Speaker 1: I have some tea. Q was one of the producers, right? She was worried that Isaac and I would not get along. When you pushed us, right? I felt a genuine anger in that episode.
Speaker 2: OK, honestly, if you ask me one moment that I regret in, right, actually that might be one of it.
Speaker 1: I think it's very tough for me lah.
Speaker 2: So, is your voice cracking up a little bit, you're right.
Speaker 1: Hello everyone and welcome to the Hot Pot where we hop into different transitions in life. My name is Fauzi.
Speaker 2: I'm Ira. I'm Isaac. I'm Siri, and together we are.
Speaker 1: That does not make sense at all.
Speaker 2: I feel like rapping now that I got a mic in front of me, you know to
Speaker 1: say happy April fool.
Speaker 2: 123. Happy
Speaker 1: April. Nick looks a bit different today. Suddenly got 4 people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, correct. Then you don't April
Speaker 1: Fools
Speaker 2: is coming up. You will be fully hosting an episode of The Hog Pod.
Speaker 1: I Wait,
Speaker 2: wait, wait to prank the host and viewers, you sure you
Speaker 1: are? Yeah, you sure
Speaker 2: you are.
Speaker 1: Oh my God. What is it we're gonna get a batch for this? Our challenge is to host an episode
Speaker 2: seriously.
Speaker 1: Competitive. She didn't competitive. She won another batch. Enough really.
Speaker 2: I think today's episode is going to be very chaotic because like if you think about it, none of us have been on a podcast like together all for, right? It's been like two of us, 2 of us, right? But we usually have our podcast, like, you know, in between breaks during Coderich shoots, and then we'll have our our 21 podcast. Patreon, Patreon. Shout outs. But anyways, today you're gonna know everything about us. Today is all about us. You're gonna um answer questions um that you guys have been dying to know about us, so. Yeah, people, you know, it's like those like influences, so a lot of people have been asking. I know but then then the viewer.
Speaker 1: But why don't we just start off with the first question, guys? It's our podcast now. The first question is, what is your full name? My question is why you need to know our government name.
Speaker 2: Why you need to know our name.
Speaker 1: No,
Speaker 2: but I feel like my full name has been plastered all over, um, code rate because of how much Fauzi laughs at my surname. OK,
Speaker 1: your, your, your full name is quite straightforward. My nobody knows my full name because long because got more than my. I usually use just the two words. I have 3 more words in my name.
Speaker 2: Oh, have you told us before?
Speaker 1: No, I don't think so. I don't tell people my full name. Why? Please tell us.
Speaker 2: Mohammad Fauzi. No, no, I, it's Mohammad Fauzi Abdul
Speaker 1: Aziz.
Speaker 2: OK, he said like three more names, right? I thought he meant like Mohammad
Speaker 1: Ashraf. Sorry, my parents are not that modern. No, but for one, I will never let you all known, correct. I know something Johan, right? Yeah, I
Speaker 2: know. Hey, I'm very, I'm terrified of giving people my full name? Because I have this theory that people can do black magic on you from your full name. No, actually they can with your full name and your birthday. Now that you all know my birthday, you guys will never know my full name.
Speaker 1: It's OK.
Speaker 2: What is my father's name. Guys, can I feed you with a fun fact? I, um, grandpa is half Chinese. No, my grandfather is Chinese. Chinese. Do you guys know that?
Speaker 1: Oh, fun fact. My grandmother is also
Speaker 2: Chinese. Oh damn. But you know what's funny? See, just now, like before the camera started rolling, she asked me like, what's your Chinese name? I'm like, why do I have a Chinese name? Then she I thought your grandfather Chinese. What's your Chinese name then?
Speaker 1: Uh, Yifan Hong Yifan one
Speaker 2: rice,
Speaker 1: no, no, no, the, the fun is a sail like the sale of a boat,
Speaker 2: yes, yes, then the E is
Speaker 1: the E is like in the Chinese character is like a rabbit sitting on a, on a ship. So basically a sailing rabbit kind of,
Speaker 2: OK, wait, so your, your, your Chinese name is Yifan,
Speaker 1: Hong Hong Yifan,
Speaker 2: but it's Isaac.
Speaker 1: So what's your name. In dialect, yeah, so like the, the English version is usually take like they take after the dialect pronunciation. So my English name is Angkang kang and Ian is like so different in is pang. Oh, so you're la,
Speaker 2: I love your porridge, yeah.
Speaker 1: Not I, not his porridge, my forefathers porridge gotathers.
Speaker 2: Hey, hello. No, but technically we all had a, we got a father together. Papa. Quick cut to the villa episode.
Speaker 1: Papa has died. Who's Papa?
Speaker 2: It's our mate. You sure? Wait, we don't have the, we got the same father. You look at the color.
Speaker 1: Wait, who the heck is Papa Rader?
Speaker 2: Do you guys get made fun of in secondary school? For your full name, your name, or whatever. I do get it a lot because my food, I'm, right? And if you say it a few times in Chinese it's actually dead fish, Siri, yeah, and then everyone calls me Defish in secondary school. Shout out to my bullies, but anyway. Oh Joker Jason boys boys vulnerable.
Speaker 1: You sure the boys didn't just tease you because they like you. It's always like this if it's boys, right, confirm like got some inkling of it. Not
Speaker 2: really like those were the same boys that uploaded my upskirt on Twitter. What? What? Anyways, another episode for another day. By the way, they are not joker or whatever like I mean it's just a dummy name. No, actually, why didn't you make a police report? I was scared, honestly, yeah, I was 16 and scared. I was really scared. I was
Speaker 1: 16.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but anyways, what's my full name? I'm, yeah,
Speaker 1: this point. What is it in? Sorry,
Speaker 2: no, actually.
Speaker 1: You're
Speaker 2: like No, actually, actually in Chinese it's shiyu, yeah, but you guys call me, but um it's actually shiyuhi is like poem and then you yeah yeah yeah. So my name, like my mom gave me this name, uh, with the idea that I will grow up to become like a very demure lady, but hm. Can be demure sometimes. But
Speaker 1: what's in
Speaker 2: Mandarin in like the curse. Yeah, uh, I don't know. My Chinese is not that guy. Oh, it's the one with the, there is a wood inside, oo and then one curl inside. Oh, what is that? What what is that? What? What's the meaning? She's
Speaker 1: asking
Speaker 2: question number 2. how old are you guys this year? A lot of people ask us this year.
