Speaker 1: You're listening to the Marcus lush Night's podcast from News Talks at be.
Speaker 2: You said and welcome, We good. Every one name is Marcus Httil twelve. I hope you are good. If you're not good, I hope you get better by the time midnight rolls around. Your couple of topics tonight. What I want to start off with tonight too. Firstly, first and foremost is the death of Brian Wilson. And look what I want to say about that is this, Yeah, day to eighty two. Now, I enjoy some music, types of music. I'm passion about types of music. But I'm not a musician, and I'm a long way away from being a musician. I never ever claim to be one. But however, any friends of mine that are musicians, almost all of them will rave about one album. And that album is pet Sounds by the Beach Boys, and it's everyone's ultimate studio album. And I've never really totally understood why. But that's not the point. The point is that those that know know that that is the one that's an extraordinary album. And I've spent some time day listening to that just because I haven't really given it a good threshing ever really, but just out of respect and just wanted to know more. I spent some time listening to it. Well, of course I love the sloop John B. And you gotta love that. We must have sung that in school because it's a song that you alderready kick in with. That's a ripper some of the other songs. I mean, yeah, it's quite an extraordinary album. It's an how that's going to take. I'm going to spend a bit more time with I think, to really appreciate it. But I wouldn't mind some reminiscence about the Beach Boys tonight if there is something well Brian Wilson or the Beach Boys in particular, if there is something you want to say about that, just to kick it all off. I don't know when how often they toured New Zealand. I think Brian Wilson came a number of times solo and performed. Of course, he was someone that had his struggles and I don't know that performance was always comfortable for him, but he was probably someone that you've seen performing. I know he was at the Town Hall an Auckland number of years back, him on the piano, But that might be something you want to mention mcnowledge, you might be a musician yourself, because seemed very much about like the Carpenters, that Brian will very much a musician's musician, that if you're a musician, there were things that he would do that you really appreciated. Now there might be something you want to say about that, and I'm all there for that discussion tonight. So the number is eight hundred and eighty ten eighty and nine to nine to text, deaded eighty two. Didn't know he was unwell, and I think there was situations that his estate, you know, I think he oh yeah, Look, I didn't do the full deep dive into what was going on for him or his last years. I was more interested in going back to listen to the music. Don't know when Pet Sounds came out. I think it was aout the fourth or the fifth of the albums. But anyway, you've got something to say about Brian Wilson, and I don't think they'd be a nice way to talk about we haven't kind of honored a musician for a while. Although I tell you something about Pet Sounds. You put Pet Sounds on and the first song is a fairly good song, right, but it was destroyed by a Cadbury chocolate ad. Wouldn't it be nice? Great song? As soon as you go into it, all you can hear is the commercial, which is probably if per chance I was a great musician, I'd be very weary of lending any of my songs to anything because you're completely ruined that one only thirty nine minutes all up, pet sounds very short. Well, I guess it's short, but songs for shortened those days two twenty four in and out done. You got thirteen songs and you're out in thirty nine minutes, So way it should be in it. I think a couple of them are instrumentals as well. Slip John Beeges two fifty eight around Nassau Town. We did Rome just staying all night, get in touch on too. But now that's what we'll start off with. Eight and eighty eight. And there is a back topic. And I don't think we're in trouble with subdued to say or anything, but this mushroom trial, right, what's going on there? Have the police ruined this case because they seem to have a clear case of someone poisoning people with mushrooms? They seem to have rid elevenance. Haven't got a damn cell phone. She switched that round and got a new sim cat or something. If you've swallowed, if swallowed, if you followed that case, you might be a study of the law. What's your take on it? It seems to me it's quite close. She got away to the perfect murder, a perfect murder. I don't think she will get away because you know how Australian justice works. There's a woman that appears unusual, they'll normally convict her, a bit like Lindy Chamblain got done with the dingo. Anyway, Oh eight hundred and eighty thirty nine nine to the text, looking forward to what you've got to say, Judith, it's Marcus welcome, Oh.
Speaker 3: Marcus, your son in a lot better than last week.
Speaker 2: Oh thank you, Judith.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, now with Beach Boys. And I brought a Beach Boys Elhuan down the op shop the other day for about two dollars.
Speaker 2: What one was it?
Speaker 3: Beach Boys famous hats yep copy. Anyway, twenty years ago I went to the vineyard and Hastens on Napier or somewhere around there, and when he was singing he've got his son up into the stage and the sun was about eight nineteen eleven. Studied scene and I ran down to the front of the stage.
Speaker 2: So did he do a Mission of State concert? Today? He's at the Mission Winery one. Oh god, okay, Oh that's interesting. We'll talk more about that because there's plenty of people out there. That's right now, bread basket, plenty of our people have gone there. I don't know if it was Brian Wilson or the whole of the Beach Boys, but you might have been there to see that one. Also always good to talk about that, Dave, You've got breaking news.
Speaker 4: Good evening, Marcus, what's happened with TV three? I've tuned in to watch TV three news. No TV three or Edam. It's not there, it's gone. I'm chlost and I'm just wondering what's happened with TV three and Eden? Because I like the Salvage Hunters as well. Hang on, you like the one Salvage Hunters true put who tretch down the antiques?
Speaker 2: We're talking about Drew last night. Actually a lot of a lot of love for Drew. Mind, he's quite arrogant, isn't he.
Speaker 4: Well, we but I do appreciate him and I respect his knowledge, and it's an interesting program.
Speaker 2: But and just well we're here. Dave T has some good lines. He's funny, yes he is.
Speaker 4: They're both humorous. Him and Tea are quite They like a laugh and I appreciate that.
Speaker 2: Hey, I'll see if I can find it. This is not part of Air a Day. This is not you kind of.
Speaker 4: Not No, I don't think so. I've just checked my just double check, because I like TV three news. I cannot get TV three I can get but Marcus, I can get TV three plus one.
Speaker 2: You give now how weird's that?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: It is weird.
Speaker 4: And I can also get Eden plus one And in other words, I've just watched the the plus one Eden, which is seven o'clock Drew Pritchard. But that's my question question, Johnny, is what's happened with TV three.
Speaker 2: For a confusing night? You're in a confusing that's like daylight savings all over if your time shift. Hey, this is going to be weird for you.
Speaker 7: It's shotting my headn't mate.
Speaker 2: Someone said it's working fine Wellington and that's so much you he says it. Okay, I'm in.
Speaker 4: Christ Church and I've just put it out there. I don't know it's pilot here because I have a double checked it and I've just putting it out there.
Speaker 2: I don't know appreciate anyone enough to. Could someone call me from christ Church to tell me if TV three is working?
Speaker 8: Please?
Speaker 2: People loving the Eden did even though it was a channel christ Church, christ Church. If you got TV three, could you go and check please? If it's not working? What are we going to do for Dave working? Fine and Wellington? Someone said that woman sounded like Jane Charoot, one of Wolvers Smith's characters. Love Jan Sharot. Never heard of them. Oh eight hundred and eight was a strong start. But what are we going about TV three off the air cheapers but they're on Plus one. Well, no one's coming through and saying it is there?
Speaker 6: Isn't on.
