Speaker 1: Hey, everyone, welcome back to doing all those old podcasts. And let me begin by saying, Happy Mother's Day. It's all you moms out there. We were recording this on Sunday. I know you're getting it at least on Wednesday at the earliest, but Happy Mother's Day. It's all you wonderful moms out there. How has your Mother's Day been, mama? As we were joined by Melissa and Novelo this weeks behind that.
Speaker 2: But who made me a mother?
Speaker 1: Yeah? How was your Mother's Day? Morning?
Speaker 2: Mama? It was good. It was very enjoyable. The family got me flowers. They made me the sweetest video. I wanted to share it, and then it was like, I made it for you. I'll probably still share it because it was so good.
Speaker 1: Where are you going to share it?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I think maybe over on Good Simple Living.
Speaker 1: I feel bad because I told the kids, like, no, it's just for mom, So no, I feel bad.
Speaker 2: If I want to it's so.
Speaker 1: Good, you can discuss it with them.
Speaker 2: Okay, if the kids are cool with it, I'll share it.
Speaker 1: We snuck in. I snuck every child here into the podcast through yesterday, one by one.
Speaker 2: You're sneaky and.
Speaker 1: They all gave like this, like really cool testimonial expressing their love and gratitude and appreciation for Melissa. Eli even got emotional. I told you he was denying it, but he got emotional. I came back in here after he was done talking, and he was all, well done.
Speaker 2: Eli is He's a man of few words, So that's really I.
Speaker 1: Thought he did a really good job though. He was an extra articulate and I thought he was very transparent about the way he he you know, feels smarty.
Speaker 2: Really thankful for the food and thank you for feeding out dinners. Yeah, he's so cute.
Speaker 1: But we have a Nevella in here this week. It's been a while since we've had Neva in here.
Speaker 3: Has been actually, don't remember the last time.
Speaker 1: What's new in your life, Nevllah.
Speaker 3: Lots of work. We've been working on a new project Mom and I. So that's been that's been a new venture. It's taken up a bit of time. Yeah, So it's fun, pretty pretty fun. Got some new opportunities coming up soon because of it.
Speaker 1: So we're going to be making that formal announcement here today, correct, But before we get into that, let's just preview the rest of the episode because our family kind of got rocked by something that was completely unforeseen this week, involving something that we have discussed with you guys on here previously, with an old pediatrician that we had back over in Washington State. We'll dive into that. It is somewhat dark, so I feel like it's kind of a weird transition to be making, but worth bringing up and just you know, it's something that I think is going to be valuable hopefully to a lot of you out there, because the patient doctor trust and that relationship is something that unfortunately was exploited in this case and it's ballooned into this massive controversy. So we'll dive into that. But before we get there, what are we announcing here, ladies?
Speaker 2: Okay, So Navan and I are partnering. Last year I wrote Made to Be Ludo Shameless Fun. You guys were so great in supporting that. We raised eighty thousand dollars for pediatric cancer, and then we wanted to do another book, and so I decided that I wanted to write it with the person who made a Mother, which is Nevella, and I think that it's been a really fun project so far. The title of our book is called Tiny Human, Tiny Human. Do you want to talk a little bit about what tiny Human is about? Sure?
Speaker 3: So. Tiny Human is the story of basically a baby's journey through development, starting in the womb. He is speaking throughout the book with the gentle voice who is God, his creator. It goes from the flash of light, the zinc flash that starts at the moment of conception, to the baby being born and throughout the whole thing. It shows all the stages of development. It shows kids, you know, what's happening in utero, how these babies are developing, and it talks about how you know, no matter how little tiny human is, he has a special purpose.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we were really careful to not make the book scientific or medical. We want it to be a sweet story book. So it's a really sweet story about this tiny human as he conversates with his creator and he's got this huge personnel and he's really excited about every stage. So it's not like at nine weeks so this is it's not like that. It's clinical. It's a sweet little story and it is just about the humanity of the preborn. I think that the illustrations are coming together really nicely. We are going I think nineteen twenties vintage, so it's got that vintage very like Water Babies. Yes, old, it's an old Disney cartoon.
Speaker 1: Okay, back it up.
Speaker 2: It's adorable. It's really cute. So if you were around in the eighties and having babies those old vintage baby shower cards, it's that kind of feel. So I love bringing back the old because our kids just kind of gravitate towards all that old stuff. They really, you know, like the cuby doll meets Precious Moments. It's going to be so cute. And our prayer for the book is that it touches the hearts of little kids that are reading it, so that they can read Tiny Human when they're a little child, and then when they're older, maybe a decade or two decades later, if they ever find themselves in a situation with maybe an unplanned pregnancy, they will remember Tiny Human and the humanity that is inside the womb. Because we're trying to combat with the book the lie in the narrative that it's not a life, and so that's our hope for the book. It's just a clump of cells, right, and so Tiny human is far from it, and so that is our hope for the book, and then we're making it a charity project, just like we did with Made to Be Ludo. So we are going to be giving a large portion of the royalties to women's clinics that are going to be supporting women for the first two years after they give birth and before they give birth as well. And that goes for pregnancy testing, ultrasounds, medical care, education, baby clothing, diapers, formula, anything that they need, even childcare costs. So the plan is to make motherhood possible for these women.
Speaker 3: Yes, I think that's an important thing that we need to focus on in the pro life movement, protecting babies, saving babies, but also supporting the mothers who may have been abortion minded and don't feel like they have that support or the means to make motherhood possible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's super important.
Speaker 1: You sort of accidentally let this slip recently. You want to talk about your experience down at the University of Idaho.
