Speaker 1: Live from the Export Beer Guns Studios in Dunedin. This is the Agenda Podcast for Friday, the fifth of July.
Speaker 2: The Agenda Podcast, the home of Sporting nonsense, said clap Trap, brought to you my next sport Vulture.
Speaker 3: Good morning, late morning, welcome into the podcast.
Speaker 1: We're alive from the Dunedin office where full disclosure, I wasn't sure that I was going to be let back into the building.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you had an incident last year.
Speaker 4: You left here in disgrace last year because you borrowed a station vehicle from Enzi me HQ Dunedin. And let's just say you left it with like it's been exaggerated since then, but empty beer cans. Yeah, you left the lights on, so the battery went flat, which and I don't know the car park. Are you familiar with the car park? You can't get a toe truck down there, No, No, So they had to jump start it. Yeah, and it was full of beer cans and cigarette butts.
Speaker 1: Well, what happened was we were going around dropping off beers to flats around to need it, okay, and then we got back and we were like, you know, let's have a couple ourselves and we're in the in the car park and the car well, yeah, and the car park here is honestly like the Paris catacombs, so it was dead pitch black and it was terrifying as well.
Speaker 3: So we had to have the lights on obviously, and.
Speaker 1: Then we had a couple of beers and then we said, right, well we're going to duck off to the Octagon for a little bit.
Speaker 3: We'll come back and clean this place up. And then what happened was we did do part one of that plan.
Speaker 4: Yes, part two the cleanup.
Speaker 3: Probably needed some improvement. I don't know if we got that right.
Speaker 4: There's been quite a few pa of emails going back and forwards, not involving us, just via colleagues.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was one very pointed pass of email that was like, hey, MANI are and Lane Joe, Hey, they're going to be down there this weekend. And the reply was, oh, that's great, looking forward to seeing them. Just a reminder, please don't leave the lights on in the U in the car park and drinkle the beers and leave them all over the back seat. And then Diarry Butts in the estray of the ute as well.
Speaker 4: The thing is we do a lot because I remember our golf tournament here last year. I think I left maybe twenty dozen beers in the beck of their year. So I didn't get a thank you for that. No, So I think, you know, I think we're square. Yeah, I think we're square. I mean what we left them a lot of beers and not one. Hey, thanks for the twenty dozen beers. Thanks very much for leaving twenty dozen beers in the ute. Yeah, for us to consume. So I think we're square. I think we just sweep it all under the carpet and we're done.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll call it square.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we'll call it square.
Speaker 3: You're welcome.
Speaker 4: It's yeah, you're welcome. Jamie McKay, he's a big fan. He's a huge fan of the ex World. O.
Speaker 3: Great, Well, I think we're square.
Speaker 1: There were two boxes in our hotel rooms that we need to address the hotel.
Speaker 3: Situation as well.
Speaker 4: Did they get into your room?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: You had a twenty four box.
Speaker 1: Lane and Heath did not have a room. Myself and Joe had a room. When we checked in, there was only two rooms. They eventually found more room at the end. I think you guys slept in and a manger or something like.
Speaker 4: That, but not tonight though they said no tonight.
Speaker 3: What had happened was we booked two twin sheer.
Speaker 5: Rooms that was Afty Belch from the corner mics are hot, but they upgraded so it was just my name in Joe's name on the on the door, and they upgraded us.
Speaker 3: They're doing you a solid.
Speaker 1: It's just it's just a tilly as we'll up graageous. And then four of us shot like a ship. So we basically promptly went to the pub and we'll let you guys figure it out. And then eventually they did figure it out.
Speaker 4: They did. They left notes under our door, which would look quite way more urgent than what they actually were.
Speaker 1: Well, it was terrifying because I I came and well, I woke up this morning someone knocking on my door. I presumed it was you, and then they knocked again and I sort of like sat up, leaned to the end of my bed just the mandis, and some dude walked in and he was like, oh my god, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 3: It was like.
Speaker 1: The cleaner dude he thought was in that room because of the mix up, and instead of him seeing me and just leaving, he gave me this massive explanation as to what he was doing.
Speaker 3: I was like, I just get out, what are you doing? Like, I'm just here in my andies. Sorry because I thought that there was someone. I don't need the explanation, man, just get out. I'm here in my andy's. We're not about to have.
Speaker 4: A young So you went involved in the pussy right.
Speaker 3: I wasn't.
Speaker 1: No, I have no memory of the pussy riot because what happened last night. We went, we got into we got into Dunedin. We went to bagdrop Bag, drop through the bag at the back of the wall the hotel room, straight to the Kensington to have a little bit of a ricky feed twenty through the pogies.
Speaker 3: Then we went to another couple of bars.
Speaker 1: At the last part that we went to social club and the social Club in Octagon I made friends with a eighty year old man.
Speaker 3: Don't know what he was doing there.
Speaker 4: He looked like a mixture of Kenny Rogers and a corpse and the Wizard the Canary.
