S1: The Mutton Sandwich podcast.
S2: All right, welcome to the Mutton Sandwich podcast. This is where we get to hang out with our famous friends. Yeah, we catch up. We haven't seen them for a while and because it's, you know, pandemic time, all the more you can't see people. Although, although for the first time in a long time today, we're very proud to say we have a guest in person. We're not on Zoom. No, we're not. We actually managed to coax her into the studio under the false pretext of free food. But yeah, well, we'll get to that interview. Ms. Jake's.
S1: Hello, guys. Hi guys. Hi guys. Oh, so nice to see you after so long.
S2: Yeah, he's actually the free food, though. Book coming up later. I know you love me, but see, that's how close we are with Jeff because you know, we've been friends and at one point a dime, colleagues as well. Yeah, for a while when Jade was on radio. And while it's been a while, like you said, Are you been?
S1: Wow? It's been a long time man. I mean, that was in back in the old
S2: campus whole campus as long
S1: as been. Yeah, yeah. Sometimes I don't want to get caught up with you guys. I would say the most has happened with you. Well, because I follow your wife and my one is a dead weight. Vernon is a dad of two.
S2: Yeah, babies popping up everywhere. But yeah, you wouldn't have thunk it, right? I mean, on our own.
S1: Yeah, I was quite shocked the first time in and I was like, Whoa, all right.
S2: Well, I was a rabbit in my past life. So children keep popping guns to stop producing boys. Incredible by you. I mean, you know, since since you left really all those years ago, you you've been keeping up, keeping busy with yourself, you know, filming a lot of stuff, doing your own thing as well. Yeah. Tell us a bit about some of the things that you do right now. Your social media superstar. Yeah, exactly right.
S1: I mean, I think like radio interestingly, started me on social media, right? Because our then boss said, You need to produce YouTube videos. Yeah, I was like, Huh, OK? I mean, I don't know, be a full crew and like, someone is going to direct me and I don't.
S2: That's how radio was
S1: coming from TV. I'm like, OK, where's the script? What's the concept? And then she's like, You just pick your own.
S2: Do it yourself. Yeah, OK. And this was before. Let me clarify this this this time that Jamie's talking about. Yeah, there was a time that phones didn't have front facing cameras. Oh yeah, I was that long ago. Oh yeah,
S1: yeah, I can't remember that.
S2: That was like, I'm just to give you an idea that was like doing the time of like iPhone four. Right? Yeah, that was how long ago it was. Yeah. And we were expected to produce our own videos with what? Yeah. Who's going to help us? No one. There's no such thing as a selfie stick back then. No. Why?
S1: But you guys are like veteran deejays, right? For me, like coming from TV as a rookie deejay. So I was really getting as a producer, my own radio show and then YouTube videos. All right. So that was a new thing. But then the interesting thing is after that, you started me on this whole like, OK, let's try doing this video thing. I cringe looking at my earlier videos. But yeah, you roll with it. And I guess like in terms of social media, I have London done is better than perfect. Yeah, right. It's so different from TV, you know, a lot of things in the background. And she's always in the foreground. I recently just recorded a video. My husband is in the background the entire time. The entire time. OK. I actually screenshot this sucker him and said, What the hell are you doing there? He was working because he works from home, right? As I frame the shots, I should say he was in the background the entire time he their problems. I was like, Whoa, the entire video I didn't move. I'm looking for my boss. And so the point is I still and I'm going to release it this week, and I've learned over the years it's OK to release stuff like that. Yeah, yeah. You would have retaken exactly the entire thing, but it's just so that's one of the things. And then I in pandemic, I started going stir crazy at home because I'm like,
S2: Yeah, you have to do this. You always on the move, right?
S1: Yeah, I know. So I started like bouncing from home, which is like a mini trampoline. Yeah, yeah, that's what I've done it for years. But then I rent the one and I got I started doing it from home and then and I got to thinking, Why don't I teach this stuff? Because like, there was like the next level of challenge. So I decided as I spoke to the bosses, I'm like, Can I teach us? And like, Yeah, we'll teach all the teachers. And then while I'm also a bonus instructor
S2: housing great, you know you're very well known to be a very fierce boy. You, you, you cycle, you run you, you bounce. What you do in half an hour is what we do for one year.
S1: I did even like way back when.
