Speaker 1: Live for the Export Beer Gardens Studio and brought to you by Export Ultra the Beer for Here. This is the Agenda Podcast for August the nineteenth.
Speaker 2: The Agenda Podcast, the home of Sporting nonsense and clap Trap, brought to you by Export a Vulture.
Speaker 1: Quick posture check because all episodes are now on YouTube, so we need to make other numbers postures are correct. Yeah, good man, we almost at double digits last week.
Speaker 3: Let's go.
Speaker 1: So we are coming for you, mister beasts. Yeah, I see the biggest What did he get canceled?
Speaker 3: Well, there's a lot going on with mister Beast at the moment I said, I don't want to unpack it. There's accusations of unsanctioned lotteries. Is a hasty anyway, let's not get into it.
Speaker 1: It's not unpacked mister beast anyway. Oh, it sounds like he's exposed. Then we could take him out. Yeah, yeah, we're coming for you, mister beast.
Speaker 3: He still seems to beginning about seventy five to one hundred and fifty million views on each poard, but there you go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but at one point, you know, he was getting ten yeah, and.
Speaker 3: So yeah, at one point yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: We're taking over this YouTube game, one viewer at a time, and if you want to be the eleventh go and check it out right now on YouTube. The Greatest New Zealander which started as one of the all time owned goals from the ACC because we started this bracket during the Olympics. Was you and I talking about who is the Greatest New Zealander of all time?
Speaker 3: Yeah? That's right, we did, didn't we.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And it was like, well, let's put it to the test, let's find out. And so we're still chewing our way through round one. Round one's almost done. Stacy Jones faced Simon Manoring on Friday. Oh wow, yeah, perfect time because the Warriors were playing. Stacy Jones smashed Simon Mannering.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I thought that would happen. Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 1: I think Stacy's just a bit more of like a club legend.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You don't really hear anything of Simon Minoring.
Speaker 3: Nah, it's just I mean, I mean, you see, we see Stacey every week, don't we.
Speaker 1: Yeah, rolling around rolling durriies and the coaches box.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And we'll get into the Warriors down the track as well. Jonah came up against Colin Meads on Saturday as well, that's got to be Jonah, right, it was Jonah by a mile, and I think primarily because there's more footage. Yeah, more of a global superstar. Yeah, I see there's going to be a documentary now out of about Jonah.
Speaker 3: We're talking about it the other day.
Speaker 1: I think that Rugby needs us more than anything they made that like Six Nations one, but.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, it doesn't and needs it. Although I mentioned like I don't want to go deeply, but there always seems to be family issues around any time Jonah's doing anything.
Speaker 1: Well, that's why the documentary hadn't come out because there was a whole kerfuffle about who owns what?
Speaker 3: Yeah, seems to do. It always seems to pop up, doesn't it.
Speaker 1: Well, I think, I think, and we did talk about it a Friday, But I feel like it's something to do with he lift his estate to his lawyer.
Speaker 3: Ah.
Speaker 1: But then his family's just like what the fuck? He's our Like, he's our family. You can't just decide what to do with his stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and look, I don't know all the details, so this is purely speculation. But imagine a lawyer would like legal stuff to keep rolling through.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's exactly what's going on.
Speaker 3: I think, so the state. But look, look, be interesting to see the percentage of the state that goes to legal fees.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, anyway, Look, let's not go down there.
Speaker 3: It's not walk into something I know absolutely nothing about.
Speaker 1: No, what I do now is Jonah Smash Colm Meads on Saturday, and then yesterday it was the motorsports matchup.
Speaker 3: This is a great one.
Speaker 1: Bruce McClaren taking on John Britton.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say McLaren's still around and out an air consciousness a bit more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I think yeah, because I don't. I can't remember the last time I saw a Britain bike. No, No, but I've seen mclarence.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've seen McLaren's every every day when I'm riding to work.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure Israel to Sonia drives on Yeah right, yeah, yeah, because there's that dealership, isn't there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a McLaren deal dealership just on Great North Road.
Speaker 1: My bus goes past that and it's right next to the Lamborghini dealership as well. And nothing makes you feel more povo than driving past the McLaren shop on the bus.
Speaker 3: Although I saw someone driving in a bright orange like road cone colored Lamborghini with the number plate Lambo and the weekend when I was driving back from the North Shore, and I thought, I think, I don't think there's a more humiliating setup than a bright orange Lamborghinni with Lambeau for the number plate. Like I said, a billionaere playing a practical joke on his son or his wife, Like I guess my head isn't in that space where I thought, you take away all the cool of your Lambeau with the bright orange noess and then having Lambau on it. Yeah, like you should be throwing away that it's a Lamborghini. Yes you want to be like you want to look like Batman going through the night.
Speaker 1: Look, you couldn't give a shit that it's a Lamberge.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, by putting a lamb on it, you give too much of a shit. Also, so you're equally big upping yourself but accidentally diminishing yourself at the same time. I went into a deep spiral trying to work out what the story was behind having a bright orange Lamborghinni with Lambeau as the number plate.
