Speaker 1: Live from the Export Beer Garden studio that has been transported a mystery creek for the Field Days. This is the Agenda Podcast for Wednesday the twelfth, a.
Speaker 2: Journeys The Agenda Podcast, the home of sporting nonsense.
Speaker 3: And claf trap, brought to you by Export a Vulture. Well, welcome into the Gender Podcast.
Speaker 1: Live from Field Days, as we mentioned, and live also from the Snacker Chaney Chip stall at the Field Days.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, that's right. We're in the pantry at the Field Days. This is the rural week of weeks, the days of days that have nights of nights. Every single anyone who's associated with the rural industry is here, including Snack Chaney as.
Speaker 1: Hill Billy super Bowl and it's a real honor and a privilege to be down here. We are dressed to the nines. Yeah, potentially overdressed. We've already been chairped as well. Great fashion ar You've been chipped. I have been chipped. I was a TV one reporter. I think Allzy news Hope on her double windsack. He we were just walking around the field and lay on YouTube. Herman said, oh how come you're not dressed up for the occasion. Then he turned around and pointed out that my gum boots are actually spotless clean. Yeah, I'm gonna be honest with you. I actually bought these and so happy last year. We're driving around a at that we gave away at the halftime show. This is probably the second time these have been worn. And it did cross my mind this morning to steal my missus gumboots because they're dirty, because I know it's a massive faux pa to turn up and clean gum boots.
Speaker 4: It's also the gum boots thing. I mean, the last time I came to the field days here at Mister Creek. You know, I'm born and bred from in the Tron and we used to come when we were kids, and it used to be an absolute bog. Yeah, it was basically like walking through a paddock and ankle deep mud, and so gum boots were compulsory. But it's come a long way in the last twenty five years, and the streets are tar seal, the streets are packed with gold, paved with gold that you don't need gum boots. As soon as we put our gun boots on and we thought we'd fit in, I walked in and it took me fifteen minutes to find some other people in gum boot.
Speaker 1: No, everyone's got sneakers. There's a lady walking past us right now with pink bright pink shoes on his lips on the side. She just teared that into a pink side bag. That's not rural or is that a rural day out? It feels to me like it might be a rural day out. She's also going to a name Bear John. I think she's working here.
Speaker 3: She's a Carol. She's Carol.
Speaker 1: I just seen she's a Carol, as we said at the Snacker Changey store. So Lee Hart is here and he's dishing out vinegar and salt chips to the masses. He's getting absolutely water boarded by over one that comes past them.
Speaker 3: He has a Snacker Changy themed swan dry on. I know. He said it's scratchy though. We'll have it. We'll have a chat to him later on. Yeah, we were in the potty, but.
Speaker 1: Great deal down here at the Snacker change not an ad, but you can get I think five bags of chips, a bag and a Snacker.
Speaker 3: Chang your hat here twenty hark.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a reasonable deal if you're coming down to the Field Days again. This is not an ad, but yes, we'll grab yourself and grab yourself a deal.
Speaker 3: I'll come down and check it out.
Speaker 1: I think my first observation of coming down to the Field Days today is that we got lost immediately, And my second observation was so did everyone else?
Speaker 3: Yes, there was it.
Speaker 4: I find it easier to navigate the London Underground van Mystery Creek because there every there's just a truck, like a truck or a tractor stand. Every there's no street signs. They're written on the ground on the floor and it's letters, so K L M and someone going meet you on the corner of L and M.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, I'm no, I don't know why. That's what that is? Is episode the v Hoff Saul, where are we going with this?
Speaker 4: I must have met Also, Field Days has this kind of pine chip scent about it, like it's almost like a sandalwood smell, because every stall has about I reckon ten to twenty cubic meters of chip, yes, underneath it. I mean, how many pinus radiata I had to die for this Field Days.
Speaker 3: I've had to clear out a few paddocks to get this one going.
Speaker 1: I think, I'm sure it's all going to be reused for carving in the spring. Being sure, yep, things like that. Sustainability is such a focus of the rural community. But this, like I said, as we look out right now, grated, we are inside one of the stalls, one of the sort of sheds, but it is bumper to bumper traffic. People are absolutely everywhere.
Speaker 4: Also, another thing you mentioned around field days is obviously gum boots are crucial, preferably dirty, but prizes.
Speaker 3: Prizes everywhere.