Speaker 2: It wasn't accidental. Yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Was trying to get us on a podcast the way.
Speaker 2: I did talk to the producer the next day, and so we have to explain.
Speaker 1: So you went down to the University of Idaho for.
Speaker 3: A It was a TPUs TPUSA campus event in collapse with Daily Wire. So it was Matt Walsh and Michael Knowles. You guys had Matt on your podcast, but we've never never spoken to Michael, and I really want to be on a show and when we do a book tour that is still we're still in the process of coming up with our dates and everything. We're going to be going on some podcasts.
Speaker 1: And so I know, Michael to some of you out there, actually saw Navah. She went like live up to the micro of an auditorium of how many people It.
Speaker 2: Was like two thousand people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nervous. I couldn't do that.
Speaker 2: Terrified. You could hear it a little bit in your voice. Terrified.
Speaker 1: So you went up there. You you basically dropped that that, yeah, Matt had been here on the podcast or unto the show, and that you were writing a book with Mom.
Speaker 3: It broke down, uh what the book was about, and that we were planning on being in the Daily Wire studio later and I was like, hey, Matt, we love Michael.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we would have to be on your show. Yeah, And it was like I said yes, he said that he would bring cigars, so apparently in the van, I need to smoke cigars.
Speaker 1: I'm on board, So we'll see if that.
Speaker 2: We'll see if that materializes. But it was pretty cool shameless plug. So we're really excited about the book. I think it's gonna be really sweet. It's it's got potential to do some pretty incredible things. And we are opening pre orders today, so the book officially launches October. Yeah, so the book officially launches October tenth, and so they won't ship until October. But preorders are so helpful, just like they were with me to be Ludo, because it helps us know how many we need. And there's also going to be a corresponding plush. So a lot of you guys got the Ludo plush, but as you know, they ran out in I think October, and so anybody that was wanting to buy for Christmas, they were sold out, and I think these plush are going to sell out also very he's like a fat bottomed lamb.
Speaker 1: I like this better than the Ludo.
Speaker 2: He's stinking cute. So we're still working on getting his fabric just right. We're very very particular. He's also going to have a heartbeat in him to remind kids of the sweet there's a heartbeat the yes, it corresponds with the book and then the little lamb is in the book as well, so it all it all goes together, so it'll be a sweet little gift set. You can buy just a book, or you can buy the gift set. Also, you could donate a lamb and book combo set, just like how we donated Made to Be Luto sets to cancer warriors. These ones are going to go to a baby and a mother who chose life. So we're going to be partnering with a company called Save the Storks. They have one hundred and twenty mobile units and they go around and they do free pregnancy testing and free altsounds for women who can't afford it or are maybe abortion minded, and they will literally go and park outside of some of these clinics and try to get women come over here and let us just do a free altarsound. And history has proven with the one hundred and twenty units that when they do an ultrasound and a mother hears their baby's heartbeat and sees what's on the screen and sees what their baby actually looks like. Seven out of ten times they will choose life, even though they were walking into the clinic to end the life of the child. And then when they do that ultrasound, they're going to give the children or the gift the mothers for their baby the Levey. So the Levey and the book if you buy a donation set, will be literally the first gift that this baby is going to ever receive, and it's going to be the first thing that this mother is given. And just there's something physical about having a stuffed animal and a little book for that baby that will help encourage these mothers that this baby is coming, he or she is very real and loved and help them to embrace the new life that's inside of them.
Speaker 1: That's so cool. I think it's a great cause. Very proud of you both for taking this on and doing it. Melissa has been or both of you really behind the scenes. This has been, once again just weekly meetings. I'm going back and forth with different illustrators and the crazy no. But it's very involved, the whole process of writing a book, and we learned this last summer you did with the writing of Made Me Ludo. It's it's very, very involved and so credits to you both for taking this on and incorporating it into such a worthy cause. I think it's awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, super exciting. It's super exciting.
Speaker 1: I thought about the backstory of like how you got here with this real quick, because that was really interesting.
Speaker 2: You want to talk about your dream? Yeah, So when I I had baby Micah, I think he was I was writing Made to be Ludo. I know he'll always be baby Micah. When I was writing Made to Be Ludo, I was pregnant, and then when he was born, like we really got things rolling, and I signed on with Brave Books, and I think we were about a week and too writing Made to Be Ludo, and I was sleeping and right next to my baby, and I had this vivid dream, like the most vivid dream I've ever had, about writing a book called Tiny Human and like that was the title of the book, and it was this cute little baby and it was all about just the humanity of the child in the womb, and everything was basically given to me. And this dream down to what is said on the last page. The last page was really vivid, exactly what it needed to say, title everything for it. So I called Brave that morning, and I said, I got to talk to you. I got to write this book. I had this dream and I'm not somebody that's like, oh God speaks to me in dreams and everything, but this was so vivid. Woke up and I'm like, I have to write this. I called my mom. I told you about it, like I have to write tiny Human. And they tried to talk me to different titles and I'm like, no, tiny Human.
Speaker 1: This has been sticking to her guns on this one.
Speaker 2: It has to be this, and I know, like the ending. We kind of went back and forth with different people. I'm like, well, well, maybe we could change this word. I'm like, no, this is how this book has to be, and so Brave said, yeah, let's do it. Let's I mean, first he was like, can we get the first book out? And I need you at the start of Made to Be Ludo. Yeah, So I've been sitting on this project for a year now, and as soon as Made to Be Ludo was out, I'm like, Tiny Human, let's go. And so we just got right to work on it. And then I wanted to write it with Nevella because I mean, she's, like, I said, the one who made me a mother, And when Jeremy and I were dating and we hadn't been dating that long, we ended up pregnant with Navella. We've talked about this before and although that is not the easiest road to take, and there was so much fear and anxiety and unknowns around that because it wasn't the best time for us. Really are you talking about We had only been dating a little while, we had recently moved in together, I know, And then I was just I was so in some wild at oats at the time, like I was out of college, and.
