someone who I've seen dudes like English dudes, particularly when I was in Dubai. There's a lot of the English dudes, and they'll have the whitest teeth that you've ever seen in your life, perfectly straight. They don't look like teeth. It's like you've got a mouth guarden or something like that. I also know a guy who I'm not going to say his name because he's told me off for mentioning him in the past. But he showed up to where he worked. They had like a site changeover. Sure, I've told the story before. It's about fifty dudes sitting in a room and they're changing over from the night shift before work, and the guy's up the front and goes Yep. If you go down the back, you'll notice that that area is blocked off. There's something wrong, something faulty. You don't go down there. And then if you look at the you fucking died you're here, mate. This guy standing in the front go no, no, no, I haven't. But he'd been using that shampoo that darkens you're here. Yeah, Ruder uses that.
Speaker 3: I used to use it until he had exactly the same scenario. Ruder the producer of the Breakfasher. He said a few years ago, when he started going funny a bit of grays, he started using the shampoo until he bumped into a friend who just went, why are you doing you're here?
Speaker 1: And he didn't do it from then on. Yeah, nahant, why not just embrace the grays? Yeah, I think most dudes with black here know that you go gray very early. I've got a lot of grays, and so you can't sort of you've either got to commit to dying it all the time. But the dye doesn't look black. It looks blue.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's fishy. I've seen a few kind of mousey brown dye jobs.
Speaker 1: They that is tougherence, That is tough because then there's the regrowth. Yeah, is this The other thing is dudes, So when women do this, they commit it's a whole thing, you know. They look after their hair quite thoroughly. A dude will just run the rints through it and then leave it for like another six months. You can't do that. Now you've got regrowth, you get the bloody half and half. We've got that fucking Billy eilish it. As a fifty year old man. All you have to say is everyone knows. Yes, everyone knows well know. We all know.
Speaker 3: We might not say it to your face, but we're saying it behind your back.
Speaker 1: I do appreciate the kind of man who will openly address it though as well. We're just like, yeah, you just ran the die through my here last night. That's fine, Yeah, that's fine.
Speaker 3: I don't mind that. It's just the ones hiding it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The most open man about dying is here that I've met. He's probably not open about it on here, but I'm going to say it anyway. Steve mccovett, he'd come in after he died his here, it's like, yeah, died the last night. He's the different one's not quite the same. I was like, I'm going to respect that. I got to respect that. If you shut up your addressing the fact that you've died, you here Stephen m.
Speaker 3: Speaking of which, he'll be tearing Barcelona a new one, wouldn't he see.
Speaker 1: He'll be I reckon he would have. I reckon he definitely would have tried to find Ben Ainsley to like shake hands and make amends. I don't think Ben Ainsley would have been up for it. Or should we start with the America's Cup then if we're actually going to talk about some sports, The America's Cup remains New Zealand's Cup, third time in a row, third consecutive. I need you already.
Speaker 3: I kind of knew this, but only four countries have ever won the America's Cup.
Speaker 1: Isn't it the oldest prize in sporting history?
Speaker 3: Australia, New Zealand, England, America?
Speaker 1: What's that now? Did America when it first? Yeah? So I don't know what. It's such a bizarre I can't so. I guess my first question is you've been saying, well, it's been going on. Does anyone care because we know it's not coming back now that we've won it, do you care? I know?
Speaker 3: And yeah they're coock teasing us as well, But of course the questions are is it coming back? You're going to race in New Zealand and Dalton's come with the well will never say never. You know, the door is always open. It's like boh shit.
Speaker 1: Sailing is just a long series of lawsuits and then every now and then a race breaks out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's all going to do with money. We don't have the money. No, we don't want to spend the money.
Speaker 1: No, but that should be part of it. It should be built into the things like, yes, we don't have the money. Yeah, it's going to be kind of lamer than if you're in Barcelona. But if you want it somewhere else, then beat us and come and take it. Otherwise we're going to be fizzing around like Topau next year.
Speaker 3: That'd be mean, or like Wakatipu that would be cool.
Speaker 1: That would be sick. Yeah, up and down in front of Queenstown. Yeah, that would be awesome.
Speaker 3: You have to chop on them in on some sort of kind of I don't know it will train train them in, train them in. They're big units. Maybe they have to build them all in Queenstown. Queenstown's now become a city.
Speaker 1: Did you know that? I did not know that it's tipped over.