Speaker 1: It's it's desperate behavior. I wonder if that person rented that Lambeau.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean? Ah, God, I didn't think of that. It's probably a rental Lamborghini. Lamborghini, they probably don't own it. Yeah, of course, what's this same makes sense? If that's okay, then that's fine because it's just for fun.
Speaker 1: So the dealership's got it and that Lambeau on the thing because you know, when you're in Paris, and we were just in Paris recently, and they always try and get you to get into a Lamborghini and drive it, Like do you want to take this Lamborghini around the block. Yeah, it feels like a scam, but I can't figure out what the scam is. Yeah, so they crash into you when you get around the corner, and now all of a sudden they're on the hook for three quarters of a million dollars.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe that's right, Like, yeah, don't worry about that signing that they don't worry the insurance think okay, yeah, yeah, but if it costs that much to repair it out of you, is it the repair shop that's running the scam?
Speaker 1: Yeah, some sort of insurance slash repair shop situation. Yeah, that's all I remember of going to the Eiffel Tower. As you walk in there and there's the duds who are trying to sell you the little trinkets. Yeah, and they've all got there. They're out on a blanket. And then when the cops come past, they packed their blanket up and run. And then there's the guy who's trying to get you in the lambo. I was like, I know what his scam is. What's the lambo scam? What are you trying to do to me?
Speaker 3: We got scammed by a lambo scam. It was more like in competence, you know, when Jeremy Jeremy used to make those mikes minutes and we decided to shoot the titles the puppet pulling up in a Lamborghini. Yeah, so we thought it'd be cool. And then an in turn was putt in charge of renting the Lamborghini and came back and see it's five hundred bucks all right, someone was five hundred bucks. Okay, yeah, okay, And then the bill came in it was five thousand dollars for the Oh Jesus for the time, and I don't know, I like I felt for the in turn. It was a massive cock like a massive cock up. But I think that was the end of anything fun that you got to do for a year after that, because the five thousand dollar fun budget, it's just been throwing at this average gag or the puppet pulling up in a Lamborghini.
Speaker 1: He's gonna say, when I started, there was absolutely no budget. So I presume that's what's happened to you. You just came in just after that, because like, can I have fifty bucks at the fuck?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think one of actually Kate Britain had to buy that howk that's behind you with their own money.
Speaker 3: That controversial hawk. But it's like, you know the shoe bomber, the guy that put the shoe on the floor. You know, he did a bad thing, but the amount of damn and she did to people going forward still having to take their boots ruined it. In turn, with that Lambo, we meant that everyone's expenses expenditure was looked over. Yeah, you know, he the repercussions for that Lambo and Son it was still with us.
Speaker 1: I once wracked up about sixteen thousand dollars in fraudulent credit card charges on a company credit card, and that's why I'm now no longer allowed to have a company credit card at this place, at this vary establishment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you racked them up with someone knicked to your credit card number.
Speaker 1: Someone must have nicked that I had been used to book funnily enough flights for you and Jerry too. I want to say, did you guys go to Japan?
Speaker 3: I think we did at one point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, either Japan or Chicago. And I did buy flights for that, and somehow in that they got hold of it and then bought another sixteen thousand dollars worth of fraudulent flights, and so I sent it up. We've obviously got a finance department here at the company, and says I said, hey, I've been scanned. Here's my card, he's all of the email stuff that I have, blah blah blah. And they said, sweet, can you look into it that now you're the you're the finance department, you look into it. And they emailed me every day for like six months saying where did you get to it?
Speaker 3: On this?
Speaker 1: I was like, hey, once again, I'm not going to look into this. You're the finance department, you look into it. I'm a promos guy, I'll make dumb promos.
Speaker 3: I just said to remember that trip. So it was me and Jerry were heading up to Japan and then g Lane turned up, and then g Lane was staying in the same hotel as us. You don't think g Lane jumped on there and booked his own flights on the back of your credit card? Oh my god?
Speaker 1: Because why was he there? Why was he there? I remember this now?
Speaker 3: Why was he there for a radio Hedeki?
Speaker 1: I think Tian Yeah, I think it was an all work, no play, very important business trip to Japan. Then the next thing I see, you guys are dressed up. Is Mario Kartz riding around the streets of Tokyo and g Lane's there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we might need to reopen that investigation you never started. And I footed the bill.
Speaker 1: See if only I had to put the smallest bit of you know, effort into looking into that. So yeah, Brecel Clara as long short of all of that, he smashed John Britton yesterday on Sunday. Today's one I've already forgotten. I believe it's cricket. Gonna have a look on the old It's Bob.
Speaker 3: It's not cricket.
Speaker 1: It's bloody Billy T. James' Free Deack.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, the race Wark Jesus. That's an interesting one.
Speaker 1: It is Bility James.
