Speaker 1: Hi, Tao, this is Zura and I'm Jermaine and welcome back to another episode of Celebrities. Today. We've got a very special guest here with us to discuss something that I'm surprised we haven't done over like the last however many episodes, 90 plus episode 90 plus. Let's welcome Stie Lee.
Speaker 2: Hi, everyone. My name is Stie and I'm the founder and CEO of I do for you. A wedding planning and event service company. We've been in the industry for about three or so years. Must be
Speaker 1: booming industry, wedding planning, but not so much during COVID, I would think.
Speaker 2: Right. Actually, funny enough, I started this company at the start of COVID. Yeah. And we kind of like developed from there from like home civilizations, from small scale to the five packs to the 10 packs, the whole increase. You've seen it all. We
Speaker 1: saw it all. So today we are talking about happily ever after. Is it really happy to plan a wedding or is it more like, ah, pull my hair out kind of situation? Ok.
Speaker 2: Ok. Of course, some brides are more stressed out more than the men. Of course, the men are stressed out. With the money. But for the bright side is more of the aesthetics, how it looks. And of course, if they are happy,
Speaker 1: speaking of aesthetics, you also style the weddings. You have a company called I style for you. So I do for you and I style for you. So you plan the wedding and you style the wedding, correct? She's monopolizing the whole industry.
Speaker 2: I mean why I do this is because when you plan the wedding, there is a whole vision board, the whole mood board that the bride wants and it's very hard to kind of relate to someone else unless the person has been in the industry for a long time or, or I'm really good friends with the person or if the couple is comfortable with the stylist itself. So sometimes the brides come in and be like, you know what? I don't want to talk to so many people, I just want to talk to you then. Yes, I can do this for you as well. I
Speaker 1: can't wait to hear all the wicky wacky stories of planning weddings. But let's start off with this. Right? I mean, only one person here in the room has been married before who has actually had a wedding. So I think we'll have different perspectives. Who guess who? Huh? Yes, you guys
Speaker 2: are looking at her,
Speaker 1: gave it away. So coming as the perspective of wedding guests and wedding planner and also someone who's had a wedding. What is your favorite part about? Weddings? Me, everyone, you go first. Absolutely nothing. I don't do weddings anymore. Everybody. I had myself at two weddings a year. You have to be absolutely, like, really close for me to show up. Here's the thing. I used to play the violin at many, many, many weddings as well, of course. So I've seen a lot of weddings at this point and I think, right, honestly, it's the one that at least showy and are most feel that people remember it's not planned down to the minute. It's not OK. This person has to do this dance. I want to surprise performance for that person. It's not, it's not the grand romantic gesture kind of wedding. No, I think the weddings that I remember attending and the ones I've had most fun at are usually those that are just so filled with love. You know, it's just a group of a room full of people who loves the couple, crowding it out and having fun together. Have you played the violin at someone's first and then second wedding? No, no. Had a friend who hosted a wedding for the same person twice. And then did she say the second time that she started off by saying
Speaker 2: welcome again,
Speaker 1: different brides, of course, but he felt like super, super awkward about OK, favorite part of weddings. What about you stie?
Speaker 2: Uh It will be the summation time. So because that's when you see the couple together. You know, the other parts of the wedding is more of like cake cutting, champagne popping. It's very standard and you see in every single wedding so it kind of gets boring, you know, but during the summer you actually hear the vows that they say for each other. That's when a tear, the tearing factor comes in.
Speaker 1: How many percent of couples cry during their wedding vows or solemnization?
Speaker 2: Most of the time they do almost 100%. Yeah, almost 100%. You
Speaker 1: would you say more? The bride, the
Speaker 2: groom as well? Actually,
Speaker 1: quite a number of weddings. And my favorite part is the speech by the couple. I love that. And most of the time the groom cries very cute. I just want to shout out to my personal trainer Lucas. You know, he stands at 190 C and he is a guy cry at his wedding and then the wife gave him so petite, right? It's so cute. It's so heartfelt. It's so sincere. I love that. I think planning a wedding is so, what's yours? Oh, my favorite part of that. I think my favorite part of a wedding is, is when I don't know if this happens at all weddings, but I always think it's very sweet when the dad walks the bride down the aisle. It's like it's just such a poignant moment of giving away a girl to her future husband and things like that. I feel like that would be the pride that makes me cry. Like thinking about it. Now I want to cry
Speaker 2: already. But now a lot of people also want their moms to walk them down the aisle as well. Also, now it's done both sides actually. That's a good idea. Why? Only the, that. Yeah, because I, now a lot of people are thinking, you know, the mom nurture and raise the child also. so they want to do it together.
