Speaker 1: It has been a while but welcome back to another episode of men. Explain. Thank you for your viewership, your loyalty and your love today, we've got two beautiful, wonderful, lovely guests with us here today. It's Choo and John. Hi guys. My name is Chao and thank you for the whole lovely introduction and it's very rare to hear someone be like beautiful John and I were both like, oh you thank you so much. Thank you so much. We feel we feel good, we feel good,
Speaker 2: right? My name is John and I'm glad to be back, you know, 2023 is the year of changes. Once again, you're back
Speaker 1: for round two
Speaker 2: for round two and I've lost a lot of weight. So I feel like I have to say this on every video that I have appeared because I worked hard for it. Yeah, you
Speaker 1: look there's something lighter and brighter about you. So we're here to answer some interesting questions here today, including our overarching one are men afraid to date strong independent women. No, here is looking at you and he replied so quickly.
Speaker 2: All the credits went
Speaker 1: down there is an explanation. Here. I can't even know what it's like to date a strong independent woman. Alright.
Speaker 2: Uh I guess we're diving straight into it but like um ok, dating a strong independent woman, I would say no, but what one looks like I would say maybe I have an idea because a strong independent woman birthed me. He has
Speaker 1: a really cool mom. I just want to put it out there.
Speaker 2: Who is also the possibly the biggest tires in Singapore Tiger mom. Yes, it's very dangerous to not mess with her. But like I've seen what that's like, you know, and like I've not dated someone like that, but I would say based on a thought experiment, you know, we extrapolate and based on data that I've gathered throughout my life, I would say no, I'm not afraid. But what does dating one feel like I have no clue because I haven't dated one before. But
Speaker 1: for child, you, do you consider yourself a strong independent woman? I never really categorize myself as that because I feel like it's a architect that I still respect a lot and I look up to. So it's a little bit difficult for me to completely declare that I am, that thing that I admire. But I feel like there are because it's something I admire. Definitely, it inspires me and there are traits about a strong independent woman that I would want to have for myself. Yeah, like being independent, I think I am very independent but maybe a different degree of a strong independent woman. You know, I think you, I, I see where you're coming because I do think that I'm a strong independent woman but on some days I just don't want to be like, I just want to be, you know, like the person that needs people to do something for me or it is also a choice like, or your mood, you know what I mean? So it's not like every second of every waking day I want to be that right. So I suppose more often than not, I would consider myself a strong independent woman. That's, that's pretty much how I make a lot of decisions. It's just that I never really bucketed it into like a label, but if we're going to put a label in it, I guess that's me. Yeah. Well, we're gonna unpack it a little more. Um, John was a little bit like, you know, he had a bit of a face when you said, yeah. What, what were your thoughts?
Speaker 2: Because like, I was just gonna straight up almost cut in, but that's not appropriate to do so. Like, like my, my answer to whether you're a strong, independent is absolutely yes. There's no need to. There's no, there's no going around. But yeah, it, it's, yes,
Speaker 1: you know, I'm gonna kick that self doubt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because like, clearly there are traits that I see in you that are definitely fit the fit the definition of strong and independent and such as, right? So when it comes to dealing with adversity, she is somebody that has a lot of uh is very resourceful and picking up on what she has in her environment in order to get through her problems and that's strength, right? And independence in the sense that she is someone that is able to pull together also resources and head space to work out things in her life so that she continues moving forward, right? And without, without overreliance on anyone and people that she picks up along the way in, in fact, rely on her and that's independence. Interesting. Yes, absolutely. So, do
Speaker 1: you rely on her for certain things? For sure? We're not talking allowance or money, but we're talking about emotional support,
Speaker 2: emotional support, I think for, for our friendship, we rely on each other. So that's nice. But it's more like, for example, uh I wouldn't be housemates with her if she didn't find the house. Right.
Speaker 1: So you are the one that made the decision pretty much. So when it came to, I think any big life decision or any challenge that I face, I just go out of my way to find a solution without asking someone for help or relying on someone else to get the job done. I rather do it by myself and wait for someone to do it. So, in the context of us staying together, the entire process and how it went down really was, uh me sending, going for a viewing, sending them the listing of the house saying this is the house, I'm gonna schedule a viewing for you guys. Let me know your thoughts. They go down for the viewing, they tell me that they're ok and I get all the paperwork done and I say, ok, guys, we're moving in. Nice. You never told me this. Thank
Speaker 2: you.
