Speaker 1: Live for the Export Beer Auden's Studio and brought to you, as always by Export Ultra the Beer four. Here this is the Agenda Podcast for Wednesday The Checksa's Phone, twentieth of November.
Speaker 2: The Agenda Podcast, the home of Sporting Nonsense and clap Trap, brought to you by Next Sport, a Vulture.
Speaker 3: And a big Kodo. To matd Heath, Good morning, yet A. How are you very well? Thank you? What is firing up the listeners of ZIB this week?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 4: I was asking the question yesterday and you might be able to answer this. What why can't I? Yeah, people people were really generous to you then they were. That was the lower end of what people were predicting. Yeah, but you know eight hundred and eighty teen eighty ha bigs my night's cot.
Speaker 3: That fired up the phones? Yeah, I know, what were the what were they?
Speaker 4: I was just asking this question and I don't yesterday I can't remember anything, but I was talking about a kotahi and why can't they work twenty four hours a day?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Why can't you have three shifts? And no one could give me an answer.
Speaker 1: Well, mins run twenty four hours a day? Yeah, yeah, if there's gold to be extracted out of the mountain. You'll figure it out pretty quick, won't you it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because you see all those people and I think it's cool how they've got their beekeeper hats on now the reflective beekie behaf Yeah, but it's horrible working in the middle of the day in summer. Yeah, like that is brutal. Yeah, so you'd want a rotation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what I think.
Speaker 4: Working even two shifts, you know.
Speaker 3: Too, twelve hour shifts, like I said, mines they fed this out age. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it just seems you'd get it, you'd get it done. Yeah, you'd get get it, get it done.
Speaker 1: Anyone who needs to get through a mountain of work and a short space of time runs that way.
Speaker 3: Yeah. They do two days shifts, two nights shifts, four days off.
Speaker 1: That's how almost every mind the fonterra plants will run that way.
Speaker 4: I worked to shift work for a long time and it does. It turns you into it a very strange person.
Speaker 3: What takes years off your life? It does, Yeah, because.
Speaker 4: You can't sleep, so you get home and then everyone in your flat's getting up like this blows.
Speaker 3: This sucks. It actually does. Yeah, you have to have a cave.
Speaker 4: If you're going to work shift work, you need to live in a cave that you can go back to.
Speaker 1: I worked on a fund that did I want to say, fourteen or sixteen hour milking, So we'd milk it like six in the morning, then like eight o'clock at night, and then the next day at lunchtime. And that was because there were so many cows and not enough grass, so they needed longer between milkings. So it's basically three milkings every two day. Very confusing schedule and fuck it sucked because if you made it on the purse, I'm not finishing work till at midnight one in the morning. Yeah, So then you show up, everyone's written off. Or I finish it about three or four in the afternoon. Great, we were on it. I'm milking again tomorrow morning.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So it's like, yeah, it kills you the shift work. Yeah. Having said that we need the roads.
Speaker 4: Wick, Yeah, when you just get it done, get it done.
Speaker 1: And that brings me to regurgitating some of the content I used this morning on the Jerry Knee Matt Show on This Morning obviously yesterday, and you know, in the lead up to it, we saw the power of a hicuin terms of getting your opinions out there, keep putting something to the forefront of everyone's mind. What everyday things that pass you off so much that you were just about start a recoy.
Speaker 4: For jeez, that's a really good question.
Speaker 1: So I went with passwords for like internet accounts. I fucking hate them. I don't want them. Every time I log in, I can't I forget the password and reset your password? Sendaiamail adress, what's my fucking password from email adress?
Speaker 3: Can't do that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, And then then they go that that password has been used too many times, you can't use that.
Speaker 3: But that's my password. I use it on everything.
Speaker 4: That's all I've got, and I've got nothing like I've got more my bank account. Sure, lock that up. Yeah, I saw it in. My mate fell about this and were and he was talking about whether it has Our partners at the time found got hacked into our emails or our phones, and yeah, we think that. We were saying that'd be probably break up with us for how boring our chatters for Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: One hundred percent, my miss as we too. God, that's what you guys talk about. There's no secrets it's just pathetic. Three fantasy teams, no side checks. You're a loser. I can't be with a loser.
