Speaker 1: I say so. And I'm Jermaine and welcome to the 100th episode of Cities Hush hush. I like it. I like whispered and shouted it. 100 episode. It. Welcome to the 100th episode of clarity. I, how do you say 100 episode in Mandarin? That's basically it. Malays yummy for some reason to 100 is just wild. It's insane. I know. How do you guys feel about this? I can't believe it doesn't feel like a
Speaker 2: 100. Our first episode done in 20
Speaker 1: 2020 2020 20 October. Yes, that's correct. So it's been more than three years since we've started and I've seen your faces. You don't want to see. I will leave. Now, my goodness. When we recorded our first episode, I never imagined we would be sitting here doing 1/100 episode and today we are in a completely new set altogether. Now, one thing you might not know about Harsh Podcast is that we are very mobile. We have had like different sets. No, we really are mobile. We've had pixel studios. That was all of us location. The smallest, smallest studio, like it was just barely. Now, we started on a
Speaker 2: gray sofa do you remember? Yeah.
Speaker 1: And we had to sit like separately because the sofa couldn't hold three of us. That's true. Remember that? I, now it's sitting on the floor. So actually we started from the bottom. We went even lower. I love that. The pixel studios, the small ones. Then we had the bigger studio in, in pixel pixel. We upgraded, we upgraded to the bigger one sitting on the floor with this very comfy cushions from nine N nine N believed in us with nothing but we were nobody. Thank you. We're still nobody's. And then we moved to media media was like come, come, come, come back, come back home. That was great. And then we had a few studios in media Corp and then after that, we moved to Alvin Studio. No, there was one more for that. Who was that new studio studio? That's right. Then we moved to Vin Studio and today we're here, me and Polly
Speaker 2: with an audience
Speaker 1: might not be able to see on the screens but with an entire audience behind. Hi, you guys. Hi guys. What's up? Some of them are sleeping, wake up, wake up, boring. So, so we're actually here because we are doing a collaboration with the film and media study students. They have such a nice studio. You guys, I know this is also where you spend
Speaker 2: a couple of years of
Speaker 1: your life. Oh, that is true. That is true. Yeah. As I was walking down the hallway. I was like, am I 17 again? Yeah. And you know what? I think it's great because today is January 2nd 2024. It's a brand new year. So, so can you, oh, my gosh. How time flies? Life is? Change so much in the last 100 episodes, right. So, I think, you know, in view that this is 1/100 episode and it's a brand new year. Let's take this episode to slow down a bit and just reflect on the past 99 episodes that we've done in the past three years of our lives.
Speaker 2: I'm getting emotional. I'm scared.
Speaker 1: I it's wild to think you've done 99 episodes. I couldn't name you. Probably 10 episodes.
Speaker 2: I can
Speaker 1: let off the top of my
Speaker 2: mind. The recent ones. Pocketing.
Speaker 1: Ok. Overreacting. Remember that? Overreacting,
Speaker 2: slut, shaming toxic mother, daughter relationship. What
Speaker 1: baby? A real baby. Yes. Yes. The one Rachel, right? And the one Jan Danker girls supporting girls in the workplace, the 61 fertility. That's right. The one with Kelly Mini. I
Speaker 2: love that. Cheating. The way you love
Speaker 1: situation. Actually. Speaking of all these, which is your favorite episode so far. I really like the one of Kelly as in we met a Hollywood star. Can you tell that you may 1 every day? You all right. Hollywood Singapore. I really like that episode with Kelly. I think she was very honest with us. And it's nice to look up to someone and you learn from their life experiences if we were to speak about which episode with a guest that left the strongest impact for me. I've always thought, I know Rachel Naomi, she's so influential as well the way she speaks. But my recent favorite is the one of Jean Danker. I mean, she's a radio personality. She knows what we are doing for a living. She understands the struggles, right? I think everyone has a crush on Jan. I know girlfriend, everyone. She's so elegant, so graceful. I don't know how she does that. So, what about you?
Speaker 2: Favorite guests? Actually, something that sticks out in my mind is the one who did with Norell Norell, which was a lot
Speaker 1: quite sometimes last year.