Speaker 1: Free shit that is the hallmark of any amp show, and particularly the field days.
Speaker 3: There is so much free shit. People have bags.
Speaker 1: Look, this guy over here has got three plastic bags, massive like duffle bag sized bags, full of shit, full of free shit. It is as we record this quarter to one in the afternoon, this.
Speaker 4: Guy here has got two inflatable hammers sticking out of his bag. What's he doing with them? Like he's thirteen years old. You don't need an inflatable hammer.
Speaker 1: Somewhere around here will be a carnival that will be plying their trade, and he is one presumably, you know, usually that's one for you, your partner or your care okay, but he obviously sands partner, sands kids. So he's just walking around with an inflatable hammer in his bag. The stockstick, which is out april of any any agricultural show as out in full force.
Speaker 3: You actually tried to steal one off a party. I didn't try and steal one.
Speaker 4: You know, everyone knows what the kid it's the orange kettle browed from Gallagher's. It was lying in the sawdust, it was, and I looked around, no one was around, and I picked it up and I said I got mine, and unfortunately described as a heavily autistic gentleman made a beeline for me and said, excuse me, sir, may I have my stick? And I'm like, yeah, of course you can't, mate. He was frantic. Oh my, but he obviously lift it there. I just picked it up, and I got accused of stealing it. I was I didn't steal it, mate, I just picked it up off the chip. You've left it here and by the way, them free. So just relaxed a little bit. Just calm down, mate. But I am now officially twenty two QR codes deep on every stand because he got the QR code. You're into it you give them your data and then you go on the drawer to when like a bag of jelly.
Speaker 3: Beans or something hamper van for a week. Yeah like that. So I'm looking to hit the hit the HONDI.
Speaker 4: I'm looking to raise the bat and the helmet here at the field Days, I'm going to enter at least one hundred. I've got my I've got my competition email. Do you have the competition email? No, because you got you usually got your professional work one, yes, and then a personal one and then a personal one. I've got my competition one. So basically I opt.
Speaker 3: In for everything, everything I OpEd in on, and I put it into that sixty Gmail.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, big foroury sixty nine at Gmail.
Speaker 3: How do you know that? I know you will. It's my that's my competition one.
Speaker 4: So today at the field Day's big forty sixty nine at Gmail is going to enter. I'm going to hit the HONDI. I'm going to raise the helmet and the bat. Yeah, stocks Dirk to everyone and the geese cut out.
Speaker 3: And I do it every time. I do it at the boat show and I have not won a single thing.
Speaker 1: So no, but that is another hallmark of the field Days. It's entering as many competitions as you possibly can. Yeah, and then, like you say, you inevitably spend the next couple of months just deleting emails trying to find the fucking unsubscribed thing. Haven't the emails are going to send me.
Speaker 4: That's why you need a competition email. It's the way forward. But the Snacky CHENI stand here, is going off and I'm going to have a go on the claw machine. They've got a Snacker Chaney claw machine where you can have a hornet, you know, plooring some some chips, catch a changy.
Speaker 1: It's called catch a cheney. I don't mind that on a catch a chany. He's dropping it from a drone. Oh that is even more terrifying trying to catch that.
Speaker 3: Oh no, you can win the drone. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't know what's going on. It is heaving there. The bags are flying out, Leehart. He is pushing chips like no one's pushed chips in his life. He's just digging into the salt and vinegars. He's biffing them to the crowd. He looks dangerously hot in that Snacker Chaney's swan dry as well.
Speaker 1: He does, he's been absolutely pinned down. We're in the corner of the Bleederslow shed and it's just absolute bedlam.
Speaker 3: He couldn't get out of here if he tried.
Speaker 1: As I said, it's quarter for one in the afternoon and it's already just absolutely heaving. One of my favorite things that I mentioned at the top is the fashion show yes at the at the Field days, because it really is. There's people who they want to wear their Sunday biss yep, because they're going into town. A lot a lot of these guys it's their first time off FUM. A lot of other guys want to make it look like they couldn't give a ship that they hear, ye, and so they'll wear their work clothes yep, just to let people know, Hey, I actually do you know I work on the land.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then here we are with clean gun boots and soft hands.
Speaker 3: Don't they couldn't swing an act. Don't don't do.
Speaker 4: Not bespirch my All Blacks branded gum boots that have seen action in the backyard mowing my tin meter square lawn.
