Speaker 1: You're listening to a podcast from news Talk, said b. Follow this and our wide range of podcasts now on iHeartRadio and take it on the pad.
Speaker 2: Now we don't get in. It's a trick.
Speaker 3: It is out. The test is over. Goodness, smooth, beauty, it is out and here he goes.
Speaker 4: This delivery has a new uses.
Speaker 3: To bowl.
Speaker 1: On the front foot with Brian Waddell and Jeremy Cody powered by news Talk, said B at iHeart Radio.
Speaker 3: Hello, nice to have you on the front foot again. History repeats itself for the black Caps on the Subcompany thirty six years without a wound, then two in one week certainly becomes the latest spin thread against players who seemingly are reared from a young age on a diet of spin bowling. Our white Ferns match the black Caps if it were one day whining Adabad. Unfortunately they couldn't pull a victory off to win the series. And it appears beswell doesn't always work when backing on it, Bunsen Burner, Well, I've guaranteed a way for New Zealand to win the third Test match. Peter Holland and Jeremy Kenney with me. I've decided to pick India.
Speaker 2: What chances have they got now? Surely? I mean a cresting away.
Speaker 3: Could you imagine? And we can put the rugby scenario in here. If the All Blacks had lost twice to India, what would be going on here? The post mortems in this guy, you know, I mean the dark shroud would be all over New Zealand, wouldn't it.
Speaker 4: I read a comment from Robert Chalmer that they weren't going to do too much on post mortems. Maybe less said was the better. I don't know. I mean, where do you go with you? A few of them? I mean my impression about this series was this was a warm up for their upcoming series against Australia. I mean that's where their focus was.
Speaker 3: Well, I think the interesting comment I heard Jerry and we'll give them as Joe gary Stead's had some criticism, but the one comment that he made that I thought really covered well, we played better than them. And I think that's simply the case, isn't it?
Speaker 2: Absolutely? And I think the important the point that you make.
Speaker 5: There will be bemused people around New Zealand who follow cricket, won't they. Let's be honest about that. If you look beyond what happened on the field of plays. Then it's very difficult to explain rationally how and why.
Speaker 2: New Zealand did this.
Speaker 5: You appear into history and you see thirty six years and something or the other last win and a million years since playing in India and there's no series win.
Speaker 2: And how many series has it been at home since?
Speaker 5: Anybody has beaten them, even the well resourced teams, let alone New Zealand. You know, teams like yeah, just with money and large populations who have cricket and their culture, lots of players to choose from you you can recreate practices that are like Indian conditions and the best coaches and it goes on, doesn't it. You know, other Asian teams and there's not much there to really say New Zealand you're in with a series win, throwing their moderate recent results. There's no real rational answer. And yet once you start looking on the field of play, we have played better and we should embrace that. That doesn't mean it lasts, but it means for the last two games we've been the better side. I mean that first Test win Bengaluru, I thought, okay, we had a weaver of luck didn't we with the you know, having a bowl first and our can ditions and then we grabbed it. Bowlers did their job, we caught, we bought much better than we have recently, and you know, and we all know. The game just carried on and India played a bit better in the third innings, but then we came back with a second new ball and got the runs in the last innings.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 5: I don't know what you guys thought. I thought this was even a better win. It's the second Test.
Speaker 3: And done with spin, which is something unusual for New Zealand. Let's just talk about spin firstly. Well, Mitchell Senter may come across as mister coole laid back is an understatement, but he's realistic about the progress of his Test career and he seems to enjoy his best performance with the ball. Why wouldn't you.
