Speaker 1: Welcome to today's podcast sponsored by Hillsdale College, All Things Hilldale Hillsdale dot edu. I encourage you to take advantage of the many free online courses there, and of course I'll listen to the Hilldale dialogues, all of them at q for Hillsdale dot com or just Google, Apple iTunes and Hilldale marnon Glory and Eating Grace America. Welcome to the big weekend pot. I hope you have a great pod ahead of you. We're in the dog days of August, but there's still a lot of news going on and I want to bring it all to you today. Most of my focus with our guests, and we have a lot of great guests, John Ellis, Eli Lake, Charles C. W. Cook, Ben Dominich and the United States Senate candidate and Georgia Michael Collins. I'm going to spend a lot of time with them talking about Abdul Lsayed and Hassan Piker, the LSA Ed Piker ticket in Michigan, and that's how I'm referring to it. I think Elsa Ed is the most radical major party nominee since the Civil War. He's off the chart. He's an anti Summit he's pro Islamist. He is absolutely unacceptable as an American senator and full of hate. There's a lot of tape on him, by the way, you may have seen it come out today, went up to Macinac Island and said how much he hates Macinae Island. Everyone in Michigan loves macana Island, even people from Ohio Macanae Island. It won't belong to insults the Lions and the Pistons the way this going, and maybe even the Tigers. But I want to really stress how far outside of the mainstream he is. And Hassan Piker pushed him there. He needed a San Piker, He needed that hate filled a bigot to be at his side every step of the way, and he was. He was there on election night, and he's profaning. He's vulgar. It makes it almost impossible play. Hassan Pikers a Twitter, a twitch stream guy, and he has got no accomplishes to his name. Started at the University of Miami, ended up at Rutgers, and then just fell in with the Young Turks podcast and then decided I'll just start being vile online and I'll draw a couple one hundred thousand people by being vile online. That's what he is. He's vile. He's just anti Semitic, hates Jews, and he hates a lot of other people too. He hates whites, Americans, he hates people who make money. He hates everybody. And he's captured. El Sayed got l Sayed the nomination, so they're running as a ticket. But l Sayed is no better roads either. He's the same way. You don't merge your persona with a Hassan Piker unless you want to go there. And I don't think he's gonna be able to fool miss In. He fooled the Michigan Democratic electorate. Part of that was a bunch of fake poles, and I mean fake fake polls, polls that showed him ten fifteen points ahead, and he won by fifteen thousand votes out of a million five casts. So you figure that out. Haley Stevens is right to be angry about that. He's got a couple of endorsements already. Pete Boodagic run down to throw his arms around it. We've got Kamala Harris, who should know better, but she wants to be president again. She knows that she needs the whack job portion of the party. Andy Basher, now Kentucky governor, is going to Michigan, but he's not going to appear with LSA ed. What's Barack Obama gonna do? What's Hillary Clinton going to do? I don't know. Gavin Newsom is reportedly heading to Michigan this weekend to throw his arms around lsayed. I don't think they'll ever get the stink off. I really don't. The guy is a hater. He's just an absolute hater. And Mike Rogers, Thank goodness, the Republicans nominated enormy Mike Rogers, Lieutenant the United States Army, Mike Rogers, FBI special Agent. Mike Rodgers seven terned congressman, fourteen years in the United States House Representative. He stepped down, I think probably to go to the private sector for a while and make a little bit of money. But he was chairman of the House Intelligence Committee meeting. That's a select committee. You don't get on it by you end up there because you're very well thought of, your very highly esteem. Mike Rodge is a very fine candidate, barely lost to Alyssa Slotkin in the twenty twenty four election. So he just dusted himself out and said we'll do it again, and this time he's drawn the best opponent. A radical. Not He's absolutely not. And you look at Francesca Hong. I was on with John Roberts on America's Newsroom excuse me America Reports on Friday, and they began by talking about Hong, and I said, John, Hong's a joke. She's not going to win in Wisconsin. She hates Thanksgiving. She's cooked up in some academic lab. Just a very weird person. I don't know how she got the nomination. I guess there are enough weird people in Wiscon. But she'll get blown out by Tom Tiffany. And so Democrats are in trying to talk about that race instead of focusing in on l Sied and how dangerous he is, how radical he is. Everybody listening, you ought to head over to rod Michigan dot com. Rogers from Michigan dot com, give them a campaign contribution. No matter where you are. And by the way, you're an American Jew. This guy hates you. He hates you. You should contribute to Mike Rodgers campaign. We ought not to allow burial anti semis in the United States Senate. He can win. I mean he got the nomination. Put one over on the people in Michigan. Doesn't mean you have to sit there and take it. You can fight back. You don't have to go along with this crazy lurch left of the Democratic Party, the DSA with the incubator for a lot of the crazy left wing Democrats out there. Kiros in Denver, Chevellier Valdez, Lander in New York, Jmamway in New Jersey, Rob in Philadelphia. They're all anti Semitic nuts, but they are deep blue congressional districts, and they'll give fitch to Keem Jeffries or whoever they make the leader of the Democratic Party. But they really don't threaten people. I doubt this guy will return a blue slip for a Jew. I think he will bring the poison of anti Semitism in the United States Senate. So get out your checkbook, go to Rogers from Michigan dot com, contribute and volunteer. If you're up there listening to me on Detroit or anywhere in Michigan, Grand Rapids up in the up, don't lay down for this guy. He's bad news. You know it, I know it. Mike Rodgers is good news. Get involved, and now enjoy the rest of today's big weekend pot morning, glory and etan grace. Welcome to your weekend, America. I'm Huge Hewett and I begin it as I usually do with John Ellis. John is the founder and editor in chief of News Items. Each week, John sends me a bunch of stories that may not have caught many people's attention but caught his. Before I go to them, John, I want to throw you a bit of a curveball, just to set the stage for my future guests. The Lsaeed Hassan Piker ticket, and that's what I'm calling it. I'm calling it the most radical major party nomination in America to the Civil War. Do you agree with me on that? I'm not sure I agree with you on that.
