Speaker 1: You're listening to the Marcus Lush Nights podcast from News Talks, that'd be he.
Speaker 2: I wait, first, first up, people, in the last half hour hearing reports that there are internet outages affecting people right around the country. I think we've been affected by that too. So if you if your internet's it's not your dodgy cables. It's down. So if that resonates with anyone, it should because it's down. Where we getting this from Dan sources Facebook, social media. So internet's down and it's to do with chorus apparently. So yeah, it's not that, it's not you, it's them. Just so you know, if ayone's got the intel about that the indent being down, I wouldn't mind hearing from you about that, just because if you say that, it can be reassuring for others when the internet is down. So get in touch if you want to talk about that, just first and foremost before we crack into the nuts and bolts of what we're on about. People. Sh oh, what way? No head on midnight? Man of is Marcus welcome anybody anybody anyone down down down? You're okay, don't come quibbling to me anyone because you won't get on your website to find out what's wrong on the eyes and ears for you people, this is what it's going to be like when the soul of flair kicks on and everyone loses everything. If you want to try and get it back, you can do what reroot your router, reboot the router. That's what you do. You'd reboot the router and it might come back. It might not reboot that. It'd be a good song. Reboot the router, reboot the router. Anyway, that's what's happening. Reboot your outer Come on text call what is it happening for? You got a lot of story? What did the newspapers do before Costco started something cheap butter? There's a guy called the Costco cowboy that's drive up from Taranaki to buy hundreds of blocks. Go figure. But just this to the internet to begin with before we're not going to talk about butter tonight too. By the way, I'm sick of butter. Yes outrage in Avondale, Awklord, rebooting router is not working. Third World country. Glenna's Marcus, welcome there you go, good, thank you. What's happening?
Speaker 3: I'm not much it's been a year and a half now, and I through my TV and my radio and internet and everything out. Wow. So yeah, and I got rid of my phone.
Speaker 2: How are you listening to me?
Speaker 3: Well, just let me explain. Sorry, I got rid of my phone in December and my daughter got me another phone and probably March so I can ring my father and that. But yeah, I've been without for any connection. I had pretty much no connection. I just your your programs. I just listened to there occasionally and there things are going pretty good.
Speaker 2: Anything you want to know about the world.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well what's going along? Mate? Like I don't know much about it at all.
Speaker 2: You know, you know, Trump's beck allan, Trump's becon, he got the.
Speaker 3: I do hear the news, but I don't really just sort of go straight past me in one area and out the other.
Speaker 2: I know Trump's back, I don't know what the other news is.
Speaker 3: Well, there's a few wars in that going on.
Speaker 2: Ye, the wars haven't stopped, and.
Speaker 3: New Zealans looking a little dismal reason we should.
Speaker 2: I kind of thought you hang on. I kind of thought you're bringing up because your internet was out.
Speaker 3: Well I don't have the internet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but when you ring up a televis you don't have internet. He'd think, oh, well, it means clean the internet out. He doesn't know that you're actually having it for two years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a year and a Half's Marcus. What I was going to say about the government, and that is to as you get professional people in from the other side of the world to come in and manage the situation we're in because I think we're a little bit naive. Is what healthing is worth in the world.
Speaker 2: But you can't keep an eye on them because you've got no media.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But the thing is, Marcus, that's if you see it and hear it, you carry it with you and it lives with you, it lives inside you.
Speaker 2: Okay, not quite the discussion I want to start off with today, but thank you. I appreciate you coming through. I was more concerned to sort up people the internet out of just people. So get in touch of you, ort to talk one him is Marcus, welcome, So I am on about people. If you've lost Internet, give me a holo quickly. Just think we're got how I think it's Auckland, Wellington and christ Church. Marcus did the reboot? Internet still down and Pam you r Auclins at about seven thirty listening on iHeart on my phone using Sparky Data good Intel Reinternet. Will be listening Janet to any information about the Internet that's down. Let me know what. I don't know why it goes down. I don't know where it comes these days through the phone under the house. All I know when they put the cable on, they didn't put the currogated iron back. Tony, Marcus, welcome here.
Speaker 5: Marcus, Mom and Fong Ray. And we don't have any internet up here where I am trying to get in touch with the provider. And they apparently go close up shop at eight o'clock and they tell you to leave post a thing on boardband, sending your complaint on boardband. If you have any Internet, you can't.
Speaker 2: Anything because you haven't got the broad band. That's like saying, oh, they need to be taken out and put out to pasture. That's crazy. I can imagine how frustrated people would be if they're depending on the Internet for their business and it says email us. People would be throwing their computers against the wall.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I did say there's been a bit of that tonight. So and they closed the customer service at eight o'clock. Well, my internet was out before seven point thirty and I couldn't get through. There was no It said that I've phoned outside the hours, But on the on the web it says that they don't close till eight o'clock.
Speaker 2: So that sounds like it. It sounds that they waited went home from work before they kicked the can and broke the whole thing.
Speaker 5: Could be. Can I ask you a question, because you're close to the hydro lakes down there, have we got enough water for electricity throughout the the winter.
Speaker 2: Last time I was in Tiana, which would be eight eight weeks ago. Seven weeks ago, I surprised how little water there was in there, and there hasn't been a great deal of rain since it's been through dry down south. I imagine you can check the levels, can you.
Speaker 5: I don't know. That's why I'm asking you.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Should you be worrying about it?
Speaker 5: Well, I'm just worried if we've had a lot of rain, that the levels have risen, that the price doesn't seem to have come down, and the price went up because we're supposedly going to be short of electricity throughout the winter.
Speaker 2: That's like butter. When no one's buying it overseas, we're still paying arm in the leg. But when it's up in priced, whoop up she goes. It's like one of those things that goes out, doesn't come down.
Speaker 5: That's correct.
Speaker 2: Comparative lake levels. I'm trying to read new data here. They're well though. I'm looking at National High. They're trending back up towards the average. I'm looking at Pookaki, looking at Southide, looking at Tiana is up above the medium now, so we're all right there. Manipur is up above the medium. Yeah, no, it's only it's but fevery March April May they're well below, but just towards the end of the May, they're trending towards back up to normal.
Speaker 5: So does that mean electricity prices will come down?
Speaker 2: Tony? The thing that confuses me is the line fees, because didn't we pay for the lines ourselves? Isn't it like government infrastructure?
Speaker 5: That's correct, yes, the.
Speaker 2: While we paying line fees. I mean, I've never really understood power or how the model works, but it confuses me in some ways.
Speaker 5: But isn't the line fees or the maintenance in upgrading.
Speaker 2: Oh is it what they call it line maintenance?
Speaker 7: Then?
Speaker 2: Is it the linesman and those cherry pickers that's this? See they well gets eighty bucks a month. Thank you, Tony. Sixteen past eight Marcus Internet good with all, Good with spark party. Marcus. Just checking the chorus outage map for you. The outages seem to be copper outages in Auckland, christ Church, Hamilton, Mudapara and other areas south of the tron. So there's a chorus outage map. Who knew chorus outage map?
Speaker 8: Gee?
Speaker 2: People, how would they check that if they? Oh, they'd be someone where they've got the internet. Oh, yes there is. That's a very good map. I don't think it's Murdapara. It's Katiki which is west of Rorimu and all Fungoh, but you're right about Murdapata. That's out. It's kind of weird the places that are out actually, but Auckland, fang aare and maybe all Mokeroa and the South Island christ Church or Lincoln that seems to be out. Also, if you want to talk about this eight hundred and eighty tendy with you until twelve. I hope it's good where you are some of the other stuff. Oh, by the way, there is this sculpture in Topour. I woke up that seemed to be people getting hot and bothered about that. I thought it was very good. I thought that's one of the best new bits of public art. We had it for a long long time, so anyway, well done them for that. I think the money was volunteered, was it given? Because by the way, there's no real reason to go through Topra anymore because you just go around it. But i'd go and look at this ten meter tall dinosaur. That's a knockout. That's hilarious. Looks like it's an inflated balloon. So well done them for that. The Topal District Council granted a one off, one hundred thousand dollars grant towards the sculpture, but the grant is act some reasons. Are facing a rates increase of more than eight percent. It won't be because of the dinosaur. It'll be through your water. It'll be for three waters done right or whatever. That's where it'll be. We had your choice, but it's not the dinosaur. But I'll be going next time. I'll be going straight in there. Buying the kids lunch just to see that dinosaur that looks fantastic. So that's happened anyway, Get in touch by name's Marcus. Welcome Marcus. We're in Johnsonville, Wellington. The past two days we're at intermittent internet. Thought it was just us. My teenager's life has been completely ruined for now. The other thing I've enjoyed reading about today, and I've often heard about this, but I've never found the article. And this is about the Frenchman who waited an entire cestna one point fifty after learning at age nine that his stomach could digest metal. At age nine, he realized he could digest metal and turn his ability to career, eating things like bicycles, shopping carts, and even a chandelier. His condition, called peka ah Ha, let him safety consume about two pounds of metal daily. He'd break them into small items, swallow them with mineral oil, and his strong stomach. Acid's handled the rest by the death of two thousand and seven and desert from natural cause, eating nearly nine tons of metal with a cest to his most famous feet. I'm not going to ask you have you eaten a sesta, but that thought something. We could start talking. What's your unusual ability? Have you got one? Yeah, I'll be curious about that. I don't know what it is, but yeah, fancy that. I often read about the guy that met eight and a sistem that can't be true, but there it goes. There's the article. So get in touch. You on to be a part of the show. To Marcus till twelve as I say, oh, eight hundred and eighty Teddy right about the internet, Marcus, ind it is working in Pappa Toy Toy. Good to know. And your unusual ability because you don't often meet people with unusual abilities, or maybe someone you know that's got an unusual ability. And now I'm thinking about I don't know what. I would ring up and say what I'm into it his unusual abilities if you've got one of those for me? And that sculpture. Anyone actually seen the sculpture in Topaul. It's nice to have a dinosaur because we've got everything else, but nothing anything as fantastic as that. Good evening, esh, it's Marcus, welcome, greetings.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and I just got to talk to you again. You need but you can need me into the to the list two year went down to uh, that's some spine and we're on pulse. Everyone's down.