Speaker 1: We were just, Okay, you're not setting a great example for your nearly twenty year old daughter.
Speaker 2: I know, I know, do as I say, not as I do. No, we've talked about all this as a family, about how that's not the ideal way to start out in life. And so anyway it worked out. She's sitting here, Yeah, Yeah, So we ended up pregnant, and I remember thinking like, there's no way I could be pregnant because I've never been pregnant before, Like that's never happened before, Like there's no way. There's such a disconnect when you get pregnant for the first time, when you first get that, like.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Now when I say that I'm pregnant, you're like babies coming. But the first time, there's like this huge disconnected like there's no way.
Speaker 1: This is for men in this situation too, though. Yeah, it just is you're more you know, you're you're carrying the child. So it's there's a disconnect from man up until the point of like really showing I.
Speaker 2: Think, right, But it's especially the first.
Speaker 1: Time, especially the first time. Yeah, especially, I mean this sounds bad, like you're kind of in denial. Yeah, if I'm being honest at these I was my experience.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it was scary and we I had a lot of debt. I had a lot of student loan debt. I was one month into my first teaching job. And I mean I didn't even want to tell you because I didn't think you would be like happy about it. I did not want to tell my parents. Came from a very conservative Christian family. Did not want to tell my grandparents. That was even worse. You didn't want to tell.
Speaker 1: Your dad, Like there was terrified.
Speaker 2: It was very scary and I was never abortion minded, but I understood in that time how you could be so scared and so nervous, and so in denial.
Speaker 1: All the pressures are overwhelming, and you just wanted.
Speaker 2: To go away, right, I just wanted to go away. So I'm very glad that we didn't make it go away. But I understand now that I've had an unplanned pregnancy at a very inopportune time, how fear and anxiety can overwhelm you and then you walk into that clinic or you order those pills and you just make it go away. And so I think that that was a really powerful thing that both of us, you know, you and I went through, because now it's not like, oh, we got married and we had this perfect little house and the white pick of fence and then we decided to start trying, and then that wasn't our story. And I think there's power in that when we want to reach the hearts and the minds of young women, because it's like, hey, I've been there, and flash forward twenty years, like this is how this story can turn out.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It's a challenge to convey that to a young woman, though, I think because we're you know, we're older, and she's here and we're like, yeah, everything worked out great, and you know, it's just it's hard to really pound home like, hey, we've been in your shoes. We understand, and you know, we understand not the temptation, but we understand. Word is that your mind goes when you're in that state of panic. Quite honestly, Yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Just think it's really hard when you have somebody that did everything perfectly and they've been married and they have like this supportive husband that's really excited about welcoming a baby, and then there's telling you like you have to be pro life. They're like, you don't know anything about my situation. You don't You've never been where I've been. You don't feel this fear. Yeah. So I feel like it equipped us for this project, and I think it's really equipped a VA for the project as well, because this is something you're super passionate about and you were that child who's very ill prepared, young dumb parents chose life on when the.
Speaker 1: Van came back from the turning point. Thing I was that you made me sound horrible.
Speaker 2: No, No, you are a very supportive partner, but like you were really scared too, and this was yeah, but I mean, you know you thial.
Speaker 1: You never came up at the time, though it was never serious consideration for all us fortunately. Yeah, but yeah, I think it's it's a great message to put out there, float out there for young women to hope the book takes off and thrives. You guys have a true genuine passion for this issue, and I think it's fantastic that you're putting it in the form of a book that's that's very accessible and easy to digest. And it's not necessarily specifically about abortion.
Speaker 2: It's not about abortion, not at all. It's yeah, it doesn't mention abortion. Tiny Human wasn't destined for abortion. It's nothing like that.
Speaker 1: It's adorable, is adorable with with the renderings and all the illustrations that I've seen thus far. So credit to you guys for pouring your all. It's very proud of you both.
Speaker 2: So we're going to have we'll have a link down below if you guys want to pre order. It does us a huge favor if you think you're going to want this book, or you want to donate a book, if even if you don't have a child or grandchild, then and it makes a really great big brother, big sister book also because it just helps little kids see like what's going on with our new brother and sister, and so I think it's going to be really great. We're gonna have a link down below to pre order, or you can just go to any human book at dot com and put in your pre orders now. And that just helps us a lot to know how many plushes we need, because you do not want us to sell out of the big bottom lamb before you can get your hand on one. Trust me, you want one. He's got eyelids, he's very few. He's sold out a lot.
Speaker 1: They did, they did. He looks I like him better than the movie, like I said, horrible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're excited, all right. So that was all of our good news and our exciting news. Now we have to get into a much harder topic something. If you do have little ones watching, I would recommend maybe.
Speaker 1: Hitt and pause, hitt and pause, or removing them from the room.
Speaker 2: Yeah. This is kind of a more of an adult subject this spring.
Speaker 1: If you're ready to finally see real results healthier gut, glowing skin, stronger hair, and steady energy, you need to add Colossum to your daily routine. It all starts with the gut, and once your gut is right, everything else follows.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Today's sponsor, Cowboy Colossrum offers the highest quality bovine that's cow colossrum available in the US. Cowboy Colossrum is one hundred percent made in America from one hundred percent American grass fed cawsts.
