Speaker 1: Out of the Gate with Maddy McLean, Chris Henry and Brad Christensen Jeer. It's so nice to be all met together. It feels like an age. It's two weeks, but it feels like an absolute age.
Speaker 2: We took a purpose we had a purposeful week, and then we had an accident a week and that's okay.
Speaker 1: Life happens. It's true Out the Gate style really isn't It's like, yeah, we have to one week, and then the second week comes around, We're like, oh, I don't know. I was a Jurassic Park when your message I was addressing you were, I knew.
Speaker 2: I did know you were going to be away last week, and then life just happened to me and Brad and we just couldn't pull it pull it together.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I'm really thankful because it's, as you know, it's just everyone's got really busy live. So really grateful for our listeners being patient. But we are back this week, and I note that we are a month ahead of ourselves in our doc Monday.
Speaker 4: The fourteenth of November. We're very very hopeful.
Speaker 1: Do you think we should just the ultimate where we just sort of keep this and then on the forty that. Remember, we just come back in and just do it again. Anyone notice this.
Speaker 4: That wouldn't be like us to rehash anything.
Speaker 2: Either do it again and then just see, like see whether our opinions have changed on stuff, or if we have, we might have a different take on something.
Speaker 1: You know, absolutely absolutely absolutely my yeah. But it's lovely a bit together, Maddie. How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm very well, I will say. One of our gators did message and said, boys, I thought it was just a week off, And I thought to myself, do you know us at all?
Speaker 1: Why are you? Why are you at all surprised that we might just disappear for an extra week. But it was quite good at it because we just have a week off and then we another week off. But we would write no comments about it. It's just like at all, well if it, if it didn't happen, people just refreshing their feeds hoping maybe that will come back. No, it's like if a tree falls, a tree falls in the wood woods and no one's around to see it, you know, if we don't record a podcast and no one's here to hear no one's here to hear it. Yeah, did we ever record? Did we ever record? A podcast.
Speaker 3: No one to try and record a podcast, record it a whole episode and it's gone to the ether. That one hurt actually because we know it was bloody gold.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 3: It was probably podcast award worthy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we ever entered the podcasts.
Speaker 2: I honestly think from memory and maybe my memory is hazy, I feel like we got off the podcast and we slow clapped ourselves out of the house that day.
Speaker 3: That was That was big Dick energy with us. We new Zealand's top media podcasting free ut.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then we forgot to No, it wasn't our fault or was that one our fault?
Speaker 1: No? I think it just didn't recaord did that. Yeah, we couldn't find it in the couldn't find it. It wasn't like the one. We all got ready to go and then we didn't have the right chord.
Speaker 2: For it and the different person's problems. So anyway, it was nice to be back with you boys. I've missed you.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's been It doesn't feel like it's been an age. Bradley, what's been going on with you? You beat down a p Nordy must not be very long to go.
Speaker 3: Back down the pe Nordy countdown is on. I'll be back in the mighty nine at the end of the week. Project done a stack.
Speaker 1: Your prince will be very happy to have you back, very happy. Well, don's be said.
Speaker 3: She said she'd be sad. Actually she told my sister she wouldn't want it sad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, you'll have to leave her like a little a little reminder, am.
Speaker 4: I to start carrying my laundry down? That I was going to say.
Speaker 2: By reminder, I meant just don't strip the bed and don't change the sheets and make her do all the work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I've actually I'm having some good mum time at the moment. I've had my mum up for the weekend. She's been grateful and she's supposed to fly home today but the pilot was sick, so she has to fly tomorrow because where she lives only one airline that goes there. So yeah, the pilot sex is flying in the morning. So I came out so afternoon and she was she'd cleaned the fridge out and cleaned the cupboards out.
Speaker 2: It must be the season. We did a massive spring cleaning our house.
Speaker 1: Over the weekend. As we feel good. Well, yeah, I got up. I cleaned up.
Speaker 2: I got up into the at ack because we've got quite a big ed. This is boring chair. I don't know if I feel like it's the chair of our generation relatable.
Speaker 1: It's totally real. We have a massive attic and but our houses.
Speaker 2: Our house is small in general, but the addict stretches across the whole roof, so there's a lot of space up there.