Speaker 3: He was a mixture of that, yeah he was. And then at some point there was a fight and I don't think I was.
Speaker 4: There for it, and were slow dancing at that stage to shape shifter it. But the Barbara, which has been described as a pussy right on Hurdaki, which is exactly what it was. It was like one of those ones where shirts came off. Really, yeah, a couple of shirts came off when I was in the same room as this.
Speaker 3: No that.
Speaker 4: When it spilled out into the octagon, it was a pussy riot of a lot of kind of yelling and screaming, and then when the girls get involved, a lot of.
Speaker 3: Squall, a lot of squill. Yeah.
Speaker 4: And then I was not involved until they knocked my beer over, and then I was involved. Big norm was involved, got Big Normy got in there to try and break it up. Big Normy was the peace keeping and basically Big normally became the center of that universe. And it went out into the octagon, and it came even funnier outside because all of a sudden, they're like, it's freezing out here.
Speaker 3: Water shirt off. This is why it's so hard to invade Russia. Hard riots.
Speaker 4: And so it was a girl fight, No, it was boy fight, all right, but there were girls squealing. Oh okay, Yeah, it was like it was like seagulls around a peggett of hot chips right, it was like a yeah it was. There was no it was one of those ones where no punches were thrown yet it was such a mealy Yeah it was. I'm surprised you went involved. I was hope half expecting you to come thundering out of the doors with old Off and really get into it.
Speaker 3: But it was still slow down. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I have no recollection of that at all, But that's what happens. This is, you know, the acc I don't think we've talked about this before on this podcast. I don't think any commentary team is a bigger fan of First Night Fever than we are. Nobody puts themselves on the back foot quicker than we do.
Speaker 3: But do you know what, Well, we're.
Speaker 4: Quite mature though, because we're a day before the game. Yes, we knew this was going to happen, so we're what we've done is a premium to strikes. We got here a day earlier. Yes, so we went on the back foot for actual game day.
Speaker 1: That's right, which is tomorrow, which is going to be you know, we'll be raring to go by then.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, we're just going to get through today.
Speaker 1: And if you're listening to this early enough and you're flying down to Dunedin.
Speaker 3: Are we still picking people up? Yeah? Look out for us.
Speaker 4: We've got We've got a coach there. Ye who's driving?
Speaker 3: I thought Richie was Richie Monga.
Speaker 4: No, he's driving tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, he's doing the game day shuttles.
Speaker 4: One of us have to do the airport shuttles. What I can't drive.
Speaker 3: I've had to kill a coffee.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, that's you.
Speaker 3: It's not me.
Speaker 6: I've got I had together her on my coffee as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it looks like it's Mania, but man I, well we did talk about that.
Speaker 1: Richie Monga actually does have his Class four and his endorsement. So look, as the guy who looks the most like richiemong out of the three.
Speaker 4: Of us, you've got a forklift license. Can you drive a forklift out there and.
Speaker 3: Just pick up a crate?
Speaker 4: Can you pick a creative passengers up and drive them back?
Speaker 6: Discussed speaking of looking like Richie Muanga, how both men Moana are me and Moana?
Speaker 3: Me and Mania? I tried to match Richard.
Speaker 6: The one thing we were we were spotted as athletes at the airport. Now bags were marked as members of the English team's bags, so so in fact, they tried to steal my bag. I had to argue with one of the guys. He was going, that's not your beg. I could see a pier of my under seeing the zipper and knew it was my bag.
Speaker 3: You came back, he came back. He guess he gets.
Speaker 6: Onto the English team's trolley because we flew down on the same plane as them loading on. I went over and said, that's my big guests. No, it's not that ours, mate.
Speaker 3: And you came back.
Speaker 6: I totally guess loaded that is my bag to walk back and did it. But I had a little tag on it.
Speaker 3: English team.
Speaker 6: It's an English team, so they and the same thing evaned when ice bag marked as the English team. So they've spotted us as athletes and then marked our bags.
Speaker 3: I don't know about that. I don't know if they did. I don't know.
Speaker 6: They spotted us as athletes, then go near your bag.
Speaker 4: My bag got solemn by some some tourists who stole my bag and then returned it. And he said sorry, I was wondering when my bag was so empy. Oh thanks mate.
Speaker 3: They did they they genuinely put tags on our bags. Yes, I saw it. It was like the English rugby team.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I was behind I was mentioning this with Matt on Herdigy breakfast that I think I had the three youngest members of the squad who had just booked a trip to Bali the guys, yeah, young English guys in the squad. And it came down with the snacks. It was cody the hour on the flight, so you could drink, but they were drinking but oh my god, they helped themselves to the vinegar and salt snacker Changi's like they took fistfuls of it.
Speaker 3: I saw that.
