Speaker 1: Welcome to Eat Drink Singapore on CNA 938. You're with me, Cheryl Goh. Uh, if you don't already know, the 8th of March is International Women's Day, and while the celebrations are starting early at the Goodwood Park Hotel as it presents a really extraordinary array of specially curated experiences that pay tribute to the remarkable women. Including you and I who shape our world from indulgent dining experiences to exclusive privileges. Well, the hotel invites guests to commemorate this significant day with elegance and appreciation and this year is also particularly special as Goodwood Park Hotel celebrates its 125th anniversary, marking over a century of timeless charm, culinary excellence and exceptional hospitality. And of course, because of this, the the hotel is offering exciting promotions and experiences throughout the year and of course in celebration of International Women's Day IWD and to tell us more, we have Cheryl Lee, director of marketing communications at Goodwood Park Hotel. Cheryl, I hope you're having a good start to your Monday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you so much for having me, Cheryl. Yeah, so far is off to a great start.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so tell us, um, why is Goodwood Park celebrating IWD in such a big way? Why, why is this occasion so important to the hotel?
Speaker 2: Yeah. So at Goodwood Park Hotel, we actually started celebrating International Women's Day since 2017. Um, we have always believed in celebrating and also honoring, you know, the contributions of women, whether it's our valued guests or even staff. Um, it's something we recognize actually every day, not just, you know, on International Women's Day, but with this significant day happening around the corner, it, it well aligns with what we. Believe in. And it was an opportunity for us to create this meaningful and memorable experiences for the women in our life who have impacted us in one way or another. So which is why we have launched, you know, like a lineup of dining offers at all of our hotel restaurants, um, on 8 March this Saturday. It's important to us because as a heritage hotel with like you mentioned earlier, 125 years of history, we have definitely witnessed the, the evolving roles of women and how they have impacted us. So we are definitely proud to recognize and also celebrate these achievements with all women alike.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and and I'm sure that a lot of your staff as well are women, right, at the hotel. Yes, definitely. OK, um, so you said you've celebrated this since 2017. Has it always been like dining offers or have there been other activities as well?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it has primarily been um dining offers, but it actually then depends on on the different promotions. So every year we come up with something new so that our guests can have something different to look out for uh each, each time. And, um, I think for this it's a little bit different. Um, all of our hotel and restaurants have something to offer, given that, um, International Women's Day, this is on a Saturday. So we're actually expecting more people to be out, you know, not just the women, but the men as well. The
Speaker 1: partners, right? Yeah.
Speaker 2: So like, um, we don't just offer it for the woman, but the man is also in for something special. Yeah,
Speaker 1: that's very nice. All right, let's let's get into the the various IWD offerings at Goodwood Park Hotel, then Cheryl, starting with uh. Duurian dessert buffet at the coffee lounge.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I guess for Singaporeans, I guess most Singaporeans love durian. So when you think of Goodwood Park Hotel, you can, you definitely think of, you know, durian pastries and the, and the, and the durian fiesta that we run every year. So we're bringing this, uh, highly anticipated durian dessert buffet back at Coffee Lounge only on 8 March. It's a one-day exclusive. But just to share, so this desert buffet at Coffee Lounge. We are officially launching it actually only on 4th April onwards. So this Saturday, on 3rd March is actually
Speaker 1: a sneak preview lah.
Speaker 2: So customers can actually get to um try it in advance, um, and it's at a special price of $38 top-up when you order like a main course or a set menu. So for the ladies, it's $38 additional. You get to enjoy the durian dessert buffet as well as other desserts on the buffet line. And then for men, you, you get to enjoy this experience at $48 additional top-up. So when we launch in April, the price will be at $50. So if you want to kind of have a sneak preview in advance and enjoy that special rate, it will be at $38 for this Saturday.