Speaker 1: But Kevin has space get room. Do you know what?
Speaker 2: There are multiple cutchiars up in the air deck really really truly Yeah, but it's just become a dumping ground, like everything gets chucked up there. But everything it's basically because it's like a set of stairs that pulled down.
Speaker 1: I was going to ask about how easy access here. Yeah, it's very easy, very easy. Excess. Yeah, anyone can come and go.
Speaker 2: He literally, but so you pull down the stairs from the roof and then you climb the stairs. And what we've been doing is literally just climbing the stairs, chucking stuff at the top, and then leaving it. So it's meant that everything's piled up in the one space. So I got up, cleaned it all out, separated it into different areas depending on category of storage.
Speaker 1: See that sort of level of organization. That's what gets my almost forty year old hard Yeah. Yeah, like I'm it, I get it. Did you go? Well? Hang on, Christmas is coming better. Ring the Christmas tree a bit further forward, front and center, brilliant, front and center. Mate, old you is going to be so proud. You're going to be proud of old You. You'd be like, where's the Christmas tree?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: They're here too, Yeah, talking.
Speaker 3: About Christmas trees and we talk We've talked about this the last two Christmases.
Speaker 4: Are you going to put it up soon?
Speaker 2: Rather than yeah, we're away for Christmas this year. So Ryan's this has been this has been my bug beer since the beginning of time, and by the beginning of time, I mean since the start of our relationship. Ryan's whole ethos is if we're not here for Christmas Day, we don't put the tree up. Oh that's bullshit, and we're not. We're flying out on the twenty third. So we're here for the almost entirety of December, certainly enough time to have it. It's more than three weeks of tree time.
Speaker 1: I think this is when we might have to have it, like an hour the Gate rolls. So I say, hey, look, I talked about this with the boys on the podcast and they say, put tree out. I'm putting the tree out. There's no doubt about.
Speaker 4: It will because you know, I'm a little bit like Ryan. I'm like sake, you know.
Speaker 3: But actually today I walked into like a party higher place, just just doing some reconnaissance for work, and they've they've got a section in there full of Christmas and I was kind of like, I stood a vomit, But then I was like, oh my god, it's nearly Christmas and the trees.
Speaker 4: That were decorated with gorgeous.
Speaker 1: See in our house. We obviously we'll definitely have the Christmas RN and we go up in December, but we've still a couple of seasons away. Currently, we've just gone up with Halloween. Are you a Halloween house? We are a Halloween house. We've got pumpkins. My niece has been here every the weekend. One of the fun top jobs has been counting how many pumpkins are around the house. There are numerous colored ones, ones with lights in them.
Speaker 2: So will you be shopping for candy? Come to October thirty first.
Speaker 1: Already done a mate, We did in America. Oh oh, divine are you what?
Speaker 2: Are you a heyho, come come and grab some candy kids, or are you a bar humbug?
Speaker 1: Get the hell off my property?
Speaker 4: Yeap, no Halloween and our household, thank you.
Speaker 2: I remember the first year that Ryan and I were living together, we got so excited by Halloween. We put up the decorations, we brought the candy, and then we've our whole that whole evening we were just inundated with doorbells, bring and we got so sick of it that the next year we shut the blind turned off all the lights, pretending we went at home a nice bar humbug again.
Speaker 1: Amongst it like it didn't needs to be my thing. But you know what, sometimes the relationships is about compromising, about just engaging in somebody else's interests. And look, this year there's a there's like a misting cauldron in the kitchen, which is quite nice. But Halloween signs on the door. We haven't quite got as far as cobwebs yet. Well like fake ones. It's a real one I suppose, not quite right for us, but it's fun.
Speaker 2: Oh well, maybe I'll get some candy. I don't look, I think It's too late for me to get decorated. I'm not doing decorations this year. But maybe I'll go and get some candy. Might go and get some candy.
Speaker 4: Maybe tell you what though.
Speaker 3: Again, out the shops over the weekend and camar is just chocer block of Halloween stuff. I was amazed at how much stock Halloween stock have gotten, the variety. I was like, wow, it's really hurt in New Zealand.
Speaker 1: Man, it has made good. Usually go to Costco. That's where that's where Halloween and Christmas have had little babies together. The whole middle of course, go is just half Halloween, half Christmas.