Speaker 1: Okay to say they are a little bit dirty, but it's not dirt, it's such is it.
Speaker 3: It's it's grass.
Speaker 4: But don't you don't, don't you know come at me with that people in glasshouses. We did have to give up our blazers and our seay the ships for a cheese cutter in a Swanye.
Speaker 3: I'm sweeting here as well. It is so hot in here. There's a floral orange camouflage. Ye, he doesn't care. He's just finish hunting. Yes he is.
Speaker 4: That guy's selling drugs with front the front, fanny package across the front.
Speaker 1: He's got the side bag. He's also got fingerless gloves.
Speaker 3: Oh, he looks like Coyle Mills. He looks like a rural Coyle Mills. Yeah, does it a little bit?
Speaker 1: And then a bright white Nike cap with a silver thing on it. One of my favorite things as we're standing here is you can spot the Lee Heart fans they walk by.
Speaker 4: Spotted them, and there's a couple of boys over there. I've spotted them. They don't want to come over just yet.
Speaker 3: Abiding that time before they punish them.
Speaker 4: He's getting chirped, and he's getting chirped. New jobs. Your new job is it selling hips?
Speaker 5: Is?
Speaker 3: Like, yep, it is.
Speaker 1: We've only seen half of the stalls so far, what's spent your favorite that you've seen?
Speaker 4: I must admit there was a cow feeding operation and to show the flow within the cow feeder, the car feeder, they put thousands of beer pong balls in there, colorful beer, and then there swirling around was mesmerized.
Speaker 1: It was mesmerizing. I presume you could pick one of those out and win a prize.
Speaker 3: It was I don't know.
Speaker 1: I didn't see, but I presume that that's a big part of the culture is winning prizes.
Speaker 3: So you have to you'd have to think, so you you anyone, anyone stick out for you?
Speaker 1: Again, not an ad but the ag rebalance, the balance agri nutrients. Tell me he was heaving at about ten o'clock when we got here, and I can only presume that they're in there talking about agricultural nutrients at ten o'clock in the morning. That was just absolutely going off. I couldn't really understand why, because you walk in there, they're not serving beer or anything.
Speaker 4: No, I think it was free food. This my stranger sight so far was seeing a gentleman get his his prosthetic leg reattached by his mate and he was in the middle of the park and it wasn't a wheelchair. It was like a little cotability scooter. Try to try it was like a tricycle. And he was sitting back and his mate was just pounding way and I was like, like he was ramming a fence bus.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he was ramming his fake leg back on and he.
Speaker 1: And everyone was just walking parts like that was normally powerful stuff. Wait, as I said, we've only seen half of what there is, not even that seats. So after this podcast we're going to go and have a look around a little bit more. You can see all of that stuff on the Instagram story. I think we're going to take a quick break here, so if we can't wrangle Lee Heart to come and have a yarn and explain what he's up to.
Speaker 4: You talk about a sport, maybe he should We cover off any sport. We'll cover off a bit day, isn't it right? We'll do sport first, then we'll try and wrestle Lee Heart. So quick break, we'll be right back. So in the world of sport playing, there's plea going on.
Speaker 1: There's a Cricket World Cup, Super Rugby's into the semi finals.
Speaker 3: Shawn Johnson's back.
Speaker 1: We'll get to all of that, But the biggest story that I wanted to cover off is that Joey Chestnut has been banned from the Nathan's.
Speaker 3: Hot Dog Eating contest.
Speaker 1: He's a fourteen time champion of that event, and it's something to do with the sponsored debacle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he has.
Speaker 4: He has taken on a sponsorship from a vegan hot dog and it has rocked the.
Speaker 3: Competitive eating world.
Speaker 4: And he has been banned from the July fourth of July, the Classic American hot Dog eating competition, throwing out unceremoniously because he has now been sponsored by a vegan hot dog manufacturer, which just shows how passionate they are are.
Speaker 1: Anti yeah, anti vegan. So he's released a statement on Instagram. Very dis wanted to learn from the media today, didn't even get contacted directly that after nearly twenty years, I'm banned from Nathan's Fourth of July hot Dog Eating Counties. I love competing at that event. I've been trained to defend my title because Kobe Yashi retired the other day, so that's his main widow. Yeah, he said, rest assured that you will see me eat again soon. Stay tuned, and stay hungry. I think I think this works itself out before the fourth of July, don't you.