Speaker 3: They can both sing. They both had successful music careers because he had.
Speaker 1: We ain't know like any we are. Yeah, I do feel like Billy T has had a better post career remembrance.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean. He died so young, He died so young. The John John Clark just died recently. Yeah, yeah, John Clark, who played fred Dak went to Australia and had a huge career playing a bunch of different things over in Australia. Yeah, so he hasn't considered Australian legend since then. Did you ever see his great stuff?
Speaker 4: He do?
Speaker 3: He do impersonations, but not put on like he do do anyone, but he just uses excess. I'd be like he'd be doing an like he'd walk into this interview show it's really funny and he sit down and he'd be Boris Johnson, but he'd go, yeah, so I reckon, I do remember this. Yeah, it's quite a clever, lazy option to not learn how to do the to not do the yeah in personation. But what was so brilliant?
Speaker 1: It's also in some ways like not lazy and more impressive to be able to be like, I've boiled down the esstance of this guy.
Speaker 3: It's not what he sounds like, it's what he says and that's what you do. But yeah, I think I think you're right. And you've got the Billy T. James Award that's still floating around for comedians and the.
Speaker 1: Towel he's very like memorable. People dress up as him. Yeah, so yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if he took that out. But you can go and have your vote on Instagram or on Facebook, have your say we are I think tomorrow's the last of the first round and then we're into the second round.
Speaker 3: That's when it really heats up.
Speaker 1: But a Cricket News Heath Area four tiers series been confirmed between the black Caps in Australia, with the venues lockdown for the twenty six twenty seven summers and not this summer coming but the one after, right, So is.
Speaker 3: It is it a series or so it's a series and is it here or there? It is over there?
Speaker 1: So they announced their future schedule yesterday, confirming Perth, Adelaide, Melbourne and Sydney will host the black Caps. It's the first time since we played in twenty nineteen.
Speaker 3: Was it the Boxing Day? Yeah, situation, but hang them and it is it going to be? Is that Melbourne one? The Boxing Day Test?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Oh wow, yeah, so there will be one.
Speaker 1: New Zealand's last four match series was a two to one victory over England in nineteen ninety nine. Yeah. The mcg WI hosts the traditional Boxing Day Test with us. Last time we played that in twenty nineteen. So when Jordy Barrett got kicked out of the grounds for making a cup snow, that's right. Yeah, I was over there and then it was it had been thirty two years since we'd played one before then, yeah, and we I went over there with a bunch of kiwis.
Speaker 3: We were cocker the hoop. We thought we might have them and we were excited and then lovely Trenty got that wicket in the first over and we were like yes, and we were taunting all the Australians around us. And then slowly because you're sitting in the same seats, and then look the same Australians nearby, and then slowly that day they started turning on day two, they were really coming us. Day three, Yeah, I had to abandon Shep and go to a bar nearby to watch because it was the Australians. You're getting get absolutely heckled by a seventy year old Australian woman who's just wrapping the keywis to pieces. Yea handling our stupid hats. You're stoping on the goon. Yeah, your captain an't so so clever now are they? I know it's on time, captain.
Speaker 1: That was one of those test matches where, like you say, Trent Bolt came out and he was like hooping it around straight off the bat and we're like awesome, and then it dawns on your way. Are they going to be able to do this too? Yeah when they come out, Yeah, that's exactly what happened.
Speaker 3: And Cowboy Blundale got one hundred. But apart from that, it was pretty slim pickings. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I love the Boxing day test. It's good that it's going to be coming back, but it's also weird that, like when we announced our summer, like this summer coming up, had the you know, the media event and blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: It was a lot made of it.
Speaker 1: This was just like Ozzie released their schedule for twenty six twenty seven and was like, oh yeah, we'll play New Zealand. It wasn't much fan fear about today.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Right, that just shows what I was just I was just saying, I saw twenty six twenty seven. I was going, while we're talking about something that far away, and I go, oh, right, because next year is twenty twenty five, isn't it twenty twenty six? Though, these years that looks so incredibly futuristic are actually just around the corner. I know, as far as I'm concerned, it's still twenty nineteen. It feels for me it's but still about nineteen ninety seven. But yeah, yeah, I get what you're saying. I have it.
Speaker 1: I have a theory that the world actually ended when COVID happened, and that this is sort of just bullshit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, we've been to this before, and then I go to the Maverick thing, but yeah, yeah, yeah, yes, yeah, I get it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now it does feel a little bit like that. So, yeah, they're going to be playing that, but it's a long way down the track. We've still got our own summer cricket to get through. Yet we're going to take quick break when we come back. We've got a plethora of sports to get through, the Warriors, the All Blacks, and the UFCS.
Speaker 3: We'll be right back.
Speaker 1: On Saturday night, Matt Heath, You and I commentated the All Blacks, but before we did, we both got a heavy, heavy gupful of corma.