Speaker 1: OK, I'll start. I am 36 this year. So this year, is it this year, this year? I think by this time, this is April, I'm turning 36 in April actually.
Speaker 2: I am 34 now. Thank you. OK,
Speaker 1: so you 30 or 4
Speaker 2: at this moment I'm 30. Thank you.
Speaker 1: As I'm
Speaker 2: 32. I was recording, I'm 25. 24 what? 25 this year I'm 25. Yeah, you're 24. January, I your birthday is November. Yeah, so I only have 2 months to be like officially
Speaker 1: 24. On my dating profile I usually change January I change, why need to lie?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know. I'm old.
Speaker 1: Let's
Speaker 2: move on.
Speaker 1: Next question. When is your birthday? Mine is 14th April.
Speaker 2: Mine is 9th of August. Mine is 23rd of August. Mine is 8th of November. And fun fact, again, I got all of your birthdays saved in my. Google. Wait, can pause, you sure?
Speaker 1: The thing is, I will, I will never forget your birthday
Speaker 2: yeah
Speaker 1: because one, we had to bake a cake for your birthday. Oh yeah, your birthday is National Day. Exactly. It's like everybody celebrating your birthday every year, so,
Speaker 2: like, by the way, she does not have all of us. No, I do, I do. I can show you guys on my calendar.
Speaker 1: OK,
Speaker 2: noted. Next one, where were you born? Uh, I think we can all answer this together. 1236, what? I said the hospital?
Speaker 1: OK. Oh,
Speaker 2: OK, we are going to the hospital like partway east now. Yours is, yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, private hospital. Shout out. I was a government hospital babyangerba. KKH has a good, uh, what's that, uh,
Speaker 2: pediatrics. I was born.
Speaker 1: I want to hear you. No, I'm so sorry. I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Thompson, you look like a Thompson. OK. Oh my God, how do you know? Thomson Medical Center. Seriously, yeah,
Speaker 1: my mom used
Speaker 2: to
Speaker 1: work there as well,
Speaker 2: upper middle class, right? They all give birth at Thompson. There's a, there's certain like tears of like it's true.
Speaker 1: I'm not even gonna lie,
Speaker 2: yeah, and then like if you are if you are bungalow one right, you Mount E or Mount Alban, yeah, you're right.
Speaker 1: Do you have any siblings and how many do you guys have? I actually have 3 older brothers and 1 younger brother.
Speaker 2: Oh, so you're the middle child.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm the 4th out of 5.
Speaker 2: I don't know why I always thought like you, you were the oldest, yeah.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I'm not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the oldest sibling. OK, quick question, you ever got like act as like Backstreet Boys at home?
Speaker 1: Uh, no, no, no, it's not that. My older brother, the one above me, we have a 5-year age gap. So I was closer to my younger brother, but as time, time goes, and now we're all adults, they have their own families. I'm quite close with all of them actually.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I have a big age gap. Brother as well, he's 7 years younger than me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I, I have an older brother who's 2 years older than me. Again,
Speaker 2: you look like you got the older sibling vibe. No, but it's true. It's true. He's single. How old is he? He's 2 years older than me, so he's 35. It's OK. I'm the youngest child. I have a sister and I have a brother. I have a very big age gap with my siblings so one is 71 is 90 yeah, they're 7 years old and 9 years old.
Speaker 1: What is your MBTI?
Speaker 2: Mine changed, you know, since the first. I feel like
Speaker 1: we change according to the seasons in our life, I feel, yeah, and you would answer the questions very differently according to how you see your life at that point in time.
Speaker 2: That's why actually I don't really believe in. MBTI. I feel like it's a good guide to where you are at in life right now, but it doesn't define you as a person. So like a lot of people, they, you know, carry their MBTI or whatever as their personality you know what I mean, but I just feel like, yeah, it changes over time.
Speaker 1: I feel like it's very common in Korea for people to ask for their MBTI.
Speaker 2: Korea has this thing where like previously it was like what's your blood type and then they narrow you down based on that and then. Yeah,
Speaker 1: so they ask that during like job interviews or something?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they do actually, but so what is
Speaker 1: it? Mine is ENFP at the point of at this point in time, I used to be an ENFJ, but now I'm ENFP. Yeah, I have been an ENFP from God knows when like I never
Speaker 2: changed. I'm an E. And TJ Oh, all of us are. Yeah, I mean, I mean, clearly no, but one thing I realized is that my MBTI differs when I'm at work and outside, like as in I feel like I'm two different person. At work I, I like to take the lead, but then when I'm with my friends, I tend to like, you know, take a step back and then like let. You guys like I want to witness this.
Speaker 1: No, I, I, I, I kind of relate with you because in a sense right sometimes, right, when in life or at work where it's a lot of your life, you feel like you have to step up and be the leader, right? Sometimes in your other parts of your life, right, you just feel like I just want to let go, you know,
Speaker 2: yeah, yeah, that's why I'm like literally like my 9 to 5 is like me just like, you know. Hustling hustling and everything. So when I meet my friends, I just want to, you know, take a chill pill.
Speaker 1: Which primary school were you from? I was from St. Stephen's Primary. Stephens is at Siglap. OK, wow, where the rich people live. I didn't live in, I live in Reservoir.
Speaker 2: Close enough, enough. Um, I was from Tampines North Primary School. Shut up. Tampines North Tampines different.
Speaker 1: Does it still exist today?
Speaker 2: It does.
Speaker 1: OK. Actually that's a very good question. My school still exists. My
Speaker 2: school still exists. Uh,
Speaker 1: my school is Presbyterian Primary School Bishan's in Bishan,
Speaker 2: mathematics paper, man. Oh, is it
Speaker 1: not my time.
Speaker 2: All these foreign schools because I stay in the west, um, my primary. School is Chachukang Primary School. Shout out to Mr. Bill.