Speaker 3: Thirty thousand is that which goes from a town.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I found this out this morning. Was okay, look, if you listen to the Hardache Breakfast, yeah you get a lot. It tips you over to what is known as a city.
Speaker 1: Do you need a cathedral because that was my understanding that I think that might be in England. Okay, my understanding was there was a population quota and then you also needed a cathedral.
Speaker 3: I haven't seen many cathedrals INENI no cathedral in coeens Down. Okay, So thirty thousand, which is what makes Timurrow a city as.
Speaker 1: TMURI got thirty tomorrow is about forty almost fifty year, so it's a city too. It's a city omor not suck it. Same with Ashburton that also sucks and doesn't have a really Ashburton.
Speaker 3: But that didn't Ashburton's population explode after the quake.
Speaker 1: Did they?
Speaker 3: Maybe they did they tip over their city.
Speaker 1: I don't think it did.
Speaker 3: Speaking of which, are we going to touch on that part of the world Mid Canterbury, Yes, stumbled at the last hurdle. The swampies took them out.
Speaker 1: They did, they did. The swamp fox has took them out in the in the heartland Championship final and to that I've got to say fuck made Canterbury. And actually that was the only league of our three way that had as well. Yeah it was a spikee being against Mid Canterbury and it came in only by half a point. But yeah, I don't know America's Cup. Do we just draw a line under it and say I don't care anymore?
Speaker 3: Yeah no, because now now it's going to happen law suits. Now they'll cockta is the fact that can come back to New Zealand. But New Zealand will have to raise half a billion dollars to do it, and yeah we'll go.
Speaker 1: Nah, yeah, why would we? Yeah what I don't know. I've never understood sports a lot. Yeah, but you guys have got to help us fundrais to do it. It's like, no enough people gave a shit about your sport. You wouldn't have to fundraise. The tickets would pay for it.
Speaker 3: Sal GP is going to be a good time though. Is here end of January and Auckland and the track for that try I say track of course. The course for the course for it is pretty sick. It's between the Harbour Bridge and the Fury Terminal. So it's a tiny, tiny stretch of water. It's not very wide, so you'll be able to see it from land, yeah easily, yea. So from the tank Farm and from Bayswater, Stanley Point all across there you'll be able to watch it. But that's a tight course, man, real tight course. So that's gonna be really interesting. That's going to be obviously the the black foils and there there's Pete Burling and Blad Choke again. They got a good thing going and they flipping flopping between America's Cup and sale GP.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the right time. It does seem look a good time. I'm watching him it. Let's oh, just before we do take a quick break, Lim Lawson. We were just watching him out in the office. He finished in the Formula one and finished what ninth, Yeah, he started and I just I thought he'd started.
Speaker 3: He qualified fifteenth, but he had to take a grid penalty because Daniel Ricardo left a turn on the seat before and when he left and retarda and he he was nineteenth on the grid and he finished ninth.
Speaker 1: Oh, he got in the points.
Speaker 3: That's I think that's the biggest that would have been the biggest goal what's the best case scenario in this first race, get some points.
Speaker 1: On the whole thing?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, no, not not with no way. That was miles behind the Ferraris.
Speaker 1: But shouldn't I mean this is probably a bigger issue with motor games in general. Shouldn't anyone be able to win any race?
Speaker 3: Nah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay maybe, I just.
Speaker 3: Although although between the McLaren's, Ferraris and Red Bull, they all those can win race. All those teams can win races, but the rest of them, something drastic has to happen in the race.
Speaker 1: It's another rich guy sport. It's like there are rules that prevent it being an equal opportunity for everyone, and it's just whoever's got the most money then will figure out who's going to win out of.
Speaker 3: Those days all the smartest engineers, Yeah, who command the highest paychecks. Is all right, Liam Lawson, he's won some points. Yes, he is in a full time seat. I say that in the office.
Speaker 1: Now, what's going to happen is this is what we do with as New Zealanders. If he doesn't go on to become the greatest race card driver of all time, we're going to say he's a failure. Now because he's had early success and then we turn around and go Jesz really shipped the bed ever since the ended.
Speaker 3: Great stuff and he beat his team Sonoda, So that's always good. And I think he may have even just come behind Cagio pitti Is and the other Red Ball. He's rumored to take his seat full time next year and race alongside the strap On.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So they so that teammates essentially just in the fact that they raced for the same team, but they don't work together.