Speaker 2: The Angels Weep was the book with Jan Charot. It's a great name for a character, isn't it with their blood streak body text will call me if you've got a situation with not with Jan Sharout, but with TV three in christ Church. I'll look on their website. Maybe they've pulled the pin. I can't even work out what's going on there people Drew Prichard. Funnily enough, we've never talked about true Pritchard. There is names come in conversation two nights in a row, which are the Beach Boys people, and particularly the pet Sounds album it Particularly you're a musician, there'll be some out there on their way to gigs. Can tell me what makes it such a gem of an album, because people always go on and on about that such a short album contained so much, including the song that was ruined by the chocolate commercial and Sloop John b. Of course I didn't write that there was an old cut one old Seahs Sea Shanty, but they certainly made that their own. I think the Kingston Trowey had a guard just about killed it like they do John Dooley, Tom Dooley and Knew seventeen past eight Learn. That's Marcus. Welcome, Hi Lynn, Hi, Yeah.
Speaker 9: Hi Marcus.
Speaker 10: This is a linen from christ Church.
Speaker 9: I've just switched over to TV three and I'm getting no trouble.
Speaker 2: Okay, So there must be must be some pilot. It might be his TV or his remote or something.
Speaker 8: Well, it still could be a certain area.
Speaker 10: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm in.
Speaker 8: Stockburn.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't think he'd be far from Sockburnlan, thank you. I look with sockburners. I know he goes to the hot pools. He's not far from there. I reckon what would he be? What will he done? I reckon he's kind of the cats at the remote or something.
Speaker 7: Funny.
Speaker 2: Old name for s Sockburn, isn't it? Out of all the things you can name a sub of your name, it's Sockburn. What's going on? Christ Jitch, the old burner of the sock got no idea where it is? It's west, It's halfway to Melton, West Melton, Diane Marcus welcome.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm on the east side.
Speaker 11: I can get TV three and the other okay, so it must be his TV remote.
Speaker 2: You get the Eden and you get the TV three right yep?
Speaker 6: And the Plus one here yep.
Speaker 2: Okay. It's gonna be a big night for Dave storting out as remote. Anyone got the suggestions what Dave could have done wrong? Dan, you've got strong opinions on David is remote, haven't you. I'd do a rescan sometimes the channels a piece of my TV have to a rescan or just change all your clocks to fit in with plus one. I'd do a rescan get in touch Marcus till twelve oh eight hundred while am I having people text me at twelve past seven? My sister must be listening online the Beach Boys album or the Beach Boys in general. And Brian Wilson must have performed at the mission. I've only been to the mission once. It was all right, But they're all been there over the years, haven't they. What'll be the worst one? Ray Charles Kitty Roger's, Rod Stewart, Eric Clapperton, But it must have been also the Beach Boys. Can't see them on the list. Chris de Burgh would be a good night, wouldn't it? Oh eight hundred and eighty? Taddy in nine nine two text boy, Yeah, I don't think I just TV three just turned off in christ Durt's throw it down and get in touch. My name is Marcus welcome. He'll be enough of his breaking usual hero out of here first boy. We did well with the other Tarry the headline on that last night by the way too. If anyone's following the mushroom trial, could they sum that up for us? There was two steaks left, which was weird. But I'll tell you what. If she wanted to kill her family and get away with it, she just about managed to do it. She hadn't searched on a computer for killing mushrooms on the eye naturist site and sort out of cell phone, she probably would have done it. By the way, we've got that situation near Nelson Waka Powaka Road road blocked both directions. You might be eyeing the sky there. I don't know the road, don't even know how far out of the city it is, but that can be rectified. A quick Google map search for that one wa po Waker, not Jeepers. It's on the way north.
Speaker 12: Oh.
Speaker 2: That would be inconvenient for a lot of people. So if you got someone tell about that, come through too. Mirror of Females, Hi Marcus. I went to the Beach Boys concert at Western Springs February nine eight, well that's forty seven years ago. Was an afternoon concert. The weather was a real Beach Boys summer day. I was twenty at a boyfriend with MG Sports and thought life was pretty perfect that day, just an unfeartable moment in my life. The music was incredible to listen to live and a new Cameron got some great zoom shots of the band. Brian had a gift for composing music with beautiful harmonies and chords. He truly was the soundtrack to my life. And he must have performed a number of times in New Zealand, both solo and with the Beach Boys too, so that might be something you might remember. But also too, you might want to take some time to just share the reasons why you thought that he was such a musical genius. If that there's no doubt, I'll be curious to know how you articulate that, because yes, it's probably not something I can articulate well because I don't know. But before my time, I guess there wasn't something other rediscovered. But yeah, the musicians that love pet sounds, boy do they love it. They go big on that. Get in touch. My name is Marcus, Welcome eight twenty six, looking forward to your calls, traffic, wather all that other stuff up across that tonight too. So there's breaking usual here about that here first people, but also discussing the trial of the women in Australia with the mushrooms, what it tasted like to the beeth Wellington because you think if something was that toxic or it taste toxic. I'n't done much research about mushrooms, but I mean I think she had. She killed three, she killed two, killed three and put one in hospital for a month. I think pretty unbelievable. Marcus can't believe people watch TV anyway. Oh there's something about free will. I saw Beach Boys, christ Church nineteen seventy eight. According to Paul McCartney, God only knows why is the greatest song that was ever written. Marcus, they call her dumping the dehydrators. She said she'd never had.
Speaker 5: We have.
Speaker 2: She had to dehydrate the mushrooms because they're at a season. Is that right? I remember there was a few searches at the tip that they're trying to find something, but clearly she managed to hide the cell phone. Tell Dave to turn off the TV for two minutes. Dave turned off the TV for two minutes. Headle twelve. My name's Marcus, Welcome, eight hundred and eighty ten eighty faulty. It's Marcus welcome, and good evening, evening evening faulty.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I was busy team a Radia. Sorry, Mars. Yeah, you did ask for anything different than what you're talking about, ed the local up here, I'd like to mention the new highway that just opened to replace the men and were too good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we talked about that quite a bit last night.
Speaker 7: So it's good that you I'm sorry, No, that's fine, No.
Speaker 2: That's good, that's good. I'd like to hear your opinion of it.
Speaker 7: Well, well like that saying over here, it's brought the place alive again.
Speaker 2: Dana Rgea.
Speaker 7: Woodville, Woodville mainly, but also it's opened up, like you've got the straight highway one over one or two side. There's a lot of tourists going up that way, you know. And like they're talking on the radio now, it only takes eleven twelve minutes to go over over the hills, so to speak, from Woodville to Assues, whereas over the saddle road or the track that you're looking at twenty minutes. And we're talking trucks and trailers and things. So it's time saving, it's got a it's got a lower cost for people as well.
Speaker 2: But well tell me, tell me something faulty. If you're in Woodfall and you're working in Palmerston North and you finished work at five pm, what time are your home?
Speaker 7: Well, instead of twenty six minutes over the hill, it's going to take you eleven.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but there's others you'd have to get from Issues to Palmerston, wouldn't you, And from the to the start of the road.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And I don't travel that and I can't honestly answer your question. Yeah, but those are the figures I heard on the radio this morning, because apparently it opened for traffic yesterday.
Speaker 13: Is that?
Speaker 2: What's today? I think I opened. I think today's Tuesday. I think we're talking about on Tuesday morning, Tuesday night.
Speaker 7: Open, but no traffic were allowed about a week ago.
Speaker 2: Opened a sad day, then good to go Tuesday morning.