Speaker 2: I would love to go and like the the pop culture aficionado and me would love to go and celebrate Halloween because it just I was just constantly feed Halloween festivals and extravaganzas in the movies and the TV shows that they watched growing up. So the idea of going and doing that would be very exciting to me.
Speaker 1: What they do. I say that Halloween is like a very gay holiday. True, like many a gay event. Over over the Halloween period, you can sort of be wearing like some little devil horns in a jock strap. You could wear sort of like a skull face and a jock strap. You could wear a sort of like maybe like some draw some bones on you.
Speaker 3: And a jock strap perfect, or just just wear a jock strap because it covers every kind of ghoulish cushion you can think of. Apparently stays in Halloween. I must say, though, I am like Chris. I'm heading stateside next Monday and I'm there for two weeks and I've been invited to a Halloween party in New.
Speaker 1: York actually Halloween.
Speaker 3: I'm actually gonna lap it up because when do you get the opportunity to have Halloween and the US where we know that they just go hard.
Speaker 1: Go crazy. Are you just going to go devil horns in a junk strap.
Speaker 4: I'm just going to go devil horns.
Speaker 1: Straight.
Speaker 4: What you know? Why not hear your code?
Speaker 2: So I am I'm also going to a Halloween party at the end of this month, yes, and it's like a queer event Halloween part of Yes. So I need to come up with a costume. And I do know Angel Angel Wings.
Speaker 1: It's another great one. There will be a lot of that. So you think you'll turn up there and be like fuck, someone's were in the same costume, So do you Is it like a Win and Rome type situation.
Speaker 3: It's maybe a little harness and a jock strap. Then it's kind of you know, then it's an extra yourself angel wings. Then you're an extra angel.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Go hard, absolutely, go ahead and go home.
Speaker 4: I say, that's what they said. That's a good saying. Haven't one for a while.
Speaker 2: My question is because people do do like do go to those parties dress like that?
Speaker 1: So getting to the event, that's why there's a coach check. Mate, you can bring a jacket. Is that what it is?
Speaker 2: So that were along like almost like a trench coat type situation.
Speaker 1: And then I'll tell you this is just take a ruin the illusion of it. Most of the events, such as misbehavior as well as a coach check. What you'll find people often wear like a version of gym gear. So you'll arrive in more of a gym gear outfit. Pull off your gym shorts, take your gym single it off and then when Bambi, you are right.
Speaker 2: I did wonder that because I was like, are people just getting into the ordering their ubers? And then the Toyota prius is pulling up and you're just getting up and getting in in your jock strap, in your harness.
Speaker 1: What does make it quite hard in the winter.
Speaker 4: But then I mean, then you're doing that and you're going as a transformer. I don't know. Oh it's been hard.
Speaker 1: That was the dadest of Dare jokes ever. Could almost see my dad at end of the door still laughed.
Speaker 4: There's not a lot on the tech.
Speaker 1: Speaking of queer parties, did you see who was a special guest at quite a raunchy gay party in the UK over the weekend?
Speaker 4: Diddy hoster.
Speaker 1: Allegedly he did not.
Speaker 3: Path Well it's you know, it's not cancellable because we know it's top of mind.
Speaker 1: No. So this is party in the UK called Roast and it's a men's only party. Big, sort of like warehouse raves, lots of dark rooms, lots of fun times. Looks like a great party. It's a lot of fun. I saw a photo come through on the old Instagram this week. I'm a very special guest who had come along to to enjoy the party ladies and gentlemen, sadway between two beautiful twigs. Ian McKellen. Of course, of course he was so I he's he's not wearing a jocks angel wings. Just for the record, he is wearing a lovely floral shirt. But yes, so Ian McCowan. He's having a great time getting right amongst her. Amazing. Can you see that bread?
Speaker 4: I can. I'll look at that. He does get amongstter though I want a champ.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, I mean what is hespelly better?
Speaker 4: And it was from falling off a stage, not forgetting.
Speaker 1: Hey, hey, good pr works some different ways, mate.
Speaker 2: If I'm still getting sandwiched by two hot ripped men when i'm his age, all power to me.
Speaker 3: I reckon, absolutely, I usually I usually do it every week in between you guys.