Speaker 1: Oh, very nice, very nice, uh, uh, Cheryl, it sounds like such a good deal as well. Good news for the durian lovers, both the men and the women as well. And of course, I mean, I don't want to stereotype, but I think there is some truth to this, but you know, us ladies, we do love our high tea, right? It's something that, you know, if you if you tell me to go I I I will I will never say no so. Tell us about the high tea offering at Goodwood Park that's for IWD. Yes,
Speaker 2: absolutely. So this afternoon tea offering is at L'Espresso. Um, it's actually we are actually known for our English afternoon tea. Uh, and actually for the month of March, you know, as part of 125th anniversary, our afternoon tea at L'Espresso is actually priced at 125 for two adults. And it comes with, uh, a complimentary glass of sparkling wine, uh, for guests who, you know, dine with us in March. And on top of that, for IWD, um, guests can actually enjoy a bottle of sparkling wine at $38. So let's say, you know, you really enjoy that complimentary glass and you want to keep going for more, um, the extra bottle is at $38 per, per, per bottle. And at the afternoon tea menu, of course, you know, you can find a lot of dainty and savory sweet treats, including like open face sandwiches as well as delicate pastry. So you can find highlights like crab salad with avocado, Parma ham with brie cheese croissant, um, bread and butter pudding for the sweets, and how can you not have afternoon tea without like some freshly baked stones and. cream, right? So actually that's one of the main highlights for L'Espresso. We have 6 different types of scones. Um, so, you know, we have like the, the, the, the, the usual, um, plain stone, raisins, pistachio stones. So it's one of my favorites at L'Espresso actually, like, where, not, I guess not many peoples offer that big of a variety of scones. Um, yeah, so, so that's what guests can actually expect when they come and dine at 'spresso. during the afternoon tea. Oh,
Speaker 1: that sounds really good. Uh how many sittings of the afternoon tea do you have at L'Espresso, Cheryl?
Speaker 2: So on Saturday, there are 2s, uh, mainly for weekends we have 2 seas, and then on weekdays we have 1.
Speaker 1: OK, something to think about, you know, if you want to bring your sister, your mom, your best female friend, I think high tea would be a great option as well. But for those of us who want something a bit more uh delicate, perhaps there's this special dimsum deal at your very renowned Chinese restaurant Minjiang as well. So even Minjiang is getting in on the action.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's right. So actually this year, I guess, um, most of all of our outlets have, uh, something to offer. So at Minjiang, typically for guests who, you know, they are craving some Chinese cuisine, um, they can actually enjoy this special dim sum bundle that we have created. It's uh $38 for lunch. And exclusively available to the 1st 88 female diners only. So this dim sum bundle actually features 8 causes of different types of dim sum. It starts with this uh dimsum symphony where it features a couple of items like deep fried pumpkin pastry with chicken, reserved turnip and mushroom, and a super cute uh pan-fried leaf bun with mushroom and asparagus. And of course, There are other highlights, you know, besides just the steam, uh, items, there's like the poached prawn dumpling in chili oil. There's your, uh, everybody's favorite steamed Shanghai Xiaolong pao, as well as mock fried carrot cake with a special XO sauce. So if you're looking for some, you know, dim sum on a weekend to kind of like young cha with your family or friends, this is perfect.
Speaker 1: So this one is, um. Is it just for women or like if let's say like we bring a a male companion, they also get to enjoy it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so, uh, because I mentioned is for 88 female diners, but definitely our restaurants would be practicing some sort of flexibility. So it's like a little, uh, uh, you know, let's say you come with a family of like 6 and then there's like 4 ladies and 2 men, we won't just. Give it to the ladies for sure. The men get it as well. So you heard it here first,
Speaker 1: right?
Speaker 2: You don't market that explicitly, but I mean, yeah, definitely the restaurant would practice some flexibility and allow, you know, all diners to enjoy this special
Speaker 1: promotion. So if you're one of the lucky males, you never know. You might get to enjoy this special dimsum course at Minjiang as well. And uh so we've covered, you know, the coffee lounge, we've covered um high tea and then dim sum, and then for something a bit hardier, there's the Golden Grill, uh, where you know you get your steaks and and your main courses. What do you, what does the Golden Grill have in store for female diners?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so Golden Grill, um, we are offering women, you know, like sparkling wine at a special price of 38. Um, whenever they order any main course or set menu. So you can imagine, um, you know, spending the Saturday afternoon, having your favorite roast paired with wine, uh, as Golden Grill is very traditional, uh, most of our customers come for the beef steak. So actually, how, how, um, Golden Grill, um, actually runs is that. Um, when guests order their, their beef, there's a meat trolley that is wheeled to each table for you to actually choose, you know, and then they will slice it in front of you, meticulously we present it to you before it's cooked in the kitchen. So that's the kind of, um, traditional dining experiences that we're offering to all customers too.
Speaker 1: And of course you get that special little glass of rose as a treat on only on Saturday as well I assume, or the whole week.
Speaker 2: Uh, so for the, for the sparkling wine it's uh at a special price per bottle at $38.