Speaker 1: That's a good point. Yeah. So I think planning a wedding, there's so many traditional things, but there are also a lot of things people do differently these days and also crazy stuff that I've seen. Right. It's very exciting. And it seems that apparently someone in this room is getting married soon. Oh, I want to be Jermaine. Huh? I won't reveal it just yet. Ok. But we'll tell you a bit more for now. Step being a wedding planner. Has that always been like a dream of yours? Yeah, I
Speaker 2: wanted, yeah. Yeah, I wanted to do this since I was seven. What is
Speaker 1: it about weddings that you love so
Speaker 2: much? Ok. So when I was younger, like in kindergarten, I always tell my parents that like, I want to do this, I want to do that. I want to start this. I want to start that like a bakery or fashion, you know, a lot of different types of businesses and then one day I don't know why I woke up and I was like, you know, why don't I do something that I can put everything together? Like I can do everything. Then I was like, oh, why not weddings? That was when it sparked at that point of time. And then as I go, my parents are divorced, I didn't believe in love back then. Then I was like, ok, if I cannot be happy, then I can help someone be happy. Yeah. So then I continued to like push this dream of mine until like now at what
Speaker 1: age do you actualize that dream?
Speaker 2: Honestly, after when I was 16, after I graduated from secondary four, I went to Australia to study and that was when I had to decide what's going to be my major because I did the whole foundation diploma course there. So then I went into public relations and entertainment because I looked up on the internet. What is good for a wedding planner? What is a good trade? You know, things like that? So I think since then I was like, ok, I'm really gonna make this thing, make this dream. I think so. I think that was when I really,
Speaker 1: yeah. And then at what age did you start? I do for
Speaker 2: you? I started I do for you when I was 20 two.
Speaker 1: You said three years ago. So you're 25. I'm 26. Oh, I'm shook. Oh my God. In Chinese. We call this your way young and capable. There we go so much already. I think we weddings in Singapore for me. When I think of weddings in Singapore, I think of the word expensive. I don't know if you guys think the same way, of course, going to weddings, giving all the sens for sure. What is the biggest wedding you have planned? And how much did it cost?
Speaker 2: Ok. So we have planned a lot of different types of weddings. I just got to put it out there. But the biggest one, the groom actually spent about a million dollars on his wedding. A million dollars. Yeah. Who
Speaker 1: is this person? Do we know him? Where you
Speaker 2: guys might know him?
Speaker 1: We cut it out the last day, most of that money go to. Was it the the floral arrangement the biggest expense of this
Speaker 2: wedding? His vintage car that he bought? Wait,
Speaker 1: wait, wait, what? He bought a car for the wedding? Yeah. Why not just rent a car? I
Speaker 2: don't know like because he can, he can, he can, he can
Speaker 1: we forgot about that because he can, he can. Wow. Ok. On the converse side, right? What is the lowest budget wedding you've planned? I want to know
Speaker 2: this home summations, but it's very intimate and honestly it has a lot of feely feely to that also because it's all like close friends, like close family members. Yeah. So that's very nice.
Speaker 1: How much would that cost like a home. So
Speaker 2: to be honest, for home. So all you got to do is to decorate your house and you don't really need much. You just need flowers here and there. Yes, you got to bring in catering, you got to bring tables and chairs, but it's going to cost way less than hiring a venue, like five
Speaker 1: K less than that really way less than that. I'm
Speaker 2: sure about it. Depends how extra extravagant you want your floor, the call to be ok. Right. So if you want like a whole back job, something, if your house is like landed, you have stairs, you want to do something in the stairs, then I would say floral itself would cost maybe 5 to 6 K.
Speaker 1: I should be a florist.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's a lot of work.