Speaker 3: Didn't Oh my god, it was bubbling up all the way through. It's interesting because I don't think I've ever tried to broadcast after that much Indian No, and I don't think I will again.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 1: I went to a place around the corner called Ravi's not an ad, but they on a section of their menu it's had Ravi's Secrets. Yeah right, I've got to go Ravi's Secrets.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I got to check it out, and one of them was called a googlely corma. I've never heard of a googly corma. Google let the delivery, that's what I presume, the gurglely korma. Because on the wall of this restaurant they've got like cricketing legends.
Speaker 3: Very accurately drawn. Except for the New Zealand you can't work out. And I've actually every time I've been to there rest and I've asked, who is that? Oh, I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's kind of looks like it actually looks like Alexander Usak the boxer, right Hadley in there. Yeah, there's a bit of Bears in there.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: H Anyway, it's the Bears era uniform on the guy and it just says New Zealand cricket legend.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well the problem is that you went for that the googly corma. Yeah. But I independently because I was having dinner with my kids at home and ordered and I think tipping from just up there on New North Road, and so independently were both absolutely because one of us we could have got through if one of us it was suffering the effects of over over consumption of Indian food. But both of us were terribly on the back foot, and there was a lot belching up and bubbling through and a lot of anxiety around how close we were to the bathrooms.
Speaker 1: So if you were listening and there were periods of silence, it was both of us trying to burp off Mike because there was about, you know, two point five letters of corner sit in an our collective gut.
Speaker 3: I understand why, Like fizzy drink makes you bit. I'm not sure where Indian food makes you bit, but it really does. It bubbles up in.
Speaker 1: There not I but yours had a good little bubble up as well on the way in because you had a bike from home, Yeah, to get into the studio.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I live beside eden Park, so I to get out of the eden Park area, which is like basically running the cordons of a country that's been taken over by a fascist hunter. You went through the DMZ, Yeah, I did. And I was riding my bike and people waving get off your bike, and I'm not getting off my bike. What does it matter I get off a bike. No one's here yet, you know, the crowd isn't hit over zealous. So many road cones, so weird that I ended up in my undies. Yeah here, I just had to take my pants off. We went to the bathroom because it's late at night. I figured no one's going to be working still, but walking two guys on the toilet and I'm in my undies and they're like, is this is this? Isn't insane? Man that's come up the street. There's a lot going on. Yeah, and I think we put together a decent common tre ntil the end when we we really wanted it to finish. Yeah, one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: It was nineties night as well, because it was not since nineteen ninety four had the All Blecks lost that Eden Park. So we were asking what you wanted to bring back from the nineties. My favorite was smacking your kids. It was very popular. It was very popular on the fix machine. I've forgotten about that. Smoking inside bars, bar prices like pub prices. Is this I who was hearing stories about bloody dollar shots and two our.
Speaker 3: Beers and it sounds like we should just bring me in the nineties. I don't know if you can, though. Yeah, that's the problem. I think.
Speaker 1: So in the end, it was forty two to ten when the game actually and like you said, the first half thirty five points I think to three.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was an.
Speaker 1: Absolute massacre at the start. Why why was it so much different than the game the week before?
Speaker 3: I can't work it out. And we talk about it a little bits. There's something special about Eden Park. Is it something about how we schedule the games? But Eden Park just seems to have that effect on the All Blacks when they suddenly stand up. But I mean it was you couldn't you couldn't have had two different games. No, And you know, I thought, I hate the term, but if what felt like All Blacks were quite clinical? Yeah, I think they just they were just they just got all their systems were in place, everything was working. And the Agi Badgies looked a bit shell shocked after that. They were like, we might be in here and they're like, oh no, it's the All Blacks have turned up. I don't know who we were playing last week. Yeah, but the All Blacks have turned up this week, and that's never good when the All Blocks turned up.
Speaker 1: And they I feel like, for me, the biggest difference was something that like it's one of these things where you think it's too simple, that it can't be the explanation for a professional rugby team, where you know that what's been holding the All Blacks back these last few years is the rushing defense has just been stifling us. Can't just attack from anywhere, and whenever, like an armchair critic sits there and looks at it, they just go, I'll chip over the top then if that's what they're gonna do, And then people go wow, it's actually not that simple because of this and that. Blah blah blah. That's exactly what we did on Saturday night. We just chipped over the top. We fucking wasted them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because then you've got these big forwards that have to turn round. Yeah, and you've got you and then we've got our pace. You know, we've got it. We've got all the pace coming through. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And it's like it's just looked like one of those cases I don't overthink it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I guess it's one of those things we go, wow, it's a bit risky because it bounce up whatever whatever, but you know, chance you're on a few times and it starts to pay off. Yeah, that's right. And then suddenly the rush defense doesn't seem like it's such a good idea because you've rushed up the balls over you. Now you're running backwards. Yeah.