Speaker 4: It has to because you can't. You can't kick him out just because he's sponsored. He's not going to get on stage and just eat vegan sausages. So he's going to have to smash the vegan hotties. Yeah, he's not gonna. But just because of a sponsorship deal, it's all political.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 4: How I want to hair trigger is Nathan's fourth of July hot dog eating competition.
Speaker 1: I don't think they realize how much they need him. That's gone global because of him.
Speaker 4: That Vegan Sausage company, I don't even who they are, but I'm talking about them and their hot dog company. That is the greatest sponsorship of an athlete, that's right of all time.
Speaker 1: And I think they've got their bank for buck. They'll probably milk it. What's the date today, the twelfth. I've got another two weeks to milk this. Yeah, and then after that they go, all right, we've had our love, we've got our carverage, jumped them, we've done them. Oh sensational them. It doesn't meet our brand guidelines anymore. So we've done them. He's now free to participate. Then they make good afterwards, after he wins his fifteenth title, Yep, fills it up again. I think Joe Chestnut, they can't have that competition without him.
Speaker 3: I love Joe Chestnut in the fact that he knows how to find a headline.
Speaker 4: Remember when he dropped head locked and dropped that protester Vada. Yeah, last year he was talking about, oh, God knows what.
Speaker 1: Smithfield's death though apparently I don't know what that's about. But yeah, mid competition, he's got a mouthful of Glizzie and he's uh, and he's choking Darth Vader out. He's, like I said, he that competition is nothing without Joe Chestnut. I couldn't name the second person he beat last.
Speaker 3: Time, Matt Well here was.
Speaker 4: I think I might have misnamed Kobe Yashi the other one because it was the Black Widow, who was the female Japanese one. She was called the Black Widow. She retired as well. So, but you know, maybe it's time for someone else to come through the rink.
Speaker 3: We've lost a few great ones.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I've always wondered with niche sports like this.
Speaker 1: I feel like the best athletes always end up in the highest paying sports. So, for example, whoever won gold at the Olympics last time. I don't think is the highest jumper in the world. I think Lebron James would probably beat him, but he gets paid a billion dollars to go and play basketball in stit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right.
Speaker 1: I wonder if an NFL alignment would beat Joey Chess Joe chessa if he trained for it.
Speaker 4: I've had to say, yeah, if he trained, because I think there's a skill in the one by two by swallower water.
Speaker 3: Yes, like well, it would also be how much water do you go?
Speaker 1: Because you don't want to fill up on water, As anyone who's been to a buffet nose, you don't want to fill up on breed or spuds.
Speaker 3: That's where they get you. That is where they get you. You just want to go straight meat. I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's something in the neighborhood of sixty odd hot dogs that is to eat oh, to win that title. I don't know how you would even qualify for that. I don't know what the training is. It can't be too intensive because none of them are fair. Yeah, that's why I think they're belieming.
Speaker 4: Another inflatable hamm has just gone past here at the field days.
Speaker 3: We need to go hit we do hey?
Speaker 4: World Cup T twenty World Cup news. Pakistan have finally got a win on the board, the beating Canada by seven wickets, as.
Speaker 1: They should, but also not a fullgone conclusion. The way this World Cups got.
Speaker 4: No well, you know they made hard work of it. They only got to those runs in the third to last over. But in T twenty that's pretty comfortable. So Pakistan keeping their chances slightly alive because if the USA win the rest of their matches, then they are gone, similar to New Zealand.
Speaker 1: Because who else is in their pool? Because it isn't too farf okay, India put Pakistan in their own pool. Yeah, I try and knock them out earlier, presume they beat.
Speaker 3: Them in the weekend in New York when India defeated one hundred and nineteen.
Speaker 4: So New Zealand tomorrow at twelve thirty tomorrow are playing West Indies.
Speaker 1: And this is due or die and it's so sad to be that game two we already do a die. My missus asked me on the couch last night, she goes, how we going on.
Speaker 3: The Cricket World Cup? Do we suck? I was like, well, no, look, we don't not yet. We don't suck. She goes to, how did it go? Look, we did we lost? Okay, she's like, who do I was.
Speaker 1: Like Afghanistan, she goes, So the Taliban beat us in game one and now we're already facing elimination against the home team, which is one of the more ridiculous things.