Speaker 1: Why is that? Is it still at Chak? Yes. Does it still exist? Yes,
Speaker 2: OK, yeah, perfect. So the next question is which secondary school were you guys from? I was from Danian Secondary School in at Bukitbato.
Speaker 1: I was also from Koh Presbyterian Secondary affiliated
Speaker 2: affiliated OK. Was it in Bishan as well?
Speaker 1: It was also in Bishan, right beside each other.
Speaker 2: I was from Secondary School. Nice. Oh, OK, shout out.
Speaker 1: I was from SJI Saint Joseph's Institution, same school as
Speaker 2: Mr. Nick Yim. Oh the other day I Googled um Nan Secondary notable alumni, right? I don't know what I was thinking. I thought I was going beyond that.
Speaker 1: You know is it on Wikipedia? Yeah, I think, you know what
Speaker 2: person, Romeo Tan.
Speaker 1: You know what, I, I'm going on to Wikipedia right now and changing it for you. I add it for you. Next one, which CCA did you guys have in secondary school?
Speaker 2: Can we guess for this one? I guess. I feel like it's some like leadership
Speaker 1: CCA
Speaker 2: or
Speaker 1: whatever
Speaker 2: or
Speaker 1: something.
Speaker 2: NCCA uniform group NPCC.
Speaker 1: You're very close. NCC but NCC,
Speaker 2: yeah, OK. What about you? I feel like she skipped CC, no, I told you before. I know drama club, right,
Speaker 1: right. I was in football and NPCC. Not run club though I don't have my school don't have like the cross country that kind. So yeah, I feel like you have thrived in. My school no budget, so don't have only the school got budget then can go cross country
Speaker 2: you didn't tell me your CCA was like look at me. We have a new line
Speaker 1: on Chinese dance. Oh
Speaker 2: yes, one of them is Chinese dance and then um that was my primary school, CCA. Then in secondary school I was in netball. Oh yeah, OK, you look like a netballer, yeah. What, what does it mean by I look like a netballer? It's like because I can see you like with your FBT and last time I ponytailed them high one it's like all the way here. I'm not even kidding like at one point it was like my personality, you know, like my high ponytail. I just like, yeah, yeah, yeah, then you know recess like everyone is just trying to make it higher and higher.
Speaker 1: You bring it to the front end like unicorn. Next question, how much do you get for your PSLE?
Speaker 2: We answered this question before, right, one of
Speaker 1: our on the live stream,
Speaker 2: right,
Speaker 1: but for everybody else, uh, my PSLE score was 236.
Speaker 2: Shout outs. My PSLE score was 250. Shout outs. I'm
Speaker 1: like my primary school like top three. 50 they'll give you a ha, I got 216.
Speaker 2: 207. OK, come on guys, we're all here but don't let the point system define you.
Speaker 1: I think back then I was just very happy because like my school was affiliated, right? I think you knew you only score like 18 something, and I was just happy to be with my friends. Nice. Actually if I got my score, I wouldn't be. been able to get to SGI if I wasn't affiliated. Yeah.
Speaker 2: SGI was a hard school to get into.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah. What diploma or degree do you have?
Speaker 2: Oh damn. Basic stuff I think for me. Speaking of mass,
Speaker 1: I don't know why I think like our fit is like all intertwined with like Mascom because during my secondary school days, right, in secondary 3, you know, like the school brings you to the open houses and everything. The only one that I was. Interested in from the get-go right was FMS NPEscor. I took the brochure. I stuck it on my wall, and during our time it was like 10 points to get in. So set for the brass there and then that's the only thing I went to a space there. I bust my ass off for like O levels, and I think I was shy of like. No, actually I got -2. I got 10, but I didn't get it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, Neons if I'm not wrong, it's like 10 points. 10 points in visual communications. Oh, you didn't take
Speaker 1: SPS. Oh yeah, but shout out to SP visuals, man, best time of my life.
Speaker 2: I know. I think Fauzi has a very interesting degree.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, so I, I didn't go to poly. I went to JC. After JC, I went into, uh, university. I went to NUS, uh, I got a Bachelor of Arts in theater studies.
Speaker 2: Love that. Pretty cool, right? He, he co-created Glee. What?
Speaker 1: Suddenly, suddenly, suddenly I did not. OK, next question. Do your results matter now as you work?
Speaker 2: Nope, no. 100% 100% no. It's not about the results, I think. I think it's about the attitude that brought you your results, right? That will translate 100% in the rest of your life. 100%. So I think we all always say like, hey, um, don't let the points define. you, but it doesn't mean you shouldn't try, right? Yeah, and that, that mindset is what what brings you through like successes I
Speaker 1: guess. Yeah. I would say like when it comes to your education, right, I think the important thing doesn't necessarily have to be the academics. It really is about the, the life skills you learn throughout the time you are in school. Uh, for me like I graduated with a degree in theater studies. I'm not using anything of it at this point in time, but because of like things like the rigor of the research that I did, uh, and of course like also interacting with different people, I think also the, the more conventional ideas that, I mean, let's say if you do very conventional like jobs in terms of like STEM, anything, right? I feel like you. You have to get to meet a certain grade, a certain result to, you know, it's like a passport like to the industry, right? So I think in that sense, you know, compared to let's say if you do arts maybe very portfolio-based, very people based, I feel like, you know, I feel like that's. I didn't, I don't think any one of us, the rest of the hot pots or so, I don't think they all come from stem background, right? Nobody, all of us. Come from very background. That's why we're here la. Uh, next question, if you all met each other in secondary school, would you all be friends? Why or why not? No,
Speaker 2: I don't I didn't know. Honestly, like the first time we all met, right, like after, after the lunch, I was thinking to myself, wow, we are so different. Like, as in every one of us, we are like so different people. Yeah,
Speaker 1: yeah, I have some tea actually, uh. Q was one of the producers, right? She was worried that Isaac and I would not get along. Because we're very different.