Speaker 2: Yes. And I think it was because you were speaking about, you know, just attachment styles, losing people and that, that struck a chord in me.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, aside from harsh, let's pull the time back to October 2020 when it first started and look at our own careers. We, I mean, we, we were in radio. Still in radio. Yes, same. But I feel like all of us have evolved so much. Oh, absolutely. Especially j I see a lot of growth in you from then to me. Not, he was definitely not high growth in terms of, first of all. Ok, you're more toned, you're more lean. I always tell her in great shape. Oh my God. The Pilates a they paid off it and not just that I think work wise, career wise as well. I see hosting so many more events. You have so many more social media posting. Your Tik Tok is going great for you. Everything just seems to be working out. My mental health is doing better. Can I just the biggest win, Hazy spoke to my ex boyfriend recently? Yes, I did. And my ex boyfriend actually said to her, what do you say? He said really nice stuff. Like he said, he's happy that Jimmy is in a better place and that she found someone who is more compatible for her. Yeah. So, I mean, great guy. Like Jimmy always speaks well and wishes him well as well. So, yeah, wishing you well. Not that, you know, you well, but hang on. I just want to add one more thing. If there's one thing I wish people knew about Jimmy, it's how hard she works 100
Speaker 2: percent. I literally just spoke to my mother about this yesterday. Your mother, my mother, because I was like Js coming back in January after like two months and she was like, oh, once take two months, like, she's so tired because she's so busy. She works from morning to night and nobody sees
Speaker 1: it. Yeah. And she took time off from work to do more work. She did more like hosting stuff like her own work thing, like a family thing. So I wish people can see how hard you work. Thank you guys. Thank you. But I correct. But I personally think that hazy since 2020 to now, firstly, you've had like 10 different hairstyles. That's not wrong. She had bang short hair, long hair, middle hair, like everything, all colors, correct. But career wise you have just flown and grown above way out of your league that you were in 2020 I think in 2020 you have big dreams in 2024. Now you've realized those dreams. Can you imagine that both in work and in your personal life? Thank you. Actually, as we speak today is the launch of my Chinese New Year song is a song written because it's a year of a dragon. Ok. So my song title is called Sing Along Dance Along. It's so catchy, it stuck in my head. I let Jy hear it once just now and she said it's stuck in the head, which means I think it's a pretty successful. Also go on to, to do that. You
Speaker 2: need answer.
Speaker 1: You are, don't need. I mean, how incredible is that she worked with all her best friends to make the music, the arrangement, choreography, the music video and she brought it to life. It's just hazy. Like we have a huge hole in my pocket right now as we speak, but you will recover it. I hope. And it's a dream that I've always wanted to accomplish. I mean DP hosting, making my own song more to come. I hope. And I want to do more things in 2024. You move to a new home in 2024. She's a homeowner now. She's a homeowner. Her net worth just went up and actually a, is a, is about here. I'm like, come on, you want to talk about Net Worth the time? I have no asset, both of my body, but you have got it. Thank you. And Zora, I don't know. Have you gotten more loud? I'm trying to think actually a note from our PD as sounded really different compared to the first episode. She was a lot more soft spoken, more gentle, but now she's got a vibe. Do you think so?
Speaker 2: I know my voice has changed over the past couple of years better, I guess. So. I mean, people have been telling me that they like this
Speaker 1: voice. It's nice. I like the raspiness. I think, you know, in 2020 A already had DGF vibes but in 2024 it's like through the roof, you will not find someone else who harder than her. Yeah, that's true. Is that true though? Is it? No, I don't think so. Actually, that's not just career based on your personal level as well. I like harsh because it's a never ending journey. We all grow together. So here's another fun fact. Did you know how we were chosen to host the Harsh podcast together. No idea. Names out
Speaker 2: of a hat. You're joking, you are joking, dude, obviously not,
Speaker 1: right. I mean, we have
Speaker 2: quite a story though.