Speaker 7: Right, I'll tell you why. It's everybody. I'm an ex retailer from Danny Vert in the nineties, and I can imagine the struggle that the Woodville people have had, especially after that Gorge Road coast. So it's given a new breath of life into the Taylor UD and bringing the main traffic flow back over this site. So and that includes transport and tourists. So that's just what's really what I wanted to say.
Speaker 2: What's the point of Woodville.
Speaker 7: Well, it's there it's a it's a.
Speaker 2: Horse training kind of area, is it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but it's the main junction sort of thing between like you come from the Dannyburgh area to Woodville or you come up from say Eker Tahuna to Woodville to get access to the other side of our island.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's a funnel effect. Markers.
Speaker 2: Is there retirement kind of a place?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 7: No, But but I'll tell you what if that road hadn't opened, it would have been.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, how many how many people would be there? There'd be five thousand there.
Speaker 7: No, honestly I can't tell you. Again, I couldn't put a figure on it. But but our whole area covers from north within the North down to Mount Bruce. Do you know where Poka National Park?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Okay, from there that's about to up north of north of Northwood. So that's that whole area has now got access to the other side. As an it's costing people a heck of a lot less even to get something to delivered. For example, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: What's the weather, like, I guess all the rainfalls on the ranges, it's probably in kind of it's probably in like a rain drought area. Is it.
Speaker 7: No, No, it's rain will very low. What will used to be under the sea Originally there's a big valley that comes up from the lake Ferry from down Mortainway comes right up at the base of the Henny Dannyburg I think is only something like three hundred foot above sea level. So I mean like that. I may be three hundred meters, but I live at five hundred meters out from danny Rick towards the coast on the east coast.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, copy that, okay.
Speaker 7: So I get a heck of a lot different weather up here, and I can see it coming heidnty snow.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I had sleep markers with a full moon the other night. Believe it or not, we had a polar blast.
Speaker 2: Love a polo blastfoll I'm going to run, but thank you? Does even know why? New Someone wants to know why Nelson Street off ramp is blocked and police turning traffic back the wrong way, multiple emergency vehicles. You know it's happening in Nelson Street. Something a bit grim's happened there by the sound of things get in touch. Brian Wilson back on the tara Ua Highway eleven and a half minutes they say, what a gorgeous looking road. You want to get a bus going there? Also to Brian Wilson, the beach boys, particularly the pet sounds albe might be a musician, wants to a pint about that, talk about that. I am up for those discussions. To get in touch marks till twelve on this cold night. But yeah, just ten days and the days start getting longer. Came around quick than I thought. Actually, factually the winter solstice just ten days away, although it gets colder for a month later, doesn't it. The earth kind of slowly cools down. Woodville population sixteen hundred and eighty growing at two percent per smaller than Bluff growing at two percent per annum. It'll start growing now, grow like Topsy from Google Map. Looks like quite a nice town. Sort of got a town square in the middle with dnal paths across. It looks good. A couple of all blacks have come from Woodville. I think Joe Schmidt came from Woodville as well. The coach, I think that might be the horse train I ever got that wrong? Was it pay Yere two where they train the horses? I think it's Woodville. We don't talk back at length on Woodville. Pretty sure that's the way it works. Ashurst, Well, that's a different kettle fish altogether. That's one on the other side. Always a bit surprised about the sunscreen story. It seems to come out of it every two years that they don't work. I think they'd be more stringent tests because people pay a fortune on sunscreen. It's kind of crazy if it doesn't kind of work, surprise. They can sell stuff that doesn't work and run it straight. That's moving to Dubai, which I think probably tells you everything you need to know about Dubai anyway, Karen, it's Marcus. Welcome, good evening, Hi.
Speaker 7: Thanks.
Speaker 14: Following the mushroom casephoretically, and it's a definitely a very interesting situation with what went on and the loss of life, and it's quite bizarre to be fear to consider why this woman, as she's found guilty, actually undertook these actions. And you alluded earlier to the forty foundations of law that focus on proving beyond reasonable doubt that she's guilty and front of the jury, and you're quite right and suggesting there's the jury. There's fifteen members in Australia. I think one of them was discharged for commenting on the trial outside of after a court date. So they had twelve and they had three reserves, and now I guess they're down to two reserves. So I believe in this circumstance going to be a unanimous decision. They'll look for and around the key areas or the breakdown of the elements to prove beyond a reasonable doubt. You know, the defense will be looking to see whether or not she caused the death, and the cause will link that is, one event led to another, so that'll be hotly and widely debated, no doubt in the court case. And I believe this is going to be a six to seven week court case, which is extremely long, but when you've lost three lives, it's sensor reason that you want to challenge or look for those links to.
Speaker 2: Just to recap. She had researched lethal mushrooms, right.
Speaker 15: I didn't see that.
Speaker 13: But what I thought was really really.
Speaker 15: Bad was the fact that she bought a dehydrator and after that she went into two areas. I don't know how they ascertained this. It might be finding her mobile phone records, but she went into two areas where the deaf cat mushroom was located and it was no one to be located. And I don't know if you've ever googled to see what a death cat mushroom looks like, but it's quite unique, and that it's simple mushroom, but it's got green around the around the circumference of the sort of the lid of the mushrooms. So you can't say that, oh, got it confused with the normal mushroom, because it quite clearly has green. And yeah, she went looking for mushrooms in an area and tried to blame it on an Asian store that she claimed she'd brought the mushrooms from, and yet the police couldn't find any any other mushrooms or any other sicknesses related to people who had purchased or acquired mushrooms from that Asian store. So it's highly debatable just for the prostitution to prove that her actions of putting those mushrooms in the meal caused the death of her guests. And I also read somewhere that although they were unwell immediately after that, one of the guests refused to get admitted to hospitals, and the gentlemen or their father in law said this either key witness in this obviously he said that at the dinner that there were four distinctly different plates. They were colored differently to the plate that Eerin Patterson ate bomb to the size, and the color of her base was meek and different to the fore plates that they all ate from.
Speaker 2: So she ate beef Wellington without the mushrooms.
Speaker 16: And obviously, obviously and there must have been and the children, her children have said that she ate beef Wellington that was prepared from a previous.
Speaker 13: Lunch, or the lunch earlier that day or somewhet. So she had taken a meal, her meal from that previous meal and prepared a different meal for her in laws and their relatives or so, it's absolutely disgraceful action of the woman to do that. I don't know if she realized, but apparently the deathcap mushroom. Mushroom, even a mouthful can kill, depending on your age, your house, and your immunity.
Speaker 2: Okay, I leave it there, Carab, but thanks so much for that's fascinating, really good to hear from you. There appears to have been a fairly serious plane crash in India and our membered Ahmedabad an Air India flight carrying at least one hundred ninety five people besides crew members. One hundred and ninety five besides crew members crashed in our Medabad's Mcgani area near the city's airport Thursday morning, sorry Thursday afternoon and videos shared online. Smoke was seen emanated from their Dani Airport premises. The aircraft, a Boeing Dreamliner, took off around one forty seven pm, slightly slaid from schedule. Officials say it was air bound for about nine minutes before it crashed, so it hasn't crashed on takeoff. It crashed nine minutes after takeoff with one hundred and ninety five people on board excluding crew members. That report I'm reading is from the Indian Express. That's the most recent update I can get on that one with the most details. I'll bring in more information about that when I can. Angela, good evening. Hello, Hi Angela.
