Speaker 1: You're listening to the Marcus lush Night's podcast from News Talks.
Speaker 2: I'd be ato. Wait the people have used any good evening and will welcome. My name is Marcus Hurdle, twelve o'clock tonight. In fact, I'm here tomorrow the rest of today. I am here. I hope you're good. If you're not good, to hope by midnight you are better. If there is breaking news, you'll hear about the heir first. If you've got breaking news, were you, I'll let us know what that breaking news is. That might be police pursuits, or whale strandings or fires. Friday nights big for fires, isn't it. I don't know why a lot of those e waste places seem to go up on a Friday?
Speaker 3: Is it just me?
Speaker 2: Anyway? So you've got breaking news, let us know what that breaking news is. Thanks for the person that gave us the heads up. We had breaking news last night that Schoolboy Rugby was going to be televised by Sky and I got the jump on the newspapers by that by twelve hours, So thank you for that. I think the teams didn't one of the coaches because it gave the players big heads. I just see me on the TV anyway. That's back. So there we go. I guess it's cheap for sky go along there film that show. It good to watch. Oh eight hundred eighty ten eighty open line talk tonight. That means you could talk about anything at all. It's your it's your gig. So whatever you want to talk about, I'm here. You might be doing something interesting tonight. You might have a state of a nation. You might be a Nubris out there delivering food. You might be one of the things that people do at this time and the night. We had an interesting guy that works on as a security guard of a marina. Well, what on that's light? You walk back and forward along the probably the boat rams anyway, So you might be doing something interesting. Gives a call from work also, that's always good. Oh eight hundred eighty ten eighty and nine two ninety two detext straight off the bat for me firstly, and I'm becoming slightly so I've gone from absolutely no interest whatsoever to slight bit of interest in the Eurovision song conscious only because I know it's for so long been a butt of so many jokes and it's sort of gone gone I've got some sort of it's sort of well known in sort of a camp. He wouldn't want to watch that typeway. However, every year people get more and more serious about it. As Britain goes years and years without winning it, you might want to say something about that. You also might want to tell me where we can watch it live. I presume it'll be on YouTube, but you might know something else about that.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: When they call it Eurovision, I remember one year Australia wasn't it. I think one year Israel wasn't it. So I'm not quite sure why it's called Eurovision. I think Abba won it, Am I right? And I think bucks Furs won it now ABBA's good, buck Furs worn't quite as good. Can you remember the song of bucks Furz? It was also a drink. I think champagne orange juice, am I rode? I think Bucksford's song was making my mind up? Now I might be completely wrong about that, and that would be fine. By the way, Sandy Show won it with a puppet on a string. Like a puppet on a string, so that's something else. That's probably the one you would ever won it with. Waterloo ah wah wah, Wah wah Waterloo. I challenge you to go to the railway station in London, the Waterloo railway station and not sing that song. No one's managed to achieve that. Bucks Furs nineteen eighty one, Making your mind up. What you need to win Eurovision is a very very very catchy chorus. It's all about the chorus and the stage direction.
Speaker 5: Anyway.
Speaker 2: You might have something to say about the Eurovision Song contest. You might have more to say about it than I do. Yeah, eight hundred and eighty Teddy and nine to nine to text was canceled in twenty twenty because of COVID. That'd be good on the chase. Who won Eurovision twenty twenty? No one canceled COVID. Philip Marcus and early for you, Philip welcome.
Speaker 6: Ah yeah, I'm on Colston were Stalkland. We've had no power for over two hours.
Speaker 2: Oh that's terrible. If it was there allowed to be.
Speaker 6: No, there was a big white flash.
Speaker 2: I love a big white flesh. Was the big white flesh nearby?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Yeah, my kitchen window sort of thing? And if actual more road there, I.
Speaker 2: Reckon it's probably a car gone into a transformer. Did you hear a bang or just the crash.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, just a big white flash out the window.
Speaker 2: Okay, have you what have you got? You just got a how can you ring me on your cell phone?
Speaker 6: Yeah? That's all I've got here, what I've had to tea?
Speaker 7: That's all?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 2: If you washed up?
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: Guess what time it's hang on? Hang on Philip, Yeah, guess what time the power is coming back on?
Speaker 6: About midnight?
Speaker 5: Spose later.
Speaker 2: Later again?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Yeah, Now I've got a text about half an hour after it went off to say the power had gone off or whatever and that. But it went off about ten past six.
Speaker 2: I guess between twelve twelve p midnight and six am. Guess when we'll come back on.
Speaker 6: At six am and the more.
Speaker 2: Street it's coming it's back on at three am, Philip.
Speaker 6: Hi, Yeah, all right then, thanks very much for that market.
Speaker 2: That's one of the That's what I think in future when people want to know what time the parent it's going to be a guessing competition. I am talking about your vision. There are curses in the Eurovision Song cast. Did you know that there's curses? Yes, curses and cautionary tales.
Speaker 8: Yep.
Speaker 2: Now The other thing they reckon to rent to win Eurovision is you need to incorporate a folk instrument like a harp or something from your national canon of instruments. By the way, Ukraine is an extremely successful country and Eurovision, but Ireland and Sweden are the most successful. The one at seven times each in Australia isn't it because they're invited? And twenty fifteen because of their goodwill? Anyway, if you want to talk about that good, anything else good? Oh eight hundred eighty ten eighty and nine two nine two to text the year. Mainly the question was have you ever actually attended it? Or the other question is where would you watch it? It's huge in England. People hate watch it through like between their fingers because some of it's so bad. You knowway get in touch. Oh eight hundred eighty ten eighty and nine two nine two to text Marcus, when do you give up a movie franchises? When they hit number ten? Star Warsn't Fast and the Furious, I don't know Fast than the Furious was kind of weird because they went backwards in time. I think I watched all the Faster The Furious over the summer break almost none of it. I remember heartbreaking when that guy did beget in touch you on to be on Ammonemius Marcus welcome, Oh eight hundred eighty to ten eighty and nine to nine to text Marcus loved Sam Ryder performing Spaceman came second in the Eurovision song condest. Also wondering why what sky Stadium will be called when this sponsorship stops. Oh, Highlanders and Hurricanes fourteen all Desiree, Desiree. It's one of those names you can't there's all those sort of first names you get. You can't help singing a desiray anyway, Get in touch by name is Marcus? Good evening, Luke welcome.
Speaker 9: Oh Marcus, how you good luck.
Speaker 5: To the show.
Speaker 9: I've never actually tuned in at at the start of your show with the oh wow that that song that teased the chorus that I think you must have had the country singing I'm your lady.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's that's not a thing. Think that's at the start of every hour. Look, that's not just at the beginning, well, that's every hour.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Gosh, if you've been a really sporadic listener, if you haven't even heard the top.
Speaker 1: Of the hour.
Speaker 9: Well, no, no, I don't the honor of the treat to listen to your show very often? No, clearly, so it's happened. Great, great to be listening again. How can you even do any interviews? Or do I not hear them either? Do you think it's doing any interviews or famous people records?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 9: Oh god, that's a shame.
Speaker 2: Well no, here hear me out right?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So what say tonight?
Speaker 9: Right? Yeah?
Speaker 2: At eight forty five.
Speaker 5: M h.
Speaker 2: I interviewed someone about what happened if at eight forty I interviewed someone for twenty minutes on the early days of Christianity?
Speaker 9: So what happens?
Speaker 2: What happens when you do an interview Everyone that's not interested in that, they're just they've just gone.
Speaker 9: But I think you got I think you've got the skill of make certainly.
Speaker 2: But also but if you're not into that, then you're gone, aren't you? You know when listen to the right thing, Oh god, not herm not not hom again going on about and certain topic there, and you just run a thousand miles because you're not into it.
Speaker 9: If you get them on the teas to that song, though, they'll be helped for at least now.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: But I'm glad you asked about that because I've always prouded my prouded my prided myself on not doing interviews because yeah, you just just I mean, and sometimes the people it's almost interviews because pretty much like you'd have a you'd have your own era of expertise. Let me think about you, Luke watch what's your mastermind topic?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 9: Would timber WoT?
Speaker 11: Well?
Speaker 2: No, you see, I think woods interest. I'll tune in for you for twenty minutes on wood.
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 9: I can't get quite detailed. I do gets told off by the wife.
Speaker 5: You do you.
Speaker 2: Are you a carpenter? Do you do things with wood?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Yeah, so anything to do with wood, from cutting trees down, melling, machining, fine furniture, firewood, you know, anything to do.
Speaker 5: With wo wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's your favorite firewood?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 9: At the moment blackwood?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I don't know what that is.
Speaker 9: Oh it's in Acacia Tasmanian blackwood. And she goes all night.
Speaker 2: You see, I'm bringing a lot of gorse and that's giving me a huge wood because you get some you get some good bits about six inches across. Because I've got quite old gorse and boy, that warms the house. That's unbelievable.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'd play lucky you, but I'd be.
Speaker 2: No, because I've got to cut I've got to cut it all down. It's horrible when you get those prickles. It goes through the glove and down between your fingernail and your finger. That's horrible.
Speaker 9: Anyway, Anyway, we digress. I was calling out to talk about electricity prices in what your thoughts are and what the listener's thoughts are for the upcoming winter and this whole blackout sort of warning that they're talking about. Is are they well like it was last year? Because I know power prices have gone up. They jumped up significantly recently, haven't they? And I know for our powerable it did anyway, And and I think over winter maybe it depends that you're with or maybe have people out there, got the best company to go with? So to avoid these figure.
