Speaker 1: jean.
Speaker 2: Danka drives you home on cartoons, cartoons. Hi
Speaker 1: alexander, how are you? Hello
Speaker 2: jean. I'm pretty good.
Speaker 1: First up, are you team Godzilla or are you team kong and why? Oh,
Speaker 2: you're really putting me on the spot here. I would say going into the movie when we started shooting it. I was definitely Team Godzilla when I was a kid, I loved the old sixties Godzilla movies like sixties and seventies. I recommend going back and people should watch them because they're incredible. It's basically an actor in a Godzilla suit, walking around a miniature set of Tokyo, just kicking things and they're done with a lot of passion and love and it's a real treat to watch them. So growing up, I, I love those, so big Godzilla fan going into the movie, but then shooting the movie, my characters with kong for the entire movie, basically that was six months with him and I kind of grew to love the guy I got to go with kong. Now
Speaker 1: you've done some phenomenal work, some serious roles and this one seems unlike something you would normally pick. Was it intentional? Did you want to do something a little more light hearted perhaps?
Speaker 2: Yeah. I haven't done a big like tent pole movies since Tarzan, which was five years ago and I've been working on more dramatic but slightly more intense and character driven pieces and that was, I had some incredible years of working on fantastic dark characters and dark subject matters. So I was like, yeah, absolutely. I was so ready to go and do something crazy and fun and wild and loud and unpretentious with lovely people and just be a little kid again and so I was, I was very excited about it. Yeah,
Speaker 1: we love seeing you in roles like that where you have a bit of a laugh. Well I think
Speaker 2: it's important to kind of for my own sanity to kind of find a balance when you've done a couple of like really intense characters. It's cathartic to go and do something fun and light and crazy. Not that there aren't like very dramatic moments in Godzilla versus kong but totally overall, it's like, you know, it's a big matinee tent pole fun movie to watch hopefully. And it definitely was to shoot what
Speaker 1: was your personal favorite part of the movie?
Speaker 2: I would say the locations were pretty special. We shot in Hawaii and on the Gold coast of Australia, which is a treat. There were so many different things that were fun. Like I did love the heave, which is like the little spaceship we're in shooting that stuff was being like on a, on a roller coaster because was on a gimbal. So it would like fly around on the sound stage. That was a lot of fun, slightly nauseating occasionally, but a lot of fun, but also shooting on the deck on the bridge of the battleship when it sinks it gets completely submerged and we shot like underwater and that stuff was really crazy and fun and intense. So I love that sequence. The best mix of music class 95 Hi
Speaker 1: millie I first up are you Team Godzilla or your team kong and why I am Team Godzilla because it kind of launched my movie career. So I can't really, I can't really do them like that, you know? Yeah. So your character returns from Godzilla, King of the Monsters. Were you looking forward to playing medicine again? Yes, of course. I mean the last time I had played her I was 13. So it was you know, hard to kind of remember back to when you know, I was doing all that stuff because that part of my life, I was doing pretty much everything. I just kind of watched the film again and really thought about my character again and what I was doing. But you know, as a 13 year old, you haven't found yourself yet. So what was great was going back into it at 15. This sounds so stupid, but going back to a 15 a lot
Speaker 2: happens when you're young.