Speaker 1: Stop it. I've got one other one that segways back off to this without even to acknowledge my segway. So not only this month is at Halloween's actually two other gay celebrations this month. Do you want any guesses of what they might be? A good alliteration in them? Maybe not literation that might have been a thing anyway. Two things to celebrate this month. First of all, this month is Joctober jock Tooba, where you wear a jock strap or different jockstrap every day for a month. Well, we're fourteen days in and I've only just got the memo. How many jock sets have you worn this month? None? None? Well we can we start now? Actually I lie, oh, one one, one day of a jockstrap. One day of a jockstrap. It's good. That's better than none. Congratulation, thank you.
Speaker 2: And it wasn't a whole day, but it was a devil of a day, a devil of a day in a jockstrap.
Speaker 1: And the second celebratory event that happens this month for homosexuals, which is a new one that I wasn't really across before, and that is October. Is that like a chastity chastity belt? Types? Is it really just totally most certainly is so October For those of us gators that maybe are not super across is where you wear you Actually didn't know how to describe it for honestly, I haven't never seen one of these in the flesh, so I've only seen them just by browsing the internet. But essentially they're like a little cage that puts your bits in and then you lock it, and then you obviously can't use your bits and pieces for recreational purposes, getting you can do whease I'm looking, I'm looking at to me all that they can give me no help in this regard.
Speaker 2: No, And I'm wondering is it more for the lock key or the locker, like who gets more out of it?
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know. Maybe it's a bit of both, yea, because I suppose if you're the lock key, then you're giving up the key to somebody else, so they might be able to sort of hide it away, put it in an ice cube, and then you have to wait for it to melch to come out. But yes, of the whole month, you haven't. Yeah, I mean I'm guessing. Well obviously, because only it's that part of you that's been locked away. You can participate in other things. So I imagine by the indurs, ravenous animal, oh my god, blue balls. Yeah, locked up, locked.
Speaker 3: Up, So it is actually about locking it away for the month. It's like it's like drive July.
Speaker 1: But it doesn't raise money cancer.
Speaker 4: Is that the concept?
Speaker 1: Yes? Very much so. And then I think you can I think you can say to somebody like I'm doing a lock check on you, and then they have to send you a photo of you're wearing it. Shall I shall I find one on the end, okay, and we'll put it up. We'll put it up online. I don't know whether you can put it up online. Look. I tried to put a nice picture of an Olympian s bottom on the Internet and I got a very stern warning from Meta and I was like, oh, I don't want to get the group shut down. How am I gonna find it?
Speaker 4: And talking about.
Speaker 3: Big and now well, not announcements, but but celebrations. This week it was National coming Out Day last week.
Speaker 4: Totally missed it, but seen it come up on the pop up on the Instagram. And you know, that's our generation.
Speaker 3: Is awesome because we've talked about it a lot, around being proud and just you know, let's just get on with it. But a couple of celebrities, you know, they they jumped on one of the gay Star news at right on on the Instagram.
Speaker 1: A great place for content, a great place.
Speaker 3: Now this celebrity I'm not really aware of, so I've had to kind of wikipedi Wikipedia him.
Speaker 4: His name's Keenan Lonsdale. So you guys, you guys are well.
Speaker 3: Across right has little court it or about celebrating coming National Coming Out Day, is this my quote. I think it's strange that we have to come out at all. What I hope we do now is keep building a world where we don't have to come out, but we also don't have to hide, where we can just be whoever we are.
Speaker 4: And that is so true, It is so true.
Speaker 1: I do do I say it.
Speaker 2: I think we are getting there slowly. I mean, I think if you asked the younger generation, it would be far less of a thing coming out these days. It would very much just be an open policy of in a date whoever I want, and I don't need to make a big song and dance about who it is that I'm dating. I still think obviously we've got a long way to go, But yeah, I do think we're getting better as a society generally.
Speaker 1: I think it's become a lot more fluid either, younger folk, do you agree, Brad.
Speaker 3: One hundreds definitely become fluid and more acceptable, and just yeah, it's you know, because we've all had those kind of those experiences and we've talked about it in a number of times and the times where we've had to recome out, which kind of not as you know, necessarily ret more toping but get into that place where it's just as it was just fantastic.