Speaker 2: I think I think it's Uh, it's certainly to the left of what Michigan Democrats are used to. I think he's a surprisingly strong candidate because he's very very much on message. Uh, you know, Medicare for all, keep big money out of keep big money out of politics, and you know, throw the bums out. He's very effective repeating that message over and over again. But I think at the end of the day is his real beliefs and his friendship with mister Piker in particular will lead to his defeat Piker. The Democratic Congressman from New York named Richie Torres wrote a letter h a press release about the mister Piker, which, if people haven't had a chance to read, is a thoroughgoing indictment of mister Piker's beliefs. Let's put it on.
Speaker 1: You've been doing this a long time. So if over the course of the next week you come up with another major party nominee to the left Lsied and his sidekick Piker, let me know. Next week, let's go to your first story.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean yeah, I mean the big story this week was a sort of great leap forward by China in the race for AI supremacy, if you will. And there's a man named Alan Thompson who is sort of the godfather of measuring AI capability. Everybody you know agrees that he's the guy. He puts out a monthly memo, a monthly newsletter called the Memo, and he measures all of the capabilities of the various AI models, well Chinese and American. And I had a chance to a podcast with him I interviewed him for my podcast and I said where are we and he said, China's tied, and they might even be a little bit ahead. And so I think that is a is an enormous change and from where we were a year ago. The big advantage China has, aside from, you know, the ability to develop the models that they're developing, is that they have this huge infrastructure advantage. They have enough power to power all these data centers. That's a real problem here in the US, and Elon Musk, among others, has said that China will win the AI race precisely for that reason that it has the jews to power the data centers and that our capacity to do that is diminished by you know, essentially neglect of our grid over decades.
Speaker 1: So that's a big one. I'm not an expert on this, but if you lose for a while, can you we gain the lead in AI? Yeah? I mean it.
Speaker 2: I mean I think that the technology is advancing, it's compounding in this way, is running so you know, so much faster than people realize. There was a famous memo that was put out called AI twenty twenty seven and it, you know, it described how fast AI was developing, and everybody thought, well, that's hysterical, and actually it turns out that it's developing faster than even they than they predicted, so it you know, it's it. We're going to get to a point where I think it doesn't really matter if so and so, as you know, if China is ahead on this and the US is ahead on that, we will have reached what's known as the singularity. Musk said earlier this year that we'd already reached the singularity. Sam Altman a couple of weeks ago said that we were now living in the singularity. And the singularity, for those of your listeners who don't know, the depression, essentially is that point when artificial intelligence surpasses all of human intelligence. So two of the leading figures in artificial intelligence, mister Musk and mister Altman, say that we're already there. There are, you know, a number of concerns about that. Obviously. The three that really stick out for me are one, there's an existential risk that the machines will run amock, essentially, that they'll go rogue, and we've read a lot of stories about that in the last month or so. Second, I just had an X ray. I have a pinch nerve in my neck and I had an X ray and I got the technical report on the X ray. I put it into Claude and it came out with a perfect description of the results of the X ray. That's just one small example of how this technology is going to transform work, and it's going to be disruptive, getting from the model that we now have to the model that we're going to need for life with AI in everything.
Speaker 1: So John, this or is it a source of apprehension for you?
Speaker 2: It's obviously existential risk is a source of app you know, apprehension. I think it's going to be very disruptive in the next three four years. I think it will be the major issue of the twenty twenty eight presidential campaign. But I'm very optimistic that if we get through that disruptive period that AI will be just an enormous benefit to us all people. I mean, it'll be a game changer in human history. So I think, you know, let's just get through the transition period. If we do without existential risk rearing its only head, and I think we're looking at a very bright future.
Speaker 1: Indeed, well, AI help us close the American munitions gap, because that was one of the stories you sent me. I've read about it. I wasn't sure if I believe the leaks. But your Reuters reporting is that the US Army has used up most of its stockpile of highly accurate long range missiles, the attackers and the Presion precision strike missiles, but did not tell me how long it takes to replace those.
Speaker 2: It takes a long time. One of the problems with our Defense department is that we are we develop perfect weapons, right, so there are one hundred percent good and in this case, perfect is the enemy of the good.
Speaker 1: We need.
Speaker 2: You know, if we had eighty percent thads, or if we had eighty percent patriots, we would have a lot more of them and we would be less stressed in terms of munitions. There's no question CSIS, which is a very well respected think tank in Washington that does a lot of military analysis, they put together a comprehensive report on the municious munitions shortfall that it's entirely persuasive.
Speaker 1: All right, now, let's turn to the blue wave. I do think there's a blue wave in the offing, but I also think the nomination of the DSA Congressional candidates, particularly LSIED in Michigan, may in fact energize Republicans in a way that they ordinarily wouldn't be in a midterm. Have you calculated that into your assessment of the blue wave?
Speaker 2: Well, right now, if you believe the data, and I do, where Democratic voters are more motivated to vote in this midterm election than Republican voters are, and if that sticks, then the Democrats will do well. If the Republicans are able to make the DSA essentially a major issue, and then I think that that can motivate the Republican base, particularly the magabase, to get out and vote. And if they get out and vote, then the Democratic gains in the House are probably enough to get you know, to give them recapture control of the House, but not by anything like a normal twenty six suite twenty six seat swing, and I think it makes it. If the MAGA base votes, then I think the Senate will stay in Republican hands for sure.
Speaker 1: Now, John ellis for the benefit of audience that may be new. We pick up station very month. You've been doing political analysis for forty years and you've seen a lot of races. Do you think intuitively, Mike Rogers, who's eighty center right, normal Republican Army lieutenant, FBI special agent, fourteen years in the House, Chair of the Senate of the House Intel Committee. Is he going to beat Abdulsi ed in Michigan? In your opinion, I would think so.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you think of the rough math of this is forty five percent are going to vote blue, you know, regardless, forty five percent are going to vote red regardless. This is true in Michigan. The ten percent, you know, what are they going to do right now? They're financially stressed. That's number one. Number two, they think the system is corrupt. And number three, they want to send a message about how dissatisfied they are with the way things are working.
Speaker 3: That is.
Speaker 2: Lsad's message. That's his hope for victory. I'm not sure that's that's going to get him across the line. So if I were betting in Rogers.