Speaker 2: What about those websites. I try to get on those websites where you can check out your but it all became too complicated for me. It wasn't it said it was straight Is it called easy key we or something? It said it was straightforward? It was far from it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it was too generic then actually make any sense to me?
Speaker 2: No, And I just wish the whole simpler, the old system was simpler. I wish there was no night fees. There was no I just wish there was no line fees. You just paid and you could actually get because I think they deliberately make it too complicated so you can't really understand.
Speaker 9: You have the line fees jumped up. That's what got meant. Because we don't use very much power at all, we're mostly on solar. What do we even bother?
Speaker 2: But that's the thing I mean, there is no good will towards the power companies when we all get on solar, which is not far away because the price is plummeting for solar panels that we're not going to even be on the grid because we don't want to get involved with them because there could be charges coming through the power lines that could destroy our system. We're going to go solar and we're going to go isolated and they can just take a hike.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Well, we're off grid our on our main home and then we've got the grid on our on our other place.
Speaker 2: How many house has you got.
Speaker 9: I've got two well, two properties.
Speaker 2: You'll be going for a helicopter pad soon.
Speaker 9: It's been talked about. No, but all built by myself or every every every piece of timber, all put up by myself. So wow, yeah, twelve years of solid work.
Speaker 2: Well, what happens is because you can if you're connected to the main grid, then you're actually vulnerable for power cuts and stuff, aren't you. That's so even though you've got batteries in there.
Speaker 9: No, if you've got a battery in the right system, you can supplement your your batteries with the grid and habit.
Speaker 2: But what if there's a power cut, then your batteries kick in and really okay because I thought that something I've got to mate that's also on the grid. But when the power cut, he was affected also, and he's quite a smart guy.
Speaker 9: It depends on your system. There's a lot of there's a lot of companies out there that will try to pull the wool over your eyes. And because like there's booming and it's a new industry kind of thing, and you go companies.
Speaker 2: Have you put a wind generator up as well?
Speaker 9: Oh, we tried that, but we're super windy where we are, and we tried two different ones and they both bleue to pieces.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm gonna run luke bit nice to hear from you. So look, there is rugby league on however, it's Newcastle versus Paramatt and there's another second game on tonight to Super Friday. But it's also on sky Open. And because it's on sky Open, Sky opens also playing commercials. So as you watch the match on sky Open, you will fall behind on the score, and out of respect for that, I won't give you updates. So that's what's happening tonight. I'll give you the results at the end of it. But it is on sky Open. If you want to go and watch it.
Speaker 4: Head.
Speaker 2: My name is Marcus Welk. The numbers oh, eight hundred and eight. Thanks for the text about that too. By the way, I'm not going to tell you about it. Colby mild one kg, cheese block seven ninety nine peck and save Silverdale today Marcus, I eyighty seven. But when I was about twelve, I would use our farm draft horse to pull myrie stumps out of a swamp, cut them up for firewood burns even wet like mad top of wood field glow that's from nol. What are disgrace hurricanes wearing blue? Thank you for that? Do you know what caused the blackout? Last Nut and Tiata to south. Also, we're sitting here playing last card while listening to you your show regards, Monty Marcus. Please ask the listeners if they have a landline. ID asked me if my landline number still exists. Why what would they want to know about that? I suppose they won't know if they can bring you on it? Would they do? Knowly people when they ask questions, I don't tell the reason for the questions. But again, touch anything goes tonight. It's a Friday. It's the Friday free for all the numbers eight hundred and eighty, ten eighty and nine to nine two to text. The other thing that I thought was of a little bit of interest tonight, and I'll just bring up that article. I saved that a little bit earlier. Cats yep, for a discussion about cats. I'm not saying bang cats because I know that people get triggered by that. I've since spent some time today reading about toxo plaz moss, which you can get from a cat, and it says ten thousand New Zealanders may have lost vision due to toxo players. Most the paras height spread by cat excreeter affects one in three people during their lifetime. It affects the sight of forty thousand New Zealanders. I just wonder if you've had that, and if it changed the way you look at your cat. You might want to come on about taxaplosmosis and what you caught from. I know it's kind of a fity serious topic, but it's probably one that we should talk about because you can get the parasite, it can lay dormant in your body for a long long time, then you can actually get sick from it. I wonder how many people have got toxoplasmosis from the kindergarten sand pit that became the cat litertay. But yeah, it freaks you out. But I wonder if anyone who's actually experienced that. Ten thousand people may have lost their vision due to toxo plasmosis. I don't know why I'd end up with your eyes ah, but it must be parasites get in there. I don't know if you can ever get rid of the parasites, but it freaks me out anyway, that's something we I want to talk about as well tonight too, So get in touch anythings on the board tonight, looking forward to what you've got to say. As I say, oh eight hundred eighty eight and nine to text. Keep those emails coming through to people whove got something to cheer me up with. Be good to hear from you. Some of the special days today, International Invention Day, Bike to Workday, lover a tree Day, work from home day, although they put the kaiboh on that, and see Monkey Day. Yeah, maybe some people have gone to see Mission Impossible today? Is that what it was called? We've got the name right, did you go? Was it any good? Or was it terrible? The reviews aren't great, but that's probably not what people go for the reviews. I think people go for the experience and the sense of wonder. So yes, there might be a question you've got tonight. Also, I feel like I'm in an answering question type frame of mind. Marc is talking about cats. We have a new celebrity cat and upper Hut. He's a wanderer. He has a Facebook page, Storm the Trooper. He visits the gym, the pitt shop, the dentist in the supermarket. Marc is a friend's baby boy was born blind in one eye due to his mother contracting toxoplasmosis while pregnant.
Speaker 8: There you go.
Speaker 2: Ten thousand can take a while to kixart and that's fine. By the way, it was pink shirt day today. A lot of you would have been doing the frantic look for a picture last night to seend the child to school. And yeah, it all seems like a very good idea. It doesn't until it falls on the parent. But oh well, I guess that's what parenting a school aged child is about. Panic. Oh, by the way, while we are on school, while we are on school type things, I meant to ask this last night, but we got caught umputer. Once in a while, schools will ask for parents or families to host oversee students for several weeks. Now, you don't do it for the money.
Speaker 5: You do it for the.
Speaker 2: Giggles and the sense of making the globes smaller and exposing your children to different ways of thinking and living. How'd that work out for you?
Speaker 3: Did you do it?
Speaker 2: Did you bullet people from overseas? And how bad did it go? I presume normally it goes very very well, because the normally the will behave children. Will that be right? So I put that there is something you might wondering and talk about. Also tonight, bulleting people from overseas. I'm sure a lot of you have done it with varying satisfactions. Now, Gavin, it's Marcus. Welcome and good evening.
Speaker 12: Yeah, they got some bartercups. Hold on your chimney. Hey, the top three prismosis thing. I don't know much bad. I've got a mate that's seable bodies, mate, I mean the house is four of them. His caller. He goes in order straight catch in the neighborhoods in the town. Actually he should mean, hey, good, what does it mean you get? I mean lights kind of right starts in your eyes. I think you know, it's just dawned on me. Maybe that's got.
Speaker 2: He's got to how Harry Kitts say that it was Devin h Probably king in the house.
Speaker 12: And also he's got you know, had some irritating to his feet and he couldn't walk through good you know, So I think it was something must have been mites, another kind of mites from the kids, you know.
Speaker 2: Can you talk to him about it? Is he keen to like get rid of some of the kids.
Speaker 12: I don't think so. I'm another said in now what's.
Speaker 2: He what's he spending each week to feed them?
Speaker 12: Oh? Cover of dog rolls his own kids, last glacial treatment, I guess. But the other austraged dog walls cut up once. They've pretty good of him.
Speaker 2: You know, doing it for nothing, doing them a service and doing them a dis service. I don't know when it comes to.
Speaker 12: Feed a serious food stuff, but you know good.
Speaker 2: And the bulletin thing what CIDIZI and given and.
Speaker 12: He's in hating. Oh yeah, I remember that. I think it was a dictated from uh suddenly media and Brick well when the prove my school and and Maybia and then when we're at primary school and we we spontored the stude from some some Asian countries and his name was Melian Brick and later on and much later on, I'm rather oldest I think he was.
Speaker 2: I'm not old. I think Milan Brook was shick Aslovakian. I will did you bully.
Speaker 12: Them the school did through my school did what year ship name? It's probably early seventies, early seventies.
Speaker 2: Because he came to is a quack. He came to New Zealand and sixty eight.
Speaker 12: Okay, must have been another person of the same name.
Speaker 2: Could well have been him Gavin, but we'll find out more. Thank you. Twenty to nine Marcus, Till midnight, O What's happening? Texts Marcus Hictor's dolphins have toxoplesmosas from cats washed off the land into the sea to rest strong virus. That's right. I heard a woman speak about a whale expert and a dolphin expert talking about the threat to the Mai dolphins of Texo plesmosas from cats. Marcus. The rules for overseas students are so tough now. All the families need to pass a police check and they are so harsh to near their bedrooms to make sure are up to stand. It has a big etc. That's not unreasonable to want to never beard, Marcus. We still have contact with a Japanese student we hosted thirty five years ago. A fantastic experience. This is what we want to know, the positive story for a Friday your great overseas student billeting experience, Marcus the butter Raffle. The Raffle is forty tickets one to forty at twenty dollars each you buy four hundred worth of butter from Costco as the prize on the bonus number, the raffler pockets four hundred dollars. Really is that like a charity the raffler? Oh, it must be like a fundraiser for a sports thing. But the Costco customers aren't happy because of the shortage of butter going on raffles. This is huge, guys. You heard it here first. That's what's happening. That's why there's no butter at Costco. It's the butter raffle. I so want to be in one of those. Marcus just got back from China. Primary cat stories plenty living on the Great Wall. Cheepers, Marcus, what would your last meal be if you had to choose one butter from Costco? Patty Marcus, welcome.