Speaker 3: No, got you got Red Bull Racing, which is the premier team with Vis strap On and pet Is, and then you've got what's it called kind of other Way Racing Bulls, which is the feeder team still owned by Red Bull. Right, it's the kind of feeder team into the main team.
Speaker 1: But those two cars don't work together.
Speaker 3: That are in Okay No, No, they're different cars, different engineering teams, different pit teams, everything, but it's just owned by the same parent company. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was wondering why he would take his mate out anyway. Okay, so he's scored some points.
Speaker 3: Oh he started a fight too, which was good with Fernando Alonso. So Fernando Alonso is like the boomer of the of the grid, the oldest dude there, and he's just grumpy airs And he has accused Liam Lawson of driving dangerously when they were racing for fourteenth and fifteenth in the sprint race, and he said afterwards, he said, I'll get him back, and he did. He pulled in front of him during his flying left slowed him down. Fernando Alonso pulled in front of Lin Lawson, Liam Lawson and Liam Lawson's.
Speaker 1: That, yeah, get over.
Speaker 3: It's racing. Yeah, this is what we do. Yeah, I ain't think the whole point of it. I don't think you're a Formula one driver to to have Fernando Alonso. Yell, let you a grumpy old man. Massive weekend the sport. There's still so much to get through. Let's take a quick break. We haven't even touched on the cricket, so we'll take quick break. We'll come back and talk cricket.
Speaker 1: Also the White Ferns who claimed their maiden T twenty World Cup title with they thirty two run victory over South Africa and Dubai this morning. Of course they came into the tournament with on a ten nail slide. Yeah, then all of a sudden, and I likened it a little bit to Stephen Bradbury last last week where all of the other ice skaters had fallen over and all of a sudden we were coming through. It wasn't quite like that, but it was the all of the teams that had tipped us up. Yes, we're all of a sudden gone. Yeah, And it changed the complexion of the whole competition. And so overnight last night at about what two three in.
Speaker 3: The morning, yep, wrapped up at six thirty.
Speaker 1: Wrapped up at six six thirty. This morning, we won the bloody World Cup.
Speaker 3: Yeah, world champions, World fucking world champions, and convincingly too, convincing over South Africa. I mean they were paying twenty ones before the tournament, and someone who was this morning said they got on them at twenty one's pre tournament and they got on them at eights before the knockouts, yeah, and had a great weekend.
Speaker 1: So I think we on the ACC got on them at about eights as well, did we. Yeah, there was something in there that filled the kiddy up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Oh no, that was that was top scoring revenge or top scoring the first innings.
Speaker 1: Oh, we got that one as well that one.
Speaker 3: Too, but yeah, great they were Hopefully they're parting their asses off over there. Do by get out to the parm Atlantis, get on the rooftop bar, yeah, and tear Dubai a new one because they're going to come home where no one saw this coming. No, no one saw this coming.
Speaker 1: And so good on them.
Speaker 3: They've proved all the doubt as us included when they came into this World Cup with like you were saying, it's ten run shit.
Speaker 1: Ten slide. Yeah. Then they won three games in the pool matches and then haven't dropped on since. Ye, So powerful stuff from them. And then also over the weekend, the Black Caps beat India in India. I think is it the third time ever?
Speaker 3: Yes, first time about thirty odd years yeah, last one was in that kind of eighties.
Speaker 1: So third time we've ever been in them in India.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, yep. And I must admit I was nervous. I was scratching around when India got one hundred and ten run lead. Yeah, I was like, oh shit, but didn't need to worry.
Speaker 1: They did not need to worry.
Speaker 3: Between well, Young and Revendra came home won by eight wickets, and I must admit looking at that Indian team potentially the most out of shape international sports team on the planet. It's something I'm Kate Moss, but like just have some self respect. I don't know. And they played that game so recklessly in that first innings. Even in the second innings there were some moments where I was like, what's going on here? So I it'd be interested to see how they approach the second tiers Indians, because if they get tipped up again or don't perform, the questions are going to be asked around their attitude.
Speaker 1: Well, they'll be burning ifs in the street.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I mean that the next pitch is going to be turning square, so that's going to be Mauldi terrifying.
Speaker 1: But whoever prepared that last pitch will go missing?
Speaker 3: Correct?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Family, Yeah, Well I don think that all the rain didn't help because it just kept the.
