Speaker 1: Life in the Export Beer Garden Studio and brought to you by Export Ultra the bar for here. This is the Agenda Podcast, four Thursday, the eighteenth of July.
Speaker 2: The Agenda Podcast, the home of Sporting Nonsense and clap trap, brought to you my next sport vulture.
Speaker 1: Welcome in from Witness Protection and surrounded by horse racing paraphernalia or memorabilia rather j Lane.
Speaker 3: Good morning morning. Yeah, I'm surrounded by Azuwary this time Rodney three time winner. As Awary five time winner won the Sydney Cup apparently.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that sounds very official. The Sydney Cup.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in nineteen eighty four, and actually I've got like they brought out a commemorative bottle of port see here to celebrate as Awary's victory. Actually it was nineteen eighty two one Sydney.
Speaker 4: Cup, and that looks like it's been enjoyed.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's empty, probably.
Speaker 1: For the best state of origin last night. So I think a few people are around the country and certainly around New South Wales will be moving pretty slowly this morning. Everyone that's coming to the office just off the back of maybe one too many beers last night, and just you know, productivity is probably not quite we you'd expected on a Thursday.
Speaker 4: It's a real week ruin over here in New Zealand, state of origin.
Speaker 3: Yeah it is, because yeah, it wrapped up just before midnight. I stayed up and watched it. Did a sterling job was Die Henwood and Ben Hurley on the call. But it was a pretty torrid affair in that first half. To all was at the break.
Speaker 1: It was so if you didn't watch the game last night, the clock in the corner, oh fucked out straight off the bat and it just said one h So with the old commentary, it was like, what is this.
Speaker 4: Eventually, when they fixed it, it's.
Speaker 1: At the proper time flashed up and eight minutes had elapsed of game time and I felt like I'd been watching that game for an hour.
Speaker 4: I was like, this has been hecked that.
Speaker 1: You cannot tell me this has only been eight minutes of action because it was frantic from the moment.
Speaker 4: The first was when wasn't it?
Speaker 3: Yeah it was, but they were so there was the clock started, and then they went for a countdown clock, so then it was at thirty six minutes and then it went disappeared and one h came up again and then it came to eight minutes. It was hopelessly confusing and the like, you're right, they consumed the commentary for the first ten minutes what was going on there? But it was like you look at that school line, you go, oh to all, But it was end.
Speaker 4: To end, No, it was. It was hectic and it wasn't a boring to all. You know that.
Speaker 1: I think if you woke up the next morning and they had checked the scores, you'd be like, oh, thank god, I didn't stop to watch it. But it was actually madness, like from the start, and it was only a matter of time before one team just got so buggered that they let go of the rope, and unfortunately that was Queensland and they just they just got towed up really in that last sort of fifteen minutes in there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, And I stupidly I put some happiness insurance im in New South Wales supporter by no other reason than I've been to Sydney more times in Brisbane and so. But I dumped my TA B account on Queensland because I was like, ah, they're playing at home. They never lose at sun Court, and they tuned around and they lost, but a biff. Good to see a bit of birth.
Speaker 1: Back, yeah, bit of berth, but a bit of how's your father? It was very scrappy. I was actually before the game. I knew it was going to be like that, and I thought, I wonder if there's a way I can turn this into a financial gain for myself. But I couldn't find a.
Speaker 4: Sin binning on the tab.
Speaker 1: But I was like, I'm so sure if a sin bend for both teams was an option, I was going to get on it. I also swung for the fences last night and had a four league multi that was paying about six hundred bucks, and.
Speaker 3: I did that too. I went to the I went to the to the Maltese and then like most popular ones, and I just put it. I spread a dollar on. Quite a few of them were like six hundred and seven hundred bucks. I was like, oh, that's worth a dollar. That's worth a dollar. That's worth a dollar. Hoping for a high scoring affair because it was like four or five try scorers combined into a New South Wales worm and just the blow out in the end.
