Speaker 1: It's the flavor podcast network.
Speaker 2: Island Roots Auckland Ways.
Speaker 3: This one's for the Brown brothers and sisters who want to be one with themselves, their culture, their identity, their roots.
Speaker 2: This is Island Roots, Auckland Ways.
Speaker 3: Judy Baby, Hello, everyone, welcome back to another episode of Island Roots, Orkland Ways.
Speaker 2: How are you todays?
Speaker 4: Very well? We have been very well. I'm actually a little bit yeah.
Speaker 5: I am going to call in sick tomorrow and we're just having a conversation off the mic. Now. We wanted to do this very short into and out, so let me get to the chase. Use it.
Speaker 4: Damn sick days.
Speaker 2: Use your sick days. If you have a sick day, just use it. It's all good.
Speaker 3: Someone who I feel like doesn't really ever take a day off though, as our guest this week, which is Charlie for me, the.
Speaker 5: Bro is on twenty four truly bro. Sometimes this guy will be sleeping at two eight.
Speaker 2: Wild crazy to me.
Speaker 3: I guess it's different when you're appearing. I don't know, do you have a different pool of energy to pull from?
Speaker 4: Girl? I don't. I don't want to even I can't even comprehend that ship.
Speaker 2: But anyway, he's our chat with Charlie.
Speaker 5: Now, welcome back to Alan routs Auckland Ways, the Legionum the man himself.
Speaker 4: That's Charlie for man.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna lie guys, I've always wanted to be in the show because want to talk about coming. We talk about the show all the time every morning, but I'm like, why do we talk about this but I'm never invited. I'm finally here Bright, thank you very much for having me.
Speaker 5: Listen, Man, why don't you want other boys but me?
Speaker 2: Charlie's thinking, what's the hype about the show? Why are we talking about this so much?
Speaker 1: You know why? Because that's an award winning show. This on period period.
Speaker 4: Be specific podcast, what do you know about any who?
Speaker 3: Every episode, Charlie, we start with what we love about Home. Essentially, we're just going to talk about everything that we love about home. It could be something small, like a favorite meal that you used to have growing up, or it could be something from the current place that you live in and money do it period. But we'll let meds start first so you can get a feel for how it rolls.
Speaker 5: I love when my neighbors are ont home. Speaking of neighbors, we were talking about neighbors.
Speaker 4: So I've got a.
Speaker 5: Sheer driveway, three houses with a third house, so we're at the end. And I help my neighbor's car last week because it's crazy something. First the first house or the driveway, they're all good because.
Speaker 4: If you have a garage, you park the cars and.
Speaker 5: The garage second house. For some reason, they want to show off their cars. So they've got a double garage camp for two cars, and they park their two cars directly outside of the garage.
Speaker 1: Doore, You're right, that's that's showing off.
Speaker 5: And because we are a sheer driveway, if they're parking like that, we have the narrower space to get in and out.
Speaker 4: And so I help my neighbor's car coming out the other day.
Speaker 1: Good job.
Speaker 4: And because I'm a nice person, I said, you know what.
Speaker 5: I'm going to pay for your trick ass CA. So I lift a note and then they confronted me that night, and I was like, oh, here we go confronted. Yeah, and they were like knock knock, hello, hello, and me and my flapmate were out on the deck. Come out, Oh, so is this your four wheel drive here? And I'm like, yes it is. And he's like, oh, did you do this? And I was like yes, But as I see it in the note, I'm willing to pay for whatever peers need to be done being the license pent.
Speaker 4: And here's the other thing. Love the neighbors.
Speaker 5: I don't know them, but I don't want to see your Honda. What's the show off about a Honda bra.
Speaker 1: A Honda all this time? Off what you're saying, Like, Bro, they've got a Ferrari hold a parking Yeah.
Speaker 5: That's just what a ranger of MS. I do not want to see there. Nobody want to see that spoiler. That's somebody.