Speaker 2: Who's your internet with?
Speaker 10: There?
Speaker 3: Ish pulse?
Speaker 9: Okay, there's a great pair of innersative thing that that everything a bit cheaper. And then and the and the intimate speeds they get croppled.
Speaker 3: So it's a good love.
Speaker 2: How did you know it was down?
Speaker 9: I can't get TV. You can't get in the computer or the TV.
Speaker 2: That's TV went through it too, isn't it. That's like yeah, okay.
Speaker 9: So I checked online and you just just confirmed on the phone that comes that it's down and they're working on it.
Speaker 2: They've got a reconnection date.
Speaker 9: Yesterday would be good.
Speaker 2: Not from me, thank you? Do we twenty six past eight Internet? It's down, by the way. And as far as the guy that ate the Cessna plane, Scott has texted, did he season the Cessna? Or was a little plane?
Speaker 11: Very good?
Speaker 2: My dad has the usual ability to anor my mother, but she still loves him. To Darcy age eleven, Thank you, Darcy Marcus. A sculpcher at the roundabout at Paaleeri is amazing. It's the Bird of Peace by Fred Graham, who sadly died recently such a talented used in sculptor. That's right, yes, and a great age too. He looked amazing. I think it was at ninety five. So that's that eagle that's near the one on the way to Tito and a hobbiton. But yeah, I don't know who funded that. It doesn't matter, but that's the one within the roundabout, I think. So get in touching you on talk. My name is Marcus. Welcome twenty six past eight. Interesting abilities that you possess or some of that you know possesses. I don't know what these would be, but I'm up for the discussion. I've never known anyone that could eat metal. We had restaurant strong stomach acids. Marcus, boom boom. The dinosaur looks like a cheap blow up foil balloon. I think that's the point. That certainly is the point. I would think someone said it should have been a glorious rainbow trout. We've got enough of those. Gus got one, and Rakay's got the giant salmon. Salmon. My angling dad would be rolling as Grave moved from New Zealand from the UK in just a fish toupur. Well we can have fish and a dinosaur. I'm all another giant dinosaur. I'm sick of the canockers. When was the last time we had a knockout like that? Like something? Wow, it's got it all, it's controversial, it looks great and it's modern. It's about time Tope had a bit of a rebrand. Dinosaurs used to roam around here. Someone says, they're in the Mohaka River out on the Napier Topol Road. Here we go, there we go. So yeah, they say Tope was famous for the Iron Man, the supercars, about time, the kind of the arts com when he got a heads in By the way, someone, it's coming back. People should restart their router if it's not been working and try again every ten to fifteen minutes. What does that mean? Dan? When you start just turned something off and on?
Speaker 10: Do you.
Speaker 2: Unplug it? Counter ten? Count another ten, then plug it back and again. I don't know why ten seconds happens to be the special length of time. Get in touch. My name is Marcus. Welcome eight hundred eighty ten eighty nine ninety two to text. If there's something else you want to mention, good the internetut is, but maybe your strange ability. The only other topic I've got for you now is in the UK they want to go back to a three term year and have the longest summer break. I think the theory is the long summer break means that the children absorb what they're learning. But I've heard the reverse also that they forget what they're learning in the long break. See you might have an opinion about that. Also, he found out what the cheapest petrol in the country is. It's you Go, No, you Go. It's a great name for a guessie, you Go Waikaraka yep, according to according to Gasby always love a gasby shout out, Oh it's Gooseboy gal Ar Tiamurda used to be the cheapest with Topau and Tokno, but no longer. No, no, no, it's Waikaraka Park You Go twenty nine to nine edits Marcus Welcome, good evening him.
Speaker 4: I can't wait till we get the roll for the train going to in Becabo. The leading again.
Speaker 2: Should be waiting a long time.
Speaker 4: No, they said a couple of rides, and I reckon it's going to go ahead.
Speaker 2: They only started a couple of rides because they wanted to keep the There was there's maintenance on the trans Alpine and they had that sphere conscious to keep the staff going. So I think they've run those to kind of appease people, but they're extraordinarily expensive, like four times a cost of flying.
Speaker 4: You know Beckham the day with Steve you fly? No, No, But Beckham the David had a step party and you're throwing mate on the train. He put him under the weather stick in the train before he got married. And you've got your pactors.
Speaker 2: Brilliant, that's inspired. So he'd wake up, wake up, hangover, didn't know where he was yet. Did you did you do that to anyone?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 4: We didn't have a couple of guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, did they make?
Speaker 7: Did they make?
Speaker 2: Did they make their wedding?
Speaker 4: They missed, they missed, They carry them, They missed their wedding. But Beckham David, that's what we've done with I can't really tell you. Marcus.
Speaker 2: Okay, here's a were you born in the thirties?
Speaker 3: Plus this?
Speaker 2: Okay, did you remember when you go out on the on the tiles right into a party?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah? And that's the cold meat pie is.
Speaker 4: Cutting four Stevie's pause.
Speaker 2: Yeah, would you hang on? Would you serve cold meat pies cutting four.
Speaker 4: Well, probably not, okay, I heard that.
Speaker 2: I'll find out much. There's always someone about the trains, aren't they. I want to know what your unusual ability is. I'm still going to ask about that. Come on, people with your unusual abilities. It might be double jointed in this or it might be Marcus had no internet for an hour. It just came back on. Now I had to hotspot the old work phone. You could do watching my show. I listened to the raady at the same time. Good at multitasking one point five gigs for an hour is scrolling and streaming. You have two choices. The choice that you take the direction of the show is up to you. We can go three year term. Should we bring it back? Doesn't sound an interesting from a topic, as I said out loud, or we could say your or your people, you know they are extraordinary abilities. On the back of the story about the man that I'd assessed in a plane, it ate with with olive oil or vegetable oil, mineral oil. He'd break items into small pieces and swallow them with mineral mineral oil. Michael Lo Tito. They don't have to be someone that can eat a plane, But what's your unusual ability anything at all? Apart from yodling. He might even do yodling. Yes, he was known as mister moncheur mange tout, which translate as mister eat all. Fit's eating a plane, but other stuff like bananas gave him heartburn. He ate a shopping trolley. You wouldn't go hungry. Nine tons of metal, although fact checker says it's hard to ap previate the plane, but certainly he could have died of natural cause at fifty seven forty five door hinges, eighteen bicycles, fifteen chopping carts, seven TV sets, six chandeliers, two beds, one pair of skis, one computer, one copy of the textbook Gravitation by mister Thorn and Wheeler, one sister aircraft, one water bed full of water, five hundred meters of steel chain at once, one coffin with handles. This is the kick. And they gave him a Guinness the Guinness Book of Records gave him a plaque and a metal plark as an award.
Speaker 13: He ate that.
Speaker 2: That's a that's a power move to eat the award. Yeah, assorted raises and bolts. Yeah, there is a picture book in his life called how to Eat an Aeroplane. I think I pronounced that wrong. So your unusual skills, Marcus, he probably died of too much plaque on his teeth. Better to rust out than fade away, Marcus. My extraordinary ability is poetry. I ring and shortly. Yes, we don't do poems. You know why we don't do poems because people that think that ring the radio think that they think that it's always dreadful. They're always fighting for a rhyme. Anyone been to you go the gas station? I can't imagine it's rebells and whistley?
Speaker 5: Is it you go?
Speaker 2: I guess one of those chup and cheerful ones. We pump and dump yourself, do you?
Speaker 7: Is that right?
Speaker 5: You go?
Speaker 2: It's a great name. Got to give them that, Marcus high. My unusual is ability is it sixty seven years of age, I am still able to get my right foot big toe up and into my mouth. I'm very proud of being able to do this, no mean feat. My friends won't even try this maneuver. Yeah, I could probably do that, although I'm not sixty seven. I don't know someone that could get their fists in their mouth too. But like beyond their teeth. That was pretty impressive. I won't say her name, but that was quite a skill. Marcus. I saw some road cones today. We haven't talked them for about them for a while, Mike, Yeah, I think that's an a. It's a bit like crumpets. You don't want to to once a year than crumpets. Roundabouts and road cones once a year, proven once every two years, I think. Glenn Glen, Glen Glen as Marcus, welcome. You sound like a live wire.
Speaker 10: Glynn.
Speaker 12: Hello, dear Marcus.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it is Glean here.
Speaker 12: I noticed that guy was talking earlier on about line chargers on player bills and just got rid of them quite quickly. But anyway, Mayor, I'm a lad back on from the second phone call that i've made.
Speaker 2: That were you. Were you on before talk about the Internet?
Speaker 12: No, no, that he would have let me on if I was talking about the ind but not about line charges. But you said it's open to him whatever you want to talk.
Speaker 2: That guy was called Glean too, was it?
Speaker 12: I don't know what his name has got no idea anyway.
Speaker 2: So it was Glenn. So already we've got already, we've got two glens.
Speaker 12: No, I don't know. I've got no idea how many gleanship I don't know.
Speaker 2: No, there was a there was a glen before. How many INDs of you got.
Speaker 3: Two?
Speaker 2: One?
Speaker 14: Oh?