Speaker 1: I knew it was going to go low. But that's all about all I knew about that game. Our boy Mona, Mitch gave himself, gave a great account of himself for his state. Yesterday I caught up with Tom from the hellow Sports podcast that big new South Welshman. They are big on Mitch Barnett when they heard the story. I don't know if you listened to the podcast yesterday, but when they heard the story about Mitch Barnett missing the birth of his son to hold pads at training, they were like, we're going to do something to reward him. They wanted to buy him nappies and wet wipes to the value of the amount of meters he ran, multiplied by the amount of tackles he made, multiplied by a fuck load, and that was.
Speaker 4: Their three metrics.
Speaker 1: So we now we still don't know what a fuckload is, but we now know how many tackles and meters he made.
Speaker 4: The problem we have is.
Speaker 1: They don't want to just donate the money to the club, because that's not really the the idea it's about.
Speaker 4: It's about the act of gift giving.
Speaker 1: But they can't fly the stuff over because now you're bringing customs into it. So I said yesterday, can we help, We'll get a use we can take it out there. What I don't what I need to figure out now is I was sort of hoping that the Blues would lose last night and this whole thing would just fall by the wayside because I've actually accidentally signed myself up.
Speaker 4: For more work. But now I'm going to figure out the logistics of do we go at the costco?
Speaker 1: Do we take our credit card and then bank on the fact that we're gonna charge Hello Sport back for it.
Speaker 3: It's an interesting conundrum, isn't it, Like do we ask for careshap front from Hello Sport? I mean, are they good for it?
Speaker 1: You?
Speaker 3: You obviously talk to them, and I mean how the judge of character there the kind of guys will pay Apple we'd fly over to Sydney and you know some standover tectics.
Speaker 1: I think I think they're good for I think the men of their word. I don't know the financial situation over there at Hello Sports Podcast. I know they tell us that they're good for it, and I believe that when they tell us that, they believe that.
Speaker 3: But you know what, what are we looking at?
Speaker 1: Well costs? This is this is what I don't know. Obviously, the funct hunt aside. I don't know how how many nappies does a new parent need?
Speaker 4: You go through?
Speaker 3: Probably five or six today a day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so how big is it?
Speaker 1: Because I was looking up some of the different packs you can get, and you can get big seventy packs. They're about yes, would they be about thirty dollars for like a seventy packs?
Speaker 4: That sounds about right.
Speaker 3: I'm unsure, but yeah, the newborn ones they're quite small because the newborn ones they're just squirting, squirting constantly because they're on them, they're on the mother's milk, so they're the whole time, you know. So it's yeah, it's there's not a lot of body to it. It's just bum squirts, bumweez.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I guess the logistics are, maybe we talk to them, we agree on a number that we are confident in that they're good for. We take it in good faith that we use our own company credit card head out to Costco the warehouse somewhere like this. They did mention that they'd reached out to Huggies and got given one of the.
Speaker 4: Big stuff arms of all time.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, from that, So yeah, I think that's where we come in Okay, I.
Speaker 3: Like, come into it if you think they're good for it, if you can vouch for their character, mini and their their financial acumen for Australians. But if you can vouch for them, then finalance do it? Maybe reach a number that that's the it's the funck load times of funck load that might might trip us.
Speaker 4: That's the variable. Yeah, that's the veryable. We're going to do it?
Speaker 1: All right, Well I will, I'll fire an email off and but look, here's what we're willing to do.
Speaker 4: What's the number you're comfortable with us? You know?
Speaker 3: Well, then we've got to throw out logistics of how we're going to get it. To Mitch Barnett, how were going to get Do we just go out to Warriors training and just tip the back of the ute into the field. Do we drop it at his house? Do we drop it at the club? Because I have a sneaky suspicion if we drop it at the club, they'll donate it to the local community and do something quite you know who wholesome with it. Yeah, we need to we need to live it at least some to Mitch Barney.
Speaker 1: He doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would willingly give out his home address, would be my only concern.
Speaker 4: Okay, I certainly don't.
Speaker 3: Maybe that's that's a job for the Hello Sport team. I think you know they've got contexts in Sydney.
Speaker 4: Yes, they've got contacts with the Warriors. Yes, yeah, you're right.
Speaker 1: I mentioned to them that we do have a yute, but it's got the you know there's it's got the pull out draws in the back of the tray.
Speaker 4: So we actually don't have a whole lot.