Speaker 10: How's it going. I hear you. You've been talking lots about the exciting new road over between one or two and to Do or the highway.
Speaker 2: Yes, we have certain.
Speaker 10: Any impacts that's been having on Woodville yep.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 10: So I'm a business owner in Woodville and I commute that road daily and what a difference it has made to the commute time, the travel, the town and everything.
Speaker 2: So how does that work? So you don't live in Woodville, you work there and you live in Palmerston? Is that right? No?
Speaker 10: No, I'd actually live in rural men were two near Fielding. What used to take me anywhere between forty five minutes and an hour and twenty to drive takes me thirty one minutes now wow. So that obviously depends on the traffic. You get stuck behind the trucks on the saddle road whatever might might come across. But on a good day it was forty five minutes, it's now thirty one.
Speaker 2: Why you don't just live in Woodville?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 10: Yeah, was a good little town. But we brought into a business recently there and the kids and stuff go to school.
Speaker 2: Yeah you're building enough?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Easier has it been? What have been implications for the town and the seven years that they haven't had the road? It has it slowed the town.
Speaker 6: Down huge.
Speaker 10: Closed that. It hasn't closed the town down, but it's made business hard. A good chunk of the traffic would have bypassed the town and now in the last twenty four to thirty six hours it's been open that through. Traffic's just significantly increased. The car parks are full, the car parks used to be empty. There's a real vibe and a bustle in the in the village now, which is really positive. Like they've been hanging out for this for eight years, Like it's been eight.
Speaker 2: A long time to wait a yeah, really long and.
Speaker 10: The locals are resilent, resilient. But yeah, this week's been a really good week for the community.
Speaker 2: It's great story for a lot of people in Woodville work in Parmaston North and commute one hundred percent.
Speaker 10: Yep, definitely. There's lots of commuters even from Danny Urk and further Afield commuting daily and vice versa. So like the difference it makes from Woodball to Parmestan North nineteen minutes it used to be half an hour.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, okay, wow wow, yeah, okay, that's something.
Speaker 10: You could guarantee, you know, like and you'd be almost guaranteed that the fire sirens would go off and there'd be an accident on the set or someone slipped off it, so that would hold up hold out your commute time as well. So you're coming much safer road.
Speaker 2: Will you go to work? You're going against the flow most cars again the other way.
Speaker 10: You are, No, No, it's both ways and you've got trucks going both ways all the time.
Speaker 2: So it's busy already. I'm what I'm saying. The road is big enough. There's enough lanes of tandling the traffic one hundred.
Speaker 10: Percent, and it's it's well, four lanes, two lanes each way, no congestion, No one's getting stuck behind slow traffic because there's a lane to jump into to overtake and pass them. You can get from Ashes to Woodville and what used to be twenty minutes fifteen to twenty minutes and under ten, well under ten, like six to eight minutes.
Speaker 2: Now we'd stop breaking around. Can your hand? Can you all car handle the gradient?
Speaker 10: One hundred percent? Definitely it can.
Speaker 2: Yep, god's ten percent. Someone said they can. Ho was a bit gutless on it, but yours is fine.
Speaker 11: Oh well, I.
Speaker 10: Think my mind's fine. And no one looks like they're really struggling out there.
Speaker 2: Okay, oh god, Oh that's it's been a good week for you, then, has it?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Brilliant?
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, you have, you have to come visit Woodville, have a wonderful coffin.
Speaker 2: I will do. Ang'l nice to hear from me. Thank you. It's all positive. And she's going against the fly, well kind of against the flow. Oh eight, what are her businesses? Would be the wind Farm Cafe. That'd be my guess. Okay, google episode, because you'd say you have to come and have a coffee, didn't you? I wonder, Sean Marcus. Welcome mushrooms.
Speaker 6: Very simple rule. Never eat a mushroom has been growing under a tree, and if you can't peel it, it's not safe. So that it's got to be dark underside and the girl's dark and you can peel it and then you're safe. Anything that's white or growing under a tree, leave it well alone. White. There's a toadstore.
Speaker 8: It seems.
Speaker 2: It seems, it seems in nature that things that are poisonous don't taste that good. Do you know what death caps taste like?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 6: Never try them?
Speaker 17: No.
Speaker 6: No. But if it's why, don't write gels underneath. Don't touch it.
Speaker 2: But I think in this case, Sean, she was deliberately trying to poison her family.
Speaker 6: Oh that's a different different.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, she's like opposite week for her Sean, but thanks for hanging on there. Someone said why would you dehydrate the mushrooms? I think because they're probably hard to get the right amount. You have to go on a few foraging occasions and you dehydrate them, and you'd store them to get enough for the beef Wellington because you want to be spread right through. I've watched them make the beef Wellington watching last night with Old Gordon Ramjet's recipe. You've got proshutto and you've got meat and then you've got pancakes. It's a complicated kind of thing in pastry. But there's a lot of different mushrooms you put in there. We want to get all spread around, so who everyone get to bits if you're trying to kill them. If the new road is not going to be told, does that mean motris? The locals should expect the new future the near future. The sudden appearance of point to point cameras at either end.
Speaker 13: Mark.
Speaker 2: Is The danger with all this talk and exposing to what happened with the mushroom instant is it gives wayward thinking people all sorts of ideas insights into doing a copycat crime themselves. Wow, that's a good point. But they've got the Internet anyway, which is free range for those kind of crazies. Would I go to some random, random person's place they have beef Wellington, I'll check in the cupboard first to say that a d hydrateer. Do we have death caps and news in and I don't know? Some say yes, some say no. I don't know. Marcus good to be the city. I've got a power cut, so went off the radio. Over to the radio for a change. One of my favorite things about Brian Wilson was his daughters Karney and Wendy joining with China Phillips, daughter of John Michelle Pillips or the Mums and the pupa is to make Wilson Phillips. That's right. I was quite a fan of Wilson Phillips on the day with hold On, hold On for all One? I forgot about that. What movie was that used in Bridesmaids or something? They used that big? Did they just a bit more information on this Air India flight according to who was that dan that you said? The last one according to know the one about the situation that hadn't landed at the airport landed beyond the perimeter. According to the Indian Aviation Regulator, the airplane has landed beyond the perimeter of the airport in a civilian area, which probably I would imagine will be adding to casualties. It was a seven eight to seven h eight Dreamliner and the air planes that have been in service for thirteen years and they have carried over one billion passengers and there has not been any extents that result in a loss of aircraft or fatality, so they have had a perfect safety record until now. So just confirming over two undred people on that flight. And there's not much footage yet of the fuselage, but there's still footage of the fireball and the smoke and it appears as though it's accident. They'd be free, very lucky to survive. There was a flight from a Metabad to Gatwick in London that just happened about probably one hour ago. I'll bring you more details when i've got those people. So if you've got more informational to do, let me know. So, yes, that's the situation there. I don't know, it's surprising, it's not surprising, but there's been no footage or shots of the impact zone. I don't know if it's built up residentially. Requite what's happening there, Garyet's Marcus. Good evening and welcome, Good.
Speaker 18: Evening, Marcus. How are you you good?
Speaker 7: Gary Good? Yeah.
