Speaker 1: My name is Charlie Kirk.
Speaker 2: I run the largest pro American student organization in the country, fighting for the future of our republic. My call is to fight evil and to proclaim truth. If the most important thing for you is just feeling good, you're gonna end up miserable.
Speaker 1: But if the most important.
Speaker 2: Thing is doing good, you'll end up purposeful. College is a scam, everybody. You got to stop sending your kids to college. You should get married as young as possible and have as many kids as possible. Go start at turning point you would say college chapter. Go start attning point youould say high school chapter. Go find out how your church can get involved.
Speaker 3: Sign up and become an activist.
Speaker 2: I gave my life to the Lord in fifth grade, most important decision I ever made in my life, and I encourage you to do the same.
Speaker 3: Here I am Lord, Use me.
Speaker 2: Buckle up, everybody, Here we go. The Charlie Kirk Show is proudly sponsored by Preserved Gold, leading gold and silver experts and the only precious metals company I recommend to my family, friends and viewers.
Speaker 3: All right, welcome to the Charlie Kirk Show. Andrew Colvett in today joined by Blake Neff in the other seat. We got lots to get to today. We're gonna be joined by Mark Halprin in the second half of this hour. Help us make sense of some of the Susie Wiles.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that just came out out of nowhere, out of faces some hype for but this was just sort of there it is, dropped it and surprised everybody this morning.
Speaker 3: Lots of interesting quotes, I think it's safe to say so. There's lots of speculation about what this means. Is she on her way out? Is did they think this was a book interview? Lots of fascinating stuff. Obviously, this is Amfest Week, So America Fest is coming to Phoenix the eighteenth, nineteen twenty and twenty first right at the Phoenix Convention Center. All the biggest names, all the biggest speakers. It's going to be a wild couple days. I was hoping I was gonna get a out of sleep last night, Blake, and for some reason, like I woke up at four and I tried to go back to sleep. Whoops, didn't happen. So that's not a good sign for Amfest week and Fest week. You need to have all your energy all your sleep, your hydration, well nourished, all the.
Speaker 4: Maybe maybe you could pull a pull a Charlie and have one of those like min Yeah, yeah, day he got into a high performance.
Speaker 3: He was he was a ferrari of a human being. So there's that. Uh. And then we're gonna have Yile Exstein to reflect on the Hanukkah massacre in Bondai Beach, Australia, which is still a tragedy we need to make sense of. And then we're gonna have Kurt Schlickter. We're gonna have a gun discussion. We're also gonna talk about should we nuke the filibuster. Mark wyn Mullen made some big news yesterday by just basically coming out in favor of it. A gun discussion and a nuke discussion. Yes, lots of weapons and yeah, and there's also this compact article we've got to find some pass w went viral. Yes, yes, very compact magazine. It's called the Lost Generation one eighty four. If you want to throw it up, it'll be a little teas. I don't think we're ready to get into it just yet, but one eighty four. So it's the it's gonna call it the Lost Generation. It's all about how there's basically been a whole group of millennials that are about forty.
Speaker 4: If you are a millennial, if you are a young white millennial male, you've basically gone through, let's just say it, a modern day quasi Jim Crow in industry after industry where you were systematically excluded and they all got screwed. Y are some of the people those are? I mean, I guess gen z is who Charlie cared about the most. But so many of the people who were saying are disasters who haven't married, haven't settled down. There are these people who just spent their entire twenty five to forty range. They got hit by the Great Recession, and then just let's just say it systematic discrimination in American life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I mean, I guess we're getting into it. I guess we are. We are getting into it. I mean, we are gonna bring HOL'USI wild, Yeah, we're talking about Whiles with him. But but I mean, listen, it's if you're turning i'd say, priabe between if you're between the ages like thirty five and forty five, this probably could have affected you, right, And if you're thirty thirty, thirty to forty five, you know, And we rage against the marriage rates, we rage against the low fertility rates. Let we rage against the fact that home ownership has the average meeting new home buyer is at like forty years old. We talk about all these ills, but what is really driving down the average. It's these commissars of wokeness that came in right around.
Speaker 4: That's actually not who the article blames. It's not the commissars of wokeness necessarily. All right, this is the interesting thing.
Speaker 3: So just so you guys, I think it's connected.