Speaker 13: Yeah home mate, Just asking a general question. I'm just talking to a friend and I just don't know if you know this, but perhaps she could someone would ring in. You know, when they had stats for how many people watched something on per TV, how do they know? How do how do they actually know how many people are watching a certain program? Okay, if you understand what I'm meaning, you know how they installed them.
Speaker 2: Like, do you want me to answer? Yeah, there's a company and they do it and they go to random people's houses and they put people meters on those houses so that monitors when they are watching TV and they need to input how many people are sitting watching it. Oh, and there's about twelve hundred houses that are involved with people metters, and I think they get given product as well to thank them for their partaking in the survey.
Speaker 14: Ah.
Speaker 13: Really, Oh god, it's amazing to think it's just judged on those It's like a census, in other words, a selection of people that.
Speaker 2: They No, it's not like a census, it's like a survey, but it'll be statistically correct. They will have chosen a big enough sample that the results would be very indicative of how many people are watching.
Speaker 13: Ah right, okay, great.
Speaker 2: Do you think some of it's wrong?
Speaker 13: No, I guess we've all got biased for some things. I'll just was talking to a couple of ladies last night and we're out and we're we all love netball and we've seen that Sky is not going to cover much of it, and neither is TB two. I don't think next year that the netball have not got it signed off yet and I just wondering. You know, this is a pop woman's spot and hello, we're not getting it on TV. I go to the games that are in Auckland, but love to see the games, and even you know, a couple of years ago we even in the Australian Games, but we get nothing.
Speaker 14: Now.
Speaker 2: I think it's a dying game, Petty.
Speaker 13: Netball as opposed to all a big statement, well.
Speaker 2: Covering it no, and.
Speaker 13: Well it'll die further, you know, do you I think I guess.
Speaker 2: Confusing during we joined the trans Tasmin Cup, then we couldn't just people got confused. It chopped and changed too much. Yeah, anyway, we'll talk more about it after the news, Patty, But thank you. We're talking about billeting students, Marcus. I've had about ten international students of the years, and all except one from South Korea have enriched our family life, especially my youngest who was who has four much older siblings. I particularly enjoyed those from Japan and some have come back and stayed as adults. Regarding toc so two, we have had two kittens with Kotchita and as I am ono suppression, my doctor sent me a blood test which showed I had been in contact with it sometime. Coming from a rural background, she decided. My mother had Japanese students since seventy four. They came in groups to learn English by immersion, which is not like baptism. I don't think one girl that stayed with us. We had a boy for another group, and they went on to marry, came back to New Zealand and opened a chain of Japanese restaurants. They still come to stay with me. One went on to have about forty five students and went to Japan ourself seven times and stayed with their families. They became a part of our lives. Billeting. I don't like the word, although no one seems to like the word, because a lot of texts have said bulleting or bullets about bullets thing, what's that about? But yeah, everyone's a spinning expert these days, aren't they. I'm not kidding here. My partner used to bullet kids. That's right, that's the one that found the cupboard full of urine. Yeah, Marcus, wouldn't that but a raffle breach gaming laws. I thought any money has received of a certain amount had to be drawn under police supervision. I think once you get to that stage in life when you're fundraising for your kids, they don't worry about laws. Down South, there's always a big thing called scratchy boards, and they look sketchy as all get out. It's like a bit of cardboard with a few scratches and a twenty buck note. I think you pay five bucks and they put your name on it and then you can draw it, you know, with all these stupid scratches you got to scratch. But I'd much rather have the butter one. Yeah, so forty tickets. I think it's twenty bucks each. Twenty bucks each. You buy four hundred worth of butter from Costcos as the prize on the bonus number the raffler pockets four hundred. I don't know where Costco is getting their butter. I think it's might be from Denmark. I've still never been to Costco. By sense that's about to change. I'm gonna go to Auckland with a chili bin. No I'm not. Actually, I've got no desire for butter. By the way, I don't know what Paddy, old Crappy Patty was on about the nettles on the TV now I always loved when they say me and some of the girlfriends whore talking them out here we go cooked up a conspiracy. Marcus Kirkland is the Costco house brand. West and Milk did have this contract for two years and may still have it. Hilarious. The Kirkland butter is sourced from Westland Milk Products based in Hoka. Ticker probably comes up by train. That's the most exciting thing about it. They'd put on the Hoka ticker train would go to christ Church, then they put on the train up to Auckland. I don't know if Costco has its own railway siding.
Speaker 5: Does it?
Speaker 2: Can't wait to go there. I can't wait. I'm gonna sign up and everything. I think that there was some fact about Costco sells like half the world's cash you nuts. You ever seen that stead? Why is that another chase? Yeah, that's right, So almost all the fifty percent of the world's cash you nuts get sold at Costco. I think that's true, but get in touch of your talk. My name is Marcus. Welcome eight hundred and eighty ten eighty surely yeah, percentage of nuts, cash you nuts, half the world's cashees are sold at Costco. I don't know why three point five eight metric tons, So that's of interest to me as I say, oh oh, by the way, Peck and say PUKAKOHI has removed all the pems but are placing them with rolling meadow butter for over eight dollars a block. Maybe pems have run out, maybe pains has all gone to Costco. In Neil Marcus, welcome.
Speaker 4: Good evening, Marcus. You invited us to talk about something different. Thank you, sir. We're very elderly Mam and I. We're not rich, but we had a have a nest egg and so we want to get a bit of interest from it. Nothing much. So we've decided to install twenty two solar panels, which will just about I mean, we don't use the grid. Is that our wise decision? Do you think, Marcus?
Speaker 2: How much are they costing?
Speaker 4: Twenty twenty twenty four thousand?
Speaker 2: Jan but that Marcus, hang on, who's who's installing them for you?
Speaker 4: Harrison's okay, sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, because it's surprising you've agreed to do it. Then you're asking me now if it's worthwhile? Well, I think I think Harrisons could probably tell you how many years it will take you for it to pay off. Have they told you they're it?
Speaker 4: They have a Marcus. But in our case, in our eighties, we don't feel it's relevant. We just have money sitting there doing nothing, and so we thought we may as well spend it and not pay electricity from the grid. That's what I was interested in your opinion.
Speaker 2: On I would understand and say, would tell me I would have thought that it would take you twenty years to pay that off?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well I won't be here, no so, but but that what to me?
Speaker 2: Wouldn't that would indicate that that's not a good investment.
Speaker 4: But can I just inter another time limited?
Speaker 2: No, it's not. I'm just I just I just I just want to get to the nuts of what you're asking.
Speaker 4: Really later, I'll try very man.
Speaker 5: I'm old.
Speaker 4: The fact that it takes twenty years is not really relevant to Mam and I because we just had that money. You sat doing nothing and will die with it doing nothing, So we thought we might as well use it and get rid of the grid. I know, from an accountant's point of view, it's maybe not a good idea, but we think it's a good idea for us.
Speaker 2: Well, I guess that's the other thing that maybe we can ask is doesn't increase the value of your house? I mean, obvio, see that's not of interest to you? Is that who inherits the house?
Speaker 4: Our daughter?
Speaker 5: And does she?
Speaker 2: Does she want to live in that house?
Speaker 5: You'd love to?
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, that's nice because it means that she's off the grid as well, doesn't it, Yes, sir, yeah, that makes sense to me. No, I think I think a quick look at Google said that takes nine years to pay off savings will be seven to nine years to be paid off. So then too, once your daughter's near her powers for free.
Speaker 4: Marcus, I'm laughing at you because Google is a completely mystery to me.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's hear from Neil. Thank you? Sevening past nine and getting touchy on a talk anyone who's got the advice for I can't really give financial advice. I think we're forbidden to. We want to talk about Neil and sohla Marcus. I don't watch a lot of TV. There's nothing much that deals appeals to me. But because I've been on well over the last week, I've tried watching some of the programs like The Chase and deal and odeal. But they play the same episode two nights in a row, do they.
Speaker 5: Do?
Speaker 2: They normally would, so I might have some information on that. Marcus Costco introduced the costcos The Costco introduced the Kirkland signature label in nineteen ninety five, naming the brand after its original headquarters in Kirkland, Washington, about twenty minutes outside the heart of Seattle. In the twenty years since, Costco has expanded the label to include hundreds of items throughout its warehouses. There we go, just like that. Welcome people, My name is Marcus. Here to the end, solar, cashew nuts, billets. Too many topics, That's all right, I will soldier on people. There's something else you want to mention eight hundred and eighty ten eighty also tonight mentioning Yeah, oh yeah, I.
Speaker 11: M hm.
Speaker 2: I mean Soul is going to get cheaper and cheaper, isn't it. I'm just not quite sure why. Yeah, Harrison used to be the Carpetstad are doing solar, aren't they. I think they're prety reputable, aren't they?
Speaker 5: Good?
Speaker 2: Inning, Edam, it's Marcus. Welcome, Hi Adam?
Speaker 10: Are you asking about exchange students? So want to give you a call on driving.
Speaker 2: Yes, thank you.
Speaker 10: Don't know what we're doing an act. But we had an exchange student last year for about most of the year from from Germany.
Speaker 14: Wow yep, And.
Speaker 10: There was the first time that we ever have done that and we can't sort see how this goes. And anyway, she arrived. She was fifteen years old and she's pretty shy. And the main reason we got her is because going to get one daughter left at home who's sixteen, and we had a keeper company.