Speaker 3: I can't believe you agreed to pay for the damage, because then I feel like they're gonna put out their receipt and be like oh yeah and then this yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they might start pulling a quick one.
Speaker 5: I did take a photo, okay, and you know I hit the car because I was on my way to bf T and so I was, for my first time saying bf T have a drink every time every time we say bf T. So I'm trying to get to my six forty five class. Think the car, car alarm goes off, lights are flashing, and I'm like, am I gonna run away from this.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 5: I got out, took a photo and I waited for them to come out because the car alum was loudest. Then come out, and I was like, you know what, I'm gonna miss my class.
Speaker 1: You know what, But you're a good citizen. If that was me and I had to choose between putting a note out on a car or get to my bf T class, you know where I'm going.
Speaker 4: He's going to give this PX sire, He's going to get that gold.
Speaker 1: Middle already through the roof from the streets.
Speaker 4: Anyway. That's what I love about home when my neighbors aren't home, I love it for you.
Speaker 3: What I love about home this week is actually three houses down song Charlie song the Dream, which is one of my most favorite songs of all time. There's something I wish I could drive so I could put that song on and like be in my car, have like a reflective moment about my dreams and my goals and life the visions I have. But I love that song, Charlie, such a good song.
Speaker 1: Oh thank you. I'll tell you guys about that song later on. But something that I love about home two weeks ago and this is my family home we're talking about. I had the pleasure of going to my parents' house. It was a Sunday night, and you know, this little memory came back that we were all sitting in the lounge, Me and my siblings and our kids were all just playing in the lounge and jumping up and down on the on the chairs and things like that. And I go to my sister, bro we would have got the biggest hiding. We were jumping on the on the couches and things like that in the lounge. But there was no such thing as playing bull rush in the lounge, man, you know. And then my mom was moving up Sweet Rice Okay, so this was our this was our go to every Sundays, eight thirty pm. That will be sweet Rice come out on a plate and we're watching like a show you know what I mean, on TV with its sister act or whatever the show was.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was playing Rachel and thing.
Speaker 1: You know. So then we'll have our sweet Rice and then you'll get one of us that will get up and try and act out you know, from the movie and things like that. And it brought back those sweet memories, you know what I mean. While my parents are still alive. Our children get to come to my parents house and they all play and my siblings are all there, So that's for me. It is a blessing. And I love that about my home that we could always take the children there and the kids there when we don't have a babysit. You know, I saw this whole carry on and the sweet rice just makes it just that so much more better.
Speaker 2: That's so special life, the circle of life.
Speaker 5: Your parents must be so happy when the grandkids are all over at the house.
Speaker 1: They love it because you know, my parents stay at home by themselves, so it's it is pretty quiet at their house. So you're getting mom and day calling hey, bring the kids over and are you sure? It's like, yeah, bring the magazines. Quiet, Y's just me and your mom. We go to take the kids over there. Man, I swear only about forty five minutes. Hey, we are used you to come pick up your kids. Hang on, you've been calling me?
Speaker 5: Then where are you the mina switch up?
Speaker 4: Well, we love that, Charlie. We want to talk about.
Speaker 5: Your role on Flavor Breakfast Stacas Zorah and Charlie, you are the Charlie and there, how have you been settling ins al radio.
Speaker 4: How have you been finding it?
Speaker 1: You know what as I'm still trying to find my feet. You know, it's one of those things. I love this job because I'm learning something new every day and it's you know, sometimes in my previous jobs, I'd wake up and I'll be like, bro, what am I doing? You know, your your drive to work every morning, but you have your wives and your pro But here, like I feel that this is more of I don't see it as a job, you know, it's I have fun here. So I say this to my wife. I didn't even know what to call this if it's if it's a job, or we're just coming in and just say spin some yngs and put some life into people. So like trying to find my way around here, navigating Yeah, the space. It's it's quite interesting, and it's challenging for myself because you know, we talked about this off air. I can sit here and just spin a yarn all day long, you know, and for hours and hours and hours. But radio is completely different. It's it's more structured. You know, I don't know these little nicknames. You know, I'm still.
