Speaker 1: With the Heads Podcast Network.
Speaker 2: Hello and welcome to Slow It Down.
Speaker 3: I'm your host PJ Harding, and I've started this podcast because, well, pretty selfishly, really, I feel like life is so busy.
Speaker 2: Even though I live.
Speaker 3: Literally in the middle of nowhere off Griz, surrounded by bush you'd think that you could just quiet in the noise, But I still feel stressed. I still feel overwhelmed. I still feel, you know, that pressure of keeping up with what everyone else is doing. And I want to carve out some time every week to sit down and have really conscious conversations with people who are also living busy lives. And I want to pick their brains and work out how they find peace and the chaos and what.
Speaker 2: Rituals they do to stay sane. It's that simple.
Speaker 3: Every week I'll have a new guest and hopefully we can be inspired together. I don't want this to be a judgmental zone. I want it to be a placed you can chill out and listen to over the weekend. And I am so excited to introduce my first guest on the show, Zoe Marshall. We actually briefly work together back in the day when.
Speaker 2: She was working on ZIDM and Auckland.
Speaker 3: She worked on a show there for a while and then we sort of just kept in touch over the years, and she's gone on to create some amazing podcasts. She created The Deep and then started a subscription called The Deeper, and the conversations that she has had on that podcast have been pretty heavy. She's talked to people well, parents that have been given a terminal diagnosis. She's talked to ice addics, conscious sex workers, the list goes on. She is not afraid to tackle a taboo topic. And more recently, she's gone on to create a new platform called Rise, which helps people create the life they deserve.
Speaker 2: And it's all about.
Speaker 3: Manifestation, but as she says, it's manifestation a bit better and she talks about her here's so much more to it than just a being woo. There's a lot of science to back up some of this stuff. So I can't wait to pick her brain in this episode. And I really hope you enjoying my chat with Sally. Oh Zorry, I've been so excited to catch up with you.
Speaker 2: It has been a while. I think the last time we talked, i'd just.
Speaker 3: Given birth and I went through like a step by step harrowing encounter of what happens.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you were there was a little bit of PTSD.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so it's really nice to see your beautiful.
Speaker 1: Face again and you howl'd the baby.
Speaker 2: He's just gone to Wow.
Speaker 1: Two years since I spoke to you, it's crazy. Yeah, you were living in the bush.
Speaker 2: I am pretty much.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, though I work in the nearest town now, so I actually do a radio show out of the local rural Talmas is a twenty.
Speaker 1: Minute drive look at you all set up.
Speaker 3: First of all, I'll run through what Slow It Down is and kind of the premise of this podcast and why I thought you'd be a perfect fat So basically, I think since moving to the middle of nowhere, you know, I had this expectation that life becomes slow and relaxed and I'd be grounded. And the reality is, I'm still stressed.
Speaker 2: Life still feels chaotic, and I have a beautiful life, but it's.
Speaker 3: So easy to not appreciate everything beautiful in front of you. So I want to talk about tips and tracks and ways to really feel.
Speaker 2: Like you can make the most of the golden years.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, are we in the golden years?
Speaker 2: I know, I no pressure I feel like this is.
Speaker 1: So aligned with where I am at because I am very literally in a metamorphosis of wanting to have the experiences and wisdom of like being an elder on a rocking chair, you know, but like doing all of that now, like the pace, the presence, the appreciation now. So I am every I'm just I want to get rid of everything. I want to get rid of, like a lot of my belongings. I want to downsize everything in my life. I want to just have my needs met and then be able to do less. And I am like it already is happening. And I think it all started with like I had a quite quite a scary breast scare in June, and that just shifts everything. And it's such a shame that human beings need such a dire situation to wake them up, but I did. And I just got back from two and a half weeks in Europe and Dubai and literally just sitting in the sun eating bread and butter and olive oil, I was like, this is living. Obviously it's very different circumstances, but what if we could bring that level I like to call it like the magic in the mundane, like finding the miracles.
Speaker 2: Stop it there.