Speaker 1: I'll give you an example of it. Me and my partner has come back from holiday. We went to America. I went to Hawaii, had a spectacular time. Definitely ended up in a couple of hotel rooms with two double beds in them. So did Ryan and Australian holiday.
Speaker 2: And I was like, oh interesting, yeah, yeah, I don't know if it was part of me was like, am I just reading too much into this because I don't know.
Speaker 1: But they were definitely was like, there was definitely a look and then there was the giving. The keys arrived in the room, two double beds. I mean, my partent thought it was a wonderfully He was like two beds and I was like, get fucked. One's one's for the suitcases. Obviously, well I did. I did get a question the other day. I was sort of out and about and got talking to this this guy and he goes, oh, yes, what do you do?
Speaker 4: Told him want to do? I modesty? Wife did? That was like the city pisure, straight off a bat.
Speaker 1: He works. I would have loved that. She's busy at home, she makes the dinners, does the laundry because it's because you're so masked babes. People just yeah, so the most mask of masks. Like as you said it, you just like lean back and you just like really limped that wrist.
Speaker 4: She works.
Speaker 2: Anyway, heavy, heavy coming out day, because yes, I think it is important to always take stock of like hell far have come and how far we still need to go as well in terms of just making it very normal, very normal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and we've got so many cool platforms, you know, like on social media and Rue Pools Drag Race. I do want to make a plug and shout out to our good friend Akita Man, who is featuring on the season's Rue Pools Drag Race down unders.
Speaker 1: Hot Old Pockets given me a face, is not sure we're talking about. Yeah, I don't know who you're talking about. I'm so sorry. Should I she's going to send me recently, but she is just gorgeoy. I'm ready to look at that outfit. Obviously visual medium really helpful, but we'll share her on the Instagram story. But this outfit here, the one where she's wearing like amazing almost like a pink bowler. She does gorgeous. I will jump on.
Speaker 2: I'm happy to pledge allegiance to whoever. So is this the this is the train where we're catching this que season.
Speaker 4: This is our queen. This is our queen. This is our season.
Speaker 3: And just a big shout out to her girl Nikita, because she will slay great, very very much.
Speaker 1: So I am ready to jump on the band wagon. Let's go back to Obviously, we've been away for a couple of weeks and we've done holidays. Yay, tell us about wearing your acuber and going to La I.
Speaker 4: So with your Kubra jocksture and October.
Speaker 2: So we went to Australia, right, and I and we had a few couple of days in Sydney and then we had tacked on three or four days at Uluru is rock amazing. It was the most magical place I've ever been to. It was just so special and we went in with pretty high expectations, I would say, and then once something happened and I landed and I and I got I got an understanding of the fact that that it is it's a rock, right, it is a rock in the middle of a desert. And my first part of me early on was like, man, am I going to get am I going to get sick of this after a while because we are more days and maybe it's one of these things where you only need to come and see it once and then you're done with it. I never got sick of seeing it. Every single time I caught a glimpse of it. I was just an absolute awe right up until the moment we left. Even when we were flying we flew out of Ularoo, and flying you could see it out of the airplane window and I still was just like open mouthed, just jaw was on the floor. It was so beautiful, really special, really spiritual. It was just amazing and so fun as well. We did so many activities there.
Speaker 1: It looked absolutely incredible on the internet and nice to get away and have some special time with you, darling lovely.
Speaker 2: We did, though, take advantage of the fact that there were two beds o room and slept in separate beds while we were there.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, we enjoyed. Did you have a what do they call it? A like an really? And then and then who had to get out of the bed? Who had the who had to sleep in the whit spot?
Speaker 2: I I I think I would regularly get out of the bed, but that was mostly because I was the one that was encouraging the like cuddling and spooning at nighttime. But no, it was such an amazing holiday. I became someone that I never thought I would become though, because we decided one day that we were going to run around Ularu.
Speaker 1: There's like a part track that goes all the way around it. Yes, so it was just under ten k's round trip, so like a decent run but not crazy crazy. And is it hot? It can get hot, really hot. I mean in summer it gets very, very hot.
Speaker 2: But we were there it was like late twenties in the middle, in the head of the day, so we did an early morning run. But I became someone who took the top off when they ran, and I never thought I would be that person.