Speaker 4: I remember once a girlfriend came home and found me and my mates and we'd set up a D and D board, and we were all in costumes and we had we had candles, and we'd been playing, and two of our girlfriends came home. Yeah, and I reckon they would have rather caught us cheating. I reckon they would rather caught us and Beard with other women than what they saw that day, cloaks and goods.
Speaker 1: I've always and we'll talk about fantasy sports very shortly, but I've always had this theory that no man with more than one fantasy team is cheating on his message.
Speaker 3: That's too much admind, it's too much to keep track of.
Speaker 1: I told that's Laura McGoldrick Wander and she goes, no, they're not cheating, because no girl wants to be with a guy.
Speaker 3: With more than one fantasy team.
Speaker 4: Tell you what in our fantasy team, in our fantasy league, Finkle Clutcher, It's been a lot of controversy on the commissioner of the league, and I've been accused of cheating and unfairly, and there's been accusations of a smoking gun. There's no evidence been put apart put across and everyone should know by the fact I couldn't pause the draft that I wouldn't know how to cheat?
Speaker 3: Can you cheat? I actually want to know.
Speaker 1: Can can someone maybe someone on a US please can tell me how if you're in an NFL fantasy league as the commissioner, you could cheat.
Speaker 3: What's in the back end that I could do? I don't know.
Speaker 4: Could I cancel people's waivers that.
Speaker 3: Would probably reverse the waiver order or something like that. I don't know.
Speaker 1: You can veto trades and things like that, but they haven't meant to any of those up.
Speaker 3: Just back the truck up a little bit.
Speaker 1: There have been allegations came into our group chat just yesterday actually from one member Phil Yeah, who is alleging that Cass has told him, Yeah, that there is a smoking gun that he knows you've been cheating as a commissioner of our league and he has a smoking gun, and Phil brought that to the group chat. First, first of all, I didn't feel like that was Phil's place to bring this group chat. If Cass has the smoking gunring it out, Bring it out, Bring it out. But also he needs to address that in the group chat. So then Phil posts a screenshot a text conversation that he's had with Cass and CAAs says, I have I have a smoking gun that proofs I'll try and find it verbatim because it's quite funny. I don't want to alarm you, but Mad is using his position as commissioner in fantasy football to cheat. And then Phil replied said, really got proof? Cass said I have massive proof, a smoking gun, if you will, and that's where the conversation ended. So now this has since shock waves through a fantasy league. Well what is the smoking gun? What could it possibly be?
Speaker 4: I put two poles into the group chat. One wise, do you still basically have support? And do you support the commissioner?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: Or maybe?
Speaker 4: And should put up shut up around the smoking gun? Both came back up in my favor. He's been told to put up a shut up. Well, you did vote heavily in your own favor in both just that.
Speaker 3: And that pole.
Speaker 4: You can vote as many times as you want, and.
Speaker 1: Which lends a bit of credits to the smoking gun there if you're willing to cheat on the pole in the.
Speaker 4: As a commissioner and to try and gain the support back of the team under this, you know, pretty I actually need the Whitewash team and actually helped me out there that they said but I was thinking about and that she was a suggestion that you came through around some novelty rounds.
Speaker 3: Yes, some novelty weeks.
Speaker 1: So this week I'm playing Tom Harper. Yeah, neither of our we're both of our defenses are on a by round. So I've proposed the butt naked round where we play with no defense.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So going forward in your fantasy leagues, people that are in them that you need to schedule like like one other butt naked pants down? What if you want to call it but one week where no one has their defense? And I mean that's exciting, isn't it. It mixes it up, it is, and I guess you sort of need to randomly generate it are otherwise people would could plan around that. Yeah, but I don't know if you could, But then what would you be? I mean, this is NFL, But what would you call it if you didn't have the quarterback? So we have another round and no quarterback because I I've I had an injury that I was messed and I had one round with no quarterback and I still won.
Speaker 3: It was against the odds.
Speaker 1: But I reckon that's like a headless Yeah, headless the behitting round.
Speaker 4: I want it to sound ruder than that that blindfolded cock out, but that doesn't work.
Speaker 1: But they are there are the eyes of the team. They are the driver BELLI driverless car. Yeah, maybe best, but I'll quite like that idea of of sort of novelty rounds a fantasy league. What about you want something a bit more egregious than blindfolded? What about the nine to eleven round where you get to hijack your other player's team and you get to pick one position for them. Shit, so you go on high check round? Yeah you wow, one position. You're allowed to change one player, not the whole team.