Speaker 18: Nineteen ninety nine, I went and saw the Beach Boys at Melbrook and Okay, really really really quite disappointed Brian Wilson didn't come on stage. I mean they didn't tell us before. And Mike Love, one of the members that he carried the whole vocal work, the whole the whole day. You know, he did a damn good job of it. But it was that I was reading that he was very erratic with us when he turned up for concerts, and that he was often not well you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and seems to have kind of founded up around the world the best intentions, but sometimes it might just have been too much from other sounds of things.
Speaker 18: Yeah, I think so. Yeah, But it was a good show outside at Milburk, and Mike Love did a pretty good job.
Speaker 2: Were you like a super fan, Gary, because I know some people the Beach Boys about Brian Wilson, people just adore his music.
Speaker 18: Yeah, well, growing up at my age now, and you know, they were big and they you know, they you know, they were party songs, you know, and they to give us songs, and you know, they were quite quite good songs for all sorts of occasions. But yeah, they didn't you know, you know, I can't remember so long ago, but you know, I was disappointed that that Wilson wasn't on stage and he must have been croc or something. But I was just reading earlier today that he had a lot of ups and downs with his other reasons why.
Speaker 2: He got for good age though, which I was pleased to see he did.
Speaker 18: He did well well because he had a pretty they had drug habit for quite a while too, but yeah, yeah, he yeah, but my glove. He was a big, tall guy and he wore a cap and he carried the whole show basically, and he did a hell of a good job, you know. But no, that was Melbourne nineteen ninety nine.
Speaker 2: I didn't realize they were concerts at Millbrook. Did they have them there? And amongst the golf course?
Speaker 18: Yes, yes, yes, on the flat yes yes, because it wasn't until they went out the road to that ran.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 18: Yeah, this was way before it. This was way before they found that nice location. But this was all on the flat and yeah, they were there and they had they had you go. Yeah, they had the sounds, you know, that's what we went for. But it was a bit disappointing he wasn't there.
Speaker 2: But did they they acknowledge that.
Speaker 18: No, no, they never even told us before the show or anything.
Speaker 11: No.
Speaker 18: No, the show just fired up and they were all there and they had the organ sound that they had. The sound was perfect, but they just didn't have them, you know.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, oh, nice to hear from anyway. Gary, that's a nice change of tune. Patricia, it's Marcus. Welcome, good evening, Good.
Speaker 11: Evening, Marcus by Patricia. Lovely to have you back.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 11: Well, I'd like to talk about the mushroom case. I've been following it from Australia. So the latest I've heard was you probably know everything that's been going on already, but they increased the jury to fourteen usually twelve, but they've increased it by another two and probably the case will go on for another six days. But getting down to the probably the information that I'm going to tell you is probably from the poor relative from the hospital. Well this was what they said that with the mushroom soup. She had an orange bowl. All the in laws had gray bowls. They suggested to her that she had the orange bowl for herself so it couldn't be mixed up with the gray bowls with the poison, so she couldn't answer. She said she wasn't even aware of the bowls being different colors. So that's all my import from everything going on here, Patricia.
Speaker 2: Did they talk about Did she talk about why she'd thrown away the dehydrator?
Speaker 18: No, I didn't hear that, Okay, I just.
Speaker 11: Thought i'd bring you up to the different colors. She had bowl being orange and the in laws bowls were gray, and she said she wasn't even aware she had different colored bowls. She couldn't really answer anyway.
Speaker 2: You wonder if how they managed to find it to be fit to trial too, because it seems to be a bizarre and of real unwealthy to want to carry out. But oh well, that's justice for you.
Speaker 11: I suppose her estranged husband she invited too, but he refused, so he's very lucky. He's so lucky now that he did not go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess, Patricia, I guess probably one of the reasons they haven't taken such a real I've been kind of interested, but I've found a lot of the details quite confusing. But just because you know what it's like, you don't get the whole summing up of the case. But I also believe there'll be a movie of it soon, which will be compelling, be a great movie. Evening David's Marcus Welcome.
Speaker 12: Had it on. Hey, I can probably answer some of those questions about what was missing in that last.
Speaker 2: Call of details you've been following yet.
Speaker 12: Yeah, So I mean it's a pretty strong circumstantial case against her. Yeah, And so her whole argument of why she got rid of the dehydrator was because the ex husband or they're still married, as I understand it, told her at the hospital is that how you poisoned my parents. So therefore she freaked and then got rid of it the next day at the rubbish tip, which was, of course, after the doctors had already told her that they suspected mushroom poisoning.
Speaker 7: So there's a.
Speaker 12: Whole lot of things in there that are very very strong, circumstantially against it.
Speaker 8: Dave.
Speaker 2: Was it hard for her to get the mushrooms? Were they quite hard to find?
Speaker 12: I can only tell you what I've what I've read, and so she randomly joined or a website called Eynaturist where they would report the location of these these mushrooms. And so you know, she's got to explain why she would go to that site, where she pretty much can't. She says she foraged for mushrooms. Later she told everyone initially she didn't. You know that it's very seldom in a murder case that there's a smoking gun. It's always, you know, all the strands of evidence that combined together, you know, to convict, which there's a very very strong circumstantial case against her. But he next stage, as I understand, it will be the defenses chance to put forward their case. You know, they may very well have some some witnesses, but at this stage it does look like from the circumstantial evidence, you know, she probably did do it. It was one of those things there.
Speaker 2: Dave, was there a compelling I can't quite work out the motive?
Speaker 12: Well on Facebook and whatnot. Of friends, she'd if the Iffing family was to that effect, because they wouldn't get involved in you in the child support.
Speaker 2: Okay, that was about okay, okay, so it's about child She tried.
Speaker 12: To him to come. She tried to get the husband to come. Okay, so you know she probably wanted if she did do it, because remember, you know, the only one that really knows is her. You know, she wanted to take them all out and were the children.
Speaker 2: Were the children themselves at that meal?
Speaker 12: No, she sent them away on that day randomly. And you know, so the item that she built that she made from the recipe was supposed to be a lock ie one piece, but she made them as individual pieces, including an extra and in case, you know, the husband came. And so you know, you got to ask yourself why she didn't get sick if she ate the same meal. She says that she had diarrhea. They see her going to a toilet for eight seconds and come out says that she had to relieve herself on the side of the motorway the next day while or road while driving her sudden to flying less and he doesn't recall it. You know, it's not the kind of thing you'd forget, right, So driving along, Mum or Dad needs to pull over because they have to quote relieve themselves. And we're not talking, you know, we's here, we're talking. You know something else, So you know.
Speaker 7: It's it's it's high.
Speaker 12: And the other, which is she's got an answer for everything, this lady, and you know, and one be careful what to say.
Speaker 2: But it's best villains do. But yeah, well I think we're right under under subject to say because we're in New Zealand station, we're broadcasting in New Zealand, so yeah, we're not influenced the jury.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 12: So the one is that she know she got rid of her phone. Well there was two phones. The cops found one when they searched her house and she reset them remotely and they still haven't found the second one, you know. And so she also said that she went to an Asian grosser to get his mushrooms, et cetera. She came up with, you know, quite a number of stories. Didn't want to I didn't want to take the I don't think that's a big deal about not wanting to take the kids to the hospital, because if they don't have symptoms, then you know, why would you take them to the hospital. But the real question is you know that that that poison is obviously pretty potent. You know, the guy survived took months before he came right, So if she had even a small portion of it. She would have had more than just you know, a mild diarrhea. If she would have, she would have been in trouble.