Speaker 6: It's obviously pretty pleasing. Yeah, I guess Test career for me he has been I kind of in and out and you know, I guess to get these conditions over here and put in a I guess a shift like that is pretty pleasing. But I guess to to do it against India and I guess kind of beat them at their own game. I guess that was the most pleasing thing for for us in that second Test anyway. Yeah, I think like I think after the first Test, you know, we we thought, you know, it was obviously a massive achievement and we kind of had, you know, conditions that were I guess suited to us in that kind of first innings with the ball, and you know, I guess we made the most of it. And and then I guess coming here, we knew that it was going to be a different challenge altogether, you know, a classic kind of Indian track where it'd be slow and you know, take some turn later on and I guess to to do that and putting you know, a good shift over those three days. And you know, I guess the kind of way we went about it, especially with the bat, we kind of wanted to fire some shots at them and show that intent with the bat, and you know that kind of you know, put us in such a good position, especially if that first innings to so I guess to try to squeeze them and take wickets. So you know, I guess to do that against them. You know, you know what they kind of do to everyone else was the most pleasing thing.
Speaker 3: Can you put your finger on the reason for success?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I guess we had a lot of chats, you know, as a spin unit. You know, we felt India may have bowled a little bit quickly in their first innings, and I guess it was really skidding on and we tried to I think once we saw kind of Washington and Ashvin slow it up a touch kind of under that you know, ninety Klimeter mark. You know, it started to take some turns, so we kind of wanted to kind of make that our stock and kind of go either way from there. And I guess on a pitch where not necessarily doing anything different, but one will skin and one will spin, it just becomes an accuracy thing. And that's all we try to do is just be accurate. One hopefully spins and they nicke it or one skids and it hits them in the pad, And you know, I guess that's what the mode of the dismissal was throughout the whole test was either bold alb or nikops.
Speaker 3: Did the pitch preparation backfire on them?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think it's it's it's an interesting one because I think they have been so successful at doing that for a long period of time, and I think you know, we obviously as a spin unit, you know, back ourselves when it is spinning. But you know, you've got three world classmanners and their team that do very similar job as well.
Speaker 7: So I think we.
Speaker 6: Kind of knew that coming here that it might be you know, more traditional Indian wicket where you know, I guess they're trying to negate the bounce first of all from you know, our big seamers. So that's I think that's what's most pleasing about. I guess this one as we kind of beat them at their own game, you know, Bangalore, we kind of got the best of condition, especially at the start, and but then after that it was it was a grind. And then coming here, you know, we kind of outspun them and out kind of played them in their own conditions.
Speaker 3: Were you're expecting the kind of aggression they came with at the top of the order.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think it's still probably the best you know, attack on on on these wickets we knew, I think they knew, especially the new balls, probably the best time, you know, it's about especially like the seams were setting on even with the spin, it was more skiddy, and then when the ball gets still about that at fifteen twenty hour years old, it starts to take a bit more turns.
Speaker 7: I think they knew that if they.
Speaker 6: Could, you know, be aggressive and fire some shots, you know, put us on the back foot, maybe get some sweepers out less been around the bad and try you know, rotate from there. But I think we knew with you know, the score, we had it. You know, even if there was a partnership, it can change very quickly over here. And you know, I think it even showed, you know yesterday where you know, I think they're flying and then you kind of get one, you get two, and you can kind of start to squeeze again, and you know it might have been different if you know, it might have been only a two fifty kind of run lead.
Speaker 7: But yeah, pretty happy to have you know, through fifty to bowl it.
Speaker 3: How important has Rangana here? I've been to the bowling lineup.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's been, he's been, he's been outstanding. To be fair, you know, he's he's obviously done it for a long time and you know he's obviously a world class left uspinner. So I think, you know, you can get the likes of these guys coming in and helping him, you know, in similar conditions to what they've bowled their whole careers. And so, you know, rang And I was one of the best that you know, has kind of subtle changes of pace, but just landing it on the same spot time and time again, and that's you know, that's kind of the blueprint of what you need to do over here. I think in the past we've come here and just tried to bold fast into it, and you know, I think the other day there was there was times we kind of slowed up and then you know, go back to kind of buying fast. I think, you know, rang And has been he's been outstanding and just trying to keep it very simple for us. I know the guys have personally enjoyed him as well.
Speaker 3: Does he offer changes that you can make or is he just reinforcing what you do?