Speaker 2: But I feel like Isaac is so accommodating.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I and I think that was the thing that we discovered along the way. I think initially maybe because like Isaac's interest and my interests are quite different and I think he was like, oh, not sure whether they would be OK, yeah, but actually
Speaker 2: OK
Speaker 1: now he's my pickle
Speaker 2: boss. No, as in like I just didn't know that we will become as close as we are. Yeah, yeah. We definitely would not have even like sat like in the same area.
Speaker 1: God, we would all have had, you know, different CCA,
Speaker 2: yeah, no, I think, yeah, we will all be in different cliques at most, right, Fauzi and I will be acquainted like at Malay class that kind. Isaac in Chinese class because Isaac will be
Speaker 1: at the top class, no lah, because Chinese got so many people, so many Chinese people usually like when you go to school, right, the Malay class has only got one class. Then it's like no matter from what class you are, you're all siphon into that one Malay class, so you that you will know each other.
Speaker 2: Do you guys think that um if we were all in school. Right now, you will be very annoyed at me in class. Yes, mhm. No, I, I, yeah, no, no, I got a, I got a feeling that's why I asked because like I'm the kind in class where I don't listen and I I'm rowdy and then like I just, yeah, I don't
Speaker 1: you? I would very
Speaker 2: disruptive
Speaker 1: to the class.
Speaker 2: I'm a bit disruptive.
Speaker 1: I would have hated
Speaker 2: you. Yeah, exactly because in school I was really like. I get my stuff done and then I'm done that kind so I don't,
Speaker 1: yeah, no, but I think during secondary school days, I'm not sure about you guys, but I feel like at least for me or like my peers, we are all very, how what do you call it, we are not very empathetic to one another. So if something is unfamiliar to us, someone's character is like, oh, like that, I don't want to associate myself that. I only associate with people who I can fight with, yeah, exactly. So that's why clicks are formed, but now that we're older, I feel like, you know, we are more. Accommodating to each other that's so we can plan.
Speaker 2: So
Speaker 1: grow up
Speaker 2: kids. Alright,
Speaker 1: next question. Would you ever start your own YouTube channel, guys? I feel like I'm a bit too old to do it now. Wait, why? I just feel like because there are a lot of other things that I would need to focus on. Having your own YouTube channel is a lot of work. The filming, the editing, and everything. I barely have time to do my own things to want to start. YouTube channel on the site of everything that I already do, I feel like it's almost impossible, yeah, and I prioritize a bit more like, yeah, and having fun, just enjoying the new things that I'm enjoying in life, like the pickleball. I watch a lot of vloggers. They are so willing to film themselves in public. I always like have to like mentally prepare myself to film myself in public. I feel so scared. That's why when I'm doing like core, for example, there's, there's you guys. I don't feel alone. Yeah, if I'm alone, I think I will get social anxiety.
Speaker 2: It's also different because it's like when you're vlogging, right, you are holding up the camera on your own. That's a lot more intimidating than someone else filming you. Yeah. There was one time I was on a YouTube video without you guys. That was my first time appearing like without y'all, and then I felt so. Lonely, like I felt like, oh, my support system is not here because every time like, you know, we are on shoots and everything, they will be there like just to like hype me up and everything, but like when I was alone, I'm like, oh shit. Yeah, it's like that day when the playbook when I was dating. I I just like, what's she doing today? I know, you know, like I had like all the urges to like text you like because like I was behind with Joey and Nick, right? Yeah, I miss you. I miss you too. I feel like the reason why I would want to start a YouTube channel is because I feel like I have other sites that I haven't shown to like the audience yet and then like a lot of times like when you guys watch Code Red or like you know Hotpot, you got to watch, right? It's only that one side of like, OK, yeah, so what is the other side? OK,
Speaker 1: I
Speaker 2: don't like the other side,
Speaker 1: OK. you're gonna creates content. So you're teaching physics.
Speaker 2: I will teach you guys how to invest, trust me guys. Give me 30 days. I will make your portfolio 11,010. Favorite part of being in Code rate? Oh, I feel like it's you guys. No, I'm not even kidding. Like, no matter what you guys put us through, like even Haunted houses, whatever, right, as long as it's with you guys, yeah, I feel safe. Like I feel like I can conquer anything with you.
Speaker 1: Wow,
Speaker 2: yeah, no, like seriously, and I really, really like enjoy you guys' company a lot. I was so shy
Speaker 1: to answer. Yeah, what she answer was so simple. I like to do different weird things like new experiences, I feel, things that I would, I would have not been typically. Able to do uh in my regular life, yeah,
Speaker 2: you are being paid to have fun, I think.
Speaker 1: Wow,
Speaker 2: yeah, it's like who would have thought, right? No, I just sound shallow.
Speaker 1: I feel like like obviously being part of like the cast and then working with the crew like forming a bond and like a relationship with everyone, seeing everyone in the element, I think. Wow. Oh,
Speaker 2: sorry.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I honestly, I think that gets me very pumped though. Everyone having fun in the crew even off-camp 100%,
Speaker 2: you know, like my, because like before COVID started, I was just doing my full-time job, like my 9 to 5, right? And then when I started, I realized like, wow, this is such like this is an outlet for me to be myself because like at work I, I can't possibly show this side of me, right? Like. I show on quote rate, but like you know, I can actually be myself. So yeah, I'm a what? OK, anyways, complete sentence no no is actually very smart. I'll keep repeating this until people believe it. What is your dream job?
Speaker 1: I remember like as a kid I wanted to be a dentist. Yeah. Why? Because they earn a lot of money. So I. I don't know why. I just like to help people with their teeth. Wow,
Speaker 2: did you try to work towards?
Speaker 1: No, I mean, I, I was, I was very bad in science and math, so, obviously my, my, my trajectory was in the arts field.
Speaker 2: So I wanted to be a newscaster. Oh, I can see that as one on the news,
Speaker 1: is it? Can I.
Speaker 2: I remember this. I remember this when I read your name like in the crimewatch or something next time OK 33 year old,
Speaker 1: I said I'm a Speaking of skirts of Crimewatch, right, last time I got cut. Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, you were on an episode. No, I wasn't. OK, that time I was having the polygrad show at Vivo City and then after like our friends, hey, we go boogies eat dinner la, OK. Bear in mind at the point of time I had redhead. Oh my, it was super fiery, and then I had like spiky red hair. I was wearing a green flannel green red dude, and then this dude came out. Oh, sorry, hi, are you interested in being on like uh like a show? They're like, uh, how was this for? This or crime watch, right? You like a gangster. Yeah, OK, that's it. Oh my God, good, good times.