Speaker 12: The differently different line charges were in fact line charges for years and years years, and that's the up to up the grade the infrastructure. And I don't know what's happened to the upgrading of the infrastructure, but now they want more money for line charge. What happened to the last to the people that investors of the pairer companies get all that money and there's not not much infrastructure gets upgraded. But it just seems that the actually electricity doesn't cost much, but the line charges cost more than the power.
Speaker 2: Well, I guess it's a lot of weird and tear. Like there's those guys when they had to unbolt that tower and painted it fell over. That's what they're doing, aren't they? Maintenance?
Speaker 12: Well, it wasn't very good maintenance, so that maybe that's some of the line charges.
Speaker 2: Went exactly, it was terrible, that all the bolts.
Speaker 12: Terrible, But that's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about real line, real maintenance, A lot fixing not destroying, And so where does that go ordered that all the line charges that of me and everyone else in New Zealand have paid for the last five years, went to fix that one payer pile on that fell over? Nothing seems that didn't fall over hang on, it got well bad maintenance. We just arrest the line charges. And now they want all the line charges to upgrade all the systems. And where's the arrest of the line charges with all? It's not only me, it's everybody. I'm not the only one in New Zealand that pays the line charges and now they want more.
Speaker 2: Have line charges gone up Glenn.
Speaker 12: Between ten and thirty dollars per power bill, which is monthly for every person in New Zealand, regardless of using Contact or Pulse or all those other all those other pair companies, everybody's line changes have gone up.
Speaker 2: I think you probably okay, we'll put that into the mix. Have you got any interesting skills or abilities gleaned? They are unusual.
Speaker 12: I got plenty of the Marcus.
Speaker 2: How much time tho you got is the one that stands out.
Speaker 12: They all seeing that to me and my partner. But anyway, that's all I wanted to say if you want to put it out they are sure they're not the only person that thinks that way. Where's all the rest of the line charges gone that we've been paying for forever?
Speaker 7: And now I just okay?
Speaker 2: Regards to your partner too, Glen, that's nice, Thank you. Thirteen to nine Marcus gooday from Dave. My usual talent. I can write with both hands and I hold my breath underwater for three minutes forty five seconds. That's a good time, isn't it? Wait how long I could hold my breath for these days? I could do a minute. That would be it. So you might struggle for it? What's normal for holding your breath? Should I do it? In en our tap to see? Say no, I'm still alive right?
Speaker 3: One?
Speaker 2: Two, three? Or do this all together? See how we go? How long you hold your breath for? On your Marx, I can't say. I'll say, go within and hail on your max. Get set on your max, gets it go h h.
Speaker 11: H h h h h.
Speaker 9: M hm mhm.
Speaker 5: H k h.
Speaker 11: M hm.
Speaker 6: Hm hm.
Speaker 2: Oh it's hard to get to a minute, wasn't it. Oh, here's time I get to stop watch on Chay. I was looking at the clock. That was more just. I thought it would be its gonna inspire. There would be an ignominious ignominently is ending idiot dies on radio trying to hold breath. I mean that's honestly, that would go around there they go viral, wouldn't it? Cheapers, Marcus, my unusual ability. I get twelve crumpets in one sitting. Oh delicious, aren't they? Goodness? Nine to nine evening markets Marcus, welcome recovered, Marcus?
Speaker 15: How are you?
Speaker 7: How are you good?
Speaker 2: Thinking?
Speaker 6: What's that to all those wonderful people who have the arts and skills of doing furniture restoration, the likes of lacquering and French polishing. What's happened to them all? Where are they all gone?
Speaker 2: I don't think people luck Okay, I don't think people want that sort of furniture anymore. That brown furniture no one wants.
Speaker 6: Oh some of that is just absolutely fair. And people who can do fluxing what great to finish on tin. That's an art.
Speaker 2: Are you looking for a French polisher or are you a French polish Yes?
Speaker 8: I am.
Speaker 6: I am actually looking for someone who can do some French polishing for me?
Speaker 2: Is that what those chalette the wings of the insects. Is that what French polishers use?
Speaker 6: Oh, yes, yes they do. I'm trying to find someone around who's got a bit of who's been doing it for quite some time, who's got a bit of skill and tenacity about doing these things, so you can give somebody.
Speaker 2: Can you not find a French polisher?
Speaker 6: I want someone who's who's spent years doing it.
Speaker 2: What have you got, Bark, you've been a bit evasive with your details. Have you got have you got something to get?
Speaker 3: Music box?
Speaker 6: It's a music box, but eighteen eighty Swiss plays about twelve tunes. It's been under somebody's bed for a long time.
Speaker 2: It's a music box, is it?
Speaker 10: What is it?
Speaker 6: A music box?
Speaker 7: What is that?
Speaker 2: London music to play? To play conical records.
Speaker 6: At place and has a cylinder and that if you ever been to or fairy Mead or it's out.
Speaker 2: Or unfortunately I have the most boring days of my life. So it's a cylinder that you play that as a record?
Speaker 6: Right, Well, it's got it's got a comb with teeth on it, yes, and it needs to be revitalized. It's destroyed out, it's got market treatment Rosewood Bora like attacking it. But unfortunately that's what happens for this one's has not got any more and it's just been under somebody's bed.
Speaker 2: Are the mechanics good?
Speaker 6: I had an old sent over to somebody in the States who took the whole thing to pieces and repinned the whole thing for me.
Speaker 2: Okay, what's your what you how many? How many different cylinders have you got?
Speaker 6: Well, it's got one cylinder plays twelve tunes. Amongst them is one which people would know would be a Liberty March Monty Python.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, okay, how that goes again?
Speaker 7: The tune London under dund Yeah, and with a big sort of yeah, I know it.
Speaker 2: Well, so you got on the internet. Did you get on the internet to find your restore in the Americas?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 6: No, got kent when I go over there on Minael George to find things and bring things back. I am there's these people who have got skills and things over there that we just don't have the demand for over here. The likes of the vintage car flexing people who can replicate wood grange finish of oak, tiger oak on tin, amazing well of early cars had that a lot of veteran cars had that. What christ Church was the well christ Church was the home at one stage of veteran cars, well old and worldly, and christ Church was it's it's English old Scottish people brought all their stuff over at the turn of the century. It was a very Anglican place, like the need the Needlands Old and I got a major auction house down there. What's his name, money Procter. Just yeah, he has been going for years and years and years. Amazing antique auctions he does. He has down there stuff that you don't really see.
Speaker 3: He I don't know.
Speaker 6: He accumulates and has his options. It's amazing.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 6: The mechanical workings of those things you have to send offshore for the best results in the size of everything mechanical. I mean to say, people say pianolas, pianolas, Well, pianolas, don't they wants them anymore? The romantics that the the tubing, the bellows, what they were made out of a very rubber that that breaks down.
Speaker 2: Of course it does. Yeah, Hey, look, market, it's nice to hear from me. I've got to go to the news, but thank you for that. Maybe we'll hear from some French polishers, but it's probably on a demand for it. You just want the old people come out of retirement for it. That would be my pick on that one. I'll be back on the other side of the news if you want to talk here till twelve o'clock tonight. So for the guy that was called before the news, the guy that was on about his music box, right, his name was Mark. Someone said that he should try a luthier. Have I pronounced that right? A luthier because old guitars are off in French polish, so luthier could be quite a good French polisher. Of course, you can always learn French polishing your else. I just don't know where you get the shellac that's the wings of the lack beetle?
Speaker 16: Is that right?
Speaker 2: We are looking for people their special abilities. What I find interesting about this in twofold one is what people's special abilities are, and two what people consider a special ability. You might be able to remember numbers. I mean, I'm doubling down on this because I've said that's the topic, so I'm committed.
Speaker 10: To it now.
Speaker 2: I can't change now. So we are stuck with this. It's a trouble when you get on the limb with a topic like this. People aren't impressed with Glenn with two ends. By the way, just so if that's you Glenn. A lot of sexist things about the special talent, people putting up with their wives and stuff. By the way, Bunnings sell shellac. Of course they do. Good evening, Gonne. It's Marcus, welcome allaa.
Speaker 13: I have got a dark special things. What's round?
Speaker 2: I can't understand you?
Speaker 13: The swinging Oma.
Speaker 2: Gone? Can you stop? Can you just say what you said again? Slowly so I can hear it, hear the words.
Speaker 13: I am called the singing Homer. Now Omer has Dutch her grandmother.
Speaker 2: Oh, well, of course you are.
Speaker 13: I love singing. There's one particular song. Would you like to hear it?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: When I thought a special skill, I thought it could be someone that could like drive cross handed, or I wasn't looking for singing. But now that you've said that, has anyone besides your family said you've got a special skill?
Speaker 13: Yes? Who I sing a can down? I sing that have my drive and I'm out there on my reeler.
Speaker 2: Do you sing outside? Do you sing as your shop or outside? Countdown?
Speaker 17: Yes?
Speaker 13: I don't. Money's away. I was singing with some children and see Wincy.
Speaker 2: Spider, I couldn't be there. Tell us you what you bet? What songs do you do?
Speaker 13: There's one the very special comes from the sound of music. A false and foes free morning you gree me small lang, bright, clean and broadwise.
Speaker 2: Free?
Speaker 13: Morning you greed maybe of snow. May you bloom and grow, baom and grow for before a us boys my home landfall. Oh Marcus, So we're upping on their singing.
Speaker 2: Now are you a bascar When you say you sing, do you sing outside the super singing? Is your shop?
Speaker 13: Yes? And then I saw it with's my friends. I was singing roans to the children and countdown to keep them quiet today?
Speaker 2: Okay, but do you actually pass outside count DOWNA we have a stapie.
Speaker 13: That you don't, do you just because I love music? Here's another one on one. I'm in a rock career.
Speaker 2: That's it. But when you say you sing outside countdown, are you just standing there singing?