Speaker 1: Okay, a lot happened in two years, you know, So I got to really actually create more of a character with Madison, which was nice. Do you think you'll be able to form an emotional attachment to Godzilla if he really existed in our world or would you be like frightened by his sheer size as millions. As Madison as Millie. Yes, so I'm afraid of thunder, I'm I'm afraid of pretty much everything. So except the animals actually love animals. But I don't think something a billion times bigger than me is going to be something that I'm going to be really wanting to be near. So what I would do is get a shovel and I'd start digging a bunker and then I put myself in that bunker until she dipped. I agree with you. 100% agree with you. Um, what's your personal favorite part of the film for you? Okay, I haven't thought about this yet. I actually loved the road trip that Julian and I go on, I think that that is kind of iconic. You know, I didn't obviously really drive. We were telling me at the time. We also did a bit of a green screen stuff, but that to me was really fun because we got to listen to music because it was a real car. So we just bluetooth, our phone to the car and we were playing, we were doing car, we did actually a whole segment of carpool karaoke. Um, and Julian and I were very much invested. I loved, I loved that whole sequence and I loved how it played on screen as well. What would you like our audience here in this part of the world and Singapore. We're going to watch it on March 24th, what would you like us to take away from this film. I definitely found that it has such a deeper meaning, you know, we really give young people a voice in this film and I think that's what's so important. I also think that protecting our world, protecting our the animals in it and preserving um us and and taking care of it is so important and you'll see that in this film, you know, So I think that there's that there's those kind of underlying meanings and that's what I took away, but it's up for you guys to decide what you would like to take away. Thank you so much. Millie. Really nice catching up with you. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Thank you
Speaker 1: By the Best Mix of Music Class 95. Hi Julian. Hi Brian, How are you guys
Speaker 2: good for the both of
Speaker 1: you? Team Godzilla or are you team kong and why brian? You want to go first?
Speaker 2: Sure I'm going to go into Godzilla just because we spend hours of this movie trying to make sure Godzilla gets where he needs to be and I would just hate to like ride for somebody and then get them to their destination, be like, man, you're trash. I want to, I want to be a ride or die for Godzilla. So I'm definitely Team Godzilla. Right
Speaker 1: Julian. What about you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm definitely the same. It's like when you watch a boxing match and you're rooting for someone and then they lose it, right? Like just Godzilla all the way man. So
Speaker 1: Julian, you play josh valentine the friend of Madison who helps her, like investigate why Godzilla so erratic. Your character is a little bit of a nerd, a little bit of a realist. Is this you in real life or are you totally far from that?
Speaker 2: Tell the truth, Julian, josh valentine is definitely a nerd. He even had a pocket change throughout the whole film and adam when God made before he was like, yeah, I want him to have a wallet chain. Sometimes I'll just fall into the rabbit hole of like Youtube conspiracy theory sometimes, like just a lot of things that I can relate to, but josh valentine is an interesting character and if I was someone like him in real life, I would not be very popular. I don't buy that. I don't believe that at all, Julian.
Speaker 1: I don't
Speaker 2: believe that at all,
Speaker 1: brian, I loved your character at the moment. I saw you on screen. Um and I love that you're a bit of that conspiracy theorists. Likewise, I mean in real life, do you believe conspiracy theories?
Speaker 2: You know Bernie and I share a lot, like Bernie and I share a lot in common. Uh one I love a jumpsuit, I will always rock a jumpsuit if I can and a bum bag or Fannie pack, he had one of those lots to do hickeys. Uh he just always one of those guys that's ready. You know, he just wants to be ready because he knows that he can't trust these corporations out there. You never know what they have going for us. And he's also a man of the people even though he probably has no friends. Um, I think Bernie and I are good. He likes isolation, which is great. Um, even after this year I was like isolation is the
Speaker 1: boss. Um,
Speaker 2: yeah,
Speaker 1: I think there is a
Speaker 2: lot uh, comparisons between he and I, because he found himself incredibly annoyed by being followed by two teenagers and I for one know, and in my personal life, teenagers really get on my nerves. So you know, it was easy to mesh that, uh, and bring that method acting to Bernie. But actually it's you, I like his heart, his heart was great because when you're on an adventure like that with these two actors, like you know Julian and Millie, you just have to play, you have to go with it, you really do. And they really challenged me to play as much as possible. It was absolutely some of the best times I had on set just running around playing on the set. We might have got in trouble a couple of times because you know, we had a little too much fun. But either way we wanted it to showcase in the movie and we feel like he did, we feel like you really root for them and you really care about their team. So it was totally worth it. Jean. Danka drives you home on cartoons, cartoons 95.