Speaker 1: I am betting Rogers as well. John ellis always a pleasure subscribe to news items. Be Smart. Thank you, America, Thank you, John. Welcome back, America. I'm Hugh Hewitt with Eli Lake. He's with the Free Press. He's the host of the Breaking History podcast. He was on the commentary podcast today, Eli, I just got done talking about what I think now is the most important race in the United States political cycle this fall, which is Mike Rogers, Republican FBI agent, lieutenant and the Army chairman of the House Intel Committee, against Abduhman al Sayed and his running mate Hassan Piker. And I'm very serious about that. I think they're stapled together. I think they are a dangerous pairing. I think it injects deep hatred of Israel and Jews into our American political stream. And I think everyone who cares about the country should contribute to Mike Rogers. What say you?
Speaker 4: I generally agree, But I also think we've crossed a rubicon already because Sayid won a squeaker, and not only did the leadership of the Democratic Party and pretty much everywhere with acception of this very brave Republican Democratic congresswoman from Michigan say they are going to endorse him, but they didn't extract anything out of said for the endorsement.
Speaker 3: They didn't get.
Speaker 4: He has not given that speech that Obama had to give about Reverend Jeremiah Wright, who I would say that that Sayid and right are part of a tradition of the anti American left. And so if Sayid wants to pivot to the middle and maybe reintroduce himself to the voters of Michigan, they're not asking him to distance or renounce himself from Piker. And that, to me, it's a very ominous sign that one of the two major American parties is kind of now at the most charitable thing you can say is that part of their coalition is the anti American left, and that's very bad.
Speaker 1: Well, let's talk about Piker for a second. L Sayid put him on like a body suit, like a Spider Man suit on Peter Parker. I don't think he can take him off. And in fact, I've been seeing on my online today a dozen different Piker clips where he just is vulgar, obscene, anti Semitic, anti black. Now I'm beginning to see l si ed clips where he does things like denounce Mackina Island, which is like in ohioan denouncing the horseshoe in Columbus. Obviously, there's a lot to dig up here that Hailey Stevens didn't.
Speaker 4: Well did Hailey Stevens got all this money from people who didn't want, say to win the nomination, but she.
Speaker 3: Didn't really go hard after him.
Speaker 4: I mean, I think only to the very end the last days that she mentioned Piker as a problem and saying that Duwes were uncomfortable. We have Dana Nessel as the attorney general for the state of Michigan. She won't go to the party's convention this year because she doesn't she doesn't feel safe. I mean, listen, that's terrible. And it's because, I mean, it's not like this is Dana Nessel, by the way, is not you know, a center right Democrat or somebody she is on board. She herself is a lesbian. She ended up dropping the charges against the University of Michigan people that were then charged by the Justice Department. But it's you know, there is something going on there, and this is a very ominous sign in that respect.
Speaker 3: So the idea that.
Speaker 4: You're going to see everybody, I mean, we talked about it in a commentary, But I don't understand what does Chuck Schumer have to lose. I don't think he's gonna win majority leader if or minority leader. You know, after this, after the midterms, why why not go out and say you know, I've believed in you know, the US's ra relationship for my entire political career, and I can I get behind the guy, and you know, I hear my problems with him. I think that would have been a better move.
Speaker 1: That's a sad ending to a long and colorful career for Chuck Schumer. Dissiccated supporter of Israel. He won't be welcome in the Jewish State by many people, if any. But I was interested in your conversation with John. I take your side on this, and i'd tell John if he was here, if you're going to attack, and I'm going to attack. L sayed for saying hurt people, hurt people. I am going to preface it by saying he condemned the attack by an Islamist on a Jewish synagogue and school, and al said condemned the attack, but he said hurt people, hurt people. In other words, he attempted to deflect from the attack. But I think it's important to put the first part in or you'll open yourself up to being discredited on the second part. So I took your position on that. But if I were Apak, I would get a lot harsher right away. The guy is an anti semi Islamist adjacent nut and I do not believe we should let Hassan Piker leave stage left now I think I keep him on the stage.
Speaker 4: What do you think, Well, first of all, do we even know that Hassan Piker? I mean his job is to be shocking? Is he is the modern twenty first century equivalent of a shock jock like a Howard Stern. Correct, that's what his job is. So his job is to get attention. So he's not gonna stop talking and being controversial. And unless Sayid says something makes a kind of Reverend Jremiah Right speech that Obama had to do in two thousand and eight, he's gonna be wrapped around his neck either way. So Sayid is either gonna have to I mean, he can keep saying what he's saying, which is Pikers an influencer. I'm out trying to earn votes. Maybe that'll work. I don't but I don't think it does it get gets us anywhere. You know, do you believe, as Hassan Piker has said that Malse is one of the great leaders of the twentieth century. That's a terrible thing to say. If you know anything about history, you know what anything that tongue is.
Speaker 1: What one senator can do in the United States Senate, to wreck it, to put holds on nominations, to be on hearing. They can't really contain l Sie if he gets into the Senate. I think Michiganers, I was just in Michigan, is in Detroit this weekend. I make fun of him during Ohio State Michigan week But their normies, they're not really right. It's not New York City, it's not California.
Speaker 4: Well, yes, except here's what I worry about. And I trust John Ellis. I was watching the end of that and he thinks that that that Rogers is gonna win. It'll be close. Here's what I worry about. Trump's approval ratings are not in a good place right now, and if they keep sinking and the price of gasoline keeps going up, I think it's going to be very difficult because I think that that Sayid will run and saying hey, you know, Mike Rogers is Trump's guy, and if Trump is not popular in Michigan, and that's going to be a tough sell, especially since one of the things that he's doing off the bat right now, Hugh Is he's making a plea to Democrats in his state, saying, come with me if Sayed does not represent your values. So I just think it's going to be hard, and I worry about it. I'm not making predictions, but I'm just thinking it's going to be a very very close race. It shouldn't be, but it is.
Speaker 1: And the last question that Trump has got two years left. This is a six year senency. I think that's a very compelling argument to people. You might hate Trump, you might be mad about the Iran war, although he could turn that around, but it is a six year sentence. He's there for a long time. If you elect this radical, what do you think? Yeah?
Speaker 4: And also well yes, and also you're teaching the radicals inside the party that are trying to take it over from the Democratic Socialists of America that this kind of politics, which I think nearly half of the Democrats in this you know, voted against in the primary, is you can win with in Michigan. That itself is a really bad thing. Is that we have to teach the party a lesson that this is too far. But I think you're right. The six years is another very good argument there.