Speaker 6: I think he's you know, he's first of all, he kind of came in and just was kind of reinforcing. And I think you know, there's you know over here, I guess the subtle changes and field and you know, different angles on the crease, you know, just to trying to change kind of the batsman's approach. We speak about trying to get you know, mid creast to wide and kind of vary you know, the release points on on the crease and you know, just kind of having those in outfields where over here it's you know, it's massive. I think if you have every rue up, it's almost an easy shot to bail out and hit over the top. So it's kind of different catches in different spots with you know, a few men back, and you know he's he obviously did that for a long time in his career.
Speaker 3: It seems from watching you bowl that's something important to your style. The use of the crease and those changes and the changes of pace seem to have been significant in terms of we see the pace bowling on the screen. How effective have you found that in those conditions, the subtle changes that you talk about.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think.
Speaker 6: I think, I guess, depending on the bat in the surface, I think i'd intentionally try to slow it up a little bit to star for us, you know, because he's very good at sweeping and those kind of square shots. So I think, you know, taking the pace off and I think might have been a little bit greedy at times. Probably don't need a bowl seventy three seventy five, but it's probably you know, kind of between the eighty and kind of low a's to kind of high.
Speaker 7: Or maybe early nineties is probably the ideal.
Speaker 6: But I think, you know, depending on the surface, if it is kind of going all the time, you kind of all fast into it one or scared one will spin. But I think there's a period there, especially in our kind of first things, where when you went over the top more you actually got a lot more balance in it. It looked challenging to play the crossbat shot. So I think you know, we just we kind of speak about that as a as a unit. Is you know, what's probably the best ball on that surface and what's the ideal pace and try to go from there.
Speaker 3: You got the ball to rip a few times. Are you trying to turn the ball more, get ribs more ribs on the ball, or are you sticking with what you've had in the path and the you know, the tried and true that has been successful at.
Speaker 7: Times over here. It's kind of an interesting one.
Speaker 6: I think sometimes the more you put on it doesn't necessarily mean it the more it's going to spin. But you know, we think Obviously, the accuracy is such an important piece in this. I think we found that in Sri Lanka, where it was more the kind of angle of the seam was probably more important, you know, that kind of traditional forty five over the top. In Sri Lanka, I think it's more that kind of under kind of side spin where one might you know, hit the leather and skired and one might hit the corner of the seaman go. So that's what we kind of talked about here was obviously trying to put it in a good area with with revs on it, but trying to make sure that seems in a good position where it can kind of go and also scared.
Speaker 7: And as obviously as a better that's that's obviously a very.
Speaker 6: Challenging aspect if one spins and you kind of think they might spin, and then one will just shooting hit you in the pad. So it might look bad on TV, but it's probably the setup where the one spin and then you get hitting the pad.
Speaker 3: After that you played it on Katie before. Is there any expectation within the side that there's going to be some changes to the kind of pitch you're likely to face. Do you think that they'll be prepared to make adjustments because you've beating them in their conditions.
Speaker 6: As you said previously, Well, I think the original commns were to take the grass off of wan Ky as well before this game. But I still think, you know, that's probably the best best chance of still winning, and these conditions they're so good at that, you know, it makes the toss obviously quite important. But I think you usually wanky can get more balanced. It's kind of traditionally obviously red soil can go a little bit quicker and go a bit, you know, more of the bounce. So it might be more of that kind of New Zealand style bowling, kind of trying to get more balanced, more of the top, that kind of forty five degree scene. But I guess we'll wait and see you where another couple of days here and see what that pitch has got for us in a cold day's time.
Speaker 3: Was any one dismissal that gave you greater delight than any other?
Speaker 6: I guess it's always nice k cold out. Not The first thing was a bet full, but I think the second one was. I tried to kind of bowl on the seam and get a couple go away and then intentionally bowl across him to see if it would skid, and it kind of stayed down and gathered pace. That was that was quite pleasant. Yeah, I don't think he was happy with the umpire's call, but you know, obviously we were pretty happy because it was given out.
Speaker 7: But yeah, he's.