Speaker 1: Right. You know, my sister just rented this place at a civil service club somewhere near to our place to hold her solemnization and then invited less than 20 people over and then we just got catering and I don't think it cost a lot honestly, but that's what she wanted. Exactly. Something small, homely comfortable and she even did the decorations herself because she wanted to do everything according to how she liked it to be and not a fan of like big parties and stuff. I have a close family friend who is planning her wedding and she's about your age actually. And she is a big foodie. So, one of her first requirements is there must be good food and I must be able to eat it. Right. That's like her only thing. So she's looking at a restaurant to hold a wedding instead of like a banquet or, or a venue because she knows the restaurants, food will be good. That's her requirement. Honestly, don't you think like, banquets are so expensive these days? It is the other day. Can I just say I went to one and, and then I looked up right. There's a website called What Singapore brides.com where you can see how much it costs, right? So why are you checking? Because that's one of the places my like family friend is looking at. Ok. I just thought it's so expensive honestly. And the food was in my humble opinion, girl, I need to tell her right now. I gotta call her. Actually, she's a big listener. Listen to this.
Speaker 2: Ok? I'm from the wedding industry. So like you guys better fuck up.
Speaker 1: Ok? You know what I think has good food. My ideal wedding place mcdonald's not really, but it starts with an M AJ W Marriott. I love that place, the dome shaped ceiling and then I like the sound system. There's something that's so important for me as oppose the sound systems that and there's this a guy working there. He's so good that asking for his name. Eugene, I show the panels and the food is good but I think it also can be a bit pricey. Her head is about 2 8300. Yeah, I did a lot of research when I thought I was going to get married. JW married was one of the places I wanted to get married. You were quite a capella. Noel is a bit small, very, very, very price also. Very, but ok. Is there such a thing as like, you know, when you're planning? Right? Especially for a wedding, they always say you have to book the venue two years ahead, you have to get your dress like at least a year. It's so stressful. Is there a timeline for these things as a wedding planner? You're like you have to do
Speaker 2: this. I won't like do it like that like you have to do this but like yes, there is a whole timeline that you should consider doing. Ok. So I would say why people start looking two years in advance? Like for example, they just got proposed, then they immediately want to gram of things. One is because of the price in 2024 there is the 1% extra GST which is the 9% right? So then a lot of people start planning in either 2022 or 2023. How this works is for example, some vendors allow clients to pay in full before the year end, ok? If you get what I mean? So in 2020 some vendors allow their clients to pay 8% in December. Ok. Then the whole service is paid for. So then technically it's cheaper if you think about it in the whole grand scheme. Yeah. And also because now it's 2024. If they signed the package this year, the prices have changed, it has increased. So, for example, venues, right, every year there is a change in price. All
Speaker 1: right, I forgot about that. Not just the GST he oh my God, this like Chanel bags, you know, I know that usually when you inquire for services, like they'll tell you like which year then they give you like this are the 2024 prices, but this is like the 2025 prices, you know, of course. Ok. Is it, can I ask, ask how much did you spend on your wedding? Ok. First of all, I managed to save maybe about 30% of my spendings because those were sponsored, but I still did spend about 120 I think $120,000. Is that, is
Speaker 2: that a lot? That's a lot. I mean, that's a lot because she said that she's also sponsor,
Speaker 1: but she also had like 1000 people at her wedding. How 2000, 2000, 2000? Ok.
Speaker 2: Then that makes sense when you buy your wedding at Expo. No,
Speaker 1: but after all the p came in, how much cannot cover it? Really cannot cover? And recently as well had friends who got married and these are like smaller weddings, 200 over people, 300 people. You would think that possible to cover. It's not possible. People are not covering anymore. Apparently it's really hard right now because the prices are so expensive. It's true. Like, if, let's say you go, that's why people don't bring kids to a wedding. If you bring a family of four and you have to cover everyone. You're paying over $1000 to cover each head. It's not possible. Yeah, like, OK, out of everything you spend on a wedding, right? Maybe it is Z or step. You would know what is the one thing that you shouldn't be scrimping and saving on. You should actually spend that money. I will see a
Speaker 2: photographer and videographer,
Speaker 1: makeup.
Speaker 2: OK. So honestly it's the big three, right? The photographer, videographer and your hair, makeup because photos and videos are the thing that you keep after your we forever. So you don't want it to be like 10 years down the road and then you, you're looking at your wedding photos and be like, why do we choose this photographer or like this style? You, you want it to be timeless. You want something that can hang on your wall or something like that, right? Or
Speaker 1: burn in a fire of things. Go to no, but we have a photographer, videographer, friend in the wedding industry. He used to get paid 50 grand to fly to China just to videographer, wedding or photograph a wedding. Like that is a yes, that's an expense that they are willing to splurge on. It's crazy. But people in China, their culture is different for the bridesmaids. They each get a Chanel bag. No, I'm serious. I was born in the wrong country. Chanel bags. They see these kind of things as face. You know, this is very prominent in the Chinese society, Chinese rights in China call us. Yes. You know what's one thing you should be on on your wedding? But a good host. It's true. It's true. But your choice is here, hair and makeup as well. So on that note as well, right? What is it that people maybe sometimes place too much importance on that. You really shouldn't be spending so much money on it.