Speaker 18: I am.
Speaker 13: Chopping?
Speaker 2: Oh he's singing your shop? Okay? Yes, okay, because if I understood that you sung when you're shopping and beard, then I mean it's not a speak. I mean I like, thank you for singing Connie. I mean, I don't want to disparage that because it was beautiful, But yeah, I don't know if that's a special skill. Someone says they can say all the words backwards, but they've texted me that rather than ringing in Marcus, your special skill is not cutting the singer off. Thank you, yes, thank you. I tried, didn't. I tried to get in there. Yeah, but but I did. I couldn't. I couldn't do it. I couldn't do it. I mean, hell, who am I to cut off goneie cheapess? I mean, because it could be one of those magic moments. It's supposed to got the the most extraordinary voice and phone line against normally white goes. So singing on the radio is they put their mouth so close to their hand piece. It all kind of distorts. It's never good. But I'm getting a lot of pundits or plawed its from the textas to me, how kind I was let to stay on nine thirteen here till twelve? Your special skill? George says, I can say most words or name's backwards with ease. That's from George Armstrong or his head say igro egg ganotsmra I can't say names Beckwood with ease. But that's more an on air thing, Marcus. My special ability is the mirror writing, so called because you hold up in the mirror you can read it in the mirror. It's reversed writing, starting on the right side of the paper. Yes, well, my partner thinks she's got a special skill of mirror writing, but I don't necessarily know that it's a special skill. We have many debate about that. I won't say what my special skill is that I think is better, but but I think someone's Yeah, anyway, that's the cruss. She wants to die on with their special skill. Oh gone is back. We call that non call GONI Marcus, my special talent is not losing my mind whilst listening to tonight's show. Yeah, well, I mean I tried to get special skills. I don't think we've got anyone yet. It's really special with their skills, are they? I don't expect anyone to ring up to say they're going to eat a plane. But just or even if you know, someone with a special skill must be I mean the remarkable land of five million. There must be people that can do extraordinary things. Special skills or special things I've done when someone's texted. I read the Old Testament cover to cover. What a tough book to read. I didn't read the New Testament, as most sequels are not as good as the first one. Yeah, I think they'd be very tough to read the Old Testament. It's all but goot, isn't it? But yeah, I know that's a special skill. But I'm happy for the discussion H nine fourteen eighty and your special skills? What can you do? It's of interest in tonight as well as everything else that's going on. By the way, I am expecting breaking news tonight. It's just been for quiet at nighttime. As far as the world goes. Maybe there'll be a ceasefire. That'd be good. Yes, now, George, good evening.
Speaker 7: Get a Marcus.
Speaker 2: Now you can read words backwards?
Speaker 7: Well yeah, I've never tested it on the on the air before.
Speaker 2: But do you think your powers might How can we do this though? I mean, because I can't show you words?
Speaker 7: Can I just give me a word? Look at an object in the studio, Tell me the word. I'll try to say it backwards as fast as I can.
Speaker 2: Wow, okay, wow, most of them are quite difficult. The things I'm looking at.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you don't just take it easier and we can ramp up the disaccording.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, yeah, because i's got to go straight with the microphone. We work up towards that one. Not ukham oh wow, microphone wow, television.
Speaker 7: Oh, television, noises oh noise is valet wow?
Speaker 2: Computer computer.
Speaker 7: Oh oh that's a tough one.
Speaker 2: Mark okay, light shade, light shade, tip.
Speaker 7: Build that sort of thing. I think it's difficult when you got some of those consonants.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I thought light was difficult. We've got a lot of constants and not may veils.
Speaker 7: There was light yeah, g h t th h g.
Speaker 2: But yeah, imagine, I imagine with practice you get pretty good at this.
Speaker 7: I actually discovered it and I was sort of, you know, under the influence of something at one point at the bar, and ever since then I've just ran with it.
Speaker 2: So were you asked that as the bar in different drinks backwards?
Speaker 7: Well, we sha something like that, something like that.
Speaker 2: What did you start not a stone lagger, a regal nets.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Luily, well yeah, yeah, like the German on tap.
Speaker 2: Or Jacob mister okay, and has it got better since?
Speaker 11: Well?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think you also.
Speaker 7: Yeah, with practice, you improve, but a lot of it was just pure talent, I have to say.
Speaker 2: So, how often do you wheel it out, Jeeves?
Speaker 7: Just you know, at the pub every now and then when you've got a when there's a new coming to the group, you know, sometimes just to staff of them a little bit. Or if you have anyone who has just LEI around, they're particularly impressed.
Speaker 2: So can you read books? You can read all the words backwards and books.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I haven't got much of the attention span these days.
Speaker 2: No, I presume text is easy when you're looking at it.
Speaker 7: Right, Yeah, it's yeah, it looks fun really.
Speaker 2: Okay, I appreciate your moxy, George, thank you very much for that.
Speaker 10: There we go.
Speaker 2: George can read words backwards and was brave enough to ring up Marcus. How would the guy consume the aircraft get on going through the middle tech at the even I don't believe you could eat a plane. But he ate his record, he ate his award he was given. That was I mean, what a boss of That is. Good evening, Gabriel, Good evening, Marcus.
Speaker 19: I'm not sure if it's a real talent, but I can identify any car around the world from nineteen thirty nine through to nineteen eighty five, with a specialty in English cars and American cars. Well, so that's a span of about I don't know, fifty years or whatever.
Speaker 2: And I know there will be some real train spotters out there, are there? So you know, I presume there's some planes. So there's some cars, and there's select variations. Can you tell me about that? Can you spot those as well? Like, tell me what an example of that would be.
Speaker 19: Well, like, as I mentioned, my specialty is American and English. You'd have, well, you've got Cadillac, bure, Goldenmobile, pontierc and Ship, Mopa or Chrysler, you have the or used to have the Imperial New Yorker windsor there's a whole range of cars.
Speaker 2: If it comes to cars like Volkswagens, you'd know what year they were, when they changed the rear windows and stuff like that, you know there, Yeah, yeah, okay, you know what the variations and a model over the years.
Speaker 19: Yeah, yeah, I do. But yeah, I do know most of the variations of the European cars and Italian cars, and of course I was the cars. But I've never met anybody who knows as many cars.
Speaker 2: It's how you got that skill.
Speaker 19: I don't know. When I was a kid, father used to say I had a photographic memory, which I didn't have a clue what that was at the time, But yeah, I just remember. I just remember cars, and I always have done.
Speaker 2: So have you traveled over? Have you travel over? Have you travel overseas to see them all? Because I presume with some of them there wouldn't be many in New Zealand.
Speaker 19: Yeah, that's right, And no, I haven't traveled overseas, so you know all the ones.
Speaker 2: In New Zealand. If you see anything, really you know straight away what it is.
Speaker 7: Yeah, for sure, generally, for sure.
Speaker 2: Even I suppose watching TV programs you'd see stuff too, wouldn't you tell you?
Speaker 19: It's a bit weird Marcus before YouTube come along, say before that, I would sit through hours of some movie that was probably not a B grade but probably a D grade. It would be an hour of it just to catch the cars that were in it.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 19: Well, now there are actual channels on YouTube where they'll take like cars from Andy Griffin Show or cars from Mod Squad, so they just cut out everything else but the cars.
Speaker 2: What channels would they be.
Speaker 19: It's on a YouTube one and it's called Cars from.
Speaker 3: And it's.
Speaker 19: TV series that have been on in the past, Bewitched, Mod Squad and Griffiths Show.
Speaker 2: There's a lot are your first dating now, Gabriel? Do you see cars? Which part of your Zealand are you in?
Speaker 19: What's that?
Speaker 2: Where are you in New Zealand? What what island?
Speaker 19: I'm I'm in Auckland, Okay.
Speaker 2: Do you often see cars on the road that do you? Do you often see old cars on the road that you can't recognize.
Speaker 19: I haven't come across one yet, wow, mm hmm. Yeah, I've always been able to do that. Yeah, but probably you know I love cars from when I was young so and at the moment on driving a Toyota so I've got nothing American at the moment.
Speaker 3: I used to, but not even longer.
Speaker 2: It probably goes be that, does it?
Speaker 7: What's it?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 19: It goes very well. And I don't know about that. It's just about maintenance, keeping the maintenance up on a big American car if you can afford the guess did.
Speaker 2: You learn them or when you were a younger, did you learn them on the road or did you learn them from books?
Speaker 19: I learned them through TV, on books and on the road.
Speaker 3: We'd be driving along the road and.
Speaker 19: My family would ask me what their car was, and I'd tell them what it was, and then, you know, sometimes other members of the family may not believe it, so I'd grab a book and show them or tell them about their particular car. Yep, it was the car.
Speaker 2: Fascinating Gabel, Thank you so much for coming through that. I do appreciate that. Queving Barry Marcus, Welcome.
Speaker 16: Good a Marcus.
Speaker 3: Here.
Speaker 16: I can divine water.
Speaker 2: Oh wow are you?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 16: I've always been able to since I was a little kid. My grandfather could do it. My father couldn't do it. They reckon it skips a generation for some weird reason. I can also pick up like living KBA power cables in the ground. I just use a copper rod.
Speaker 2: Is the rod bent?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 16: It is, and I can feel it move. It's kind of weird. I can walk along and I can feel it move, and the direction it moves to is the direction the water is flowing.
Speaker 2: Okay, And how are people using you Berry for your skills?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 16: But I work well? Yes and no, because I did actually spend a few decads. It's working in the industry, and it's just one of those things I reckon. As we know, there's a waterline here somewhere, there's no records, and I've had to go and actually found them, and yeah, it works. It's it's real.
Speaker 12: It's kind of weird.
Speaker 16: It's fun though, it's actually fun.