Speaker 1: We were saying at the end of that game, we wanted to bring the cheese at corners coming back here. We wanted to bring the mercy rule in because for the last ten minutes of that game they couldn't win. Yeah, and it took half an hour, yeah to get through that last team.
Speaker 3: Well, it was over and then we were like, okay, well it's finally over. And then I know we're coming back on for a penalty. I mean, who wanted that? I mean, you know, League sorted a lot of things out, but just finish on the hooter. Yeah, although there have been some of those great games where you have that footage at the end of your team really needs to win and then you love it, you know, like if your team's behind and they've got the ball. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So the next game four, the all Ax is going to be in two weeks time. So they're now head off to South Africa where they play South Africa back to back over there.
Speaker 3: That's going to be tough Gallis Park and in Cape Town. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Have you ever been to South Africa?
Speaker 3: I have not been to South Africa neither. I would love to watch a game of rugby at Ellis Park. I mean, I'm a bit scared of Joe Burg.
Speaker 1: I'm terrified of Joeburg and it might because of most of.
Speaker 3: What I know from Joe Berg is from that movie District eleven, District nine, District nine. Sorry, I'm mixing up my Anger games with my District nine through.
Speaker 1: Because Vonder movie and the Braunze. Yeah, yeah, well, and most of what I know about Johannesburg is from people who have moved to New Zealand from joe Burg, and they carry with them some of the most horrific stories you've ever heard.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've heard some fricking terrible stories. So if I could get to the ground without getting carjack, I'm all in.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I heard one of a guy that I used to work with, and he had bars over his windows and he woke up to this like screeching noises. What the hell opened the curtains and these dudes had a carjack between the bars of his windows and were like cranking the carjack and spreading the bars apart. Jesus Christ like that. And that was the second scariest story he had. The first that he had what were called baboon spiders. I don't know if that's there. I don't know if Edinburgh calls them that, but that's what he was calling them. Lived in this tree outside and he went and rented a flame thrower, which apparently you can do in Johannesburg, to torch the fucking baboon spiders. And he said these flaming spiders were falling out of the tree on him, Jesus Christ. So yeah, but I have heard that Johannesburg is a great place. Oh not Johannesburg, but South Africa is a great place to tour. Obviously he can do the Safari situation. There are some beautiful parts of the country. beeB was telling me, if you get the chance, go over there because it's awesome. Oh yeah, cool, But we won't be going this time. We will be commentating that one. Do you think we'll win?
Speaker 3: I don't know. Yeah, it's a funny thing with South Africa. They're so you know, you've got Kistuplas coming out with two spring Boks either side of them. I feel like there's a there's a spring in the spring Bok fandom step after winning you know that that that Rugby World Cup, which means that technically, depending on how you do it. They're claiming they're the greatest team of all time because they've won more World Cups than us. You know, well for now they are. Yeah, yeah, so there is that, and you know, just the way they're playing the game, and you know, I mean they've been beaten Australia twice, but the Australia kind of came back, I mean, what does that even mean? So I don't know. I'm quite terrified of playing them over there. So yeah, I mean they'll do whatever it takes to win. But also they're quite willing to lose to the All Blacks as long as they win when it comes to World Cup time. So yeah, so you know, who knows, But Raiser doesn't need to be getting into a win lose when lose situation. It's extreme. Although do you want this is what I was thinking about, And I actually asked Goldie about this the other day when he was on our show, and I was saying, don't we want to do that thing where we get as many caps on young players as we can so by the time we get to the World Cup they're experienced in as many situations as they can, rather than you know, trying to trying to try to win, just trying to win for the good. And he was like, nah, but coming through it's you've got to be part of a winning team. So his thing was you're trying people out and you start becoming a part of a losing team and then it doesn't actually really help those guys losing breeds more losing, Yeah, bloeding in his opinion, and he knows more than I do that that breeding loses. It's not like, you know, like we don't have you know, like a franchise. Well in the States, Well, you know, they'll tank, they'll tank, they'll have a rebuilding phase. All Blacks aren't allowed that. No, No, definitely.
Speaker 1: And one that's the other part of it is also Razor doesn't want to lose any games. Yeah, So like, yeah, if you're a selector or you one of the higher ups, you probably look at it and be like, yeah, we need to build for the future. But Ray's is going to be like, fuck that, I need to win right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And he's talked about that when he was coaching the Crusaders, So he hated being told from the All Blacks, how you need to rest this guy. He's like, I've got a game to win tomorrow. Yeah, So I don't. Yeah, I don't think they'll try and blood too many new players. Yeah, but that's for the Fiji in San Diego games. Yeah, that kind of thing. Ye, you mentioned Duplessi he beat our boy is he yesterday afternoon? It was heartbreaking to watch.
Speaker 3: It was actually and I was actually I was like, I see it, I see it. I see his I think at a same he's got this because he was. He was getting some good strikes and stuff, but it's only a matter of duple get too close and he gets you. Yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: I was saying this morning on the Matt and Jerry Show available We're all good radio shows, sold that it was like a boss fight in a video game, where as he had the boss down to the last little bit. Yeah, and one more attack would have finished him off. So he threw the game plan out the window, and then he got caught. Yeah, he got his neck crying.