Speaker 2: Table centerpieces as
Speaker 1: in the floral, on the table, centerpiece on the table, right? Waste of space. How much money can you spend on a floral centerpiece expensive? Really? For one table it can be like ok, but multiply by 20 tables.
Speaker 2: So one table can go from $30 all the way to 100 and 80 for the centerpiece for the center.
Speaker 1: So if you have like 30 tables, there's gotta be like roughly 1000 that's about $6000 for the most expensive just on the
Speaker 2: which if you get like the sharing table, the one that can spin, right lady Susan kind they're going to remove it when the dishes are served. That's true. So, there's no point. Right. You also
Speaker 1: can't not have one. You can, I would, you can, I would just put a bowl of candy there. I think it would be more hot than having
Speaker 2: candles. You know, you can, yeah, you can put candles and some venues. If you're talking about hotels, they already have something in their standard package. So, why not use
Speaker 1: that? Yeah. And even like my friend, he had his wedding recently and he catered like this floral arch thing. It was not a table centerpiece but it was there and he didn't want to waste it. So he told the guests no, before you leave, feel free to just pick the flowers that you love so everybody can take something back to us. We wouldn't be wasted. If not, it's just gonna be thrown away. How much does one floral arch cost 1000? Over 2000
Speaker 2: bucks? Yes, it starts from 2000. You in
Speaker 1: the wrong industry business. To be honest, right through my life, I have not really attended any weddings, any unconventional weddings. I've attended weddings where you basically know what's coming up next. Ok. Now it's going to be the brights coming out. 1st March in, everybody stand up through the flowers, eat few courses. 2nd March in cut the cake. The cake is fake. By the way, the cake is fake. Most of the time it's only like that first layer or not even, sometimes it's styrofoam and then the knife just goes in, there's a slit there already, but there is an option to get a real cake. But many couples go for it. Like such a big cake. Can I tell you about one of the smartest things I've heard of when you've got a real cake, right? And it's real and then after that you got to cut it up packing for people, that sort of thing, right? One of the smartest things I've seen is that they make that cake that you want for you. It's all star from, except for one little part that you're supposed to cut. But that same amount of cake has been packed, cut and packed for your guests ready. So you don't actually have to do it after the cake cutting, but that means they have to make two cakes. One real, one fake a little was one of the smartest things I've seen because after that it's just done, I guess you could do that. Why not just make the real agree?
Speaker 2: Ok. I, I do have to say it because if you make the whole cake, right? Some hotels you actually got to pay for this thing called C
Speaker 1: fee
Speaker 2: fee. So they were the chef will actually help you cut the cake up
Speaker 1: and then they charge you for helping the
Speaker 2: correct. You do that. Well, a lot of people do like cupcakes and cakes now. Yeah. So, it's kind of like a wedding favor in a way as well. But that works. So,
Speaker 1: these are very, like, obviously conventional weddings, you know what's gonna happen? Right. As a host, you know, it to death, right. What are some unconventional weddings that you guys have been to? Right. Or like elopements or? I don't know, married in Vegas. I don't know, because I've never seen them. Right.
Speaker 2: Actually, we do a lot of expat weddings. So expat weddings are more unconventional and more unorthodox. We actually build a venue from scratch. Yeah, we built a venue from scratch. So basically the couple rented this grass patch out of nowhere and then we brought in like planking and tents and everything that is so
Speaker 1: smart. By the way,
Speaker 2: everything is from. Yeah, in a way you could say that. But if you kind of like calculate everything, it's still somewhat cheaper than doing it in the hotel
Speaker 1: because then you get the venue that you actually want. I think sometimes when you look for venues, this has this is lacking this, I like this but this this
Speaker 2: problem. But doing it outdoors also has its own problem because Singapore, right? Like it's either rain or shine. So we have to stand by a lot of different problems that might arise. Contingency. Yeah, a lot of contingent. Yeah. So we will stand by like umbrellas. A lot of like standing fans air con we also need to stand by a chef. And for that chef, we need to build another 10 for that chef just to prepare the food. Oh my God. Ok.