Speaker 4: So you can look this all up again. It's the Lost Generation. It's a very long article on Compact magazine. This was a huge number of personalities on X we're discussing this. It's gonna be one of the most read articles.
Speaker 3: Of the year.
Speaker 4: On the right, Jacobs by Jacob Savage, who is a writer based in Los Angeles, and he tells his own story. He was trying to become a TV or film writer in Los Angeles, which that's long been a job. A ton of young white guys get did you want to go there trying to be a writer?
Speaker 3: I was trying to be a right, you have no idea how like internalized all of this was exactly exactly. So that's a job a ton of I mean, you know, artsy young men.
Speaker 4: They want to be a lot of them want to be journalists, some of them want to be film writers, some of them want to go into academia. And it's really focused on those art you know, the industry.
Speaker 3: Is what's interesting though, as somebody to live this a little bit, it wasn't really artsy young men. It's really analytical, sharp minded. That's the people that are driven to go into the writing and producing fields. They're there. If they were in a different city, they would have been you know, engineers. I'm not kidding. It's like the same thing. It's the same profile. These are like wells get hit. So it's pro focusing on especially those slightly more creative fields or academia.
Speaker 4: It's a creative journalism, arts, creativity, and how around twenty fourteen you start getting the woke bubble, which is, you know, you need more diversity in all things.
Speaker 3: You need to have more women, women of color, people of color.
Speaker 4: It's the line they had. It reminds us of things that were viral a decade ago. That people have forgotten. Like there was a thing called Oscar's so White.
Speaker 3: It was a hashtag. We still have hashtag campaigns. Before they bought X he got rid of the hashtags. They got Chris Rock to host the Oscars.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and Oscars so white was just everyone nominated for the acting the major acting categories was white that year.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: And so suddenly there was just this demand you need to have diversity.
Speaker 3: And what it points out.
Speaker 4: Again and again is the boomers and Gen xers. There's all these older, older white men who actually are already established in fields, and they just froze it in amber. And so what it became was they would just have everyone beneath them would be used to hit those diversity metrics. So it's not, oh, we're going to increase diversity by making fifteen percent of the established people leave and replace them. It's we're going to just categorically elimin eight young white men from the pipeline.
Speaker 3: For all of these jobs. And that's exactly it turns out exactly.
Speaker 4: What it looks like, all of these people who are wanted to go into these fields, they just could not get jobs in them at all.
Speaker 3: And you really think what.
Speaker 4: Sort of impact that has to be on one psychology, which I know people who have gone through that.
Speaker 3: I can absolutely say, very certainly, I experienced just this. I experienced just this when I was living in LA where just it was common just to say, oh, well, too bad, you're you're a white guy. Like you know, it would this would be a lot easier if you if you had something we could throw out there, like are you gay? I'm not even kidding they say that, they mentioned being gay.
Speaker 4: They always will have something need, they'll be something, they'll have like some.
Speaker 3: American Indian ancestry. They pulled the Live Warren and I was I was literally like, no, I'm a white heterosexual Christian. Yeah, and they're like sorry, good luck.
Speaker 4: And then the number is in here. It's worth reading just for all of the numbers. In twenty eleven, fourteen years ago, white men were forty eight percent of low level TV writers. In twenty twenty four, thirteen years later, they were eleven point nine percent.
Speaker 3: That's dramatic. In let's see, editorial staff went from fifty three percent white and eight or fifty three percent male and eighty nine percent white in twenty thirteen to thirty six six percent male and sixty six percent white tenure.
Speaker 4: Track faculty at Harvard thirty nine percent white men in the humanities to eighteen percent. And when that means is if you're dropping that much and you're not cutting off the people who are in early, it's that it's a total cut off at the bottom. Yeah, and so you just took a group white men. There's still about twenty five percent of young American adults a little bit more even twenty five to thirty percent. And let's be frank they're a pretty talented thirty percent. They're more likely to complete college, more likely to develop a lot of skills than some other groups that have been favored in America the last decade. And yet they're just treated as practical untouchables in a huge number of fields. And it's bad for them. It's totally derailed their lives because if you were subject of this discrimination for the past five years, ten years, that ruins your career. That's the period where you need to get off the ground and you're just stuck in entry level stuff. And on top of that, it fried American meritocracy. But why are TV shows so bad? Maybe because they didn't hire good writers to do it. Why is z academia so roden because they hired only people who filled a racial checkbox instead of the best scholars.