Speaker 3: It's saying that.
Speaker 4: And you know, we gathered together with the Black Cap supporter support group on the Sunday and we talked about it, and we've been through this emotion before Eden World Cups. We always scrape into the playoffs always. We never cruised through the only time we ever cruised through was twenty fifteen at home when we blitzed everyone. That is the only time we have ever dominated. The rest of the time we've relied on where there a bit of farting through, but you know, no result here in the air.
Speaker 3: So look, all is not lost.
Speaker 4: However, we are playing the Westerndies at home at Trinida and Tobago tomorrow at midday. If we lose that game, we're all but done up pretty much. Because Afghanistan have to beat I think they've already beaten Uganda and they have to beat p up in New Guinea.
Speaker 3: Don't beat those guys.
Speaker 1: We will do, yes, But so it all ches on the Windys. And even if we beat the Windys, couldn't it still come down.
Speaker 4: To potentially yeah, because we were one three year could be run rate run.
Speaker 1: Rate, which would just be absolutely disastrous. The only thing that gives me any confidence is I've always said the West Indies have the weakest home field advantage because it's none of their homes. No, because the West Indies, I don't know, if you've ever seen a map before, it's not a country. It is a group of countries who are all amalgamate only for crickets.
Speaker 4: That's why I think when West Indies line up for their national anthem, yeah.
Speaker 3: It should be I don't lack crickett dens. I think they're in.
Speaker 4: But it doesn't matter though, doesn't matter because how the hell do you get an anthem that all of those countries, of which half of them hate each other. Yes, So the politics within West Indies creer is insane.
Speaker 3: I reckon, I reckon.
Speaker 1: There's only one man that could unite all of them, and that is Robert NESSA Marley.
Speaker 3: If they played Bob Marley. Yeah, that would be so that would bring them together. You could play.
Speaker 1: They wouldn't even need an anthem. They play a different song every time. They're just be doing the knees as well.
Speaker 3: One of them just scam in that a bucket hats on. They throw their dreadlocks out.
Speaker 1: I think that's the only thing that could unite them. And short of that, I don't see them having a massive home advantage.
Speaker 3: Have they brought all of.
Speaker 1: Their big guns for the Worlds up, because for the last few years none of the main players have been playing for the Wendy's.
Speaker 4: They're all there and they've got this dangerous left arm spinner, as I mentioned the other day, can bowl this dangerous arm ball which is almost an in swinging armball, and he's got so many wickets so far and.
Speaker 3: I am terrified for Finelluen.
Speaker 4: He loves to back away and slash that through the covers. And this guy he opens the bowling for the West Indies and he is signed. He is he is designed to clean bowl. Finale was made in a lab.
Speaker 1: What I have always wondered, because you know how if you're a spin bowler, you can't just run in and bowl pace randomness. You can you can, well you had to like signal, you can't have to you're still right arm over yeah right, I don't say right arm off spin. So he's just I mean the cue is whether the keeper suddenly goes twenty meters back it runs for the hills.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 4: Famously, Dan Vettori injured himself in club cricket in Hamilton bowling pace and he had to make up some injury annyway here me talking about this, but he'd come steaming. He was originally a pace bowler. Yes, broke his back in a car accident at school.
Speaker 3: Are you driving? No comment?
Speaker 4: And and so he can actually bowl quite quick, and so he decided to bowl at a pace in club cricket and he ended up injuring himself out of action for about three months.
Speaker 3: Oh, and had to make up some sort.
Speaker 4: Of heard heard it in the nets. And everyone's like nana. He was playing for Star Varsity in Hamilton.
Speaker 1: Everyone's talking about it every single social media.
Speaker 4: Just I mean, if it happened now, some asshole would have filmed it and put it and put it on Facebook and.
Speaker 3: Be all over social media.
Speaker 1: Which I've got another off field NRL scandal yes, to bring to your attention. Yes, I think we had a sting for it, but because we're on the road, I don't think we'll be able to play.
Speaker 3: But Adam can throw it in here.
Speaker 1: Adam chucking this thing here? Yeah, great, I've forgotten what it was. Brandon Smith Key's hooker, Rooster's hooker. He has been stood down this week.
Speaker 3: The cheese.