Speaker 1: Of storage space in there, but we could We could potentially use the caravan.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we could load the caravan easy or just get a cage trailer. I'm picking. If we're going to buy five thousand dollars in the nappiece, it's quite a lot. It's once the palette.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Pellett, let's just ask Costco or a palette costs and then go from there. All right, all right, well we'll take that offline. We'll have a tense, terse negotiation. I have to figure out the exchange rate with the Australian dollar as well, and we'll figure that whole thing out. They are open to coming over here and helping assist with the delivery as well pull us off.
Speaker 4: So we'll keep this We'll keep this ball rolling.
Speaker 1: We need to capitalize on this momentum while we can the other big sporting news and the reason why the podcast a little later out this afternoon is because the All Blacks team list has been named and Raza has gotten very, very experimental with this one, as I think we all knew.
Speaker 3: Who's going to.
Speaker 1: To Mighty Williams sare More Fletcher Newle Scott Barrett retains the captain's armband. Tipo Vaii joins him because tweet be loot to Evan's Charlton stayed home. American Dad Luke Jacobson Ethan Blackadder both find their way onto the park to start here. Artie Savia will be at number eight. Cortez, fresh off his debut, will be your half back. Damien McKenzie. It's his fiftieth cap for the All Blacks. He's in at first five. Jubb with the Buck Cali Clark's in there at eleven, Anton Leonard Brown, Billy Proctor makes his debut, Sevarice and Bowden.
Speaker 4: Barrett comes back into fallback.
Speaker 1: There's a raft of debutantes off the bell as well off the bench as well, George Bell, Passilo Tossi, Sam Darry and Wallace Side City's in there, plus Noah Hotham. So they're really just blooding a few a few new players, aren't they.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how Sam Darry. Sam Darry would have just been on the tear after the Super Rugby Final and all of a sudden, Patrick Tupelo to even Charlton One news goes down and he's now he's going to make his debut for the All Blacks in California.
Speaker 1: It sort of reminds me. Have you ever seen Blue Mountain State? It was there was an American show about a college football team, and it was all centered around the reserve quarterback and how he was basically just in the team just to be a college quarterback. But he didn't actually want to play any of the games. He just wanted to go to the frat houses and piss up. But the starting quarterback kept getting injured. He's like, fuck, I gotta play again. I feel like that's been twenty twenty four for Samdarry. He's just been sort of hanging out on the bench and then all of a sudden Too is injured again. He's like, oh fuck, I'm gonna have to come and play every game of Super rugby to an All Black level. And then he's like, oh sweet, at least I don't. I can get on the person now say oh again. Now I'm gonna go back in there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's great to see side tit in there. Great to see quartees at Atim rewarded for his energetic twenty thirty minutes on Saturday. That's it's gonna be. It's gonna be good for him. Good. I mean, this is the opportunity time to blood blood players like when is I mean Argentina. Arguably, you wouldn't want to do that against Argentina. I've proven, I've proven that, and you don't want you certainly don't want to be blooding new players in South Africa when they go over there for two test matches. So good to see him, you know, throw rub it and mud at the wall.
Speaker 4: I don't mind it.
Speaker 1: But I kind of think if I was All Black's coach, and perhaps this is why I'm not, I would just pick the same team every single week and be like, this is the All Black team and it doesn't matter if we're playing the Timuru Boys High School First fifteen we're playing the spring Box. This is the team and we go out there every game and sorry if we beat you by one hundred and fifty points to nil, but we are the All Blacks. This is the team that we play because I do think continuity is a big part of it. But I guess as the flip side of that that injuries are very real and when players go out, you don't want to have to then put Wallace Setti under the bright lights.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you've answered your own question there. That's exactly what would happen, because you can't have, you know, side Teddy coming into Cape Town with no games under his belt to play against South Africa when Ardie Severe goes down and Blackadder goes down. So I think it's good. I think it's good. It's a good opportunity to do that, and that's what we need to do, need to develop our players further, and these are the perfect games to do it. Certainly, don't do it against argentineass Certainly don't do it against Australia or South Africa.
Speaker 1: A couple of interesting points around this game, not particularly related to the team list, but one is the name of the venue that they're playing as they're in San Diego. It is being played at Snapdragon Stadium. One of the most powerful names that I've ever heard for a stadium, Snapdragon. They know how to do it over there. None of the orange theory, Apollo shit.