Speaker 6: We have good bans off the field as well, and you know, I know he's I've got him out a couple of times now and I think he's aware of that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no reason why he shouldn't celebrate a wicket of a very colie and remind him of that. But it was it was quite strange that, as he said, we beat them at their own game, playing on spin. Perhaps they should have just settled for an ordinary pitch without trying to doctor at four spin bowling, which has been their strength.
Speaker 4: After the the first innings of New Zealand of two fifty nine, you would think to yourself that the that India would have gone to themselves well to fifty nine. Yeah, that's okay. The ordinary formula would have been India goes out, gets four hundred, leaves us a chase of to one fifty to two hundred to get. We fall short and they knocked the runs off. That's that's the well trodden route, isn't it The time's past. What happened was Saudi bowls Rowi Shama with an absolute little gem of a ball, beautiful ball, and he seems to be revital like just while I'm at it in terms of his demeanor in the field, great last catch. He bowled a couple of absolute beautiful balls. He knocked over Sharma and then there were certain the bowling out coally with the most perplexing sort of shot from Colie which was a push sweep half volleys an ordinary course Colie shit has belted it through the covers. That to me just stuck in my mind. And then at that point you were under pressure.
Speaker 5: Well he was just in two minds. I mean it was semi a full toss, wasn't it. It was half full toss and half dipping. And the bat path came from gully. He looked at if he wanted to mow it to Mumbai, and then he changed his mind and then wanted to go straight. How can Kali go out to a first ball in a Test match without playing wanting to play it straight? To get himself even vaguely in what's happening that he's caught between scuffing the ground and leaving the air and getting bold. I don't know what you guys think, but personally in today's tests, so I think qualities like patience and seeing a bowler off in the heat. You know, there's value sometimes in that because there's a danger. Perhaps you know he can go longer and he's getting the ball to do something or other. But to see somebody off is out of the whole idea nowadays. It seems to be an absorbing pressure from a bowler is not okay, because what you've got to do is put the pressure back on the bowling team. But that means a higher level of risk. So the value of staying in is not quite seen as a virtue nowadays. And I think certainly, you know from India, we are seeing you know, lots of players committing naturally enough to twenty twenty and it comes at a cost. Really, I think, I mean, why has it happened? We probably we all know it's not the player's fault. Really, Cricket boards now aren't just a guardian of the game where you put your arms around cricket. It's not that they have now become businesses, so they compete with broadcasting rights, and they want money to pay, and they seek money to pay players and all sorts of other things. And the players now I think their test skills are diminished because of that, and they let letting the ball go. No, they don't like to do that too much. Bat and paired together not quite so good at it. The shape above the ball, hitting the ball, for one. It's all those kinds of things that are not quite there. Now they become less important, and you tuck them away in the spare room with your old furniture. And now batsmen trust attack more than they do their defense, more comfortable reverse sweeping than they are playing a forward defense.
Speaker 2: I don't blame the players.
Speaker 5: It's just part of this huge shift in the game, and it has a knock on effect.
Speaker 4: You make the point around Collie not waiting and not giving himself a chance to which in previous times that over his career he's done. I can trust that with Latham's really very important knock in the second innings, he was patient, but he also used the reverse sweep and he lapped the spinners, putting pressure back on the Indian spinners. But he seemed to use those shots in a much more considered way where the ball was pitching outside his leg stumped to reverse sweep it, so he took the letter the l w out of the way. I thought that was probably, apart from SATs wonderful innings, that was probably the most critical innings where he played got that eighty yard, but there was contributions all through and built partnerships of twenties and thirties to get the total up. That was just a fabulous knock and what Latham did was he did put the pressure back on Judaisha and co. That was a fabulous knock and that contrasted with what we saw from India which was quite the reverse.
Speaker 3: Really totally terminations that needs skill with the bat. The story about Mitchell Santner is an interesting one. Nice to hear him enjoying the success. But we wouldn't have picked him as a thirteen wicket man. We weren't picking him in the team before that Test match. And then he's just spun New Zealand of victory.
Speaker 4: Jerry.
Speaker 2: That's extraordinary, isn't it.