Speaker 6: What's a break?
Speaker 1: What's this? What's you know? So it's when I'm looking at our our at our breakfast sheet in the morning, I'm like, bro, well, okay, what's this?
Speaker 4: What's this?
Speaker 1: You know, I'm still asking myself these questions. And I've been in this role for about like eight months now. That's pretty fascinting, man. Or yeah, six six to eight months, I think it is. But you know, I've always wanted to be in this, in this in this realm where you know, in radio. Because on our Instagram, I usually had the segment on Fridays, you know how we have but like here we have every Fridays we have Friday Fields. Yeah, yeah, we pack our favorite song. So I had like Friday. It wasn't called Friday Fields. I've got what it was called. But you know, I'll go on my Instagram and I'll be like, hey, welcome back here, blah blah blah. You know what I mean. So this is our song for the Friday Man to pick your guys up. So I used to have my little segments and people usually get if you have a song, man throw it in the dms, requist it, and it was like that, and they used to go off every Fridays. So then I was like Hey, this could be a thing, and never in a million years that I think that will turn into something like sitting here at Flavor Radio and being a radio host.
Speaker 5: People will know you as the lead singer of Three Houses Down, which was born twenty years ago two thousand and four.
Speaker 2: I was four.
Speaker 4: I was.
Speaker 5: So take us through those beginning days of Three Houses Down. How did you decide whats your bros? That you wanted to start this up?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So how it started? We were always singing in choirs. My grandfather's a choir master. My dad as a choir master, and he wanted us to take a different route in terms of music. And there was a tellingquist night that happened and it was a church one, and my dad put our names through and we entered. But we were just gonna go do a cappella like Bois and Me star, you know. And my dad was like, no, that's boring, man. You guys do that all the time, quartet styles, you know, with church and fire size and things like that. Why don't you got to start a band? We're like, okay, what imaginary instruments?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 1: We had no instruments nothing. I didn't even know how to play an instrument. And that's why I could like relate to that movie because it's it's maybe a tonguein thing. So then my dad, you know, being my dad, he walked three houses up and this house had like all the instruments. They had drums, keyboard, everything, and they come from like a Presbyterian background, so they all know how to play instruments and they are gun musos. So my dad went over there and he's to the tongue and guy and he's like, man, my kids are are looking at entering this telling quist night and we're wondering whether you know your kids can help them out. And then like yeah, yeah, sure, you're beening them up. So we went up and we played the songs to these guys. International played the song this is a song we want to learn, can you guys play? It's like, oh yeah, started listening. Okay, sweet, this is how like gun of musics these guys are. They picked it up within like maybe fifteen minutes every night. Yeah exactly. We ran three songs with these guys, and I was like, holy heck, this is it. Yeah, bro, I want to do this, you know what I mean. So then and then as time went on, we into this, telling Chris Night we want it, and then the father of the children were like, you know what, you guys should just start a band. And I was like, m yes and no, because you know, I was still playing sports at this time, and in my mind I wanted to be an All Black or played in the Warriors, you know what I mean. So music was in the back burners really, and then we're doing the music thing on the side and still playing sports. And then it got to a point where because he's a Presbyterian pastor, and he said to us, you know what, guys, the music that you guys are playing is it's the Devil's music reggae. You know, like, you guys are talking about drugs and I'm not really you know, we're talking about loving all that. But he's like, look, I have a different vision for my children. Maybe you guys need to go off and do you guys own things and a nice way.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: So then we went three houses down back to my parents' house and I was like, bro, what are we going to do? Like, you know, we're sort of half committed to this and I want to go you know, I want to take it to a certain place, but you know, and my dad felt sorry for us. We couldn't afford any instruments or band equipment at this time. A week from the time we were dismissed from three houses up, my dad was then made redundant from his job. So he worked there for about thirty plus years. So this was back in the super annuation days. And like every cent that my dad was paid out from his thirty plus years or service, like, rather than putting it into a into a mortgage and all the bills and so forth, he pumped it all into band equipment. Wow. I swear like every cent like this almost caused a divorce between my mom exactly, you know, taking it, you know, take it up to to my mom or to his wife to discuss as there was just straight night. We're pumping this into the kids. So that was an investment into into us, you know, and the music. So we're sitting we're sitting out in the lounge and we've seen this big truck with us into our driveway. We're like, oh, what's what's happening here?