Speaker 1: You know how you say mushy stuff in person where you can do it on youtube.
Speaker 2: It's kind of like almost like you will never want to praise your sibling kind of feeling because you're just like, ew get away from me. I love you. I love you, my friends. I was like, why you talk shit about but yeah, you know, she, she is so good at these kind of things, right? That it almost feels like even if we do try to contribute instead of alleviating her difficulty, we will get in a way, you know,
Speaker 1: wait, just curious. Are you like Capricorn or something? I'm not. What are you? How do you know what's going on? Nothing. I just pick out the earth sign. I figure she said I'm a Capricorn. So I share a lot of similarity. It's just that um I am not the best in terms of organizing and playing. I feel like that's the side of me that's not so similar to you. I make decisions if you present me with five, you know what I mean? So, yeah. Yeah. Yeah. Get narrow it down, narrow it down. Yeah. So you, you are the person that would, she would just make the final decision, right? Ok. Ok. Well, I think that is a good example of independence, you know, in some ways, but taking you back even further, let's say, you know, um, in terms of earning money and stuff like that, now, I think more so than ever. There are so many more financially independent women than before. And we focus a lot on that. Like we don't want to just be like, ok, I'll just find a rich husband and rely on, on that guy. Have you ever thought of that or do you have friends who maybe contribute to that? Ok. I think a very common sentiment that I get especially, I don't know if it's accurate to say, but in this uh industry or at least in the social media space, right? And there are a lot of people who will just say things, they say this very lightly. They will be just like you can just go and get a sugar daddy. Oh, I get that so much. Like people always tell me and I always get D M from people saying they want, they want to be my sugar daddy. What? Oh, you don't? OK. Yeah. Like people are really scared of me or something nice. I wish more people were afraid of me. So, you, you get D MS from sugar daddies? Yeah, a lot actually. Are they cute? I have no idea. They're all anonymous accounts. Nobody would actually show their face. We're getting a lot of one liners from this episode now. But like for real, so many sugar daddies or people who are in the space also saying that they have a sugar daddy and talking about how it's, it's a very easy life for them because all they have to do is just talk to this person and they give them money, but it is easy money. Right? So it's just, yeah, and I just can't bring myself to do it. And I always tell people, I always say, you know what, I don't need your money. I rather just on my own. And that's just how I have lived my entire life. From the moment I was like in school, I feel like a lot of it stems from upbringing, having to be by myself a lot or having to rely on myself a lot when I was growing up because uh there, well, when I was growing up financially, I had to save a lot of my own money and work a lot to pay off school fees, that kind of situation. And I think that was a bit of a training to for my adulthood because now that I'm in adulthood, like I'm still, I still have the same drive of wanting to cover my ass. Yeah, like provide for myself because no one's gonna look after me if I don't do it by myself. So now even when people come to me with uh offers propositions, um I know that I can do it by myself. So there's no much less or I would say no temptation for me to even consider something like that. Yeah, I 100% feel you. I think it really comes down to how you want to make your honest living as well, how you want to make your money, you know, how you feel about it at the end of the day. But to those people who feel completely fine having a sugar daddy, that's fine as well. That's your choice, you know, and there's no um we're not going to say like what's right or wrong. I agree. 100%. So John for you like have you ever dated a girl or woman that is like super financially independent? Actually
Speaker 2: not really. I am excited at the prospect of meeting someone like that because I thought it would be a very interesting sort of like experience to kind of deal with that dynamic because you know, like what you accurately mentioned right? There, there is this, there is this uh societal pressure, you know, for men to be the provider and the women will usually be, be provided for, you know, and so much so that a lot of the times there are people who are afraid of meeting a lady like that because they'll feel like, you know, they are now something about something from them is being taken away, you know. But for me, I welcome the idea because I think it's really cool. I think people do not give enough credit to women who are more financially independent than their partners because in order to get there, they must have done a few things right in their lives. You know. And like those things are, they're not nothing. You can't just see the end state and be like, wow, this is the person because they like that. But you discount everything that came before, you know, and, and that's kind of cool. So, like dating someone like that would mean that this person probably has a lot of experience and stories to hear about as well. So a lot more valuable connection and a lot more meaningful conversation can come from that. And I think that's amazing and you don't
Speaker 1: find it intimidating if you were to ever meet a woman like that.