Speaker 1: Sounds like a lot of work. It
Speaker 2: is a lot of people
Speaker 1: unconventional for sure. So some of the weddings that I've hosted the couple during the 2nd March in, they walked in, in mascots, like costume, the costumes do on and then they just march down the ale, which I thought was really, really cute. And like my personal trainer Lucas, when he got married to his wife shy, because they were both dancers. They did this entire segment where they dance and he picked up his wife turned her, spun her around and I caught her that kind of thing. It's cute. It's cute. I think the craziest thing I've seen at a wedding is a new as well. When the groom got so drunk that he started smoking a cigarette in the ballroom. I'll tell you something. When I saw it, I stood up to block him. I was like, oh my God, smoke coming up. It's an indoor ball. But hey, I mean, it's there one night, you know, let them happen, let them be.
Speaker 2: Wow! Ok.
Speaker 1: I'll give you a precursor to the incident because earlier before the wedding started, I had gone to a room and then this groom opens the door with a flat hand. I saw you drinking already. It's like three. I was like, yes, my wedding day then. What am I supposed to do? I mean, those, I mean, these are weddings that, you know, I think they're special, right? Especially like with Lucas and shaky because they won't dance and all of that. What about weddings that maybe did not go so well. Wedding horror stories,
Speaker 2: horror stories. I mean, I've never experienced that. At least a bright seller. Bright. Definitely, there will always be some problems with the, if anything else you need. Eugene from G
Speaker 1: we groom Zilla.
Speaker 2: Yes. Oh wow. Yes, you'll be surprised. Yes. Ok. For groomers, they are usually not quite as crazy as like bright dealers are they are more worried about needing to spend more. Ok. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Ok. So the groom is worried about spending money. The bride obviously so much money has been spent. You want it to be absolute perfection worthwhile. Here's a horror story of a wedding that we actually saw from a wedding coordinator. So as a wedding coordinator, I usually handle the final details to ensure a smooth wedding, right? I once faced a situation where the couple had paid the deposit but failed to pay the remaining amount before the wedding. About half of the total cost around $30,000. And on that day, this is the day of the wedding, the catering hall refused to proceed without the cash. The bank was closed because of a holiday, right? So they couldn't get any cash out. They tried to get money from relatives on the wedding day to pay the remaining. And at this point, guests were already arriving to the wedding and the wedding coordinator is like FML like, what am I gonna do? No, no, no, there's no wedding to be had, right? And she's like freaking out there. They actually took the money box, gave it to the wedding coordinator to try and pay off everyone that they could. And when the couple arrived, they were able to basically hold whatever amount they had as ransom and go ahead with the event. But this was like the last moment this was a guest were already there. That's so stressful. I think the coordinator almost had a heart attack that I'm sure. But I feel like this is on the couple. It really is. You should have made sure you paid everything in due time.
Speaker 2: Right. Actually, yes, that's also one point. But in a wedding planner perspective, you usually, when, if you're talking about a wedding coordinator, that means that the wedding coordinator didn't plan the wedding, right? The wedding coordinator is only there to help on the act itself. Ok. Right. So then usually they come in two months before the wedding day. I'm not sure about other planners. But what we do is we get all the invoices that you have with all your other vendors. So, meaning venue, other vendors and stuff like that. And then we have, we are the ones who prompt the couples to pay them if the couple cannot pay, you know, we at least we will know first. Ok. And we'll try and sort that out before the wedding. Not on the day off, right.
Speaker 1: So that's planners duty, not the coordinators. Yeah. Ok. And also the bride and groom spend beyond your means. You spend what you can and if anything, maybe you can take consolation in a PD story during COVID. Her wedding caterer disappeared with the deposit money of $4000. Are you serious? Yeah, name and shame, name and shame. So she had planned everything venue was booked and then COVID hit and the caterer was like, oh no, just delay the wedding, just delay the wedding. And they were like, no, we just want to go ahead however way that we can because we just want to get it over and done with. We already put the deposit down on everything and this cater really wanted to push for a postponement and they were like, why this is our wedding? Let us do what we want and then they ghosted our PD, our producer with the money. When did you get the money back? No, they tried legal action. There is no way to find this person. This person just disappear. Oh man, that's unfortunate
Speaker 2: sucks. Yeah,
Speaker 1: I don't know if you experience that during COVID.