Speaker 4: We go out.
Speaker 1: I was like, are you guys at the right house? And the guy goes, yeah, we're dropping off equipment. Band equipments, like, oh, we don't remember getting anything like that, you know. My dad not long after pull up, was like, yah, yeah yeah, drop put it all off. He was like what are you doing. He's like, you guys are going to start a band. I was like, oh, boys, it's on. You gotta remember there was no YouTube nothing, so we didn't know how to set up a PA gear. So this was freaking and we're like, where are we gonna put all this equipment. We didn't even have a band house or a garage or anything. So my dad goes, don't worrying about that. We went to my mom's work. They just imported this factory, this big machine my mom was making plastic back in the days from Italy, and it came in with all this four by two like like nice timber everything. So my dad said, every day after school, what we're going to do is we're going to go and strip that timber and we're going to use that to build the band room. Oh my god, yeah yeah straight up. So my brother was doing construction, like, you know, showed after school, so he knew he had a fair idea on how to build things. So we ended up building the band room learned how to set up a PA. But then it was like it took us two years to sort of you know, get our get our a enterg learned songs and did a whole lot of work, broke a whole lot of money in the garage before we actually went out. So you know, two thousand and four, you know, the name three Houses Down was established, and our very first gig was in two thousand and four and Tully it was like we made Hollywood our first ever gig. I remember, like as if it was yesterday. We go to set up and this was in Maut Wellington on the corner of Mount Wellington Highway in Panama. Rodi used to be a pub called the Duke of Wellington back in the day before it was all cream Cafe and all these.
Speaker 5: Right there opposite the Windys.
Speaker 1: That used to be a pub called the Duke of Wellington, right And that was our very first ever gig in two thousand and four. This is when we said to each other in the garage, but I think we're ready, We're ready to do this. We went door knocking around all these pubs in South Auckland and nobody gave us a shot because one they didn't know who we were. We're way too young. I was only like fifteen at the time. Yeah, So then we went to Windy's and me and my brother sat there. We had fries between shared between four people. The struggle was real, man, and we looked across the road. We're like, but we haven't tried this pub. So then we went over there and the funny thing was the guy the duty manager at the pub at Duke of Wellington at this time was my brother's old rugby league manager. So yeah, we had it in and we said to him, look, this is what we're doing. We're wanting to get a gig in like you know, just even if it's forty five minutes. We don't want any money, et cetera, et cetera. And he goes, you know what, Saturday, you boys, seven o'clock. I'll give you guys a slot on Saturday. We set up, had a sound check, went home. Six o'clock. We left all to go to Jacob Wellington. As we pulled up into the driveway, We've seen all these bikes, like motorcycles. We're like, holy heck, this is a motorcycle show. Wow. Oh, brothers just gets better and better it was packed pack. So we were like high fiving each other in the van like yeah we got this, yeh. We hop out of the van, were walking. Bro, it was a sea of black powers.
Speaker 4: So it was like because of.
Speaker 1: So so it was like a like an event they had over there and were walking and we're like, oh my.
Speaker 4: God, oh my.
Speaker 1: I do not want to die, like that was a fifteen year old kid.
Speaker 4: One off note, it's all done.