Speaker 1: Oh watch out, suburbs of Auckland. I want to see this in the flesh.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: If you've started, we've done it once, and you've broken the bed at the back of it, why not you had a great rig shout it off.
Speaker 2: But the beauty was I did it knowing full well I wasn't going to ever see anyone that I knew, and I was out running the other day and I ran right past your partner.
Speaker 1: Man, Oh, yes you did. I bet he didn't say that you had your shirt off. I didn't hear my shirt off because I wouldn't have my shirt off. Why not?
Speaker 2: Because I know people here and I don't want them to think that I'm that douchebag that runs with the top off.
Speaker 4: See.
Speaker 1: Now this is where I are having a shue with this, because you are using somebody else's possible thought about you to It's essentially change the way that you want to behaved percent. Of course I am, and I don't think that's necessary. But isn't that just life? Isn't that what we do all the time. No, I think you should be brave. I think if you want to be, if you want to be a role model, and you want to be, you want to be a role model to us. I reckon, get the nips out, free the Nips brand.
Speaker 3: One hundred percent agree. Get out their door, babes, Summer's coming. Absolutely, I can get out there and just if it feels good, do it.
Speaker 1: Great way of not having that sort of T shirt tan sort of scenario going on.
Speaker 4: Well, I would like chaping on the nipples.
Speaker 2: I would like to turn up for some of this year because I'm usually a pasty white little thing.
Speaker 1: It's a good way to start.
Speaker 4: Come on, no no pressure.
Speaker 3: But you know if if you're comor no pressure, you get any pressure, you're getting hot and sweety.
Speaker 4: What the shoot off babes?
Speaker 1: In fact, I think what I'm gonna do is if I see you around and you're wearing a shirt, I mean, get your TT's out. Okay, okay, fine, I'll do it. Yeah, all right, solved, locked that one in the dock. That one's been agreed. Nevous, I'll nervously give it a go. Make any new friends while you're on holidays? Yes, yes, so we were so ularu.
Speaker 2: There's like a it's called the Ears Rock Resort, and there's like four different accommodation types in the same area, so it's all very combined and you can kind of like walk through each each accommodation spot. You can actually like use each other's pools and facilities and things. There's like a little supermarket and a petrol station. And we were at one of the cafes and we saw these two guys and me and Rama both like, oh, they are very attractive, and then we went for a walk later that day, like a hike near Ularut, and we saw them again and they were beautiful men with their.
Speaker 1: Tops off seat starting a trend. They influenced me to get my top off when I went running. Okay, if they can do it, why can't you do it?
Speaker 2: Yep, So they got they had the tops off, and me and Rum we're both like And then we ended up going up for dinner with them because by accident, they were on the same at nighttime dinner activity that we were doing underneath the stars, and we ended up hanging out with them. Now, I'm not going to like, I'm not gonna spoil their privacy by putting these publicly, so I do apologie eys, but you're gonna have to just use the reactions of Brad and Chris as an idea of the men that we were hanging out with on our holiday.
Speaker 1: Right break and go first.
Speaker 4: I can't say it, no way, keep it up.
Speaker 1: And then that's the other one.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, gorgeous, gorgeenie.
Speaker 1: Oh hot, okay, nice, real nice. So I've made an assumption that their boyfriends are their boyfriends. They were I thought they were boyfriends too. They were not boyfriends. They were just friends, just friends, homosexual friends, homosexual friends, homosexual friends.
Speaker 2: Homosexual friends that we made on holiday and you know what, right, and I got back to our hotel because we will all stay at the same hotel, and we were like, if we were ever to, you know, this is the night to do it, and these are the people to do it with. I'm so sorry to tell you I don't have a great story for you. Oh nothing happened. There's no story to tell. But they were beautiful men.
Speaker 1: And lifelong friends that you'll follow on Instagram and never see again in your life.
Speaker 2: Exactly. Isn't there such a holiday thing though, you like assume them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it even happens when your kid's right and you're like wherever you know, with your parents and you meet some people over the week or two that you're you know, hanging out the holiday camp or whatever, and you're going to be lifelong friends.
Speaker 4: Yes, ever happens, Ever happens.