Speaker 2: And so was this something, David, Her going for a gastric surgery?
Speaker 16: Was it?
Speaker 2: Did you follow that part of the evidence.
Speaker 13: Yep.
Speaker 12: So what she said was was that she she lied about She's admitted to lying or implying that she led them on that she had cancer, which she didn't have. And so she said that she had a medical procedure at some some you know, private hospital or whatever coming up, and that was going to be gastric bypass surgery. However that hospital doesn't do it. So she's like, well, I don't know that, you know, I was going to go for life per suction. So there's i mean, you know, one or two of them on their own. But yeah, there's thirty or forty things that she's got to explain, and you know they the far simpler explanation is that is that she did it. And if she didn't do it, if she's innocent, she's bloody unlucky, and she's bloody stupid because she made herself look guilty as hell.
Speaker 2: Love to hear from me, Dave, thank you so much. Full it's Marcus. Welcome.
Speaker 12: Hey Marcus, there's quite a few details about the place that to us, it just seems like such a couple of idiot moves from from the defendant. I mean, clearly, I think she is but daft, but she clearly wasn't expecting there to be any witnesses the next day or the next week. You know some of the things that the different color polls, and it's.
Speaker 2: A very everyone was everyone was supposed to die.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, I think things like the different color bawls and things people like we'd be saying, oh, why should do that? But she didn't expect that there'd be anybody to to, you know. She she thought that maybe the next week she could say, oh, I know all the bowls were the same, and this week, you know, she didn't know.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 12: And also it's I think it kind of seems to like even if her kids are are not prepared to life, where because their testimony has been very unhelpful, as it seems.
Speaker 2: Are the children with the father.
Speaker 12: I'm not sure?
Speaker 2: Okay, because you also you also wonder why that why her advisors didn't because it sounds like it sounds like she's unwell, doesn't it to want to do that. I mean it sounds like you'd almost have some sort of defense of insanity.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think.
Speaker 12: I mean, if stupidity was was a defense, I think should be well advised.
Speaker 2: Or she could. But but but as you say, Phil, she could have got away with it cold if she If they'd all died.
Speaker 12: Quite well, quite possibly, it would have been much harder for her to much harder for the prosecution there would you, like, say, no witnesses too. She could she could have made up any any number of events and they it would have been very difficult to.
Speaker 7: To crew her wrong.
Speaker 2: Although it's very clear that it was deathcat mushrooms that killed them. I mean, that's that's the thing. I mean, the cause of death is quite straightforward. It's just how they got there.
Speaker 12: There's the string of circumstantial evidence that is only it was only made available because the witnesses lived to tell a story.
Speaker 2: And there was just one witness that lived.
Speaker 8: Is that right?
Speaker 9: There was just the.
Speaker 12: Or some I think some of them lived. Yeah, yeah, I'm not sure anyway, that's me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, God, thank you, far I do appreciate it. Here till midnight, we're talking about Brian Wilson. We're talking about also the mushroom case in Australia, which is fascinating. I don't quite know why I felt it quite it was quite long winded to try and kind of get across what was happening. You really needed to kind of commit to following the trial to follow it. So I've been really grateful for the people who have come through with the reports. This text has said too, which is quite good background the Pattersons, the in laws didn't want to get in between Erin's relationship issues with their son, so Aaron said she had cancer and invited them around Inclin the next husband for discussing on ideas on how to inform the children. That's why the children went there. Apparently her exton trust her with food as had a problem before, so didn't go at the last minute. Had she tried to poison him before? Do I remember that? Going on? That's what we are discussing, looking forward to what you've got to say. Seven past ten more, it's Marcus, Welcome.
Speaker 9: Hi Marcus. I've got some more information on the mushroom courts. Only one is still alive and he's been sitting in on all the court cases every day. She did apparently try and poison someone once before, but of course they're not able to mention that now for this case, the hospital wrung her and said to her that she should come in because the others had been admitted and were seriously ill and they were really concerned about her. So she went into hospital and then after ten minutes discharged herself. And that was when she went and panicked and got rid of the d hydrator, and then she went back into hospital because she was a bit concerned. I think that was the following day, and they were monitoring her bowel movements in the hospital and she was she had like quite severe diarrhea. Then she's admitted to having a us.
Speaker 2: Listening yes, yes, yes.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, yes, oh yeah. She's admitted to have an eating disword. At most of her life she was a binger, so she ate, you know, couldn't help eating lots of food. So I found it quite interesting that at the meal itself she only ate one third of the beef Wellington. She didn't eat the whole lot where the others, yeah, we're eating at all. She left a plate for the husband in case he turned up, and the next day she actually gave it to the kids, but she took out the mushrooms and the pastry because they didn't like mushrooms or pastry, So.
Speaker 7: Gosh, she didn't.
Speaker 9: She didn't. It wasn't typical for her to have dinners or social events at all at her house, and she didn't have anything to do with his family usually except when she saw them at church. She said that she had them over for dinner that night because she was going to tell them she had cancer, but really she needed them to look after the kids, so she wanted to work out a sort of childcare plan while she was in hospital getting some liposuction done. So that's all the extra information I've got.
Speaker 2: Well, there was something that she went into a gas station and they were one in what she was doing in a gas station. That was early on on the trial, which I got confused by, do you have an information about that?
Speaker 7: Yeah, she was.
Speaker 9: So the next day she took her son to a football game, which was like at least an hour away in the car, and apparently he was hungry on the way home, so she just called into the gas station to get him some food.
Speaker 2: And why was that significant, I'm not sure? Okay, And with her toxicology report. Had she eaten the death caps or no? Did they do it? Did they work out whether she had any mild poisoning or was that because I presume she had need any of it?
Speaker 15: Had she.
Speaker 9: Well, they said she ate a third of it, And I haven't heard about the toxology report actually confirming that. Yeah, but that. Yeah, but they were like monitoring her bowel movements and she went something like eleven times and a few minutes something crazy when she did go back. But I mean she could have taken something to make.
Speaker 2: Her go to the er course of course.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that while she went, you know, sort of discharged herself. And yeah, she might have thought to go back and do that for that reason. That was me what I'm thinking.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, gosh, underlying it just tragic for those kids, say that's it just sounds like just as like a ghastly scenario, doesn't it.
Speaker 5: It does?
Speaker 17: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like a mother who clearly appears to be unhinged.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I think so. And I thought that the son actually said when they said that what the guy before said that they were standing up for them in court. I thought he actually said, Yeah, No, he did say that she had been on the toilet a lot. So, yeah, they are sticking up for okay, sticking up.
Speaker 4: For a yeah.
Speaker 2: Inter was she so? Was she sold custody or was she shared custody with the father?
Speaker 9: No, she shared custody. And it sounded like he was sticking up for a well, he wasn't sticking up for a bit, but he wasn't.
Speaker 2: I mean, you can imagine if you're living with some of that for a long time, that you yourself could be slightly you yourself could be slightly twisted, and you're thinking, couldn't you. I mean that's the situation you're environment for a long time. Do they go to the Yeah, and they do. They still go to the same.
Speaker 9: Church she goes. Sounds like she goes to Yes, she goes to the church with his family, and I assume he goes to that church as well.
Speaker 18: The ex.
Speaker 2: Do you ever know what you go?