Speaker 2: Also that was crazy how he could have just said he was at boogies when he got cast, but then he told us he got great show and all that. After that, his friend said boogies to eat. Yeah, honestly, I, you say so much, right? Let me tell you, when I say, uh, tells us a story, right, she will add in all the unnecessary details also. There was one time she was telling. something and then I don't know why, right? I suddenly know the whole life of like this other person.
Speaker 1: I was like, what is your, what is your dream job? My dream job as a kid, I think when I was younger I wanted to be a footballer. OK, yeah, I remember during my time, like the first time sports school had an open call straight times 22 pitch spread, like, you know, you could, um, go do, do the trials. Then the thing the football trial had like 4 levels. Now at the 3rd level I kind of kick out. Then my dreams are shattered la. But then after when I grew older, I feel like I, I get energy when I'm around people, and talk to people and then just, yeah, I think whenever I'm around people I just feel like so I can see what was your dream?
Speaker 2: I don't know if I've told you guys this before, but I wanted to become a trader. What trader? Pokemon card trader, like a like an investment trader. Oh wow, and my sole purpose because I was like naive as a kid, right, was because, um, I know that they earn a lot of money and you can just like stay at home and like look at look at computer and then you can like, but I know like along the way like you actually like a lot of work is put into it lah. But also um as I was growing up, I realized that I get energy from people and I cannot be just like sitting down, looking at my computer, so but if you are working. um, like as a trader in like a bank or like an investment firm or anything, right, you'll be meeting like 1000 people a day. You're always on the trading floor, right? It's like, yeah, yeah, that was that was that was the vision they have that in
Speaker 1: Singapore, they buy a trading floor in Singapore like that. No,
Speaker 2: I think so. I think so some of the, I mean like some of the banks like they trade like for other countries in other markets, right, but also I realized like the working hours are like. Crazy. Yeah, my, when my father was a trader last time, he did um American market, so his shifts were all like, yeah, our, our graveyard shifts essentially
Speaker 1: the market never sleeps, man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, 100%, yeah, and you have to just monitor it like so closely.
Speaker 1: You know what I've always imagined. As an SQ flight attendant actually. I have,
Speaker 2: I don't like to serve people. I'm so sorry. As in like, I mean I know like I've been on like two waitressing episodes, right, but like, I mean, I mean I can do it for a shoot, but in real life I oh wait, you can do it, man. I realized like I'm, I'm very straightforward at work, so like I cannot just possibly like, you know, filter my words just to like please you. Like I would just say you go home, that kind of thing, like don't eat here, you know, you go home you go home you tell my manager I'm the manager. I, you know what I mean? You see, my uniform is purpose. Yeah, yeah. What is your favorite book? I don't read books. Oh my God. Doctor in the House, written by Mahathir Mohammad. What? What? What is what Doctor in the House by Maha Muhammad.
Speaker 1: Damn.
Speaker 2: Mine is Jeromei.
Speaker 1: I love that. Mine is any, any, any Roald Dahl book. OK, I love, but mine is a battle royale. It's like a Japanese novel. It's the original Hunger Games, by the way. What is your favorite city?
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: Oh, Isaac I love it. What is your favorite city? Oh,
Speaker 2: so interesting. I like Nohalia. Kuala Lumpur.
Speaker 1: Oh,
Speaker 2: nice. I like, I like Dubai. It's very futuristic and it makes me feel very, um, like hopeful of the future. Oh
Speaker 1: yeah, I'll say mine is Bangkok,
Speaker 2: OK, because you like to.
Speaker 1: No, because I like Thai food. I like, I, I love Thai culture. My favorite city is, uh, Fukua, Japan. Yeah. Uh, next question. How would you describe the person on your left?
Speaker 2: on my left
Speaker 1: is me la. How would I describe? Um, I'm one word with. Yes, yeah,
Speaker 2: OK, one word. I will do one word OK. Isaac versatile
Speaker 1: word for word for Syria, um. Unpredictable.
Speaker 2: OK, stable,
Speaker 1: that's that's what I was thinking
Speaker 2: of,
Speaker 1: yeah, yeah. Would you ever live abroad? Oh, my short answer is yes, but I will not want to permanently relocate. I'll always come back to Singapore. My answer
Speaker 2: is yes. Um, I don't mind moving to another country actually. I think about it all the time. Also, fun fact, Isaac and I have lived abroad in the same city within like the same like area. Yeah, like Australia, Brisbane, and within the same neighborhood we were only like 20 minutes away or so don't stay far from each other anyway. What is going on I think it meant to be string theory, you know what I mean. To be neighbors, yeah,
Speaker 1: and then Neighbors is also the long running soap opera in Australia. I know you're
Speaker 2: absolutely
Speaker 1: right.
Speaker 2: Liam was on it was on. OK, Isaac, you live abroad?
Speaker 1: I would, I think the same. I feel like, like I love Japan a lot, but I think permanently relocating that probably not I mean Singapore. Singapore is the best city in the world.
Speaker 2: Shout out, out. I would live abroad, but I have to bring my parents. I don't think I can live without my parents like not being near me. You know, my dream is to live like buy a super big house and then like put my parents like together with me and see like we live together, we are like in different parts of the house. But yeah, like um we. We all live in one big house together, but we all have like our different parts of like our home, yeah, but essentially I still want to like live with them as long as I can.
Speaker 1: I love that. I think honestly.
Speaker 2: Happy Parents' Day guys.
Speaker 1: Parents Day. Who is your favorite artist at the moment? Oh. I love you. I'll. I,
Speaker 2: I know. Are you? My artist of the moment is Damiano David from Manskin.
Speaker 1: Oh,
Speaker 2: his new releases have been pretty interesting,
Speaker 1: interesting. Yeah, don't know who I've been listening
Speaker 2: I don't think I have.