Speaker 3: I don't they Oh yeah yeah that's that's bloody great. You can change the quarterback out. Yeah wow, that would be good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the hijack round nine to eleven, you.
Speaker 3: Do it on September ely hijack round. You were allowed and.
Speaker 4: You just go through and you announceside you have to stand down. Yeah your QB.
Speaker 1: Yes, maybe it's the what's his name, Captain Phillips.
Speaker 4: The Yeah, that's right, I'm the captain now shit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I reckon. That's good.
Speaker 1: There'll be some creative ways that people have played their fantasy these because I know a lot of dudes take it real seriously. Yeah, yeah, I love the draft at someone's house. It's some dudes will do like a paper draft where they sit there and write out their picks manually and then and put it into the computer.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, because I've had quite a good round, I think I'm still the head of the competition, which is why there's these allegations against me. Against me, but I had the absolute shitter of the draft, like everything went wrong for me, and you know, I was in a state of absolute depression after it, and it's been going really well, and it just shows how little I know.
Speaker 1: I had the opposite, which again shows the exact same thing. For two years running now, I have been forecast and never lose a game.
Speaker 3: I've never in fantasy football.
Speaker 1: Fantasy football has never predicted that I was ever going to lose a game. Yeah, and yet I think I came almost dead last last year. Yeah, and I'm eating shit this year. Yeah. Anyway, AnyWho, I've got a chicking fink called Clutcher.
Speaker 3: Yeah. If I'm still at the top, Yeah, so I'm going shit.
Speaker 1: The only problem with the butt naked round is that's going to fick my pointstuff later on in the season.
Speaker 3: Yea by much anyway.
Speaker 1: All right, let's take a quick break and we'll come back. I have got a story that we talked about yesterday. There's been a development. I don't know if you know the story, so I'll save it for after the break.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm still number one.
Speaker 1: We selling our nineteen ninety eight Ford falcon Ute exclusively on Auto Trader matteath As you know by now, all proceeds are going to November INSI, and you can bid on this bad boy right now. It has just ticked over twelve thousand dollars at the moment, but it's only the twentieth of November and it goes to the end of the month if.
Speaker 3: You place the winning bid.
Speaker 1: As we treat, We've loaded the glove box with a thousand dollars worth of petrol vouchers, one thousand dollars worth of grocery vouchers, and iPhone sixteen pro a Marshall Amp beer fridge and a Makita job site radio. All that is worth about five grand, So subtract five grand off whatever your next bid is.
Speaker 3: That's how much you actually pay.
Speaker 1: And to get betting, you can text ute to three two three six and follow the link to the auto trader listening while they're telling you yelling about your car. I have been made aware of a story that involves the White Stripes and Kane Williams. And if you heard this story, no, I told you yesterday on the podcast, So I'll fast forward it. The White Strips Elephant album which has that's the one with seven Nation Army on it.
Speaker 3: Ye great album.
Speaker 1: Jack White is sitting on the cover. He is holding a cricket bat. The cricket bat was left in the studio by man by the name of John Baker. Are you familiar with John John Bah? He is cousins with Kane Williamson. It is Kane Williamson's bat that's on the cover of the Elephant album.
Speaker 4: Holy shit, Yeah, because John Baker used to he worked with the White Stripes for a long time.
Speaker 1: Yes, wow, And you would come across him, he said, yeah, yeah, and I'm quite welly. He books a lot of gigs.
Speaker 3: Ye. Wow. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So Caane Williamson's bat is on the cover of the White Stripes album.
Speaker 3: This is blown my mind. Wow. I've talked about it into every microphone I've been in front of. The last that is very very cool.
Speaker 4: Is vain added that how come that has only rerisen to the top now.
Speaker 1: Well, the only reason we found out I currently say exactly how but we were by putting a promo together for summer and basically this little bit of trivia was in there and we looked at him.
Speaker 3: We're like, no, that's not right. We did the research.
Speaker 1: John Backer had written the article last year explaining how the whole thing came to be.
Speaker 3: Wow, a cook a Borough Fighter it is. That's so freaking cool.