Speaker 3: Over and over they do that.
Speaker 4: And I'm sure our viewers are listeners, they may have lived this themselves. Or if you're a parent, you may have seen your son struggle through this because he couldn't get a foot in the door anywhere and it wasn't really his fault.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I And not to mention we talk about student loans pushing off family formation or whatever, right buying a home. Well, if you can't even get into the job market, if you can't start the career to get up to the rungs of power to earn more money, then that's why marriage rates are going to collapse. That's why fertility rates are going to collapse. I'm sorry, but white men still make up a huge portion of the of the country.
Speaker 4: The line they're using lost generation Anthony one of our listeners' emails, he says, I am a millennial and we're often called a lost generation. Millennials got lost and pushed aside.
Speaker 3: That's screwed.
Speaker 2: Look, I know there are a lot of choices when it comes to who you choose for your cell phone service. There are new ones popping up all the time, but the truth is there's only one that boldly stands in the gap for every American that believes that freedom is worth fighting for, and that is Patriot Mobile.
Speaker 3: Patriots, listen up. For a limited time, Patriot Mobile is running their Red, White, and Blue Friday promotion. It's a once in a year chance to get a free fr Ee smartphone, free just for switching to America's only Christian, conservative wireless provider. A brand new phone, absolutely free while supplies last. And that's the key, only while supplies last, so you gotta do it fast. For over twelve years, Page Mobile has defended faith, family, and freedom while giving you the same or better premium coverage on all three major US networks, unlimited data, mobile hotspots, international roaming. They can do it all. When you switch, you never sacrifice quality or service. Hundreds of thousands have joined the movement because every single bill supports the First Amendment, the Second Amendment, sanctity of life, and our veterans and first responders. Switching is easy, keep your number, keep your phone, or upgrade to that free smartphone today. Their one hundred percent US based team can activate you in minutes.
Speaker 2: Called nine seven two Patriot today, or go to patriotmobile dot com slash Charlie, use promo code Charlie for a free month of service. That's Patriotmobile dot com slash Charlie. Or call nine seven two Patriot and make the switch today.
Speaker 3: Compact Magazine, Anti White Stuff. I mean there was this.
Speaker 4: In a loss generation. I think that's actually the way we link it with the Swedes story, because that's a good point. Charlie would talk about this. There's this real sense of compared to a lot of drugs, marijuana, whether you support leading it or not, there's this big Charlie would talk about this, it's a drug that sort of dulls the ambitions, dulls the mind. There is, for a good reason, a strong association with between being a really heavy marijuana user and just being kind of a loser.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I mean, I'll never forget. When I was going back to my LA days, I remember I met this one guy, believe it or not, he was a worship leader, Oh wow, and he was an avid marijuana user. But he was like, if I don't use it, I will get massively depressed. And he would he acknowledged I he has, he had an addiction, he had a problem. I just thought, why would you ever want to be stuck on something that has so much mastery over you? You know, and and anyways, But a couple of things that we need to sort of establish here. If you are find yourself of a certain generation and you and you still think, you know, weed's fine, It's not the worst thing. Modern weed is not at all what like you know, the hippie era weed. It's stronger stuff, stronger, way more potent, way more potent. Uh So let's do it this way. Actually, I'm going to give Trump some credit here, h This is Trump on fentanyl, and he is a thousand percent spot on play cut one sixty five.
Speaker 5: Today, I'm taking one more step to protect Americans from the scourge of deadly fentanyl flooding into our country with this historic executive order I will sign today. We're formerly classedifying fentanyl as a weapon of mass destruction, which is what it is. No bomb does what this is doing. Two hundred to three hundred thousand people die every year that we know. So we're formally classifying fentanyl as a weapon of mass destruction.
Speaker 3: Weapon I mean listen, it's a funny classification. It's a funny classification, but candidly, you know, and we used to talk about this with Charlie all the time. The drug epidemic kills more people than Ukraine, or kills more Americans than you know, basically anything. I'm just thinking about how that classification.
Speaker 4: I have to imagine that means if you're transporting like fentonal ingredients, they can just throw you in prison for.