Speaker 4: And then Steve Borthwick, the coach, was sitting behind me, like was waving to the nutritionist who was at a long haired guy who had a big box of protein bars. And he came up to them and he went, guys, guys, if you're hungry, eat this, don't eat that, and they were like four bags deep. Oh okay, and he reached it and snatched all the chips away and gave them some shitty naffer. I saw that.
Speaker 3: I saw that as I was going, Yeah, I was.
Speaker 1: As we were boarding the flight. I was standing behind those. There was actually four of them. They were booking a place to stay in Bali.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was trying to figure out where it was. Was like, I've just got back from Bali. I could give you a couple of shit. You should have chipped in there. I didn't recognize the players. I should probably look them up.
Speaker 1: One of them was Emmanuel can't pronounce his last name, the worker.
Speaker 3: He looks exciting, small, very small.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, Marcus.
Speaker 6: Did you see Joe Marlt trying to go mar He did the prop you get to go into the toilet cepical sideways. I couldn't get in there. He was in there for twenty five minutes.
Speaker 3: I'm surprised he could close the door.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you've seen the foot Have you seen the footage of Andre the Giant taking a ship in the plate? No, he has to back and with the door open, and they closed the curtain because his head's still pugging out.
Speaker 3: Actually hear some.
Speaker 6: Storms behind Sam Underhill. Potious voice I've ever heard since the last time I heard be a girl speak on her?
Speaker 3: And was he talking about a vestments?
Speaker 6: Who's talking? These other ones? Boring the ship out of another couple of young young players. That's it's like a fantastic I put quite a lot of money into that six months ago. It's really showing some dividends and they're just really coming through.
Speaker 4: Stopped snak.
Speaker 6: I told you boys that it was a good investment, and I was thinking, Marly, when or lose that guy wins, because he's probably got some kind of there's probably some gentleman situation, a guy a richie kind of gentleman situation.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you why they don't muck around at the airport. They do that because I've obviously got a gear guy and a bad guy. So they get off the plane and by the time we exited, that bus was leaving. They just had their hand luggage and they were gone. And how much hand luggage did they have?
Speaker 6: Yeah, my fucking bag got taken off me and putting the toilet. They came down and said every member of the English team brought two pieces of hand luggage on filled the entire fricking overhead lockers. I'm trying to keep my my bag on a seat. They come, I push it under there and that she comes and goes, that's got to go on the snow to potot. We're putt it in the toilet. So they stored my bag in the toilet. So Joe Marhler, am I had to go and sideways and look at through your back probably engulfed the entire toilet in his backside beside my my carry on luggage.
Speaker 4: Speaking of a golfing in the backside. You gave me a suppository this morning.
Speaker 6: Yeah, listen to the Mat and Judy Dady Bespoke podcast if you want to experience that gulane.
Speaker 3: Put it.
Speaker 6: Put in the suppositories this morning, just just for content.
Speaker 3: What was the desired effect? Hemorrhoid.
Speaker 4: It's a hemorrhoid, so no damage. Obviously, if there is any hemorrhoids up there, they'll be dealt with. But I must have known. I wasn't. I was expecting a smoother experience. I unpackaged the suppository and it.
Speaker 3: Was like the tip of a glo stick.
Speaker 6: It's a bullet shape, but it's not it's glosticks, a capsule, sort of a creamy coind.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So it took me a while to get it up there, and so I found it eventually, and it accepted it wholeheartedly. You found it, you found your whole But then, but then, obviously I was fostering around there so much I had to leave the studio both ends. I was holding them up and the gem came out and goes, oh hi, and we went for a hug, and I was like, it's like, no, no, no, I need to wash my hands. I didn't explain why. She was like, okay, fine.
Speaker 6: That humiliated me because because I thought I I am looked ge Lane in the eyes and and put my suppository in.
Speaker 3: And I'm joking that's why.
Speaker 4: And then you did it. I was like, you've actually shoved something out around.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well I was looking at thee But then once again, even before you, this was before you did it, and it's like I forgot about the hands as well, and so I was feeling like I'd sort of put you on the spot, made you field awkward. And then I realized I had disgusting hands, and I felt humiliated. So I had to run off screaming to the bathroom to clean my hands. So that's you got to remember that putting in a suppository, it's not that it's not.
Speaker 4: Should do it in the bathroom, not a studio.
Speaker 6: You should do in the bathroom and a studio.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think in the studio, I was wondering.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, we did it in here when Gelane was doing this, heaps of people because it's like a this is like a fish bowl in here, like there's huge windows. Was beanned over trying to put up positive and there's about four or five people walking back up and down the corridor.
Speaker 4: We're never going to be Yeah, we've got we're already yeah, not welcome.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because after what men and I did last time, Yeah, yeah, we were supposed to be on our good best behavior and now we've already been involved in a pussy riot and you've been spoted putting something up your ass and the studio beat.
Speaker 3: The pussy right, the pussy right. It was one of the best discustions.
Speaker 4: Are we going is we're gonna talk about some sports?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, let's take a break. We'll come right back with some actual sport.
