Speaker 1: This is an iHeart Radio New Zealand podcast Out of the Gates with Maddie McClean, Chris Henry and Brad Christensen. Oh it is.
Speaker 2: It is lovely to be back and through out the Gates style. In last week we said, oh, Brad's coming back. It's flying and he says, Yep, we're getting here. I'm a flying b on Tuesday'll see you boys on Tuesday night. What does he MISSA just this weeep pocket.
Speaker 1: He misses us and said, boys, is that a good Brad. It's a real good bad boy. I'm really sorry, he said he mucked up his his timing. He said, boys, have fucked up the time difference. I land Wednesday morning, so because I then ended up hanging out with his partner Cal over the weekend and Carl said, yeah, he did it to me too. He told me that there's landing on Monday, but he was leaving New York on Monday and.
Speaker 2: Then he put in the group chat, I'm back on Thursday. I don't think you know what's going on anyway.
Speaker 1: Welcome back, Cam, Yay, thank you so much for coming to our rescue.
Speaker 2: But like you know, when you're at the supermarket, and you have like a big hug. You see someone, you're like, so good to see you, and then it's like, I'll see you a bit later. And then just you wrote down the exile and you buy the eggs and you're like.
Speaker 1: Hi, you go down the exile and then you go down the like laundry detergent style, and then you're in the check out behind them, and then so what would you just leave your trolley and go home? Yes, you run every week.
Speaker 3: You're like, oh, like, if you have something on, don't worry about it.
Speaker 1: It's good.
Speaker 3: I'm like, what could possibly be going on in my life? There is nothing going on? Well, great, welcome to our world. This is the same with us as well. That's not true.
Speaker 1: Chris is a very busy man. But of course I just I just my only personality as works. It's all I do.
Speaker 3: I genuinely don't know when you're sleep though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how we get here, you know, centy of hours in the day and all that sort of dumb ship I was speaking of busy man. I'm not the one that's ran a half marathon in the last five days.
Speaker 1: Or you say it works. Your personality of fucking running as mine to.
Speaker 2: Anyone running and first of all mess of congratulations you ran very fast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm honestly as shocked as anyone. Yeah, for a few reasons. One like, I've had a dodgy calf. So I had a bit of a cold last week going onto it. Yeah, look I've had to look, I've taped up my calf like a true athlete. I had to shave my car. You wouldn't want that tape on the calf with you, No, I'm so I had to. I've dodger calf and my I've had a go to a personal trainer once a week and he said, get their tape a and put the tape on. He said, honestly it'll be you won't believe how much of a difference it makes. So anyway, then he said, and make sure you shave, because you don't want to be putting that over leg heres and I have surprisingly hairy legs, fun fan, and so I did. I shaved. I literally three medicine a line. I literally just got the clippers and just went down the back of my calf, but only the bit that I knew the tape was going to go on. So I've just got this like heirless section of my calf. But I showed Ryan, my husband, after I had shaved it, and I went in and I said, look, I've had to bloody shave my calf and he said, it looks really good, like your calf is really defined. It's like really working for you. So is this the start of something new? Might have to be because you know you eight years into a relationship, You've got to keep this spice alive.
Speaker 2: And tell you what, all of our gators would probably agree with you. Shaving the legs a great way of getting lace twelve.
Speaker 1: Let's let's put this potentially, put it into practice and see what happens.
Speaker 3: You've basically just given yourself a reverse landing struct I know.
Speaker 1: So so anyway, yes, thank you. I taped up the calf and the cold was fine, but it was so wind so windy. And that bridge, climbing the Harbor Bridge, I did the Auckland half marathon. Climbing the Harbor Bridge is a bit so steep. Have you done it? I did it last year? Did you do the half last year?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh my god? Regular sports billizer around here, No, not at all.
Speaker 2: Would you like to start the podcast as a bit of sports yet, so I'll sleeve you do it.
Speaker 1: You love it.
Speaker 3: I did love it, But it was definitely an interesting situation, like I'd had probably two hours of sleep and having a rager. Yeah, definitely having a rager. Like I actually think it was less than two hours. I think it might have been an hour. Got home at four point thirty, got up at five point thirty to go to the Fury and get it across the dimm port in my god. Yeah. My friend was like, you smell like tequila and I was like do I O?