Speaker 11: And so.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I think he's gonna wondering what you want to know about them?
Speaker 2: Really, the years quite a long time, isn't it.
Speaker 10: Yeah, well, well we went quite so long to say if it's just a term, and we got along pretty well. And after about it was getting it into the term, she came to me, Adam, I liked the school I met, and I like the family, and I was going, you, you're talking to the family, and she should take it up to stay longer. And so she stayed another term and then she ended up staying in another term after that. And it's really kind of it's for our family, I mean, another person in the house. Actually, we really enjoyed it.
Speaker 3: What was it for her?
Speaker 2: And it was it all about learning English for her?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean that's it, and you're a little bit about that, but it it is to learn English is quite good. And I think most of the Germans are quite good at English anyway. I think they're better than what they think.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so.
Speaker 10: Obviously there's I think for them it's kind of like a right passage and they kind of just get some might experience as well.
Speaker 2: Was she consume that she was she concerned that she was missing anything academic from her own school?
Speaker 10: Yeah, she wasn't. I think some of them are, but she will. And she said, I don't even care if I stay here and I get behind oldest to another year of school back in Germany. She didn't think too concerned about that.
Speaker 2: She seems quite sensible and quite chilled out for a German.
Speaker 10: I think we've got a good one. Yeah, she was definitely did. She doesn't indicate a bit more of a.
Speaker 9: KYI of o here.
Speaker 2: Long? How long has he been back for? How long has he been back in Germany? For a presum this was last year?
Speaker 5: Was it?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Well, the thing is she didn't want to leave, and I think if we heard this happens with quite a few of them like she is. She was loving it really and year she said she didn't want to leave. She's going, oh, I don't want to leave. And I mean it was nice to us as a compliment for us, I guess, but we were we were worried that she'd pretend to get on the plane right back at the front door.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think she got she did they come Do you think they come from unhappy families or yeah?
Speaker 10: Well that was one of the things we were wondering about, but absolutely not for her. Now she's in there quite a normal family. We spoke to the mother quite a bit. Okay, yeah, it's just it's just saying it's always good thing to do.
Speaker 2: Did she get up with your daughter?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 10: I think that's probably what I worked out. My daughter was six sixteen and she was fifteen, And it worked out because one night when there was only a couple of weeks after for she to ride, and I said, oh, I'll give her a nice dessert. She was watching TV in the other room, and so I went in with an apple pie that I cooked up. I said, oh, this would be nice, and then I put some some ice cream on it.
Speaker 5: It was.
Speaker 10: It was like orange chocolate chip ice cream. I said, oh, you know, my daughter loves that. I'll give it anyway. She just came along. Story short, she didn't like apple pie. She hates it, and she freaked out and she saw that orange chopped your by stream. She was the weirdest thing ever. And then so she didn't know to ft really bad. And then my daughter went in to sort of see her, and she explained once like I already had his mother's took this for me and they started laughing and laughing the heads off because they didn't then you didn't know what to show to me. And I think after that it got a really well and so you know, it's one of those strange things that that kind of just they got on.
Speaker 2: And yeah, it has your daughter gone to Germany to see her.
Speaker 10: Now, I think my daughter would like to. She's sitting like you in the plane incidentally that she like going on airplanes and so going away weird, but she.
Speaker 5: Can't see your.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's a good story, Daedim, thank you. I like the way you told it to I like you.
Speaker 5: I like you.
Speaker 2: I like your delivery. You got a good delivery style, quite deed pen I thought there for a while that was there was gonna be it was, it was gonna be like a shaggy dog story. I liked it a lot anyway, with the ice cream, Thank you very much. Get in touch by him as Marcus. Welcome, well, welcome, welcome. Someone said he doesn't need twenty two solar panels. I hate to say it, but I think they look TEARI all on the roof of the house. But i'd be worried in the wind and bluff tell you're worried that you'd lose them into the tide. And there is quite Oh, by the way, don't get me going. I've got a stupid solar. I've got a solar electric fence in it, and boy I had troubles with that today. Flip did me headen with my fault find are up and down cheap as creepers? Because I was so confident it was all going to work. Put the sheep in a new paddock. The thrupp all no good. The Eurovision Song Contests this weekend. Most of the songs you won't know apart from well people that have won it. The who knows, I don't know, who knows? How much you know about Eurovision. I know very little. All I know is ABBA one year and Buckfir's won at one year and Sandy Sure won a one year. But every year there's much hype about it. And that's on this weekend, so if you want to talk about that, then that's good. It's on Saturday. I don't know how you can watch it. I've never seen a second of it, but yeah, that's happening. Ireland's waned a lot, and I think Sweden's wonted a lot. But I think it's the most watched TV E endeavor in Europe. But that's on this weekend if you want to discuss that. Sandy Shaw won it very early on with Puppet on a String. Also to Celine Dion has won it with so Moi. She's winning it for Switzerland, but that feels like hours ago. I've also gone on about the costco butter raffles, which does fascinate me. We're talking about having overseas students come to stay and what that's done for your family. Yeah, we're in the application process, got to get police checked, which should not be a problem. If well. I good evening, Bob, It's Marcus welcome.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Marcus I just thought i'd bring up because a lot of people, you know, are down or on a house system. I had to go up to the Glenham Hospital the other day and I got seen straight away. The service was excellent. They gave me a hold of a medication to take after which which I didn't have to pay a cent for. I just wanted to say that I thought that the hospital system was working well, well it would well for me.
Speaker 2: Anyway, right experience w R I K yeah ye, and I.
Speaker 4: Had a woosdom tooth. It was giving me problems, just blood. What did they do they running out?
Speaker 2: Did they rip it out?
Speaker 5: Oh? No, they gave me well.
Speaker 4: I went to a dentist or just short story. I went to a dentist and I won't mention the name someone here, and he said, you've got an absence. We can't do anything about it till we get the abscess done. Blah blah blah blah. Go home and drink some water. While I drank about fifty liters of water and it was still affecting me. So I ended up taking myself up to the hospital where they gave me morphine three injections and goodness knows what because the pain just wasn't going away.
Speaker 2: Why didn't the dentists do that?
Speaker 4: Because the dentersy couldn't do anything about it until the absys had gone down. But he gave me all these He gave me the medication to take when I've taken them, and I decided, well, it's been four or five days now, so I didn't take any last night because I thought a lot of the abscesst thing will be gone my now, surely, But no, I got the same result. So I'm going to get it out next week. I thought that the surface had got up there. Everyone runs down the health service, but they couldn't have been bitter.
Speaker 2: Nice to hear, Bob, and good luck with her. Keep us post about that good eating normal. It's Marcus welcome.
Speaker 15: Oh hello, Marcus. I'm very nervous. I've never rung before. But you were talking last night about the price of butter. Yes, and well, I went up to my local or worse at half past six tonight just to get a few things. And I thought, well, I had to get some butter or something, and I went and had a look and it was over eleven dollars for one little half kilo of butter. Over eleven dollars. I couldn't believe it. It was just on twenty three dollars for a kilo.
Speaker 2: And you must have thought yourself, well, that's what they're talking about on the radio last night.
Speaker 15: Yes, well, I listened to you every night, and.
Speaker 14: I did.
Speaker 15: But I couldn't believe dollars.
Speaker 2: Because I think most of us have just used to checking butter in the old shopping no matter what, we've never thought about the price. Yeah, well about three or four, two or three dollars.
Speaker 15: The last lot I bought, I bought it at Christmas with my Christmas Club and I think I paid just a little over five dollars and it was PAMs. But it's all made the same place. Yes, but of course I've just run out, so I thought, well, well i'd better get some and needless to say, I won't be eating butter.
Speaker 2: And any Moore Helen. Will that last you? Norma? Do you bake?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 5: I do.
Speaker 15: I bake quite a lot. I found that. Well, I won't be putting butter in my baking. I'll have to try some sort of margarine.
Speaker 9: I suppose nice to.
Speaker 2: Hear from your Norma. Thank you for calling. He did very well and I appreciate it. Nineteen to ten.
Speaker 5: Hello, Todd, I'll get a mark.
Speaker 9: I tell you good.
Speaker 2: Todd.
Speaker 3: I hate saying that I haven't spoken to you for a while, but yeah, I've spoke to you a few years ago. But anyway, I've just recently returned to China.
Speaker 2: To be fair, Todd, I'm not the sort of guy that's gonna say, oh, well, I'm not that good. I'm struggling. I'm struggling with my home life and the kids are out of control, and you know, but oh, I know, I normally traveled along pretty well. But anyway, thanks for asking it.
Speaker 3: Anyway, I love listening to you, and we've had a great conversations about bloody ducks and drain pipes and the fire stations and stuff before. But anyway, I've just recently returned from China, and I'm talking about the Keshu nuts. So I don't know if you know that craft beer is really taking off in China.
Speaker 2: You did, is that where you were there? No?
Speaker 5: I went.
Speaker 3: I took my son, who was turning twenty one, and I said to him, where do you want to go? He didn't want to party, so I said, he's my middle son. And I said, I've taken the other brother and I've got another one to do. But I said, wherever you want to go, we'll go. He said, we'll go to Hong Kong, and then I want to go to China and Vietnam. So I took him to China for a couple of weeks to visit some friends there, and we went to southern China and Ning and anyway, at ten o'clock at night, it's thinking hot and you want to go and have a beer. This school kids still running around. It's unbelievable. It's just such a modern place. You go to a place and they've got Kraft beer from all around the world. But when you order a pint of beer, you either get a plate of cashew nuts or something our seed or some other sort of nut. Anyway, the Casho nuts, they're so big and tasty there. You must eat a kilo at night. I don't know. I mean, I can't believe that China isn't the biggest eater of kesh you nuts, because, oh my god, every night it was just a big bowl of kesh nuts because they're in front of you and you're playing like two dollars New Zealand for a pint of craft. You just eat the keshing nuts in front of you are so fantastic. You just.