Speaker 1: Juice in the wicket.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but a great performance from Ravender, great for betting performance from Tim Southey and nowhere brought us home as well.
Speaker 1: It was a shit. It was a good weekend. Yeah, it was a powerful weekend of sport. I just want to bring this to your attention. At six forty one, PM last night someone brought a black Caps Supporters Support Group T shirt. Now at that point we would have been less than fifty runs required to win.
Speaker 3: People, I don't I don't blame this person. I was going through the same emotions because when Latham got Sawn off for a duck and we were one down without scoring a run, I.
Speaker 1: Was like, oh shit, any game where any match where there's a team out for less than one hundred and one of the innings, yes, it's always hovering over the rest of it, even though we both scored four hundred in the next two innings. And look if this.
Speaker 3: Helped that, this purchase of this Black Cap support of Support Group T shirt helped get them over the line in terms of managing their nerves and emotions, then it's job done for us. Yeah, And I think to celebrate it's got a note from Joe Jury, who's in charge of the a SEC shop. He has got half priced Steady of the Ship hats. Oh until they run out in a celebration of this cricketing weekend. So half price Steady of the Ship Hats. Just use the code word Kiwi Kiwi on checkout and you will get fifty percent off steady of the ship hats until we run out, So get onto that if you want to get your hats for the summer.
Speaker 1: I was wondering what he was doing with all those hats and the football. We went to the football over the weekend at Auckland f C. On Saturday night. It was actually at about five o'clock, so the sun was up for that. I sat down in the south stand with all of the port was sort of just in front of me. There they were going bloody hard. It was a great experience, like it was interesting to me that the team hadn't existed until that game. And a lot of people on social media calling us bandwagon fans for being it was the first ever game. Everyone's a fucking bandwagon fan.
Speaker 3: I think they meant bandwagon to the game of football potentially, Mane And to those people, I would say, I'm not a fan of the game of football. I don't enjoy the sport at all, but I'll jump I just want to see what it's all about. And this is why, again I've been saying this the whole time about soccer.
Speaker 1: They're the worst fans. They're the worst of us for this exact reason. We're not fans of soccer. We went along. We want to be a game, to try and get involved in people. No fucking fans, Well no, I never come again. I want to be a fan, so do I. And God they were going hard. There's that crew with all the flags and that the port and before the game they were standing in the concourse just next to Fritzswenas there and jumping up and down and singing and shouting their head all their chance. Where they practiced those I don't know, like do they did? They put a hymn sheet up online.
Speaker 3: They all met at Tyler Street Sports bar in town, I think right, But I think they've got little little Facebook community group that they share stuff on practice. They bought something and but a bit a bit of controversy coming out of the back of it though, because they had a traditional Marty welcome the warriors, but no one told the players how to react to it. And the players came out and they faced the stand and they had their backs to the.
Speaker 1: Apparently cause a bit of sound might in the stands.
Speaker 3: What do you mean, what's the controversy you wear? You got a couple of funck South Canterbury's, which was good. Yeah, a couple of sprays from the guys walking past, which I personally enjoyed everywhere I.
Speaker 1: Go, and that's with my message. She's like, do you know, was like no, and they just yelled fuck South Canterbury. That's a long, long story. More people in the comments been like, what's all like, tagging me, like, what's going on? Why is everyone? Why have you turned on South Canerbery's I haven't. I've somehow become the face of a franchise that didn't lose for five years and so yeah, people just screaming at me. But it was good. I thought, a couple of work ons, a couple of work ons if I could. For Auckland f C's next game, they tried this horn. Oh my god, that was so bad. It didn't work. Poor Finn can Eat Mesh from The Hardacky Breakfast Show. He was the ground announcer and he he had to go over and blow the horn that was gonna call the guys into the pitch, and when he blow it, it just didn't work. It was a bit of a well what it was.
Speaker 3: It was a traditional air assault airhorn that he was putting into another larger horn.
Speaker 1: It was just never gonna work.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think I think that that has definitely work on. They've got Sydney FC this weekend back at go hard, so that's definitely a work on.
Speaker 1: And then the other thing I was going to say is when there was a bit of a hocker and a cardhonger calling everyone into the stadium. When that was going on, and the guys were chanting in the stands at the same time, and then the players were out on the pitch as well, it was like ghost bumps. It was fucking awesome. Been the fog horn thing. And just have those guys calling the port into the stand so have them doing the cart hung out on the field. Then you got these guys coming over the hill of that chanting. Then the players come out of the tunnel. Yeah, go at all angles. Yeah, that would be That would be sick. And another couple of points of feedback. I know that painting your face is a big part of football culture and football fandom. Unfortunately half of the Auckland FC colors is black, the blue and black. There was for my liking too much black face.