Speaker 1: I'll be talking with Charles C. Cook about Buckley driving out the Kooks in the fifties. I think Democrats, although Kamala Arison, endorse them today. I'm waiting to see what Ram Emmanuel shows about Elsa. We got twenty seconds. Do you think he'll endorse them, Eli, I hope not.
Speaker 4: I was shocked to see how many Democrats just lined up this week after he wins a very narrow election. You know, I think that that was a huge error on their part, because you know, it's like you feed the crocodile in the hopes of that he will eat you last.
Speaker 3: Well, you're on the Congress.
Speaker 1: He's very hungry. Euila, thank you. Follow him on exit, Euila. Read him at the Free Press. She's a joke and she's a diversion. Hong is going to lose. She's gonna win the nomination. She's going to lose badly in November to Congressman Tiffany. And I think most Democrats realize that. So she's the expendable extra on the Star Trek episode who never makes it back to the chef. She's out. They're focusing on l Sae and I think this is really far more important than Hong the l Saeed rate. He's running basically on a ticket with us Han Piker. El said is the most radical major Party nominee for the United States Senate since the Civil War. He is so out there, anti Semitic, anti black, anti free enterprise, anti everything. He has been incubated by us On Piker. He's actually the child candidate us on Biker and what Democrats are doing. I'm surprised Kamala Harris endorsed him because if you watch all day long on the posts on X, all of a sudden, the floodgates are open on L Sied Welcome back America. I'm Hugh you at Charles C. W. Cook is the senior writer at National Review. Charles that was me earlier today. I'm with John Roberts dismissing Hang as a joke and lasering in on L Sieed. Who's anything but a joke? To me? A your assessment of my assessment and be your assessment of L. Seed.
Speaker 5: Well, I hope you're right about Hang. I have a bunch of friends in Wisconsin. In fact, Wisconsin is and always has been quite overrepresented relative to its size at National Review. So I've for a long time had first from Wisconsin, who share your view that she will lose.
Speaker 3: I hope that's the case.
Speaker 5: He I worry more about purely because of the national environment. I think he's running against a difficult candidate to run against in this circumstance, Mike Rogers, who is a generic Republican in many ways, who came very close to winning in twenty twenty four, as incidentally, did is it John James in twenty twenty So Michigan has been close recently. But if the national environment is bad and Republican enthusiasm is down, then who knows.
Speaker 1: Your friend and mine? Matt Contnerty wrote a piece for National Review in January twenty twenty five honoring the late William F. Buckley, who, when asked upon his retirement in nineteen ninety by The Washington Post what his greatest accomplishment was, it was, he said, quote the absolute exclusion of anything anisimitic or cookie from the conservative movement. I see the Democrats now facing the same challenge. Well, anyone rise to mean it the way Buckley did on the.
Speaker 3: Right, Well, we're not seeing them do it.
Speaker 1: Ah.
Speaker 5: We I don't want to be facetious or partisan, and I hope that the answer is yes, But I don't see any tendency in that direction. And I think, especially at the moment, they're so angry with Trump and with their loss in twenty twenty four, and they're aware those who might be inclined to do something about it that if they make a move, they will be removed from the party. That's another reason, Hugh, why I think.
Speaker 3: Eli Lake said this earlier.
Speaker 5: Why it's so important that el say it loses, Because although I would like to see Republicans do well, if Republicans, for example, lost Senate seats in North Carolina and Alaska, the takeaway would be that moderate candidates do better and that DSA types and anti semites ought to be shown. But if Elsi had wins, and if, goodness me, if Francesco Hong wins as well, then I think you're going to see a terrible combination of energy that is built up in the party in opposition to Trump and the conviction that the way that you win, even in a more moderate Swingish state such as Michigan, is to nominate these people, and then the likelihood of there being an attempt to stage a party Wide's sister Soldier moment is going to be even more remote.
Speaker 1: Okay, so when we come back from break, I'm going to talk to you about the Iran impact on this election. But running up to that, do you think that perhaps the red way that didn't materialize in twenty twenty two is the same sort of non event that will occur in twenty twenty six. In other words, all politics is national and the tribes are set, not a lot of people migrating between tribes.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean, the one thing about twenty twenty two that I found the most interesting and the most frustrating was that if you looked at the polling, in almost all of the states in which there was a competitive Senate race, voters said that they wanted a Republican senator. They just didn't want the one that Republicans offered them. And sometimes the gap was five or six points. You had fifty five, you know, percent or so saying yeah, I wanted to vote for a Republican, but then the election turned out fifty one to forty nine. That was because Republicans chose bad candidates. So the Democrats might shoot themselves in the foot this time. But yeah, it could.
Speaker 1: Be, it could be. I'll be right back with Charles shew Cook to talk about Iran after the break. Don't go anywhere America, because I don't know what's going on there, and I hope Charles does stay two. Welcome back America. I'm Hugh Heure was senior writer of National View. Charles shew a Cook. Charles. I was during the break going over to the Wall Street Journal and I scrolled down from top to bottom on their landing page. There are twenty two headlines of stories or editorials. Not one has the word Iran in it to What do you attribute that or what conclusion do you draw from that? Well?
Speaker 3: I draw a couple.
Speaker 5: The first one is that no one and I would include the President in this, seems to know what's going on. It's not as if every day the president or the Defense Secretary or the Secretary of State comes out to the podium and delivers a master class that keeps us all apprized of the situation. That's in keeping with the opacity of this from the start. The second thing is that although there have been consequences of this war, it's not something that outside of gas prices and maybe at the margins a little more inflation, most people are feeling every day. This is in no way to underplay the deaths those servicemen who have given their lives in the conflict. But we're not as we were in Iraq, or on a much greater scale with Vietnam or the Second World or waking up every day to newspaper reports of tens or hundreds of people being killed and the stock market is up suns out, and I think the combination of a lack of communication from the White House and a confusionist to what's going on, and a general feeling that things are normal is probably kept off the newspapers.
Speaker 1: Do you think it is a false seduction to the White House and the President to believe that no news is good news, because I think if they want to rally the country to their standard in November, they have to win this in a way that makes not necessarily capitulation but as obvious to us that we've won. Well.
Speaker 5: I agree with that, but as you know, I think that we're in a stalemate. And I think that the stalemate is the product of America having overwhelming strength but being unwilling.
Speaker 3: To use it because of the costs that.