Speaker 1: Yesterday just before well we recorded the podcast at about ten o'clock and then immediately after that they announced their team.
Speaker 3: Now, I've had sources in the All Blacks camp.
Speaker 1: For you know, a good few years now, but since Race has taken over, the sources have become a little bit less reliable. Yeah, and you know, yesterday I had to do some things that I'm not proud of to those, you know, sources.
Speaker 3: Obviously I can't go and do children who it was that I had hostage, you know, but but I was lied to by my sources, and my sources are did to me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because it was a capital two wasn't here, Yeah, there was.
Speaker 1: I just about got it right. The two that weren't in there was. I was hearing black Adder instead of Female, but actually female is starting, and then I was hearing Boden Barrett but it's actually Stephen Pirafittter.
Speaker 4: Yeah. The Cheese makes a starting line up, which is which is interesting, I guess in terms of not say form, but game time. I guess because obviously Boden's been in Japan and as.
Speaker 3: On the bench.
Speaker 4: Yeah, to be fair, Yeah, so I'm quite I'm okay with the Cheese being back there. I'm okay with it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just was he the best fallback in Super Ugby this year? Who was Reuben Love? Yeah? Probably Reuben Love.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I probably even put Shawan Stephenson back up there. You really, I don't know what Seawan Stevenson has to do to get a call up to the All Blacks.
Speaker 4: I didn't he didn't cover himself in glory this year. Last year he did. Last year, I think he had a right to say I should be playing fell Blacks this year he was a bit injured. Yeah, it was a bit up and down, and then the games he came back weren't great. Yeah, it wasn't as usual, It wasn't the it wasn't the standard shooter ye that we saw this year than we had in the previous years. There were all these stories that.
Speaker 1: He'd signed a contract with the NRL and blah blah blah, and he's gonna leave.
Speaker 3: Yeah this was before, not this year, but last year before that.
Speaker 4: Would he be a winger in the NRL. Yeah, probably a fallback, to be fair, I don't know. I think fullbacks and league need to be a bit bah. They're always running it back like that's there are a couple of like real whipp it quille skinny fullbacks, and the Warriors traditionally really struggle against those kind of duds.
Speaker 1: But yeah, no, I think I think I think anyone that goes over to a rugby league will just bet a winger.
Speaker 3: This is what they do there. Yeah, it's like when a league player comes over to rugby union.
Speaker 4: Second five ye straight yeah, right, smash them scene next tuesdays straight up the nuts.
Speaker 1: So we put out a video uesterday of all the nicknames of the players if you want to get yourself up to speed. But the group, Taylor, Lomex, Barrett took lot, which is a bit of a surprise.
Speaker 4: I thought, I don't know if it's a surprised oh to me, because.
Speaker 1: I thought that his knee was actually buggered. I was like, for sure, he just came back just to play in that Grand Final.
Speaker 4: But he's now he's in the check he played the final. He can't now say I men, yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: It's like when you say your crook and then you're like, oh, but I'll go down to you know yeah, and.
Speaker 3: Then on Monday morning, all yeah, but I'm still grow.
Speaker 1: You weren't crook when you were brawling in the octagon on a Thursday night.
Speaker 3: Was the brawl. I'm just grateful that it was holidays, University holidays. Who weren't more people around.
Speaker 1: But you know, I just thought for sure that Patrick Swooplazz wouldn't wouldn't have been in there.
Speaker 3: But sure enough.
Speaker 4: But I think it's a good place for him to start because I think he'll play sixty and then Tuperva you will come in. So I think that's I think that made sense.
Speaker 1: Look Jacobson on the bench, TJ Peter starting as well at the number nine jersey, which to me says that Razor thinks he's going to be.
Speaker 3: There or thereabouts for the next few years. I reckon, I reckon, this is a signal of.
Speaker 1: Because why you know, we're as far away from a Rugby World Cup as possible. It couldn't be any further away. Now is the opportunity to bring a youngster and he don't give him rips. You don't want to lose because you're the coach of the All Blacks. So I think this has him being like TJ is my guy, teachers my guy, and like we said, someone needs to lead the hacker and.
Speaker 3: Someone needs to lead the hooker because it is not going to be Scott Barrett unfortunately, or we could be wrong. It would be quite funny if it was. Oh it was.
Speaker 4: It was a man of selection.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hell, it was a home man of selection.
Speaker 1: We mentioned that we were on the flight with the English team. Did that change like seeing the English team assembled, did that change how you think this game?
Speaker 4: Is going to go all black setting. Plus I thought it was going to be tight then I having witnessed, I don't know. They they are very young team. I don't know if you're young. I know, like someone said, well you're an old man. See they're fine, I am, but they were. There were some exceptionally young dudes on that in that.
Speaker 3: Squad, booking a trip to Bali.