Speaker 3: It's literally like one of my actives, well objectives of this podcast is finding magic in the mundane, or like finding meaning in the mundane, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I find like being in awe of everything around us. So I think we have just been really stripped of so much importance because of you know, how distracted we are, how we've got these kind of really quick dopamine hits all the time. We're not able to focus in and slow down and appreciate the things that we have. I created a whole new business. I got rid of, like slowed down one side of my business and started a new one which is all around this and it's around manifestation, co creation mindset. But truly, like it sounds like a riddle, but everything that we want, if you are living as if you already have that thing, and you're already feeling the way it would feel to have the thing, then you already have the feeling you would have it even if you got it. So it's kind of like once you get all the stuff right, Like I went really hard in my career and I got the accolades, and I got the fancy car, and I got the fan house and I've got the fancy things, and then you're like, oh, fuck, I didn't need any of the fancy things, any of them. Yes, right, but now shut down all those businesses. Start something that feels like in true service, which will also keep me accountable every single day and just be able to meet life where it's at and be able to practice in real time. Like it's okay to become heady about all of this and get into the education and do the YouTube and be in the tutorials and join the courses. But unless you're in complete chaotic insanity and you don't start to bring the stuff in, there's no point. Like you're just on the kind of little rat wheel. What do you call it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is the rat race.
Speaker 3: That's also another reason why I wanted to do this, because I've bought so many self help books of my life, and I know all the shit to do, but just so sometimes implementing it is kind of hard. And you're right, it's so sad that we have to have like these life awakening moments, you know, whether it's a family been beginning really unwell, or you lose your house or whatever, when people are really steered with what reality is that's when they're like, oh fuck, I don't have long to live and I need to live and I can't waste another second.
Speaker 1: And like what am I doing?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And how am I eating? And how am I moving? And how am I turning up for my family? And how am I working? And like like we are just in this autopilot of life happening to us, and no one actually stops until you're forced to stop, which is a health scare or a death or like a crumbling and you're like, oh my god, I have to change. I can't smoke anymore, I can't drink, like I like all of the things. But really, I guess what I'm trying to teach my community to Rise is like we don't need to get to breaking point to change, Like we can bring in really incredible mini habits to change your life and it will change your life and you can have these realizations now and not at seventy you know, on the Rocking Chair. I feel like I'm very aligned with your podcast.
Speaker 3: Well, I was looking at some of your videos on the Rise page today and there was one that caught my eye and it was so funny because this woman was talking to you about the importance of starting your day with something positive and how that will set you up for a more positive experience. Not necessarily bring you more positivity, but you'll be more aware of the positive things that happened to you. So I watched that video and then the second I've got it into practice, right, And I was like, Okay, okay, you're right, because I wake up in like a stressed mode, right, and I know I should be more mindful. So I was like, Okay, I'm gonna say the mantra, what if everything just worked out?
Speaker 2: What if everything just wikes up? What if everything just.
Speaker 3: Waks aut and it keeps saying that and then no shits away. I walk outside the house and there was this rainbow just going over our house, like it was the perfect rainbow.
Speaker 2: And I was like, I gotta tell Zoe that, oh.
Speaker 3: My, And then it just stayed there for our ages and I was like, okay, well, that in itself is just one of those moments.
Speaker 1: And so there is science behind this, because my program is backed by neuroscience. There's science behind starting your day with a declaration, an affirmation, a positive headspace like it.
Speaker 2: It it's not just were woolshit, No, It like.
Speaker 1: Impacts your rath system. Your ra system is your reticular activation system. And what that does is we are consuming so much information all the time as humans. We are always scanning for information that makes us true or safe. So if you wake up and you're like life is hard, things are hard, and nothing works out for me, your rath system is figuring out, Like I'm sure there was something underneath that rainbow, like there was a traffic jam or there was this, or that was that, and you were like, okay, but I see the rainbow in the traffic jam, and I see the rainbow.