Speaker 1: Like other colossrum brands, Cowboy Colossum is true first day whole colosserum, rich in bioactives like immunoglobulins and growth factors, and don't worry, Cowboy Colossum only collects the surplus colossrum after baby caps have had their fill.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Cowboy Colossrum isn't processed or stripped down, making it the highest quality bovine colostrum that you can buy.
Speaker 1: Colossman improves gut health, which improves literally everything else immunity, hair growth, skin clarity, stronger nails, steady energy, and reduced bloating.
Speaker 2: Cowboy is also very easy to drink and it is made with delicious natural ingredients and no artificial flavors. They use real freeze dried strawberries, not artificial flavoring. You just simply add a scoop of their chocolate. Their Madagascar vanilla, which is my absolute favorite. I put it in my coffee every day. They also have a macha and a strawberry which is really good milk.
Speaker 1: Not only will Cowboy Colossrum bring stability to your gut, the peptides and growth factors will make your skin and your hair look absolutely amazing. People are seeing visible changes glor your skin, less bloating, real hair regrowth, and consistent energy without the crash.
Speaker 2: Also, for a limited time, our listeners are going to get up to twenty five percent off their entire order. Just head over to Cowboy Clossroom dot com, slash NWOS and use our code NWOS at checkout. That is twenty five percent off when you use our code NWOS. You guys are asking me all the time who I'm using for skincare and makeup now that I am so focused on cleaning up my lifestyle and living a chemical free life, and for all of it, I am using tubes and co Last fall, when I got my Hashimoto diagnosis, I really started paying attention to ingredients and fragrances, and I realized that so many of the products that I thought were clean really weren't that clean. And I have been unknowingly slathering hundreds of harmful chemicals right onto my skin, which is going directly into my bloodstream. So I decided to try a few products from Tubes, which was their primer and their foundation and their lipstick, and I love them so much that I then ordered the mascara and the eyeshadow and the bronzer and the blush, and then I loved all of that so much that I had decided to replace all of my makeup and all of my face and body care items with the lovely Tubs and Co. So for my face and eyes of the Frankanston's face Bomb. It is a natural alternative to retinal and it's really nice. I like to use that around my eyes and my mouth and on my neck. And the whole family also likes the body bomb. Micah has the baby Bomb, which is also really nice. And our new favorite body oil is the Vanilla Almond. It smells absolutely incredible. They also have a really nice face oil, Navea and I are both obsessed with that. So if you want to clean up your makeup and your skincare routine without giving up quality, definitely go check out Tubs and Co. In fact, you are going to get twenty five percent off your first order, so stock up on that incredible discount. All you have to do is go to toopsinco dot com slash old soul and use our code old Soul for twenty five percent off your first order.
Speaker 1: So you referenced previously on a past episode about this running that you had with a certain pediatrician back in Washington State and the interaction made you extremely uncomfortable. I don't know if any of you out there recall that you want to jump into what it is that we've learned here in recent weeks regarding this guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so Navana is this guy. Unfortunately also so I I was scrolling the internet and I saw an article pop up from our old stomping ground over in Vancouver, Washington, and it said pediatrician found dead a parent side after basically allegations of him being a I don't even want to use some of these words.
Speaker 1: So he's a pediatrician took his own life, and all this came about because an investigation was initiated looking into his past conduct where he was really exploiting the trust of parents and children for the sake of satisfying his own sexual desires. That's pretty that's as safe and plain as I can.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So as soon as I saw the headline, I knew it was him because I had to file the complaint, multiple complaints against him, and got online and filed you know, like one star review and was trying to warn people about this guy, and I was soon were upset about it back in twenty nineteen when we saw him and I knew it was him as soon as I saw the headline and I clicked on it, and sure enough it was.
Speaker 1: Can you get a little background insight in the safest way possible that this is going online?
Speaker 2: Well, so you can read about the case. And I think a lot more is going to be discovered, because just yesterday or the day before, a third person was just arrested in connection. So I think this goes way deeper than any of us know yet, and more is going to be coming to light.
Speaker 1: It's into this giant mess of the thing that's like a Dayline NBC episode.
Speaker 2: Yes. Wait, so essentially there was an IP address that was pinged by whoever was whoever does these child crimes and they found all of this what is it called? What's ABBREVIATIONCP. I don't want to I'm trying to be careful with terms so that we don't get this whole episode blocked. But there was an IP address that was connected to CP and they found out that person was an administrator on the dark Web for distributing this stuff, and then they arrest him and through discovery they discovered that he is connected to this pediatrician whose name is Michael Wilmington. And Michael Wilmington and him met at Naked Bowling, So apparently they are all part of this newdest community. And Vancouver or surrounding areas have been hosting different naked events, like in Portland they do the naked bike ride, absolutely ridiculous, it's completely perverted. They do where they ride the bus naked. They all ride community transits.
Speaker 1: It's a wonder that we moved to Idaho.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I mean it's absolutely disgusting because like the kind of people that participate in this stuff like should not be sitting naked on anything.
Speaker 1: They advertise these things as and we've touched upon this before too. We've talked about this too. It's like a family event.
Speaker 2: They encourage families to go and they make kids free, so the bowling is a family friendly, it says, And so they're trying to encourage people to bring their children to naked bowling with all of these clearer I mean, these are predators, clearly. And then there was also naked Family swim where you could go swimming and the kids are free, and I mean, it's just so sick. So anyway, this pediatrician was part of this community. I had no idea that he was part of the community, but through reading the comments on the articles his other patients did, they said that he was very open about being a nudist and they were like, we thought it was a little weird, but we don't judge people what they do outside of work, and.