S2: Exactly, exactly. I'm going to pull out and Insta story you posted yesterday. OK, I'm going to read it out to everyone. OK? All right. Her caption was yesterday's shot. Sunrise seeking Mike Wright shot. You know, shot or shot. How shot? Fifty five km. The one time shot, though, that when I saw it, I'm like, You got to be sure you
S1: contextualize contextual because previously to me, really would be very long. But on a road bike, 50 is really quite shot.
S2: OK, OK, here we have our next guest. We want to short local. So anyway, all to me, me thing, I walk 50 kilometers a year. No, I doubt it. She's doing it in one evening. I also shot. Oh, she's that is the essence of Jade saying, You've always been very active and all that which which is fantastic. And not to say that this girl doesn't eat. She she know she gorgeous on food. She she loves food. And this is a no. I see you. We had lunch together. That's great. Keep it elegant, guy. No, no, no, no. Nothing, nothing elegant. Are you eating? But yeah, you know, which is amazing because, you know, it really inspires us because, you know, how can someone be so fit, so active? But then, you know, enjoy food like that. How do you balance it out? Like, like
S1: you've got Demi is really enjoying both parts of life, right? I don't know what I should say this because people don't eat very healthy, which which is a cool image to be like,
S2: Yeah, I know I'm healthy, really?
S1: Yeah, OK. The way I see is, love your shot, right? So you have only one life. So I mix it in terms of what I like to do and like cycling all that as my hobbies, my no food. I don't want to be stuck eating boring crap broccoli. And yeah, like, I eat what I like to eat. And then it's just balance, right? Just balance. I mean, I try not to drink like company that drinks, OK, sugary drinks. Now that's something I really try not to do. Sure. Otherwise, everything else I in Nigella,
S2: I'm going back to that Insta story for you. Oh my God. Five kilometers, right? Because it's a whole thing where your screenshot your fitness app. She in that short bike ride yesterday. Yeah, she won two thousand two hundred and fifty four calories.
S1: I don't know how I do it, by the way.
S2: So even if it's like you, it's close enough. So I feel fine with the easing on a short bike ride. Once you two thousand two hundred I have 2000 calories for breakfast. Now listen, basically, if you don't eat the way you do, you will disappear. You are literally just very yummy.
S1: Yeah, I mean, I do joke, I do joke people that if I eat maybe healthily, I would be really slim.
S2: And you know, then yeah, you might look scary. So yeah, please, please be the radio. Yeah, let's let's let's let's go back in time. OK, OK, we love reminiscing here in the mutton sandwich. Yeah, for sure. So let's go back in time the first time, I think for and it's the same that I've heard the name J. Yeah, yeah. Wasn't missing a whole universe. Oh wow. Would that be accurate? That's the first time people knew about you and stuff like that. The first, are you in the limelight?
S1: I think so. I mean, I've models since I was 14. You know, my like, you're just a phase, right? Nobody knows who I am.
S2: Yeah, yes. Yes. And who won that? Yeah, you did. You win? No, I didn't count. Yeah, Carol. That's right. That's right. Yeah. Also, old, dear friend of ours as well here in Hong Kong now, the
S1: last I heard from her while she was in Hong Kong. I don't know if you're there.
S2: Thank you. It's been so long. Yeah, yeah. That was the first time we ever learn about Jane. Yeah. And I think a lot of people say as gorgeous as Carole was, and she wanted blah blah blah. Everybody was captivated by you. I remember because you were the one with the with the quirky answers your spunky, spunky like. And I know here, Mediacorp, everybody is like, OK, that's a girl
S1: that we want. I don't know if they felt like that. That is like me on and they had to do it. My Guinness.
S2: No, I wanted to explain. Explain that like it was signed for Mediacorp, it was very soon after Miss Universe she quickly grabbed onto you. Like, what was the process? Then what were you thinking? If they don't grab on those you rebounding, giving away
S1: all cycling,
S2: cycling or roller skating? Oh yeah,
S1: it was funny because that was like, you know, leading up to the pageant was the last I still remember the last couple of weeks till my graduation from university. Oh, right. So I had I had to get a job because my parents are becoming like, your last exam added to your earnings.
S2: I'm thinking, why?
S1: It's like even if you don't start learning, then you'll figure it out. We don't giving you any more money, right? So I like my drops on the week after the pageant ended.
S2: Wow, what was it?
S1: I was an account exact in a big advertising firm. It's a job that I want, that I want a job in an MNC that was to do with advertising also because I didn't know what I wanted to do in my life. And I was a business student. I was everyone's I do finances. I was like, No, no, no. I was in tons of land in school that career counsellors tell you to do personally quizzes. And so I did an internship in PR decided I didn't want to do that.