Speaker 1: Who?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Well, the night before the half, I was like getting myself organized, and it was later at night and I realized I got because you have to go and pack up your bag. Yeah, and your bourb and stuff the day before or a couple of days before. So I had all the pack But then I got out my bib and my shirt T shirt that I was going to wear, and I realized didn't have any safety pin. But then I'll give you safe my safety pins in my bag. That's rude. And so I was like stressing, and I was walking around the house and it was probably like nine thirty at night at this point, and I was walking around the house trying to finally couldn't find me, and I thought, I'm gonna have to go to the supermarket because chances are they might have somewhere at the start line or you know, But I don't want to. I don't want to risk it. You don't want to be thinking about that the whole morning. No, you're trying to contract on the because you're an athlete. So I went to the supermarket at nine and thirty at night to buy myself some safety depends. And it might have been a bit a few slamming, like there might have been a few doors slammed on the lay out of the house. But anyway, I got home and Ryan said one of the worst things a partner can say to you, and he was like, should you not have organized this a bit earlier? It was actually almost ground to divorce. I was like, you did you call them seaword? I don't know if I don't know if I went the sea word behavior. Yeah, I was. I was furious. I was so mad. But anyway, then I simmered down and it was yeah, and that's what helped you get such a good time? The rage, Yeah, the rage like a radio. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now what I really want to know though, is obviously when Ryan did his sporting event, you are under strict instructions that you were to not participate in any of like being no noise.
Speaker 1: I was not allowed to make noise when he finished the swim.
Speaker 2: Because you are who you are. Did you request the epstort opposite? And did you get it?
Speaker 1: I didn't request it, but I was hoping for it. But I should have known that he's not the kind of person that would make any noise. So there is a He did come down to cheer me on at the finish line, and he did get a video of me crossing the finish line, but there's like no noise on the video. It's like completely silent. But he was there filming and he was there to congratulate me, and it was It was lovely. It's the participation that counts me. Yeah, and I got and I got a personal best, which I was stoked with, so very very happy. Well, we're very proud of you.
Speaker 2: I always thinking that the Aucto Marathon is that one day a year where you watch it and you're like, maybe I should do running about Juesday, and you're like, oh, maybe not.
Speaker 1: I was a bit jealous because there were like along the route, there's so many people come out of their houses to cheer you on. In the even bought the Copuna area on the north Shore, and so many of them were just like standing there in the pajamas with their coffees. And I was like, man, that would be quite nice right now, not having to be running up this hill just drinking coffee instead. I don't they give me your next weekend? Yes, but anyway, that was my weekend. How are you boys?
Speaker 3: Good?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 3: I'm trying to think what I did. I can't really remember. Last week was a big week. I went to a lot of concerts, so I think I had a pretty chill weekend.
Speaker 2: Flincher, Yes, as you were leaving here, you were about to go to Fetcher and you've been in her dms.
Speaker 1: So firstly, did we have some want to have some FaceTime?
Speaker 3: We did not have any FaceTime, unfortunately, but there was more DNS. I was like, get out of my DNS and get in my face.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Also, you're like, girl, you're in Auckland, like go and live your life.
Speaker 3: Literally.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a whole world.
Speaker 3: Up there to explore. But I did see on Instagram she went out.
Speaker 1: To Peehai traditional.
Speaker 3: I like it for like every artist who comes to New Zealand goes to p har. But the show was incredible. I think I was one of three men in the crowd. The other two were definitely a homosexual couple, and I did not see any other men.
Speaker 1: The rest were all just lesbians, like a ninety eight percent lesbian. Yeah, it was wild.
Speaker 3: I've never seen so many lesbians in my life.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I was like, go ahead, I love her. I love love her.
Speaker 3: She's like the modern day like straight person Britney Spears. I feel right like, wind it back to nineties Brittany obviously.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, before the here thinging and the dancing with a knife.
Speaker 3: Before all of that stuff.
Speaker 1: I kind of love the knife dancing Brittany. I don't know. She makes me a little bit nervous from a PR perspective, from a health and safety He's like, Brittany put the knives down, is what.
Speaker 2: It seems like one of those people that you'd be like, They're like, oh, oh, this is Brittany and she just like possibly just loads it in the STABU and anyone would be like, m it's the fans.
Speaker 1: They've done it to her.
Speaker 3: Can I drop one more name, and I promise this will be the last name.
Speaker 1: I have, no drop it, no draw.
Speaker 3: I was leaving Las Vegas after the IHAT Radio Music Festival one year, yeah, and I was standing in this like ridiculously long queue at like to give them your passport, passport check, whatever that's called. And all of a sudden, the lane next to me open, but no one was coming through it. And I was like, that's so weird, Like there's this massive cue and no one's coming through this lane. And then anyway, this woman starts walking up with a bit of an entourage and then she walks up to the front and I was in the aisle literally next door, and the lady checking the passport was like, ma'am, I'm gonna need you to remove your glasses. She takes off her glasses and her hat and it was Britney spears literally from me to you away.
Speaker 1: Now it was wild. Did she look in the right neck?
Speaker 3: I'm trying to remember what year it was. I think it was like twenty seventeen. Yeah, so it was kind of before all of the fallout had happened.