Speaker 3: Oh Snapdragon. There used to be a bar and buy that called Snapdragon. Really, can you remember that? I remember being thrown out of there because someone they wouldn't. I remember rolling up my receipt and flicking it back at the bar and hitting him in the forehead, and then him just looking at me and going get out, get out of here quickly. Had to biff on my drinks. And then a guy the size of Tossi came and picked me up, sent me at the back, not out the front, at the back in the viaducts. So that was even worse. I thought I was going to get my beans, buts I care about it.
Speaker 1: At the back of all the chefs are smoking, yeah correct, yeah, unlucky. And the other thing is so this one is slated for a two thirty start, which I quite like the Saturday afternoon start, but we will have dueling huckers, so we're going to have to start a little bit early. I think we're going to start around the two fifteen.
Speaker 3: What are they going to do? Because are they gonna respect each other's hacker or are we going to see a hacker off? I think simultaneous.
Speaker 4: Well, this is so.
Speaker 1: What usually happens is the home team will kick theirs off first, and then about halfway through, the visitors will lay their challenge down. So you got dueling hucker's going on. Who is the home team here?
Speaker 4: Is it us?
Speaker 1: I think it's us because it's part of it's still the same series.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's still so.
Speaker 3: I believe it's us who are dragging the poor Figan team all the way over to California, or they you know, they probably quite enjoy that hanging out in San Diego. They probably watched the Yeah their sale GP. Yeah, rageously confused.
Speaker 1: I yeah, I feel like with the deweling hocker, they know what they're coming up against. Everyone that's you know, the Fijian team. They know we're either going to go with the old school comments or we had a couple of pongo on the weekend twice.
Speaker 4: Hey, we've had it twice. Yeah, I reckon we go back to back. I reckon, we go.
Speaker 1: We go A couple of pongos straight into come up to it, just so that we drag it out. So we go first, then they start, they think are going to still be going when we finished, just when we finish, fire a couple of pung wo again.
Speaker 3: Oh that's a good idea. Yeah, that's a great idea. And then see what they respond with and they might have come back with something else, and then someone might have to pull out a guitar and then start singing, and they just keep coming back for Yeah, what point.
Speaker 1: Do we have to revert to two send of my just to just to keep the thing going.
Speaker 3: Just yeah, I'm a big fan of that. They would they would throw the Fijians off because that'd expect to end it and then all of a sudden yep.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but no, I am looking forward to this regardless.
Speaker 1: Anytime you play Fiji, it's going to be an electric game. And the team that we've named as well is going to be much the same. So I'm looking forward to that. That coverage will start. As we said at two point fifteen, Maddy and I are commentating Natman Matt Ward.
Speaker 3: And I'm taking a knee.
Speaker 4: Yeah, look Lane, Lane's gone the ground. He's been stood down.
Speaker 1: It's the no fault standown policy that we have here at the a SEC. I think this might be the third time you've invoked it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's been quite a productive year. But look, I'm you know, don't forget James mcconey. You will also take a knee. But I mean his knee is in Paris right now.
Speaker 1: So yeah, he's got an excuse or yours may be too, for all we know at the Witness Protection there, let's take a quick break before we incriminate ourselves any further. But before we do, I just wanted to remind everyone about the Snacker Chaney Sports Scholarship, where binge watching is a sport.
Speaker 4: Binge watching sport that is.
Speaker 1: To enter for the Snacker Chaney Sports Scholarship, we have to do is text Chip to three two three six, follow the link and you could be in to win the Ultimate acc Price pack. We're talking obviously Snacker Changy chips, a boatload of them. We'll give you some refreshments.
Speaker 3: His beverages. Yeah, bit of merch.
Speaker 1: Something to wash it down, Yeah, a little bit of merch and everything that you need to enjoy your weekend on the couch watching your sports so again snack change Sports Scholarship text chip to three two three six.
Speaker 4: We'll be right back after these words from our spells heikay Lane.
Speaker 1: It is Thursday, and so as we have done every Thursday, we're going to a throwback. Thursday is a segment where we go through the teamless from back in the day and today I'd like to walk you back to nineteen ninety seven where we're at North Harbor Stadium.