Speaker 5: That would involve, and the President being torn on what to do. He can't get out, he can't just leave with his tail between his legs. But equally, a push, which we could do we have the strength and the talent, is going to be politically unpopular. And I'm alarmed by this because I think we've stuck right in the middle.
Speaker 1: Well, if he were to announce there are three ways to go, major combat operations withdrawal, and then we have a blockade and we are not going to lift it until an inspections regime is allowed into wherever they had nukes and a pickaxe mountain, and that blockade will kill you dead over three months, and you're not going to shoot anyone. We're going to hammer you. That would be an articulation of a position that I think could garner significance of. But there's been no articulation of any position, Charles.
Speaker 3: No, and this has been my critique from the start.
Speaker 5: I'm not, on paper opposed to our doing something about Iran. There's been a thorn on our side for years and it's putting it mildly. But it's been a strange moment, Hugh, because at one level they started off saying everything you know, there there were five reasons we were going in, and now they don't seem to have articulated a rationale for our being there at all, and if newspaper reports it to be believed, which then not always that the President has started asking people if they have any ideas, which isn't a problem in general. If you know what your strategy is, if you understand what you're trying to achieve, there's nothing wrong with asking people how best to achieve it. But I think Trump seems to be asking what to do, so if he can't work that out, he's certainly not going to try and win over the public.
Speaker 1: What I think you want to do is to make sure that they can never have a nuclear weapon, and that entails I think he's done ninety percent of that, and he might be right about Pickaxe Mountain. I don't know. I just read what the Foundation for the Defense of Democracy says, and they're worried about it. But I do think it would be useful to come up to the edge again and say, either you let us inspect or we pound the IRGC facilities. We don't want to hurt civilians to the extent possible, and we keep that blockade. People forget the blockade the blockade is going to kill him, Charles, Do you believe that the way I believe that they need money.
Speaker 5: Yeah, although there's an irony here, isn't that in that one of the biggest obstacles that President Trump faces, And this is incidentally why it's so silly to describe him as a dictator as some on the left, is that public opinion is not sold on this war and is angry with its consequence.
Speaker 3: As Trump knows.
Speaker 5: That, and that's one of the reasons that I think he's been a little bit reluctant to go all the way.
Speaker 3: The Iranians don't have that problem.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 5: You can't push a people indefinitely or they will eventually stage a revolution and it will eventually work. But the Iranians are not under the same pressure as President Trump is because they don't live in a democracy, in a republic. So yeah, but I think that the time scales here probably aren't in the President's favor. I do think the Iranians could hold out for quite a while, even if things became dire internally as a result of a blockade.
Speaker 1: If he hammers them, and I mean the BG fifty twos, the B twos, the B ones. Whatever attack comes, we have left and we allow our allies to absorb the damage. Do you think public opinion rallies to him if he hammers them because the one thing Americans take it's stale me.
Speaker 5: I actually don't. I'm not saying he shouldn't do it, but I don't. I think that the way public opinion turns around on this is that there is some sort of victory that doesn't look like withdrawal, that then allows gas prices to go down, and a plausible case that the action was worth it, combined with an improvement in the economy. I think if you can get all of those things, then it looks like a success. I'm not sure people would respond purely to another salvo on the grounds that it was the success.
Speaker 3: Now, Charles W.
Speaker 1: Cook always good to check in with you. Listen to him on the Editors the podcast from National View. Read his work in National Review. Come right back to the u Urope show. I don't think there is Stuart. This is the key. Ron Johnson is correct to be alarmed at the fire alarm fire, But I think most people go through the summer, they don't pay attention to deep blue congressional districts that you know what, are crazy and here and there aoc not very smart, sort of ignorant on major issues. She showed that when she went to the munich conference. But now they've went a half dozen in at once, and it's really Michigan that is the flare in the sky. Else I eat is a radical. I can't emphasize this enough. I think there are Democrats going to Rogers from Michigan, to his website and donating because they realize their party cannot be held captive to Sayid and Piker. So that's the real five alarm. Socialism will not work. Americans are free market people. We want to start businesses, we want to succeed. Ron Johnson's a very successful businessman. People watching your show believe in free markets and in entrepreneurship and capitalism. But the Democrats have the problem. They've got the malignancy. They've got to cut it out. So Ron john is actually worried about what I'm worried about. We need a functioning democratic party. We've got to have two major parties that are center left for the Democrats, center right for the Republican and let them argue about marginal tax rates. But not about the fundamental values of America in the West. That shouldn't be up for grabs, but it is in Michigan. Welcome back American Morning, Glory and Evening great Now with Lee. You with Duke Barney this morning. The day before Ben dominates with them was Varney. I think Stull likes to get a little politics mixed in with the markets. Ben Dominich joins me now opinion editor for The Daily Wirefox News contributor host of The Big Ben podcast. Ben, How important is the Michigan Senate race where abdu al al Sayid is running with his ticket marrit A Hassan Piker, Whether it's official or.
Speaker 6: Not, I think it's enormously important. You and I think that I have turned your hit, but you rocked at that. So I apologize if you hear a little bit of the servants in the background, because we're headed to vacation and that means that my six month old is waking up. The situation that I see in Michigan is one that really is a test for the Democratic Party. Are they going to accept this? Is this going to be the kind of thing that they just sort of say, we're going to listen to the youngs, despite all the different things that they are saying that are at odds with not to you know, the historic American experience, but frankly the historic democratic experience. I mean, you know, within our lifetimes we have had Democrats who were profound defenders of free markets and free trade and of you know, an anti communist approach to the world. Is that just all gone now? Is that just something that we're going to forget, because it sure seems I wonder if like six of this is something that's in the past.
Speaker 1: Well, the the Hassan Piker angle interests me. Ben he put him on like a spidy suit for the primary, I'll say it did. Can he take him off now? And do enough Americans know.
Speaker 7: Who he is?
Speaker 1: Because for whatever it is, twitch does not really cross the radar of people who are over forty. Does it matter that a San Piker is a bigot, a racist and anti semi and a radical.