Speaker 4: Yeah, booking trips to Bali, eating all the snacker Chani's on the plane.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I didn't fill me with confidence that they are going to come to Duned and beat the all Blacks, no knowing having looked at the team teams that have just come out of the back of probably the best super rugby season. Yeah for some time, with the likes of some penny female and to a polo two coming at you.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And I looked at them and I'm like, I think you're going to get tuled up.
Speaker 1: I thought that exact same thing you've got, you know, off of too fussy. I was looking at the guys on the plane as though watch one is going to tackle off its on off.
Speaker 4: Marla Joe Marler is about the only one I looked at and said he couldn't fit down the plane. That's the only guy.
Speaker 3: I was like, he's a man of huge significance.
Speaker 4: Yeah he is.
Speaker 3: He's a road of national significance. Yeah.
Speaker 1: They couldn't get themselves a private jet down there. I asked one of them as well, I just can't be the private jet now.
Speaker 4: But the all blacks travel traveling in New Zander as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's saying that they should.
Speaker 4: I don't know, but even a private jet only can take what can I take? Like fifteen people?
Speaker 3: I'm not the ones I'm going. Yeah, so there was.
Speaker 4: It was half the plane.
Speaker 3: I was thinking.
Speaker 1: When we got on, I was like, thank god we don't have an air force or this flight would get shut shot down.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Luxan was like, as Matt he said, if it went down on the Sudden Alps, there was some good eating. Oh, there was some getting who would you be the first? Who would you eat first? On the English team? So it goes down, we land, We land in three minutes of powder. The front half of the plane gets immediately killed. We're in the back because we've got bumped to the back. Front half of the plane. All English squad meds who and they're preserved so we can we can put them on ice, so we can get them out of their seats and just put them line them up in order of who we're going to eat first? Who are you eating first?
Speaker 1: Well, they also set the backs in the middle row in the middle seat. I noticed that, so there were forwards on either side and then are back in the middle.
Speaker 6: Do the human ice cream, Jamie George, you're eating him first? I think I think you're going in there. And also have you seen that prop Finn Baxter? Have you seen that little little private school.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's there's some crackle in that. There's some crack that if you.
Speaker 6: Can eat Finn there, Yeah, some smooth meat.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you can get a hot a fire hot enough.
Speaker 6: You can just slow roasted or come right off the bone, just melting your mouth, Fin Baxter. But the human ice cream, Fin Baxter, how.
Speaker 4: Long do you reckon? You could live in the Southern Alps feasting on the English rugby team.
Speaker 3: Oh how long years? Years?
Speaker 2: Ye?
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, but obviously summer comes around, you're gonna ah, okay, I'm presuming they're all going to be frozen, so you can just go into the deep freeze and grab an English.
Speaker 3: Player yeah, well if they don't go off, yeah, you know, if they don't rot. Yeah.
Speaker 6: I think Joe Marler would be tough, tough meat.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Joe Mauler akens Yeah, just I think you want to turn him into jerky. You want to probably dry him out, to dry him out, yeah.
Speaker 3: Sold him up. Yeah, some of those some of those outside backs though, they look like you know, you're probably a medium rare on those.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think it's just like a pan fry. Yeah, one minute each side and to let it rest.
Speaker 3: Who's the first five?
Speaker 4: Olie Marcus Smith?
Speaker 3: Marcus Smith. Not much on him, not much on him.
Speaker 1: He was chirping everyone the whole way down the flight as well, Like as they were all getting on, he was already in a seat.
Speaker 4: I think, Marcus Smith, I don't think you eat him, you keep him alive.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I think you do him.
Speaker 1: And straight away he was just chirping everyone for the moment they got on the flight.
Speaker 3: He's just give him people shit.
Speaker 1: He was going The guys that were sitting next near us, who were booking their flight to Balley on them the whole time. Joe Marler took someone's phone out of their pocket. So walking up the thing. They didn't see it, only me and him. We locked eyes and he was just like, sh did he put his finger to your lips? Yeah, basically as he pulled one of the outside backs phones out of there.
Speaker 4: That Marcus Smith has. His burst fade is extreme. Yet it's a faded bowl cut.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's exactly what it is.
Speaker 4: So it's not a it's known as a low tape of fade, but his is so severe. It's long and it just goes in on about a forty five degree angle to a to.
Speaker 3: Skin to skin.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's interesting, it's agressive.
Speaker 1: I've never seen sharper fades on a on a sports team in my life, and I think I wonder today because they've been in New Zealand for a couple of that but almost a week now.
Speaker 3: They've definitely had haircuts, so they've had haircuts. Who cuts the here?
Speaker 4: They maybe maybe the I think it's called the razor room and Takapunas.
Speaker 3: Oh right, yeah, swear they do some sweet fades.
Speaker 4: They dm them to the Oh my god, the razor room. Don't get me started. In the razor room, forty bucks kids are in there for forty five minutes. Yeah, I reckon about half a centimeter comes off.
Speaker 3: When did haircuts get so expensive?