Speaker 1: It was conservative. Yeah, he was looking after it, yeah, big time.
Speaker 3: And it was real weird because I just remember being like she looked a bit like ghostly behind the eyes. And now after all of the stuff has come out, I'm like, ah, it would make it make sense.
Speaker 1: That's a big that's a huge celeb siting. That's that's almost as big as it gets.
Speaker 3: Really, I don't think I've ever experienced a celeb citing bigger than that.
Speaker 2: But also just doing such a such a I would say, mundane, and we're gonna shows they just like us, isn't it. They still had they still put their passport out, still take their glasses off, they still have to look at the camera, and they're still to get themselves through their fingerprints done.
Speaker 1: I was in New York once. This was years ago, and my I was there visiting Jack Tame. Lots of our listener are lots of our guys, well know, great human. He was living in New York at the time, and he was he did a radio show out of like a little studio and a massive like radio studio building in New York. And so he was doing a show and he said, come meet me after the show and then we'll go out for dinner and drinks and stuff. So I went down to the studio and I was just like loitering on the street waiting for him to finish, and all of a sudden, like all these paparazzi turned up and We're like standing outside the studio and I was like, oh my god, like what's going on? What's going on? And then I'm outwalked Lady Gaga and I was there like right there like this. I wish that I had preempted this conversation because I've got a fantastic photo like pet right there. I felt a little guilty. I was really in her face, but oh well, sorry. It was such a big such a big Chris biggest sleb oh sighting. Yeah. Oh, I don't know whether I have one to be on surely, well I have some pretty good ones, like from a through work and so Oprah. Oprah is probably the biggest one. I worked with her at once and she mocked me from my accents, relentless and a fun way kind of I wan to start with. But I was like, get over it. There I was. I think, I'm just like get I get. But she was amazing. Witherspoon, she was also part of that project. I love, I love the vibe of Reese Witherspoon. Yeah she was.
Speaker 2: She's great, good value, but not from a sighting perspective, I don't think it'll come to me.
Speaker 1: I sat down at the table in London once at a cafe when I was living over there, and it was like a big long shared table situation, and so I went down and there were two guys sitting at the table and me and my friend wanted to sit down and have brunch. And then so I said to the guy, sorry, do you mind if we jump in here? And he was like that's fine, that's fine, and then he turned around and it was Sam Smith. That was a big one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's fun. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think living in places like London or New York, like just really see these people. Yeah, not like sort of us living in Central Auckland, you know, we were sort of like, ah.
Speaker 3: Lord out walking once.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I saw lord Ones out walking and she was wearing a bright red trecksuit and I smiled at her because I just was like, oh, it's Lord.
Speaker 1: You looked at me like who the fuck are you? And I was like yeah, Jos, but also like you are my smiley all the time. Just honestly, I think there is maybe the one solebrity. I haven't ever really even had one of one with lords. I think I've ever seen her in the flesh. That's sort of like Auckland Bingo. And when I first moved to Auckland, it would be like the things that you need to like go and see outrageous fortune ours. I lie stet star, I lie. I saw her at Mustache Cookies, Mustache the cookie place. I saw her one anymore. I don't think oh no, no no, I think it is.
Speaker 3: This one they have the bus now.
Speaker 2: Ah yeah, yeah, oh my.
Speaker 1: Goodness, there's a real good photo. It's my ladder Gaga photo. We'll post it to the grand Yeah.
Speaker 2: What I also love about it is it's like very true of the time. What sort of filters you.
Speaker 1: Can You've got Valencia it might be it might be a Valencia, Yeah, and you could do the little like blue as well.
Speaker 3: And the what's the thing around the outside.
Speaker 1: I think it's really really like like it sounds like the oh.
Speaker 3: Vignette or something.
Speaker 1: I don't know, God, this is really of the time. I'm just going like the nixt photo along was one where you could do like a color accent as well highlight a specific color in the photo. What year was it twenty thirteen? Oh yeah, what a time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have another celebrity site to here we go. When I was in the UK, we were staying at this farmhouse and Blink one eight two had just played at Reading Festival. We're being to Reading Festival and we were at dinner one night and this guy walked past and I was like that, dude looks so much like Travis Barker and not really thinking much of it. And then the like monday after we'd got back because were away at this farmhouse for the weekend. The monday after we got back, there was all these videos of Travis bark Baska and Courtney Kardashian at this farmhouse.
Speaker 1: Wow, it was wild. So he was it was him, Yeah, sliding doors a.
Speaker 3: It's just like, wow, could I should it?
Speaker 1: Would have? This is quite a good one for the Gators. Actually, should we put it up on the graen? Definitely your bestlib side celebrity siding.