Speaker 1: Ok. Actually, this story is nicer. So according to our PDN, this question was raised on a couple of occasions, but she's never answered it properly. So when she came out of the project idea, she knew that Harsh would involve three women each with very distinct backgrounds for sure. But she just didn't know who one thing for sure is that she wasn't looking for strong, powerful, inspiring role models. She was looking for calm, gentle and comforting friends. I I found nothing but what is she? But what she did say though is that she knew she wanted radio djs on Hush but she almost cast personalities out of radio because that that was the COVID period and it was tough to meet people in the company due to possible cross contamination. Remember media Corp had a whole team at B team X thing as with many other companies. And at one point, she actually pitched to a couple of personalities and even met them. But after consulting with her mentors, she decided to stick with the original plan. So harsh had to wait till the COVID restriction east a bit for that to happen, right? So basically this is what happened in our company. Just a very quick summary during COVID. They were like, we don't want you guys to contaminate each other with COVID just in case. Right. And have an outbreak. So they split us into two groups. These two groups cannot see each other ever. Not in the building, not outside, but by some miracle, the three of us were in the same group. So I was supposed to be someone else. I'm not supposed to be here. Really? Yeah, I was supposed to be someone else on my station but she wasn't in the same group. Oh, yeah. This could have looked very, very different. Wow, we would not have been, we would still be friends. I never knew that. Do you think should be sad if she knew that she was supposed to be here? I think she knows, she knows, she knows she's doing amazing. Incredible. But Jimmy, do you know that me and you, we were cast together according to the PD, she hoped for at least two hours. The harsh goes to know each other on a personal basis. So that at least if things got awkward, we could salvage it a bit. So that's how we got together. But Zora, our PDN actually met you. When you hosted our company's Hurry via lunch, you might not have known this. But that's how she got to know you. And she had seen you play the violin on TV. And probably wondered why a violinist was hosting media Cops Company, Harry via lunch. And then she knew that you could speak English very fluently. You learned Malay in two years and in fact, you were chosen first, you were the chosen one. Really? We were the chosen 2nd and 3rd. Yes. Wow. Wow. It's news to me. I think you can play the violin. You can play the guitar, Jimmy. What can you play? Don't say feelings. No, I can play piano. So our producer says she would just like to add that the stars just aligned and she's not one to question fate, but she has complete trust in the universe when she put our photos next to each other on the powerpoint slide that she used to pitch. Hush. Can answer please. Yeah, like thinning big shout out to my boss as well. Arena Cook for putting me up there. If not, I wouldn't be here because at that point, I was like, I was very new to the station as well in this industry. I think everything is really about fate. You really the jobs you get the jobs you lose. You have to take it with a pinch of salt.
Speaker 2: Honestly, for me hush, it's beyond like doing the podcast. But I think in my mind it was always meant to be that we as the three of us and the team were supposed to come together to was always meant to be for me that our paths crossed. You know how I believe in my red threat theory, right? So when you're born, you've got red threats attached to you and whoever you cross paths with in your life. Basically, it's never by accident, it was always supposed to be because you've got a red threat attached to them,
Speaker 1: basically is destined to be. So we all have a lot in Chinese is called H literal translation. That's right. You know, I just want to add on also that all of the ideas, the scripts that we have come from our hard working team here at H I mean, sometimes you say, hey, this is a good idea. Can we talk about it? We toss the idea into the group chat and they work on it like immediately they make it a reality. Yeah, they come with the script so we could never have done this on our own. Let's be honest. No way. There's no way. And we also have some very talented people behind the camera. Yes. Big shout out to our, we have seven people here today and a bunch of students so very grateful compared to episode one where it was just a few of us in that studio like two people or three people, two people. No. But the wildest thing I was just telling Hazy this is that, do you realize how much we have shared about our lives and also the lives of the people around us in the last 99 episodes? Sometimes you don't think about it. But if you were to listen to every episode, you could probably piece our lives together. No, it's
Speaker 2: true. I actually usually tell people if someone listens to every single episode, you would probably know about like 80% of me because we share so
Speaker 1: much. But somehow I just feel like it's so safe for me to share here. I beg to differ on a point. I feel like you could share more
Speaker 2: guys. I'm a very guarded person.
Speaker 1: PD is nodding her head. You could share very
Speaker 2: guarded.