Speaker 3: You don't run around avoiding anything until one of his eyes starts flashing. Yeah, and then you shoot at that.
Speaker 1: Go go, go, go, start button mashing, and then then stop. You just go back to avoiding all the things that are coming your way after that.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It was his fifth loss, and they've all gone the exact same way. He was winning the fight right up until he lost it.
Speaker 3: Yeah. It's heartbreaking to watch, yeah, because like he's so good, it's not like the way he fights. I find particularly probably because I care more, but where you just I don't care if he wins boring by just standing back and kicking, kicking dude in the shins over and over again until the guy can't take it anymore. I don't mind that. Yeah, but that's not the way the UFC works. You know, you gotta go, you gotta impressed. Yeah, you've got to be exciting, you do.
Speaker 1: But also that's you know, that's what he wants. He wants the highlight knockout. Yeah, kicking in the teeth and then he's out. Yeah, but two out of three Kai Kutter France, he won first round knockout. I think he's got thirteen of them now, which is outrageous. Dan Hooker had one of the bloodiest batteries. Man, he got sucked up for a dude that won.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, I saw a slow mo who just takes one totally in the face. It didn't even look. It doesn't look. He just counters and I so, well, okay, the guy's going, okay, so I've punched you in the face, and you're going to hold the stair and then punch me in the face. Yeah, it seems like cheating.
Speaker 1: It ruins the game plan because his opponent would have been like, if I throw this punch he's going to have to dodge this way and then I can do this. It's like, what if he just stands here and takes it now, Yeah, your game plans out the window if we're to do by the name of mateous gam rot, which sounded like something your nan might get, like she's got terrible game.
Speaker 3: Rock's got gamero.
Speaker 1: You go around and see that he's got gamera a moment, but yeah, and the highlight of the evening was when he turned to his corner and said, I love this ship always. I love this ship, blood passing out of his face. Yeah, what a psycho. And you know people have I see all these stories when after the UFC cards saying you know it's too many hidden Oh bas bad for the sport.
Speaker 3: How long are they going to allow this to go?
Speaker 1: And it's like, if the UFC didn't exist, Dan Hooker will be working down at your local supermarket, you know what I mean, be grateful that the UFC that he is an outlet for you, Yeah, because he's like that. Yeah, so if he doesn't have an outlet for it, yeah, you know he's he's going to be fighting somewhere, so we might as well give him a pat of cage to do it. Yeah, God bless him. Two out of three and I think again. Jerry asked me this morning on the Matt Jerry Show available we're all good radio shows are sold. What's next for is he? And I think this is how I think it's gonna work. Strickland already has the right for the title fight next, so that'll be Strickland versus Duplice.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: I think the loser of that faces is he and I think it's Strickland, which is a good storyline because he was the last dude to beat he is. He beats Strickland, then he gets his rematch worth Duplice for the title.
Speaker 3: I think he wins that wins the title retire. Yeah, I mean that is the narrative, that's the arc that I mean. That would be so freaking good. That's what I want. Yeah, that's what that That's what I want, And that's what the story wants. Yes, from our perspective, Yeah, that's right. But yees, so it's lined up for that, it is. Yeah, and that's that's why he lost the fight. Why Well, he was saying, I feel that he's a big believer in destiny. Yeah, and he's going, I've had these losses before and there's always a reason for them. And I've had these things happened in my life and there's a reason, and so that reason will become apparent. Yeah, and so let's hope the reason comes apparent because it was a bitter sort of roadman, it was a bit of it was a bit of story arc into retirement.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one hundred percent. Speaking of story arcs into retirement. That's a segue for young broadcasters at home.
Speaker 3: S J farewell to it.
Speaker 1: It's well, it began on Friday. Yeah, the Warriors got humped in the end.
Speaker 3: It was a tough one.
Speaker 1: He did score though, which is good.
Speaker 3: Yep. You've got to see the big smile across the across the touch line. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And now that we statistically, mathematically as logically can't make the top eight anymore, it is entirely just the Shawn Johnson farewell too.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it starts this Friday against the Bulldogs at home. It's the last time he'll ever play at Mount Smart.
Speaker 3: It's going to be beautiful. You'll be heading along with you up, hitting along. The thing is actually mash. He bought tickets like right at the start of the season, he targeted that this game. Really but yeah, the thing is, it's got to speaking of stories, come on, come on, Yeah, we've got like a big one at home Bulldogs. I mean, I mean the ultimate retirement story is obviously winning the Grand Final for the first time. Yeah, ultimately, but come on, just give us a little bit of that. Give us a beautiful night out at Gohrd Stadium. Yeah, at least if we can beat them, yeah, the Bulldogs. If Sean Johnson scores, the place will go blistered. Yeah. And you can't sell it out anymore than it's sold out. No, but everyone there is going to be a goot of good wall Unlike those manly assholes that were booing, I don't know why they were doing. What's the problem with he's out.