Speaker 2: I think there's only one thing that I would be worried slash intimidated by and that would be if they don't see value in me anymore, which is something that is something I feel is a common, er, insecurity when someone has a more dominant partner than the other. Right? You're worried that eventually you, you strong and independent partner is disloyal to you because they find someone who is a better fit. Hold up. So,
Speaker 1: what if the roles were reversed because the men are usually the ones, you know, looked at as the more dominating one, the breadwinner and stuff like that. So, for years and centuries wouldn't women have felt that way? Exactly. You know what I mean? My husband is going to cheat on me because I'm not contributing. I mean, there was a bit of a mindset. Yeah, a bit of a mindset of or at least something I've heard from the generations is that if your husband cheats on you, then it's ok. Ignore, ignore and pretend that nothing is happening. So, is this what human behavior would just steer to word if there was one partner that's more dominant over the other, would it naturally just result in disloyalty? I don't
Speaker 2: agree that it will, it will trend towards because like there's more, you know, more capacity for human good than human bad, right? But the thing about it is that based on what we've learned from a lot of things that happen tradition is that like there is this almost uh reclamation of power from women in the past in order to deal with the breadwinner husbands. So I'm pretty sure we've all heard this before and that is calling the wives, the queen of the kitchen, right? The provider at
Speaker 1: home. I'm definitely not the queen of the kitchen. Put it out there.
Speaker 2: Ok? But like it's such a curious term because you think about it like why is there a need for uh for someone who is the leader of a kitchen? Right? Or someone who is the leader at home? Shouldn't it be a shared process between spouses if they and and parents, if their Children and providers for, for whatever priorities in their life? Right? So the mere fact that advertising and the stories and narratives that yeah, and everything in pop culture from back in the day mentions about women being the provider at home, in the queen of the kitchen is clearly because that was a time where the dynamic of strong, independent, usually skilled towards the men and the women need to reclaim some form of control and strength by possessing an area that uh somehow stereotypically became not the strong suit of the man. If not, there will be a pure power imbalance and it would just devolve into chaos. I
Speaker 1: think that, you know, in this day and age, at least I'm lucky to have experience and I'm just going to share my own experiences as well. I've been lucky enough I feel to have had partners even though we didn't get end up getting married like I dated and stuff who have been like my equals. You know, they're not exactly, they don't feel that intimidated in a sense. I think what they feel felt more would be insecurity because they think like, oh you're going to meet so many like handsome hot men, like in the industry, but a lot of them are gay. So I'm just like, you know, that won't happen. Like, if you look at the percentage of men in our office. Yeah, same. Right. Exactly. So, in that sense, I think the mindset has shifted, you know, in the recent years and, and when I ask my own partner right now, like, what if I earn more than you? Um, what would happen? He was like, please provide for me. I'm happy he was like, I'm happy to show that, you know, but for like, have you ever dated a man that was intimidated by what you do your success, for example, your independence. Because I can tell that you are obviously you, you're taking life into your own hands and for sure, you know, I think quite similar to you actually, with your experience in dating, I was very lucky myself that the partners that I've had so far and the people I've gone out with and taken things with a bit further, they've all been pretty much equal as well and they treat me with respect. And I think it is because the, the sole reason why things could even move further is because they've always treated me with respect. And if anyone even gave me the slightest uh feeling of them thinking that they have to be more powerful than, than me, or they have to earn more than me to feel important then I don't think it, it would have even worked out or have gone very far. So I think we sure we may be lucky to have met people who treat us as equals. But I think it's also our kind of dating criteria. Right. Yeah, it's our own filter. Maybe it's to get subconscious that we already know what we're looking for and if anyone is the least, um kind of dissatisfied or unhappy about our success, then we wouldn't even consider going out with them. So then comes the next question. Do you think that independence translates into confidence necessarily like an independent person is definitely going to be confident? No, no, I don't think it's 100% but it definitely helps, or at least for myself, I think that a lot of the reason why I can be confident is because I'm independent and I know that I just need to rely on myself and it's not, I don't need to look for external validation on certain things. I don't need to get people's approval. I don't seek anyone else's approval apart from my own, right? So then that already makes me feel like I have things in place like I, I've got this control, I'm in control of what whatever I choose to do and that freedom, the freedom of choice, right? Uh makes me feel more confident, but a lot of things I think you're quite