S2: Yeah, I mean, same here. You know, 30 years ago, I decided to go into radio instead of going into banking. And now, 30 years later, I'm such an idiot. Why didn't I do that?
S1: Yeah, you know, that was that was what they told me as I was like, No, I want to like, be an advertising. So I signed to a fund. But then after the pageant, like someone from media called and then they said, Can you come in for an audition? And I sat down for an audition thinking that, well, how hard could it be? And they gave me four scripts, right? And I was like, Yeah, no sweat. The English script, that was all those things. There was an acting script, and then they gave me two others. And acting and Benjamin,
S2: I like all of it.
S1: OK, I try my best. The acting one in Mandarin, I took like an hour to read everything because maybe I can read, but I don't really understand what I'm saying. I because remember the words. I recognize the words because of is, I can't see, as I wrote down, all the honey being. Then I read it. Don't know what I'm saying. OK. And the whole thing one was just too hot. It was like invisible. Very. And I was like, I just gave up. And then I. So I did the two English scripts. I did. The one mentioned script, butchered it. And then the last one, I said, You know, I just can't do it right. I really I really can't. And I thought that was it. You know, like, there's the end because I couldn't get through that, OK? I went back to work and all that. And then next thing, like the then hit of the author's management department, asked to see me for a meeting. And then we talked. I mean, I met him secretly, right, like 7:00 a.m. because I said, I start work at 9:00 a.m.. I just started writing like a fresh grant. So I met him for seven a.m. my breakfast meeting, and he offered me a job like basically. Oh, that's nice. Yeah. And I was really surprised. I was like, My engine sucks. He's like, Oh, well, then you just called to the English train. Yeah, right? I imagine along the way. And yeah, I remember we negotiated the pay and everything. The first meeting. He really thought this guy a
S2: lot of trouble.
S1: He offered me something. I was like, Well, you know, I want this amount and I am a fresh grant. Come on. Like, you got to actually want to ask for your mind was way more than I was getting advertising. OK, which was like, Yeah, the way I saw it is like as long as I'm getting paid more. Yeah, I have nothing to lose, then
S2: you have a reason.
S1: Yeah, exactly. Yeah, I just want to see how far I would go.
S2: And amazingly, you did both. You did Mandarin and you did. Oh my gosh.
S1: Well, I don't know if you can call what I did mention that
S2: I don't know is it? It's what strung together.
S1: I mean, I, I like stumbled through it somehow. I don't know if you can call it did it, but yeah, I guess I did.
S2: Yeah, you did. Yeah. And I remember you, you know, with yo yo yo yo channel your dramas and and then doing really well on Channel five as well. We even did a TV show together. We did a TV show. Yeah, yeah. Actually, we do have some strong interim
S1: one where we we had a camera
S2: there. No, no, he didn't show. Yeah. And we went outdoors to film this like discover something
S1: people doing kind of x.
S2: Yeah, we didn't do it. Fishing? No fishing. No, no, no, no. The one around the Lake Shore, right? Right. Fishing, yeah. Yo yo yo yo yo shing on the hook. Yeah, no.
S1: You guys know
S2: people do confirm it's not really a lousy, catchy name. Sorry to say no. No, no.
S1: Are you saying this, Justin?
S2: Come on. Not only are we not fit, we are going to be as the name
S1: of the show. I know we had hidden camera catching people doing this. Yeah, yeah, yeah. Well, that's called for the life of me I can't remember. I know that when you guys offer me and said, Would you like one video that was like a dream come true for me, really, because I've always wanted to be in radio, never wanted to be in TV.
S2: Wow.
S1: I remember asking my bosses then and they were like, No offense or what? I mean, yeah, it was very rude. That was literally what they say. And now I
S2: know, and it's funny they say that because and you know, it's not all wrong for them to say that because there was a time when people didn't know who or what radio deejays looked
S1: like, you were just like a name. Yeah, we follow
S2: social media with our social media, with our daily exposure on TV and posters and bus ads and stuff like that. You know, no one knew who the people were talking, but, you know, I guess that was part of the intrigue of them listening to radio. But then the whole internet boom came and, you know, everybody was online and it was a different ballgame altogether. And yeah, that was one of the reasons why we thought, Hey, having g on the radio station would be great because I really got two ugly fellows. So at least one pretty good job down here, you know, at least we will be. Interestingly, while they don't look so bad after all, and
S1: that was that was thanks.