Speaker 1: I, I don't think you are. You are a very, I be who I am. I am
Speaker 2: but I be who I am without having to put it deliberately put it out there
Speaker 1: in the public. Here's a challenge for you in 2024. Tell me as we cross over 1/100 episode to our listeners, the core listeners, right? Try, you know, giving that extra just 10% 10% 10 more percent. All right, and just know that you're safe with the Tik Tok. Listen after the call is the people that come up to us. I watch hush every week when I'm eating my dinner and things like that. Oh my
Speaker 2: gosh. Should I tell you a story? A couple of weeks ago, I was out and then I bumped into this group of friends and they were seated at the table and then this girl says, oh my God, you look so nice today. In that moment. I was like, do I know you? Do I not because like the opening statement was a bit like, you know, and then I eventually found out they were harsh listeners. So I was there for a bit and then they said, so is there, were you late
Speaker 1: today? We were supposed to meet up for a breakfast? We haven't had one, the three of us in like six months probably. And Azura did not wake up over slept. I called her at the time the breakfast started. She was like, sorry, sorry, I just, I was well, but at least you made it for the recording. That that's the way. But do you think you share more last time? A harsh podcast or? No? I mean, sometimes the tiktok comments really do get to us. Let's be honest. Has it ever affected you from sharing a talk? Here's
Speaker 2: the thing about this space you come in, right? And most of the time we forget that it's going to be on the world wide web that people are gonna be listening to this because it feels like it's the three of us
Speaker 1: talking, you know, a gossip girl sitting here and
Speaker 2: we're so comfortable with each other. We're so comfortable with the team. Like honestly, there is so little about each other that we each don't know about, you know what I mean? We can complete stories for each other as they come up. So sometimes it just comes out so naturally that we just share more than we plan to, I
Speaker 1: feel like in fact down the timeline, I'm sharing more and more in Harsh podcast at the start, I was still a bit more guarded, like hesitant to share, not just with Harsh with each other as well, right? I mean, we just started out, we don't really know each other, but now that we are also open to sharing and we really, really understand each other. So thank you for listening to Harsh and giving us a space to talk to each other like this is therapy or something. Obviously, I feel like the purpose of harsh has evolved for me just a bit at the start is more to like spread positivity to our listeners. But now it's more of like it's OK to be negative. At times, we go through these things ourselves and we want to share our experiences with you to let you know that you're not alone. That's exactly it. I just, you know, I hearing people's experiences as well has made me feel less alone. So I hope that hush can be that for you if you tune in. Yeah. Yeah. And do you guys know what is the most talked about themes on harsh podcast so far situations as in close sex, close, I think the overarching theme is relationships, relationships. Wow. Remember we talked about sex situations, navigating relationships with the other half. In fact, like their mothers, their family, true people. They love posting them on social media or not telling your friends about them. It's funny
Speaker 2: because we've talked about it so much. But I think there's so much more that we can go on and on about. I
Speaker 1: think so actually, and in fact, if we did a topic today that we have done two years ago, I think the episode will be totally different because it's true. My views have changed. Oh, my God, you're right. Right. On. View of love has changed how I feel like harsh or mainly my co-host have taught me that it's ok to let go. Not, I step into every relationship thinking that I want this to be my last, but it never is my last. And at times when I'm broken, they step in to tell me it's ok if it's not for you, it's not for you. So I feel like my outlook on love has changed a bit with all the guests that have been coming on harsh podcast and all the conversations we've been having all the comments that I've read of our listeners out there. You know,
Speaker 2: someone told me recently that love is a practice like everything else in your life. You, every time you do it, it's a different experience. Every time you do it, you learn something from it. So why do people think it has to be a one time thing or this has to be the last thing? It's a, it's a journey and it's a practice every time you do
Speaker 1: it. I think love, I have learned to love better in the last three years from talking to people and understanding more because every week when we talk about these things, right? We are reading real research from real psychologist and things like that. So sometimes you're like a shit I could do better. This is me, this is quite toxic or negative. I could do better, right? And I think that's what hush helps us to be a better version of ourselves every week. And we are constantly evolving. On this note, let us revisit some topics that we have spoken about previously and see if I stand still holds. Ok, social media influences on women. Do you still have the fear of dressing like a slut? Not hazy. Check out eight days. Well, I love to dress and what I love to dress and it's not about dressing like a slut. It's about dressing confidently. Yes. Whatever makes me happy.