Speaker 1: So then we get on and we're like, hikay, we're three houses down and bro, like you know, the crowd was just dead and looking at us like, bro, are you guys going to play anything? You know, guys, we played right four hour and bro, the party was lit, I'm telling you guys. So then we get and this is me saying like going to like a whole group of black palts, Hey, thank you guys. This will be our last one for the night. And then you get one guy from the back. No, this is where I and then I looked to the bar. My brother's manager at the time was like, you know, giving us a signal carry on, carry on, bro, I said to my brother been. So you know what we did. We ended up playing songs back to front, and like we ended up playing for four hours, man, twelve songs, four hours. But it just went to show that they knew that this was our first gig and they welcomed us with open arms, you know, after a couple of songs in and it was probably like the best experience because you know, for me, like to have that type of experience off the bat, like adult first gig. Bro, you can never go back from that, hey, you know. So it's like you're playing to black pearls and hope and hopes that your next crowd is going to be like just.
Speaker 3: Your Wow, that's incredible. Oh my gosh, I can't imagine. When I was fifteen, I had zero backbone, so I've been like shaking in my books.
Speaker 1: I was like holy for the But they ended up being you know, ended up being one of the best gigs too. Yeah, maybe because it was our first one. But yeah, that's not what people think, you know, with all these Patch members. For these people were having a good time. They were respectful, family, family, you know what I mean. So it was it was really good. And then at the end of the night, like bro, they helped us pack down. It was really good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know, someone whose dad was in the Black Power And I remember my mate was telling me, Oh, you know, when I was a baby, we used to have all these ice cream containers, and so they would stack they would stack all these ice cream containers around the garage, and I would always be curious as to whether or not I should open them. He was like four or five at the time. It opens one of the containers and there's a bunch of trucks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but we love Yeah, Charlie, I'm assuming that those Team twelve songs were not songs that you had written, but a lot of the three Houses Down songs that you do have, and the discography written by yourself or your family.
Speaker 2: At what point were you like, I want to start writing songs.
Speaker 3: I think I I'm reading to write some lyrics.
Speaker 1: You know what, when I was, when I was young, I still love writing, Like maybe my my English is not the best, but I just used to love writing, like Haiku's poems and things like that, which was funny, like in primary and a lot of my my my teacher is then for this is year? What year would that be? Six years?
Speaker 4: Six?
Speaker 1: Missus Griffiths, She said to me, but you're going to be a great poet one day Charlie, you know, so I was like, I didn't think anything of it because, you know, asked as a as a Pacific islander, we didn't embrace anything like that at their time. So I just thought, I don't do that because you know, everyone's playing supports, everyone's playing rugby or rugby league. That was like the stigma behind the whole thing is like that I don't want to be their guy. But like at a young age, I knew that, you know, writing was where my strength was. And I used to write leaders to Okay, I used to writ leaders to girls. Yeah, it voiced them in lyrics, but then you know, confusing. It was a bit of my stuff as well, and and it really captured a lot of you know, a lot of you know girls back then. The attention, yeah, attention, but you know, nothing happened, but they just thought, man, this boy is so sweet, like just through the writing. But then it was like I used to write songs when I was like in college, when I was at Saint Paul's, I was already writing music. But then again I just didn't know how to put everything together. It wasn't until I finished school and I was at work. One day, I was listening to a bit of you before they in the car and I had there was no like, there was no iPhones or anything to write on your notes. I had a one B five book that was in there, but inside the one B fire book was like all these big go notes and yeah, I just started writing, like you know, the inspiration came through listening to some U before then or that. I just started writing. And then it wasn't until after work. One day I was sitting in traffic and I was just humming along and I got the one befire book and I just started putting the lyrics and the melody together. And then one night, you know, I was like, bro, when it came to we did the song called dandy Man, and the lyrics was actually given to us by a guy named Wooded me Pudity rest in Peace, And I thought, you know, let me try it with his lyrics first and see if my melodies can fit in the lyrics, and then I can probably apply that to my own stuff. Yeah, And then when I did that, I was like, holy heck, bro, this is like I had a talent that I didn't know about. You know what I'm saying, and I unlocked that talent because I was just sick of singing other people's songs. And yeah, one thing led to another. I just started writing, putting melodies, writing putting melodies together, and I just started writing for other people and including general fire as well. And then that just went to another level and little man forgot about me.