Speaker 5: It'll be known as Santler's Test and people will know immediately what you're talking about it's come so out of the blue, hasn't it. I mean, he's not really a regular in our red ball team. He is, he's certainly a mainstay in our white ball crew. He didn't play the last Test in Bengaluru. He played two Tests in Sri Lanka and got one for one hundred and ninety seven. But you know, it's just in the last five years he's only played seven Tests for New Zealand, so he doesn't play much. But he in six of his seven wickets in the first innings were either bold or LBW so I think we can say there quite comfortably. He attacked the stumps, that's the first thing. Second thing I think is he got some assistance from the pitch. Some were turning a bit more, some went straight on, some bounced a bit more, some just squatted and kept a bit low, didn't they. He was very consistent, very accurate, landing it not on just an area as players talk about in the right area. It was even less than that.
Speaker 2: A couple of tee towels.
Speaker 5: And he's very good at changes of pace from his one day cricket, so flight speed, and he's also a bit of an angle. He gets out wide to the right handers, and so he gets two angles, one coming in from outside your eye line, drags you across a bit into the stumps, and then gets it to turn and hold its line.
Speaker 2: And then other than.
Speaker 5: That he gets you know, variations of projectory. And I thought he also was chart starting to change the angle of the scene. That was really important too as well that the variety of amount of turn that you can get there. So all those things added up and he just he got more confidence. I think wicket after wicket, and I think he said that, And.
Speaker 4: When do you think is the last time he bowled twenty nine overs straight? I doubt they, but not even in his first class career, So that I mean that to me, it's a testament to to Mitchell said, now you've just got to take hats off, and you're right, Jerry, he did ball beautifully and then he did start moving the the the angle of the scene, which means that you know, I grips on the scene, it'll take more. But if it hits the open side, if you will, it can just drift on and which is probably the most dangerous ball that you bowl, because the one that keeps going with the arm. He was He had it all and as you say, if you missed, he hit and that was crucial. Whereas contrast, Ajas Patal unfortunately is not in the groove. He gives you four balls and hence wasn't bold as much. No, I thought Mitchell sat And was fantastic and then pretty well supported by Glenn Phillips who's seems to be growing into the role a bit. And both of them of course got very handy runs.
Speaker 3: Interesting, I asked Mitchell Santner about having rung on A here. Well, they've had seclaim Mushtak with them in the past. If we want our spin bowlers to be successful along with our seemers, perhaps we should have more spin bowling coaches with them. He says sentences that he's enjoyed discussing spin bowling with rung on A Here. We haven't done that in the past, have we. We've always used a seam bowling coach to be our spin bowling coach as well. It's a different art, isn't it.
Speaker 5: Rungin a Herath was a lovely flight bowl and changes of pace which kind of suits Satna's skills as well, doesn't it, Especially the changes of pace it makes sense wads to have someone of that, you know, having a history of doing those things that our players can listen to. I think must be a huge, huge assistance that they can go along and listen to what he's got to say in the comments about their bowling. I also think Moose is right about ajs Pttel not quite at his best. Just seems to be rolling the ball out.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 5: Whether that's I saw his legs strapped. His front legs are strapped quite a lot now. Whether that's a problem he can't get over that, I don't know, but certainly he's not getting the link.
Speaker 2: He hasn't got a stock ball, put it.
Speaker 5: That way, and he's bowling a little bit too full and not giving the natural variations from the pitch a chance.
Speaker 2: So it was very important from that point of view.
Speaker 3: How do you sustain it through the next Test match then, because as Mitchell Santa says, they're expecting the pitch to be shaved of grass and dry and there. But I mean, you can't do that if you're Indian now because they've they've lost the game against spinners, haven't they.
Speaker 4: What would you do it when you've got when you've got boomera in your team exactly. You know, it's a bit of a h scratching for me because I've got Boom, I've got some decent quicks that that are a justice potent on on on quick and seeming decks. They don't need to go that way, would be the point I would make. I did think the introduction of Washington Sundar is very interesting, not having played for three and a half years, since he contributed greatly in that Australia series, that Indie year one. Perhaps he's born in for that very reason. He might be going to Australia. But I know, I'm perplexed, why why they, why they why they would want to turn it into a track that's kind of turn square from from the first session. It's baffling to me because it hasn't worked in the last one.