Speaker 2: And also, I reckon, let's not make it like it has to be the world's most famous person.
Speaker 1: Maybe it could also be like.
Speaker 2: The world's most novel person, like in a weird scenario like or just a great story behind it, like it could be a it could be a low level solib but you had a great interaction with them, or the.
Speaker 1: Frescost lady at the dentist. What's another one, like share bolt at a peckin safe outside of a cargo. Yes, yeah, I like a unique. I'm here for it. I'm here for it. We'll put it up on the Grand and we'll report back next week. I love it. I was gonna say, you won't be here, but Brad will fuck something up and you will never you'll get the call up again. So now before we get.
Speaker 2: Too far into our news to Edmund, so congratulations to all of those people that entered into our choice of arm competition. We had our second double pass near way for his concert in Auckland. And the answer was in terms of what was the incorrect answer, It was a The question was where the statement was he was born in Australia, Cameron.
Speaker 1: Where was he born South Africa? He's a South African razy razy yeah new Well, a lot of people knew, actually almost everyone to be here.
Speaker 3: Those were the days when he used to make YouTube video and talk all about his early life and everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I forget he was a YouTuber before he was a pop star.
Speaker 3: It was a whole coming out story and everything.
Speaker 1: God remember back in the day when all of those YouTubers would post like thirteen minute videos coming out and everyone was like, girl, like, no ship. We all knew.
Speaker 3: We've spent the last five years watching your every movie of your life. It's no shark, honey.
Speaker 1: I think we're well across that.
Speaker 2: Well, look quickly, congratulations to Alla, who's our winner this week.
Speaker 1: So she's got the del pastor Yay, fantastic.
Speaker 3: I know, Alla, do you if it's the all a I'm thinking it is. She loves a free concert ticket.
Speaker 1: Fantastic. Hope, the's no negotism in there. It was very was very I no you were fear you were very fair.
Speaker 2: Because we'd like a segway just segueing off the coming out story of Troy Savann. We finished the podcast last week. We went home, we see goodbye to Cam to never ever see him again. But there was a development in the Shawn Mindez saga. Big development, huge development. So when we last caught up, the status was is that he had written a song and the lyrics of the song were like, you know some you think I like boys and girls, but I don't really care.
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna I'm gonna throw you under the under the bus.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna throw to you cam. Can you tell agators what happened after that?
Speaker 3: Well, basically he was doing a concert and he basically came out and said his kind of experiment and I was like, oh, okay, a lot has changed in the past probably eight hours.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because it.
Speaker 3: Was literally the night before that he was like, you know, this is my sexuality. I don't really care what you think my sexuality is anymore. And then it was just like full blowing here, I.
Speaker 2: Am right and awesome and if that is if that's what you were saying, Sean, no, my heart and I literally we're always got room at the table for one more what and what.
Speaker 1: There were a lot of people saying, I hope he's not doing any kind of like silly queer baiting or anything like that, but that sounded it sounded genuine to me. It sounded from the heart.
Speaker 3: I genuinely don't think he would do that. I know that there are some artists that kind of do play into that realm to a certain extent, but I just think if he has spent so long trying to shut those rumors down and has made such an effort to be like, I'm not, I'm not. It would be very weird to then turn around and be like, oh, I'm experimenting. But hm, good for.
Speaker 1: Him and as a good reminder that everyone's journey to like self discovery is so different. And even though lots of people have been speculating and trying to weigh in on his sexuality for years, that doesn't mean anything until he's like happy and healthy and to like acknowledge it or feel whatever he wants to feel.
Speaker 3: And I don't know about you guys, but people, especially like younger people, quite often ask like when is the right time to come out, And it's like, there is not necessarily a right time, not at all, And it's completely up to you absolutely if you want to delve into that and experiment or whatever, like, there is no timeline. Take as much time as you want, and don't take as much time if you don't want, like, just do whatever feels right.
Speaker 1: I also think I think we talked about this when we spoke about it a couple of weeks ago, that just because someone is in the public eye, it doesn't mean that we are that we have to be privy to every single aspect of their personal life. Yeah. Absolutely, things that they don't have to share with us and don't have to tell us. And we kind of have to learn to respect that that just because someone is a celebrity, we're not owed everything from him. Yeah, that's very true. Can we move on past the earnest and like really responsible for us? Yeah? What a time? The experimenting time? Come? Do you reckon? You? Wouldn't you? Though? Also port to port Absolute World Tour Literally is this NDA have a little try though? Is that? Do you think that's what they do? Is the libs sign get people to sign in DAS.
Speaker 3: I know multiple people who in the days when One Direction we're on tour have signed in DAS And that's all I'm going to.