Speaker 1: But these days were social media. I mean you get your I mean imagine they both got to follow it. Oh yeah, follow imagined this fire emojis on a story. But it was lovely. It was lovely. How was your holiday? Oh, my holiday was incredible. Yeah, it was amazing. We went over for a film premiere for a film festival. We're a film called ten hor that's coming out in febree is going to be or had its will premiere. Congratulations to all the team for that and it was so much fun. My best mate, his wife and their little boy and Matt and I all stayed together. And then at the end Matt night higher we r V and we traveled around the island. It was incredible. We swam, we ate, we drank, we watched sunsets. It was very, very fun and romantic. I love that. I love that. I go must have a permanent bracelet. It was my gift of the holiday.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: Incredible, Brad. You guys had a big celebration as well. Big win, A.
Speaker 3: Big win for the Rainbow Games this year is Rainbow Excellence Awards. The team took out Community, the Community and Advocacy Awards, so big shout out to the team and a big sponsors and to the whole community for giving us that recognition. You know, I know, I mean, Fate stood up a pretty pretty epick event more than two years so I wasn't there to celebrate, but the team went along and just an awesome occasion to celebrate all that.
Speaker 1: Well, I know how hard you guys work, so that is very very Yeah, it's much deserved, I would.
Speaker 4: Say, absolutely.
Speaker 3: So I just want a big shout out to the team because they worked hard and so all their volunteers and everyone aunced that was on the.
Speaker 4: Journey, So big recognition and acknowledgement there.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I'm making a late addition to the dock or actually had changed to the doc because we had talk.
Speaker 4: You can save it to the fort, you can save it to the real November.
Speaker 1: Looking at the time, I mean, you're going to turn this into a tease for our episode for next week. Okay, So a wee while ago, we mentioned that we were sort of branching out and we're becoming sort of a you know, a real life podcast to be able to do like qually cool things. Next week on the podcast, we're going to be giving away tickets to Troy Savann.
Speaker 4: We only if only we knew the buffins to do the like this drum.
Speaker 1: Roll in the can.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 1: I'm so sorry.
Speaker 2: It's it's a wonder I get this thing turned on every week, let alone organized sound effects or anything like that.
Speaker 1: I'm so sorry. Well, we've got this very fun game. We're going to be playing with these a couple of weeks, but we were supposed to play it today, but we've got to talk abound at the beginning. So now it's down to the people that waited right at the end of the podcast to listen. So I mean, it could have been a reward to them, but we'll save it for next week. We're happy with that. I'm happy with that. Perfect. So the game is called Troy or False, and we've got three facts about Troy Savann. Two of them are true and one of them is not true. And we're going to ask the question on the podcast and then you're going to go into our Instagram story and answer them, and if you get it right, you're going the drawer to win tickets to come along with us to choice of arn because we're going to get to go to that's so exciting.
Speaker 2: So next week, listening for the question that we're going to ask that will give you the opportunity to win these tickets.
Speaker 1: Very excited, very exciting.
Speaker 2: Hey, while we were in Australia, so my sister lives in Sydney and there's ten years between my sister and I so she's twenty seven, so you're still so little gen Zea. She is, she's an official gen Zenda. And while we were in Sydney, she's just moved into a new flat and she said, we're having drinks that are new flat at a little housewarming, and I thought, cute. We can go along, meet a few of the friends, very casual, have a few drinks.
Speaker 1: Is this when you wore the jockstrap. This is not when I wore the drug strap. I wore the job strap the night that I thought we might have the forces. I approved. I kid I kuild, I kidic it.
Speaker 2: Anyway, so we went right and I thought, yeah, let's go along to this house these drinks of my sisters. So we turn up and we are quite early, as Zelle want. And the first thing that happened was I said, we brought a bottle of gin and some mixes, so can we have some glasses? And Mikayla came out, my sister with these two paper cups that were tiny. They were like this big. They were so small it was like a little thimble. And I said to her, I'm so sorry. I can't I can't be doing this and she said, well, we're not.
Speaker 1: Getting out it sounds like Tracy's going around. I've drink out of a proper wine glass. Neck you very much, no one of your dumb tumblers.