Speaker 4: It's also I never noticed he had a Cu cricket mat and I've covered that album neither.
Speaker 1: So it's supposed to signify the tusk of the elephant, and that's where he's sitting and he's holding the tusk.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's washed out, so it's white.
Speaker 1: You can't see what's on it, but it is a cook a Barrough fighter and we know that because the bat still exists.
Speaker 4: Government tasted key. We came Williamson. Yeah, he's got his arms and his influenced extends a long way.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. Anyway, Yes, like I said, it's Cook a Borough fighter.
Speaker 1: The reason I know that is because the bat still exists and I saw a photo of it in the exact same article I read. The article came out last year. That's because the person who has it took a photo of it. The person who has it lives not far from here. It is at a place called Daddy Long Legs, which I believe is a record store slash music venue out west in TISUDANGI here in Auckland, and I reckon when need to launch a campaign to go and get that bat?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know what get that bat? Like an illegal raid or like or you're going to reach out first.
Speaker 3: I think we reach out first.
Speaker 4: But if it doesn't come yeah yeah yeah, if it doesn't, we don't have a choice.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, I would hate for my hand to be forced.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So if you're listening, yeah, you come That bat can come quietly, yeah, or it can come hard. You can come home. There's two ways we can do this.
Speaker 3: What would that bat be worth? Now?
Speaker 4: I mean the bat once belonged to Caine Williamson that was on the cover of The White Strip's Elephant album, featuring the biggest sports song of all time one. Yes, that'd be a pretty penny. There would be a pretty penny.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And the irony is it's us.
Speaker 1: We are driving like we're giving it the most exposure of anyone we are working.
Speaker 4: We need to run it down before we make an offer. It's actually with nothing.
Speaker 1: And I actually heard it wasn't They actually the same bet and so yeah, fifty bucks Williams had never saw it.
Speaker 3: So yeah, well, lowball the fuck out.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: My mate's dad went to prison for this for what low balling a piece of artwork that it knew was worth a lot more.
Speaker 3: Really went to prison for it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, aggressive some sporting news that's not related to stealing pieces of sports memorabilia. The Black Clash is going to be jan seventeenth, which is actually not that far and they've just announced the wild card four team cricket is going to be Sean Johnson.
Speaker 3: I've got a story about Sean Johnson. Do you want to hear it? That I heard the other day? Absolutely so.
Speaker 4: I was talking to one of Coldplay's management right, and he was saying to me, I said, have your time been is good yet? He goes, I went to we had the raft party last night and a bunch of people came and I was talking to this guy. He is a great guy, like really really good looking, good looking guy.
Speaker 3: Great chat.
Speaker 4: Talked to him for ages and he asked me everything about cold Play, everything about the tour, everything about life. And at the end I found out it was Sean Johnson from someone else, So Shawney Jay this whole chat about someone else's life, some manager and their life, and didn't at any point bring that up that he was Sean Johnson.
Speaker 3: Was it an Englishman?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was talking to so he may not have known who obviously didn't he didn't know who Sean Johnson was Johnson was.
Speaker 4: But then he went back over and he said, I hear that you're you're Sean Johnson. Everyone everyone's very excited that you hear. And he goes, oh, yeah, yeah, and he goes and he goes hi, and then and then he said.
Speaker 3: What he mean up to?
Speaker 4: He goes, I retired, and then I am retired, and then I retired again.
Speaker 1: She goes, Okay, it's been frantic, I mean on that like, when you get to a point like Sewan Johnson, everyone must talk to Sean Johnson about sew john Sewn Johnson. It must get so annoying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so it'd be quite nice, it must be quite efficiently. He's probably why I gave this British guy so much time. He's like, this is the only guy in this party that's not going to punish me about me. Yeah, so, and so I can actually just ask them some questions about you know, yeah, and if you got into a cold Play party, you're probably interested in cold Play?
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh definitely. And you know you would have watched the gurgon. Yeah, how the fun did they do that?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, yeah, that's right.
Speaker 4: So talking to one of the guys that brings the whole thing together would probably be quite interesting for you.
Speaker 3: How did the wristbands know where they are? Light up? And blah blah blah? And the beach bulls who's pump and those?