Speaker 1: The heckt the cheese because he plays like a runaway block of cheese down at the old gloss of cheese roll, which was just the other week last week. By the way, he has been stood down this week. He will not be playing for the Roosters. He missed a team meeting and I don't think so he's The official story is that he was out with family, celebrating with family. It didn't realize that the meeting was on and that's why he missed it. Did buy that at all. So he's not playing with them next year. He's moving on.
Speaker 3: No, he has a extension.
Speaker 1: He's got another year option on his contract, which as far as I believe, he has picked up. It's for eight hundred and fifty thousand dollars. So he's going to be taking that option. His management put out a statement this morning saying, as far as we know, he's still playing, he's committed to the club, blah blah blah. The fact that his management have to put out a statement saying, as far as we know, he's playing for the club next year, that doesn't fill me with confidence. Also, I don't think you get stood down when you're a star player for missing one meeting. I think you get like a fine or you know, you get told off.
Speaker 3: He's still get named. He's smelling a rat here.
Speaker 1: I'm smelling a rat here. I think that there's something going on. I think that there's more to the story.
Speaker 4: Do you think it may be the AFL preemptive cover up? Oh, the AFL drug testing where they drag test him and then they.
Speaker 1: Go, hey, yeah you got a saw a leg. Yes, stand down for a couple of weeks so you're out of the Yeah. No, Because I think if it was the AFL style, like you said, they go out with.
Speaker 3: A nondescript injury. Ah, okay, they'll be like adduct there.
Speaker 4: Or maybe they've just a depth with the I mean NRL, their innovative. Maybe we can adopt that, but we just need to maybe we make it a disciplinary thing, like like meeting like edwinth and Blake didn't sing the song song it's bingched Yeah.
Speaker 3: And now he's back. The thing is, I do believe that.
Speaker 1: I believe that edit Vanua Blake's story because that is a beneable offense. I think walking out on the team song, it's like come on in the team or not missing a team meeting.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't know, but he has been stood down.
Speaker 1: I wonder if maybe we've's the set of precedent and now other teams are like he did his best player.
Speaker 3: We're going to have to do it.
Speaker 1: All I know is if they don't offer from another contract next year, come play with the Warriors.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely, we would love to have. The hectic cheese will be great. I mean, he's Wahiki Island's finest. Yes, he is come home. And how these chips are flying out the door, Melissa here on the shelf, just throwing them over the shewf twenty bucks, five packets, a bag and a bucky.
Speaker 1: That's ridiculous, a bucket hat to be it, yep, nothing nothing underward going on it and the claw machines in fullifick and really refreshing to see not rigged.
Speaker 3: No, because and also came on, look she did win.
Speaker 6: She's won.
Speaker 4: I mean saying that it's she won two. Yeah, so look at that, not rigged and she.
Speaker 3: Gets them into one another price. You can't get a wrong spirit of field.
Speaker 1: That's just Finally, on rugby league, Sean Johnson was as predicted named in the teams. They listened to you, they listened to me. There's no headache. Sean Johnson is the best halfback that we have. He's going to be on the field. Everyone was saying, oh, they're going to have to drop to mighty Martin. You put them both on the field totally. And a player having a good run of form is not a bad thing. I don't know why we always have the panic button.
Speaker 3: Well we got him too, good players, what are we going to do? Good to see about it and have them play.
Speaker 1: So they are playing this weekend against the Melbourne Storm where they haven't beaten in about nine years over there in Melbourne.
Speaker 4: We're at home though, are we know where home? So yeah, yeah, we are a home game.
Speaker 1: Tony Lyle is in Melbourne this weekend and he's like, oh sme, I'll go watch the Warriors home game, so we'll be commentating that one live on Scottswood.
Speaker 4: No, that's it's another super super Saturday with the Hurricanes. Chief's monnat at four point thirty. Yes, straight and to the Warrior storm.
Speaker 3: Should we get have to take a break and get Lee Hart in here because I think he needs a break. He does need a break.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go wrestling. Let's go save Leehart will be right backer.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 3: Well, a very special welcome into the podcast. Lee Lee.
Speaker 1: You have been absolutely hammered out there giving away these ships.
Speaker 5: That's absolute madness here at field. Now it's poetry in motion watching this, watching this happen. Giving away these samples. You've got a choice of salted or vinegar and salt. As you know, we put the vinegar in first, so a lot of people can't handle the vinegar. No.
Speaker 3: I found that.
Speaker 1: We had a guy over here just before and he said, you didn't want it unless the salt win in first.