Speaker 2: And when you say the industry, you worked in water services, right.
Speaker 16: Water industry?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah.
Speaker 16: Have you got theories?
Speaker 2: Have you got theories on how it works?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 16: I have no idea at all. My grandfather used to use a forked willow branch school, which was kind of weird, and I never believed it. I didn't believe it at all. He used to decide where to dig wells because he was sort of a contractor's way back. And I had to go at it playing with you, working with hum and stuff, and I discovered that the best thing for me was a bit of copper roll. Anyway, that's just one bit of fraud.
Speaker 2: It's just one, not one in each hand.
Speaker 16: No, just one, just one on my left hand. And I'm left handed, and I can't do it with some right hand, but I can do it with some left hand's that's the way it works.
Speaker 2: Brilliant. Really nice to hear from your Barry. Thank you.
Speaker 10: Wee there we go.
Speaker 2: Wow Wow what a half hour a boys, What a gifted audience. What special talents? Marcus? My friends, My best friend's skill is not being able to recognize cars. We knew someone who had to read Jaguar and one day we saw a red Muskang and he said, oh, that's Mandy's car.
Speaker 20: I said, Okay, that car's got a horse it the jag jag on it. She said, has had the difference. Oh yeah, that's good, Marcus. Is any one game enough to ring up and confess?
Speaker 2: There have been t mood the lattest term to describe a TAMU customer disappointed with an item they ordered, paid for a received from Tim but it wasn't what they were expecting in it too embarrassed to admit it. Anyone got any button? Does TEAMU do Butter? That would be the future of team who did Butter? That would be a good night and talk back. I doubt they do. Doubt they do. Doubt they don't keep those texts coming from enjoying a lot of those. Maybe someone's special skill is running straight. Oh yeah, Philip Marcus welcome.
Speaker 17: There you go, Marcus good Philip, I was just calling about the special talents thing that you're talking about.
Speaker 2: You've rung the right show.
Speaker 7: I definitely did.
Speaker 13: Now.
Speaker 17: I know that being ambidexterous can be very kind of typical in today's day. But I'm ambidexterous with every power tool as well as reading and writing and you know, kicking a ball and other things like that.
Speaker 2: Wow, that'd be quite a skill, would it's.
Speaker 17: Believe it or not, it's extremely handy on a construction site.
Speaker 2: Imagine, So you go, okay, so and there's no there's no loss of skill with either one.
Speaker 17: Absolutely not. There's maybe I could I there could be an argument there'd be like a slight power loss, like if I was drilling through concrete, Like maybe using my right as my dominant would take maybe ten seconds longer because I'm not being able to push as much pressure on Which.
Speaker 2: Of the power tails would be that which of the power tells would be the most surprising that you can do both ways.
Speaker 17: Definitely a drill, ye, any kind of power drill. Like I'm a roofer by trade, so being able to screw off both left handed and right handed is quite gobsmacking, but also being able to cut sheet metal both left handed and right handed is actually very phenomenal.
Speaker 2: He's just cut out, but that's a shame. I just don't think we cut sheet metal with those hands. Shears would have be probably. I don't know. I've kind of bit of met I'm not sure what he's talking about with that, but thank you, Dave, Marcus welcome.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I've been tam mood. I'm a keen temud user. But in the early days when I was getting tim I didn't look at the fabric because I generally try and order coffin. And I bought a polyester sex Excel T shirt and I was like wearing a rubbish bag.
Speaker 2: That wouldn't be That wouldn't be good.
Speaker 8: It wasn't. There was a most unpleasant yes, and Marcus, I can play my teeth, hamm, how is that really good?
Speaker 21: What are you doing?
Speaker 11: Then?
Speaker 7: Are you?
Speaker 2: Are you just are your hands on the just without hands?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 21: I flicked with teeth with my thumb, and.
Speaker 8: And you can get a chun with the mouth.
Speaker 2: Are they are they real teeth? Are they your own teeth? Or false teeth?
Speaker 5: Where aren't my They're they're my real teeth and my row and my head.
Speaker 2: Well you putting the start? Where you getting that sound from.
Speaker 16: From my mouth? I?
Speaker 8: I what's it called?
Speaker 4: Volume?
Speaker 3: Eyes?
Speaker 15: Or change the note with my mouth?
Speaker 3: And I've frecked my teeth with my thumb?
Speaker 6: Do it again?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 11: How's that?
Speaker 2: It's the show for you to know, doesn't it been?
Speaker 7: T Yeah? Whatever?
Speaker 2: Have you got any other songs?
Speaker 11: You do?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 15: But I can still whistle.
Speaker 2: That's right. That's straight to the that's straight to the highlights podcast. Well, yeah, slow stuff, but cheapest creepers. Wow, some of those. What a talented audience. I the person special skinners not to spot, not to identify cars couldn't work out a ways? Getting such a beautiful timber? What a timber?
Speaker 10: Is it?
Speaker 2: If I used that word rightly? Is it tim Bray? Was it good to tune too, wasn't it? It's been quite a musical show tonight with his tune and the singing Grandmother's chewed? And then the luthier what did he well he died the Liberty March or whatever. The Monty Python one was goodness, and we had no poems. It's a good thing. All major mobile networks gone down across Spain one of there's terrorism there. Pepper Pig is a baby's sister. Mummy Pig announced the safe arrival with a third piglet after giving birth in the same hospital as Cape Middleton. There you go, the Lindo wing. I think that was quite successful. It's not a bad watch, Pepper Pig. I know all your people are mad about the blowie, but you don't forget Pepper Peg. We'll look at your special skills, and boy are they special. Evening gave Marcus welcome, How you doing good? Gave how you doing all right?
Speaker 7: Not too bad?
Speaker 10: Do you remember the throw at the purple plush guitar?
Speaker 2: Tell me more?
Speaker 6: You know my daughter rang you and I made her ring you.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, and the grab and the grabbing machine. You're staying at the moat the hotel the mot was it called the.
Speaker 7: Well low budget Hotel?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And you and and you're in one or of plus guitar at the grabber machine.
Speaker 10: Yes exactly. And I remember why we were actually why we went up there.
Speaker 12: For that holey.
Speaker 10: She didn't but I did later on. It was because they bought the Formula one display to Papa. Oh yeah, that's why I went there to see that. And then on that trip it was when the internet was barely available, I bought my son the Mark two version of PlayStation okay, yeah, and then the key to it for Hebby was wondering people plush guitar. I think the phone one.
Speaker 15: That's a true story.
Speaker 2: You sound like, where are you from, Gabby? From the coastal somewhere?
Speaker 10: No, I'm from Leiston.
Speaker 2: Oh I wonder if it was Leon. You've got the floods there a well, they bought past us. Okay, where was where was the.
Speaker 3: Ring?
Speaker 13: You?
Speaker 2: You know, she's good. I don't know why it was so funny, but obviously because she had no interest in Formula one, right, it was.
Speaker 10: So true that and then she asked you asked her how long was it? And they because it was a foot long, And she bought it out the other day and sure as eggs it was a long.
Speaker 2: So what year were talking about this? When was there a Formula one exhibition? To Papa?
Speaker 10: It was when it was like they bought the Formula one cars over legitimately and the sinners are great.
Speaker 7: Thing.
Speaker 10: That's the only reason I wanted to go.
Speaker 6: And yeah, the line man was there as well.
Speaker 10: When I first met the line man H.
Speaker 2: Craig.
Speaker 10: Yeah, he's begging for money.
Speaker 2: And where was he begging for money outside to Papa? I mean the guy that had the Craig bush. The guy had the big kits and funky that guy.
Speaker 10: You look it up. There's a formula one they had actual legitimate woman one car was when when the first open and feelish?
Speaker 6: I'm right, but you might burn her crew?
Speaker 2: How well Debby?
Speaker 10: Now she's a mainial girl.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, so nineteen it would be twenty fifteen or something, wouldn't it was fifteen when she's up there?
Speaker 10: Aby was born twenty four years ago?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, I think it's What did you say, Dan, two thousand and nine, GeV? Yeah, July to November two thousand and nine. You might have pulled her out of school.
Speaker 3: Did you?
Speaker 10: Probably on the Purple.
Speaker 2: Brilliant GeV in good film GeV nineteen to ten year. We do remember the plays guitar Dan Brilliant, the grabbing machine. We're talking about those grabbing games. No one didn't make played those online?
Speaker 8: Have they?
Speaker 2: Like I said, you good real games online. I'm also discussing the disappointment getting t mood when you get something from Timu, that's completely wrong, but you're too embarrassed to tell anyone. I've never bought anything on Timu. I brought some things. I brought some things once from Ali Barba, and I'm not yet ready to tell you what those things are. But what is the most extraordinary thing about what I brought from Ali Barba? If I had ten years of talk back, you would never guess what they were. And as I've told you what they were in a week moment, I don't think I have. It'd be too complicated and confusing for me to explain it. It's a long and involved story. I don't come across the barely in the story. I just come across slightly self absorbed. Go figure. So anyhow, Marcus, I've just been given a collector's pack of Dealty airline cards that pilots gave up to passages who ask for them. They are of every aircraft, and the one hundred year celebration cards are meant to be valuable big craze in the States. Should I put the pack on trade me, Mike, Yes, you should. I don't know what you put them under collectibles. I think, Marcus, I brought a pair of generals on Timo. I've got two left footed ones chairs kneel Marcus. With the cheaper gas, is that going to be also a cheaper quality petrol that the long run costs more overall? I don't know that. What I have noticed. So if I'm getting two stroke for my tools and I need a liter, I always go to the gas station because you can just get one meter. It saves you're measuring it. I find that quite good. Marcus. My special trick is I can twist both my thumbs around almost three sixty and I have no thumb joints, both held together by tendons removed from my forearms to make joints. Goodness, I don't think i'd like to see.