Speaker 1: It all makes sense. And you had to run with his pediatrician, and without getting too dark on the details, what was your impression of the interaction that you had with him, because he was asking you some pretty uncomfortable questions.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so mom brought us all to an appointment that was for Kimani because Kimanie was having some bloody noses. So she took him and he just insisted on trying to have an appointment with all of the children that were brought into the room, and I remember a whole kind of altercation, verbal altercation, about giving me a vaccine that's for gardasil.
Speaker 2: The gards vaccine is for HPV.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I was like eleven or twelve years old, so clearly didn't need that. And I remember remarks being made about how no, she needs it, she needs it, and she's gonna get stuff.
Speaker 2: And your naive she needs it.
Speaker 3: And then when he was trying to get me alone in the room so he could speak to me and perform a physical, and was trying to aggressively pressure mom and my siblings into leaving the room so the male doctor could perform a physical when I was not the patient that he was there.
Speaker 1: To see a physical.
Speaker 2: Yeah, physical, And also he said he wanted to speak to her about things, and then he tried saying that it was Washington state law that a mother or father must leave the room for their children if like asked. She was very aggressive and I said, look, I am not leaving this room and we're not even here for her, and he was like, I need to ask her some questions. You guys haven't done a well visit in a while, You're very behind. So he basically made it like you have broken the law here by not keeping up on your well visits, and I'm going to get everyone caught up. So I'm going to see all of your children and I need to ask them all questions without you being present. And all the parents that I saw in the thread felt like, this is the law, and he said, it's Washington state law that you leave the room.
Speaker 1: And he's presenting himself as an authority figure for the sake of compelling you to listen to his commands or requests.
Speaker 2: And making you feel like you're going to be in trouble if you don't.
Speaker 1: Think I touched upon this in the past episode, But what was the threat that he made to you prior to you abruptly ending the appointment.
Speaker 2: Well, I feel like you're skipping ahead a little while.
Speaker 1: Just again, just to display his level of aggression. He asked you a number of questions that were very out of line. He asked our kids questions that were very outlined, and he said that he was going to purport you to CPS.
Speaker 2: Well, he said that he was going to know. I think he did chart it, so he was going to chart it. So he said, if you don't leave the room, like it's against the law, and I said, oh, really, that's funny. Because my husband is literally a Vancouver police officer. He's working right now, so please call that on one. He would love to get this call because I started to get very aggressive back with him because I had just had it with and I'm like call, do it. Call, and he was just like, you know what, you know what I'm going to do, because he knew that there was nothing he could do legally like this. This is not some law where you can get the parents in trouble. You do not have to leave the room. And for the love of God, do not leave the room. Do not leave the room. I don't care what doctor, dentist, psychologist, you do not leave an adult specialist in a room with your child alone.
Speaker 1: That decision because they feel like, again, this is a personal authority in there to be trusted in their positions as a pediatrician, or as a psychologist or as a take your pick.
Speaker 2: The guy gave me the hebes from like the get go. I don't know how other parents didn't see this. He was so creepy and he was so inappropriate. As soon as we literally I went there for like Kaimani was getting bloody noses and it turned out that he had like hit his nose or something and like ruptured a blood vessel, and so every time that he would slightly bump it, it would start bleeding.
Speaker 1: But you're concerned because that can be a sign or symptom of something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, something major. And so I just wanted to make sure that there was nothing going on. And he proceeded to want to want to do a full physical on Kaimani and then Eli. He didn't get to Kira yet. He started then he like shifted over his focus to Navella.
Speaker 1: Even though this had nothing to do with any of them.
Speaker 2: No, I was like, that's really odd for a bloody nose.
Speaker 1: But I.
Speaker 2: Was like, well, you know, yeah, we haven't done well visits. And at first I was being stupid and naive and passive, and then I started to catch on because then he started asking me, is there is your husband and the like do you have a husband? Is there a dad in the picture? And I thought a weird thing for a Patricia flag, total red flag, because predators try to figure out if there is a male who's.
Speaker 1: Going to give him trouble the obstacles.
Speaker 2: Yes, they want to know, and so they do look for single moms or very passive dads, and then I think as soon as he found out you were a cop, then he got very aggressive and agitated and annoyed. And so he said, if you're not going to leave the room, I'm going to chart. I'm going to mark in her chart that you refuse to protect her. And so when not if, but when she gets HPV and gets cervical cancer and is going to die, she can sue you and force you to pay for all of her medical bills. And I was just like, you know what, this appointment is over, and I scooped up my kids and we left, and then the nurse followed me out and she's like, I'm so sorry. It's not always like this, and I spun around. I stuck my finger in her face like a true Karen, and I was like, something is wrong with that guy. That guy is a pedophile. Something is wrong with him. And she was just like just stood. They're all shell shocked. And I stormed out of there. I called you in the parking lot. I worked up. I said, mark my words, that man's going to get arrested someday. He's a pervert. And I went home. I called Kaiser, which is the medical facility that he worked at. I was like, I need to talk to somebody. I explained everything that happened, things that he said to Eveya that I cannot repeat on the podcast. It was so vile and so inappropriate and unnecessary and unnecessary, completely random, zero correlation to anything.
Speaker 1: No grown man should be asking an eleven or twelve year old girl questions.