Speaker 1: And in the middle of all that, he would have been well within his right And so the wristbands and the beach balls sweet And did you see my pastor Dellen moatin is Lisniar and my last year.
Speaker 3: Again, last touch the student? Okay, sweet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and just Chris Martin, so he's Yeah.
Speaker 4: If I was Shawn Johnson, then it would be raised pretty quickly, pretty early on in the conversation. Yeah, that's right, Yeah, that would My career would come up reason me quickly.
Speaker 1: The thing I respect the most of it. Stephen Donald, I've never heard him bring that up. I've never heard him bring that kick up.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And if I was Stephen Donald, yeah, every available opportunity, Yeah.
Speaker 4: I'll be like, hey, know, set You'm the guy with the two thousand and eleven ruby.
Speaker 3: I'm twenty eleven rugby will cup hero.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Stephen Beaver, I'm john Who are you?
Speaker 3: Or here's a DVD of that movie about that. Yeah, So yeah, Sewan John's would have been well within his rights. Anyway.
Speaker 1: He is going to be playing cricket at the Black Clash, and this is he was interviewed about it.
Speaker 3: He said he's never.
Speaker 1: Played cricket really like backyard cricket, that kind of thing, but he never played it competitively through high school or anything like that. And that is not what team cricket needs. As as we know, you and I have played in a lot of games, as you know, untrained, but we're not competitive cricket players.
Speaker 3: And the hardest part about cricket is.
Speaker 1: Not the batting. It's not the bowling, it's the fielding. Fielding, And when you're out of neck, it's standing around for hours then sprint stop, jump up, throw as hard as you can, sprint back, stop, stand for another half hour. Yeah, and that destroys an aging man's body.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And so what they need team cricket. They do not need bowlers. They don't need batters. They need one whip it out in the field who can still chase a ball down.
Speaker 3: Yeah. That's the value he's going to bring one hundred percent. The other part is how.
Speaker 1: Cool is it going to be watching Sean Johnson bowl at Chris Gale.
Speaker 3: That's the value of the Black Clash.
Speaker 4: I can imagine Sean Johnson will go to the nets and he'll rustle up a decent delivery.
Speaker 3: I reckon occurred. Yeah. Yeah, he is an outstanding neck. Yeah.
Speaker 4: And that's the thing those people that are genetically disposed to being great at sport, genetically disposed to being great at great most sports.
Speaker 3: He'll figure it out. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And plus, like you were just saying before, he does Chris Martin pretty well so I Chris gave a few bowling zopes.
Speaker 3: Might not be a great better.
Speaker 1: All right, let us take a quick break. Oh just before we do, though, this is something I want to address with you. It's been stuck in my crawl for a couple of days now.
Speaker 3: In light of the.
Speaker 1: HHM n Z Manu and Nui running aground in the reef and some more. There was it uncouth then for the All Whites to thump some more eight mel and a World Cup qualifier. Should we have let them have that one?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's football diplomacy right there.
Speaker 3: That could be a good taken. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Disgusting, Yeah, an insult to a nation.
Speaker 1: We could have extended an olive branch, and no, we rubbed their face and the faces into it.
Speaker 4: I was down at talking at an Air Force bace and I talked to some of the pilots the other day. Gilian's probably brought this up, and I just sort of been laughing about that, that whole sinking. But then talking to the guys that flew down and the hurt to help out, They're like that was freaking hairy. Really when they were getting off their boat as it's sinking at night, onto when you're on a reef.
Speaker 3: We were, well, I just imagine it was sort of just I got off.
Speaker 4: It was nice, it was and then it went down, but it was like it was hairy.
Speaker 1: It would be, I guess at least for them. They are in a nice enough climate to where it's reef. They weren't in the Bearing Sea looking for Alaskan crabs.
Speaker 4: As long as it doesn't spew shit everywhere, it's going to be quite cool because you'll go to someone and you'll be like you hope be able to see it under the water. Yeah, you know, I was talking to a diver, like an army diver the other day, and he was saying that he managed to go down and dive down and lie in his old when they sunk one of our old ships scanner scuttled it. Yeah, he went down as a diver and into the water and got into the ship and lay down in his old bunk bed that he'd been sleeping and back in the day when he was involved.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Right, Well, actually, PFA, I was talking to a guy who knew a guy who knew a guy. It's close enough so you can so it'd be pretty cool, Like you're be able to go and dive down and look around it.