Speaker 3: Life or bomb your boat.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, attempting to make weapons and mass destruction is a super duper federal.
Speaker 3: Yeah. But here's here's the other side of the drug news today, which is interesting. We have so much drug news.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 3: CNN says that President Trump is considering, uh well, changing the classification of weed. I think is the right way to say it. Some are saying legalize marijuana. I'm not. I'm not sure exactly he said. He said himself, he's considering.
Speaker 4: He was asked in the Oval Office for He says, we're considering it, and it would be a reclassification from Schedule one, I believe to Schedule three. Right, Schedule one is sort of the most restricted, most controlled drugs. The other stuff on it. Uh, there's stuff like heroin, meth those are schedule one drugs. Schedule three in comparison is ketamine, steroids, testosterone, what.
Speaker 3: You would say, ketamine, it's on the list in the hill in the hills are We'll get to that.
Speaker 4: Indeed, but Charlie thought a lot about this, and it was one of the controversial things he said at least once multiple times. I think that this is one of his positions that got him the most pushback on campus, more than his abortion views, which is he just he opposed legalizing weed. A lot of young people I really like it, but I think I do. At the same time, I think the tide is shifting a bit. I think we probably reached peak marijuana enthusiasm.
Speaker 3: We had that win in Florida.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Maybe let's let's play the clip here on two. His is from CNN.
Speaker 7: The President could use in fact against his Democratic opposition and say, hey, you know what, Democrats have talked the talk, but I'm actually gonna walk the walk when it comes to legalizing marijuana.
Speaker 3: Okay, So what are the prediction markets saying about the chances?
Speaker 5: Then?
Speaker 8: Here?
Speaker 7: Yeah, okay, so what's the chance that this actually happens? I think there's a pretty gosh darn good chance it's gonna happen at least the corner of the prediction markets. So the chance that the US reschedule is marijuana before the end of Trump's term.
Speaker 4: Look at this, eighty eight percent know it's funny because you see seventy two percent of young people approve of it. Maybe they do, but I just I hope it changes because you can smell it here in Phoenix. You can smell it a ton if you're in DC. It's really disgusting. It's a big driver of making public places feel dirtier. It's a much more rank smell than even cigarette smoke was in the past. I think Charlie had very good reason to dislike it. Yeah, so I'm hoping people they don't reclassify it.
Speaker 3: We have a clip from Charlie that I wish we could have got to, but it's I listen, I think I think the prediction markets are probably right. Yeah, Trump seeing a political opportunity, But listen, sometimes we disagree with the president. I remember Charlie was actually asked by our next guest, Mark Alburn, what do you disagree with on the president? And he said weed yeah, so you know it. Listen, we still disagree. I think it's a loser drug. I get it why people try and bend their rationale to make it something less than that. I'm telling you modern weed, especially when you take it young, could really cause mental illness.
Speaker 4: It's a drug you could argue legalize it if you're after thirty or something because it really cooks a developing Yes it.
Speaker 3: Does, and so do not take it lightly. We're also going to have a debate on weed. I'm going to be moderating it at amfests, So Alex Barentson and the editor in chief of Reason. I believe.
Speaker 2: Finding a woman who shares your values, faith, family, and patriotism feels nearly impossible, but it doesn't have to be.
Speaker 3: Selective Search, America's leading matchmaking firm, is changing the game. They connect strong, successful men like you, men who love God, love this country, and want a family with incredible women who share your values. These are intelligent, faith driven women who put family first and still believe in traditional values. Imagine that if you're a single conservative man in his late thirties to early fifties in southern California, listen up. Selective Search has an exclusive network of women ready for the real thing. Here's the best part. Their candidate program is one hundred percent free and confidential. Some of my closest friends have used Selective Search, and let me tell you, they're meeting incredible women. This is your chance. This isn't an app, it's your answer. The perfect conservative woman is out there waiting for you. So visit selective search dot com slash California today. Let the professionals introduce you to women already looking for someone like you in southern California. Don't wait for the perfect moment. Take action now. Go to selective Search dot com slash California and start building the future you deserve. All right, let's let's play this weed clip from Charlie. I wanted to play it earlier, we didn't get to it one ninety three.