S2: No, just be honest. Like, no,
S1: you know, that was like, very exciting for me because I think I grew up listening to radio. And yeah, I've always wanted to be on radio. So I was like, Yeah, and I really pushed my melodies on like, you know, the asking me, La, can I? And then they actually finally agreed.
S2: And I remember great times with Jay is such a nice person to be around, and I have to admit I've not been listening to you guys for the last two minutes. Oh, wow. I was googling the name of our show. Oh, I found it. What catch of the day?
S1: Oh, I never
S2: knew it was official.
S1: I don't know. One Salalah Ladbroke
S2: catch of the day. That's right. That's what I remember when we were filming the intro on a green screen green screen, you had to pretend to be hooked like a fish. Yeah. Yeah, yeah, yeah. Oh boy. This was back in 2012, by the way. So just just to give everybody a long view on you. So, yeah. You know what? If you didn't mention it? I've forgotten that we did that show. I really have. I remember specifically, you know, being on set. I believe it was hot pop. Yes, I think it was. That's right. And then. Three of us were together and we were talking about something, and then they cracked the joke and we were laughing for like a half an hour. So, you know, those were good times and fun times because, you know, off camera, it's just jokes, jokes, jokes, ha ha ha. We didn't think a lot of things. Seriously, yeah. And then when the camera rolled. Most of the time someone would screw up the script. And that's it. Yeah. Yeah, yeah, yeah. Laughing for for so long, right?
S1: That was fun. That was really fun.
S2: Those are fun times. What would you say? Sorry, I know you guys were talking about our on radio. No.
S1: Yeah, because he was all the things I find.
S2: So you giggle. Yeah. What would you say was your favorite TV project before we go back to radio? Wow. Yeah. Don't have to say catch of the day. I don't have to.
S1: Yeah, I was going to say
S2: No, no, no.
S1: Well, actually, I don't know. All right. And he really don't know. I just a lot of it passed as a young artist like in a blur, to be really honest, because time was all like was always so busy and stuff like that. I remember, like, I like the the shows where there were there was a human element. I guess over time I realized I like more than acting.
S2: Yeah, by far.
S1: Yeah, by far. So I like like, I just want to ask you question, who's also a dear friend now who was like, very rude to me to this day? Ray Giudice But we are dear friends and like I remember, just like being with fellow whores, being able to go off script, but also meeting people. I mean, young athletes and, you know, we meet nice people. I don't I can't remember a single specific one, but I just know that I like the
S2: element, the interaction,
S1: the interaction and meeting people, interviewing people, meeting new people, not knowing what to expect every day is a new thing. Whereas acting is like, Yeah, you don't. Every day is different, but you kind of know what to expect.
S2: I think you, I think you know you, you feel like how you feel about acting as well. You're not being yourself is not natural. Yeah, yeah. I'd rather be myself. Me too, right? Yeah, me too. I mean, it's almost like, why am I being somebody else? Yeah. I don't know what you guys are doing. I'm always pretending not thinking that this in real life. So yeah, that's not my radio. So it was really fun having you on board at. And how so? So, so talk about your first days in radio, like when you when you finally turned out among you, said it was a dream come true.
S1: It was. But then I realized I had to control the panel myself. Just Justin, I remember. I remember. Oh my gosh, I remember. You told me. Yeah. And then you were like, All right, it's very easy. You just press this and this and this and make sure this is on. And then that one is all right. And then when you answer the phone call is this is this you want to skip a song and do this? And then I was like, what? Sorry, excuse me. Like, it was very overwhelming. And then and then you and then, like some of the other deejays told me, like, be careful, right? Make sure there's no dead airs or like, if there's a time when is really quite like, just press the next button, because at least then something will be like, Whoa, I think I did. I did like once. Thankfully, not for that
S2: long, but it's OK. Everybody, that's quite scary.
S1: And I think once it went on a bit longer, I thought it would now is like, Oh, wow. I think that was the first thing. And the other thing was like, like I said, like I was used to having a script, at least a concept. Yeah, yeah. And then it was like, Oh, what do you want to do for your show? I'm like,
S2: Huh, I want to make.
S1: I mean, I get to pick what I want to do. And they were like, Yeah, you get to pick exactly what you want to do. I was like, Yeah. So he was liberating, but also really scary. Yeah. You know, at the same time, it was very new. It was very new to have to learn all that and then managed the panels and then. And I remember you tried to teach me how to edit it in like commercials. Yeah. I think those ones you very three layers on me, like struggling for, like the longest time and then you're like, You know what? I'll just have you finished it? I I was like taking so long to edit one voice.