Speaker 1: Say, you didn't sign the NDA, but obviously they signed the NDA and then immediately.
Speaker 3: I've literally been in bars when like bands will be with their security and the security will go up talk to a girl and then they'll be like, oh, like such and such wants to have a drink with you. They'll take the girl over to have a drink with whoever it is, and then X y Z whatever, nda off they go. It's bizarre.
Speaker 1: It is strange, but I guess it's It was also understandable because in a world where there's photos, videos, there's so many tabloids, blogs, all the rest of it, it would be very easy for someone to go and have an encounter with a celebrity and then immediately share anything very much so, and you know that is probably I think probably some people will think this is a bit silly, But that is one of the downsides of the idea of celebrities, isn't it. Like not that I think this is a beyond end or.
Speaker 2: Of our lives, but I can't imagine that they're getting where it was just a sneaky little dick pick every now and again, like no face, but still like having fun with that, yeah, and how to meet people, right, everything comes with like ulterior motives and this like weird thing of like are.
Speaker 1: You sleeping with me because you want you're genuinely genuinely attracted to me as a person, or are you attracted to like the fame?
Speaker 3: And then there are other relationships with celebrities where it's like it's all just pr and like one of them will have a movie coming out and then someone else can like jump on board that pr train and it's or both of these people that are in the same movie, and then they end up in a relationship and it ends up selling more movie tickets, or they've done a song together, whatever the scenario is.
Speaker 1: There are some celebs i'd sign the NBA Fast Saltely Top three, my my top, my top for a long time. Literally literally Henry cavill I just find him so yummy. So every every photo oh I see of him, I'm just like just exudes this like sexual magnetism.
Speaker 2: I just oh, okay, who would mind be? I think Ryan Reynolds is up there. I think it's very traded and very funny and funny. Maybe a Hemsworth, Yeah.
Speaker 3: I do love a hymns Worth. Although I got to stick with my girl Mailey couldn't go Liam.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, because she's at him.
Speaker 3: I had the biggest crush, And then after all of that stuff with Melee, I was just like, nah, could never go there. To be honest, for me, it always has been sure Minde's oh okay. Well, I interviewed him once and it was probably the happiest twenty minutes of my life.
Speaker 1: Well, it's a real straining.
Speaker 2: You're a loved up now, may otherwise you could be getting out orange Facebook out and standing outside this the theaters around.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sure you're old mate would understand. Oh yeah, there's got to be an understanding, right at a certain level, you're just like, go for it, oh deaf, go for it? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, Speaking of that, did you guys see on the incident this week that I'm Getye which is one of my favorite queer websites. They do amazing clickbaity online articles. They did the nineties heart throbs, every closet gay boy secretly love could.
Speaker 1: I could totally guess who they want are? Do you want to more? Oh?
Speaker 2: Waly, let's do it this way now, we do this all the time. I think you're a lot older than I think, But how.
Speaker 1: Do you get me too?
Speaker 2: So you're thirty two and I am thirty nine, and you're a little bit younger thirty eight. Okay, so you might not know some of these, but should we just do a quick run through some of the people that they have got here?
Speaker 1: Jonathan Taylor Thomas Home Improvement. Home Improvement also the voice of Young Simba and the Lion King the original Lion King. Wow. Matthew Lawrence wat you, Laura? So you know him? Yes? Is he from Boy Meets Will? Yeah? Freddy Prince, Oh my goodness, I mean you can tell something about that. These are all like real clean cut little twins. Did you a couple of things about Freddy Prince Junior? Yeah? One, you've got to give him props. Still married to Sarah Michelle Gella like twenty something years later? Wow? Two? That do you know they bring out a new I know what you did last summer? Are they actually? They are such an iconic movie? How good pockets? How else do you think she'd be on the list? And I'll tell you whether they're there or not. I would say Josh Hartnett correct, Devin Sawa Yes, Ryan Philippie. I don't think I'm going to be is on this list. He should be. Maybe he's less nineties more early two thousands. What do we think about this one? Leo le DiCaprio, Yeah, young Leo was.
Speaker 3: Ju Yo're gonna have a combined party at some point. I just don't know when.
Speaker 1: He won't be remotely interested in you man, way too young to old? Uh? Yeah, young Leo man, he had a. He had a choke hold on us. Hey, don't yack. One's young Chris. You wish he had. It was more about the choke hold.
Speaker 3: What about Zach from Hanson? He was one yeah, yeah, first of a CD snap Hanson snowed in.
Speaker 1: And you're like, hang on, why do I feel like this?
Speaker 2: They've got like old school or teenage Prince William, which I kind of get in that.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, but he had to hear. Oh I know how you'll know. Matthew Lawrence, Yeah he was. He was one of He was the son in Missus Doubtfire. Oh okay, this makes sense.