Speaker 9: I don't think she had a good relationship with any of his family though. Yeah, like she it wasn't a normal thing for them to go to her house for dinner. I think it was the first time they'd ever been around for dinner.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it doesn't look it's going to end well for her.
Speaker 5: Does it.
Speaker 2: No, No, because what witnesses would they call for her defense?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 9: Maybe, I don't know, maybe her friends, the character references, but as that guy before said, she had been bad mouthing them on a group chat the family before the meal.
Speaker 2: And yeah, do you know any think about the gathering the mushrooms she got that eye naturalist site just started doing that. I wonder, you know, because you'd have to get all the you'd have to get.
Speaker 18: All the you go.
Speaker 9: Yeah, sorry, she she swore that she didn't forage those mushrooms, that she actually did get them from a Asian market supermarket. But it was weird that she had been on that website.
Speaker 14: That was weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and she hadn't got rid of her such history that that was all there on the on the computer. Is that right?
Speaker 9: That's right? And then there was a whole weird thing about the all the phones there was four you know, how you'd take your phone back to the original setting. She had done that four times on her phone, and she had blamed that she got a new SIM card on giving one of her phones to her children, so she'd wiped it back to factory settings and then put a new SIM card in for a child, and then they took her phone, so she took her phone she'd given to her child back and that's why she had to take it back again to factory settings to use it again. There was a whole lot of factory settings with the phone swhich was really weird as well.
Speaker 2: You know, I didn't I didn't know about that because I didn't even know about factory settings. I didn't even know that was something you could do.
Speaker 9: Yeah, if you want to clear everything that's on your phone and put it back to how it is when you first buy a phone, that's what you do.
Speaker 2: I thought it was all on your card. No it's not, No, not all of it.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: So is it what you're like more or is this case particularly fascinating or you're just that true crime stuff.
Speaker 9: I'm into the I sort of. I got well, I got into the Johnny Depp and Amber Heard one. I watched that every day, and now I've been on the Puff Daddy one and Puff Diddy and this one the Mushroom.
Speaker 2: Okay, so that's been it's been a big couple of years for you.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, it has.
Speaker 2: Okay, a great recap, Thanks very much.
Speaker 6: For that.
Speaker 2: Mon appreciate that greatly.
Speaker 6: There we go.
Speaker 2: I'll find that very interesting. Actually, yeah, that's great. Get in touch you or talk one of his markets. Also talking about Brian Wilson, who starts there. You might have seen him perform New Zealand. You might have seen the Beach Boys performing New Zealand. You might have seen them perform elsewhere. You might have had some running with them. You also might want to be one of those musicians that want to tell me just the level of his genius, because I do know he was a genius, and I know people love pet sounds. I spent some time listening to that today. I'll spend more time listening it tomorrow. I'm not quite into the depths of it yet, but I know musicians just absolutely love it. A tiny album, thirty eight minutes, so twelve short songs, but yes, I think it's voted sort of the second greatest album of all time. Nineteen past ten. The number is, oh, eight hundred and eighty ten eight. We are getting reports that there has been a landslide in Littleton. Now it says that that's evacuated multiple properties or cause multiple properties be evacuated. That right, so four places have been affected or four places have been caused to be evacuated. Yeah, so four places have been evacuated. Ambulances, urban search and rescue, fire and police are all there. So that's potentially looking like quite a serious situation. That's a landslide in Littleton. We have a photojournalist that is heading there and I'll bring you more information about that when we have that. If you've got some more information, text us through. We'll call us about that. Twenty past ten, Brian, and that's Marcus. Good evening. Hi.
Speaker 5: Just a couple of points. A caller earlier meant that there were She said there were fourteen jurors who were actually fifteen jurors selected originally one was discharged during the trial, but when they go to consider their verdict there will be only twelve, so they must have two in reserve, which is a bit different to the New Zealand from the other point is that the evidence has concluded, and obviously the defendant is she was the main witness for the defense to cross examination finished late this afternoon and as I read it, that is the finish of the of all the evidence and now it'll be up to the prosecution and defense the sun up and then the judge. So we wait with interest.
Speaker 2: Is it a different a different judicial system there, apart from the number.
Speaker 5: On the job. Well, yeah, yeah, I mean, to my knowledge, there's no law in New Zealand that allows more than twelve jurorsm collected. So I presume they have juralism, you know, and I stand by in case I needed so.
Speaker 2: So her lawyers not yet had a chance to pick their holes in the prosecution's case.
Speaker 5: Well, they would have been cross examining all the prosecution witnesses. But they will get the last. The next stage that I understand is that the prosecution will sum up their case, followed by the defense, followed by the judge. No doubt they'll the defenseful try and picks me hold of it if they can when they make these omissions.
Speaker 2: But I mean, I'm at the I'm at the stage where I'm thinking, I'm surprised they didn't go to trial without a plea bag or something beforehand, or some sort of defense, some sort of claim of diminished responsibil because it seems like it seems like she's got no case.
Speaker 5: No, it looks very very strong circumstantially against it. But who knows. With juries, you never know, but I'd be surprised if they found her anything other than guilty. But yeah, we wait with interest.
Speaker 2: I don't even know if there's anything. I don't even know if there's any president with that. There's there been other cases of mushroom poisoning.
Speaker 5: I can't I haven't had a club.
Speaker 2: I'll look into it. Yeah, I'll look into it.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's fascinating, and of course there will be a movie, but yeah, what I Yeah, I'm going to just to see the whole thing. Does seems unfortunate with her own wellness and the custody battle and the parents, and yeah, what an unfortunate circumstance and dresstic action to try and kill everyone. You imagine your mind goes down there. How we do all mushrooms? That's going to be the answer, Patty, it's Marcus. Good evening.
Speaker 8: I'll get an Marcus just plane. About the plane crash, CNN was saying that it's sort of seven to nine minutes, like initially dead and they were coming back on May Day. That's what they're reporting to so and the interesting fact about this plane also, it's the US plane owned owned by that who make those streamliners in the States, but they don't. They had all the Rolls voiced engines taken off and they use a cheaper Indian brand for those streamliners for and they've been running those streamliners for about thirteen years and hadn't had any problem. So it's it's probably going to be a long investigation, you know.
Speaker 2: So there were trouble with the Rolls Royce engines were there?
Speaker 8: Is that right?
Speaker 17: And they replaced them with there No, it's only India that I think you had choice. Okay, Rod's voice are usually what people what most countries would go with on the Dreamliners. I know Quantis that I think they do the Rod's voice with their Dreamliners. Most of them do the Roll's voice engines because I mean they'd be the top of the line. But India had a different one.
Speaker 8: It was fully serviced in India also, So yeah, so whether but it's still owned by Boeing. The planes are all still owned that they'll send a team and to investigate Bowing. Everything has to be frozen and Boeing going there and check it all out.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it was mentioned, but I've seen n Patty, but I did read it that the the chief executive of her in there as a guy from christ Church is a key we guy. Was that mentioned at all?
Speaker 8: Oh no, I didn't.
Speaker 2: I presume he's based India. But yeah, I hadn't heard that either. Okay, oh that's interesting information. So Paddy did appear as though the plate had taken off, and then there was a made and it turned around mayday call.
Speaker 8: Yeah it got to.
Speaker 2: Six hundred feet had it turned around and came into kind of land? Yeah?