Speaker 2: Correct. What if I think I look nice? And
Speaker 1: II I think I'm a bit more daring now. Actually all of us are. No, that's true. Yeah. True. OK. What about work life balance? I feel like this is something very close to Jimmy, especially in 2022 something that she's been struggling to achieve and trying to figure out as well. I'm still struggling to achieve it in order to time to myself. I usually plan a calendar invite to myself saying me time I do rest time, me time block anything else in it. But then 90% of the time it's always taken over by work, like my manager will text me at this day. Are you free for this? Ok. But then there's, you think that's a me problem. So I've recently heard someone over the radio say a study that was conducted showed that people who took one rest day a week generally are happier and more productive I believe, does sound crazy to ask off with yourself one rest day a week. Just a bit. Like, honestly, how about half a day a week? At least? How about like a Sunday? Yeah. Like a Sunday off. No work just time with your loved ones or even just with yourself? Yeah. I think everyone should do that. I believe that it can really make you happy and more productive. In fact, I think Joakim said that on radio. Oh, really? Yeah. Yeah, I just think he run, he runs,
Speaker 2: I guess he runs to.
Speaker 1: So what does success mean to you? Go? Success to me. Definitely monetarily. I'm trying to drop the idea, but it's very hard. Like, I know you guys know, I can't say no to money even if it eats into your rest time. Of course, you just say yes, because there's money involved, right? But I'm trying to see that there's more to life than just money, but also happiness. Yeah. I've been chasing happiness for like so many years I can tell from my IG stories. Suddenly she's in Bali, she's in L A. So anyway, moving on anyway. Yeah. So I've been chasing happiness for many years. And one of the things that I think Zora said on Harsh podcast is that you don't always have to be chasing for happiness. You can be happy today. Right? So I'm trying to do that and also so maybe try to say no to something so that I have time to myself to be happy, maybe keep it at me time in the calendar. OK. I try draw
Speaker 2: boundaries for yourself.
Speaker 1: Wow. I'm just trying to figure out what success means to do because she's always so happy. Go lucky. I don't think money defines her. She cares about money, she cares about life experiences. I do. Yeah, she does, the more she experiences of life and new situations that she's never been in. I think that is a successful life to her.
Speaker 2: Yes, I think I'm at this place where,
Speaker 1: see what I mean?
Speaker 2: I'm at a place in life where I just really want a life well lived like when I think about it at any point, you see right. Here's the thing. I don't want to be only thinking about this at 60. I want it such that at any given point at any time I'm stopped at any day. If someone asked, I can say I've lived a life well,
Speaker 1: so well, she was a ball of sunshine. Amen. Is this like if I die to borrow, you know, I lived a good life kind of thing. Yes.
Speaker 2: Yes. And I think a lot of it also is just wanting to be a better person every day, a better person in every aspect, you know, like, just like that.
Speaker 1: That's good. You know, funny. You mentioned that because on the topic of, if we died tomorrow, would you girls have any regrets right now? Actually, I don't think I have. Yeah, I would not having a kid. I want to at least experience being a, being a mom. Wow. Yeah, I think there's nothing else in my life that I need. I'm so excited.
Speaker 2: I'm fun on
Speaker 1: the everybody. God, I'm moving away.
Speaker 2: I'll follow you. I,
Speaker 1: I'm scared. Call the police. No, but I, you know, I've done all the jobs I've wanted to, I've had all the love in my life that I've wanted to. I've traveled, I've not been a mom, I've been a pet mom but not an actual human mom. What about you? Any regrets? I
Speaker 2: don't think so. Actually, like, as much as there's a lot more that I would like to do and that I can do and would like to do. But at this point, as much as I can afford to do at this point in my life, I don't think
Speaker 1: so. That's good. That's so nice to hear. Ok, what if you could revisit an old episode that we did ok, back in the past and did something differently, which would it be? I wouldn't do anything different because at that point in time, that's how it felt like we said. Now, if we revisit every topic, we will have different things to say about every topic. Actually, I have a challenge for us in 2024 is to go even bolder, break more boundaries. Is it possible? Yes, it's possible. PD is like, she's like we're pushing it else. Can we do? I'm ready. I'm sure there's many, many more things we can do. But you know what if I were to revisit an old episode? I think you guys remember the one we did about the ticking biological clock. And then we ask ourselves, are we worried? I think my answer there was like a na let me leave life. I'm not worried, but I think that might have changed. I mean, with the recent breakup and me continuing to work harder in life sometimes, right? Call me insecure. But sometimes I look at myself in the mirror and then I really just think to myself. Wow. I really aged. I just feel like what's all the collagen in my face? Am I working too hard? Like should I be doing something else in my life? So, so maybe now if we were to revisit the episode, maybe I would have considered things from a different point of view maybe back then when we did that I was happy. So I was like, no, I'm not worried things will come. But actually, conversely, I think I was more worried about my biological clock then than I am now. I think now it's just like because now you're happy. Yeah. Ok. So the state of mind that you are actually I hear you. Yeah. Ok. Let's wrap it up with some milestones you want to achieve and then final words, some milestones that we want to achieve for hush, for harsh and for yourself. Do you think we can reach 200
Speaker 2: episodes? 1000%? I'll be actually if we didn't, you
Speaker 1: know, you think I'll have a kid by the 2/100 episode
Speaker 2: you would have given birth on Can you,
Speaker 1: we talked about the hush, there's a visual side of Harsh podcast, right? And then we said we're gonna document whoever gives birth first. Dude. I got, it's gotta be a pap smear on hush.