Speaker 4: Well the blue was too dark, the blue was too dark, the blue was finding then turned to the society, You're like oh, oh shit, and I reckon I would have saw probably almost double digits black face.
Speaker 3: So that was oh, look, these are all these are all very sensible work on for this weekend. I went up into the port and I got I think I scaled about three beers. I got yelled you know the rules, and a beard chucked in my hand. So that was good.
Speaker 1: That was a good introduction.
Speaker 3: And I also got in a bit of trouble for what looked like me buying pals for underage kids.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and look a lot like you buying pals. Yeah, would you describe what happened? I look, it was just for theater. I took that pals off those kids immediately after we filmed it, So no ten year old's drunk pals just throwing it out there. Great, and it would have never happened if it was export ter as well. Correct. Final final piece of feed back fleers great powerful. They were flips. There were about three or four flips.
Speaker 3: I don't think the fliers are they like smoke bombs. Isn't it a flip? Na, it's not a The proper flers are the ones that burn it like a thousand degrees, you know. Yeah, they were just they were quite clever actually, because they were very small, quite effective for they were just like little smoke, very effective smoke bombs.
Speaker 1: The probably first first issue with it the security guards had no idea how to deal with them, because one rolled down in front of a security and he looked at his like like, there's that explode?
Speaker 3: Is that a firework? What there?
Speaker 1: You know how they've got the buckets overseas to chuck the fliers in, They don't have any of that, so they don't really know what to do with. The second thing is as soon as one popped off, Lauren, who works out in the office with us, she goes, it's a boy, And then I realized a blue flear it looks like a gender reveal. I think we need to lean into that and just go full gender reveal every week and have signs it's a boy. When we let the flair go Auckland, it's a boy. I reckon that'll be a go. I never did get into the corporate box. I was gonna let off the first ever corporate flair, but I didn't see one there, so it's still it's the line on the world's first ever corporate flare.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and look and not to be out shown. The Phoenix a scrambled a draw in their opening match as well. Down there in Wellington went all, yeah, you know, we're copying a little bit of heat from Phoenix fans. But hey, look this is a shiny new thing that we want to play with that's up in Auckland. Let us play with it for a little bit and bring on the derby in two weeks.
Speaker 1: Times. Also, we can be bought, yes, like one hundred percent. We we're not above selling out correct, and so reach out Wellington Phoenix. We've been paid nothing from Auckland FC, so you know, twenty bucks.
Speaker 3: I didn't get ship by any merch. Do you buy any merch?
Speaker 1: No, the merch cues were massive. The merchant is quite cool.
Speaker 3: They have they had done so well to get that much merch out before this game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everyone was kidded up. Yeah yeah, people are flags and shit anyway. Yes, we can one hundred percent be bought by any football franchise anywhere. But yeah, Aukland. You see that a flyover? Was that a halftime? No, that was before the game. Yes. Uh. And the last thing was I was sitting up in the south stand there were these punishing kids who were running around or jacked up on candy floss and whatnot. And they were desperately trying to start a Mexican wave. But the problem they dealt with was the port splits the South stand straight up the middle, and they were all in their own world, those port thoughts. They stand the whole time, singing and chanting, waving their flags. It's a barrier for the Mexican Wall. A Mexican wave cannot get through the port because they're not look at.
Speaker 3: They're like Donald Trump, Yeah they are. They built the wall to stop in the Mexicans.
Speaker 1: They have and it's super effective. None of them are getting through. Maybe that's what they should do in America.
Speaker 3: They the port a full line of football fans, Yeah, singing and chaman.
Speaker 1: I reckon it a work, but thoroughly enjoyed it. And the other thing is it's going to be going throughout summer, so Mount Smart Stadium in the summer's just going to be delightful and the beautiful summer sunshine out there. All right, let's take one more quick break and when we come back, yours please.
Speaker 2: Yours please, Brought you by Leader Home of the.
Speaker 1: LA First Caller here actually sent that they ran out of time, so they've sent two back to back, so I reckon we'll play them back to back, so call it yours please.