Speaker 2: No, not at all.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So earlier on we said that there's someone here that's getting married. Not me. No. Ring on my finger. It's not Azura. She's been there, done that. Definitely not me. Not a single a, it's definitely,
Speaker 2: who is a lucky guy? Am I to say his name? I don't know. You know? Ok. His name is, w why? But we call him Jake. We are actually primary school friends but we've been only been together for four years. Are
Speaker 1: you planning your own wedding? Is it like, how does it work?
Speaker 2: Ok. I plan the timeline the next day after my proposal. Wow.
Speaker 1: She was like, I got a spreadsheet out. She was like, I have been prepared my entire life. So you plan your own wedding
Speaker 2: all done? Ok. So I have the whole skeleton of the timeline. I just left the venue and the vendors
Speaker 1: but you can't coordinate the wedding because you are the right. Yeah. So girl, I once thought about hosting my own wedding and then I just thought that it was impossible. So let me do it for free. You get you jeans. I make sure to find them. Oh my God. It's gonna be tough running your own show. Honestly, it is on that day, there's going to be certain responsibilities that you have to convince yourself to let go of and like not be so stressed out over certain details,
Speaker 2: right? Yeah, like you have to trust whoever that you assign. Exactly. Good luck with that girl. Thanks.
Speaker 1: So exciting g question. Just wondering because we've spoken about this many, many times. But at this point right now because a lot of things have changed. I'm scared that of me. What is your ideal wedding like you now? Because I feel like it has changed. Not in Singapore. Yeah. I think, I don't know if I would have a wedding here because my boyfriend's family is not really here if we do end up getting married. Ha ha. You know, I make God laugh telling me your plans, right? But it's true. But I would, I envision I really like the ocean and the sea I envisioned like in Bali, I knew there was. Yeah. So I don't know. That's why I thought but we promised him a Backstreet boys dance. Sure. Yeah. Let him do whatever he wants. But to be honest, I don't want to think anymore. You know, I mean, I had like grand plans many times over the many years and it has never come to fruition. So at this point, I'm like just, you know, we'll see, we'll see when the time comes. But sometimes some questions are unavoidable. Like after you plan your wedding, I've heard of so many brides telling me the same thing. The toughest part about any wedding is the wedding guest list, who to invite, who to sit with, who this two person. For example, these two people used to be together, but they have now broken up them
Speaker 2: together. But in the same friend group.
Speaker 1: Exactly. Right. And that's why I wouldn't hold my wedding here because then you, everyone in your family has to be invited. Whereas if you hold your wedding overseas, only the people close, you would actually fly and make that expense. Right. I've been saying this recently, like, the best way to do this is to go as far away as possible, as remote as possible. I'm thinking like Barbados or something. I don't know if I'll, I'll try. You have to think of some fun. All right. But then right, you eliminate this problem because if they really make it there, it's really the people who should be there. That's it. Um I have this very drama story. I'll make it the Barbados for you. Thank you. Thank you. I won't be there a very drama story of a couple who's planning their wedding and they're sorting out the guest list, right? OK. The groom, his dad has had two wives. So two families, right? One family, two families, not at the same time, but obviously, right? So he has a whole other set of step brothers and sisters at the previous family wedding. They got so drunk. They started fighting with each other like literally screaming across the room, throwing things, fighting during the wedding. And this group has said I don't want any of y'all at my wedding. I don't give a rat's ass. You're not coming. So they have been disqualified from the based on previous bad behavior. I love that. I love that. I know. But is it political as his family after all? Yeah. But it's my wedding. At the end of the day, sometimes you feel like obligated to invite certain people. But at the end of the day you do. You boo, I have a friend who doesn't want to invite her own brother to the wedding just because they are not on close terms. And that's tough. I don't know, but I know, I know but she really doesn't enjoy the thought of him being there. Is it the wedding planner's job to help plan the seating arrangement?
Speaker 2: Ok. First of all, the wedding planners obviously do not know your guests and we obviously don't know like what relationship who and who has or who and who does not, but we can help you arrange them so you can be like, ok, put this and this together, then we'll put this and this together. Ok? Never mind. Just put this here that we will put it there. So we are like your pa la. So are they very
Speaker 1: like troublesome couples change? We didn't want change again and change. We change again
Speaker 2: to be unless for the guest list, right? The whole table seating thing. Some of our clients they actually only pass it to us the day before the wedding. Oh my nice. So they don't have time to change. Yes. But food restrictions, we need it two weeks before. Right. Of course. Yeah. So as long as the whole guest list, right, stays the same, the same, the same number of whatever food restrictions and stuff you can do whatever you want with that. But I need the food restrictions two weeks prior. Ok.