Speaker 1: That'd be pretty cool lieing your bunk bed one last time? Did he do anything else that in that bunk bed that he might have done.
Speaker 4: That one one last time?
Speaker 3: Yes, that's one last time for old time sake.
Speaker 4: So maybe it'll eventually help the destroying our economy, losing one hundred and thirty million dollar boat, but maybe eventually helped this someone economy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, destroying their ecology, but their economy. Yeah, sings roundabacks. All right, let's take quick break. We'll come back with yours please.
Speaker 2: Yours please? Brought you by leader Home of the Lap.
Speaker 1: About four of them to get through today. First call it yours please.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Lad's, I think you're really missing a trick on this camel costume idea. I've done the homework for you. So if you jump on Elie Barber you can get an inflatable camel my suggestion. Acc Bolk orders a ton of those in, sell them off the website, and we turn day two, the Sunday of the Hamilton Test and the Camel Day, to Tim southing thoughts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like this.
Speaker 1: So we are looking for a way to celebrate Tim Southy's last ever game. It's in Hamilton, it's the Test match, third Test match against England, yep. And the initial idea was get a camel in there. We had a thought, we had a lot of thoughts around how do we get a camel into the grounds. It's then become apparent that there actually are no camels in New Zealand.
Speaker 3: There's none at all.
Speaker 1: There's none that none that my missus is aware of, and she works in the industry. Yeah, so I like the idea of do we dress up or do we sell some sort of merch, some sort of camel merch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't mind. Day two.
Speaker 1: My ideal would be the holy Grail would be Day five, which is Wednesday hump day for the sixty camel.
Speaker 3: Get your humps out for the sixy camel. Oh that's not bad, or.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you used to get you humps out like your lovely lady humps, your hum bloody headphones, your humps, your heart, your lovely lady humps.
Speaker 1: You're lovely lady humps, that's right, or whatever humps you have available to What.
Speaker 4: About if everyone because you know you can get thrown out for smoking, right, some of the all they SAIDs you can't. You can get one quote on the vape, but you're thrown out immediately for smoking. Right, Yeah, everyone brings in slides in soft back camel in the back pocket.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And and then just on queue at a particular moment, you get five thousand people to light up.
Speaker 3: Light up a dart, light up a dart. Men want children.
Speaker 4: For the for the sixy camel, and unity you have a sexy camel for the sixy camel. I mean it might not work because people were just like, why are they smoking? And then there's another step before you realize that they're smoking camels, and someone will turn up with a you know, b an h special filter and it will ruin the whole thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The English commentators will ask Smithy what the folks are on, and you're like, okay, so there's these kids.
Speaker 4: And they call the sixy camel and there's also a brand of cigarettes called Camels, and yeah, yeah, yeah, it's too it's probably probably slightly too convolent.
Speaker 3: That's why I've got an eight year old smoking a Darry on the bound.
Speaker 4: Why is that eight year old smoking a Darry?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 1: Funny, Yeah, some think getting Lovely Lady humps out as much better, lovely lady humps. Yeah, I don't mind that that's out for Sally.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean there's probably been a few out from over the years.
Speaker 3: I imagine there would have been in an amateur and a professional manner. In a professional capacity.
Speaker 1: That's out in a professional capacity, not cually you're sports.
Speaker 6: Yeah, hey colours, Hey is it time for the in an hour to go full? NFL it's been the league to twenty teams have two conferences of ten teams, but those conferences in two with two divisions, five teams per division. The winner of each division gets into the playoffs four wild cards and can go hand on it. That brings he can have a draft and all that kind of stuff too, just more shait to talk about. Always thought.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, and then you have then the Grand Final becomes like the super Bowl where you have the winner of each each league going head to head.
Speaker 1: I think how you would do it would be a Sydney division and then everyone else's division. Yeah, because there's so many Sydney teams. I think it might actually be eight yeah yeah, and then it'd be us the two Brisbane teams, North Queensland.
Speaker 3: Canberra, Yeah, Newcastle. Yeah, I think it work.