Speaker 1: Oh my God, you know who I've been listening to recently? Isaacnosis. Shout out to Amota.
Speaker 2: Are, are you into it? Yeah,
Speaker 1: not an amazing. But it's so catchy that it's been stuck in my head. Plus also like that time when I was driving, right, honestly, the album played, right, it's such a road trip album. I don't know why. It's just got a good vibe to the album when you're driving. Are you gonna go and see her? I want to. I really want to try, but then by the time this episode is out, that's past already. So I think Dochichi is killing it is killing it. Doing yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh, wait, wait, I have, um, one artist that I've been obsessed with recently, but I wouldn't say I listen to her songs like a lot, Tate McRae. Yeah, I think I just like her vibe and everything. Did you see her when she was here? No, I didn't, but Fauzi did. I love. I was like, OK, wait. Speaking of, um, favorite artists at the moment, right, what's the last song you listen to? Well, let me open up my Spotify.
Speaker 1: The last song I listened to was Blue by Zero Base One.
Speaker 2: Mine was I love Body by rising 88
Speaker 1: yeah. Mine is a Chinese song, um, Hui Liu by Fong. He just, he just passed away. RIP man, yeah man.
Speaker 2: Condolences. Uh, I'm listening to. I'm listening to Next Summer by W.
Speaker 1: OK, lovely. Next question. What show are you currently watching? White
Speaker 2: Lines. Oh, it's a bit old, couple of years
Speaker 1: already. Current show I'm obsessed with is the Traitors US version.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, any good
Speaker 1: reality show. Any
Speaker 2: good?
Speaker 1: Love, love the show. Obsessed. Um, the show that I'm currently watching is an anime. Um, it's called Uncle from Another World. Super good. Please go watch it. Uncle from A World on Netflix. 12 episodes on, I think. Uncle from hilarious.
Speaker 2: OK, I, I just finished watching The Crown. Oh, yeah, but I mean they ended off like halfway, so. I'm still waiting. OK, do you live by any particular mantra? What's your life model? My mantra is don't regret anything
Speaker 1: you do.
Speaker 2: I love that. My mantra is life is not that difficult. Take it easy.
Speaker 1: Mine is like I always tell the like the young people that come to our store, it's, um, live and die by your own soul la like whatever decisions that you make, right, just own it. Yeah, so even if you succeed, you fail, it's all on you, lah. Yeah,
Speaker 2: don't blame other people. I think mine is like hung up on my wall. Fauzi and Isaac, you've been to my room, um, it's, uh, you are your own limit. Like I just feel like this world, there's so, so, so many possibilities out there. Yeah, don't limit yourself to what society thinks of you.
Speaker 1: Big pet peeve. Oh my God, biggest pet pee slash it. How about that? Oh, OK, context-wise, we have had this discussion many times during the breaks we've had on Code rate. We've had this, oh my God, we always talk about this. My number one biggest ick of the moment is other than Nick's uh. Uh, mittens. Other than that, uh, the other thing is when girls in the MRT when they shower or they wash their hair, right, they never dry and then they just let their hair hang and then it wets their shirt.
Speaker 2: Oh my God, no.
Speaker 1: You know, specifically that is their hair never dry, right? No,
Speaker 2: because it feels like you can smell them from afar.
Speaker 1: No, I don't mind if it's a nice shampoo, but then I see their,
Speaker 2: their shirts,
Speaker 1: the wet stain on their shirt plus sometimes if you're wearing a shirt so thin, you can pretty much just see your bra, you know what I mean, because it's so wet, yeah, so that's my, my ache.
Speaker 2: Damn,
Speaker 1: yeah, very specific.
Speaker 2: I mean, everyone knows my biggest thing is umbrellas, right, but also like the a recent thing I discovered is I hate it when people text me, guess what? Yeah, they don't like I said like I question mark, I will reply that question mark and then they will say yes. What do you mean? No
Speaker 1: context like
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I hate it, just leave them on red. Mine is um like when someone cannot like read like the room, like something you really like you know it's going on then like don't like you know what I mean,
Speaker 2: 100% don't aggravate the situation. Mine is people walking down the slopes. You know what I mean? Right, we had this discussion before. I was like when their ass goes a certain way like, no, no, no, different, different, like when you are walking, and their hands are like walking up
Speaker 1: or walking down, down. OK,
Speaker 2: what if they walk down?
Speaker 1: Is this a bigger egg if they walk down the slope but they walk backwards.
Speaker 2: Why would anyone do that? Because they know that it's an egg for you, then he doesn't want you to,
Speaker 1: because when you. Down, right, you're running down, right, it's, you run, but when you walk backwards, right, you a bit slower, you know what I mean? Oh
Speaker 2: yeah, yeah. I would like purposely look away if I'm going down a slope with other people, I would like look away. I like, OK. Anything you regretted seeing on code rate. I know what you would have regretted saying, um, Big Apple is turkey, national animal of China is flamingo. You know, after I said that, right, I feel like I'm associated with flamingos, like as in.
Speaker 1: There you are. No,
Speaker 2: wait, no, no, no, no, as in, let me rephrase, like when I go to cafes, right, I would order like a flamingo drink. Like I don't know why. I'm just very like I'm drawn drawn to flamingo.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 2: Am I a flamingo my past life?
Speaker 1: It's your spirit animal.
Speaker 2: Are you kidding? Recently, right, there was this, um, hair salon that reached out to me, you know what's the Flamingo Flamingo studios. I'm not even kidding. Shout outs, by the way. Shout out Flamingo Studios
Speaker 1: working overtime is 40,
Speaker 2: but I, I'm pretty sure they don't know like about like this context, but I just feel like. Domingos are like wow everywhere around me, but actually I'm very thankful that you said that, you know, because that was our first episode, right, and it blew up. Maybe we would not have gotten like the no, but really what we wouldn't have gotten the traction. No, everyone. Only you say flamingo though.us a woman. OK, wait, what anything you guys regretted saying?
Speaker 1: Actually, no, I don't think so.
Speaker 2: No, no. Oh, so just as said, no regret. Sorry, you should regret saying no regrets. Just take it back. What is
Speaker 1: one thing you feel like you've been obsessed with recently? OK,
Speaker 2: like I, I don't know this. come off a bit weird, but recently I've been into digging my ears.