S2: This guy was like, I think he wasn't me. He just needed to use the studio and get the hell out of the studio. I still do that today. And I think sometimes what it takes to live like I do for you. Yeah, I just pretend to be doing my shit. I'm just not.
S1: And I was like, so thankful that he was OK. I mean, it's
S2: like, Oh my gosh, no.
S1: The next one I after I did.
S2: Wow. But it was it was fun.
S1: I mean, I really enjoy reading. It's like one of those things that and I guess even though I felt it in my gut, even as a young 20, something knowing that I want to do radio or TV, I still really like radio. I like the whole medium. I like the whole everything about it. So yeah, I mean, that does my my memory of radio.
S2: Cool. Cool, cool. And then when did you officially leave?
S1: This is a funny question. I've never been Aziz in an interview.
S2: Oh, well, you're welcome. Yeah.
S1: We don't even know how to answer you.
S2: Oh, I you. But what when were you done with the company and you did your own thing full time?
S1: I think it was like a slow process, like after I left radio. Yeah. And then it was very like I. My contract became looser. I signed them all. They still kind of management projects and stuff about their projects. And then but I realized like I was getting a gigs on my own. Hmm. Right. And a lot of because I was hosting a lot more and. They do a lot of live events. Yeah. And for some reason, like you, me to call me, I did live events too. But it was just like a lot of friends from all would be calling me for life events. And then I like the freedom of of just doing it myself. And then I started doing YouTube. They started producing YouTube. And then they all got a bit angry because it was like, So does this belong to, you know, the company or this is belong to me? Yeah. And then and then at one point, I remember being very unhappy because there were projects that I didn't really want to do, but it was hard to say no to that answer. Yes, I was like, You know, I'm just going to take a break and do it my own. And that was Kerry tool, but it was also very liberating. And then so I was like, You know what? I'm going to, I'm going to be in the pool house, guys. I believe you'll be like, have no work. But it didn't turn out to be like that, thankfully. So I'm very thankful to, you know, friends and clans who who gave me jobs and then saw me through that transition period. Yeah. And then I realized, like, you know, I really enjoy doing things on my own. Yeah, yeah. I still love like, I don't know if I love TV. I still love radio. I think for TV, like there's a part of me that likes it, but there's a part of me that likes the freedom that comes with, you know, calling the shots. So I know that I feel like I've done both. I can make better informed decisions
S2: and you've no idea, you know, even though because of the way you put it, you have no idea how much bravery it takes to do what you did leave the company and has regular confidence to do on your own because you asked me, I can't do it. I don't have the confidence to say, I'll leave me a call. I'll do my own thing and you'll be successful. I don't think so. I don't think I could do that.
S1: I mean, it's scary, but like, Oh yeah, I also had the support of Sharon at that point because she was starting on. They say, I don't know if you remember the yeah, yeah. Yeah, yeah, yeah. Right. So then I pitched the idea. I was like, Why don't we do stuff together? And then like somehow. So that gave me a bit more confidence as well. And I was like one foot in, one foot out and you know, it was cool. But the company has always been very kind. So they still gave me some projects even though I wasn't signed. Cool. Yeah. So I made the transition to be less scary.
S2: So there's no bridges. But um,
S1: I like to think that
S2: there's nobody who nobody here who goes like this.
S1: I don't know many that it was like, Oh, can you please get in touch? Because the other thing about my personality, which I've been told is a double edged sword, is I am insensitive. Oh my goodness. No, my mother says I'm insensitive, so I am brutally honest. But I'm also a bit insensitive. So if you don't tell me to my face, am quite often offended by what you said to me. I may not know is wrong.
S2: I mean, I always thought of you, though I'm just like you. You're very honest and I like, This is good.
S1: All these while I thought you guys like me by if all secretly don't know me, I wouldn't know. I wouldn't know.
S2: We're not honest. Or we wouldn't tell you my honesty.
S1: Honestly, wouldn't know. So, yeah, I don't know. I don't know if I've unwittingly of anything more along the way, some of my close friends. But close enough, I remember this one close friend actually texted me one day. Yeah, but they are no Ian, Matt, and she's like, I'm actually quite upset with you and upset by something that you said. Like what? She said, like you say yesterday and I had no, no,
S2: oh god, what was
S1: it? I don't know. Somewhere along the line, she said, I insinuated that she was fat and my friend is thinner than me. I don't know. Is it possible that I would have said that she was fat too, I think is very rude to call people fat?