Speaker 6: I'm not sure that it does. Cunately, I think that we're going to have to deal with the situation where you know, they the vast majority of Americans do not know who this person is or why they should be opposed to what he believes and Unfortunately, that means that you're you know, you're talking, you're explaining, and you're educating, and that means that you're losing. From my perspective, the problem that the Republicans face right now is that they do not understand how extreme these people truly are. They have you know, used all of these different radical elective candidates as you know, a joke, as something that's you know, sort of a side a sideline, something that we can you know, talk about as being you know, a court gesture or something like that, as opposed to what they really are, which is a threat to our existence and our way of life. And that's something that I think is unfortunately going to be something that Republican candidates across the country are going to have to find a way to deal with. And I don't know that they have the language for it, you I really don't. I think that they have unfortunately, uh missed, they have undervalued the degree to which the left has has completely absorbed and uh and accepted these arguments from the young people in America in a way that that is perverting them toward an anti capitalist, anti American perspective. And I don't think that we have necessarily the vocabulary to battle it.
Speaker 1: Now, Ben, you've picked up the utility of interviewing people at length. Do you think hasan Piker could survive an interview? I mean a serious interview?
Speaker 6: Have you Have you asked him to come on your show?
Speaker 1: No, I've got to worry about I mean, really well, I can't.
Speaker 6: But no, no, of course I don't. I mean I think that it's very clear that he wouldn't. And I think that, you know, whenever he goes on these rants that he does, you know, on twitch streams and like, it shows that he has just not prepared for that kind of conversation. But at the same time, you know, what can you do. He can spout all these different bullet points that speak to the priorities of young Americans in ways that, you know, make it seem like he is offering them an answer. That answer is not real, it's a lie. It's you know, divorced from the actual way that American politics and that markets work. But he is able to sell it to them, and he's going to continue to sell it to them until we have someone who is willing to stand up and actually take him on at his face. And you know, I don't know that that's the kind of thing that's going to happen. I think that what we're going to live with here for the next couple of months going into this midterm election, is a bunch of people who have lied to these youngsters about this is why the economy is not working for you. This is why you know, you can blame the capitalists, the billionaires, the Jews, you know, have your picks. That's the thing that I think they're going to continue to do.
Speaker 1: Okay, you got ten minutes to advise Mike Rogers on how to run his campaign. What's your advice.
Speaker 6: Look, I think that he can absolutely win this race, but I don't think that it's actually as close as people seem to think. I think that he needs to make the case to all of these people, and I've heard him make the case on housing, for instance. I asked him about this on Fox when I had the opportunity to interview him. He needs to make the case that he is going to be a better representative for people who actually have, you know, serious concerns about affordability and the like, and he needs to do it right away. This cannot be an election that's about foreign policy. That's the an election that's about affordability, about inflation, and about the case table issues that matter the most to the people in Michigan.
Speaker 1: Does he talk about what else I represents in terms of Israel, in terms of rejecting the Jewish Americans who actually made up a large part of the Michigan Electric for a long time, so have Arab Americans. But I don't think Arab Americans want to be painted as radical either, No, don't.
Speaker 6: I don't think they do. And I think that, you know, he does need to talk about that, But I just think that the priority for him has to be rebutting El Sad on the basic things that he's bringing in front of people, which is to say, this is a radical who's trying to sell you on a bill of goods, and the way to battle against him is to be is to rebut him on the points that he's trying to sell to the American middle class. That's going to be I think the real test going forward for a lot of these different DSA candidates across the country.
Speaker 1: So Mike Rogers obviously had an OPO firm that was better than Haley Stevens because they adopted a little bit of tape today on l SI Eed arriving at Mackinac Island for their annual Summer Policy fast cut number nine. Please watch it up. You know, I go so much. It's funny because like, if we win, this is going to be the like summer home, I'm just gonna be like every time I've ever come here, I've hated it. Why am I here? I hate this so much. I feel like if I have to come here every summer, I'll hate it.
Speaker 6: What do you think, Ben, Well, I've been there and I think it's wonderful. Yeah, I don't know what he's talking about. I mean, it's just it's such a random thing to hate, but it is I think accustoment to how much he is at odds with the experience of, you know, a traditional voter within a miskin, and that's something that I think needs to be played up. Look, you know how dangerous it is if you have an actual senator who is able to have the access that the senator has to do the things the senator can do, who has the kind of warped anti American beliefs that El Sayed represents, It's going to be a problem.
Speaker 1: In fact, during the breakoum. We talked with Ben about what one senator can do, because one senator can come up the Senate badly, and so don't go anywhere. When he comes back. Ben's weekly music test is also in front of him, and I know he's in fear of it because last week he swung in miss he did the old oh, I know that, I know that, I know that, and he shuffled that he wasn't right. But we'll try when we come back to see if Ben can get one for two going into week three, don't go anywhere, America. I'm Hugh hewittt It's the U Hewitt Show, Stay two, So I'm back with Ben Dovid. It's Ben. Let's talk about what one senator can do. They can put a hold on every nominee. I doubt you would put a hold on every jew Is nominated for something, but I wouldn't be surprised if he put a hold on a lot of them.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think, I mean, that's that's obviously the kind of thing that you could do. But I also think that, you know, one of the things that we have to understand about this is he is in a position right now that is a real test case for the future of the Democratic Party. If they want to have a party that is going to be you know, completely beholden to these young socialist anti Israel figures, then they will accept it. And here's the thing, you I think it's very sad, but the truth is that they are going to accept it. You know, you already see the endorsements rolling in, not just from Haley Stevens, of course, but from Mark Kelly from you know, I think you're going to see the kind of so called moderates within the Democratic Party completely you know, come up without any kind of of courage when it comes to his participation in their coalition, and they're going to completely accept it as being something that is just this is the future. We have to go along with it. Unfortunately. You know, that's something that I think is an admission on the part of Democrats of their unwillingness to battle against any of this kind of anti Semitism within their coalition. But it's also an admission that this really is something that is truly representative of their young people.
Speaker 1: Will rama Manuel endorse him.
Speaker 6: Probably, I mean, isn't that kind of the I mean, you know, I assume you've seen the footage from that Twitch influencer fool party that he had right before the end of his campaign, where he was just talking about the fact that like he's the future and that you know, James Carville and other people like that just go ahead and leave, you know. And I think that's true. I think this Democratic Party is not willing to deal with the actual animosity and evil within their midst and that includes by the way they ask a Rod you know, someone who you know I have in the past. You know, I've gone, I've been part of his Chicago you know, experience everything like that.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 6: I can't believe that this is something that he wants within his party, but apparently he does. And it takes people like Van Jones to call him out, you know, in a way that I think is confrontational but needs to be done, to say no, we are not going to allow this kind of evil.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine making Hassan Piker a king maker in your party?