Speaker 1: Understand. I mean, that's reasonable. I think, you know, with the, especially with the guest list. Right. It's so stressful because sometimes when you're holding a very big wedding, let's say you have a very big family or you come from a well to do family, your parents are likely the ones that fork out money to pay for your wedding. And in that sense, I've seen some weddings where the parents get to do as they please because they fork out the money for the wedding and then they have complete power over the guest list and I invite all my friends and then you go to the wedding and then the bride and groom be like, yeah, I don't know half the people here. It's not my parents friends that happens. That's
Speaker 2: gonna be my wedding. By the way,
Speaker 1: how many guests are you
Speaker 2: looking to have? Ok. Currently we are looking at 300 to 350. Ok. Ok. I don't have much friends because I wasn't in Singapore for a good period of time. And of course, a lot of my friends are from the wedding industry, so I'm pretty sure they might not be free on a day. You get what I mean, like, it just doesn't make sense. But my fiance, he is the firstborn son. The first son, not first born but first son. And in Chinese culture, the first son is like everything. Yeah. So traditionally we just got to invite like the whole kampong the father got will want to invite like all the friends and stuff like that, which we don't agree with. Ok. Yeah, I don't mind. Ok. I mean, if you ask me personally, of course, I would like, like a small intimate wedding because I, I've done so much. Right. I just wanna be with my family and I know and have fun. But also me being in the industry, it doesn't matter to me if I do it big, but if I'm going to do it big, I want to do it the way I envision it to be. Yes. Yeah,
Speaker 1: that's nice. At least you've had enough experience to know what kind of a big wedding you can go to it. But she also knows realistically, you have to balance out everyone's wishes for the wedding. A wedding planner. You've seen the ugly, you've seen the bad but you see a good side. It is, of course. So what are some words of advice? You have a harsh listeners here who are looking to get married or are going to get married
Speaker 2: soon, start planning your tentative guest list now? Yes, because I'm doing this myself as well. And we just put a list down for the bright side and then the groom side. So roughly how many people you wanna invite? Who do you want to invite most of the time the guest list will go down by 10 to 20%. That's the most. But this is your max number of guests. So then when you start looking for venues, because venue is the most important thing you start looking at with this guest list. I mean like the number in this guest
Speaker 1: list comes before the venue of you know how many people you have to invite? I never saw this way. I always thought like, ok, I'll just book the venue first. However many people I can fit, there's the people who are most important to you come to it, you can, you can,
Speaker 2: you can. But what if you reach already and then be like, oh shit like there is still on the day. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have a very big wedding. Yeah, I want that many people to invite. We'll see, we'll see. We'll see. Ok, so start planning your guest list now. Ok. What about like on the wedding day? What do you want to tell the brides and
Speaker 2: grooms? Calm down. Yes.
Speaker 1: So I always tell my couples just relax, let me do the job for you. You just have a
Speaker 2: good day and I think what most couples kind of forget is because everything is so rushed and it happens so quick. So for example, they march in, they go on stage, they cut cake, they eat two meals, they barely eat and then they can go on and change. Everything is like very t me. Yeah. So just spend some time together, you know, like be in each other's presence and just take a look at everyone here, you know, they are here for you. Just be in the moment wise,
Speaker 1: words wise. Very nice. If anything else just elope bar, I will start and elope for you. So
Speaker 2: actually we have that. It's called I Fly with you. Wait, what does that do? Destination Weddings?
Speaker 1: Ok,
Speaker 2: for you. That's
Speaker 1: the one. Oh, I've learned so much just from one episode alone. Thank you so much, Stie and to our harsh listeners. Thank you for tuning in. Don't forget to follow us on Instagram at its clarity.co. That's right. You can also listen to us on me, listen at Apple podcast, Spotify and turn on your notifications. That's right. We are dressed in white today, you know, as though we are getting married, but really none of us are so check us out on youtube and a big shout out again to Stie. We wish you all the best with your wedding. Thank you very much. Calm down. She will be. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Thank you very much guys. Bye bye.