Speaker 2: And lightly roasted.
Speaker 3: No, they've even got a bit of a brown skin on them. They haven't even been processed. They're like raw kesh and nuts have still got the husk shell on them. Like the peanuts that you get have got the shell on them, but the kesh you nuts have got this like a brown thin skin on them, and they're just absolutely gorgeous. I I reckon I put a kilo on just eating kesh you nuts and him you would have. Oh fantastic. It's the place to go. I never thought I would go there, but oh my god, I went to a place called Men.
Speaker 2: Did anyone anyone get drunk?
Speaker 3: I yeah, they Well the bar didn't opened all eight o'clock at night, and it's opened all six in the morning, and it's like it's still skids running around at midnight Chinese time. And then they were all off the school at seven thirty in the morning. But it's just so they're out playing badminton on the street. They're out, they're like, there's that's not a problem for them, And it's like a real culture shop for twenty one year old son. I think he were talking about it for the rest of his life. I don't think he's ever been and I've been around about fifty countries around the world and did my ie in the nineties. But he just couldn't believe it, and I couldn't believe it myself.
Speaker 2: Why did you choose then, King?
Speaker 3: I could have had a friend that's got a Chinese wife from christ Church and he said, come over. So we went over and oh my god, talk about hosts. You couldn't get better hosts. Say the woman there retire when they're fifty, they get the pension, but the men can't retire till the sixty seven. But everybody in China was happy. They were all happy. I can't believe it. I just thought it was such a great place.
Speaker 5: To go with it.
Speaker 2: What's your mate doing? Is he retired?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's older, he's older and his wife about my age and he's about ten years older than me. But yeah, he's got he's still got a business in christ Church that he has kids run. He just probably clicks a dissy, I don't know.
Speaker 2: But what's he do all day?
Speaker 3: Todd? Oh, that's the thing. I think they're just eating sweat. It's pretty sticky. It's pretty hot and sticky. It's close to the Vietnam border, so it's pretty tropical.
Speaker 2: Really nice to hear from it, Tod. What a great call. A little bit head it all the nuts, the picture? What bit? What craft beer would you drink?
Speaker 9: Todd?
Speaker 4: Ah, it was cooled.
Speaker 3: I can't remember what was called now it was called number sixteen or if Yeah, they didn't speak much English, but yeah, they had appointed the stick and you go, yes.
Speaker 5: That one.
Speaker 3: But yeah, when around the beer's costure like nine dollars New Zealand then you're just out there in the tropical heat at nighttime and it's not even for them. But we you know, this is only a month ago. I was there, not even there. I was there about three weeks ago. It's still it's very nice.
Speaker 2: Nice to hear. Thanks Todd. I wasn't quite sure if he was right about cashes, but then I googled it and says cashes are a popular snack to enjoy with beer in China. They offered tenas find slightly sweet and nutty flavor that complements various beer styles they've ever seen. Cashess a bar snack peanuts. Yes, what about that bougia mix or something. Marcus, it's not worth elderly people getting solar panels installed, as the power bill is usually very small. I looked into it. My monthly bills around one hundred. To make sole economical, people need to be using a large amount of electricity. I didn't hear all of Neil's corbetam considered getting advice. Thank you. Honestly, Eurovision is worth a watch. It's an amazing broadcasting and staging spectacle. It makes the Super Bowl halftime show look like local theater. My question was where would you watch it? Is it on like rialto or one of those weird sky channels. Do you know Crusaders warrataz Saders have just scored again nineteen zero they lead. Conversion was successful nineteen zero eight Away from ten. A colleague at work was complained there about the cost of butter. She buys two coffees every day. I buy one a day from the same cafe, six dollars fifty a caps. As you're spending thirteen dollars a day on coffee. Go figure, Marcus and Sri Lank. We have a system where we can sell the electricity generator from your rooftop solar panels at the net to the national grid and you get an income. It's a good investment where it's low interest rate on your bank deposits. But I don't know how it works here though, with the amount of sunlight you can put it back through. I think it's like I think the power companies stiffier and pay the lowest rate. I think that's the way it is. I know it was always contentious. Don't quote me on that. Y solo needs to be simpler. I still think I think you still need batteries to get it to work, because obviously the sun's not gonna be out when you always need the power. I think the batteries are getting better quite quickly. Also talking about overseas students coming to stay. But this is interesting. This is a story admittedly from the Daily Mail, but since it's we are talking about solar, it does say China has secretly installed kill switch and solar panel sold to the West, which could see Beijing plunge its enemies into darkness in the event of WW three. Well, if that's what happened with my electric fence system. Although we're not in WW three yet are we. I don't know how the kill switch would work, but it'd be pretty easy to take one a part and see where it was wasn't It doesn't seem to ring true for me that story. I'll bring you more about that when I've got eight hundred and eighty nine to nine to tectail. You're going people head or midnight. If you do want to come through, do get in touch, take it quickly before the news and enjoyed. When they go about the German woman that came to stay Sarah, it's Marcus. Welcome and good evening, Hello billeting.
Speaker 11: It wasn't quite billitting. But when my son was in primary school, an international student from Korea came over with his family I think, and they made friends at school and then he went back to Korea. But my son kept in touch with him and the family contacted me, and so then he came and stayed with us for three months.
Speaker 5: Wow, that's a bit awesome.
Speaker 2: That's a big chunk of time. How old is he when he came across?
Speaker 11: Well, you know that the ages are different to olf I think around eight or nine.
Speaker 2: Mean their ages are different.
Speaker 11: Oh, because when our babies are born there you know that, you know, with the Asian culture.
Speaker 2: I think first they're on the same planet, though, so was he. He came back for three months at age eight or nine.
Speaker 11: Eight or nine. I could never quite work out whether it was eight or nine year for English. Yes, we lived in our home, went to school with my son.
Speaker 2: Didn't get homesick.
Speaker 11: No, he was wonderful. We had a great time. I would take him like he just slipped into our whole lifestyle, and I would, you know, often take him to some of those Asian stores so he could get his little treats and it's nice. And he kept in touch with his parents, and his parents kept in touch with me, and it was great. However, my sister, I know you're going to the news, but a few years later she did the same thing, got a boy from China.
Speaker 16: And it was dreadful.
Speaker 2: And that's all I'll talk about to the bad side of it. But I thank you. I appreciate that, Sarah, thank you for that. Hey, welcome guys. Just so you know, if you are keen to watch Eurovision Song Quest, I think some of you will probably love it. I don't know why that, but seems.
Speaker 5: So.
Speaker 2: It might be the thing that appeals to some of you. You can watch it on YouTube seven o'clock on Sunday morning. It's the most watch something, most watch showever in Europe or something like that. Yeah, any huge amount of hype. It seems that there's more and more build up about every year. Maybe just taking notice of it that happens Sunday morning. Anyway, Welcome. My name is Marcus. I hope it's good. I hope it's good where you are. I hope you're good. That's what I mean to say. A little bit of talk on toxoplasmosis, not much, A little bit some on the euro Vision not a lot. We're talking about having overseas students come and stay, and solar panels and the cost Co butter raffle. Well, you pay eight hundred bucks, sorry, you pay forty people pay twenty bucks. Someone buys four hundred bucks of butter and you win it if your number comes up on the lotto. So simple and so seductive. Imagine that winning four hundred dollars worth of butter. Oh yeah, one of the great fundraisers of all time. Although they think probably that Costco has run out of Kirkland butter because everyone's doing it. For these schemes. Thirteen past ten. Good evening, Ricketts Marcus, welcome.
Speaker 5: You today.
Speaker 2: Good thank you.
Speaker 6: Rick.
Speaker 5: I'm moving down your neck of the woods next month.
Speaker 2: Oh where you're moving to.
Speaker 5: Taper Oh too.
Speaker 4: We you're good.
Speaker 5: Just out of two. You've got a half bake a piece of land halfway between the tour and the Toura, and I'm going to put a little wee building on it and go one hundred percent solar.
Speaker 3: Rick.
Speaker 2: I've got a good maid of mine, right, who's a Trevor. He's an overseas guy that's moved his head in quite a considered lad right. Hell of a nice guy, and I often talk him about the place to retirement, to the best place to retire, because he's a surfer and a hunter. Yep, always says to it. Tuply recons that's the perfect place. Well for me, it's not my jam, but he reckons it's the it's the absolute chosen town. So well done choosing that.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I loved down there for eight years. Came back up to what I caned because of old people. Years ago. I owed a house and twos told him brought a six from down there, stole the six down there helfmaker and non farmland, and it's going to cost me twelve thousand dollars plus the pawer.
Speaker 2: Okay, could just tell me where it is? You say, halfway between two end.
Speaker 5: And the sea.
Speaker 2: Okay, yep to Turrah Yep.
Speaker 5: I think call to Taura may have a look a math Rarey road.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So you're so it was twelve grand to get the power put on, so you're not going to do it.
Speaker 5: No, I'm not. I can build the solar system, a decent solar system for about six or seven dollars. That will do me. I'm single retirement. I get the gold card in February. So I'm in the white Kado at the moment, driving book takers the green milk tankers. Yes, and I'm transferring down there to drive the green bok takers down by.