Speaker 1: I feel like barber's forgot themselves through lockdowns, Like we were fine with at you guys. You know, it's like airlines, and we bailed them all out, and we're like, look, just don't forget when all of everything goes back to normal, don't forget we.
Speaker 3: Bailed you out. Don't forget that.
Speaker 1: I was, you know, having domestics with my missus and the bathroom while she's cutting my hair and absolutely butchering it.
Speaker 4: You shave it off for a good three years, the full shape.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think so, the full kind of anyway, So having seen the team, you think thirteen plus thirteen.
Speaker 4: Plus I I was. I was thinking of them a good eating Yeah. And the end I've seen, I don't know what it is. Part of me is like I think we've got this and got it comfortably.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think just purely from the fact that we're battle hardened. We're straight out of Super Rugby. There's only a two week break. These guys have come out. Most of them are Hurricanes, Chiefs and Blues. They've been at the point of the end.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thirty plus, Yeah, I hate did it change your opinion at all that seeing the English team, did that change your opinion how tomorrow is going to go?
Speaker 4: Did it?
Speaker 6: Actually? Because I put some happiness insurance down at full sixty? Everyone is yeah, because I was like, for sixty that seems I talked to Jkta actually John Kiwan with big glasses.
Speaker 4: Yeah, with the Thunderberg guy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, the Thunnerberg go with the huge glasses, and he said, four suxy is outrageous. That's outrageously good eating because this English team very good side to be playing all year, you know, the the All Blacks first game with Razor just got together almost like some kind of all star team situation. So good eating at for sixty. But they were just some of them were just so posh that you realize that not really playing. I think you know, they're not really playing for anything because they're all going to go back. There's something about being super posh means you just go back to the butler and the estate and you know in the end, you're still, Sir Johnson, the shiittest player, and the team's getting paid better than the best.
Speaker 4: Player our team, you know.
Speaker 6: So I just felt I just felt this that there's a softness about being that posh that makes me think that that and then maybe it's actually made me realize why we always beat them.
Speaker 4: It's like if a guy had stood up in the front of the plane and shot gunder beer, if it's stabbed with a Swiss army knife, slammed it, crushed yet and gone and set down.
Speaker 3: I'm like, yeah, we're in trouble.
Speaker 4: These guys are on these guys are on one.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: But but when you've got a Giant Steak, Giant one hundred and thirty Cagy Steak just talking like beer grills and being really really polite and helping everyone with everything. I mean, god, I wouldn't want to have anything to do with with with Joe Marler. Joe Marler like that. That would be terrifying, having that guy coming at yet but just so polite.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So I just actually thought that I'm not going to need that heap.
Speaker 3: I wanted to hate them.
Speaker 6: I wanted to They're lovely, They're all very very friendly. Another thing that was what you were talking about, how easily they got told off by their nutritionist. The best got slapped on the hands having their snack of CHANGI snaps, their chips, which are great chips, great chips, but they were feverish for them and just just being told off like that just made them seem a little a little bit soft. I reckon you get some pushback from all blacks. Yeah, or they'd try and hie to pack it or there'll be something. Get out of here, two small packets with chips, mate, Get that protein bar out of my face.
Speaker 3: Mate.
Speaker 4: So we're gonna We've got a hunch we have to place minight. What are you thinking? I mean, I I was throwing out there, and this I always find with an English rugby team, they get an early penalty and they kick it. Yeah, shall we go first scoring play? English penalty? I think it's paying like three p fifty.
Speaker 3: Or something that is.
Speaker 1: Actually I'm trying to find match markets, so first scoring.
Speaker 3: Play because we will we.
Speaker 4: Will always kick for the corner and try and score the trial. I don't think we'll go three now, particularly at home.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And also it's you know, it's raised his first game in charge. He wants to send a message.
Speaker 4: It's a pain.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you can I can't find just on England. But I've got first scoring play to be penalty. Yes, that's a dollar seventy, but that's either side, that's either side. Yeah, first scoring team. Oh, here we go, New Zealand. England penalty three.
Speaker 3: Dollars fifty three. Yeah. I like that. Okay, but you're saying we're going to give away a penalty straight away. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think they're going to kick off into our twenty two and we're gonna get pinged early. Who who's the referee? Do we know who the referee is? No, if it's a Welshman or a Frenchman.
Speaker 1: It's a very funny question that you ask because it's actually not listed on the TB who the referee is, but it does it changes.
Speaker 4: If it's a Northern Hemisphere reef. I reckon they're going to go quite hard on them. Yeah, and I'll ping them for some minor rule that wasn't involved in Super rugby.
Speaker 3: That's so time I see. Yeah. So a first.
Speaker 4: Scoring play England penalty cack okay, sweet, three.
Speaker 3: Dollars fifty yeah. I like that.
Speaker 1: That's a that's a good value, I think, and in again that's otherwise not great value. We talked about yesterday and actually Heath was just saying, now, like a lot of people have got on the old Happiness Insurance England to win at four dollars sixty from Georgia.