Speaker 2: It was just so random. It was so random. And he asked the boys and then they were like no, And then he asked her a question and she was like no, and he's like, because if you do, and then he started explaining so in graphic details, vulgar graphic detail, using these terms, and she was just like so uncomfortable. And I'm there as her mother and her only line yeah, and I'm like their only line of defense, and I'm watching all of my kids just kind of become so uncomfortable. And I was like, well, why, you know, like stop with these terms. Why are you saying this. He's like, we don't use nicknames here. We call things what they are. And I'm like, none of this is necessary.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we came in for a bloody nose or for another child, not this child.
Speaker 2: So I kind of pushed it out of my head. But it definitely put an icky feeling and a distrust towards just medical professionals in general. For me and for the kids. They were all very icked out by it. And then when this happened last week, when we got confirmation that the guy was truly a predator, it kind of brought all of that back because I felt guilt in that I let it get to a point that I didn't protect them right off the bat. Why didn't I see it in the first five minutes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but thank god you did what you did, because there is an alternate universe to where you don't speak up. You do. You are that passive parent. You step out of the room and God knows what happens. And this wasn't just happening in his office. This was happening right hours in his residence. It's it's crazy again. You can look it up for yourself if Yeah.
Speaker 2: You can look it up and you can read the comments and details.
Speaker 1: For us, it's it's too graphic, tavn get into here.
Speaker 2: On the podcast. But the moms were saying that he was open about being a newdist but they were trying not to judge him, and I think that's such a common thing that we're told, like, be polite, don't worry about what people doing there, not be polite. If someone is a teacher, a coach, pediatrician, a dentist, anything, a therapist. If you are around children, you're outside life. When you're not around children matters one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: I'm always weary. I think I've said this here on the podcast before too, But if you were a youth coach, a youth pastor any grown adult, especially as a man, and I hates a profile like that, but it is what it is. If you're a grown adult man, and it is you know, you make a point of trying to surround yourself with young kids. Not that I'm willing to like cast immediate judgment upon you, but I'm automatically suspicious of.
Speaker 2: You, right, and we have always felt that way when it comes to coaching.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe that's unfair. Maybe some of you will probably think that's unfair, but I don't. I don't play when it comes to my kids.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think that that's a really good place to come at it with. If there is an adult male and he's placing himself purposely in a position to be around children, you have to question it, question it. Yeah, and it doesn't mean that you're judging that person, but you should.
Speaker 1: Maybe watching like a lot more for sure.
Speaker 2: And if they are saying, hey, we're going to have a sleepover at my house, like you need to really, I would say say no, absolutely, say no, we don't do something.
Speaker 1: Yes, I would suggesting no, yeah, of course new But people.
Speaker 2: Do you know, like if there's a male coach or something like that and they're having a team, say, in this.
Speaker 1: Situation, you have you have parents that were happily bringing their children to go and be victimized.
Speaker 2: So apparently the moms, which it sounds like more single moms that he targeted, he was inviting them over to his house and saying I have a hot tub, and I do sleepovers, and I have all these toys. Well, this man only has adult children. He has two children apparently, and they are adults like twenties and thirties. He didn't have little kids. So the fact that he has toys and all this stuff and he's inviting patients to his house should have raised massive alarms and he fired for that from Kaiser. But Kaiser did nothing, And it's not that they were not aware of this. They were, They had to have been because other women reported it.
Speaker 1: But people naturally have you know, they'll they'll rationalize anything. They'll be like, oh, he's a pediatrician, is why he has toys. But for you to be inviting any of these house child patients to your residence and like asking parents, position, petitioning parents and be like, hey, I'm doing this, it'll be great. You should bring your kid by? Who does that? What parent lacks the discretion or the necessary wherewith all to be like this is odd? But sure? Yeah? Really quite a few, which is incredibly tragic, And this is why dangerousdads are so important and all of us as parents need to be so wary of, Like I said, do just people that want to put themselves in positions of authority kids.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Once they figured out that he was connected to this guy, they did a rate of his house or a search. They got a search warn't on his house, and they went into his home. And I haven't read the police report yet to see everything that they found, but I heard that it's absolutely horrific. They were then going to charge him formally, but he disappeared and they found him later deceased deceased is.
Speaker 1: All being handled by my former police department.
Speaker 2: So they found evidence in his home and they said that he was an extreme threat to children based on the evidence that they found in his home. And he was not just hosting sleepovers, but he was hosting naked sleepovers. So these children were in the nude and they were taking photos and videos of them. And again, I think a lot more is going to come out, which.
Speaker 1: Brings about a bigger question of like why are these types of events since they're not even trying to hide it, right, it's in plain sight. We're doing the event of any kind with children and is a family event, so'll bring your kid?
Speaker 2: Like what, yes, swimming bowlying?
Speaker 1: Why are these not being immediately addressed?
Speaker 2: Like who are these bowling all these that are hosting this, because now you have all this these nude perverts basically, and like there's certain groups that are attracted to these kind of sitting all over the seats and then the next day you go bowling with your family and you're eating and your kids are touching these seats and stuff, like how disgusting.
Speaker 1: This is what you get when it's all about inclusion. They go, I'm not a past judgment. No, you are to past judgment. And it's not all about inclusion. There are things that should be considered reprehensible.
Speaker 2: All right, right, Well, we're starting to see elementary teachers and things like this where it's like, oh, on the weekend, he's a dread queen, or on the weekend she hasn't only found these things matter and you should be fired for them. You used to get fired for way less things as a teacher, and now just anything goes. And these are our public school teachers. And so, I mean I was always really weird, you know. I was an elementary school teacher and we had I think one male teacher in the entire elementary school. And I was always very suspicious of them, like why do you want to be an elementary school teacher?