Speaker 8: Yeah, obviously there was a mate cast face.
Speaker 2: Look because the footage I've seen it coming into land, it looked quite in control. It looked like a standard kind of a landing, but just fell short of the fell short of the runway.
Speaker 8: Yeah for you, isn't it that's hard? You know when they look like they've got an you know it would be you know, yeah, I wonder what the may day I mean, whether it's the engines were on fire.
Speaker 2: You couldn't see any smoke or anything that looked like it was quite standard. I'm going to run petty, but thank you. Seventeen to eleven, eight hundred eight ten eighty and nine two nine two de text markus still twelve of you talk about this or anything else feel free and the mushroom case that people are impressed with people's level of detail on it. People are really quite compelled by this. What's a pretty fascinating case the human condition and all of that. So yeah, eight hundred and eighty ten eighty and nine two nine two de text a text here high Marcus as a Boeing pilot myself looks like from the very short video from takeoff, either had no flap selected, or a low flap setting such as five degrees five is generally okay for a full length runway takeoff, or he had five degrees and possibly took off from an intersection point along the runway as an i e. Not the full length, then you would generally need a high flap setting like fifteen to twenty degrees. It's not necessarily an engine power issue. It's a lift generation from the wings and flaps issue. Cheers, Gazer. The Beach Boys were my first concent in nineteen seventy five when I was thirteen at Western Springs. Saw them again in the nineties at Baypark Toddonger double bill with Chicago Magical. We'll never forget how good they were. But BBC knowledgeable commentator said wheels should have been up in seconds and weren't one minute, and in flaps were attracted which shouldn't have been. They need to be right out for Ma's lift. Evening, Bruce Marcus, welcome.
Speaker 19: Yeah, day Marcus. Yeah, how's it all gone?
Speaker 2: Yeah, good things, Bruce.
Speaker 19: It's a way they not just that. Yeah, I've looked at a few of those views of that plane crash. But yeah, it's hard to tell, but it's a bit grainy. But to me, he's I don't know, it looks like they've selected the flaps up and see with the undercarriage. But yeah, and it just wouldn't fly at all. It's too much to egg and under carriage and still looks a bit that way.
Speaker 2: But that I had to tell so William in the undercarriage, the undercarriage is up from until the ba is down until the plane's got elevation, hasn't it.
Speaker 19: I think normally they flipped down the carriage up after about you know, five or seven seconds some of that, I would say, And okay, but with the with the flips, they just slowly bring them up, like might take seven, six or seven minutes to bring the flets right up. Yeah, but better say yeah, if the FLEs went fully up, it's a bit hard to say. It looks like in the video, looks like they put it all right up. You know, there's no sick down at all, so the bugill look.
Speaker 2: But Bruce, Bruce, if that had happened, you wouldn't put a may Day out, would you?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 19: Yeah, if it starts coming down, and yes, you definitely would yet.
Speaker 2: But if it's if it's you saying it could be pilot era, right, well, yeah.
Speaker 12: It's hard to say.
Speaker 19: They want to Yeah, I don't like saying that, but yeah, it looks a bit that way.
Speaker 2: But I don't know, I just can't. I just can't reconcile how you do because you've got your co pilot there as well. If there's if you've done the wrong, but you know, you wouldn't go may day, would you.
Speaker 19: Yeah, we'll put it this way. It just doesn't look like as much. Yeah, the flaps aren't done much and like that, they normally say down for a long time after take off, so yeah, and once they fully up, you had a bug or lift with the wheel stored in at lower speed. So yeah, but pretty devastating. The poor buggers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but wouldn't have much They wouldn't have much warning in the host lead if that guy to jump out the window. I mean, I'm just trying to think. But it must have only been matter of seconds.
Speaker 19: O year. It looks I've only seen one couple of videos on it tonight, but yeah, it's just it's devastating in it. But he wouldn't have much time, like, yeah, it's sitting pretty quickly.
Speaker 2: Right, nice yep, Nice hear from your Bruce thanks to twenty five Away from twelve. Marcus saw Brian Wilson as seventeen piece Better Pacific couple of years back. He was clearly damaged early, but the magic of the music was there in Spade Sandy dyed cheers, bears. I see Trump has added mounted rocket launches and precision guided missiles to his birthday parade on Saturday. What a unit? What a unit? Won't be watching the parade? He went to that one in France, which he kind of liked, didn't he? Marcus Cure Marcus from Melbourne, Australia. Nice here from you, isn't he? Would you please give a shout out to my Auntie Hurley, who is currently heading in christ Church Rehab Hospible aftering a fall injuring her neck. Get well soon, Grandma Hurley or Auntie Hurley. She is currently paralyzed from the shoulder down. There's a messagejunior head of her, so please could just hand her our love from the Melbourne family. I've got the Sandy Hurley, Shirley Kirkaha, Uncle Pop Pop and of course Nanny corcor next door. Love you, Nan, Shirley and Pop Pop. Get better, Auntie. We're thinking of you and sending you our adha love. Tk's any destiny in Danna. Thanks Marcus always tuning in from over the ditch. Nice to hear from you, isn't he cheers that get in touch? You want to talk Marcus till twelve I like a trans testmin kind of get well. It's almost like BBC World Service. By the way, can I was run away with the league? Surprising because well down there down twelve to four. I think they're head thirty eighteen at Shark Park. I love saying Shark Park, don't they. Oh, I've seen some more information to I read that for you, just about their crash, just because now the expert to talk about Lieutenant Colonel John R. Davidson, a former US Air Force pilot and commercial aviation safety consult said the Stricken Jets flight data was highly irregular. From the data available at AIC one seven one appeared to have reached takeoff speed, but not altitude. To be a six two five feet at over one hundred and seventy knots more than four minutes after rolling out is highly irregular. This suggests either of relate rotation or a stall shortly after takeoff. There are a number of possible scenarios thrust or engine performance issues, excessive aircraft weight, poor trim or flap configuration, or a more critical failure that affected the aircraft's ability to climb, whether winds share or even bird strike can't be ruled out either at this early stage. Former senior Airline pilot Serah Bartnaga told India's NDTV NDTV that a bird strike was a likely cause of the crash. Those vultures there, haven't they It looks prime a facy, like a case of modable bird hits wherein both the engines have lost power. The takeoff was perfect and just I believe short of taking the gear up, the aircraft started descending, which can happen only in case the engine loses power or the aircraft stopped developing lift. From the footage, it seemed like the takeoff was uneventful. The aircraft came down in a controlled fashion, so that's the latest. So the plane was going along the runway and it took off and continued to go in that same direction and then descended and had a building that was the doctor's hostel from the local hospital. There were two hundred and forty two people on board. The flight was bound for Gatwick. The New Zealand Embassy and India have spoken. They said, to their knowledge there were no kiwis on board that plane, so that peers as though there are casualties in the hostel as well. And I've seen no reports that anyone on the plane survived, but I haven't seen reports to the contry either, but I asked. I have been seeing reports that people in the hostel survived by jumping out of the window or one person did survive. Of course too, the plane was full of fuel. I don't know if it would have flown into London direct anyway. It would have been full of fuel, no doubt, and there was a massive explosion of fireball, then a lot of black smoke for a long long time.
Speaker 1: For more from Mica Slash Nights, listen live to News Talks B from eight pm weekdays, or follow the podcast on iHeartRadio.