Speaker 4: And now he's famous one.
Speaker 1: I mean, or that came to like came to light from a very young age, you know, writing. So I still write right up to now, like it's just and I don't use it. I don't use my iPhone. I think I like to just write old pens paper and see it that way, like how you did the first time, like the first time, and that works for me. I've tried writing on my iPhone with the notes, but it's it just doesn't hit as I don't know, do you guys get what I'm saying?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, exactly what.
Speaker 1: It doesn't have to hold feel, you know. Sometimes I just got to keep it to that old school because that's the only way I know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, when I was writing my master's dissertation, I felt like I've basically hand wrote the whole dissertation before I typed it up because I felt like I could just flow so much better when I was handwriting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's the flow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but when you're just like typing it on your phone or on the laptop, I feel like you limit yourself to what you're thinking of. It's almost harder to like think a bit more creatively and beyond what.
Speaker 1: You're You're right, I think that's it. I couldn't. I couldn't really put the words together. But it's the flow. And you know, at these more feel into writing as opposed to typing all your stuff.
Speaker 3: And yeah, do you have a favorite song.
Speaker 2: That you've ever written.
Speaker 1: I I wrote a song for my wife and yeah, it's it was one of those songs I write the song maybe, but then like the space of ten minutes, Wow, you know we're going through we're going through a little rough patch in relationship band And I think those are the magical moments when it comes to writing or just anything in general, when you're going through a hard time. And while I was going through this hard time, bro, like these words are just coming to my head, I was like, WHOA, I didn't know I even knew that coming to my head, Like and are you sure that makes sense, you know. So, like the song is called She's.
Speaker 4: My Woman and I love that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was like so fast, and I put the song together quite quick, and I was just going to do it as an acoustic star. And then I actually prayed the played the song to spawn Breeze's manager to see at this time his name was Rob Alot to see what his thoughts to him, and he was like, bro, you know what, man, I can hear spawn Breezy on this song. And I was like really, I was like, oh yeah, I get you cool then, brother, Well if you feel that, you know, he's he's going to do the song justice thing and by all means send it to him. So he sings a song to spawn Breezy, and spawn Breezey seems it back and I'm like, oh, dear, okay, this guy has just gone and take the song to another level man, Like, you know, it almost feels like it's a Spawn Breezy featuring Charlie. So yeah, and and that's probably to the day was still one of my favorite songs because when I played it back to she was like, Wow, this is this is amazing, you know, and it just brings us back to that whole when words fail, music speaks.
Speaker 5: Can I just say, by the way, your wife is stuning, I love seeing me.
Speaker 1: But you know what, man, I'm sick of people saying, Bro, Charlie, Bro, you're punching. Okay. Yeah, I'm very lucky, you know, to have a strong faith woman like she's strong in her faith. You know, she's a great mother, great wife. She does pretty much everything for us, you know. And I'm very lucky to to be your husband. Play this episode.
Speaker 4: You love being a dad? Yeah, you have three sons.
Speaker 1: I have my three boys, Rob Poline, not anymore. That's that's what to be honest.
Speaker 4: Are we going to get a girl? Girl?
Speaker 1: Listen, Once I get a girl, it's over.
Speaker 4: It's over. It's over.
Speaker 1: This is what I'm going to say. You boys, go to your mom, me and my daughter. I just want a daughter. Then that's I'm hanging the boots. We're done. But like you know, saying, he's not quite really it because she's in a whole, you know, in this healthy like at the moment. So she's she's doing that and I wanted to do a thing, you know, like I don't want to all of a sudden, she's lost all this weight then hey, you need to have a baby, you know, I mean I wanted to enjoy it. I wanted to enjoy it in the meantime until you know, until she's really then hopefully hopefully you know, got all the aunties. You guys need to do it at this time. You got to wait until it's full moon or I'm like, you know, I mean like that talent how to do Yeah, I'm okay. Then then answer yeah cool.