Speaker 2: And then the last one on the list r Opa, but was a look had gorgeously is Heath Lecher?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Things I had about you? Yeah yeah, that was an iconic movie. Yeah he had a yeah. So yeah, hello nineties. You definitely made me feel all the things. So do you guys?
Speaker 3: Were you?
Speaker 1: I was a big like TV hits, magazines Smash Hit or smash Hits, and I used to always get the posters out and put them up on my wall. Is smash Hits like Top of the Pops. No, it was a magazine. So a magazine was like it was a folded up bit of.
Speaker 2: Paper, photos and stuff, magazine, a team magazine.
Speaker 3: Girl Friend or Dolly.
Speaker 1: Maybe a boy version, wow, like not a boy vibe. Just this was a gender It was gender neutral. But I would say more female skewed than male skewed, wouldn't you? It was very It was just it was pop culture. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you're a boy those days, you probably have a surfing magazine. Yeah, which I found like maybe I might have purchased for ulterior motives.
Speaker 1: But the great, the great thing with like a TV Hits or a Smash Its was you could be a closeted gay boy and still get away with buying it. And you would do what I did, which has put up posters of like Jennifer Aniston on your wall pretending like they were your crushes when actually you were just like obsisting over the Rachel Yeah that really that really cuts deep. Yeah, and then you'd like intersperse the Jennifer Aniston's with the the Devin SaaS and the Josh Hartner's. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The other guy that was on the list who rushed through, which I definitely shouldn't have, was going back.
Speaker 1: I was Joshua Jackson also, and my favorite coming of meat to queer movie call Intensions, which side notes getting a television series. Well, so, Ryan Philippin was in Crawl Intentions as well, certainly was.
Speaker 3: I don't think i've seen it, Ryan, Ryan Philippine.
Speaker 1: The Door, Well, you've difficult something to do tonight. Oh my god, it's so good Ryan. It is actually a really good movie, and I think it is one that would hold up. Also, Ryan Philippine's ass and Crawl Intentions was the gay awakening for a lot of men. I think, oh, definitely, I'm going to find you a little photo. I have to take my safe sitch blur off.
Speaker 3: You mean it wasn't off already.
Speaker 2: We don't put that one of the Instagram stories to get in trouble for that. The other really quep out of the film was the character that, oh wow, it's peach.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a nice peach, peachy bum Yeah. How do you even put a cup of tea on there?
Speaker 3: You could forget Kim Kardashian and her glasses. I just want a cup of in that bun.
Speaker 1: Delicious, I'm near. The other queer part of the film is there's a scene where.
Speaker 2: The Joshua James Joshua was what was josh Jacks Joshua Jackson character who's like was out and gay at the high school, just like rolls up from under the beard of the like high school jock.
Speaker 1: That is just I don't know why I was gonna sucked off the much less things on here. I don't know. I paused my sign. We performed filatio on just that really like Little Rubber the Corner of the Mountain, That's what I was just like watching it with somebody like else. But it was also an equal opportunist film because of course it hit famously had Sia Michelle Geller and what was her name? Oh this is it's going to really annoy me. Now I've done this recently, I want to say, no, somemer blear blear, and like's I think she's a Oh but yes, Salmon Blair and Sarah Michelle Geller made out in the movie like a lesbian curse. And it was a big deal, big deal. So you had Ryan Philip's ass for the gals and the gays. You had Siah Michelle Geller and Salmon Blair making out for the straight boys. There really was something for everyone.
Speaker 3: I'm having a small board.
Speaker 1: You are you are waitings all around.
Speaker 2: How good will you report back about how it's aged, because I feel like it would have.
Speaker 1: I think you're right, it would have. Definitely. I think it stands up. Yeah, I think it stands up.
Speaker 3: It's so funny when you watch a movie and I can't think of an example right now, but at the time you're like, oh, wow, this is amazing, and then you go back and watch it and you're just like, WHOA so Ryan.
Speaker 1: So there's five years between me and my husband Rhyme's five years younger, and the only time I remember that there's an age difference is pop culture references, like I'll reference as show or a movie or something and be like, I don't know it. And there have been also he just was not really a consumer of a lot of TV or movies, whereas the outdoors. Yes, it was my whole life. It was all I did. So there's been a lot of times over the years where I've said to him, We've got to watch this movie like it was I was obsessed with it as a kid, and then I go and put it on and then of course it doesn't stand up. And my nostalgia has like given me rose tinted glasses. With this movie, there's actually trash and I've made Ryan like sit through it and watch the whole thing. So I got to be really careful now to do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you have to get to.