Speaker 3: Do you find that a bit.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we do get a bit of that.
Speaker 5: But our job here with samples, I suppose we like to think once people I take a changing on having her back, so key is to give as many people as sample as possible, and that it poots babies like come.
Speaker 3: Off at your mass.
Speaker 5: No. No, often you'll think of three months or like a one month old baby. So probably can't handle a chip, you know, that could be dangerous. But if mum's breastfeeding and she eats that the vinegar and sold especially that flavors should diffuse.
Speaker 6: Through the breast milk out of nipple to the child.
Speaker 3: Does the vinegar curdle the milk at all? Not?
Speaker 5: If it's click if you wait too long, then it's a good persion. By the way, you know a lot of people don't ask that.
Speaker 3: It's a great questions.
Speaker 6: On the back of the pack, it actually.
Speaker 5: Says viniggar will not curdle the milk if you if it's used within a certain time frame.
Speaker 6: But like normal milk, you leave it.
Speaker 4: Out long enough, it's it's going to So what you're saying is if if you are breastfeeding, to eat and express or feed the baby within half an hour, Yes, within.
Speaker 5: A half an hour, and you can refrigerate that milk would probably give it another ten ten minutes.
Speaker 6: But I reckon.
Speaker 5: The idea is if as you're eating the chips, you should be rest feeding pace, throwing straight through.
Speaker 3: Okay, you don't want to leave it siting in there.
Speaker 5: No, No, you don't want it because you're right, I mean, vinegar and even the salts will start to Don't get me started on the barbecue them, you know what, or the spice chili.
Speaker 1: You know, that's sort of a mess statis issue at that point, Really, isn't that?
Speaker 5: You don't have to be a three month old baby or two to enjoy snack check. We're really targeting normal people, people, normal people, adults.
Speaker 3: You know you've.
Speaker 1: Been down here for a couple of hours already. Is this your first time down at the Field Days?
Speaker 5: No, I've been a number of few days over over my my, I'm just going to take career. But that's a stretch over the last ten twenty years. It always gets bigger and better, doesn't. There's hundreds of thousands of people here. More than hundreds, there's thousands of people here.
Speaker 3: There's dozens of people here years.
Speaker 5: I mean, it took us ages to find even the soul to guys ages to find it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the hallmark going to the Field days is getting lost. We've actually been.
Speaker 1: Down here together before with Hodaki back in the day of course, where Jason Hoyt got on the mechanical ball in the mechanical boat and he lasted about half a rotation before he slid off.
Speaker 6: Was it even that? It was?
Speaker 5: You know, I think he got on it and the guy was about to start the thing. He just kind of slid off the front because like he was.
Speaker 6: I've never seen anything like that.
Speaker 1: It was one of the saddest things that I've seen because he just slid off rigid as a board. Yeah, and everyone, you know, usually when someone gets on it, everyone's cheering and everyone just sort of.
Speaker 5: Like, oh, you know, if if you've ever watched old movies where they do like a sleaperial and when they saw a slide a dead body off that of the boat on a like board, Yes, it's kind of like that.
Speaker 6: He just kind of slid off.
Speaker 5: It was.
Speaker 4: Matt Ward has that footage and I think I think this, we'll put it out again, stick it on this pod. Yeah we will, Well, we'll put it out on the on the Instagram. Is potentially You're right, it is the sliding off of a body.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was that.
Speaker 5: The those guys could be down here on Friday. I think are they doing their show down here front of it.
Speaker 3: They are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so maybe maybe we're gonna need to re give them another chance.
Speaker 3: On their ball might come down and gate crash that get if.
Speaker 1: We could get the same ball and Jason a showdown with l Diablo, Well it out once again.
Speaker 6: Certainly wasn't a big what do you call it? Promo for extreenness of small?
Speaker 3: Was it?
Speaker 1: Although having said that, that same night someone brought in an eight armed funnel that he called the octopus into the bar and got eight people around it to drink out of the out of the that was probably.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 1: There was also a boat race involved there, so it was it was absolute Carnegie and I remember the boat race we did again that we did I think we wanted actually, And when I woke up in the morning, I came into your room and you had your phone in in a bucket.
Speaker 3: You're playing music yep, and Jimmy Barnes. I think it might have been the Beatles.
Speaker 6: So I'm notice in the.