Speaker 3: In that moment, I was like, oh my god, because I'm so guilty of just like back in the day, I felt like I was bitter at embodying all these things that I believed, like having all these red chalks. But it's so easy to get caught back up in that like wheill as you talk about, and I know there's so many beautiful things that I miss out on. So it was it was quite like a powerful moment where I was like, you cannot afford to miss all of this beauty and magic, because that's what it's all about.
Speaker 1: And we do become addicted very immediately to our to do lists and our needs and our children's needs and the work and like. But the thing is, which is so funny and very humbling, is the world doesn't end if you didn't do the grocery shop, or if the child is like the school, or if you didn't have as many talking points for the radio show, Like it just doesn't. Like maybe eventually you'll lose your job if you don't keep doing. But I think we start to lose. We are putting things in a very important category that aren't and we're putting ourselves and our mental health and our movement and our conversations as like something at the bottom of the barrel when I've put the kids to bed and I lay on the couch and I'm scrolling on TikTok and watching a show at the same time, Like it just we're responsible, And I don't think that anyone can like victimize themselves because we all have the ability, like we really do.
Speaker 3: Okay, so give me some really great ways things that we can do to weave into our day to encourage that presence.
Speaker 1: I think, firstly, this isn't like a quick hit. This isn't like winning the lotto, This isn't like a pyramid scheme marketing thing where you make keaps of money, and like, no one is going to do this for you, and it is going to require commitment to yourself. But I can tell you the people that we look up to, the celebrities or the entrepreneurs or the billion dollar business people, have such integrity with their routines to themselves. So I say to everyone in the course, especially when you're starting, get up thirty minutes before you usually do right. And that's really hard if you've got kids and you're getting up at five instead of five thirty, right, but go to bed earlier, and in that thirty minutes you have the ability to create a declaration when you're in an alpha state, that awake state, right to program your rust system. You can do some ah some I want to say human uses it. I want to say it's called like horizon gazing, but it's when you look out and you're kind of balancing your circadian rhythm, which is going to really support your sleep. You can either journal or meditate, whichever feels better for you. Move and stretch, eat, Like if you do like two of those six things, you're already setting yourself up right. So when the kids get up, they're like on, they're like ready, And you're going to be a better parent. You're going to be more patient, You're going to be able to listen to them. They're having a tantrum because they want the blue cup not the red cup. You're like, I really understand, I get it. Fuck I really like the red cup too. But you won't be just like pulling them out the door. Oh maybe you will, you know. But I think that starting your day for yourself and allowing yourself to set intentions rather than the DA catch you up is really important. And then there are a million other things that we can bring in, Like you really got to be serious about what you're consuming. How much what are you drinking? Are you a caffeinated person, Are you're relying on stimulants? Are you getting your nourishment in like where little like organisms we need to be fed and watered and slept. And I think it's like looking at basics, are you moving every day? And then like how do you see the world and what are you doing so co creation, how I teach it isn't wish for thinking that a ferrari is going to end up at your doorstep. Just because you put it on your vision board, it's like what am I doing today? What actions am I taking to be magnetic to what I want? And so like I had a real doozy of a day on Thursday. It was like our fucking doozy, horrendous jet lag. I hadn't slept at all, bench had food poisoning, my nanny was off. One of my favorite favorite teammates within the my business resigned. A lawyer needed a very specific information from me. My account wanted to have a really hard conversation. My dog vomited and I couldn't. I couldn't. My daughter was like, you know, like at me. And so it was a real moment of like, that doesn't just kick a person into doing that kicks you into like safety seeking, behavior finding security. And I went into my my autopilot, which is like fix everything now, like blinkers on, don't talk to me. I'm going to solve all the world's problems in this moment. And then my husband was like, you're not okay. I was like, I'm really not okay. Like a lot is happening, and we have this beautiful session. We had this workshop within the community that night, which was such perfect timing, and within this workshop, I was able to explore what it would look like if I did things differently like that way of like tunnel vision, getting everything done, fixing it all in one day and stressing myself out. I've done for forty years, So what would the other way look like. I saw benj my husband, downstairs after this workshop, and I said, listen, I know I was in a wild state when you saw me. I need you to know that I'm going to practice something and tomorrow I am not going to do anything about those things I've already like literally shot off. I've taken so much action today to put out ten fires. But tomorrow I'm not going to chase like the fire engine. I'm just going to allow the action that I've taken to simmer and connect. I'm going to go to the beach, nice beach. You take my daughter to the beach, and I am physically going to take myself out of where I want to be with fixing. And it was in those moments, and that's what I said at the beginning of this, which was when the shit hits the fan, what learnings and what practices are you putting into place? Because we go to the place we feel the safest. We don't go to the place which we have the greatest growth. And so I took my own advice and I went to the beach and I did that stuff, and then I realized, with a bit of space, you have a bit of clarity that I was like, oh my god, this colleague leaving is the best thing for us. And it hurts because I love them, but you would never have let them go. You would never and this is holding the business back. What are you going to do? And so now on Monday morning, I have three incredible business strategists that are like the whole thing has just come together because there's been space and I've done something implemented the growth without kind of that habitual. You know, I wanted wine. I wanted heaps of wine. I wanted to eat heaps of chips, and I wanted to.