Speaker 2: lucky, but I don't think every single strong and independent man or woman necessarily confident because these two are separate things. Yes, their ability and also their capacity for confidence are separate things. And like a lot of it, I guess comes down to um their personalities and upbringing for all. You know, this is a person who has a lot of ability and it is very strong, especially when facing problems, right? But if they have all their life, they have been told that they are not good enough, they will never see the merit that they have from their actions. And that's tough. You see? So they may never be confident even though everyone be like, what the heck this person is clearly a star, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah. I think sometimes we fall into the trap where, I mean, this is a bit of a sideline, but we might fall in the trap where, you know, you're, you're busy chasing success in your career or whatever it is that you define success as then when you achieve it, you're like, oh OK, what's next? Then I haven't achieved enough. So what's next? Do you guys fall into that trap a little bit? Is the entire Singapore education system? But I know, I know, but basically like you finish your O levels and then what you go on to Poly or J C, then you finish Poly, you finish your diploma and you finish your A levels. Then what's next? You go to Uni, right? And then after you are done with uni so many kids just go like, yeah. Yeah. And that's because I think the structure and the way we've been brought up in this system has trained this behavior to always think that something is waiting for us next. And when we need to make the decisions ourselves, then we realize that we don't know what to do actually, that can apply to relationships as well. Um Because I noticed, and I know I mentioned this on me, explain before because Lord knows my life is an open book ever since we started this podcast. Every single guy that I've dated has and broken up with has gotten married after me. And I always, you know, it always gets me thinking like whether OK, I definitely consider myself a career driven, independent person. And also it's the way that you are brought up, right? And I also want to support my family. I want to be able to afford a certain life or whatever it is or a future. And I always feel like at some points, I'm not sure whether it's also how I see things that maybe what, what is the next thing that I want to achieve in my career? And I'm constantly chasing that next career. Yeah, that next career move that I'm not really thinking about my personal life in that sense. And then the guys that I did because they are typically older, they're like, but I want to start a family next. Right. But then I'm never there. You know what I mean? Like, I'm never in that same space. So, do you think you are just waiting to be there? Because now it, it takes a while before you feel like you are on the same, you are aligned with that expectation of the relationship. Yeah. Exactly. Only when you get there. Which is the, I think I want to settle down with this person. That's when the relationship will move to the next stage, which is conventionally marriage. Yeah. Yeah. Well, we'll see where that goes. I mean, I'm currently still with the same partner ever since we started this podcast. So please let it be the same,
Speaker 2: the same name as one of her. Oh my God. You remember
Speaker 1: this? Of course, I do. That's what gets me thinking sometimes. Like can your own independence and your own chase for career and whatever it is affect your relationships as well. Actually,
Speaker 2: this is a good, good, good, like, sort of scenario that you brought up in terms of your, uh, understanding or rather the mismatch in, in expectations between your partner and yourself. Maybe the, the one question you have to kind of stop to ask yourself is what do you want in a relationship?
Speaker 1: I'm not in a therapy session, guys all of a sudden.
Speaker 2: But it's true because I think when it comes to people who are career driven and strong and independent in that aspect of their life. Uh There tends to be this overemphasis on one aspect which results in neglect in the other, which is something that I tell her all the time.