Speaker 3: Is the referee Georgian.
Speaker 1: Referee Nikas the.
Speaker 4: Georgian referee. Okay, that's that's that's really trying to okay, I cat amongst the.
Speaker 1: My read on there is, Yeah, he's going to swallow the whistle because I think he is on the run. He doesn't want to be back in his home down They got a big gun on over there in Georgia.
Speaker 4: So do you reckon he But if he wants to stay in New Zealand, then he has to do the right thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right, and that's not penalized the ail backs. So that does change things for me.
Speaker 4: So I think, okay, you're changing it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I just I wouldn't be shocked defeated him to show up if he's in the country.
Speaker 3: I reckon he's just gonna go miss you know, it would just be like bugle this.
Speaker 4: It's like after the Commonwealth Games.
Speaker 3: Yeah, aught, these people came miss Sea. Yeah, Yeah, that's exactly. Yeah, that's exactly what's gonna happen with this guy.
Speaker 1: Because it's either that or he's going to go back to the Crimean peninsula, you know, and get busy with the with the.
Speaker 4: Ak's okay, So are you changing then to New Zealand penalty which is two eighty it's a Georgian referee, or you think he's still thinking?
Speaker 1: Do you think he's not going to blow a penalty at all? Or I think he's gonna swallow the whistler. He's gonna be like, I don't want to be part of this game, Like I'm just going to be out here.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to keep my head down.
Speaker 4: So what are you thinking?
Speaker 3: Using on trying? Yeah, it could be a right.
Speaker 4: So New Zealand try is two ninety shorter odds.
Speaker 3: Than England penalty. Yeah, it kind of makes me want to go back onto the England penalty.
Speaker 4: Now, Okay, I'm doing it because it's far more likely than follow the hunch. Let's follow the initial hunch and go there. Okay, is paying three fty done?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: It may shock you to know that I'm not a breast of the New Zealand sporting landscape.
Speaker 3: This morning, I don't know what else is going on.
Speaker 4: Well, it's Friday, It's the Warriors tomorrow at full fifty five. Oh yes, all right, well against the Doggies, let's.
Speaker 3: Take quick break. We'll come back and I will break that down for you, will you? Yeah? Probably?
Speaker 1: All right? Yeah, the Warriors are playing tomorrow. It's a hell of a sporting lineup. I think are they five o'clock?
Speaker 4: Yeah, five o'clock die Heindward and Ben Hurley have your commentary on that one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which is just as well too, because we broke this down at the start of the week. Of the seven games that I've commentated of the Warriors, we've lost six of them.
Speaker 4: And good news, who run. Joel Harrison is going to be on the on the on.
Speaker 3: The fader, on the ones right now. He is.
Speaker 4: But he is the good luck charm. He is the good luck charm. Speaking of the good.
Speaker 6: Luck charm, if we fly on the Grim Reap, it down to the oh my god, no, hang on, team you support in another town.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, oh my god, what the.
Speaker 6: Lucky jep Definitely that I'm not the Notorious pants Man. Joel Harrison's definitely a lucky charm for the last but the Grim Reaper. I'm looking at the Grim Reaper and he's definitely going to the game tomorrow.
Speaker 4: But is it a home game though I've traveled, but it's still my home. It's it's still my home if I traveled to Sydney or Melbourne.
Speaker 6: That's it's a real technicality because I guess it is a home game for the All Blacks.
Speaker 4: I guess you're going to use the technicality to use either way, aren't you. Yeah, if you're going to go, well.
Speaker 6: Well, it's really a test case because if we win, then then we know that the Grim Reaper curse, the g Lane Grim Lane curse doesn't work on your international side and that country. If we lose, that means it's just when you're out of your hometown supporting a team. All right, Okay, you guys, is a test test case. We'll get back to you on it.
Speaker 4: You guys, Taylor, the Grim Grim Curse, we have a way you want.
Speaker 3: We'll shift the go post after you kick it. But that is a that is a very interesting point.
Speaker 1: Have we inadvertently flun the Grim Reaper down to full South Bar Stadium?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 4: Look, who knows?
Speaker 3: Have you already placed that bit? Can we change it another bit? Though?
Speaker 4: As the English penalty, I think it's a bit of happiness insurance here as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not too bad.
Speaker 4: But the versus the doggie the dogg how the dog is going?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Really well?
Speaker 4: Yeah they are inside the top eight.
Speaker 1: A few weeks ago it was like, oh ship, the Bulldogs are in the top eight, and now it's like, oh, yeah, they should be.
Speaker 3: They were.
Speaker 4: They wouldn't who were They wouldn't close to being wooden spooners.
Speaker 3: Last year they weren't. They didn't do well last year. I feel like it was the Tigers. It was definitely the Tigers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, no.
Speaker 1: But the thing is, the last two years they've done a really good job of signing good players and they sort of seem a little bit like a PlayStation team.