Speaker 4: I mean, it gets It means that the Kaleways don't get to go over and play, and you know, like you know, we don't get to come and play, and the Warriors don't get to come and play in Sydney. Yeah until the end bond Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: But it would, it could shorten the It make every game a little bit more exciting. That's the cool part about the NFL. Every game feels like it matters.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, and you know all that in America it's all divided up. So you're generally playing the same teams, yeah a lot, especially in baseball.
Speaker 3: You know, you're playing so then you've got a rivalry. Yeah, because so.
Speaker 4: You have you know, you play the same teams multiple times in a season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I wouldn't. I couldn't tell you who the Warriors rivals are. I mean, yeah, you want to say the Storm, I don't know. I guess the thing is we haven't beaten many of these teams through often hard to have a rivalry when you get your.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but that but that was actually a pretty freaking cool idea. Yeah, because it is good to play the teams multiple times, you know, and you see where you sit in the season.
Speaker 3: Yeah, storylines start to emerge. Two dudes.
Speaker 4: Last game there was a bit of a bit of birth of discontent but a biff, Yeah, it's a really good idea.
Speaker 1: Such and such said this after the game and an interview, and now they're going to play each other.
Speaker 3: I wonder if you could do that with n PC.
Speaker 4: Divisions, that might be a way to do it.
Speaker 1: North Island South Island divisions might be thinking also maybe that could be the answer for Super Rugby as well, because the you know, we need Australia, yeah, we need I reckon, we need South Africa back. Yeah, but maybe if we just played our own divisions, yeah, and then we linked up every now and there.
Speaker 4: Well that's why I was thinking for a while, like a Champions League would be quite good. We play and then and then you know, even if it wasn't maybe if it was just number one, So then you have a try series at the at the end of the winning club goes off and plays the wing in Australian club plays the winning South African club.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or even top two and you've got a six way yeah, six way probably series. So we've sent our champions and it's bluesing the because because it's not not not bad in New Zealand. If we play I mean I know the players, so they get smashed up a lot more when they play. The kiwis over and every New Zealand is over and over again. But you don't care if if the Blues play Crusaders four times in a season, I'd love it. You'd love it, yeah, wouldn't you? And then and then you then the best two teams go over and play however, and then but because the other part of that is if you're a Highlanders fan, you can get them behind What if a team we send over because they're now our champion, Yeah, yeah exactly, and so you can yeah, you could throw it well and behind that.
Speaker 3: Actually that is yeah.
Speaker 4: And then then it's then you know it's working or something, because you know, when it was the Super Rugby, it was like I loved it. It was good, it just needed one more step. They actually fucked up because they didn't have a final, but that would have been amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's why the Blues won that Asterix title. Yeah yeah, Badah played the Crusaders and Cowards.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but if you had a if you had that, and then it went onto something else.
Speaker 3: Yes, then that would be amazing.
Speaker 1: Because that's what made Super Rugby so interesting to watch us. You knew all of the players for all of the teams, so always playing your team.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so the storylines developed, players developed. Yeah, at the moment, it's just too much to keep track of.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and pack up for all blacks and then and that would be bloody great. And then we go over and and then you and then you have that that interesting thing where you you don't really know any of the South African players.
Speaker 1: But you heard the storms are goune hard this year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then and then you the rubber hits the road.
Speaker 4: But nowadays we just found out that we've been smashing that ship team all year and we can't kind of work out why they're even in the league.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right. How did they make the playoffs? They lost more than they won.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Look, we've said a lot of dumb shit on the podcast. That might not be one of those dumb things.
Speaker 3: Super Rugby Champions League.
Speaker 1: Super Rugby Champions Like, all right, let's finish this on a high. One last call of yours please.
Speaker 4: Was it a guy dropping marbles onto other marbles or I think.
Speaker 1: It was Yeah, was he filling up his britter filtered jug to put back in the fridge?
Speaker 3: What do you think? You don't think it was urine?
Speaker 6: Indy?
Speaker 3: Was it number two? Was it number two? Does he need a bit of fiber in his diet? More questions and answers from that call ask more questions.
Speaker 1: I think that is as good at time as you need to knock this thing on the head. Thank you very much for joining me this morning. Head, Thanks for having me.
Speaker 3: We'll see you guys later on.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to the ACC's Agenda podcast, brought to you by Export Ultra. For more episodes, like and follow on iHeartRadio or will if you get your podcasts