Speaker 1: The only way I could conceivably skin it, in my mind is that booing that he's retiring, that they want to see him continue.
Speaker 3: You need to you need to hold of a sign when you're saying that, yeahoo, this is a positive booth.
Speaker 2: This is.
Speaker 3: So yeah.
Speaker 1: That is this Friday against the Bulldogs. I just if he scores, I'm looking forward to that more than anything. Save them off for five minutes left to go overrun can applaud him, you know, stop the game down, celebrate Shawn Johnson and then right off into the sunset game and then next year's are you give them a taste of keew we one more quick break, We'll come back a little bit of yours please.
Speaker 2: Yours please, brought you by Leader home of the.
Speaker 1: Just the three of them to get through so far today Heath first call it yours please?
Speaker 4: You can fellows, just talking about the boxing Olympics. Why is it not going to be in the Olympics next time? It's strange it is the boxing just kind of like WWWE with the SmackDown versus raw, IBF, FIRS WBF, Mattroom versus showroom or whatever the other one. There's days and there's just a whole bunch of different federations and it's all about who's fuckus s Dick Swaying in the biggest anyway.
Speaker 3: But the rock all right, I think essentially with them. So I don't know the boxing was out of the next Olympics. Well, it hasn't been confirmed, right, I Mean. The biggest problem with why boxing has to be amateur at the Olympics is because it takes about two years to convince anyone to fight anyone when they're at the top of their game.
Speaker 1: Because ah, that's a good point.
Speaker 3: I mean, like the reason why the UFC is so successful at the moment because you just you know, the fights just have to happen. Yeah, but boxing is a sport where people want to want to compete in it less than any other sport in the world. You know, my sports a weekend, week out, you know what's happening. Boxing is like no, protect the yeah, protect the O, protect the payday. Don't fight anyone that is below you but has a chance of you know, tagging you. Yeah, you know, there's there's so much politics, there's so much money in the big in the big fights. So if any support you just want, like it would take eight.
Speaker 1: Years to organize professional that's the Olympics because no one wants to lose. So we see dudes who are twenty eight and er.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's still fighting bums trying to make it worthwhile one day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that's why they wouldn't want to do that. So Cayson Fury doesn't want to get sparked out by some no name and.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's some amateur that's coming through that hasn't paid, has incredibly corrupt jews to get to get up through the track to fight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is a great point. I mean there's also the w B O, I B F as well as like who whose Olympics is it?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, folded into the UFC. Yeah, I mean they've got a huge problem with the UFC popping up and just so often fights that feel like the most important thing that's happened. You know, it's like suddenly it comes around, you know, it's three or five, and you're like, oh my god, that's so important, and you're talking about I've got to go to the pub. Yeah, your girlfriend's going. You were just saying that was the most important thing ever, like.
Speaker 1: Two weeks ago, weeks ago, it was, it was, it was, and now is this Yeah, yeah, it's I love that UFC and MMA just destroyed any bullshit like martial arts. Yeah, anyone that was doing tay chi or tibo or any of that kind of stuff and then they just got punch right in the snout that Oh yeah. I've also got a theory Judo champion, Yeah, gets kicked in the teeth. I've also got a theory of how you know how sometimes it can get really boring when they're like cuddling up against the cage on the ground and you've always got that one made who understands a little bit about grappling, and they're like, no, well, what he's doing here? It needs to get the underhooks in the fucking blah blah blah. What if it's boring, I feel like I know how to fix it, and it would be one rule change, and it's allow headbuts, because if you're lying all over me and I just fucking yeah, give you the old Boston kiss. Yeah, you can't lie all over me anymore. Yeah, I reckon the head butt had fixed the boring part of.
Speaker 3: You know, all revolves out of when everything was okay, you know initially just you know, there wasn't there wasn't a length of amount of rounds. It was just till someone was done. Yeah, you know, and there was even at one point we're allowing groin shots yep. So it wouldn't be the end of the world. I mean, like you just go back a little nod back to the past.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the early days of MMA of us, so we're ridiculous you'd have a dude in like wrestling boots, fighting someone.
Speaker 3: In a gee.
Speaker 1: There was one guy in the early days who would have one boxing glove and one mma glove. There's just all sorts of random shit going on back in the day. And eventually they were like, what parts of this are too ridiculous? What parts are too violent? And then they boiled it down to what we've got today.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but head bats was one that went and groin shots headbuds. I don't think there was ever allowed.
Speaker 1: Eye gouging was never allowed.
Speaker 3: I think there was gouging was allowed us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I had to submission by written a detachment.
Speaker 3: Call it here. Your suppose he likes stay from the journey, A lot of the stuffle?
Speaker 5: How you love the hontory you?