Speaker 4: Cool, until then you have you still have a little one. No he's so little.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, he's four, and you know he's not so much our little baby. Now this guy thinks he's you know, he's four turning two any one. This ye, he's at a point like you know what I love about my son not is that he reminds us on the on the daily. You know, he doesn't speak, it's hard from the string of sentence, but you know, like through his actions like he's like daddy, Jesus, Jesus, and he's putting his hands like the praying emoji. So then I'm like, you know what, man, this guy is telling us that we need to pray, you know, like he says, okay, we need to do this. Sometimes you know, as parents, we teach our children, but we often learn from them as well, you know, and my children teach me that all the time. Like sometimes my kids swishing. My older boy, he's like, dad, man, you need to stop doing that on the radio. It's quite cringe. You hold to chick you check. If I tell them make me anything, they will chick it first. And if it's something that doesn't sit right, well, they're broadcasting standards the right with them, then they're not going to reshare it. They give me the scene and then I'll be like, you guys didn't share that. They're like, because it's cringe, but you need to stop going on there and doing this, doing that, doing this because my son's they used to feature heart out on my Instagram exactly, but now they're just like, bro, they bro live in the moment, moment. Put your phone down. I put the phone down, like, bro, don't you dare talk to you like.
Speaker 4: That? Man. I remember those days. Yeah, your sons would feature on the social media and then it was like the videos. Charlie's like yeah, whoa, whoa.
Speaker 1: I'm not well. They didn't like that.
Speaker 2: I remember, Charlie.
Speaker 3: I used to follow you back in the farm Malosi, so.
Speaker 1: That where it came out like my brothers are doing there are better and and I just remember seeing the rock. You know, he couldn't really say my loss. You know, it's like to farm Losy, Like I'm like, bro, Rock, what did you say?
Speaker 4: Farm Looser?
Speaker 1: Just stop that. Yes, it was just like Farmerlosi.
Speaker 5: You could to bring it back, you could have. I feel like you've been busy in your radio era. You've got to come back into your social media.
Speaker 1: No, man. You know the thing is, man, when when you don't post much, people chicken hey, I didn't see post. I'm just like, bro, I'm just looking hey. You know. And if I if I was like if I'm posting out something, I'm working out, then I played like a Slow James song, people like hey, Bro, I'm just wondering are you okay? Like is he all right? I'll just chicken to see if you're okay? Or if you haven't posted in a while, Bro, it's been a while, are you okay? Just chicken in bro. You know, sometimes the happiest people are the ones that you want to chicken on.
Speaker 4: I just wanted to play some.
Speaker 1: Like come on man.
Speaker 4: Well, speaking on working out, bf T.
Speaker 3: Yeah, bf T covert yet I need you both as soon as they're bf T King superstars, give me the four one one?
Speaker 2: Why do I need to?
Speaker 1: Let me tell you this. There's a new king in the house. Now you are the king. And you know what, man, I see you on the airport.
Speaker 4: I see social media team. They picked up.
Speaker 1: Struggling and they came right in your face. I know. But bf T what for me personally? There is no such thing as clicks, you know what I mean? So like like, because I've been at bf T for a year now and I practically know the vast majority of the members. You know, I don't do these clicks or the members at bf T don't do clicks where now we stay together, we don't go talk to the newbie. You know. Now at bf T, it's almost like a race to see who greets the newbie and you know, taking them in and showing them the ropes. And that's what I love about it. And I know this for a fact that it's that's that's most bf ts are like that. Maybe it's I don't know whether they're taught to be like that, but it's it's just like that, and that's the nature of it. And man, I could sit here all day long and talk about it. But then, like the saying goes, you can only lead a horse to the to the water man.
Speaker 5: They didn't been coming through the sayings today, But.
Speaker 1: I been, I've been. I've been wanting to be on the show.
Speaker 5: So I can save you waiting, so join.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you know.