Speaker 2: Did you do any of that or did you just go to the beach spac I just went to the.
Speaker 1: Beach and then I went for a walk and it was like, this is so fucked being woke, Like how boring. And then on the weekend, I definitely had two glasses of red wine. That's me being really wild. And I've woken up today, no jet lag, and just like I just am excited, like I did all my practices this morning. I'm back. Yeah, and only it doesn't have to You don't to spiral for six months, hmm, Like you can like do this in a day.
Speaker 3: With manifestations, people often talk about not forcing, not forcing, not forcing. Yeah, you took a step back from there and you just allowed, and then all of a sudden it was trusty mantra.
Speaker 1: It was like let go, let go, you know, trust trust for us. But that's really hard for like a control freak. Even as a manifestation master like you. Still it's just a humbling experience because you never graduate from this stuff. Your life is just impacted by different situations and circumstances where you just keep leveling up and it's a beautiful life, like it's an extraordinary life. But what you see a success and what I see a success and the person listening are so vastly different. And I'm not playing the game anymore for whatever anybody else thinks is successful.
Speaker 3: For me, God, I get so caught up in that, I really do, and I think that I'm bigger than that or you know, mature enough to like see past it, but I still compare myself to so many people, and I'm like, why the hell am I comparing myself to her? I don't actually want to be like her, but I'm still comparing myself.
Speaker 1: But if you didn't want what she had, why you compare exactly?
Speaker 2: I don't know, because there must be an answer. There's gotta be something.
Speaker 3: I don't know because I feel like they've got more success than me, and I feel like I could be doing that, but then I'm like, no, but I don't want to be doing that.
Speaker 2: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: But do you think that their peers are looking at them like, oh, they're more successful than Polly?
Speaker 2: No one, no one's looking at it like that my brain, or like.
Speaker 1: Are they thinking, you know, Polly chose to live out in the wilderness and chose peace, and I'm still here doing the rat race thing? Like Polly's got success? I want that? Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Oh, it's the rose ten of glasses, It's the grass is always greener mentality. And I want to know, do you have an answer on how to get out of it?
Speaker 1: I think we need to get really really clear on what we want and why we want it. And if you come from a place of ego where I want what she has or I want that job, because then my peers think, or my mum will think, or I'll drive a Lamborghini and hot chicks will like me. Versus I want to do work that I feel passionate and purposeful and I want to be living a life in integrity and of service to others are two very different things. Like it's okay to want fancy shit because our ego is always running in the background and we want people to give us a compliment or acknowledge us or make us seen like it's very human. But that's fine online a superficial level when we're talking about like our life path and our purpose, like get really clear on why, because when we go back to that whole point of like feeling the feeling of being the most successful version of yourself, right, if you're living that feeling, walking as if you're that person, talking as if you're that person, you're going to be attracting so many opportunities and people and places and things and serendipitous moments that meet you there when it's in truth versus ego, and so it's like you can keep trying to out smart yourself or you can just like surrender your options.