Speaker 2: You for Fonterra or for.
Speaker 5: No, the green one the open country.
Speaker 2: Open country, yeah, open country. Yeah, well there you'll be, you'll be. That's they're the ones I follow home on the bluff road at night.
Speaker 5: That's the one halfway down the bluff on the right, the da that's.
Speaker 2: Right, that's right. More singing there about to turn on well, would you would you have to drive into into you wouldn't take the milk tanker home? Or would you start out that way?
Speaker 5: No? No, no, no, we're based on them. Yeah, okay, So I will be living in the Caribe until I saw at the sea there, and I will.
Speaker 9: I do.
Speaker 5: I'll be doing two days, two nights, four off, so I'll be staying with them at the mats based on work days and going meet to camp on days off.
Speaker 2: You've got you've got a place to part your caravan.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, it's got a small farmer.
Speaker 2: And just because I can't find where you're talking about, are you to the west of the yl or to the east of it?
Speaker 5: Well, if you look at Rally Road, our A W R O W L E Y Road or T Toura Road.
Speaker 2: Oh yep, copy that. Yeah, I'm seeing where you are.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, yeah, and we're there with.
Speaker 2: Six grand right.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: You got to have batteries with that, do you, yes?
Speaker 5: Yeah, one hundred percent batteries. I'm sort of looking around the two and a half three kilo off. I'll use a generator for washing machine once a week, and any welding amoun stuff I do like that. I'll just use a generators, even the petrol generator and a pable.
Speaker 2: If you thought of buying an electric car as well, because then you could use that bettery.
Speaker 5: To uh electrical? Did you say electric car? Electrical? That's all they're good for.
Speaker 7: Copy of that Wreckord nod.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right, that's right. Good luck with the Okay, it's for you can stay in town, so the petre won't be too much, will it.
Speaker 5: I don't care.
Speaker 9: Fair enough.
Speaker 5: I'm traveling. I'm traveling where I am at the moment. I'm prevalent to water, and I do one hundred and fifty k a day to work seventy five k K.
Speaker 2: Have you worked out what sort of dwelling you're going to build?
Speaker 5: I want to I'm going to buy one of those expendable containers, Yes, and put one of those on. It's only me. I'm single.
Speaker 2: They expire. They expand sideways, not lengthwise, don't they.
Speaker 5: That's all one yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, So what's the point of them expanding? It's easy to shift on to your property, is it, And then you can expand them once they're there.
Speaker 5: There are twenty foot container size, yeah, bathroom and toilet, and then I've boughten prevalent. The place is all wider, and you unfold them to make them three times a size once and see it, and then the kitchen cabinets all move around into the kitchen area, and not that they're already plummed up and already wide up.
Speaker 2: So the advantages that if you decide to go somewhere else, you can move them.
Speaker 5: Yes, that's right, you can put them on trailer. You can move them swinglets all a swinglets will take away or a quie dress.
Speaker 2: Oh so where are they made rick China?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 5: Okay, there's lots of people selling them. Some are some are ten thousand dollars pier than others were exactly the same thing. They're just going to shop around and what are they?
Speaker 2: Sixty grand? Is that how much they're worth?
Speaker 5: Between thirty and forty?
Speaker 6: Okay for a twenty.
Speaker 5: Four one, but keeper in the tiny home by keeping in mind one of those tiny homes and far better.
Speaker 2: What's the shipping cost was that delivered?
Speaker 5: No is it's a coast church and does want forty on thousands for them, and it's up to about seventy thousand from Christ Church. And there is a guy into the tag and that brings them in. And he's talking nine hundred dollars from the cargle to a tempering.
Speaker 2: Nice to hear from you, sounds good, puped Rundy someday did we go twenty past day? If you want to talk Mark evening, Neve Marcus welcome.
Speaker 16: Is this nive here? And listen that last person you had on about the hases and things here? Can I get hold of that that fella because I've got fifteen acres out here, Dan Rollison way and and I want to put a couple of his said better than the tiny hairses.
Speaker 2: Oh much better expand them you get him here, get him, I'll broke. I'll do it for you.
Speaker 8: Nev.
Speaker 2: What do you want me to do?
Speaker 16: Just save me some information on it or give me a contact so another that I can Raymond he.
Speaker 2: Doesn't know it doesn't need to work on the phone.
Speaker 16: Any what you'll be dealing with, China Padam?
Speaker 2: Who does you?
Speaker 12: What?
Speaker 2: Do you want to rent them out to?
Speaker 7: People?
Speaker 2: Do you? Oh?
Speaker 16: Not necessary? I'll probably live in one of them or a couple of them, me and the and the offspring and uh yeah, ren me hats out on the same Probably I've got fifteen acres here.
Speaker 2: Do you want to make some money?
Speaker 16: Oh, well, you know eighteen ass I want a dance, so ice I've got I've got a three four storied hair, two storyed hairs here with five bedrooms in it, and the lens down stairs and the lens upstairs, and the fire down stairs and the fire upstairs.
Speaker 2: And you'd be bounced what what what period your house? You'll be bouncing around? Is it like an old house?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 16: He here, there is an old hess, Yes it is.
Speaker 2: This might work quite well for you. And the high end can get in and drop him off, get him, You can get him dropped off easy. It's accessible. You could just bring a truck in with the container on them.
Speaker 16: Oh yeah, there's no problem. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: You've got a son or a daughter there? Who's your offspring?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 16: Or lives straight across the road, Yes, straight across the road I bought. I bought her house and oh hell fourteen to fifteen years ago. And yeah, but my daughter and son of law lives across straight across the road.
Speaker 2: Because could they didn't they google it up for you, couldn't they?
Speaker 6: Rick?
Speaker 2: What's the name of the company, mate, I don't know you on the radio. No, hang on, I'm talking to Rick. If I'm doing two things at once, Neves don't apologize it was confusing. Neves texted his phone number, and I'll just shout out to to text us what's happening. So what the company's called? That's what I'm doing there, and I'll tell you what the company is.
Speaker 16: Okay?
Speaker 2: Have you said something?
Speaker 5: Then?
Speaker 2: He used to talking to.
Speaker 5: So you?
Speaker 2: So you have you got a pen and paper?
Speaker 16: Yes, I haven't.
Speaker 2: I'm just waiting to find out the name of the company. Okay, and then you get your daughter on the computer. She googles that Google's a lay.
Speaker 16: Maybe it will be over the work there yet.
Speaker 2: Expenders who expanders x extenders w W w W for whiskey whiskey, whiskey whiskey, U ex military.
Speaker 16: Yeah, I've got the www dot dot.
Speaker 2: X enders.
Speaker 16: X for x, y P for hey or what's after the dots?
Speaker 2: Ef oh E for echo?
Speaker 14: What a e x hell?
Speaker 16: And you break it up on me? He for Edward x x P P for Patrick, A A sadom in in for nibble a he for Edward, uh are forever is and what's the last one?
Speaker 5: What's up to.
Speaker 16: Is. Did you get d e x p A N d E is it's for Sam.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, dot co dot inz.
Speaker 5: Right do to me.
Speaker 16: It's w W W dot e x p.
Speaker 3: A n e r s dot co dot n z and put a D between.
Speaker 7: N and e.
Speaker 3: Put it.
Speaker 14: Put a sa, sir, Charlie, D D for Derek, D for one, Derek C for ceiling, d D for Derek David David.
Speaker 2: That's it. You're onto it.
Speaker 16: Okay, so we don't put the D between one N and e, all between N and eye. Okay, I've got that.
Speaker 2: Read it back to me.
Speaker 16: It'll be w W dot.
Speaker 1: E x p A.
Speaker 16: Indan e dot COZ.
Speaker 8: You're away.
Speaker 2: The future is yours, NEV. Thanks that. I appreciate you coming through, brilliant, brilliant, brilliant, brilliant expender. I might if you go that web but I hope that website does work, doesn't it? Like when you read it, I said, w W, Well, yep, those people need to go like citizens advice for like, oh, I suppose I can it says this site can't be reached? Then do I give him?
Speaker 5: They?
Speaker 2: I tell him is oh, I wasn't a panic there extends always checking things up. You should sell the fifteen acres. I reckon, who wants fifteen acres when you're in your eighties to get a helipad? I see the news. Did I've read that long article at the helipad in Sydney and in Melbourne? You can't have a helipad in an urban area. Expanders didn't. Well, I've putting only two w's. I followed my own advice.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 2: The other thing that we were kind of talking about was getting foreign students to come to learn English. How did that work out for you? What did you feed them? I think that's what people find challenging. You've got to give them sort of. I don't know what you've got to give them action, I've never done it. I'll keep you posted without how ours is going. We're getting police checked. But if we doesn't have them, that doesn't mean because we've found the police check it. This means because they were oversubscribed. Expanders does work people. I was on this website the other day. I recognized this. I didn't real understand them. You can put a balcony out the front, twenty foot expanded de lux. That'll be what I'm to getting between forty one and fifty five grand five point nine six point three two point five. That's six six thirty six seventy two squares. It's quite big for a tiny home. Marcus Cure to Marcus, when you missed the d and expanders, my heart sank in might doo. It was like nervously watching the end of a close rugby match, didn't know whether you were going to come out on top of a message going through be ironic if there was a website called dub dub dub dot x spainers. Yeah, Brucett's Marcus, good evening and welcome.
Speaker 7: Hello.
Speaker 3: You're just stalking about putting kill switchers on solar panels something. It'd be a whole lot of garbage.
Speaker 2: Bigg your pardon, because.