Speaker 2: Now let's talk about the youth side of it. This is a very important thing because you might say, but Charlie, if we legalize it, it's all just going to be parents that have to just parent their kids. Who are you to say that if an adult wants to just be able to get high, they should not be able to get high.
Speaker 3: It sounds good.
Speaker 2: That is an oversimplification of the society we are living in. Firstly, in legalized states, the perception of marijuana's harm among teenagers fell by over twenty percent in ten years from the Monitoring Monitoring the Future survey, making early initiation more likely.
Speaker 3: How about traffic deaths.
Speaker 2: After Colorado legalized, marijuana related traffic fatalities road rose one hundred and fifty one percent between twenty thirteen and twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: Let's do one ninety four as well.
Speaker 2: Heavy weed users are sixty percent more likely to miss work seventy five percent more likely to show poor job performance, according to the Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicines. Let me put pause. If we want to defeat the Chinese, is more drug use better or worse? If we want to go to Mars, If we want to build great things, if we want to start new companies, if more employees are using weed, does that make us stronger or weaker?
Speaker 3: I'm with Charlie on all this. I am it's he really was. He was upgrading his message on that more and more. You got to understand there, It's like our whole society, the structures that keep it up, the institutions, the morals, the values is you keep whittling away at these things, even if it's on the edges, Eventually that gets to the core. And we're seeing that across all of our culture.
Speaker 4: Think about what we talked about at the start with that article, all the young men just being excluded from every career and our fix is okay, Well, you can now have legal weed and legal gambling and legal every other addiction ever and just stay doped up, don't care that much.
Speaker 3: Please don't overthrow, play video games, get high, vape, and gamble all your money away that you don't have because you don't have a job. Sounds like a good recipe for success. Yeah.
Speaker 2: By the way, the studies are incredible. Heavy marijuana use is linked to five times higher risk of psychosis and young adults from the Lance in Psychiatry twenty nineteen Colorado er visits for cannabis and do psychosis trippled right after legalization. And by the way, there's another study in addition the one that Blake sent me of an average drop of eight IQ points by the Dundon and study in p NAS twenty twelve.
Speaker 4: See I miss that you're just feeding Charlie's studies. Blake, get me stuff on weed? Yeah, get him stuff on weed. We just start rattling on air exactly. I mean I just completely agree now. Now, so let's just be very clear about what is actually you know, So what's happening here? President Trump is considering a Medicare pilot program that would provide some seniors' access to CBD. Okay, and reclassifying marijuana as a Schedule three would ease tax burdens, banking limits, research barriers, and it could attract institutional pharmaceutical investors.
Speaker 3: What's wrong with that, Blake?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 3: I mean, wouldn't it be good? You know, by the way, CBD is different than THHD.
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: Could we just yeah? Well, so yeah, we do what we do a few emails here, Yeah, let's do What are people thinking about?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 4: Missy, says Andrew and Blake. I am so anti weed. I have watched and I have seen it ruin people's lives. My brother is an avid user who's been using it since elementary school. He's suffered mental health problems. He self medicates with it. It has not served him well. He is violent, paranoid, has continual police contact. As an older man, he has had kids. Married the woman after several years, and he lives with them anywhere he is able, which is they say campgrounds and motels. He's lost the kids, they've been removed, but the liberal city they live in subsidizes their lifestyles.
Speaker 3: There's stories like that. They're Paul and thank you, that's an amazing email. I mean horrible subject. Yeah, I mean that is that's horrible. By the way, he used to have this pastor that would say, you know, if it wasn't for the Lord, that he'd be divorced, childless, and you know, drunk on his couch at home or something. I mean, and you've you do hear these stories where these vices really do grab one hundred percent of somebody's life and they take them down these really destructive paths. There's one hundred percent guarantee to not do that if you just don't even try the drugs in the first place, you know what I mean, if you don't go down those routes in the first place. So why is a society should we be making it easier for young people to use it? And Charlie even quoted that one study that it was like the perception of the harms of marijuana drop most legal their first thing they think too on whether something is right or wrong. Is it's not the Bible, it's not really moral reasoning. It's just what's the law say? Is it illegal? Is it illegal?