Speaker 3: I watched watch the commentary with them, and she didn't know what the fucking.
Speaker 2: Who is sucking idiots?
Speaker 5: Who is who is stupid? Cool?
Speaker 3: I say, you know it's a stupid I was married to.
Speaker 2: Get it.
Speaker 3: I think I think you'll both be right. I think you can enjoy it. I think she's got some good points.
Speaker 1: I think a lot of stuff, I think a lot of stuff that we enjoy is absolutely ridiculous and I've always said that the biggest defense the essay is like, yeah, this is stupid when people commenting just comment out the game that exists.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well that's the thing. There's other options.
Speaker 1: Well, we even talked about it in the when the last five minutes of that game took half an hour to get through. Yeah, we're like, how the fucking nisbe marsh, You're getting.
Speaker 2: On with it.
Speaker 3: At least at least we're playing the talking about freckle. We've got the Friends theme playing. We've got a lot, We've got a lot to deal with. You were in a head dress at one point.
Speaker 1: It's like we had of it going on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like, it's hard to defend when I was wearing like a huge what do you call that? It's sort of a like a Mardi Gras Mardi Gras feather bower type headgear, and someone's looking at that that comes up on the screen and go this is stupid. It's like, well, yeah, yeah, it's so stupid.
Speaker 1: So some of the dumbest shit ever I find it.
Speaker 3: But it's true. You're right, you're not you're not saying something that's not true. No, that's right. It is ridiculous. This is correct.
Speaker 1: That it is stupid, but if you enjoy it, then keep listening.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well, I mean there was the week before we me and glam were doing the game, and we've talked about it this how due to some kind of complexities with the Olympics, we ended up being the main commentary for a lot of clubs and corporate boxes and pubs and stuff. And then I can kind of see the anger because they have chosen to watch the mainstream missionary musician coverage and we were letting off the most annoying alarms sound never.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, and subsequently lanes away this week. Yeah, do your own research on that.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And then I'm going if you don't like it, piss off to the other channels, like we can't, we can't, you know, I.
Speaker 1: Don't know where the other channel. How it works, it's fifteen Olympic channels. Yeah, and we're gonna we're just watching South Africa Australia and it was normal Rugby. Now you muppets are on. I can kind of get that complaint. Yeah, so I agree with both of those people. One last call here, call of yours.
Speaker 5: Plase Mooning Fellas Ben long Johnson from Coastal Otago here. Hey, you just wondering what it'd kill sky who was broadcast in the Union or the league just to put the teams one lost record underneath your names. They do it in the NFL, and it's great to get you You on, tool Poppy on and support the underdog any who, anyone north of the way tech.
Speaker 3: I reckon.
Speaker 1: That's ninety nine percent of the country's It's yeah, that's an aggressive agreesive call there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a lot of things we don't do that that. Yeah, that just seem like basics.
Speaker 1: I find myself getting caught out when I'm commentating Super Rugby because we'll be commentating a game between like the Crusaders and the Drawer, and then you were like the Drawer not doing too well this this year, and then Beauty the fourth on the table. Yeah, something like that, like, hey, help us out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we do no research for this. Yeah that that that is a stat that that how many and oh yeah you're you know whatever you are is a hugely important thing. I guess though, so that it doesn't doesn't mean much in Super Ugby at the table yeah, because that gets pretty confusing. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then also like so if it's the Rugby Championship what we want to know?
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh and one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I still think that's a good stat to have the Yeah, I do too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I mean it does make a difference to Super rag when SA it doesn't make a difference to the table, but it just seems everyone gets through and I yeah it does. So we go for ages and then basically what like you know, for me that follows the island as I'm like Jesus terrible season, it's like, oh you you're actually looking pretty good, are you? Are you through?
Speaker 1: You know why we don't do us right, It's because it's in like the NBA, it's wins first losses, that's how you get into the top eight for match conference. But in Super Rugby there's so much bonus point shenanigans, right, it actually doesn't matter who's Yeah that's true.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, but it's it's like an easy look at at how the season going. Yeah, you know, have you won more than you've lost? Yeah, you're if you're like zero to nine, then you can easily see that the season's not going well, not going your way. But you're five and five, then you go, okay, well, these season's going yeah, reasonably were like like these.
Speaker 1: Season's fifty to fifty and also like subsequently we should probably been the whole convoluted points system anyway and just have wins verst losses. Yeah, because I know that it was brought in to stop the blowouts, but it hasn't. No, so just go wins first losses. Yeah, why not? Oh great call. Thank you very much for that. Thank you very much for joining us this morning, Heath. That is your fifteenth podcast of the week already and it's only Monday. Yeah, enjoy the rest of your Monday and see you guys tomorrow for a Tuesday episode of did Gender Podcast?
Speaker 2: All right, give a taste a cube you've been listening to the ACC's a gender podcast brought to you by Export Ultra. For more episodes, like and follow on iHeartRadio of you get your podcast