Speaker 3: Well you're just saying that someone said the Chinese are putting kill switchers on their soul of panels. I think it'd be a whole lot of garbage. Yeah, because the one thing is only it's the leads only one.
Speaker 2: It's the lead story on the Daily Mail tonight in big headlines. But it doesn't pass that. I think it sounds like rubbish.
Speaker 3: It's actual rubbish because there's only one electronic component on those panels, usually one, and that's a diode, a stearing diode on them. Stop them pushing power back up the panel?
Speaker 2: Have they got power? Have they got power inverters in them?
Speaker 3: No, there may be those ones, but they would be Yeah, I don't know where they. Yeah, they do make them, but I mean the but just the straight panels.
Speaker 2: No, it does say, it does say Energy official officials are assessing they're risk posed by small communication devices discovered inside power inverters, an integral component of renewable energy systems that connect them to the power grid. While inverters are built to allow remote access for updates and maintenance, the utility companies that use them typically instill firewalls to I've been direct communication back to China.
Speaker 3: Yeah. But the the other thing is that those ones with invertus on the museum vertas secret for the panel an me here.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, I've read it a bit more, but it's all on the Daily Mail. But yeah, I'm cynical too, Bruce. It sounds like China hysteria to me. But yeah, I'll try and read some more and see if I can find a more reputable website. But hey, thanks, for you, col I'm running to news catches soon, people, so that's something you want to talk about. I am here for you people, eight hundred and eighty ten eighty and nine to nine to the text. My name is Marcus, so it'd be good to hear from you. I'm here on midnight gyms from twelve, Good evening, Roberts Marcus. Welcome, Marcus.
Speaker 3: How I a you?
Speaker 9: Well?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Good ro good rob good good, goody good good.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 17: Look, hey, I'm sorry. I don't know what you've been talking about prior to me coming on here with you. But this morning, taking my little bit of a school, she sat there and said why do I like to listen to ZM? And why do you like to listen to ZB? And I said, no, she don't know. She ZB She thinks of it as talkback. She goes on about it being you know, boring blah blah blah, et cetera, et cetera, and ZM is all full of you know, little poppy music hits that she wants to hear. And I said, I actually don't know. I remember as a kid, the old radio dog used to light up when you flip the switch, having z B ZM z whatever it might have been.
Speaker 5: Is there any history to that?
Speaker 2: Do you know history to what? Sorry?
Speaker 17: So you know how we refer to the station you're on as z B.
Speaker 2: Oh yep, yep, yep, yep. So the call side, yeah.
Speaker 17: And she likes ninety one M and she sort of said to me, what's what's the Z and the z B refer to?
Speaker 5: And why is the station the two?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, I understand it. No, I can't answer it either. So because I know in New Zealand that z B used to be one ZB and two ZB and three ZEDB and four ZEDB and five ZB was a train.
Speaker 18: So yeah, the.
Speaker 17: Zb's were references to frequencies or too because in her mind ZEDB is is old and boring, ver exciting and fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah it was, it says call signs to New Zealand.
Speaker 1: It was all x Y z.
Speaker 5: Okay okay.
Speaker 2: And I don't know any more about that, but look, I tell you in nineteen twenty four, New Zealand was granted the prefix z.
Speaker 17: Okay in nineteen twenty four. This is a reference back to the back to year old England or was it sort of moodit casting things?
Speaker 2: Rob, I'm going to say there'll be some old broadcaster that will know more, and I'll see if I can get them to tell us. Okay, I presume, I presume your daughters in bed, but Rob will find out. Thank you, evening, Richard Marcus.
Speaker 7: Welcome leaving, Marcus Marcus. Look, you're talking about these expandable homes, right, Yes, I've been looking around myself, but then I still pull on my back when I go. I'm quite happy where I am. But a friend of mine has a vacant site and he is looking for something to put on. And he's a few clunky New Zealand designs and wooden structures and so forth and sons. But what I found, probably around about twelve months ago, was a product called Volve theater capture houses.
Speaker 5: Have you heard of those?
Speaker 2: What's the word again?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 11: The O?
Speaker 5: L If the are the a.
Speaker 2: The Okay, yeah, I see yes.
Speaker 7: If the are the a capsule house New Zealand in China, that's right, if you go onto Google search, which you've obviously done right, Yes, Now, these houses are pretty upmarket.
Speaker 2: And they're quite architectural looking, aren't they.
Speaker 7: Yes, they are very much so. And they're totally transportable and they come completely finished. You can have them done to new Zellan specification for power, all those sorts of things, sewage connections, the works, and the prices seem to me to be very competitive. Now, the prices do bounce around a bit, as you can probably see on that website. The one that appeals to me would be the larger one binds about eleven point six meters or something right, and it's called a Capsule Hotel or somebody. I don't know, but it looks very nice. And when they're finished you can have them imported, carpeted bed and all the respects them, automatic curtains, conditioning, heat pump, the whole works, kitchen, bathroom, two bedrooms.
Speaker 5: Very nice.
Speaker 7: Now, I personally I saw them in the state. Maybe they three years ago in the state. Did you say America?
Speaker 2: Yes, copy and.
Speaker 7: It's an American company with obviously manufacturing out of China. But for me, they seemed to be a pretty good option for price wise, et cetera, et cetera. Finishing and they come complete. There's none of this business of getting it and then having to line it and shatter around yourself.
Speaker 9: So that's it.
Speaker 2: How much I presume you're looking at the vole further capsule house model E eight. How much is that to get land in New Zealand?
Speaker 7: I think you can lock and round terms. I think you'd say ten grand ten.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 2: See that seems cheap, doesn't it.
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 7: It is because they just think them on a Matthew trailer, think them.
Speaker 5: On a roll on roll.
Speaker 2: So is it the ten thousands for the shipping?
Speaker 7: The shipping?
Speaker 3: How much is it?
Speaker 2: How much is it to purchase one?
Speaker 7: Well, it's got it there somewhere. If you have a look at the prices, I thought you'd looked.
Speaker 2: I can't see the price bounce around.
Speaker 7: They do bounce around, and I would not entertain dealing with the manufacturer in China.
Speaker 5: I would go through.
Speaker 7: China. Is Zeeland, mate. They have a trade embassy here shall we say, which I have dealt with previously, and they're very good.
Speaker 2: Because I think there was someone on one of the local Facebook pages that brought someone to Southland and was trying to sell them. And I did see some look and I can't remember what the prices were. They shipped sort of in the end. I thought they looked quite expensive. I can't remember what the price was.
Speaker 7: Look, I don't know it would be best to get back to trade with China or whatever it is. The ferve things up. I certainly wouldn't go racing out paying directly.
Speaker 5: To the factory.
Speaker 7: But they look to me because a slight more upmarket than a container expandb home.
Speaker 2: Where did you see them in America? Were their own caravan part with parks or were they on.
Speaker 7: It was Florida, I thought, In fact, I've often it's all about getting one here, seeing what it looked like, and setting it up in a cooney on a vacant block.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I have access to here.
Speaker 2: With quite a few of them, with quite a few of them in Florida. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, it's it's been a company that's been around for a while.
Speaker 7: Oh yes, definitely. And as I said, they are manufacturing in China, but the company is us.
Speaker 2: Really appreciate that, Richard. Thank you for that rod of expandable homes. And about why the radio stations are called z B and z M. That's two things for you for this hour. People, six fourteen six Sydney over Canterbury. Greetings and welcome eight hundred and eighty ten eighty and nine nine to the text. You want to be part of it. Looking forward to your techxts. Marcus, what is folks problem? They are flat roof metal, no installation, They might man insulation. Please stop anyone buying them. We do not live in warm climates. You'd be worried about with expanding one with water getting in between the two different layers, Marcus. After we children left home, my parents and indittional students feed them Western foods, but also did stir fries. They always thought having a rice pudding was strange, Marcus. Z was the international prefix for New Zealand radio stations, like K for the US or C for Canada. That's right, so w KRP or kiss the b in ZB was assigned to particular stations in major cities. Ones he'd been Augland, two had been in threes, he'd been christ Which fours he'd been even and five z'd be was a train. Marcus just watched the Highlanders via the Hurricanes. Very good win for the Hurricanes. Waiting for the Warriors game against the Dolphins on a winning streak. Watch the Magic Round a few weeks back. Awesome, Lelloyd, Marcus. It would not be a physical switch, but a line or two of software that would terminate the program on receipt of a broadcast signal, possibly downcast from a satellite. Peter from an Thanks Peter, get in touch. Anything goes here. Tell twelve. My name is Marcus. Welcome. Expendable homes is the other topic. There's three, there's four, there's five, there's six, there's seven, there's eight, there's nine. There's as many topics as you want. But there's always butter. And people are hiding their butter. One person said they're having an open home and the real estate agent told them to hide their butter. I was always surprised with silly old Matthew perry Right and his addiction which I never quite could get a handle on what it was about. But he would go to open homes to raid the medicine cabinets. So I thought it was a strange thing to do, high end open homes. Yeah, probably should have said that, but it seems strange, didn't it. I mean, goodness for me, Good evening, Hayden, it's Marcus, Welcome.
Speaker 18: Are you going Marcus has a game?
Speaker 5: Mate?
Speaker 2: Good Hayden, Thank you.
Speaker 18: I I just thought i'd have a quick shout out to all the shift workers out there.
Speaker 2: To lot yeah, shout out to the shift workers.
Speaker 18: Ran out here in the middle of the night.
Speaker 2: But yeah, what are you doing, did you say, Hayden?
Speaker 18: Driving trains?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 18: Wow, yeah, drive a freight trains at the moment, So send up country?