Speaker 4: And that doesn't mean everything we think is wrong should be banned, but it should at least guide our intuitions on that sort of thing. Yeah, things that are massively harmful to society, it might be a good idea to sharply restrict or ban them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and this is where we have to do our job. I mean, we're not listen, We're we're not. There is a there is a sort of live and let live, I would say, aspect to American life, to the American ethos, you know, we have a counterpoint. Raven says.
Speaker 4: I'm a sixty five year old grandma with MS. I was prescribed medication that almost killed me. Now I use weed and prohibition does not work. My mom uses weed gummies to sleep instead of prescription medication. Maha has this afraid of everything, including tail and all. Why do you want to.
Speaker 3: Take away our weed? Yeah, that's all that's the center there. I mean, I'm open minded to medical for elderly people. You know, glaucoma what you know, all of these these uses. I'm open minded to it. I'm just saying, what when you when you go on these legalization kicks, the people that are going to get most impacted at young people.
Speaker 4: It'd be funny if you can just say you have to be over fifty or something. And America is so not used to having laws like that. We're used to just you know, becoming an adult and everything's available.
Speaker 3: But I could.
Speaker 4: I think it'd be an interesting thing to consider, because I do think the harms are so much greater for young people. If you're a retiree and you want to get baked, you're not derailing society in the process.
Speaker 3: Are you, though? Well, I mean it's like, honestly, here's here's my thing. It's people make this argument, well, it's not affecting anybody else. I reject that premise completely, because once you start removing the stigma from things, once you start legalizing things in a general sense, as you saw from the study, young people start going, oh, it's not bad, I'm gonna do it too.
Speaker 4: China used to be was the world's most powerful country, and they went through their century of humiliations.
Speaker 3: You know what drove it drug addiction opium.
Speaker 4: They all got hooked on opium and they started to recover when they well, they killed all the opium dealers.
Speaker 3: Well that's I don't think we're ready for that. Although Trump probably would like to kill all the drug dealers. So maybe he studies history. Maybe maybe.
Speaker 9: This is Lane Schoenberger, chief investment Officer and founding partner of y Refi. It has been an honor and a privilege to partner with Turning Point and for Charlie to endorse us. His endorsement means the world to us, and we look forward to continuing our partnership with Turning Point for years to come. Now hear Charlie in his own words, tell you about why Refi.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna tell you guys about why ree dot com. That is why are e f y dot com. Y Refi is incredible private student loan debt in America told us about three hundred billion dollars. Why refy is refinancing distress or defaulted private student loans. You can finally take control of your student loan situation with a plan that works for your monthly budget. Go to yrefight dot com. That is why refight dot com do you have a co borrower, why reef I can get them released from the loan. You can skip a payment up to twelve times without penalty. It may not be available at all fifty states. Go to yrefight dot com. That is why are e f y dot com. Let's face it. If you have distress or default the student loans, it can be overwhelming because of privacuit loan debt. So many people feel stuck. Go to y refight dot com. That is y R e f y dot com Private student loan debt relief yrefight dot com.
Speaker 3: All right, without further Adode host of Next Step with Mark Halprin and of course Mark Halbrin, Welcome back, Mark, Good to see you. I know you had some trained debacle going on, so I'm glad you're here. You know, it's good to see you.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I mean you think I would know not to get on the express when I need the local, But yeah, whatever, anyway, you look with you.
Speaker 3: Good glad to have you. You look warm. I'm glad I'm in Phoenix. Right. Yeah, I was gonna say it looks looks chilly.
Speaker 1: It's a local, all right.
Speaker 3: Well listen, so Mark, everybody's talking about it. I've gotten blown up by like five or six reporters this morning about what do you make of the Susie thing?
Speaker 1: What do you know?
Speaker 3: And I was like, no comment, I don't know, we're going to say that for the show mark what do we make of this? She called jd Vance a conspiracy theorist. She fought Musk taking drugs ketamine at ketemy user, which I don't think is actually that's not secret, called him an odd duck. He's admitted he's taken it. Him continuing to take it is more. I think we all sort of knew he kept taking it, but I mean, you know, it's just Muskus. It must is an odd duck. What do we make of this? A lot of people say that this is that she was, this is her her exit plan. I'm hearing other people say they thought it was for a book interview that was gonna that was gonna come after the admin. What's the truth?