Speaker 1: The end, though.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, there's nothing that annoys me. More like I've got friends who will be watching a movie and we'll get like halfway through and they'll be like, I can't watch it. It's terrible, and then we'll switch it off and I'm just like.
Speaker 1: What are you doing.
Speaker 3: I need to know, even if it's the worst movie in the world, I need to know what happens at the end.
Speaker 1: I do this really annoying thing with Ryan where We'll be sitting on the couch and I'll put the movie on and I will have seen it, and I'll be like, I love this movie. You've got to watch it. And then he's on his phone at really crucial moments and I have to like pause the movie and I'll be like, Hey, this is really this is an important scene in the movie. I feel like I felt like this is my life at home. Sometimes we have to stop.
Speaker 2: Times I make sure I sit on the couch we can't see if I can pick my phone up like I'm I am watching it does I'll talk about this one later.
Speaker 3: It makes me feel but if it makes both of you feel better. I have a couple of friends who when we're watching movies, bless their souls, like they know it takes quite a lot to encapsulate my attention. And if I'm on my phone, they're like, oh, Cam's not enjoying it. Should we watch something else, or like They'll put heaps of effort into trying to find a movie that they think that I'm going to enjoy, So I'll put my phone down for two hours or however long. The movie isn't.
Speaker 1: Actually watching way too long, aren't they they are?
Speaker 3: I'm pretty sure I have adhd slit me get back to what I'm doing.
Speaker 1: By tell you what.
Speaker 2: I'll watched a full season series of a television show VI tiktoks love.
Speaker 3: That give me the thirty second snap. That's perfect.
Speaker 1: Hey, just quickly, I saw and I missed this news Ken, but I saw you put a thing in the in our doc about Jason Kelcey.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is quite interesting. So basically there's a video that's gone viral. For anybody who doesn't know who Jason Kelsey is. He is the brother of Travis Kelcey.
Speaker 1: Did I get there? We did. Yeah, Taylor Swift's boyfriend, mister Swift, which is how our audience will know him. But for a lot of people, he is also a very famous like footballer in his own right, as is his brother Jason, very famous podcast together, yeah, which is super cool.
Speaker 2: His brother is actually the one that we're talking about, is actually more famous than the other one, being in the league longer and all of that sort of stuff. And then his brother came in, and then because they checked up with old Taylor, it's a catapult.
Speaker 1: Of the mouse. Say, that's funny, Like they actually are both quite funny. I've seen clips of them online and they seem very very funny. They kind of take the mick out of each other.
Speaker 3: Word yeah, fun Yeah, like a fun way.
Speaker 1: And for people who are very famous and very wealthy, they do still seem quite like normal, as normal as you could be and very down to earth and stuff. Yeah, this is a great for the story is about. This is my point, because I like I have, I have them in such high regard. Yeah, So I was disappointed to see what you put in the dot, but I don't really know the story.
Speaker 3: So basically what happened was Jason Kelcey was walking along and someone said to him, are we allowed to see the IF word?
Speaker 1: Well, we own it as a as a society, so we can. We can definitely say it. Okay, it's our word to say. Perfect.
Speaker 3: So basically, he was walking along and someone said to him, your brother's a faggot for dating Taylor Swift, which all of the news articles and all of the news websites have cut that but out of the video, and they've just posted the bit of the video where Jason Kelcey is like, I can't remember the exact quote that he says, but essentially calls the skuy a faggot, grabs his phone and then smashes it on the ground.
Speaker 1: He says, now, who's the fagot? Now that's it. Who's the fagot now? Ah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, So it's just quite an interesting one, like it's so yak, it's soyck it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And the thing I think we all forget sometimes is often in these situations, whether it's paparazzi or even just random members of the public, because now every single person has a phone, literally any person can be essentially a reporter and send that video to whoever and try and make some bank of it, which I'm pretty sure is exactly what this person was trying to do.
Speaker 1: I'm going to come at it from another perspective though, in that it is very hard I think in this day and age, where as a celebrity with phones and people filming twenty four to seven, because you know, my first instinct is just don't do anything, like don't react because you will be filmed no matter what your reaction is. But then it's like, that's shite. This guy just gets to get away with saying this and doing this purely because Jason Kelsey should be scared about the reaction that he gives. I'm not excusing his reaction awful, horrific, but I do feel sad that that they can just get so much shit directed at them and they've just got to like brush it off as if nothing's happened. I mean, we have all said shit in the moment that we've totally regretted and not meant yeah, I get you.
Speaker 2: But he's still he still knew the connotation of the word because he was able to use the English language to turn the guy's statement back around him and then just use that slur back to him like it was still a terrible by then telling somebody, now, look you were that thing, it just perpetuates it. And I think as much as I get your point about you know, you know it's hard. It's hard in the moment, but it does come.