Speaker 2: Whereabouts?
Speaker 5: Are you?
Speaker 18: Ah, just cruising through Huntball right now?
Speaker 2: But okay, sir Hayden, I hope, I hope you don't mind me asking you this, right, But there was a guy in South Auckland or that was that was He asked me in the middle of the week what was the longest train he's seen? He said there was one with one hundred and eighty nine We said carriages. I said, they're probably wagons. Yeah, what would what would be the limit to that?
Speaker 5: Was?
Speaker 2: They said there was a locomotive on the front of the back. Is there any limited all to that?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 18: Those such things as there that he can't have a hundred and something wagons on where.
Speaker 2: That's that's that's not a thing. That's just fantasy land.
Speaker 11: A yeah.
Speaker 18: Yeah, I'll say we average around maybe six hundred and seven hundred meters long, Okay, get bigger and smaller, you know, it's depending.
Speaker 2: On Yeah, but six and how many how many wagons? Would be on six hundred meters.
Speaker 18: Ah, maybe about thirty five.
Speaker 2: Okay, appreciate it. Okay, thanks Hayden, you're shouted with the night workers. Donald at Marcus Good Evening.
Speaker 8: Hi, do you possibly drive an suv as you know what I mean? I think so, yeah, like like you know, like a highland at that style of a vehicle, you know.
Speaker 2: I think mine's a Mitsubishi. I can't remember what my carrs.
Speaker 8: Yeah, like when you know, like like a highlander or a chief or something. Now, I just think people should be made aware there's a lot of these things around there's suddenly being withdrawn off the market. Brandon, and I think it's a pity of people.
Speaker 9: Might want to buy the or have one.
Speaker 3: I think, God, we can't.
Speaker 8: What are you saying, I'm saying no. What I have read and it's not that obvious is the Jeep Grand Cherokee is no longer to be made available in New Zealand. It is not going off the market because they don't want to make them and write.
Speaker 3: And drive anymore.
Speaker 8: And the Jeep Grand Cherokee has been quite a reasonably good seller in New Zealand for quite some years. The latest one is only petrol and people very few around because people like diesel. But suddenly it's no longer to be made available and write and drive markets including New Zealand, so it's quite it's quite been quite a good sell in the past, but the latest model is very slow sellers and it's suddenly been withdrawn off the market. So as people have bought jeeps will suddenly find they've an effect. They've got an orphan vehicle, which seems to happen with a lot of brands these days.
Speaker 2: Did you call it an orphan vehicle?
Speaker 8: Well, well, you know years ago goodbye a you know, a Forward Falcon, and suddenly being they're no longer made so you can't update it. You know, you have to go to something different. Lot of vehicles just suddenly go to production because they don't sell, or people gens change. The reason of Grand Cherokee is finishing is because they no longer want to make them right and drive, so they're hanging on to New Zealand.
Speaker 2: Hang on, Donald. There's a bit to unpick here. When you see an orphan vehicle, is that a term or you made that up?
Speaker 8: I make it up because basically, you get a brand a vehicle, it suddenly isod production.
Speaker 2: Okay, so the situation with the cars that won't be available right, they are cars that are from American manufacturers that left hand drive cars.
Speaker 9: Is that right in this case? Yes?
Speaker 8: But other prints of other brands are gone that were right hand driving. Me the whole Holden line went has to quit them. But this one, yes, it's made right. It is American. It's made right hand drive for Britain, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, ETCEPA. But they've decided to no longer make them in right hand drive, which is a great pity.
Speaker 12: Ah.
Speaker 2: I don't like them at all.
Speaker 8: The green chero Key, Well, my brother's on the second one and loves it, but he's been looking at new ones and then they're reducing them price, some of them. I suddenly read read that bang they're not selling them.
Speaker 4: He did fight in Australia.
Speaker 2: You want to buy one of those Chinese electric utes?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I was in the plaza and partners in a couple of days ago, and there was a j CO and there was a motor. They're quite well, they're not very big, but they're certainly different, shall we say.
Speaker 2: Nice to hear from your Donald thank you. Twenty nine away from twelve. Probably an outlandish I can't remember what car you drive. Bollocks. Literally, it's outside. I'll go and have a look if you can. If you can, it's just back from the panel beaters.
Speaker 7: I get it.
Speaker 2: It changed every three years. It hasn't got a the kids will know what it is. I might see if I could bring up a picture of it on the is it a listen, I'm not trying to be cute or humorous. I literally cannot remember. Rather than going outside, I'll see if I can find a picture on my cell phone. I mean, I'm not a car I'm not someone that gets excited by cars. I'm not a carist. But I've googled car and my photo things and I can't see it. So yeah, I really don't know. I'm not being cute with that. I'll tell you what the next break, I'll go and i'll find out. I'll find out now for you, O Cape, hold your horses, so to look at the car. It's a Nissan X Trail, so yeah, true story. And someone said it's a this and no wonder it needs repairs already. No, it's done. One hundred and ten thousand K's it must be three years old. It's never any repairs. It just needed some work at the panel beaters because someone drove into the side of it. So that's a situation with that. Yeah, I don't think it was a I think someone said, yeah, I've never really looked at the back of it to see what it was. Noel, it's Marcus Welk.
Speaker 19: Hey, Mike is there?
Speaker 16: You mean.
Speaker 2: The butter?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 19: Oh yeah, a year before I get a better year over the X Trail and this is the next true hybrid. Oh really yeah, A beautiful way, the beautiful truck.
Speaker 2: Wow, okay, you mine's not a hybrid.
Speaker 5: I wish it was.
Speaker 19: Yeah, yeah, beautiful, it's beautiful. And anyway, I'm butter. I'm not listening to you guys, I'm listening to Orange right.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 19: There was a story on There was a couple on the from New Zealand. They were making butter with V V Victor. Yes, I don't know how he started, but this had a pronounced but it's a vegetarian butter, and and that sounds really nice. I was picking say the other day, I couldn't find it. There's nothing one nothing in these. It must have been countdown or something. But yeah, butter with Vah Victor the Brazilian. This couple, the married couple from Brazili, from Brazil and they made it here. What's amaze from vinegar? Taking a cream? You can you can cook it a high heat higher and then like well you can't won't burn?
Speaker 5: Is it cheaper anyway?
Speaker 3: B U T T E R.
Speaker 19: But of course.
Speaker 2: Probably I'll probably they'll count down. Everyone don't stock it because I don't want anyone to convert it. Mm hm did you google?
Speaker 19: Because doesn't doesn't have the fat and the be fit doesn't have this is what doesn't boone another?
Speaker 9: There is one thing on micros hang on, hang on?
Speaker 2: Whereabouts do you live?
Speaker 5: I'm on which one?
Speaker 19: As are from the masters?
Speaker 2: And the reason I think I'm looking at the I'm looking at where it's for sale. You will New World Manga FI. That's that's a fair way away from you, isn't it.
Speaker 5: No, it's just across the yeah or New.
Speaker 2: World what's closer? New World audio or manga Phi or fine para. It seems to be many. The New World that seems to be all of them. I don't there's nothing. What's your closest New World or will with Yeah, that might be where that might be your best bet. So go there, I reckon you want to try it? Yeah, no, no, no worries for me. No, that's just one of the services we provide. They seem to be quite I'm just trying to think what the guy's front handlers they've got like as Yeah, they are Brazil you know. I saw a Feller's Feelers Whole Foods. I guess that's the guy's name. Yep, oh yeah, Alean Fonesca. Yes, so try that. Good on you, No, thank you. Twenty away from twelve. My name is Marcus. Welcome, oh eight hundred and eighty, I were coming alive, Marcus. You can always go to car jam and look at your make model there if you remember your Rigio that does. Have a good night, Marcus. A few years ago a woman came on talkback re butter. She mixed a pounder butter with something that turned into three pounds. Still good. Wish I could remember anyone remember what that is? The butter extender. Maybe if you mix one pound of butter with two pounds a buttery, they have three pounds. Why would you buy an electric four wheel drive? You can't drive through water or using a farm or off road vehicle country trips, but you couldn't have water under your bonnet anyway. But Darren, remember, I couldn't remember what I drive. It's actually a work car, so it's not really I'm not. We let the kids decide they had to go, and they took us for a test drive and they I think it was a Hey On Die and a Toyota and the kids like that. The kids like that the seats in the back were higher. Yeah, that's why we bought it. And I don't like it at all because it doesn't have a key that goes on a lock, so you're always clicking different things to try and open it. And then the kids come and get in the car. It's an annoying car. Please to see the back of it actually, but it's mechanically sound. It's never missed a trick, although I did lose my cell phone down the side of it. Down the you know how they go down the side of the seats and you can't, for love nor money, get it out.
Speaker 6: Boy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, butter, butter and cars. That's just the beginning. No one wants to talk about toxoplayers basis I think you're quite right to be freaked out by it. All those kids playing in sandboxes ooh hey, and foreign students have been billeted at your house and solar panels. Marcus Nissans are unreliable, expensive to run, and complete rubbish to drive. However, models like the later X Trail have a Sterling safety rating. I thank you for that, yeah, because I haven't got any other features that you died out on. I think they did say that your cup warms would keep your coffee warm, but who wants to keep the coffee warm? You just want to drink it. Thanks. Daryl Darrel's had to text twice because he spelled his name wrong the first time. Good on you, Darryl Darrel must be a bit of a car head.
Speaker 1: For more from Marcus Slash Nights, listen live to News Talks the b from eight pm weekdays, or follow the podcast on iHeartRadio.