S2: How is it possible that someone delivered you? Are you missing the point? Oh, sure.
S1: Truly, I handle Archie's. They know me. So I was like, Babe, sure, I don't know why he said that. But you think that, but I didn't mean it. And I mean, I go love, and I'm so glad you brought it up to me, because if not, she would have been upset and I'd be like, Oh, you would never have known. So yeah. Public announcement, please. If you're unhappy me, you have to tell me I'm insensitive like that. My mother scold me about this all the time. I have no idea you'll find me. You asked me, Do I have any bridges? But I will say, No, no, no, no.
S2: OK, I don't know what you do. I don't think you do, because I doubt it. We all know your name is always mentioned with a laugh, with a laugh on every year around here, you know, but you've got an old thing, which is, like I said, a lot of people would be envious of that. Yeah. Let me ask you a maybe insensitive question. So get me to my favorite things. One to know exactly what to say.
S1: I'm very OK.
S2: Thank you, everybody. How do you make money now?
S1: Well, actually that one, right? I tell people there is the long answer and the short answer to that. And you're know, it's not an insensitive question, although it is a slightly tiresome question. When I'm asked, is our party OK with a drink in hand? Liaises even a nice to meet.
S2: I'm sorry.
S1: Justin's really like how you make money on all these, you know, no celebrity. They actually say like and I I don't get offended.
S2: But I mean, you're no longer a celebrity. Yeah, I mean,
S1: people say that he was saying it to you. I don't have anybody like they say, and they ask you, How do you make money? And I don't know how to explain, right? So you want the long answer, the short answer,
S2: just as long as you want. This is a podcast, man. It's it's all your airtime.
S1: OK? The long answer is I feel like the world has changed. The medium has changed. The mediums have changed. Right now, it's no longer about just the medium. I like the thing. It's it's you as the person. And it's a struggle on my own. I realize it is me and what I bring to the table in. In whatever context it is, you're right, so I've also I've reconciled, this is a hard question to answer. It was because I use a few very offensive like, you know, I owe you money what way I want? No question. But over the years, I'm like, You know, I find it funny. Yeah. And I was honest and people are curious. So there are many channels like the very when I do interviews, people are like, So are you a
S2: YouTube instructor,
S1: the YouTuber? Are you a positive psychology practitioner? You are a lecturer. You are what? I'm like, you know, for your purpose, just use whatever you want. Yeah, because it doesn't. It doesn't matter anymore. Yeah. OK. One is the social media. Yeah, and that's the most obvious, right? So I guess you can say there's the content creation part of it. So I create videos, but increasingly people also pay for like four opposed. Yeah. Or like I do consultancy work actually for brands, which I don't really talk about. OK. Right. So brands come to me and they're like, you know, they need help with their marketing or their social media. So I do it back and I have staff who help me do that. I don't like it. I don't talk about it. But it was a very natural and even choose to start this business. Some people came to me the like as a friend. They ask for help and then a lot of times I just help. And then they're like, If you Bella, can I pay you a bit of money? So you do this for me? You know, and and so I started doing that for a few brands selectively. Very cool. Right. So that's the social media part. And then there's the front end that you see, which is the content creation part. I took a course in positive psychology, so I'm a certified positive psychology practitioner and
S2: I tried everything to say yes, no positive psychology, no money.
S1: Yes, you are coming to my next book. I literally ran a workshop just a month ago, right? The art of saying No,
S2: wow, OK.
S1: Yeah, is not everything. Say yes. So I mean, I go outside to find that because I realized all these years, I've done all these readings and this book, and it was to do that. But wow, I just I put it in the starting line again. I mean, so I decided to study and and get that done. And then so I run workshops, right? I do like small group coaching sessions. I'm not a psychologist. People always ask me, Are you a psychologist? You want a balance? I'm like, No, but I can coach you and I do more like workshop based stuff. So pre-COVID, I had plans to do a huge like retreats, like a few days. You stay in shape. And I combine it with the physical aspect because part of positive psychology is that the physical activity is very important and you guys know how much I do of that. So I wanted to marry the tool and put that together. So that's another, I guess, income stream. Yeah, you know, and of course, I teach bones. Yeah, but that one's more like a hobby like to be honest, because I only teach once a week. Wednesdays, 7pm Hope to see you guys there. OK. Yeah. I culture studios. So I don't own the studio. I really I really. It's just it's
S2: just take a class that I
S1: just take a class and my friends on in the studio, so I just kind of help them out. Wow. And I guess the large income stream, which is the one I'm most excited and most working on in real hard right now is I'm launching an activewear line. I don't know if it will be out by the time of this podcast.