Speaker 3: I remember Stacy Jones.
Speaker 1: Rugby League back on PlayStation you could bring all the players, and that's what they did over the last two years.
Speaker 3: So on paper, they've had this great team. They brought all these great.
Speaker 1: Players from other other clubs, but it just hasn't really he started to click. But it always felt to me inevitable that like, you've got enough quality players there.
Speaker 3: They brought Matt Burdon, and they brought Red Marney, and they brought.
Speaker 1: All these the fox Joshadow Carr who's actually injured at the moment. They unearthed a couple of dudes, Jacob Karez and Blah blah blah, I just sort of kick out.
Speaker 3: They brought in as well.
Speaker 4: Crichton kick out. He is terrifying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, he is a terrifying dude.
Speaker 1: And so you've got all these guys on paper who are like these guys were all great at one point. You know, individual players, there's only a matter of time before it starts to click for them, and it has started clicking for them, and that's the unfortunate thing for us.
Speaker 4: And it was we're playing away.
Speaker 3: We are playing away.
Speaker 1: It's supposed to pass down across the weekend in Sydney as well, which doesn't good or bad for us.
Speaker 3: Bad for us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the biggest issue that we have is if this game goes to overtime, we're going to miss Golden Point because we have to cut straight to the all blacks on the car.
Speaker 4: It's a hard cat. It's a hard cat.
Speaker 1: And the Yeah, and so you know, Joe's been dealing with Sky these last few days and there's been nervous about like, oh.
Speaker 3: God, what goes Golden Point? And the whole time we've just been saying, look, you've got to go to the we've got to go to the AB's. But also, how often does it go to Golden Point? Doesn't happen that often? You know, Bulldogs went to Golden Point last week. It happened.
Speaker 4: It did happen mid season when the Warriors went to Golden Point, we crashed into the Hurricanes. Yeah, game ten minutes into the Hurricanes. Yeah, not one complaint.
Speaker 3: No, it was the draw with the draw with the Seagulls. Yeah, so I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think it's worth tuning into the a SEC's coverage of both those games just to find out if that happens, just to watch.
Speaker 4: The technical difficulties are going to be dealt with.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Joehason Cities, he's on the desk for both of them, for both of them, and he said, it just takes me out of the ghost.
Speaker 3: Golden Point is leaving the Warriors. He's leaving.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, there is going to cause that's a civil rights situation. That is a possy riot, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, so that's worth the price of ad mession. I think this is going to be a tough This is going to be the real test of.
Speaker 1: Where The Warriors are aut you know, they won those two games that they shouldn't have, then they lost, then they beat the Broncos, the depleted Broncos side.
Speaker 3: But they can only play who's in front of them. Now. This weekend is going to be the real test of where the Warriors are.
Speaker 1: And the graph is so steep for them to get into the top eight, So this is gonna be the real What does.
Speaker 4: Your head say and what is your heart say?
Speaker 1: They both say the same thing, and it's that I think the Warriors are gonna win. I genuinely think the Warriors are gonna win. I just think that Tomty Martin and c ht had hot halves. The hot halves. We've latched onto something hotness. It's something that the Broncos did last year. They just had as many hot thirds in the team as possible. And I think that's, you know, it can't be overlooked. Life is just way easier for for good looking people, and so I think that that's the way it's going to go.
Speaker 3: My head and my heart both say that we're going to win.
Speaker 6: That one is the industry around the Golden Point thing just to got to communicate from the tourist pants man, Johel Harrison, he's not flicking it over to that.
Speaker 4: All yeah, he said, he's just seen this all text saying I'm on the I'm on the keys. We're not over.
Speaker 6: It's not not flocking over. If that happens, if that goes to.
Speaker 4: God, that's on you, Joel Harrison, because there is one hundreds of thousands of rugby heads who just tune in for all blacks who do not want to watch the wires try and fart out another drawer against the bulldogs. Okay, see that's on you, pantsman, is on you.
Speaker 3: All right, let's get.
Speaker 1: All right us head out to do the first run of our richies coach out to the airport. Yea for listening to this flick us message on Instagram, will come out and pick up for the airport.
Speaker 4: We've got Lazania toppers to drop off to flats as well, so dm us the acc and Z on the Instagram will come past you flat and drop off a boxer toppers and Southern frowed chicken toppers and maybe some refreshments.
Speaker 3: Yep, absolutely we will.
Speaker 1: So we're going to go and rip into that one right now. Thank you very much, gentleman. Lane Heath and Joe Juising on the floor behind us here now, and thank you very much to Joel Harrison for helping us out here.
Speaker 3: Leave those warriors on mate.
Speaker 1: We will see you guys tomorrow for the commentaries and then Monday for another episode of the Agenda Podcast.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to the ACC's Agenda Podcast, brought to you by Export Ultra. For more episodes, like and follow on iHeartRadio for William you get your podcast