Speaker 4: It's Saturday, the.
Speaker 1: Fourteenth of June, seven thirty pm, back on the ease to play test matches at North Harbor Stadium.
Speaker 4: It is the All Blacks Verse Fiji.
Speaker 1: It will surprise you not at all to learn that we won this one seventy one points to five, an absolute dusting.
Speaker 4: Here's the team.
Speaker 1: So this is a couple of years after that ninety five World Cup that was immortalized in the John O. Loomi rugby game. Yeah, but a lot of those names still in there. The coach was John Hard of course, and at fullback was Christian Cullen. Yes, who scored two tries and hit two conversions as well for fourteen points.
Speaker 3: Did he kick goals? I can't remember him kicking goals.
Speaker 1: I don't remember it either, but apparently apparently kicked tell of them. Once you're up over fifty points, like fuck, who ever scored it, you just turn around and convert it. Jeff Wilson was on one wing and it was a fruitful afternoon for Jeff Wilson.
Speaker 4: Goal.
Speaker 1: He scored five tries in this game. Oh lit, powerful stuff. Frank Buntz was your center and his second five inside him was least tenseness.
Speaker 3: Ah tenseness.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so was that as well as a little gone by then must have been injured.
Speaker 3: I think he was still around. Yeah, good buns and little and North Harbor Stadium would have been a sight to see. I'm just thinking that would have been almost a brand spanking new North Harbor Stadium back then.
Speaker 4: Yeah, ninety seven.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they would have been feeling new.
Speaker 1: I'd say, yeah, and now they're thinking about bowling it. Tana Umongen was still on the wing at that point. He scored a try. Andrew Mertins, who was listed under a South African flag on the website that I found, I.
Speaker 3: Think that's where their birth, that's the place of birth. So I looked at the the bigans. The number of new Zealanders playing for Fiji as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah there are anyway, he slotted six conversions. Justin Marshall was your half back and he also scored himself a try. Tane Randall showed out in the fingerless gloves as well. At the back of the scrum. Josh Cronfeld and Michael Jones rounding out a powerful, powerful loose Ford trawer.
Speaker 3: That's good.
Speaker 4: That is good.
Speaker 3: Michael Jones tremendous.
Speaker 1: He dotted down for a meat pie as well. Seems just about everyone did. Robin Brooke and Ian Jones the came o kid were your locks, Olo Brown, Shawan Fitzpatrick and Craig Dude.
Speaker 3: With old school, old school front row.
Speaker 1: Olo Brown, Shawn Fitzpatrick, Craig Brown, doubt. Anton Oliver was coming off the bench alongside Bill Allen.
Speaker 4: Charles Reichelman. Yep, I don't recall him.
Speaker 3: No, he's a he Auckland Auckland player played blindside and Locke as well, Big unit, big Man. I think he was on the Match Fit recently on the Match Fit program.
Speaker 1: Well, they got himself a meat pie in that game as well. Mark Carter and Scott McLeod round out what on my sheet as a six man bench.
Speaker 4: So they've left two names off this this team.
Speaker 5: They didn't need him or they didn't need him I want I'll spare you the Fijian team, although one name that I did want to call out was Uppy Navo, who's the blindside lank who was also a lock as well.
Speaker 4: I think he plied his trade over there in Europe.
Speaker 1: But he had a massive like two thousand and three and then two thousand and seven World Cup and on the rugby PlayStation games he had the speed of a wigger, like the speed rating for I don't know if it was a glitch or what, but it was like when you were picking your teams. Yeah, he had to get up in Iva because he could run like Doug Hawlett in that game.
Speaker 3: There's a couple of there's a couple of names in there though, Philippe Rayasi, which is the father of Celesie Rayassi. Yeah, he's at fullback for FIGI. And there's another couple on the bench which I recognized well, howker was Greg Smith who was who used to play for White Cattle as hooker and big Bill hub of Varty. Remember big Bill one hundred and fifty kgs he's currently a dorman in Wellington at the moment. Yeah, Big Bill cuming Vati and Nikki I remember little Nikki, Yeah, Little Nikki out of Tiao Mutu Sports as well. There's they're kind of three kind of players or four players that are recognized there in that team. But they've got a real toweling that day.