Speaker 5: One KD and Mumbai is the is the venue and the ground that's a red clay pitch different from the last one at Puna which they talk about, and those are the two types of pitchures. They don't actually look black and red, but the way they behave is slightly different. There's more play in the last one from Pune that means it can absorb more moisture, although who knows how much water they put in that pitch. It normally turns much earlier, is one of the features of that and it keeps going. You find the red clay which New Zealand are about to confront in Mumbai. It takes a little longer and suit to break up or to spin, but then once it does, it starts to obviously turn. And then also the faster bowlers get a bit more bounced, So it's more like Bengaluru than Pune.
Speaker 3: What do you do if you're the England coach Jerry baseball doesn't seem to be working in Pakistan?
Speaker 4: No will it?
Speaker 2: It works work quite well in the first Test.
Speaker 5: Eight hundred, we don't normally see that, you know, Brooke getting three of them and Route getting sort of one and two thirds so or was it two in a bit?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Doing a bit you can't I don't think you can just dismiss. One of the beauties of Test cricket to me is that there are different conditions around the world and you have to adjust to it, and there are different ways of playing and being successful on.
Speaker 2: All of them. But you have to adjust.
Speaker 5: You can't just have one way to play and say, here is the universal answer. I understand what they're trying to do, but you cannot do that. You've got to make sense about the way you play and match up with the conditions. They are not prepared, as I was saying, to take single after single after single. They want fours, they want sixers, and I think that's a result of the amount of you know, of the twenty twenty format that we're getting, and so you can't score as quickly on those pictures wads, and so they've produced months and burners and they've found a couple of spinners who are doing the jobs.
Speaker 2: So you've got to take your time.
Speaker 5: You've got to adapt to what you're doing.
Speaker 2: You can't just push all that stuff from the past. How long have we been playing test cricket? Ages? Ages and certain.
Speaker 5: Rules apply, and if you want to forget all those and rewrite them all, there is a cost.
Speaker 2: Brian Waddell, Jeremy Cooney on the front foot.
Speaker 3: Well, credit to the black Caps for a remarkable when in the series in India. Not such a lot of credit after their lank and performance, but you know, they faced the adversity and they put the performance on board that has needed from them, and there's been adversity from the women's team as well. They fought through it too, Jerry. They won the T twenty World Cup. They've won one of two games ODO. I what a tough assignment to win a World Cup and then have to go and play three odii's in India over a space of seven or eight days. But they've certainly made dramatic progress, albeit through tough times.
Speaker 5: Look that twenty twenty World Cup win was was even more experience, you know, more extraordinary and unexpected now than the men beating India. Really, they were just so far away from looking a threat to other sides, but they got through that brilliantly. Certain players, it seems I don't know what you think. The team seems to me and I watched I'm afraid only the middle game against India, which was the one that the New Zealand women won. I just think they've straightened up their game of cricket. They're batting for fifty overs if it's an ODI game, or they're batting twenty overs if it's a twenty over match, which was not the way that they were approaching it earlier and by straightening the game up. I think they're using different areas of the field, down the ground, through the covers.
Speaker 2: Occasionally.
Speaker 5: They've always played the cut, and if you start driving well, you're going to get some more cuts because the bowler will shorten their length and they've still got the power in the leg side.
Speaker 2: They're taking more catches.
Speaker 5: They seem I mean, I don't know what you think was, but they seem to me to be just a stronger side and the better side and the harder team to beat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and some of the players that you might not have expected to deliver are starting to deliver. And Peter, I'm sure you have noticed the performances of the white Ferns, the likes of Georgia Plumber. She had a long time where you know, she got ten and that was her lot. Brook Halliday is now starting to get runs on a more consistent basis. They're not relying on baits, divine, et cetera. There was no cur in the last game because she came home injured. So they are spreading the net a little bit wider and asking some of the lesser experienced players to deliver. And I think that's coming good for them, isn't.