Speaker 1: Is it? Do you feel that way too? Like you are very focused on building? I mean, you're still very young, so you're still building your career. Yeah, definitely. I, I think I am very much still in the space of I'm focusing on my work because I feel like there's so many things for me to do when I haven't got where I want to be yet. And it's just the whole process of building and that journey takes a lot of time, right? And time is finite. So the end of the day, we only have this amount of time to spend with your work, your friends, your relationships. So there will be a sacrifice somewhere. I think one of the main reasons why I am still single is that I haven't really found someone that has been able to complement my life very well and fit into this routine that I have that is just focusing on work and, uh, still having supportive relationships. I think you kind of like, depend on each other instead of one, depending more on the other than the other way around,
Speaker 2: which is ironic. Right? Because if you want something that is so sort of like complimentary in terms of romance, it would mean that you need to be able to um kind of like, know what you want and balance it out with your partner and almost welcome someone into your life to match your, to match their p as they match yours. And it is something that I feel a lot of the times when uh strong and independent people try to pursue other things in their life, it is, there's an imbalance, you know, so they are really good in one aspect of their life, which most of the time when it comes to what we value in society would be things like career, but it becomes detrimental to, to other aspects of their life, like forming meaningful relationships, for example. So one of the things that I've been trying to put an active effort into doing is to live a more sort of like balanced life. So if you are more driven and you have a lot of energy and drive, you know, maybe channel that a little bit into the other aspects of your life so that you're able to more holistically grow into yourself if you are really career driven and then you're able to do really well and then you push hard and hustle hard. 2030 years later, you're at the top of the corporate ladder, but you cannot form meaningful relationships. How sad is that existence? Yeah,
Speaker 1: that, that is honestly a scary.
Speaker 2: It is. And that's why I think for me, I've come to this sort of mini epiphany whereby a balanced life is way better than uh the and a quote unquote successful one because what we value in society is very different from what we value or like in our lives. I use as an example. She's very career driven. She portions all the time very well. I have to because it is because she just brought up about the time to get a time for relationships or whatever, right? I think like one of the things you need to consider, people need to consider for in general is that like, for example, how much priority I place on relationships because you're going to portion 10% of your day to relationships, then don't expect the relationship to match the level of quality as the results you get from your work. So, you know, this is what I am and that's why a balanced life to me right now has been my conclusion of what's the best. Maybe that's
Speaker 1: why I am not actively looking for a relationship because I don't think that, well, I think something I tell people that I see now and then if I do see someone and I explain to them that I feel like I cannot commit and therefore I don't want to waste their time either. So I, I kind of let them know off the bat that I'm not really in a space where I can give you 100% in the relationship. And therefore I, I have my hesitations when it comes to furthering a relationship with them because I don't want to be half hearted about anything. That's fine.
Speaker 2: That's fine. Yeah.
Speaker 1: You want to go in 100%. And if I don't feel like I am in a space where I can give you my 100% then I, I don't want to string you along.
Speaker 2: But you also must consider this. So just counterpoints thought experiment that we can think about, right? So if your, if your intention is to find a relationship that you can give 100% to, right? What if, because of the other decisions you've made in your life, you do not have resources to give 100% to your relationship. When will you transfer the energy to relationship building? Then
Speaker 1: that goes down to what your goals are, right? So like for me, why I am trying so hard to make something out of my career and to grow is to be able to financially sustain myself in the long run, right? So one of the big goals and you know, this, one of the big goals that I have is to one day be able to afford a place of my own because renting is just paying someone else's mortgage sucks. I hate it for your landlord. Yeah, for my landlord, our landline. So that, you know, that's one of my goals. And I think after I achieve that goal, uh please future me watch this. Once I reach that goal, I know that I will start to rep prioritize my time.
Speaker 2: That's good future. You better remember this because I think the dangerous trap that, that strong independent people fall into is that what next thing that we brought about? Let me tell you
Speaker 1: this like, so I'm there, I have my own apartment
Speaker 2: but
Speaker 1: because I, yeah, I used to think that, yeah, this was my goal and all that, you know, and when I got there and then last year, when I collected my keys and everything, it became very real, right? And, and then I moved in, I was like, wow, this is something that I achieved. So I felt really proud of myself and you know, that kind of thing. Congratulations. Thank you. Thank you. Yeah. OK. Thank you. Agents just cannot accept compliments.
Speaker 2: Congratulations.