Speaker 1: As I'm or was your impression of them?
Speaker 2: I think it was a little odd, honestly, but I mean, I don't know, I just was. I always kept my eye on them. If I could go back and change one thing about my daily routine from a year ago, it would be this, I would start adding electrolytes to my water sooner and I would go straight to relight. It is the simplest swap that I've made and the one that I've felt the most.
Speaker 1: ReLit is made by Redman, the same company behind Redmen Real Salts. They've been in the salt business since nineteen fifty eight, mining from an ancient Jurassic era sea bed on in Utah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can even go visit the mine, which is pretty cool. So electrolytes are powered by minerals, and sodium is one of the most important ones your body uses for hydration, so it makes sense the best electrolyte drink starts with the best salt.
Speaker 1: Relight starts with the unrefined real salt, which naturally contains sodium chloride and sixty plus trace minerals. On top of that, you get potassium, magnesium, calcium, and coconut water powder. In the flavored varieties.
Speaker 2: There is also zero sugar, no artificial sweeteners, no artificial colors, no artificial flavors, and no chemical preservatives. The ingredients list is short and you can actually everything on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Add it's my water first thing in the morning, and the difference is night and day, more energy, no afternoon crash, better workouts, and I don't get that sluggish, dehydrated feeling. When we travel. It's one of those things to where once you feel the difference, you definitely don't skip it.
Speaker 2: Also, taste wise, it is the best that we have tried. Balance, not too sweet, not too salty. My personal favorite is the mango and bottom line, Relite comes from a company with a real salt mine, a real mineral heritage, and product built around clean, simple ingredients. If you are looking for one easy upgrade to how you feel every day, this is it.
Speaker 1: Just go to Redman dot com slash nwos and use code nwos to get fifteen percent off your first order. That's Redman dot com slash nwos with coded NWOS for fifteen percent off your first order. You wouldn't drive a car without insurance or leave your front door unlocked in twenty twenty six. Your digital security needs that same level of completeness. You may already have a VPN and a good antivirus software on your device, is now add that final layer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you are online at all, you are at risk because there is a gap in your armor. Regardless of your antivirus software, your personal data is still floating a around on public databases like government sites, public information sites, and even your own social media, but delete me proactively removes your actual identity, which is your name, your home address, your phone number, and even your family members from brokers selling it.
Speaker 1: We have personally trusted to lead me to help keep our personal information offline, and they also happen to be a sponsor of today's episode. Now, when we first signed up for delete me, they found hundreds of listenings with our private data. Thankfully, their privacy experts were able to have them removed on our behalf, which saved us so much time and frustration. And the cool thing about delete me is they're always continually scanning the web to make sure that our data doesn't pop up again.
Speaker 2: Now, you cannot always control whether or not you're the target of one of these data brokers, but you can definitely make it far more difficult this year by taking a proactive approach to securing your personal information like we did with the help of belave me. Just click the link down below or go to join delete me dot com, slash GSL and use our CODEGSL to get twenty percent off all consumer plans. You know, I understand where there's soccer coaches and their daughter plays on the team. I understand that, but sometimes you see guys that are volunteering to be which is that don't have children.
Speaker 1: And it doesn't necessarily mean that there's any wrongdoing, but it makes me weary and suspicious. Always.
Speaker 2: I think it's very odd if you don't have a child on the team.
Speaker 1: Because of spirals. It always spirals of like, oh, we're gonna do like this, this after hours saying like I'm gonna host and you can bring your kids by. We're all the team here, Like you know what I'm saying. It's just it's unfortunate that that's the case. But this is the reality we live in, and if we've learned anything in recent years, it's that this is pretty rampant. Unfortunately, kids are targeted and people in positions of authority always exploit the trust of parents.
Speaker 2: Yeah, people will place themselves in positions to be around children because they are predators. It's not that they become a predator once they do it. So you have to be so careful when it's you know, churches, we see it a lot of churches, and they target churches, and they target youth groups and they target church camps because people are trusting at these events. We left the youth group because of that spicky Vibesah, we did it matters And if you have the reason I wanted to talk about this is because it's so important to listen to the little alarms that go off in your head. If you get a single ichy vibe from somebody, please trust to that. Don't say I need to be polite or I need to be quiet or no.
Speaker 1: The spidy senses are tangling. The chances are you're writing something's over.
Speaker 3: There was a youth pastor at the youth group Kamani and I started attending and he segregated the young girls and then they were all like pretweens eleven to thirteen ish and the boys.
Speaker 2: And he chose to.
Speaker 3: Speak to the girls instead of having any of the women speak to us. And he said that women who are beautiful in God's eyes are silent and don't stir up trouble, and then continued to speak about how you never go to the authorities. Things can be handled within the church. But I found that very very creepy in context of girls that are beautiful in God's eyes don't stir up trouble, they don't say things, they're quiet, they're silent. And he literally used those words quiet and silent, and I was like, hmm, yeah, that's yeah, that sounds like conditioning.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I was so mad on that one too.
Speaker 1: So where do we go from here? Because there are additional details that do involve our kids and our family that we're not going to get too deep into for a variety of reasons.
Speaker 2: But yeah, we're definitely not letting this go because I feel very frustrated that I called. I called three times, and I was made to feel like I was overreacting. One person was very polite, the other two were not as polite. One person was really polite and they were like, yeah, okay, I understand. I'm sorry. He's really a great doctor. Curious yeah, and it's now I was feeling like, how am I the only person feeling like this? This guy was so creepy?