Speaker 5: Hey fellas and a missage. About a month ago I talked to about the great divorce of New Zealand football and unfortunately you guys picked Auckland FC. And you haven't just picked them, You've gotten to bed with them. You've took an alley looms Coke mooney and you're up in the box disgrace. Anyway, I just want to know, are there any ACC members that are Phoenix fans? Do we at least get Lee Baker? And will you show face at the cake tin on November second, because we will be there. We're petted off and another thing and a divorce. Who gets hurt? It's the children? And who are the children in the scenario. It's of course the mainland meathead rugby wounders. And they don't want to hear.
Speaker 6: This fucking soccer football chat. They're fucking pissed off, they don't care a fuck. They're fucking on their traptors. They don't want to hear it. And I would just like to extend an olive branch to the mainland, meetad Rugby Wounders. Your Phoenix fans, unless you're from South Canterbury, you can get fucked.
Speaker 1: Fu Yep, good stuff.
Speaker 3: Firstly, didn't accept any money from Ali Williams. Weren't in a box.
Speaker 1: Also didn't turn down anybody would happily except absolutelys weren't offered.
Speaker 3: I look, I mean we are in bed, we had a good time, we share the crap out of each other on Saturday and I'll go back again on Saturday. So unless the Phoenix can offer up something a bit funkier in the bedroom, yeah, I'm sticking with Auckland f C.
Speaker 1: That's right now. The Phoenix do take their shirts off at least whereas Auckland f C don't.
Speaker 3: Although I did see a few of them do it. Really I saw in that second goal some few of them took their tops off and I think that was more of a finger to Phoenix fans.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, to wind them up.
Speaker 3: And as you get to tell by that message, it's fucking work.
Speaker 1: It's worked. It's worked. It's an organic rivalry straight off the bat as well, which is great.
Speaker 3: Ali Williams said something interesting in the day. I say, what's going to happen with the derby, Like, who I mean, is it Auckland v New Zealand, Auckland v Wall goes mate, it's New Zealand versus Wellington. It's like they suck all our money dry down the air. They're taking all our Texas. They just spend it on lattes and craft bet the whole country and ne scip behind us when we go down there, and I was like, Okay, good luck with that.
Speaker 1: I yeah, I feel like that's the perception of Auckland to the rest of the count trick. I don't think that's how people think of Wellington.
Speaker 3: I don't think we need the rest of the country in Auckland. They don't need it. So it'll be interesting two weeks time that derby down and Welly. It's going to be a cracker. Lee Baker must be a soccer fan, right, Oh yeah, To answer that question, Paul Ford. Paul Ford is a die hard Phoenix fan. He lives in Wellington. He goes to all the games. Lee Baker, maybe he looks like a strikes me as the kind of guy be a football bat. He is a true blue Orlander. There's nothing more. He drives a Tesla.
Speaker 1: He owns a.
Speaker 3: House in Auckland, but he now lives in christ Church. He's not going to be a next tent.
Speaker 1: But you got put forward. D's all right, another caller here, You're okay.
Speaker 7: I'm great to see it. The Sea game on Saturday, good work for you, fellas. Yeah, just rewatched the replay this Sunday morning. The game had everything except for one thing. I was missing that one thing. No, you promised a flare. There was no fucking flea in mate, don't make false promises and get my hopes up like that. No, wonder if Fox South Canneburgh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well hard to get your hands on a flair. And what I thought was the fler turns out is not. It's just a smoke bomb. So yeah, someone needs to actually anyways, Paty.
Speaker 3: Can get fleers is from marine stores.
Speaker 2: Yea.
Speaker 1: I was going to say where would you get a flair.
Speaker 3: And they usually read because, yeah, a blue flear.
Speaker 1: Particularly if you're out at sea, it's probably not going to be too helpful. No, that's the thing I need to I need to start canvassing shops around, particularly as we come into guy fawks and be like, hey, I'm having a gender reveal it's a boy. Yeah, can you get me what's the biggest blue flea you got? And then I'll bring it in the next weekend again. If I can get into a corporate box, I will let off the world's first corporate flair and probably the world's last world world's only ever corporate flare, and I'll never be allowed to back it out smart again. But yeah, sorry, I did let you down there, and I will be better. Another caller here yours please.
Speaker 8: Happy Monday, my birthday over the weekends, and receives the lovely acinek great great gift for a lifelime black hair supporter in the day, one acc supporter back in the day when you head to sink in your bloody radio to the TV, how do we giggle at the g lane penis In the fact, my kid's favorite page was when I think.