S2: Cool. Perfect. Perfect spokesperson for activewear. I know guy who's more active there.
S1: Yeah, yeah, yeah. So I mean, is that are being more activewear. But then my partners were like, Let's do it. More athleisure, like a studio to dress up a little bit. Yeah, but most times I am just in workout clothes on. Pandemic dressing meant meant my part-time help didn't come in with nothing on it. You're wearing needs to be out because they know I'm going to I and that. Yeah. So we would wear clothes are really good heels, although it's almost every day and we'll work on and we then you leave a of.
S2: And anyway, it's all about comfort. Yeah, for sure. For sure.
S1: So we'll go again and let you throw on a sweater over or whatever. So it's got Juju and it's coming out in October. So that's like, I guess
S2: it's called what Juja Juju Gel? What does it mean?
S1: It means nothing. It means my partners have names that also and you know, Jenny's Jade, Julian and me. OK. And another friend and she's the double e's. We're like, you know, we just came up, you know, meaning they know, I'm sure
S2: you mean, yeah, there cannot be a meaning to that.
S1: Like there are two Jews and two jars and one eye and the Mallette, just call it too,
S2: which are nice. I was about to say, Rahayu, yeah, you know, we are in the same room. It's called bitch to be like spokespersons for Georgia. But no, look, no, no, no, it doesn't.
S1: We have a male line as well as we do.
S2: It can be done before big just, you know, once you usually become the guy. That's my diagnosis. And I tell
S1: you one thing that I missed always design. I got to see because you have kids, this one is really all my comfort zone. I got to say everything. You're right. Everything that we've talked about till now, you're pregnant now, OK?
S2: I know. Like, I'm shocked
S1: to hear the shouting, I don't know. Nobody has to do with kids. OK, so I'm going to push Malaysia to say, Well, I run a public speaking workshop for kids, mom, and this is all my comfort zone, right? Public speaking, something I do. I have run workshops on it for adults and young adults, but not for kids. It's yeah, yeah. But I pulled in, you know, old friends who are experts in the area or teachers and stuff like that and. Yes. As you read a public speaking workshop for kids, I call this because of JTA and in does so much energy on me, can I just see?
S2: Yeah, that's if there's anyone that has more energy than is children.
S1: Yes. Yes, it was a three day workshop after the first day. I know I'm such an energetic person. I came home and I sat on the couch six p.m. and I just collapsed and I was like, Oh, I need to lie down.
S2: Welcome to my Saturday. How do you do it?
S1: No. Yes, I really kudos to parents. I'm like, Wow,
S2: no, yeah. You know, it's one of those things that you just have to do because it's a necessity, because if you leave them alone, the house will burn down. So, you know, it is a survival instinct. And then the end of night, when they go to bed, then you just fall in good shape and
S1: they are the cutest things. But they have so much energy was like,
S2: Whoa, oh, so so so no kids for you.
S1: It's not in my current list of plans. I'm not really a planner, legislators read. None of this stuff that I've done is like, has been planned, but it's not. It's not the current like. I need to do this now. I mean, I like helping kids, so I'm actually going to run a second sippy cup of zero nine and which is running going to run skating workshops is that if I dance and people are like, Can you teach my kids, you know, like, I'm going to bring in some friends, OK, sure. And I bring in experts. So the other thing I learned along the way is when you can do something as well as someone else. Yeah, I'll bring in experts who can help me and I partner them. And then it's good. But yeah, not not my on the list of my priorities right now. Really?
S2: Right? It's also interesting that learn so many things about it, and it doesn't seem, gee, we knew all those years ago.
S1: We all have a very different, not different.
S2: As in personality wise, you have the same bubbly character that we know, but you're just doing so much. OK. And in the most amazing way possible. Exactly. Well done. In fact, going back to social media, you have a show on on air
S1: and you guys are going to be on it,
S2: which we, we we we got to treat it, treat it right. So what is it called catch of the day?