Speaker 1: So when you looked it up yours it was the only negative review onay.
Speaker 2: I had the only name. When this all came out, I went online to them, like, this guy has to have other negative reviews. I found my review from twenty nineteen. It's on there. You can find on the internet. If you see a twenty nineteen negative review, it's me now since there's a bunch of negative reviews, so now that everyone knows, like, oh my gosh, she was a predator. Oh I noticed this.
Speaker 1: It's the human nature, the fact that you're willing to keep your mouth shut for so long, but now that it's all come to light, you're like, oh, well, not okay, So yeah, I did notice something. I just didn't want to say anything.
Speaker 2: Why not because they didn't want People don't want to be wrong for something like this, because it's such a horrible accusations. You don't want to be wrong.
Speaker 1: That's how these things, and you.
Speaker 2: Don't want people to not believe you, because what an embarrassing thing to be like, you accuse someone of this and nobody believes you, And so that's what keeps people quiet, and that's what makes moms in that kind of a situation. But it's not just pediatricians. Women are also abused regularly. With women's healthcare, there is so much use that goes on, and women don't even know at the time that they're being abused.
Speaker 1: And it's a far better option to speak up and be wrong than to be right and say nothing.
Speaker 2: But it's hard to be wrong in that situation and so they do take the road of saying nothing. And then with pediatricians, even like if you're young mom or first time mom, you may not realize what they're doing to your child is abuse or that they are you know, like.
Speaker 1: But again, vibes are a thing, and if you're getting a creepy vibe from somebody, trust it. Yep, it matters.
Speaker 2: It does matter. And so I'm so glad that I got our kids out of there when I did, but I wish I had done it fifteen minutes earlier. And I'm glad that we never went back. I'm glad that I tried to raise alarms, but now I wish I had taken it further. I don't know if I could have taken it to law enforcement at that time, because all I had was my word against his and inappropriate conduct. But he could have easily explained that away in a medical serce.
Speaker 1: I think you handled it accordingly with trying to bring it to the attention of Kaiser. It's unfortunate that they believe you off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they totally blew me off, and then I felt like I was blown off, so I called back the next day, and then I think I even called back like a week later, because I was still so upset about it, and they just didn't do anything. And I think it should have at least warranted an investigation for sure. And now I come to find out I'm not the only person who called. So you had multiple moms calling in saying he's using like explicit language and he's going out of his way to touch and grow my children when it's not necessary. And he was also very aggressive with moms that pushed back, and so this was a theme and they ignored it and they protected him, and so this things like this cannot happen, and I hope that it's handled and.
Speaker 1: You go so more to come on that. We're just learning about all of this along with everybody else. We'll see maybe I can get in touch with some of my buddies back at the PD, but we're dealing with it. It's unfortunate that all this came to light and right now having to go back and be like, okay, well let me, you know, relive this, break it down and see whether it's a it's a horrible situation. Fortunately, this guy is not out of the picture, but he's not the only one that's not there. Tend he's the only one. Yeah, so on a writer note to you, thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know we were going to We went back and forth, like do we wait and talk about this? But it's so important and I think that it if this had been handled, so many children could have been saved from his abuse over the past six years if they had just listened in twenty nineteen, and I wanted to bring it up. I think it's too important to wait. Because if you're getting bad vibes about any male in your child or grandchild's life, or any female, because I know there are female predators also, just please be careful, Please be cautious. You do not need to leave the room for medical appointments. You do not. Don't make them feel like you do. And don't ignore that little voice in your head. It's right. Do you know your children and you know yourself, and like, these are survival instincts and they're there for a reason. Don't tell them to shut up, because nobody gets hurt except for the like you or your child the only line of defense. Please advocate for them.
Speaker 1: Isn't it weird that we treat female predators differently? Yeah, and then like even my own you know, exactly like I brought up, like no males that they're around you, but but yeah, we do have females that do these types of things as well. How many teachers have quite a few teachers out the last couple of teachers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's still treated differently even when they're charged.
Speaker 1: It's it's handled more lightly of like oh it's a young boy, and it's like no, unacceptable all the time. Always, this is crazy. Anyway, anything else you want to squeeze in here, anything else you want to address or touch upon before we shut this down.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think so. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I think I Thank you for joining us, and thank you for helping me with this book. You guys, remember pre orders are open right now. We're so excited about it. We're going to fill you in a lot more, and then once we get the little Lamb and everything, we'll show it to you. I'm so excited to show a little lam I'm so excited about it. He's so cute but in like you'll immediately laugh at them. Yeah, and we're going to do some sneak peaks coming up of the illustrations and everything. They are fantastic, they're so good Okay.
Speaker 1: Thank you for joining us and appreciate it, and big thanks to all of you out there, really appreciate the support. Hopefully things go well much like they did with Lutle with this new book for the both of you. But we'll keep you updated on that. You guys, take care of We're back in here next week.
Speaker 2: Yes, I think we are taking a break for the birthdays. Key and I are. Yes, I'm turning old and Kimani is turning sixteen years old, and so we're going.
Speaker 1: Special time of year where I give Melissa a hard time for three months until I match her in age. So then cradle Robert.
Speaker 2: I know, I know, I'm the older woman for three months, and so it's our birthday next that's right.
Speaker 1: I totally forgot about that, Okay, but then.
Speaker 2: We will a week after that and we will be on good time living on Saturday. So stay tuned for Saturday. We got a blog coming.
Speaker 1: Okay, there you go. So then you guys take care of Godless. We'll see that.
Speaker 2: Written all so
Speaker 3: The Richman know the Richmond's words