Speaker 13: That.
Speaker 2: Freaks me out of it, Davo. Ooh, so what we are talking about today? I'm talking Abou. I've been reading about the man that ate a Cessna plane. Yeah, true story. He died of natural cause at fifty seven. He just didn't just need a plane. He ate all sorts of things. I don't know if he got any enjoyment for it. It did it for the attention, but he got a metal kind of plark from the Guinness Book of Records and he ate that which has made my day to day. Marcus. I bought a perspect's heart shaped ornament with positive sayings on for my children. It arrived, it was about five centimeters high instead of fifteen centimeters like I imagine, and can hardly read the words fail what people are saying. Of course that tim does have very good return promises, but it's more about the embarrassment day. That's what we are talking about. Getting timood is what it's called. Gee how good's Costco's publicity with their butter. I presume Costco has that butter all around the world, because the thing is once you get in the shelves and New Zealand and the shelves everywhere. So I don't know how much Kitaka the Butterplace and kay Taker's selling them, but anyway, good on them obviously works for them. Good evening, Jordan, This is Marcus. Welcome.
Speaker 11: Hey Marcus.
Speaker 22: Yeah, I was just thinking about you seeing about special skills and there's split back in Canada where I'm from, in British Columbia, and you go to this old kind of like ghost town place called Barkerville, and always intrigued me as a kid going to this place on countless school trips that in the in the section of this old gold mining town that you can go intour They have a section of the China town, an ancient one that were part of the gold rush. You go in there and there's an old fellow there that would write your name on a grain. Yes, And like how unique like to be able to get down there with a magnifying glass and to put each little character on a grain of rise and take it in a vial and sell it to you for I don't know, probably twenty bucks.
Speaker 14: But uh.
Speaker 22: Yeah, I just thought, man, that's and the and the vial.
Speaker 2: The viol would magnify it. So that was readable, wasn't it.
Speaker 22: Yeah, that's right, yeah, but in a special oil so you could see the lettering.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So did you learn to did you guys say you loarned to do it? Jordan, No, it did not learn.
Speaker 11: To do that, but uh.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 22: And you only hang on to that file as long as you're you can as a child, until you.
Speaker 11: Step on it or lose it.
Speaker 2: But I'd like to do that. I'd like my name on a grain of rice. I'm just trying to think how it would be. It's height, dimension, not its length, but it would be like a nighth of it'd be about three millimeters, would it?
Speaker 22: Yeah, like yeah, the width of a grain of rice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I wonder what it's done with a really fine p and a.
Speaker 22: I reckon there'd be some sort of it would have to be. But I mean imagine the ink though you don't you don't want any smudgets.
Speaker 2: No, I'd like to do that. And you've lost it, have you?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 22: I think my well, once I had kids, think my son might ate it or something.
Speaker 2: But there's also those if you see those people that carve pencil lids.
Speaker 22: I yet seen some things on the old Instagram there where they shave the graphite on the end of a on a pencil number two HB pencil.
Speaker 2: It does say there are things. I think it says, how you can How do they put your name on a grain of rice?
Speaker 11: Yes?
Speaker 2: How many characters? There's up to seven characters per per name. Don't recall ever, was your first, first and second name?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 22: First name, Yeah, put your whole first name on there. Maybe they flip it over, I don't know, or maybe they was double the cost.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I didn't know. So that's whereabouts in Canada was the gold rush? There is it on the west coast.
Speaker 22: Yeah, British Columbia, kind of north central. This place called Wells. It's the end of the road near Williams Lake, near near Quinnell. Worry and yeah, you dry forever and ever and you hit the end of the road and there's this old gold rush town that was booming, you know, years ago.
Speaker 2: Must hear from Jordan. Thank you for that. Found that interesting sixteen past ten. How to write on a grain of rice common long grain white rice. The rice is flat cylinder shape. Because it's flat, provides two wide surfaces for writing. Sharp utility knife. This is used to scrape the rice slated to remove ridges to provide a smooth surface for writing. Clay. Some people use a utility grip of clay, and I was using modeling clay. The clouds used to hold the rice in place while performing the writing. Technical pen This is a drawing pen with an ultra fine tip. Most pens used to either size eighteen or point one three. Wow Online waterproof ink. A rare but verifiable art form of writing on rice is from brush. Also, once the rice, writing is completely duty preserved in a small vial of liquid oil, mini craftsmen mount these violent and a jewelry such as necklaces, bracelets and keychains. It's a great thing to do. I'm funny for interesting you people with your special skills. There might be something in an artistic pursture. You might do some sort of miniature writing or something. I don't know what. This would be something you spent your whole life training for. What did the people used to do? People to write the Lord's prayer on the size of a shaped size of a coin, didn't they? That was the thing I think people would do kind of tiny calligraphy. Not my being not really got that sort of hen writing. Okay, yeah, I can write? Actually, no, is it?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: I don't think there's my thing. Surely it's Marcus welcome, Good.
Speaker 18: Evening, Good evening. I think I've got a bit of a skill. I can play the spoons I've got some and the spoons my son got me from Canada. And I can also play just the ordinary kitchen spoons.
Speaker 2: So the wooden spoons aren't joined, Yes they are, okay, but your kitchen ones aren't. That's right, yep, Wow, have you got kitchen ones here? Have you got the wooden ones there, I've.
Speaker 18: Got them both sitting here on the edge of Well, let's.
Speaker 2: Start with how will you hold the phone?
Speaker 18: A hog on my ear?
Speaker 2: Let's let's try the wooden ones first, and what song will you do?
Speaker 18: I'll just just show you how they work, free format.
Speaker 2: Love.
Speaker 10: The sound.
Speaker 2: Came across fantastic, came across fantastic.
Speaker 18: Now the other ones, these are the kitchen ones.
Speaker 2: Yes, now when you got running them over your fingers as well?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay, wow? Now was it hard to learn?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 18: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 18: And yeah, sometimes if the music's playing at home, I'll pick up the spoons and just have a jam session. Sometimes, if I'm out and we're having music somewhere, I take more wooden spoons.
Speaker 2: Well that was the next question I asked, How so you'll take the wooden spoons? Would you somewhere? Where would one of those places.
Speaker 14: Sort of be?
Speaker 18: I go down to Club Vista. Here at Paraparamu, we have a karaoke night on a Friday night.
Speaker 2: Brilliant doesn't sound better than that club Vesta?
Speaker 22: Wow?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you're not doing karaoke, you're just playing spooning along as the other people perform.
Speaker 18: I do sing karaoke. But yeah, what you go to at.
Speaker 2: Club Vista, Pata Padaho?
Speaker 6: What's my go to?
Speaker 2: What's your favorite karaoke song?
Speaker 18: I love Geene Watson cat country music.
Speaker 2: No, I don't know that. What's up one of their songs?
Speaker 18: My Fareweel party?
Speaker 2: Okay, I look that one up, Shirley, Thank you every very much for that. Twenty four past ten, Club Vista looks good. Good view water side for those that don't know it, looks tremendous, marine parade. It's my street right on the waterfront. Look at it now on Google street View. Marvelous.
Speaker 15: Wow.
Speaker 2: Looks at a different close up. Looks like an old planket room that they put a top on that Club Vista. Goodness, me in the Lucky Lounge, riding over the water, all over a park in the water, beautiful, dv it smart, welcome, good evening.
Speaker 21: Do you think I really? I was primed to hoping that there'd be more talk about the Southerner, but there wasn't any, So I'm going to go with tu.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, so the Southern I ran did the last couple of days?
Speaker 10: Is that right?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 21: They went it for four days and again, lots of people saying, oh, if it was running, we'd use it. And of the four days that it ran, only three of them were fully booked out. And it was you that for me that the only reason they're running it is because they need to use the characters because the West coastline was closed.
Speaker 22: Yeah.
Speaker 13: Yeah, it was a bit of bit.
Speaker 2: It was a bit of a It was a bit of a tricky pr stunt. I thought to think, oh, we're going to explore, but they've got no intention. There'd been no demand for either because it was wildly like four hundred backs. You'd get a plane, wouldn't you.
Speaker 6: Well, I only.
Speaker 21: Yesterday that to go Awkward to Wellington on the Northern Explorer two hundred and fifty dollars a person.
Speaker 2: So why would you do that when you could actually fly for an hour and it takes all day. I mean it's only for tourists and train nuts.
Speaker 21: Well even train that's can't afford the most they were.
Speaker 3: On the bones.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So and then then often with the heats, you know, you end up on a bus anyway, don't you.
Speaker 21: That's right, And so you've just paid two hundred and fifty dollars to pose for the door exploring to do a trip that you could do on a bus for around about sixty bucks with the bus company. I can't think who doesn't these they were going to see in the city.
Speaker 2: Yeah, anyway, yes, you go.
Speaker 7: They did me.
Speaker 21: They did me well. I brought a couple of items to them that that failed to materialize, and I wrote them saying, look, I think these were intercepted by customs because I can't imagine anything else. Dang well, and they said that's cool and they give them my money back.
Speaker 2: How long did that take.
Speaker 3: Next day?
Speaker 6: Basically?
Speaker 2: So you emailed them? You didn't ring them, No, I.
Speaker 21: Just emailed them.
Speaker 7: And but.
Speaker 21: You're getting the idea that I can get all the left of center. What I what i'd ordered was two sets of suture training units for learning how to do stitches. And it comes with a couple of curve suitures, some poor silk I should imagine, and a skin analogue.
Speaker 2: And what's what's the skin analog is?
Speaker 13: That?