Speaker 5: Bucket, Andy bucket wasn't I wasn't washing my well, I.
Speaker 1: Don't think so, none at that time, but I think it was more of a amplification.
Speaker 5: Very early form, you know, it's probably before your time because you know there was always uey booms and stuff. But back in my day, we you know, sometimes would have to stick at you know, in all sorts of pots and pants and wos.
Speaker 1: Will always a walk whatever you you know, like a fruit bowl.
Speaker 5: Fruit bowl would work, or maybe even something you do a all those things they have and sort of like rice rice kind of a walk, but it's a Greek you might put.
Speaker 3: Some on, you mean with I was gonna say that. I think that's more sure.
Speaker 6: No one's really interestant what it actually is.
Speaker 3: That's all ye booms these days, isn't it.
Speaker 6: What's a big leap from from the to the ui boom' you know.
Speaker 1: A massive step board and that's what fiel day is all about, a massive stipboard and technology.
Speaker 5: The technology here, this is what it's all about. And I think doing things in a new way, and that's what you see here with the farmers trying to be better with the environment and stuff.
Speaker 6: There's a lot of pressure on them to do that.
Speaker 5: And like like back to snack a chainy with the free, free range, non cage potatoes, you know, thinking answered the square guys like you are, people would would do a podcast doesn't run.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right, And I know as much as you're here to you know, distribute the amazing snacker Chai chips, get people to try them. Are you also looking for innovations and how you make them? Is there something here that you could benefit from that you've seen so much?
Speaker 5: That's it, And it's normally something you don't expect, normally something that's got enough thing to do with chip making or something something else.
Speaker 6: The way the milk a cow or something like that, you know.
Speaker 5: I mean I saw a machine on the way in here, like a special way for the milking cows. Yes, and I remember an ex girlfriend I had had a similar thing like that in her home, right, you know, and it wasn't the milking Cows's true that so I'm.
Speaker 1: Not gonna ask what to use it for. Yeah, I've seen a lot of stuff. There's some great hoof goats, but smaller Yeah, but who roof care around there? Obviously giant machinery. It can't be easy to harvest the free range uncaged or.
Speaker 5: It's all about giving them love, because what we like to say is that a happy potato is a happy potato chip.
Speaker 3: Do you play music? To them or anything. Yeah, we do. Yeah, what kind of music of a.
Speaker 6: Just gently you know you don't different seasons, different music.
Speaker 1: I've seen this great potato hits like potato hurts, cash potato hits, yoil, yeah, oiled potato hits. Yeah, mashh I have some smash smash hits I have seen. Yeah, I've seen fields with the with the Tajians sort of scattered around them, and evidently like the proofers and the potting, isn't it makes It makes the best sort of chip.
Speaker 3: What are you looking forward to? How long are you here for? For the way?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was a good question.
Speaker 3: Chips. There's a lot of chips. I don't hope it.
Speaker 5: Would run out quickness because I could go, but you know, I would probably see you here for the next few days. Just I'll be here probably Friday, yep, but I would leave. He may have some easy seat tomorrow. Oh, well, you know it's.
Speaker 3: The excellent compensation for version.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, we've got the commentary tomorrow. Yeah, yeah, that's right back.
Speaker 1: What are you looking forward to most seeing here that you haven't already come across?
Speaker 6: Well, hope you'll go for a bit of a wonder soon. And haven't got ground. There's always a few good sort of stalls.
Speaker 3: Like you know the gin.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, well there's a whiskey directly across from us, so lam Moor, you've.
Speaker 6: Got to find someone to drive.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well you can really just put the Carron Auto drive on that, Yeah just about can.
Speaker 1: All right, the whiskey's starting to call my name now, so I reckon we knocked this thing on the head.
Speaker 3: We go have a look around.
Speaker 1: If you're at the field days, come down Saga day to lee at the Snaker Chiny Chips stand and do hisself in the Bledder's Low building and the pantry they call it pantry, Yeah, they call it the pantry. Look out for the bledders Low Building. Enjoy your week. If you're not, we will be back tomorrow with the black Caps coverage.
Speaker 3: I think from twelve thirty, is that right, lane? What's on Skysport nine? Sky'sport nine. We'll see you then. Thank you very much for there.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to the CES a Gender podcast brought to you by Export Ultra. For more episodes, like and follow on iHeartRadio for where if you get your podcasts.