Speaker 4: It there would appear to be a greater level of belief and self belief, and perhaps it was that they played the two best teams for so long and then took a lot out of it. Yeah, contribution from Plumber Holiday Green gays. That's the encouraging bit because apart from in the second match, which is in one where both Bats and Divine got runs, they didn't in the other two. So these the younger Brotheragades so called, stepped up and that has to be heartening. And I think self belief is probably the most important bit. They can now know that they can foot it there with the with the best, and I think that aug as well. Frankly, so I know. I think they come home heads held high, no question. And again we might not have picked it at the start.
Speaker 3: No, yeah, clearly. See clearly it seems that Kiera is going to take over the captaincy and one hopes that she doesn't carry the important role of being captain batting bowling and too much pressure that can can pay a part in terms of a team performance.
Speaker 5: Jerry, Yeah, you don't want Amelia occur to be burdened, do you. There's been a bit of chat about baits and divine and to who who the grandma's they call them, don't they affectionately that they won't be playing too much longer. But you know the way they're they're they're they're getting their thirties and their forties. And if you're baits and batting up in the power play in the field at midwike atter quite a lot. She's doing the business and and so as divine divines still got the power and as you know, you might say, is but she's straightly she's changing her game game as well. She's still learning and to who who looks very keen, still doesn't she So but you add those other players that Moose has mentioned, I mean, I thought Rosemary Mayor you know, she's she come back into the game after after an injury.
Speaker 2: I mean, is he gaze seems.
Speaker 5: A little more down the order with the batting and you know, playing her variety of shots, you know, reverse sweeps and ramps and those kinds of things that she's she has a crack at. I think Parson and Jonas have played a part with the spinners to help ameliaccur. So it's not on her all on her shoulders there. So this is this is a new level confidence from the team. Let's hope they love it and that and it pushes them all forward together and that there are levels now of where we don't go belot beyond we do not go down there again. And and this is the new level we accept of standards. So that's great and it's wonderful to see them enjoying the game and at the same time playing better at improving.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all important things, and we will look forward to welcoming them home. I hope they get a welcome and a celebration from New Zealand Crickets. When New Zealand won the Test Championship Mace, they carried that round the country. No reason why the women shouldn't go round and exhibit what they have won and enjoy the period back at home rather than just the period of time they spent in India and in Dubai to provide them the memories. It looks like we're heading towards an interesting summer for our women's team as well, so that is something we can be excited about, as can be the final Test match in India and then the return home for the black Caps to play against the bas Ball champions. When they get here in a month or so. Peter Holland, thank you very much for joining us once again. Love to have your comments and look forward to having you join us again. I want you to get that camera on your laptop improved. It's a rather hazy, untidy look, although it's probably not a bad view because we can't see Cody, which is even better.
Speaker 4: What's very quickly?
Speaker 3: You're not going to ask me another You're not going to ask me another teaser? Are you?
Speaker 4: No? No?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: If I'm New Zealand cricket, isn't this one of the most interesting moments in recent times? The two two nil series went against India is making everyone sit up. Hopefully there's some commercial benefit that comes out of that and potential benefit. Maybe we get into your back here sooner than we would have otherwise thought, I don't know, throw it out there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, good points, and you would hope that there is commercial benefit for a side that has performed above and beyond. Jerry, you'll be looking for to the Test match some more late nights. We'll be able to discuss the series in a week's time after we've beaten India three mil.
Speaker 5: Oh, that would be even better. That might even bring some sunshine to Wellington Wads. I've been here for a couple of weeks now and uh it's been it's been pretty messy at times, either or by through wind that's not my own, that's from outside exterior and also.
Speaker 2: You know, also the rain.
Speaker 3: Thanks of your time, Jerry and mind when.
Speaker 2: Summer.
Speaker 1: For more from News Talks ed B listen live on air or online, and keep our shows with you wherever you go with our podcasts on IAR Radio.