Speaker 6: Well, first of all, a normal White House official who said these things would be fired, but instead you're seeing rallying around Susie. Can go on X and see plenty of people senators and White House officials saying, you know, we love Susie echoing her line that this was all immediate hit job, and the Vice president was asked about it, he was pretty supportive too. My guess, and I don't know this, but my guess, just from knowing the two people involved, the guy who was writing it down and the white at sweeping staff, is my guess is she thought this stuff was off the record. That would be my guess, and she didn't intend to say it. Now, some of it, if you guys just said, it's not super like controversial, and some of it's emphatically true, but it's a little bit off key for her to be saying. She's not someone who seeks the limelight. She's not someone it's the opposite. She puts a premium on people getting along. So, like I said, if I had to guess, I guess that she didn't think this stuff was for publication. It was a misunderstanding between her and Chris Whipple.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so let's put up one seventy one. This is her tweet. She says. The article published earlier early this morning is a disingenuous, framed hit piece on me and the finest president, white House staff and cabinet in history. Significant content context was disregarded, and much of what I and others said about the team and the president was left out of the story. So the part that I that doesn't scare with a lot of people, though Mark is and she goes on to praise the Trump administration. The part that I can't square here is that there's this picture of all of them posing. You know, Caroline Levitt is there right, there's the picture. So obviously they this was you know, they weren't done under this interview, was not done under duress or something. So why the picture does that? What does that tell you?
Speaker 1: Do you know who?
Speaker 6: I feel sorry for now. I feel sorry for people only listening to this as a podcast, because man, that's an awesome picture.
Speaker 3: It is striking.
Speaker 1: It's like it's like the Avengers meet the West Wing. Look.
Speaker 6: Look, she obviously talked to the guy. And it'll be interesting to see if this does escalate her claim that the context is missing. If the guy really does have audio tapes of everything, we'll see if the context is missing. The reality is, you guys know how a lot of reporters are. And I'm not accusing Chris Whipple of this because I haven't heard the whole thing, but I've been in joint interviews with reporters where they'll say, uh, They'll say, like, uh, you know, we're colleague mister Jones.
Speaker 1: What's he like?
Speaker 6: Oh he's awesome. What's mister Jones like? He's awesome? What's mister Jones like? Oh he's great. What's mister Jones like? I really like mister Jones. H Seriously, a lot of people don't really like mister Jones. Are you sure you like mister Jones? You say, well, there are some people who don't really like mister Jones. And then the story comes out and it says we asked them and they said there's some people who don't like mister Jones. It's like it's like, it's like, you know, she could be right. It wouldn't be the first time a reporter took the context away. But let's see if they're audio tid. But again, it's it's an interesting story. I know why you guys are talking about it. I talked about it on my show. I'll talk about it on my show later today. But the norm of a situation like this where people would.
Speaker 1: Say, is Trump mad at her? Is she going to lose her job?
Speaker 6: I just don't think that's even a possibility because of how well liked Susie is and what a great job the President and other people in the White House thinks she's doing. So let's see if we're still talking about this tomorrow. Now, if the reporter decides he's got to put out the context that could keep this thing alive, because it's easy, it's very right from the Trump playbook to say hit job. But let's see if it was actually a hit job.
Speaker 4: Well, one quest thought I had is they talk about the prosecutions, sort of the stuff aimed at Comy at Leticia James, and she talks about that how she's sort of tried to put a ninety day cap I think is the word and the piece on retaliation type stuff, but that he's going to keep doing it. Could that lead to judges citing this interview to justify throwing out charges. And I could see that being a way this would turn the President against Susie if he sees her as derailing something he really wants to get done.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I theoretically I agree with you.
Speaker 6: I don't know that it would be admissible, and I don't know that that would turn the President against Susie. One of the things that this will put in sharp relief for some is amongst them, anything Susie has done in this job that's really well served the president is she has constrained it. When people say in my business and Democrats say, you know, Trump justis yes, people around him unlike in the first terms. Well, the fact is he had people around him the first term who disagreed with him, but they did it ineffectively. People like the Secretary of State Rix Snillerson would disagree with Trump, but he wouldn't get his way. Trump would just President Trump would do what he wanted to do. One of the undertold stories is when Susie Wild sees a problem or others do. She's good at talking to the president and trying to restrain him. So if she restrained in this area some things, and the article suggests she did probably in the president's interest, and even the president may well be grateful because he knows sometimes he does go too far.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the reveal, is that this is the restraint Trump.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: It's like, yeah, so I got to play this clip here, Mark because JD got asked about he had a big event this morning, and I thought he did a brilliant job here one ninety five.