Speaker 1: What we got. We've got high rocks. And since you just stay down the road for me, I'm picking you up.
Speaker 4: There we go.
Speaker 1: See, I want to pick you up. My listen it just come and do one class and then if you if you enjoy it, then you enjoy it. You know what I mean. It's it's not you one's cup of tea, but like for me and Mes, that's our cup of tea, it's our coffee. It's out everything that's burn.
Speaker 5: Yeah, did my sixth class this morning, shred.
Speaker 4: It was hard. I've learned so much. Yeah, you should join beef.
Speaker 1: T I'm taking it. Honestly, I'm picking up.
Speaker 4: Okay, there we that one.
Speaker 1: I'm picking and I don't care. And if I come to your house and you're like not today, I'm like, remember that seven year old near the car and the car now.
Speaker 5: Move.
Speaker 2: I love that. How are we feeling about moving into our game? Marine?
Speaker 3: Okay, well can you introduce it because I'm still near.
Speaker 5: Okay, So what we're going to do, Charlie said, We're going to play around of in the ring, which is what you play on Flavor Breakfast. So it's going to be a battle of residents, Charlie.
Speaker 1: The Friday Final.
Speaker 4: The pressure is getting worse. So I've got three songs here.
Speaker 5: I will play out the instrumentals and your names are your buzzers?
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, sitting up?
Speaker 3: Okay, is it the name and this of the song and like the artist or do we sing?
Speaker 4: I want the song name and the artist name.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So I've got three songs here, playing three rounds.
Speaker 3: And it's fixing the the cameras.
Speaker 4: Okay, here we go with our first instrumental. Are you ready?
Speaker 1: I'm ready?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 2: Whoa whoa?
Speaker 5: Okay, Okay, okay. And your first instrumental, Monica.
Speaker 2: I know, I know, I know, I know, I know it again?
Speaker 1: Can I steal it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Lissa, Monica, Angel of Mine.
Speaker 1: Show me. I just gave you another.
Speaker 4: And I was listening right now on the booth Am I doing it right.
Speaker 1: This is good.
Speaker 5: Okay, she's giving the thumbs up. Okay, alossa one, Charlie, nel let's go to our second instrumental.
Speaker 1: Charlie, Yeah, spawn Breezy, don't let go.
Speaker 4: Oh, I'm telling that god whoa whoa drink up song for that age.
Speaker 1: He was just here, he was just here.
Speaker 5: One yeah, never been to sivil one. Who you're gonna take me to? Sing one to?
Speaker 1: Don't worry, I'm taking you guys there. Okay, okay, one, no, one more song.
Speaker 4: This is the tiebreaker.
Speaker 2: Melissa Whitney Houston. I don't know the name of the song.
Speaker 4: Charlie, do you know this song?
Speaker 6: I know, Houston, when you walk down the door.
Speaker 4: Here we have mistake. Who's right here?
Speaker 6: I talk a piece of my heart?
Speaker 2: He's lovelydes he's talking about. Then what is the name of this song?
Speaker 4: Okay? Is the name?
Speaker 1: Fling?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 1: Love?
Speaker 2: Then saving all my life for you.
Speaker 4: Up sat.
Speaker 6: Love, save my load?
Speaker 5: Congratulations and listening he was so bad.
Speaker 2: Hey, I just run myself a free trip to be a.
Speaker 1: Put it up.
Speaker 4: Okay, Charlie brought me here. Thank you for coming onto the.
Speaker 1: Podcast that made me switch.
Speaker 4: That was the first part of your straight A.
Speaker 1: Thank you guys, we're having me. Honestly, it was. It was good. I love it.
Speaker 2: I feel so good that I want in the ring. Can I just say.
Speaker 4: You didn't and it took me.
Speaker 3: It took us a really long time to get there. When you hear some song, but who kires that is crazy?
Speaker 5: AnyWho will catch you next week, catch us on the Sociows in the meantime, Bye bye,