Speaker 2: It's true. The camera
Speaker 1: was outside the curtain getting p So
Speaker 2: we took three years. Is it to get here? So another
Speaker 1: three, no, because in between the seasons, we took a break. But now we are on season four, I would say like another 2.5 3,
Speaker 2: 6, 2027
Speaker 1: 200 episodes. My
Speaker 2: God, where am I gonna be?
Speaker 1: Life, man? We don't know, we actually don't know. Let's just make every episode count and just celebrate the time that we have, by the way, if you're watching us on youtube throughout this whole episode, Hazy and Aza have not let go of their hands. Ok,
Speaker 2: guys, my goal in 2024 is to work on my entrance attachment
Speaker 1: style, you know, as well as one person who I feel like very comfortable holding hands with, oh, I don't need to let go on sometimes I'll be like, I'll be worried whether she feels uncomfortable. Award, but she clearly doesn't like holding on to do it. I think I'm as you can tell I'm very avoided. There's a big gap. No, I'm just not, I'm not touching your physical touch. You with my boyfriend. Not A
Speaker 2: I is with everybody. I'm not kidding you. I know.
Speaker 1: OK. Your hands have been everywhere. OK. OK. Yes. To wrap up this 100th episode. Any final words for harsh listeners like thank you without you listening. We wouldn't be able to do this. We wouldn't have a job, we would still have jobs, but we wouldn't have this right. And I just, I really love it when people come up to us and they don't talk about being a radio DJ or whatever Tik Tok, social media. They're like, I love hush. They let you come. I love hush. Yeah. Like that, it just makes my heart melt. And sometimes it's guys, I listen to her podcast to me. I'm very grateful when people take time out of your busy schedules to send us a text message. Sometimes we receive IG dms on our individual accounts where we screenshot and we send it in the hash chat. So everybody gets to read it. I think it's really, really nice and heartwarming whenever we get text like that because we all know it's not easy to put up just one episode, the amount of work that goes into this great, like things like that. It takes a lot of time and effort from a lot of people. So thank you for contributing to community and thank you for loving us. We
Speaker 2: love you too. I think at whichever point you had found us. Thank you for sticking around. Thank you for listening to us. Thank you for finding comfort in the things that we say, whether you agree or you don't agree and you know, just thank you for making it such a safe space for us as well because we're really not, you know, educating you. We're actually sharing learning at the same time
Speaker 1: as well. We're not perfect. We're just human as well. Yeah, and yeah, share with us more of your stories in 2024 right? You can stay completely anonymous. We just want to know the peak, let us let us know. So today on our 100th episode, it would be really, really nice if you could follow us on Instagram if you haven't already at its clarity.co.
Speaker 2: That's right. And if you want to learn more about us. You can spend um maybe the next couple of months catching up on every single of the past 100 episodes on me. Listen on Spotify on Apple Podcast and turn on your notifications
Speaker 1: and check out our what must be our fifth or sixth set of Hush podcast on youtube. Here's to the next 100 episode girls. I'm scared. I love it. Of what
Speaker 2: I'm scared. I mean, as it is, right? Every week we come in on Hush and every week I'm like, oh my God, guys, I got a new story. Really? I have to go on for another three years to have a new story. Every
Speaker 1: 100 stories. Once again, I'm Hazel Iaz and I'm Happy 100 episode and Happy New Year. Make good decisions. Don't do anything you want to do. We would do a lot. No, no, no, don't.