Speaker 4: Jesus yeah, Seiti one five.
Speaker 1: I mean, I was looking back through all of the games that you know, we've played against Fiji. There's actually not that many. I think there's like twelve or thirteen times that we've played them.
Speaker 4: They've never won. But the closest they got was.
Speaker 1: About three years ago we played them over here and I think we beat them fifty three to twenty something.
Speaker 3: So I think it'll be I think there'll be a lot tougher than what people think. Obviously, they've had a couple of seasons of super rugby under their belt with the Drury, you know, and I don't know why if it's got any sort of any sort of backing to this theory, but obviously the Sevens was a big thing for them all throughout the kind of nineties and early two thousands, and they never really cracked a fifteen game, they would overperform Rugby World Cups, but it was almost a style. They played a style of sevens with fifteen players.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so it'd be.
Speaker 3: Really interesting to see how the national team comes together after the drawer. I reckon they're going to go pretty well because you see them through playing at home and you transplant that into international footy. It's going to be difficult, but they're playing away, so who knows. But I don't think it certainly won't be a seventy one point drubbing.
Speaker 4: No, but I do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like all super Rugby's all we've been talking about with the drawer is. I love the fact that they are who they are and they won't change it. It doesn't matter if they're playing in Nandy, Latoga, if they're playing in San Diego, if they're playing in fucking Dunedin and down by forty points, they will run it out of their own try line and try and score from everywhere.
Speaker 4: And I love a team that knows what they.
Speaker 1: Are, So if they're trying to advertise the game, they couldn't have picked a better team to send over there. So yeah, I'm looking forward to that one as well. Chragic Tech a little bit here. The Open Championship, the most confusingly named sporting tournament, is kicking off overnight tonight out time, is that right? And over there in Scotland at royal Toon Golf Club there are four kiwis in the field. It's the first time that it's happened since like two thousand and nine or something, back when Michael Campbell's knocking about. They are off the top of my head. Ryan Fox obviously Kazumi was his last name, is gaving me. We've got Michael Hendry and Daniel Helliott and it's going to be exciting to watch those guys go around. Also terrifying that Ryan Fox is playing in the Olympics and that's only another couple of weeks away. We keep saying, man, these things are we're running way too close to the Olympics.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like these tournaments, but I guess that's what they do. They just roll around. They'll finish this one, they'll just roll into Paris, which is just a hop on like a two hour flight. Maybe.
Speaker 4: Yeah, true, Scotland so be fine.
Speaker 3: But Daniel Hilliert, We've got our hunch on him making the top forty and the only reason I've gone with that hunch is Obviously, Dan Hillier had a good run last year. He won the British Open at the Belfry last year Member won by two shots, kind of came out of nowhere. Yeah, so I've got to you know that he loves the conditions over there. I'm picking him to be to crack the top forty. I was going to go for a vibe punt on Foxy, but he hasn't been playing overly well recently. But he's back kind of back in Europe where he kind of is more comfortable, I guess over the last few years. But yeah, Dan Hilliot, we've got a Hundi on him. That's the hunch to him to make the top forty. You can bet on all sorts something open. There's so many options. You can bet on the top New Zealander. You can bet on the top Australian, the top so ofth African, the top Japanese player. You can go nationalities, you can group them together. They're yeah, the new TB app You can go massive, deep dive on the options when it comes to go, which I never knew existed.
Speaker 1: No, I love that and I'd love for the TB to open up a few more like guess who type markets, like any ball player to finish top forty or yeah.
Speaker 4: Those kinds of things.
Speaker 1: Any any man with a mustache to make the cat on detail or whatever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'd love for them to lean into that kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: I suppose it's hard to put those markets together because what does qualify a mustache? But anyway, that's our part. I can't believe it's eight dollars for him to make forty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, winning winning a British Open last year. Yeah, yeah, But I mean look here, I don't think he's I don't know if he's made the cut a few of the last few events, so I left to play out of his skin. I don't know if I have you watched any of the social media of the players practicing out of the bunkers there, No, they're like about two meters high. There's one where I think it's deshambo Is practicing getting out from being at the base of a two meter just vertical bunker and him getting it out, I'd just I'd hit it the other way well back.