Speaker 1: OK. I, I love
Speaker 2: this. No, and I feel like, OK, but you don't let us dig your ear, you know I never ever let us dig. No, I just want to say, OK, like before I met Aida, before I met Aida, I have this habit of like digging my ears pretty frequently like every day. But then right after I met Aida, I just feel like I met someone that finally understands me and like, you know, enable my my this, yeah, digging habits whenever I'm stressed, right? I go and dig my yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: OK, you must also know that Ida has one of those, uh, year diggers with a camera that you can see everything I need.
Speaker 2: Like, uh, the metal, metal, yeah, the ladle, and then I would just, I, but don't do it too like, you know, intensely, you know, just like, you know, scrape it off.
Speaker 1: You're crazy.
Speaker 2: I'm a bit embarrassed now.
Speaker 1: My current obsession is pickleball. I play it almost every week now and I'm trying to convert more and more people to join me. Uh, the next mission would be the hot podcast, yeah, they will be the next people
Speaker 2: kind of successful down for that, right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it took, it took Isaac and like. A 10 to 15
Speaker 2: minute session. No, Aida was supposed to join us, but she fell sick. So yeah, but I, I'm pretty sure you have loved it. But I guess I was telling Fauzi the other day, sign us up for competitions. Yeah, I actually want to join. And guess what,
Speaker 1: you know what? There is an upcoming tournament.
Speaker 2: Should we train for it? Wait, I'm I'm dead. I can I join?
Speaker 1: Why not? Why not? OK, we
Speaker 2: can't. My corporate job and become a full-time pickleballer.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe not. Don't do that. Don't do that.
Speaker 2: I got so many obsessions, yeah, so like downstairs my house now got two new stray cats. Oh, I love that. I'm obsessed with them now. Do you know names? No, but like they have this thing where like when you rub the, the back of like towards the tail, their tail like vibrates like. It's so interesting to watch because my cat doesn't react that way. Oh, do better. Yeah, like, whoa, I just sit down there like watching, so that's why I'm so you like things that like vibrate.
Speaker 1: That's also a good.
Speaker 2: That's why maybe you like that you've been obsessed with that. Everything reminds me of him, you know.
Speaker 1: Is there anything you've been obsessed with recently? I set myself up, um, doing this challenge that every day all the way to the end of the year.
Speaker 2: Guys, did you see that he was running in the hotel room? Yeah, he, he, he posted, he said it's like the guy doing COVID, right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's my obsession, but then I feel like. Now I kind of regret it. I feel like I don't have time to like squeeze in that, you know, it
Speaker 2: doesn't have to be long distances all the time.
Speaker 1: It doesn't, but I set myself up like 5 km by minimum every day. What advice would you give yourself a year
Speaker 2: ago? I know exactly what it would be and Fauzi is gonna say I told you so. What? Don't take that job.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: There was a, yeah, there was a, I'm not gonna elaborate that much, but there was a job that like I was like considering taking. I didn't know where I was going with that and then I asked Fauzi and thenauzy was like, I don't think you should because blah blah blah. Then I just like, oh, is that so? And then I sat home and like stewed over it for a bit. I'm just like, ah, how bad can it be?
Speaker 1: Well, it wasn't only me who said don't take that job.
Speaker 2: There were a couple of other people who told us and I'm just like, I mean it's just a job,
Speaker 1: right? Um, well, if it's a red flag, it's a red flag.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then they turn out to be 110% right, so don't take that job. I think
Speaker 1: for myself, I would say when it comes to work, um, don't bring in like personal like emotions into work.
Speaker 2: I
Speaker 1: feel
Speaker 2: like this is what we talked about before. Yeah, I,
Speaker 1: I think it's very difficult. So yeah, like having a friend and then being like. Their, their boss, so to speak, I think, I think it's very tough for me lah.
Speaker 2: So yeah, is your voice cracking up a little bit? You're right.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not crying, but just.
Speaker 2: Can I just say like this incident happened around like our dance episode, right? Yeah, and I think like it took a toll on his. To him for even going through the dance episodes, even
Speaker 1: I feel like I wish I would tell myself it's just like don't, don't care so much sometimes. Yeah, it's not within your control. So it's like, but it's also like not in your nature that you are such a caring person. I feel like you, you really have a lot of love to give a lot of people. But then I realized that after the whole incident and everything, I, I felt more free, OK. Like I don't feel so emotionally like trapped anymore. I love that. Yeah, it's a learning process. I feel like I think one of the things is I think at some point or another, a few of us have gone through, or actually almost all of us have gone through the part where in our jobs we've had to manage people, uh, it's something that nobody can teach you how to do. I've had to learn trial by fire basically, so I feel like something that. If you're like a new manager, don't feel stressed about it and there is no like guidebook that will tell you every single thing that you have to do. Because some days you will wake up and you realize you have a completely different situation and you have to find a way to deal with it.
Speaker 2: It's actually a pretty lonely journey.
Speaker 1: It is,
Speaker 2: it's lonely at 100%. Yeah, and also you need to remember that like sometimes you're not going to be liked when you're managing people and that's something that you have to be OK with. Yeah, I think that that goes like with life also, right? Like not everyone is gonna like you. Yeah, just be yourself. What are you most grateful for in life? Oh, I think stronger relationships. OK, yeah, whether it's like internal, my relationship with myself, my relationship with my family, my friends, I think um it's they've been great for the last year or so.
Speaker 1: I'm very grateful for new opportunities. Uh, like I said during the camping episode, I felt like at that point in time. Uh, it was the end of the road for me in terms of my career, and I want was supposed to do something else, uh, but I'm glad that one year down the road I'm still able to do what I love. So I'm very grateful for that. I'm, I'm grateful for just being healthy like healthy body, healthy mind, yeah, and yeah, I'm thankful for FG as well.