Speaker 2: Does xenalogue mean it just is like skin? Or is it a computer thing?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 21: It feels exactly like I hope, well that's what I was hoping. It's probably a bit of a rubber with real rubber on top because sticking a needle through skin istraordarily hard to do. Skind of stuff, tough stuff, And I thought, I'll learn how to suitres because that's the sort of thing I'd like to know. So I ordered a couple of these. You can get these kits if you like, teach yourself how to stick yourself together or somebody else.
Speaker 2: I gives and the suits have got the suits have got knots in them?
Speaker 20: Have they?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 21: The real medicals so, but but when.
Speaker 2: You tie suchers, you're not it's not just like sewing. You actually tie knots over each Have you got that?
Speaker 6: Have you got?
Speaker 2: Have you got the kit yet?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 21: It never came, and I'm not certain, but I think it was probably intercepted. It's not something customers would I think they would worry about it if they opened up and go.
Speaker 10: He's not having this stuff because.
Speaker 21: It's just but too weird.
Speaker 2: I think you're not going to harm, and that you're not going to harm and then sell yourself up or anything. Are you're not doing anything like that?
Speaker 21: I'd so myself up if I cut myself. Okay, I wouldn't even blink at that, but I wouldn't catch anybody else with them?
Speaker 6: What would you?
Speaker 10: What would you?
Speaker 2: What would you use for anesthetics?
Speaker 21: I used to have a vial of novercaine that I've acquired from somehow that's long since God. But if you if you had an accident, you right at the start of it, you've got enough adrenaline in your system that you're not going to feel a lot of pain. So but no, am I like, I've cut out with my right arm, and then I can't say it up with my left hand because I right handed.
Speaker 2: But I'm sure if you said to them you're planning a big sea voyage, because I think that'd be one of the skills you need, wouldn't it if you're around the world.
Speaker 21: You're so yeah, Yeah, I suppose you're right.
Speaker 3: I never thought of that one.
Speaker 21: One of my unusual things that I did try and buy it by the stage would never arrive, which I've always been. I'm mildly sad.
Speaker 2: About how much were the self so chip.
Speaker 21: Currently there was a teat fifteen twenty bucks eat.
Speaker 2: And would you get more than one analog skin or was it just one thing? You could try and try it.
Speaker 21: Because you've got one skin and the already had a few lesions in it, but you had to think about five needles and a roll of silk.
Speaker 7: Oh.
Speaker 21: I had a set of four SIPs because to make them not you wrap the.
Speaker 2: Because you're more, you're more, You're more and more. See on the internet now reels or shows of surgeons practicing doing mccrame with four steps and stuff that I don't know if that's true. I don't know if they do they practice in to see their skills. I don't know how much they would do.
Speaker 21: Practice when they're a student. Yeah, and they would have exactly these sort of kids. I watched the student try and saw me up once after a bit of an operation, and they were She was shaking, and I had to say to her, is it because I'm watching? She says, yeah, the patients don't usually watch this stuff. Yeah, I said, the abbit little bit different?
Speaker 2: Did she did? She calm down, she got the job.
Speaker 21: I think she was under supervision. I think the head shregg took over it. I think I'll do some of these.
Speaker 2: I haven't thought about it, but it probably is quite thick to put your needle through.
Speaker 21: I was amazed that I was talking to the surgeon about it and said, oh, Yeah, that bit of effort to get the needle it so Yeah, especially the different parts of body will have different fitnesses. I want to try to where's the bloodbister by foot? And I had to use the second needle. Yeah, and again just there's no pain of Also, just like that's a great needle in your foot.
Speaker 2: I hope you get you get back on the settle and get your kits. I think you're getting great enjoyment from those.
Speaker 21: Yeah, sort of thing that I like.
Speaker 2: And then that could be your special skill, dB couldn't.
Speaker 21: It's something I could do at a party.
Speaker 3: You reckon?
Speaker 2: Yeah, actually looks together. Nice to talk to me, Thank you so much. So there's a really good question via tex someone might like to answer it. Just interesting. Can you explain why at this time of the night you'll find another frequency coming through? Is it to do with a demand or climatic conditions? Totally ignorant question. I can answer that I've answered before. Mark, I just can't remember, Marcus, is there international number to call it? My friend James wants to talk to you from Perth. He concerned Kiwi living abroad. Cheers bread. What's the overseas? It's just the same isn't it, Dan? But what how do people from overseas normally ring on they find on the website? Marcus, My specialty is my beautiful eyes. They can both go north and southwest at the same time. I love my cross eyes. Cheers Kristen Marcus. I finely believe that those people responsible William Lawson's race cu have been sabotage in the car week after week, not giving Lawson a fair go. My mother always said blue and green should ever be seen without a color in between. That's right, voys disliked that about the warrior is jouzy? But why at night the radio can be ferred further? Why at night radio reception is better? That's the question. If you want to answer that, give me a call. It bounces off the ionosphere. It tends to be better at night. AM is better at night because it tends to be better at night due to the change in the ionosphere, which acts are efflective layers. During the day, the D layer of the ionosphere absorbs the AMS signals, limiting their range. At night, this layer disappears, allowing signals to bounce off the remaining F layer and travel much further. Phenomenon called skywave propagation.
Speaker 10: There you go.
Speaker 2: It's probably FM, not AM, is it. But you'll get an AM station from somewhere else. You probably pick up the Dunedin or the Invocago one. That's why I often at night you'd be out camping, you'd pick up all sorts of radio stations around the world, around the world. It'll be bouncing on off the ionosphere as it does. Come on, Hit'll twelve. My name is Marcus. Welcome. So whatever you've got people. I love the text about the weird eyes. They've got i emoticons in the text, little googly eyes. Now someone's asked me about the t Rex sculpture and Lower Hut. I've never seen that.
Speaker 11: Where is that?
Speaker 2: Or the slide? You might want to talk about that? Oh yes, Oh it's fugly Colin. A giant steel t Rex will spend the rest of its life in a Lower Hut duck pond. The six ton sculptures built in as I May Hut Valley firms mcaulay Metals and Real Steel for Hut City Councils Highlight Festival twenty nineteen and it was auctionhit and off. Someone paid thirty three grand for it, but then if he brought it for his house, but then the sculpture was donated to the Hut Valley. Anyway, it's quite a comp a good story, but it's not in as good as the top word dinosaur, which is the pick of them. But if you wonder if you've got a special skill or something else you want to talk about tonight, Oh Ray May on Facebook has text me a picture you can now get up the Wars V energy drink original and one with how's thatana gu arana whatever? That may be some sort of space juice there.
Speaker 15: Evening.
Speaker 2: Pete Marcus, welcome here, good Pete.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I see you're struggling there, but don't jump on and give a bit of helping hands.
Speaker 7: And here we're going t moose.
Speaker 14: I've had a good experience. I put on very much from them. But what do you think of my safety belt in my car?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Sorry, what did you say?
Speaker 10: They?
Speaker 2: Pete?
Speaker 13: You?
Speaker 14: What uh on your on your safety belt? You have those little black buttons so the buckle doesn't go all the way in the bottom of your seat and you gotta you gotta fight to get it back up because you got to behind the door. And that's sort of thing so I thought, I give them a go.
Speaker 2: Hang on, are those buttons to stop you? Where are the buttons?
Speaker 14: Did a look on your on your seat belt? All cars have got them, when you know the buck where you put around your the plug into your the fush into your your seat belt, into the locks and maybe sit there. Heaven, it's a little I don't even know. They hadn't here until until That's until one came off when I thought I was pulling out to get out of the bottom of the door. There's a struggle. And don't you to be something about this?
Speaker 2: What happens if the buttons not there? I don't understand this.
Speaker 14: No, the the you know the back all the crown thing that puts over your shoulder into your clicking into your side of your seat.
Speaker 2: Oh that fulls that falls down? Does it?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 14: That little button comes up, then the buckle comes all the way down. It's a pain, you go that.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't even know what to call to order it.
Speaker 14: So they were going to they call them. They call them a secure I just called them secure buttons. But you go to rep coat they wont two dollars fifty for one just a little bit black button, you know, I thought, I'll try tenn and you can buy a peck for I think it was eight, and a peck for like they're special for three. That's three ninety nine plus delivery.
Speaker 18: Wow.
Speaker 11: So I thought, well, give it a go.
Speaker 14: And then they had a special if you buy too or you know, well I buy two, I get basically sixteen of them. I putting it using my life, but I thought for that price only cost me seven dollars for eighteen of them. It's going to cost me two dollars fifty for one.
Speaker 2: But there's a real irony here Pete too, because no one I've ever know has ever lost one of those buttons. It's probably something only happens once in a lifetime.
Speaker 14: Right, Yeah, it's pretty rare, like rip and it would have.
Speaker 2: Cost you two fifty to get one from Ripco. Instead you've spent seventeen dollars.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I suppose it's no, no, no, no, I got no, I got. There were three three dollars ninety I think for a pack of eight of them. So I thought, oh, well, and they've got two off and I'll get two of them, two packs of them. It's probably not good logic, sense of it, wasn't paying any delivery on them, so only cost me what But they eight backs for sixteen of them. So I thought, while I'll get two loss of a month, I've got friends, and then they even lose them, I'll just giveing in summer as well, you know. So, But the service was exceptional, like as soon as I bought them, as soon as I've paid them the money obviously much they get that first and then they said that it's cinderspatch now, and then they followed up and then to go through customs. I think all the stuff is then they've got to wear house and Auckland. I think I think it comes all the way from China. We're making money out of that. I think they've got to wear house in Auckland somewhere and then all the way through that's now it's in the now, it's gone to customs. Now, it's gone just left customs. And when it right to my door, the customer service was exceptional.
Speaker 2: And where will you put them so you know where they are next time you need them.