Speaker 4: Onto the well.
Speaker 1: I thought, you mean, you're almost better facing away from the bunker and trying to hit it back up over your own head.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 3: It's intense. It's intense. And is that remember that famous Michael Campbell shot? I think at St. Andrews, did you managed to get out of one of those kind of two meter bunkers? I think I'll be up all night.
Speaker 1: The gap between the professional golfer and the amateur goal or like just the hack golfer is so ridiculous because I've always said that, you know, I could play back and forth along rugby field and I'd shoot the same as if I went around, you know, your local local course. The hard part is not negotiating the courses, negotiating my horrible swing. And so then for these guys to make it interesting to have to put two meter bunkers in front of them is fucking It's unrelatable. I honestly, I think if you put me in one of those, I'd never get out. If it was like if you were like, you're in the bunker, you can't go back out, you have to go over the wall. I think i'd I think I'd die of old age before I got out of there.
Speaker 3: That had a good challenge. Then let's find a golf course that has a bunker as steep as one of those. Yeah, and sit you at the bottom of it, and we'll put a time laps camera on you and see how long it takes you to get out.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, we need something to happen, something that I'm racing against. I honestly think if a pro started off the first t he could probably finish his round before I got out of the bunker.
Speaker 3: And you're on the eighteenth and I'm on.
Speaker 1: The eighteenth in the bunker, and all I have to do is get out and I don't even have to.
Speaker 4: Yeah, would it be strokes?
Speaker 1: So I've basically got seventy shots to try and get out of this bunker before before he comes around and tells me up.
Speaker 4: That would be quite a good, quite a good wed challenge.
Speaker 3: All right, there would be good.
Speaker 1: We'll try and tee that one up. All right, let's take one last break. When we come back, we'll hit you with Yours Please.
Speaker 2: Yours Please, brought to you by Leader.
Speaker 1: Your chance to get involved in the show by pressing the microphone button in the bottom right hand corner of your iHeartRadio app just like this caller has call of Yours Please.
Speaker 3: Tellers, it's almost three thirty in the harbor and there's no daily agenda for the seventeenth of July twenty twenty four.
Speaker 6: Is it just because my eyes on the lake shift just put on.
Speaker 2: A double shift backbone.
Speaker 1: It's only the state of origin.
Speaker 3: Come on, I need someone to listen to.
Speaker 4: Get behind.
Speaker 1: I like that, and I'm sorry we kept you waiting here. It was a little bit later than usual yesterday. We had a few things to juggle around. We wanted to go and get down to the cricket thing yesterday where they launched the Summer of Cricket because we wanted to know what the schedule was yep, before that, and then also we had to line up with Tom from Hello Sport. But good to know it's a good problem to have that people are hanging out and waiting for their agenda podcast, because there'd be nothing worse than not putting one out one day and no and gave a shit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was just there would be disheartening. Yeah, So yeah, thank you, thank you for your service, appreciate the feedback.
Speaker 1: And again today it'll be a little bit later, but again it's just because we wanted to talk about the All Blacks team. So yeah, it's a wait for that, but.
Speaker 4: It'll be on time tomorrow. Trust me.
Speaker 1: We've taken your feedback on board one last caller here. We only got the two this afternoon.
Speaker 6: Call it yours please, Hey boys, I'm glad he runs on the fox out Kennedy bandwagon. I've been on the fucking fox out Kenry bandwagon for a long time now. I'm at nae Bro East Coast supporter and a hit balling point for me last year when South Canterbury arrogantly turned their backs on the East Coast hacker in the semi final big standoff, and then Na's Bro East Coast nearly got on the ship for fucking just going over the ten medal line. Cultural protocols suggest never turned you back on a hacker, mate.
Speaker 4: I I don't really have a memory of this.
Speaker 1: I did look it up this morning, not only for I can find is of two very heated huckers going back and forth at each other. I might have been watching a lot of the wrong game. This one was at Pleasant Points, home game for South Canary South Canterbury versus MPEC, not to Always Coast is I think forgive me if I'm wrong, but I think it is the longest distance traveled for a rugby game in the country because there's no airport near either of those teams. Yeah, so South Canerbury have to drive to christ Church which is three hours, then fly fuck probably to Wellington, and then it's probably another like eight hour bus trip over to the East Coast, so it is like it's brutal. And then you know, obviously the same the other way back. And then obviously, as he mentioned, there's a few cultural differences, you know, a lot more seafood banging around the MPEC region.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't. I was wondering the start of that message. I was like, what what's the beef? What kind of beef of East Coast? Got with any? It out quite clearly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well look, thankfully, and this is the great thing about sport.