Speaker 2: Mikayla said, we're not giving out what we're not giving out glass weir. I said, well, I'm not drinking out of these paper cups. To be fair, it was more about the size of the cup than the than the material of the cup. But I made her go and get us glass were so that we could drink out gin and tonics.
Speaker 1: Had age yourself at a party. Yeah, he's old. That's where he's got the glass. He's responsible. Well, it got worse because after a while I was like, I'm very hungry. Is there any food?
Speaker 2: And she said no, that's not food. I said, you mean there's no like chacuterie board or anything. No, there was no chakudaie board. There were three packets of chips, like lazily tossed on a table outside. So I had to go and open this bag of chips by myself and then just sit in the corner by myself eating these salt and vinegar chips.
Speaker 1: And look, I would have thought you'd have been better at this because you've been to a few sort of young people parties recently. Didn't you go to a thirtieth recently? Did? I? I feel like it did. Oh god, I'm so old, I can't even remember. You've lost my memory. But no, So there was no food.
Speaker 2: There were paper cups, and then it just descended into what I describe as chaos. There were I reckon, like one hundred and twenty people that tuned up to this house.
Speaker 1: Putty, that sounds like a nightmare. How big was this house? Not big enough for one hundred and twenty people?
Speaker 2: I don't think we've got party at Kelly Brown's. So they were upstairs, they were downstairs. There was a dj.
Speaker 1: I love party at Kelly brow It's such a that really shows our lage. Also, you both been blank about it, and I was like, oh god, how old am I that? That's I explained to someone else the other.
Speaker 3: Day if you need to sort of like find out more about what Kelly Browns is and what the references just type of nineteen ninety.
Speaker 1: Exactly, using it's on the air.
Speaker 4: But it was.
Speaker 1: It truly was.
Speaker 2: It was like one of those parties where it had just obviously the message had gone around and all of these people were just turning up. They had no idea even who was hosting the party fun and I just felt very old. Then we got very drunk trying to keep up with these twenty something year olds, and it was not fun because the next morning we had to get up at seven o'clock for a flight back to New Zealand. And I thought, this is why we don't try and keep up with the twenty five year olds anymore.
Speaker 1: Is that what you said to your husband as you're just both dyed of some eggs and cheese at the Coral? Yes?
Speaker 2: Absolutely, I thought we should have just we should have taken the paper cups smaller sizes and maybe wouldn't be feeling this way.
Speaker 1: My biggest concern about this party is how what the lines of the toilets would have been? Nightmare, an absolute nightmare. And you'd be hard for us to be in the line of the penis, wouldn't you. They'd be like, get to that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, although I reckon penis uses it a house party toilet much faster, like much faster. My argument is, let me get it, I'm in out and then there's one less person in the queue. I'll be done in minutes. Yeah, seconds, like I could be done and under a minute if I don't wash my hands, you know, so.
Speaker 1: I agree, Yeah, so let me get in.
Speaker 2: I'll be out of you here and then you're free to use it for as long as you want, ladies, as long as you want.
Speaker 1: Anyway.
Speaker 2: That is my reminders myself that we there is a reason we don't try and keep up with the gen zsch for life.
Speaker 1: Run. Let's run our own race with a shakuterie board at the end.
Speaker 4: Of it.
Speaker 1: In a steamless one glow boys, it's so nice to be back with you.
Speaker 4: Unfortunately it's been real Colby back, but I'm away for two weeks. You're not going to hear from me.
Speaker 1: We're going to find it. We're going to find a third. Yeah, we are going to find a third, are you okay? If we look out for a.
Speaker 3: Third, find a third or a fourth even they might even be a best part of the country or the side of the world and suddenly Umiosphere.
Speaker 2: If we got them on the podcast, I wouldn't be able to talk. I wouldn't know in Look, we'll definitely be doing some video content.
Speaker 4: It's hard to talk with something in your mouth.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, you have a great couple of weeks. You have fun in America, enjoying Halloween. I look forward to some sort of report from the regions of America.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I might be odd voice, missed job or something. The listeners appreciate that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, give us a political round up, because I found that Hawaii to be very fifty to fifty Trump v. Harris.
Speaker 4: I shall report back, please do.
Speaker 2: Bra will be away for two weeks. Chris and I will be back next week though, and we can't wait to get in the ear holes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and show you our third Until then, have a great week, babe.