Speaker 1: I discovered that I'm still thinking about what my next career move is because I know that I need to sustain myself. I don't know whether also because in our industry, um you know, we are also taught to think in a way that, oh, you got a shelf life, especially if you're a woman, especially if you're a woman. I always hear this. You got a shelf life, you know, you better hustle when you're young. I'm like, OK, but who determines that, right? Like I've seen some incredible artists, you know, transform and evolve and I don't know whether it's because of that, that it puts also some pressure on us in a way that, you know, I have to make sure that I think of my next career move before it's too late. Yeah. Yeah, I, I can see how that, that's a lot of pressure if, as compared to say, someone who is drawing a salary, a fixed salary every, every single month and there's a job security. Right. Whereas in this space for month to month, year to year, it really does depend on how well that month is. And um I guess that adds to this feeling of I got to keep on my, I got to keep myself on my toes. I gotta keep looking out and just keep working. But um what I hope is that eventually when I reach the goal, my goal, I will be able to reframe and fundamentally, right. I'm a very simple person. I have a very simple lifestyle and simple things. Just keep me satisfied. I don't need any, anything extravagant in my life. And um when I talk about a house that really just is well, security having a place to call home because right now that's, that's a big gaping hole in my life. I just don't have that. And I think that if I felt secure, then the way I would behave the way I carry myself and way I prioritize my time with them shift accordingly. Yeah. So it should shift. I mean, it should shift in that sense. But also you want to have the right person to share those experiences with in a sense, right? Do you don't you? I think yes, like if I try and, and visual envision what my ideal relationship would be, right? It really just is one where I am loved and supported by my partner. And uh we both can spend simple day to day life, like routine life together and also experience new things. Just nothing crazy. You know, I don't need uh expensive holidays and I don't need to be driving an expensive car. It's really just like simple and it's so underrated. Like you just want someone to do life with, you know, that's the thing, right? Like it's in the small things also that you find the greatest joy I personally feel in the sense when you are in a relationship, right? Um Let's talk about reassurance between partners. Let's just say, you know, you end up dating like a super successful high flyer woman. That's
Speaker 2: what
Speaker 1: that's really hot or hard. Ok. Ok. That's really hard. That's getting pretty warm in here. Um What would you need from your partner? Right, in terms of reassurance, right? For
Speaker 2: me, I think personally if I'm dating someone who is a lot more successful in terms of career for me, er, the reassurance I would need would be a very simple one, which would be that my trust is reciprocated. So all my trust is not squandered, you know, by, by, by her. And it's, it's a very simple thing. Uh, for me, I always in relationships, I give my uh partner full reign of her time and basically almost, uh like we're in a relationship but, but we are not uh so much so involved in each other others life that we need to be able to be to everything. Um, but that is the level of trust that I expect her to kind of like, like come back with. So things like, like reassuring me when meeting new people, uh there are different ways that somebody can do that. So one of the things that I try to do to reassure my partner is to um bring them along for activities and meeting with work friends and stuff like that and, and sort of intermingling friend groups. So I would appreciate if my partner did that and like setting the right boundaries in terms of helping your partner understand what to do and also kind of help them ease into your, your life, your world, you know, is something that I think would reassure men a lot.