Speaker 6: That's insane, you I mean, it's it's absolutely insane. It's it's utter. I mean, the absolute horrible nature of it is something that I think people don't fully understand because they maybe haven't paid attention to him as much as you and I have because we're a little too online. But the truth is that he is. He's absolutely abhorrent and the idea that you would allow someone like that to have any kind of dictate over the direction of your party is absolutely evil, and he will have it.
Speaker 1: We're coming right back with Ben's music test. Don't go anywhere America.
Speaker 4: They haven't.
Speaker 1: No long be welcome back, Ben. Do you know this is Ben Domina?
Speaker 6: Oh man, this is Leanne Rhyme's a jacent. I don't know what this is.
Speaker 1: Something.
Speaker 6: I had to correct you though, because I got it right the other day. The country singer that you had the other day, I add, oh, I.
Speaker 1: Guess you did, so now you're now you're one to Tedsky you want one? And I told I told Dwayne it wasn't fair because it was one of dwayne fetish bands, and I don't think it's really legit in mainstream. He went to Red Rock to hear them, but he and he compared him to the immortal Bonnie Race.
Speaker 6: Oh, this is this is completely unfair.
Speaker 1: That's yeah fair, So I'm sorry. Next week we'll give you the Beatles or something. All right, Two more.
Speaker 6: Subjects, No No, I just want to say I am incredibly jealous of Dwayne. He he had a phenomenal experience and uh uh you know and and by the way, you know I anyway, Red Rocks is a is a destination for me. I've never been there. I would love to go there. And uh and kudos to him for.
Speaker 1: He'd been bragging about it all week. Now have you been following burrito gate?
Speaker 6: Not only have I been following it, I have published an article by chef Andrew Rule at the at the Daily Wire about why you should make your burritos at home. I am I'm totally engaged with it. In fact, I even I don't normally order burrito's, but I ordered a burrito this week from one of my favorite restaurants. It was sixteen dollars.
Speaker 1: By the way, I bring it up because yesterday I had the vice president on and at the end I pointed out, he's now the number one I liked that Catholic in America, and I thought he hit below the burrito belt with Mark Tison, what'd you think?
Speaker 6: I was on with Mark that evening on Larry Tudlow, and I said that I thought it was very restrained from him. To not make a burrito reference that I think that was below the belt. But I also think that's an indictment of the vice president. I think the vice president needs to be less online than he is, and that is something that I think has been a repeated problem for him in this vice presidency. As much as I respect the fact that he's an extremely intelligent and accomplished individual, like why are you doing something like that, it like try to win over the people who disagree with you, don't just like say, oh, you're fat.
Speaker 1: Well his response was that Mark had been harsh on him, and I thought, well, ss Ben Domine says, a bunch of people have been harsh on you. I'm trying to protect him from the Tucker Carlson smear that he's Tucker Carlson because he had a couple of drinks with him once. But it's a I just wish he was online. No, no, no, you are.
Speaker 6: You bring up a very valid point, which is to say, are you going to be one of these podcast pros or are you going to be, you know, the next potential president of the United States. These are the two paths for you, dude, And I think that that's something that is significant, and you know, I hope he listens to you.
Speaker 1: All right, now, I want to finish with Iran. I just went over the Wall Street Journal landing page twenty two stories that are either news stories or essay headlines. Not once does the word Iran appear. I find that troubling. In fact, I find it amazing. How do you react to that?
Speaker 6: I think that's a real problem. I mean, I think that we need to be talking about this more directly because I actually think it's the most important and significant political story of this cycle, of course talked about before. You know, this is the test by which Republicans will be judged in November. And I think that it's you know, heinous that we have had a conversation that has shifted, unfortunately, away from determining what we ought to be doing there. You know, Look, whatever you think about the situation, whatever you think about the decision the President made, there needs to be a resolution here and that resolution needs to be victory.
Speaker 1: So I think there are three cut paths. One, hit them hard and ongoing until they capitulate. Two, make a public announcement that we're not going to bomb, but we are going to blockade until they capitulate, or three declare victory and go home. Which do you think he should do? Which do you think he will do? We're not doing any of them right now.
Speaker 6: I think that one should be what he ought to do. I think two is going to likely be what he does do. I don't think that he's got to do free. That would be just so uncharacteristic. But it's possible. I mean, there are people who are lobbying for that within his coalition, within the White House, I think, and that's a real problem. And look, you know, the the truth is, once you go in for something like this, you have to meet the determination that you know the outcome and and what you understand is being the goal needs to be reached no matter what, like if you if you don't reach that goal, then you have failed. And that's something that I think the President unfortunately, you know, maybe he was given bad advice. Maybe there were people around him who said it would be easier. You know, we can, you know, do the diagnosis on that, you know, potentially after all of this, but it is not a situation that I think he anticipated. I thought that he I think that he thought it would be easier than it has turned out to be.
Speaker 1: But what Admiral Montgomery has told me is whatever is our deficiency and defensive munitions, we got more than enough jay dams, and we can The best defense is a good offense. We can be flying five hundred missions a night with the Israelis and our golf allies, hitting everything that moves with a jay damn precision munition and make them. I really believe we can do that if we're willing to do it. Do you.
Speaker 6: I think so. But I think that willingness is really the question here. You know, there has been so much uncertainty about the way that this administration has approached this whole process. I'm really concerned going forward about what it's going to lead to in terms of the next couple of years of this administration. I mean, this has been a phenomenal administration when it comes to foreign policy from my perspective, But you know, is this going to be something that makes him temper things off? Maybe not? You know, have the kind to give a foreign policy going forward that we would like to see in terms of you know, not just uh, you know, the Middle East, but of course you know, our own home and the Western hemisphere.
Speaker 1: Ben Dominich is always good to talk to you. Follow my exit Big Dominance, listen to Big Ben Pod, read the Daily Wire, and have a great vacation Ben, especially since you got a baby. That sometimes is not really possible, but do your best.
Speaker 6: Thank you, Ben, Thank you, Thank you.