Speaker 1: He got censored there then to him, I got I don't know.
Speaker 3: The favorite page was when your ass. It's probably that picture right at the end where there's a picture at the end of met he's putting a frozen popping candy frozen banana up my bum. Yeah, which was a client It was a client promo gone wrong.
Speaker 1: It was for hel pizza. You know brief you get from clients.
Speaker 3: It's like, just have some fun with it, Like just do a photo for social media and just have some fun with it. You know whatever, man, whatever you guys want to do. So I dropped my pants and he pretended to it and set it into my butt and then we put that out and they're like, not that, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Not that. This is the thing where that's one of the most bizarre, Like everyone wants to advertise with the ACC until they get it. Everyone wants the ACC until they get it, and then it's just disaster. We we're talking about client sponsorships. There was a pizza place that was sponsoring us one time and they sent us some pizzas and they wanted some pizzas delivered to Hosking, remember this. So they dropped them off in the morning and they were delivered to me. So I was like, yep, sweet, here's all these pizzas. I didn't know about the hosting part of it, and the delivery guy didn't either. He didn't tell me anything. So I we just tuck in and eat all these pizzas. Then I get a phone call. Did Hosking get his pizzas. I was like, I don't know, did you send them to them? No, they were got said to you. They were supposed to go to Hosky. I was like, well you didn't tell me. Oh no, What's I was like, is Mike Hosking a fucking eight in the morning is going to eat a pizza?
Speaker 3: So if you could even get it into his studio, can you imagine him in his like Maserati with a pizza.
Speaker 1: Yeah happened. Absolutely not. They didn't.
Speaker 3: They break into tears and they start crying.
Speaker 1: And the and the worst part was I'm still quite new into the business. And I went to text one of my mates here at work and because he was like, oh do you do we no need to do this thing today. It's Friday afternoon, And I said, Madam at the pub, we'll deal with it on Monday. But I actually sent that to the sales rep and looked after the pizza company who was beside himself that asking didn't get his pizza, and mate at the pub, we'll sort this out on Monday. And so I've got a tearful call on monday. Man. Anyway, it's good. Hey, we've forgot one.
Speaker 3: The silver The silver funds, the Nitty beat Australia Nity and our mate in Wild one is Trothon in the World Series and Wild he won as well. And our pedal Foonds women's water polo hot canoe team ship A won. It's one of the great weekends.
Speaker 1: One we'll call here yours please?
Speaker 9: Oh hello, it's Lee from Maype here. I'd just like to say, on behalf of New Zealand, thanks to g Lane for telling us or to put our money behind India for the win. Half the country hadn't have done that. New Zealand definitely would have got wouldn't have got that win on that test match. So what a time to be alive? How good was that? Give him a taste key We thanks g Lane and yeah fuck some dudes, so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you. He's saying that you reverse cursed.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, Caps, Like, I mean, my pleasure. I copped a lot of people sliding into my DMS because I sat here this time last week actually and said, India, you're paying two thirty for the wind Yeah, double your money. Black Caps are paying fifteen dollars. I think I was like, stay away from that.
Speaker 1: Withdrawing a term deposits a siphon off some of the mortgage.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I've absolutely shaped the bead on that one.
Speaker 1: But reverse curse, reverse curse.
Speaker 3: All I can say is, is there anyone that's unhappy today about that result?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: Wow, that guy that put three hundred bucks on it? Oh yeah, that he'd probably be but upset about it. Yeah, but no, it's powerful stuff, all right. We didn't even talk about the I mean said before, there's so much we didn't talk about. We'll talk about the NPC tomorrow. We may even see and I don't know if he's aware of what seems to be a bit of a curse on this podcast, but we may even say if we can get Brad Shields back on, every person that's come onto this podcast has gone on to lose that week. Yes, so he may not want to, but I can't imagine he's listening to this podcast very closely, So I reckon he might.
Speaker 3: You're a care a fall for it will be dumb.
Speaker 1: Enough to come on the podcast again. So I'll put the feelers out there and we'll see how we go. Otherwise, we'll knock this thing on the head and we'll be back tomorrow for a Tuesday episode of the gender podcast you've been listening to.
Speaker 2: The ACC's a gender podcast brought to you by Export Ultra. For more episodes, like and follow on iHeartRadio for William. You get your podcasts