Speaker 3: Yes, And when you get into those mindset's this such roadblocks and obstacles to actually getting what you want, Like they're just fucking waste of time, waste of time.
Speaker 1: And you think you want the push, right, yeah, and then you get it and you realize no one is looking at you in your push, No one gives a shit about you and your push, like they really don't. And the people that do, like, oh, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: I remember when I was in Australia and I was on billboards and I was like, really good work it, and I just remember going, as I say, I was like fin o this river, this is not going to be this, Like there was such a big part of me that didn't feel that deep sense of fulfillment, and like that was confronting to a lot of people. I think they were like, why would you step away when you're in you know, this position? And I was like, I can't really explain it, but I just got to go home and I got to grab my roads. And you're like, you've got to follow those nudges.
Speaker 1: And I think that people see that as successful when you're not being dictated to by what society is you should have and you're following your truth, even if that looks crazy, like living in this beautiful home and not wanting it anymore because it's too much and you don't know it's too much until you're in it and going like I want something that is enough, not too much, Like it's weird for people are not okay, and that's okay because they're not in the same place as you, and you just have to be like you will be confronting for people because they are being mirrored what is actually drinking back to them and that's not your problem. You just have to be in your truth.
Speaker 3: So you're going to get a tiny home and like living to.
Speaker 1: Rural New Zealand next to you fighting for your your radio job.
Speaker 3: So I have to seen you talk about the imbortance of boundaries, particularly over the last couple of years. Can you talk through that, Like how does that look for you? Saying no as a former people pleaser, Oh.
Speaker 1: My god, Like I had Terry Cole, who is like the boundary master, come on board and take us through it, and I think it's just such an interesting thing, especially raising a little girl to you know, what we're like as women and how we were raised as children in the eighties and nineties is such a impact on our boundaries sexually, with consent, with work, with like signing off your email's kiss kiss, like like all of the stuff as a woman and boundaries versus even bringing in you know, men into the equation and how they do boundaries that just seem so much more adequate than we are. But boundaries. So I'm writing a book. It's in its almost at its final edit, and your first part it's my first deal.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it's so great. Congratulations, thank you.
Speaker 1: It's such a wonderful experience. But this, this whole I have this whole chapter around boundaries because it's almost like and I explain it like this, like having a door, bitch right to your energy into yourself and you are a exquisite like very very elevated club. You know, like we're talking, you just can't get in. You need like a membership, you need who's who, Like it is like the Kram Della Cram, and then you've got drunks out in the middle of the night trying to get into your club. It's like no they're going to come in, piss on the walls, have punch up, smash all the glasses, like absolutely not, like this is a sacred place. Boundaries are for us. It looks like we're putting a boundary there for somebody else, but they are for us. And when we say, unfortunately, I'm out of office from three pm every day, and the emails keep coming and you get back to them on a Monday and they're like, hey, you didn't get back to my emails. Yeah, it really clearly states that I'm out of office from three pm without an explanation. When a family member wants to come over and see your newborn baby but they're sick, and you're like, sorry, we're not having visitors for this week and next, and I'd really appreciate it if you could let me know when you're well and then we'll organize a time that suits us. You know, like all of these things, it's not people see it as being rude. It's not being rude. It's allowing people to understand your standards and what you require in life. People think that I am very particular neurotic, and some of those things are true, but I also have exceptional standards for myself and then for everybody else. If you're in my orbit, and if you're not, like I don't mind, but if you're working with me or if we're friends, there is a quality that I expect and that I like will return in favor. And I think the boundaries help that. And I'm really willing, like I love other people's boundaries. When I see someone like set a boundary, I'm like, fuck, that's hot. I'm so sexy for them, Like, I like respect, you have self respect, So I mean you want more information. The whole workshop gives you like play by play on how to set a boundary. But this also will come up in moments that feel deeply uncomfortable, where you will people please when you really should set a boundary.
Speaker 2: And so how do you how do you prevent that?