S1: It's so funny. It's called the catch up catch. You can't catch up. There is a catch and there is a
S2: show, so you're on a podcast. This is this will be a plug for the catch up. We're going to be on Jade's YouTube as well. Something to look forward to in the weeks to come. So what we're going to do that very soon. But one more thing to do before we wrap up this podcast. All right. We love doing this with all our guests. So we've been asking you questions for half an hour now. It's your turn to ask us back. Now you're going to ask us, obviously a lot more questions on your show. Yeah, but but here on the mountain side, which we do require you to ask us back a question to wrap up, it can be one of us. You can be both of us and any question to you. It's up to you. What can I ask
S1: each of you one question?
S2: Sure. It's your show. You know we do. We make up the rules as we go along. Yeah.
S1: So, OK, Vernon?
S2: Yes, ma'am. Please ask me to bounce back.
S1: That would be if you got any more plans for any more kids. No. And what have you
S2: one more know? Does it not? I'm getting a vasectomy, isn't it? Let's say enough, and you're listening. You first year on the block. No, we both don't want any more kids. Yeah, it it. It's a blessing to have kids, but I think we're at our maximum limit now. Handling two is is no more than anyone can handle. And you know what I do. I hate to give the B.S. answer, but if it happens, it happens. But we're not planning for any more kids. Oh yeah.
S1: So if he doesn't get the vasectomy, you're NOLA.
S2: Yeah, yeah. If it's not vasectomies comes out, then you know, like, no, if it's not a vasectomy is a knee to the groin. So it's basically what happens from here is oopsie, you know? Yeah. But then you go doing this in a very nice question in India. The kids are a blessing. Don't get us wrong. We we love having kids do this cute. This boy did not say anything, but, but yeah, you know, I think there's a limit and I'm not getting any younger as well. So yeah, I
S1: have a friend. I have friends who follow you guys for your kids. Oh, kids are really, really, you know,
S2: I tell his wife very often, like, there's not enough post about the kids.
S1: Yeah, is so cute.
S2: That's not enough Insta stories. We want to be that you. They think bears are both good pictures all the time. That's only if your kids are ugly. Oh my god, kids are cute, is he? He's not a bear in the
S1: up
S2: and say this. Exactly. OK, Justin? Yes. Yes. Oh, I. Know. I know kids. I never. I never wanted kids.
S1: I already knew that going from all those years, baby, I think we had this question.
S2: Yeah, we had this conversation years
S1: ago and it was like two kids love one another, two kids and then two more kids.
S2: I'm making kids for the both of you. So, yeah, thank you for representing. So making up for what's up with that.
S1: But do you have any? I don't know a plan for yourself. Oh yeah. Anything in general, right?
S2: Beyond eating ideal for lunch.
S1: Hey, was you have I did have a lunch.
S2: No, I know. Thank you, bye. No, that's that's a that's actually a question that our H.R. department asked me every year during our during our annual review. Like, what do you want to do just in of anything else you wanted to know? OK, so so so the honest truth is this this show that we're doing now at least one out The Morning Show on Class 5A. It just takes up so much of your time. So much of your mental energy. And saying this to you is pointless because you do like to 200 times more things that I know.
S1: I know how much goes into our readers
S2: so much that I feel like if I do anything else, I seem to do with, with with, with radio or whatever. Right? I'm just I'm going to do a lot of things good. I will do anything well.
S1: I'll get what I need to learn is focus. So that's something I also like to say. No. Yeah, I'll say no. So you kind of focus
S2: it over the years, of course. Do you want to do this or do that? You ought to handle this. I'm like, No, because I then I will do too many things and everything will be done, OK, but nothing is done really good. So I want to I want to concentrate on this is the is the biggest morning show in Singapore. I need to concentrate on it. And of course, you probably know we run a side business. Yes. With food as well. Yeah, that's that's about all I have time for. If you want to learn to say no, I'll lend you my son you to brush your teeth. No salad, no going to sleep. No. He is very good. Very good. So it's unambitious as it sounds. No, I love the focus. No plans to add on to any more, Noel. Nice. Right, Jane. Thank you for spending time with us.
S1: Thanks for having me.
S2: I appreciate. Always nice to chat with a friend. Oh yeah. Reminiscing and all that. I appreciate the catch up. See the plan that I saw, of course. Catch us on Jane's show. That's right. Her Instagram and YouTube as well. How do we find you on YouTube again? What's your what's a channel name you do?
S1: So the catch up is on monster TV, the online. OK, right? By the way, is if you just follow me on Instagram, all the updates will be there anyway.
S2: Fantastic. Very cool. Very cool. Yeah. Thanks for hanging with us today. Thank you. Thanks for bouncing with us.