Speaker 8: Sometimes I am a conspiracy theorist, but I only believe in the conspiracy theories that are true. And by the way, Susie and I have joked in private and in public about that for a long time. For example, I believed in the crazy conspiracy theory back in twenty twenty and that it was stupid to mask three year olds at the height of the COVID pandemic, that we should actually let them develop some language skills.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 8: I believed in this crazy conspiracy theory that the media and the government were covering up the fact that Joe Biden was clearly unable to do the job.
Speaker 3: I mean, if all we get out of this ultimately is another rendition of JD. Vance's political talents, then you know, so be it. But that is a fun way to take it. And you're right. It's almost like what you're not hearing is the actual insight here. You're not hearing backbiting, You're not hearing people going for Susie. But you've heard these rumors too, Mark, that Susie was going to be out at the end of the year, that Trump was hit soured do you believe there's any truth to that.
Speaker 1: I done first on terms of JD.
Speaker 6: Vance's greatest pivot since Bob Lanier, just you know, move right away from trouble.
Speaker 1: I don't believe that's the case. I based on everything I know.
Speaker 6: People are very pleased with her, and it's hard to do that job for any president, but particularly for this president, with a very strong willed vice president, strong wild cabinet, a lot of high wire act operations. As far as I know, she's been in very good stead and good standing and very committed to MAGA and the agenda. You saw her the other day in a rare interview that she also did. She said, you know, she hadn't told the president yet, but he's going to be out there doing stuff. And Susie's one of the few people who's ever been involved in Trump World for the last decade who really has the confidence to tell the president when she's thinking, thought, faith and like I said, I think I used that.
Speaker 1: I don't know what he'll think of this.
Speaker 6: Interview, but if the Vice president's inn the indication she ain't going anywhere, then just going to joke about it, blame the media and move on.
Speaker 3: I've got to ask you about this Brown University story. Mark. I saw some video of you circulating yesterday where you said that the parents had been informed that it perhaps could have been a targeted hit on Ella Cook, obviously the vice president of the Brown University Republican Club. What can you tell us about this?
Speaker 6: Well, just to correct you a little bit, I didn't say the parents had been informed that I'd been told by people that they had been I've not talked to the parents. I've not talked to law enforcement. So I don't want to spread anything that's false. I don't want to be involved in it. But this is what I can say a couple things. First of all, imagine that this shooting occurred on a southern conservative campus, and imagine one of the two people killed was the vice president of the Democrat College for Public Democrats. Imagine what the media would be saying. And if law enforcement in a conservative town had done a very bumbling job in the investigation, imagine what people would be saying. Okay, that's number one. Number two, there are some peculiar things here, besides the fact that law enforcement seems to have done a kind of a bad job so far, most of these killers they keep firing until they kill themselves or they're shot by law enforcement or captured. They're rare that they kill and then leave. This doesn't happen that often, right, if it's not targeted. And like I said, the three separate sources asserted to me that the family had been told this. I just don't know if it's true. I just know that in the absence of clarity of why this person is still at large and why they left after killing two people, one of which was this young woman, in the absence of clarity, it's notable that on a very liberal campus you had a very visible conservative. So I just think it's something people, in the absence of clarity, something we should consider, because imagine, if that's true, it's a very significant and big story.
Speaker 3: It's a huge story, and you know, our thoughts and prayers are literally with Ella Cook's family. It's just terrible. Yeah, it hits close to home, as you can imagine.
Speaker 1: Marketing of course.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you mentioned the bumbling investigation. I mean, you got eight hundred cameras on that campus, and I'm told that this particular building was on the edge of campus, so that's why they were relying on ring cameras, but either way, it's shocking that we don't have a suspect for something this high profile. Mark Halpec, thank you for making the time. I'm gonna let you get inside here.
Speaker 1: Good to see you, gentlemen. Happy holiday, Very Christmas.
Speaker 9: For more on many of these stories and news you can trust, go to Charlikirk dot com.