Speaker 1: Come right back America. Mike Collins at Georgia. Our next senator from Georgia is next on the Good hew It Show. My friends, you've probably seen the headlines are worse. Your latest bill, meg Wireless is raising rates again. That means you could be paying more for the same service or getting pushed into a price there plan you simply do not need. That's not right. You can switch to Consumer sidor right now and save an additional fifty dollars When you go to Consumer sailor dot com slash u and use the promo code Hugh fifty And if you happen to be over the the age of fifty, listen to this. You can get a single line with unlimited talk, text and data for just thirty five dollars a month. Remember their numbers eight hundred and four to one, one forty four to fifty four, eight hundred four to one, one forty four to fifty four, eight hundred four to one one forty four to fifty four. Consumer Cellular ranks number one for network coverage and for customer satisfaction according to ACSI. And when you switch, you'll talk to an actual human being base right here in the United States. No long term contracts, no inden fees. You can keep your phone or choose a new one. Get an additional fifty dollars off when you switch today using promo code Hugh fifty, and do not forget. If you are over fifty, you get a single line, unlimited talk, text and data for thirty five dollars a month. Visit Consumer Cellular dot com slash Hugh and use promo code Hugh fifty or call one eight hundred four one forty four to fifty four and use promo code Hugh fifty.
Speaker 8: Half a century later, Watergate still shapes how they're cans viewpower, scandal and trust this weekend, The America two fifty film series presents Watergates Secrets and Betrayals revisit the investigation through archival footage, interviews, and new arguments about what happened. Launched Saturday and Sunday at seven pm Eastern on Salem News Channel.
Speaker 1: Welcome back to America, as promised the first appearance of Georgia Congressman Mike Collins, who will be the next Senator from the state of Georgia. Congressman, welcome, We've got six minutes. I want to jam a lot of information to this. You got a big uphill race against John as Off, A lefty's lefty. What's your website? Where can people go or listening in Atlanta or making to help you out?
Speaker 9: No, and I appreciate it because I'm going to tell you something.
Speaker 7: This thing is turning into be such a much bigger and important race the minute and minute this thing goes on.
Speaker 9: But you can find us at Mike COLLINSGA dot com.
Speaker 7: Please go there, help us out, make sure that we get rid of this DSA guy that we've got in the US Senate.
Speaker 1: Right now, Mike COLLINSGA dot com. Now, Congressman, tell people a little bit about yourself, your businessman. I think you've started and sold three businesses. You've been in Congress for a long time, your mainstream you're the perfect guy to take on the radical John Ossife. How's it going.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know, as a matter of fact, I've only been in Congress for one full term, So this is my second term that I will complete in the House before moving over in the Senate. Y'all, I've been in the trucking business all my life, thirty plus years. My wife and I started with one truck and built it up, and now the next generation is running that thing. And honestly, it's that just being in that tough business environment that's allowed me to be so successful in just the short time I've been in Congress. But having said that, this race right here, number one race in the country to flip osof is beatable. We have been right on his heels in the polling since we've been.
Speaker 2: In this thing.
Speaker 7: But I tell you, as of Tuesday night, when he got behind that l sied the DSA candidate out of Michigan that won the Democrat primary up there, I think that tells all of America exactly where John Ossof stands. Not only as they been saying they're grooming him to be the next president. To run for president, John Ossof is the same guy, y'all that voted ninety two percent of the time with Bernie Sanders. He is the poster child for this Democrat socialist of America movement, and you don't have to take my word for it. All you got to do is go and look at his voting record, and in this race you will, Sir.
Speaker 1: I just am amazed he endures Hassan Piker's look alike l Siad. Those two guys are the most radical guy. I thought Ozaf might want to give him a little bit of distance, but he put his arm around them because that really is the American political chart.
Speaker 9: Well it is.
Speaker 7: And you think Hassan Piker is friends with John Aysoft, John ASoft wouldn't have gotten, wouldn't have pulled his support for Platiner if Plattner up.
Speaker 9: There in Maine wasn't losing, him was going to lose, and he saw that.
Speaker 7: So John Asof has been right there in the thick of this the whole time. The thing is, he's like a trojan horse. He has gone around Georgia talking about how moderate he is, but nobody's put a glove on him. Nobody has said, hey, don't just take his word for who he is, and don't take my word for who he is. Go look at his voting record. His voting record should speak volumes as to how this guy does not represent Georgia, does not represent the people or our values. Anybody in this state will tell you they don't want men in girls' sports. John Asof not only voted once for it, he voted three times for it. And that's just one out of a multitude of different votes this guy has taken because he is so far over there on that left wing.
Speaker 9: And one of the main reasons is that's who's funding his race.
Speaker 7: I mean, when you're talking about johnas Off, who only gets eighteen percent of his money from the state of Georgia and from people in this state. The rest of us coming from all these other states like California and New York.
Speaker 1: So they mccollins, he is a invisible senator until now. He's the accidental senator because of the circumstances of six years ago. He's an invisible senator since then. He's a leftist. Your mainstream, is your money coming in to take him? Mind? Because he is going to raise a bundle.
Speaker 7: And that is a great question, Yes, sir, our money is coming in. We're seeing good fundraising dollars had a great fundraising event just a week ago to day.
Speaker 9: As a matter of fact, here in Atlanta, National money is coming in. It is already here.
Speaker 7: We're also got a sixty million dollars to be coming in in September to support this campaign and to continue need to make sure that we get that message out. We've still got to raise hard dollars though. I mean, that's just as important as anything, and so it's important people people go look at our website, check me out at Mike COLLINSGA dot com.
Speaker 1: You'll you can learn exactly who I am.
Speaker 9: You can look at my voting record.
Speaker 7: You can see that I have pushed just good, solid legislation, two pieces of legislation being signed into law in just two years by two different presidents. And you know, oh by the way, Hewett, they they they were bipartisan pieces of legislation. So again it's got twenty thousand illegal criminals off our streets in just one year.
Speaker 1: So to be low, it's a great campaign. Uh, get yourself a cot prepared to move in here. We'll get you on once a week between now and November. Mike Collins Georgia, Mike COLLINSGA dot com, Mike COLLINSGA dot com. Get involved. It's a winnable race. We can toss us off out he put his arms around LSA eight. That tells you all you need to know. He Andssan Piker and John ass Off all birds of a feather, and boy, they need to leave those feathers out of the Senate. Mike, good to meet John Lone. I'll fack you soon, Mike Collins g A dot com. Stay tuned American