Speaker 3: Like when it as an in this like spur of the moment kind of thing and someone's there and you're like not prepared for it because I guess we're boundaries. Sometimes people can be ready to reply with an email or whatever butt offect when one comes up and they ask something in your face and you're like, like the people pleaser might want to come out, but like of course, I.
Speaker 1: Would say, like, if we're going from full on people pleasing to boundaries, there's like an evolution. I would ask for time. I would say like, oh, that's a really interesting question. Could I get back to you on that, not in a in five minutes or in a day. Can I get back to you on that. That's a really kind way to pause yourself. Then you could reflect and go like, oh no, I could have said thank you so much for the opportunity, it just doesn't fit for me, or unfortunately I can't stay back today. I have some commitments, you know, or unfortunately my contracts it I end every day five o'clock. I won't be staying back, but we can negotiate if you wanted to explore something further. So I think to start with us for time, and then reflect on what you really wanted to say, and then always lead with kindness. It's like being really firm, but being really kind.
Speaker 3: And how has life changed since you've been bitter sitting these boundaries?
Speaker 1: Like you just have so much more time. You can't like life is too short to do things you feel obligated to do unless you're in a contract.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can't really get out of that.
Speaker 1: Look, I'm really in this transitional evolution even with friendships with family members, Like, really, I'm doing some big stuff, ending some big relationships that have required endings for a long time that I haven't been able to do out of obligation. And you don't. No one deserves anything from you if they're not meeting you. And it feels so good. It doesn't mean that. There are parts of me, like the shadowy parts of myself that don't miss them, you know, and the comfort of certain parts of the relationship. But the commitment to myself is more important than that.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm, I love that.
Speaker 3: So how would you describe how life feels right now for you?
Speaker 1: Really exciting? Thursday wasn't so exciting. Today is really exciting. There is a lot of movement, there's a lot of change, but I am so willing to evolve and just I think I've had that weird, you know, society impact on me where I have to keep scaling and growing and scaling, and now I'm just like, no, no, I'm.
Speaker 3: Just going to I'm going to downsize.
Speaker 1: Yes, the quality of what I've got out there is so high, it's ever green. We don't I don't need need to do more without that happening really organically.
Speaker 3: If there was a quote that you live by, or you think there's a quote that is such a good mantra for one's life, there's one, pop to the top of your head.
Speaker 1: I've got one. We had to we did this for the book, and I was like, asking you shall receive, and it's actually that quote is actually in the Bible, and so we had to like reference the Bible. And then they're like, you're definitely setting the wrong tone. So I removed asking you to receive to whether you think it's true or not. Hang on, it's oh my god, whether you think it what do you think it's true or not?
Speaker 2: You're right right.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: This is some one like that, like whether you think you can or not, you're right right as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I love that because it's the same thing. There's too many like I love let go or be dragged. That's one of my favorite things therapist because she's very My therapist is like a psychologist, but she's definitely spiritually inclined. We had this real we had an amazing session and we kind of I guess I said that and she's kept it forever as a reminder to me is like, you know, you can choose the hard way or the easy way, it's still going to be the way.
Speaker 2: Oh that's good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's really.
Speaker 3: Good for someone who's in a bit of a rut at the moment, feeling like they're not loving their best life and there's so much more that they want to be achieving, but they just feel like they're kind of stuck. Do you have any advice to get out of that rut?