Speaker 4: There's always another chance, and there will be another chance.
Speaker 1: This season after a grueling bus trip from one of the two teams, you know, to set things straight, get your vengeance. Unfortunately, no one's had their vengeance over South Canterbury and quite some time.
Speaker 4: But this could be your chance for Nazi's coast.
Speaker 1: But at least at least we know we've got one one order already of the Fox South Canterbury Social Jersey.
Speaker 3: I was about to say, and it sounds like he did quite a few sales for us. Maybe we can start up like a kind of Tupperware franchise thing where you know, we can give him the sub franchise to East Coast Nazi Pudou and he can just farm out all the Fox South Canterbury merch could be there could be a way to go. I think a pyramid Fox South Canterbury scheme is our way to red to Richards.
Speaker 1: I think multi level marketing lane. We wouldn't be involved in a pyramid scheme.
Speaker 3: You know, let's just call it what it is.
Speaker 4: I did try and set up.
Speaker 1: When I was working in promos Hadaky. I tried to set up the Haidaky pyramid scheme, which was basically like it was a prize that you won, but you won a prize for every other person that you recruited to listen to Radio Hadarky.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: I think where pyramid schemes fall apart as someone crutched the numbers. It's like you could only ever have like one hundred levels to it, and then you've got every person in the world on your pyramid.
Speaker 4: Scheme. You know, so financially it doesn't quite add up.
Speaker 1: I'll have to do a bit more research into the to the.
Speaker 4: Numbers of a pyramid scheme.
Speaker 1: But perhaps maybe a Ponzi scheme might be a bit closer to what we need to be doing.
Speaker 3: But anyway, yeah, Ponzi sounds six here as well.
Speaker 1: Ponzi sounds very sexy. I worked on a man on home to detention to explained Ponzi schemes to me.
Speaker 4: On a dairy farm. He explained to me how I could run a Ponzi scheme university. He had.
Speaker 1: It was on the ankle bracelet on his leg. We're on a dairy farm. We only had one motorbike, and so if the cowds are in the back paddock, he would drive me on the back of the motorbike until his ankles started beeping. Then I'd have to jump off and walk the rest of the way to bring the cows in, which on a thirty fucking four degree South Canterbury day is brutal.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, well, I played cricket. The Last Man stands with a gentleman and the something I have told you in the domain, and he was fielding at gully and he had long pants on and we didn't see the fact he was wearing an ankle bracelet and someone carved it through gully and it slammed into his ankle and he went to the ground and then got up and just ran to the car and took off, and we were like, what's going on there, and he goes, oh, the ball snapped his ankle bracelet off. It hit side and snapped it, so it was going off, so it presumed he tried to detach it. So he had to report to his parole off the asap, so they only played with seven players for the rest of the There was bits of bits of an ankle bracelet all over the outfield.
Speaker 1: I thought you were going to say that he just lived over the back fence so he could only field at gully.
Speaker 4: He couldn't go around to it.
Speaker 3: It would be quite funny.
Speaker 4: Couldn't go out of the side.
Speaker 3: So as soon as he went to the to the andrew it started beeping.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it really dictates the way you get a bowl, because you got one. That guy stuck on home attention in the cal corner. Anyway, I reckon, it's about time for you to go and check in with your parole officer, and.
Speaker 3: I've got my court appearance tomorrow, so Matt Heath is going to be on the Agenda tomorrow and I'll be back. I think I've been clear to give given clearance to come out of witness protection this weekend, so I'll be back with you in the studio on Monday, brilliant.
Speaker 4: Look forward to it.
Speaker 1: Otherwise, we'll see tomorrow for another episode of the Agenda Podcast.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to the ACC's Agenda Podcast, brought to you by Export Ultra. For more episodes, like and follow on iHeartRadio for William you get your podcast