Speaker 1: From a place of like you did what your heart said to do. Yeah, and that's yuck. Yeah, yeah, you're right. And also unfortunately, as someone with that level, you do just have to understand that you that everything you do comes with consequences. He is sorry, though, wasn't he? Yeah he has.
Speaker 3: He has issued an apology, which is good. But yeah, there are a million words in the English language. Don't quote me on that. It might not be specifically a million, but there's a lot of words in the English language that he could have used to come back to that.
Speaker 1: I'll quickly read what he said. He said, I'm not happy with anything that took place. I'm not proud of it. In a heated moment, I choose to greet hate with hate, and I just don't think that's a productive thing. I really don't. I don't think that it leads to discourse. And it's the right way to go about things, and in that moment I fell down to a level that I shouldn't have. I don't know, Yeah, it does sound very sorry.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'll give you the benefit of the now of the doubt in this scenario.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but also you're right like that does that came from somewhere, and that probably came from a place where for a long time that was in his mind a negative thing to be that to act that way to Yeah, I mean, natural justice is.
Speaker 2: Going to sort this one out, Like can you imasure like being at the Swift house from things and old Mama's Swift coming around the corner and being like.
Speaker 1: To say, so, sure, Swift, have we got time for me to talk about Christmas? We have to and it will be the last thing we talk about it. But we've got to do every way, no, no, do it. So we all know, like Policy Publics is a big fan of Christmas. We all are.
Speaker 2: It's a wonderful season. We're now in November, so we can say that Christmas is next month.
Speaker 1: Terrifying.
Speaker 3: What the hell?
Speaker 2: But I saw a great story online and I really wanted to share it with you guys because I felt like just I think it would take a lot the gators here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hit us.
Speaker 2: So Hallmark, massive big TV channel in America, are releasing thirty five Christmas films.
Speaker 1: This year alone. Wow, bewty five Christmas films, And I was like, what the fuck are all of these films? There's their bread and Butter, isn't it? But just incredible?
Speaker 3: Is it the same company that makes cards or the same company?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, they've really got like just seasons down pass ye. But I thought i'd have read through some of the SYNOPSISKA, and I was a bit caught by them because they sort of sound like another video that you might watch around Christmas, possibly on your own. Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So let me just read you a couple of the snops and you can let me know whether you think that this is a Hallmark movie or whether this is something else.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Hallmarchael Korn.
Speaker 2: Successful interior designer Eve finds a letter from Santra that promises she'll find love by the man by a name of Nick before Christmas. Eve she soon finds three Nicks in her life, as well as a mysterious Chris, who throws her journey into question. I mean, I'd watch that one based off the snops a salone.
Speaker 1: Because you know often in like an old school like X rated movies, Yeah, there'd be different. You'd have like four scenes in the one movie. So these are four scenes. Nick Neck, Nick, Nick.
Speaker 2: Grass, Chris Christmas. Yeah, what about this one? This is called Following Yonder Star. After a heartbreaking scandal of former inspirational TV mother, Abby.
Speaker 1: Finds a rumored in Airbnb. During a magical astronomical event taking her on out of town responsibility, she finds the true meaning of Christmas in very unexpected ways. I love it, but I'll give you my favorite. This one's called Dick the Walls. Come on, they knew what they were doing.
Speaker 2: Rose, an interior designer, returns home to try and save the Christmas charity house flip with her brother and her brother's breast fend the three rescue the project and find love.
Speaker 1: Along the way. That is filthy, that's rare, that's real. Three and the pink one on the stinks of the snow Mark, what are you doing, you filthy fuckers? But you know what they put your private browsing on, and you know what I'm watching all of them? Are you sure this was Hallmark? Yeah? Well, that's what that's what it says.
Speaker 2: But you never know if you if you're out there a love little Only Friends creator, he's a couple of little seque sorry storylines that you could trying to discuss around.
Speaker 3: I mean, deck the Walls great name.
Speaker 1: If you are an only what did you call it? Only only fans?
Speaker 3: Just so used to censoring talking about only fans that I was going to call it something else.
Speaker 1: Were talking about every dance?
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh my god, so powerful.
Speaker 1: Go deck the Halls all that. Anyway, Ken, thank you for coming and rescuing us this week. We won't say we've still got to go. We've got to go to the frozen vegetables now you'll be back and vegetables and all the souper mark guess I don't know. A throwback to the start of the conversation. We were talking about how we saying goodbye to you now, but then we'll see you in the next star at the supermarket. Perfect.
Speaker 3: I get it.
Speaker 1: It's a real Fourth War moment. That was anyway, braids, should we be should be back next week and for your sex, I hope, so, no doubt, with a few tales to tell, and we will see you again. Next week, Bye Bye MH