Speaker 14: I got special places for my my car parks. Going back about those trees, carrying those trees and sorry before girl got killed, but it's not like you said, Marcus, you use your eyes.
Speaker 7: It should be taught.
Speaker 2: Is that what they're talking about. That's yeah, that's a tragic thing. But yeah, no, I see that's what I didn't realize. They were a fair of debt thought going through Maine cities. Yeah, that should have been that should have been fenced off.
Speaker 14: Yeah, but you can't go around Captain all the trees man.
Speaker 11: Yes, you don't walk and next to.
Speaker 2: A school because people kids don't realize how fast trains are, if the if the railways are accessible.
Speaker 14: Oh yeah, as far as if it's close to the school, maybe for safety, I'll go along with the line.
Speaker 2: I don't really, I don't. Yeah, I don't really know the layout there. But that was that's something should have been done because it happened twelve years ago.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I agree to any around school to make it safe, more safe than they don't say they can be seen. I agreed to that totally. But you can't go around Captain all flaming trees down and look ugly if you cuddle the trees down, for it's just the way that you can't stop everything ken into the day.
Speaker 2: So why are they're cutting down the trees?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 14: Because they reckon. There were obviously in that particularly the part is with it, you know, appeeling your old got killed must be something to do with the dough worth, your hopeful or not being seen or something or whatever. You couldn't either train or whatever.
Speaker 2: But you just ca oh, I thought they said they were fencing it off.
Speaker 17: No, I think I know.
Speaker 14: I think I cut in the trees there.
Speaker 2: Okay, I've got to do some more research about that, Pete. But yeah, I appreciate you coming through about TIMS. Thank you for that. Kada'm it's Marcus. Greetings and welcome.
Speaker 11: Hi Marcus. I just wanted to talk about Team Movely. Yes, yes, I've had a couple of good experiences, you know, just getting little stuff like phone cases and things like that. And yeah, I think I've bought a couple of things. I can't really remember exactly what they were my first, you know, a couple of items, and then I kind of started experimenting, like I don't know, that's buying an electric streets brush or something like that. And it was kind of a bit disappointing later because I think certain items you've got to be careful, you know, they're just not up to Yeah, you know, the standard, but but they were really good. Like whatever I bought, you know, I wasn't happy with it, and I kind of just you just go on the app and you know, let them know and then they kind of just gave me the refund. I mean, you get a credit back, you know to buy something else.
Speaker 2: So did you see the elect did you see the electric toothbrush back?
Speaker 11: No, they didn't because it was my first time, you know, like saying, well, it was just awful. I mean, you know, I mean it was only ten dollars, but as opposed to a fifty one hundred dollars or be you know, electric ones. Yes, and this was just like it wasn't strong, you know, like it was just too weak, like you know, it wasn't powerful and that's annoying. Yeah, yeah, it just wasn't you know, it was but it was only ten dollars, but I was not going to use it.
Speaker 2: And I was like, so what what but career, what what did you see back?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 2: I haven't because okay, anything, so you don't know what's sending backs like because you haven't done it yet.
Speaker 11: No, but I don't I don't know if they I mean, I know i've heard some people before on the talk back or mentioned it, but I don't know if they really bother because it's not really worth it for them to send a package and take it back. I suppose so they kind of I mean, they're just to take a photo of it and download it on the app and just give you a credit back. I don't know how many how many times they do that, but I think, you know, a couple of times. I think they probably let you get away with it, you know, if you're not happy with it, but if you keep taking advantage of it, they might want it back. I don't know. I don't know how I think.
Speaker 2: I think with most retail now, with it's the couriers are so expensive, no one ever wants you anything. They just don't want to say they want you to destroy it.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, I mean I think it's just de beds watch you buy on there, and it's I would say it's a hidden myths, but some things are kind of you know. But it's also the wait time, like it's not too long, but it's still like you know, you can't just go down the road and get a phone case. You know, you're still got to wait for a week. You know if you can't get instantly. So because I don't do any other online shopping. You know, I'm not a fan of online shopping. No, you know, I'll just go to Dress Smart or you know, you just go get it on the day, you know, go you go on a sale and you know you still find good prizes over here if you you know, go to the right places. So, yeah, I don't go and shop everything on Tamu or you know, I'm not a big fan of t.
Speaker 2: Have you built clothes on it?
Speaker 11: No, no, I don't. I don't think I would do that because you know, because as you know, it's sizes and everything. It's bad enough.
Speaker 2: Going even into the shop, yes you're saying it. Yeah, No, I think the materials would be kind of yeah. I can't see myself buying clothes on there.
Speaker 11: No, I think I think it's okay for certain things. You know what phone cases really interesting because instead of spending like fifty one hundred dollars on a phone case here, like you know, with wallets and chains and all sorts of things, you know, I mean, they do have some stuff like for ten or twenty dollars, you know what I mean, Like, but you just got to pick the right items, and then you might not be happy with some.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was listening to an article about someone in America, like who is the mother of a like a young girl, like a teenage or a teeny girl thirteen for I forget, forget the age, and just what the purchasing habits of the teen girls in America is, like buying skirts for like six dollars and just you know, every day this stuff coming in. But what's happened now is that Trump is that Trump's put the kibosh on it because there was there used to be there used to be some rule that you could that you could there was an eight turn dollar limit on things that could be important for free. I'm not quite sure why that rule existed, but they've got rid of that. So actually wish I could work out what were Anyway, it's been it's been nice to talk, so I thank you for that year, Lois. It's Marcus. Good evening, good evening, Marcus.
Speaker 15: That mean that just hung up? I presumely just hung up talking about Yes, he wouldn't buy clothes off? What's wrong with the closed off? By all my cloth?
Speaker 2: I think he said, Lois. I think he said that it's hard to work out sometimes sizings because he might have a different he might be an awkward size.
Speaker 15: Yeah, well I'm an awkward size. But no I buy. I buy all my those team or my underwear. Everything all comes off tim And there's nothing wrong.
Speaker 6: With the material.
Speaker 2: Okay, well.
Speaker 15: Yep, and I'll tell you what it's. It's core of the price. Take anywhere else?
Speaker 2: Does it take you a while to get your sizing right?
Speaker 15: No, just I bought I bought something. I've bought something and it was too tight, so I went up the size and now I'm disordered.
Speaker 2: I've got the size, and oh you'll be very you'll be very happy.
Speaker 15: I've mean that too much on Timmu. And I tell you a good thing too, Marcus. You should get on Timu because you've got two little children.
Speaker 5: How are your kids nine and eleven?
Speaker 10: Yeah, well, there you go.
Speaker 15: She'll be buying the Christmas presents because at this time of the year, team, who's having all these big sales?
Speaker 6: I just bought my grand daughter.
Speaker 15: She won't bet she won't be listening. Now you're done any three, So it's goun be in bed.
Speaker 2: You'd hope she wanted wanted a truck.
Speaker 15: She wanted a truck. She's she's a deady boy, and he's got to her father's got my son's got a lean drove. I don't know, len drover, I don't know what you have got so old? And she thinks it's marvelous. She gets the screwdriver and she's inside the thing and she's growing this and I'm fixing it, and then I'm fixing it. Then case But no, Now, what was I going to tell you? What was I talking about?
Speaker 2: Tim two at the kids and buying stuff with the kids and Christmas presents?
Speaker 7: Yep?
Speaker 15: Yeah, well I got I got this big, quite big, and it's metal and it's good, it's not it's not a cheap I think cost me about thirty five bucks or something, and a big team was truck. Yeah, you know you could buy things. You need to look on your phone, get TIMO on your phone and look, because you can get cheap things now and put them away from your kids for Christmas.
Speaker 2: But you yourself said you're hooked and buying far too much junk.
Speaker 15: Right, No, I don't want junk. I didn't say I by junk what I buy too much? I'd see this and I see that, and that's a good idea like that, so I buy that.
Speaker 2: Like what sort of things?
Speaker 5: I bought this torch?
Speaker 10: I bought this torch.
Speaker 2: I don't know why I bought exactly. That's what I'm interested. Are you going caving?
Speaker 15: It's got four bulbs in the front of it. Ye, ridiculous And it doesn't and it doesn't here, it's not ridiculous. It's got more powers and what you and you and you put it in like your phone, you put it on the charger.
Speaker 2: So you going caving?
Speaker 15: Yeah? I think I'm might.
Speaker 2: You made my night, Lois, you made my night. Thank you for that?
Speaker 10: There we go.
Speaker 2: I think that's lowis. It's got the problem with Scott Robertson, doesn't it? See the Yeah, brilliant Jeepers Kriefers twenty six to twelve. I've worked out why the whole thing happened with us talking to that guy or Carem about the about how kids in America just buy so much stuff on those things like shining things like that because the clothes are so cheap. You've got a tween or a teenage girl, like six or seven dollars for a like a boob tube or a scot Yeah, something like that, the sort of fashion that kids want for them all. But in the thirties in America, they had a law passed called the deminimus exemption. And deminimus means too small to matter. And it's because that small items it's not worth collecting customs for because it's more hassle than it's worth. And I think the limit originally was ten dollars, but it got increased to eight hundred dollars. And it means that shipments bound for an American business and consumers very under eight hundred dollars per person twenty the US are free of duty and taxes. So that was the whole way that companies like Shine and m Ali Baba and Temu worked so well in America. But what Trump has done is he's got rid of the deminimous exemption.
Speaker 6: Yep.
Speaker 2: So that's the way. So all those companies now won't be able to sell this stuff to the state. But dominimus means I think some of you will know what the Latin means. It's been a while sinceided Latin deminimus of minimal importance or so small as to be disregarded.
Speaker 1: For more from Marcus slash Nights. Listen live to News Talk Set B from eight pm weekdays, or follow the podcast on iHeartRadio