Speaker 2: Shout out my business partner. Shout out shout out
Speaker 1: FJ GC fan. And she's the number one Jesu hater, but she loves Amo. Yeah, you know play
Speaker 2: play tears by the way, FJ has the cutest daughter ever. Yeah, yeah, has like a personality. Yeah, holy like sometimes I look at FJ's story, right, and I would just find so much joy in looking at her. I want.
Speaker 1: I always thought about LJ like they all know who LJ is like that.
Speaker 2: No, yeah. I'm grateful for my parents actually. Like as in like the past year I, my relationship with my parents hasn't always been like very close and everything and like because I think I was going through like a lot in life, um, the past few years and like There's there's always this sort of like resentment towards them like growing up, but in the past year, right, I think, I don't know what snapped in me. I just realized that they are also trying and it's their first time being parents too also. So like I slowly got to see like more different like different perspectives and everything and then like, yeah, I love, I love you guys. Next question. What is your best adulting tip you would give to someone? I feel like I'm not an adult yet. Yeah, no, me too. I just stepped into.
Speaker 1: I just feel like, you know, when, when, let's say when I was younger, I want to try this, I wanna try that, then my parents will be like, you know, in Chinese they're just saying like sununhongru too like you're very temperamental. What you. Try this and you give up. Try this and you give up, but I don't think that's wrong. I feel like when you're young, just, just do so like suddenly you see oh gardening, go and try, you know, try all these many stuff and then even if you don't find something that you like, right, you will find something that you know what you don't like at least, right? And I think that's very, very, very, very important and with youth comes that, um. What do you call that? This luxury to just try anything and everything. Yeah, yeah, I mean, I totally resonate with that because, uh, for me, especially for someone who, who left like a corporate type job, later part of my mid-thirties, it's something that I was reflecting about recently and thinking about it and I was like, actually, I wish I did it earlier. I felt like there was so much hesitance from me to leave my corporate job because I'd be leaving a comfortable salary, I'd be leaving, uh, you know, a regularity in terms of my routine, so. After like 1.5 years of doing it freelance, in terms of like money earned compared to the time spent, I would say that's a lot more for me uh and I enjoyed that and I wished I was more brave to be able to do that earlier on because I think I would have had Other things like related things settled. I don't regret it. I just regret not trying a little bit earlier.
Speaker 2: Um, I think for me, one thing I always like to tell people, especially those like younger than me, right, is to go easy on yourself. I think when you say the word like adulting, right, that it comes with a lot of pressure. It feels very burdensome, right? And I think growth, like growing up and like being more mature and all that, it's actually a really fun process, but because we put like too much, um, yeah, too much pressure I guess, right, you, you kind of miss out on the moments that you should be enjoying. I think a lot of us fall into the trap where where we are now is a stepping stone for the future and then you forget to to be in the present and enjoy this moment like enjoy. Your first job and you know enjoy your first big pay whatever, but we always like pressure ourselves into like my first pay, I really have to save 50%, you know, and like those are things of course like it's important, but go easy on yourself, you know, and just there I think don't forget to enjoy like where you're at.
Speaker 1: I love it. I want to say that being in your 30s is not a bad thing. I feel like 30s is the The more fun era of your life because one, you have a lot more money from the time you started working in your 20s. So a lot of people look at their 30s and like, oh my God, I'm turning 30, I'm going to be old, but actually 30s damn shows. I feel like the past 6 years of my life, right, have been the most fun. I've been able to travel the world. I've been able to do different things. Things I've never been able to do and also don't be afraid of trying new things. Like, honestly, like I'm not a sporty person, but pickleball changed me to the ball back to pickleball. It really changed me. I found something that I enjoy even at like 35, 36, and I really appreciate it. Yeah,
Speaker 2: yeah, yeah, no, honestly, I can't wait for me to be like in my 30s or so. I think one advice um I'll give to Um, to those people going through adulting, right? I take it slow, take your time. There is no guidebook on how you should go through adulthood. And like right now I'm going through adulthood myself also. A lot of things are very scary to me, like, I feel like every move has to be calculated. Like what Aida said also, um, we only live through this phase of life once, like just do it scared. Yeah, try new things and Maybe when I'm 30 so I will check back with you guys.
Speaker 1: Oh
Speaker 2: my
Speaker 1: God, when you're 30, I'll be like in my 40s. Yeah, yeah, yeah, but I also remember like there's this like thing, you know, like I mean there's only the present, the past is the past and the future doesn't exist anymore, so just. I love that. I really love that actually, yeah, yeah, the future hasn't come. The past is already gone. Actually, I really love that. I feel like every time people ask me like, would you rather go to the past and change something or go to the future and see what happens. I I really don't care for it, you know. I don't care I don't know you wouldn't be tempted. No like say at DeLorean that hey you guys, you come back to the future with me or the past. Come on, no, I, to me, right, if if I really had to choose one. Yeah I choose future, not past, because I feel like if I change anything in the past, I won't be the same person I am today. Yeah,
Speaker 2: I still feel like I wouldn't go back to the past. I wouldn't go to the future, so like where
Speaker 1: you go.
Speaker 2: That's why I don't like, I don't like to go to like, you know, fortune tellers, because I don't like to see what's ahead. I feel like I'm in control of my life, and most is like I will, oh, taking back to yesterday before I I that kind of. Don't get together with this guy. What? Oh, that's a bit much. And with that, um, that's our last question for today's episode. Yes, yes, I hope you guys enjoy having us instead of. Don't worry, you guys will get them back in the next. OK. Sorry for stealing their time. Yeah, we are also shout out shut up. This is such a fun episode, guys.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much for joining us on the Hot Pot. You can also listen to the podcast on Spotify, Apple Podcast, and me
Speaker 2: listen. And also don't forget to subscribe to us if you haven't already. Don't make me bring out the stats, man. 60% of you. And if you want to see us come back on another episode, maybe as a guest or take over again, let us know in the comments below.
Speaker 1: Code part two. Alright, see you guys on Code thank you.
Speaker 2: session Should we have our own podcast? Let's talks jets.
Speaker 1: something was I So you have no idea that we just filmed one episode of
Speaker 2: the literally just the four of us.
Speaker 1: April Fools?
Speaker 2: Yeah. Wait, does that mean that you guys are gonna be one episode of Korea without us?