Speaker 1: I mean, join the membership, use me to your disposus, come in. Don't know something really seriously though, within that community is having people around you to inspire you. We call them rises, and they're people that show, like, you know how you were like comparing yourself to the girl at the radio station, being able to transform her into if you wanted that you didn't want that, right, but say that you did. Transforming that envy into someone that stretches you, that you can talk to, that you're inspired by is such an amazing way. And within the community, you have all these people every day going oh my god, I'm stuck, I'm in a rut, and you have someone else coming up with this helped me or did you try this or this meditation is amazing, or did you do the Inner Child Workshop? And then you've got people that are there to champion you. You've got people there that can help you do priming phone calls. I think staying accountable is the biggest thing. It's kind of like a gym work membership or losing weight or doing something new. You have to have accountability. And that's why I created the community is because and I'm talking about the Arise community is because when I was in this ten years ago and there was no one doing it. It's so hard to stay committed and to believe. And even when you've called in everything and you've taken the aligned action and you've done everything, and you're in the abyss, which is the time where we wait for the manifestation to occur, it's hard. Bit I hate the most, and so having being in a space that's safe and you can just be like I am dying here, like my patience is running out what I do And they're like, go back to trust, go back to gratitude, do like, go back to the work. It's such a helpful thing because when you're out on your loan like an island, and you're in the abyss. You're like, it doesn't work. Fuck this shit. I'm going back to my old job that I hate. So yeah, I've created the thing I needed the most and it's very impactful.
Speaker 3: So people can find that just if we want to do a little fluggy blood plug.
Speaker 1: I think it's I think, oh my gosh, I should notice. I think it's a rise dot com dot a U A R double I S E. Or on Instagram it's a rise AAR double a se to Scot under Scot underscore because I fucked up the first time?
Speaker 2: Did you in charge of her?
Speaker 3: Come on, guys, guys, that's why you act like you're terrible and then no one asks you to do things.
Speaker 1: I know. It's a good good technicians accomplishent woman.
Speaker 3: Okay, so I'm going to wrap this podcast up with some advice that you would give to your younger self. Let's say Zoe is it early twenties, she's just finding her way through life. What would be the biggest nuggative wisdom that you would in part on younger Zoe.
Speaker 1: It's going to get really really bad and then it's going to get really really good. So just have faith when you want to give up, but it gets really good.
Speaker 3: Like just trust so beautiful Zoe, and so nice to reconnect with you today.
Speaker 2: I just love because you talk about.
Speaker 3: Evolving and how you love growth and all of that, and I just feel like every time I see you, you're like an upgraded version of yourself. I love that.
Speaker 1: It'd be terrible if I'd like gone backwards, right, You'd be like, what a disappointment.
Speaker 2: No, but you are.
Speaker 3: But like you grow, you just constantly shifting with whatever challenges are throwing your way. And I always looked at you as an inspiration. So thank you so much for coming on the podcast today.
Speaker 1: Thank you beautiful girl, and can't wait to see you in real life one day.
Speaker 2: Oh that was my chat with Zelly.
Speaker 3: I really hope you enjoyed it. Love to know what you got out of that conversation the most. I think some of my big takeaways were they're getting up thirty minutes earlier. It sounds like such a simple one, but even when you put it like, oh, if you've got to be tired, got to be thirty minutes earlier, you know you have.
Speaker 2: To be.
Speaker 3: Strict on sleep. Like sleep at the end of the day, is it runs us like honestly, we have to get strict on it.
Speaker 2: And I for one, and very guilty at staying up too.
Speaker 3: Late watching TV, particularly lately.
Speaker 2: So that was a really good reminder for me.
Speaker 3: And also I loved when she was talking about being the gatekeeper for your energy and being ruthless and really setting the boundaries of who gets to come into your life, which, as she said, it sounds, you know, a con soound quite brash and rude and brutal, but I mean, if you want to give the best version of yourself, you have to get really clear on.
Speaker 2: Who you want to bring into your world. And then finally, I really.
Speaker 3: Liked that story when she hit that really shitty day and just letting go when she hits the fan, instead of trying to fix everything and going into just the biggest state of overwhelm, actually removing yourself from that situation and going to the beach, going for a walk, whatever it is, just getting out of that moment where the world feels like it's falling in or the sky feels like it's falling in, and actually stepping back gives you the other perspective. So I really like that, not trying to push it in those situations and just taking a deep breath and realizing it's actually not the end of the world. But I would love to know what you got out of the chat this week, and you can help me up on Instagram, PJDJ see me a little message. I'd love to know of any other people you think would be great to get on for Slow It Down. Thank you so much for joining me for my first episode. I really appreciate it, and I'll see you next week.