Speaker 1: On that note in a relationship, if you had to, let's say, you know, reassure your partner sometimes I feel and, and don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that, you know, it's bad or anything, reassurance is important, but sometimes you could feel like you are answerable to someone or you have to like report to someone and that is our responsibility if we are in a relationship. Yes, I get that. But does it then take away a little bit of your independence in that sense? This is tricky. I can see how one might feel a little bit less independent, but just because they suddenly have to keep telling someone about what's going on in their lives. And you, especially if you're so used to just going about your day changing your plans as you wish. And then suddenly you've got to fill someone in, I guess the difference is that when you commit to a relationship, there are certain things that you give up and maybe a part of the things that you give up is a bit of your independence and it's not a bad thing. I feel like it is just being considerate for your partner. It doesn't mean that you need to rely on someone. But what you need now is to be accountable to someone, be thoughtful of the person that you,
Speaker 2: I, I, I don't completely agree with the fact that you need to give up something. So it's not, not necessarily a giving up of your independence. It's more of like, um, getting your partner to be able to understand what you do. So this accountability is not just to let your partner know what you do, but it's also to earn their trust. And we, a good example is like, for example, with our parents, we will eventually reach a point in our life where they trust us enough that we don't need to account for everything that we
Speaker 1: do. It's true. I mean, ever since I moved out and live on my own, it's not the same dynamic anymore. Like we used to, it used to be like, what time you coming home or like, blah, blah, blah. But now it's more of like, I just update them kind of ok at the end of the day, it's
Speaker 2: not something that happens overnight. You see, and I think the same has to be applied to your partner if you are someone who lives a very independent life to get them to understand and trust you to a certain extent, uh it doesn't come at, it doesn't have to come as, as a, as a sacrifice to your independence. It is more of you being able to balance your independence and understanding that right now, commitment also has a priority in your life. So if you have this understanding and respect for the level of commitment, you would be able to reassure your partner at the, at the level that you can afford to without sacrificing your independence. So I don't necessarily believe that it has to be at the expense of your independence, but in the
Speaker 1: event that John, if you had to, you know, constantly update your partner or almost like I have to report my whereabouts or whatever, would that make you feel emasculated to any sort of extent, if you are answering to this person, she the wind kind of thing. I, I,
Speaker 2: I will not feel emasculated because I feel that the relationship has to take a certain priority in real life. And if you are not able to sort of like, kind of have that level of communication, you know, because I, I'm not saying that, that, that I have no limit. Right. There has to be a limit of for my tolerance as well. If things get a little bit to our hand and this person is asking me for too much, you know, and stuff like that, then you will have to answer the question within yourself, whether this relationship is good for you. You know, it doesn't always have to be emasculating for it to be bad. It may be a dynamic that you can never reassure someone enough. And that is clearly a relationship that is not cut out for the both of you and that's fine. You know. So I don't think personally I would feel emasculated if I need to be someone that, that needs to be reporting to my partner. In fact, I do not mind reassuring my partner. Uh It's just that if this is taken too far, right? I would feel that instead of being emasculated, I just don't think this person would be good for me regardless of how strong, independent, attractive, whatever they are. Yeah,
Speaker 1: no matter how hard she
Speaker 2: is. Yeah. I mean, hotness is hotness is just the cherry, the icing on the cake, you know, it's
Speaker 1: what's inside.
Speaker 2: It's way more important. Right?
Speaker 1: Ok. Good to know. Good to know. I'm not shallow. Is that what you with any hot single friends on the single friends? He, he's just looking on the, on the street.
Speaker 2: You can think of it as really ratchet. It could just be me looking for someone who is worth my time. Oh, but
Speaker 1: John dropping him is another one liner before. So in conclusion and in just a few words, if you can, what does it take for a man to date a strong independent woman? Huh? Yeah. To start,
Speaker 2: I'll start. I, I have an answer already. So firstly, firstly, I think men absolutely should date strong independent women and strong independent women should absolutely date people who they think are not, you know, OK, they don't need to think who are not at the same level. Uh But the most important thing is to recognize that this strong independent person, right? Especially if it's in their career, you know, that's not the entirety of their personality, you know, understand that just because someone is hyper successful in one aspect of their life, that does not mean that's the entirety. So don't be intimidated or box them in and just go for it, man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think something that I always am appreciative of when I see people Right. Uh, is when they are patient with me and they understand that sometimes my schedule is packed and they try and slot themselves in at times that is favorable to my schedule as well so that we still get pockets of time together. But, um, it doesn't feel like I have to carve out a big bunch of my time just to, um, make it in time for a date, something like that. So I think um what it takes patience and um open mindedness and a sense of uh self just being secure about yourself. Yeah. Yeah. Let me tell you this like just a side note. I mean, I think sometimes you find in the simple pleasures like just having a quick coffee or a quick drink in case you know, we've got too busy schedules that can be very fulfilling compared to like we have to do an activity like, yeah, so I I I agree. Thank you so much for listening to this episode of men. Explain if you enjoyed this one, please hit the follow button. We are on Spotify and Apple podcast and
Speaker 2: please follow its Clarity dot co on Instagram and tiktok for more content like
Speaker 1: this. Thank you for having us and maybe you will hear us on clarity again for. Mhm.