Speaker 1: OK, and that is for the just the Saturday itself or the Saturday, Saturday. OK, very limited special indeed, but of course, no better way to commemorate IWD. Um, you know, like we mentioned, Cheryl, uh, I'm sure a lot of the staff at Goodwood Park are women as well, you know, and they help to keep the hotel in tiptop shape, keep it running really smoothly. Do you have any special plans to celebrate the female staff at the hotel?
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure. So, to honor this meaningful occasion, we actually invited our female employees to share, um, stories, you know, about the woman who inspired them and how they feel that women can empower one another whenever they faced with challenges in life or even at work. So, um, you know, it would be interesting to actually hear the stories shared by colleagues, even me, myself. I'm curious to, um, day in and day out of work, we know who our colleagues are, but we don't really know who are they as individuals. They are. Many who have, you know, worked for more than 10 years, 20 years, um, you know, some even worked for over 30 years. Um, but these are things that, you know, not all employees would know, and these stories go beyond like the working hours, and especially for the hotel industry, uh, I would say more than 50% of our employees, they are very operational driven. They work tirelessly to serve gas, um, you know, housekeeping, front office. These are, um, shift hours, shift hours. So, you know. You know, we are always working hand in hand, but we definitely do not know their stories. So, um, you know, the, the our HR team has gone above and beyond to actually try and put together these stories for all employees to understand, and, um, it will be quite, quite nice. It's like a little softer approach. Uh, yeah, so, so it's something different that we're doing this year for employees.
Speaker 1: Oh, I love that. I mean, that, yeah, a little bit more of the human element, like they're not just a colleague, right? There's a whole person behind each role in in in the hotel. Oh, that's, that's wonderful. So, so kudos to you guys for doing that. I'm sure the the female staff will be very pleased as well. And as like we said, you know, a big year for you guys, 125 years, uh, what a what a milestone, um, and obviously you've got your IWD plans, but what else are you, are you, is this going to be a year-long celebration for Goodwood Park?
Speaker 2: Yes, it is actually. So 2025 is a very special year for us, you know, as I mentioned, we are celebrating 125 years of hospitality and excellence and Of course, we can't achieve this without, you know, our guests who have been loyal supporters of, you know, the hotel and the different promotions we are running. So throughout this whole year, we have a series of exciting events, promotions, and also limited time offerings, you know, from food to room vacations as well. So every month, our guests can look forward to something special. Um, take for example, this March, we have launched Duurian Fiesta, our famed durian Fiesta promotion. So we have actually put together like this 125th anniversary exclusive bundle where, um, guests can actually enjoy perhaps like 5 or 6 different durian items in the bundle for an exclusive price of $125. So, Uh, throughout this whole year, uh, uh, we are offering quite a number of items that is priced at 125, 1250. We are more or less playing around with their numbers. Um, so all our guests can, can look forward, you know, to what's to come in the next few months. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I can imagine some really good 1250. So that would be
Speaker 2: exactly,
Speaker 1: yeah.
Speaker 2: So we actually launched this, um, mini D24 spiky duo. It's, it's like a new durian dessert. It's like a little mousse cake shape in the. durian, um, a durian che, so it's 2 for 1250, which is a pretty
Speaker 1: good deal. That is a really good deal. Yeah, right, I might check you guys out on that as well. Alright, um, Cheryl, this has been great telling us all about the different, uh, dining options at Goodwood Park for IWD, but before we let you go, um, given that IWD is happening on the 8th of March, uh, would you like to wish our female listeners anything special for IWD? Yeah,
Speaker 2: absolutely. So you know, incredible women out there. So definitely Happy International Women's Day. Um, it's not just for that one day, but, you know, remember that, um, this day is actually a reminder of our strength and resilience. There's actually so much, you know, that us women, we can achieve. We should always take time, I believe, to celebrate ourselves, cherish these moments that bring you joy and also inspire the people around you, whether women or even men as well. So, um, you know, while you're at it, we definitely hope to welcome. How come, you know, all women and everyone to Google Park Hotel for a memorable celebration this weekend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wonderful. And I also wish you and all the staff, the female staff at Goodwood Park a happy IWD as well. We've been speaking to Cheryl Lee, director of marketing communications at Goodwood Park Hotel. If you want to find out more about all their various IWD offerings, go to their website www.goodwood Parkhotel oneword.com. Cheryl, it's been a pleasure. Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much.